Dockside: GAW Dealership (206)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Dockside: GAW Dealership (206)

Postby Augur » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:46 pm

This is where Golden Age Weaponsmiths' offices in Mercenary Plaza send customers to pick up their vehicles. The dealership focuses exclusively on the mercenary trade, which means it has rows of military vehicles, hangars, storage buildings and a main office building enclosed within an M.D. chain link fence. The place looks more like an armory or military base than a vehicle dealership. At any given time there are 100+ vehicles parked in the yard, from retrofitted tanks to new production Apache gunships and everything in between. Ammunition, conventional firearms, Blast Armor, assault rifles, LAWs, rocket launchers, TOW missiles, mortars and howitzers are also stored here.

+15% to all rolls to find GAW items of any type or rarity
Augur
Admin

Re: Dockside: GAW Dealership (206)

Postby Lucille Davis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72 / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 94

As Lucy and Saffron enter GAW, Lucy can feel a delightful sense of calm excitement wash over her. Vehicle after vehicle line the yard in numbers that take her back to fond memories of wide open floors in the largest of Northern Gun's factories, but it's their wide variety that is perhaps even more impressive to her. As they pass though, she notes several types of tanks, APCs, helicopters, airplanes, and some precious little dune buggies! "Oh, so cute!" She's particularly drawn to some of the retrofits which tease her imagination. "Mausan moavhas, these vehicles are sexy." Though they all appear to be purely electro-mechanical in nature and lacking the whimsy of techno-magical design, she is still charmed.

Pulling herself away from the spectacular menagerie of automotive ingenuity, she returns her focus to her partner. "So Saffron, which of these here lovely beauts are you're thinking to acquire?"

Gobbley
My mother
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 127/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Lucille Davis

Postby Saffron Reynolds » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 98

Saffron is looking around at the vehicles ," Man, I might be in the wrong place. How embarrassing is this?" Saffron looking around hoping to find a salesperson to assist her trying not to look frustrated. "Actually, Lucy I am looking for guns. I know your thinking; what do I need with another gun?" Saffron giggles.

"Oh, Look it is someone that can help. Excuse me , I am looking for the gun department . Can you tell me where to go?" Saffron looks excited and starts to head over to the department .
Saffron/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 16
S.D.C.: 53

Saffron Reynolds

Postby Legion » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:20 pm

Lucille Davis wrote:As Lucy and Saffron enter GAW, Lucy can feel a delightful sense of calm excitement wash over her. Vehicle after vehicle line the yard in numbers that take her back to fond memories of wide open floors in the largest of Northern Gun's factories, but it's their wide variety that is perhaps even more impressive to her. As they pass though, she notes several types of tanks, APCs, helicopters, airplanes, and some precious little dune buggies! "Oh, so cute!" She's particularly drawn to some of the retrofits which tease her imagination. "Mausan moavhas, these vehicles are sexy." Though they all appear to be purely electro-mechanical in nature and lacking the whimsy of techno-magical design, she is still charmed.

Pulling herself away from the spectacular menagerie of automotive ingenuity, she returns her focus to her partner. "So Saffron, which of these here lovely beauts are you're thinking to acquire?"

Saffron Reynolds wrote:Saffron is looking around at the vehicles ," Man, I might be in the wrong place. How embarrassing is this?" Saffron looking around hoping to find a salesperson to assist her trying not to look frustrated. "Actually, Lucy I am looking for guns. I know your thinking; what do I need with another gun?" Saffron giggles.

"Oh, Look it is someone that can help. Excuse me , I am looking for the gun department . Can you tell me where to go?" Saffron looks excited and starts to head over to the department .

It takes about 5 minutes or so, but eventually the pair are approached by a middle aged woman wearing an olive drab military style jump suit with the letters G-A-W in over sized black print on the back of it. In the front of the outfit, just above the left breast pocket, is the name 'Jane Lynch'*. She smiles, "Hiya ladies. Welcome to Golden Age Weaponsmiths. What can I do for ya'?". In response to Saffron's question she nods and says, "Guns huh? Just follow me.", then leads them to a building that has 'Small Arms' in stenciled on it black. Inside is the largest selection of Pre-Rifts, slug throwing, military firearms either of them have ever seen. Jane smiles and asks, "So, what exactly were you looking for?".

*GM Note: Yes, she looks and sounds just like Jane Lynch the actress.
ImageImage
Legion
Game Master

Postby Lucille Davis » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81 / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 41

Saffron Reynolds wrote:Saffron is looking around at the vehicles ," Man, I might be in the wrong place. How embarrassing is this?" Saffron looking around hoping to find a salesperson to assist her trying not to look frustrated. "Actually, Lucy I am looking for guns. I know your thinking; what do I need with another gun?" Saffron giggles.

"Guns, of course! Got to have enough guns." Lucy gives Saffron a bit of a wide side eye. "Guns? I should have known it was going to be guns. This girl is obsessed - though she'll be good to have if a fight breaks out, and I certainly wouldn't want to be on the business side of her barrels."

Sine Finem Belli wrote:
Saffron Reynolds wrote:"Oh, Look it is someone that can help. Excuse me , I am looking for the gun department . Can you tell me where to go?" Saffron looks excited and starts to head over to the department .

It takes about 5 minutes or so, but eventually the pair are approached by a middle aged woman wearing an olive drab military style jump suit with the letters G-A-W in over sized black print on the back of it. In the front of the outfit, just above the left breast pocket, is the name 'Jane Lynch'*. She smiles, "Hiya ladies. Welcome to Golden Age Weaponsmiths. What can I do for ya'?". In response to Saffron's question she nods and says, "Guns huh? Just follow me.", then leads them to a building that has 'Small Arms' in stenciled on it black. Inside is the largest selection of Pre-Rifts, slug throwing, military firearms either of them have ever seen. Jane smiles and asks, "So, what exactly were you looking for?".

Lucy is greatly amused by the cheerful yet smirking tone of their new sales clerk. And that name? Lynch?? I mean, come on. Who has the name Lynch in this day and age? "Well there was that strange pre-rifts moving picture by... who was it... Daniel? Damien? Divine? Davis? Hrm... something like that - also last name Lynch - with that detective and his coffee, some scary guy behind the trash, and that odd but charming lady who carried around that piece of wood. Can't quite remember, maybe she was a vampire hunter?" Lucy realizes she's stopped paying attention to Saffron and Lynch, who seem to be getting down to business. "Hope that wasn't all out loud," she thinks to herself. "Don't need them thinking I'm uncultured or something! Anyways, let's see what ol' Lynch has in store here." Lucy peers over Saffron's shoulder at the goods as Lynch brings them out.

{Skill rolls}
Appraise Goods 54% / 1d100 = 54 -- PASS (to help Saffron examine the all the guns)
Weapons Engineer 49% / 1d100 = 20 -- PASS
Field Armorer & Muntions Expert 54% / 1d100 = 4 -- PASS
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status

Lucille Davis

Postby Saffron Reynolds » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 21

Sine Finem Belli wrote:
Lucille Davis wrote:As Lucy and Saffron enter GAW, Lucy can feel a delightful sense of calm excitement wash over her. Vehicle after vehicle line the yard in numbers that take her back to fond memories of wide open floors in the largest of Northern Gun's factories, but it's their wide variety that is perhaps even more impressive to her. As they pass though, she notes several types of tanks, APCs, helicopters, airplanes, and some precious little dune buggies! "Oh, so cute!" She's particularly drawn to some of the retrofits which tease her imagination. "Mausan moavhas, these vehicles are sexy." Though they all appear to be purely electro-mechanical in nature and lacking the whimsy of techno-magical design, she is still charmed.

"Thank you Jane for your assistance. I am looking for a pair of 1911 .45 pistols and ramjet ammo in .45 and .50 caliber, if possible?", Saffron smiles at the salesperson and anxiously shifts her weight to her left hip.

{skill rolls}
Recognize Weapon Quality 60%/ 1d100 = 91%
Saffron/Ledger
Conditions

Saffron Reynolds

Postby Legion » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Saffron Reynolds wrote:"Thank you Jane for your assistance. I am looking for a pair of 1911 .45 pistols and ramjet ammo in .45 and .50 caliber, if possible?", Saffron smiles at the salesperson and anxiously shifts her weight to her left hip.

Jane smiles wide and nods, "The pistols I definitely have, here let me show you...", so saying she heads to the next counter over, reaches into the case and pulls out two, identical 1911 automatic pistols. Setting them down on clean cloth Saffron can see 'GAW, 1911, .45 caliber' engraved into the slide just above the trigger. "These are a pretty common seller, so I like to keep at least a dozen on hand. Brand-new, never been fired except for quality testing. These babies run 900 credits a piece and come with 2 clips each.". Biting her lip a bit she goes on, "As for the ramjet rounds, I know I have some in stock for the .45s here. But I'm not sure about the heavy .50 rounds. Let me check inventory while you look the pistols over.", and with that she moves to a nearby computer system and begins typing. As Saffron looks the hand guns over, it is obvious they are in fact brand new. The slides are a tad stiff with the bare minimum amount of oil on them right now, but they look to be in good working order. In just a couple minutes Jane is back, "Ok, so I've got 3,000 rounds of the WI-10, .45 caliber rounds. As for the WI-20, .50 caliber rounds, I only have 100 left in stock right now. The .45 rounds run 1,000 credits per box of a hundred and the .50 caliber rounds go for 3,500 credits per box of a hundred. So how many rounds of each did you need? And how do you like the 1911s?".

Looking over at Lucille, Jane asks, "Anything I can get for you there hon?".
ImageImage
Legion
Game Master

Postby Saffron Reynolds » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 49

Saffron picks one of the pistols and looks it over noticing the engraving and and how clean it is," They are so shiny and new. I was not expecting new, What more could I ask for?" Saffron wipes the side of her mouth to make sure she is not drooling before addressing Jane. Saffron nibbles on the inside of her cheek, tasting a bit of blood. "the 1911's will get the job done." Saffron smiles and pauses for a moment to make her decision on the purchase. " OK, I will take the pair of 1911's, 200 rounds of .45, and the last box of .50 that you have ."
Saffron/Ledger
Conditions

Saffron Reynolds

Postby Lucille Davis » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 85

Saffron Reynolds wrote:Saffron picks one of the pistols and looks it over noticing the engraving and and how clean it is," They are so shiny and new. I was not expecting new, What more could I ask for?" Saffron wipes the side of her mouth to make sure she is not drooling before addressing Jane. Saffron nibbles on the inside of her cheek, tasting a bit of blood.

Lucy is starting to pick up on some of Saffron's tells - the slight widening of the eye, the twitch in her cheek - she is enamored with these GAW 1911s, and for good reason. Heck, even she could afford one with her sad little black card. What a deal!

Sine Finem Belli wrote:Looking over at Lucille, Jane asks, "Anything I can get for you there hon?".

Lucy startles slightly as Lynch's dulcet tones break her out of her shared reverie over Saffron's choices. "Oh, uh, me? Oh, right. Um, nothing for me today, but you've sure as Gruumsh's one eye made a friend here. Won't forget that." Turning to Saffron, she looks her up and down as subtlety as she can with a wonder. "Now where is she going to hide these on that slim figure? Or maybe that's the point, open carry? Flaunt what she's got?" Her eyes come to rest, fixing Saffron with a look of amusement. "Impressive as usual. Happy with these?"
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status

Lucille Davis

Postby Saffron Reynolds » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 51

Saffron feels someone looking at her she turns her head towards Lucy and notices Lucy looking over at her. Saffron smiles and leans in and whispers in Lucy's ear. " Yes Lucy, I am pleased with these beauties and you." Saffron kisses Lucy on the cheek softly. " I have two more stops to make and then if you would like we can stop and get some grub or a drink?" Saffron heads out of the shop and shows Lucy the rifle and explains." The rifle I purchased earlier it needs a scope and sited in to be useful for any task at hand. I think Wilk's would be the best place for this. Do you mind joining me there?"
Saffron is feeling hopeful and really enjoys Lucy's company. " I really hope she comes with me and have a drink with me later. "

Headed to The Wilk's Store (111)
Saffron/Ledger
Conditions

Saffron Reynolds

Postby Lucille Davis » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:32 pm

**rolls held**

Saffron Reynolds wrote:Saffron smiles and leans in and whispers in Lucy's ear. " Yes Lucy, I am pleased with these beauties and you." Saffron kisses Lucy on the cheek softly. " I have two more stops to make and then if you would like we can stop and get some grub or a drink?" Saffron heads out of the shop and shows Lucy the rifle and explains." The rifle I purchased earlier it needs a scope and sited in to be useful for any task at hand. I think Wilk's would be the best place for this. Do you mind joining me there?"

Lucy vividly blushes as Saffron's lips leave her cheek. She feels completely disarmed by all this forward affection as she fumbles for a response. "Aaaa... um... two stops - right. Yes, of course, right. No no, that's fine." The mention of food and drink causes her stomach to subtly rumble and shifts her attention away from her still burning face. "Oh, and food, yes - and a drink! Afar mausan moavhas a drink would be so good!"

As they turn to leave, Lucy pivots quickly back for a moment to catch Lynch's eye. "Hope to see ya around Jane! Again, it's been a pleasure!" "One day, when I can afford some of this sexy equipment..."

Headed to The Wilk's Store (111)
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status

Lucille Davis

Return to The Outskirts