Firewaters (180)

The slums of MercTown. Be careful what you do and say...the Merctown Defenders don't often come here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Firewaters (180)

Postby Augur » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:09 am

Image

One of the better establishments in the Warrens, this tavern is clean, well kept and largely free of gang or criminal activity. The music is good, the cost of most drinks is 2-4 credits, they aren't watered down, and the bar food is okay. Firewaters is managed by a Burster psychic who often puts on displays of his flame powers by lighting drinks and cigarettes with his finger, setting the M.D.C. bar aflame (without it actually burning) and similar pyrotechnic stunts. It is a popular spot, especially with psychics and the younger crowd.
Image
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Firewaters (180)

Postby Whisper » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:40 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 5;JIC d100: 1d100 = 95

With an overwhelming need to drink, Lily enters the tavern and finds a free seat. She's not looking for trouble, and mostly keeps to herself until she downs a few drinks, then begins to get louder and louder.

"Oh yeah! That's th' stuff! Turn up the music!"
Lived through another flipping fight. Not bad.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Firewaters (180)

Postby SNAFU » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:48 pm

Whisper wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+2 = 22
Just in Case d20: Original post: 1d20 = 5;JIC d100: Original post: 1d100 = 95

With an overwhelming need to drink, Lily enters the tavern and finds a free seat. She's not looking for trouble, and mostly keeps to herself until she downs a few drinks, then begins to get louder and louder.

"Oh yeah! That's th' stuff! Turn up the music!"
Lived through another flipping fight. Not bad.


Lily arrives at the bar when it is still quiet and with a few sullen loners the only patrons. By the time she's finished her third drink the crowd has swelled; as the young and the hip deem it late enough to come out. Her looks and heavy drinking attract attention from 90% of the patrons, four people in particular stick out as being particularly interested.

Image

All four will approach her unless you specifically decide to avoid one of them altogether.

Lily sees the leather-clad rock'n'roll cowboy coming from a mile away. He is about ten years older than anybody else in the bar. He grins at her as he drawls, "Hey, little baby-doll, wanna see a magic trick?"

The femme fatale "bumps" into Lily at the bar. "Hey, honey buy a girl a drink?"

The handsome fellow in the suit sends a drink Lily's way and then invites himself over. "I'm pretty sure I know all the mercs in town. You must be new. I'm a 'contract facilitator'. My name is Indiana Wu, what's yours?"

Later Lily is the one who does the bumping as she runs into a young merc who looks just a few years older than her, "You've had enough sister-comrade, you need help getting home?"
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Firewaters (180)

Postby Whisper » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 6;JIC d100: 1d100 = 52

Cowboy wrote: "Hey, little baby-doll, wanna see a magic trick?"

Why do people feel the need to ruin a perfectly good day with magic? Lily shrugs her shoulders indifferently. "Sure, why not."

FF wrote: "Hey, honey buy a girl a drink?"

"Uh, awright, wha's your pleasure?", Lily blinks a bit dizzy. She'll order two. Loudly.

iWu wrote:"I'm pretty sure I know all the mercs in town. You must be new. I'm a 'contract facilitator'. My name is Indiana Wu, what's yours?"

"Whisper. I've lived 'ere all m' life. Ain't new.", Lily answers shaking her head disdainfully, clearly slurring words.

Comrade wrote:"You've had enough sister-comrade, you need help getting home?"

"Yeah, yeah, you're right. Good thing you're lookin' out fer me." Lily snickers, then asks the bartender if she can buy a couple of bottles of bourbon to take home. "Yeah, I guess I sh' go home an' sleep. After I finiss...finiff...after I 'ave these." If she gets to buy alcohol to take home, she lets the young merc help her out of the tavern without fuss. Just a lot of stumbling.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Firewaters (180)

Postby SNAFU » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:22 pm

Whisper wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+2 = 4
Just in Case d20: Original post: 1d20 = 6;JIC d100: Original post: 1d100 = 52

Cowboy wrote: "Hey, little baby-doll, wanna see a magic trick?"

Why do people feel the need to ruin a perfectly good day with magic? Lily shrugs her shoulders indifferently. "Sure, why not."


Cowboy pulls a coin from behind Lily's ear. "See! Magic!"

Whisper wrote:
FF wrote: "Hey, honey buy a girl a drink?"

"Uh, awright, wha's your pleasure?", Lily blinks a bit dizzy. She'll order two. Loudly.


Lily chats with the nice-looking lady, buying her several drinks over the course of an hour. Her name is Lulu Bojean, a local 'entertainer'. Eventually Lulu spots a drunk merc flashing his cash around, "Oh my, I think I found myself a mark. Good evening Ms. Whisper. Thanks for the drinks. "

Whisper wrote:
iWu wrote:"I'm pretty sure I know all the mercs in town. You must be new. I'm a 'contract facilitator'. My name is Indiana Wu, what's yours?"

"Whisper. I've lived 'ere all m' life. Ain't new.", Lily answers shaking her head disdainfully, clearly slurring words.


"Oh, it's you." Wu walks away disdainfully.

Whisper wrote:
Comrade wrote:"You've had enough sister-comrade, you need help getting home?"

"Yeah, yeah, you're right. Good thing you're lookin' out fer me." Lily snickers, then asks the bartender if she can buy a couple of bottles of bourbon to take home. "Yeah, I guess I sh' go home an' sleep. After I finiss...finiff...after I 'ave these." If she gets to buy alcohol to take home, she lets the young merc help her out of the tavern without fuss. Just a lot of stumbling.


"Holy Shit girl, I don't you think you need that either. My name is Cassidy Jones by the way."
Cassidy walks Lily home. She gives Lily her number, "We should hang out some time. Talk shop or something. Later, lush."
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Firewaters (180)

Postby Whisper » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:56 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 11;JIC d100: 1d100 = 62

Lily thanks Cassidy profusely on the way home. "Thans a lot, Cass. You've alwaysss been a goo' frien'."
Beyond throwing up in an alley, and stumbling around, she doesn't remember much else.

Cassidy wrote:"We should hang out some time. Talk shop or something. Later, lush."

"Okay, Cashidy...Cassidy. Fanks a lot." Lily stumbles unsteadily into the Haunt.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Firewaters (180)

Postby Whisper » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:45 pm

Per: 1d20+2 = 3
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 100

Dressed to kill, Lily sashays into Firewaters, immediately orders a bottle of bourbon and starts looking around, hoping to spot Lulu. Lily twirls a lock of her hair nervously while quickly drinking. When she's sufficiently sloshed, she noisily asks the nearest patron what they think of her outfit. 'Cause I think I can break a few hearts.
OOC Comments
Charm/Impress 1d100 = 12/50%, pass; Seduction 1d100 = 62/35%, fail; Wardrobe & Grooming 1d100 = 4/70%, pass


If she spots Lulu, she tries first to get her attention subtly but if that doesn't work, Lily gulps down another swig of bourbon and approaches her directly (and in spite of any company she might already have).
"Heya, Lulu, spare some time for me?"

If Lily doesn't see Lulu, she just drinks until she starts drunkenly dancing on tables and loudly joins in any conversations nearby that strike her interest.
OOC Comments
Dancing 1d100 = 68/30%,fail
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Firewaters (180)

Postby SNAFU » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Whisper wrote:Per: Original post: 1d20+2 = 3
JiC d20/d100: Original post: 1d20 = 8/Original post: 1d100 = 100

Dressed to kill, Lily sashays into Firewaters, immediately orders a bottle of bourbon and starts looking around, hoping to spot Lulu. Lily twirls a lock of her hair nervously while quickly drinking. When she's sufficiently sloshed, she noisily asks the nearest patron what they think of her outfit. 'Cause I think I can break a few hearts.
OOC Comments
Charm/Impress Original post: 1d100 = 12/50%, pass; Seduction Original post: 1d100 = 62/35%, fail; Wardrobe & Grooming Original post: 1d100 = 4/70%, pass


"Looking good, girl! Now go home to mama!"

Whisper wrote:If she spots Lulu, she tries first to get her attention subtly but if that doesn't work, Lily gulps down another swig of bourbon and approaches her directly (and in spite of any company she might already have).
"Heya, Lulu, spare some time for me?"

If Lily doesn't see Lulu, she just drinks until she starts drunkenly dancing on tables and loudly joins in any conversations nearby that strike her interest.
OOC Comments
Dancing Original post: 1d100 = 68/30%,fail


Lily stumbles on the dance floor, spilling her drink, before spotting Lulu.
"Hey there, time for you? Always a sure thing babe."
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Firewaters (180)

Postby Whisper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 14;JIC d100: 1d100 = 1

Lily barely registers the suggestion but keeps on sipping her drink with a smirk. Yeah, no surprise people can't handle this.

After awkwardly convulsing on the dance floor, spilling precious precious alcohol in the process, Lily spots Lulu.
Lulu wrote:"Hey there, time for you? Always a sure thing babe."

"Whatcha been up to, Lulu?", Lily beams, tossing her hair back. Impulsively, she blurts, "I never asked ya, what kind of entertainment ya do. I got a few credits..."
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Firewaters (180)

Postby Whisper » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 7;JIC d100: 1d100 = 63

At Lulu's apparent shock, Lily tries to play it off, bashfully tittering, "Drinks are on me! Barkeep a round for the house! C'mon, Lulu, let's dance!"

Lily will pay with her black card and make sure to leave a sizeable tip.

"I'm still workin' for the Spooks.", she mentions to Lulu, getting louder as she continues to gulp down alcohol. "Think that we're between jobs right now, ya know? Say, you wouldn't have heard anything 'bout contracts while here, have ya?"

Lily keeps on dancing and tries to beckon Lulu over to join her. ((Dancing 1d100 = 33/30%, Seduction 1d100 = 71/35%, Charm/Impress 1d100 = 95/55%; fail on all counts))
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Firewaters (180)

Postby SNAFU » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:48 pm

    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks


Return to The Warrens

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron