Welcome to MercTown

Coming to MercTown via land? You'll have to enter through one of the City Gates. A free MAP and GUIDE of MercTown is provided upon arrival.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:01 am

Perception:1d100 = 90 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 63
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)


Ernstweavel disembarks from the barge once it comes to a complete stop. He looks up, watching the rest of MARS checking in. Adjusting his backpack, filled with what little possessions he owns, before begrudgingly walking up to wait his turn. it feels like I just did this yesterday. Nothing changed since then but how are they supposed to know that. Their just doing their job. Man, that's got to be boring. "Ernstweavel of MARS, requesting entrance." Ernstweavel speaks loud enough for anyone in the immediate are to hear. He places his backpack down for inspection, while waiting to answer any of the defenders questions. After he is given permission to enter, he will gather his belongings and make the trek back to the MARS's HQ.

M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:00 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1800
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, light breeze from the north
Location: gates of Merctown, adjacent the Ohio River


Saul, Felix, Daphne, and Ernstweavel are guided through the Merctown gates by Rocky who's been through this process countless times. Everything is disclosed and all long arms are handed over for retrieval upon exit as Rocky makes it abundantly clear that they've virtually no chance whatsoever at hiding anything from the multi-layered active screening procedures used at the gates. The loudspeaker announcement which repeats loudly every thirty seconds informs them of the simple, common sense property rights laws enforced within the city state. They then make their way to the MARS compound without incident.

Continue posting here. (<--link)
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 67

Wolf stopped as MercTown came into view. About time. Finally made it. Wolf twisted in his saddle popping his back. That feels better. Too long in the saddle. Wolf spurs his horse forward towards the gates. Lets go, Dusty.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.


Wolf chuckles at the loud speaker and slows his horse. These guys are a little intense. He dismounts and waits for the guards to wave him forward. "Alright lets get this over with."
After they approach Wolf will ask, "Yall know where I can find the Roughnecks or the MARS group? Heard some good things about them on the road."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 9

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6


NG Equalizer
NE-002PC 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Hannibal » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:19 am

A large heavily armored man walks up to Wolf mumbling on his way, "Must be tourist season, what the hell is with all these people lately." The man's armor looks dusty and from what little Wolf can make out he doesn't seem all that friendly.

Wolf dismounts his horse and tells the man, "Alright lets get this over with." The man walks around Wolf and the horse making notes on a clip board. Walking back up to Wolf he says, "Alright Buckaroo, you got any long rifles hidden I'm not seeing? Keep in mind we got a freaky dude up on the wall listening very closely to your every thought." He looks at Wolf directly. "Your not thinking about getting frisky are you?"

Wolf asks the man, "Yall know where I can find the Roughnecks or the MARS group? Heard some good things about them on the road." The defenders head snaps up to Look at Wolf, he moves close, close enough for wolf to realize this man hasn't brushed his teeth today. "I ask the questions. Do you understand? What to I look like to you? A courtesy counter employee? You got any long rifle stuck up any hidden spots or what?"
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:48 am

Rolls held


Hannibal wrote:The man walks around Wolf and the horse making notes on a clip board. Walking back up to Wolf he says, "Alright Buckaroo, you got any long rifles hidden I'm not seeing? Keep in mind we got a freaky dude up on the wall listening very closely to your every thought." He looks at Wolf directly. "Your not thinking about getting frisky are you?"


A smile tugs at Wold's face but he pushes it back down as the man talks. "No long guns. It's not right not being able to see your opponent. Or him see you."
Not getting frisky with you...but I could probably get the first shot if it came to it.

Hannibal wrote: Wolf asks the man, "Yall know where I can find the Roughnecks or the MARS group? Heard some good things about them on the road." The defenders head snaps up to Look at Wolf, he moves close, close enough for wolf to realize this man hasn't brushed his teeth today. "I ask the questions. Do you understand? What to I look like to you? A courtesy counter employee? You got any long rifle stuck up any hidden spots or what?"


This is for you magic mind person. No you look like someone who really needs to get laid...and with how far your long gun is up your ass I'm surprised you can sit down. Wolf smirks ever so slightly as he looks behind the guard for a moment before replying. "Fine. Do you at least have a map?" Wolf will answer any other questions the guard has.

"Thanks for the help." Wolf will tip his hat to the man when all is said and done and he is finally allowed access to MercTown. Got to be respectful...even if it's not necessarily deserved. Wolf will proceed to the Job Market Cafe to see if he can find any leads on the Roughnecks or MARS.

Job Market Cafe
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 9

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6


NG Equalizer
NE-002PC 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Hannibal » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:37 am

Wolf Whitaker wrote:A smile tugs at Wold's face but he pushes it back down as the man talks. "No long guns. It's not right not being able to see your opponent. Or him see you."
Not getting frisky with you...but I could probably get the first shot if it came to it.

This is for you magic mind person. No you look like someone who really needs to get laid...and with how far your long gun is up your ass I'm surprised you can sit down. Wolf smirks ever so slightly as he looks behind the guard for a moment before replying. "Fine. Do you at least have a map?" Wolf will answer any other questions the guard has.

"Thanks for the help." Wolf will tip his hat to the man when all is said and done and he is finally allowed access to MercTown. Got to be respectful...even if it's not necessarily deserved. Wolf will proceed to the Job Market Cafe to see if he can find any leads on the Roughnecks or MARS.


The guard pause for a second with his hand on his ear, he turns to look at you. "Wise guy huh, the freaks tell me your funny. First shot. Ha." The man chuckles while he reaches into a pouch on his thigh. "Here is your map. Be sure to stay out of trouble inside. Wouldn't want to hear you confidence god yah killed."

The defender walks away talking to someone, "Yeah, wonder if he knows how many are trained on him."
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Previous

Return to The City Gates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest