DM, GM, and AGM Recruitment

All new character submissions are to be posted here.
Recruitment threads for the various groups and extra-dimensional games are also located here.

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

DM, GM, and AGM Recruitment

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:51 am

This is the thread to be used for the recruitment of AGMs and GMs.

Using your best writing, please state the following:

:arrow: The position which you seek to fill.
• • Dimension Master
• • Game Master
• • AGM
:arrow: Your understanding of the Duties and Responsibilities that go with such a position.
:arrow: Two paragraphs of narrative describing something of your imagining. Be creative and make this your best writing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: DM, GM, and AGM Recruitment

Postby Augur » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:07 pm

Groups in need of a GM:
  • The Roughnecks (Rifts)
  • The Spook Squad (Rifts)

Groups in need of an AGM:
  • The Roughnecks (Rifts)
  • M.A.R.S. (Rifts)
  • Palladium Fantasy (The current AGM will become the DM/GM in the future)
Augur
Admin

Postby Sentinel » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:09 pm

PF’s current AGM approached me about taking over as AGM when he takes over from Augur. I accept and understand the duties required. Thank you for your confidence in me.

• • AGM - PFRPG

:arrow: Your understanding of the Duties and Responsibilities that go with such a position.
I have read the duties of AGM and feel confident I can fulfill them.

:arrow: Two paragraphs of narrative describing something of your imagining. Be creative and make this your best writing.

The fight was brief and ferocious. Leaning heavily onto his knee breathing hard, he almost gasps for each breath. Finally catching what was left of his breath he began moving. Stepping over the giant’s tree-like leg he retrieves the wicked blade it had held. He holds up the dark blade admiring its perfect black metal finish, his reflection shaking along with his hands now that the adrenaline of the fight wanes. Blood covered the swords edges but it certainly wasn’t his own. The giant hadn’t landed a blow on him. He had watched his quarry for some time before beginning his attack to make sure he was alone. During his observation, he found it strange the giant was crooning over this sword cutting all over its own arms and hands just moments before he ended its life.

Why was it acting like the sword was his lover?, he wonders filled with relief to be finally done with this long hunt.

He had been walking these mountains for days looking for the giant, but that doesn't seem to matter to him anymore.

What marvelous work. How did it ever get a hold of this?, he marvels at the wicked beauty and craftsmanship of the black blade as he turned it over in his fingers. This fight left him with the feelings and the desire to find another monster to kill, anything to kill. He begins his hunt forgetting the bounty ready to be collected.

The man sits by the small fire admiring the sword as he revels in the day’s kills and the rush he felt. He let the flames play and glint over the blade down to the hilt. He watches the ornate carvings and runes dance in the light as a soothing voice warms him far more than the fire's coals.

"Mmmm, you love killing and feeling their life in your control.", a seductive voice calls in his mind. He caresses the blade feeling its seductive compulsions. "You want more...", it croons sweetly nicking his finger filling him with pleasure.

He cuts deeper stinging only a moment before the pleasure magnifies not quite like before, it feels far more intimate. He cuts himself again feeling euphoric… again…and again…

"Deeper!" the blade croons.

He doesn’t feel the sting of each cut anymore as he begins to stab…

The forester smells something rotting as he came through the trees he was surveying. He pushes past the last branches to discover a dead and decomposing man lying near a long burnt out fire pit. A sword with a wicked blade rests in his lap and he is covered in more cuts then could be counted. Dear god what happened to him!?, the forester thinks aghast venturing nearer, drawn to the sword. He realizes it's not in the man's lap, but in the man’s leg before pulling it out. Immediately he forgets the horrible scene before him. This is beautiful., he reflects holding up the sword admiring the blade….
Last edited by Sentinel on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 am

Gotta work on your grammar, but approved. Contact me if you'd like some helpful grammar tips over time.

Check your hangouts for login information.
Augur
Admin

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:11 pm

MARS needs an AGM, stat!

Did you prefer handing out XP the old way? Please read my instructions to AGMs regarding individual rewards then! You'll find your part in it very familiar!

You will need to cover for me posting occasionally- no more than two or three weeks. I can handle my own player poking when I'm around, but you need to stay read up. I will need your help statting and picturing equipment I intend to make available- but you get to submit it to Augur for Armory EP when it's done. I will give you an opportunity to try GMing out in mini adventures of your own design if you want to get your feet wet doing the fun but hard stuff.

I'm looking for someone who's done at least the XP before so I don't have to hand-hold. If all you do is XP and nothing else, I'll still pay 3 EP.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Postby Aoife » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:14 pm

• Game Master - The Spook Squad

The duties of a GM are to maintain a post rate of at least once per week, to have contact with all players in the group, to notify players when a new GM post is up, to maintain sufficient notes that another GM can step in if needed, be available via IM for the players at least one day a week, and to coordinate with the groups AGM regarding adventures, XP, and any expected absences.

It was a cold winter day, even colder buried in the snowbank. Not that Ivan felt it, he had already shut off his external receptors, glad that his steel body was not as frail as the one he had been born with. These Canadian winters almost remind me of home. Ah, one day I shall return to the Motherland. But for today, there is work to be done. He ran a check on his radio, making sure the cold had not caused any damage to the circuits. Afterwards, he resumed his wait, knowing it should not be long now before his services would be needed by his comrades.

Suddenly the radio link opened with a burst of static "Ivan, I hope you're ready, we have extra party crashers coming with us. We will be there in 30 seconds, don't let us down." Ryan's voice sounded slightly winded, but not panicked over the broadcast.

"Da, komrade. I am ready. Have no fear, I will save you once again." Ivan's voice held a note of merriment over the radio, while he enjoyed many things, combat was when he truly felt alive in his modified Aftermath chassis. He counted down the seconds, making sure he would be on time. With five seconds left to go, he powered on the Naruni force field that he had installed in his chassis, and warmed up his cyberjet nodes for the leap.

With an explosion of snow Ivan burst from the snowbank, his combat computer already running at full capacity, marking out targets. Ryan had not been kidding, following behind Ryan and Jeanne, there was a swarm of Xiticix flying angrily behind them. He started off with his mini missiles, rapid firing volleys out of his shoulder mount launcher until the range closed so he could bring his other weapons into play. The extra money they had spent on the Naruni smart missiles proved to be worth it, as they hit the swarm with unerring accuracy, explosions ripping into the swarm, felling xiticix. Moments later, his launcher was out of missiles, but the swarm was in range of his other weapons. He started with the railgun mounted on his left forearm, firing a staccato of bursts so fast steam started coming off of it. Even more steam began to surround him when added particle beam fire to the mix. By now, any other force would probably have rethought their attack, but the xiticix still came on. At least now they were focused on Ivan, and not his comrades. They flashed by him on their hover bikes, flashing grins in his direction, and he laughed over the comms. "Good bye bugs. Trouble us no more." As they began to swarm over him, he detonated the explosives buried in the snowbanks all around him, the world turned white in the flash of the explosion, then slowly the dust and snow began swirling around him as the force field shut down, overloaded from protecting him from the blast.
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Sold, sir!
Augur
Admin

Postby Townsend » Mon May 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Hello everyone! I am in the process of winding down the adventure that the G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown are on (their first) by the end of the quad, but after that they are going to need a new GM. So is anyone interested in taking over?

AGM Edit: The current AGM will still be around, so the gig comes with backup included.
Townsend
Game Master

Return to Recruitment Forum