The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

The slums of MercTown. Be careful what you do and say...the Merctown Defenders don't often come here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Wakiza » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 1

Conditions: About every minute or so Wak will scan the bar with Thermographic vision to see if any invisible 'things' are wandering around

Wak replies to John, "Well then you should talk to him tomorrow and see what he has. Hopefully he has some maps that can help us out." Wak is keeping an eye on the Quick-Flex as best as he can. What are you up to?

Wak replies to Stonefist, "Yea, I wanna do it. Need to let out some frustrations. What time does it start?" He is trying to get his mind off of his old team and particularly Ravella's headless corpse. Focus! "Spirits! I am augmented. I've had this cyber armor implanted so long ago that I don't even think about it anymore."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Dodsrike » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:03 pm

The waitress comes around with the food everyone has ordered. She sits Wakiza's down where he had been sitting, and puts two large platters of food next to Jack. "The one closest to you in El Fuego, the other is more like En Fuego. Enjoy!" She picks up any empty drinks, and makes sure to ask if anyone needs any more drinks.

Wakiza wrote:Wak replies to Stonefist, "Yea, I wanna do it. Need to let out some frustrations. What time does it start?" He is trying to get his mind off of his old team and particularly Ravella's headless corpse. Focus! "Spirits! I am augmented. I've had this cyber armor implanted so long ago that I don't even think about it anymore."


Stonefist takes a good look at Wakiza, almost as if he is trying to look inside his soul. Then he leans down towards Wakiza and says in perfect American, "Listen, I am not sure what demons are haunting you right now. But I've seen that look. To many times. Even if you weren't augmented, I probably wouldn't let you fight. You'd either kill someone or someone would kill you. I can't be having that at my bar." Stonefist takes a step back, looking under the bar, finds what he is looking for and grabs it, leaning down towards Wakiza again, "Look, this is decent whiskey. And you can have the bottle. On the house. Go spend time with your friends, enjoy the party, and don't start any fights. I hope you eventually can put whatever demons are haunting you behind you."

Stonefist stands back up again, looks over at one of the staff who is chatting with one of the Larmaks, "Hey, I dun pay ya's t' bother da customers. Git back ta work."
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Vheld » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:14 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 94
PER: 1d100 = 7 vs. 51%

Dodsrike wrote:Oh, now you want to talk to me. Have I finally become worth talking to? It is bad enough you wear that other awful jewelry, but you could at least make me feel appreciated. You should show me some more appreciation than that.
Vheld's jaw tightens in frustration, and he thinks carefully to himself. Wonderful, it got chatty. In response, he relies on his dubious charms and replies, Of course- your services are most invaluable to me and I do appreciate them. These other baubles mean nothing to me, my dear- mere sentimental trinkets from the days before we joined forces. They cannot possibly compare to a being of your exquisite composition. Thank you, in advance, for any insight you could offer.

Dodsrike wrote:I have no knowledge of a Nxla. It is not a demon or deevil lord of some kind. And I do not know of any intelligence's named so either. As for stealing souls, I know they can be bound by contract to a Hell. And they are fundamental to one of the dark arts of the Hells. As to how to steal and bind one, that knowledge is beyond me, although obviously it is a requirement to make a rune item.
This last tidbit piques Vheld's interest. He absently thanks his medallion again, and thinks to himself I wonder if my link to Hecate would protect me then? Hm... Best keep that factoid to myself. No sense in alarming the others.

William Summers wrote:"Morogot sounds like a real downer. I take it you guys won given that you're here to tell the tale and not one about how Europe is now a corrupted hellscape. You've been to Mexico too?! Did you have to deal with any vampires? We had a giant Tee-Dub bombing run against the vamp kingdoms and took on a Splugorth mothership. Pebbles over there ground most of em into paste with his rock form. Hehe, that was a rough clean up. Then we got separated, I ended up in space with some giant bugs and a braindead Russian superhero. Some criminal alien helped us rift back home. Wait, what the hell was the Hindu god doing in Mexico? Shouldn't she be wherever they come from? I guess gods can go wherever they please really. So uh, here's the big question. What's your favorite spell? I'll go first! Magic Warrior is the best! It's like the most badassest fighter you can think of having your back!"
Vheld cocks an eyebrow at William's enthusiasm, but responds ably enough. "Crimea has been cleansed, yes, barring whatever those Russians are doing there now. No vampires curiously, and damned if I know how Kali got there." Then the conversation turns back to magic, and here Vheld grows slightly (but noticeably) more relaxed- an area he knows well. "I would be interesting in hearing more about that Splugorth mothership at some point- particularly anything you learned about its weak spots. As for my favorite spell" Vheld pauses and purses his lips "Magic warrior is good, if a bit limited to only one. I have a few that have served me well in my adventures, but I suppose my sentimental favorite is sub-particle acceleration. Excellent on offense, and at detonating Coalition munitions. It served me well in my early days as an adventurer." Best not to share too much of my capabilities with them just yet.

John Altfeld wrote:"If you killed a god, do you have any pointers?"
Vheld offers a wry, crooked smile and says "Hide behind a beefy cyber-knight and hit her with everything you've got."

Vheld waves off any subsequent offers of food and drink, and as the conversation around him trails off or shifts to other subjects in which he is uninterested the shifter appears to be content to simply remain in place, listening. He will snort softly to himself when Roberto sidles up, but he will leave the women to handle themselves unless trouble starts.

Dodsrike wrote:"Sir, is there anything I can get you? Some food, maybe something to drink? Or perhaps you would like to resister for one of the fights tonight?"
Vheld shakes his head. "No. Thank you." Should the server persist in her efforts to feed and/or ply Vheld will drink he will again refuse; if it's still an issue after that he will pay her 50 credits to leave him alone.

John Altfeld wrote:"I... know someone else I could ask at the Collegiate. He knows a lot, so he might be able to tell us something. People are always saying he went crazy from seeing too much offworld. I think he's crazy like a fox. And also likes to laugh at inappropriate times."
Vheld shrugs. "It's your time, but I wouldn't call any favors to try and get advance information on our target. Between the difficulty I've had learning much of anything, and the fact that nobody's taking him seriously despite the danger he represents, I suspect we're dealing with someone who knows the value in keeping a low profile."
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 406/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 81/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
MDC: 294/330 (Sshir)
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Dodsrike » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:16 pm

GM Post

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 1, 111 P.A.
Time: 0000
Environmental Effects: None; 80°, light breeze from the east
Location: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House


As the time has passed, everyone has been having a fairly good time. The waitress has made sure everyone has had drinks when they wanted them, and food when they ordered it. By this point of the night, the bar is packed with beings of all kinds. There would seem to be folks from all kinds here. Some were dressed rather nice (for the Warrens) and came with what you would guess to be bodyguards. Others look like street rats, looking for some entertainment. Most are ignoring the mercs out on the town, having a party of their own. Jack has found out that when they said his Bursters Delight was El Fuego, they meant it. The various bits of meat, fried cheeses and other treats on the plate seem to have been soaked in pepper juice from the spiciest of peppers, then cooked in even more pepper juice, garnished with pepper juice. Others who try the En Fuego will find that is is rather hot. Enough to make your eyes water when eating it. For the others that have ordered food, they discover that while the food isn't top shelf cooking, for a bar in the Warrens it's pretty decent fare. Wakiza finds out that Stonefist was not kidding about the bottle of whiskey. It is pretty good, and seems to have been part of a batch that got aged properly. Vheld discovers that no matter what he tries, the waitress keeps coming around every 30 minutes or so, to ask him if he wants anything to drink or eat.

