The Long Shadows of Twilight

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Barracuda » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 4

Conditions
:arrow: Armor of Ithan
  • 60/60 MDC
  • 12/12 minutes
  • 1/2 damage from magic cold, electricity, and fire
:arrow: Energy Absorbed: .25/7 Gigawatts

Barracuda arrives in the room dressed head to toe in armor and holding his massive forked polearm. A sight to give pause to be certain. He watches as others react to the pistol being drawn followed by a full surrender. "Smart move. Me and my friends don't like being blown up very much." Once she has been disarmed, the teleportation back to the Haven sits easily with Ben. He hangs out during the interrogation for muscle's sake but doesn't posit any questions. When/If Ashlynn flicks her laser sword on, Ben has to stifle a laugh. So tough!
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20

Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:04 am

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 2, 8:03pm
Climate: 40F, overcast
Visibility: 200ft
Terrain: Urban
Ley Line within 1 mile
Heavy radio traffic
numerous magics in use
Moderate ground and air traffic due to fire. 500+ ground and air signatures moving various directions at speeds from walking up to 200mph within 1 mile. 100+ vehicles and individuals in move in various places within 500ft

The decision is made to move her back to the Haven. She heeds Ronith's words lets Weiss take the pistol from her. Grant moves the team back to Haven with his arcane talents. The building is still in radical disrepair but it is now mostly protected against the elements.

Within Haven, Whyne looks resigned to the situation, allowing Weiss to frisk her. They find an amulet, a ring and already have the techno-wizard pistol. They also find the small card carrier from which she dispenses her business cards. There are 7 left. No receiver is found however.

Beltin arrives to probe her during the interview. Ronith opens up the interrogation. "I suspect you know why we are all here. You are as safe with us as anywhere within MercTown, but I am not inclined to keep criminals out of the hands of the Defenders without a very good reason. So why don't you tell me everything you know."

She makes her tale brief, but seems to be frank about the situation. "Yes Sir Ronith. I know why I'm here. My interest is in my own freedom. Obviously things have not concluded with my clients in a way that I had hoped. I have a fair amount of information for you. They things I can't give you are there current location as they contact me, not the other way around nor where they were based here locally. I do know a bit about them however, where they come from and some of their goal and where they will be heading. Do you feel that worth my freedom? I'm sure that you can probably torture it out of me or psychically extract it, but I promise it will take significant time. Time you may not have to spare if you want to find the dear professor."

Ashlynn call tell she is truthful both about the information she has but also that she abilities to slow interrogation. Ashlynn's sword and Barracuda's muscles don't receive so much as a flinch from Whyne. Ashlynn reads her as someone who has accepted death as a constant possibility.

When Weiss asks Elizabeth about the private investigator, she confirms that it was indeed Shara. She had found her via the recommendation of Fixer Jones, whom she knows only from his reputation.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Weiss » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:44 am

Perception 36% 1d100 = 86
Other rolls carried

Virtus wrote:When Weiss asks Elizabeth about the private investigator, she confirms that it was indeed Shara. She had found her via the recommendation of Fixer Jones, whom she knows only from his reputation.

Why would Whynne go to the office of a PI looking for a person she was complicit in helping disappear? Weiss mused, something gnawing at him, but not able to quite get a firm grasp of it. He was a Robot Pilot, not a detective dammit.
It just doesn’t make sense … unless she found something or was involved herself.

“Did you ever get any reports from her at all regarding her investigation into your husband’s whereabouts?” Weiss inquired politely, wanting to get to the bottom of this. Was he reading too much into this or not enough? “Even something incidental that doesn’t seem important. We find our suspect in Shara’s office. She must have had some reason to go there. And you never met Whyne correct?”

“Also, what did Shara look like?” Weiss added at the end. Did Mrs McGrath ever meet Scara or was it Whynne? If she knew of her, but never met. If so, then she might never have met Shara.

Virtus wrote:Within Haven, Whyne looks resigned to the situation, allowing Weiss to frisk her. They find an amulet, a ring and already have the techno-wizard pistol. They also find the small card carrier from which she dispenses her business cards. There are 7 left. No receiver is found however.

He made a note to ask Grant about the amulet and ring later. Might be useful, might be evidence. Digging out his pocket computer, he took pictures of them on both sides just in case they became relevant later. He looked at the cards and frowned. These things were trouble, but were they active?

Weiss radioed the team, needing to notify them of what he'd found.
“Sir Ronith, Two things you need to be aware of; firstly, she had more cards. We need to disable these before they realise that she’s here. Don’t know where Watcher has gone, but with Yanso gone, I guess I need to try to jam them, unless you’re happy with me destroying this bit of evidence? Actually, does anybody else have any technical expertise that might be helpful like Zoe? Another option, I could wander around Merctown, leaving the cards as I go. Confuse the heck out of them.”

He waited for a response before continuing

"Secondly, the private investigator’s office where we captured Whyne is also the office of the PI that Elizabeth hired, who later went missing. That can’t be a coincidence. Mrs McGrath arranged the employment through Fixer Jones. He might be able to shed some light on this. I know him from past jobs, so I am happy to go and have a chat to find out what he knows."

Providing Ronith agrees, he adds with a suggestion

"Unless one of the others wants to come along, I could take Rae with me for protection. Their primary target is still Mrs McGrath, so the heavy hitters should stay here." Weiss had noticed she come along for Whynne’s capture, but she was obviously still green. This trip would be experience, but shouldn't be too dangerous, unless the Assassins turned up. Then it wouldn't matter since they could defeat Sir Ronith and he certainly wasn't in that weight class without the Blue Beauty.

OOC Comments
Electronic Countermeasures 59% 1d100 = 16 on the cards to jam them if they are active or to ensure that they don't become active. PASS
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:45 am

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 96 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 20 (NAT. 20!)
1d100 = 83

As the interrogation progresses, Ashlynn continues to evaluate Ms. Whyne's truthfulness.

Eyeball a Fella 65% 1d100 = 82 (FAIL)
Eyeball a Fella 65% 1d100 = 33 (SUCCEED)

Ms. Whyne wrote:"Yes Sir Ronith. I know why I'm here. My interest is in my own freedom. Obviously things have not concluded with my clients in a way that I had hoped. I have a fair amount of information for you. They things I can't give you are there current location as they contact me, not the other way around nor where they were based here locally. I do know a bit about them however, where they come from and some of their goal and where they will be heading. Do you feel that worth my freedom? I'm sure that you can probably torture it out of me or psychically extract it, but I promise it will take significant time. Time you may not have to spare if you want to find the dear professor."

She claims we're not safe and time is of the essence but she's wasting time trying to negotiate her freedom, and she brought her so-called business cards with her... but no receiver. So someone else is on the receiving end. She may be playing for time, hoping for a rescue.

"I don't like that she has these cards with her... and no receiver. Means someone else has the receiver. We need to be on guard." Ashlynn turns to Barracuda. "Maybe best to zap 'em?"

Turning back to Ronith, she asks "Sir Ronith, should we set up a watch? Last thing we need right now is more bomb-demons 'porting in." She shoots Whyne an ugly look. "If she's gonna play for time, we need to prep for the worst, right?"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/31
S.D.C.: 68/68

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 18/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:12 am

Elizabeth gives a brief description of Shara, "She is a petite woman, bronze skin and reddish-brown, short hair. Once I had hired her, I did not hear from her again. I went back to her office but it looked like it had been closed down. But yes, I had met Ms. Whyne before. She worked with my husband. Or, at least they both worked at the college."

Whyne hears Weiss say,
“Sir Ronith, Two things you need to be aware of; firstly, she had more cards. We need to disable these before they realise that she’s here. Don’t know where Watcher has gone, but with Yanso gone, I guess I need to try to jam them, unless you’re happy with me destroying this bit of evidence? Actually, does anybody else have any technical expertise that might be helpful like Zoe? Another option, I could wander around Merctown, leaving the cards as I go. Confuse the heck out of them.”

She interjects, "Just so you know, the cards have a short range. They're useless more than two miles away in the best of conditions."

"I don't like that she has these cards with her... and no receiver. Means someone else has the receiver. We need to be on guard."

Whyne responds to Ashylnn. "Correct. Someone else does have the receiver. You need to be more than on guard. You need to be informed. I can help you there. It's what I do after all."
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 am

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 80 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 11

Alari Whyne wrote:"Just so you know, the cards have a short range. They're useless more than two miles away in the best of conditions."

Ashlynn smirks at her. "And why, exactly, would you bring them with you when you're trying to effect an escape?"

Alari Whyne wrote:"Correct. Someone else does have the receiver. You need to be more than on guard. You need to be informed. I can help you there. It's what I do after all."

Ashlynn sneers. "You know, it seems... to me... like what you do is escape by the skin of your teeth. Over and over. Freedom seems like what you're bargaining for... but I'm guessing if you tell us what we wanna know, you'll be painting a huge target on your own back. So you're either hoping that your allies will rescue you, or that we'll kill them. Either way saves your life. So... Freedom? That's not what you're after. You just wanna live. And the full array of options we have available to us... doesn't seem to have occurred to you."

Intimidate: 40% 1d100 = 17 (SUCCESS)

Ashlynn sits back.

"If I were you, and MY life were on the line... I'd quit stalling and tell us what we need to know as fast as possible. Worry about your freedom after you've worried about your hide."
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:46 am

Whyne looks at Ashylnn in with what amounts to a smile on her lips. "I wasn't worried about the cards for various reasons. Things I can tell you, in exchange for me walking out this door free to go where ever I decide to go."

"If I were you, and MY life were on the line... I'd quit stalling and tell us what we need to know as fast as possible. Worry about your freedom after you've worried about your hide."

She shifts subtly. A movement so small that most would not catch it. "That's how you make a bad deal. You don't negotiate a better price after handing over your money. I don't doubt you can extract it... eventually. But I will make it difficult. So my offer to you is information that will expedite your search for McGrath. It will also help you and yours stay safe. Perhaps it can also help you prepare? So what are you putting on the table? Physical harm? Incarceration? Those don't motivate me."

You can tell she takes your threat seriously and doesn't relish either pain or imprisonment and is appearing more brash than she feels at the moment. However you can also tell she is an expert negotiator and her own fear doesn't impact her goal. Your intuition also seems to pick up that her critique of your intimidate is an honest one, almost as if instructing you.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 16 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 58
Alari Whyne wrote:"That's how you make a bad deal. You don't negotiate a better price after handing over your money. I don't doubt you can extract it... eventually. But I will make it difficult. So my offer to you is information that will expedite your search for McGrath. It will also help you and yours stay safe. Perhaps it can also help you prepare? So what are you putting on the table? Physical harm? Incarceration? Those don't motivate me."

Ashlynn laughs. "Oh my. I wasn't proposing anything so crude as torture. You have some imagination, though. Right now, from where I sit, it looks like you're depending on us to keep you safe. In any case... Sir Ronith is the boss here. If it were up to me you'd be worm food already." She sighs. "So... go ahead... bide your time. Let your allies come. See how that works out for you." She chuckles and sits back, a malicious little smirk on her face.

Eyeball a Fella 65% 1d100 = 2 (SUCCESS)
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:04 pm

"Allies? They are clients but I doubt you will see them here any time soon even if they wanted to tie up... loose ends." she says sardonically.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:09 pm

New Perception: 69% vs 1d100 = 28
Old Perception: 1d20 = 3 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 69

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

• Sense Ley Line: 68%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 69/78
  • P.P.E.: 275/572
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Range and duration of magic increased by 50% due to proximity to a ley line
  • Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 240' radius | 17 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 11 min | 60 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magic cold, electricity, and fire
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 3/3 Talisman charges | 148.25 min | 50 mph (1100'/round), +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | Self | 13.50 min | 500' range. See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Trust: 60% vs 1d100 = 15
Charm/Impress: 60% vs 1d100 = 28
Charismatic Aura (Power to do as he claims): 80% vs 1d100 = 82
Interrogation: 79% vs 1d100 = 24
Law: 84% vs 1d100 = 99 | What will happen if they agree to let her go and any evidence they collect
Lore: Demons & Monsters 109% vs 1d100 = 100 | if she provides any details on her clients
Lore: D-Bee 104% vs 1d100 = 73 | if she provides any details on her clients
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 79% vs 1d100 = 23 | what psychic abilities may help them get answers from Ms Whyne.

Grant listens to Ashlynn's heavy handed tactics. He suppresses a sigh, running his hand through his hair. He stays silent for the moment. We found her once, we can find her again.

To Sir Ronith, Grant says telepathically, Normally I'd say turn her over to the Defenders, but she wasn't blocked from scrying like Professor McGrath, and if we tell the Guildmaster of her complicity in the kidnapping of the professor and the death of Ms Belara, he will want to bring her in to face justice as much as we do. Giving her freedom now so she will tell us what she knows with psychic validation from Beltin may produce more useful answers in the short term.

To Beltin he says telepathically, We need validation on what she says is the truth. We are no court of law, so what we find psychically against her will probably can't be used directly in any trial later, but what we find because of it may save more lives later. Can you probe her mind to determine her veracity? Or subtlety influence her responses to be more forthcoming?

If Sir Ronith agrees and tells her she will be free to go once she tells all that she knows, Grant says, "So now, no more games please. If we can stop them, then their threat to you is neutralized as well. What were you looking for when we found you? Do your clients have Professor McGrath? What were they looking for when they killed Ms Belara? Were you working alone or are there others that we need to locate? What do you know of these demon garbed clients of yours and their goals."

When the opportunity arrises, Grant investigates the ring and the amulet taken off of Ms Whyne.

Lore: Magic (identify magic items) 74% vs 1d100 = 54 | the ring (-15% for unknown or alien artifacts)
Lore: Magic (identify magic items) 74% vs 1d100 = 83 | the amulet (-15% for unknown or alien artifacts)

Spells and Psionics Cast
[list][*]Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation. Duration, range, and damage of psychic powers are doubled when within one mile of a nexus point. The protection provided by telekinetic force fields are also doubled (specific powers may have alternate rules).
[*]Absorb P.P.E.: 80
[*]Absorb I.S.P.: 1d6+6 (use immediately or lost)
[*]Telepathy | 4 I.S.P. | RUE 177 | Surface thoughts 120', Two way communication: 680'
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 am

Rolls carried

Virtus wrote:Elizabeth gives a brief description of Shara, "She is a petite woman, bronze skin and reddish-brown, short hair. Once I had hired her, I did not hear from her again. I went back to her office but it looked like it had been closed down. But yes, I had met Ms. Whyne before. She worked with my husband. Or, at least they both worked at the college."

“Thank you Mrs McGrath, least that rules out a few theories. Hopefully, we will get a lot out of her that will lead to your husband."

Depending on what we have learned, why did she go to the office then? Unless they also have her captive? Best check with the Defenders to see if they have any bodies matching that description.

Virtus wrote:She interjects, "Just so you know, the cards have a short range. They're useless more than two miles away in the best of conditions."

Virtus wrote:Whyne responds to Ashylnn. "Correct. Someone else does have the receiver. You need to be more than on guard. You need to be informed. I can help you there. It's what I do after all."

As Whyne interrupted Ashlynn, John thought about what she had said

OOC Comments
assumed we had earpieces so she couldn’t hear. Oh well
Presuming that he can hear what she says over the radio

Two miles at best eh. Well, they picked up our signal here before.
John grabbed his pocket computer and linked it to the map he’d been given the other day at the gate, drawing an area covered by them at the centre for two miles radius.
“That’s a lot of territory to cover and depends on whether they have already moved, but let’s try narrowing this down a bit. Really could do with somebody with more technical skill than me doing this." John wished Yanso and Watcher were here

They will want somewhere they won’t be disturbed, that cannot be easily interrupted, so ruling out high energy output areas. Whyne doesn’t think they are currently in range, which means they moved the receiver, but does not necessarily mean the base is unoccupied.

The less she has to offer us the better.

When Grant comes in to check the items, Weiss pesters him

“Any chance we can get those salvagers to hurry up. That data might narrow down this search. Trying to narrow down possible locations."

OOC Comments
Radio Basic 74% 1d100 = 79
land navigation 1d100 = 71
Electronic Countermeasures 59% 1d100 = 92

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:57 am

JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 3
PER: 1d20+9 = 22

Virtus wrote:"I do know a bit about them however, where they come from and some of their goal and where they will be heading. Do you feel that worth my freedom? Time you may not have to spare if you want to find the dear professor."
A dangerous glint enters Ronith's eye, and he leans forward to address the woman in a cold voice. "I take a dim view of those willing to sacrifice others to save themselves, Ms. Whyne."

"Even if I were inclined to take your 'deal', surely you do not expect me to simply release a woman who at a minimum is an accomplice to, and may or may not have committed, serious crimes herself; on the basis of a few vague statements that may or may not be accurate, to save a man who may or may not be dead already. Had you come to us of your own accord, trying to negotiate in good faith before lives were at stake I might have been convinced to look the other way. But you were caught."

Ronith will let her stew on that for a moment while the others take a crack at Whyne.
Virtus wrote:"That's how you make a bad deal. You don't negotiate a better price after handing over your money. I don't doubt you can extract it... eventually. But I will make it difficult. So my offer to you is information that will expedite your search for McGrath. It will also help you and yours stay safe. Perhaps it can also help you prepare? So what are you putting on the table? Physical harm? Incarceration? Those don't motivate me."
And yet, she was in quite the hurry to get out of town.

Virtus wrote:"Just so you know, the cards have a short range. They're useless more than two miles away in the best of conditions."
"So you do have some idea of where your friends are. You must, if your claim of where they are going will get us there fast enough to save Professor McGrath. These inconsistencies do not inspire confidence, Ms. Whyne. If you are unwilling to cooperate willingly, then we shall simply have to take you with us while we track down your clients. Obviously" he gestures to the ruined sections of the Haven "we cannot leave you here." The idle threat is intended more to gauge Whyne's reaction- Ronith is curious what her clients can threaten her with that the team cannot.

Ashlynn wrote:"Sir Ronith, should we set up a watch? Last thing we need right now is more bomb-demons 'porting in... If she's gonna play for time, we need to prep for the worst, right?"
Ronith nods. "Do it." Then he turns back to Whyne and fixes her with a steely glare.

"As I said. We have no way of knowing how reliable your information is. Nor the extent to which you must answer for your clients' crimes. If I let you go, and you deceive us, we lose a valuable source of information, set free a criminal accomplice, and lose McGrath anyway. Do not mistake me, Ms. Whyne." Ronith leans forward again. "My desire to protect the innocent does not mean that I am so soft-headed as to accept such an obviously flawed deal. So here is my counter-proposal."

"You shall not go free. Period. You tell us what you know. In exchange, I shall give you my word that after our business is concluded I shall intercede with the Defenders on your behalf and request leniency. If your information is good, and your crimes not serious, you can expect a light sentence. If you have been in MercTown for any length of time, you know that my word is my bond and that I have the means to effect a reduction in your sentence. You also know that this is the best deal you shall get." Ronith punctuates this last sentence with an empathic transmission: trust ((-6 ISP)).
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 56/66; PPE- 57/57
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Virtus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:22 am

Whyne squares her shoulders towards Ronith.

"I am an information broker and investigator Sir Ronith. It's my job. Are you friends with all the people you have worked for? Yes, I do know where they are going. But if that is your best offer, then I decline. My skills are a tool. I am not in the business of advising how they are used. If you pay me with my freedom, then I will deliver the information you seek."

Her body posture slackens as her freedom does not seem to be forthcoming.

"But it looks like we are at an impasse so let me put things this way. I haven't killed anyone in question and can prove it. I agree that unfortunately I've now been attached by association to several unfortunate incidents but association and complicity are two different things. I think I'll take my chances with the Defenders. I have no vested interest in the Professor's health one way or the other but you do I think."

Her eyes shine for a moment, considering you.

"You truly are a Cyber-Knight, lock, stock and barrel. You don't see them very often. I don't know of another in the city." she says as if you were something out of legend. After that she goes silent.

Grant asks several questions but receives no answer except a blank stare. Not even a smile or bit of a frown reaches her face.

Ronith attempts to ease trust into her mind, but finds resistance. Beltin can confirm that she is using a mental block, either consciously or unconsciously.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:53 pm

(rolls carried)

Trust/Intimidate: 60% vs 1d100 = 10
Successful Deception (from Charismatic Aura): 80% vs 1d100 = 61

Alari Whyne wrote:"You truly are a Cyber-Knight, lock, stock and barrel. You don't see them very often. I don't know of another in the city." she says as if you were something out of legend. After that she goes silent.

Grant listen's to Sir Ronith's offer (or lack there of) in terms of negotiating the information from the woman. When she is non responive to his questions as well he scratches his chin in thought.

Well, she knows we are not about to torture her or outright pillage her mind at this point, Grant thinks. Grant blows out a breath and stands. With her mind psychically warded, a Hallucination will most likely fail.

Quietly, Grant says, "You are correct Ms Whyne, Sir Ronith sets the bar very high. But remember, we are first and foremost a mercenary company, we are just picky in choosing who we work for. We are not the police and have already been given leave by the Defenders to investigate the deaths of Ms Belara and the disappearance of Professor McGrath as we see fit. Your clients have harmed our own. Until you prove otherwise, you have painted yourself as black as they are."

Grant turns towards the knight. "I had thought we should turn her over to the Defenders, but we still have a few clues to track down. I say we take her with us. I see no reason to afford her the protection of leaving her behind in the care of the Defenders. It won't matter to her clients that she hasn't told us anything once they see her in our custody, and she may just prove to be the distraction we need to triumph when we confront them again."

Weiss wrote:“Any chance we can get those salvagers to hurry up. That data might narrow down this search. Trying to narrow down possible locations."

Grant looks at his watch then at John, "Not at this late hour. We still have a few hours before the wreckage of the robot we fought outside the gates is brought to us."

His back turned on Ms Whyne, he says more loudly, "I suggest we tie her up and set a watch while the rest of get some rest, perhaps Zoe can summon an elemental to guard her. In the morning, after John has looked at the robot, we can head out." Mentally to Sir Ronith he adds, To Dwoemer to speak with Mr. Horne.

Grant leaves unsaid but pointedly looks at Ms Whyne, or you could tell us what you know now and then be placed safely in a warm cell in the Defender's police station.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:22 am

JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 19, Original post: 1d100 = 3
PER: Original post: 1d20+9 = 22

Virtus wrote:"But it looks like we are at an impasse so let me put things this way. I haven't killed anyone in question and can prove it."
"Then do so. Now."

Virtus wrote:"I agree that unfortunately I've now been attached by association to several unfortunate incidents but association and complicity are two different things. I think I'll take my chances with the Defenders. I have no vested interest in the Professor's health one way or the other but you do I think."
So much for the carrot. Now for the stick. Aloud, Ronith says "I said I would turn you in to the Defenders if you cooperated. I have no intention of doing so if you decide to remain intransigent. You will come with us while we continue our investigation. If your clients believe that you are helping us, perhaps they will be more inclined to try and tie up 'loose ends', as you call them. That is the choice before you, Ms. Whyne. Consider carefully whether spiting us and avoiding a light criminal penalty is worth that risk."

Turning back to Grant, Ronith says "Make sure every team member investigating leads has one of the cards we retrieved from Ms. Whyne's person. I want her clients to know we have them."
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
Status
ISP- 56/66; PPE- 57/57

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 89 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 24

As Ronith responds to Ms. Whyne's weaksauce bargaining, Ashlynn leans back and smiles, guaging Alari's reactions.

Eyeball a Fella 65% 1d100 = 35 (SUCCEED)

Ronith wrote:"Do it."

Ashlynn nods and stands, ready to go.

Grant wrote:"I suggest we tie her up and set a watch while the rest of get some rest, perhaps Zoe can summon an elemental to guard her. In the morning, after John has looked at the robot, we can head out."

Ashlynn raises an eyebrow at Ms. Whyne. "Oh... by the way. If your clients come at us again like they did last time... they might have bombs. If they come at us again, I'm gonna make sure you're in whatever room the bomb's in. You probably heard what happened last time. All the way across town." She smirks.

Hells yeah - if I gotta live with accidentally blowing up HQ, then at least I better get some rep out of it.

Turning to the others, she says "'Cuda? Weiss? Wanna help set up watch?" She then walks out of the room (taking a business card if offered one). We don't want a repeat of last time... last time they attack from outside - but only to draw us away to teleport in. Won't fall for that again. Let them attack from the outside - they won't get far. We need to defend against teleporting intruders first and foremost.

In the corridor outside

Turning to Barracuda, she says "We should move her to an internal room - one with no external walls - so if they wanna come after her they gotta get by us. We'll have Zoe's elemental inside - I hope - and we can guard the room's physical access point."

OOC Comments
I am thinking of either one of the locker rooms at area 9 (which would be ideal) or Bedroom #4's bathroom (which is outside-adjacent at the cieling) - but Ashlynn doesn't know the layout of the HQ as well as Barracuda, having only spent one night there.

A small frown crosses her face. "Wherever we put her, we gotta put our own people - Zac, Marit, and anyone else - far away." She sighs.
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Barracuda » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 59/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 37

Barracuda doesn't let on that he's disappointed that Whyne doesn't react to his presence at all. Probably just let the psychics deal with this. I could punch it out of her, but that wouldn't be a fair fight. Jerk.

Weiss wrote:“Sir Ronith, Two things you need to be aware of; firstly, she had more cards. We need to disable these before they realise that she’s here. Don’t know where Watcher has gone, but with Yanso gone, I guess I need to try to jam them, unless you’re happy with me destroying this bit of evidence? Actually, does anybody else have any technical expertise that might be helpful like Zoe? Another option, I could wander around Merctown, leaving the cards as I go. Confuse the heck out of them.”

Ashlynn wrote:"I don't like that she has these cards with her... and no receiver. Means someone else has the receiver. We need to be on guard." Ashlynn turns to Barracuda. "Maybe best to zap 'em?"

Ronith wrote:Turning back to Grant, Ronith says "Make sure every team member investigating leads has one of the cards we retrieved from Ms. Whyne's person. I want her clients to know we have them."

Ballsy move. "I'll refrain from zapping the cards for now. I'm assuming that by the time we're done, there won't be anyone on the other end of the receiver for it to matter."

Weiss wrote:"Secondly, the private investigator’s office where we captured Whyne is also the office of the PI that Elizabeth hired, who later went missing. That can’t be a coincidence. Mrs McGrath arranged the employment through Fixer Jones. He might be able to shed some light on this. I know him from past jobs, so I am happy to go and have a chat to find out what he knows. Unless one of the others wants to come along, I could take Rae with me for protection. Their primary target is still Mrs McGrath, so the heavy hitters should stay here."

"I wouldn't mind joining the trip. Rae can watch both of our backs. Maybe tomorrow when they might be open."

Ashlynn wrote:Turning to the others, she says "'Cuda? Weiss? Wanna help set up watch?"

Looking at Whyne, he says "Let's do it. Waste of time in here." He grabs a card as he watches Ashlynn do and goes to keep an eye on things.

Ashlynn wrote:In the corridor outside

Turning to Barracuda, she says "We should move her to an internal room - one with no external walls - so if they wanna come after her they gotta get by us. We'll have Zoe's elemental inside - I hope - and we can guard the room's physical access point."
A small frown crosses her face. "Wherever we put her, we gotta put our own people - Zac, Marit, and anyone else - far away." She sighs.

Ben thinks back to lifting and tossing rubble from on top of everyone living at the Haven not but a few hours ago. If Beltin weren't here, they would all be dead. All because of this horrible woman, Whyne. I hope they find her when she comes with us. I hope the worst for her. Looking to Ashlynn, Barracuda nods his agreement. "We can't ever let those enemies near them again. We almost lost everything. Next time, I'll know to take them down before they have a chance to use that damn sticky magic. I've got just the place to stick her." Barracuda leads Ashlynn to the Ground Floor Locker Rooms and swings the door open. "No external walls, not near any of the bedrooms AND it smells like sweaty gym socks. This is where the dwarf was storing his stuff. We haven't gotten the smell out yet." If Ashlynn approves, Barracuda will swing the door open, toss her in and shut it.

While they're waiting around, Barracuda looks to Ashlynn and asks "So, you're a super? Like me? What kinda mojo you got? I saw the shield. You're a jumper? Where I'm from, we'd have to come up with a sweet codename for you. Like" Barracuda pauses for a second, deep in thought. "Mega-Shield. Or Jumping Woman. Wait. Those both suck."
Barracuda

Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:19 am

(Rolls carried over)

Barracuda wrote:"We can't ever let those enemies near them again. We almost lost everything. Next time, I'll know to take them down before they have a chance to use that damn sticky magic. I've got just the place to stick her.... No external walls, not near any of the bedrooms AND it smells like sweaty gym socks. This is where the dwarf was storing his stuff. We haven't gotten the smell out yet."

Ashlynn grins wickedly and nods. "Oh, yeah. That'll do nicely." She takes a whiff of the room and jerks back as if she's been punched. "Whoof. Pungent."

Barracuda wrote:"So, you're a super? Like me? What kinda mojo you got? I saw the shield. You're a jumper? Where I'm from, we'd have to come up with a sweet codename for you. Like... Mega-Shield. Or Jumping Woman. Wait. Those both suck."

Ashlynn tilts her head at him quizzically. "I like you. You're wierd."

She holds up fingers to count off her powers as she enumerates them. One finger. "One: Not a jumper so much as I'm just really really bouncy. It's my "go fast" power and also my "get hit by a truck and live" power." A second finger. "B. Yeah, I got this crazy energy shield thinger. Dunno if it can be broken. Dunno where the energy comes from." A third finger goes up. "Next, I got like a radar ability? I can sense stuff in my immediate area. Helps me get to the bathroom in the dark." She smiles. A fourth finger goes up. " Also? I'm really really agile and ambidextrous and I can think real fast - like I'm thinking more than one thing at a time. Dunno if that's a power or a disability. I'm losing count here."

She drops her hand back to her side. "I dunno about the codenames. Bouncy Radar Shield Woman? No, too long. MEGA KILLROCKET SUPERSTAR!! That's the one. Mega Killrocket Superstar." She grins, satisfied.

"Wait... are you saying Barracuda isn't your real name? I feel cheated."
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Barracuda » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am

(Rolls held over)
Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn tilts her head at him quizzically. "I like you. You're wierd."

Oh shit, am I weird? "Back at ya, kid. At least I think you're younger than me. I'm 20. But I don't know if, like, traveling through a wormhole makes your age change or anything. That's more Orbital's thing. He was a robot." Yeah, THAT didn't sound weird, ya dummy.

Ashlynn wrote:"One: Not a jumper so much as I'm just really really bouncy. It's my "go fast" power and also my "get hit by a truck and live" power."

"Cool." That's pretty damn cool.
Ashlynn wrote:"B. Yeah, I got this crazy energy shield thinger. Dunno if it can be broken. Dunno where the energy comes from."

"Alright, cool cool." One, B? Energy shield ain't the only thing crazy around here.
Ashlynn wrote:"Next, I got like a radar ability? I can sense stuff in my immediate area. Helps me get to the bathroom in the dark."

"Bathroom powers, got it." Whoa, Radar? She's pretty bad ass!
Ashlynn wrote:" Also? I'm really really agile and ambidextrous and I can think real fast - like I'm thinking more than one thing at a time. Dunno if that's a power or a disability. I'm losing count here."

"Agility powers. Cool. Like, super-gymnastics. I can see your confusion about that and you were at four. Or five. I'm not sure if that last one was one or two."
Ashlynn wrote:"I dunno about the codenames. Bouncy Radar Shield Woman? No, too long. MEGA KILLROCKET SUPERSTAR!! That's the one. Mega Killrocket Superstar." She grins, satisfied.

"Mega Kill? Mega? Mega Killrocket Superstar?! Holy crap, my teammates back home would haaaate you. But I think it's rad. They're all sticks in the mud. Mega Killrocket Superstar."
Ashlynn wrote:"Wait... are you saying Barracuda isn't your real name? I feel cheated."

"Benjamin Berry. Nice to meet you, Mega Killrocket Superstar. I'm the estranged prince of Atlantis... of a different dimension. Birth name was Corwin, but the orphanage named me Benjamin after I was found on the beach and turned in by surfers. Oh wait, sorry. You didn't ask for the life's story." Barracuda leans against the wall with his trident in hand. Turning his head to Ashlynn, he asks "What's your deal?"
Barracuda

Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:04 pm

(The rolls, I carry them over)

Barracuda wrote:"Benjamin Berry. Nice to meet you, Mega Killrocket Superstar. I'm the estranged prince of Atlantis... of a different dimension. Birth name was Corwin, but the orphanage named me Benjamin after I was found on the beach and turned in by surfers. Oh wait, sorry. You didn't ask for the life's story. What's your deal?"

Ashlynn's eyes boggle. "WAIT YOU'RE A PRINCE!?!" She shakes her head in disbelief. "I don't gotta bow, do I? I don't know how to curtsy. Wait, we're not in Atlantis and you said you're from a different dimension. So are you still a prince then? Why just Barrracuda when you can be PRINCE BARRACUDA? I don't get it." She looks at him, a torrent of emotions crossing her face in waves - frustration, joy, confusion, and more.

Finally, she just hits him. In the shoulder. Not too hard... but... yeah.

"You.... You leave out all the IMPORTANT stuff!"

She sighs and shakes her head. "Okay... my story. My mom - maybe she was my mom but she definitely wasn't my birth mom but she raised me like a mom so I call her mom - she found me in a forest when I was a baby and told me I 'fell through a Rift' even though I know they don't work like that, and her and my dad - not my real dad of course, but my dad - raised me or started to raise me or whatever, and we were happy. But the Coalition came for whatever reason and my mom hid me from them but they burned down the village and I escaped but Pangur Ban found me - he was a Kill-Cat and he was leader of a merc outfit called "Myrmidon's Might" - it was him, the monkey-boy Ishmael, a M'raaghile named T'avi, and a human named Hagbard - they found me and raised me up, taught me what I know. They were gonna teach me more but I got caught in a cave-in at a ruin and when I got out there'd been a firefight and..."

"Anyhow... I was on my own again so I came to Merctown to look for a crew and I met Weiss and Zac outside, and then I met you guys and now Sir Ronith has hired me."

"I think that's all the important stuff."

"I don't think I'm a PRINCESS or anything." She half-frowns at him, but then smiles.
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Barracuda » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:25 pm

(Rolls held over)

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn's eyes boggle. "WAIT YOU'RE A PRINCE!?!" She shakes her head in disbelief. "I don't gotta bow, do I? I don't know how to curtsy. Wait, we're not in Atlantis and you said you're from a different dimension. So are you still a prince then? Why just Barrracuda when you can be PRINCE BARRACUDA? I don't get it." She looks at him, a torrent of emotions crossing her face in waves - frustration, joy, confusion, and more.

Finally, she just hits him. In the shoulder. Not too hard... but... yeah.

"You.... You leave out all the IMPORTANT stuff!"

Prince Barracuda? Why didn't I think of that earlier? Damn she's good. When she hits him in the shoulder, he smiles a little bit. "No bowing and stuff. I'm a prince no matter where I go. Just like I'm a superhero even though this world is mostly just robots and monsters. Well, I guess that's actually a pretty good description of my home as well. But this is like the dystopian timeline where everything went to shit. Anyway. Prince. Superhero. Hero for Hire. I'm amphibious, I can short out computers and erase discs, I can't be hurt by punches and stuff like that, I can make any weapon way more powerful by pumping energy into it. I can control sound...which is a weird one but effective. Something weird happened when we were fighting those shadow dudes. I absorbed some energy from an eClip and then started glowing. I can still feel the energy floating around inside me." Barracuda points his hand out and shoots a palm-wide beam of light from it, brightly illuminating the room. "Yup. It's still there."

He listens to Ashlynn's origin story with some sadness as well as understanding in his heart. At the end, he laughs a bit. "That's a sad story but...two orphans end up in the same merc outfit with the strictest dad in the universe. What are the chances? Maybe its fate that we both came through rifts and ended up here. And who knows, maybe you are a princess. Princess Mega KillRocket Superstar."
Barracuda

Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:47 pm

(carries rolled over)

PRINCE BARRACUDA OF LEMURIA, FIRST OF HIS NAME wrote:"That's a sad story but...two orphans end up in the same merc outfit with the strictest dad in the universe. What are the chances? Maybe its fate that we both came through rifts and ended up here. And who knows, maybe you are a princess. Princess Mega KillRocket Superstar."

Ashlynn smiles. "Maybe... but I doubt it. I'm probably some kinda product."

She turns her head and, with her left hand, brushes her hair back from her ear, showing - only briefly - the barcode tattooed there.

Dropping her hand, the hair falls back into place. Blushing, she adds, "Mom says... said... that's always been there."

Why did I show him that? I never show anyone that...

"So... it's probably more like Mega KillRocket Superstar, Deluxe Edition." She smiles.

She chuckles. "...while supplies last."
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:59 am

Rolls carried

As Ashlynn called him, Weiss chucked the pen he'd been using on the table, clearly exasperated.

"Might as well set up a watch" Weiss sighed, "not like I am getting anywhere doing this."

On my way he messaged Ashlynn, getting up from his chair. He collected his rifle from the side of the table and with a second's hesitation, picked up the remaining business cards and moved to the interrogation room to rendezvous with her.

As Ashlynn and Barracuda got talking, Weiss arrived, but instead of interrupting, he stood to one side and listened to them, smiling.

Good, maybe his will help her feel more at home and being so anxious.

He thought about Zac

When this night was over, he'd sit down with Grant and see what they could arrange about his future. His was a dangerous line of work. Zac should be somewhere safer and learning for the future. Not with me chasing after ghosts.

"Ahem," Weiss coughed to get their attention, "do we have a watch to organise?"

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:15 am

((Apologies about 'phoning it in'. Work and life have been extremely hectic.))
-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+6 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 16| 1d100 = 24%
Current Status
  • N-F20A Medium Force Field [on] (63/75 MDC)
  • NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
ISP: 65/268
SDC: 69/69
HP: 36/36
Conditions (constant): Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Nightvision. 69.50 min.
  • Telepathy: Superior. 13.75 min. 450ft probe. 900 ft 2-way comms.

Beltin remains quietly in the background as others ask the questions. But the young mind melter struggles to contain his emotions. Whenever he sees Whyne's indignation, he can't help but be reminded of how her actions nearly cost him the life of his wife and close friends. A simmering anger seethes from every pore and creates a tangible aura ((from Third Eye open)) around him.

Do not act impatiently or irrationally. Beltin's own voice of reason echoes in the back of his mind. Slowly, he works to try to contain the rage.

When the plan is decided upon, Beltin will take one of the cards and go along with the group.

Code for spells or psionics used
Code: Select all
[*]

Expediture tally this round
Beltin Delhomme - H4H's psychic Swiss-army knife | Explorer Points

Status
    -N-F20A Medium Force Field [off] (75/75 MDC)
    -NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
    ISP: 258/258

Constant effects
Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)

Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 6:00am
Climate: 50F, overcast
Ley Line within 1 mile
Heavy radio traffic
numerous magics in use
Moderate ground and air traffic due to fire. 500+ ground and air signatures moving various directions at speeds from walking up to 200mph within 1 mile. 100+ vehicles and individuals in move in various places within 500ft

Though watches are set and vigilance is maintained, no threat present themselves. Amie left for her home as dawn approached, offering her services if needed. Rae marched the hallways with dedication which may or may not have been needed considering how many other neighbors we still around helping. By 6am the Haven was once again surrounded by walls and sporting a fashion of a roof. Those who had assisted return to their homes, offering food and staples if the need presents itself.

Zac, Elizabeth and Zoe finally get some rest as rooster crow in the distance. Whyne is restrained in whatever room Ronith deems best with watches as appropriate. Whatever the reason the air seems less oppressive.

Early in the morning, the salvage company delivers the remains of the power armor.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:41 am

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 24 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 86

Last Night

Weiss wrote:"Ahem, do we have a watch to organise?"

Ashlynn looked at Weiss from her conversation with Barracuda, and flushed red. "Uh, YEAH." Why am I blushing? We weren't doing anything.

Ashlynn will set up a watch with Weiss, 'Cuda, and anyone else who tags along.

During her watch, Ashlynn paces fretfully outside Ms. Whyne's "prison" door, flicking her laser sword off and on - almost like a nervous tic. She eyes the door as she passes it, and stays vigilant. Hyper-vigilant, in fact, flinching whenever Rae or the others crossed her line of sight, then inwardly scolding herself each time.

Get it together, Ash!

When she is relieved from her watch, she trudges up to her designated room and collapses once more on the bed, fully clothed. She is snoring before her head hits the pillow.

This Morning

Ashlynn awakes with a start, hopping out of bed, and spinning around the room, still sore from her injuries of the day before. Where am... oh... She chuckles at herself. Heroes Haven. They've hired me... I kinda live here now. I wonder what room they'll put me in? Will I be able to decorate it? These rooms are pretty nice as-is... Pangur Ban would caution me about not lowering the value.

OOC Comments
If rooms are available for choosing at some point, Ashlynn will call dibs on Upper Level room #1 unless the group tosses her into the multi-occupant room at #8.

Ashlynn will go over to the kitchen to grab some food (whatever's available... she ain't picky) and talk to whomever else is awake. As she eats, she marvels at how fast her damage to their home was repaired.
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:02 am

Perception 36% 1d100 = 98
JIC 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 90
Initiative 1d20+3
APM 8 (in Blue Beauty)
rolls carried

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn looked at Weiss from her conversation with Barracuda, and flushed red. "Uh, YEAH." Why am I blushing? We weren't doing anything.

Weiss raised an eyebrow at Ash's reaction, but said nothing. She was an adult as was Barracuda. None of his business; well its not supposed to be. he wasn't her father.

Weiss took part in the watch early on in the sequence, keeping an eye out for any signs of trouble.

Early morning

Before everyone else was up or at least most people likely, John was up doing his physical routines, keeping in shape as best he could using whatever gym equipment he could find, and supplementing it with press-ups and running around the Haven several times. He had no special abilities or powers so he had to keep himself as ready as he could be. Perhaps he would be able to spar with the others, maybe show Rae a couple of things a Cyber Knight was unlikely to do, but would have to be ready to deal with. Been a long time since he'd been with Draco's Defenders. Perhaps he should pay a call to his old employer; he might be able to help them, considering his city had been attacked.

“This was supposed to be Watcher and Yanso’s job,” Weiss complained in frustration as he sifted through the remains of the power armour, looking for the data core, “I’m good at putting these things down. Mining data cores for information, not so much.” Still, they were where they were and he had a job to do and he did his job to the best of his ability.

OOC Comments
Ooc
Presuming Yanso’s roll – viewtopic.php?f=265&t=16250&start=200#p1347471 would at least be able to help Weiss find it

Zac helped pick apart some of the pieces, happy to have something to do. He looked a little withdrawn, even after having rested. Weiss hoped that the events of yesterday evening hadn’t unduly affected him, so he decided to do something to take Zac’s mind off it.

OOC Comments
Ooc
Presuming Grant is there with the search efforts

“Well, Grant made a suggestion yesterday that we both thought you might be interested in (ooc and several months ago :p),” he explained to his son, “Would you be interested in taking up studies into the mystical arts?”
Zac’s jaw dropped, obviously surprised, almost dropping a piece of metal onto his foot, but he and Weiss caught it in time. “You mean..?”

“Yeah, learn how to do magic. Devill.. D’Norr are predisposed towards magic I believe, not that I’m an expert in magic or anything. Grant will correct me if I’m wrong about that. This is his area of expertise.” Zac mouthed in surprise for a few seconds before hugging Weiss tightly and turning to talk Grant, firing a thousand words a minute.

“Will you be the one teaching me?
How long does it take to learn?
Will I be able to cast a spell to find people?”

Job done there Weiss smiled as his son looked the happiest he’d seen him for weeks.

OOC Comments
Ooc – presuming that we find the data core

He was a pilot, not an engineer dammit, this isn’t what he was hired for and now due to some weird confluence of events, he had the greatest technical skills in the team. He plugged the core into the computer and began running programs to download the data, but it was not as easy as that.

OOC Comments
Ooc – presuming that it is in a different language (like Kittani)
Computer Operation 69% (+5%) 1d100 = 50 download
Sensory Equipment 64% (+5%) 1d100 = 39 interpret the data

“I can interpret some of this data, but the language is beyond me. Maybe Watcher could have done it, but he’s disappeared somewhere and Yanso bailed. If Ronith says to go and talk to Fixer Jones, maybe I should ask him if he’s got anybody he could recommend with this sort of skill set.”
Last edited by Weiss on Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:49 am

New Perception: 69% vs 1d100 = 69
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 48

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

• Immune to Possession
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
Stats
  • P.P.E.: 572/572

Grant goes out and returns with the business cards and makes a show of handing them knowing that Weiss has made his attempt to jam any transmission they are giving off.

Seeing no response to be putting in the 'line of fire' as it were, Grant thinks, Tough cookie, well it's still all words at this point. Once we leave Merc-Town with her it may all change.

When they bring Ms Whyne to the room to hold her, he takes a moment to view her aura and then casts X-Ray vision to see if she has any cybernetic implants. It turned out alright in the end but even Amie had some hidden surprises. He takes a moment to pull Ben and Ashlynn aside, budding romance unnoticed and says, "If she falls a sleep, wake Beltin, that's probably our best chance for him to examine her mind." Grant shares what he learns about Ms Whyne from his magic with the two of them.

Grant goes up to Barracuda's room and unrolls his sleeping bag (since John and Zach are in his room), and meditates until Ben comes in. While mediating he has what can only be called a waking dream.

Dream? wrote:He dreams he's with a group of people of various talents on a mission at a place called, Midpoint? Grant's not sure. They had just battled various Deevils (he's sure that's what they were) and have just went through a dimensional portal onto a huge space ship populated by homicidal robots. In the last minutes before opening his eye, he and his team come across a beautifully deadly woman and some type of creature that Grant had never seen before.

Grant casts Cleanse upon himself to help him focus. That dream was so vivid, was it a vision of where we will be? Grant shakes his head, Sometimes a dream is just a dream.

He helps with breakfast, and if Ms. Whyne is awake, he brings her a plate saying, "You are here for the long hall, eat up."

Weiss wrote:“This was supposed to be Watcher and Yanso’s job,” Weiss complained in frustration as he sifted through the remains of the power armour, looking for the data core, “I’m good at putting these things down. Mining data cores for information, not so much.” Still, they were where they were and he had a job to do and he did his job to the best of his ability.

Hearing John's complaint, Grant walks over to him and the wreckage, trying to make heads or tails of the centaur shaped robot. "Yeah, I wish I knew more about why they left. But, I might be able to help you interpret what you are seeing." Grant casts Eyes of Thoth and Tongues on John so he can read and understand any alien language he comes across. He'll recast them as needed while John investigates.

Weiss and Zach wrote:“Well, Grant made a suggestion yesterday that we both thought you might be interested in (ooc and several months ago :p),” he explained to his son, “Would you be interested in taking up studies into the mystical arts?”
Zac’s jaw dropped, obviously surprised, almost dropping a piece of metal onto his foot, but he and Weiss caught it in time. “You mean..?”

“Yeah, learn how to do magic. Devill.. D’Norr are predisposed towards magic I believe, not that I’m an expert in magic or anything. Grant will correct me if I’m wrong about that. This is his area of expertise.” Zac mouthed in surprise for a few seconds before hugging Weiss tightly and turning to talk Grant, firing a thousand words a minute.

“Will you be the one teaching me?
How long does it take to learn?
Will I be able to cast a spell to find people?”

"No Zac, it wouldn't be me that would teach you." Grant chuckles at the boy's enthusiasm, he reaches out and clasps his shoulder, "Like I said before learning magic is a focused discipline, I had hoped Barric, with his friendship with Archmage Clearcy could make the introduction and get you enrolled in whatever classes they have at the Collegiate Arcane. But, perhaps Zoe can take you over there in the next few days, or once this matter is resolved, I can take you over there myself."

Stepping back, Grant picks up his glass from the table and takes a sip, then continues, "For myself, my introduction to magic was more based on being a hazard to others than knowing that it's what I wanted to be." Grant thinks back to the day that he had first teleported to avoid getting a spanking. "So they will probably do an assessment of your magical potential first to determine what type of magic you'd be best suited to learn."

For Weiss:

Code: Select all
[list][*]Eyes of Thoth | BOM 106 | Self or other by touch | 120 min | Read all writen languages
[*]Tongues | BOM 114 | Self or other by touch | 36 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%[/list]

Spells and Psionics Cast
  • Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation. Duration, range, and damage of psychic powers are doubled when within one mile of a nexus point. The protection provided by telekinetic force fields are also doubled (specific powers may have alternate rules).
  • See Aura | P.P.E.: 6 | BOM 92 | 400' | 15 seconds | Mind Block/Alter Aura can mask presence of psychic abilities, P.P.E. or possession
  • X-Ray Vision | P.P.E. 25 | HUGM 188 | Self | 6 min | Must concentrate to use. 1 round: 2' of wood/cloth/leather. 1' dirt/clay/stone. .5' metal. 2 rounds for double thickness
  • Cleanse | P.P.E.: 6 | BOM 93 | Self, One person and clothes up to 10', two people by touch | Instant | 25lb of clothes, will kill most surface parasites
  • Eyes of Thoth | P.P.E.: 8 | BOM 106 | Self or other by touch | 120 min | Read all writen languages
  • Tongues | P.P.E.: 12 | BOM 114 | Self or other by touch | 36 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

Info

Equipped Gear of Note
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Barracuda » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 78

Watch:
Ashlynn wrote:
PRINCE BARRACUDA OF LEMURIA, FIRST OF HIS NAME wrote:"That's a sad story but...two orphans end up in the same merc outfit with the strictest dad in the universe. What are the chances? Maybe its fate that we both came through rifts and ended up here. And who knows, maybe you are a princess. Princess Mega KillRocket Superstar."

Ashlynn smiles. "Maybe... but I doubt it. I'm probably some kinda product."
Dropping her hand, the hair falls back into place. Blushing, she adds, "Mom says... said... that's always been there."
"So... it's probably more like Mega KillRocket Superstar, Deluxe Edition." She smiles.
She chuckles. "...while supplies last."

Damn, that's heavy. I wonder if she was experimented on like Bombshell back home. He told me some terrible stories. Hopefully, nothing like that happened to her. "Whoa. But, you don't remember how you got that or anything? That's heavy. Have you ever tried, like, scanning it? Maybe the barcode means something here? Deluxe Edition, indeed. That's a super cool origin story! We should..."
Weiss wrote:"Ahem," Weiss coughed to get their attention, "do we have a watch to organise?"

Barracuda turns around when Weiss coughs, not having realized that he was there. Looking back to Ashlynn, he notices that she's bright red. "Yeah, watch. A watch. I'll uh... go check out the roof." The roof? You doofus. The prisoner is in the room next to you.
Grant Latham wrote:"If she falls a sleep, wake Beltin, that's probably our best chance for him to examine her mind."

"Got it." Barracuda stands watch over the Haven for his shift, trident in hand, watching over Wynne's room. She had better hope she doesn't get rescued. If she falls asleep, he will radio for Beltin. Watch time comes to an end and the Lord of the Bay heads to his room to get some rest. When he walks in and sees Grant there meditating, he stands still for a second unsure of what to do. Uhh... He decides not to disturb the magic man and instead just crawls into his bed for some sleep.

Morning:
Barracuda rises later in the morning, pulls on his clothes and heads to the kitchen for some breakfast. Another safe night under the watchful eyes of Prince Barracuda, Lord of the Bay! Oh man, that sounds so silly. But so good. Pouring himself a bowl of Cyber-puffs cereal, he looks around for someone who's awake for an update about what's going on.
Barracuda

Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:36 am

JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 14
PER: 1d100 = 15 vs. 66% (+15% if amplified hearing applies)

In the face of Whyne's intransigence, Ronith leaves her to cool her heels (though he will ensure that the Haven's security arrangements are equal to keeping her on lockdown, devising a guard schedule if necessary). The cyber-knight will not retire until at least the first-round repairs to the Haven are completed, and he will make a point of thanking each and every person who showed up to lend a hand.

Ronith himself will eschew the comforts of his quarters in favor of passing the night sleeping/meditating on the ground floor- alternating between the lobby (in case there is another attack) and outside the room where Whyne is being held (in case she tries to escape).

In the morning, Ronith will rise early as he always does and do his normal morning warm-up routine. With a nod to any other team members he sees out and about, he will grab some food both for himself and their prisoner, and take some breakfast to Whyne (as an excuse to check on her). He's not really expecting a night cooling her heels to have changed her heart, though if he runs into Beltin Ronith will inquire as to whether the mind melter has any thoughts on how she might be induced to talk. Otherwise, Ronith will go to check on Weiss and Grant and see if they've made any progress with the power armor.
Status
ISP- 56/66; PPE- 57/57

Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Weiss » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:23 am

Rolls carried

Ronith wrote:In the face of Whyne's intransigence, Ronith leaves her to cool her heels (though he will ensure that the Haven's security arrangements are equal to keeping her on lockdown, devising a guard schedule if necessary).

Ronith finds Ashlynn, Barracuda and Weiss already setting up a watch schedule when he leaves the room, though Weiss is happy to have Sir Ronith's input.

MORNING

Grant Latham wrote:Hearing John's complaint, Grant walks over to him and the wreckage, trying to make heads or tails of the centaur shaped robot. "Yeah, I wish I knew more about why they left. But, I might be able to help you interpret what you are seeing." Grant casts Eyes of Thoth and Tongues on John so he can read and understand any alien language he comes across. He'll recast them as needed while John investigates.

As Grant cast the spells on him, the text on the screen blurred for a split second before becoming something recognisable.
“Well, that makes things a lot easier. I can read Requiem for an Elf in the original Dragonese now,” John cheered, “thanks Grant. Now let’s see what this tells us.”

Grant Latham wrote:"No Zac, it wouldn't be me that would teach you." Grant chuckles at the boy's enthusiasm, he reaches out and clasps his shoulder, "Like I said before learning magic is a focused discipline, I had hoped Barric, with his friendship with Archmage Clearcy could make the introduction and get you enrolled in whatever classes they have at the Collegiate Arcane. But, perhaps Zoe can take you over there in the next few days, or once this matter is resolved, I can take you over there myself." Stepping back, Grant picks up his glass from the table and takes a sip, then continues, "For myself, my introduction to magic was more based on being a hazard to others than knowing that it's what I wanted to be." Grant thinks back to the day that he had first teleported to avoid getting a spanking. "So they will probably do an assessment of your magical potential first to determine what type of magic you'd be best suited to learn."

As Grant explained what would happen to Zac regarding training, Zac moved forward and hugged Grant with both arms.

“Thank you,” Zac beamed, before walking over and hugging his father.

“So basically, let’s wait until all this blows over Zac, then Grant and I will see about getting you enrolled,” Weiss hugged him back. Seeing Zac like this really lifted his spirits.

As Barracuda came in after eating breakfast, Weiss directed him towards the remains of the power armour. Whilst on watch, he’d indicated he had some technical skills and had experience of carrying out salvage operations. At least, if nothing else, he could go through what was present and ascertain what was useless, what could be sold and what they could reuse, say on the Blue Beauty and any ammunition for the remaining weapons that hadn’t been destroyed on the arms from his initial missile strike. Zac joined Barracuda in his efforts, helping sort it into piles.

He’d normally have cooked, like he did yesterday, but this was more important. They’d have to go without a cooked breakfast today and proper sit-down meal whilst he sorted through all the data. He’d fix Zac something later after analysing what he’d found. Hopefully, this would generate a lead.

OOC Comments
Barracuda indicated he had Basic electronic, basic mechanics and Salvage skills on hangouts, and was asking how he could use them to contribute.

Ronith wrote:Otherwise, Ronith will go to check on Weiss and Grant and see if they've made any progress with the power armor.

"Sir Ronith," Weiss greeted the Cyber Knight, briefly looking up from the screen, "Just trying to find the data as we speak."

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Barracuda » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:42 pm

(rolls held over)

When Weiss shows him the power armor, Barracuda starts sifting through the parts to see what's usable and what's trash. When Zac helps him in moving things around, Barracuda takes his first real chance to hang out with the young guy since the group first met. "So, how old are you, little dude? I mean, old enough to hang with your dad and live with a bunch of mercs, I guess."

Skills
  • Basic Electronics: 1d100 = 34/55%
  • Basic Mechanics: 1d100 = 88/35%
  • Salvage: 1d100 = 42/40%
Barracuda

Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:47 am

Rolls carried

Barracuda wrote:(rolls held over)

When Weiss shows him the power armor, Barracuda starts sifting through the parts to see what's usable and what's trash. When Zac helps him in moving things around, Barracuda takes his first real chance to hang out with the young guy since the group first met. "So, how old are you, little dude? I mean, old enough to hang with your dad and live with a bunch of mercs, I guess."

Skills

“I’m twelve,”
Zac responded, like it was obvious, before his face breaks a little, “don’t really have a lot of choice. Our home is gone, most of the people we lived with are dead or missing or scattered and my mum is … I don’t know where. My dad says this is a stop, place to catch our breath, make a new home perhaps that we can look for her from.” Zac looks a little forlorn, down from the emotional high he was a few minutes ago, as he touched on a painful subject. To Barracuda, it sounded like he needed to get it out. “My dad is already making plans; he knows people but he knows finding her will require money, which we didn’t have.”

“Is it true you’re the king of the world but you’re just slumming it at the moment?” he suddenly switched subjects, “my dad says you were."

As Grant stood near him as he examined the data from the Centaur power armour, Weiss turned to talk to him for a second about something personal.
“Grant, that spell you used to find Whyne, what kind of range does it have and how recently does the person you are trying to find have to have touched the item?" The ease in which Grant found Whyne made John hopeful that he might be able to track down Jazia the same way. It certainly didn't hurt to ask. Anything that brought their family back together was worth taking. Considering how Beltin must be feeling with Marit getting hurt, at least he knew where she was and if she was okay.
Not knowing hurt him; they'd been together for a decade and never been apart this long. Well except when he went to trade or patrol, but even then, he was capable of calling in and making sure she and Zac were okay

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 8:00am
Ley Line within 1 mile
Heavy radio traffic
numerous magics in use

Marit is in much better spirits in the morning. Beltin finds her on her feet tending to herself as she often does in the mornings.

Zac is interested in the going ons of Heroes for Hire but he too seems all but unfazed by the previous evening, no doubt having seen as much if not worse in his life.

Rae takes any... every opportunity to help guard Whyne, during which she gives many stares that clearly are meant to be intimidating or disapproving. If Ashlynn watches her, she can tell that Rae is wholly focused on doing the best job she can. She emulates her idol, Ronith, but it's not a hollow imitation. The girl is like a sponge, absorbing everything she sees and hears from those around her, even Ashlynn.

Elizabeth McGrath looks as though she has something on her mind. She waits until she can speak to Sir Ronith. "Sir Ronith, you see now what I meant about disaster befalling those who get tangled in this. Do you still wish to do so? I will understand if you don't. If this path does lead to Dwoemer, I don't know what will be waiting there."

Grant looks at the Whyne's aura. She is experienced. Highly experienced (high level), uses magic as well as psionics and has a lot of PPE. It's her core essence that is odd. She isn't possessed but she's certainly not "normal". Perhaps she is mutant or some other abberation but whatever the case there is more to her than meets the eye.

She doesn't speak to many people but seems to talk idly to Beltin. "Heroes for Hire is talented indeed. Their reputation is well founded. I have no ill will against any of you. Though I doubt you would believe me. If you pursue them, you are going to have to develop new skills. You have suspicion and that's good. But suspicion is a raw material. You have to work it and turn it into a usable product."

Weiss and Barracuda along with Zac work on salvaging the power armor. It's unlike anything either have seen. Perhaps talking to one of the salvage yards will produce some answers. It's alien tech at the least. Unfortunately the missile salvos turn most of the armor into slag. However, unless both Barracuda and Weiss are off their mark, they are sure that the armor is still worth a couple million, even in it's current shape. The pure rarity will ensure a good sell. The nuclear core is still stable at the very least. Ammo and weapons were too badly damaged to be used without repair. Given enough time and money though, there would be enough to possibly reverse engineer several components.

If Ronith and crew wish to continue on, it seems one solid lead is Mr. Horne in Dwoemer as well as that being the destination it seems McGrath was intent upon. If so, make plans on when you'd like to leave and any preparations you'd like to make before leaving Merctown. If you're sending Elizabeth packing... state as much and some downtime actions everyone would like to take.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Virtus » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:46 am

The mother boards and data storage are located. Currently there is no power to them. Weiss can easily tell they are not North American in design. Like nothing he has seen, even from Triax. Weiss fiddles around for a bit, gets some power going but it will take a while to figure out how to safely tap into the data. But the longer Weiss thinks about it, there is little chance of the computers holding many clues, thinking of his own robot. The parts themselves probably hold the biggest clues. He is sure that the parts are strange enough it will jog someone's memory. Just have to find out who.

Grant looks at the item and finds:

Ring of X-Ray Vision
Uncommon Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: 5
Damage: (if applicable)
Magic Features
• X-Ray Vision: As per spell (PFRPG pg. 203)
• • Duration: 10 minutes per activation.
• • Charges: 2 renewed every 24 hours.

Amulet of Charm
Rare Enchanted Amulet
M.D.C.: 5
Magic Features
• As per Charm Spell (BoM pg. 104)
• • P.P.E.: 12
• • Range: 15'

MP-1 TW Laser Pistol
• Range: 1000'
• Damage: 3d4 M.D. per blast
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 12 blasts
• Recharge Cost: 12 P.P.E. or 24 I.S.P.
• Weight: 2 lbs.
• Cost: 21,000 credits

Also Grant sees nothing more with his X Ray vision. Absolutely nothing more. Of course you have her wallet, but it's the little things you expect. Loose change, receipt from the local diner or even trinkets. While likely she is a perfectionist, it seems more likely that everything you are looking at is groomed. She leaves little room for mistakes.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:20 am

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 71 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 94

Earlier
Barracuda wrote:"Whoa. But, you don't remember how you got that or anything? That's heavy. Have you ever tried, like, scanning it? Maybe the barcode means something here? Deluxe Edition, indeed. That's a super cool origin story!"

Ashlynn sighs. "Yeah... I was a baby. I don't remember it at all."

Now

Zac wrote:Our home is gone, most of the people we lived with are dead or missing or scattered and my mum is … I don’t know where. My dad says this is a stop, place to catch our breath, make a new home perhaps that we can look for her from.”

Ashlynn smiles at him. "Hey... don't forget my promise. We're gonna find your mom. Ashlynn don't break promises."

Zac wrote:“My dad is already making plans; he knows people but he knows finding her will require money, which we didn’t have.”

Ashlynn nods. "Yeah... I figured I'd pitch in with that."

Ashlynn waits in the kitchen area to hear what Ronith's orders are. Way I figure it, we can turn the lady over to the Defenders... that's basically hanging her out to dry. Whoever's after her will come for her then, and if we keep an eye on her... she'd be excellent bait. We could let her go, but track her... maybe. She is a wizard, after all. And there's no guarantee she'll take us anywhere interesting. Or...

She idly says aloud "You know... we could lie." She shrugs. "Tell her we'll let her go, gather up what info she has, and then... sorta... don't let her go. One of those, 'We said we'd let you go, but we didn't say when', dealies."

She glances at Ronith, knowing somewhere inside her that the suggestion would be repugnant to him. "Just a thought... had to just... say it. Y'know?" If Ronith looks angry, she says, "...sorry."

While the others converse, Ashlynn busies herself cleaning up the kitchen - she does an abysmal job, dumping cruddy plates and bowls into the sink with abandon and leaving them there, and giving the surfaces only a cursory pass with a damp cloth. Clearly, the kitchen is not her domain. She does manage to wrap up any leftover food and put it away properly, though, being no stranger to hunger.
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:50 am

Perception 35% 1d100 = 99
JIC 1d100 = 52 1d20 = 14

As he studied the data for locational data, he also began looking at for information it provided about the armour itself; partly out of curiosity, but also from a growing change of mindset he was beginning to realise since he’d returned to the mercenary life. He’d grown as a merc brat with parents that operated an NG Hunter Mobile Gun and had spent many years as a Robot Pilot, but recent events and perhaps as a result of his retirement and being forced into an unfamiliar technical role, he found he wasn’t half bad at it. He could certainly do with some more training, but also having Zac with him was changing his perspective on these matters, a more protective aspect coming to the fore in terms of what he could do. Whereas before he would have been, cool, look at the guns and how quickly can I overrun the enemy, now he was considering the quickest, best way to take down a robot, how to minimise the effect on other people and just starting to enjoy the technical aspects of his work, especially as they didn’t have anybody more competent to fall back on.

“There is not a lot of information here yet, but I will run a few programs on it. It will take a while to get much from the data though. Best to leave it running whilst we follow up on a couple of things here.”

As he, Zac and Cuda look over the salvage, a thought crossed his mind.
“Who was the salvage guy we used? I want to talk to him see if anybody deals in strange robot materials. They might be able to help us either get more of a handle on the armour and whom we are fighting.
OOC Comments
(ooc- I think that might be a streetwise roll hint hint to find somebody who would have specific information. If we do intend to go to Dweomer, we should quickly finish up other leads here; speak to Fixer Jones, John will want to spend the money below)

Ashlynn wrote:Now

Zac wrote:Our home is gone, most of the people we lived with are dead or missing or scattered and my mum is … I don’t know where. My dad says this is a stop, place to catch our breath, make a new home perhaps that we can look for her from.”

Ashlynn smiles at him. "Hey... don't forget my promise. We're gonna find your mom. Ashlynn don't break promises."

“Thanks Ash,” Zac smiled back at her, looking appreciative of Ashlynn's continued support.

Zac wrote:“My dad is already making plans; he knows people but he knows finding her will require money, which we didn’t have.”

Ashlynn nods. "Yeah... I figured I'd pitch in with that."

“Actually," Weiss explained, "we all might have some more money coming our way than you'd expect." he pointed at the salvaged power armour on the floor. "That power armour is not from around here; at minimum it’s probably offworld, which makes it rare. Even in its current state, we can probably get a good couple of mill for it. More perhaps if we take credit."

Ashlynn waits in the kitchen area to hear what Ronith's orders are. Way I figure it, we can turn the lady over to the Defenders... that's basically hanging her out to dry. Whoever's after her will come for her then, and if we keep an eye on her... she'd be excellent bait. We could let her go, but track her... maybe. She is a wizard, after all. And there's no guarantee she'll take us anywhere interesting. Or...

She idly says aloud "You know... we could lie." She shrugs. "Tell her we'll let her go, gather up what info she has, and then... sorta... don't let her go. One of those, 'We said we'd let you go, but we didn't say when', dealies."

She glances at Ronith, knowing somewhere inside her that the suggestion would be repugnant to him. "Just a thought... had to just... say it. Y'know?" If Ronith looks angry, she says, "...sorry."

Weiss rolled his eyes and sighed

“Whilst Ash's idea might not fly, we do have other options and might not need to lie to her, but turn things around on her with magic.” Weiss mused, stroking his beard, “Grant, when you were checking out her equipment, you mentioned that the amulet contained some sort of charm spell. Use it on her, get her to like us and spill the beans. As for Whyne, I hate to say, maybe we should ask the Defenders if they will provide some leniency, reduced sentence that sort of thing if Whyne provides information. She certainly doesn’t deserve to be let go.” She was partly responsible for the attack on the Haven; Zac could have been hurt or even killed. Thankfully he hadn’t otherwise Weiss would have wanted a piece of her by now. Even so, he was saving his ire for her employers and ready to unleash the Blue Beauty on them.

“Dad, we got post,” Zac rushed into the kitchen, waving an envelope around. Weiss looked confused.
“Who even knows we are here?” he sound surprised, “we moved in like two days ago. I’ve not even had chance to hit up old contacts yet."
He shook the envelope first, hearing that there was not much in there. He opened up the envelope and out fell an NGMI card. A quick scan revealed it held 100,000 credits and then there was a note. A strange look passed over Weiss’ face as he read the note, biting his lip.
He fiddled with the card as he approached Grant and Beltin
“I just received this in the mail. The money on it will be useful, but with this note, I don’t know exactly where it came from. Would either of you be able to use the magic you used on the cards Whyne handed out on it?"

OOC Comments
Finally getting around to adding the 100k from my F&G roll as we discussed a while back

“Sir Ronith, if Grant want to search around Whyne’s place, there are a few places I can go with another group to get further intel before we continue onto Dweomer, I assume by Rift or something judging by what Grant has been able to do so far."

OOC Comments
Split into two groups again
3 and 3 or 4 and 3 if Rae is joining us

"If Grant take a group to search Whyne’s place or what is left of it if that is what went up in flames and her place at the Guild, the rest of us can see Fixer Jones regarding the private investigator and meet with the salvage experts. Get a better handle on this armour I took down. That would tell us more about whom we are up against. I could probably do with heading to the Northern Gun store to buy some gear. I suspect I need some better armour and weapons and some reloads for my missile launchers in case we run into more of those Power Armours."

Weiss also tried to catch Sir Ronith to one side to run something past him.
"I do have a couple of contacts we could ask, but I wanted to run talking to them past you first Sir Ronth. I don’t know what this team’s relationship with certain people are and didn't want to cause problems.
Back in the day, I used to run with Draco’s Defenders; yes as in the man who runs Merctown. Now, they might not have any information, but considering these people have also attacked Merctown, they might be willing to provide some additional aid.
There is an old employer of mine who always seemed to know more than he should about goings on .. lets say elsewhere than in the Americas. H e might know more about our adversaries. He has an office in the Hub; whether or not he’s there is another matter entirely and whether he’ll respond in time (ooc Mr Desmond – contact anywhere in the Megaverse).
And then there is another former employer; Geoff Blackman, as in Blackman Intelligence Services. If anybody has some snippet of information, it would be him. However, I've always been a little hesitant to involve him in anything. Never entirely sure what the price might be."
Last edited by Weiss on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:47 am

New Perception: 69% vs 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 86

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

• Immune to Possession
  • Spell Range doubled
Stats

Grant's other memories point to many possible ways to get the woman they are holding prisoner to talk, many related to the same memories surrounding the martial art skill he now possesses. However, such dark methods aren't what Grant would use. He has little use for bureaucratic laws such as turning her over to the Defenders and waiting for what they can get from her. He is much more inclined that people should no the difference between right and wrong organically, but rules have their place. He also has no problem lying or cheating someone who he has perceived as a threat to him and his family and friends. Here in the Heroes Haven, Grant shows restraint out of respect for Sir Ronith, but now more direct action is needed.

Looking at her belongings, he sees that she has equipment that matches what he himself can do.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 114% vs 1d100 = 1 | What is she?
Lore: D-Bees 109% vs 1d100 = 83 | What is she?
Lore: Magic General 109% vs 1d100 = 37 | What is she?
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 84% vs 1d100 = 17 | What is she?

Her aura is intriguing, She has both magical and psychic abilities much like my own, but overall, not normal, not human. He takes the time to view the aura of both Barracuda, Ashlynn, and Sir Ronith to provide some perspective on the differences. Her amount of magical energy she is storing is unusual for a non magic using being, if she has magic, why hasn't she tried to use it to escape? Could it be that she can't? But she does seem to know how to access it for powering techno-wizardry.

Weiss wrote:"If Grant take a group to search Whyne’s place or what is left of it if that is what went up in flames and her place at the Guild, the rest of us can see Fixer Jones regarding the private investigator and meet with the salvage experts. Get a better handle on this armour I took down. That would tell us more about whom we are up against. I could probably do with heading to the Northern Gun store to buy some gear. I suspect I need some better armour and weapons and some reloads for my missile launchers in case we run into more of those Power Armours."

He says to Sir Ronith, John and the others, "Ms Whyne has both psychic and magical potential, I'm am loathe to leave Ms Whyne here. We could go back and search the office we found her in as well, but I feel we need answers from her." He holds up the amulet, "This is enchanted to allow the owner to enchant someone to be more helpful, since she's willing to use this on others, I don't really have a problem, using the same magic on her." He finds Beltin, "Beltin, I am going to need your help while we make another attempt at getting information from Ms Whyne. I'll need you to read her mind once she's under my influence."

Weiss wrote:He fiddled with the card as he approached Grant and Beltin
“I just received this in the mail. The money on it will be useful, but with this note, I don’t know exactly where it came from. Would either of you be able to use the magic you used on the cards Whyne handed out on it?"

Grant doesn't reach for the card. He nods to it, "The magic I used on Whyne worked because I had met her before. An object read might learn something about the previous owner, but I'd defer to Beltin's superior skill. It's his provenance after all. Try not to handle it until he's able to examine it."

Eventually he comes back to Ms Whyne and holds up the amulet. "It's interesting that you'd have a magical item like this. I too find that waiting for someone to be helpful can be tiresome. So I ask again, will you tell us what we want to know?"

Knowing that she will remember his questions, he tells her, "I am sure that you have many secrets, those that do not relate to Professor McGrath and those involved in this mess are yours to keep."

Intelligence 67% vs 5d100:
62, 78, 63, 4, 65
| Validate her answers
Interrogation 84% vs 5d100:
22, 76, 69, 14, 78
| Ask the appropriate questions
Lore: Magic Recognize Enchantment 83% vs 5d100:
71, 52, 73, 65, 21
| Recognize if the magic is working

With the power of the ley line backing him, Grant casts Invulnerability (renewing as needed) upon himself and Beltin to protect themselves from her. He then casts Charm upon her as many times as necessary until it takes hold. He asks her to lower her mental defenses and has Beltin verify that she is no longer blocking them.

The mage asks both questions that he does and does not know the answer to so he can validate if the spell is working. He looks to Beltin to see He asks her the questions multiple times to ensure that her answers haven't changed and to leave out no details. He asks about her involvement, who else was involved and when they wanted, what she was looking for when we found her, and about what she is. Grant asks her what they should have asked about, but haven't.

Spells and Psionics Cast
  • Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation. Duration, range, and damage of psychic powers are doubled when within one mile of a nexus point. The protection provided by telekinetic force fields are also doubled (specific powers may have alternate rules).
  • Charm | 12 P.P.E. | BOM 104 | 30' | Save vs Spell Strength 14 | 14 min | Will believe/trust caster, will want to help and tell the truth with as much detail as requested. Will not act contrary to alignment or character.
  • Invulnerability | 25 P.P.E. | BOM 116 | Self | None | 3.5 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Info

Equipped Gear of Note
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 44
PER: 1d100 = 65 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Virtus wrote:"Sir Ronith, you see now what I meant about disaster befalling those who get tangled in this. Do you still wish to do so? I will understand if you don't. If this path does lead to Dwoemer, I don't know what will be waiting there."
Ronith doesn't miss a beat before replying, "These malefactors cannot be allowed to operate with impunity, either within MercTown or elsewhere. We have allies of our own in Dweomer upon whom we can call; this is not over yet. Not by a long shot."

Ronith calls the whole team together. "Unless your latest investigations have found actionable intelligence, it appears that our next move is Dweomer. Grant, would you be able to transport our APC? If so, we take it- it is large enough to accommodate all of us, and as secure as anything we might find along the way. We shall need a driver ((Beltin as an NPC if need be)); any of you who wish it may retrieve one of the hovercycles from storage and bring it along. The rest of you can crew the APC's communications and weapons system. Elizabeth, if you would not mind I would like you to join us. Whyne comes with us as well, under guard of course."

Ashlynn wrote:"You know... we could lie." She shrugs. "Tell her we'll let her go, gather up what info she has, and then... sorta... don't let her go. One of those, 'We said we'd let you go, but we didn't say when', dealies... Just a thought... had to just... say it. Y'know?" If Ronith looks angry, she says, "...sorry."
Ronith forces a smile and says, "There is nothing wrong with making suggestions Ashlynn- I do not expect mercenaries to become cyber-knights overnight. But you should know, that is not how Heroes for Hire operates so long as I am in command."

Weiss wrote:“Grant, when you were checking out her equipment, you mentioned that the amulet contained some sort of charm spell. Use it on her, get her to like us and spill the beans. As for Whyne, I hate to say, maybe we should ask the Defenders if they will provide some leniency, reduced sentence that sort of thing if Whyne provides information. She certainly doesn’t deserve to be let go.”
Ronith nods. "A sound suggestion. I am unable to penetrate her psionic defenses, and I suspect Beltin will not have much better luck. If it does not work, we can bring her along and see if another close encounter with her onetime allies convinces her to talk. But if she does not cooperate voluntarily, I see no need to intercede on her behalf with the Defenders. She is willing to use lives as bargaining chips; I have no sympathy for her."

Weiss wrote:“Sir Ronith, if Grant want to search around Whyne’s place, there are a few places I can go with another group to get further intel before we continue onto Dweomer, I assume by Rift or something judging by what Grant has been able to do so far."
Ronith nods again. "Agreed. Weiss, take Ashlynn and Barracuda with you. Grant, I shall go with you. Beltin and Zoe can stay here and keep an eye on Whyne." And Marit. "Finish any investigations you are conducting in town- any lead may be important, along with any other preparations you need. We meet back here and make for Dweomer once you are done."

Weiss wrote:"I do have a couple of contacts we could ask, but I wanted to run talking to them past you first Sir Ronith. I don’t know what this team’s relationship with certain people are and didn't want to cause problems."
Ronith frowns and shakes his head. "I know none of the people you mention; while it is possible they have heard of us, your own judgment should suffice to determine whether dropping the company name will help or hinder your efforts to glean actionable intelligence from your contacts. Proceed as you see fit."

If Beltin is unavailable for any reason, Ronith will offer to assist with the interrogation. Should Grant also suggest that Whyne come with them to search her place, Ronith will readily agree and take personal custody of the woman. If they manage to get the information they need out of her, Ronith will turn her over to the Defenders without delay. Otherwise, he will drag her back to the Haven and finish his own preparations for the trip to Dweomer (essentially, just moving his hovercycle into the APC cargo hold).
Status
ISP- 56/66; PPE- 57/57

Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Barracuda » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 67

Conditions
:arrow: Energy Absorbed: .25/7 Gigawatts

Weiss wrote:"I’m twelve,"

"Whoa, you're practically an old man!"
Weiss wrote:"don’t really have a lot of choice. Our home is gone, most of the people we lived with are dead or missing or scattered and my mum is … I don’t know where. My dad says this is a stop, place to catch our breath, make a new home perhaps that we can look for her from. My dad is already making plans; he knows people but he knows finding her will require money, which we didn’t have."

"I'm sorry man. That's really rough. My dad got killed by a bad man. And my mom is gone. It's all about finding family where you can. You've got a pretty cool dad. And this is a good place to make some money. Also, maybe we can help find your mom. We're pretty good at stuff like that."
Weiss wrote:"Is it true you’re the king of the world but you’re just slumming it at the moment?" he suddenly switched subjects, "my dad says you were."

Barracuda almost drops the piece of slagged armor he's holding as he turns around to look at Zac after what he just said. "Ha. Haha! Hahahahaha! Oh... Oh man... No. I'm not king of the world. I am a prince of the seas. But not these seas. I'm from another place. Like Mega...Like Ash over here. She thinks I should call myself Prince Barracuda. What do you think?"
Ronith wrote:
Weiss wrote:"Sir Ronith, if Grant want to search around Whyne’s place, there are a few places I can go with another group to get further intel before we continue onto Dweomer, I assume by Rift or something judging by what Grant has been able to do so far."
Ronith nods again. "Agreed. Weiss, take Ashlynn and Barracuda with you. Grant, I shall go with you. Beltin and Zoe can stay here and keep an eye on Whyne." And Marit. "Finish any investigations you are conducting in town- any lead may be important, along with any other preparations you need. We meet back here and make for Dweomer once you are done."

Enthusiastically, Barracuda shouts "Mission time! Yeah!" He looks around a little sheepishly and says "Sorry. Excited."
Barracuda

Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:28 pm

(rolls carried)

Ronith wrote:Ronith calls the whole team together. "Unless your latest investigations have found actionable intelligence, it appears that our next move is Dweomer. Grant, would you be able to transport our APC? If so, we take it- it is large enough to accommodate all of us, and as secure as anything we might find along the way. We shall need a driver ((Beltin as an NPC if need be)); any of you who wish it may retrieve one of the hovercycles from storage and bring it along. The rest of you can crew the APC's communications and weapons system. Elizabeth, if you would not mind I would like you to join us. Whyne comes with us as well, under guard of course."

Grant asks about the size of the APC (assuming it's actually in the storage area on the outskirts of Merc-Town, and not in the garage), "How large is the vehicle?"

Upon learning that the vehicle is huge, Grant does a short walk in a circle thinking, I can't outright teleport it, even using the nexus here, but a true dimensional portal should be possible. I won't be able to hold it open for more than a minute or two, but that should be enough time for it to drive through it. He answers the cyber-knight, "As long as we can drive onto part of the ley line leading out of MercTown, I should be able to facilitate the transport."

Ronith wrote:
Weiss wrote:“Sir Ronith, if Grant want to search around Whyne’s place, there are a few places I can go with another group to get further intel before we continue onto Dweomer, I assume by Rift or something judging by what Grant has been able to do so far."

Once the interrogation is done, he steps out of the room. "That was hard work." He rubs his hands on his pants and then casts Cleanse to restore his clothes. "I would keep her blindfolded and possibly gagged so she can't speak. She makes her living gaining people's trust, her words are probably just as dangerous as any spell."

Info

Equipped Gear of Note
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67 /72%
JIC: 1d20 = 8| 1d100 = 22%
In the morning, Marit's improved vigor gives wings to Beltin's own mood. His grim demeanor shifts to relief and as the worry fades, his ability to focus on the tasks at hand strengthen. He can be found in the kitchen in the morning having a hearty breakfast after a rough night.

When Ronith catches him, Beltin nods in agreement with the cyberknight's concerns about Whyne's interrogation, "I think that we can certainly try. She seems to be a bit of an enigma and could be much more than she seems. Since she has knowledge and ability in both arcane and psionics, we should be cautious as her bravado may in fact be based on skill and experience. She would likely have the ability to resist every attempt I make to extract information from her mind. I have also heard that those well trained... similar to Amie, are actually able to train their mind to be more slippery but infusing falsehoods among facts, tainting any intelligence gathered by force. Our best bet would likely be to convince her to work with us in this endeavor... Currently, I don't fully understand her reluctance except that perhaps she worries about some force greater than her being displeased with such actions."

Not long after his discussion with their leader, Beltin will make his way down to where Whyne is being held to either join or relieve whomever is guarding her.

Virtus wrote:She doesn't speak to many people but seems to talk idly to Beltin. "Heroes for Hire is talented indeed. Their reputation is well founded. I have no ill will against any of you. Though I doubt you would believe me. If you pursue them, you are going to have to develop new skills. You have suspicion and that's good. But suspicion is a raw material. You have to work it and turn it into a usable product."

"I'm afraid I don't understand." Beltin replies. His tone suggests though that her words are not entirely foreign to him as they echo an internal voice that has been bouncing around his head in light of recent developments. Whether or not she continues to clarify, Beltin will also follow with his main concern related to a retraining, "Besides, there simply isn't time for me to refine such skills. My team, my family, need me here and now. I cannot simply abandon them with so many hidden dangers for some future promise that I will better be able to solve situations." Even those without psychic ability are able to read Beltin's uncertainty in the matter. He clearly wishes to better develop himself in the way that Whyne suggests, but cannot see the logistical solution to how to make that happen.

If during the conversation, Whyne suggests that she herself has the skills that she speaks of, Beltin will ask for clarification. Once she clarifies, Beltin will ask politely if he can temporarily 'try-on' the skill ((Mimic Skills. -10 ISP)) in question to get a glimpse of what she means. Should it become obvious that Whyne is the key to both solving their mystery and to his career dilemma, Beltin will take the only route he sees as feasible.

With great humility, Beltin will try to appeal to Whyne's compassion, "You have within you both knowledge and power. Through that lens, you have come to the conclusion that this is a fight that Heroes for Hire is ill-equipped to handle. Based on our performance so far..." The young mind melter pauses in pained reflection of the explosion and disaster narrowly-avoided, "I am inclined to agree with you. But this is where Heroes for Hire would diverge from a traditional mercenary group. It may very well be a bad choice to continue to pursuit. But you cannot disagree that it is the morally right one. Given the choice of doing what is right versus what is convenient, Heroes for Hire will choose right one hundred percent of the time. It is one of our founding tenants. And is what we will do that others will not."

Beltin's gaze falls to the floor as he continues, "We will venture into hazard's way. With our without your help. Likely, you know this already. Or at least will have deduced it."

Here, the pause seems to stick in Beltin's throat as he is unsure how to humble himself in what is ultimately a selfish ask, "We would certainly greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter as I believe it would dramatically improve our odds. And I would personally appreciate any lessons you might be willing to give along the way... Because I am in agreement with you, that I need to undergo a refining process to better serve those we try to help and those closest to me." Beltin fights hard not to give an open-ended bargain, essentially offering whatever she might want in exchange for this favor, because he knows the stories of how such bargains are repaid.

Regardless the outcome of his conversation with Whyne, Beltin will join the rest of the squad. If Whyne is interrogated (either with Grant's re-use of Whyne's own trinket against her), Beltin will privately voice his concerns of trying to coerce information out of her, but will otherwise give his best effort to penetrate her psychic fortress in an effort to extract the information ((I believe she gets a save vs psionics every time an effort to extract information via Telepathy: Superior is made)).

When Ronith calls the briefing, Beltin attends and agrees with Ronith's deployment assignment.
Beltin Delhomme - H4H's psychic Swiss-army knife | Explorer Points

Status
    -N-F20A Medium Force Field [off] (75/75 MDC)
    -NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
    ISP: 258/258

Constant effects
Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)

Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 am

(rolls carried over)

Sir Ronith wrote:"There is nothing wrong with making suggestions Ashlynn- I do not expect mercenaries to become cyber-knights overnight. But you should know, that is not how Heroes for Hire operates so long as I am in command."

Looking Sheepish, Ashlynn nods. "Yes, sir."

Sir Ronith wrote: "Agreed. Weiss, take Ashlynn and Barracuda with you. Grant, I shall go with you. Beltin and Zoe can stay here and keep an eye on Whyne." And Marit. "Finish any investigations you are conducting in town- any lead may be important, along with any other preparations you need. We meet back here and make for Dweomer once you are done."

Barracuda wrote:"Mission time! Yeah! ... Sorry. Excited."

Ash grins and nudges Barracuda's elbow. When he looks at her, she smiles knowingly and nods. "Let's go do the thing at the place."

After a moment she looks horrified. "That came out wrong."

Deeply embarrassed, she gathers her equipment and makes herself ready to accompany Weiss and Barracuda on a mission.
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 8:30am
Ley Line within 1 mile
Heavy radio traffic
numerous magics in use

Grant and Beltin's interrogation gets serious. Faced with the charm medallion and the offer to share information without it, she says "I cannot willingly allow my thoughts to be probed. Without that, you'd not believe anything I say anyhow." she says, resigned to the path this was going to follow. Grant, getting down to brass tacks, uses the amulet.

Third time's the charm, so the expression says. Grant watches carefully to see when the effect actually takes hold. It does. Her whole posture changes. She is still guarded but her eyes seem to engage Grant's.

He asks her to lower her mental defenses. "This is something I cannot do, even for you. I am bound by my word. You will have to wait until I fail from exhaustion. When I make a contract I keep it. It doesn't make sense to most but I believe Sir Ronith can understand. Our baselines are a bit different though."

He asks her about her involvement. "I am a private eye and sometimes spy." she says in an uncharacteristically sing-songy way. Her expression becomes a little more somber as she explains. "Basically I find people or info for money. And, if I do say so myself I am good at it. Assuming you mean my involvement with these guys? They made contact with me over a year ago. And by they I mean the demon men, the Sunaj. They work for beings out of the east. I already knew more about them than I wanted so I didn't ask any questions. Their money spends the same. They wanted me to keep tabs on a professor here in Merctown. That professor is of course McGrath. So I got a job at the College and followed Connor, observing him. He is a weird man and suspicious himself. He knew that he was being scryed and observed through many means including electronic. For some people electronic surveillance is less detectable than magic or psionic. His paranoia is on a whole different level. Well, I guess you can't really call it paranoia, can you? I can't tell you what I learned or what I passed to them since they paid for that information. But I can say he proved a hard nut to crack as he had thwarted every move I made. I had to out flank him so to speak. So I planted those cards in Belara's house, in his class room, on a couple of his students and that Larmac. Belara had started helping Connor with some research. During that time my clients grew ecstatic. McGrath and Belara met several times. The book I had planted a bug in was borrowed by your Zoe. So I had to rely on more time consuming methods. I never got a chance to plant another.

"Shortly after something must have happened because McGrath got spooked. That's when I lost him. He couldn't have take more than the clothes on the back with him or the Larmac for that matter. I couldn't find him with anything. Not even psionics and magic could find him. The Larmac I had nothing on and couldn't trace him via that route. So I concluded my contract as I could no longer provide information."

"So, I was about ready to scuttle my gig at the College when at my downtown office, in walks Elizabeth."
she says. Seeing what's likely to be puzzled faces, she adds quietly, "I'm a Changeling. Shara is me. Well, to be truthful, Shara was a friend. My only friend. After she died, I just... kept her alive so to speak." she is quiet for a moment before continuing.

"She wanted me to find her husband. It was perfect. I was already on the trail. Almost too good to be true for me. So, I ended up keeping Whyne alive. Then shortly after that my clients came back and asked me to keep an ear to the ground for any mention of McGrath. So I dropped ears around Merctown. Again, there is info I cannot share with you, but needless to say it was hard to get anything usable. To be honest, it was close to a dead end until your group got involved. The concluded our contract a day ago. After which they stole my receiver for my ears. Not only did they take my main one, but they thought to ransack my hub office for any backups, which they found." she says.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 pm

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 46 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 14

As Ashlynn gets together with Barracuda and Weiss to go to Fixer Jones' place, she mentions to Weiss, "By the way... did I hear right that you salvaged a 'bot? If you need help stripping and selling it, I have some experience with that." She smiles.

She remembers watching over Hagbard's shoulder as a kid, watching him strip damaged machines down to the basics, pull out what still worked, and recycle the rest. He had eventually relented and taught her the basics. I'd be glad to put those skills to use to help Weiss make some cred.

One the three of them are ready, Ashlynn proceeds with them to Jones' place, keeping her head on a swivel for assaults, runaway trucks, or possible roadside bombs. "Keep alert, guys... bad guys could be waiting to hit us." As they drive, if anyone looks suspicious or out of place (and she's thinking specifically of the hooded individuals she saw outside the Heroes Haven), she will try to ID them.

I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 54 (SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 72 (FAIL)
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 29 (SUCCESS)

Keeping an eye out, she makes idle chatter. A lot of it. "So... it's Dweomer after this? I was in Dweomer once, but I was a real young kid. They had a really neat market but I wasn't allowed to touch anything. It was funny, as we went through Ishmael held one of my hands and Hagbard the other, and they were both grumpy the whole time for some reason. I hope we end up with some time to shop. If the markets are still like they were there's just TONS of neat stuff there. Do you think they take NG scrip? Half my cash is in NG scrip. Although as I said to Zac, I'm gonna pitch in to help find your mom. That's what I said to him, I'm not looking for YOUR moms. One mom is enough. So I figure I got about a thousand cred to spend, and the rest put aside? I dunno what Dweomer has that I can get... probably shouldn't shop before we even get there, though. Hagbard had a funny little saying about counting eggs but I never could figure out what the heck he was talking about and now I'm hungry for eggs."

"Or chicken. I once went to a restaurant where they had a dish called 'mother and son' and it was chicken and egg with rice and I about puked but it was delicious. I could go for that. A fried chicken sandwich with a fried egg on it would also be keen. That'd hit the spot right now. But not a runny egg... I like mine over hard. They're better on a sandwich when they're not dripping yolk all over the place, don't you think? I do. What do you think we'll find out at Jones'? Any idea what we're looking for?"

After a moment she adds, "Now that we're hired and we technically have a home maybe I should get some stuff of my own. I could get used to owning things. D'you think Sir Ronith'll let me get a pet? OOH! Maybe I'll get a dinosaur! Maybe they sell dinosaurs somewhere for cheap." Turning to Barracuda, she asks "Does Heroes 4 Hire pay well? I mean, I'm keeping the job whatever it pays but it's better to know than to not, y'know? I mean if I can afford a dinosaur it might be nice to know so's I can prepare a stable for it or whatever. A nest. A roost. Or whatever it is dinos need. I bet they eat a lot. If you buy a dino you better have the cred to keep them fed. That rhymes. If they get hungry no doubt they'll just grab and eat whatever's handy and that could get ya in trouble with the defenders, y'know. Maybe a dinosaur isn't my best idea."
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:53 am

Perception 1d100 = 47
JIC 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 45

Grant Latham wrote:Grant doesn't reach for the card. He nods to it, "The magic I used on Whyne worked because I had met her before. An object read might learn something about the previous owner, but I'd defer to Beltin's superior skill. It's his provenance after all. Try not to handle it until he's able to examine it."

“Gotcha,” Weiss nodded and dropped the card back in the envelope just to be safe, joining the note he’d left in there.

Barracuda wrote:"Whoa, you're practically an old man!"

“Twenty, that’s old. I’m in my prime.” Zac looked sure of himself, though he’d just insulted Barracuda without realising.

Barracuda wrote:"I'm sorry man. That's really rough. My dad got killed by a bad man. And my mom is gone. It's all about finding family where you can. You've got a pretty cool dad. And this is a good place to make some money. Also, maybe we can help find your mom. We're pretty good at stuff like that."

Zac’s look said please I hope so.
"What happened to your mum?" Did she disappear as well?

Barracuda wrote:Barracuda almost drops the piece of slagged armor he's holding as he turns around to look at Zac after what he just said. "Ha. Haha! Hahahahaha! Oh... Oh man... No. I'm not king of the world. I am a prince of the seas. But not these seas. I'm from another place. Like Mega...Like Ash over here. She thinks I should call myself Prince Barracuda. What do you think?"

Zac looked him in the eye and thought about it for a second, giving it some serious consideration.
“It makes you sound like a wannabe,” he replied, “you want something that stands out and is strong. Barracuda, Prince of the Seas!! Say it like you mean it. Tell them who you are. Make them know your power!”

Ronith wrote:Ronith calls the whole team together. "Unless your latest investigations have found actionable intelligence, it appears that our next move is Dweomer. Grant, would you be able to transport our APC? If so, we take it- it is large enough to accommodate all of us, and as secure as anything we might find along the way. We shall need a driver ((Beltin as an NPC if need be)); any of you who wish it may retrieve one of the hovercycles from storage and bring it along. The rest of you can crew the APC's communications and weapons system. Elizabeth, if you would not mind I would like you to join us. Whyne comes with us as well, under guard of course."

Grant Latham wrote:Grant asks about the size of the APC (assuming it's actually in the storage area on the outskirts of Merc-Town, and not in the garage), "How large is the vehicle?"

Upon learning that the vehicle is huge, Grant does a short walk in a circle thinking, I can't outright teleport it, even using the nexus here, but a true dimensional portal should be possible. I won't be able to hold it open for more than a minute or two, but that should be enough time for it to drive through it. He answers the cyber-knight, "As long as we can drive onto part of the ley line leading out of MercTown, I should be able to facilitate the transport."

“It’s downstairs in the garage. I was admiring it yesterday. I can drive it and operate the weapons. Not my main forte, but if nobody else can, I can handle it. Ash I believe you have some training on the weapons. Don’t know on everyone else in terms of skill set for what you need assigning to. Presumably the long termers here have a preference.” He let the others chip in with their preferred assignments before continuing.
“If the plan is to open up a rift outside of Merctown, the APC is big enough to transport the Blue Beauty as well. She still needs some repairs from our little firefight outside of town, but if I can grab a few spare parts lying around, I should be able to patch her up a bit whilst we are in Dweomer. In fact, I’m looking forward to going. A new sight I certainly haven’t seen before.”

Zac opened his mouth as if to say something before Weiss interrupted his son.
“No Zac, this won’t be a joyride. You’re staying here where it is …safe.” He almost tripped on the word after yesterday, but it was likely to safer with Elizabeth coming with them and not here, “After we’re done with this job, maybe we can get Grant to show us around. Somebody said you were there recently yourself.” Zac pouted and sat down, ignoring his dad.

Ronith wrote:Ronith nods again. "Agreed. Weiss, take Ashlynn and Barracuda with you. Grant, I shall go with you. Beltin and Zoe can stay here and keep an eye on Whyne." And Marit. "Finish any investigations you are conducting in town- any lead may be important, along with any other preparations you need. We meet back here and make for Dweomer once you are done."

Barracuda wrote:Enthusiastically, Barracuda shouts "Mission time! Yeah!" He looks around a little sheepishly and says "Sorry. Excited."

Ashlynn wrote:Ash grins and nudges Barracuda's elbow. When he looks at her, she smiles knowingly and nods. "Let's go do the thing at the place."

After a moment she looks horrified. "That came out wrong."

Deeply embarrassed, she gathers her equipment and makes herself ready to accompany Weiss and Barracuda on a mission.

Weiss raised an eyebrow and decided not to say anything. Instead he focused on what they needed
"Grab what gear you need. Hopefully no combat will occur, but you never know. Ash, you ask around, see if you can find us a suitable salvage expert who might be able to help ID the remains. We will need to swing by the Blue Beauty to transfer the images on the computers to help with the IDing."

Ronith wrote:Ronith frowns and shakes his head. "I know none of the people you mention; while it is possible they have heard of us, your own judgment should suffice to determine whether dropping the company name will help or hinder your efforts to glean actionable intelligence from your contacts. Proceed as you see fit."

"Ser Ronith, while we are at it, do you want us to sell the salvage? Can finance this job from that for now. We reckon somewhere in the region of a couple of mil we can get for it. If nothing else, I can get a quote from them what we'd get?"

Ashlynn wrote:As Ashlynn gets together with Barracuda and Weiss to go to Fixer Jones' place, she mentions to Weiss, "By the way... did I hear right that you salvaged a 'bot? If you need help stripping and selling it, I have some experience with that." She smiles.

"We did, in fact I was counting on it. We will be going to a slavage expert about it and could do with some help getting a price from them for it."
Last edited by Weiss on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Grant Latham » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:31 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 71
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 48

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

• Immune to Possession
  • Spell Range doubled
Stats

Whyne wrote:He asks her to lower her mental defenses. "This is something I cannot do, even for you. I am bound by my word. You will have to wait until I fail from exhaustion. When I make a contract I keep it. It doesn't make sense to most but I believe Sir Ronith can understand. Our baselines are a bit different though."

Grant nods and says, "Oh, I understand alright. It's why I said we wouldn't pry into your activities beyond what involves us."

Lore: Demons & Monsters 114% vs 1d100 = 88 What does Grant know about the Sunaj?
Lore: D-Bees 109% vs 1d100 = 23 What does Grant know about the Sunaj?

Whyne wrote:He asks her about her involvement. "I am a private eye and sometimes spy." she says in an uncharacteristically sing-songy way. Her expression becomes a little more somber as she explains. "Basically I find people or info for money. And, if I do say so myself I am good at it. Assuming you mean my involvement with these guys? They made contact with me over a year ago. And by they I mean the demon men, the Sunaj. They work for beings out of the east. I already knew more about them than I wanted so I didn't ask any questions.

The mage listens to Whyne's explanation of what her part in the affair was. Even with magic wanting her to help me she is still evasive. Still, a name, the Sunaj, I've heard that name, but connected with Atlantis to the south, and she says they are working out of the east. Grant spots an opening in what, that he can take advantage of, [b]"You said you knew more that you wanted prior to your contract with the Sunaj, what do you know? Telling us can't impinge on your agreement, as you already knew it prior to it."

Whyne wrote:"So, I was about ready to scuttle my gig at the College when at my downtown office, in walks Elizabeth." she says. Seeing what's likely to be puzzled faces, she adds quietly, "I'm a Changeling. Shara is me. Well, to be truthful, Shara was a friend. My only friend. After she died, I just... kept her alive so to speak." she is quiet for a moment before continuing.

Taking a comforting tone, Grant responds, "I understand the desire to keep the memory of someone close alive." A Changeling! There was a lecture at the University about them, they are shapeshifters. She could have multiple identities in here in MercTown and beyond. That plus her psychic and magical potential makes her a cunning adversary. She probably expected to be able to just fade away. "Do you think your employers knew about your ability to shape change?"

Whyne wrote:"They concluded our contract a day ago. After which they stole my receiver for my ears. Not only did they take my main one, but they thought to ransack my hub office for any backups, which they found."[/b] she says.

Grant stops himself from shaking his head, and says instead, "So they took your back ups, was that all you were looking for in your office? You seem pretty cany, did you keep any back up anywhere else in Merctown."

Once the interrogation is concluded, he relays what he has learned to the rest of the group, concluding with, "Other than telling us that she was hired by the Sunaj, she doesn't appear to know what Professor MacGrath was researching, and it would appear that he has escaped their clutches for now."

Later after the interrogation.

Weiss wrote:“It’s downstairs in the garage. I was admiring it yesterday. I can drive it and operate the weapons. Not my main forte, but if nobody else can, I can handle it. Ash I believe you have some training on the weapons. Don’t know on everyone else in terms of skill set for what you need assigning to. Presumably the long termers here have a preference.” He let the others chip in with their preferred assignments before continuing.
“If the plan is to open up a rift outside of Merctown, the APC is big enough to transport the Blue Beauty as well. She still needs some repairs from our little firefight outside of town, but if I can grab a few spare parts lying around, I should be able to patch her up a bit whilst we are in Dweomer. In fact, I’m looking forward to going. A new sight I certainly haven’t seen before.”

"Hmm, that is big, if it can store your robot, still shouldn't be a problem." Grant thinks a bit, "And you say your robot was damaged? Without your timely arrival, Yanso, Barric, and I would have been whisked off to some slave market most likely by those Sunaj. Any damage to the armor plating on the outside I might be able to repair magically. Normally it'd be an almost impossible task, but with access to a ley line and a relatively short period of time compared to going to a conventional repair center, its possible."

Later, later.

Grant prepares to head back to Whyne's office with Sir Ronith. Outfitted in his body armor and side arm, he looks at his heavy pack and thinks back on how much has changed when his thoughts are interrupted with a memory of fighting robots in a giant hallway, no a spaceship! We need to hold this position, we can't let them get past us or the Devourer will invade Earth and all will be lost. Hurry up Ecks and Sorrenson! When Silhouette isn't 'acting' she is quite effective with her magic. I hope Echo and the Lieutenant don't run out of ammo. The memory fades and Grant puts a hand to his head as he tries to shake the image loose. To himself, alone in the room, he says, "That wasn't an 'other' memory, I'm in that memory, I feel like it's almost whole, and then it will all make sense."

Spells and Psionics Cast

Info

Equipped Gear of Note
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:57 pm

Ronith wrote:Ronith doesn't miss a beat before replying, "These malefactors cannot be allowed to operate with impunity, either within MercTown or elsewhere. We have allies of our own in Dweomer upon whom we can call; this is not over yet. Not by a long shot."

Ronith calls the whole team together. "Unless your latest investigations have found actionable intelligence, it appears that our next move is Dweomer. Grant, would you be able to transport our APC? If so, we take it- it is large enough to accommodate all of us, and as secure as anything we might find along the way. We shall need a driver ((Beltin as an NPC if need be)); any of you who wish it may retrieve one of the hovercycles from storage and bring it along. The rest of you can crew the APC's communications and weapons system. Elizabeth, if you would not mind I would like you to join us. Whyne comes with us as well, under guard of course."

Elizabeth nods but doesn't smile. "Yes, I will go. If that is where this leads then I will be there even if it proves to be the end."

Beltin wrote:With great humility, Beltin will try to appeal to Whyne's compassion, "You have within you both knowledge and power. Through that lens, you have come to the conclusion that this is a fight that Heroes for Hire is ill-equipped to handle. Based on our performance so far..." The young mind melter pauses in pained reflection of the explosion and disaster narrowly-avoided, "I am inclined to agree with you. But this is where Heroes for Hire would diverge from a traditional mercenary group. It may very well be a bad choice to continue to pursuit. But you cannot disagree that it is the morally right one. Given the choice of doing what is right versus what is convenient, Heroes for Hire will choose right one hundred percent of the time. It is one of our founding tenants. And is what we will do that others will not."

Whyne shakes her head. Under the influence of the charm she is perhaps more somber that normal. "I don't go on quests. The only wrongs I'm concerned with righting is an empty wallet. I'm not opposed to helping people per se but it doesn't put a roof over your head. Not to mention I have enough trouble taking care of me, let alone anyone else. It's the way of the world. But it looks like I am going on quest this time whether I like it or not. There may be no time to train so you better start now."

"So they took your back ups, was that all you were looking for in your office? You seem pretty cany, did you keep any back up anywhere else in Merctown."

"Yes. I have some in Kingsdale, the Burbs, and New Lazlo. The problem is that each card has an encrypted ID. Unless I were to sync another receiver to one of the old ones, it would be quite difficult. A needle in a haystack situation."

When Grant asks more about the beings out east, she replies "I can tell you more. Sometimes less is more. The Sunaj are a lot like playing with dynamite. Effective but if you are careless... They pay well, but they have nasty habit of trying to erase any signs of them being there. They work for things called the Splugorth. There are many of them. I didn't ask which one these guys belonged to because I didn't want to know. The more you know, the more of a liability you are.

Elsewhere

Weiss, Ashlynn and Barracuda meet with O'Grady's. The grumpy old man grunts as a form of greeting. The old goat goes over what you have found. "That's from out east. Atlantis and there abouts. Rare, well what's left is rare. I've only seen part of one once before. Odd tech. Looking to sell? I'll give you 1.5 million right now." he says eyeing you shrewdly.

((if anyone has roadwise or other applicable bargaining skills, now is the time))

Ronith lays down order to prepare for Dwoemer.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Weiss » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:22 am

Perception 32% 1d100 = 55
JIC 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 12

Grant Latham wrote:Once the interrogation is concluded, he relays what he has learned to the rest of the group, concluding with, "Other than telling us that she was hired by the Sunaj, she doesn't appear to know what Professor MacGrath was researching, and it would appear that he has escaped their clutches for now."

As Grant explained what they had learned
“Then a trip to Fixer Jones is probably not needed, though we should probably follow up later.The fact she can’t tell us, I wonder if this is a condition of whatever contract she signed or maybe some kind of geas.” If anybody queries Weiss’ knowledge of the term, he relates a little story.

“Knew a guy who was under one of those. Had to dance naked every full moon to keep his magic or so he told us. Could easily been pulling our legs.”

Grant Latham wrote:"Hmm, that is big, if it can store your robot, still shouldn't be a problem." Grant thinks a bit, "And you say your robot was damaged? Without your timely arrival, Yanso, Barric, and I would have been whisked off to some slave market most likely by those Sunaj. Any damage to the armor plating on the outside I might be able to repair magically. Normally it'd be an almost impossible task, but with access to a ley line and a relatively short period of time compared to going to a conventional repair center, its possible."

"Well, considering your display of power out there, I’m sure you had it well in hand. Might just have taken you longer." Weiss deflected, honestly not feeling like he'd been the big damn hero, "Some repairs would be handy though thank you. Never seen somebody do repairs to a robot using magic before. Can’t be all that common a spell.”

It would be interesting to see the effects on a robot from magic like that. I wonder if it affects the inherent structure or just rearranges the plating and wiring back to where it should be. He made a note on his computer, alongside a few texts to pick up to brush up on robots and the mechanical and electrical side of things.

Ashlynn wrote:After a moment she adds, "Now that we're hired and we technically have a home maybe I should get some stuff of my own. I could get used to owning things. D'you think Sir Ronith'll let me get a pet? OOH! Maybe I'll get a dinosaur! Maybe they sell dinosaurs somewhere for cheap." Turning to Barracuda, she asks "Does Heroes 4 Hire pay well? I mean, I'm keeping the job whatever it pays but it's better to know than to not, y'know? I mean if I can afford a dinosaur it might be nice to know so's I can prepare a stable for it or whatever. A nest. A roost. Or whatever it is dinos need. I bet they eat a lot. If you buy a dino you better have the cred to keep them fed. That rhymes. If they get hungry no doubt they'll just grab and eat whatever's handy and that could get ya in trouble with the defenders, y'know. Maybe a dinosaur isn't my best idea."

Weiss blinked as he drove the truck with Barracuda and Ashlynn riding alongside.
Ashlynn with a dinosaur; oh lord help us

“I don’t remember them being generally for sale here in Merctown. Maybe out west near Silverado or I’ve heard that the South East has a lot of them."

Virtus wrote:Weiss, Ashlynn and Barracuda meet with O'Grady's. The grumpy old man grunts as a form of greeting. The old goat goes over what you have found. "That's from out east. Atlantis and there abouts. Rare, well what's left is rare. I've only seen part of one once before. Odd tech. Looking to sell? I'll give you 1.5 million right now." he says eyeing you shrewdly.

“1.5 million you say, for a rare set of armour like this? Nobody else is going to have access to pieces like this. With collectors and the like, you can easily name your price. Heck, brand new, this would have been probably worth more than most power armours or even some robots."

OOC Comments
Trust 30% 1d100 = 79 Mostly trying to sweeten him up to make it easier for Ashlynn to bargain with him, get him back up at least the 2 mil.

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:38 am

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 36

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 43

grumps wrote:"That's from out east. Atlantis and there abouts. Rare, well what's left is rare. I've only seen part of one once before. Odd tech. Looking to sell? I'll give you 1.5 million right now."

Ashlynn's face remains impassive as she jumps up and down internally. This is not her first negotiation, but an opening offer of 1.5 million is almost unheard-of. She sighs, folds her arms, and gives the salvaged tech a once-over.

Recycle 70% 1d100 = 98 (approximate value if it was just scrapped for parts - FAIL)
Recycle 70% 1d100 = 73 (FAIL)
Salvage 40% 1d100 = 35 (approximate value if repaired - SUCCEED)

If it's really from Atlantis, then 1.6 is a real low-ball offer, even for scrap. A used bot's worth about half the cost of a new one, and I doubt these go for less than 10 million new. Ashlynn nods at the man's offer. "That's a fair offer... for a junked bot you're selling for parts. This is worth more than that. Much more. Refurbished, I reckon it'd go for at least 5 million. We'll let it go for 3."
Ashlynn

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Ashlynn