DM, GM, and AGM Recruitment

All new character submissions are to be posted here.
Recruitment threads for the various groups and extra-dimensional games are also located here.

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

DM, GM, and AGM Recruitment

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:51 am

This is the thread to be used for the recruitment of AGMs and GMs.

Using your best writing, please state the following:
    The position which you seek to fill:
    • DM (Dimension Master)
    • GM (Game Master)
    • AGM (Assistant Game Master)
    Your understanding of the Duties and Responsibilities that go with such a position.
    Two paragraphs of narrative describing something of your imagining.
    • Be creative and make this your best writing.

UPDATE:
    I will mentor all new GMs for at least one quad.
    Included in mentoring:
    • How to use maps in your posts
    • How to work out a combat post efficiently
    • Different narrative post styles & their pros & cons
    • How to manage player character assets, and a group forum
Augur
Admin

Re: DM, GM, and AGM Recruitment

Postby Augur » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:07 pm

Groups in need of a GM:
  • The Roughnecks (Rifts)
  • The Spook Squad (Rifts)

Groups in need of an AGM:
  • The Roughnecks (Rifts)
  • M.A.R.S. (Rifts)
  • Palladium Fantasy (The current AGM will become the DM/GM in the future)
Augur
Admin

Postby Sentinel » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:09 pm

PF’s current AGM approached me about taking over as AGM when he takes over from Augur. I accept and understand the duties required. Thank you for your confidence in me.

:arrow: The position which you seek to fill.
• • AGM - PFRPG

:arrow: Your understanding of the Duties and Responsibilities that go with such a position.
I have read the duties of AGM and feel confident I can fulfill them.

:arrow: Two paragraphs of narrative describing something of your imagining. Be creative and make this your best writing.

The fight was brief and ferocious. Leaning heavily onto his knee breathing hard, he almost gasps for each breath. Finally catching what was left of his breath he began moving. Stepping over the giant’s tree-like leg he retrieves the wicked blade it had held. He holds up the dark blade admiring its perfect black metal finish, his reflection shaking along with his hands now that the adrenaline of the fight wanes. Blood covered the swords edges but it certainly wasn’t his own. The giant hadn’t landed a blow on him. He had watched his quarry for some time before beginning his attack to make sure he was alone. During his observation, he found it strange the giant was crooning over this sword cutting all over its own arms and hands just moments before he ended its life.

Why was it acting like the sword was his lover?, he wonders filled with relief to be finally done with this long hunt.

He had been walking these mountains for days looking for the giant, but that doesn't seem to matter to him anymore.

What marvelous work. How did it ever get a hold of this?, he marvels at the wicked beauty and craftsmanship of the black blade as he turned it over in his fingers. This fight left him with the feelings and the desire to find another monster to kill, anything to kill. He begins his hunt forgetting the bounty ready to be collected.

The man sits by the small fire admiring the sword as he revels in the day’s kills and the rush he felt. He let the flames play and glint over the blade down to the hilt. He watches the ornate carvings and runes dance in the light as a soothing voice warms him far more than the fire's coals.

"Mmmm, you love killing and feeling their life in your control.", a seductive voice calls in his mind. He caresses the blade feeling its seductive compulsions. "You want more...", it croons sweetly nicking his finger filling him with pleasure.

He cuts deeper stinging only a moment before the pleasure magnifies not quite like before, it feels far more intimate. He cuts himself again feeling euphoric… again…and again…

"Deeper!" the blade croons.

He doesn’t feel the sting of each cut anymore as he begins to stab…

The forester smells something rotting as he came through the trees he was surveying. He pushes past the last branches to discover a dead and decomposing man lying near a long burnt out fire pit. A sword with a wicked blade rests in his lap and he is covered in more cuts then could be counted. Dear god what happened to him!?, the forester thinks aghast venturing nearer, drawn to the sword. He realizes it's not in the man's lap, but in the man’s leg before pulling it out. Immediately he forgets the horrible scene before him. This is beautiful., he reflects holding up the sword admiring the blade….
Last edited by Sentinel on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 am

Gotta work on your grammar, but approved. Contact me if you'd like some helpful grammar tips over time.

Check your hangouts for login information.
Augur
Admin

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:11 pm

MARS needs an AGM, stat!

Did you prefer handing out XP the old way? Please read my instructions to AGMs regarding individual rewards then! You'll find your part in it very familiar!

You will need to cover for me posting occasionally- no more than two or three weeks. I can handle my own player poking when I'm around, but you need to stay read up. I will need your help statting and picturing equipment I intend to make available- but you get to submit it to Augur for Armory EP when it's done. I will give you an opportunity to try GMing out in mini adventures of your own design if you want to get your feet wet doing the fun but hard stuff.

I'm looking for someone who's done at least the XP before so I don't have to hand-hold. If all you do is XP and nothing else, I'll still pay 3 EP.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Postby Aoife » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:14 pm

• Game Master - The Spook Squad

:arrow: Your understanding of the Duties and Responsibilities that go with such a position.
The duties of a GM are to maintain a post rate of at least once per week, to have contact with all players in the group, to notify players when a new GM post is up, to maintain sufficient notes that another GM can step in if needed, be available via IM for the players at least one day a week, and to coordinate with the groups AGM regarding adventures, XP, and any expected absences.

:arrow: Two paragraphs of narrative describing something of your imagining. Be creative and make this your best writing.

It was a cold winter day, even colder buried in the snowbank. Not that Ivan felt it, he had already shut off his external receptors, glad that his steel body was not as frail as the one he had been born with. These Canadian winters almost remind me of home. Ah, one day I shall return to the Motherland. But for today, there is work to be done. He ran a check on his radio, making sure the cold had not caused any damage to the circuits. Afterwards, he resumed his wait, knowing it should not be long now before his services would be needed by his comrades.

Suddenly the radio link opened with a burst of static "Ivan, I hope you're ready, we have extra party crashers coming with us. We will be there in 30 seconds, don't let us down." Ryan's voice sounded slightly winded, but not panicked over the broadcast.

"Da, komrade. I am ready. Have no fear, I will save you once again." Ivan's voice held a note of merriment over the radio, while he enjoyed many things, combat was when he truly felt alive in his modified Aftermath chassis. He counted down the seconds, making sure he would be on time. With five seconds left to go, he powered on the Naruni force field that he had installed in his chassis, and warmed up his cyberjet nodes for the leap.

With an explosion of snow Ivan burst from the snowbank, his combat computer already running at full capacity, marking out targets. Ryan had not been kidding, following behind Ryan and Jeanne, there was a swarm of Xiticix flying angrily behind them. He started off with his mini missiles, rapid firing volleys out of his shoulder mount launcher until the range closed so he could bring his other weapons into play. The extra money they had spent on the Naruni smart missiles proved to be worth it, as they hit the swarm with unerring accuracy, explosions ripping into the swarm, felling xiticix. Moments later, his launcher was out of missiles, but the swarm was in range of his other weapons. He started with the railgun mounted on his left forearm, firing a staccato of bursts so fast steam started coming off of it. Even more steam began to surround him when added particle beam fire to the mix. By now, any other force would probably have rethought their attack, but the xiticix still came on. At least now they were focused on Ivan, and not his comrades. They flashed by him on their hover bikes, flashing grins in his direction, and he laughed over the comms. "Good bye bugs. Trouble us no more." As they began to swarm over him, he detonated the explosives buried in the snowbanks all around him, the world turned white in the flash of the explosion, then slowly the dust and snow began swirling around him as the force field shut down, overloaded from protecting him from the blast.
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Sold, sir!
Augur
Admin

Postby Townsend » Mon May 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Hello everyone! I am in the process of winding down the adventure that the G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown are on (their first) by the end of the quad, but after that they are going to need a new GM. So is anyone interested in taking over?

AGM Edit: The current AGM will still be around, so the gig comes with backup included.
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Augur » Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm

AAPS & GIRLS need reliable GMs!
Augur
Admin

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed May 29, 2019 6:09 pm

Position Applying for: GM (No preference, just wherever is needed )
Duties and Responsibilities:
  • Maintain a minimum post rate of of 1 post per week
  • Have contact information for all members of the group
  • Notify all members of GM post or other pertinent information via IM or PM.
  • Maintain well documented notes in GM Cabal. (if a random A/GM cannot pick up the adventure in any sudden absences then notes as are not well maintained)
  • Be available for IM at least one day a week
  • Coordinate with AGM on expected time lines and adventure dates
  • Communicate with AGM on XP tallying
  • Notify AGM as well as a post in the Account Status Tracker of any expected or extended absences
Two Paragraph Narrative:

Time and Conditions wrote:Date: February 3, 109 PA
Time: 0718
Weather: -16° F (-28° w/wind chill factor), 10-15 mph SSW winds, moderate snowfall turning to light snowfall
Conditions: No Ley Line activity

The snow fall lightens as the minutes pass by. The forest is quiet except for the whispering wind and an occasional snow pile falling from the trees. Even the birds are silent on this morning. Suddenly the wind shifts direction as it picks up speed. The sub freezing temperatures stinging like a thousand needles to any of their exposed skin. The old or seasoned veterans are used to it, but this new group of mercenaries, the ones from the city, never knew it could be this cold. So cold, that if they stood still too long their armor would freeze over. The waiting was the worst part of it. They had been there for almost twenty-four hours now, their quarry obviously well behind schedule. The heavy snowfall covering their tracks. Except for the condensation from their breath and a slight movement periodically, there was no sign of them being there, even the animals didn't notice. The crunching of the fresh snow, beneath the shifting weight of those trying to stay warm, is broken up by the sudden bantering of twin engines. The noise coming from a pair of snow trucks barreling down the trail. Two birds scatter as they approach. The company scrambles to get into position, breaking free from the frost and any frozen parts. One or two of the new recruits needed assistance to get moving again.

”Red Fox, this Grey Squirrel. Identity confirmed. Repeat. Identity IS confirmed. We are a go. Over.” The sound blasts in everyone's ear as it comes over the radio. Captain John Cooper, or as his close friends call him Captain Jack, starts to gather the company in a tight formation. His dusty red hair slicked back, frozen in place by the frost. As his head swivels back and forth his hair remains still. Ignoring the cold like he was born in it. The ice and frost, thick where moisture can collect, especially around his mouth and beard. ”Red Fox here, copy that. Target in sight. Commencing protocol 42. Over.” When the radio goes silent, Captain Cooper signals for the one volunteer to step forward. The one volunteer to get shot and try to stop the trucks to ask for help. That was the plan at least. By the looks of Cooper, he was going to choose the volunteer if no one steps forward. ”Alright boys, listen up. Who wants that hazard pay, huh?” His hand already on his sidearm, as he gives the company a hard stare with a crooked smile. As the group starts to shift and move around a few of the woodland creatures stir and scamper off. One or two of the animals stay to watch out of curiosity or lack of intelligence with each passing second Cooper grow more and more irritated.

What are you course of actions?
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 am

• • Game Master for G.I.R.L.S.
• • I have read over and fully understand what is expected of me as a GM here on EU.

Time and Conditions wrote:Date: May 3, 109 PA
Time: 1015
Weather: 98° F (humid), 2-4 mph Westerly winds.
Conditions: Ley Line to the North, within 1 mile.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ToU2F ... fHJYU_NfH_

The G.I.R.L.S. are currently moving through a lightly forested area of what was once Missouri, following a large (15 foot wide) jeep trail. The going isn't too rough for any of the groups vehicles, few though they are. Cordelia and Fiona keep their vehicles sealed up tight to keep the soggy weather conditions at bay and anyone riding as passengers in either vehicle is grateful for the respite. Jezebel is equally comfortable in the confines of the Titan's cockpit. Anyone who declines to ride with their teammates and who is not in environmentally sealed body armor is miserable, getting their daily dose of water with every inhale, clothes and armor soaked in sweat and chaffing.

Anyone who is either not in a vehicle, or who's vehicle has external audio pick-ups will hear the whine and dull roar of thruster engines. Analoy, Jezebel and James can tell the sound is getting closer, but are unable to tell how many there are, although it does sound like more then one. Checking her instruments, Jezebel isn't seeing anything on radar, so whatever it is they are flying below 200 feet.

Moments later four Coalition SAMAS units roar overhead (speed 200 mph), coming up from behind the group. Fiona, James, Jezebel, and Kat make it out to be three Smiling Jack Light SAMAS and one Super SAMAS. As the group watches, two of the Smiling Jack units peal off, one to the left the other to the right, as they reduce speed and loop back around to head straight back at the group. The other two SAMAS pull up and gain altitude, Jezebel's radar now picks up both contacts as they reach 500 feet then double back over head, placing themselves behind the G.I.R.L.S. convoy. Meanwhile, the two SAMAS in front of the group drop down to 50 feet, stop and are hovering about 250 feet away from the lead vehicle.

This close up, Fiona notes that both these SAMAS are practically brand new with little, if any, weathering to their paint jobs. James and Jezebel both can see the numbers stenciled on the wings of each unit; 1137 and 527. So, it's unlikely these are just local bandits who might be bribed or bought off. This small hope is completely dashed moments later when the pilot of 527 moves a bit further forward and a female voices blares out over her loudspeaker, “Attention unidentified convoy! I am Lieutenant Graves. You are within Coalition boarders carrying illegal weapons! Halt immediately and dismount from your vehicles! This will be your only warning!”. And to drive this point home, as soon as she finishes speaking Jezebel's HUD and combat computer flash amber lights at her, warning of weapon locks from multiple sources.

GM Notes: Anyone with 6th Sense is not getting a vibe from said power, so they have no intention of shooting...yet.

What Are You All Doing?
Victor Singer

Postby Ronan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:02 pm

Disclaimer: Newer to PbP but not to Rifts, might hit speed bumps but I am a quick learner, easy to talk to and punctual.

• • AAPS Game Master
• • I have read and understand the Duties and Responsibilities that go with being a Game Master.
:arrow: Two-ish paragraphs of narrative describing something of your imagining. Be creative and make this your best writing.

Weather Report wrote:Date: May 15, 109 PA
Time: 1900 MTT (MercTownTime)
Weather: 62° F (dry), cloudless sky, little wind.
Conditions: No Ley Line Present, 15 foot wide moat surrounding compound.

Culter and Ronan were able to deftly evade and circle the small strong point and assess its weaknesses without much trouble. There was a brief blip in Culter’s sensory check but it quickly fixed itself and gave out the proper readings. Together, they have been able to map out the exterior of the strong-point and when shift change takes place. Meanwhile, Quorra and Markus successfully infiltrated the group of refugees due to be checked out at the strong point, and had just checked in! They are both traveling in a line towards a large grouping of tents, and haven’t yet identified the one they want. Quorra and Markus can immediately notice that they are being led to the opposite side of the base that Culter and Ronan were infiltrating from; their intelligence was a little off. Quorra remembers specifically that the refugee tents were supposed to be on the west side and the armed forces were heavy on the east.

Ronan and Culter both know that shift change is going to take place within the next few minutes and can spot two posts on the north and west walls of the strong point that will have only one guard watching it during shift change instead of the usual three, as one shift briefs the next; the two corners. Ronan feels a small ping on his sensors towards the north of the strong-point headed in their direction, Culter does not get any reading. Quorra and Markus get separated inside the strong-point, gender specific tents. Each were given a number, 001367 for Quorra and 007234 for Markus, and can each see a screen in either tent that shows the current numbers on the screen; this is their time to get processed through the strong-point, there are several abbreviations with no clear definition also on this screen. Inside each tent you see dozens of same gendered refugees and armed security; there is also one visible active guard power armor in each tent.

It’s then that one of the armed guards approaches Markus in the male refugee tent. “Hey, welcome, glad you made it out, you didn’t manage to save any valuables from your home did you, not many did?” The guard asks in an sincere tone, though the years of experience and baggy disguise let’s Markus see this as the beginning to an extortion attempt.

Compound Map and other relevant information
Current Numbers being processed:
MR: 007217 || FR: 001364 || BDR: 006527

What are you doing?
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:15 pm

Dexter, Victor, Ronan...

Your applications have all been accepted.

If you have not already done so, create a new account to act as your GM account.
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:54 am

Heroes Unlimited: Century Station is in need of a new AGM.

Your role (& account name) will be: CHIMERA if you are accepted for this position.
Augur
Admin

Postby Felix » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:02 pm

M.A.R.S. needs an AGM!

WE DON'T EVEN CARE IF YOU'RE NEW

Just show up a few times a week in chat, and make sure the game keeps moving, and calculate XP - which is SUPER easy now.

Have fun. Learn from a GM. Help players. Get EP.

Come AGM for M.A.R.S.!
Felix

Postby Saul » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:05 am

Felix wrote:M.A.R.S. needs an AGM!

WE DON'T EVEN CARE IF YOU'RE NEW

Just show up a few times a week in chat, and make sure the game keeps moving, and calculate XP - which is SUPER easy now,

Have fun. Learn from a GM. Help players. Get EP.

Come AGM for M.A.R.S.!

Let me second this plea. MARS desperately needs an effective and active AGM. Life appears to be smacking our GM around pretty hard the last 3 months, and our group is treading water. Take pity on us!
Saul

Postby Augur » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:25 am

The position of Captain Marks, AGM for AAPS, is now vacant.

AAPS needs an active and reliable AGM.

Post here and contact Underguard (GM) & Ecks (group leader) if interested.
Augur
Admin

Return to Recruitment Forum