Roberto is doing his best to keep Mercedes and Minerva engaged, and is being as charming as possible with the both of them. He also keeps knocking back tequila shots like they are water, and if he can get them to, he encourages the ladies to do the same. He doesn't do anything improper, although most of his banter is flirtatious in the extreme. He does keep it cultured however, not devolving into crude euphemisms. His Quick-Flex friend has barely been drinking, and maintains his vigil where he can see the majority of the bar, including the entryway easily. The Larmacs left a few hours ago, although the scent of their cigars still lingers in the air of the bars. The tall pale man and his brunette companion are still at a table near the group, talking to themselves as if nothing around them mattered. The majority of the crowd now is D-bees, with Ogres being the largest contingent of them.

Right about this time, you hear a loud "Shuddup, I got's sumtin to say!" come from the bar area. The crowd quietens almost immediately, many of them looking towards the bar with anticipation. "Its time, time for da fights. We gots 4 matches, and da Toughman competition. If yous wanna watch, git in da back room." With this you notice the majority of the patrons get up and start walking towards a large room at the back of the bar. The crowd gets excited, and you can hear bets being placed on who will win and how many rounds and all the other ways bookies have to make money off folks. There seems to be three major bookies, and although they are not standing near each other they seem to be in sync about the odds and favorites. Any who decide to go watch the fights can easily find room to stand in the room, and it isn't hard to notice the 'arena' in the center of the room. It is a large circle, laid into the floor, made out of what looks like steel. There is enough room for the spectators, and you can see an area where several beings, including the Vanguard Brawler, getting ready to fight.

What do you do?
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:44 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 1
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 42

Jack is busy with is platter of hot stuff, he is in heaven. He never had such spicy food! Sure, in Australia they had India and Vietnamese cuisine. Mexico did have some great dishes but this place was far and above the best he had ever had.

As far as Roberto and his friends, Jack is keeping an eye out on them. He seems like an OK chap, but Jack isn’t sure why he is getting most of the ladies, um drunk. But the ladies don’t seem to be getting too drunk.

When Jack hears the "Shut up", he turns toward the Ogre and listens. Once he mentions the fight, Jack sees the people moving to the ring. He feels that this place is going to get rowdy. He is concerned about security, “Man this is a perfect place for thieves and any other type of mis gotten fools to try something especially when everyone is watching the fight. Got to keep my guard up.”

To Minerva, “You want to get a closer look?” He leans into her smiling and whispers, "Not sure I like the crowd, but I am always a bit on edge around a bunch of unknowns.”

If she does, he gets out to help her out of her seat.

He uses Bio-Regeneration, to make sure there are no poisons in his system. -6ISP
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Minerva » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 18

Mercedes wrote:
"It is a pleasure, Mercedes. Happy to be working alongside more women. What do you bring to the group?"

"Indeed. How wonderful to meet you Miranda.", Mercedes replies disinterested and not really looking at her. She purposely ignores Minerva's question.

Minerva raises an eyebrow at Mercedes' mispronunciation of her name. Looking in her direction, she takes a sip of her drink and then sighs. "Qué lástima. Me hubiera gustado un amigo, no una rivalidad. No importa. Yo ganaré. Siempre hago." She turns her attention back to Jack.

Jack Killian wrote:“The god gave me some power for the work I had to do when I was down there, but since I arrived here in Merctown I no longer feel him with me. I think this mission will be very tough, any unknown is difficult. Australia is in the Pacific Ocean but way to the west of South America. A desolate place. People live in a few major city that keeps the other people out. I am of the later, those that were left out of the city and left to fend for themselves. Not too many of those called D-bees. Seems most serious evil have left us alone or forgot about us and think we are not worth the trouble."

Jack Killian wrote: "I certainly like the evolved idea. But I see there is still problems with accepting others has not changed even in your society.”

"The gods are fickle and fleeting. I know them to exist, but I do not give them my praise. They are powerful and wise, but so am I." She listens a bit more. "This Australia sounds like a rough place. To separate your people and not keep everyone in your cities, that is a travesty. Every society has its unsolvable problems. I am glad we both made it here to MercTown. Adventure is what makes us stronger and this is the epicenter of adventure. As far as I'm concerned."

Dodsrike wrote:The last to come in is a well tanned man, dressed in a manner that makes you think he comes from the New West, and a Qiuck-Flex dressed similarly. After they get into the bar, they take a good look around, and when the man sees Minerva and Mercedes, his eyes light up and he saunters over, looking very confident in himself. He strolls up to the group, the Quick-Flex just behind him, and with a slightly accented but smooth voice he begins, "Hola ladies. You both are such beauties, I could not help myself, I had to come and introduce myself. I am Roberto, and I would love to make you aquantance this evening, if you would permit me and my friend to join you. And if not, at least let us share a drink, si?" His Hispanic accent make the words sound very charming, and his posture and facial expressions give you no reason to think he is lying.

Mercedes wrote:"Of course you may join us."

Minerva's facial expression remains calm and soft as she turns to Roberto and his quick-flex friend. "I am currently preoccupied but feel free to talk to my lonely friend here." She moves her chair to make room for Roberto and his friend but in a way that she can still talk with Jack and keep an eye on the table. Me pregunto cuáles son sus intenciones. She opens her psychic senses to look at their auras (See Aura, -6 ISP), learning what she can about Roberto and the Quick-Flex.
Dodsrike wrote:"Por supuesto hermosa ¿Les gustaría empezar con un poco de tequila?" He looks around see's the waitress and calls out in a loud but sure voice to her, "Eight shots of tequila por favor, I must show the ladies a good time!" He then turns back around to the ladies and smiles a rather flirty smile, "So, ladies, what do you do for a living. Wait, let me guess, such beauties as yourselves are models perhaps si? Please do not tell me you are kept women on a leash, that would be a shame." You notice his companion grabs a seat close enough to hear what is going on with Roberto, but also where he can see the door as well.

Minerva allows Mercedes to field the questions and ignores the tequila shots in front of her.

Jack Killian wrote:To Minerva, “You want to get a closer look?” He leans into her smiling and whispers, "Not sure I like the crowd, but I am always a bit on edge around a bunch of unknowns.”

If she does, he gets out to help her out of her seat.

Minerva lights up at the idea of Jack watching the fights with her. "I would like that very much, señor!" She allows him to help her out of her seat and then heads over to the fight area. She offers one glance back to make sure Mercedes is OK with the two newcomers. Parecen lo suficientemente decentes. Y estoy segura de que ella puede cuidarse sola.


Translations
"Qué lástima. Me hubiera gustado un amigo, no una rivalidad. No importa. Yo ganaré. Siempre hago."="What a shame. I would have liked a friend, not a rivalry. No matter. I will win. I always do."
Me pregunto cuáles son sus intenciones.= I wonder what his intentions are.
Parecen lo suficientemente decentes. Y estoy segura de que ella puede cuidarse sola.=They seem decent enough. And I'm sure she can take care of herself.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby William Summers » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 69

Wakiza wrote:Wak enters the bar and looks over the patrons trying to spot any potential trouble, Who in the spirit realm chose a bar in the Warrens as a place to hang out. Wak sees his group and heads over, Well at least I've heard of this Stonefist, a tough bastard, Doubt too many locals will act up in his bar. As he approaches, "Ladies, Gentleman and John, how goes it? Anyone find out anything interesting. I think we should hit the Cartographer place in the Spokes. See if they have any maps of the area. I can do that tomorrow if no one else is interested." He nods to Minerva, Looks like everyone is interested in her, well except Mercedes. He sits near Will and Vheld. "Anyone fighting?"


"Wak! Welcome! This bar is pretty cool. Cartography is important, but for now, grab a drink!" When asked about fighting, Will shakes his head. "I never fight for money. Only for a cause. Here's to valor and honor!" Will raises his glass of mead for a cheers.

When Jack gets his Burster's Delight, Will sneaks a bite from one of the two plates.

Vheld wrote:"I would be interesting in hearing more about that Splugorth mothership at some point- particularly anything you learned about its weak spots. As for my favorite spell" Vheld pauses and purses his lips "Magic warrior is good, if a bit limited to only one. I have a few that have served me well in my adventures, but I suppose my sentimental favorite is sub-particle acceleration. Excellent on offense, and at detonating Coalition munitions. It served me well in my early days as an adventurer."

"Sub-particle acceleration! Excellent choice! I must say, it is a pleasure to get to talk to another magic user. Where I'm from, we're everywhere. Out here, everyone's using machines and packing bigger and bigger robot guns. The guild is fine, but talking with elders only goes so far. Anyway, I'm chewing your ear off. Will Summers, happy to meet you." Will sits back and has some of his mead.
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Dodsrike » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:20 pm

Not a GM Post

As Jack and Minerva get up and head towards the arena, you both see one of the larger ogres pick up a D-bee with oddly colored skill with one massive paw. He gives the D-bee a good shake and then snarls, "Fight Night is off limits rat. No thieving or I'll leave you busted up in the back alley for the enforcers. Only warning" He doesn't quite throw the D-bee on the ground but the D-bee probably doesn't appreciate the difference. It allays some of your concerns about general unruliness outside of what normally accompanies a fight. When you get into the arena room, you can see why, the bookies are doing a brisk trade. Off to one side you see what looks like the fighters for the individual bouts, including the Brawler from earlier. Jack, you notice that the bookies are giving him 8 to 1 odds, and his opponent 1.5 to 1 odds.

Will finds the mead to be not all that bad. It isn't dwarven make, but somebody who at least knows what mead is made this stuff. For a Warrens bar, it is probably as good as it will get. When you sneak a bite from the Bursters Delight, you accidentally grab from the El Fuego plate and not the En Fuego plate. When you put it in your mouth your eyes begin to water and you find it a little difficult to concentrate and breathe. You can even feel the sweat building up on your face. The food itself slides down your throat like it is made from lava, and once it hits your stomach you can tell at least part of your night is going to be in a bathroom. You feel as if you maybe should have payed more attention to which plate you grabbed food off of, because what you ate is something you are fairly certain was custom designed for Bursters and other beings who are heat resistant.
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:27 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

To Minerva as they move away, “I find that it is a good Idea to ignore Mercedes. Dang I was right look over there they got a pickpocket before they got into the crowd.”

A Large ogres pick up a D-bee with oddly colored skill with one massive paw. He gives the D-bee a good shake and then snarls, "Fight Night is off limits rat. No thieving or I'll leave you busted up in the back alley for the enforcers. Only warning" He doesn't quite throw the D-bee on the ground but the D-bee probably doesn't appreciate the difference.


Jack finds a place where he can see who is around him. He listens to the Bookies and ask Minerva, “Hey you want to place a bet? Eight to one odds, not bad. I wonder if there is a limit on the amount?”

Jack goes over and listens to the amounts of bets. He asks one of the bookies,
“What is the limit? I want action on the brawler.” Jack will place a bet (not sure what it will be)
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Wakiza » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 75

Conditions: About every minute or so Wak will scan the bar with Thermographic vision to see if any invisible 'things' are wandering around

Wak wants to be annoyed with the ogre, but he feels no disrespect coming from him. He probably has seen a lot in this place. Get your shit back in line Wak. Wak nods to Stonefist, "Thanks for the whiskey, a fight might not be the best idea right now." He heads back to the table, has a few drinks, enjoys his food and shares the whiskey with any who wants a taste. He keeps an eye on the bar and the quick-flex. As the fights start he heads out to watch, but again tries to keep an eye out for trouble. Trying to keep his mind occupied instead of bringing up old shitty memories. Nods to Will when he says he isn't going to fight, "understandable old friend."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Dodsrike » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:34 am

Still not a GM Post

When Jack approaches the bookie, a D'Norr Devilman, the bookie smiles at him, "Would like to place a bet? I got odds on all of them." He licks his lips when you ask what the limit is, although that look vanishes the moment you mention the brawler. He pauses for a moment, and looking a little hesitant says "Ah...for someone I don't know...ten thousand credits, max bet. I've got a reader right here you can place your bet, then come find me or my associates if you happen to win." If you give him a card, he will scan it quickly, take the 10,000 off the card, and then hand it back to you. He then gives you a receipt for your bet, for the 2nd fight, between Bruiser and Beater (obviously not their real names) that notes that you put 10,000 credits on Bruiser.

With everything going on, Wakiza has plenty to keep himself distracted. There is a decent crow of people for the room, thirty or forty at least. Mostly D-bees, and most of them are ogres. You can tell some of the ogres are doing 'security', not really seeming to be interested about the crowd getting rowdy, but making sure that pickpockets and other riff raff can't apply their trade here. Over where the fighters are, you see a man in a suit, a much nicer suit that you would expect in the Warrens, talking to 4 of what you presume to the fighters. When you focus on him, your amplified hearing picks up what he is talking about "...and that is what I don't want happening tonight. So make it look good, make it believable, or the boss isn't going to be so happy about things. You really wanna end up like the last guy?" You can hear a chorus of no's following that, and then the man walks away from the fighters and the fighters return to their preparations for the fight.
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:30 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))
Jack looks at the Devilman. “Wow they do have some different D bees here.”

D'Norr Devilman,
"Ah...for someone I don't know...ten thousand credits, max bet. I've got a reader right here you can place your bet, then come find me or my associates if you happen to win."


When the Devilman responds, Jack doesn’t jump at it quickly. He thinks about it. Then ask the Devilman, “Is this one of those times that you don’t carry that much credits on you and I have to come find you at another time?” Jack smiles. Jack slowly pulls his credit stick out from under his armor. Then says, “OK, It’s only Creds, 10,000 Right?”
When the transfers are done, Jack looks at the Ticket and his Credit stick. Then walks away. He slides the paper and credits in to the spot between his Sword and the Scabard. This time protecting both with the swords ability to zap someone who touches it.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Whisper » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 9;JIC d100: 1d100 = 2

Lily keeps tossing her alcohol back like it's water, getting very tipsy very quickly.
She looks at the waitress with a goofy smile.
Not bad...Lulu won't even answer me...

When she gets closer, Lily asks, "Whatcha recommend on the menu? I'm kinda hungry."
She'll try out whatever is recommended and ask (a bit louder than intentional), "When's your shift over?"
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Mercedes » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 11;JIC d100: 1d100 = 53
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 60/80%

"Lady, we are a bar. In the Warrens. Do you want to rethink your order or shall I tell the chef you want whatever fish got dredged up recently with some grape juice to wash it down with?"

"Who chose this barbaric dive?", Mercedes asks under her breath but purposely loud enough for people to hear.
She glares at Jack and Minerva "Oh of course." What a pretentious swine. 'It will be so lovely working with you.' Right. It will be lovely using my sword to cut that smile off your face.

"So, ladies, what do you do for a living. Wait, let me guess, such beauties as yourselves are models perhaps si? Please do not tell me you are kept women on a leash, that would be a shame."

"Kept women?", Mercedes smirks, sipping tequila slowly. "Not I.", but she looks pointedly at Minerva without further comment.
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:47 pm

John continues to not eat any of the terrifying food in this bar.

I've eaten live grubs and I'd rather do that again than eat here.


He's tempted to go watch the fight, but realizes that it would be kind of a letdown after what he experienced in Mexico and Atlantis.

I'll have to hit up the main arena one of these days, though...

As the game of the two men hitting on Minerva and Mercedes continues and the Quick-flex acts increasingly suspicious, John prepares to have to rip off the man's arm. He does this by downing his remaining drinks.

I wonder how drunk this will make me...?
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Dodsrike » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:55 pm

GM Post

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 1, 111 P.A.
Time: 0200
Environmental Effects: None; 79°, light breeze from the east
Location: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House


The first fight of the night goes the distance, taking almost ten minutes to come to a close. The two humans who were fighting we both obviously very skilled, and pretty tough. Eventually one landed a lucky punch and knocked the other one out. The second fight, between Bruiser and Beater is an interesting match up. Bruiser is the Vanguard Brawler who has been in the bar all this time, Beater is a nasty looking Greot. The announcer mentions this will be their forth match up, with Beater ahead 3-0. When the fighters first come out of their corners, they seem ready and aggressive. Punches and kicks fly back and forth, and for a while it looks like the fighters are evenly matched. About two minutes in however, Beater begins pushing Bruiser back, and Bruiser is looking more than a little unsteady on his feet. Backed up almost to the edge of the ring, Bruiser suddenly lands a massive uppercut to Beaters jaw, with a sound of crunching teeth audible all over the arena area. While Beater looks stunned, Bruiser takes his shots, brutally pummeling the Greot. After about thirsty seconds of this, it becomes pretty apparent the only thing keeping the Greot on his feet is sheer stubbornness. In an almost insulting move, Bruiser puts his hands on the Greot's chest, and pushes him over, where he does not rise and the match is called in Bruisers favor. The area gets rowdy for a few moments, as Beater was the odds on favorite, and it seems a massive portion of the crowd lost a lot of money.

There are two other fights before the grand melee, which are only notable in how bad the fighters are. Obvious rookies, they don't really get the crowd pumped up like the other fights so far. The grand melee is a chaotic affair, and eventually, after about 15 minutes, a massive ogre claims the prize. People begin heading towards the bookies, collecting their winnings. When Jack approaches for his winnings, the bookie gives him a dose of stink eye, "I don't know how you knew mate, but you may want to steer clear of betting on underground fights for a while, you know what I mean?" He doesn't sound threatening, more like he is just delivering a message. He pays out Jacks 80,000 credits, and Jack and Minerva end up back in the bar.

Whisper, in a fairly inebriated state, makes some clumsy passes at the waitress, who says that Whisper is sweet, but no matter how cute Whisper is she is still drunk, and she doesn't take advantage of drunk patrons. She does make sure that non of the other patrons in the bar can take advantage of her either however, and keeps her with the friends she came with. Mercedes finds that Roberto is good at telling stories, looking handsome, and being charming. He is also able to down massive quantities of alcohol with no apparent effect. Towards the end of the night, he wishes her a good evening, saying he hopes their paths will cross again, and then he and his quick flex buddy leave the bar. John finds that downing the remaining drinks that fast actually leaves him a little buzzed, nothing to bad but definitely noticeable even with his enhanced constitution.

At 2 A.M., Stonefist roars out "All right folks, pay your tabs and get out. I don't care where you go, but you can't stay here!" He gets some raucious laughter from what you would guess are the regulars, and the bar empties out fairly rapidly. Minerva finds that the tab for the night comes up to a paltry 1,000 credits, no where near as bad as it would have been in a more reputable establishment.

Considering the time of night, knowing that the shops and most of the city is asleep for the night, the Spook Squad heads back to The Haunt and the Roughnecks head back to the Roughnecks Operations Compound. The morning will come early enough, and be more difficult for some than others.
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Mercedes » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 19;JIC d100: 1d100 = 84
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 58/80%

Mercedes finds that Roberto is good at telling stories, looking handsome, and being charming. He is also able to down massive quantities of alcohol with no apparent effect. Towards the end of the night, he wishes her a good evening, saying he hopes their paths will cross again, and then he and his quick flex buddy leave the bar.

"It's been a pleasure, Roberto.", Mercedes smiles, taking a moment to try telepathy (-4 ISP) on him before he leaves.
How strange.

Before leaving the bar, Mercedes checks that she has all her belongings. She then proceeds post-haste to the Roughneck's Operations Compound to meditate and contemplate the bloodshed to come.

"Sweet dreams, Spook Squad."
I'll lose no sleep over you.
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Vheld » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:49 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 90
PER: 1d100 = 65 vs. 51%

Vheld is irritated at the waitress' repeated invitations to order something, but the shifter recognizes that she is just doing her job and he is not such a curmudgeon that he will berate her for that. His dismissals of the woman grow increasingly terse as the evening continues on, however. He will otherwise be content to observe the bar patrons and his new allies in the Roughnecks, and talk as little as possible without offending anyone.

William Summers wrote:"Sub-particle acceleration! Excellent choice! I must say, it is a pleasure to get to talk to another magic user. Where I'm from, we're everywhere. Out here, everyone's using machines and packing bigger and bigger robot guns."
Vheld smiles (possibly more to himself) and replies, "Perhaps our upcoming job will give me an opportunity to educate your teammates in some of the finer points of what magic can truly accomplish."

Vheld will remain seated when the fight is called, unless the other Spooks all follow in (in which case Vheld will do likewise, Sil at his heels). Otherwise, he will shift uncomfortably in his seat and wait for an opportune chance to make his exit. Once the fight, and the evening, are beginning to wrap up Vheld rises from his chair and glides off towards the Haunt, Sil at his heels and neither of them offering so much as a backwards glance to the others.

((--> Haunt))
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 406/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 81/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
MDC: 294/330 (Sshir)
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Lahz » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:48 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 87 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 99

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful], Roadrunner PA (No Helmet)

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 40



Lahz observes the evening quietly without much in the way of conversation. Largely he wishes he could be out with his wife on a Last-night-in-Town situation, but he knows that this is more of a team-building exercise and will largely drink Water (club soda/etc) throughout the evening. If there is any question of why, he shrugs with a bemused smirk, "When I drink, my thoughts wander and I can't keep the killer robot from chopping people up with the big sword."

The Psi-Tech does not last until last-call. At 10:00, or once the Grand-Melee is finished, he waves to the others and heads for the door, radioing Ray to come pick him (and Tony) up at the door (he has no interest in participating as any damn damage incurred will likely bee his problem to fix before they leave town).

[[ Wellingtons ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:25 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 15
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 93

Jack goes over to the devil man to collect his winnings. He is very cautious as he Say, “Good Day Sir.”

"I don't know how you knew mate, but you may want to steer clear of betting on underground fights for a while, you know what I mean?" He doesn't sound threatening, more like he is just delivering a message. He pays out Jacks 80,000 credits, and Jack and Minerva end up back in the bar.


Jack takes the credits, and speaks to Minerva, “Thank you for being my good luck charm tonight. I really enjoy being with you and I hope this is just the beginning.” As they walk back to their seats, he continues with small talk. When the last call goes up Jack speaks, “Minerva I hope we can see each other again.”

Jack will end up in the compound.

http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=5932
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Wakiza » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 72

Conditions: About every minute or so Wak will scan the bar with Thermographic vision to see if any invisible 'things' are wandering around

Wak almost laughs, Well sounds like the fights are fixed. Make sense, this is the Warrens after all.

Streetwise-- 1d100 = 89 / 55% (to see if he can figure out who was fixing a fight at this bar.)

Wak disinterestedly watches the fights and nurses his bottle. He keeps to himself and just watches his people. At the end of the night he walks up to Minerva, "Thanks for covering the night, it was interesting. See you soon."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Vheld » Wed May 20, 2020 9:19 am

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 13, Original post: 1d100 = 8
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 2 vs. 76%


With Sil at his side Vheld walks in, stops, realizes that he's the first to arrive, and awkwardly stands in the entrance as he tries to make up his mind as to what to do. I already hate this. After a moment's indecision, Vheld visibly wrests himself into the bar, finds a corner seat at whichever darkened table looks up to the task of accommodating their group, and settles himself in it- barely visible in the shadows thanks to his new cloak.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 406/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 81/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
MDC: 294/330 (Sshir)
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Minerva » Wed May 20, 2020 11:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 27

Minerva walks into the Ogre's Den with a naturally graceful gait. Pulling back the hood of the cloak she arrived at MercTown in, she glances around the bar. Still a cesspool. But I guess it's our cesspool.
She walks to the bar and says "Barkeep! I have some business for you. A word, por favor?" She'll bring the bartender to the side and spell out the terms of the bar tab for the night.
Bar Tab Rules
  1. 10,000 credit soft limit. Anything over that must be brought to Minerva's attention.
  2. Tab is to be spent on anything in house. Food, alcohol, or other.
  3. For members of the following Mercenary Groups only:
    • Merctown Armored Recon Services (M.A.R.S.)
    • Roughnecks
    • Spook Squad
  4. Any one using the tab must identify themselves and provide the password "Nxla"


Once that has been hashed out, she scans the room to look for anyone from the group that arrived before she did. She almost misses Vheld but sees him in what appears to be his natural habitat, skulking in the corner under the cover of some sort of supernatural shadow. "There he is." Minerva walks up to the table and sits on the bench, every movement tasteful and powerful. "I was unsure you'd make it. There's no magic to be discovered at the bottom of a pint. Well, a different type I suppose. So, do you think the others will be here? I'd like to raise a glass in unison to a few memories. But one must wait for the right time, no?" Minerva gives Vheld a slight smile. No creo que sea del tipo amigable. Pero todos podríamos usar algo de luz después de lo que acabamos de enterrar.


Translations
No creo que sea del tipo amigable. Pero todos podríamos usar algo de luz después de lo que acabamos de enterrar.=I don't think he's the friendly type. But we could all use some light after what we just buried.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu May 21, 2020 2:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 3;1d100 = 10


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 10 (When threatening or being attacked)


At the appointed time Wolf walk into the bar, his boots and spurs clicking on the floor as he walks. He still has his duster and cowboy hat on and looks every bit the stereotypical hardened cowboy. Wolf gives the password and orders a bottle of mid range Whiskey and several glasses. Once he has these items he moves over to where Minerva and Vheld have chosen to sit. Wolf tips his hat in greeting to them. "Evenin'. Thanks for the invite Minerva. Vheld." If they have no drinks Wolf will set the glasses on the table an pour everyone a drink. Wolf will knock his back, "Ahh. That's nice."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Wakiza » Thu May 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 56

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak wanders into the bar, This place is still nasty. Funny it seems so long ago, but we were here just a few days ago. Honestly, I'd rather be at the Stogies Men's Club. Wonder if Maritus Flavarrel could get me a membership? Wak takes a look around at the patrons to see if he recognized someone other than those he was here to meet.

Streetwise-- 1d100 = 99 / 55%

When he sees Vheld, Minerva and Wolf he starts to walk over. We found out that Wolf can handle himself, but those two Spooks are ruthless and powerful bastards. Good thing they were there with us. He walks up and grabs a seat, "Hola lady and gentlemen, what are we drinking? I could definitely use a few."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Minerva » Thu May 21, 2020 9:43 pm

(Rolls held over)

Seeing the two Roughnecks settle in, Minerva nods politely as each of them approaches. She slides the shot that Wolf pours her close, observes it with a keen eye, and then knocks it back. To answer Wakiza's question, she says "The Wolf has chosen whiskey. And I, for one, am not one to refuse a drink in good company." She turns her attention to Wolf. "Gracias amigo. ¿No tenían navajas en su cuartel general? Te ves como un desaliñado pastor nerf."

Turning back to Wakiza, she asks "Cyber-Knight. Is it true what they say. You have... como se dice... abdominales de acero... abs... of steel? A brother who met a Cyber-Knight told me this was true."


Translations
Gracias amigo. ¿No tenían navajas en su cuartel general? Te ves como un desaliñado pastor nerf.=Gracias amigo. Did they not have razors at your headquarters? You look like a scruffy nerf herder.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Fri May 22, 2020 12:52 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Minerva wrote:(Rolls held over)

Seeing the two Roughnecks settle in, Minerva nods politely as each of them approaches. She slides the shot that Wolf pours her close, observes it with a keen eye, and then knocks it back. To answer Wakiza's question, she says "The Wolf has chosen whiskey. And I, for one, am not one to refuse a drink in good company." She turns her attention to Wolf. "Gracias amigo. ¿No tenían navajas en su cuartel general? Te ves como un desaliñado pastor nerf."

Translations
Gracias amigo. ¿No tenían navajas en su cuartel general? Te ves como un desaliñado pastor nerf.=Gracias amigo. Did they not have razors at your headquarters? You look like a scruffy nerf herder.


Wolf flashes a smile to Minerva, "*Tengo una navaja de afeitar, pero disfruto el aspecto desaliñado. Supongo que te gustan tus hombres de corte limpio y liso?" Wolf pours another drink for both of them "**Demasiado buena compañía. que siempre encuentre la manera de unirse y ganar el día" Wolf raises his glass in salute towards Minerva. Careful she is dangerous...So is everyone in this bar, or did you not see them when we walked in...I did. Just making sure you don'y do something you'll regret...No regrets from me tonight. Need to loosen up. I've been too stressed lately, and you're not helping in that regard...I keep you alive...Only when it is convenient. I wonder if I can drink you into silence?...Wow. Ok I'll lever you be, just for tonight...Thank the gods.



Translations
  • *I do have a razor, but I enjoy the scruffy look. I take it you like your men clean cut and smooth?
  • **Too good company. may it always find a way to come together and win the day.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Lahz » Sat May 23, 2020 11:39 am

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 28 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 91

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [heartbroken] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (18 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 51




Leaving Ray in the car with the 2nd case of Rum (and instructions to radio with any problems), Lahz enters the Ogre's Den carrying a case full of bottles and walks up to the bar, "Evening, I am looking for a private party, supposed to Mention Nxla ... Not looking to step on the house's take, but I brought some special stuff for some of our Juicer types, but I don't mind dropping 5k for your trouble if you want to handle pouring. Supposed to have a hell of a kick, but its 1000 credits per bottle so probably safer in practiced hands than mine. Does that work?"

Lahz then makes his way over towards Vheld, Minerva, Wolf and Wakiza, "So I brought along a case of Flying Dragon Rum that I picked up in Psyscape. I doubt my father will miss it, and it is supposed to kick like a Dragon so John may find it interesting ... How is everyone this evening?"
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Minerva » Sat May 23, 2020 2:40 pm

(rolls held over)

"Aye mierda." Even through Minerva's blatant attempt to not give a visible reaction, Wolf can tell she's embarrassed herself. After she cheerses those present and downs her second drink, Minerva asks Wolf "¿Sabía que sabías español? Oof."

When Lahz walks up to the table, Minerva breathes a sigh of relief. "Lahz! Welcome welcome. We were all just...getting to know each other. So, Lahz. Is short for Lazarus?"



Translations
"Aye mierda."="Oh shit."
"¿Sabía que sabías español?"="Did I know that you knew Spanish?"
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Lahz » Sat May 23, 2020 4:49 pm

[[ Rolls Carried Forward ]]




"No not Lazarus, I grew up as Lahzuhr long long ago hehehe ... But I don't think anyone one by my parents has called me that in 40 years." The Psi-Tech waves over a waitress to put in for a few orders of chicken wings, mozzarella sticks ... *Hmmmm no Nachos tonight, dont need em getting all soggy while we wait for a giant rock-guy and the Silver-wonderkind to get tore up from the floor up and vomit jalepenos all over ...*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Wakiza » Sat May 23, 2020 6:37 pm

Rolls as above

Wak just nods to her and he opens a section of his armor to show her, "Yes, literal abs of steel." He just smiles at her embarrassment of razzing Wolf. "Well his name is Wolf, what can you expect." As Lahz joins the group, "Very well now," as he hoists the glass of whiskey. "Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Your father was an excellent warrior. How is your brother?" He probably lost the most on this mission. Still not sure how to quantify my feelings on the loss of Derilian. Got used to having that old dragon in my head.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Sat May 23, 2020 7:10 pm

**Rolls Held Over**


Minerva wrote:(rolls held over)

"Aye mierda." Even through Minerva's blatant attempt to not give a visible reaction, Wolf can tell she's embarrassed herself. After she cheerses those present and downs her second drink, Minerva asks Wolf "¿Sabía que sabías español? Oof."

When Lahz walks up to the table, Minerva breathes a sigh of relief. "Lahz! Welcome welcome. We were all just...getting to know each other. So, Lahz. Is short for Lazarus?"



Translations
"Aye mierda."="Oh shit."
"¿Sabía que sabías español?"="Did I know that you knew Spanish?"


Wolf smile remains on his face as he takes another drink, he realizes that Minerva did not know he spoke Spanish. "*Entonces, nací en una ciudad a las afueras de Gallup, cerca de la antigua frontera de Arizona. El español era como un segundo idioma para mí. Hablé español tanto como hablé inglés mientras crecía. Aunque no encuentro mucha gente aquí que hable español. Es bueno poder hablar español nuevamente. ¿Otro trago?" Wolf will pour himself and anyone else another shot of whiskey.

Wolf looks back at Wak. Interesting. Cyber parts...Notating everything...I know you are. Not going to argue with you on this one.

Wolf turns back to Minerva and knock back his drink. "Ahh.**¿De dónde eres entonces Minerva?"


Translations
  • *So, I was born in a town just outside of Gallup near the old Arizona border. Spanish was like a second language to me. I spoke Spanish about as much as I spoke English growing up. Although I don't find many people here who speak Spanish. It is nice to be able to speak Spanish again. Another drink?
  • **Where are you from then Minerva?
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby John Altfeld » Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 62

CONDITIONS: John is +1 Foot

John walks into the private room as Wak is toasting Lahz's departed father. "Wait, your dad died to Nxla?"

He gives Lahz a hug. "Is your brother who you drove away with? That explains a lot. I'm sorry for your loss. Your father died a hero."

That sounded really good. I know, right?!?

John is somber for a moment. "The little rat guy died too? And the bird guy who wanted to join us, but mostly just wandered around?

Remember to ask Will if eating a bird guy is cannibalism later.

"We should get wings! And drunk!" He frowns. "Nothing here got me a buzz last time."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Minerva » Sat May 23, 2020 8:58 pm

(Rolls held over)

Lahz wrote:"No not Lazarus, I grew up as Lahzuhr long long ago hehehe ... But I don't think anyone one by my parents has called me that in 40 years."

"Ah, just Lahz then. I was born Martina Graciela Minerva Valdez, but I am called Minerva." Minerva looks at her empty glass but continues talking. "I have not met one like you before. You are a psychic but you talk with machines? I am intrigued."


Wakiza wrote:Wak just nods to her and he opens a section of his armor to show her, "Yes, literal abs of steel."

Minerva takes her time in observing Wakiza's Cyber-Abdominals. "Guau. Desprecio de muchos hombres, amado por muchas mujeres, estoy seguro." Maldición, eso está bien.

Wakiza wrote: He just smiles at her embarrassment of razzing Wolf. "Well his name is Wolf, what can you expect."

Minerva smiles, nods and positions her glass toward Wolf in preparation for another pour.

Wolf Whitaker wrote:Wolf smile remains on his face as he takes another drink, he realizes that Minerva did not know he spoke Spanish. "*Entonces, nací en una ciudad a las afueras de Gallup, cerca de la antigua frontera de Arizona. El español era como un segundo idioma para mí. Hablé español tanto como hablé inglés mientras crecía. Aunque no encuentro mucha gente aquí que hable español. Es bueno poder hablar español nuevamente. ¿Otro trago?" Wolf will pour himself and anyone else another shot of whiskey.


Wolf turns back to Minerva and knock back his drink. "Ahh.**¿De dónde eres entonces Minerva?"


Translations
  • *So, I was born in a town just outside of Gallup near the old Arizona border. Spanish was like a second language to me. I spoke Spanish about as much as I spoke English growing up. Although I don't find many people here who speak Spanish. It is nice to be able to speak Spanish again. Another drink?
  • **Where are you from then Minerva?

Minerva slides her drink back across the table once it's been filled and listens to Wolf's story. In response, she says the following.

"¿Arizona? No estoy familiarizado. El español es un idioma hermoso. Casi tan florido como Dragonese, y definitivamente más que Gobbely. Soy de la República de Aquiles. De las Repúblicas de Silver River de América del Sur. En su mayoría somos humanoides animales con ocasionalmente Neo-Humanos. Que es lo que soy. Criados para ser los mejores de la humanidad, tenemos mentes poderosas, cuerpos poderosos y una fuerte voluntad de vivir. A veces lo extraño allí, pero realmente estoy disfrutando la vida en MercTown. Ha sido muy diferente a lo que estoy acostumbrado."

When John Altfeld shows up, her eyes light up. "Rockman! Come have a seat! Drink with us!"


Translations
"Guau. Desprecio de muchos hombres, amado por muchas mujeres, estoy seguro."="Wow. Scorn of many men, loved by many women I am sure."
Maldición, eso está bien.=Damn, that's nice.
"¿Arizona? No estoy familiarizado. El español es un idioma hermoso. Casi tan florido como Dragonese, y definitivamente más que Gobbely. Soy de la República de Aquiles. De las Repúblicas de Silver River de América del Sur. En su mayoría somos humanoides animales con ocasionalmente Neo-Humanos. Que es lo que soy. Criados para ser los mejores de la humanidad, tenemos mentes poderosas, cuerpos poderosos y una fuerte voluntad de vivir. A veces lo extraño allí, pero realmente estoy disfrutando la vida en MercTown. Ha sido muy diferente a lo que estoy acostumbrado."=Arizona? I'm not familiar. Spanish is a beautiful language. Almost as flowery as Dragonese, and definitely more than Gobbely. I am from the Achilles' Republic. From the Silver River Republics of South America. We are mostly animal humanoids with the occasional Neo-Human. Which is what I am. Bred to be the best of humanity, we have powerful minds, powerful bodies and a strong will to live. Sometimes I miss it there, but I am truly enjoying life in MercTown. It has been very different than what I'm used to.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby John Altfeld » Sat May 23, 2020 9:24 pm

ROLLS HELD

John looks to Minerva and smiles, "Thank you for hosting the after-party! I'll sit after I figure out the drink situation. If you need people to kick in, we just got paid and I don't mind..."

Whoa, is she coming on to me? I don't want to get burned alive by Jack. He's into this psycho.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Lahz » Sun May 24, 2020 7:23 pm

[[ Rolls Carried Forward ]]




Wakiza wrote:As Lahz joins the group, "Very well now," as he hoists the glass of whiskey. "Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Your father was an excellent warrior. How is your brother?"

John Altfeld wrote:John walks into the private room as Wak is toasting Lahz's departed father. "Wait, your dad died to Nxla?" He gives Lahz a hug. "Is your brother who you drove away with? That explains a lot. I'm sorry for your loss. Your father died a hero." ... "We should get wings! And drunk!" He frowns. "Nothing here got me a buzz last time."


Lahz returns the hug from the sometimes-giant and tries to look like he has not lost hope, "Thank you for your thoughts. My Father ... may well surprise us all. Thankfully, Tristan will survive ... I'll go back and see him in a couple weeks and bring my family to visit. He is in an excellent facility with my mother and sister to watch over him." With a forced smile he waves toward the bar, "I was mentioning to the others that I brought along a case of Flying Dragon Rum that I picked up in Psyscape. My father's reserve will hardly will miss it, and it is supposed to be assertive enough to be felt by juicers the next day ... If you like it, I have a couple extra bottles in the car for you."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Jack Killian » Mon May 25, 2020 2:24 pm

Jack Arrives at the Ogres Den

Jack walks in and sees the groups. he speaks up as he nears the others, "Oye, Minerva looks like a nice party, I see a lot here we just missing a few? "
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Rocky » Mon May 25, 2020 4:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 14
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13
JIC d100: 1d100 = 38

Rocky parks the hover and takes a piece off the hover cycle that insures it can’t be taken away and heads in to the Ogres Den. He stops before he enters and takes a deep breath, This is a celebration of life and all the good we did. Not a funeral. They all may not be lost. Must have faith. After all I did come back too. From another world, dimension. There is always hope, that is what we are all about.

Rocky looks around, there is a sense of happiness that is being broadcast from him. He heads over to the group and speaks to them, “Well I am here, but I got a pass from my fiancé. So, this is a happy occasion. This is a celebration of life. And the good that tall here and the others have done.”

“I thank you Minerva for the party, I am forgetting something? Yes a Drink. And food.”
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby John Altfeld » Mon May 25, 2020 8:14 pm

ROLLS HELD

John bows to Lahz, and as he does so, says, "Thank you, I'm excited to try this bizarre drink and glad your brother sounds... mostly safe?" He then drops into a pitch set to only carry to Lahz, "Hey, if you need to talk about stuff that's not about your dead family. Or, even if it's about your dead family, I live here, mostly."

He grabs a bottle of Dragon Rum, pulls the cork and raises it, shouting to the room, "To Lahz's father, a fallen hero. And fuck Nxla, a loser not fit to eat Mr. Lahz's underwear!"

John downs a quarter bottle. Oh. This actually stings. WTF?!?
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Zzazz » Tue May 26, 2020 5:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 85
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 5
APM: 4

Conditions:
- PPE: 103 / 103 at end of post
- ISP: 156 / 156
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind / 1st round only)

Skills -
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% / 1d100 = 10


Post -
Zzazz rides Slithe at a jogging pace as he moves through the streets. ”Friend Seymour, Can you slow down some? I have already come close to running over three people.” Chuckling to himself, ”Must be important. He is really moving.” He grips the reins a little tighter, and gives Slithe control. ”Get us to the Ogre’s den, brother.”

Seeing it coming up, Zzazz slows Slithe to a walk. ”I see it, Friend Seymour. Follow me.” As he turns for the door, he waves his tail in the universal motion for “come on”. Taking a moment to gather himself, Zzazz pulls his clothes straight and tries to make himself presentable. ”Slithe, stay out of trouble, but be careful.” With a deep breath, Zzazz walks through the door.

Letting his eyes adjust, Zzazz looks around the bar. ”Ok, who do i talk to?” He steps to the side while holding the door. As his friend enters, Zzazz looks around. At the same time as Zzazz hears the toast, Seymour the spirit runs forward to the same spot. Zzazz follows and stops at the entryway to the room the Spooks are partying in. He steps into full view of the group in the room. ”Excuse me? I am looking for “the Spooks”? Seymour sent me with a message.” He clears his throat ”First, i am told to say, NXLA.”
User avatar
Zzazz
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 am

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Minerva » Tue May 26, 2020 8:55 pm

(rolls held over)

Minerva responds to John: "No no! I will pay for everybody! It is the least I can do."
Minerva waves Jack over to sit next to her. "Si. Not sure who else is going to come, but it is good to celebrate life after what we just faced."
She nods to Rocky. "Glad to hear you are not alone. I thought with what happened it might just be you."

John Altfeld wrote:"To Lahz's father, a fallen hero. And fuck Nxla, a loser not fit to eat Mr. Lahz's underwear!"

Minerva raises her glass in response to John's cheers. "Fuck Nxla!" She takes a sip of her whiskey. "You... made a good choice, Wolf. This whiskey is... es muy bueno."

When the lizardman comes into the room, Minerva doesn't pay him any mind. But when he mentions Seymour having sent him, the cheer disappears from her face. "Madre de Dios. ¿Dijiste Seymour? Seymour murió. What kind of joke is this?" Minerva looks like she's about to get up from the table and do something about this intruder.

Translations
"Madre de Dios. ¿Dijiste Seymour? Seymour murió.=Mother of god. Did you say Seymour? Seymour died."
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Ronan » Tue May 26, 2020 9:36 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 42 / 1d20 = 17
Perception [29%]: 1d100 = 37

Ronan joins the bar crew when he can and if possible, joins in the toast to the fallen. "Hear, hear!" He adds in unison before finding certain folk. If he entered with Mierin, he'll ask, "I'm grabbing drinks from the bar, want something?" And otherwise, will head to the barkeep he approaches and adds, "Strongest liquor you got, whatever the, uh, big guys drink?" He says somewhat confusedly, not really sure what to ask for. Even on the fleet, the idea of getting wasted was never a thing for him. He'll get Mierin a drink unless she gets her own, not even aware how money really works or if he's expected to pay. I hope this is on a tab. I think I have some money somewhere from helping with that damn apocalpyse event.

When he spots the little lizard-man he looks a bit taken aback but shrugs it off. New world, new possibilities I guess. I was fighting next to some giant rock thing awhile ago. He thinks to himself amid the lively conversation. He'll find folks around the bar and tap glasses with them for a one on one drink. He'll make a point to approach and to a glass tap with Lahz; he won't mention the family but does offer a small nod. Don't want to bring up shitty things at a time of relaxation, but need to acknowledge it. He muses

"So, this is what this world does for fun, huh. Well, it's nice to actually be able to call it your world, I suppose, even if it insane." He says to anyone in general. He won't abandon Mierin when they arrive unless she makes a point to sit alone, such as Vheld. If he spots the lone drinker, he'll nod and leave him relatively alone. William was like that. He never liked social gatherings, always hung out near an exit or corner, first to leave, private drinker type. I get it.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Wakiza » Tue May 26, 2020 9:57 pm

Rolls as above

Minerva wrote:Minerva takes her time in observing Wakiza's Cyber-Abdominals. "Guau. Desprecio de muchos hombres, amado por muchas mujeres, estoy seguro." Maldición, eso está bien.
Wakiza gives a slight smile, understanding her Spanish easily, "Not really, but it does protect you from some gutter rat trying to gut you in one of these back alleys."

He just nods to Lahz, "Yes, here is hoping to his survival and return and to your brother's swift recovery! Yes, Fuck Nxla!" Then he downs his whiskey. Spirits, it is unlikely that anything will return from that dimension.

He nods to Rocky, "So what happened to you after you left DRS? I got sucked into a rift and ended up on a planet of crazy eyeballs. Yes, seriously eyeballs. Fortunately I ran into the Roughnecks and the Explorers while I was there."

Wak nods to Ronan and just looks up as the lizard man appears.
Last edited by Wakiza on Wed May 27, 2020 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed May 27, 2020 10:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 34/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 20;1d100 = 5


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 10 ( Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the Gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)


Wolf hears the toast and joins in, "Here, Here. Fuck Nxla!" Wolf knocks back his drink. He pours another set for those who want it and turns back to Minerva, "*Nunca llegué tan al sur. Había demasiados peligros. Vampiros, bestias y otras cosas desagradables en México. Realmente no puedo relacionarme con perder un hogar. Realmente nunca tuve uno. El hogar, para mí, es donde puedo recostar mi cabeza con seguridad relitive." Wolf shake the bottle of booze to find it empty. "I'll get some more." Wolf notices the Lizard man as he gets up. Wolf retrieves another bottle of whiskey and is at the bar when he hears the Lizard man speaking to the Spooks and Minerva's response. Wolf leans against the bar to watch what happens, his free hand resting casually on belt. Well this is an interesting turn of events...yes it is. You clocking everything?...Yup. Just waiting to see how this plays out. I never really believed in the spirit stuff my self, but recent events may call for me to change those thoughts...Indeed.


Translations:
  • *I never made it that far south. There were too many hazards. Vampires, werebeasts, and other nasty things in Mexico. I can not really relate to missing a home. I never really had one. Home, for me, is where ever i can lay my head with relitive safety.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Zzazz » Wed May 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 55
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 15
APM: 4

Conditions:
- PPE: 103 / 103 at end of post
- ISP: 156 / 156
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind / 1st round only)

Skills -
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% / 1d100 = 70
Language : Spanish 71% / 1d100 = 37

Post -
”Si, Senora. tu amigo, Seymour, está muerto. *rapid blinking* Sorry, in answer to the lady. Your friend Seymour is indeed dead. He has asked me to come here and help deliver his message.’ Zzazz looks over his shoulder, at Seymour, ”So what i say/” He will wait a moment.

Zzazz returns his gaze to the spooks. ”I am paraphrasing here. He is at peace. Your victory helped him for his peace. He is happy to have been part of your team.” He snaps his head to look over his shoulder. ”What? I said sort of the same thing. They get the point. *Waves hand at spook in a “them” motion* Fine. word for word.” Once again he returns his gaze to the Spooks. Taking in a breath and looking around, he lets it out as he grabs the nearest alcohol drink and takes a sip. With an apologetic nod, he begins. ”My friends, It gives my peace to know you won over Nxla. I am proud to have served as a Spook. I will always be near if you need me. Once a Spook Always a Spook. Goodbye my friends” Zzazz will then pull out his card, ’May i replace that?” He asks the owner of the drink he took. It was not aggression so much as it was nerves.

Apparently finished, Zzazz stands there waiting for some kind of response. ”Please dont chase me off or try to kill me. That happens all too often when the spirits talk to you.” he will prepare to run if this goes bad.
User avatar
Zzazz
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 am

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Lahz » Wed May 27, 2020 10:27 pm

[[ Rolls Carried Forward ]]




John Altfeld wrote:John bows to Lahz, and as he does so, says, "Thank you, I'm excited to try this bizarre drink and glad your brother sounds... mostly safe?" He then drops into a pitch set to only carry to Lahz, "Hey, if you need to talk about stuff that's not about your dead family. Or, even if it's about your dead family, I live here, mostly." ... [h]e grabs a bottle of Dragon Rum, pulls the cork and raises it, shouting to the room, "To Lahz's father, a fallen hero. And fuck Nxla, a loser not fit to eat Mr. Lahz's underwear!"


Lahz offers a chuckle to John, *It's like his personality is oversized as his some-times giant-form ... Interesting fellow, with a curious choice of menu options,* and raises a glass of scotch to salute Wakiza and the others.

Ronan wrote:... He'll make a point to approach and to a glass tap with Lahz; he won't mention the family but does offer a small nod ... "So, this is what this world does for fun, huh. Well, it's nice to actually be able to call it your world, I suppose, even if it insane." He says to anyone in general ...


Tapping glasses with Rohan, the Psi-Tech waves the bartender over to bring a double of the Flying Dragon Rum, "Try that on. You're in John's class. Not for me though. Have a couple bottles at the Haunt. On this world? I suppose it varies. Few hundred years back they had an apocalypse ... but they still have bars, restaurants ... dance clubs if you've got rhythm. Me? Not so much." Lahz's attention drifts over to the Long-tailed reptilian D-bee talking about Seymour, *Curious. A message from beyond?*

Lahz digs briefly into a pouch at his side, then walks over to Vheld, Mierin, and Minerva in turn handing them a card, "Your pay." [1 million each], he looks at Ronan, "You were on Spec, you owe me 250,000 credits, so you get 750,000 credits."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby John Altfeld » Thu May 28, 2020 10:03 pm

ROLLS HELD

John waits until Ronan and Lahz conclude their business, then walks up to Ronan and says, "I couldn't help but overhear, do they not drink where you're from? If that's true, you might be lucky to have been transported here."

He then watches to see how Ronan reacts to the Flying Dragon Rum. He'll probably be fine...
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Ronan » Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 pm

Lahz wrote:"You were on Spec, you owe me 250,000 credits, so you get 750,000 credits."


Ronan takes the card with a nod and then takes a drink of the Flying Dragon Rum. "I see shopping in my future." He jests about the card. "Whew, I like this brew. An apocalypse, huh?" Ronan comments, the last line fading a bit. Sounds like the destruction of my world, we haven't even resettled, just a flotilla. God. I hope the others made it home. Maybe I can convince this Vheld to send me home. Ronan scoffs and shakes his head, taking another drink. Not like the flotilla was a home, but I need to know what happened to my team. They could be out there, somewhere. He finishes his thought.

Looking back to Lahz, "So, you're from another... world, I take it, also? You talk like you haven't been here that long, either. Did you, fall through a, uh, portal? Like I did?"

John wrote:"I couldn't help but overhear, do they not drink where you're from? If that's true, you might be lucky to have been transported here."


Ronan adjusts his goggles and looks at John with a chuckle. "Nah, there's totally alcohol but it's rare to be in a position to actually get to enjoy any of it. Plus, everyone usually would turn in before I felt a buzz. Strongest on the fleet hardly affected me. Hopefully this Dragon Brew is going to be good, and luck isn't exactly how I'd describe it. A lot got left behind, for the moment." He says to John, the last line lingering as he revisits his thought of asking Vheld about his abilities.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Mierin » Fri May 29, 2020 8:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 49

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin enters the Ogres Den with Ronan and mentally sighs. Going to a noisy bar was never Mierin's idea of a good time, but she figured she should at least make a brief appearance before heading back to the Haunt. Let's get this over with Mierin thinks to herself as she gives the name of group and the password to the person at the door and heads over to where everyone is drinking. Mierin nods to everyone in greeting and finds a place to sit.

Mierin nods at Minerva and says, ”Thank you for hosting this.” Ordering a regular beer, Mierin sips it and listens to the conversation going on around her, not feeling the need to talk unless someone addresses her directly.

Lahz wrote:Lahz digs briefly into a pouch at his side, then walks over to Vheld, Mierin, and Minerva in turn handing them a card, "Your pay." [1 million each]


Mierin takes the card with a nod of thanks and pockets it. ”When we have a chance, I want to talk to you more about that idea you had about my hovercycle.”

Mierin frowns at the newcomer who claims that the now deceased Seymour had sent him. Seriously? Mierin thinks to herself. "Is that all you want, to give us a message that was supposedly from our deceased teammate?" she asks Zzazz, not hiding any of the skepticism she is feeling out of her voice.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Ogre's Den Tavern & Flop House (166)

Postby Minerva » Fri May 29, 2020 9:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 11/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 22

Minerva watches as the lizardman takes someone's drink from the table and then serves as a medium to the spirit of a fallen comrade. She finishes her drink. "Anyone have anything to say to Seymour? The lizardman... I'm sorry what was your name? [Insert name] says Seymour is here and wants to say goodbye."

Minerva graciously accepts her pay from Lahz (already deposited in bank in-game). "Gracias señor Lahz."

Mierin wrote:Mierin nods at Minerva and says, ”Thank you for hosting this.”

"De nada, Queen. We have earned this."

She pours herself another drink and waits for folks to finish talking to Seymour. Then she addresses the Vheld and Lahz. "You two took me in when I was alone and terrified in Crimea. You brought me to MercTown and showed me my new life. I am forever grateful for you two. Pero creo que es hora de ir por caminos separados. Is time for me to depart from the Spooks. I bring us here to celebrate saving the world and to remember the fallen. But I must now find my own way. A different path. You understand, no?" Minerva pours drinks for Vheld and Lahz then raises her drink. "To my saviors, the Spook Squad."

Translations
"Pero creo que es hora de ir por caminos separados.=But I believe it is time for us to go our separate ways."
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Warrens

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest