Feathered Serpent Pharmacy (154)

The slums of MercTown. Be careful what you do and say...the Merctown Defenders don't often come here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Feathered Serpent Pharmacy (154)

Postby Augur » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:32 am

This little shop, named for the age old medical symbol of the coiled and winged serpent, is a modern pharmacy that also sells herbs, magical components and even a small selection of magic potions. Conventional medicine includes first-aid kits, bandages, painkillers, cold remedies, prescription medicines, hypo-spray injectors, blood expander agent, universal anti-toxin auto-injectors, assorted Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs) and even a few Juicer designer drugs.

+5% to all rolls to find (item types noted above) of any rarity

GM Note: Feathered Serpent Pharmacy shop operator is Josephine Ourion. GM's see link for further details.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Feathered Serpent Pharmacy (154)

Postby Naliyah » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 30/60
JIC(20): 1d20 = 12
JIC(100): 1d100 = 62

Naliyah enters the Feathered Serpent and looks around a bit.

This place is great. I should come here for my herbal medicine needs as well.

She approaches whomever looks to be a store employee, or the proprietor, and (if currently engaged, she will politely wait) says, "Hello, my name is Naliyah, and I am here to pick up a package for Master Jackson of the Collegiate Arcane. I was told you have a package ready for him...?"

She will also inquire about healing herbs to replenish her herbal medicine pouch: "I was just admiring the selection. Nice little shop you have set up here! I practice a bit of healing herbal medicine myself, and could probably stand to top off my supplies..."

She manifests her Ectoplasmic hand and rummages through her herbal medicine pouch, and then lists off a few requests to replenish her supplies.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111

Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:54 am

When Naliyah enters the small shop, she sees a fair-skinned female with somewhat sharper facial features and beautiful hair gently pressing into what seems to be a flora-pot. She seems alone in the little shop however Naliyah does notice a particularly beautiful emerald dragon statue stationary on the ceiling; the head almost looks like it's staring at her, but Naliyah can't tell. After Naliyah spends a little time perusing before heading back up to the front.

The woman looks towards the Shing and says in a sweet voice, "You are a beautiful example of your race." She says as Naliyah approaches, taking a sip of a cup, Naliyah thinks she sees a leaf move from atop the flora-pot. (When she entered, she didn't see a leaf in the pot, though she is not at eye level).

Naliyah wrote:"Hello, my name is Naliyah, and I am here to pick up a package for Master Jackson of the Collegiate Arcane. I was told you have a package ready for him...?"

"Of course, of course." She says softly, making no effort to get it yet.

Naliyah wrote:"I was just admiring the selection. Nice little shop you have set up here! I practice a bit of healing herbal medicine myself, and could probably stand to top off my supplies..."

"You are too kind." She answers, her gaze still on the flora-pot and as Naliyah turns her attention back to the attendant and her pot, the leaf indeed moves and sprouts a stalk before Naliyah's eyes. The attendant clasps her hands together and smiles, "Ah, wonderful. I was hoping that seed was good." She now turns her attention fully on Naliyah and takes another drink of tea.

"Herbalism is an art." She says sweetly through thin eyes as she looks at Naliyah. "Now, you said Master Jackson of the Collegiate sent you for his package." She pauses and moves to the front of the store and locks it before returning to the counter and pulling out a wooden box.

"Three things; first, under no circumstance can you put this box into a dimensional pocket; the enchanting on the box would fail unfortunately; this is why it needs to be hand delivered, you see. Second, no one but Jackson or myself can open this box. I mean that quite literally. Don't try." She warns, then wraps it in a cloth and bag. "I'd recommend you go straight back to Jackson with this; best not wander with important items. Questions?" She says, the box completely taking over the fact Naliyah had asked for other herbs as well.
AA Professional Services GM: Underguard
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) || EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:50 pm

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:When Naliyah enters the small shop, she sees a fair-skinned female with somewhat sharper facial features and beautiful hair gently pressing into what seems to be a flora-pot. She seems alone in the little shop however Naliyah does notice a particularly beautiful emerald dragon statue stationary on the ceiling; the head almost looks like it's staring at her, but Naliyah can't tell. After Naliyah spends a little time perusing before heading back up to the front.

The woman looks towards the Shing and says in a sweet voice, "You are a beautiful example of your race." She says as Naliyah approaches, taking a sip of a cup, Naliyah thinks she sees a leaf move from atop the flora-pot. (When she entered, she didn't see a leaf in the pot, though she is not at eye level).

"Why thank you," replies the lioness in a pleasant voice. "What a beautiful piece you have in that emerald dragon!" she then says, looking at the dragon statue admiringly (and trying to see if its eyes are following her).

Perception: 1d100 = 98 / 60%

I don't know if it's watching me, or I'm watching it... she thinks, her eyes narrowing slightly.

Underguard wrote:"You are too kind." She answers, her gaze still on the flora-pot and as Naliyah turns her attention back to the attendant and her pot, the leaf indeed moves and sprouts a stalk before Naliyah's eyes. The attendant clasps her hands together and smiles, "Ah, wonderful. I was hoping that seed was good." She now turns her attention fully on Naliyah and takes another drink of tea.

Naliyah's eyes widen when she sees the leaf sprout a stalk.

Identify Plant skill roll: 1d100 = 100/79%

I have no earthly idea what that plant is she thinks.

"Most impressive! I don't think I've seen that sort of...effect... before. Or the plant. What is it?" she asks curiously.

Underguard wrote:"Herbalism is an art." She says sweetly through thin eyes as she looks at Naliyah. "Now, you said Master Jackson of the Collegiate sent you for his package." She pauses and moves to the front of the store and locks it before returning to the counter and pulling out a wooden box.

"Three things; first, under no circumstance can you put this box into a dimensional pocket; the enchanting on the box would fail unfortunately; this is why it needs to be hand delivered, you see. Second, no one but Jackson or myself can open this box. I mean that quite literally. Don't try." She warns, then wraps it in a cloth and bag. "I'd recommend you go straight back to Jackson with this; best not wander with important items. Questions?" She says, the box completely taking over the fact Naliyah had asked for other herbs as well.

Naliyah manifests the Ectoplasm hand and nods her head.

"Yes, one. What you just did, with the plant just now. Can you teach others how to do it as well?"

She reaches for the bundle with the ghostly hand and, assuming the attendant hands it to her, says, "Don't worry, I'll be there before preeeeeeeety quickly..." she says with a wink.

The lioness then proceeds to cast Teleport: Superior (destination: just outside the gates of the Collegiate Arcane), taking the box with her, of course.

Teleport: Superior*
Range: Self or others; distance of 300 miles per level of experience.
Duration: Instant.
P.P.E.: Three Hundred*
The mage can instantly transport himself and up to 1,000 lbs per level of experience, hundreds of miles away. To teleport, the
mage must have a mental picture of his destination. The best results can be achieved when the character is personally acquainted with the target destination, some place he has visited or knows well. However, locations seen in photographs or described in detail can also be reached, but there is always a chance of a miscalculation.
The mage can teleport himself alone, or other people and objects within 20 feet of him. The total number of people and items which the mystic can teleport is limited by the amount of weight he can handle (1,000 lbs per level of experience). The following tables indicate the chance of a success and the results of a failed teleport.
Chances of a successful teleport:
• Teleporting to a familiar location or a destination visible from one's starting point: 99%.
• A place seen only a few times before (2-6 times) : 85%
• A place seen in a photo (the photograph is being looked at during the moment of teleportation) : 80%.
• A place never visited before, but described in detail : 58%
• A place never before visited and known only by name or brief description: 20%.
Results of an Unsuccessful Teleport:
01-40%: Appear at the wrong place. No idea of present location; 3d6x100 miles off course.
41-75%: Appear at the wrong place. No idea of present location; 1d6x100 miles off course.
76-98%: Teleport several feet above the ground; everybody falls, suffering 2d6 damage.
99-00%: Teleport into an object; instant death.
Notes: A character cannot Teleport away and leave behind something that was implanted in him. A character can Teleport into the air, but he is still subject to the dangers of the environment and will fall to the ground unless some other magic is used to prevent or cushion the fall. A character can Teleport a vehicle he is inside, along with themselves as long as the total weight (including passengers and cargo) is under 1000 lbs. Teleporting into water is not dangerous as long as the character can either swim or has an air supply and doesn't Teleport too deep. Once a character has teleported away, he has made a clean getaway. However, if the teleporter has left behind a personal object, a psychic can use the Object Read ability to get a general idea of his location or direction. It is possible to teleport out of a Magic Net. Attempting to Teleport (whether successful or not) takes up two melee actions. This spell can NOT be used to deliberately Teleport an enemy into a solid object.

Chances of a successful teleport:
• Teleporting to a familiar location or a destination visible from one's starting point: 99%.
• A place seen only a few times before (2-6 times) : 85%
• A place seen in a photo (the photograph is being looked at during the moment of teleportation) : 80%.
• A place never visited before, but described in detail : 58%
• A place never before visited and known only by name or brief description: 20%.

Successful teleport roll: 1d100 = 57
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:50 pm

As far as the lioness can see, the Emerald Dragon Statue is indeed a statue, not setting off any auras and has remained stationary. The plant that sprouts before her eyes is unlike anything she has seen before, she has no idea what it even grows into.

"Yes, one. What you just did, with the plant just now. Can you teach others how to do it as well?"

She smiles but shakes her head, "I'm not sure that particular art form would suit you." She responds, and as the lioness winks and begins to teleport; her spell seeming to wisp her away.

When she can see again she finds herself standing in the Pharmacy instead of the Collegiate, right where she was and sees the clerk smiling and adds, "I said three things." She says and points to the box. "Now, his requests suggests extreme preparation. Third thing is to please pass a message to him. He has dried our rarer stock and our proprietor will be gone for several weeks to retrieve more. This will have to make due for the next couple months. Also, do let him know that his current... interests have attracted the attention of another party. I believe they have a malicious intent so he should be on his guard." she finishes.
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:00 pm

*rolls held*

Underguard wrote:When she can see again she finds herself standing in the Pharmacy instead of the Collegiate, right where she was...

The Shing blinks a few times.

You’re slipping, Nali... she thinks, unable to believe her eyes - what just happened? Why wasn't she at the Collegiate Arcane?

Underguard wrote:... and sees the clerk smiling and adds, "I said three things." She says and points to the box. "Now, his requests suggests extreme preparation. Third thing is to please pass a message to him. He has dried our rarer stock and our proprietor will be gone for several weeks to retrieve more. This will have to make due for the next couple months. Also, do let him know that his current... interests have attracted the attention of another party. I believe they have a malicious intent so he should be on his guard." she finishes.

Naliyah nods slowly, still having a hard time understanding why the spell didn't work.

"I will be sure to pass the message along. Will there be anything else?" she asks.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:33 am

Naliyah wrote:"I will be sure to pass the message along. Will there be anything else?"

The clerk taps a wooden stick on the counter and looks up for a moment, as though lost in thought for a moment at Naliyah's fair question before looking back to the lioness. "No, I believe that was all that was needed."

As Naliyah's confusion over her spell fail lapses, the clerk adds, "Try it again, I'm sure it'll work this time. Be sure to visit when you need herbs, oils or potions for yourself." She says.

Naliyah doesn't sense any sort of evil, or supernatural sort, with them (or from her) nor does she feel in danger. There is no obvious reason why her spell seemingly failed.

If Naliyah chooses to teleport this time, her spell is uninterrupted and she can arrive before the Collegiate.
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:33 am

Underguard wrote:The clerk taps a wooden stick on the counter and looks up for a moment, as though lost in thought for a moment at Naliyah's fair question before looking back to the lioness. "No, I believe that was all that was needed."

As Naliyah's confusion over her spell fail lapses, the clerk adds, "Try it again, I'm sure it'll work this time. Be sure to visit when you need herbs, oils or potions for yourself." She says.

Naliyah doesn't sense any sort of evil, or supernatural sort, with them (or from her) nor does she feel in danger. There is no obvious reason why her spell seemingly failed.

If Naliyah chooses to teleport this time, her spell is uninterrupted and she can arrive before the Collegiate.

I could use some fresh herbs in my medicine pouch... thinks the lioness, but that can wait. Best to get the package delivered with no delay.

Thank you very much. I don't believe I caught your name, Ms....?

If the woman offers her name, Naliyah will engage in the standard greeting rituals (nice to meet you, have you been here long, etc) for a minute or two, and then - presuming no other pressing concerns arise - will attempt to teleport again.

Teleportation accuracy roll: 1d100 = 38 to the Collegiate Arcane

<<Collegiate Arcane>>
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 am

Before Naliyah leaves, the clerk introduces herself. "Ah, yes, if your working with Jackson you may be a frequent here. I am Josephine Ourion, lead operator here. Please do not hesitate to stop in whenever you need herbs, oils, drugs or the like. Out stock can be limited but our accessibility to stock is not." She finishes.

Naliyah does her standard meet and greet then wisps away without incident.
Underguard
Game Master

Return to The Warrens