111 Wall Access Road (7a) (AAPS Base)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

111 Wall Access Road (7a) (AAPS Base)

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:54 am

111 Wall Access Road, AAPS Base -7a
North by northeast of the Rat Race Derby, along a hovercycle racetrack, this garage functions as AAPS base of operations.

The building is built on a tallish scale.

The larger section has 57' of clearance in the center, and has 52'*'52' of useable floorspace inside of a 55'*55' structure. It has two entrances to the front section, and a large bay door that rises to 45'. There are support struts built for rigging attached to the ceiling in various locations.

The front section of this building is smaller. Ceilings are 16' tall throughout, and 21' in the center.

It has usable floorspace of 38'*37' inside a 40'*40' Structure.

(M.D.C.- Front Section 275 (30 per 10'*10'), Rear Section 800 (30 per 10'*10') Garage Door 50, Front Door 15, Windows 10 each)
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Re: 111 Wall Access Road (7a) (AAPS Base)

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:14 am

Perception: 1d100 = 7% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 54

Once The Sled has landed inside the AAPS hangar, the first thing Victor does is head over to the power suit storage area to exit the Prophet. Once outside the suit, he spends several minutes stretching out his entire body, muttering, "Longest stint I have ever done in a suit before...". Once he has some of the worst soreness eased out of his body, Victor does routine after-action maintenance on his suit before fully shutting it down. After that, Victor returns to The Sled to retrieve the rest of his gear. He returns the NE-4 and its ammo to the AAPS armory along with the CP-30 that isn't really his. Shouldering the rest of his gear Victor turns to the rest of the group, "Ok, folks I am going to go grab a shower. Somehow I doubt anyone wants to cook, so why don't we order some delivery? What do you say?".

Once that is settled, Victor makes good on his statement. He heads to his room, dumping all of his gear on his bed then stripping down to only underclothes. He grabs a towel and a clean set of fatigues, then spends the next 15 minutes in the shower singing badly. Upon getting out of the shower, Victor looks in the mirror at his reflection and comments, "Time for a haircut....maybe even a new color...".

On his way back to the common area Victor swings by the kitchen and grabs a cold bottle of water. Speaking to anyone still present asks, "So do we have an idea for food yet? I will eat just about anything.". Victor waits for anymore discussion of food to wind down before he says anything else. Getting the attention of Ecks, Brianna, Mink, and Max first, Victor looks quite serious as he speaks, "So...that last mission was....well, that was nothing I have ever done before. I mean, time travel on top of fighting demons and rescuing deities....nothing in that op was in my bailiwick. I wasn't sure what to do once the fire-fight started, I just started shooting at bad looking things! And hoping that it would work!", Victor suddenly blurts out, "Don't get me wrong, I'm not quitting on you guys! But, well...". Victor stops for a moment, takes a deep breathe and exhales loudly before going on, "On the ride back home, I got to thinking that I need a whole new set of skills if we are going to be tackling targets like that in the future. The N-G Army trained me how to take on just about any armored target on the planet, but monsters and demons and such? If I am going to be of use in a fight like that, I need to know what does and doesn't work against those things. So, I've decided that tomorrow I am going to swing by the academy here in MercTown and see about signing up for some training there. I just wanted to go ahead and give you guys a heads up, since some of those classes can take 2 to 4 months....even longer. I don't want you to plan a job and not have me there when you need me.". He stops and looks at the 4 he addressed, "So...what do you all think?".

{Skill Rolls}
General Repair & Maintenance 85% / 1d100 = 93%
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29/85%
JIC:1d20 = 15/1d100 = 61

Surprised at the lucrative payday, Ecks thanks the Gateway Knights. Speakman's invitation to continue the survey after a return to Merctown is work if nothing else. He nods. "I think we will be up for that, but a resupply is much needed I think. I'll see you back there. If you don't make it back, I'll make sure to comfort Mindy after your tragic demise." he says with a smirk, patting Speakman on the back. Though sarcastic as always, he's certainly tired and it's clear in his tone and energy. He walks away and raises his hand in farewell before climbing up and into the Mobile Hunter (perhaps with Brianna if she'll consent to driving it with him) and drives Morning Glory back west towards Merctown

The road back to Merctown is a long one, passing through many villages where he plies his trade, aiding any who might need the assistance of an operator. It also gave him time to think on matters of the heart. Before leaving his heart was troubled over the whole situation with Mindy but Madhaven and the alternate dimension has cleared his mind. And then there is Anna. He has known her basically as long as he has known Brianna... He comes to peace with things as they are now.

Ecks ((if Brianna will have it)) continues training on the controls of the mobile hunter, leaving her to operate the robot while he sits half out of the hatch, enjoying some fresh air. Finally finding the Ohio river, they follow it west. Many times the river itself becomes the road taken, wading through its waters with the giant robot. Finally, Ecks begins to see more settlements. Speaking with locals indicates they are not far from Merctown. Excited to get back, he pushes everyone on, making Merctown before nightfall. Thankful for once for being in the outskirts, they are able to pull right up to their hangar. "Welcome home ladies and gentlemen. And cats."

Climbing down out of the mobile hunter, he goes inside to open the hangar.

Running his hands through his hair in exhaustion, he enters AAPS HQ. "The line at the grocery store was ridiculous." he says generally to the crew running security, the head of which is Anna. "So did you have to kill anyone while we were gone?" he adds with a half smile. Opening the hangar he gets everyone else and their vehicles inside.

Victor asks about food.

"Ok, folks I am going to go grab a shower. Somehow I doubt anyone wants to cook, so why don't we order some delivery? What do you say?".

Turning back to Singer, Ecks nods. "I could really use some Old Grandad's. I've been dying for some pizza. Our pizza in that city was ok, but Grandad's is better. sausage, pepperoni and mushroom."

Ecks, climbs out of his armor and puts it on charge. Taking a whiff of his own clothes, he coughs. "Yeah, a shower might be in order." If everyone is ok with pizza, he takes everyone's order and puts in a call to Grandad's and/or other eateries as preferences demand.

The hot shower pries the stink off his body and soothes his aching frame. Returning wearing a fresh blue Northern Gun t-shirt featuring their vintage logo from the 90's. He always liked that logo as he affiliated it closely with the legendary Sampson. He remembered watching their promotional releases as a boy in Ishpeming.

In reply to Victor's mention of training, Ecks nods and considers the suggestion. Well, we've got 10 mil on this card. 1 million will go into our company account. The rest will split between the crew here. I think considering their considerable contributions, Quinn and Naliyah should share in our payday. Anyone opposed?" he asks specifically to the AAPS members.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:26 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Ecks wrote:In reply to Victor's mention of training, Ecks nods and considers the suggestion. Well, we've got 10 mil on this card. 1 million will go into our company account. The rest will split between the crew here. I think considering their considerable contributions, Quinn and Naliyah should share in our payday. Anyone opposed?" he asks specifically to the AAPS members.

Victor doesn't take long thinking on this, "You mean Doc and the big cat? Yeah, I think they deserve a share, they both pulled their weight I'd say. Am....am I the only one who finds it kind of odd talking to an oversized house cat? Max is one thing, he walks upright, has 2 hands and so on. I'm not judging her or anything...just wondering if anyone else finds it....weird?".
Last edited by Victor Singer on Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Naliyah » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18/48%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 57
JIC (20): 1d20 = 18

Naliyah thanks everyone as they depart.

Proud Lioness... I wonder what she was talking about...? thinks the Shing.

Later, back at AAPS HQ...

Ecks wrote:"Ok, folks I am going to go grab a shower. Somehow I doubt anyone wants to cook, so why don't we order some delivery? What do you say?".

"No cooking for me, thank you," says the lioness, smiling.

I should probably check with that butcher and pick up some more after I eat though... she thinks.

Ecks wrote:Ecks, climbs out of his armor and puts it on charge. Taking a whiff of his own clothes, he coughs. "Yeah, a shower might be in order."

"Yes, I agree - a shower could do some good. Where might I find one?" she asks. Assuming Ecks or someone else points her to a bathroom, Naliyah goes to it and uses her Ectoplasmic hand to operate the door handle, etc.

Once the door is closed, the lioness opens her saddlebags and takes out her humanoid clothing. She then casts Metamorphosis: Human, changing into her standard human female form. Once she finishes, the Lioness dresses into a casual outfit (jeans, plain t-shirt, etc.) before casting Cleanse to make herself presentable. She then puts on some light makeup and heads out to see the others.

I wonder what they'll think about this surprise? Maybe they'll think I'm some intruder... I hope they ask questions before shooting! she thinks as she puts on the force field, just in case.

The Shing enters the room with the others appearing rather different than she did when she left. She is carrying the same saddlebags Naliyah had on over her shoulders and has the force field in her hand, ready to activate, just in case anyone decides to shoot first and ask questions later.

She overhears:
Ecks wrote:In reply to Victor's mention of training, Ecks nods and considers the suggestion. Well, we've got 10 mil on this card. 1 million will go into our company account. The rest will split between the crew here. I think considering their considerable contributions, Quinn and Naliyah should share in our payday. Anyone opposed?" he asks specifically to the AAPS members.

"I agree!" she pipes up with a dazzling smile. "The lioness was especially helpful, in my estimation," she says, winking slyly, and pauses to allow the radical transformation sink in for a moment.

Charm/Impress the other members of AAPS: 1d100 = 17/70%

Victor Singer wrote:Victor doesn't take long thinking on this, "You mean Doc and the big cat? Yeah, I think they deserve a share, they both pulled their I'd say. Am....am I the only one who finds it kind of odd talking to an oversized house cat? Max is one thing, he walks upright, has 2 hands and so on. I'm not judging her or anything...just wondering if anyone else finds it....weird?".

"Well, I don't think it's that weird... though, I don't always have to stay in my natural form, as you can see," she says to Victor. "Unfortunately, I can't hold this form for more than a bit over an hour and a half, though..." she says with a bit of disappointment in her voice.

It could be fun to hold it for a longer period, like I'm told some beings can... she thinks.

"Then again, as you humans like to say - don't knock it 'till you try it! I'll see if I can learn the Metamorphosis: Animal spell and you can try out the whole 'oversized housecat' thing on for size yourself, if you like...?" she says, teasing the man.

"I'm going to head on down to see a friend. See you guys in a while?" she says. "Oh, I almost forgot. Shall we look into getting a custom radio earbud made so I can communicate with you guys who wear armored suits and so on? Might come in handy," she says, remembering their communication difficulties from the fight with the Sorceress.

If no one asks her to stay around, Naliyah will then head to the Collegiate Arcane in the Mystic Quarter.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88

Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
Naliyah

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:42 pm

Naliyah wrote:The Shing enters the room with the others appearing rather different than she did when she left. She is carrying the same saddlebags Naliyah had on over her shoulders and has the force field in her hand, ready to activate, just in case anyone decides to shoot first and ask questions later.

She overhears:

"I agree!" she pipes up with a dazzling smile. "The lioness was especially helpful, in my estimation," she says, winking slyly, and pauses to allow the radical transformation sink in for a moment.

Charm/Impress the other members of AAPS: Original post: 1d100 = 17/70%

Victor for his part is in fact taken in by the woman's beauty at first, but then realizes he has no idea who this is, looking around at everyone else he asks, "Um...ok. She's not here with me...did one of you call in for some entertainment and leave her in your room? That wasn't even the first thing on my mind...".

Naliyah wrote:"Well, I don't think it's that weird... though, I don't always have to stay in my natural form, as you can see," she says to Victor. "Unfortunately, I can't hold this form for more than a bit over an hour and a half, though..." she says with a bit of disappointment in her voice.

It could be fun to hold it for a longer period, like I'm told some beings can... she thinks.

"Then again, as you humans like to say - don't knock it 'till you try it! I'll see if I can learn the Metamorphosis: Animal spell and you can try out the whole 'oversized housecat' thing on for size yourself, if you like...?" she says, teasing the man.

"I'm going to head on down to see a friend. See you guys in a while?" she says. "Oh, I almost forgot. Shall we look into getting a custom radio earbud made so I can communicate with you guys who wear armored suits and so on? Might come in handy," she says, remembering their communication difficulties from the fight with the Sorceress.

Victor blinks a few times as he processes what is going on. Then looks a bit abashed when he recalls his comment from just moments ago, "Uh, sorry about that Naliyah. I could explain why I made that comment...but it wouldn't help. So I'm just going to stick with I'm sorry and leave it at that.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Naliyah » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:55 am

**rolls held**

Victor Singer wrote:Victor for his part is in fact taken in by the woman's beauty at first, but then realizes he has no idea who this is, looking around at everyone else he asks, "Um...ok. She's not here with me...did one of you call in for some entertainment and leave her in your room? That wasn't even the first thing on my mind...".

The now-humanoid Shing laughs.

Entertainment? she thinks. Whatever could he mean?

(ooc: This isn't meant as ironic or sarcastic - Naliyah is not from "around here", so she doesn't catch the euphemistic hint of what 'entertainment' could be construed as)

Victor Singer wrote:Victor blinks a few times as he processes what is going on. Then looks a bit abashed when he recalls his comment from just moments ago, "Uh, sorry about that Naliyah. I could explain why I made that comment...but it wouldn't help. So I'm just going to stick with I'm sorry and leave it at that.".

Naliyah looks at Victor with a curious expression.

"Sorry? For what? Oh, the oversized housecat thing? Don't sweat it," she says, smiling at the man. "After all, I kind of thought it strange to talk to a bunch of hairless upright apes myself, until I got used to it. This Megaverse is vast, and awe-inspiring sometimes, when you think about it," she says as she tries to move her hands around in an expressive manner as she's seen humans do.

It's odd, not having claws, or paws, for that matter. These 'fingers'... will take some getting used to.

"Although, I will admit, this form is a little... awkward when it comes to movement, as I'm not used to walking around upright on two limbs, or using hands..." she says, as she puts down the gear for a moment and flexes her fingers/hands, and then tries out a few dance moves as she gets used to the humanoid body.

Skill Roll: Dance (just a few basic stretches and moves to get used to the body and feel limber) --> 1d100 = 8/79%

"So Victor - you seem pretty competent with those big suits of - what do you call it? Power Armor? Is that your specialty?"

She turns to Ecks. "And what about you, Ecks? You seem handy with them too. As a matter of fact, I guess I don't really know anyone's area of expertise in this group - well, at least not formally," she says while shifting her weight to one side.

"I'm going to guess you've surmised that I specialize in magic; though, specifically, magic of the temporal and dimension-spanning variety. Space and Time, more or less."

I've got a few minutes to burn here... the Metamorphosis won't wear off for at least another hour and a half... she thinks to herself. May as well get to know these folks - especially if they're willing to pay me or have a regular means of acquiring knowledge and experience!
Naliyah
Current Status

Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Ecks » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:27 pm

((rolls carried))

He listens to the lion with curiosity. "This is at least the second talking animal that mentioned apes. I've only ever seen them in pictures, but apparently they must be common across the universe."

When Naliyah asks about specializations, he replies "I'm an operator. I am probably best with robots. I am also proficient as a weapons engineer and a few other fields. Though these days, dealing with the supernatural seems to be the main consumer of my time." Ecks sits down in a rolling chair behind one of the work benches in the work bay and scoots it around to face the lion.

"To be honest we just lost our XO and brought on board an elf, a doctor and a battle cat so it's hard to say what my specialization will be soon. he adds with a laugh. "Anyhow, specialization is for insects. Everyone here should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:28 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Naliyah wrote:"Sorry? For what? Oh, the oversized housecat thing? Don't sweat it," she says, smiling at the man. "After all, I kind of thought it strange to talk to a bunch of hairless upright apes myself, until I got used to it. This Megaverse is vast, and awe-inspiring sometimes, when you think about it," she says as she tries to move her hands around in an expressive manner as she's seen humans do.

It's odd, not having claws, or paws, for that matter. These 'fingers'... will take some getting used to.

"Although, I will admit, this form is a little... awkward when it comes to movement, as I'm not used to walking around upright on two limbs, or using hands..." she says, as she puts down the gear for a moment and flexes her fingers/hands, and then tries out a few dance moves as she gets used to the humanoid body.

"So Victor - you seem pretty competent with those big suits of - what do you call it? Power Armor? Is that your specialty?"

Victor grins, nods and rolls up both of his sleeves and shows off his numerous tattoos, "Yeah, you got it right, power armor. Although I can handle the big bots as well, I just prefer the compact size of a suit. As for specialty, my training goes beyond just being a PA trooper. I'm also a demolitions expert...hence all the really loud explosions during our last battle. What about you? What sort of magic do you specialize in? Or is there such a thing?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:20 am

((Rolls carried))
"I believe she was saying temporal and dimensional magic. Time and space." Ecks replies. His experience with temporal and spatial magic was a jarring one that certainly changed his outlook, leaving him both more amazed by magic but also less in awe or fearful of the supernatural or the bizarre creatures that seem to wield it.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 33/1d20 = 15
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other:

Underguard wrote:When Selenidaria offers her services to the Goddess, she lightly nods her head. "You have certainly proven your aptitude; very well." She pauses and holds her right hand up and a medallion manifests in her hand. She'll approach Sel and hand her the medallion. "Consider this the beginning of your service; unlock this medallion, and you'll unlock a new depth to your powers." She states and as Sel touches it, she feels an intense presence of magic imbued within it.

"O Thou of Countless Names, thank you!" Selenidaria exclaims as she receives the goddess' gift. Holding it within her hands, she reaches out to it with her mind to unlock it, feeling it's magic flowing through her. When food is mentioned, Sel speaks up saying "That sounds wonderful! But let me go to Staci change out of this first." With that, Sel races off to her vehicle/mobile home/workshop and goes to the front of the crawler half-track, awkwardly hugging the corner. Once inside, she removes Jonathan and plops down into the comfortable feel of the pilot's chair, reclining it all the way back and stretching for the first time in a couple of days, but felt much longer to her. She catches herself almost dozing off inside of Staci, jolting upright when she remembered about the food that had been prepared for them. Grabbing the cleanest set of coveralls she could find, she steps in them and puts her hair up into a messy bun. Finally, she picks up the medallion that Isis gave her and puts it around her neck before running back to the feast. When she overhears Ecks talking to Speakman about comforting his girlfriend in the event of the man's death leaves her slack jawed in shock that he would so brazenly say something like that, although she becomes less shocked when she thinks back to how he treated Isis. In the days following their celebratory meal back on their world, Sel spent as much time as she could during their journey back to MercTown pouring over the remaining spell tomes she rented from the Collegiate Arcane to finish learning them. Whenever they stopped to help a community by fixing anything that needed to be repaired, Sel always lent a helping hand. Anytime she worked with Ecks, she always kept the topic on their shared interests of mechanics, even if it wasn't relevant to the task at hand. One night about a week into their trip, Sel will approach Bri and ask her "Can I ask you some questions about Ecks? Back there with Isis, was that normal for him? And with Speakman, offering to comfort his girlfriend in the event of his death? I'm just trying to figure him out, because he doesn't act like that at all towards you, Mink, or myself, but I haven't really seen him interact with other females. Well I guess there was that group of heroes when we went back in time, but..." she trailed off for a minute, shaking her head and letting out an exasperated sigh as she searches for the right words to form the question in her. "Does he treat us differently because we work with him, or did he act like that due to stress is what I am really wondering."

After returning to the group's hangar at MercTown, Victor mentions ordering delivery when Sel chimes in "Why not go out? I hear the food and drinks at the Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern are to die1 for!" She then proceeds to go to Ecks and ask him where she can park Staci (her crawler half-track) and stow Jonathan (her Blue Boy power armor) and Chip (her Chipwell power armor). If the rest of the group is agreeable to dining out, Sel will then go clean up, coming back wearing dark slacks, a light blue blouse, leather pilot's jacket, pink scarf, tinted goggles, and a pink fuzzy baseball-style cap.

When Victor talks about their last quest they just returned from talking about how he felt out of his depth, Sel chimes in with "Temporal magic is rare enough that few people are experienced with it, and even fewer still actively travel through time like you or I might travel about a city. And dieties generally don't need rescuing, so it seems doubtful that anyone could be considered experts at it. But I definitely understand the point you're making. Even though I'm a spell caster, up until now I had dedicated my life to learning how to incorporate magic with technology. But I spent so much time learning about machines, electricity, and technology that I'm basically a spell slinging grease monkey. My knowledge of magical theory is passable, but I am by no means an expert about it. But that medallion that Isis gave to me is showing me a different way in which I can serve her, and the skills and abilities that I need in order to do so. If you feel that learning these new skills are something that you need to do to better serve the group, then I say go for it!"

When Ecks talks about splitting the rewards, Sel says with a sarcastic smirk "What about Max, or is he chopped liver?" Her tone becoming more serious, though still light and cheerful she adds in "I'm fine with all three getting a cut." She has a momentary look of confusion at the woman until she realizes that Naliyah had shape changed into a human form, which causes her to chuckle at her responses to Victor. When Naliyah asks about everyone's specialties, Sel realizes that Ecks calling himself an Operator may not explain to this dimensional traveler what he's good at, so she speaks up to clarify that and tell Naliyah what she is. "What Ecks means by calling himself an operator is that he is among one of the best and most knowledgeable people when it comes to fixing and modifying technology. As for myself, I am, or was, or still am a Techno-Wizard. I have the ability to take magic and technology and combine it into a unique whole. As a result in addition to my spell casting abilities, which are hindered unless I channel the magic through a technological device of some sort, I have many of the same skills that Ecks does, even if I'm not quite as good at them as he is."
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 155/155
ISP: 37/37

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:36 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Ecks wrote:"I believe she was saying temporal and dimensional magic. Time and space." Ecks replies. His experience with temporal and spatial magic was a jarring one that certainly changed his outlook, leaving him both more amazed by magic but also less in awe or fearful of the supernatural or the bizarre creatures that seem to wield it.

Victor shakes his head, "Oh, please no more time travel...or space either. Never been there, never want to. And one trip through time was enough thanks!".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Naliyah » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:51 am

**rolls held**

Ecks wrote:When Naliyah asks about specializations, he replies "I'm an operator. I am probably best with robots. I am also proficient as a weapons engineer and a few other fields. Though these days, dealing with the supernatural seems to be the main consumer of my time." Ecks sits down in a rolling chair behind one of the work benches in the work bay and scoots it around to face the lion.

Naliyah nods and listens to Ecks. So... you operate mostly robots? she thinks, not quite sure what the term "Operator" means in this context - though she understands dealing with the supernatural, as they just dealt with plenty of that.

Ecks wrote:"To be honest we just lost our XO and brought on board an elf, a doctor and a battle cat so it's hard to say what my specialization will be soon. he adds with a laugh. "Anyhow, specialization is for insects. Everyone here should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly."

"Well, I can do... a few of those things. I'll have to work on the rest over time, I suppose," she says. "Let's start with - what's an XO?" she then says with a grin.

Victor Singer wrote:Victor grins, nods and rolls up both of his sleeves and shows off his numerous tattoos, "Yeah, you got it right, power armor. Although I can handle the big bots as well, I just prefer the compact size of a suit. As for specialty, my training goes beyond just being a PA trooper. I'm also a demolitions expert...hence all the really loud explosions during our last battle. What about you? What sort of magic do you specialize in? Or is there such a thing?".

Ahh, he likes to make things go boom... thinks the Shing as she hears and watches Victor.

When he asks her what kind of magic she specializes in, Naliyah wonders if it's some kind of trick question, given that she just told them that, but then Ecks comes to the rescue:

Ecks wrote:"I believe she was saying temporal and dimensional magic. Time and space." Ecks replies.

"That's right," she says as she nods to Ecks. "ALL of my kind practice magic of some sort, but it varies as to the areas of specialty. Some practice magic focused on combat, some for hunting, some for generalized travel... some are what you might call 'warlocks', as they seem to have an affinity for the magic of the earth. My own specialty is the magic of the ley lines and rifts, and the manipulation of time and space."

Selenidaria wrote:When Victor talks about their last quest they just returned from talking about how he felt out of his depth, Sel chimes in with "Temporal magic is rare enough that few people are experienced with it, and even fewer still actively travel through time like you or I might travel about a city. And dieties generally don't need rescuing, so it seems doubtful that anyone could be considered experts at it. But I definitely understand the point you're making. Even though I'm a spell caster, up until now I had dedicated my life to learning how to incorporate magic with technology. But I spent so much time learning about machines, electricity, and technology that I'm basically a spell slinging grease monkey. My knowledge of magical theory is passable, but I am by no means an expert about it. But that medallion that Isis gave to me is showing me a different way in which I can serve her, and the skills and abilities that I need in order to do so. If you feel that learning these new skills are something that you need to do to better serve the group, then I say go for it!"

When Ecks talks about splitting the rewards, Sel says with a sarcastic smirk "What about Max, or is he chopped liver?" Her tone becoming more serious, though still light and cheerful she adds in "I'm fine with all three getting a cut." She has a momentary look of confusion at the woman until she realizes that Naliyah had shape changed into a human form, which causes her to chuckle at her responses to Victor. When Naliyah asks about everyone's specialties, Sel realizes that Ecks calling himself an Operator may not explain to this dimensional traveler what he's good at, so she speaks up to clarify that and tell Naliyah what she is. "What Ecks means by calling himself an operator is that he is among one of the best and most knowledgeable people when it comes to fixing and modifying technology. As for myself, I am, or was, or still am a Techno-Wizard. I have the ability to take magic and technology and combine it into a unique whole. As a result in addition to my spell casting abilities, which are hindered unless I channel the magic through a technological device of some sort, I have many of the same skills that Ecks does, even if I'm not quite as good at them as he is."

"I admit, when I first encountered Techno-Wizardry, I was fascinated by it. I still am... perhaps when I become more knowledgeable in magical theory, as you say, I will be able to piece together how it generally works," the Lioness says.

I just need to find a suitably patient mentor... she thinks.

Victor Singer wrote:Victor shakes his head, "Oh, please no more time travel...or space either. Never been there, never want to. And one trip through time was enough thanks!".

The Shing laughs. "It's not so bad, once you get used to it. And, that time traveling magic sent the black gem away from the battle - in this case, permanently - so it's probably good that we had it. The Goddess said it could have made things a lot more difficult for us if it had stuck around," she says, her attitude turning more serious.

"Though, I completely understand how uneasy it makes people. Time is one of those things we aren't used to affecting, so it can put one ill at ease when it is manipulated. Unfortunately..." - here, her mood turns noticeably darker as she recalls what happened to her pride, mate, and cubs not too far in the past - "...some beings use it for evil and dark purposes, and those of us blessed with the ability to control time and space come in and clean up the shattered pieces of what's left behind in their wake."

Her eyes briefly mist up before she closes them and looks down for a moment, suppressing the waves of grief and anger that momentarily wash over her as the images flood back.

"But, that's being pursued right now, as a matter of fact," she says, a renewed determination flashing in her eyes.

Speaking of... I need to get the device looked at as well... perhaps when I return from seeing Jackson, Ecks or Selenidaria could have a look at it and enlighten me as to how it functions? she ponders as she looks at the pair thoughtfully.

"I'm going over to the Collegiate Arcane to see a friend. See you guys in a while?" she says. "Oh, I almost forgot. Shall we look into getting a custom radio earbud made so I can communicate with you guys who wear armored suits and so on? Might come in handy," she says, remembering their communication difficulties from the fight with the Sorceress.

If no one asks her to stick around for some pressing need, Naliyah will then head to the Collegiate Arcane in the Mystic Quarter.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Ecks » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:00 am

"What about Max, or is he chopped liver?"

"Max? We brought him onboard before we left for the alternate world. So he was explicitly included. With regards to Naliyah and Quinn, as they came in mid job, I think even they would appreciate me taking everyone's feelings into consideration when renegotiating their cut. I trust everyone's character enough to treat everyone properly, but I can't, not ask if that makes sense." Ecks says, matter-of-factly.

When Sel mentions food he replies,

"As far as food, I could do a tavern if you want. If everyone is good with that, we can set out then."

Naliyah asks what an XO is. He replies with a wry smile. "An executive officer. Basically the next person in line whose responsibility it is to make bad decisions if I am unable to make said bad decisions first. Right now that's somewhat of a formality as I tend to run this ship close to chaos most of the time."

That does bring up the issue in his mind. Once there is a few moments he finds Brianna and asks her about interest in being their Executive Officer. "Hey Brianna, I'm not one much for formality, but it'd be good to have someone step into Drake's spot as XO. Would you be interested? I can't think of anyone better. If not, I understand but I like starting at the top."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 11 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 13

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 9/18 (x1)

On the way back to Merctown, Brianna will continue training on driving Morning Glory, glad to be able to train at a less stressful time, hoping she'll have a better time getting the hang of it.

Sel wrote:One night about a week into their trip, Sel will approach Bri and ask her "Can I ask you some questions about Ecks? Back there with Isis, was that normal for him? And with Speakman, offering to comfort his girlfriend in the event of his death? I'm just trying to figure him out, because he doesn't act like that at all towards you, Mink, or myself, but I haven't really seen him interact with other females. Well I guess there was that group of heroes when we went back in time, but..." she trailed off for a minute, shaking her head and letting out an exasperated sigh as she searches for the right words to form the question in her. "Does he treat us differently because we work with him, or did he act like that due to stress is what I am really wondering."

Brianna nods, ”I don't know – I think the stuff he was saying to Speakman, that was.. guy stuff? I had friends back home who had the same kind of sense of humour that Ecks does. They'd say stuff like that to each other all the time, but if any one of them was having a problem, they always had each others back.” Brianna continues, ”It could be he doesn't do that with us because he does work with us.” Brianna shrugs, ”It doesn't usually bother me except when he's inadvertently insulting a goddess.”

Brianna is really glad when they pull up to the AAPS HQ garage and sighs happily. ”Home sweet home.” A wistful smile appears briefly on Brianna's face. Well, as close to a home as possible. When a couple of AAPS members mention getting cleaned up, she nods ”I think I'll do the same.” Brianna takes her things to her room and lays Maia on Mesi on her bed and has a nice hot shower, taking care to deep clean and condition her hair. Getting out of the shower, Brianna changes into a pair of black jeans and a blue t-shirt and joins the others in the kitching, getting herself a bottle of water to drink.

Ecks wrote:Well, we've got 10 mil on this card. 1 million will go into our company account. The rest will split between the crew here. I think considering their considerable contributions, Quinn and Naliyah should share in our payday. Anyone opposed?" he asks specifically to the AAPS members.

Brianna nods her agreement. ”I have no problem with that at all. I think they more than earned a share. For instance, Naliyah 's cosmic armour spell really came in handy. I think we would have had a much harder time with things without that.” A grin appears on Bri's face. ”And I got to fly! That was awesome!”

Victor wrote:Victor doesn't take long thinking on this, "You mean Doc and the big cat? Yeah, I think they deserve a share, they both pulled their weight I'd say. Am....am I the only one who finds it kind of odd talking to an oversized house cat? Max is one thing, he walks upright, has 2 hands and so on. I'm not judging her or anything...just wondering if anyone else finds it....weird?"

Brianna shakes her head, ”I don't find it too weird.” Brianna shrugs, ”When I was back in Vegas, I met a tiger who talked to me telepathically. It was pretty awesome. He was a nice tiger who used to sleep at the foot of my bed.” Brianna takes a sip of water as she thinks I hope he made out ok.

Brianna's a bit confused when the blond woman comes into the kitchen and is about to ask if she's lost when the others seems to realize it's Naliyah. She smirks a bit at lioness comment, but doesn't dispute it. Not knowing much about magic, Brianna mostly stays quiet when Nali explains her abilities and then Victor and Ecks talk about their skills. Will would probably understand this magic stuff. Brianna thinks to herself.

Ecks wrote:Once there is a few moments he finds Brianna and asks her about interest in being their Executive Officer. "Hey Brianna, I'm not one much for formality, but it'd be good to have someone step into Drake's spot as XO. Would you be interested? I can't think of anyone better. If not, I understand but I like starting at the top."

Brianna looks a bit surprised by this and then a bit nervous. She jokes, ”I'm good at making bad decisions!” After a minute, she says, ”Seriously though, I'd be honoured. I'll do my best.” A grins appears as she adds, ”Just don't go anywhere or this whole team is in big trouble!

Naliyah wrote:"Oh, I almost forgot. Shall we look into getting a custom radio earbud made so I can communicate with you guys who wear armored suits and so on? Might come in handy," she says, remembering their communication difficulties from the fight with the Sorceress.

Brianna nods, ”I'm sure Ecks can come up with something to help you with the next mission.

When the talk turns to food, Brianna starts to agree with ordering pizza, but she shrugs. ”I guess we can go out, if everyone else wants to.” If everyone agrees to head to the Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern, Brianna heads upstairs and grabs a sweater in case she needs it, also making sure she has credits to pay for drinks.

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:30 pm

Ecks wrote:"Max? We brought him onboard before we left for the alternate world. So he was explicitly included. With regards to Naliyah and Quinn, as they came in mid job, I think even they would appreciate me taking everyone's feelings into consideration when renegotiating their cut. I trust everyone's character enough to treat everyone properly, but I can't, not ask if that makes sense." Ecks says, matter-of-factly.

"My memory might be a might bit fuzzy on account of everything we had went through, or you might have had a conversation with him that I may not have caught, but I don't remember you offering Max a formal position in the group. I don't want to upset you by implying that you hadn't if you had, but there is the fact that we had met Max in the middle of Madhaven, introduced to us by the Knights in their compound right before we left for the alternate Earth timeline or whatever it was." Sel replies to Ecks.
Selenidaria

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:08 am

((Rolls carried))

Brianna Accepts Ecks' Proposal!

Ecks is relieved that Brianna is willing to take on the role of Executive Officer. She jokes about needing him around to which he smile. "Well as long as we both are capable of bad decisions... I hate to lower expectations around here." he says "But in all seriousness, glad you accepted. Should the next god decide to annihilate me for insolence, it will be good to have you at the helm." Ecks adds with a grin.

Once again, addressing the group Ecks makes a formal annoumcement. "I've asked Brianna to be our new XO. Fortunately for us all, she agreed. Otherwise I would have asked Victor and no one wants that." he says with a smile just visible at the corners of his mouth. "Speaking of which, anyone here who wishes to.continue on with us, you are all welcome to stay on. Believe it or not we do have a few benefits, including medical, ammo, room and board as well as some others. Just need you to sign a couple papers and we will get you registered with Merctown."

Sel's Doubts

"Yeah, no worries. It wasn't much of an option. Gabriel insisted we take him. I said "welcome aboard". I suppose I should have sprung for cake and ice cream but figured it'd do for the meantime."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Ecks wrote:Sel's Doubts

"Yeah, no worries. It wasn't much of an option. Gabriel insisted we take him. I said "welcome aboard". I suppose I should have sprung for cake and ice cream but figured it'd do for the meantime."

"Gabriel insisted that we take Max with us for the mission to the past, or just in general?" Sel questioned Ecks. Sel has a brief moment of insight as she says "Wait a second, we were just talking about who gets a share of the reward money that the Knights gave us and not membership in the company in general, weren't we? Looks like I couldn't see the gear for the teeth just then."
Selenidaria

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:35 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Naliyah wrote:The Shing laughs. "It's not so bad, once you get used to it. And, that time traveling magic sent the black gem away from the battle - in this case, permanently - so it's probably good that we had it. The Goddess said it could have made things a lot more difficult for us if it had stuck around," she says, her attitude turning more serious.

Victor reclines on the sofa, gulping down some water before he replies, "Well, so long as there aren't anymore gods or demons trying to severally trash the universe I might try it again. But don't hold your breathe on it...".

Ecks wrote:Brianna Accepts Ecks' Proposal!

Ecks is relieved that Brianna is willing to take on the role of Executive Officer. She jokes about needing him around to which he smile. "Well as long as we both are capable of bad decisions... I hate to lower expectations around here." he says "But in all seriousness, glad you accepted. Should the next god decide to annihilate me for insolence, it will be good to have you at the helm." Ecks adds with a grin.

Once again, addressing the group Ecks makes a formal annoumcement. "I've asked Brianna to be our new XO. Fortunately for us all, she agreed. Otherwise I would have asked Victor and no one wants that." he says with a smile just visible at the corners of his mouth. "Speaking of which, anyone here who wishes to.continue on with us, you are all welcome to stay on. Believe it or not we do have a few benefits, including medical, ammo, room and board as well as some others. Just need you to sign a couple papers and we will get you registered with Merctown."

Victor sits up grinning, and raises his bottled water, "Congrats on the promotion!", he offers Brianna, ignoring Ecks comment. Leaning back he thinks about the idea of going out for food that was brought up, "Going out for eats doesn't sound like a bad idea. What's this Spincks place somebody mentioned? And what do they serve? I need a steak...a big ass steak.", he finishes off his water and sits up, groaning a bit, "And can we take the Sled to get there? I really don't want to walk right now.".

In response to the ongoing debate of splitting the money, Victor chimes in with, "Look, why don't we keep that part simple. Anyone who is here right now and took place in that battle with the mage-lady and the fire demon gets an equal share. As for who works for who...let 'em decide to join us over food. We can answer all their questions then. Da?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Underguard » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:00 am

Speakman guys the operator a narrow eye; "To think I was writing your eulogy not an hour ago; careful you don't crash on your way home. Would absolutely hate to see that be your end after such a trip, Mindy would understand." He returns the sarcasm as Ecks and the crew leave.

[Back at Headquarters]

Anna approaches Ecks as the crew pulls into the Hanger, one vehicle at a time, with her hands on her hips. "Not yet, though I should kill you; the state of this place was a mess." She states with a half-smile, holding up her hand before adding, "Don't worry, the boys and I cleaned it up." And true to her word, the Hanger is immaculate. Though, that changes almost immediately as all of the scuffed and dirt tredding vehicles make their way in. Anna directs all the vehicles to proper parking locations.

As Victor and Ecks converse briefly about ordering in, Anna nods and shouts to Logan, one of her crew-mates Ecks remembers. "Order up some pizza!" She shouts and Logan grumbles from one of the catwalks above but pulls out a phone and does so. By the time Victor, Ecks and Brianna return from their showers, Logan is walking in with six boxes of pizza.

Naliyah finds an unoccupied shower and returns as beautiful, near-model like human female as Victor and Ecks are talking about dolling out money. Victor feeling somewhat smitten by Naliyah's presence and her revelation of the fact her human form, and the lioness are the same being. Anna glances at the lady-shing and rolls her eyes as Logan almost drops the pizza. Naliyah is able to get the feel of her new-formed body relatively well and as she gets the feel for it, she introduces her specialty-magic. Victor and Ecks continue to converse with her. Sel joins in the conversation, though is overruled with the order of Pizza.

Amid eating pizza, the crew discusses going out and getting real food as Naliyah takes her leave and heads to the Collegiate. It's then that Sel makes the connection she might want to head that way to fully decipher what Isis meant, and what it could mean. Naliyah's friend may be a good place to start.

Ecks then unofficially offers Brianna Executive Officer, which she accepts, prompting a mild clap from Anna. As Ecks makes the sly comment towards Victor, then answering Sel's remark on Max being a member of the team as well. Pizza keeps cold well enough should the crew actually decide on a spot to eat. Victor makes a sound suggestion over while taking a bite of pizza, pizza doesn't really fill you up after a trip through time though. Max as been relaitvely quiet since returning, and Quinn seems to have retired to a room with a bottle of alcohol. Mink meanwhile is still admiring her gift.

Anna approaches Brianna in a leiu of conversation with a letter. "This was delivered shortly after you left." (See PM)

What're you doing?
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Mink » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:46 am

Perception: 68%/1d100 = 94
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 95

Mink allows the Knights and Doctor Quinn to examine her after she peels herself out of her suit in the Gardens in Madhaven. Her hands are covered in sores and blood, with what look like contact burns starting on the inside of her hands. They match exactly minor scoring on the outside of her suit's hands - despite the distance of abiout four to six inches between the two. Quinn also notes the blood loss Mink has suffered, which has welled into her gloves. Nothing life threatening, or needing a transfusion, but definitely in need of food and juice to build it back up.

Once her hands are bandaged and treated, any technological, psychic, or magical healing applied, Mink gets everything loaded back up, including attaching her new scythe to her armor in place of the one that comes with it. She takes some time to do some basic cleaning (washing out her gloves, washing out the interior of the suit from the sweat, etc). She then mounts back into her suit, and loads into the Sled with the others, giving a thumbs up to the Larmac pilot as she straps into one of the gunner's positions.

-----------------------------

As the trip ends and the vehicles all park in the group's base, Mink gets out and stores her Power Armor where she is told. She then heads directly for whatever room she's told to use and locks herself in with her other gear. She takes an extra long shower, and then lies on the bed, naked and stripped of all disguise and pretense. There she meditates on what has happened and thinks on how to proceed. Establishing a cover identity the group knows about will be tricky. It will require some very carefully curated truths. She must tell them of her mission, but not why or how it came to her. While she must never reveal her military posting, the details of the destruction wrought by the villains she was chasing could be shared and possibly get the help of the group.

And so she comes out, dressed in jeans and an AAPS t-shirt she found laying around, while her Stalker Armor is being washed. She has reapplied the basics of her Mink identity, but going for a less made up look. A large part of Mink is a change in how she walks and talks, rather than makeup: a casual swagger instead of her normal precision, the Upper Peninsula manner of talking, etc. Her Coalition Identity is more about changing her actual look. Which reminds her she must do a dead drop for her CS contact in town.

She comes out to Bri being formally asked to take the position she'd been acting in for a while and she smiles. "Congratulations Briana, and glad its formalized. He's been treating you like a second in command for some time." At the mention of going out, Mink lights up. "Oh yeah, that sounds fun. I want to do some shopping too, after food. I'm pretty sure the Doc will say I need some medium rare steak to build back up after my injuries. If not, I will!" Even now she was wearing gloves, largely to cover the bandages below them. She managed to make the combination of gloves, t-shirt, jeans and boots look good, not out of place. At the mention of joining up formally, Mink responds "I'll take you up on that offer Ecks."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 93

Ecks smiles at Anna, glad to be home. She continues,
"Not yet, though I should kill you; the state of this place was a mess." She states with a half-smile, holding up her hand before adding, "Don't worry, the boys and I cleaned it up."

"Don't worry, the boys and I cleaned it up."

"Don't worry, the boys and I cleaned it up."

The words echo in his mind, even requiring him to replay her words in his head. Alright... alright. Be chill. Stay cool. His eyes casually flick from side to side, scanning work benches. Ecks' mind instantly populates a list of items that were strategically stored in the shop like a squirrel taking stock of its nuts.

His smile widens. "Yes! It looks great."

He continues on with his shower and returns more calm. While he is in the office chair, talking to Sel he nonchalantly opens doors and slides out drawers surreptitiously while continuing his discussion with the elf. Lists of items and their locations reconnect in his mind. His organizational method could best be described as biographical. Tools and drawings gathered together where certain jobs were performed at a certain time. He reconnects those dots mentally, putting the puzzle back together with the new information.

With most of the cabinets and drawers casually checked over the next little while, his mind seems to whir back to an idle, crisis resolved.

After some much deserved pizza, the discussion turns to dinner plans. "So the Sphinx and Unicorn? Sounds good to me. I need to swing by the Mystic Quarter and then I'll be there. What does everyone think? Say meet there at 19:00? Mick you're invited of course. Anna, interested in dinner?" he says with an easy smile. "I've got a couple stops first, if you want to go with me."

If Anna goes along, Ecks fires up the NG-480 hoverbike. "I keep meaning to get a regular motorcycle. Never remember though until I realize I don't have one anymore." he says to Anna. "Ride with me or grab one yourself. It is a bit of a cozy ride on these." And with that he is off to the city proper. If she doesn't, he still takes to the hoverbike, but without the banter.

Payout!
Ecks stops by the Merctown bank to take care of business.

Handing the card to the tellers, he wants the card split up.
    1 million into the AAPS account.
    1.125 million into 8 separate, secured cards.
    The remaining 1.125 million he wants transferred to his account at the NGMI bank.

Swinging back by the AAPS Hangar, he distributes the cards to the team who rescued a god.

>>To Armstrong-Bennett
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 91

As he continues to munch on pizza, Victor sorts through the overwhelming amount of gear he has managed to accumulate. He ends up promising a Medium Force Field to Mink...once it's uninstalled from a suit of armor that is. His Blue Boy PA and NG-WJ10 Speedpack go to Ecks in the end. Once that's out of the way he pulls out a notepad and as he walks circles around his Prophet he begins to scribble notes somewhat manically. He stops here and there to look over several of the newer weapons that he has unpacked from several crates nearby. The grin spreading across his face is a bit disconcerting to those observing his behavior. Soon enough he finishes up, shoving the notepad in his pocket and grabbing another slice of pizza along with another bottle of water.

About then Ecks is handing out the groups paychecks, so to speak. "Awesome! So, we're all meeting at this Spinks and Corn place in the Quarter right? I'm headed over to Golden Age to look at some wheels and then over to N-G. Anyone want to join me?". Victor waits around for anyone else wanting to join him or if someone has another announcement to make. While waiting, suits up in his new body armor and straps on his TX-6 over it. Moving around some, Victor works at getting used to the new suit.

Victor heads outside and comes right back in, snagging his Wilk's radio, "Almost forgot this...".

GAW Dealership: Dockside
Last edited by Victor Singer on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 74/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 60/1d20 = 19
Current Effects, Other:

Ecks wrote:After some much deserved pizza, the discussion turns to dinner plans. "So the Sphinx and Unicorn? Sounds good to me. I need to swing by the Mystic Quarter and then I'll be there. What does everyone think? Say meet there at 19:00? Mick you're invited of course. Anna, interested in dinner?" he says with an easy smile. "I've got a couple stops first, if you want to go with me."

Victor Singer wrote:About then Ecks is handing out the groups paychecks, so to speak. "Awesome! So, we're all meeting at this Spinks and Corn place in the Quarter right? I'm headed over to Golden Age to look at some wheels and then over to N-G. Anyone want to join me?". Victor waits around for anyone else wanting to join him or if someone has another announcement to make. While waiting, suits up in his new body armor and straps on his TX-6 over it. Moving around some, Victor works at getting used to the new suit.

"The Sphinx and Unicorn," Sel beings, emphasizing the proper pronunciation of the name of the establishment while looking at Victor, "is in Mystic Quarter." she finishes, looking to Ecks this time as she emphasizes it's location. "19:00 hours is... 7 pm, correct? If so, then that sounds good. If you're going to the bank, I'd like to go with you so I can open an account and have the money stored immediately."
Selenidaria

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:04 pm

((rolls carried))

Before Ecks left the first time..

Ecks is glad to have Minkowski agree to dinner. It'd be nice to get to know her outside of combat. She's an odd woman of few words.

Victor's mention of Norther Gun peaks his interest. I've got a few stops to make. I'll try to catch you there. If not maybe we can hit it up in the next few days." he says, always happy to walk the Guns' showroom. And maybe seen if the video of him scaling Merctown's wall in Morning Glory is still in their video loop. But, he is focused on making it to Armstrong-Bennett's before the day is out.

Sel mentions the bank and he nods. "Yep, no a problem. Anyone is welcome, especially if you've not been to Merctown before." he says, suddenly realizing several of their squad is new.

"Yeah, Merctown has a few rules. They'll shake you down at the gate, but no worries. No longarms, power armor or the like. They'll give you a map too, if you aren't familiar."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Mink » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:17 am

(Rolls held)

"Well, that's not completely true. Power Armor with no built in weapons or with weapons control chips removed is fine. I actually walked into town with my power armor. But I was watched closer and had to go through extra paperwork. Better to be without. Just wasn't an option for me at the time. I had to drop off a bounty. Until I got done at Northern Gun, it had no built in weapons though. But I've got to scrub the funk out of her right now. Hey, Sel, I wanted to ask you something." She leads her to the side. In a lower voice she continues, "If I buy a suit of techno-wizard armor, can you add a few features for me? I ask because I need to start looking the part of a warrior of light, and that's a good place to start. Things like adding speed, strength, and a magic force field. And hopefully a battery or maybe a way to hook up a PPE-Clip from Armstrong. I need to be able to look like I have magical power. I can handle the aura side of it, but not actually having magical energy or depleting my psychic reserves."

As Ecks goes to leave, she calls out. "Hey Ecks, mind if I tag along, I need to go to the Mystic Quarter myself."
To Armstrong-Bennet
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:38 pm

(Rolls held)

Mink wrote:"Well, that's not completely true. Power Armor with no built in weapons or with weapons control chips removed is fine. I actually walked into town with my power armor. But I was watched closer and had to go through extra paperwork. Better to be without. Just wasn't an option for me at the time. I had to drop off a bounty. Until I got done at Northern Gun, it had no built in weapons though. But I've got to scrub the funk out of her right now. Hey, Sel, I wanted to ask you something." She leads her to the side. In a lower voice she continues, "If I buy a suit of techno-wizard armor, can you add a few features for me? I ask because I need to start looking the part of a warrior of light, and that's a good place to start. Things like adding speed, strength, and a magic force field. And hopefully a battery or maybe a way to hook up a PPE-Clip from Armstrong. I need to be able to look like I have magical power. I can handle the aura side of it, but not actually having magical energy or depleting my psychic reserves."

"Are you wanting speed, or agility, or both? I already know the spell for increased strength to use, and increased speed is far more common of a spell, but I have heard of a spell to increase agility as well, supposedly to the point of being on par with a Juicer. But I know neither of those spells. However, exactly why are you needing to look the part of a warrior of light? And what would you do if you had to pass some sort of test without garments of your choosing?" Sel innocently inquires, probably louder than what Mink wants. "Either way, I'll start drawing up some ideas while I'm running errands, but I have to know what I will be building them into so I know what to work around. But for now, I'm going with Ecks to the bank so I can open an account."

Heads to MercTown State Bank.
Selenidaria

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:58 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 39

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 9/18 (x1)

Brianna smiles as she replies, ”Thanks for asking me.” She smirks a bit as she adds, ”Don't worry, I'll be here to tell you to shut up the next time you call a goddess a floozy. Which, by the way, is never a compliment.”

Victor sits up grinning, and raises his bottled water, "Congrats on the promotion!", he offers Brianna, ignoring Ecks comment.

She comes out to Bri being formally asked to take the position she'd been acting in for a while and she smiles. "Congratulations Briana, and glad its formalized. He's been treating you like a second in command for some time."

Brianna smiles at Victor and Mink. ”Thanks! I'll try not to mess up too badly and get us all smited by insulting goddesses.” She thinks on Mink's comment and realizes that Mink is right – she had been acting as the XO for awhile, but she just hadn't really thought of it. Brianna is glad to have found a team that has faith and trust in her abilities.

Anna approaches Brianna in a lieu of conversation with a letter. "This was delivered shortly after you left."

Brianna takes the letter with a polite smile. ”Thanks, Anna!” The smile turns into a curious frown as Brianna wonders, Who would have sent me a letter? After all, the majority of the people she knew were in the AAPS base with her. Opening the letter, Brianna's eyes automatically go to the bottom of the letter to read the signature. When she sees who the letter is from, a look of happy surprise appears on her face and she smiles. Will! That's funny. I was just thinking about him! Sitting down in the nearest chair, Brianna reads the letter, the smile never leaving her face. I definitely have to reply to his letter! He probably isn't in town at the moment, but he said he'd get it. Brianna starts to think of a reply to he letter, when she realizes plans are being made around her. Looking up, Brianna nods. ”I should open up an account at the bank as well.” Looking at Mink, Brianna says, ”I like the shopping idea. I could buy some clothes – I need a jacket. Maybe some nicer clothes as well, just for fun. Also I want to stop by a stationary store to get some paper and some envelopes.”

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 43
Perception: 34%

Max has been quiet since returning. He has been asleep. After the return to the present dimension he napped a little. Found his beloved helicopter. Flew home for a seemingly unending flight. At long last he found a bed and fell into a coma like state of hibernation. That was a almost a day ago. Or so it seems. How long have I been asleep. He slips on his only clean clothes and follows his feline senses looking for food and coffee.

Looks like everyones gone. He wanders back to where he left his gear and grabs his helmet and keys the radio
"Is any one still here? Im Hungry."
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 64

The lonely cat searches the kitchen. He finds some food and coffee which he makes quick work of. Aside from having been sleep deprived he had not eaten much in the last couple of days. As he eats, he hears the voices of a few fellow team mates in the hangar. Thats all he needed to set him at ease. when i leave I dont wanna have to lock this place up. I aint even got a key.

But with that he wanders off out the door and into Merctown. He stops just before he makes the door and hollers toward the voices he heard." Hey ya'll! Im goin to church!" He then leaves looking for a taxi.
I wonder if these heathens even have a church in town

Maximillian O'Malley

Return to The Outskirts