DM, GM, and AGM Recruitment

All new character submissions are to be posted here.
Recruitment threads for the various groups and extra-dimensional games are also located here.

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Re: DM, GM, and AGM Recruitment

Postby Virtus » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Ok, I know someone out there is just dying to try out being an AGM. And whoever that person is, you're in luck! Heroes for Hire is just what you're looking for! If you act now I can throw in a quad's supply of empty compliments and shallow praise! :) In all seriousness, I am willing to bend on AGM duties. If you only want to do XP, no sweat. If you want to run mini adventures, no problem. Operators are standing by.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:26 am

Position: AGM
Group: H4H ((Heroes for Hire))

My name is Jason. I currently play as Dhaltuun Onyxforge (shifter in Templars) and Icky’Eow (junk crab in Eurasia). I am interested in an AGM position. I am confident in all areas of the job responsibilities, except in the area of being a GM.... Being a Mod for a post or two is okay, but a 6+ month adventure will cause stress :) But if one would be willing to assist, I think I could do well. My RL players like my GM-ing. So if willing to bear with me, I am willing to try AGM slot.
As i am a novice/newb/rookie, i will not chose a group....i would rather be chosen by a group if possible.

To clarify - Yes i understand the responsibilities of an AGM. , which are;
- Handling gear for players
- Doling out XP 3 times a year efficiently and quickly
- Running mini adventures and basically helping out as needed by GM

Example -
Jourdan, Elven Battle Magus, and his familiar stop their truck along side the centuries old highway. He steps out, and opens a map on the hood. ”According to this the old rest stop should be here.” after a few moments, and some skill use, Jourdan finds the spot on the map. Climbing back into the truck, he heads off. He turns off the old highway on a dirt path, barely wide enough for his truck. Looking around, Jourdan sees trees, and more trees. He drives 30 ft then realizes he is cant see the highway.

Once he turns the final corner, around a huge tree, he sees the decrepit building. ”This must be the place.” there is a small smile on his face as he looks at the ruins. There is the base building, still mostly intact. Covered in vines, ands other wild vegetation. The parking signs are there. Albeit covered in rust and full of holes, bullet and others. The only opening to be seen is the old ruined, bathroom door. A few vines hang over the doorway, behind which is pitch black, except for a florescent light that flickers at random, casting eerie shadows just inside the door.
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:39 am

Augur wrote:This is the thread to be used for the recruitment of AGMs and GMs.

Using your best writing, please state the following:

:arrow: The position which you seek to fill.
• • Dimension Master
• • Game Master
• • AGM
:arrow: Your understanding of the Duties and Responsibilities that go with such a position.
:arrow: Two paragraphs of narrative describing something of your imagining. Be creative and make this your best writing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:47 am

My bad....gota little carried away. i will fix
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Alex Kowalski » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:04 pm

Position:
AGM (For Eurasia hopefully)

Duties
The duties of an AGM is to help herd cats. Specifically to help ensure players keep their post rate up, or make a post in the Status Tracker if they need time off. Moderating the Out of Character discussions of the group and keeping those posts neat and tidy. When the group is in Merctown, handling the group interactions there, and when needed, run filler while the GM collects him or herself and prepares DOOM for the group. At the end of each quad, hand out XP in a timely and expedient fashion.

Sample Writing
There are days where the Army is the greatest job in the world. They do happen. Any soldier who tells you different is lying. Of course, those days happen rarely, and are generally leave days, so there is that. This was one of those less fun days. Smith looked around, wondering how long it was going to take the rest of the squad to catch up. They didn't mention waiting on the grunts in the recruitment pitch for Project Rebirth. Not that I would have answered any differently. "LT, this is Smith, ETA on your arrival? The locals are getting a bit restless, I give it five minutes at most before they move on the village." While he waiting on the Lietentant to answer, he surveyed the bandit camp he was overlooking. A little over a dozen bandits were starting to break camp, gearing up for their raid. Brave sons of bitches raiding inside CS territory. They had to know we would be coming. Suicidal to thinking about it. "Smith, our ETA is about 10 minutes, the terrain is rougher than anticipated. If need be you are authorized to take action to prevent any damage to the village." Well thanks LT, so happy you came on this patrol and instead of listening to the Sarge you decided you knew better than a soldier who has served as long as you have been alive. "Copy that LT. I'll be moving in two minutes then."

Two minutes later, from a rocky outcropping half a mile a way, a swarm of missiles erupted, raining down upon the encampment. A large cyborg leaped off the outcropping and broke into a run straight for the camp, firing his railgun on the move even as the first explosions began. Smith had timed it well, and caught about half of the bandits out of their armor, their bodies disintegrating in the plasma explosions from his missiles. Two more died before they could react, shot down by the eerily precise shooting of the Striker borg. Scattered return fire started up, although it was apparent that whoever was in charge of the bandits, they hadn't planned for this. Another 30 seconds and two more bandits were dead, and Smith was in close range. He switched to firing his railgun one handed, swinging it around with the same ease a normal person used a pistol, and extended the vibrosword built into his forearm. Close in work was always the hardest, you could actually see a mans face if his helmet was not on, or was clear. That and the blood spurts. Never was fun to get one of those in a sensor in a fight. After 30 second of a fight, there was one bandit left, who looked to be the leader, dropping his weapons and holding up his hands. "I surrender." Smith looked at him, seemingly thoughtful, and then jabbed his vibrosword through the mans neck. "I am a soldier, not a lawman. I was here as executioner, not to bring you in."
PPE: 133/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
SDC: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 500'

Spells
Magic Armor: AR 14 S.D.C.130 12 melees left (3 minutes)
See the Invisible 200' 12 melees left (3 minutes)
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:34 pm

I'll take him... I could use a protege.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Zilant » Sat May 12, 2018 4:13 pm

I could use an AGM for Nightbane, to help me with things like checking over character applications (and GM Posts) for errors and posting polls mostly at this time.

Also willing to consider a GM, if someone wants to run a group in a second city, and thinks they can find enough players.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Previous

Return to Recruitment Forum