One-Eyed Jacks (178)

The slums of MercTown. Be careful what you do and say...the Merctown Defenders don't often come here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Tue May 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 37


Conditions:
- (Heart with Tiny Wings) Run at Superhuman Speed - 112/120 min duration, 70mph, Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge


Analoy zips along, thinking about what she heard the ninja woman say before she was out of range. Keep your nose clean, kiddo, or else you'll feel the Terror. Terror? huh, I may have to look into that. The way she said it made it sound more like a name than a threat of... As she nears the casino, she feels her darkness powers fade and the tickle of the magic tattoo as it re-appears on her skin.

Analoy spots Jez, Nuriel and Fiona as well as the empty hovercycle. Same marking as the one I dumped. I guess they decided to get one on their own. Maybe they should be told about the Terror too. Kinda seems like she didn't want me stirring up trouble and was less interested in the stolen bike. So not law enforcement.....this could be interesting. I definitely need to study the politics of this city. Her run warmed her up some but now that she's walking again, and still in her shorts and crop top, Analoy passes by the three women with only a glance as she hopes to make eye contact with them as she heads straight in to the casino.

Finding a seat at the bar where she can watch her back in a mirror or other reflective surface, Analoy orders a hot Irish Coffee from the bartender and enjoys the warmth of being back inside. Well this has been an interesting day indeed. I wonder if this is what was expected when I was sent here. She grins to herself and at the incredibly low likelihood that these exact events were foreseen when she was instructed to come to Merctown.

If she sees James or any of the others come in, Analoy will simple stay put and watch to see if they have been followed, as she lets them come to her.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Fiona » Wed May 31, 2017 7:58 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 57
Conditions: None.

Automobile Mechanics 1d100 = 62/49% Fail (To ID the mods)

Fiona is disgusted by the Ogre's near corpse-like body, but once the deed is done, Fiona sighs. "Whelp he shouldn't be a problem for anyone anymore." clapping her hands together, Fiona starts heading back to the casino while Nuriel searches the body. Fiona stops for a moment when she notices the mods. Wonder who put's there gear on? Once the rest arrive Fiona looks at them. "Hell of a evening huh?" Fiona says with a lopsided grin. "We could just move the bike into bed of my truck and deal with it later." Fiona says before lowering her voice. "That bike is modded to all hell. I was wrong I want to at least take a look at it."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Wed May 31, 2017 10:27 am

Perception: 1d20+8 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 191d100 = 62

Prowl 73%| 1d100 = 11
Prowl 73%| 1d100 = 52
Surveillance 58%| 1d100 = 5
Surveillance 58%| 1d100 = 86
I.D. Undercover Agent 60%| 1d100 = 98


James arrives back at the casino to see all the action out front. He tries to meld in with the crowd (prowl) and watches what's going on with the entire crowd. He will keep a close eye on his teammates watching for any tails or people watching them, (surveillance, ID Undercover Agent).

Contingency 1:
If he finds anyone keeping their eyes on anyone in the group he will discreetly hold up the camera bug until he gets a quality shot of the person, (prowl). He will then follow the follower into the casino as his teammates move inside, (surveillance).

Contingency 2:
If the area is all clear, James will walk into the bar and sit next to Analoy and order a whiskey while waiting for the rest of the group to make it inside. No need to show that we know each other just yet. May as well wait until the rest of the girls are here.
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill


James is also: Aether Eurasia GM Kilo Templars
User avatar
James Miller
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Wed May 31, 2017 11:52 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 13

Townsend wrote:Jez's checks for signs of life bear fruit. The ogre has a pulse and appears to still be breathing, but in all other ways he's totally unresponsive. As she and the others hoist him up it becomes apparent to Jez's practiced eye that his head may be moving around more than it should be. It would take a doctor to be certain (or at least someone with First Aid with more concern for his well-being), but it's possible he's suffered a cervical fracture of some sort.

It takes all three to 'walk' the ogre to an alley a block or so away. Although there are plenty of witnesses as they depart, none seem to challenge their fabricated conversation with their limp baggage (though Jez could swear that a few are staring a bit too long for comfort). After a few minutes of surveying the grimy back alleys of the Warrens for a place to deposit him, Nuriel spots a suitable darkened cubbyhole behind some large equipment beside a maintenance door at the bottom of a stairwell. He's wearing a suit of Urban Warrior armor over a predictably seedy-looking set of biker clothing. A search of his pockets include some keys, an unsecured card, a couple packs of cigarettes (one unopened, one about half full), a lighter, a pen/address book, a combat knife, and an unopened pair of condoms.

After the appropriate amounts of looting take place, the three ladies return to the entrance of the casino where the hovercycle has garnered the attention of a couple of bystanders. As they approach the bike, Fiona's sharp eye spots some sort of component attached that doesn't appear to be 'standard equipment.' What it may be, however, she can't tell right off the bat at a distance.

Nuriel wrote:Nuriel motions to the cubby-hole and the lot toss him inside. "I'll search the smelly behemoth." Nuriel adds with a bit of a scowl and will hold her breathe and search. She places each item off to the side for Jez and Fiona to glance through and makes an audible groan when she finds the condom pack; she'll show the other girls and snicker "Extra - Small." Before tossing it to the side, regardless of what it actually said. When they are done, she will wipe off her hands on the cleanest bit of his jacket and stand up, looking to the other two she shrugs. What a disgusting man she thinks looking back at the disabled ogre. She gathers up the valuables and will put them in to her satchel for later look-through and goes back to the entrance with the other two. She glances at Jezebel and states "Did we have another rendezvous point, what if they can track the location of their allies, it would lead them too us. Or if he wakes up." Nuriel will suggest in a hushed tone but ultimately will not argue if they stay; she has been most impressed with everyone thus far.

Fiona wrote:Fiona is disgusted by the Ogre's near corpse-like body, but once the deed is done, Fiona sighs. "Whelp he shouldn't be a problem for anyone anymore." clapping her hands together, Fiona starts heading back to the casino while Nuriel searches the body. Fiona stops for a moment when she notices the mods. Wonder who put's there gear on? Once the rest arrive Fiona looks at them. "Hell of a evening huh?" Fiona says with a lopsided grin. "We could just move the bike into bed of my truck and deal with it later." Fiona says before lowering her voice. "That bike is modded to all hell. I was wrong I want to at least take a look at it."


Cigarettes are more Kat's thing than my own. Perhaps she'll appreciate such a token. "Nuriel, I bet Kat would enjoy those smokes more than any of us. Why not offer them to her as a token when we meet back up?" Jez rolls her eyes out of sight at Nuriel's lewd joke. Girls will be girls no matter their training, I suppose. Dumping their cargo off in the stairwell, Jez rises up and answers Nuriel directly. "Let's head back to the casino. Gotta pay for our drinks, after all, and that bartender's unlikely to hold our seats."

Jez adds in response to Fiona, "If you've got a tarp, throw one over the bike so you can inspect it in detail later. Maybe just make sure it's not booby-trapped for now, and get it secured one way or another. Give us a holler if you need an extra pair of hands, we'll be inside freshening up ourselves and our glasses." With no more ado, Jez returns to the casino bar to finish her drink and wait for the return of the others.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:49 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10
JIC d20: 1d20 = 3
JIC d100: 1d100 = 35

Looking at the Doo-dad Fiona is Gawkin at on the Hoverbike
General Repair and Maintenance 53%: 1d100 = 22
Appraise Goods 68%: 1d100 = 60
Recognize Weapon Quality 53%: 1d100 = 90

Eyeballing the Lookie-Loos and Telling Them to Scram
Streetwise 63%: 1d100 = 16
I.D. Undercover Agent 65%: 1d100 = 43
Intimidate 65: 1d100 = 78

Kat nods at the others as they approach, giving the bike an appraising look. "Everyone's still in one piece, I see." Kat then turns her gaze to cover the onlookers at the scene, trying to spot anyone Kat wouldn't want showing an interest in her activities. Greenskins, Horsemen, and the MercTown Defenders are topping that list in Kat's mind. In that order. Then the City Rat kicks the armor's loudspeaker up a few notches in volume. "The fuck do ya'll think you're lookin' at? None of you ain't never spent a night in the Warrens before? Get lost!"

When Jez suggests loading up the bike, Kat nods. "While you're lookin' at them mods, Fi, keep an eye out for a tracker. Or a giant bomb rigged to blow." Should Fiona clear the bike as 'clean', Kat will use her suits augmented strength to 'muscle' it into the bed of Fiona's truck. In a quiet tone, loud enough for Fiona to hear, but not anyone else without enhanced hearing. "Ya know, Fi, there's another bike behind the Sound Box." Kat holds up her gross garbage bag. "I already took everything off the one guy, but I didn't wanna risk grabbing the bike and have it blow up in my face." Kat then tosses the garbage bag in the back of the truck too.

"Ya wanna go get it? I bet we can pack in up in the truck, too. Might be a bit of a squeeze."



If Kat spots a Greenskin, or Horseman, or even a paid informant she knows of, she's gonna call a flag on the play. "Don't bother with your tab, Jez. We leave now."Kat nods at the threat she spotted. "We already have the wrong kinda eyes on us. Meet up at the Flight Room." Kat then unceremoniously tosses the hoverbike in the back of Fiona's truck, followed by the garbage bag.

Kat then sticks around the casino just long enough to pass the same message to Analoy and James. If Kat has a few minutes, she'll try to get enough NGMI cash from the money cage to give each of them $5,000 NGMI in 100s, deducting the funds from her NGMI card. Otherwise, they get a "You passed. I'll have a little payment for your services tomorrow. More if you manage to get the bike to the Airport."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:29 pm

MINI-UPDATE...

Although they made their way back via separate routes, James and Analoy arrive in the general vicinity of the casino pretty close to each other. They rejoin company as they pass in between two large buildings -- only to notice a large group of rowdy individuals coming their way with seemingly no way to get past them. However, both spot a door that's been left ajar with a light coming from inside. It looks like just the place to duck into long enough to let the hooligans pass by. They step inside and close the door behind them.

A few seconds later, the crowd has passed and the two of them re-emerge from the doorway.

((OOC: And thus, y'all's Epic Adventure tie-in has been posted. Please respond in this thread for your epic posts.))
2017 "Epic Heroics" Adventure GM

GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 79


Stepping from the doorway, Analoy turns and looks back at the door, doing a bit of a double take before looking James in the eye and giving him a sharp nod. She then starts to make her way back to the casino. Her earlier plan to head straight into the casino bar and get something warm to drink has evaporated as the space behind the door she and James ducked into seems to have warmed her up quite a bit, instead she makes a b-line for the group of women.

Cutting her eyes between the individual women and the hovercycle. So were James and I just a distraction so these women could pull off a heist of their own. If so, why are we standing out on the street with this hoverbike? Weighing her words, Analoy says, "I've had an interesting conversation tonight. I'll tell you all about it when we're off the street and out of the public eye but the summary would be that we don't want to get caught with any of their shit." She jerks her head at the hoverbike that is currently gaining the attention of some passers by.

Analoy looks around again as the cold air starts to seep into her again, damnit, I really need to get a cloak. Or better yet a magic ring that makes me immune to the cold. She grins as this idea comes to her then she looks expectantly at Jez and Kat, waiting for some direction.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:10 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Monday, February 3rd, 111 PA
Roughly 7:40 PM (approximately 2 hours 20 minutes since sunset)
36 degrees F (high was 46, projected low of 27)


As Nuriel inspects the ogre's belongings, her keen mind is able to pick up on certain subtle (and not so much) clues about their would-be assailant. He is heavily covered in tattoos in a variety of styles and motifs -- and her equally keen eyes pick up some that look distinctly Atlantean. None of them look quite like the ones she knows to be magical, and none have the tell-tale 'feel' of magic, but the style is apparent none the less. Whether this is because he's been to Atlantis, or simply been to a tattooist who has, is a mystery. The style of his clothes reinforce the obvious assumption that he is part of a typical gang of biker thugs, but the quality of his armor's construction/maintenance indicate that the gang doesn't go cheap. His lack of packing anything more lethal than a neural mace and a combat knife (despite what the condom wrappers might say) would indicate that he was/is a relatively low-ranking member in the gang. However, it is a rare gang that would have the kind of funds to outfit even low-ranking members in quality armor. Even though Nuriel is relatively new to the politics of the Warrens, it's pretty clear that the Horsemen are more than what they seem.

Kat looks around as she walks up, but while she certainly spots a few characters that don't seem to have a strong moral code she doesn't see any familiar faces in the small crowd that's gathering. As she shouts them off he intent of cowing them down doesn't seem to work too well as none of them appear too scared at a 5'5" gal with a grimy garbage bag slung over her back. However, after some jeers and less-than-cheerful gestures the crowd does more or less disperse.

At Jez's suggestion (and at Kat's agreement), Fiona tries to check out the hovercycle on the spot but is unable to make heads or tails of the bike's modifications. Fortunately for the group Jez's knowledge of surveillance equipment means she knows a tracking device when she sees one -- and she sees one tucked away under the nose just inside the main air intake. It's a bit of a tricky job, but Fiona manages to get it out and turn it off before it gets loaded up in the back of her truck. ((OOC: Quick word of advice, you never know when it'll be helpful to check against all your skills that might be applicable... such as Surveillance for Jez to spot a 'bug' and Electrical Engineer for Fiona... but situations like this are why JiC rolls are worth their weight in gold.))

Meanwhile, James and Analoy emerge from the door in the alley and make their way to the casino bar where they do their best to drink off the cold outside. The freelance spy casts a wary eye on the crowd but can't identify anyone who might be an undercover agent (although there's several shady-looking types milling around).

Try as she might though the Atlantean Maxi-Gal can't stop shivering as she's dressed for far warmer climates. The bartender takes notice and gives her a sympathetic grimace. "Oh sugar, blue just ain't your color -- especially for your skin." She returns with a cup of hot chocolate and adds just a dash of rum. "Here, this oughtta warm you up. On the house..." she adds as she slides it over to her. "Oh, and you can take this as well." She reaches underneath the bar and pulls out a scruffy-and-patched-up-but-warm-looking jacket. "This has been in our 'lost and found' box for about a week now. Figure whoever left it either got another one or just figured it wasn't worth coming back for."

After the Horsemen swag has been loaded up and the other four co-conspirators in tonight's little operation have re-entered the casino, Kat grabs some NGMI funds to pass along to the impromptu booster couple. Before she can leave, however, a trio of armed security guards approach the group -- particularly Jez/Fiona/Nuriel. One of them is clad in NG Gladius armor and is clearly in charge.

"Good evening ladies. We've reviewed security camera footage of what happened, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you all to leave. Please finish your drinks and gather your belongings from the check-in desk as you exit."


What are you doing?
2017 "Epic Heroics" Adventure GM

GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 25
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13
JIC d100: 1d100 = 86


Social Interaction Skills (Kat's talking a lot, again)
Charm/Impress 20%: 1d100 = 77
Invoke Trust/Intimidate 65%: 1d100 = 48


Kat puts the cash into James' and Analoy's hands. "There's more in it for you if you can get the bike to the Airport in the morning. We'll likely be renting space out there for a headquarters. Consider yourself hired, both of you."

Kat looks to Analoy. "Anything familiar about the Horsemen you saw?"

Kat looks to both of them again. "Anything else about the run I need to know this second?"




When the three who were still at the casino the whole time are told to leave by security, Kat grimaces inwardly. I was trying to keep the action away from this place. Might have worked better if I had informed the others about that.. Too late now.

"My sincerest apologies. These friends of mine are not yet familiar with all the local customs. We'll be on our way, now." Kat puts on her greasiest smile and then attempts to escort the lot out the door before Jez possibly says something rude.

"We should definitely take our show somewhere else. I have a room at the Ambassador if anyone wants to bunk down with the safety of numbers for the night. I assume you are at the Palace, Jez?"
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Fiona » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 12
Conditions: None.

Fiona finishes her drink and sighs. Well that was fun while it lasted I guess. Fi looks to Jez and Kat. "I'll drive whoever wherever." Fi says as she walks out of the casino, not having brought anything to be checked. Once at the truck she lightly pounds her fist on the door frame in frustration before opening the vehicle up. Climbing in Fiona sighs once more before starting the vehicle up. Fiona waits for the others to join her. "So where too."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 6

As the security goons come strolling in and make their announcement, Jez quaffs the last of her drink and gets to her feet alarmingly quickly. She then stretches out her arms in a yawn "Well, Kat, you were wrong. This is not a place where a girl can let her hair down after all. Too stuffy. Ladies, Jimmy, let's go before these gentlemen see fit to try and give me a good time. After the jerk in the parking lot accosted us, I feel as though I'm no longer in the mood."

Kat wrote:"We should definitely take our show somewhere else. I have a room at the Ambassador if anyone wants to bunk down with the safety of numbers for the night. I assume you are at the Palace, Jez?"

"Nah," Jez corrects Kat as they walk outside the casino, "I've got a room at the Quiet Warrior Inn still. Shit. Guess I ought to upgrade to the Palace though. It's been nearly a full 24 hours since I last had some shut-eye. I should check in at the Warrior and let 'em know I'm leaving; the owners are really nice folks, wouldn't want to put them out a room on my account."

She looks to Fiona. "Mind if we swing by there so I can let 'em know?" (off-screen) "After that, I'll put you up with me at the Palace." Jez touches a finger to her chin. "Come to think of it, I think they have suites. Let's just grab the nicest suite they have available and enjoy ourselves some luxury, shall we? My treat. Think of it as a signing bonus if you like."

Jez then helps out as needed to get shit in order, including casually pointing out the tracking device, and then hops in the passenger seat, yawning.
Fi wrote:"So where to."

"The Quiet Warrior Inn, then to the Palace, my lovely. Oh, one sec."

She shouts out the side door at Kat. "See you at the Palace! Don't spend your credits! I'm gonna get us a big suite!"

"Onward, driver, and don't spare the fuel!"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 48

Analoy smiles as the barkeeper brings over the steaming mug of hot chocolate. When the bar keeper digs up the old jacket Analoy is taken back some, "Thank you. You really didn't have to do this. I really need to be better prepared when I travel." She holds the jacket up and looks it over, making sure its louse free and doesn't have anything the prior own might come looking for.

When the other three women come over, Analoy nods and motions to the other seats. "I can't say if I ever saw a Horseman, aside from the ones that were shooting at us. The bike took some damage so I went ahead and ditched it. That's when some ninja looking girl popped up. She didn't look like a horseman. Said something about watching out for the Terror. Then I took off." Analoy gives another shrug before turning to face the assembling group.

Analoy takes a step back when the armed guards make their way over and ask the other three women to leave. Shooting the bartender a smile, she says, "Thanks again." and leaves $200 on the bar from the stack of cash that Kat just gave her.

When the three start to move away from the guards, Analoy slides up to the guards with a sickly sweet smile, "Sorry about that. New friends always seem to want to show off." She holds out a hand with $3000 in cash in it and says, "Here take this for any clean up that needs to be done. And if that video were to get erased, I'm sure it'd be for the best." She smiles again as he hurries to catch up with the rest of the group.

Once outside, Analoy sticks close to Fiona. Just in case the group splits up she wants to make sure she grabs her gear. When Jez brings up a nice place to stay for the night, Analoy says, "I guess I'm riding with you two tonight. I left my stuff in Fiona's truck before we came in. Plus I don't think I'm up for another round of walking about until I get some proper clothes."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 100

Electronic Countermeasures 53%| 1d100 = 41
Detect Concealment 43%| 1d100 = 82

Analoy wrote: "Thank you. You really didn't have to do this. I really need to be better prepared when I travel."


James cringes when the bartender hands her the jacket, Who knows what he's put in that damn thing? Once they are out of earshot of the bar he reaches towards the jacket and clears his throat looking a little embarrassed, "I'm sorry to be a little paranoid but would you mind me taking a quick looks at that, just to be sure its clear."(Electronic Countermeasures, Detect concealment). If she does had it over James will take a real close look to make sure there is no bugs attached.

Analoy wrote:When the other three women come over, Analoy nods and motions to the other seats. "I can't say if I ever saw a Horseman, aside from the ones that were shooting at us. The bike took some damage so I went ahead and ditched it. That's when some ninja looking girl popped up. She didn't look like a horseman. Said something about watching out for the Terror. Then I took off." Analoy gives another shrug before turning to face the assembling group.


Once Analoy finishes her narrative James jumps in, "I was actually followed once we split up as well. I beat him at his own game though and was able to get some video. It was definitely not a run of the mill biker thug, the guy had some decent skills. I can show everyone the video after and see if anyone recognizes him."

Analoy wrote:Once outside, Analoy sticks close to Fiona. Just in case the group splits up she wants to make sure she grabs her gear. When Jez brings up a nice place to stay for the night, Analoy says, "I guess I'm riding with you two tonight. I left my stuff in Fiona's truck before we came in. Plus I don't think I'm up for another round of walking about until I get some proper clothes."


James walks up beside Analoy and says quiet enough for her to hear, " Great work tonight, that was a blast." To the rest of the girls he adds, "Fiona, do you have room for the token male?" James will jump in where ever there is room, Feels good to be with a team again. Hopefully this doesn't go south like shit usually does for me.
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill


James is also: Aether Eurasia GM Kilo Templars
User avatar
James Miller
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Nuriel » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 am

Perception: 1d20 = 12+3=15
JiC: 1d20 = 6 // 1d100 = 74
Skill Rolls
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 70/45% (To charm said guard) (Fail)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 22/60% (To invoke trust in said guard) (Pass)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 18/51% (General Intellect Check) (Pass)
Land Navigation: 1d100 = 51/60% (To familiarize herself with the route) (Pass)


It is rare I find someone who is keen to my kind's art of tattoos. None are of worry, some may even be called beautiful if not for the body they were on. Hmm, this is curious. Nuriel thinks to herself and looks over to Jez and any other teammate nearby. "This group is more advanced than most if at all judging by the armor and weapons they hold. He bares some strange tattoos as well, some belonging to the typical gang, others not so much." She states matter-of-fact and gets up with the pile of gear wrapped in a cloth. Unsure how trustworthy the lot is, she doesn't describe her knowledge of the Atlantean tattoos just yet but will if it becomes important.

Guard Captian wrote:"Good evening ladies. We've reviewed security camera footage of what happened, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you all to leave. Please finish your drinks and gather your belongings from the check-in desk as you exit."


Nuriel frowns slightly but bows her head in cooperation after Kat's statement and slams the remainder of her drink with an iron-stomach. "My sincerest apologies." She states and will leave with them. When Jez offers up the Palace as a signing bonus she smiles. This truly is an interesting lot. "I've got a room at the Collegiate, but am glad to be away, lead on." She offers her hand in a nonchalant direction and follows.
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:33 pm

[rolls held]

James cringes when the bartender hands her the jacket, Who knows what he's put in that damn thing? Once they are out of earshot of the bar he reaches towards the jacket and clears his throat looking a little embarrassed, "I'm sorry to be a little paranoid but would you mind me taking a quick looks at that, just to be sure its clear."(Electronic Countermeasures, Detect concealment). If she does had it over James will take a real close look to make sure there is no bugs attached.


Analoy shrugs and hands the jacket off to James before they get outside, "Be my guest. She seemed pretty nice, but if anyone around here is shopping for information, I guess its better to be safe then sorry." She gives James a smile and pats him on the shoulder. Is he just wanting to show off his skills to our new bosses or is this just how he operates?
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Kat's Thinkin' Skills For James' and Analoy
Streetwise 63%:1d100 = 5
Find Contraband 64%: 1d100 = 25 Painting a Mental Picture of Who's who in the Warrens
History: Post-Apocalyptic (MercTown Area) 73/68%: 1d100 = 90 Painting a Mental Picture of Who's who in the Warrens


Analoy wrote:"I can't say if I ever saw a Horseman, aside from the ones that were shooting at us. The bike took some damage so I went ahead and ditched it. That's when some ninja looking girl popped up. She didn't look like a horseman. Said something about watching out for the Terror. Then I took off."


Kat makes a recognizing grunt at this and interjects with a question. "Ninja girl? Was she wearing red?" Kat's tone indicates she strongly suspects the answer already. The Red Terror helped look for Kat's mother, after all. Well, no worries about THOSE guys telling the Horsemen shit.

James Miller wrote:Once Analoy finishes her narrative James jumps in, "I was actually followed once we split up as well. I beat him at his own game though and was able to get some video. It was definitely not a run of the mill biker thug, the guy had some decent skills. I can show everyone the video after and see if anyone recognizes him."


"Hmmm. Well best-case scenario it was the same group watching and tailed you both. Worst-case, someone else knows more than they should. I guess I won't ask about distinguishing characteristics with you having video and all." By this point, the jig is up on James' cover. Jez called it. He's a spook.

Analoy wrote:When the three start to move away from the guards, Analoy slides up to the guards with a sickly sweet smile, "Sorry about that. New friends always seem to want to show off." She holds out a hand with $3000 in cash in it and says, "Here take this for any clean up that needs to be done. And if that video were to get erased, I'm sure it'd be for the best." She smiles again as he hurries to catch up with the rest of the group.


Kat nods nearly imperceptibly at the bribe. This one knows how things get done.

Jezebel wrote:"Nah," Jez corrects Kat as they walk outside the casino, "I've got a room at the Quiet Warrior Inn still. Shit. Guess I ought to upgrade to the Palace though. It's been nearly a full 24 hours since I last had some shut-eye. I should check in at the Warrior and let 'em know I'm leaving; the owners are really nice folks, wouldn't want to put them out a room on my account."


"Nice place, I know it. I ain't got wheels either, I took a cab here. Don't think I want to wait for one on the street. How much room you got in that thing, Fi?"

Nuriel wrote:"I've got a room at the Collegiate, but am glad to be away, lead on." She offers her hand in a nonchalant direction and follows.


"This could be fun, girls." James is clearly ignored in that statement at least. Or, at least hopefully ignored and not emasculated.

Jezebel wrote:"Don't spend your credits! I'm gonna get us a big suite!"


"Lookin crowded in there, Fi. I'm happy enough with riding in the bed seeing how I'm in no shape to rub elbows with." With that, Kat hops in the back and squeezes in whatever space is left.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:13 pm

"Step on it, Fi!" Jez grins at the driver as she shares the cab of the vehicle with more people than is comfortable. I'll be damned if this isn't close to like being back on Arismal as a teenager.

Per Townsend's blessing via chat, continue posting here, everybody.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 16+3=19
JiC: 1d100 = 88 // 1d20 = 10
Not the Assassin you are looking for
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 73/80% (Like me, hate me... Listen to me.)
Recognize Sounds & Voices: 1d100 = 88/58% (Commit voices to memory)
Headhunters, Find Contraband: 1d100 = 75/78% (Find the connection between the Card and the Person)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 49/66% (Speaking vaguely)
Streetwise: 1d100 = 17/54% (Notion over the right barkeep and/or the right person)
Surveillance: 1d100 = 42/73% (No one else is Incognito)
Prowl: 1d100 = 30/63% (Incognito)
Interrogation: 1d100 = 30/55% (Ask about the Man)
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 30/63% (Dissuade anyone from recognizing him being with the Spooks)


Echo leaves the Haunt with his overcoat over his armor though no where near considered out of place as he traverses the city. When he arrives at One-Eyed Jacks he scoffs quietly, "Diamond in the rough..." He mutters as he walks in and goes towards the bar scene. He'll remove his helmet revealing his first cyber-disguise of Jason Schroeder and knock on the bar to single for a drink. When the bartender reaches him, Echo'll speak.

"G'day, the drink of the night if you please." Echo remarks, asking for whatever the specialty drink of the night is. When he is given the drink, he will mutter, "Hoping you can help me find someone, barkeep. The man with the Axe." Echo remarks, his voice barely more than a whisper as he palms the Black Pass, allowing the Barkeep to see it before slipping it back again. Echo will maintain his hand on his side-arm in case he doesn't get the reaction he is hoping for.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby SNAFU » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:22 pm

One-Eyed Jack's stands out among the shabby hovels in the Warrens. Bright lights, slick design and music pumped into the streets draws gamblers like a moth to flame.
Image
It's a bit early in the day and the place is mostly empty. Echo approaches a bar, orders a drink, a heavy ale called Dwarven Maul, and then flashes the Black Pass. The bartender does a slight double-take but other-wise acts disinterested. With a deliberate movement that was obviously a failed attempt to seem casual, the bartender presses a button under the bar.

Image

Barely finishing his first sip, Echo is approached by a handsome well-dress man, perhaps 50 years old.
"Good evening, sir. My name is Jason Handler, and I am the head of security here at One-Eyed Jacks. May I ask what name it is you go by?" the man's manner is exceptionally polite and reveals a cultured past. Once Echo has given his alias, Handler smiles, "Very good, Mr. Schroeder. Now if you would please come with me..." Handler trails of as he makes to lead Echo out of the public casino area and into the back of the club. Although Echo has spotted at least 30 armed security men in the casino, none of them seem particularly interested in him. It is just him and Handler, so Echo follows.
Image
Echo is taken to large, luxurious and expensively furnished office-type room. The room is exceptionally designed and decorated except for one incongruous feature, the west wall frames a large garage-style sliding door, which appears to be made of Mega-steel. The cold, industrial look of the door clashes harshly with the rest of the elegant space. While Handler takes his leave, the door slides open.
Image
The most first thing Echo notices is a spare, concrete room absolutely painted with blood. At the center of the room is a metal gurney with a large lump of meat on it. Judging by the limbs and body parts strewn about the floor, the meat-lump was once a person of some-kind or other.
Image
And then Echo focuses on the man emerging from the room. The moniker "The Man With the Axe" turns out to not be a symbolic or euphemistic label but a literal one. A long axe, it's head dripping blood on the ground as the man uses it like a cane as he enters the office proper. A large, seemingly augmented dog walks with the man, just inches from his side. Despite the blood splattered all over the walls, both dog and man are completely spotless.
"Good evening Mr. Schroeder, My name is Phillip Ernhardt. May I see it?"
Once the Pass has been looked over, Ernhardt looks back to Echo.
"Very well. Tell me what your purpose here is," sighs Ernhardt with what might be a tinge of regret.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Echo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17+3=20
JiC: 1d100 = 93 // 1d20 = 9
OOC Comments
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 71/80% (Come off as trustworthy)
Charm: 1d100 = 34/40% (Come off as sincere)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 63/66% (Steer the conversation where he wants it)
Recognize Weapon Quality: 1d100 = 66/71% (Axe and it's purpose, durability, threat level)


After the escort down the hallway and the sight of the grotesque concrete room, the assassin wonders just where he was sent, his hand gliding across the small of his back as he feels for his newly acquired dagger. This looks like some illegitimate operations do, not that mine have been legit in the past; best to be ready.

Ernhardt wrote:"Good evening Mr. Schroeder, My name is Phillip Ernhardt. May I see it?" ... "Very well. Tell me what your purpose here is,"


Ernhardt, Phillip Ernhardt, now I know his name. The voice of sullen man, just what does he do... Echo ponders for a moment before offering the man a cordial nod.
"Mr. Ernhardt, I was sent this way by another party. One whom I do not trust, but know has no reason to lie." He offers, seeing any reaction the man offers in his vague reference to Hades. "I am here seeking the means to be the best at what I do; My line of work requires I be able to operate alone or in groups, to end life swiftly at any distance. As my work continues, my contracts become increasingly challenging for me to handle... I am only as useful as the equipment I carry. In my line of work, this is a dangerous weakness, one I need to correct." Echo states, describing his predicament as vaguely as possible to begin with to gauge Mr Ernhardt's reactions and answers.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby SNAFU » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:53 am

Echo wrote:
Ernhardt wrote:"Good evening Mr. Schroeder, My name is Phillip Ernhardt. May I see it?" ... "Very well. Tell me what your purpose here is,"


Ernhardt, Phillip Ernhardt, now I know his name. The voice of sullen man, just what does he do... Echo ponders for a moment before offering the man a cordial nod.
"Mr. Ernhardt, I was sent this way by another party. One whom I do not trust, but know has no reason to lie." He offers, seeing any reaction the man offers in his vague reference to Hades. "I am here seeking the means to be the best at what I do; My line of work requires I be able to operate alone or in groups, to end life swiftly at any distance. As my work continues, my contracts become increasingly challenging for me to handle... I am only as useful as the equipment I carry. In my line of work, this is a dangerous weakness, one I need to correct." Echo states, describing his predicament as vaguely as possible to begin with to gauge Mr Ernhardt's reactions and answers.


"This party was reticent with the details, I see, typical of his kind. Rather thoughtless.
Allow me to explain, you have been selected, or rather deemed worthy, as a candidate for an advanced enhancement program. We call it Thanatos X.
As you may or may not know, I am a Black Market Capo, I run all the gambling Ops in Merctown. But that is a false identity, I am an agent of Thanatos."


Ernhardt goes on to explain the nature of the Thanatos organization. Much like the Palladium group, Thanatos is a criminal organization that infiltrates other criminal organizations. 20% of all Black Market Organizations are Thanatos double agents. In the case of the Chicago Mob and Bandito Industries the infiltration is almost as high as 30%.

Phillip Ernhardt is a Capo of the Chicago Syndicate and runs their casinos in Merctown. But the Man with the Axe, the man speaking to you now, is a Thanatos infiltrator and recruiter.

"You have a choice to make. We can provide what you seek, but at a significant cost. You must agree to a lifetime contract. Breaking the contract will result in your death. Speaking of Thanatos outside this room will result in you death. If you in any way compromise the secrecy and security of Thanatos, it will result in your death.

The process is extremely painful, many candidates do not survive the procedure. Sometimes there are lingering side-effects or permanent disfigurement. It's always a gamble when one seeks power. But the upside is glorious. You will be a living weapon, capable of handling any tactical situation. Your mind will become sharper, more focused. Physically, you will rival the most fearsome juicers. And all without ugly brain implants that drive you nuts, or a poisonous Juice Rig that condemned you to a short life.

If you accept we will begin right away, the process takes several months to complete. You will need to come up with a plausible cover story for your associates and acquaintances.

If you decline I will need to get my resident Mindfracker to wipe your mind clean of all that you learned here before I can allow you to leave.

What do you choose"?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Echo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 14+3=17
JiC: 1d100 = 62 // 1d20 = 6
Intelligence: 1d100 = 49/66%
Interrogation: 1d100 = 48/55%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 16/80%

Echo gauges the mans responses and narrows his eyes at the offer of "Commit or else" with a slight smile curling across his lips. Cutthroat and bold, he answers as I expected. Echo ponders before nodding his head slightly.

"Mr. Ernhardt, do not confuse me with subjects of the past. Thanatos is no new name for me, though your motives remain unclear, it is Thanatos I am seeking." Echo remarks, "Contractual Obligations are what I live by however before I could agree to your terms I need to make a couple things crystal clear." Echo states.

"First, I need to ensure that any contract with Thanatos does not directly inhibit or otherwise require me to do things against my current contract, which is also pseudo-lifetime in nature though nothing truly lasts that long." Echo begins, expressing that the contract with Thanatos can in no way go against the Spook Squad.

"Secondly, assuming we can meet the first criteria, it also needs to be known that I have no issues removing threats as your organization sees it, but I am not some lackey nor expendable piece of hardware. If this contract is truly for life, I have a certain expectation for a degree of mutual respect and/or cooperation." Echo continues, expressing that he is not some simple lackey; he is a killer to be used when needed, an Ace in the hole, so to speak.

If the above two can be met, Echo adds one final tidbit before agreeing. "One last thing before I commit to this, Mr. Ernhardt. If we come to agreeable terms here, and everything goes according to plan then you and your organization will have gained a loyal and capable ally. That said, if Thanatos should ever deem me expendable or tries to remove me I will not hesitate to use all of my resources against you." He states matter-of-factly, "Just so we have a clear understanding of each other, and I assume your organization has a similar thought process. Trust is earned and it goes both ways." Echo finishes.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby SNAFU » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:09 am

"First, I need to ensure that any contract with Thanatos does not directly inhibit or otherwise require me to do things against my current contract, which is also pseudo-lifetime in nature though nothing truly lasts that long."


"You are embedded in one of the most prestigious small unit mercenary companies in Merctown. It is rumored they have defeated both gods and armies. We wouldn't want you to be anywhere else, nor to jeopardize your position there." Ernhardt assures Echo that Thanatos will never endanger or conflict with his current arrangement.

"Secondly, assuming we can meet the first criteria, it also needs to be known that I have no issues removing threats as your organization sees it, but I am not some lackey nor expendable piece of hardware. If this contract is truly for life, I have a certain expectation for a degree of mutual respect and/or cooperation."


"The Black Pass is not given to lackeys and the are never tossed away." Ernhardt says simply.

"One last thing before I commit to this, Mr. Ernhardt. If we come to agreeable terms here, and everything goes according to plan then you and your organization will have gained a loyal and capable ally. That said, if Thanatos should ever deem me expendable or tries to remove me I will not hesitate to use all of my resources against you." He states matter-of-factly, "Just so we have a clear understanding of each other, and I assume your organization has a similar thought process. Trust is earned and it goes both ways."


"Of course. If it were to be any other way you would not be a candidate for the Thanatos X program."


If the Bargain is made then Ernhardt instructs Echo to make his arrangements and take his leave of his colleagues. In the morning he is to head to the Merctown Airport, and find the private hangar of the Coronis Charter company. They will be prepared to transport Echo to a secret facility in the New West. There he will begin the program.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:20 am

Perception: 1d20 = 14+3=17
JiC: 1d100 = 63 // 1d20 = 5

After Ernhardt provides satisfactory answers to all of Echo's criteria, Echo nods as he grabs his helmet and reattaches it, hiding his face once again. This is looking promising, pain is nothing compared to the potential rewards. Echo thinks.

"We have an accord, Mr. Ernhardt. I will go inform my colleagues of personal business and then head to the drop point." Echo states and will leave, returning to the The Haunt.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Colorado

Previous

Return to The Warrens

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests