Welcome to MercTown

Coming to MercTown via land? You'll have to enter through one of the City Gates. A free MAP and GUIDE of MercTown is provided upon arrival.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Welcome to MercTown

Postby Merchant of Death » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Image

As you approach the massive, fortified, outer walls of MercTown a voice booms at you once you are within five hundred feet or so.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.
I buy all weapons, I sell most weapons, and I can use any weapons.
User avatar
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 pm
Location: MODERATOR: Arms Bazaar

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 6
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC d100: 1d100 = 19

Current Effects: Encumbered.

A dusty, ragged, overburdened armored figure slowly approaches the gates on foot. The figure is getting even more layers as each vehicle passes by in either direction.

I can't believe I hiked all this crap twenty miles back to MercTown. I think I'm beginning to see why shipping costs are so high. Hell at 40 miles, I'd need a new spine.

Kat wordlessly hands over her (likely dust-covered) ID card and her (undoubtedly dust-caked) Duffle Bag and L-20 Rifle. The City Rat then sets down her backpack and creates a dust cloud by beating herself off as best she can.

Kat mutters to herself "Home, sweet home." I need a bath, this armor needs repairs, my backup needs repairs, I need a drink, and I need to check on Mom and Jason. After the drink and bath. Drink. Bath. No? Bath. Drink. Yes. Bath. Drink. Sleep. Mom and Jason. Repairs. Kat nods to herself, as if the world was suddenly arranged perfectly.

Only when the guard head back does Kat's brain really engage. Zeus, please let that nonsense in the Swap Meet be ancient history.

If everything checks out, Kat hefts her backpack, says "Thanks. Stay safe." and wanders into town at least 40 pounds lighter.

(Hub--- Ambassador Suites (33))
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:07 am

As John approaches the gates of MercTown, he repeatedly goes through a checklist in his head. First check in with Taen, then sell the furs, then find a place to stay, then look for work. He looks warily at the crowd, trying to pick out any Coalition troops. Hope there's no Coalition around, heard MercTown is friendly to them. And if they are here, hope I can drag them into an alley...

John answers most questions on the form honestly, including name, but if there's a section for 'powers' he only fills in Can Control Housecats.

Perception: 1d20+3 = 21
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 68
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 181d100 = 17

Ernstweavel slowly meandered his way towards the front gate. Tightening his grip on his staff with every stride. His eyes shifting from side to side, erratically. Thinking to himself Shit! How I hate new towns but I need a drink badly. Still got to watch out for those damn CS boys. I don't need anymore of them. Keep quiet and don't stay long is all I need to do but first that drink.

Ernstweavel reluctantly walks up to the first guard he looked upon. With a bit of dryness in his voice, Ernst asks “Where can I find the nearest establishment that serves local refreshments? Also, in what direction is the Mage's quarter?” Ernst adjusts his weight and leans on his staff, patiently waiting for the reply.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:06 am

Since the guards seem to have no special interest in John, we makes his way through the crowd and goes to visit his friend Taen at Badgerbold Cartographers http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=171&t=6419.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Augur » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:24 pm

John and Ernstweavel are both confronted by a guard who is clearly going through the motions. He hands each a simple brochure (in English and Spanish) filled with few words and lots of iconic symbols denoting all the various districts and major venues in each. He then listens to his earpiece. He looks up to Ernstweavel. "You're a mage. You should know the rules. Head to the Collegiate if you need a refresher."

He then looks at John. "You're an aberration. Don't use your abilities to violate the personal or property rights of anyone in town, or you'll be registered and banished at the very least. Enjoy your stay."
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5053
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Ernstweavel » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Ernstweavel takes the boucher from the guard and nods in agreement and uttering a half hearted "Thanks." After adjusting his backpack, Ernstweavel begins to walk through the city gates. Thinking to himself Man, if these guards are this relaxed all the time, I should keep my eyes open. Who knows what might have sliped passed them. As Ernstweavel starts to wandering past all of the various townfolk, he is brought back into reality. After scanning the street to find his bearings, he quickens his stride to quench his thirst.

>> The Job Market Cafe (30) <<
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:49 am

Augur wrote:He then looks at John. "You're an aberration. Don't use your abilities to violate the personal or property rights of anyone in town, or you'll be registered and banished at the very least. Enjoy your stay."


John mutters to himself "You're an aberration." Then he raises his voice, "Thank you, of course I won't violate anything. I take it you're not a cat person?"

Exeunt to >>Badgerbold Cartographers (96)<<
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Two Claws » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Perception:1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 21

Two Claws sits upon her trusty steed, Has Has. Slowing down to a slow walk as the city gates come into veiw. The closer they get the more anxious Two Claws gets. Covered in sweat and dirt from the long days of traviling. All she wants is a hot bath and then get back into the saddle and take down a few criminals. Two Claws always enjoyed the thrill of the hunt. Putting her skills the max. Trying to see where her limits are and then seeing if she can surpass it. When the guards come into veiw, Two Claws tightens her grip on the reigns. She always hated learing new laws and customs but then it's a part of the job. She stops Has Has just in front of the guards. "Which ways to the bath house?" Speaking sternly as not to show any weakness and waiting stoically for a reply.
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Susan Lee » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Susan approaches the city gates of Merctown cautiously, looking around at the crowds, intimidated. There are SO MANY warriors here! I had heard, but it's different seeing it first hand!

When the guard hands her the form, she fills it out scrupulously and checks her answers three times.

I don't even know where to start, this Job Market Cafe might be the best place to start putting together an exploratory expedition? It's as good a place as any to try first, I suppose.

She then walks to the Job Market Cafe (30).

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 93
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Two Claws » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:24 am

-Rolls carried over-

Waiting patiently for reply of the guards, Two Claws' frustration begins to mount. Not wanting to upset or offend them, she does ger best to keep her composure. Having enough of of their inability for a response, she proceeds Has Has through the guard and gates. Afterwards she then starts making her way to business district. Surley there someone will give her more aid than whats she's getting now.

Finds her way to --The Spokes--
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Consumer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 am

A gate guard eventually makes their way to Two Claws. "Morning Ma'am, first time to our city?" He questions, while pulling a small electronic tablet from his utility belt. "We have some basic rules, no power armor or robot combat vehicles, No long arms or explosives, and no demonic creatures." The guard looks the young Totem Warrior up and down, obviously checking her obvious belongings. "You don't seem to have anything of the sort, and none of our scanners seem to have an issue with you. So I'll just need you to fill out this form real quick to the best of your ability." The young man says as he hands the tablet to Two Claws. "If you do not know how to read, press the button in the right corner and the device will read each question for you and accept vocal input for the answers." The young guard waits while Two Claws fills out the form, before taking it and looking it over real quick. "All seems in order, you'll likely want to stable your horse at the Ostrosaurus Express, they're real good with animals of all kinds. If you're looking for work I suggest the Job Market Cafe. It's really a hub of mercenary activity." The young man says before handing Two Claws a paper brochure-style map of the city with the major sites marked on it. "To help you get around a little easier. Have a pleasant day" The guard says before moving on to the next person in line.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Corrigan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Perception: 1d20 | 1d20 = 19
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 2
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 32
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 5

Corrigan arrives in MercTown with a trade caravan.

Drawing her pay of twenty thousand credits, she departs their camp a little ways outside of MercTown and makes her way towards the gates with her pack snugly on her back and her rifle slung lazily over her shoulder. It's been a long trip but she's full of the anticipation that comes from returning to a familiar setting. MercTown isn't Kingsdale and it never will be, but the come and go of armed people and the movement of technology and vehicles is a good feeling to her.

Anywhere but in the kitchen. She thinks to herself as she joins the queue of people waiting to see the guards and clear 'customs'.

She's pleasant, and offers a smile when she reaches them.

These people are just doing their jobs afterall.

"Aye, what'll it be? How many pounds of paperwork?" She asks, the smile turning into a genuine one.

Any forms that are reasonable will be filled out, though she lists 'Ironwind' as her last name -- her maiden name, rather than any married one.
User avatar
Corrigan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 pm
Location: MercTown

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Townsend » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:46 pm

((OOC: Aw, nuts. Someone did a really good standard spiel and now it's been wiped clean. Oh well.))


Corrigan wrote:"Aye, what'll it be? How many pounds of paperwork?" She asks, the smile turning into a genuine one.


"Morning Ma'am, first time to our city?" The guard smiles black while pulling a small electronic tablet from his utility belt and hands it to Corrigan. "We have some basic rules -- don't violate the personal or property rights of anyone in town, no power armor or robot combat vehicles, No long-barrel arms, heavy weapons or explosives, and no demonic creatures. Please fill out this form to the best of your ability. If you do not know how to read, press the button in the right corner and the device will read each question for you and accept vocal input for the answers."

Once the lady dwarf (dwarfette?) hands it back to him he looks over it while holding his hand up to his ear. "Yep, everything seems to be in order, but you'll need to hand over that rifle of yours before you go in. There's a security center just over there and they'll give you a claim ticket so you can retrieve it when you come back out..." he points to a structure just to the side and behind him. "If you're looking for work I suggest the Job Market Cafe. Lots of jobs posted and you can often find groups looking to hire on hands." He hands Corrigan a paper map of the city and draws a circle around the JMC's location. "Here you go, this should help you get around town better. Don't worry if you lose it, we have more at the other guard posts and most of the larger merchants have them as well. And welcome to MercTown!"

The guard nods and smiles once more before moving on to the next person in line.
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Corrigan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Perception: 1d20 | 1d20 = 18
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 8
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 12
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 3

Well, that's not so bad.

Corrigan murmurs to herself, thumbing through the various questions and answering them.

She hands the pad back, but keeps the map.

"Can probably keep to that set of rules."

A small grin, and then she remembers that law enforcement in these places never has any sense of humor.

"I'll keep out of trouble. Thankye for your time."

The first thing that she does is hunt down a smoke, not go to the place recommended. Wherever in MercTown she can find it, a few quality cigars, a good quality pipe and a supply of several types of very fine tobacco. She also takes the time to hunt down a good quality SDC, lever-action rifle (45-70 caliber, please.), as well as 100 rounds of ammunition, 50 empty brass rounds, 50 primers and enough power to make 50 strong reloads.

/Then/ when everything is comfortably secured and distributed in her pack and among her person does she head into MercTown.
OOC: Just let me know how much!
User avatar
Corrigan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 pm
Location: MercTown

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95
JiC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 37

The gates of Merctown! as Jack rides up, he thinks to himself, maybe this time I can make a go of it. The money is almost gone, and resources are running thin. It might be time to make some friends, but who? It had been a long ride and Jack was ready to get off the boar and find something to eat. I hope I don’t have any troubles getting in. Jack stops for a second to put his face buff on under his helmet then continues on.

As he gets closer the voice booms… Dang, these guys are more paranoid than I am. ” I’ll Comply, Don’t worry.” Jack hands over the required items and asks “ Where can I get a good bite to eat?”
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Zoe Barenger » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:04 pm

"Morning Sir, first time visiting?" The guard smiles while pulling a small electronic tablet from his utility belt and hands it to Jack. "We have some basic rules -- don't violate the personal or property rights of anyone in town, no power armor or robot combat vehicles, No long-barrel arms, heavy weapons or explosives, and no demonic creatures. Please fill out this form to the best of your ability. If you do not know how to read, press the button in the right corner and the device will read each question for you and accept vocal input for the answers." The guard steps back and waits for Jack to finish


Once Jack hands it back to him, the guard looks over it. "Yep, everything seems to be in order, but you'll need to hand over that rifle of yours before you go in. There's a security center just over there and they'll give you a claim ticket so you can retrieve it when you come back out..." he points to a structure just to the side and behind him. "If you're looking for work I suggest the Job Market Cafe. Lots of jobs posted and you can often find groups looking to hire on hands." He hands over a paper map of the city and draws a circle around the JMC's location. "Here you go, this should help you get around town better. Don't worry if you lose it, we have more at the other guard posts and most of the larger merchants have them as well. And welcome to MercTown!"

The guard nods and smiles once more before moving on to the next person in line.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Perception 1d100 = 57
JIC 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 37

Zoe Barenger wrote:"Morning Sir, first time visiting?" The guard smiles while pulling a small electronic tablet from his utility belt and hands it to Jack. "We have some basic rules -- don't violate the personal or property rights of anyone in town, no power armor or robot combat vehicles, No long-barrel arms, heavy weapons or explosives, and no demonic creatures. Please fill out this form to the best of your ability. If you do not know how to read, press the button in the right corner and the device will read each question for you and accept vocal input for the answers." The guard steps back and waits for Jack to finish


Well, this guy seems friendly enough, not at all what I expected. I wonder if he has some kind of agenda? Maybe he is trying to lull me into a false sense of security... Jack thinks to himself

Zoe Barenger wrote:Once Jack hands it back to him, the guard looks over it. "Yep, everything seems to be in order, but you'll need to hand over that rifle of yours before you go in. There's a security center just over there and they'll give you a claim ticket so you can retrieve it when you come back out..." he points to a structure just to the side and behind him. "If you're looking for work I suggest the Job Market Cafe. Lots of jobs posted and you can often find groups looking to hire on hands." He hands over a paper map of the city and draws a circle around the JMC's location. "Here you go, this should help you get around town better. Don't worry if you lose it, we have more at the other guard posts and most of the larger merchants have them as well. And welcome to MercTown!"


'I appreciate your time." Jack tells the guard. He walks over to the security center the man pointed out and hands over his rifle and waits for his ticket. Once Jack recieves his ticket he politely says "Thank you" hops on boar and heads over to the hub to find the Job Market café.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 42
JIC: 1d20 = 3 and 1d100 = 96

Back to the gates, This sucks. Jack gets off of the boar and searches through his pockets for his check stub for his rifle as he walks up to the main gate. Every so often he looks back to make sure the nymph is behind him and hasn't driven off on him. Amazing, you can’t even tell she has such hairy legs anymore.

He finally finds the ticket and pulls it out right as he gets to the check window. ”Hey babe, I’ll only be a minute” he calls back to the woman. Is she though? he wonders.

He hands the ticket to the attendant at the window. ”It’s been real but it’s time to hit the road. Would appreciate it if you could grab my rifle for me.” Jack watches closely to make sure he gets his rifle and not someone else’s. Once he receives it he check it thoroughly.

With his rifle in hand he heads back to the goat chick. ”Ok, I’m good to go now. Maybe on the way back we can go straight to Magic Missives without stopping here?” he says to her with a wink. I hope she doesn't ruffey me and try to steal my kidney.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Zoe Barenger » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:21 am

Atria gives a coy little giggle as she replies. ”I am just here to help you get to your destination. Your return is your problem.” She waits a few moments to see if he is ready to leave. She walks to a spot about 20 ft away. Seductively she says, over her shoulder. ”Mount up, cowboy. The light show is about to begin.” She turns back front and starts to sway slowly. After a few seconds, the swaying begins to speed up into a high speed dance, then with a flourish, there is a splash like water, and a swirling vortex appears. It is 10 feet by 10 feet in size and looks like surface of water with ripples radiating out from the middle. opens. ”This will take you to your destination. Just drive thru.” As he passes, Jack hears a whisper ”Godspeed.” Once he has passed thru, it disappears with a slight pop.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Calamity John » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:51 am

Perception 19%(+5% for spotting a deal): 1d100 = 4
JIC d20:1d20 = 18
JIC d100: 1d100 = 69

Travel Information & Tips 56%: 1d100 = 73
Roadwise 40% (+10% traveling Merchants): 1d100 = 12
Charm/Impress 20%: 1d100 = 97
Invoke Trust/Intimidate 35%: 1d100 = 43

In Today's Episode of Something About John

John drives his dust-covered Cargonaut up to the gates, waiting his turn in line. The Black Marketeer looks over who else is in the queue, seeing if he recognizes any fellow merchants. All the while he's tapping his steering wheel to a beat all his own, creating the opening theme for the latest episode of the television series in his head. I just made you up to hurt myself.

When it comes to his turn at the gate, John puts on the big smile. "Hello there, handsome*. Just here to do a little peddling, a little purchasing. Maybe get into a little pleasure after business is completed." John winks at the guard at the last bit of his statement.

Filling out the proper paperwork, he empties 'Papa Slayer'** of it's special ammunition and hands it over to the guard. Once cleared, the Black Marketeer makes his way to his favorite restaurant in town.

(Spokes: Celestial Dragon)

*handsome becomes gorgeous if the security guard is female.
**The name of John's NEMA Liberator.
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Captain Cardea » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:50 pm

The gate sentry looks over John’s paperwork slowly and thoroughly. He looks at the Nema Liberator very closely. ”I appreciate you unloading the weapon, your gonna need to check that in with us here. You are welcome to come back and pick it up on your way out.” The guard takes the weapon from John and turns it over several times before he locates a serial number. He writes the serial number down on a receipt and tares off the stub and hands it to John.

The guard looks to his left, points to a security station and says, ”when your ready to leave take your receipt to one of the people over there and they will retrieve your rifle for you. Please refrain from any violent activity while you are staying with us. As soon as he finishes he waves For John to continue through the gate and moves his focus onto the next person in line.
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 52 / 22%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 19
JIC (100): 1d100 = 80

Yojimbo approaches the gate and stops when the voice booms.

Long arms... I suppose that means they'll want this he thinks, as he removes the Helical magazine from his KLS-RG-15X and puts it on his chest rig.

He then holds out the unloaded KLS-RG-15X by its barrel so that anyone can see, and begins to approach slowly.

Assuming he is allowed to continue to the gate, he begins to remove his poncho, and will await further instruction and examination by the guard(s) as he approaches at a steady, measured pace, so as not to alarm anyone.

This seems to be standard procedure for many of the places I have visited in this land. 'Merctown.' The people at the last village told me this place would have interesting opportunities for me. Let's see if they were right...
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Zoe Barenger » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:01 am

As Yojimbo approaches, pedestrians as well as vehicles tend to move out of his path. It is a little unsettling, with some of the looks and all, but nothing as bad as he has experienced. It is a nice area. While walking, he has gotten to see the basics of human life, as well as a few Dbee communities. The area becomes busier and busier as he gets closer.

Once he comes within a couple hundred feet, he seems some bustling amonst the guards. Hearijng the voice, he stops. As he moves to remove the clip in his rifle, one of the guards pushes another guard towards Yojimbo. The guard is shaky as he approaches. Looking at him, Yojimbo notices there is only 1 chevron on his armor. Obviously a rookie, but has some heart. With a glace at the gate, Yojimbo sees the other guards chuckling.

The young guard looks him up and down. ”St..St...STA...State your name and business.” He then follows as Yojimbo moves closer to the gate. ”Sir?? Please stop and state your name and business??!” The guard on the left gives a chuckle ”Relax, Perkins. He/it isn't attacking, so let him speak.” He then looks back at Yojimbo. ”I have seen a lot of folk come thru here, but nothing like you. I kinda see the oriental influence to your armor. I like it.” with an approving smile, he motions with his chin at the guard on the right.

The other guard holds out a tablet, then looks at Yojimbo, then back to the tablet, then back at Yojimbo’s hands. ”Ummm, fill this out and give it when you are finished.” He waits with the tablet in his outstretched hand.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86 / 22%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 18
JIC (100): 1d100 = 44

Zoe Barenger wrote:Once he comes within a couple hundred feet, he seems some bustling amonst the guards. Hearijng the voice, he stops. As he moves to remove the clip in his rifle, one of the guards pushes another guard towards Yojimbo. The guard is shaky as he approaches. Looking at him, Yojimbo notices there is only 1 chevron on his armor. Obviously a rookie, but has some heart. With a glace at the gate, Yojimbo sees the other guards chuckling.


This game is universal, it seems - a hazing ritual, of sorts. Nevertheless, I shall play along.

Zoe Barenger wrote:The young guard looks him up and down. ”St..St...STA...State your name and business.” He then follows as Yojimbo moves closer to the gate. ”Sir?? Please stop and state your name and business??!”


Yojimbo is about to state his name and business to the nervous young guard (while continuing to walk) when he hears the order to stop. He immediately complies.

"I am Yojimbo. I seek opportunities in Merctown," says the Holy Terror in his partially modulated voice. He then turns his head and looks directly at the young guard. "I mean no harm and do not wish to cause offense to you, young man. I respect your position and will comply with any and all orders to the best of my ability."

Zoe Barenger wrote:The guard on the left gives a chuckle ”Relax, Perkins. He/it isn't attacking, so let him speak.” He then looks back at Yojimbo. ”I have seen a lot of folk come thru here, but nothing like you. I kinda see the oriental influence to your armor. I like it.” with an approving smile, he motions with his chin at the guard on the right.


Yojimbo remains silent, initially unsure whether or not the guard's compliment is genuine or if he is the butt of a strange joke.

Skill Roll: Anthropology (to avoid any social mistake/offending the guards)--> 1d100 = 28 / 42%

He decides to give the benefit of the doubt - after all, he is the stranger here - and bows a short bow.

"Arigatōgozaimashita" he replies in Japanese to the guard politely. If the guard looks confused or like he doesn't understand, Yojimbo provides the translation in American - "Thank you."

Zoe Barenger wrote:The other guard holds out a tablet, then looks at Yojimbo, then back to the tablet, then back at Yojimbo’s hands. ”Ummm, fill this out and give it when you are finished.” He waits with the tablet in his outstretched hand.


As Yojimbo takes the tablet gently from the guard, trying not to crush it in his massive three-fingered hands, it begins asking him questions.

Interesting device.

He answers the questions as best he can, and returns it to the guard.

"I beg your pardon, sirs," he says politely, and then follows up with, "I was told that Merctown is a place of opportunity. If you had not already guessed, I am not from around these parts. Perhaps you could direct me to where I can acquire a map of the city, or a place wherein where I can earn my keep? I am a bodyguard and sword-for-hire, by trade."

This seems to be an honorable method to make one's way in this land," he thinks to himself. Still, one must eventually plant roots if one is to grow. Perhaps there is a more permanent role to be found within this town?
Last edited by Yojimbo on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Zoe Barenger » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:20 am

Yojimbo is about to state his name and business to the nervous young guard (while continuing to walk) when he hears the order to stop. He immediately complies.

"I am Yojimbo. I seek opportunities in Merctown," says the Holy Terror in his partially modulated voice. He then turns his head and looks directly at the young guard. "I mean no harm and do not wish to cause offense to you, young man. I respect your position and will comply with any and all orders to the best of my ability."


The young guard almost walks into Yojimbo as he stops. ”Umm..i ….i….sorry.” the other guards start shaking. It is apparent they are laughing. He stops and takes a step back. His helmet face is pointed down as if looking at the floor. As Yojimbo speaks, The young guard looks up. There are a couple of seconds of silence before he responds. ”Umm. *gulp* Thank you.” He moves back to the gates post.

He decides to give the benefit of the doubt - after all, he is the stranger here - and bows a short bow.

"Arigatōgozaimashita" he replies in Japanese to the guard politely. If the guard looks confused or like he doesn't understand, Yojimbo provides the translation in American - "Thank you."


The guard stops and turns to face Yojimbo. ”you are welcome, my large friend. “ He returns the bow. As he stands, ”I have met a lot of people coming thru here. I have picked up a few tricks. Hehe.”

"I beg your pardon, sirs," he says politely, and then follows up with, "I was told that Merctown is a place of opportunity. If you had not already guessed, I am not from around these parts. Perhaps you could direct me to where I can acquire a map of the city or a place wherein where I can earn my keep? I am a bodyguard and sword-for-hire, by trade."


The guard looks up and gently removes the large rifle. In its place, he hands Yojimbo a folded piece of paper. ”This, lad, is a map of Merctown. It should show you want you to need. Otherwise, most residents here are helpful. If need to, just ask someone.”
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:30 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 22%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 6
JIC (100): 1d100 = 23

Zoe Barenger wrote:The guard looks up and gently removes the large rifle. In its place, he hands Yojimbo a folded piece of paper. ”This, lad, is a map of Merctown. It should show you want you to need. Otherwise, most residents here are helpful. If need to, just ask someone.”


Yojimbo thanks the guard, takes his "receipt" and the map, and proceeds to enter the city of MercTown.

Struck by curiosity, he decides to visit the weapons district to see what this "Devilman Exotic Arms" place is all about.

((Devilman Exotic Arms - 121, Arms Bazaar))
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Mon May 06, 2019 4:10 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 23
Init: 1d20 = 7
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 90
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 67
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 23

As you approach the massive, fortified, outer walls of MercTown a voice booms at you once you are within five hundred feet or so.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.



Seymour drives his cargonaut up to the point when the guard motions to stop. Leaning out the window, with his ever-present press hat atop his head, he replies ” Good day gents. I am Seymour Ruiz. I am seeking employment. I am a journalist.” He remains where he is till he is told to move.

” Alright. I made it. Almost no fuel, and down to shots in my shooter. And all I want is some excitement and credits.” he looks at his notes. ” Checklist. Find a teacher to certify training in aikido. Find some excitement to get on film. Sell said film. Last, of all find contacts. I need to make a name for myself here.” he smiles as he remembers ” I knew all the who’s who at home, time to start again. I will try to earn some quick credits with tourist shots for now.’ He opens the door and lounges with one leg dangling,b fiddling with his camera. Every now and again, Seymour checks over his shoulder or looks in the mirrors. ’ just need to stay ahead of them. Anyone here could be watching for me.” He pulls his hat a little further and outs on some sunglasses. His tail twitches nervously the entire time.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby CPR Krueger » Tue May 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Two guards walk up to Seymour. One, a male, stands in the back with his hand on his weapon, but not pointing it in Seymour's direction. The other, a female with blonde hair, approaches and addresses Seymour.

"Journalist, you say? May want to head over to the Warhawk Magazine Co - they claim to be the most popular independent magazine in North America..." says the guard to Seymour as she checks everything out.

"Looks clear over here, Lt. Danvers! Don't see anything out of the ordinary, looks like a/v recording equipment mostly," comes a man's voice from the other side of the vehicle. If Seymour turns around to look, he sees two other guards that he didn't notice the first time slowly circling the vehicle, looking at it from top to bottom and using some sort of handheld scanners.

The guard nods and says, "If you have any long arms or prohibited items, now's the time to tell us so we can check them in. You do not want to get caught in the city limits with contraband, Mr. Ruiz," she says with a serious face. Seymour has been an Information Broker long enough to know when someone is trying to read his reactions and body language.

Assuming Seymour divulges any prohibited contraband, the guards clear him and his vehicle for entry.

"Remember - go to Warhawk Magazine in the Hub district, Mr. Ruiz. Enjoy your stay in Merctown," says Lt. Danvers before waving him through.
User avatar
CPR Krueger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue May 07, 2019 2:24 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 16
Init: 1d20 = 3
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 19
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 87
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 61

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills - N/A
Photography -- 47% / 1d100 = 27



Seymour lifts his hat as the guards approach. ”Wow!! Real merctown defenders! You gotta let me take a pic or at least film this. This is great!” He holds up his hand held camera with a questioning eye. Realizing it may not be a good idea, he waves ”All good. Forget it. Once i am a full reporte, i will be back.” As he heads off, here is a playful shaking of a fist. Just inside the gates, the brakes are applied. Seymour sticks his head out ” How do i get to the HUB?”
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby CPR Krueger » Tue May 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Seymour Ruiz wrote:Just inside the gates, the brakes are applied. Seymour sticks his head out ” How do i get to the HUB?”


Lt. Danvers approaches Seymour's vehicle. "Compliments of Merctown. If you lose this one, you can get another one at the Government House," she says, as she hands a folded map to Seymour. "Monday through Friday, ten hundred through eighteen hundred hours, are the official business times," she follows up with helpfully, and then turns around and shouts something to the other guards behind her.

"If there's nothing else..." she says to Seymour, and nods her head back toward where the other guards are.
User avatar
CPR Krueger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue May 07, 2019 3:39 pm

With a tip of his hat and a happy wave, Seymour heads into merctown.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Naliyah » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 90 /60%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 8
JIC (100): 1d100 = 58

Conditions: None




Merchant of Death wrote:Image

As you approach the massive, fortified, outer walls of MercTown a voice booms at you once you are within five hundred feet or so.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.


Scan away... you humans and your technological dependencies. One day, it will be your undoing! thinks the lioness as she slows her approach.

When a defender approaches her, she will stop moving and simply state, "Hello, I have no long-arms, power armor, or vehicles to speak of. I carry no weapons or armor... only this protective device and personal effects," she says, briefly pointing at her force field generator when she says the word "protective device".
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Underguard » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:54 am

Naliyah is watching the grand wall of Merctown as it's announcement blares and doesn't immediately notice the two defenders that have approached her but hears one of them say "What the hell? Never thought I'd get the call to address the Lion at the Gates..." followed by a slight chuckle.

Naliyah wrote:"Hello, I have no long-arms, power armor, or vehicles to speak of. I carry no weapons or armor... only this protective device and personal effects"


The first defender nods and speaks as the second one steps to the side, watching. "You're a new one here; no weapons or other extra items but not unarmed so to speak, you are clear to enter. Try not to pick fights if you can help it, most folks here are agreeable. You should also head over to the Collegiate Arcana, I'm sure they'd love to meet you ." The Defender remarks, waving the lioness through.
Image
AA Professional Services GM: Underguard
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) || EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Naliyah » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:00 am

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:The first defender nods and speaks as the second one steps to the side, watching. "You're a new one here; no weapons or other extra items but not unarmed so to speak, you are clear to enter. Try not to pick fights if you can help it, most folks here are agreeable. You should also head over to the Collegiate Arcana, I'm sure they'd love to meet you ." The Defender remarks, waving the lioness through.


"Much appreciated, sir. Collegiate Arcane, you say? I will be sure to visit, thank you. Could you point me in the right direction?" she asks politely.

Assuming the guard obliges, she will thank him and head inside.

I'm starving... where can a girl get a good meal around here? she wonders, looking around for a map and asking the guards for one if she doesn't see one present.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Underguard » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:37 am

Naliyah wrote:"Much appreciated, sir. Collegiate Arcane, you say? I will be sure to visit, thank you. Could you point me in the right direction?"


The guard opens a map and points out the route; "This is the entrance, the Collegiate is located within the Mystic Quarter found here." The gives her a moment to look at the map before slipping it in her harness. "Like I said, most are pretty reasonable so if you get lost on the way you shouldn't have trouble getting pointed in the right direction. They likely will not let you past the front doors without an escort, so be ready for that." He first guard finishes, leaving the map with her.

The second guard remarks as Naliyah asks about good spots to eat. "The Celestial Dragon is a a fair priced spot with excellent food, consider it high end. The Lone Star Saloon is another decent spot that caters to the more rough sort. There are plenty of opportunities to make a bit of credits in town if you are lacking. The Allen's Market also has a selection of uncooked food as well." He states, adding "You did ping on our scans, avoid using any special abilities you may have within limits unless necessary and explainable. We are not kind to those who break these laws, you understand." He finishes.
Image
AA Professional Services GM: Underguard
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) || EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Naliyah » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:04 pm

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:
Naliyah wrote:"Much appreciated, sir. Collegiate Arcane, you say? I will be sure to visit, thank you. Could you point me in the right direction?"


The guard opens a map and points out the route; "This is the entrance, the Collegiate is located within the Mystic Quarter found here." The gives her a moment to look at the map before slipping it in her harness. "Like I said, most are pretty reasonable so if you get lost on the way you shouldn't have trouble getting pointed in the right direction. They likely will not let you past the front doors without an escort, so be ready for that." He first guard finishes, leaving the map with her.

The second guard remarks as Naliyah asks about good spots to eat. "The Celestial Dragon is a a fair priced spot with excellent food, consider it high end. The Lone Star Saloon is another decent spot that caters to the more rough sort. There are plenty of opportunities to make a bit of credits in town if you are lacking." He states, adding "You did ping on our scans, avoid using any special abilities you may have within limits unless necessary and explainable. We are not kind to those who break these laws, you understand." He finishes.


"Thank you for your help," says the lioness to the guards as she enters the city of Merctown.

I suppose I should have clarified with the guards - what I 'eat' is not what they would. I'm sure there's a butcher market or something in this place; it's probably on that map..."Ping" on our scans? What in the Pride Worlds does that mean? Humans and their toys... and special abilities? I suppose I'll have to ask at the Collegiate Arcane what he meant by that. As anthropocentric as this place seems, I probably shouldn't push my luck...

Naliyah enters the town and walks the route the guard told her about. Fortunately, for her, on the way to the Collegiate Arcane, she sees Allen's Markets - a grocery store. Naliyah's sensitive nose can no doubt pick up the smells of fresh meat inside, and she enters the establishment.

<<Allen's Markets, Merctown page 56, entry #75>>
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Lucille Davis » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86 / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 85

Dust clouds billowing behind her, Lucy is easily pulling over 75% maximum speed down the highway approaching what she hopes is MercTown, making a final push on what had been a long, long journey. She shoots a quick glanced down the Mountaineer's main power gauge. She's still looking good. About half power in them batteries, so we got some leeway before I need to find her a charging station.

As the outer walls of MercTown emerge on the horizon, Lucy starts downshifting and dreaming. It is going to be so so good to get out of this jumpsuit, take a nice long hot bath, find a drink, maybe a quick fling. Oh, and work! Well, genavpak wiavh ij chainukaw! (Gobbley) There's just got to be someone in this town who needs a mechanic - magic wielding or not!

Gobbley
Gently with a chainsaw!

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.


Ooo... scans! I wonder what kind of power source these guys are using... probably decades old now. Might be some opportunities there. Lucy slows her approach appropriately, looking for the right lane to handle all 21' of her ride and mentally noting what they might, or might not, consider arms and weapons.
Lucille Davis
Current Status
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 131/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Saffron Reynolds » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 74

Saffron approaches the gate in her Ermine. Slowing to a stop, she places the vehicle in park and hops out. Saffron leans back against her vehicle, arms crossed, as she patiently waits for one of the guards to reach her in the line. Since it looks like it might take some time, she pulls her cigar case out, cuts and lights one up. Puffing away on the thick stogie, she exhales a large cloud of smoke as she watches a guard approach her, having just finished talking to a thin, female blonde in a Mountaineer, "Not bad looking...", she muses as she eyes the Mountaineers owner. As the guard approaches her Saffron straightens up, smiles and asks, "Is this the line for the strip search?".
User avatar
Saffron Reynolds
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Sine Finem Belli » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Lucille Davis wrote:Dust clouds billowing behind her, Lucy is easily pulling over 75% maximum speed down the highway approaching what she hopes is MercTown, making a final push on what had been a long, long journey. She shoots a quick glanced down the Mountaineer's main power gauge. She's still looking good. About half power in them batteries, so we got some leeway before I need to find her a charging station.

Ooo... scans! I wonder what kind of power source these guys are using... probably decades old now. Might be some opportunities there. Lucy slows her approach appropriately, looking for the right lane to handle all 21' of her ride and mentally noting what they might, or might not, consider arms and weapons.


Two MercTown Defenders approach the big, noisy vehicle. One guard is over 7 feet tall, heavily muscled and is wearing EBA with a dark tinted helmet on, making it impossible to determine what race they are. The other guard is short (just over 5 foot tall) and is wearing repainted Dog Boy armor, because he is a Dog Boy. More specifically, he is a schnauzer with brindle colored fur. Apparently the Dog Boy is in charge, since he is the one who walks up to you directly and hands over a tablet and rattles off in a bored monotone, "List all magic, psychic, and-or supernatural powers. Do not use any aforementioned abilities against other sentient beings while in MercTown. You are required to turn over all long arms here at the gate. You may collect them again on your way out of town. By signing or making your mark at the bottom you acknowledge you understand and accept all MercTown laws." As she works on filling out the form, for a moment, Lucille catches the woman....leering at her?


Saffron Reynolds wrote:Saffron approaches the gate in her Ermine. Slowing to a stop, she places the vehicle in park and hops out. Saffron leans back against her vehicle, arms crossed, as she patiently waits for one of the guards to reach her in the line. Since it looks like it might take some time, she pulls her cigar case out, cuts and lights one up. Puffing away on the thick stogie, she exhales a large cloud of smoke as she watches a guard approach her, having just finished talking to a thin, female blonde in a Mountaineer, "Not bad looking...", she muses as she eyes the Mountaineers owner. As the guard approaches her Saffron straightens up, smiles and asks, "Is this the line for the strip search?".


A pair of average height MercTown Defenders approach Saffron. One is a bulky, bearded man sporting a Juicer injection harness and carrying a Triax make particle beam rifle. He grins at Saffron's comment. The other man is wearing armor that has been shined to perfection, there is only a small trace of dirt around the edges of his boots. Once he opens the visor of his helmet you see a pinched faced man in his 30s. And he is not smiling. In fact, he sneers at Saffron's comment and says in a nasel-y voice, "Ma'am, there is no strip search policy here in MercTown. It is totally unecessary with the various means of detection we have at our disposal.", he sniffs then twitches his impeccable mustache as he hands Saffron a tablet, "Now, if you will fill this form out to the best of your abilities and then sign it, you may enter the city.". He steps back and waits. The Juicer rolls his eyes at his partners back and turns away.
Image
User avatar
Sine Finem Belli
Game Master
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:11 am
Location: Round Rock, Texas

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Lucille Davis » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84 / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 47

Sine Finem Belli wrote:Two MercTown Defenders approach the big, noisy vehicle. One guard is over 7 feet tall, heavily muscled and is wearing EBA with a dark tinted helmet on, making it impossible to determine what race they are. The other guard is short (just over 5 foot tall) and is wearing repainted Dog Boy armor, because he is a Dog Boy. More specifically, he is a schnauzer with brindle colored fur. Apparently the Dog Boy is in charge, since he is the one who walks up to you directly and hands over a tablet and rattles off in a bored monotone, "List all magic, psychic, and-or supernatural powers. Do not use any aforementioned abilities against other sentient beings while in MercTown. You are required to turn over all long arms here at the gate. You may collect them again on your way out of town. By signing or making your mark at the bottom you acknowledge you understand and accept all MercTown laws." As she works on filling out the form, for a moment, Lucille catches the woman....leering at her?


Lucy gives a wide smile to the dog boy. Awww... what a sweet face. Reminds me of my old boy Charlie... Hrm. Probably wouldn't want me to scratch him behind the ear. I hear they don't like that so much. "Nice weather we're having today, boys! Happy to oblige." She takes up the tablet and begins noting down her knowledge. Golly, this list has gotten so long from where I started off.

As she mentally catalogued her magical knowledge for report, an upward thoughtful glance caught the unmistakable pop of bright red hair, wreathed in smoke, caught by a passing breeze. Wow. Now there's one with some serious grit. Can't hurt to have her in one's corner. Maybe she's more friendly than she looks?

Lucy gives an awkward wave, immediately feeling self-conscious. Well, that was embarassing Lucy, well done. Oh well, maybe I'll catch her inside the gates. Even tough girls need a friend, right? And lord knows I'm going to need some friends, and soon!
Lucille Davis
Current Status
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 131/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Saffron Reynolds » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 68

Sine Finem Belli wrote:A pair of average height MercTown Defenders approach Saffron. One is a bulky, bearded man sporting a Juicer injection harness and carrying a Triax make particle beam rifle. He grins at Saffron's comment. The other man is wearing armor that has been shined to perfection, there is only a small trace of dirt around the edges of his boots. Once he opens the visor of his helmet you see a pinched faced man in his 30s. And he is not smiling. In fact, he sneers at Saffron's comment and says in a nasel-y voice, "Ma'am, there is no strip search policy here in MercTown. It is totally unecessary with the various means of detection we have at our disposal.", he sniffs then twitches his impeccable mustache as he hands Saffron a tablet, "Now, if you will fill this form out to the best of your abilities and then sign it, you may enter the city.". He steps back and waits. The Juicer rolls his eyes at his partners back and turns away.


Saffron slowly licks the top corner of her lip and lightly bites down as she watches the juicer approach her. "I would love to run my fingers through that full scruffy beard.". Saffron is barely paying attention to the nasel-y voice guard as he speaks to her and hands her the tablet. She takes the tablet from him and started scrolling through and answering the questions. "Well your no fun but I bet your juicer friend would be.", with a smirk on her face she slightly looks up from the tablet before signing it and says, "You two boys have a nice day then...", as she walks away Saffron makes sure to add some wiggle to her hips.


Lucille Davis wrote:As she mentally catalogued her magical knowledge for report, an upward thoughtful glance caught the unmistakable pop of bright red hair, wreathed in smoke, caught by a passing breeze. Wow. Now there's one with some serious grit. Can't hurt to have her in one's corner. Maybe she's more friendly than she looks?

Lucy gives an awkward wave, immediately feeling self-conscious. Well, that was embarrassing Lucy, well done. Oh well, maybe I'll catch her inside the gates. Even tough girls need a friend, right? And lord knows I'm going to need some friends, and soon!


Saffron noticed her wave, so she decides to walk slowly towards Lucille swaying her hips with every step. Once she approaches her Saffron runs her finger down the side of Lucille's cheek to wipe an oil smudge off her face. Then Saffron tucks her hair out of her face behind Lucille's ears, leans in and as she softly kisses her on the cheek Saffron whispers in the blonde's ear, "I see you like to get a bit dirty?".
User avatar
Saffron Reynolds
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Sine Finem Belli » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:23 pm

Lucille Davis wrote:Lucy gives a wide smile to the dog boy. Awww... what a sweet face. Reminds me of my old boy Charlie... Hrm. Probably wouldn't want me to scratch him behind the ear. I hear they don't like that so much. "Nice weather we're having today, boys! Happy to oblige." She takes up the tablet and begins noting down her knowledge. Golly, this list has gotten so long from where I started off.

As she mentally catalogued her magical knowledge for report, an upward thoughtful glance caught the unmistakable pop of bright red hair, wreathed in smoke, caught by a passing breeze. Wow. Now there's one with some serious grit. Can't hurt to have her in one's corner. Maybe she's more friendly than she looks?

Lucy gives an awkward wave, immediately feeling self-conscious. Well, that was embarrassing Lucy, well done. Oh well, maybe I'll catch her inside the gates. Even tough girls need a friend, right? And lord knows I'm going to need some friends, and soon!



The 7 foot wall of muscle tilts it's head down and shrugs about the weather before returning to their duties. The Dog Boy simply looks up at Lucille with a nonplussed expression before taking the tablet back and responding with, "Welcome to MercTown...you can go on it now.". He then turns away and moves on to the next group in line, which happens to be a large merchant caravan. His stance reflects that he is less then thrilled.


Saffron Reynolds wrote:Saffron slowly licks the top corner of her lip and lightly bites down as she watches the juicer approach her. "I would love to run my fingers through that full scruffy beard.". Saffron is barely paying attention to the nasel-y voice guard as he speaks to her and hands her the tablet. She takes the tablet from him and started scrolling through and answering the questions. "Well your no fun but I bet your juicer friend would be.", with a smirk on her face she slightly looks up from the tablet before signing it and says, "You two boys have a nice day then...", as she walks away Saffron makes sure to add some wiggle to her hips.


The juicer's grin grows and he looks about 5 seconds from drooling. Mister mustache however rolls his eyes before shooting his subordinate a nasty look which causes the juicer to scowl, but the augmented man half turns away and goes back to standing guard. Clearing his throat he continues speaking to Saffron, "Ahem, well fun is not what we are here for miss. But if you are interested in a quiet drink later...on...". The mans words die off as he takes the tablet back from Saffron and she saunters off towards another woman standing next to a Mountaineer. Both he and his juicer companion continue to stare at the by-play between the 2 women before finally the pinch-faced man roughly nudges the juicer to get his attention and they move on.
Image
User avatar
Sine Finem Belli
Game Master
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:11 am
Location: Round Rock, Texas

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Lucille Davis » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 74 / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 70

To evaluate Saffron's vehicle:
Basic Mechanics, 64% 1d100 = 48
Mechanical Engineer, 59% 1d100 = 10
Electrical Engineering, 59% 1d100 = 22

Lucy half nods towards the dog boy. "Oh, oh yes, thank... you..." Lucy's attention was again grabbed by this red head, transfixing her on the spot. Saffron raised her finger and "oh, woah, wow, what..." as her lips pressed softly to her "...my, oh my, oh..." and whispers into her ear. "Ah, h- hi!" Lucy says trying to regain her composure. "Oh me? Dirty? Gosh, it was a long journey, and well, well... you're... uh, quite the firecracker, aren't you!" She could feel a deep red rise in her cheeks. "New in town? I just got in, I mean, obviously, I just got in. You saw me filling out the tablet that they give us." "Oh lord in heaven stop babbling." "Did those guys give you any trouble? That mustache seemed like to try to charm a girl's pants off if it could just get away from that face." "Did I just say 'pants off'?!" Lucy was clearly running out of runway.

She gives a nervous laugh. "Focus you fool girl. Give her your name. Ask her a question." "I'm, ah, Lucy, Lucy Davis. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, of course." She extends her hand out, trying to be as unawkward as she possibly can. "Nice ride. That a NG-CW81? Sounds like an electric system, not their newer solid oxide what with that lighter chassis, and, and..." Lucy realizes that she's lapsing into technospeak. "Ease off. Be cool. A pretty red head like this probably doesn't want to talk shop." "I mean, nice. Old school, beautiful, easy to work under the hood..." "Did I just say 'work under the hood'?!" "So um, where you headed? Don't suppose you'd mind some company?"
Lucille Davis
Current Status
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 131/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Saffron Reynolds » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45 (24%)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 94


Saffron smiles at Lucy as she speaks, "She is so cute all flustered." "No, I don't mind the company at all, please join me." while twirling her hair with her fingers . "Oh and don't mind those guards their no trouble; I am most likely the trouble." Saffron snickers to herself.
Saffron reaches out and takes Lucy hand firmly, "It's nice to meet you too Lucy. I am Saffron." Saffron looks over at the Ermine and back at Lucy again." You mean you can work on my car? Its been good to me so far it gets me from point A to point B."
Saffron nods in agreement with Lucy with a smirk on her face not understanding the technospeak.
Saffron realizes they have been holding up the line long enough. "Lucy, Lets go ahead and head in? So we can discuss you working under my hood."


Heading to Northern Gun Store (108)
User avatar
Saffron Reynolds
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Lucille Davis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:22 pm

**rolls held**

Saffron. Not a name she had heard before. "How exotic. Could be trouble, but maybe that's what I need a bit more of these days." Lucy smiles and nods to Saffron in agreement. "Sounds like a plan, Saffron," she says, her mouth forming around the sounds of this new name. "You lead, I'll follow."

Heading to Northern Gun Store
Lucille Davis
Current Status
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 131/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Saul » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am

Perception: 26% /52% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 71

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 6

During the trip to Merctown, Saul worked with Felix to better familiarize himself with Spanish, and to help the Flying Tiger ease into American. He'd only just met Felix a short time ago, but the two were fast friends.

Saul arrives with the rest of MARS at the gates of Merctown, and dismounts the vehicle. This town is not so different from Dweomer - at least on the outside. Large walls are still, after all these eons, an effective pest deterrent.

He looks to Felix and smiles. "Shall we, 'Tyger Tyger'?" He approaches the guards at the gate. As the loudspeaker announces the various scans being performed, Saul is impressed. "They've certainly spared no expense on defensive measures, have they? That, or it is a bluff. But if so, it is one I shall not be calling."
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Felix » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29/40%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 91
JIC (20): 1d20 = 9




Felix enjoys practicing American and sharing Spanish tips with Saul on the trip to Merctown, though he does feel a bit impatient at the relatively slow pace of the barge. When they arrive, Felix exits the vehicle with his gear and Saul.

Saul wrote:He looks to Felix and smiles. "Shall we, 'Tyger Tyger'?" He approaches the guards at the gate. As the loudspeaker announces the various scans being performed, Saul is impressed. "They've certainly spared no expense on defensive measures, have they? That, or it is a bluff. But if so, it is one I shall not be calling."


"Sounds good, 'Señor Sciencia'!" replies Felix with a chuckle and good-natured grin.

When Saul comments on the scans, Felix nods and says in a low voice as they approach, "Si, Señor Sah-ool, these hombres son serios con la seguridad... you understand, si?" Felix says this with a more serious tone than usual, underscoring that these guards are not to be trifled with.

He unslings his rifle and holds it up by the barrel as the guards approach, complying fully with the standard requirements as someone who has been to Merctown before.

Ojalá aún tuviera el mapa de Merctown que obtuve cuando llegué por primera vez, pero lo perdí en algún lugar en Testament ... he thinks. Tal vez me den otro.

Spanish Translations
I wish I still had the Merctown map that I got when I first arrived, but I lost it somewhere in Testament... maybe I will get another one.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Rocky » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 99
JIC d20: 1d20 = 6
JIC d100: 1d100 = 84

Rocky and the group arrive after their trip out West. He was glad that was over and now back to base. Ladies and gentlemen, we are now getting back at base I think you might want to blow off a bit of steam. Our compound is in the Waterfront and if you leave from their you can leave all you restricted goods there as you explore Merctown. His thoughts are on his members that were left behind. He isn't sure if Samm or John would return. Beanpole just vanished as they were making their way. So they return to the HQ.

Now there are rules that one must follow here so when you go to the gate just do as they say no untruthful answers. They might tell you to leave your heavy weapons in a locker. Rocky checks in with the ones at the gate. “Rocky of MARS, returning from a mission I am going to be taking the barge to our compound.”

Rocky guides the barge to the Compound..

M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Daphne » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 20
Conditions: None.


Daphne hops off the barge as it slows to a stop, her bags slung over her shoulder. A wistful look to her mech as she heads to the line. She'll be fine in the compound. Daphne thinks as the line slowly moves forward. Once it's her turn to speak with one of the MercTown Defenders at the gate, she sets her bags down and smiles. "Daphne Ross, MARS, seems like it's been a long time since I've been back here." Daphne says with a weak chuckle.

Daphne fills out the forms and submits to the scans that everyone is subjected to, none of it seems to phase her. Easier than the security screening at Northern Gun. She thinks with a chuckle.

Once Daphne is given the all clear she picks up her bags and makes her way into MercTown proper, walking to the teams compound.

MARS Compound (213a)
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Next

Return to The City Gates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron