Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Prouse Memorial Airport wrote:Prouse Memorial Airport
Beyond the city walls, on the outskirts of MercTown, is a full service airport. It is named after a close friend of the Proconsul, Cyber-Knight Sir Davis Prouse, who died in the battle for New Paducah. The airport is a prime example of the progress brought about by the Drago regime. The thoroughly modern airport was constructed with the best materials and equipped with the most advanced command systems and electronics on the market (i.e. computer network, communications, radar, weather radar, computer-assisted landing devices, etc.). It is a sprawling complex with dozens of buildings and scores of hangars surrounding the central runway system. Only about a third of the runaways and corresponding buildings are owned or used by the MercTown government, Air Force and civilian airline, the rest are rented and leased out to select customers, including mercenary companies like Air Superiority Inc. However, the airfield operations remain under MercTown's jurisdiction and control, with all air traffic controlled by the main tower which is operated by officers from the MercTown Air Force.


Image

The Spook Squad has rented a large hanger for personal use. This serves as their maintenance and upgrade site, as well as the home for two members and their living mounts.
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Airport: Prouse Memorial Airport (1)

Postby Lahz » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:20 pm

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 11 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 80

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 54




Over the last 15 minutes of the drive he begins to prep the droids, "Ok for now we are going to assign you temporary identifiers. You (Droid1) are going to identify as Roy, You (Droid2) are going to identify as Gene, and You (Droid3) are going to identify as Bivv. Roy, Gene, and Bivv, your primary directive is defense of the Spook Squad. I am the leader of the Spook Squad. Your 2nd directive is security of your assigned station including perimeter and observation for potential threats. Your 3rd directive is to report to me with any prospective security deficiencies observed. You will do this via encrypted radio transmission to myself or Ray the Droid presently operating this vehicle [encrypted frequency given]. You are being taken out to an airport hangar where with luck, we're going to build a hovercraft to rival almost any weapons assault platform on the continent. There are 2 probationary members who will be staying in the Hangar with apparently their mounts. Their names are Grimloq and Zzazz. Grimloq and Zzazz are not authorized to change your primary directives. I will be back in a few hours and bring armaments to assign for your use."

Eventually, driven by Ray, Lahz pulls up to the Spooks' Hangar at the Airport and disembarks with the 4 Droids to look over the (ostensibly) mounted probationary Spooks, "So, the Hangar is pretty much unused and empty at the moment but that will not remain the case. We're about to kick off assembly of a heavy lift vehicle for field operations. There's a restaurant diner type place in here called Frequent Fliers, and the Flight Room over there apparently does some pretty decent meals ... I anticipate actually that I will get a local contractor out here to toss up some walled quarters ... should be easy to accommodate your height Grim so you won't feel boxed in, maybe 15ft ceilings, and some soundproofing to kill the takeoff and landing sound. These droids are Roy, Gene, and Bivv, they will supplement your security efforts for now, handle guard duty when you guys need to head out and stretch your legs or head into town, but keep stuff reasonable. I just picked them up yesterday, finished programming this morning. These are not work-drones. I have installed combat programming but, you know a living mind can be more, flexible so let me know if you see things that need to be tightened up. Up close they should be plenty deadly, I will be obtaining weapons to arm them for ranged capability ... Questions?"
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Airport: Prouse Memorial Airport (1)

Postby Grimloq » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 44
Thumper Perception vs 20%:1d100 = 36
JIC:1d100 = 59|1d20 = 1
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 9


”None.” Grimloq will dismount slowly and eye the innards of the hanger. not bad. ”Guard this place. Keep your construction project safe. Food is walking distance away. No complaints here Boss.” That corner over there looks nice. Or up along front so it would be easier to set up an animal pen..

Grimloqs attention seems to be more on the premises than Lahz, but the large D-Bee still makes sure to provide his employer with a modicum of respect. ”I guarantee no one will be bothering your work area unless you want to be bothered Boss.” Grimloq will begin unhitching Thumpers saddle. There should be a spiggot somewhere nearby. We will water the animals then decide a shift. The lizard-man seems capable if... rustic.
Last edited by Grimloq on Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Hat: 10/10
L. Arm: 12/12 | R. Arm: 12/12
Body: 36/36
L. Leg: 16/16 | R. Leg: 16/16

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Airport: Prouse Memorial Airport (1)

Postby Zzazz » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:34 am

((rolls carried))
Zzazz dismounts and leans on Slithe as Lahz makes his speech. ”Nothing yet. But will make sure to make note of what I think of.” He looks around the hangar. ”Feels dead here. Needs some green. Over there would be a good spot for Slithe, with a small shelter beside it for me.” Nodding in Grim’s direction, Zzazz adds ’What he said.’ Chuckling, he begins to take his gear off Slithe. After that he removes Slithe's Harness and saddle. Placing it all in a pile, He looks at Grim. ”Grab dinner then plan arrangements while we eat?”
User avatar
Zzazz
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 am

Re: Airport: Prouse Memorial Airport (1)

Postby Grimloq » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:27 am

(Rolls carried)

Grimloq nods at Zzazz's suggestion. "A basic watch order would be wise to set up." Grimloq will light his cigar and motion to Slithe. "If your boy is half as clever as Thumper here, they will serve as a good warning system as well; with them and the bots I do not think much will be sneaking in. I have some shopping I want to get done in the next day or two also. I'm thinking some heavier armor would be a smart investment. Maybe a big gun too. Mr Fixer-Jones' friends pay well; It should not be too difficult to properly furnish our living quarters as well."

Grimloq will turn back to Lahz. "Anything we can help you with personally Boss?" This guy seems like he will be an easy employer. As long as I stay on the ball, I get the feeling he doesn't care much beyond positive results. And judging he the tech and operatives working with him already, I think we got the jackpot of a gig.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Hat: 10/10
L. Arm: 12/12 | R. Arm: 12/12
Body: 36/36
L. Leg: 16/16 | R. Leg: 16/16

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Airport: Prouse Memorial Airport (1)

Postby Ronan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:31 am

JiC: 1d100 = 64 / 1d20 = 12
Perception [34%]: 1d100 = 23

Ronan accompanies the trio to the Hanger and listens to Lahz's disclosure.

Lahz wrote:"So, the Hangar is pretty much unused and empty at the moment but that will not remain the case. We're about to kick off assembly of a heavy lift vehicle for field operations. There's a restaurant diner type place in here called Frequent Fliers, and the Flight Room over there apparently does some pretty decent meals ... I anticipate actually that I will get a local contractor out here to toss up some walled quarters ... should be easy to accommodate your height Grim so you won't feel boxed in, maybe 15ft ceilings, and some soundproofing to kill the takeoff and landing sound. These droids are Roy, Gene, and Bivv, they will supplement your security efforts for now, handle guard duty when you guys need to head out and stretch your legs or head into town, but keep stuff reasonable. I just picked them up yesterday, finished programming this morning. These are not work-drones. I have installed combat programming but, you know a living mind can be more, flexible so let me know if you see things that need to be tightened up. Up close they should be plenty deadly, I will be obtaining weapons to arm them for ranged capability ... Questions?"


Interesting. So this is what they call a hanger. If only they could have seen the hanger I dropped out of. Lahz here would've been like a kid in a candy store. Ronan muses amid Lahz's description. Ronan will add to Grim and Zzazz, "I'll be at the Haunt but if you need anything hit me up on the radio and I'll swing by. Interesting Hanger amenities. If you ever feel the need to shoot some pool or spar, let me know." He says and then turns to Lahz "Thanks for letting me tag along. I'm heading back to the Haunt unless you need me for something."

Presuming Lahz doesn't need him, Ronan makes his way back to the Haunt, mapping the route in his head so he doesn't need a guide next time.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Airport: Prouse Memorial Airport (1)

Postby Lahz » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:45 pm

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 4 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 63

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 45




Lahz waves as Ronan gets ready for departure, "I know you mentioned needing heavier weights than we have at the HQ weight room. We should have plenty of space out here if you are inclined ... Hell toss a couple pulleys up and you can do presses with the new GAW-998 Combat Utility Vehicle if you want ... just don't drop it or bend my damn axles. It's a good heavy vehicle that is meant for off-roading. Those things can go up a relatively crazy incline ... it's not fast or sexy, but it's heavy and dependable. I put in to purchase an assault helicopter as well ... I think that thing weighs in around 6 tons. I honestly bought it to pull out the sensors, so it will probably be around 10,000lbs you can lift and work out with ... just my thought."

He turns back to Grimloq and Zzazz, "I don't have anything particular that I need from you guys right now. When the chassis comes in I'm going to start having all hands on deck to do lugging and hauling."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:02 am

Roy, Gene and Bivv set about creating a perimeter and patrol pattern around Spooks' Hangar. They are supplemented by Grimloq and Zzazz who by their non-mechanical nature, make patrols at a more irregular schedule. A security baseline is established and within five days, it seems there is little to be worried about. No red flags are raised by any of Lahz's droids and neither Grimloq nor Zzazz observe anything out of the ordinary while guarding the facility.

Two days later, a full week after beginning the setup at the hangar, Lahz is working on a secondary project, patching the security video through his established routers to feed into his power armor when he spots something potentially strange or out of the ordinary. At the time, Grimloq had just begun his mid-day route around the hangar and the elven psi-tech swears that he spots the glint of reflection from some manner of optics and an individual in the distance duck behind a shipping crate. Lahz's fingers fly across the camera controls as he tries to locate the mystery scout, but ultimately fails to locate them. This, in itself is also a bit strange as the cameras' placement was designed to overlap and keep track of outside traffic. In theory, there is no gap and the individual should have been spotted by at least one of the cameras leaving the area.
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Ronan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:32 am

JiC: 1d100 = 65 / 1d20 = 16
Perc [34%]: 1d100 = 88

Lahz wrote:"I know you mentioned needing heavier weights than we have at the HQ weight room. We should have plenty of space out here if you are inclined ... Hell toss a couple pulleys up and you can do presses with the new GAW-998 Combat Utility Vehicle if you want ... just don't drop it or bend my damn axles. It's a good heavy vehicle that is meant for off-roading. Those things can go up a relatively crazy incline ... it's not fast or sexy, but it's heavy and dependable. I put in to purchase an assault helicopter as well ... I think that thing weighs in around 6 tons. I honestly bought it to pull out the sensors, so it will probably be around 10,000lbs you can lift and work out with ... just my thought."


Ronan pauses and looks back at Lahz. "There's an idea. Good way to pass the time. I don't think I've ever tried lifting 10,000lbs. Never had the need but I'm more than willing to test my limits with something like that. Need any help moving big machinery too, and I'll see what I can do. I can make some silver blocks to hold things up for you, too." Ronan adds

He'll likely spend half is time over the next few months in the hangar helping as requested or back at the Haunt hanging out with folks down there. He'll check in with Lahz every other day to see if he's needed for heavy lifting but otherwise hang out in the Haunt and not the Hangar.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Airport: Prouse Memorial Airport (1)

Postby Lahz » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:10 am

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 14 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: 1d100 = 20

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 4




Aegis of No Retreat wrote:Two days later, a full week after beginning the setup at the hangar, Lahz is working on a secondary project, patching the security video through his established routers to feed into his power armor when he spots something potentially strange or out of the ordinary. At the time, Grimloq had just begun his mid-day route around the hangar and the elven psi-tech swears that he spots the glint of reflection from some manner of optics and an individual in the distance duck behind a shipping crate. Lahz's fingers fly across the camera controls as he tries to locate the mystery scout, but ultimately fails to locate them. This, in itself is also a bit strange as the cameras' placement was designed to overlap and keep track of outside traffic. In theory, there is no gap and the individual should have been spotted by at least one of the cameras leaving the area.


A frown of consternation spreads like a dark cloud over Lahz's face and he keys a radio, "Ray, I want you to thermal scan an area. Grimloq, can you get over here and walk a section of our perimeter. All camera zones are supposed to overlap so there are no gaps, but I think I may have a deadzone or someone trying to create one. Roy and Bivv watch Grim, if he signals for assistance you locate and restrain. I want to know why someone is looking in on us."

Lahz then will seek to have Grimloq walk across the area where he previously thought he saw an observer, **It's worth looking at. Should I go Astral? I could have the 3rd bot monitor the screens while I was outside my damn body, but what if I want to give Grim orders? Then I have to get control of an HUD or a radio or something ... Let's try this way. If they are gone they are gone, but I don't know if we want to apprehend. If we are being watched maybe I should have Mierin come in from the City and watch the watcher. We could just give him something interesting to watch ... something we haven't done yet. Hell I could have Grim and the bots put on a no-contact drill of some kind ... Hmmm **
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:07 am

Ray dutifully performs a thermal scan at Lahz's request. Unfortunately, the scan does not reveal anything new. It would seem whomever may have been spying on the Spooks is gone.

Investigating his hunch, Lahz brings Grimloq in to check the camera overlaps. The rather large Grackle Tooth is an excellent stand-in. If/When Grimloq walks the space, Lahz is able to identify a very discreet gap in the camera overlap. It is small enough of a gap that upon cursory observation, may not be noticeable based on background alone, but is sizeable enough to hide a man-sized individual. On the cameras, there is a space where the Grackle Tooth's arms are visible (one on each camera), but entire torso is obscured from view.

Given the closed circuit nature of the cameras, Lahz figures that unless the perpetrator managed to drop in a backdoor into his system, it is unlikely that the camera shift was created via the surveillance software.

Upon further inspection, Lahz recognizes that the motor encoders are off. He is able to correct the problem by re-homing the motor... telling it to check its physical limits and then resetting its internal movement range. The psi-tech recognizes this problem. It is often caused by an unexpected physical jostling that the system doesn't immediately compensate for.

There are several options for 'how' the camera was physically moved, but figuring out which one may take time (and careful examination of surveillance footage for anything out of the ordinary).
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Grimloq » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:40 am

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 30 PASS
Thumper Perception vs 20%:1d100 = 97 FAIL
JIC:1d100 = 24|1d20 = 6
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 55 PASS

Lahz wrote:"Ray, I want you to thermal scan an area. Grimloq, can you get over here and walk a section of our perimeter. All camera zones are supposed to overlap so there are no gaps, but I think I may have a deadzone or someone trying to create one. Roy and Bivv watch Grim, if he signals for assistance you locate and restrain. I want to know why someone is looking in on us."

Lahz then will seek to have Grimloq walk across the area where he previously thought he saw an observer..


”Roger that Boss, right on it.” Grimloq will switch his radio to the local channel and try to raise Zzazz. ”There might be an intruder situation here at the airfield. The Boss has me looking at a potential security breach. Could you do a check of the interior, along with our inventory? See if anything has been tampered with or is missing?”

The Grackle-tooth will then head towards the section of perimeter Lahz indicated. What’s so special about this side of the warehouse? Grimloq casually walks the length of perimeter, eyeing all the corners and shadows that might hide an individual. ”Whats’ your opinion on active defenses, Boss? I have some experience with minefields and other less… explosive means of ‘unseen contingencies’.” Grimloq asks Lahz as he is walking the edge of the warehouse.

When the dead zone is identified, Grimloq will give it a thorough examination, looking for signs of their eavesdropper or anything they might have left behind.

Detect Ambush vs 55%:1d100 = 21 PASS
Find Contraband vs 48%:1d100 = 12 PASS
Trap/Mine Detection vs 40%:1d100 = 25 PASS
Track and trap animals vs 30%:1d100 = 59 FAIL
Last edited by Grimloq on Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Hat: 10/10
L. Arm: 12/12 | R. Arm: 12/12
Body: 36/36
L. Leg: 16/16 | R. Leg: 16/16

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Ronan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:41 am

About three weeks after those at the Hanger have a sightseer

See Post

If Lahz, Zzazz and Grimlock have their radios on, they'll hear Ronan queue up a message "Spooks, there was a package I just intercepted at the gate for Ace that is likely an explosive; it has a poorly concealed detonator. Also we've got another unwelcomed sightseer scoping us out at the tower. I'm dropping the package into that pocket bag Deuce made me. Queen, I'm going to see if I can't pin down this rabbit before he is gone. I spotted him on top of the Kingman Resort next door."
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Grimloq » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:21 am

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 43 FAIL
Thumper Perception vs 20%:1d100 = 95 FAIL
JIC:1d100 = 18|1d20 = 3
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 93 FAIL
[Three week time skip]

Grimloq pauses cleaning his weapon and listens to Ronan’s voice as it echoes out of the radio speaker and through his corner of the hanger. ” Nothing unusual at the Airport, I’ll do another sweep now. If you need assistance, we can be downtown in minutes.”

”Zzazz! Did you hear that? There might be activity at HQ. I am going outside to make sure we are still secure.”

Grimloq whistles for Thumpers attention and stands himself. He motions to her and she snorts in acceptance- having gotten used to their new routine at the airport by now. Grimloq will leave the Warehouse and begins a clockwise circle of the property, looking for any signs of voyeurs, tampered cameras, or any other signs of suspicious activity. Thumper will begin a counterclockwise circle of the property at the same time, knowing to signal if she spots anything.

Detect Ambush vs 55%:1d100 = 39 PASS
Trap/Mine Detection vs 40%:1d100 = 65 FAIL
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Hat: 10/10
L. Arm: 12/12 | R. Arm: 12/12
Body: 36/36
L. Leg: 16/16 | R. Leg: 16/16

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Lahz » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:06 pm

Perception [45%]: EP Success [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 32

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 67



Aegis of No Retreat wrote:1 WEEK OUT
Investigating his hunch, Lahz brings Grimloq in to check the camera overlaps. The rather large Grackle Tooth is an excellent stand-in. If/When Grimloq walks the space, Lahz is able to identify a very discreet gap in the camera overlap. It is small enough of a gap that upon cursory observation, may not be noticeable based on background alone, but is sizeable enough to hide a man-sized individual. On the cameras, there is a space where the Grackle Tooth's arms are visible (one on each camera), but entire torso is obscured from view ... Upon further inspection, Lahz recognizes that the motor encoders are off. He is able to correct the problem by re-homing the motor... telling it to check its physical limits and then resetting its internal movement range. The psi-tech recognizes this problem. It is often caused by an unexpected physical jostling that the system doesn't immediately compensate for ... There are several options for 'how' the camera was physically moved, but figuring out which one may take time (and careful examination of surveillance footage for anything out of the ordinary).


Lahz completes the minute adjustments to put the cameras back on overlapping fields of vision, he then discreetly places a remote camera to monitor the 'camera blind' location (from a spot outside the Spooks' warehouse, maybe planted on another warehouse depending on layout), *I know how I would create that blindspot, and that's good enough ... Now I didn't raise an initial alarm or anything. If we are lucky they have not got everything needed and will be back for further observation. It's always good to gather intelligence, so let's see if someone comes back to a spot they think they have already prepped.*

Electronic Countermeasures 61%: 1d100 = 64

Ronan wrote:2 WEEK TIME GAP
"Spooks, there was a package I just intercepted at the gate for Ace that is likely an explosive; it has a poorly concealed detonator. Also we've got another unwelcomed sightseer scoping us out at the tower. I'm dropping the package into that pocket bag Deuce made me. Queen, I'm going to see if I can't pin down this rabbit before he is gone. I spotted him on top of the Kingman Resort next door."


Lahz is ensconced in the Marauder and hoisting an ion turret for installation when the transmission comes in, *Package delivery? An explosive?!? M@ot&^$h____%!!! Another spy ehhhh? Well unless they hadn't expected me to ever be present, they must not know me too well.*

Grimloq wrote:” Nothing unusual at the Airport, I’ll do another sweep now. If you need assistance, we can be downtown in minutes.”[/b]


The Psi-Tech sets down the turret assemble and keys his own radio, "Grim, perimeter sweep. If you spot anything do not approach. I am going Astral so will not have access to radio. I will do my own sweep then head for HQ. In an emergency I will contact Ray to convey info. I estimate I will be back in 20. Don't let anything kill my body.” He next engages the joint lock programming and HUD spoofs on the Marauder. He listens for updates as time ticks away and he mentally unhinges from the body [4d4 = 8 Minutes] ... eventually several deep, cleansing breaths later, Lahz lifts up out of his body via Astral Projection (8 ISP, 90 Min).

However, instead of launching his ethereal form he floats up through the roof of the warehouse then over to check the locale of the prior spy, *I need to bring at least one of the Golems from HQ out here. Something that can see the invisible, and the Astral. Careless. My father would have a nice long lecture prepared. If they already have 2 at HQ, then they may have more here.*

*** CONTINGENCY: If there are no observers at the Hangar, the Psi-Tech launches his form back towards [[ the Haunt ]] at top speed (Astral Speed can reach 600+ mph). When he reaches the Haunt, should he spot the 'package' inside an energy field, the Psi-Tech snorts in derision and glides up to it to use Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 130', 9.00 Min) or Telekinesis: Super (30 ISP = 300lbs, 900', 18.00 Min, RUE p.182) and disarm the device (enter disarm code obtained via constant Telemechanics, or pull appropriate wire, etc.) He will then look around for any other Spook to follow their lead, *We can't all be trackers.*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Zzazz » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 83
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 16
APM: 4

Conditions:
- PPE: 103 / 103 at end of post
- ISP: 156 / 156
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind / 1st round only)
Sense Supernatural Evil (Automatic / Range: 340 ft / 50% = 1d100 = 95 )
Opening Oneself to the Supernatural
The Mystic can open himself to the supernatural, with dramatic effects.
The mage can become a medium through which Entities and other forces can temporarily
communicate by speaking through him. The Mystic temporarily (1D6+1 minutes) becomes their vessel and cannot think or speak on his own, but others present can ask questions and the spirit may answer
(truthfully or not). The Mystic barely remembers the incident when it's all done.
receptive to all forms of telepathic and empathic communication, including +10% to receive a Ley Line Transmission when in the "opened" state.
An open state trance requires that the Mystic focus all of his thoughts and essence on becoming one with the supernatural energies.
In this state, the mystic cannot speak or take any action. He simply sits motionless, like a statue. While in the trance, the character becomes completely invisible to all psionic probes (sort of a cosmic mind blank) and even becomes physically invisible to those around him as he seems to melt into the environment. One might think of this as a psychic Prowl or magic Chameleon, only the Mystic does not move.
Success ratio for invisibility (unseen by all) is 60% +5% and is only seen if the person is actively looking for him. Even if detected, the character is +8 to save vs psionic attack and +4 to save versus magic attacks while in the trance state.
In an open state, the character can continue to Sense Supernatural Evil as described previously, but now he can get a picture of what it is (lesser, greater, demonic lord, dark god, etc.) and approximately where it is (near, far, and general direction). The Mystic can also "feel" large fluxes of energy, magic power, P.P.E. (20 P.P.E. or more), the opening of dimensional portals, the arrival of Ancient Evil, the flow of ley line energy, a Ley Line Storm brewing, the presence of Entities and what types, and similar. If so desired, the Mystic who is open to supernatural evil can follow the energy and sensations of the evil and trace them to the creature ' s exact location, provided it is within range. However, the creature will also sense him and know where he is located!
Range: 800 foot radius
No I.S.P. cost.
Note: The character loses any chance for initiative and forfeits one attack/action per melee when
in sensing mode. However, he is
+8 vs psionic attack and possession
+4 vs magic
+3 on Perception Rolls involving the supernatural while in the trance state.



Skills -
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% / 1d100 = 11 - friendly smile
Lore : Dino 55% / 1d100 = 89 - assess dino flesh

Post
Zzazz will spend his time trying to make his quarters feel like home. ”This is gonna take some shopping. If i was back south, i could just go out into the wild and gather some stuff. I will have to make a list and then see if this place has what i want.” Zzazz will make notes as he thinks of things to add.

He will take time to talk to Grimloq’s dinostang, Thumper, in hopes of learning more about them. He will try to make sure he adds things for them in his plans. He takes the time to assist any others with anything he can help with. Finally in his free time, he will learn how to use the MT intranet. ”Maybe i can find a way to learn something. Back home i could try to go school, but not sure of what is here.”

Seeing Lahz do his perimeter checks has Zzazz curious. After asking questions and discovering the issue. Zzazz offers to help. ”Let me see if i can find anything with help from the spirits.”

He will then return to his room, and then will kneel and sit on his feet. Breathing calmly, he opens himself to the supernatural. ”Spirits assist me!!” He will let the universe send him some information,if any.
User avatar
Zzazz
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 am

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm

[1 week out]
Lahz decides to leverage his knowledge of the shifted camera to try to trap their surveyors. After assessing his options, the psi-tech decides to install an additional camera on a nearby warehouse. Not having permission outright to do so, he has the option either to reach out to the warehouse owner/operator to request permission, or perform a little bit of spywork himself and install it covertly in the middle of the night.

((Neither is done yet. A decision needs to be made on if/how you wish to pursue this.))

[3 weeks out]

[Grimloq]
Grimloq hears Ronan's call over the radio and confirms to the members back at the Haunt that there is no coordinated attack happening simultaneously at the Hangar. Still, the Grackle Tooth's suspicions are raised and he decides to perform some additional patrols to make sure there is no funny stuff going on. He decides to go clockwise and asks Thumper to rotate the opposite direction, starting the patrol counterclockwise.

Whether due to being absent minded at not being where the action is, or simply stuck in a moment of quiet, Grimloq doesn't spot anything out of the unusual on his patrol. In fact, the only strangeness is that he doesn't bump into Thumper halfway around his patrol (as one might expect if both Grimloq and Thumper move at the same speed), but rather 3/4ths of the way around. Thumper appears to have some manner of white powder speckling his muzzle, suggesting that he found or got into something during his patrol.

[Lahz]
Lahz locks up his power armor then settles into the sort of deep meditation required to project his astral being. Once free of his mortal coil, he zips over to the spot where the spy had previously been seen. Despite the possibility, nobody is there. The elven psi-tech is about to zip off to the Haunt at top speed when he spots a discarded cigarette tucked between two crates. Even half-consumed, it bears the tell-tale insignia of a runic dragon design. Something in his mind provides sudden clarity. The cigarette is a high end variety of which Lahz has seen on offer only at The Palace casino in the high rollers poker table. Whether or not this cigarette belongs to their mystery guest however, is unclear.

The psi-tech makes great time over to the Haunt and reaches out with his mind to disarm the 'bomb'. However, the moment he directs his telemechanic ability at the package, he recognizes its fraudulent nature. Though there is very obviously a trigger, the remainder of the 'bomb' is a useless mass of wires attached to lead bricks. Anyone who had any talent at demolitions would be able to spot the dud if the package had been opened to any degree. There is nothing for Lahz to diffuse.

[Zzazz]
Thumper is a pretty simple dinostang. He prefers not to be bopped in the nose. Sometimes he wonders if Grimloq could stand to lose a few pounds. But most of the time it is just fun chasing things down. He wouldn't consider himself an adrenaline junkie, but as long as he's got the room to run and those bright things don't bite into him too much... and he's got plenty of feed... he's a happy camper.

The Lyvorrk's attempt to open himself up to the spirits does not yield much fruit. There are certainly spirits about. But none of them have any idea about anything related to someone sulking about spying on the Hangar. He does learn from a chatty spirit about a scrumptious rhubarb and strawberry pie though. Turns out the secret is to leave the butter chopped up cold so that when it cooks, you've got pockets of fat baked right in.
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Grimloq » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:41 pm

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 9
Thumper Perception vs 20%:1d100 = 100
JIC:1d100 = 32|1d20 = 16
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 1
Detect Ambush vs 55%:1d100 = 40
Trap/Mine Detection vs 40%: 1d100 = 98

Aegis of No Retreat wrote:[3 weeks out]
Whether due to being absent minded at not being where the action is, or simply stuck in a moment of quiet, Grimloq doesn't spot anything out of the unusual on his patrol. In fact, the only strangeness is that he doesn't bump into Thumper halfway around his patrol (as one might expect if both Grimloq and Thumper move at the same speed), but rather 3/4ths of the way around. Thumper appears to have some manner of white powder speckling his muzzle, suggesting that he found or got into something during his patrol.


Grimloq rubs Thumpers muzzle with his hand, then tastes a tiny sample of the powder by touching his tongue to it. ”You ok girl? Lets go.” He will pat her flank as he comes up along her side before pulling himself into the saddle. and then once again resume his circle, at a faster clip. ”Nothing spotted yet. Continuing the perimeter search.”

Who would attack this outfit in the middle of Merctown? That is some Arch-Villain level revenge plans. Can’t think of anyone else who would go through so much effort. That’s why there must be no survivors.

Grimloq will continue his search, also keeping an eye on the state of his Dinostang. When he gets back to the entrance of the compound, he will reenter it, and make his way to where Lahz had set up for his Spirit journey, just making sure his body is safe, as requested. He will leave Thumper at the entrance to the hanger itself, if nothing more than a large body-block to the interior of the building.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Hat: 10/10
L. Arm: 12/12 | R. Arm: 12/12
Body: 36/36
L. Leg: 16/16 | R. Leg: 16/16

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Lahz » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:31 pm

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 91 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 8
JiC D100: 1d100 = 87

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 68




Aegis of No Retreat wrote:Lahz decides to leverage his knowledge of the shifted camera to try to trap their surveyors. After assessing his options, the psi-tech decides to install an additional camera on a nearby warehouse. Not having permission outright to do so, he has the option either to reach out to the warehouse owner/operator to request permission, or perform a little bit of spywork himself and install it covertly in the middle of the night.

((Neither is done yet. A decision needs to be made on if/how you wish to pursue this.))


Lahz has no interest in giving neighbors insight into Spooks' issues, to do so, he will use a combination of Astral Projection (8 ISP, 90 Min), Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 130', 9.00 Min) and Telekinesis: Super (30 ISP = 300lbs, 900', 18.00 Min, RUE p.182) to fly the camera up and out into a night-sky, then tap it into power in an (ideally) unused area to allow for remote monitoring of the scout's blind.

Electronic Countermeasures 61% 1d100 = 48
Read Sensory Equipment 93% 1d100 = 13
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Airport: Spooks' Hangar (1b)

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:14 am

As Grimloq brings the tiny bit of white powder extracted from Thumper's muzzle up to his face, he can immediately understand the appeal. There is a strong sickly-sweet smell associated with it. Putting powder to tongue, the taste is similar to the smell, sweet with an acrid bitter aftertaste, but altogether not too unpleasant.

Not having much experience with chemistry, the Grackle Tooth doesn't think much more on it. He mounts his trusty steed and resumes the patrol. Immediately, he can notice a sluggish change in Thumper's responsiveness to verbal and non-verbal commands. Even more irksome, Thumper seems to have developed a tendency to drift to the left when told to go straight.

By the time they complete the circle (which is not particularly far), Grimloq's dinostang's lethargy has increased to the point where he no longer feels comfortable burdening Thumper with his weight. Instead, he is leading his companion to the hangar. Crossing the threshold into the hangar, Grimloq feels a tiny bit of gastrointestinal discomfort (a rarity given his supernatural consitution) and his stomach grumbles in protest to something.

((If you intend to explore Thumper's ailment, kindly include any relevant skill rolls. Otherwise any information/description given will be very generic and may not lead go a good diagnosis.))
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad


Return to The Outskirts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest