Welcome to MercTown

Coming to MercTown via land? You'll have to enter through one of the City Gates. A free MAP and GUIDE of MercTown is provided upon arrival.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Welcome to MercTown

Postby Merchant of Death » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Image

As you approach the massive, fortified, outer walls of MercTown a voice booms at you once you are within five hundred feet or so.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.
I buy all weapons, I sell most weapons, and I can use any weapons.
User avatar
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 pm
Location: MODERATOR: Arms Bazaar

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 6
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC d100: 1d100 = 19

Current Effects: Encumbered.

A dusty, ragged, overburdened armored figure slowly approaches the gates on foot. The figure is getting even more layers as each vehicle passes by in either direction.

I can't believe I hiked all this crap twenty miles back to MercTown. I think I'm beginning to see why shipping costs are so high. Hell at 40 miles, I'd need a new spine.

Kat wordlessly hands over her (likely dust-covered) ID card and her (undoubtedly dust-caked) Duffle Bag and L-20 Rifle. The City Rat then sets down her backpack and creates a dust cloud by beating herself off as best she can.

Kat mutters to herself "Home, sweet home." I need a bath, this armor needs repairs, my backup needs repairs, I need a drink, and I need to check on Mom and Jason. After the drink and bath. Drink. Bath. No? Bath. Drink. Yes. Bath. Drink. Sleep. Mom and Jason. Repairs. Kat nods to herself, as if the world was suddenly arranged perfectly.

Only when the guard head back does Kat's brain really engage. Zeus, please let that nonsense in the Swap Meet be ancient history.

If everything checks out, Kat hefts her backpack, says "Thanks. Stay safe." and wanders into town at least 40 pounds lighter.

(Hub--- Ambassador Suites (33))
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:07 am

As John approaches the gates of MercTown, he repeatedly goes through a checklist in his head. First check in with Taen, then sell the furs, then find a place to stay, then look for work. He looks warily at the crowd, trying to pick out any Coalition troops. Hope there's no Coalition around, heard MercTown is friendly to them. And if they are here, hope I can drag them into an alley...

John answers most questions on the form honestly, including name, but if there's a section for 'powers' he only fills in Can Control Housecats.

Perception: 1d20+3 = 21
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 68
John Altfeld
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 187/187
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,050/15/150/510/1,050

Number of Attacks: 6
Initiative Bonus: +3
Strike Bonus: +5
Parry Bonus: +9
Dodge Bonus: +12
Auto-Dodge: +5
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 181d100 = 17

Ernstweavel slowly meandered his way towards the front gate. Tightening his grip on his staff with every stride. His eyes shifting from side to side, erratically. Thinking to himself Shit! How I hate new towns but I need a drink badly. Still got to watch out for those damn CS boys. I don't need anymore of them. Keep quiet and don't stay long is all I need to do but first that drink.

Ernstweavel reluctantly walks up to the first guard he looked upon. With a bit of dryness in his voice, Ernst asks “Where can I find the nearest establishment that serves local refreshments? Also, in what direction is the Mage's quarter?” Ernst adjusts his weight and leans on his staff, patiently waiting for the reply.
P.P.E.: 122 / 122
H.P.: 27 / 27
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:06 am

Since the guards seem to have no special interest in John, we makes his way through the crowd and goes to visit his friend Taen at Badgerbold Cartographers http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=171&t=6419.
John Altfeld
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 187/187
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,050/15/150/510/1,050

Number of Attacks: 6
Initiative Bonus: +3
Strike Bonus: +5
Parry Bonus: +9
Dodge Bonus: +12
Auto-Dodge: +5
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Augur » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:24 pm

John and Ernstweavel are both confronted by a guard who is clearly going through the motions. He hands each a simple brochure (in English and Spanish) filled with few words and lots of iconic symbols denoting all the various districts and major venues in each. He then listens to his earpiece. He looks up to Ernstweavel. "You're a mage. You should know the rules. Head to the Collegiate if you need a refresher."

He then looks at John. "You're an aberration. Don't use your abilities to violate the personal or property rights of anyone in town, or you'll be registered and banished at the very least. Enjoy your stay."
Image
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Ernstweavel » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Ernstweavel takes the boucher from the guard and nods in agreement and uttering a half hearted "Thanks." After adjusting his backpack, Ernstweavel begins to walk through the city gates. Thinking to himself Man, if these guards are this relaxed all the time, I should keep my eyes open. Who knows what might have sliped passed them. As Ernstweavel starts to wandering past all of the various townfolk, he is brought back into reality. After scanning the street to find his bearings, he quickens his stride to quench his thirst.

>> The Job Market Cafe (30) <<
P.P.E.: 122 / 122
H.P.: 27 / 27
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:49 am

Augur wrote:He then looks at John. "You're an aberration. Don't use your abilities to violate the personal or property rights of anyone in town, or you'll be registered and banished at the very least. Enjoy your stay."


John mutters to himself "You're an aberration." Then he raises his voice, "Thank you, of course I won't violate anything. I take it you're not a cat person?"

Exeunt to >>Badgerbold Cartographers (96)<<
John Altfeld
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 187/187
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,050/15/150/510/1,050

Number of Attacks: 6
Initiative Bonus: +3
Strike Bonus: +5
Parry Bonus: +9
Dodge Bonus: +12
Auto-Dodge: +5
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Two Claws » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Perception:1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 21

Two Claws sits upon her trusty steed, Has Has. Slowing down to a slow walk as the city gates come into veiw. The closer they get the more anxious Two Claws gets. Covered in sweat and dirt from the long days of traviling. All she wants is a hot bath and then get back into the saddle and take down a few criminals. Two Claws always enjoyed the thrill of the hunt. Putting her skills the max. Trying to see where her limits are and then seeing if she can surpass it. When the guards come into veiw, Two Claws tightens her grip on the reigns. She always hated learing new laws and customs but then it's a part of the job. She stops Has Has just in front of the guards. "Which ways to the bath house?" Speaking sternly as not to show any weakness and waiting stoically for a reply.
User avatar
Two Claws
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Susan Lee » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Susan approaches the city gates of Merctown cautiously, looking around at the crowds, intimidated. There are SO MANY warriors here! I had heard, but it's different seeing it first hand!

When the guard hands her the form, she fills it out scrupulously and checks her answers three times.

I don't even know where to start, this Job Market Cafe might be the best place to start putting together an exploratory expedition? It's as good a place as any to try first, I suppose.

She then walks to the Job Market Cafe (30).

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 93
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Two Claws » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:24 am

-Rolls carried over-

Waiting patiently for reply of the guards, Two Claws' frustration begins to mount. Not wanting to upset or offend them, she does ger best to keep her composure. Having enough of of their inability for a response, she proceeds Has Has through the guard and gates. Afterwards she then starts making her way to business district. Surley there someone will give her more aid than whats she's getting now.

Finds her way to --The Spokes--
User avatar
Two Claws
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Consumer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 am

A gate guard eventually makes their way to Two Claws. "Morning Ma'am, first time to our city?" He questions, while pulling a small electronic tablet from his utility belt. "We have some basic rules, no power armor or robot combat vehicles, No long arms or explosives, and no demonic creatures." The guard looks the young Totem Warrior up and down, obviously checking her obvious belongings. "You don't seem to have anything of the sort, and none of our scanners seem to have an issue with you. So I'll just need you to fill out this form real quick to the best of your ability." The young man says as he hands the tablet to Two Claws. "If you do not know how to read, press the button in the right corner and the device will read each question for you and accept vocal input for the answers." The young guard waits while Two Claws fills out the form, before taking it and looking it over real quick. "All seems in order, you'll likely want to stable your horse at the Ostrosaurus Express, they're real good with animals of all kinds. If you're looking for work I suggest the Job Market Cafe. It's really a hub of mercenary activity." The young man says before handing Two Claws a paper brochure-style map of the city with the major sites marked on it. "To help you get around a little easier. Have a pleasant day" The guard says before moving on to the next person in line.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)


Return to The City Gates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron