Uberman's Augmentation (152)

The slums of MercTown. Be careful what you do and say...the Merctown Defenders don't often come here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Uberman's Augmentation (152)

Postby Augur » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:30 am

An enhancement clinic operated by a German doctor, Karl Uberman. Uberman offers the full range of cybernetic and bionic augmentation and can perform basic Juicer enhancement as well. The doctor apparently still has contacts at Triax and can occasionally get his hands on Triax bionics, enough that he turns out 2-6 VX-370 Stopper and VX-500 Man-Hunter ' borgs each year. He is also known to deal with Cyber-Snatchers and notorious underground figures. In addition to traditional bionics, he is' known to be able to give fugitives a completely new face using cyber implants.

+25% to one roll to find Eurasian cybernetics or bionics of any type or rarity
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Uberman's Augmentation (152)

Postby Spider » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30/46%
JIC(100):1d100 = 81
JIC(20):1d20 = 9

After taking the piece of paper offered by the receptionist at the MercTown State Hospital, Spider thanks her, files it away for later use, and heads toward Uberman's.

The Vedmak ponders the possibilities and his uncertain future as he walks and takes in the sights: Хорошо иметь законные контакты в медицинской профессии. Поскольку я так далеко от Родины, что никак не могу сказать о возвращении в ближайшее время, я должен установить контакты со всеми провайдерами бионики и кибернетики, которые я могу. Может быть, со временем я смогу открыть свою собственную клинику ... и даже, если я буду осторожен, открыть частную практику на стороне для меньших ... скажем так, клиентов "над доской" ... которые часто платят больше на усмотрение в своих услугах.
Translation
It is good to have legitimate contacts in the medical profession. Since I am so far from the Motherland, with no way to tell of getting back any time in the near future, I should establish contacts with all of the bionics and cybernetics providers I can. Maybe, in time, I can open my own clinic... and even, if I am careful, open a private practice on the side for the less... shall we say, "above board" clientele... that often pay more for discretion in their services.

An enhancement clinic operated by a German doctor, Karl Uberman. Uberman offers the full range of cybernetic and bionic augmentation and can perform basic Juicer enhancement as well. The doctor apparently still has contacts at Triax and can occasionally get his hands on Triax bionics, enough that he turns out 2-6 VX-370 Stopper and VX-500 Man-Hunter ' borgs each year. He is also known to deal with Cyber-Snatchers and notorious underground figures. In addition to traditional bionics, he is' known to be able to give fugitives a completely new face using cyber implants.

Spider will enter the clinic, walking and looking around a bit, nodding at the various cybernetic and bionic parts he sees.

Здесь тоже кое-какие иностранные детали ... может быть, этот человек - хороший человек, с которым можно познакомиться.

Translation
Some foreign parts here too...maybe this man is a good one to get to know.

He looks for Dr. Uberman. Presuming he spots someone whom he thinks is the doctor, he greets him in Euro: "Grüße mein Freund! Es ist gut, jemanden von einem Ort aus zu sehen, der näher bei mir zu Hause ist. Ich bin vor kurzem angekommen und brauche eine bionische Rüstung ... verkaufen Sie die LE-B1 Light Espionage Armor hier?? Außerdem bin ich ein voll qualifizierter kybernetischer Chirurg, aber viel vertrauter mit Russisch und in geringerem Maße mit NGR, Kybernetik und Bionik. Wo soll ich anfangen, mich eingehender mit den Modellen zu befassen, die in diesem Teil der Welt zu finden sind? ", he says in fluent Euro, but still undoubtedly tinged with his Russian accent.

Translation
"Greetings, my friend! It is good to see someone from a place closer to home for me. I am recently arrived and in need of bionic armor... do you sell the LE-B1 Light Espionage Armor here? Also, I am a fully qualified cybernetic surgeon, but much more familiar with Russian and, to a lesser degree, NGR, cybernetics and bionics. Where do you suggest I begin learning more in-depth about the models found in this part of the world?"

Also, since there is no "euro" in the real world, I used German :D

LE-B1 Light Espionage Armor: 135 M.D.C., Cost: 8,000 credits, Bionics Sourcebook (SB5) page 101

If Karl is standoffish and unfriendly, Fyodor will thank him, purchase the armor (presuming it is reasonably priced), and leave the facility.

However, presuming Karl is friendly and receptive, Fyodor will converse with him for a bit, bringing up an opportunity for more business:

"Ich habe eine Liste anderer bionischer und kybernetischer Teile, nach denen ich auch suche - vielleicht können wir eine Art Arrangement treffen? Was sagst du, mein deutscher Freund?" he says.
Translation
"I have a list of other bionics parts I am looking for as well - perhaps we can make an arrangement of some sort? What do you say, my German friend?"

Invoke Trust (general, to evoke good will and establish good relationship): 1d100 = 6/80%

If Karl is open (and Fyodor senses he is getting a good deal from Karl and not being ripped off), he will then request quotes for the following parts:
  • Radio Chip (Advanced) - 3,000 credits (I will convert it to Broadband myself) - page 38, Bionics Sourcebook (SB5), and will pay for installation since it is implanted in my head
  • Language Translator with the following languages (10 are included) - 8,000 credits (since he already has an ear implant), Bionics Sourcebook (SB5) page 99, and will pay for installation since it would be implanted in my head

Rolls for availability
Common availability = no roll required, Uncommon = 1 roll required.
If any of the requested items are deemed less available than uncommon, let me know and I will make additional rolls.
LE-Bl Light Espionage Armor
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 65/80% (if uncommon)

Radio Chip (Advanced)
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 59/80% (if uncommon)

Language Translator
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 79/80% (if uncommon)
Dr. Fyodor Demitriyevich Ivanov, a.k.a. "Spider"
Important Information
Current Status
M.D.C. by Location
]Head: 75; with a human, flesh face. Wears a protective helmet with a clear faceplate/shield in the field and in combat situations which provides an extra 35 M.D.C. to the face and head when worn.
Crane Arms (2, large, on back): 120 each
Robot Arms (2, on back): 60 each
Arms (2, human-looking): 50 each
Small, Retractable Utility Tool Arms (Varies, 8+): 11 each
Hands (2): 20 each
Feet (2): 25 each
Legs (2): 85 each
Main Body: 165

H.P.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 3/3

Current Conditions:

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +8%
Magic (varies): +3
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (15+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Possession: +2
Magic Illusions: +1
Mind Control: +1
Disease: +6
Spider

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:57 pm

After talking to a few different employees, Dr. Uberman wanders out from the back and introduces himself. After the pleasantries are over he listens intently to your question.

Spider wrote:"I have a list of other bionics parts I am looking for as well - perhaps we can make an arrangement of some sort? What do you say, my German friend?"

Uberman smiles and answers, "We do have the B1 here and in stock, I can get someone to bring it out for you right away. As to the advanced radio chip and language translator, we have a ton of each of those and I can get that installed for you as well." The doctor leans back seeming to let Spider think it over but them adds with a smile, "Ahh, was zum Teufel. I had intended to be done for the day but for a fellow countryman, or as close as we get to that these days, I can hang around and get these put in right away. I can do the armor, and two installs for 19,000 even. How does that sound?"
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Spider » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:50 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Ace of Spades wrote:After talking to a few different employees, Dr. Uberman wanders out from the back and introduces himself. After the pleasantries are over he listens intently to your question.

Spider wrote:"I have a list of other bionics parts I am looking for as well - perhaps we can make an arrangement of some sort? What do you say, my German friend?"

Uberman smiles and answers, "We do have the B1 here and in stock, I can get someone to bring it out for you right away. As to the advanced radio chip and language translator, we have a ton of each of those and I can get that installed for you as well." The doctor leans back seeming to let Spider think it over but them adds with a smile, "Ahh, was zum Teufel. I had intended to be done for the day but for a fellow countryman, or as close as we get to that these days, I can hang around and get these put in right away. I can do the armor, and two installs for 19,000 even. How does that sound?"

Bionic Surgery
Bionics Sourcebook page 65: Bionic surgery costs 20% of the total cost of the bionic parts being installed.
I was unable to find a Cybernetics cost, but presumably, they are the same.

Spider smiles at his good fortune: a 20% discount upon first meeting!

Я, безусловно, должен отплатить за услугу и поблагодарить его за щедрость. Несомненно, если я смогу сейчас установить хорошие отношения, это будет взаимовыгодно ... he thinks to himself.

Translation
I will certainly need to repay the favor and thank him for his generosity. Undoubtedly, if I can establish a good relationship now, it will be mutually beneficial...

"Ich bin demütig über Ihr großzügiges Angebot, mein deutscher Freund. Ich bin damit einverstanden und erlaube mir, meine Kontaktinformationen bei Ihnen zu hinterlassen, damit ich meine Dienste anbieten und den Gefallen zurückgeben kann, wann immer Sie dies benötigen - natürlich zu einem ermäßigten Preis für meinen Freund Karl Uberman." says the Vedmak while conveying his most sincere look and shaking Uberman's hand. He then presents his card for payment.

Translation
"I am humbled by your generous offer, my German friend. I accept, and please allow me to leave my contact information with you so that I can offer my services and return the favor whenever you might find the need for them - of course, at a discounted rate, for my friend Karl Uberman"

As Spider has the minor procedures done, he makes small talk and fishes for some information - what the other bionics shops are like, if any of them are worth a damn - of course, he realizes that Uberman will likely push his own place as "the best", but Spider is also interested in how Uberman talks about his competitors, as well as gleaning any information (rumors included). He'll also listen for any hints of Black Market activity and the hierarchy and, finally, ask Uberman for a recommendation on where to find Triax or Russian (fat chance, I know) weapons and supplies, as well as reputable weapons/supplies from North America.

Подземный рынок всегда есть ... почему здесь все иначе, чем в России? he thinks.

Translation
There is always an underground market; why would it be any different here than in Russia?

When the minor procedures are finished (ooc: I would expect this to take a few minutes at most, given Spider is already a full conversion cyborg and his body is easily accessible), Spider will again thank Dr. Uberman for his services and hospitality, leave his contact information (ooc: email of some sort?), put on his B1 Espionage Bionic Armor, and leave Uberman's facility, whereupon he will head to...

<<<Kraus Imported Arms>>>
Important Information
Current Status
M.D.C. by Location
]Head: 75; with a human, flesh face. Wears a protective helmet with a clear faceplate/shield in the field and in combat situations which provides an extra 35 M.D.C. to the face and head when worn.

Current Conditions:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Spider

Postby Ace of Spades » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:40 am

The doctor works quickly and efficiently and the whole process is done in a few minutes. Spider can tell this man has some real skills as a cyber doc based on the smoothness of his work. Uberman is friendly and reciprocated the small talk polity. He points out that the odds of finding any imported items is a crap shoot at almost any store. He believes that he typically has the best shot at having any NGR items available but even he can't guarantee anything.

In terms of qualified Cyber Docs he warns Spider to be very careful about who he lets work on him as a lot of places are really under-qualified. If he has the money, the hospital does amazing work but the only other person he would trust is himself.

Once the work is all complete, the doctor provides the contact info of his store and excuses himself thanking Spider for stopping by.

(Transaction completed. Credits deducted & items added to "Recent Purchases" on equipment sheet.)
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Spider » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/46%
JIC (100):1d100 = 58
JIC (20):1d20 = 10

Spider will enter Uberman's store and ask for Karl.

"Hallo nochmal, mein Freund! Ich habe ein subvokales Funksystem erworben und möchte, dass Sie es für mich installieren. Nach Ihrer hervorragenden gestrigen Arbeit bin ich der Meinung, dass Sie ein vertrauenswürdiger und erfahrener Mann der kybernetischen Medizin sind. I Ich habe diesen tragbaren Sprachübersetzer, auf dem alle bekannten Sprachen Europas und Amerikas sowie einige andere Sprachen gespeichert sind. Da Sie das Implantat gestern für mich installiert haben, brauche ich es natürlich nicht mehr und möchte es anbieten es Ihnen für einen direkten Handel - Ihre Installationsdienste für den Übersetzer. Was sagen Sie? " asks the Vedmak with a warm smile.
Translation
"Hello again, my friend! I have acquired a sub-vocal radio system and would like you to install it for me. After your excellent work yesterday, I find you to be a trustworthy and skilled man of cybernetic medicine. I have this portable language translator, which has all the known languages of Europe and the Americas, as well as some others, on it. Obviously, since you installed the implant for me yesterday, I no longer need it, and I would like to offer it to you for a straight trade - your installation services for the translator. What do you say?"

Kak postoyannyy kliyent, otnosheniya, kotoryye ya stroyu s Karlom, mogut okazat'sya ves'ma tsennymi ...
Translation
As a repeat customer, the relationship I build with Karl could prove quite valuable...

Presuming Karl charges a reasonable fee (3,000 credits, or less, on a 15,000 credit system), Spider will attempt and have the system installed.

After the procedure is finished, he will then thank Karl, and ask, "Wo findet ein kompetenter kybernetischer und bionischer Chirurg Arbeit in dieser Stadt?"

Translation
"So, where does a competent cybernetic and bionic surgeon find work in this town?"[/b]

Comments
Augur asked that we get Spider to a place that offers Rifting - this is an opportunity to do so. I don't know how you want it to work, precisely, but I was thinking that perhaps he got hired to do some field work or as part of a combat medical unit, and was to report to the Collegiate Arcane or somewhere in the Mystic Quarter to get Rifted to wherever he is supposed to go... we can RP the contract if you like... or, whatever you have in mind works.
Important Information
Current Status
M.D.C. by Location

Current Conditions:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Spider

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:19 am

Once someone comes to help Spider he finds that Karl is in the midst of a long conversion surgery and is unavailable to see to this request. Another doctor happily offers to help out though.

Assuming Spider agrees, the surgery is done and the the financial employee agrees to the trade straight across for the install.

Spider wrote:"So, where does a competent cybernetic and bionic surgeon find work in this town?"

The doctor operating looks up with a surprised expression on his face,"You are a Cyber Doc looking for work? You got to be shitting me?'

The look of surprise changes to a look of shock and the doctor quickly continues, "I'm sorry. Forgive my crude response but I am in a bit of a situation right now and I badly need a Cyber Doc that is looking for work. It's just strange that one would fall in my lap. I have a job right now, if you're interested."

He gives Spider very little time to think before saying, "Hear me out. Uberman needs me to accompany a little crew to an out of the way location and there may or may not be need of a Cyber Doc, he's not sure. I'm supposed to go but I promised my wife that I would be home tonight and help with the.." He shakes his head and waves his hands before continuing, "The why isn't important but the original guy I had to open a rift and get the team there, backed out yesterday but I was lucky enough to find a replacement. Then, this morning, the doc that was supposed to go just didn't show so Uberman's making me go. Its a quick trip; rift there, drop supplies, fix anyone up that needs it, and rift home. You may even be able to make it back tonight but its not a guarantee. 1000 credits if you don't have to do anything and a lot more if there is surgery or other work once you get there, no combat. What do you say?"

The doctor again gives very little time for a response before jumping in again. "You could leave right now, everyone's at the gates hoping the other doc will show or waiting for me to get there."
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Spider » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:28 am

**rolls held**

Ace of Spades wrote:Once someone comes to help Spider he finds that Karl is in the midst of a long conversion surgery and is unavailable to see to this request. Another doctor happily offers to help out though.

Assuming Spider agrees, the surgery is done and the the financial employee agrees to the trade straight across for the install.

Spider is disappointed to miss the opportunity to deal with his new friend Karl, but figures the other doctor is likely competent - if Karl employs him, the guy is probably legit. He agrees to the procedure.

Ace of Spades wrote:
Spider wrote:"So, where does a competent cybernetic and bionic surgeon find work in this town?"

The doctor operating looks up with a surprised expression on his face,"You are a Cyber Doc looking for work? You got to be shitting me?'

The look of surprise changes to a look of shock and the doctor quickly continues, "I'm sorry. Forgive my crude response but I am in a bit of a situation right now and I badly need a Cyber Doc that is looking for work. It's just strange that one would fall in my lap. I have a job right now, if you're interested."

A bit taken aback and confused, but feeling fine after the procedure, Spider is barely able to say, "No shitting-" before the Cyber-Doc continues:

Ace of Spades wrote:"Hear me out. Uberman needs me to accompany a little crew to an out of the way location and there may or may not be need of a Cyber Doc, he's not sure. I'm supposed to go but I promised my wife that I would be home tonight and help with the.." He shakes his head and waves his hands before continuing, "The why isn't important but the original guy I had to open a rift and get the team there, backed out yesterday but I was lucky enough to find a replacement. Then, this morning, the doc that was supposed to go just didn't show so Uberman's making me go. Its a quick trip; rift there, drop supplies, fix anyone up that needs it, and rift home. You may even be able to make it back tonight but its not a guarantee. 1000 credits if you don't have to do anything and a lot more if there is surgery or other work once you get there, no combat. What do you say?"

The doctor again gives very little time for a response before jumping in again. "You could leave right now, everyone's at the gates hoping the other doc will show or waiting for me to get there."

The Vedmak pauses, and strokes his chin as he thinks over the Cyber-Doc's offer.

Na etot raz on ne dayet mne mnogo vremeni podumat'. Obychno ya by otkazalsya ot takoy nagloy pros'by pryamo ... ponders the Vedmak as he looks at the Cyber-Doc, carefully hiding his disdain behind a neutral face.

...no mne nuzhno khorosho igrat' i razvivat' svoi otnosheniya. I chto mozhet byt' luchshe dlya razvitiya otnosheniy, chem pomoch' komu-to vyyti iz-pod kontrolya? he thinks as the neutral expression begins to turn into a smile.

Da, eto budet khoroshiy strategicheskiy khod, dazhe yesli eto, veroyatno, chernaya rabota.

Translation
This one, he does not give me much time to think. Normally, I would refuse such an impudent request outright... but, I need to play nice and develop my relationship. And what better way to develop a relationship than to help someone out of a bind?

Yes, this will be a good strategic move, even if it is probably menial work.

The beginnings of a smile turn into a full fledged smile, as Spider puts on his pleasant demeanor.

"I did not quite catch your name, Doctor..." says the Vedmak pleasantly. He then pauses for a moment and attempts to use his new Sub-Vocal system, broadcasting to his own internal receiver. Satisfied that it works correctly, he continues.

"Vell, Dr. <<INSERT NAME>>, as you may have deduced, I am not from around here, and know wery few people here. Nor have I set up a clinic yet. I am from another neck of voods, you might say." He chuckles, savoring the Cyber-Doc's anticipation and watching his expression. Spider can tell the Cyber-Doc is eagerly hoping he will accept.

He weighs his other options... realizing he currently has none, and that the capital deposited in the Bank of Relationships with Karl is more than worth the inconvenience for this favor on such short notice.

"Von thousand credits just to show up, hmm? And more if surgery or other vork is done..." he says, as he watches the other Cyber-Doc hanging on his every word. Spider enjoys the power he wields by knowing he holds the man's married/home life in his hands.

He does not envy the ball-and-chain that holds this other man's choices so tightly and reminds himself never to get married or have children.

After a bit of a pause, and when Spider can tell the man's anticipation is eating him up, he says: "Yes, I vill help you out of this situation. I vill do it."

But before the man can celebrate or even has much time to respond, Spider leans in closely to the Cyber-Doc, looking him straight in the eye only inches from his face.

"Do not forget that your friend, Dr. Ivanov, has helped you out of this situation, comrade," he says with a certain kind of intensity.

He then relaxes a bit, satisfied that he has driven his point home. After all, he has no intention of scaring away or creeping out this man, as he is sure the man will report everything to Karl.

"So, vhere do I need to go? Just show up at the gates and tell them Doctor <<INSERT NAME>> sent me?" he asks.
Important Information
Current Status
M.D.C. by Location

Current Conditions:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Spider

Postby Spider » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:51 pm

**rolls held**

For the briefest of moments, Lt. Ivanov lapses into a daydream... imagining himself going back through all his medical training... first, working with cadavers. Then, under close supervision. Finally, his first unassisted cybernetic implant, then his first bionic implant, then his first partial conversion, and finally, a full conversion.

To byli vremena... he thinks to himself with a faraway look in his eye.
Translation
Those were the days...

Then, the crash of the battlefield. Screaming - sometimes men, sometimes the wind, and sometimes demons of a most foul nature. Blood. So much blood. How many lives can he save in one day? Two days? Three? His personal record of 75 hours straight was a feat that commanded respect, but his ability to multitask - he once worked on 8 patients at once - earned him his nickname - Spider. It was though, they said, he had 8 legs (which isn't far from the truth, thanks to his Vedmak chassis).

Then, Spider is back inside Uberman's shop. He shifts uncomforably, as though he had just missed something important.

"My apologies, Doctor. You ver saying...?" he intones to the Cyber-Doc.
Important Information
Current Status
M.D.C. by Location

Current Conditions:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Spider

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:13 am

The doctor snaps his head up with a giant grin and extends a hand to shake while excitingly saying, "That's great! I promise you it will be the easiest money you ever make, I bet you won't even have to do anything but ride along." The doctor seems to get lost in his own thoughts for a second before adding, "Oh right, Buchanan is my name. Dr. Harold Buchanan. Walsh is in charge and they they should all be assembled just outside the gates. All you have to do is tell them you are my assistant and they should be ready to go." Buchanan starts moving toward the door and doing his best to shuffle you along. As you leave the shop he yells from the door, "Oh, the magic user looks really young but don't worry. He is like half Elven or something. He's really good. Absolutely nothing to worry about."

(Reply in this thread)
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Return to The Warrens