Korrin's House

Moderator: Augur

Korrin's House

Postby Zoe Barenger » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:16 am

A large two-story building, it looks to be a warehouse that has been partly converted to living quarters and partly used for storage. The Wolfen owner, Korrin, shows the both of you to a spare room which looks much like a garage space, save for a bed, couch and miscellaneous furniture. It is generally clean and dry however, save for old oil stains on the concrete floor.

"Welcome to my abode. My cupboards are stocked with human compatible foods, so no worries about that. Help yourself."

After you get settled in, he shows you a picture of a large Larmac. His name is Bogg. He used to hang out at the Blood Court a lot, but I've not spotted him when I've stopped by. He also used to eat at Robyn's a lot with his friends even though he worked at the West Warren's diner. Thing is, the defenders don't remember him leaving, at least in the truck he bought from me." he says, showing the two of you a picture of a large black flat bed truck.

"He's a good guy. I'd prefer him to not be harmed, but I want my truck back more. Know what I mean? If he's willing to cough up the other 8,000 credits, he can keep it, but I need one or the other. I've got bills too."
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Re: Korrin's House

Postby Weiss » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:57 am

Perception 1d20:

JIC1d20:

Jic 1d100:

"Nice to meet you Korrin," Weiss smiled friendly and shook Korrin's hand, "please lead on"

As they accompanied Korrin in his truck, Zac leaned over and whispered to his father.
"Are you sure about this?"
"He seems friendly enough and I don't know about you, but a hot meal sounds good right about now." Weiss responded to his son, whispering as well. Zac nodded in agreement at that idea, patting his stomach.

As they arrived, Weiss and Zac politely took seats to listen to Korrin's pitch. Zac looked at the food, but Weiss indicated to him to wait. As he finished, Weiss took a few seconds to think before responding.

"Thank you Korrin for the hospitality; Zac and I appreciate it. Now, I had a few questions. Was Bogg on any sort of payment plan? Also, are there any jobs that this Bogg could do for to facilitate payment. Knowing Larmacs, if you give them a short term job with the advantage of it providing him a benefit, you tend to end up with a really good job being done. I'm just spitballing a few ideas to get your truck back fairly peaceably, especially as Ashlynn and I don't have a lot of firepower available to us in the city limits."
ooc
I've included technically some conversation that takes place at the gates, but rather than force you to go to a different section for it, I've included it here.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:15 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 24:

JIC: 1d20:
(Nat. 1!)
1d100:

Ashlynn follows Weiss and Korrin to the wolfen's house, in the same way that a puppy follows the person walking it - namely, bouncing around and getting distracted, and taking wrong turns, before running to catch back up and repeating the process again.

Korrin wrote:"Welcome to my abode. My cupboards are stocked with human compatible foods, so no worries about that. Help yourself."

She grins happily. "Human-compatible foods are my FAVORITE."

Korrin wrote:"His name is Bogg. He used to hang out at the Blood Court a lot, but I've not spotted him when I've stopped by. He also used to eat at Robyn's a lot with his friends even though he worked at the West Warren's diner. Thing is, the defenders don't remember him leaving, at least in the truck he bought from me. He's a good guy. I'd prefer him to not be harmed, but I want my truck back more. Know what I mean? If he's willing to cough up the other 8,000 credits, he can keep it, but I need one or the other. I've got bills too."

She cocks her head to one side as she considers this new information. If no one has seen him or remembers him leaving, there's a chance he's in some trouble - holed up somewhere or even someone's prisoner.

Weiss wrote:"Thank you Korrin for the hospitality; Zac and I appreciate it. Now, I had a few questions. Was Bogg on any sort of payment plan? Also, are there any jobs that this Bogg could do for to facilitate payment? Knowing Larmacs, if you give them a short term job with the advantage of it providing him a benefit, you tend to end up with a really good job being done. I'm just spitballing a few ideas to get your truck back fairly peaceably, especially as Ashlynn and I don't have a lot of firepower available to us in the city limits."

Ashlynn smiles. "Hey, I got all the firepower I need. I don't need to level a town to get my point across."

"We can check out Robyn's first, and then the Blood Court. If we get a lead on where he lives, we can go there too. Big ol' truck like that'll be hard to hide. But before we do all that, I got about half the road from Lone Star to here on my skin, and an empty belly, and I'm getting pretty tired." She yawns, partly for emphasis, then adds, "So those are my priorities." Room and board are at least part of our pay, and I aim to collect.

She turns to Korrin wearing her biggest grin. "Where can a girl get a bath around here? OH! And do you have any human-compatible persimmons?"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/31
S.D.C.: 68/68

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 18/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Zoe Barenger » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:18 am

When mention of a hot meal is made, Korrin shows you the kitchen. "I've got steak, chicken and cold cuts. You'll find tubers under the cabinet over there. Seasonings are up here" he says pointing to different cabinets "And pots and pans over there. I don't keep much green stuff here, I apologize. Shortly I've got to head for my stall at the flea market. If you need anything between I'll be there. Stall 519."

Weiss asks the Wolfen about Bogg being on a payment plan to which he replies, "Yes he was, five hundred NG's a week but that was months ago. I've got this place to pay for plus other investments. It doesn't come for free. I would have settled up for six thousand, but now my pay to you two will eat up my wiggle room. So, unless you feel generous he needs the whole eight thousand. I've got a cash buyer lined up if I can get the truck back. You won't find another one here like it. Do take care though, it's just steel. No modern engineered polymer or the like."

Korrin also shows Ashlynn to the bathroom. "Here you are. I don't have human toiletries per se, just some lard soap nor any of those fancy scent oils but you are welcome to what I have . I do have a laundry machine downstairs. I picked it up at the flea market. Believe it or not, just drop your clothes in and press start. It sorts the rest out. Best trade I've had in years."
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:39 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 25:

(Nat. 20)
1d100:

A hot bath, a meal, and clean, pressed clothes make Ashlynn feel much more civilized. She takes her time in the bath, soaking and scrubbing off the grit of travel, changes into fresh clothes (and dropping her dirties into the laundry machine), before heading to the kitchen for some chicken and whatever's the closest thing she can find to a potato.

This is great... I can feel my luck improving already. If we can find this guy Bogg or his truck and get back without bloodshed, so much the better. I have a little cred but I'm gonna need a lot more if I wanna get a vehicle of my own or... a place. Of my own.

She walks into the kitchen, clothed, but with a wet towel still draped over her shoulders, as she continues to dry her unruly hair, and rummages through the larders for her desired fare. Having not been in a proper kitchen for some time, it looks as if a whirlwind has hit it by the time she prepares her plate - cabinet doors are left hanging open, utensils and crumbs left on countertops. She does have the presence of mind to put unused portions of food back where she found them, though, so it's not a total disaster.

Eating cold chicken with her fingers, she turns to Weiss, talking with her mouth full. "Bath's nice and hot - you should try -mmm, good chicken - I could use a nap, but maybe we'd better try tracking this truck down first. What do you think? Robyn's first? Sounds like a restaurant. I dunno what the Blood Court is. Was he in some sort of legal trouble? Where the punishment is blood? " She drops an empty chicken bone on the plate and scoops up another piece. "Sounds harsh." She shoves a piece of potato in her mouth and chews, the size of it silencing her, if only for a minute.

She continues, walking, talking, and eating simultaneously. "What're you gonna do with your cut? Of the money, I mean, not at the Blood Court, whatever it is. I was thinking of buying some wheels. I been walking a long time. I'm pretty fast but I can't walk forever. But I could use some new clothes and maybe some jewelry - I saw a cool jewelry stand on the way - it changes COLOR! The jewelry, not the stand. I mean, I don't know if the stand changes color, but it didn't while I was looking. But the jewelry does! I don't need much - I mean, I'm not one of those froo-froo ladies, but a ring or a bracelet might be cool, if it doesn't get in the way of my fighting."

Another potato pops into her mouth.

"I have mad fighting skills. Pangur told me so, and he should know. Maybe we should pool our money? Maybe you don't need a vehicle, but we could drop some cash on a more permanent spot to stay. OR! We could start our own crew!"

She nods vigorously, chewing her last piece of chicken. "Between your skills and mine I'm sure we can take on an array of smaller jobs. After this one, I mean - 'no sense spending money when it's not in your pocket' - That's what Ishmael used to say. Well, not 'say', exactly, but you know what I mean."
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:34 am

Perception1d20:

jic 1d20:

Jic 1d100:

1d100:
accidentally added

"Stall 519, got ya," Weiss nodded, "we will do you proud Korrin with getting the truck back."

Weiss laughed when Ashlynn came out of the shower and immediately went for the food like a whirlwind.

"Lift up the lid on the pot on the stove. I whipped up something whilst you were in the shower." Zac gave a thumbs up as he dished out the food. Weiss checked the map the defenders at the gate had given them, firstly for Robyn's;
"Damn, that used to be Dillaks back in the day. They did the best Shwarma. Blood Court however, I don't need to look that up though. That's the Deadball Arena. Not surprising that a Larmac would enjoy that spectacle."

Taking a quick bite, he pondered their next move.
"I agree though, lets try Robyn's first. At least there isn't an entrance fee there." And less likelihood for any violence there. Without the Blue Beauty, I have to play it safe to keep Zac safe and find Jazia. This kid Ashlynn seems to have her wits about her somewhat though and some hidden strengths.

"Let's play things by ear on what we do next. What kinda skills and abilities do you bring to the table?"

"Our money is earmarked for other things" He pulled out the family picture and showed it to Ashlynn, "My wife Jazia got separated from us when our home got hit by Calgary Raiders. We need some help finding her and any money we earn will go towards to that. Afterwards, who knows."

ooc
He's not doing anything fancy with the cooking, so I don't need to roll.
Unless you want me to, then judging by those dice above, he's probably failed.
I noticed that both locations have never been used on the site before
I am presuming that anybody whom Weiss asks about Jazia is a no, unless you specifically mention it

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Korrin says "Good luck. I want my truck back, but remember it's only money." With that he heads out of the door, climbs into his truck and heads for the market.

((Correct, no need to roll but it does give you extra xp. As far as Jaliza, you just have to ask around. Once the two of you are done chatting, move to your next destination.))
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:27 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 16:

1d100:

Weiss wrote:"What kinda skills and abilities do you bring to the table?"

Ashlynn lights up. "I'm a Dee-bee, actually! I know I don't look like one but I am. I already told you some of my skills. I can fight pretty good - I was raised by mercs, you know. Well, mostly. And I'm pretty fast and I can jump really high and fall pretty far without getting hurt. Pangur said I was bouncy." She giggles in an odd way. "OH! And I can do this:"

She manifests her energy shield on her left arm. It glows in a translucent blue.

"I haven't found the thing yet that can break it."

It vanishes, as she resumes eating - her attention now on the subtle aroma emerging from the stewpot.

"I can fight with both hands... Whazzitcalled? Ambi-curious? And because Ishmael says I'm a fast thinker I can do stuff simultaneously if I need to sometimes. Like solve a problem while I'm fighting. That's about it, I guess. And you're a Robot jockey? Any hidden talents? Other than cooking?"

Weiss wrote:"Our money is earmarked for other things. My wife Jazia got separated from us when our home got hit by Calgary Raiders. We need some help finding her and any money we earn will go towards to that. Afterwards, who knows."

Ashlynn's face takes on a serious cast.

A mission.

She steps to Weiss, and takes his hands (heedless of the chicken grease on her own hands).

"By all that is good and holy, I swear on my honor I will help you find Jazia." She releases his hands and raises a clenched fist. "I will not let the evil forces of this world keep this family apart, AS GOD IS MY WITNESS!"

She turns back to him. "Let's earn that money so we can find our wife. YOUR WIFE. Yours."

Whenever Weiss is ready, she'll accompany him to Robyn's, fairly skipping the whole way there - her sense of purpose renewed and the bath, laundry, and meal leaving her reinvigorated.
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:44 am

Rolls carried

Weiss blinked, slightly surprised at Ashlynn's vow, but heartened that they had found a friend, though mostly by accident.

"Okay, lets go and thank you. That means a lot to both of us," he indicated both him and Zac, before looking at the map of Merctown.

"We should be alright to all go along together to Robyn's. The map indicates that it is family friendly, so lets grab a drink there and see what we can find out." and hopefully keep Ashlynn from committing herself to anymore quests.

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Thu May 04, 2017 6:36 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 11:

1d100:

Ashlynn returns from Robyn's, the merc's words still clicking rapidly through her mind. Bud and Trak Gorsin... disappeared. At the same time? Probably - their mother works at Redemption Hall - they're brothers, so they probably investigated together? If they went in together AND disappeared, then there's something seriously sketchy going on. Not safe for Zac.

Once they arrive, Ashlynn turns to Weiss again. "I don't know what our security protocols are with Zac. Do we have security protocols? Like a secret knock or code word? He should stay here behind locked doors until we get back." Her hand absent-mindedly brushes her Wilk's laser sword, dangling from its clip at her belt.

Her mind flashed back to when she was Zac's age. Pangur and the Myrmidon's Might crew had been holed up in a hovel in a shanty town down south. They'd been hired to find a missing crate - a shipment had come in to a wealthy buyer, minus one seemingly important item. Pangur and the rest of the crew had followed a lead, much as she and Weiss just did, and were debating what to do with Ash. They decided to leave her at the hotel, but she had argued and argued. Finally, they locked her in the room. She remembered how upset she was... her family was going into danger, and she wasn't allowed to help.

She looked at Zac. Leaving him here has its own risks, but it's safer than if he's with us and a firefight breaks out, she thought, and realized she was nearly parroting back Pangur's words when she had been in Zac's situation. Ultimately, Pangur had been right - they had walked into an ambush, and taking Ash into that situation at that age would have been the height of irresponsibility. She realized that now.

"Whatever we find at Redemption Hall could lead us to... trouble." She looks at Zac, smiling. "And while I'm sure you can handle yourself, it's bad strategy to put all your assets in play at the same time," she lies. "OOH! See if there's human-compatible ice cream in the freezer. I want some... when we get back, I mean. It'd be silly to walk around with a big tub of ice cream while we're investigating." She smiles a goofy smile at the kid again, mock-punching his shoulder. "That's a recipe for spilt ice cream and bad feels."

Turning back to Weiss, she waits for him to tell her what the secret knock/code word is for Zac's safety, before heading to the door.
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Sat May 06, 2017 5:25 am

Perception 1d20:

Jic 1d20:

1d100:

Weiss regarded his son, who looked at him plaintively obviously wanting to come along.

"You need to stay here. I can't guarantee your safety and this is a potentially dangerous situation. People have disappeared.."

"Bite me," Zac interrupted, "I am not leaving you alone. Sorry Ashlynn, but if something happens to my dad, what happens to me? I am not a little kid, I 'm 12. I can help and I'm not slouch. You and mum have been showing me stuff and what about operating the Blue Beauty? You trust me enough to pilot her."

Weiss sighed. Zac had a point. They were all the two of them had left at the moment and Zac had already lost one family. They both loved Jazia and desperately wanted to find her but she was a grown woman and Weiss was eminently aware she could look after herself. Zac was here and needed protecting. He was getting old enough that he thought he could get involved; maybe with more time and training but they didn't have those.

If they had the Blue Beauty with them, Weiss might have relented, but this was up close and personal and he had no armour to protect his son.

He reached out and held his son tight.

"Not this time. When and I mean when, I will properly start training you. For now, the safest place is here. I mean it Zac. No arguing!" Zac pouted, upset at being left behind.

Weiss grabbed a scrap of paper and wrote down a few names, placing a star against one.

"If we go missing, go and see some of these people. This one should be willing to take you in. If anybody knocks and doesn't use your mother's birthday, don't open the door."

He turned to Ashlynn
"Okay, let's go to Redemption Hall."

ooc
On my phone so formatting will follow later.
If anything does happen to Weiss, the starred name would be my replacement character.
Last edited by Weiss on Tue May 09, 2017 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Mon May 08, 2017 6:58 am

(rolls carried)

Ashlynn watches the exchange between Weiss and Zac, and has a terrific sense of deja vu, as it plays out almost exactly like her conversation a couple years back with Pangur Ban, and is relieved when it comes to the same conclusion: the kid stays safe at home.

Good... I've lost two families already, I don't need to lose any more.

With that, she smiles at Weiss. "Let's roll." She follows him to Redemption Hall.
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn