Welcome to MercTown

Coming to MercTown via land? You'll have to enter through one of the City Gates. A free MAP and GUIDE of MercTown is provided upon arrival.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:01 am

Perception:1d100 = 90 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 63
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)


Ernstweavel disembarks from the barge once it comes to a complete stop. He looks up, watching the rest of MARS checking in. Adjusting his backpack, filled with what little possessions he owns, before begrudgingly walking up to wait his turn. it feels like I just did this yesterday. Nothing changed since then but how are they supposed to know that. Their just doing their job. Man, that's got to be boring. "Ernstweavel of MARS, requesting entrance." Ernstweavel speaks loud enough for anyone in the immediate are to hear. He places his backpack down for inspection, while waiting to answer any of the defenders questions. After he is given permission to enter, he will gather his belongings and make the trek back to the MARS's HQ.

M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:00 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1800
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, light breeze from the north
Location: gates of Merctown, adjacent the Ohio River


Saul, Felix, Daphne, and Ernstweavel are guided through the Merctown gates by Rocky who's been through this process countless times. Everything is disclosed and all long arms are handed over for retrieval upon exit as Rocky makes it abundantly clear that they've virtually no chance whatsoever at hiding anything from the multi-layered active screening procedures used at the gates. The loudspeaker announcement which repeats loudly every thirty seconds informs them of the simple, common sense property rights laws enforced within the city state. They then make their way to the MARS compound without incident.

Continue posting here. (<--link)
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 67

Wolf stopped as MercTown came into view. About time. Finally made it. Wolf twisted in his saddle popping his back. That feels better. Too long in the saddle. Wolf spurs his horse forward towards the gates. Lets go, Dusty.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.


Wolf chuckles at the loud speaker and slows his horse. These guys are a little intense. He dismounts and waits for the guards to wave him forward. "Alright lets get this over with."
After they approach Wolf will ask, "Yall know where I can find the Roughnecks or the MARS group? Heard some good things about them on the road."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Hannibal » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:19 am

A large heavily armored man walks up to Wolf mumbling on his way, "Must be tourist season, what the hell is with all these people lately." The man's armor looks dusty and from what little Wolf can make out he doesn't seem all that friendly.

Wolf dismounts his horse and tells the man, "Alright lets get this over with." The man walks around Wolf and the horse making notes on a clip board. Walking back up to Wolf he says, "Alright Buckaroo, you got any long rifles hidden I'm not seeing? Keep in mind we got a freaky dude up on the wall listening very closely to your every thought." He looks at Wolf directly. "Your not thinking about getting frisky are you?"

Wolf asks the man, "Yall know where I can find the Roughnecks or the MARS group? Heard some good things about them on the road." The defenders head snaps up to Look at Wolf, he moves close, close enough for wolf to realize this man hasn't brushed his teeth today. "I ask the questions. Do you understand? What to I look like to you? A courtesy counter employee? You got any long rifle stuck up any hidden spots or what?"
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:48 am

Rolls held


Hannibal wrote:The man walks around Wolf and the horse making notes on a clip board. Walking back up to Wolf he says, "Alright Buckaroo, you got any long rifles hidden I'm not seeing? Keep in mind we got a freaky dude up on the wall listening very closely to your every thought." He looks at Wolf directly. "Your not thinking about getting frisky are you?"


A smile tugs at Wold's face but he pushes it back down as the man talks. "No long guns. It's not right not being able to see your opponent. Or him see you."
Not getting frisky with you...but I could probably get the first shot if it came to it.

Hannibal wrote: Wolf asks the man, "Yall know where I can find the Roughnecks or the MARS group? Heard some good things about them on the road." The defenders head snaps up to Look at Wolf, he moves close, close enough for wolf to realize this man hasn't brushed his teeth today. "I ask the questions. Do you understand? What to I look like to you? A courtesy counter employee? You got any long rifle stuck up any hidden spots or what?"


This is for you magic mind person. No you look like someone who really needs to get laid...and with how far your long gun is up your ass I'm surprised you can sit down. Wolf smirks ever so slightly as he looks behind the guard for a moment before replying. "Fine. Do you at least have a map?" Wolf will answer any other questions the guard has.

"Thanks for the help." Wolf will tip his hat to the man when all is said and done and he is finally allowed access to MercTown. Got to be respectful...even if it's not necessarily deserved. Wolf will proceed to the Job Market Cafe to see if he can find any leads on the Roughnecks or MARS.

Job Market Cafe
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Hannibal » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:37 am

Wolf Whitaker wrote:A smile tugs at Wold's face but he pushes it back down as the man talks. "No long guns. It's not right not being able to see your opponent. Or him see you."
Not getting frisky with you...but I could probably get the first shot if it came to it.

This is for you magic mind person. No you look like someone who really needs to get laid...and with how far your long gun is up your ass I'm surprised you can sit down. Wolf smirks ever so slightly as he looks behind the guard for a moment before replying. "Fine. Do you at least have a map?" Wolf will answer any other questions the guard has.

"Thanks for the help." Wolf will tip his hat to the man when all is said and done and he is finally allowed access to MercTown. Got to be respectful...even if it's not necessarily deserved. Wolf will proceed to the Job Market Cafe to see if he can find any leads on the Roughnecks or MARS.


The guard pause for a second with his hand on his ear, he turns to look at you. "Wise guy huh, the freaks tell me your funny. First shot. Ha." The man chuckles while he reaches into a pouch on his thigh. "Here is your map. Be sure to stay out of trouble inside. Wouldn't want to hear you confidence god yah killed."

The defender walks away talking to someone, "Yeah, wonder if he knows how many are trained on him."
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Zed » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 95

The magical camouflage Zed was wearing fades as he cancels it once the booming voice on the end of the “Loudspeaker” is overheard. A smile and a quick bow of the head are how he chooses to respond. Thin, hooded, garb hiding full features on his face. The High Magus makes observations and mental notes on the design of MercTown's wall.

Rather decently designed choke point. 150 meters give or take for the sound broadcasting... which probably means they spotted me at at least thrice that distance... I don't perceive any type of magic dampeners this far out, but a bullet to the head works just as well- if a bit overkill. Well Zed, let's see what's inside.

While walking the final 500’ distance to the gates, the Timneh unlatches, and removes the underarm holster of his Wilk’s Derringer with his left hand holding it up for all to see. Then in his right hand he takes out the harpoon gun, he plans to sell off as soon as possible, and holds it where anyone could see it.

Daelur aka Zed strives to be a minimalist, therefore carrying anything that does not have a use or purpose of some sort, makes the High Magus uneasy.
When an opportunity presents itself he will ask, “I’m looking for “The Wanderer” and crew.

That is the name "The Three" gave me to use... he is like family after all... something like a cousin I'd say... lets hope he still gives honor to our homeland... who knows what life may have thrown at him away from home, and if that may have altered his paradigm.

OOC: I was trying to use one of Summer's nicknames, I do not know which is most appropriate or the history behind them. If there is another more appropriate then please insert that one. The Lords of Magic are said to be able to know "where" a High Magus is slain. Extrapolating I am using this to say that they may keep loose/close tabs on those that have left Dweomer, but were/are of the brotherhoods. Thus my having Zed find a Battle Magus and begin his sabbatical behind one that is already doing/done it. :)
P.P.E.: 177|142 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby CPR Krueger » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:57 am

Zed wrote:While walking the final 500’ distance to the gates, the Timneh unlatches, and removes the underarm holster of his Wilk’s Derringer with his left hand holding it up for all to see. Then in his right hand he takes out the harpoon gun, he plans to sell off as soon as possible, and holds it where anyone could see it.

Daelur aka Zed strives to be a minimalist, therefore carrying anything that does not have a use or purpose of some sort, makes the High Magus uneasy.
When an opportunity presents itself he will ask, “I’m looking for “The Wanderer” and crew.


Three guards approach Zed cautiously but in a disciplined manner, their weapons held but not pointed directly at him. It's obvious they've done this a jillion times, and Zed is just another stranger to approach the gates of MercTown. They quickly order him to pull back his hood so they can get a better look at him. When he does so, the guards don't flinch at all - Zed can tell they're used to seeing all manner of non-humans coming in or out of MercTown.

After the standard scans and walkarounds, and the customary warnings (long arms must be checked in, weapons chips in vehicles/power armor and the like must be checked in, the use of magic or psionics to violate others' rights will be dealt with harshly, etc.) one of the guards tells Zed, "State your business."

Zed's reply that he's looking for "The Wanderer" produces a few glances between the guards, all of them shrugging their shoulders.

"Well, my friend, we've got lots of wanderers around MercTown, but I can't say any of us have ever heard of THE Wanderer. Here's a map of MercTown... maybe hit up Fixer Jones at the MercTown Cafe? He's supposed to know a lot about who's who around here... good luck and enjoy your stay in MercTown."

With that, the guards hand Zed a map of MercTown and wave him through the gates, retaining any long arms or the aforementioned concerns, which they will provide receipts for.

OOC Comments
Unfortunately, this will include your speargun. If you want to sell/trade it to someone, I'm sure something can be arranged at that time, but MercTown prohibits long guns in the possession of people walking around the town.
User avatar
CPR Krueger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Zed » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:46 am

Perception: 24% | 1d100 = 33
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 44

Gotta love this MercTown hospitality... truly. Zed thinks, while looking around, with a smile growing so large upon his face it nearly over laps his eyes. He absentmindedly pulls his hood over his head, and heads out to find Fixer Jones. I'll meet up with you all soon. So much to do...

Now where is this MercTown Cafe? Taking out the map and getting it oriented in the right direction.

"So we are here right?" Glancing back at the guards, the Timneh points at the map and speaks rhetorically. Hopefully this Fixer Jones is a good lead.

"Thank you, I'm off." He says to no one in particular.
P.P.E.: 177|142 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Zed wrote:"Thank you, I'm off." He says to no one in particular.


Just as Zed leaves the gate and enters Merctown proper, a small bird comes fluttering down and lands on his shoulder. Whilst it resembles a small annoying bird and possibly a few relatives, Zed has seen plenty of these in use in Dweomer and is able to tell the difference between this mystical construct and a normal bird.

"You are late. The City of Dweomer requires your aid. Report for duty at the Mercenary Plaza. The Roughnecks will require your assistance in the field. SHAZBAT."

With that, the pigeon looks at you, then fades away, leaving wondering what was going on.

http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewto ... 170&t=6431

OOC Comments
SHAZBAT is a codeword given to you in case Dweomer needs you for a mission.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Alexandra » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:03 pm

1d100 = 4% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 62

Alexandra slows her Enforcer's approach as she nears the gates. Hearing the words spoken over the loudspeaker, thinking to herself "Ok just gotta figure out who to talk to about looking for work, and moving on from there." She brings the robot to a stop just outside the gates and jumps out waiting for the guards to approach with more information and what to do from here. Getting a closer look at the walls reminds her some of home, her ears folding back slightly at the memory, before perking back up.
Alexandra/Ledger
Conditions
Nightvision: 20'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
H.P.: 32
S.D.C.: 77

Image
User avatar
Alexandra
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:36 am

One of the guards at the gate waves Alexandra in her robot combat vehicle forward and to a stop. He then waves a trio of other Defenders over who approach the UAR-1 Enforcer. He calls out with a bullhorn, "Ma'am, please follow these men with your 'bot to a nearby secure storage locker. Once there, secure your 'bot. It will be kept secure until your departure from the city. You will be given a chit for its recovery. Don't lose it. It will expedite retrieval of your 'bot when you're ready to leave the city. Once you've secured your 'bot, you'll be returned here and we'll get you cleared for entry ASAP." True to his word, Alexander finds herself on foot and back in front of him within a few minutes with an electronic chit in one of her pockets. Her UAR-1 secured in a structure akin to a hangar which adjoins the city's impressive walls. After some routine questions about her reason for coming to Merctown and personal abilities, she's good to go. "Welcome to Merctown, ma'am. Enjoy your visit."
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Alexandra » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:42 pm

Augur wrote:One of the guards at the gate waves Alexandra in her robot combat vehicle forward and to a stop. He then waves a trio of other Defenders over who approach the UAR-1 Enforcer. He calls out with a bullhorn, "Ma'am, please follow these men with your 'bot to a nearby secure storage locker. Once there, secure your 'bot. It will be kept secure until your departure from the city. You will be given a chit for its recovery. Don't lose it. It will expedite retrieval of your 'bot when you're ready to leave the city. Once you've secured your 'bot, you'll be returned here and we'll get you cleared for entry ASAP." True to his word, Alexander finds herself on foot and back in front of him within a few minutes with an electronic chit in one of her pockets. Her UAR-1 secured in a structure akin to a hangar which adjoins the city's impressive walls. After some routine questions about her reason for coming to Merctown and personal abilities, she's good to go. "Welcome to Merctown, ma'am. Enjoy your visit."


Alexandra follows the other robot vehicles to the hanger and stores the enforcer, taking the chit for it making sure that she places it securely in her front jean pocket, and slowly makes her way back to the front gates. After going back and answering the questions at the front gate, makes a polite bow to the guards thanking them for allowing her entry into the city. She looks up at the walls as she enter the city comparing it to the ones she remembers in Lazlo, the thought of her adoptive home gives her a small warmth in her throat. As she enters the city she stops one of the near by directories and looks around for JOB MARKET CAFE (30) after figuring out which direction it is in correlation to herself and the post starts making her way there.
Alexandra/Ledger
Conditions
Nightvision: 20'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
H.P.: 32
S.D.C.: 77

Image
User avatar
Alexandra
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Megan Price » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 54/1d20 = 13
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack, Radio Ear
Current Effects, Other: Amplified Hearing

Merchant of Death wrote:Image

As you approach the massive, fortified, outer walls of MercTown a voice booms at you once you are within five hundred feet or so.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.


Flying along at 20' above the trees of the forests that surround MercTown, Megan Price's Bandito Wild Weasel constantly moved side to side. There was nothing wrong with the power armor's flight, because this was just it's normal flight pattern. So, Fixer's contacts had been able to confirm that mom and dad were still alive and working on a CS prison farm after all. I need to figure out where and how to get them out of there. Megan thought to herself as she flew, scanning the Wild Weasels highly advanced sensors.

She continued to fly south until she was about 20 miles north of MercTown then keyed her radio on the MercTown Air Traffic Control channel. "MercTown Tower, this is Wild Weasel, designation Jammer. I am requesting a flight path to the city gates, over." Once MercTown Air Traffic Controllers respond to her, she will fly the designated route to the gates, setting down at the usual landing pad for flying power armor. "Yeah, yeah. Not like I haven't heard the spiel about a dozen times before, Tony. I'm sorry, Agent DiNozzo."

MercTown had almost become a second home to Megan, following the arrests of her parents by the Coalition when a job they were doing brought them on the wrong side of the Coalition. They were the lucky ones. Most of their group had been killed, while they and one other had only been arrested. That was when her uncle came and got her and her brother to come live with him in MercTown. A couple of years later, her brother was kidnapped. That was when Megan decided to take her life into her own control, and learned about being a Headhunter for the next year and a half. Then her uncle sent her on an errand out of the apartment they lived in, and when she got back he was gone. The next morning all of MercTown was abuzz about how a prominent citizen, her uncle's employer, and all of their body guards had vanished. That was six months ago. Since then, one of her uncle's old contacts, a man by the name of Fixer Jones, had nudged her in the direction of finding information on her family. With his help, she had been able to confirm that her brother and uncle were still alive, and most recently that her parents were still alive.

So it is needless to say that MercTown holds a lot of emotions for her, almost all of them negative, but she has been trying to force herself to smile and joke once in a while because she felt sure that if she didn't, she was going go insane and be no good to her family. Just because she was relaxing and having fun didn't mean that she has forgotten about them or given up on finding them, because there is nothing else she can do at that moment. And she has made some progress in finding them.

With a relaxed familiarity, Megan removed her power armor suit and took the equipment storage receipt they handed her while she mentally commanded her concealed particle beam weapon to pop up out of her arm so that the MercTown Defenders at the gate could disable the firing chip while she was in town. "Anything exciting happen while I was away, guys?" Megan asked to make small talk while she waited for the proper paperwork and procedures to be finished.
Megan Price
HP: 20/20
SDC: 45/45
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby The Bos » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Megan Price wrote:With a relaxed familiarity, Megan removed her power armor suit and took the equipment storage receipt they handed her while she mentally commanded her concealed particle beam weapon to pop up out of her arm so that the MercTown Defenders at the gate could disable the firing chip while she was in town. "Anything exciting happen while I was away, guys?" Megan asked to make small talk while she waited for the proper paperwork and procedures to be finished.


The guard snorts. "You mean you didn't hear? Abby and McGee finally tied the knot. Yoweri marked everything at Bone and Marrow down to half off the whole day to celebrate. And from what I've heard, he marked everything down... even the 'stuff' in the back." He grimaces as he continues to process the paperwork. "Well, that and there seems to be a new merc group on the scene. Get this -- aside from one 'Handsome Jack' type it's all women. Word is they threw Fixer a major solid and he's been sending some new folks their way. Judging by what Daisy told me this morning it sounds like they could use some air support. Might be worth your time to check 'em out." He shrugs. "Anyway, you're clear. Welcome back Jammer."
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Megan Price » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:37 pm

The Bos wrote:
Megan Price wrote:With a relaxed familiarity, Megan removed her power armor suit and took the equipment storage receipt they handed her while she mentally commanded her concealed particle beam weapon to pop up out of her arm so that the MercTown Defenders at the gate could disable the firing chip while she was in town. "Anything exciting happen while I was away, guys?" Megan asked to make small talk while she waited for the proper paperwork and procedures to be finished.


The guard snorts. "You mean you didn't hear? Abby and McGee finally tied the knot. Yoweri marked everything at Bone and Marrow down to half off the whole day to celebrate. And from what I've heard, he marked everything down... even the 'stuff' in the back." He grimaces as he continues to process the paperwork. "Well, that and there seems to be a new merc group on the scene. Get this -- aside from one 'Handsome Jack' type it's all women. Word is they threw Fixer a major solid and he's been sending some new folks their way. Judging by what Daisy told me this morning it sounds like they could use some air support. Might be worth your time to check 'em out." He shrugs. "Anyway, you're clear. Welcome back Jammer."


"You're kidding?! Abbs and McGee? They got back together after 16 years? Last I had heard was that he was dating Delilah! What happened with that?" Megan said incredulously. Megan knew McGee as one of the MercTown Defender's top investigators. After her uncle had disappeared with his employer, McGee had asked her several questions about the incident. Of course she didn't tell him everything that she knew because she was afraid that her brother's kidnappers might decide to kill him if she did, despite the fact that she hadn't gotten a proof of life since her uncle's disappearance. But that didn't really surprise her either as the proof of life had been sent to her uncle anyway. When the guard mentions Fixer, Megan speaks up again. "I'll have to ask Fixer about them. I'm on my way to go talk to him now as a matter of fact. Thanks guys!" With that, Megan heads off for the Job Market Cafe.
Megan Price
HP: 20/20
SDC: 45/45
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Alexandra » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 17

Alexandra approaches one of the guard posts and pulls out the chip, "Greetings once again gentlemen, So who do I give this to to get my robot vehicle out of storage, I'm going to be switching hangars here in a second"
Alexandra/Ledger
Conditions
Nightvision: 20'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
H.P.: 32
S.D.C.: 77

Image
User avatar
Alexandra
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby The Bos » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:12 pm

Alexandra wrote:Alexandra approaches one of the guard posts and pulls out the chip, "Greetings once again gentlemen, So who do I give this to to get my robot vehicle out of storage, I'm going to be switching hangars here in a second"


Alexandra is directed to a service desk where she hands over her ticket card to the sergeant on duty and scans her thumbprint to verify her identity. After confirming her robot's new storage location, she's led to the bay where it stands waiting and within just a few minutes she's strolling out to the GIRLS HQ.
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Spider » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 64/21%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 3
JIC (20): 1d20 = 10




Merchant of Death wrote:Image

As you approach the massive, fortified, outer walls of MercTown a voice booms at you once you are within five hundred feet or so.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.


Spider stops. American... sounds native, too. Am I in the Americas? he wonders to himself for a moment.

"Hello, Comrades..." he states (in American) as the MercTown defenders approach, reaching slowly into his pack to retrieve his I.D. and then keeping his arms (all of them) raised and visible so they can see he is carrying no weapons.

"I am Lt. Fyodor Demitriyevich Ivanov, a Sovietski Vedmak ... but, you could call me a Cyber-Doc," he announces confidently in a thick Russian accent while awaiting a reply from the Defenders.

Interesting uniforms... he thinks to himself, noting they don't appear to be standard military dress.
Dr. Fyodor Demitriyevich Ivanov, a.k.a. "Spider"
Important Information
Current Status
M.D.C. by Location
]Head: 75; with a human, flesh face. Wears a protective helmet with a clear faceplate/shield in the field and in combat situations which provides an extra 35 M.D.C. to the face and head when worn.
Crane Arms (2, large, on back): 120 each
Robot Arms (2, on back): 60 each
Arms (2, human-looking): 50 each
Small, Retractable Utility Tool Arms (Varies, 8+): 11 each
Hands (2): 20 each
Feet (2): 25 each
Legs (2): 85 each
Main Body: 165

H.P.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 3/3


Current Conditions:

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +8%
Magic (varies): +3
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (15+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Possession: +2
Magic Illusions: +1
Mind Control: +1
Disease: +6
User avatar
Spider
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Underguard » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 pm

Spider sees the large imposing walls and booming loudspeaker, coupled with the dozens upon dozens of guards clearing people as they seek entrance to the city. Chaos, though organized and clearly no stranger to firepower or combat as he is approached by a pair of Defenders. One stays a few paces away as the closer Defender speaks.

"Sovietski Vedmak? I'll admit, we see more demons here than we see people from your neck of the woods. No notable weapons beyond the advanced cybernetics. Cyber-Doc you say? Well, your skills will certainly be relished here. Okay, ground rules. No long-arms, power-armor or robot vehicles in the city. No limits on cybernetics though we expect you to keep all six of those Spider legs under control. The Job Market Cafe in the Hub is a good place to go looking for work, and the town in general is a good place to keep a low profile, depending on your needs. This is a map and information guide to Merctown, you should be able to make your way with this. Any questions?"

If Spider has no questions for the Defender, he will wave him through return to his partner.
Image
AA Professional Services GM || Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) || EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Spider » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:17 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Underguard wrote:Spider sees the large imposing walls and booming loudspeaker, coupled with the dozens upon dozens of guards clearing people as they seek entrance to the city. Chaos, though organized and clearly no stranger to firepower or combat as he is approached by a pair of Defenders. One stays a few paces away as the closer Defender speaks.

"Sovietski Vedmak? I'll admit, we see more demons here than we see people from your neck of the woods. No notable weapons beyond the advanced cybernetics. Cyber-Doc you say? Well, your skills will certainly be relished here. Okay, ground rules. No long-arms, power-armor or robot vehicles in the city. No limits on cybernetics though we expect you to keep all six of those Spider legs under control. The Job Market Cafe in the Hub is a good place to go looking for work, and the town in general is a good place to keep a low profile, depending on your needs. This is a map and information guide to Merctown, you should be able to make your way with this. Any questions?"

If Spider has no questions for the Defender, he will wave him through return to his partner.


"Thank you. I do have von question..." he says thoughtfully. "Does this count as a long arm or a sidearm?"

He reaches slowly down to his leg, opens the concealed compartment, and holds up his ion rod for the guards to see.

Ion Rod
Concealed Ion Rod
  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 4D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Aimed, burst, or wild
  • Payload: Unlimited, or 10 blasts per e-clip when detached from internal power supply


Вероятно, вы, американцы, уже видите это на своем сканирующем оборудовании ... he thinks to himself smugly while being careful not to give away his feelings and maintaining a pleasant facade.

Translation
You Americans probably already see this on your scanning equipment.


Whichever way the guards answer, Spider will either surrender his ion rod as required, or put it away, ask for a map, and enter MercTown.

Mertown State Hosptial
Dr. Fyodor Demitriyevich Ivanov, a.k.a. "Spider"
Important Information
Current Status
M.D.C. by Location
]Head: 75; with a human, flesh face. Wears a protective helmet with a clear faceplate/shield in the field and in combat situations which provides an extra 35 M.D.C. to the face and head when worn.
Crane Arms (2, large, on back): 120 each
Robot Arms (2, on back): 60 each
Arms (2, human-looking): 50 each
Small, Retractable Utility Tool Arms (Varies, 8+): 11 each
Hands (2): 20 each
Feet (2): 25 each
Legs (2): 85 each
Main Body: 165

H.P.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 3/3


Current Conditions:

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +8%
Magic (varies): +3
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (15+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Possession: +2
Magic Illusions: +1
Mind Control: +1
Disease: +6
User avatar
Spider
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:01 am

Perception: 92% 1d100 = 24
JIC: 1d100 = 79 1d20 = 4

It had been an incredibly long trip to say the least, but Mouser had finally returned to Merctown. The robot was perhaps looking a little worse for wear outwardly, but was otherwise in pretty decent shape. It's nuclear power core had so far been holding out quite well despite it's limited life span thanks to heavy reliance on the solar systems it was equipped with. Of course, that had also slowed it's trip back a great deal as well. At least being somewhat familiarized with the gate rules from when it had first arrived, it would approach the guards without much concern. "Unit. Mouser. Organization Designation; Roughnecks." it stated.
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:44 am

Mouser arrives to see the familiar sight of the gates of Merctown, complete with a backed up queue of vehicles. Being on foot, Mouser finds himself being dealt with quicker as random searches are carried out. A pair of Defenders approach Mouser, one staying further back, rifle in a readied position, but not visibly threatening

The taller one steps forward and calls out"Next!" As Mouser steps forward, the tall guard visibly looks Mouser over from head to tail.

Mouser wrote:"Unit. Mouser. Organization Designation; Roughnecks." it stated.


His eyes narrow behind the visor of his helmet as he looks at his pad and enters the details

"Roughnecks seem to be popular this week. he whispers quietly to himself, but to Mouser's advanced audio system, he might as well have been shouting it from the rooftops.

"Okay, you've been here before, so you know the rules; no power armor or robot combat vehicles, No long arms or explosives. Our records show we will have to deactivate two weapon systems on your back and shoulders. Anything new to declare from last time?" he asks, though he sounds like he knows the answer already.

"Do you need a fresh copy of the map?"
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:23 am

Perception: 92% 1d100 = 50
JIC: 1d100 = 16 1d20 = 9

Armstrong wrote:"Okay, you've been here before, so you know the rules; no power armor or robot combat vehicles, No long arms or explosives. Our records show we will have to deactivate two weapon systems on your back and shoulders. Anything new to declare from last time?" he asks, though he sounds like he knows the answer already.


"Negative. This unit desires to purchase additional weaponry upgrades in the market." was Mouser's rather simplistic response. Which was true, proving he didn't have to always lie about everything, even though for some reason he tended to prefer being rather evasive about such matters.

Armstrong wrote:"Do you need a fresh copy of the map?"


"This unit will accept any updated copies should there be a revision." would come the second response. Beyond that, well, Mouser was fairly used to being treated... more or less like a Cyborg. That was probably the closest thing to explain to anyone what he was, in simplistic terms... Yes, keep it simple for the damned meatbags...
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:02 pm

The guard signals for your weapon systems to be deactivated and feeds the most up to date map data into your system.

"In you go, stay out of trouble." He waves you through, keeping an eye on you for a few metres before turning his attention to the next in the queue.

"NEXT!" you hear him bellow.

As Mouser walks through the gate, two individuals are stood just inside, who are dressed in almost complete opposites, but both appear to be looking at Mouser.

The shorter of the two is wearing a rich expensive robe, colourful almost to the point of gaudy, with a mixture of elaborate patterns. As you look closer at them, they appear to shift slightly. Whether it is the effect of magic, some optical illusion or maybe a trick of the light, you are not sure. Their hood is pulled up and their head turned away from you slightly, so you cannot see what they look like. The robe encompasses the person almost entirely, so you are unsure what gender or species they are.

The other, a bald, dark-skinned man with a long, heavy beard, and tree-trunk like chest with limbs to match who is wearing a simple brown tunic and sandals. He smiles at Zed and his teeth are like a military cemetery. There is mirth and sadness both in his big, slightly yellow-tinged eyes, and he throws his head back in laughter.

"That must surely be Mouser!" he guffaws loudly, "those must be some huge rats to require such a specimen to hunt them."

The robed figure shakes its head at this as the bald man continues, fixing his gaze on Mouser.

"I presume that you are looking for the Roughnecks," he asks the robot.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Perception: 92% 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d100 = 49 1d20 = 11

Mouser was moderately cautious when it was being observed like that. It knew that occasionally people, especially those freaky technophiles would bother the piss out of it. Additionally, it knew that there were decent odds -someone- would try to capture it to try and reverse engineer some of it's tech or just maybe try to pull it to pieces for parts or try to forcibly reprogram it, though none of that had happened to date just yet. That said, someone had wiped out the company that built it, thus paranoia was to be expected, because... really, was it paranoia if someone actually would be after you if they knew you were still operational? The statement it received about looking for the Roughnecks didn't entirely help matters. "This unit is seeking unit Wakiza, designation, owner." It would respond "Unit association; Roughnecks." Mouser was deciding to 'play dumb' for now, given that it had no idea who these two were, nor what they were capable of, much less what they actually wanted at the moment. The 'ownership' was, well.. more technical than anything. It's files insisted that there be a living 'owner' but beyond that the robot had become more or less fully self aware and self driven.

Mouser would come to a stop at a relatively safe distance from the pair, and then sit a bit like the cat it roughly resembled. Mouser debated for a moment clarifying that the 'rats' it was designed to hunt were people, and not animals, but ultimately decided against such a move. It didn't ultimately matter -what- Mouser was designed for specifically, combat was obvious and included... well.. anything alive or not so long as it was deemed either a threat or of interest.
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Mouser wrote: "This unit is seeking unit Wakiza, designation, owner." It would respond "Unit association; Roughnecks."


The broad chested man reaches into a pocket and holds up a small vid chip

"Your owner Wakiza," he looks a little perturbed at using the word, as if the idea of owning someone did not agree with him, "is currently on a very important mission alongside other mercenary group which may mean the difference between life and death for a lot of people. He reaches out to Mouser with the chip

The basic details can be found on here."

OOC Comments
if watched, the chip shows this scene at Blackman's not including the telepathic elements

viewtopic.php?f=170&t=6431&start=50#p1360693


"If you are willing, my friend here can transport you to their location to join in the fight?" he waits for your answer.


Presuming you follow, he leads you back to the gate, where your weapons are reactivated before leading you towards the leyline. They set a pace that is no for you effort to keep up, but the tall bearded man is obviously used to walking and sets a fast pace as if a man on a mission.

"Your new colleagues in the Roughnecks along with several other groups are engaged in a mission to save potentially the entire planet and certainly the city that you live from a dangerous entity known as Nxyl," he explains as you get close by.

Nearby, the robed individual gestures emphatically as suddenly you feel the onrush of magic and a portal appears. He steps to one side
"Best be quick, doubt the Defenders would be happy if we let any through."
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:42 pm

Perception: 92% 1d100 = 24
JIC: 1d100 = 81 1d20 = 12

Mouser was somewhat skeptical of both the offered chip and the other information, but none the less eventually checked up on it, pausing first to ensure that the slot the chip was plugged into was fairly isolated to protect itself from computer viruses or the like. After reviewing the information it just sat there a moment as it processed the potentials for follow up courses of action. "Understood. This unit will comply." it eventually replied, though it would then hesitate again when the method of transportation turned out to be a rift. Mouser didn't really like rifts. They didn't make -sense-. Mouser distrusted anything that didn't seem to follow mathematical norms or otherwise be able to be explained from a scientific standpoint and a Rift was certainly one of those things. The best Mouser could think of, was it being like some sort of 'wormhole' or the like. Even so, it was again hesitant. Still, eventually it would begrudgingly go along. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a grave miscalculation....
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Previous

Return to The City Gates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests