M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Sum of All Fears » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:11 pm

M.A.R.S. Compound

Image

Building is secured by a joint venture between the Merchant's Association and the Collegiate Arcane, this security service is among the best money can buy taking full advantage of magical and mundane technologies. Equal to "Tight" in the Mercenary Company Creation Log. Installation Fee & Set-Up Fee: 150,000 (includes permanent magical enhancements) plus Monitoring: 120,000 every three quads.

IRON FIST SYSTEMS
The company uses Ironfist Field Systems for the rooms, repair bay and lab facilities. These are basically cargo containers pre-loaded with gear designed to be dropped in the field to produce bases, mining communities, etc. Each one is 40' x 8' x 9'6". There are 11 containers in total. Residential units are on top of the lab and mechanical units. The upper levels are accessible by the catwalk.

1x Lab Unit
1x Mechanical Unit (for taller vehicles you can work in the garage area but would have a container to store your tools)
1x Medical Unit
8x Residential Unit - two rooms with shared bath, kitchen, and laundry

Lab Unit
Includes basic equipment and tools such as computers, microscopes, spectrometer for chemical analysis, containers for storing specimens, an examination/autopsy table, a couple of lab tables, four desks, shelves, an isolation chamber, quarantine room, and other equipment for a lab. The door can be locked, and has 30 M.D.C.

Mechanical Unit
This unit includes basic robotics and vehicular tools, diagnostic computer, design computer, laser mold making system, a small lift and two heavy welding/bonding systems. It can be used to repair most human sized robots, power armor, and vehicles. The laser mold allows for making custom parts, one at a time. The tools are suitable for larger robots and vehicles but a larger lift is needed.

Medical Unit
One main examination room, two very small examination rooms, one sick room with four beds that fold down from the wall for the seriously ill, and a small doctor’s lab comprise the med-bay. There is medical equipment and capabilities roughly equal to a small clinic, including x-ray machine, EKG, EEG, and so on. Advanced med systems such as a half dozen of each of the following: Bio-Comp Monitors, Compu-Drug Dispensers, IRMSS (Internal Robot Medical Surgeon Systems), IRVT (Internal Robot Visual Tansmitters), RAU (Robot Antiseptic Units), RMK (Robot Medical Kits), RSU (Sedative Units), Palm Bio-Units, Micro Scales, a Portable Bio-Scan, Bio-Lab, Portable Laboratory, one Portable Scan Dihilator, one portable language translator, and a Multi-Optics Helmet are all standard equipment that come stocked in the Iron Fist Systems med-lab. The door can be locked, and has 30 M.D.C.

Residential Unit - 2 Room
Similar to a small two bedroom apartment. Features a small kitchen, sitting area, bathroom and two small bedrooms with room for a bed and small desk. Certainly an upgrade from the cramped barracks-style of most module designs. A little privacy and comfort in the field.
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Tue May 05, 2020 9:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30 | 74%
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 19
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 13 | 1d100 = 77

The shop was silent as Samantha walked into MARS HQ's. Her fighter sat in a corner, with a giant white cloth tarp over it. She smiled at Pieter's tidiness of her fighter. Her thoughts went back to their last conversation, 'Trust me,' he said. 'Your going to love the modifications.' Obviously she did with her life, as they went to desert planet of Inculta, the tech world of Phase World, not to mention the ice world of New Niflheim, but this was her baby and he wanted it to be a surprise.

"Okay Pieter, what did you leave me?" Walking over to the fighter, she pulls the cord that lifts the cloth tarp. A quick walk around the fighter doesn't reveal much. "What do we have here?" Some slight scratches on the engine housing that would not be noticeable for anyone who did not work and own the fighter. Suborbital booster?

Walking toward the nose, she opens a panel and starts to tap a key sequence. The cockpit opens up, the steps come out of the fighter, and she climbs up to the top. Her eyes glance around and notices a note on a new control system.

Note Wrote wrote:Samantha,

This is the control unit for your new whisper system on your Logan. Just one P.P.E Clip, and you should be good to go for quite some time. Just flip the catch, push down, and the clip will eject.

Pieter


"I guess I better get suited up!" she slides down the rail and hit the control panel, which cycles the cockpit closed. She heads off to the locker room to go get her flight suit on.
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Sum of All Fears » Wed May 06, 2020 6:57 am

Time: 0630
Date: June 4, 111 PA

The echoing sound of her footsteps alone brings the realization that no one else is around. The sound is lonely almost haunting in the reverberations. This time of the morning there should be more activity from MARS. Beckett can draw the conclusion that they are currently away on a job. Still everything feels just slightly off. As is the world is collectively holding its breath waiting for...something. Beckett feels a test flight of her new ship modifications should help clear her head.

Just as Beckett makes it to the doors of the locker room a familiar voice calls to her from her left. "Sam? Hey Sam. What are you doing back?" Pieter comes walking down the hall smiling ear to ear at seeing his old friend, immediately any unsettled feelings vanish. "Sam. Great to see you again. Glad you are back, we could use you around here. So Rocky and the others are out right now. You actually just missed him. He popped in for maybe twenty minutes to pick up some supplies. He didn't say anything but he grabbed everything that was made out of silver. So I can only assume they were dealing with some kind of nasty supernatural creatures. Anyway, last count we were at only four active members of MARS so it will be good to have you. I also put out open postings with the job market cafe so we may get some new people before the set of MARS returns." Pieter takes a moment and rubs his temples. "Sorry. For the last few days the Psyonics in the area have been experiencing headaches and blackouts."
Beckett does recall she has been having random headaches for a few days. They had not been bad so she gave them no thought before. Suddenly her uneasiness returns. Not for her self but for her comrades.
"Ah. It's passed now. So your room is still just how you left it. I'm assuming you saw the modifications to your ship? Mighty fine work if I do say so my self. Take it for a spin. I'll keep holding down the fort till you get back. Unless you feel up for some breakfast first?"
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Wed May 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10 | 74%
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 19
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 8 | 1d100 = 45

Where is everyone, she thinks to herself. I know I'm early, but not that early. As she walks closer to the locker room, a slight twinge of pain causes her brow to furrow. A quick rub on the temples, and the slight pain fades, as she continues on to the locker room. Walking in she hears the familiar voice of Pieter, "Hey! I see your done. I was just about to head out for a test flight."

She listens to what Pieter has to say about Rocky and the team. She nods in affirmation with the equipment they took, knowing full well that it was probably justifiable if Rocky requisitioned it. Rocky unlike Pieter may not have been with the company as long as Pieter, but he had been with multiple other groups. His knowledge, talent, and leadership skills have shown through as a very capable member of MARS. It wasn't till Pieter started talking about the Psychics and their headaches that she knew the faint twinge of pain was from. "So that's why I have been having headaches?"

As the uneasiness passes, "Yeah, I did see the modification. Looks like you tucked it under an engine panel. I appreciate you didn't mess with the aerodynamics of my fighter. So whisper mode?" She smiles, "So did you come up with that, or is that a pretty common term?" When he mentions food, her stomach audibly growls. "I think breakfast is a good idea, at least some fresh brewed coffee."

She heads down to the kitchen with Pieter in tow. "So what's going to be up on the menu?" She opens some cupboards and ice box to look at what fresh foods and staples were in the pantry [ Cook: 1d100 = 66 | 70% to find all the ingredients she needs ]. She pulls out some eggs, and vegetables placing them on the counter. Pulling out some pans and start to heat them up. "Beanpole, of all people, got me interested in cooking for myself. When I was hanging out with AAPS, he was there and helped me identify what some of these ingredients were." Samantha holds up something green and leafy and to her tastes a lot like spinach, but was called skallory. "I know, we didn't cook much on New Nfilheim, and you really haven't tasted much of my cooking. But you'll love this cheese and spinach omelette, with fresh fruit" [ Cook: 1d100 = 8 | 70% ]
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Sum of All Fears » Thu May 07, 2020 9:13 am

Time: 0645
Date: 4 June 111 PA

Pieter sits down at the counter while Sam prepares breakfast. "You know cooking is a very good skill to have. I think a lot more people should know how to cook. Unfortunately these days are, many times, too busy to sit down and enjoy a meal you cooked yourself." Pieter takes a deep breath as Sam begins cooking. "Smells wonderful. Honestly never thought of you as the cooking type, but if this mercenary stuff doesn't work out you definitely have an in as a cook."

Pieter talks as they eat, "So there has been a lot of turn around lately. It's been hard keeping people. Hopefully with you back and the people with Rocky now we can change that and turn MARS back into what is used to be." As the meal is nearly finished, "You going to take the bird out for a spin? Test out the new mods?" Peiter collects the dished and begins washing them. He speaks a little louder to compensate for the running water, "Oh just make sure to get clearnce from MT tower before you take off. They have gotten strict about the airspace lately."
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Thu May 07, 2020 9:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90 | 74%
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 10
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 3 | 1d100 = 36

"Thank you," she responds to Pieter's compliment about her cooking. "I have no intention going into business as a chef or even as a side gig. Back in the Army," she stops for a moment and quickly counts in her head. "Wow, it's been two years since I have entered MercTown. I cooked for sustenance, and even went to the commissary on base when I didn't want to cook. Here, it's more of a necessity, and in doing so, I have come to have a practical enjoyment with it. It's almost like building a machine, you can put your creative touches in there every step of the way."

As she starts eating her omelette, the conversation turns to business. "New blood will definitely be useful. Are you going to put your spurs on as well and join?" She smiles at her friend as she chews. "One thing I have found not having Thoar and you on a mission, we need to have a heavy hitting magic user." She takes a sip of the fresh juice she had made for Breakfast, "And for the life of me, I still don't know how you are able to mix your magic and machinery. It looks like I should be able to follow the process and make it work. But the actual parts that make it work is like building a laser rifle with pinball machinery parts."

As they finish their breakfast the conversation shifts back to the fun part for the two of them, mechanics and machinery. "Yes, we should take her up, your more than welcome to sit in the second seat. By the way, did Alfred pester you about what you were doing?" Alfred was the robotic assistant built into her fighter.



Not too long later, Samantha waves to Pieter on the ground. The fighter's engines coming to life, and vectored thrust push down on the ground as the aircraft lifts up on a cushion of air. Well, she's handling well so far. As the fighter gets enough air, her hand goes to the control and shifts the fighter into its robot configuration. The legs quickly point down and take over the thrust while the arms come around. "Pieter," she comms over. "I'm going to start the whisper mode, give me a thumbs up if it does what it's supposed to do." Her hand goes to the toggle, flips the protective switch and toggles the whisper mode to on.

A surge of energy courses through the valkyrie until all sound coming from the engines goes quiet. The noise, or lack of it, was even noticeable within the cockpit. Impressive... Giving Pieter a thumbs up, she moves the Valkyrie out of the hangar and then radio's over to the MercTown air traffic controller. "MercTown Air, this is MARS Recon Two, requesting permission to enter MercTown airspace from the outskirts. Taking a quick test flight, and will return back to the Outskirts. Sending authorization codes now." Samantha taps a button one of her screens, and the preset authorization codes given to MARS for accessing MercTown airspace as a mercenary unit.

As soon as she gets clearance, the valkyrie rises up off the ground, and she transforms back into a jet. The nose pointing straight up and she hits the throttle for nearly a full burn. The nimble crafts exhaust, and plumes, quiet as all can be. As she gains altitude, she levels off at five thousand feet. She deactivates the whisper mode and notes the charge left. "Well that used quite a bit, I'll have to let Pieter know." Activating it again, she pushes the throttle forward, the tiny aircraft flies around MercTown at mach one speeds, but without the sound. "That is nice..."

Deactivating the whisper mode one more time, she radios back to MercTown, "MercTown Air, this is MARS Recon Two, ready to return back to the Outskirts." She transmits her credentials again, waiting upon confirmation before going back to MARS headquarters.
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Sum of All Fears » Fri May 08, 2020 5:15 pm

Time: 0730
Date: 4 June 111 PA

Pieter chuckles at Sam's description of cooking. "I am sorry to disappoint but someone needs to look after things while everyone else gallivants around. Besides I get to hear the tales when they all return."

Pieter keeps the conversation flowing. Sam feels as if it has been a while since anyone actually sat and talked with Pieter. "Well the things that go into techno-wizardry is 'Magic' so it doesn't have to make sense as long as it works. That being said it does follow it's own rules."

When Alfred is mentioned Pieter laughs, "No trouble...well, not really. He kept after me about you. Wondering where you were and why I was making modifications to perfection. In his words I could, "Only hamper this already perfect creation." Pieter declines the ride.

Pieter gives a thumbs up as Sam starts the Whisper mode and all engine noise ceases. So abrupt is the cessation of noise Sam, for the briefest of moments, worries something is wrong. A quick check of her displays indicates all systems are functioning correctly. As the Valkyrie moves out of the hanger Sam can hear the small hydraulics moving in the wheels, the clicks of electronic connections snapping on and off, Her radio sounds impossibly loud compared to the lack of engine noise. "MARS Recon Two, MercTown Air. Permission granted. Please observe all no fly zones. ROZ information has been sent to your HUD. Safe flying." Sam's HUD shows the off limit areas overlaying her vision with translucent red boundary lines. As Sam is slammed back into her seat at full acceleration. She can here the servos moving her ailerons, flaps and other flight control surfaces. The engin noise washes back over Sam like a warm blanket. She is intimately familiar with the sound. Her ship, she knows every part of it. While the quiet was nice it did keep her from feeling every aspect of her craft. She can now hear a slight warble from the engine. Likely from it's lack of use for an extended period of time and it should work it's way back to normal with regular use. She notes the charge is at about half. Looks like it can run for approximately 10 minutes before needing a new charge. Kicking the system back on Sam accelerates to Mach 1. Just as she becomes used to the quiet...BOOM...Sam cracks the sound barrier. A though pops into her head, while the engine is silenced the sonic boom is created by the whole air-frame not just the engine.

MT air is quick on the response, "MARS Recon Two, MercTown Air. Landing clearance granted, welcome home."

Sam makes her landing back at the MARS HQ. Pieter is there waiting for her.
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Fri May 08, 2020 8:17 pm

Percep: 65% = 1d100 = 29
JIC: 1d100 = 13 1d20 = 18

Twonjym pulls up to the MARS Compound and climbs out of the hover car. He looks over the setup for a second, then makes his way over to the gate and mashes the call button with the tip of a clawed finger.

Taking a step back Jym waits for a reply, or someone to come up to the gate or something. He straightens his vest and looks does at his toes for a second to see if they're clean enough. Then he nods and continues looking about the compound with an appraising eye, this is just as much and interview for them as it is for me.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Sat May 09, 2020 4:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 9 | 74%
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 15
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 16 | 1d100 = 34

The fighter slows down, and her VTOL thrusters kick in, settling the fighter down easily on the landing gear. The canopy pops open, and Samantha comes out of the fighter. Her hand comes up to her faceplate and pulls it open, making it a sun visor. "I will say, it's a bit creepy not having the sounds your used to." Her smile was contagious. "I'm sure you heard me breaking the sound barrier, I wasn't sure if your device was going to affect that at all. All in all Pieter, great job!"

As they chit chat, talking about the technology Pieter used and the technology of the fighter. Samantha rolls the fighter into the hangar for storage. As they put the tarp over the fighter, "I have been thinking about rebuilding that UAR-1 that Daphne had. What's your thoughts about letting me make that into a new work project?" Coming around the side, she waits for Pieter to reply when a loud buzzer is heard. "Looks like there is some company?"

Walking over to a security screen and call center, "Do you know him Pieter? Could it be one of the Mercs you put out a request for?"

She hits the button to speak through the security system, "MercTown Armored Recon Services, how may we help you?"
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Sat May 09, 2020 5:57 pm

Percep: 65% = 1d100 = 35
JIC: 1d100 = 9 1d20 = 10


Twonjym's eyes flicker about looking for a camera so the can look into it but decides to just face the call box, "I sound like a rook, but I saw your ad scroll by at the Job Market Cafe and thought I'd come by and offer up my service. Ya'see, I was a sheriff out west for near forty years." He stops there, not willing to give his entire resume while he's standing on the street and waits for a reply. He pulls his knit cap off and tucks it into the pocket.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Sat May 09, 2020 9:35 pm

((rolls carried over))

Samantha looks at Pieter, "See the mess you got us into? Go get yourself all pretty, and I'll bring our guest in."

Turning back to the monitor, she communicates back to Twonjym, "Someone will be there shortly."

An armored woman walks out of the building straight for Twonjym. Her helmet is unusual with fins to the side and a crest across the top. The armor plating, has a weird sheen to it, but on the right shoulder is a red circle with a helmet that kind of resembles the one she is wearing. If there is a keen eye, a sidearm strapped to her side of an unusual make. "Hi Sheriff, welcome to MARS. If you don't mind handing over any weapons for safety purposes, I'll walk you into meet Bossman." Beckett uses Pieter’s callsign.

Her head tilts ever so slightly, as Samantha eyes the giant alien a bit more closely. Her mind racing trying to identify his species. I wonder if he's related to a blucie somewhere in his genetic makeup. Sam, don't be daff. Not everything is inter related. She waits for Twonjym to reply with her request, realizing that it is probably something nobody in MercTown would ever relieve themselves of a weapon. "You will be safe in my charge, and your weapons will be given back to you promptly as you leave the facility." She tries to say in a persuasive and trusting voice. Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 7 | 30% Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 11 | 40%

As soon as Twonjym relieves himself of his weapons, Samantha leads him inside to meet Pieter.
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Sun May 10, 2020 11:23 am

(rolls held)

Twonjym smiles and nods. Rather than drawing the vibro-sword at his waist so he can hand it over, he simply unhooks his utility belt and passes the weapon over with it. "All I got on me right now is my toothpick." He jerks a thumb back towards the gate, "Guards took my rifle when I came into town. Did feel like checking it back out only to check it back in. Other than those, its just me."

Jym glances over the woman in the unusual armor, thinking how the helmet fins aren't the best design feature. Someone could use those to crack her neck sideways. Then he says, "And, if you ain't familiar, my kind are a pretty tough lot." He gives the human woman another toothy grin and shrugs a bit, as if saying its her choice if she wants to proceed.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Hazel Meade » Sun May 10, 2020 12:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12% (35% base, +15% on rolls involving electronics, machines, or their combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 26

Hazel pulls her Wolftrack up outside the compound, heads up to the large garage door and knocks on the side of the door frame loudly before raising her voice, "Hello?", she hollers in American with a definite German accent. She waits for someone to answer her or come to the door.
User avatar
Hazel Meade
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Sun May 10, 2020 7:01 pm

(( rolls carried over ))

Samantha, takes the weapons that Twonjym hands over. "Thank you, you'll get these back when you leave. The Defenders didn't take mine when I first came in, there was a demon horde on my tail at the time." She smiles at the comment, but it is completely oblivious to the fact that nobody can see her face behind the face shield.

As she is talking to Twonjym, the giant Wolftrack rolls up and a woman yells hello, "Is she with you, Sheriff?" Samantha tosses the belt over her shoulder.

With either answer from Twonjym, Beckett uses her built in loudspeaker, "Over here." When Hazel makes it up to Twonjym and Samantha, she speaks in a normal voice, "Please state you business."
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Hazel Meade » Sun May 10, 2020 7:39 pm

((Rolls carried))

Still in full armor, Hazel meekly moves closer and speaks in halting American, "Um, yes. I'm name is Hazel Meade. Mister Kraus of the Triax sent me and said mercenary. You mercenary look for work, yes?". It should be very clear that American is not her native tongue between her poor grammar and a heavy German accent. She hesitates before going on, "I can reparatur...fix you maschinen. How you say? Vee-hick-uls?", and she gestures towards the various vehicles and such parked in the garage.
User avatar
Hazel Meade
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Sun May 10, 2020 8:10 pm

(( rolls carried over ))

Samantha listens to the newcomer, "Excellent, we can always use another wrench monkey." Samantha looks over Hazel to see if there are any visible weapons, and decides to act on an abundance of caution and not to descriminate. "If you have any weapons, please hand them over. Then I'll bring you and the Sheriff here to see the Bossman for work."

As soon as Hazel complies, she walks the two new mercenary recruits to go see Pieter in the conference room. "Just give me a second," Becket checks the weapons she collected and placed them into a locker. "Now, off to see the Bossman." Ushering the two recruits, Samantha address Pieter and the two recruits for an introduction, "Bossman, this is the Sheriff and Hazel. Sheriff and Hazel, this is Bossman. He's the one that put out the notice."
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Sun May 10, 2020 9:23 pm

[Rolls held over]

Beckett wrote:...The Defenders didn't take mine when I first came in, there was a demon horde on my tail at the time...


Twonjym grins at Beckett, "Now that's gotta be a hell of a story." He chuckles a bit, "I can't imagine what that musta looked like to them old boys man'in the Gate. Gotta guess most of'um wished they wore their brown pants when they saw what you were dragging in."

Beckett wrote:"Is she with you, Sheriff?"


Twonjym gives his head a little shake, "Nope, she didn't ride in with me. Looks like she rides in style though. That's a mighty fine look'n rig." He gives a little nod puts a couple fingers to his forehead, as if he were tipping and invisible hat to the newly introduced woman. Mechanics are always good to have on a team and if they can fight too, even better.

Beckett wrote:"Bossman, this is the Sheriff and Hazel. Sheriff and Hazel, this is Bossman. He's the one that put out the notice."


Twonjym looks a little abashed after he's introduced to Pieter simply as Sheriff, What are you man? Some ignorant cowpoke? You know better. With that thought he extends a massive hand and says, "I'm Twonjym Miklar by name. Its good to meet ya."
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Sum of All Fears » Mon May 11, 2020 7:22 am

Time: 0745
Date: 4 June 111 PA

Beckett wrote:
Samantha looks at Pieter, "See the mess you got us into? Go get yourself all pretty, and I'll bring our guest in."


Pieter gives a crooked smile, "New blood helps keep us competitive. Besides I was having to turn down jobs due to lack of personnel. And I'm always pretty." Pieter gives a wink and goes to change into more business like clothes.

Beckett wrote:
As soon as Hazel complies, she walks the two new mercenary recruits to go see Pieter in the conference room. "Just give me a second," Becket checks the weapons she collected and placed them into a locker. "Now, off to see the Bossman." Ushering the two recruits, Samantha address Pieter and the two recruits for an introduction, "Bossman, this is the Sheriff and Hazel. Sheriff and Hazel, this is Bossman. He's the one that put out the notice."


Twonjym wrote:Twonjym looks a little abashed after he's introduced to Pieter simply as Sheriff, What are you man? Some ignorant cowpoke? You know better. With that thought he extends a massive hand and says, "I'm Twonjym Miklar by name. Its good to meet ya."


Pieter stands before the trio clad in a grey business suit with a dark blue colored shirt. He greats each of the new hires personally with a hand shake. "Pleasure to meet you Twonjym. Please have a seat. Hazel, a pleasure. please take a seat." Pieter walks back to the other side of the conference room table and sits across from both Jym and Hazel. Peiter places his elbows on the table and steeples his fingers. "So I will give you a brief overview of MARS and then we can talk about you and your individual qualifications. MARS is a mercenary outfit that is self funded, meaning there is no big benefactor that controls us. This means we are free to take and refuse jobs on our terms. That also means that we do need money to keep the lights on. We pay are own bills. Most jobs are focused on recon, infiltration, and when things get heavy, armored combat. Jobs are filtered by myself and passed on to the current leader of the active element of the group. The group leader is elected by a group member majority vote. Currently the groups leader is Rocky. He and the rest of the active MARS members are currently on an active assignment, You'll have a chance to meet then when they return. When jobs are completed shares are evenly split between the members with a portion going to the groups funds to help keep group projects running. I am a Techno-Wizard and keep active with developing TW items per request. So. Introductions. Please lets go around the room and hear what you have to offer MARS, any questions myself or Sam here can answer for you, and what do you expect from MARS." Pieter folds his hands into his lap as he sits back in his chair.

What are your intentions?
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Mon May 11, 2020 7:35 pm

Percep: 65% = 1d100 = 83
JIC: 1d100 = 83 1d20 = 18

When offered a seat, Twonjym glances around for one that will bear his weight and slips into it. After Paiter has his say, Jym speaks up, "I reckon I'll go first." He gives a friendly little grin, "Sheriff'in out west is what I've been do'in for the last few decades but personal ties have changed so I moved on. Kept my burg pretty safe over the years but you can't always plan for everything." He gives a knowing nod as to the mistakes he made over as sheriff. "As for what I bring to the table, I'm a fair enough man tracker. Can handle a good mix of weapons and can do a passable job mending then up and taking care of them. Armor too. Not that I use it all that often. Course that was as Sherriff. I'm imposing enough as is, armor just made folks think I was looking for a fight, so I generally did without. At least around town. Its a good thing I can take a hit pretty well too."

Kinda sounded like how the Klein's talked out on their homestead. I wonder, thinking about the accent the other interviewee showed off earlier, he gives her a look, but says to Peiter in Euro, "I speak a few languages too. Euro, American and some Spanish as well."

With that said, Twonjym concludes his little narration about himself and settles back into the chair, making sure his tail has room to sway a little behind him.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Mon May 11, 2020 8:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50 | 74%
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 8
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 9 | 1d100 = 43

Walking around the table, Samantha takes off her helmet. Her hand goes up to her hair blonde locks, and loosens the helmet hair she has. With the one hand, she places the helmet down onto the table and sits down next to Pieter. She listens to Pieter and then again to Twonjym. He is right, I could understand why folks would be more intimidated with him if he wore armor. I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.

She waits for Hazel to introduce herself before she speaks. "I'm Samantha Beckett, Chairperson of MARS. I have been with the organization for the roughly the past two years. And one of the resident gear heads. It's a fine operation if I do say so myself." Turning her head to Twonjym, "You mentioned that you were a Sheriff in the southwest. What area's would you consider your stomping grounds? Colorado Baronies?"
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Mon May 11, 2020 9:53 pm

[Rolls Held]

Twonjyn looks a little impressed, This woman knows her stuff. Could be she's just seen a map, but still..., "You got the traveling bug Ma'am? I don't think I've run across anyone this side of the Mississippi that's heard of the Baronies." He nods his head in appreciation of her knowledge and in answer to her question, "Yeah, little town called New Lindon in the Barony of Testament. But I'd range out from there a dozen or so times a year on a posse or just to pull down some thug that thought he could run and hide for a while and have me off his trail. I've been out as far west as New Durango a handful of times." He relaxes a bit, trying to have an easy manor with these folks but still keep it professional.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Tue May 12, 2020 6:56 pm

(( rolls carried over ))

Samantha has a thin lipped smile, as both Pieter and herself have deep connections to the south west. Samantha being stationed in Denver and Pieter from the Colorado Baronies directly. "No, I don't believe I have the traveling bug per se'. Oddly enough, MARS has gotten me more out of the motor pool than anything else. In fact MARS just had a mission to the Baronies for the Merchant Guild here in MercTown. Prior to joining MARS, I was part of a military unit stationed out of Denver."

"This is a recon unit, so having a tracker and manhunter is always useful. How do you fare with vehicular weapons?" She leans in slightly to hear the Grackletooth answer her question. Making sure he knows that he is providing her, her undivided attention.
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Tue May 12, 2020 9:57 pm

[Rolls Held]

Twonjym lets a low whistle slip and Beckett details her travels, " That's a good range for a merc squad. I didn't realize anyone was basing out of the Denver ruins. I know Deadwood's out that way though. And you gotta watch out for grigleapers." He gives a little shake of his head as he recalls just what those nasties are capable of.

Getting back to skills, Twonjym answers Beckett's question, "I'm great with hand held big guns, small arms too, but I've never really had the opportunity to man a gunnery post. New Lindon didn't have any big vehicles like that. We had a couple old troop transports that had been converted for one thing or another. Though I reckon I'd take to'em like a duck to water though." He looks Beckett in the eye as he gives his chin whiskers a little tug.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Thu May 14, 2020 12:15 pm

(( rolls carried over ))

As Twonjym starts talking about the Denver ruins, Samantha nods as she remembers her little side trip to see what Denver was like.

Denver Destroyed: The Mile High City wrote:Taking the Logan for a side trip was was a fairly quick jaunt for the Southern Cross soldier. Satellites aren't providing GPS information anymore, I can't believe that old school navigation course is coming into play. The tiny fighter banks a little to the north west to reach the coordinates that used to be Detroit from her own world.

The landscape was beautiful, trees growing into the sky, and everything covered in snow. The fighter slows down, and before it stalls transforms into battloid mode and lands hovers slowly over the area. "Alfred, scan the area for any electronics coming from the area."

"Well Twonjym sounds like you have quite a story to tell, and some skills to back it up." She looks to Pieter for his affirmation for the Grackletooth to join the team or not.

"Now Twonjym, I have a few more questions. Why do you want to work for this company, instead of the other Mercenary groups within MercTown?" Samantha starts off with a similar to a human resources standard interview questions. "Basically what made us stand out to you?"
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Rocky » Thu May 14, 2020 6:36 pm

Rocky Home Coming

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 33
JIC d20: 1d20 = 8 / d100: 1d100 = 62

Rocky returns with his PA hauling a medium trailer with some goods covered in the back he sees some things changed since he was last there a day ago and wonders what is up? “Hello, Anyone here?
If so please identify yourselves. This is Rocky of MARS and I am in no mood to play games.”

Under the blanket:
Rocky will take the loot back to Merctown if some one gives him a lift.
Loot
Rocky
21 E-clips Mars
Whip of Pain
TW Shard Pistol Lahz I’ll take the pistol you have the rifle
TW Jammer Pistol
From Stormspire
MARS Share
C-27 Light Plasma Cannon (1)
NG-P9 Heavy Particle Beam Rifle (1)
Skorblade Short Sword
Skorblade Pole Arm
Skorblade Pole Arm 2
L-20 Pulse Rifle 2
Vibro-Sabre (2)
Stormspire Loot:

TW Animal Repellent (WB26 pg. 96)
TW Lantern Poles
TW Watchguard Poles
Lightning Axe
Lightning Rod 2
Xiticix Spear 2
Lexington Ruins Loot
Skorblade Short Sword

Rocky keys the Mic, "Minerva this is Rocky, at the MARS Compound at the docks. When your Ready to come over I'll be here . it looks like someone else is here ."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Sum of All Fears » Thu May 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Time: 0830
Date: 4 June 111 PA


Rocky:

The normally short trip from the gates to the HQ seems much longer. The past few days settle on Rocky like a lead cloak. His shoulders ache and his mind keep wandering. His mind keeps pondering on how he could have done better. Could he have brought everyone home. The answers will not be easy and he will not have the time to ponder them. As pulls his trailer up to see two unknown vehicles parked outside the MARS compound. Rocky can identify both of the vehicles but has no idea who they might belong to. One is a Wolftrack EPC, the other is NG knock off of a CS command car. As Rocky pulls his trailer into the garage he notices that Sam's plane has been moved from where it used to be resting. Heat waves still distort the air around the engine. Feeling slightly uncomfortable Rocky calls out, “Hello, Anyone here? If so please identify yourselves. This is Rocky of MARS and I am in no mood to play games.” Rocky can see the light on and voices coming from the conference room and he makes his way there. Just before he get there he remembers to radio Minerva, "Minerva this is Rocky, at the MARS Compound at the docks. When your Ready to come over I'll be here . it looks like someone else is here ." Rocky finds four individuals, two he knows, at the conference room table in what appears to be an interview. It appears Sam and Pieter are interviewing a Grackle Tooth and a small human woman.

Sam, Twonjym, Hazel:

Pieter lets Sam take most of the lead on the interview. As they talk the Grackle Tooth Twonjym seems a good fit for the group. While Hazel seems quiet her mechanical skills could be handy for nearly anything in the field. Just as Sam his Jym with "Why did you chose us" question they are interrupted as they hear a voice call out from the garage. “Hello, Anyone here? If so please identify yourselves. This is Rocky of MARS and I am in no mood to play games.” Sam instantly recognizes the voice as Rocky's. There is how ever the distinct lack of any other background noise. There is no chatter that would be associated with a successful mission. No banter between friends coming back from a tough job. Just Rocky.

Everyone hears Rocky make his radio call before he enters the room. Pieter is the first to greet him, "Rocky. Great to see you again. You left in such a hurry before. Let me introduce Twonjym, a Grackle Tooth Sheriff/gunfighter, and Hazel a Psi-Tech. I think she is from Germany. They were interested in joining our group. I know we were a little light on personnel before, so I put out an add for recruits. Why don't you bring in the others and we can see what they say about them." Pieter peaks outside, "Rocky? Where is everyone?"

Ready and....Action!!!!
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Rocky » Thu May 14, 2020 8:05 pm

((Rolls Carry over))

After hearing familiar old voices Rocky is a bit happier, he manages a smile at Sam and the others. Then Pieter brings up the other things. This race through his mind and he takes a deep breath and looks at the two old members,

"They are gone, we fought an ancient one called Nxla. There were several forces from around the area Psyscape, Stormspire, Demower and others, along with Mercs companies Roughnecks and Spook Squad. We lost Daphne, and a bird mage and a Felix, a Flying Tiger fighting a bunch of undead that most could only be harmed with Magic. We lost another couple on the final assault Saul and Zion."


Rocky takes a deep breath before he continued, "We didn't kill it. I don't think anyone can, all we did was force it back into its own dimension and sealed the rift. I was in the grip of the things huge tentacles it crushed my Armor The only thing I could do so that I would not be crushed and dragged away was to pop into my own protected dimension."

"When I came out it was over, only thing that wasn't sucked into the other dimension were a few pieces of Undead still crawling around. Most of the body of our friends were gone. Some of the big city states took a huge lost."

"We lost a lot of equipment, my armor silver, jeep and a brand new Robot, I got our share of the goods out in the trailer. not a good thing at al. the only plus I can see is we help save the world yet again."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Thu May 14, 2020 9:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 2

Samantha gets up and gives Rocky a hug, it had been nearly a year since she had seen him. "Hey, what's going on?" The concern is real in her voice as she listens to her friend explain the struggles. She had known Daphne fairly well, but having her gone was heartbreaking. The tattooed robot jock could maneuver a robot through a hailstorm without getting hit. The others she didn't know very well, or at all, coming into the group after she had left them in the Baronies.

Trying to stay positive and hopefully prevent her friend having survivors guilt, "You did defeat it though, and your here, in the present." Looking at him in the eyes, "Equipment is equipment, they are things that can be replaced. Now you radioed someone to come over. Is that Jennifer?" When Rocky replies to the negative, "You should give her a call, let her know your safe and back in town. When your done, you can come back and listen to the new recruits."

Leaving Rocky to sit back down with Townjym and Hazel was heartbreaking to the soldier. But she knew Pieter needed to debrief Rocky some more, or Rocky needed time to talk to Jennifer. "So where were we?" She addresses Townjym and Hazel.
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Thu May 14, 2020 10:09 pm

Percep: 65% = 1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d100 = 35 1d20 = 17

Twonjym is about to answer when a voice can be heard coming from the other room. He holds his tongue as Rocky comes in a tells a part of his story. shoot fire, if even half of that is true its amazing. sounds like there should be a few people the came back up his story.... and some that can't. Poor bastards but you just don't know when its your time. Can't stop livin though.

Jym stands and offers a hand when he's introduced to Rocky, "My condolences." Frak it'd be so wrong to tell these people its sounds like they need the help. Shut it Jym, don't think drek like that. Any of these folks could be a skull jockey trying to get a read on ya. Be yourself and keep it nice.

Jym looks back to Beckett a little sheepishly. Either because he ashamed at the random comment that zipped through his mind or he just not sure they are ready to continue with the interview.

Beckett wrote:... "So where were we?" She addresses Townjym and Hazel.


Once its clear Beckett is ready to proceed, Jym starts up again with his answer to her last question. "From what I've heard it sounded like we'd be a good fit. Y'all have a habit of taking stand up jobs. Nothin' shady that I've heard about and if things go sideways, from what I'm told, y'all do the right thing, even if it means burning your employer." He gives a firm nod at that last bit, "If all'a that's true, seems to me this is the place to be."
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Hazel Meade » Sat May 16, 2020 1:05 am

Perception: 1d100 = 62% (35% base, +15% on rolls involving electronics, machines, or their combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 89

Hazel takes off her pistol belt and hands it over without a word, then just as quietly follows the other two too Pieter's office. When offered to take a seat, she takes one furthest from the others. Her posture alone alone suggests she is uneasy, not to mention that she has yet to take off her T-43 armor's helmet. She remains quiet for much of the conversation, but eventually thinks to remove her helmet and she speaks up in halting English, "My name Hazel Meade. I...I reparatur, how you say fix? Roboter and maschinen. Also, I look for my roboter freund. Do you have need of mechanikerin? Ja? I am needing money to search for mein freund?". Throughout this she wrings her hands nervously and her face is one of apprehension. She almost seems to be afraid Beckett and/or Pieter will turn her down.


{Translation}
I'm pretty sure you can figure out the few words she spoke in German above.
User avatar
Hazel Meade
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Sat May 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Twonjym wrote:Once its clear Beckett is ready to proceed, Jym starts up again with his answer to her last question. "From what I've heard it sounded like we'd be a good fit. Y'all have a habit of taking stand up jobs. Nothin' shady that I've heard about and if things go sideways, from what I'm told, y'all do the right thing, even if it means burning your employer." He gives a firm nod at that last bit, "If all'a that's true, seems to me this is the place to be."

"Thank you Twonjym, I just have two more questions." Samantha starts off her followup questions, "What would you consider your greatest strengths & weakness?" Listening intently on Twonjym's words, Samantha takes note of everything that Twonjym has answered to gauge the Grackletooth's integrity. "Finally, What are your salary expectations?"

Hazel Meade wrote:She remains quiet for much of the conversation, but eventually thinks to remove her helmet and she speaks up in halting English, "My name Hazel Meade. I...I reparatur, how you say fix? Roboter and maschinen. Also, I look for my roboter freund. Do you have need of mechanikerin? Ja? I am needing money to search for mein freund?". Throughout this she wrings her hands nervously and her face is one of apprehension. She almost seems to be afraid Beckett and/or Pieter will turn her down.

Beckett listens to the German mechanic intently, struggling at the broken English, "Hi Hazel, so you repair machines? And your looking for a robot friend? Is your robot friend a cyborg?" Not sure if Hazel is understanding what she is saying. "Is your Robot friend part human, points to her cheek and pinches it a bit. Or is it completely mechanical... uhm... Artificial Intelligence?"
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Sun May 17, 2020 5:35 am

[Rolls Held]

Twonjym nods and grins a bit, which it likely a prevalent expression on his toothy face, then says with a chuckle, "I reckon my greatest strength is my strength, followed up by my talent with firearms." He lets his chuckle go fallow as he ponders his weaknesses, "Weaknesses though... Most folks don't like to think about their weaknesses that much. Lets see, I got no ability for Magic or Psi. My kind are generally born with a hand for mechanics, and I'm good with weapons, I never really learned how to work on the complicated stuff." He raises a large clawed hand and strokes his beard as he ponders his weaknesses for a moment, "I'm sure there's other things that I don't know but how can you know everything you don't know."

Twonjym's little grin comes back as he cuts his eyes over to Hazel and says in Euro, "Am I right?" His hands come up in a questioning expression.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Sun May 17, 2020 9:13 pm

(( rolls held over ))

Samantha nods listening to Twonjym, "That's true, how does one know their weaknesses, if they never came across them." Smiling, as she taps her fingers on the table, a slight nervous habit as the sound is soothing. "One thing I will say, this job does test your weaknesses, ones you are aware of and ones you are not."

Her voice turns more serious, "That said, do you have any questions or concerns about joining MARS?" Her fingers stop tapping as she says the word MARS. Her stare at Townjym is to size the man up. She's trying to read the Grackletooth, but it is quite hard to read the alien. Much different than the years of training with her Zentraedi squad mates in the Southern Cross.

Barter -- 1d100 = 12 / 65%
Perception -- 1d100 = 83 / 74%
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Mon May 18, 2020 6:45 pm

[rolls held]

Twonjym shakes his head, "Not really. You asked what my thoughts on pay were a touch back. I'd expect either a equal share. If you don't go that route, we could do contract, with an up front price and an option to back out if I don't like the mission." He shrugs a little as he finishes talking, like he's dismissing the second option.

His tail sways back and forth evenly as he continues to talk, "Concerns? Well, I'm always concerned about getting killed." His lips part in a toothy grin, that you might suspect is on his face more often than not, as he says, "I'm not saying that'll stop me from do'in what needs to be done to keep everyone else alive and complete the job, but it is a concern." He chuckles just a little bit, then quiets himself down quickly.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Mon May 18, 2020 8:41 pm

(( rolls carried over ))

"You are right, I did ask about Pay." Her stern face turned back into a smile. "We use a share system policy for each mission, with a portion straight off the top to the company and to pay for repair, medical, and resupply. For the most part our cost for repair has been rather negligible, since we have had quite a bit of mechanics on staff." She looks at Pieter and glares, "But we have had a few step down and move along to do other activities."

She continues to smile as she replies to Twonjym's concerns, "It's obviously a concern for everyone in this line of work. I can say, from what I have seen. This organization is fair, open to all types, and is trustworthy. We have had a bad rap in the past, and have worked hard to prove ourselves not only to ourselves, but to MercTown, and our clients."
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Mon May 18, 2020 9:41 pm

[rolls held]

Twonjym nods along as Beckett describes the payout situation. These guys seem all right. At least they look like they're well set up and aren't really the type to try to slit my throat in my sleep and take my gear. He continues, "Share split seems to be the common way most Merc teams go. As for repairs, my gear is fairly limited and I tend to rely on my natural abilities. But I know enough to lend a mechanic a hand." He waggles his shoulders a bit of a shrug, then raises his eye ridges in an askance expression to Beckett as he waits for a job offer, or not.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Tue May 19, 2020 9:16 pm

(( rolls carried over ))

Well, I think he's going to be a good fit... I have a good feeling about him, Samantha thinks to herself. Thoar always said, trust your gut. It will never lead you to a bad decision. So she knew what she needed to do. Looking to Pieter to see if he has a negative feeling, but receives nothing.

"Generally speaking we offer prospective members probationary status. Meaning that we can let you go without cause during a mission, and you are free to collect your minimum expected share pro rated." She stands up and offers her hand. "If your good with that, welcome to MARS. We do have some basic gear we can provide you along with room and board here on the complex."
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Marvin Prescott » Wed May 20, 2020 1:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48% (30%)
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 82

Marvin slows the hovercycle to a stop and looks over the compound in front of him before commenting, "Well, here we are Grinner. Let's go so if anyone's home.". Marvin hangs his helmet from the cycles handbars, motions the wolf to follow him, and walks up to the door and knocks.
User avatar
Marvin Prescott
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:26 am

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Sum of All Fears » Wed May 20, 2020 6:29 pm

Time: 1130
Date: 4 June 111 PA

Pieter does not interject much during Sam's conversation with Hazel and Jym. He knows if they are able to prove them selves then this will be a key point in forming this team to see it through any hard times down the road. Pieter hears the knocking on the door. "Don't let me stop you. I'll see who it is. I was not expecting this much activity from a simple ad." Pieter exits and leaves the four active members of MARS to continue talking.

Marvin:
Marvin see's a man approach the gate. "Yes? I'm Pieter with MARS. What can I do for you this afternoon?" Assuming Marvin tells Pieter anything regarding employment. Pieter gives him a goofy smile. "Well I must say there are a lot of you today. I had no idea there would be this many people. But it is good you have come. We have two other prospects already inside. This will save us have to talk to you all individually. Also you can meet the whole team as well." Pieter waves Marvin to follow him. He also points to a table where several weapons lay. "You can leave your weapons here."

Everyone:

Pieter enters in with a new individual in tow. "Everyone this is Marvin. He also saw our ad. I will have to take it down now. I think he may be able to level off our forces." A device beeps from Pieter pocket. I have to take this. Why don't you guys get to know each other better." Pieter exits the room leaving a slight awkward silence in his wake.

I will post again on Sunday 23 May 2020. Please finish initial introductions by that time.

Ready? And...Action!!
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Wed May 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Percep: 65% = 1d100 = 80
JIC: 1d100 = 90 1d20 = 1

Beckett wrote:"Generally speaking we offer prospective members probationary status. Meaning that we can let you go without cause during a mission, and you are free to collect your minimum expected share pro rated." She stands up and offers her hand. "If your good with that, welcome to MARS. We do have some basic gear we can provide you along with room and board here on the complex."


Twonjyn holds his grin and nods to Beckett, "That seems like a fair accommodation." Jym stands and shakes the woman's hand, "Room and board sound even better. Or at least one less thing for me to have to find today. As far as the group gear goes, lets hold off on that until we have a mission, then we can figure out just who needs what."

Well, that's down. Time to wait on everyone else to get sorted, then I'm guessing we get a tour. Jym settles back into his seat and zips his mouth shut so Beckett can finish up the interview with the mechanic. When Pieter hauls another recruit in, Jym almost chortles but manages to keep quiet as he offers the new man a welcoming nod.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 18 | 1d100 = 90

Samantha smiles at the acknowledgement that Twonjym was willing to join MARS, "I'm thrilled that your willing to join us. I'll show you to your quarters in a little bit. You are welcome to store any weapons in our armory as well. We have special dispensation from the MercTown Defenders to store our long arms within our compound. Similar to the other premier mercenary companies residing here in MercTown."

Samantha continues her conversation with Hazel in her broken English as best she could. First shifting to Dragonese to see if it was a language Hazel was familiar with then Zentraedi. When Pieter returns with Marvin, Samantha greets the man by offering a hand. "Please be seated." Just as quickly as Marvin comes in, Pieter excuses himself. "Uhm, okay..." her voice trails off. Clearing her throat as she sits down, "I have some preemployment screening to go through."

Interview Questions wrote: 1) Tell me a little about yourself. ...
2) Why do you want to work for this company? ...
3) What made MARS stand out to you? ...
4) What are your salary expectations? ...
5) What would you consider your greatest strengths & weakness? ...
6) Do you have any questions or concerns about joining MARS? ...

OOC: Marvin and Hazel, feel free to respond to this either in bullet points or in story format.
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Fri May 22, 2020 8:43 pm

Introspective Part 1
Denver Destroyed: The Mile High City wrote:Taking the Logan for a side trip was was a fairly quick jaunt for the Southern Cross soldier. Satellites aren't providing GPS information anymore, I can't believe that old school navigation course is coming into play. The tiny fighter banks a little to the north west to reach the coordinates that used to be Denver from her own world.

The landscape was beautiful, trees growing into the sky, and everything covered in snow. The fighter slows down, and before it stalls transforms into battloid mode and lands, it hovers slowly over the area. "Alfred, scan the area for any electronics coming from the area."

The Artificial Intelligence that was embedded into the Logan responded back in text, Minimal EM Signature detected 2km bearing 315 degrees.. The jet slowly lowers to the ground, and the canopy opens up.

"I'll be right back, keep the engines on standby for a quick departure." With that Samantha hops out of the jet and lands on the ground. The actuators in her body armor kick in, making the landing easy on her body. Okay, North West, about two kilometers. She starts to walk, the HUD in her helmet overlaying her vision with the direction she needed to go. The snow was fairly thick, but with the adjustments she made to her armor, it didn't affect her stride.

Walking a good few minutes her HUD pinged when the destination had arrived. The snow was heavier, and the tree's practically nonexistent. Alfred got it wrong, Samantha reached up and lifted up her visor. The cold air was crisp and stung her skin. Now where is that EM transmission?
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Hazel Meade » Fri May 22, 2020 11:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32% (35% base, +15% on rolls involving electronics, machines, or their combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 78

Beckett wrote:Beckett listens to the German mechanic intently, struggling at the broken English, "Hi Hazel, so you repair machines? And your looking for a robot friend? Is your robot friend a cyborg?" Not sure if Hazel is understanding what she is saying. "Is your Robot friend part human, points to her cheek and pinches it a bit. Or is it completely mechanical... uhm... Artificial Intelligence?"


Hazel gives a small nod, "Ja, yes. I repair.", she fumbles a dog-eared photograph out of her pocket and holds it out. The picture shows a Triax Industries X-545 Armored Jeager that has clearly seen better days and standing next to it is Hazel herself, smiling as she leans against the robot vehicle. She points to the Jeager, "This my freund. Boat crew steal him when I come here to America. Mr. Kraus here in the town says he help find, but need money to make search start.". She looks anxiously at Beckett, "Need job with you to make money for searching. I do good job with repair, I promise.".
User avatar
Hazel Meade
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Marvin Prescott » Fri May 22, 2020 11:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33% (30%)
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 66

Sum of All Fears wrote:Marvin:
Marvin see's a man approach the gate. "Yes? I'm Pieter with MARS. What can I do for you this afternoon?" Assuming Marvin tells Pieter anything regarding employment. Pieter gives him a goofy smile. "Well I must say there are a lot of you today. I had no idea there would be this many people. But it is good you have come. We have two other prospects already inside. This will save us have to talk to you all individually. Also you can meet the whole team as well." Pieter waves Marvin to follow him. He also points to a table where several weapons lay. "You can leave your weapons here."

Everyone:

Pieter enters in with a new individual in tow. "Everyone this is Marvin. He also saw our ad. I will have to take it down now. I think he may be able to level off our forces." A device beeps from Pieter pocket. I have to take this. Why don't you guys get to know each other better." Pieter exits the room leaving a slight awkward silence in his wake.


Marvin pulls both his pistols from their holsters and sets them down on the table indicated before following Pieter inside.

Beckett wrote:Samantha smiles at the acknowledgement that Twonjym was willing to join MARS, [b]"I'm thrilled that your willing to join us. I'll show you to your quarters in a little bit. You are welcome to store any weapons in our armory as well. We have special dispensation from the MercTown Defenders to store our long arms within our compound. Similar to the other premier mercenary companies residing here in MercTown."

Samantha continues her conversation with Hazel in her broken English as best she could. First shifting to Dragonese to see if it was a language Hazel was familiar with then Zentraedi. When Pieter returns with Marvin, Samantha greets the man by offering a hand. "Please be seated." Just as quickly as Marvin comes in, Pieter excuses himself. "Uhm, okay..." her voice trails off. Clearing her throat as she sits down, "I have some preemployment screening to go through."

Interview Questions wrote: 1) Tell me a little about yourself. ...
2) Why do you want to work for this company? ...
3) What made MARS stand out to you? ...
4) What are your salary expectations? ...
5) What would you consider your greatest strengths & weakness? ...
6) Do you have any questions or concerns about joining MARS? ...

OOC: Marvin and Hazel, feel free to respond to this either in bullet points or in story format.


Marvin smiles and offers Beckett his hand, "Sergeant Marvin Prescott ma'am. Pleased to meet you. Oh, and this is Grinner.", he goes on as he motions to the mechanical wolf at his side. In response to Beckett's questions Marvin tries to answer, "Well, the why is easy. Need to earn a living after all. I can't really say MARS stands out as far as I know. It just happened to be the unit a waitress over at the Job Market Cafe suggested.". Marvin pauses to to a sip from his flask before going on, "Pay? Well, so long as you give me a place to sleep between jobs, supply me with ammunition and ordinance for the job, and watch my six on the job I'll be happy. Oh, also keep the bar around here stocked or pay me enough money to stock my own. As for my strengths and weaknesses. I am a highly trained Ex-Dead Boy ma'am who quit the CS and now I spend my down time drinking because of them. I'll let you decide which part is strength and which is weakness. Cheers.", and he takes another gulp from his flask.
User avatar
Marvin Prescott
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:26 am

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Sat May 23, 2020 7:49 am

(( rolls carried over ))

Samantha's heart strings are pulled tight, listening to Hazel's broken English about her friend, her Robot. I know exactly how she feels, I had to leave my Tank behind in Denver. It was too badly damaged. "Okay Hazel, we'll put you on as a mechanic on probation. Just like Jym right here." She points to the Grackletooth. I hope I am doing the right thing, with this one.

"I have a couple of projects that, could use some help. If your up to the challenge, I can put you to work fairly soon." Samantha smiles at the German woman. "I have a combat robot that needs to be rebuilt."

When Marvin introduces himself and his dog, she takes his hand. "Is he friendly?" If Marvin answers in an affirmative, she'll kneel down and offer her hand to pet the clockwork wolf. "Cybernetics or Robotics?" she asks before going into her questions concerning hiring him. "I have had a few run ins with the CS. As with all militaries it can be considered a strength and a weakness." She watches him pull his flask out and take a big sip. I wonder if he'll be like Thoar, party every night, but all business on the field.

I have one more question for you Marvin, "Are you able to follow orders? It doesn't have to be blind obedience. But in the heat of combat, you may be asked to do something that isn't clear to you. Will you do it?"

If his answer is yes, she'll offer her hand. "Welcome to MARS as a probationary member."
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Marvin Prescott » Sat May 23, 2020 9:28 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Beckett wrote:When Marvin introduces himself and his dog, she takes his hand. "Is he friendly?" If Marvin answers in an affirmative, she'll kneel down and offer her hand to pet the clockwork wolf. "Cybernetics or Robotics?" she asks before going into her questions concerning hiring him. "I have had a few run ins with the CS. As with all militaries it can be considered a strength and a weakness." She watches him pull his flask out and take a big sip. I wonder if he'll be like Thoar, party every night, but all business on the field.

I have one more question for you Marvin, "Are you able to follow orders? It doesn't have to be blind obedience. But in the heat of combat, you may be asked to do something that isn't clear to you. Will you do it?"

If his answer is yes, she'll offer her hand. "Welcome to MARS as a probationary member."



"Oh yeah, he's plenty friendly. As for what kind of of wolf he is, I have no idea. Met him during my last tour in Tolkeen...he's been following me ever since.", a look of panic flashes across his face briefly and he hides it by taking another pull from his flask. Grinning once again he replies to her last question, "Sure, following orders is what I do best!".
User avatar
Marvin Prescott
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:26 am

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Sun May 24, 2020 9:38 am

[rolls held]

Twonjym nods along as Beckett tells him that he'll get the tour shortly, after she finishes with Hazel and the new guy that just got shown in. Busy morning for these folks. I hope this ain't standard, kinda makes me wonder if they're too big for their britches and take jobs they can't finish without high losses. He lets his thoughts dwindle as he listens to the others responses.

The girl's tale has Jym furrow his brows a bit as he leans over slightly to try and get a look at the picture, Frak its hard to tell how old humans are sometimes. I forget just how naive they can be when they're young. But still, who really thinks a giant robot can be stolen? If she can keep that thing up, let alone fix it when its beat up a broke. She could be one hell of a wrench turner.

When attention turns to Marvin and his Clockwork Wolf, Twonjym gives a knowing grin, No that is somethin'. Ain't never seen one O' those, 'sides Pepe. Black and purple but still looks to be the same build. Everyone I asked said Pepe was unique as far as they had ever seen. Interesting that one found me and one found this Deadhead. Jym's head tips up and his grins disappears as he appraises Marvin. He shifts a bit to draw a little attention to himself as he watches what the so called former CS grunt does when Jym catches the man's eye.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Sun May 24, 2020 11:01 am

(( rolls carried over ))

Samantha reaches down and pets the clockwork wolf, her metal fingers of the battle suit make a slight metal sound on its metal parts.. "With the paperwork signed, I'll show you guys your rooms." Samantha leads the recruits into a large warehouse, where there are some large conex boxes lining the outside edges. Staircases and walkways lead to the triple stacked boxes. While in the center of the room a vehicle that takes up most of the open room. It can only be described as a large boat with landing skids. Off to the side is a large thirty foot tall robot that is in pieces, and another vehicle covered in a tarp.

"Your rooms are on the third floor, three hundred one, three hundred two, and three hundred three. They each have a Jack and Jill bathroom, so you'll be required to share facilities when we are here. We also have a communal locker room here on the ground floor. She points to a door back towards an office. And we also have an Armory to store your weapons and recharge e-clips over there." She smiles and lets the three to get settled. "After you get settled, why don't you head down to the kitchen, its right next to the conference room we were just in."
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun May 24, 2020 11:54 am

Time: 1300
Date: 4 June 111 PA


Before Beckett gets everyone set with their accommodations, she has them move all the vehicles into the garage so they can remain secure. For Marvin and Hazel the accommodations are better then they could afford right now, and better than they have been living in as of late. The room is bare but spacious for Marvin. There is ample room for additional gear and even a fridge he can stock liquor in. Marvin realizes he is running dry and needs to refill his flask (Flask is 8oz). A thought occurs to him that he may wish to purchase additional flasks or a thermos to refill his flask when they end up in the field. (Marvin include a save vs non-lethal poison with your next post DC 6, and please add the bottle of whiskey purchased from the cafe to your character sheet. Size is 750ml currently 98% remaining. Lose 3% per refill of flask.)

Hazel feels the weight of social interaction lift as her door clicks behind her. The room is bare but livable. Much better than what she is used to. Here alone she begins to feel her spirits rise as she knows this team will help her reach her eventual goal of finding her friend. She had seen the workspace in the garage. It was quite impressive and likely where she can see herself spending the majority of her time.

Twonjym finds the accommodations spartan but nothing wrong with them. He knows from experience they are not likely to be spending a lot of time here. The life of a mercenary is one of near constant struggle.

Rocky sees the new recruits moving about with conflicted emotions. He is happy to see their enthusiasm and the boost their abilities will mean for the future of MARS. Then he is also worried. Mostly for them, but also for himself. He alone came back from the last job. While that is not the norm he has been thinking of little else. Had Pieter not been ahead of the game the last job could very well have been the last job for MARS. The seeds of doubt have been planted. (Rocky Roll for Save vs Insanity DC 12). Rocky also remembers the invitation for drinks for one last get together for the JTFA.

Sam falls into a natural leadership position helping get the new people billeting and guiding the newcomers through the building showing them where all the facilities are.

Everyone:

After about an hour or so everyone heard Pieter over the intercom. ”I’m back. Can I get everyone to the conference room please.”

As everyone files in, Pieter is standing at the head of the table flanked by two individuals. The person on the left looks to be a 50ish human with salt and pepper hair, in a well tailored dark grey business suit. While the person to the right, well they really are not a person, they look like a large robotic angel. When everyone has been seated Pieter speaks, ”I know it’s soon for a lot of us but I have a job for us. I think this job will help bring the new and the old together to help form a better team. This is Mr. Keller owner and founder of the Keller Institute of Technology, KIT for short.” Peiter motions to Mr. Keller and he steps forward. His blue eyes look at each person for a moment to ensure their attention before he continues, ”Yes this job is of some urgency. This morning as of 0500 we lost contact with one of our research facilities south of New Lazlo. I am hiring your company to conduct a recon of the facility, ensure the safety of the personnel and their research materials, and assist the personnel with lifting the lockdown of the facility.” Mr. Keller presses a button on a remote and a holo display of North America hovers in the middle of the table. Pieter dims the lights so all can see. "Our facility is here at the intersection of two ley lines. Travel there will not be an issue. However due to the facility’s lockdown we are unable to open a rift into the facility. It has certain...countermeasures active which prevents anything from getting in or out via rifts or other magical ways. The facility is a ten floor underground facility. There is a primary lift used for normal operations to get from floor to floor, however the lockdown disables it automatically. Now for situations like this there are hidden emergency stairwells on each floor to allow access to the other floors. We are still unsure as to why no one has come out of the facility yet. But that’s where you come in.” Mr. Keller waves to the person standing next to him. ”This is Vera. She has been working for me only a short time, but she has proven invaluable. She has a detailed layout of the facility stored on a disk for you to look over at your leisure. I also want her to accompany you on this job. Some extra fire support always comes in handy for the unexpected. I understand that this group recently came back from a job so as much as I want you to set out immediately I understand the need to re-provision. I hope three days is enough to get what you need, I can spare no more than five days. Should you take longer than five days to prepare, I will have to contract another company. When you are ready to leave contact me at this frequency and I will have my mage open a rift for you to travel by. Your company will be paid 8 million credits upon restoring the facility and getting the personnel out safely. Do you have any questions for me before I leave?”

Ready? And...Action!!!
Attachments
Map KIT Updated.png
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Sun May 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Percep: 65% = 1d100 = 26
JIC: 1d100 = 52 1d20 = 9

Twonjym nods to Beckett as the rooms area assigned. He grins as he turns to the other two recruits, "So who's gonna be my roomie or whatever. Don't worry, neither of you are my type." He gives Marvin a wink before he makes his way up to room 301.

After looking over the room, Jym goes out and gets in his hovercar in. He zips out of the compound just long enough to swing by the Gates and claim his rifle, then he comes back and parks inside the hangar. Slipping out of the vehicle, Jym gives a whistle and calls out, "Come on Pepe," Slapping his leg with one hand as he swings his gear up on his shoulder with the other.

Jym climbs the stairs quickly and opens the door to his room. Letting Pepe in first, Jym slings his gear onto the chair and starts putting things away as Pepe hops onto the bed and curls up. It doesn't take long for Jym to get his gear stored. When he's finished he looks over at Pepe, who doesn't look like he's going to move anytime soon, gives a shrug and heads out to give himself a tour of the base.

When the call comes in to meet in the conference room, Jym alters his course and settles into the chair he had earlier to listen to the briefing.

After sitting quietly while their new contract gives them the details of the mission hears the call for questions and nods, "I have a few if you don't mind me asking. How many folks are onsite? What is the nature of the facility? Just in general if you don't wanna give specifics. Are we gonna have an override key or something? And how is the lockdown lifted?" He turns slightly and locks eyes with the large cyborg, offering a small nod of acknowledgement.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Next

Return to The Outskirts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron