One-Eyed Jacks (178)

The slums of MercTown. Be careful what you do and say...the Merctown Defenders don't often come here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Tue May 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 37


Conditions:
- (Heart with Tiny Wings) Run at Superhuman Speed - 112/120 min duration, 70mph, Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge


Analoy zips along, thinking about what she heard the ninja woman say before she was out of range. Keep your nose clean, kiddo, or else you'll feel the Terror. Terror? huh, I may have to look into that. The way she said it made it sound more like a name than a threat of... As she nears the casino, she feels her darkness powers fade and the tickle of the magic tattoo as it re-appears on her skin.

Analoy spots Jez, Nuriel and Fiona as well as the empty hovercycle. Same marking as the one I dumped. I guess they decided to get one on their own. Maybe they should be told about the Terror too. Kinda seems like she didn't want me stirring up trouble and was less interested in the stolen bike. So not law enforcement.....this could be interesting. I definitely need to study the politics of this city. Her run warmed her up some but now that she's walking again, and still in her shorts and crop top, Analoy passes by the three women with only a glance as she hopes to make eye contact with them as she heads straight in to the casino.

Finding a seat at the bar where she can watch her back in a mirror or other reflective surface, Analoy orders a hot Irish Coffee from the bartender and enjoys the warmth of being back inside. Well this has been an interesting day indeed. I wonder if this is what was expected when I was sent here. She grins to herself and at the incredibly low likelihood that these exact events were foreseen when she was instructed to come to Merctown.

If she sees James or any of the others come in, Analoy will simple stay put and watch to see if they have been followed, as she lets them come to her.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Fiona » Wed May 31, 2017 7:58 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 57
Conditions: None.

Automobile Mechanics 1d100 = 62/49% Fail (To ID the mods)

Fiona is disgusted by the Ogre's near corpse-like body, but once the deed is done, Fiona sighs. "Whelp he shouldn't be a problem for anyone anymore." clapping her hands together, Fiona starts heading back to the casino while Nuriel searches the body. Fiona stops for a moment when she notices the mods. Wonder who put's there gear on? Once the rest arrive Fiona looks at them. "Hell of a evening huh?" Fiona says with a lopsided grin. "We could just move the bike into bed of my truck and deal with it later." Fiona says before lowering her voice. "That bike is modded to all hell. I was wrong I want to at least take a look at it."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Wed May 31, 2017 10:27 am

Perception: 1d20+8 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 191d100 = 62

Prowl 73%| 1d100 = 11
Prowl 73%| 1d100 = 52
Surveillance 58%| 1d100 = 5
Surveillance 58%| 1d100 = 86
I.D. Undercover Agent 60%| 1d100 = 98


James arrives back at the casino to see all the action out front. He tries to meld in with the crowd (prowl) and watches what's going on with the entire crowd. He will keep a close eye on his teammates watching for any tails or people watching them, (surveillance, ID Undercover Agent).

Contingency 1:
If he finds anyone keeping their eyes on anyone in the group he will discreetly hold up the camera bug until he gets a quality shot of the person, (prowl). He will then follow the follower into the casino as his teammates move inside, (surveillance).

Contingency 2:
If the area is all clear, James will walk into the bar and sit next to Analoy and order a whiskey while waiting for the rest of the group to make it inside. No need to show that we know each other just yet. May as well wait until the rest of the girls are here.
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

Image
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Wed May 31, 2017 11:52 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 13

Townsend wrote:Jez's checks for signs of life bear fruit. The ogre has a pulse and appears to still be breathing, but in all other ways he's totally unresponsive. As she and the others hoist him up it becomes apparent to Jez's practiced eye that his head may be moving around more than it should be. It would take a doctor to be certain (or at least someone with First Aid with more concern for his well-being), but it's possible he's suffered a cervical fracture of some sort.

It takes all three to 'walk' the ogre to an alley a block or so away. Although there are plenty of witnesses as they depart, none seem to challenge their fabricated conversation with their limp baggage (though Jez could swear that a few are staring a bit too long for comfort). After a few minutes of surveying the grimy back alleys of the Warrens for a place to deposit him, Nuriel spots a suitable darkened cubbyhole behind some large equipment beside a maintenance door at the bottom of a stairwell. He's wearing a suit of Urban Warrior armor over a predictably seedy-looking set of biker clothing. A search of his pockets include some keys, an unsecured card, a couple packs of cigarettes (one unopened, one about half full), a lighter, a pen/address book, a combat knife, and an unopened pair of condoms.

After the appropriate amounts of looting take place, the three ladies return to the entrance of the casino where the hovercycle has garnered the attention of a couple of bystanders. As they approach the bike, Fiona's sharp eye spots some sort of component attached that doesn't appear to be 'standard equipment.' What it may be, however, she can't tell right off the bat at a distance.

Nuriel wrote:Nuriel motions to the cubby-hole and the lot toss him inside. "I'll search the smelly behemoth." Nuriel adds with a bit of a scowl and will hold her breathe and search. She places each item off to the side for Jez and Fiona to glance through and makes an audible groan when she finds the condom pack; she'll show the other girls and snicker "Extra - Small." Before tossing it to the side, regardless of what it actually said. When they are done, she will wipe off her hands on the cleanest bit of his jacket and stand up, looking to the other two she shrugs. What a disgusting man she thinks looking back at the disabled ogre. She gathers up the valuables and will put them in to her satchel for later look-through and goes back to the entrance with the other two. She glances at Jezebel and states "Did we have another rendezvous point, what if they can track the location of their allies, it would lead them too us. Or if he wakes up." Nuriel will suggest in a hushed tone but ultimately will not argue if they stay; she has been most impressed with everyone thus far.

Fiona wrote:Fiona is disgusted by the Ogre's near corpse-like body, but once the deed is done, Fiona sighs. "Whelp he shouldn't be a problem for anyone anymore." clapping her hands together, Fiona starts heading back to the casino while Nuriel searches the body. Fiona stops for a moment when she notices the mods. Wonder who put's there gear on? Once the rest arrive Fiona looks at them. "Hell of a evening huh?" Fiona says with a lopsided grin. "We could just move the bike into bed of my truck and deal with it later." Fiona says before lowering her voice. "That bike is modded to all hell. I was wrong I want to at least take a look at it."


Cigarettes are more Kat's thing than my own. Perhaps she'll appreciate such a token. "Nuriel, I bet Kat would enjoy those smokes more than any of us. Why not offer them to her as a token when we meet back up?" Jez rolls her eyes out of sight at Nuriel's lewd joke. Girls will be girls no matter their training, I suppose. Dumping their cargo off in the stairwell, Jez rises up and answers Nuriel directly. "Let's head back to the casino. Gotta pay for our drinks, after all, and that bartender's unlikely to hold our seats."

Jez adds in response to Fiona, "If you've got a tarp, throw one over the bike so you can inspect it in detail later. Maybe just make sure it's not booby-trapped for now, and get it secured one way or another. Give us a holler if you need an extra pair of hands, we'll be inside freshening up ourselves and our glasses." With no more ado, Jez returns to the casino bar to finish her drink and wait for the return of the others.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:49 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10
JIC d20: 1d20 = 3
JIC d100: 1d100 = 35

Looking at the Doo-dad Fiona is Gawkin at on the Hoverbike
General Repair and Maintenance 53%: 1d100 = 22
Appraise Goods 68%: 1d100 = 60
Recognize Weapon Quality 53%: 1d100 = 90

Eyeballing the Lookie-Loos and Telling Them to Scram
Streetwise 63%: 1d100 = 16
I.D. Undercover Agent 65%: 1d100 = 43
Intimidate 65: 1d100 = 78

Kat nods at the others as they approach, giving the bike an appraising look. "Everyone's still in one piece, I see." Kat then turns her gaze to cover the onlookers at the scene, trying to spot anyone Kat wouldn't want showing an interest in her activities. Greenskins, Horsemen, and the MercTown Defenders are topping that list in Kat's mind. In that order. Then the City Rat kicks the armor's loudspeaker up a few notches in volume. "The fuck do ya'll think you're lookin' at? None of you ain't never spent a night in the Warrens before? Get lost!"

When Jez suggests loading up the bike, Kat nods. "While you're lookin' at them mods, Fi, keep an eye out for a tracker. Or a giant bomb rigged to blow." Should Fiona clear the bike as 'clean', Kat will use her suits augmented strength to 'muscle' it into the bed of Fiona's truck. In a quiet tone, loud enough for Fiona to hear, but not anyone else without enhanced hearing. "Ya know, Fi, there's another bike behind the Sound Box." Kat holds up her gross garbage bag. "I already took everything off the one guy, but I didn't wanna risk grabbing the bike and have it blow up in my face." Kat then tosses the garbage bag in the back of the truck too.

"Ya wanna go get it? I bet we can pack in up in the truck, too. Might be a bit of a squeeze."



If Kat spots a Greenskin, or Horseman, or even a paid informant she knows of, she's gonna call a flag on the play. "Don't bother with your tab, Jez. We leave now."Kat nods at the threat she spotted. "We already have the wrong kinda eyes on us. Meet up at the Flight Room." Kat then unceremoniously tosses the hoverbike in the back of Fiona's truck, followed by the garbage bag.

Kat then sticks around the casino just long enough to pass the same message to Analoy and James. If Kat has a few minutes, she'll try to get enough NGMI cash from the money cage to give each of them $5,000 NGMI in 100s, deducting the funds from her NGMI card. Otherwise, they get a "You passed. I'll have a little payment for your services tomorrow. More if you manage to get the bike to the Airport."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:29 pm

MINI-UPDATE...

Although they made their way back via separate routes, James and Analoy arrive in the general vicinity of the casino pretty close to each other. They rejoin company as they pass in between two large buildings -- only to notice a large group of rowdy individuals coming their way with seemingly no way to get past them. However, both spot a door that's been left ajar with a light coming from inside. It looks like just the place to duck into long enough to let the hooligans pass by. They step inside and close the door behind them.

A few seconds later, the crowd has passed and the two of them re-emerge from the doorway.

((OOC: And thus, y'all's Epic Adventure tie-in has been posted. Please respond in this thread for your epic posts.))
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 79


Stepping from the doorway, Analoy turns and looks back at the door, doing a bit of a double take before looking James in the eye and giving him a sharp nod. She then starts to make her way back to the casino. Her earlier plan to head straight into the casino bar and get something warm to drink has evaporated as the space behind the door she and James ducked into seems to have warmed her up quite a bit, instead she makes a b-line for the group of women.

Cutting her eyes between the individual women and the hovercycle. So were James and I just a distraction so these women could pull off a heist of their own. If so, why are we standing out on the street with this hoverbike? Weighing her words, Analoy says, "I've had an interesting conversation tonight. I'll tell you all about it when we're off the street and out of the public eye but the summary would be that we don't want to get caught with any of their shit." She jerks her head at the hoverbike that is currently gaining the attention of some passers by.

Analoy looks around again as the cold air starts to seep into her again, damnit, I really need to get a cloak. Or better yet a magic ring that makes me immune to the cold. She grins as this idea comes to her then she looks expectantly at Jez and Kat, waiting for some direction.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:10 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Monday, February 3rd, 111 PA
Roughly 7:40 PM (approximately 2 hours 20 minutes since sunset)
36 degrees F (high was 46, projected low of 27)


As Nuriel inspects the ogre's belongings, her keen mind is able to pick up on certain subtle (and not so much) clues about their would-be assailant. He is heavily covered in tattoos in a variety of styles and motifs -- and her equally keen eyes pick up some that look distinctly Atlantean. None of them look quite like the ones she knows to be magical, and none have the tell-tale 'feel' of magic, but the style is apparent none the less. Whether this is because he's been to Atlantis, or simply been to a tattooist who has, is a mystery. The style of his clothes reinforce the obvious assumption that he is part of a typical gang of biker thugs, but the quality of his armor's construction/maintenance indicate that the gang doesn't go cheap. His lack of packing anything more lethal than a neural mace and a combat knife (despite what the condom wrappers might say) would indicate that he was/is a relatively low-ranking member in the gang. However, it is a rare gang that would have the kind of funds to outfit even low-ranking members in quality armor. Even though Nuriel is relatively new to the politics of the Warrens, it's pretty clear that the Horsemen are more than what they seem.

Kat looks around as she walks up, but while she certainly spots a few characters that don't seem to have a strong moral code she doesn't see any familiar faces in the small crowd that's gathering. As she shouts them off he intent of cowing them down doesn't seem to work too well as none of them appear too scared at a 5'5" gal with a grimy garbage bag slung over her back. However, after some jeers and less-than-cheerful gestures the crowd does more or less disperse.

At Jez's suggestion (and at Kat's agreement), Fiona tries to check out the hovercycle on the spot but is unable to make heads or tails of the bike's modifications. Fortunately for the group Jez's knowledge of surveillance equipment means she knows a tracking device when she sees one -- and she sees one tucked away under the nose just inside the main air intake. It's a bit of a tricky job, but Fiona manages to get it out and turn it off before it gets loaded up in the back of her truck. ((OOC: Quick word of advice, you never know when it'll be helpful to check against all your skills that might be applicable... such as Surveillance for Jez to spot a 'bug' and Electrical Engineer for Fiona... but situations like this are why JiC rolls are worth their weight in gold.))

Meanwhile, James and Analoy emerge from the door in the alley and make their way to the casino bar where they do their best to drink off the cold outside. The freelance spy casts a wary eye on the crowd but can't identify anyone who might be an undercover agent (although there's several shady-looking types milling around).

Try as she might though the Atlantean Maxi-Gal can't stop shivering as she's dressed for far warmer climates. The bartender takes notice and gives her a sympathetic grimace. "Oh sugar, blue just ain't your color -- especially for your skin." She returns with a cup of hot chocolate and adds just a dash of rum. "Here, this oughtta warm you up. On the house..." she adds as she slides it over to her. "Oh, and you can take this as well." She reaches underneath the bar and pulls out a scruffy-and-patched-up-but-warm-looking jacket. "This has been in our 'lost and found' box for about a week now. Figure whoever left it either got another one or just figured it wasn't worth coming back for."

After the Horsemen swag has been loaded up and the other four co-conspirators in tonight's little operation have re-entered the casino, Kat grabs some NGMI funds to pass along to the impromptu booster couple. Before she can leave, however, a trio of armed security guards approach the group -- particularly Jez/Fiona/Nuriel. One of them is clad in NG Gladius armor and is clearly in charge.

"Good evening ladies. We've reviewed security camera footage of what happened, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you all to leave. Please finish your drinks and gather your belongings from the check-in desk as you exit."


What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 25
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13
JIC d100: 1d100 = 86


Social Interaction Skills (Kat's talking a lot, again)
Charm/Impress 20%: 1d100 = 77
Invoke Trust/Intimidate 65%: 1d100 = 48


Kat puts the cash into James' and Analoy's hands. "There's more in it for you if you can get the bike to the Airport in the morning. We'll likely be renting space out there for a headquarters. Consider yourself hired, both of you."

Kat looks to Analoy. "Anything familiar about the Horsemen you saw?"

Kat looks to both of them again. "Anything else about the run I need to know this second?"




When the three who were still at the casino the whole time are told to leave by security, Kat grimaces inwardly. I was trying to keep the action away from this place. Might have worked better if I had informed the others about that.. Too late now.

"My sincerest apologies. These friends of mine are not yet familiar with all the local customs. We'll be on our way, now." Kat puts on her greasiest smile and then attempts to escort the lot out the door before Jez possibly says something rude.

"We should definitely take our show somewhere else. I have a room at the Ambassador if anyone wants to bunk down with the safety of numbers for the night. I assume you are at the Palace, Jez?"
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Fiona » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 12
Conditions: None.

Fiona finishes her drink and sighs. Well that was fun while it lasted I guess. Fi looks to Jez and Kat. "I'll drive whoever wherever." Fi says as she walks out of the casino, not having brought anything to be checked. Once at the truck she lightly pounds her fist on the door frame in frustration before opening the vehicle up. Climbing in Fiona sighs once more before starting the vehicle up. Fiona waits for the others to join her. "So where too."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 6

As the security goons come strolling in and make their announcement, Jez quaffs the last of her drink and gets to her feet alarmingly quickly. She then stretches out her arms in a yawn "Well, Kat, you were wrong. This is not a place where a girl can let her hair down after all. Too stuffy. Ladies, Jimmy, let's go before these gentlemen see fit to try and give me a good time. After the jerk in the parking lot accosted us, I feel as though I'm no longer in the mood."

Kat wrote:"We should definitely take our show somewhere else. I have a room at the Ambassador if anyone wants to bunk down with the safety of numbers for the night. I assume you are at the Palace, Jez?"

"Nah," Jez corrects Kat as they walk outside the casino, "I've got a room at the Quiet Warrior Inn still. Shit. Guess I ought to upgrade to the Palace though. It's been nearly a full 24 hours since I last had some shut-eye. I should check in at the Warrior and let 'em know I'm leaving; the owners are really nice folks, wouldn't want to put them out a room on my account."

She looks to Fiona. "Mind if we swing by there so I can let 'em know?" (off-screen) "After that, I'll put you up with me at the Palace." Jez touches a finger to her chin. "Come to think of it, I think they have suites. Let's just grab the nicest suite they have available and enjoy ourselves some luxury, shall we? My treat. Think of it as a signing bonus if you like."

Jez then helps out as needed to get shit in order, including casually pointing out the tracking device, and then hops in the passenger seat, yawning.
Fi wrote:"So where to."

"The Quiet Warrior Inn, then to the Palace, my lovely. Oh, one sec."

She shouts out the side door at Kat. "See you at the Palace! Don't spend your credits! I'm gonna get us a big suite!"

"Onward, driver, and don't spare the fuel!"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 48

Analoy smiles as the barkeeper brings over the steaming mug of hot chocolate. When the bar keeper digs up the old jacket Analoy is taken back some, "Thank you. You really didn't have to do this. I really need to be better prepared when I travel." She holds the jacket up and looks it over, making sure its louse free and doesn't have anything the prior own might come looking for.

When the other three women come over, Analoy nods and motions to the other seats. "I can't say if I ever saw a Horseman, aside from the ones that were shooting at us. The bike took some damage so I went ahead and ditched it. That's when some ninja looking girl popped up. She didn't look like a horseman. Said something about watching out for the Terror. Then I took off." Analoy gives another shrug before turning to face the assembling group.

Analoy takes a step back when the armed guards make their way over and ask the other three women to leave. Shooting the bartender a smile, she says, "Thanks again." and leaves $200 on the bar from the stack of cash that Kat just gave her.

When the three start to move away from the guards, Analoy slides up to the guards with a sickly sweet smile, "Sorry about that. New friends always seem to want to show off." She holds out a hand with $3000 in cash in it and says, "Here take this for any clean up that needs to be done. And if that video were to get erased, I'm sure it'd be for the best." She smiles again as he hurries to catch up with the rest of the group.

Once outside, Analoy sticks close to Fiona. Just in case the group splits up she wants to make sure she grabs her gear. When Jez brings up a nice place to stay for the night, Analoy says, "I guess I'm riding with you two tonight. I left my stuff in Fiona's truck before we came in. Plus I don't think I'm up for another round of walking about until I get some proper clothes."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 100

Electronic Countermeasures 53%| 1d100 = 41
Detect Concealment 43%| 1d100 = 82

Analoy wrote: "Thank you. You really didn't have to do this. I really need to be better prepared when I travel."


James cringes when the bartender hands her the jacket, Who knows what he's put in that damn thing? Once they are out of earshot of the bar he reaches towards the jacket and clears his throat looking a little embarrassed, "I'm sorry to be a little paranoid but would you mind me taking a quick looks at that, just to be sure its clear."(Electronic Countermeasures, Detect concealment). If she does had it over James will take a real close look to make sure there is no bugs attached.

Analoy wrote:When the other three women come over, Analoy nods and motions to the other seats. "I can't say if I ever saw a Horseman, aside from the ones that were shooting at us. The bike took some damage so I went ahead and ditched it. That's when some ninja looking girl popped up. She didn't look like a horseman. Said something about watching out for the Terror. Then I took off." Analoy gives another shrug before turning to face the assembling group.


Once Analoy finishes her narrative James jumps in, "I was actually followed once we split up as well. I beat him at his own game though and was able to get some video. It was definitely not a run of the mill biker thug, the guy had some decent skills. I can show everyone the video after and see if anyone recognizes him."

Analoy wrote:Once outside, Analoy sticks close to Fiona. Just in case the group splits up she wants to make sure she grabs her gear. When Jez brings up a nice place to stay for the night, Analoy says, "I guess I'm riding with you two tonight. I left my stuff in Fiona's truck before we came in. Plus I don't think I'm up for another round of walking about until I get some proper clothes."


James walks up beside Analoy and says quiet enough for her to hear, " Great work tonight, that was a blast." To the rest of the girls he adds, "Fiona, do you have room for the token male?" James will jump in where ever there is room, Feels good to be with a team again. Hopefully this doesn't go south like shit usually does for me.
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

Image
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Nuriel » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 am

Perception: 1d20 = 12+3=15
JiC: 1d20 = 6 // 1d100 = 74
Skill Rolls
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 70/45% (To charm said guard) (Fail)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 22/60% (To invoke trust in said guard) (Pass)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 18/51% (General Intellect Check) (Pass)
Land Navigation: 1d100 = 51/60% (To familiarize herself with the route) (Pass)


It is rare I find someone who is keen to my kind's art of tattoos. None are of worry, some may even be called beautiful if not for the body they were on. Hmm, this is curious. Nuriel thinks to herself and looks over to Jez and any other teammate nearby. "This group is more advanced than most if at all judging by the armor and weapons they hold. He bares some strange tattoos as well, some belonging to the typical gang, others not so much." She states matter-of-fact and gets up with the pile of gear wrapped in a cloth. Unsure how trustworthy the lot is, she doesn't describe her knowledge of the Atlantean tattoos just yet but will if it becomes important.

Guard Captian wrote:"Good evening ladies. We've reviewed security camera footage of what happened, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you all to leave. Please finish your drinks and gather your belongings from the check-in desk as you exit."


Nuriel frowns slightly but bows her head in cooperation after Kat's statement and slams the remainder of her drink with an iron-stomach. "My sincerest apologies." She states and will leave with them. When Jez offers up the Palace as a signing bonus she smiles. This truly is an interesting lot. "I've got a room at the Collegiate, but am glad to be away, lead on." She offers her hand in a nonchalant direction and follows.
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:33 pm

[rolls held]

James cringes when the bartender hands her the jacket, Who knows what he's put in that damn thing? Once they are out of earshot of the bar he reaches towards the jacket and clears his throat looking a little embarrassed, "I'm sorry to be a little paranoid but would you mind me taking a quick looks at that, just to be sure its clear."(Electronic Countermeasures, Detect concealment). If she does had it over James will take a real close look to make sure there is no bugs attached.


Analoy shrugs and hands the jacket off to James before they get outside, "Be my guest. She seemed pretty nice, but if anyone around here is shopping for information, I guess its better to be safe then sorry." She gives James a smile and pats him on the shoulder. Is he just wanting to show off his skills to our new bosses or is this just how he operates?
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Kat's Thinkin' Skills For James' and Analoy
Streetwise 63%:1d100 = 5
Find Contraband 64%: 1d100 = 25 Painting a Mental Picture of Who's who in the Warrens
History: Post-Apocalyptic (MercTown Area) 73/68%: 1d100 = 90 Painting a Mental Picture of Who's who in the Warrens


Analoy wrote:"I can't say if I ever saw a Horseman, aside from the ones that were shooting at us. The bike took some damage so I went ahead and ditched it. That's when some ninja looking girl popped up. She didn't look like a horseman. Said something about watching out for the Terror. Then I took off."


Kat makes a recognizing grunt at this and interjects with a question. "Ninja girl? Was she wearing red?" Kat's tone indicates she strongly suspects the answer already. The Red Terror helped look for Kat's mother, after all. Well, no worries about THOSE guys telling the Horsemen shit.

James Miller wrote:Once Analoy finishes her narrative James jumps in, "I was actually followed once we split up as well. I beat him at his own game though and was able to get some video. It was definitely not a run of the mill biker thug, the guy had some decent skills. I can show everyone the video after and see if anyone recognizes him."


"Hmmm. Well best-case scenario it was the same group watching and tailed you both. Worst-case, someone else knows more than they should. I guess I won't ask about distinguishing characteristics with you having video and all." By this point, the jig is up on James' cover. Jez called it. He's a spook.

Analoy wrote:When the three start to move away from the guards, Analoy slides up to the guards with a sickly sweet smile, "Sorry about that. New friends always seem to want to show off." She holds out a hand with $3000 in cash in it and says, "Here take this for any clean up that needs to be done. And if that video were to get erased, I'm sure it'd be for the best." She smiles again as he hurries to catch up with the rest of the group.


Kat nods nearly imperceptibly at the bribe. This one knows how things get done.

Jezebel wrote:"Nah," Jez corrects Kat as they walk outside the casino, "I've got a room at the Quiet Warrior Inn still. Shit. Guess I ought to upgrade to the Palace though. It's been nearly a full 24 hours since I last had some shut-eye. I should check in at the Warrior and let 'em know I'm leaving; the owners are really nice folks, wouldn't want to put them out a room on my account."


"Nice place, I know it. I ain't got wheels either, I took a cab here. Don't think I want to wait for one on the street. How much room you got in that thing, Fi?"

Nuriel wrote:"I've got a room at the Collegiate, but am glad to be away, lead on." She offers her hand in a nonchalant direction and follows.


"This could be fun, girls." James is clearly ignored in that statement at least. Or, at least hopefully ignored and not emasculated.

Jezebel wrote:"Don't spend your credits! I'm gonna get us a big suite!"


"Lookin crowded in there, Fi. I'm happy enough with riding in the bed seeing how I'm in no shape to rub elbows with." With that, Kat hops in the back and squeezes in whatever space is left.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:13 pm

"Step on it, Fi!" Jez grins at the driver as she shares the cab of the vehicle with more people than is comfortable. I'll be damned if this isn't close to like being back on Arismal as a teenager.

Per Townsend's blessing via chat, continue posting here, everybody.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 16+3=19
JiC: 1d100 = 88 // 1d20 = 10
Not the Assassin you are looking for
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 73/80% (Like me, hate me... Listen to me.)
Recognize Sounds & Voices: 1d100 = 88/58% (Commit voices to memory)
Headhunters, Find Contraband: 1d100 = 75/78% (Find the connection between the Card and the Person)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 49/66% (Speaking vaguely)
Streetwise: 1d100 = 17/54% (Notion over the right barkeep and/or the right person)
Surveillance: 1d100 = 42/73% (No one else is Incognito)
Prowl: 1d100 = 30/63% (Incognito)
Interrogation: 1d100 = 30/55% (Ask about the Man)
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 30/63% (Dissuade anyone from recognizing him being with the Spooks)


Echo leaves the Haunt with his overcoat over his armor though no where near considered out of place as he traverses the city. When he arrives at One-Eyed Jacks he scoffs quietly, "Diamond in the rough..." He mutters as he walks in and goes towards the bar scene. He'll remove his helmet revealing his first cyber-disguise of Jason Schroeder and knock on the bar to single for a drink. When the bartender reaches him, Echo'll speak.

"G'day, the drink of the night if you please." Echo remarks, asking for whatever the specialty drink of the night is. When he is given the drink, he will mutter, "Hoping you can help me find someone, barkeep. The man with the Axe." Echo remarks, his voice barely more than a whisper as he palms the Black Pass, allowing the Barkeep to see it before slipping it back again. Echo will maintain his hand on his side-arm in case he doesn't get the reaction he is hoping for.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby SNAFU » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:22 pm

One-Eyed Jack's stands out among the shabby hovels in the Warrens. Bright lights, slick design and music pumped into the streets draws gamblers like a moth to flame.
Image
It's a bit early in the day and the place is mostly empty. Echo approaches a bar, orders a drink, a heavy ale called Dwarven Maul, and then flashes the Black Pass. The bartender does a slight double-take but other-wise acts disinterested. With a deliberate movement that was obviously a failed attempt to seem casual, the bartender presses a button under the bar.

Image

Barely finishing his first sip, Echo is approached by a handsome well-dress man, perhaps 50 years old.
"Good evening, sir. My name is Jason Handler, and I am the head of security here at One-Eyed Jacks. May I ask what name it is you go by?" the man's manner is exceptionally polite and reveals a cultured past. Once Echo has given his alias, Handler smiles, "Very good, Mr. Schroeder. Now if you would please come with me..." Handler trails of as he makes to lead Echo out of the public casino area and into the back of the club. Although Echo has spotted at least 30 armed security men in the casino, none of them seem particularly interested in him. It is just him and Handler, so Echo follows.
Image
Echo is taken to large, luxurious and expensively furnished office-type room. The room is exceptionally designed and decorated except for one incongruous feature, the west wall frames a large garage-style sliding door, which appears to be made of Mega-steel. The cold, industrial look of the door clashes harshly with the rest of the elegant space. While Handler takes his leave, the door slides open.
Image
The most first thing Echo notices is a spare, concrete room absolutely painted with blood. At the center of the room is a metal gurney with a large lump of meat on it. Judging by the limbs and body parts strewn about the floor, the meat-lump was once a person of some-kind or other.
Image
And then Echo focuses on the man emerging from the room. The moniker "The Man With the Axe" turns out to not be a symbolic or euphemistic label but a literal one. A long axe, it's head dripping blood on the ground as the man uses it like a cane as he enters the office proper. A large, seemingly augmented dog walks with the man, just inches from his side. Despite the blood splattered all over the walls, both dog and man are completely spotless.
"Good evening Mr. Schroeder, My name is Phillip Ernhardt. May I see it?"
Once the Pass has been looked over, Ernhardt looks back to Echo.
"Very well. Tell me what your purpose here is," sighs Ernhardt with what might be a tinge of regret.
SNAFU
 

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Echo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17+3=20
JiC: 1d100 = 93 // 1d20 = 9
OOC Comments
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 71/80% (Come off as trustworthy)
Charm: 1d100 = 34/40% (Come off as sincere)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 63/66% (Steer the conversation where he wants it)
Recognize Weapon Quality: 1d100 = 66/71% (Axe and it's purpose, durability, threat level)


After the escort down the hallway and the sight of the grotesque concrete room, the assassin wonders just where he was sent, his hand gliding across the small of his back as he feels for his newly acquired dagger. This looks like some illegitimate operations do, not that mine have been legit in the past; best to be ready.

Ernhardt wrote:"Good evening Mr. Schroeder, My name is Phillip Ernhardt. May I see it?" ... "Very well. Tell me what your purpose here is,"


Ernhardt, Phillip Ernhardt, now I know his name. The voice of sullen man, just what does he do... Echo ponders for a moment before offering the man a cordial nod.
"Mr. Ernhardt, I was sent this way by another party. One whom I do not trust, but know has no reason to lie." He offers, seeing any reaction the man offers in his vague reference to Hades. "I am here seeking the means to be the best at what I do; My line of work requires I be able to operate alone or in groups, to end life swiftly at any distance. As my work continues, my contracts become increasingly challenging for me to handle... I am only as useful as the equipment I carry. In my line of work, this is a dangerous weakness, one I need to correct." Echo states, describing his predicament as vaguely as possible to begin with to gauge Mr Ernhardt's reactions and answers.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby SNAFU » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:53 am

Echo wrote:
Ernhardt wrote:"Good evening Mr. Schroeder, My name is Phillip Ernhardt. May I see it?" ... "Very well. Tell me what your purpose here is,"


Ernhardt, Phillip Ernhardt, now I know his name. The voice of sullen man, just what does he do... Echo ponders for a moment before offering the man a cordial nod.
"Mr. Ernhardt, I was sent this way by another party. One whom I do not trust, but know has no reason to lie." He offers, seeing any reaction the man offers in his vague reference to Hades. "I am here seeking the means to be the best at what I do; My line of work requires I be able to operate alone or in groups, to end life swiftly at any distance. As my work continues, my contracts become increasingly challenging for me to handle... I am only as useful as the equipment I carry. In my line of work, this is a dangerous weakness, one I need to correct." Echo states, describing his predicament as vaguely as possible to begin with to gauge Mr Ernhardt's reactions and answers.


"This party was reticent with the details, I see, typical of his kind. Rather thoughtless.
Allow me to explain, you have been selected, or rather deemed worthy, as a candidate for an advanced enhancement program. We call it Thanatos X.
As you may or may not know, I am a Black Market Capo, I run all the gambling Ops in Merctown. But that is a false identity, I am an agent of Thanatos."


Ernhardt goes on to explain the nature of the Thanatos organization. Much like the Palladium group, Thanatos is a criminal organization that infiltrates other criminal organizations. 20% of all Black Market Organizations are Thanatos double agents. In the case of the Chicago Mob and Bandito Industries the infiltration is almost as high as 30%.

Phillip Ernhardt is a Capo of the Chicago Syndicate and runs their casinos in Merctown. But the Man with the Axe, the man speaking to you now, is a Thanatos infiltrator and recruiter.

"You have a choice to make. We can provide what you seek, but at a significant cost. You must agree to a lifetime contract. Breaking the contract will result in your death. Speaking of Thanatos outside this room will result in you death. If you in any way compromise the secrecy and security of Thanatos, it will result in your death.

The process is extremely painful, many candidates do not survive the procedure. Sometimes there are lingering side-effects or permanent disfigurement. It's always a gamble when one seeks power. But the upside is glorious. You will be a living weapon, capable of handling any tactical situation. Your mind will become sharper, more focused. Physically, you will rival the most fearsome juicers. And all without ugly brain implants that drive you nuts, or a poisonous Juice Rig that condemned you to a short life.

If you accept we will begin right away, the process takes several months to complete. You will need to come up with a plausible cover story for your associates and acquaintances.

If you decline I will need to get my resident Mindfracker to wipe your mind clean of all that you learned here before I can allow you to leave.

What do you choose"?
SNAFU
 

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Echo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 14+3=17
JiC: 1d100 = 62 // 1d20 = 6
Intelligence: 1d100 = 49/66%
Interrogation: 1d100 = 48/55%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 16/80%

Echo gauges the mans responses and narrows his eyes at the offer of "Commit or else" with a slight smile curling across his lips. Cutthroat and bold, he answers as I expected. Echo ponders before nodding his head slightly.

"Mr. Ernhardt, do not confuse me with subjects of the past. Thanatos is no new name for me, though your motives remain unclear, it is Thanatos I am seeking." Echo remarks, "Contractual Obligations are what I live by however before I could agree to your terms I need to make a couple things crystal clear." Echo states.

"First, I need to ensure that any contract with Thanatos does not directly inhibit or otherwise require me to do things against my current contract, which is also pseudo-lifetime in nature though nothing truly lasts that long." Echo begins, expressing that the contract with Thanatos can in no way go against the Spook Squad.

"Secondly, assuming we can meet the first criteria, it also needs to be known that I have no issues removing threats as your organization sees it, but I am not some lackey nor expendable piece of hardware. If this contract is truly for life, I have a certain expectation for a degree of mutual respect and/or cooperation." Echo continues, expressing that he is not some simple lackey; he is a killer to be used when needed, an Ace in the hole, so to speak.

If the above two can be met, Echo adds one final tidbit before agreeing. "One last thing before I commit to this, Mr. Ernhardt. If we come to agreeable terms here, and everything goes according to plan then you and your organization will have gained a loyal and capable ally. That said, if Thanatos should ever deem me expendable or tries to remove me I will not hesitate to use all of my resources against you." He states matter-of-factly, "Just so we have a clear understanding of each other, and I assume your organization has a similar thought process. Trust is earned and it goes both ways." Echo finishes.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby SNAFU » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:09 am

"First, I need to ensure that any contract with Thanatos does not directly inhibit or otherwise require me to do things against my current contract, which is also pseudo-lifetime in nature though nothing truly lasts that long."


"You are embedded in one of the most prestigious small unit mercenary companies in Merctown. It is rumored they have defeated both gods and armies. We wouldn't want you to be anywhere else, nor to jeopardize your position there." Ernhardt assures Echo that Thanatos will never endanger or conflict with his current arrangement.

"Secondly, assuming we can meet the first criteria, it also needs to be known that I have no issues removing threats as your organization sees it, but I am not some lackey nor expendable piece of hardware. If this contract is truly for life, I have a certain expectation for a degree of mutual respect and/or cooperation."


"The Black Pass is not given to lackeys and the are never tossed away." Ernhardt says simply.

"One last thing before I commit to this, Mr. Ernhardt. If we come to agreeable terms here, and everything goes according to plan then you and your organization will have gained a loyal and capable ally. That said, if Thanatos should ever deem me expendable or tries to remove me I will not hesitate to use all of my resources against you." He states matter-of-factly, "Just so we have a clear understanding of each other, and I assume your organization has a similar thought process. Trust is earned and it goes both ways."


"Of course. If it were to be any other way you would not be a candidate for the Thanatos X program."


If the Bargain is made then Ernhardt instructs Echo to make his arrangements and take his leave of his colleagues. In the morning he is to head to the Merctown Airport, and find the private hangar of the Coronis Charter company. They will be prepared to transport Echo to a secret facility in the New West. There he will begin the program.
SNAFU
 

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:20 am

Perception: 1d20 = 14+3=17
JiC: 1d100 = 63 // 1d20 = 5

After Ernhardt provides satisfactory answers to all of Echo's criteria, Echo nods as he grabs his helmet and reattaches it, hiding his face once again. This is looking promising, pain is nothing compared to the potential rewards. Echo thinks.

"We have an accord, Mr. Ernhardt. I will go inform my colleagues of personal business and then head to the drop point." Echo states and will leave, returning to the The Haunt.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Underguard » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:16 pm

Cordelia, James and Alexandra make it back to the hanger in a shorter time than it takes the four to make it to One-Eyed Jacks, and Cordelia has time to grab a quick shower and bite to eat to wash off her recent expulsion of vomit. She feels wheezy, but is still conscious. James hangs by the cabbie as Alexandra goes in with Cordelia until Cordelia is ready to go. [Post your intentions while here, then your intentions to leave. Keeping it in one thread for my own sanity]


Jezebel, Susan, Lucille and Megan all arrive at One-Eyed Jacks main entrance without issues. Lucille, still excited to continue to night, does not notice much beyond the extremely lively One-Eyed Jacks.

Megan and Jez both note that there is a large D-Bee Bouncer that looks like a humanoid ape-man, and Megan isn't sure, but she thought she saw the four of them being followed the entire route to One-Eyed Jacks. Susan on the other hand did completely catch that two armored men were following the pair of them, and they look identical to two mercs she vaguely remembers from the Unicorn Tavern. Susan doesn't see any weapons on them or the like, and it does not look like they are following maliciously; but they are definitely being tailed.

The bouncer greets the four of them with a huff and says "Four human girlies walking into Jacks. Hrmph, I smell trouble. No funny business inside!" He states but let's the four inside without a fuss.

Inside wrote:Image

An oasis of style amidst a sea of trash, this casino is much too elegant to be in the Warrens. The exterior is well maintained, the interior is brightly lit, thickly carpeted and luxuriously furnished. One-Eyed Jacks is second only to the Palace Hotel & Casino. It offers the usual games of chance with tables for poker, blackjack, gin, pinochle, and other card games, roulette and craps, as well as hundreds of slot machines. The casino caters to all kinds of gamblers, from the penny-ante tourist to thousand credit chip high rollers. As always though, the house is strongly favored and wins the majority of the games. On an average night it pulls in 100,000 to 600,000 credits. Aside from the gambling, One-Eyed Jacks has a full service theater-bar with live bands on weekends (play jazz, blues and/or soft rock).
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Megan Price » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 24/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 67/1d20 = 10
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (zooming in on each face of the people following us, also using thermal imaging and nightvision when the ambient level of light is insufficient), Amplified Hearing (listening in on any conversation that they are having)

Megan giggles like a little school girl then whispers into Jez's ear "I think we've been followed from the tavern in the Mystic Quarter." After pulling away she says in a normal conversational tone "I'm thinking we should go to the spa tomorrow. *12 o'clock* works for me." Megan will also casually glance in that direction to not only unobtrusively zoom in on their faces, but trying to determine if any of them are concealing weapons (Detect Concealment 1d100 = 88/57%)

12 o'clock
Replace the time between the asterisks with whatever direction I need Jez to glance in to see the people Megan thinks are following them.


Who the fuck are these guys and are the connected to what just happened at the tavern? Megan wonders to herself before deciding they need to be where more people are going to be. "Hey, let's go check out the dance club to see who they have playing tonight!" Megan exclaims before leading the others to the theater-bar to see if any live bands are playing tonight, checking for ambushes along the way (Detect Ambush 1d100 = 99/57%). If there are people dancing on the dance floor, Megan will get out there and dance.
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:00 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 44
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 84
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance

Megan wrote:"I think we've been followed from the tavern in the Mystic Quarter."

Jez looks with her eyes, keeping her head fixed. Interesting. Could be a threat or an opportunity in disguise. Jez plays along. She whispers back to Megan, "Don't do anything to tip them off that they've been seen. Let them watch...and keep an eye on them." The voice of her instructor from the ADF academy echoes in Jez's head. Lace your orders with honey when necessary to make them go down easier. "Good looking out, Megan." Jez straightens up from the conspiratorial exchange and says in a conversational tone, "I could kill for a proper spa treatment, but breakfast first."

Bouncer wrote:"Four human girlies walking into Jacks. Hrmph, I smell trouble. No funny business inside!"

Jez's hands glow ominously and she scowls at the bouncer. "Watch who you're calling human, primate." Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 33 Jez walks past the bouncer and into the casino as if he was beneath her further notice and scans the room to see what kind of multiplayer card games there are to be enjoyed. "I don't like straight games of chance, and I'm not terribly familiar with the local card games, but I should be able to pick up the rules quickly enough. You GIRLS have a card game suggestion?" She definitely wants some food and drink, however. Still kind of famished. The celebratory feast got rather abbreviated back at the tavern.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Megan Price » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:44 pm

(Rolls held)

Jezebel wrote:Jez's hands glow ominously and she scowls at the bouncer. "Watch who you're calling human, primate." Intimidate: 88% / Original post: 1d100 = 33 Jez walks past the bouncer and into the casino as if he was beneath her further notice and scans the room to see what kind of multiplayer card games there are to be enjoyed. "I don't like straight games of chance, and I'm not terribly familiar with the local card games, but I should be able to pick up the rules quickly enough. You GIRLS have a card game suggestion?" She definitely wants some food and drink, however. Still kind of famished. The celebratory feast got rather abbreviated back at the tavern.


Megan watches with fascination as her boss tries to be intimidating to an ape like humanoid d-bee that probably could pick both of them up with ease, but she keeps pace with Jez and gives the bouncer a shrug and an almost apologetic smile. Once inside, she asks about card game suggestions, for which Megan had a reply almost as soon as Jez had finished speaking. "I personally prefer poker, Lonestar Holdem in particular. How you play is pretty simple as far as poker goes. First the dealer starts out by dealing out two cards, called the hole cards, which is followed by a round of betting. The dealer will then deal out five more cards that everybody uses, in three stages. They first deal out the flop cards, which are three cards. This is followed by another round of betting. The next card the dealer deals is called the turn card, followed by another round of betting, after which the dealer puts down the river card and a final round of betting takes place. You win when either you have the best 5 cards at the end or everyone else folds. Now I'm guessing you have never played poker before?" If Jez has played poker before, Megan will stop talking, but if Jez has not played poker before, as Megan suspects, then she will go on to explain the various hands.

"So you play poker with 52 card deck that as two colors, black and red, and each color has two different suites. Clubs and Spades are both black, while Hearts and Diamonds are both red cards. Each suite has 13 cards, numbered two through nine, then Jacks, Queens, Kings. The 13th card is the Ace card and can either be above the King card, or below the 2 card, although for poker it's almost always higher than the King. You win by having the strongest hand compared to everyone else who has not folded, or dropping out of that round of cards if you will. The order of hands goes like this: High Card which is where the single highest card is what you are playing with, a pair of cards of the same rank. Any pair of cards will always beat a high card, even if that high card is an Ace and you have a pair of deuces, which is another term for two. Next highest hand is two pair where you have two different sets of cards that are of equal rank to each other. After that is a three of a kind, which is similar to a pair but three cards instead of two. Then you have a strait, which is any sequence of 5 cards in a row, regardless of suite. So you can have a strait of 2 3 4 5 6, or you have 10 Jack Queen King Ace or anything in between, so long as they are consecutive cards. Then you have a flush, which is any five cards of the same suite, regardless of what the cards themselves are. After that you have a full house, which is when you get a three of a kind and a pair at the same time. The next highest is a four of a kind, pretty self explanatory by this point, which is then followed by strait flush, which is as it sounds a flush that is also a strait. That finally brings us to the mother of all hands, The Royal Flush, which is a strait flush that is 10 Jack Queen King Ace, and ONLY those cards. Any questions?"
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Lucille Davis » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 40

The effects of natural adrenaline still infuse Lucille as they enter One-Eyed Jacks. Anyone observing her might think she's dazzled by the sights and pretty much oblivious, and they wouldn't be wrong. "Heavenuk this has been an exciting evening!" she says, wide-eye staring at the glittering lights.

Jezebel wrote:Jez's hands glow ominously and she scowls at the bouncer. "Watch who you're calling human, primate."


Lucy wonders about being a primate or a human. Not covered in magitech classes, I guess. She follows Jez, Susan, and Megan inside, avoiding eye contact with the bouncer out of some ill defined sense of embarrassment at her excitment, muttering "Thanks, you too." You too? Gods Lucy, put your head on straight!

Jez's call for killing a spa treatment properly break her out of her momentary internal dialogues. "Spa treatment?" She sniffs her armpit as covertly as possible, which is not very covertly. "I guess I could use a bath..." But then Jez's request for a card game suggestion lead Lucy down a dark hole.

Megan Price wrote:"I personally prefer poker, Lonestar Holdem in particular. How you play is pretty simple as far as poker goes. First the dealer starts out by dealing out two cards, called the hole cards, which is followed by a round of betting. The dealer will then deal out five more cards that everybody uses, in three stages. They first deal out the flop cards, which are three cards. This is followed by another round of..."


Flop card? Hold card? Wait... and turn cards...? Lucy's head is swimming as the details of poker pour forth before her.

Megan Price wrote:"...So you play poker with 52 card deck that as two colors, black and red, and each color has two different suites. Clubs and Spades are both black, while Hearts and Diamonds are both red cards. Each suite has 13 cards, numbered two through nine, then Jacks, Queens, Kings. The 13th card is the Ace card and can either be above the King card, or below the 2 card, although for poker..."


Oh gods. Is there going to be an exam after this...! Lucy starts to feel her anxiety rising up at the thought of all these details.

Megan Price wrote:"...can have a strait of 2 3 4 5 6, or you have 10 Jack Queen King Ace or anything in between, so long as they are consecutive cards. Then you have a flush, which is any five cards of the same suite, regardless of what the cards themselves are..."


Oh crap, I totally spaced out... so a strait, right, that's a straight set of... of... cards? Numbers? Numbered cards!? Oh great Mummu in the sky what number is Jack!? (Math: Basic 84% / 1d100 = 53)

Megan Price wrote:...the mother of all hands, The Royal Flush, which is a strait flush that is 10 Jack Queen King Ace, and ONLY those cards. Any questions?"


"Do I have any questions...?" Lucy wonders to herself with the sudden realization that's she's said this thought out loud. "I mean, no, gosh. That. That's was... thorough. The only games I remember playing back in Stormspire were dodge the fireball. I'd explain it but you... you're probably familiar with the rules." she smiles sheepishly. "So who's ready for me to loose their money?"
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 83
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 95

Following Jez in, Susan shrugs at the bouncer. "Humans are primates. Perhaps it's a compliment?"

Susan is still on the combat drugs she took when the murder at the Poky Sphinx occurred. It takes until they reach the poker table for her to realize she should mention the people following them. She leans over the cards as Megan explains the game. "THERE'S..." she clears her throat and lowers her voice so she can't be heard over the casino noise. "We are being followed by two armored but apparently unarmed men who appear to have been tracing us since the tavern. They may be seeking to procreate."

She stands up and says, in a normal tone, "Many people of different apparent sexes have been observing us since we entered, particularly the Captain."

"Gambling is an excellent way to throw money away. I will watch and drink for now. Maybe some slots..."

We would make an exceptional blackjack counting ring...

Susan looks at Lucy when she mentions 'dodge the fireball.' "Please tell me that has more rules than 'don't die.'"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Underguard » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:39 pm

[One-Eyed Jacks]

As the alien super-soldier, Jezebel, squares up to the bouncer with her comment, she sees the large ape man furrowed his brow as his lips curl into a smile showing some healthy fang-like teeth. "Haha! I like this one! Ain't too often a girl your size makes me second guess my comment. You're all right! Don't cause a fight, and enjoy your night." He responds with a toothy grin.

Jez, Megan, Lucille and Susan all walk in with little more issues, and walk inside the casino. A few of them being familiar with the location, it is just as beautiful as it was before. Far too elegant and popular to be a Warren's Casino, yet here it sits. Megan does an exceptional job at tracking the pair that has been tailing them, and they are indeed following them into the Casino. Megan even spots one of the two men shake hands with the bouncer as they walk in, almost as though they knew each other.

Splitting up to cover some ground, so to speak, Susan and Jezebel head over to the bar and grab a few stools. As Jezebel makes her way to the bar, after several minutes of taking the scene in, she does spot the pair of armored men that Megan mentioned, enter the casino but they are immediately lost in the crowd. She did recognize them from the former location, but also remembered they were a pair of mercs who didn't run, nor made any hostile actions or anything while the Defenders were there. Resigning to let things play out, and taking a seat at the bar, a human looking bartender walks up to her and Susan. "And what'll you ladies be having tonight?" Susan immediately flags down a drink and both Jez and Susan are handed the drink and food menus. Jezebel notices a beautiful human-like female she thinks she might recognize but can't place i, way down the bar table that has three empty pitchers in front of her; working on her fourth.

Meanwhile, Megan and Lucille both find two spots at a Holdem table and take a seat. The buy in is relatively small and credits are perfectly acceptable as the dealer deals them both in. Megan stays in for the til the turn card but decides her whimsical hand of mixmatching low suits won't get her a win even if the river was in her favor. Her eyes more concerned with tracking the two men whom followed them in. Lucille on the other hand falls right into the game and takes the first hand with a straight flush [Lucille wins 50 credits]. Excited at her first game, the Dealer leans in and says to Lucille (loud enough for Megan to hear). "Not bad for your first hand, little lady. Care to up the wager?" It's at this point, one of the men Megan spotted sits at their table, next to Lucille on the other side of Megan, and tosses some creds down to join the hand. Megan doesn't pick up any malicious movement from the man.

[The other side of the bar table]
Valrun is on her 4th pitcher of Mead, and the two men and one woman that had been drinking with her have all, in different successions, run off to the bathrooms for obviously unrelated issues. Meanwhile, as she sets the pitcher down, she does spot two woman take a seat at the bar down the row. She thinks she recognizes them, but isn't really sure. One is quite beautiful, the other is less so; one has the walk of a soldier, the other has the walk of a civilian. Her train of thought is interrupted by the bartender, "Want another pitcher?"

[The Hanger]
Alexandra waits for several minutes as the cab driver gets uppity while Cordelia takes her time and James approaches her. "You can head over to the Casino. I'll join when Cordelia is up and moving." And waves the cabbie and her off. It doesn't take them but a few minutes to cover the distance to the Casino before arriving at One-Eyed Jacks. She sees a large and imposing ape-man bouncer there at the door with his arms crossed, and as she exits the cab and looks at the casino, can tell the bouncer is just waiting for her to come to the door. She notes a few people enter, from a weird looking dimension being, a trio of jocks and even a pair of mercs from the looks of it. One of them even shakes the bouncer's hand as he walks in.

Meanwhile, James plops on the couch while Cordelia probably fell asleep in the shower. While the water is warm for now, only time will tell if she gets out before all the hot water is sucked out and ice water forces her out.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 61

Susan takes a long pull on her drink, not feeling much from it due to the boing-go. To Jez, she says, "Is it always this hectic and... random... in MercTown? As soon as we returned there was a message. Then a man wanted to die on James. Then James wanted to kill the man. Now we're being followed by people who appear to not be a threat."

She looks around the casino, trying to find the two men who had been tailing them. "Are you famous? Should I be selling your autograph?"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Valrún » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88/37%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 96

Valrún glances at the bartender, and then finishes draining the pitcher she had been working on. "Aye barkeep, another sounds like a splendid idea. I think I need to find a new drinking partner perhaps." These mortals cannot hold their alcohol, this stuff is like water. Trying to figure out where she may have seen the woman at the bar, she waits for the bartender to hand her a new pitcher. Örlög hyggja á djörfung. When the bartender hands her a fresh pitcher, she nods to him as a thank you, then gets up and walks down the bar to where the two women are.

She will wait patiently for an opportunity, then get Jez's attention. Smiling at her she says, "Excuse me, but you look familiar. Have we met before? Maybe in the CCW? Or the UWW? Maybe Wormwood?" Maybe she served somewhere I was passing through. I hope it is something like that. Pretty sure this will get awkward if it was something a little more intimate. Valrún looks totally at ease, and while she waits for a reply she takes a decent pull from her pitcher of mead.



Translations
Örlög hyggja á djörfung - Fate favors the bold
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

OOC Comments
Goddess in the Making
M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
User avatar
Valrún
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:28 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 29
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 68
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance

Susan Lee wrote:To Jez, she says, "Is it always this hectic and... random... in MercTown? As soon as we returned there was a message. Then a man wanted to die on James. Then James wanted to kill the man. Now we're being followed by people who appear to not be a threat." She looks around the casino, trying to find the two men who had been tailing them. "Are you famous? Should I be selling your autograph?"

Jez shrugs, "Eh, I don't typically spend much time in Merctown. I've been on this world for a little over two of your years now, and I've probably only spent a month or two in town that whole time, so I've a poor basis for comparison." Jez slams down three drinks in short order and slides the menu back toward the server.

"I'll take everything on the appetizer menu, please. Oh, and keep the booze coming." Jez remarks.

Answering Susan's second questions she says, "Famous? I don't think so. But if so, I'm apparently not yet famous enough to find a way to my native dimension."
Valrún wrote:When the bartender hands her a fresh pitcher, she nods to him as a thank you, then gets up and walks down the bar to where the two women are. She will wait patiently for an opportunity, then get Jez's attention. Smiling at her she says, "Excuse me, but you look familiar. Have we met before? Maybe in the CCW? Or the UWW? Maybe Wormwood?"

This woman looks famil...the strange apparition from the mines! "You! I saw you in the mines when James appeared out of nowhere! I don't know what any of those places are. Who are you?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Valrún » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Jezebel wrote:This woman looks famil...the strange apparition from the mines! "You! I saw you in the mines when James appeared out of nowhere! I don't know what any of those places are. Who are you?"


That strange place when I first got back here. This was that woman that was there. What are the odds. Val takes another long pull from her pitcher of mead as she considers how to answer. "The CCW and UWW are intergalactic nation-states in another dimension. Wormwood is yet another dimension I've been to. I guess you could call me a dimensional traveler." Val pauses for a moment, taking another drink from her mead while she thinks, "You can call me Val. This isn't my first trip to Miðgarður, although I will say my arrival in the mines was...unexpected. I usually have better aim than that. I'm not a big believer in coincidence, so I think our meeting again is not a chance thing."

With that she drains the rest of her pitcher of mead and turns to the bartender. "Barkeep, another pitcher if you please!" She turns back to Jez with a smile on her face, "So my turn. Who are you?" Who knows, maybe this one will be interesting enough to hang around for a bit.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

OOC Comments
Goddess in the Making
M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
User avatar
Valrún
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Megan Price » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 78/1d20 = 12
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (zooming in on each face of the people following us, also using thermal imaging and nightvision when the ambient level of light is insufficient), Amplified Hearing (listening in on any conversation that they are having)

Underguard wrote:[One-Eyed Jacks]

As the alien super-soldier, Jezebel, squares up to the bouncer with her comment, she sees the large ape man furrowed his brow as his lips curl into a smile showing some healthy fang-like teeth. "Haha! I like this one! Ain't too often a girl your size makes me second guess my comment. You're all right! Don't cause a fight, and enjoy your night." He responds with a toothy grin.

Jez, Megan, Lucille and Susan all walk in with little more issues, and walk inside the casino. A few of them being familiar with the location, it is just as beautiful as it was before. Far too elegant and popular to be a Warren's Casino, yet here it sits. Megan does an exceptional job at tracking the pair that has been tailing them, and they are indeed following them into the Casino. Megan even spots one of the two men shake hands with the bouncer as they walk in, almost as though they knew each other.


The tension that was starting to knot up in the muscle where her flesh merged with her cybernetic arm eased up when the bouncer started laughing. Holy hells, this woman's got a set of balls so damn big they had to be hung from her chest! The relief she felt was but fleeting as concern once again formed in the back of her paranoid mind as she watched one of the men shake hands with the bouncer. That doesn't mean anything, yet! She sourly thought to herself. They could be frequent patrons of the casino. On a whim, Megan decides to purchase a raffle ticket. When Jez decides to split off, Megan takes note of who the two mystery men follow, suddenly feeling more paranoid than before. OH CRAP! Do they recognize me? Am I the reason our group is being followed?

Underguard wrote:Meanwhile, Megan and Lucille both find two spots at a Holdem table and take a seat. The buy in is relatively small and credits are perfectly acceptable as the dealer deals them both in. Megan stays in for the til the turn card but decides her whimsical hand of mixmatching low suits won't get her a win even if the river was in her favor. Her eyes more concerned with tracking the two men whom followed them in. Lucille on the other hand falls right into the game and takes the first hand with a straight flush [Lucille wins 50 credits]. Excited at her first game, the Dealer leans in and says to Lucille (loud enough for Megan to hear). "Not bad for your first hand, little lady. Care to up the wager?" It's at this point, one of the men Megan spotted sits at their table, next to Lucille on the other side of Megan, and tosses some creds down to join the hand. Megan doesn't pick up any malicious movement from the man.


Wanting to figure out if they really are after her or perhaps maybe after Lucille, Megan decides to test it out. "This table isn't feeling too hot for me right now, so I'm going to go to the bar and get something to eat and drink. You want anything? Keep in mind I'm not paying for you. Also keep in mind the dealer is prompting you to up the ante in an effort of making more money for the casino because they take a cut of the winnings from each round in games like this where the players are playing against other players." Megan will then get up from the table and non-chalantly keep both men in her view as she goes over to the bar and orders an unopened bottle of beer and a steak sandwich. After eating the sandwich, she goes back to the table and buys in to the next round so long as it's still not too much. She also examines the two men to see if they are trying to conceal anything.

Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 4/57%
Tracking People (for keeping on eye on the two men): 1d100 = 22/52%
Gambling Standard: 1d100 = 96/47%
Last edited by Megan Price on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:27 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 77
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 25
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Charm/Impress: 60% / 1d100 = 54
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 75
Valrún wrote:"The CCW and UWW are intergalactic nation-states in another dimension. Wormwood is yet another dimension I've been to. I guess you could call me a dimensional traveler." Val pauses for a moment[/b]

The import of the woman's words hits Jezebel like the slug from a caseless 10mm. This woman might know how I can get home! I can leave this weird shithole behind and rejoin my people! Jez turns to the woman, puts her hands on the sides of her upper arms, and looks into her eyes from behind her goggles as Jez rises to her feet. "You've traveled dimensions? You say these things casually. How did you do this? Who do you know that can make this happen? What are the tools required? How much does it cost?" Without realizing it, Jez has lifted Val from her feet. Even though her eyes are covered by her goggles, there's no mistaking the intensity of Jez's interest.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Susan Lee » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:36 am

ROLLS HELD

Seeing the situation escalate, Susan comments, "Captain Jezebel, there's a man in the phonebook who provides dimensional courier services. Even if you've only been in town for a few months during your time here, did you not check the phonebook? Or try the Collegiate?"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:43 am

Susan Lee wrote:Seeing the situation escalate, Susan comments, "Captain Jezebel, there's a man in the phonebook who provides dimensional courier services. Even if you've only been in town for a few months during your time here, did you not check the phonebook? Or try the Collegiate?"

(rolls carried over)
Jez's grip slackens and she turns around to loom at Susan. What the frak did she say? "Susan, what in Ildana's overflowing bowl is a 'phonebook'? And what the frak? There's a company that sells this service?" Jez lets go of Val and turns to loom over Susan like an enraged, sexy giantess. "I CAN JUST BUY PASSAGE HOME? ARE YOU TELLING ME I'VE BEEN STUCK ON THIS FRAKKING ROCK FOR TWO YEARS...FOR NOTHING?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Valrún » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:36 am

Rolls Held

Jezebel wrote:"You've traveled dimensions? You say these things casually. How did you do this? Who do you know that can make this happen? What are the tools required? How much does it cost?" Without realizing it, Jez has lifted Val from her feet. Even though her eyes are covered by her goggles, there's no mistaking the intensity of Jez's interest.


It would be hard to mistake the look of annoyance that flashes across Val's face for anything else. Ég gæti drepið þetta fyrir þetta. Val takes a deep breathe in to try and calm herself down.

Jezebel wrote:Jez's grip slackens and she turns around to loom at Susan. What the frak did she say? "Susan, what in Ildana's overflowing bowl is a 'phonebook'? And what the frak? There's a company that sells this service?" Jez lets go of Val and turns to loom over Susan like an enraged, sexy giantess. "I CAN JUST BUY PASSAGE HOME? ARE YOU TELLING ME I'VE BEEN STUCK ON THIS FRAKKING ROCK FOR TWO YEARS...FOR NOTHING?"


Val locks a determined gaze on Jez, although the annoyance on her face hasn't lessened a bit. "Höndar af þér dauðans. It is unwise to just randomly lay hands on someone who could drop you into one of the Hells. You are here, in a dimensional crossroads of a planet, and you never even thought to find a mage who could open a portal? They would not even need to be a shifter like myself to do the job, just know the right spell. But to answer your question, I do it by my will alone, it takes no tools, and it costs me nothing. There are restrictions, but they aren't anything I am unused to working around. Now...kindly calm yourself down and introduce yourself before you make things worse." What kind of being manages to remain ignorant about dimensional travel when they clearly are not a native? She had to have traveled here from somewhere. Poor thing, must be from a backwater dimension.

Translations
Ég gæti drepið þetta fyrir þetta. - I could kill her for this.
Höndar af þér dauðans. - Hands off your betters mortal.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

OOC Comments
Goddess in the Making
M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
User avatar
Valrún
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Susan Lee » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:09 pm

ROLLS HELD

Susan looks at Jez for a beat. Start from the top... "A phonebook is a listing of businesses and persons in a particular locality. In archaic locations it is a physical book. In MercTown, there is also an electronic version accessible by computer. There is a man in MercTown who delivers messages across dimensions for money. I imagine he could take a traveler if paid enough."

She thinks about dimensional travel. "You have to understand that dimensional travel isn't my area of expertise, but there are, theoretically, an infinite number of dimensions. So while finding yours seems possible, it wouldn't be a sure thing. Popular dimensions or dimensional hubs like Earth would be the easiest to get to."

Susan goes over nearby magic communities in her head for a moment, then ticks them off on her fingers. "Besides this very nice, giant lady, off the top of my head, you could probably find experienced dimensional travelers at the Collegiate, the Kingsdale Guild, Lazlo, and Stormspire. I haven't gone on a dimensional jaunt, this is my first time out of Lazlo, but I don't think it costs more than a hundred thousand credits or so."

Intriguing. She sweats. I suppose it would have been odd if she panted to reduce core temperature like Pu... Alexandra.

Susan does NOT smile at the thought of Jezebel panting like a canine.

"Perhaps your two years here were so you could learn a cosmic lesson about friendship or the true meaning of home."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Lucille Davis » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:16 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 50

Underguard wrote:Excited at her first game, the Dealer leans in and says to Lucille (loud enough for Megan to hear). "Not bad for your first hand, little lady. Care to up the wager?" It's at this point, one of the men Megan spotted sits at their table, next to Lucille on the other side of Megan, and tosses some creds down to join the hand.


Lucy's eyes widen as her first hand comes out a win. Afar mausan moavhas! A simple game of chance and some bluffing, and suddenly I've got some credit on hand! Who invented this amazing system of payment? She completely fails to think anything of new comers to the table, giving them barely a glance before attempting some calculations in her head at whether she might be able to double her winnings. (Math: Basic 84% / 1d100 = 19 -- SUCCESS)

Megan Price wrote:"This table isn't feeling too hot for me right now, so I'm going to go to the bar and get something to eat and drink. You want anything? Keep in mind I'm not paying for you. Also keep in mind the dealer is prompting you to up the ante in an effort of making more money for the casino because they take a cut of the winnings from each round in games like this where the players are playing against other players."


Megan's voice reaches Lucy's ear, but with little effect. "Yeah yeah, um, right. Prompting me to up the ante." Her brow furrows slightly. What's an ante again? "Oh and nothing for me. I've got a hot hand running!" Hot hand, right? I think that's what they call a win. A win! Me! She takes a longer glance at the new comers siting at the table before turning back to Megan. "Besides, who else is going to take credits from these new fellas?" Lucy gives Megan a wink and then nods to the dealer, saying "Yeah, I suppose a friendly up wager would do. Let's see them cards!"
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:22 pm

(rolls held over)
Susan Lee wrote:Susan looks at Jez for a beat. "A phonebook is a listing of businesses and persons in a particular locality. In archaic locations it is a physical book. In MercTown, there is also an electronic version accessible by computer. There is a man in MercTown who delivers messages across dimensions for money. I imagine he could take a traveler if paid enough. You have to understand that dimensional travel isn't my area of expertise, but there are, theoretically, an infinite number of dimensions. So while finding yours seems possible, it wouldn't be a sure thing. Popular dimensions or dimensional hubs like Earth would be the easiest to get to. Besides this very nice, giant lady, off the top of my head, you could probably find experienced dimensional travelers at the Collegiate, the Kingsdale Guild, Lazlo, and Stormspire. I haven't gone on a dimensional jaunt, this is my first time out of Lazlo, but I don't think it costs more than a hundred thousand credits or so. Perhaps your two years here were so you could learn a cosmic lesson about friendship or the true meaning of home."


Jez tunes out the prattling behind her and focuses with the intensity of a laser on Susan's words. As her words sink in, Jez comes to realize that what she wants is possible in theory, but far less simple in practice than the rhetoric used initially. Overselling and under-delivering. The people of this world should be famous for this frakking character flaw. Jez sits down heavily. Her excitement a bit deflated. She looks over to the big woman. "Not all dimensions are like this one. Dimensional travel is virtually unheard of in my native dimension. I'm sorry, but our mutual ignorance led to my overexcitement." She sighs audibly, sits up, slams back a drink, and perks up a bit. "Still, there's some measure of possibility of which I'm now aware, and that's worth looking into, and more than I've known about in the two years I've been here."

She slams back another drink and glares at the help to bring them more. "But that's for tomorrow." Jez looks to the strange newcomer she's seen once before in an odd moment. "I guess we've never really met. My name is Jez. This," she jerks a thumb over her shoulder at Susan, "is Susan. Who are you?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Valrún » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:24 am

ROLLS HELD

Jezebel wrote:She slams back another drink and glares at the help to bring them more. "But that's for tomorrow." Jez looks to the strange newcomer she's seen once before in an odd moment. "I guess we've never really met. My name is Jez. This," she jerks a thumb over her shoulder at Susan, "is Susan. Who are you?"


Val lets out a very deep sigh. Maybe she has had a bit much to drink. These mortals don't usually have much of a tolerance. She looks over at Jez, "As I said, you can call me Val. Didn't mean to startle you so much. I just assumed anyone here, of all places, would know about the existence of dimensional travel. If you need a crash course, I could probably fill you in on some of the details. When we aren't at a bar." She speaks in clear tone of voice, although a little slowly to make sure she is understood this time. This one might prove interesting. I wonder what she does around here. Val shrugs her shoulders and shifts her attention to Susan, "And nice to meet you Susan. I take it you are from around these parts?" She seems a bit more level headed than her friend here. Or at least more knowledgeable.

She looks for the bartender, waves to get his attention, "Hey, wheres another pitcher of mead, I'm thirsty"
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

OOC Comments
Goddess in the Making
M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
User avatar
Valrún
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:19 pm

ROLLS HELD

Susan nods at Val in greeting. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Yes, I'm from Lazlo." She pauses, then adds. "You appear to not be human? It's okay to answer, I'm a doctor!"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Underguard » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:00 pm

[The bar]

The bartender provides another pitcher for Valrun at her request, and does keep them coming; the pitcher tastes like mild beer, nothing up to par with the usual mead she us used to from her realm. Jez, Susan and Valrun then engage in a spirited conversation.

Meanwhile, Megan acquires a raffle ticket numbered 9 47 16 79 9 while scoping the place out, specifically looking for the two individuals she spotted following them before finding the table with Lucille. As Lucille scopes in her initial victory, Megan keeps on eye on the man who sat near Lucille at the table as he begins to play too, she can't immediately spot the second one. She heads over to grab a bite and a few beers as Lucile dives into the game full throttle. She doubles down and wins her next hand on the flop card before the river or turn card, she sees her hand as a full house, aces over eights, and goes all in. Even the river doesn't let the players at the table beat her as Megan returns to the table to buy into another round. She notices the armored man near Lucille at the table is absolutely watching both of them, though she can't tell why yet, she does notice he is sitting awkwardly as if hiding something on the other side of him from Lucille. Her attention however is returned to the table as her two cards are a two and five of different suits, and one of the cards on the table combine with hers, she folds quickly.

The conversation between Jez, Valrun and Susan begins escalating and causing a mild ruckus, as the revelation of commonplace dimensional travel becomes known to her, Jezebel nearly loses her cool. Susan does her best to cool Jez as Valrun almost inadvertently triggers her, though Jezebel recovers from her excitement and slams back another drink. As she and Valrun begin conversing normally, the barkeep returns with yet another pitcher, leaving two before her. "Try not to make a scene; we don't like having to throw people out." The bartender states, before looking around and it's then that Jez, Susan and Valrun notice basically the entire bar table area are staring at them; though once the trio of women look around, most eyes avert to what they were doing before. Both Jez and Susan notice that at least one person sitting at the bar seems acutely interested in their conversations; he looks like one of the two that followed them from the other joint, but it's too hard to tell for sure.

Alexandra is still on the outside of One-Eyed Jacks, watching passerbys come and go.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Megan Price » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 14/1d20 = 17
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (zooming in on each face of the people following us, also using thermal imaging and nightvision when the ambient level of light is insufficient), Amplified Hearing (listening in on any conversation that they are having)

Megan's paranoia kicks into overdrive for a moment thinking that the man means to kill one or both of them. It's unlikely he could have smuggled a weapon onto the premises, although he was pretty friendly with the bouncer... No, that is wrong line of thinking! It's possible that he's simply trying to cheat at cards. Either way, I need to radio Jez for backup. Megan takes a slow, steadying breath is an attempt to rid herself of most of her paranoia. With that done, she moves her hand to cover her mouth as she sub-vocalizes, making it seem as she's scratching an itchy nose, while mentally activating her built in radio to call Jez.

"Boss, this is Megan. I'm sitting at a low stakes Hold 'Em table with Lucille and one of the men from the Unicorn Tavern is sitting here awkwardly like he's hiding something from us. Can you please investigate?"
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Valrún » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/37%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 76

Susan Lee wrote:ROLLS HELD

Susan nods at Val in greeting. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Yes, I'm from Lazlo." She pauses, then adds. "You appear to not be human? It's okay to answer, I'm a doctor!"


Hvað er það með þessa menn og leiðinleg þörf þeirra til að flokka allt? Val lets out a rather long sigh and gives Susan a bit of a glare, although one without any real heat behind it. Hey body language even shows a bit of amusement. "While I may be a bit tall, I am certainly no giant. Trust me, they dwarf me. Kind of smelly to, for the most part. And rather rude. Honestly, since when is being tall enough to disqualify one from being human? My mother was quite human. For at least several dozen generations. I get my height from my father. And what in the Hel is a Lazlo? Really, what kind of doctor are you anyway? I'll have you know that any attempts to 'doctor' me won't make me happy. I'm fit and healthy, always have been, always will be." And what would an actual doctor be doing in a dive like this? Surely she can afford a better class of establishment to drink in. "But since we are asking questions, what are you Jez? Humans aren't that strong. Nema þeir séu á lyfjum"

Translations
Hvað er það með þessa menn og leiðinleg þörf þeirra til að flokka allt? - What is it with these humans and their pesky need to classify everything?
Nema þeir séu á lyfjum - Unless they are on drugs.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

OOC Comments
Goddess in the Making
M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
User avatar
Valrún
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 95

Susan is briefly overwhelmed by the odd patter about dwarves and giants and... mothers? "Ha ha! Yes! I have all the degrees! You have beautiful hair."

She takes a long swallow of the 'mead' and looks at the glass. "This is not mead. This is light beer. I have had mead a number of times before and this is.. not it."

Susan then stands, grabs the pitcher of 'mead' and Jez's empty glass, trying to also snag a stray hair fallen from Valrun's head. She then moves to the bar, positioning herself to stand next to the man observing them. Susan sets the pitcher on the bar and motions to the bartender. "There has been a mixup. We ordered mead. This is not."

She sets her glass and Jez's empty on the bar, fills Jez's glass with the light beer, turns to their stalker and hands him the now-full Jez pint saying, "Buy you a drink, sailor? Did you just get into port or are you shipping out in the morning?"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Lucille Davis » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 2 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 42

Lucille's eyes sparkle with delight as the river rolls her way, carrying her to another win. Blessed Mummu, nothing can stop this hand! She eyes her competition and starts some awkward version of across the table trash talk. "By Gruumsh's one eye y'all just can't catch a break. Could be my hand's just too hot for ya?" She splays her cards in triumph and visually snickers as the other players toss their hands back to the dealer.

As Megan returns to the table, Lucy turns to her with a big goofy grin on her face. "Megan, dear, I don't know what all those words were you that intoned back there on me, but your incantation is working!" As the next set of cards comes out, Lucy refocuses back on the game, missing any potential paranoid look in Megan's eye or her subvocal com to their fearless leader. "Come on now, Megan, let's show these boys what we G.I.R.L.S. got."
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

PreviousNext

Return to The Warrens

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests