HU2: Galactic Recruitment Thread

All new character submissions are to be posted here.
Recruitment threads for the various groups and extra-dimensional games are also located here.

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

HU2: Galactic Recruitment Thread

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:21 pm

If you would like to play in the unfolding saga that is the HU2: Galactic game, please post your audition in reply to this thread.

Do NOT:

--E-mail me about it.
--PM me about it.
--IM me about it.

Include in your audition:

--How many accounts you have, what the account names are.
--Post a sample of your writing! Just a paragraph or two at most. Include character speech, thoughts, and actions.

The current players of the game choose who to allow into the game, and who to exclude.

Feel free to create an account in order to audition if you do not already have one.

Being a military veteran, or being a good study (there are lots of notes to learn from), or perhaps just being someone familiar with military life is a big bonus in this group.

There is some required reading.

This group selects its own leader by secret ballot.

This group only permits an applicant to join if they feel that the applicant's writing and reliability are top-notch.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: HU2: Galactic Recruitment Thread

Postby Weiss » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:27 am

I would like to apply to join this game. Steve who already plays in the game has asked me to audition for the game.

Current accounts: Weiss (H4H), Durak (PFRPG) and Simon Nash (Nightbane)

Sample writing from PFRPG

Durak looked at Sil from beneath his hood; unfortunately for her, she had now raised an interest in a subject Durak knew a lot about.

“Well, it is not that simple and it all depends on a variety of factors; these can include construction of the tunnel, the age of the tunnel, where it is situated, usage, maintenance and even events that have taken place. Certain materials are affected by water in different ways, some wearing down, others absorbing some of the water. A pool of water could be a sign of water passing through, but it might be a sign of poor maintenance or even a lack of heat causing the water ...

Sometimes, the surrounding stone …
Water can also be used to clear the path of a tunnel, depending on what it is made of …”

Unfortunately for Sil, she now had Durak providing an impromptu lecture on tunnel construction all the way to the Gearhouse.
OOC Comments
... is there to denote Durak keeps talking, but rather than bore everyone with him discussing tunnels and masonry

As they arrived at the Gearhouse, Durak finished his impromptu lecture to Sil (and anybody else who might get caught up in it)

"In the end, your idea might work, but I would have to examine the tunnels first," he concluded as they arrived. He enjoyed the chat, though it had probably been less of a conversation and more an outpouring of knowledge from Durak.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:36 am

Why is everything written in past tense?
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:36 pm

It’s an excerpt from a post that deals with a discussion taking place on a past walk.

He has my vote, seeing as I offered to float him the EP to buy in.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 am

I play alongside him in H4H. If he can be more diligent in writing in present tense (as is expected) he has my thumbs up.

I know this was an excerpt or whatever, but his posts as Weiss tend to have this issue also.

;)

That said, I like his posts and think he'd be a valuable addition to the team. Just... y'know... fix the tense issue.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:38 am

PBP guidelines regarding such are located here, specifically at point four.
Augur
Admin

Postby Weiss » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:45 am

The daft thing in all of this is that I hadn't spotted that requirement until this happened.

An alternate post written in present tense

Weiss approaches his UAR-1 Enforcer, the magnificent Blue Beauty and swears profusely; the Defenders had promised him that in exchange for his assistance, they would get one of their technicians to fix the damaged leg he had incurred at the gate.

"What the frak is this?" he exclaims as he sees the exposed wiring from the knee joint and nobody around doing the work. Anybody could have come along and stolen pieces of his pride and joy, rendering her inoperable. He ran his hand over the metal casing, almost consoling the robot as you would a pet.

This is what I get for letting somebody new look after her he muses annoyed with himself and with whom ever was supposed to be doing the work, as he checked the wiring. As he does so, he tries to ensure that they are not live and likely to electrocute him. She was powered down, but she still ran off a nuclear reactor and those you can't power down.

He carefully puts the wiring back inside the knee and replaces the cover, before looking around to find the supervisor's office and storming off to remonstrate with them.

OOC Comments
basic electronics 55%1d100 = 40
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Niall » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:17 am

Thumbs up from me.
Current Details
ImageImage
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:11 am

Weiss wrote:The daft thing in all of this is that I hadn't spotted that requirement until this happened.

EPIC LOLS
Augur
Admin

Postby CS High Command » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:34 am

Ryden here.

I can tell you it will be a sea change for you having to constantly write in present tense, but at the same time its obvious you can do it. You used past tense at least once where you could have used present, but in comparison to the first post, its a ton better. Augur will train it out of you. He did for me! :D

TL;DR: I approve
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:08 pm

I play with Weiss in Heroes for Hire. He's excellent and I'm all for him being a part of this crew.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119

Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:11 am

Well, that's an overwhelming majority, so consider yourself approved, mate. Hit me up tonight on IM, and we'll get your concept hammered out and get you started.
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Tue May 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Corrigon Malath has been successfully onboarded.
The 1st SOG is now back with the fleet, so all potential characters will be Arismal only.

Augur wrote:If you would like to play in the unfolding saga that is the HU2: Galactic game, please post your audition in reply to this thread.

Do NOT:

--E-mail me about it.
--PM me about it.
--IM me about it.

Include in your audition:

--How many accounts you have, what the account names are.
--Post a sample of your writing! Just a paragraph or two at most. Include character speech, thoughts, and actions.

The current players of the game choose who to allow into the game, and who to exclude.

Feel free to create an account in order to audition if you do not already have one.

Being a military veteran, or being a good study (there are lots of notes to learn from), or perhaps just being someone familiar with military life is a big bonus in this group.

There is some required reading.

This group selects its own leader by secret ballot.

This group only permits an applicant to join if they feel that the applicant's writing and reliability are top-notch.

This campaign currently has two openings remaining.
Augur
Admin

Postby Consumer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:13 pm

I have at current: 5 Player Accounts and One GM account (3 Active Games)
Vinograd (Spook Squad), James Howlett (CS 404), Drake (AAPS), Fiona (G.I.R.L.S.), Tolliver Trask (PFRPG)

Helbrect cursed as he tried to dive behind the ancient looking counter, though shots that had been peppering the area seemed to be stopped by the counter. Well at least I've got that. Helbrect thinks as he considers his next option. The station was supposed to be empty, where did these bastards come from. Helbrect thinks as another fusillade of small arms fire started putting holes through his cover. "Hey guys, do you think we could talk about this?!" Helbrect tried to yell over the gun fire. Strangely enough the bullets stopped. Maybe I can make it through this after all.

Helbrect pops his head up from behind the counter to find the two armored aliens staring at him, quizzically, or at least Helbrect hoped. "So I thought this place was abandoned... I can see it's not, So how about we chalk it up as a mistake and I'll see myself out?" Helbrect says with as much charisma as he can produce. The aliens begin to chuckle, before they start shooting again. Damn, the hard way it is. Helbrect thinks as he pulls the small pattern pistol he keeps tucked in an ankle holster. Helbrect ejects the clip and checks the rounds before putting it back and racking the slide back. "The hard way is always messy."
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Niall » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Enthusiastic thumbs up from me.
Current Details
ImageImage

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Halko » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:02 pm

ditto
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Just say yes. I am.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Cairo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:33 am

Yes from me.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Corrigon » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:29 am

yes
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
--Main Body: 200
Corrigon

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:42 am

Hello -- another applicant! I've got this AGM account by the name of Mad Scientist, and I'm also playing David Henderson (NB), Haley Marie (G.I.R L.S.), Jakkin Longshanks (PFRPG), and Divine (HU2CS).

This following sample is from the Fantasy game, featuring my Gnome by the name of Jakkin.

Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 77/39%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 10/Original post: 1d100 = 87

From the grounds outside comes a somewhat shrill blustering and cursing, slowly growing louder. The language became discernible as Dwarven but for those who have been around it often enough, the cadence and word usage indicates a Gnomish speaker plain as day. Those who understand the tongue can catch the occasional flash of meaning – ‘boneheaded’, ‘useless’, ‘stubborn’, and ‘meat’ featuring somewhat prominently, as well as a generous sprinkling of general profanity.

Anyone with eyes on the approach to the tavern will easily spy the speaker, a Gnome as surmised and a fairly large specimen of the breed at that, but even so only barely half the size of the mule that is the focus of the wee man’s ire. The mule is fitted with a lead harness and has a pack saddle in place with a modest amount of gear packed within; the Gnome is dressed in sturdy, well-worn leathers of a military cut and has a matched pair of long knives sheathed at his belt. Well – long for him, a broad blade of perhaps five inches.

The mule, to those with a working knowledge of equine behaviour, is clearly bored, lonely, and feeling, well...mulish. It’s also fairly clear that the Gnome in question doesn’t have such a working knowledge, and as a result the pair are engaged in a struggle for dominance, the mule occasionally balking or trying to pull the reins away, the Gnome responding with curses and wrapping the lead about his small, gnarled fist.

At which point, predictably, the mule yanks its head high in the air, hauling the small warrior completely off the ground and prompting an angry yell, ending in ”...godsbedamned stew meat!

Landing with a bounce, the Gnome dusts himself off, leads the mule the last few steps to the hitching post outside the tavern, hooks his free arm under the cross post, and hauls the mule’s head down to his own level...and without much apparent effort, either. A growling depiction of the mule’s theorized ancestry that doesn’t once mention horses or donkeys follows in the Gnomish dialect, followed by sharply rapping the beast between the eyes with a blow from his forehead.

Lashing the at least temporarily compliant pack animal to the post, he enters the tavern with an irritated scowl upon his features. Well, here goes nothing.
Mad Scientist

Postby Niall » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:50 am

I play with him in 2 of the listed campaigns and I can vouch for his quality as a player. that's a yes from me.
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:33 am

Definite Yes.
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:38 pm

yes
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Simone Helbrect » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:16 pm

I approve.
Simone Helbrect

Postby Augur » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:31 am

Well, with Tori's rapid departure, HU2:G is back to having 1 opening.
Augur
Admin

Postby Dodsrike » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 pm

So here is my application. I've got this GM account Dodsrike, I play Alex Kowalski (NB), Valrun (GIRLS), Aoife (GA), and Glom'nafi'rafik (GR).

And here is a sample from the GA game.

Aoife see's the tarlok, and hearing him shout his greeting, decides to go meet him before something else bad happens. She dodges around the lurduks as necessary, and gets to where she can comfortably talk to the Lokdog. "We are unharmed. Bit more excitement than we expected, but nothing our shields could not handle." This guy is the first of them wearing armor I have seen, and he is no where near as rude or belligerent as the others. I think he must be their version of an FNG. Here goes nothing. "Yeah, he said he had cleared us. We are traders, although our cargo is running a little lose at the moment. Let me see if the captain can come fill you in a little better." Aoife flashes him a winning smile, keeping her posture relaxed and looking as trustworthy and charming as she can under the circumstances.

She subvocalizes into her comm's "Guys, we may have just hit the lottery. I think the guy they sent to check on us is new. I told him we were traders, but boss, you want to come and sweet talk him? That really isn't my thing, at least not with something that ugly. And are going to have a bird shoot or do we have spare cages for the birds?"
Dodsrike
Game Master

Postby Cairo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:19 pm

Yes
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Sure, why not? Upvote from me
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Brute » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:55 pm

Thumbs up
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Armstrong » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:43 pm

Yep
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby Augur » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Update: 6 players, 2 openings

Context: the group is presently on an Atorian starship

Update: 4 players, 4 openings; not actively recruiting.
Augur
Admin

Return to Recruitment Forum