The Long Shadows of Twilight

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Virtus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:04 pm

O'Grady eyes Ashlynn with the same sort of sinew piercing gaze she often employs. "This here's a pile of scrap. But if what you say is true, I'll give you five and a half mil IF you refurbish it. But guessing you aren't going to refurbish it yourself and instead want me to take this pile of junk and try to make something of it, I'd say three mil would be awfully generous of me. I'll give you two mil if you want to work this old man over like that." he says wearing a dejected look that would be comical if anyone knows his usual cut throat mannerisms.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Virtus wrote:"This here's a pile of scrap. But if what you say is true, I'll give you five and a half mil IF you refurbish it. But guessing you aren't going to refurbish it yourself and instead want me to take this pile of junk and try to make something of it, I'd say three mil would be awfully generous of me. I'll give you two mil if you want to work this old man over like that."


Ashlynn gives him the ol' eyeball, recognizing a kindred spirit.

Eyeball a Fella 68% 1d100 = 31 (SUCCEED)

Two million's a much better offer. Lemme see if I can squeeze a few more cred out of him.

She smiles at him and says "2.5 might be more like it"

Charm/Impress: 50% 1d100 = 97 (FAIL)

Realizing her offer might strike a sour note, she throws in, "For 2.5 we'll give you this, and we'll be sure to stop here first with any new salvage we bring in."

Charm/Impress: 50% 1d100 = 47 (SUCCEED)

Barter 66% 1d100 = 81 (FAIL)
Barter 66% 1d100 = 57 (SUCCEED)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/40
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Barracuda » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 39

Haven
Ashlynn AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar wrote:After a moment she adds, "Now that we're hired and we technically have a home maybe I should get some stuff of my own. I could get used to owning things. D'you think Sir Ronith'll let me get a pet? OOH! Maybe I'll get a dinosaur! Maybe they sell dinosaurs somewhere for cheap." Turning to Barracuda, she asks "Does Heroes 4 Hire pay well? I mean, I'm keeping the job whatever it pays but it's better to know than to not, y'know? I mean if I can afford a dinosaur it might be nice to know so's I can prepare a stable for it or whatever. A nest. A roost. Or whatever it is dinos need. I bet they eat a lot. If you buy a dino you better have the cred to keep them fed. That rhymes. If they get hungry no doubt they'll just grab and eat whatever's handy and that could get ya in trouble with the defenders, y'know. Maybe a dinosaur isn't my best idea."


"If I know Ronith at all, he'll prefer that you keep a smaller and less awesome pet around. Like a rabbit. Or a chicken. As far as pay, I'm definitely not complaining. We get taken care of, get to live in this big old house rent free, and we get a cut of the earnings as well. Still not sure if it's dinosaur money or not."

Zac wrote:
Barracuda wrote:"Whoa, you're practically an old man!"
“Twenty, that’s old. I’m in my prime.” Zac looked sure of himself, though he’d just insulted Barracuda without realising.
Damn, kid. "Well, be sure you use it well. You've got the entire world at your disposal, Zac."

Weiss wrote:
Barracuda wrote:"I'm sorry man. That's really rough. My dad got killed by a bad man. And my mom is gone. It's all about finding family where you can. You've got a pretty cool dad. And this is a good place to make some money. Also, maybe we can help find your mom. We're pretty good at stuff like that."

Zac’s look said please I hope so.
"What happened to your mum?" Did she disappear as well?

Barracuda's shoulders drop a little as he recalls his mother's face and the corn pudding she used to make. "No, she lived to a good old age. She survived the encounter with... with Radout and Tempest. The men who killed my father for some money. Years and years later, she was old and it was her time. When she went, she revealed the biggest secret about my life to date. About how I was found and... Sorry man, boring stuff. But she's gone now."

Weiss wrote:
Barracuda wrote:Barracuda almost drops the piece of slagged armor he's holding as he turns around to look at Zac after what he just said. "Ha. Haha! Hahahahaha! Oh... Oh man... No. I'm not king of the world. I am a prince of the seas. But not these seas. I'm from another place. Like Mega...Like Ash over here. She thinks I should call myself Prince Barracuda. What do you think?"

Zac looked him in the eye and thought about it for a second, giving it some serious consideration.
“It makes you sound like a wannabe,” he replied, “you want something that stands out and is strong. Barracuda, Prince of the Seas!! Say it like you mean it. Tell them who you are. Make them know your power!”

Turning away from Zac so he doesn't injure the young man's ears, Barracuda stands a top the bot and proclaims loudly (using his Warp Sound ability) "I am Barracuda! Prince of the Seas!" Turning back to Zac he asks, "How was that?"

O'Grady's
Barracuda watches as Ashlynn and Weiss go back and forth, working on O'Grady to get the price they want for the armor. He almost steps in when the price dips to 1.5 million credits, but watches as the two successfully bring it back up to at least 2 million. They don't need me here. I wonder what kind of stuff they've got in this place. Barracuda's eye wanders around to see what things are for sale at O'Grady's.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ronith » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 47
PER: 1d100 = 79 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Intelligence- 1d100 = 36 vs. 96%
Trap/Mine Detection- 1d100 = 96 vs. 86%
Find Contraband/Weapons/Cybernetics- 1d100 = 36 vs. 76%
Detect Concealment- 1d100 = 83 vs. 86%
All for searching Whyne's quarters.

Weiss wrote:"Ser Ronith, while we are at it, do you want us to sell the salvage? Can finance this job from that for now. We reckon somewhere in the region of a couple of mil we can get for it. If nothing else, I can get a quote from them what we'd get?"
Ronith shrugs. "Heroes for Hire has a very loose policy on salvage. You can do with the salvage as you see fit. If you wish to refit it for your own use, or to sell it for a more substantial amount and claim the difference for yourself, I have no objection. The team is well-off enough to cover any incidentals in the meantime."

Ronith will give Beltin and Grant the room for their interrogation (unless they believe his presence would be helpful, or at least not detrimental). When he hears, or is relayed, Whyne's response he sighs. Curious. She would condemn an innocent man to protect herself, but she will not violate her oath. Aloud, Ronith merely says quietly "Even if it were possible for magic to do so, I will not compel another to break her word of honor. Assuming you believe her, we shall have to make do with what she has confessed."

When the Sunaj are revealed as agents as the Splugorth, Ronith stiffens. Wonderful. Surely, it could not be Gifthabak, could it? No- we killed him and destroyed his base. And we were not sought by these assassins until my little errand for Zoe caught us in their scheme. Perhaps a rival High Lord or other powerful minion. His thoughts swirling with memories of their confrontation with the insane, former high lord, Ronith remains largely silent and preoccupied as he and Grant return to the mages' guild. Ronith will do his part to search her quarters, short of any property damage, but unless they find something game-changing he will suggest that they return to the Haven and make ready to depart.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Weiss » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 am

Rolls carried

OOC Comments
I'll catch up with Barracuda in another post


Ronith wrote:
Weiss wrote:"Ser Ronith, while we are at it, do you want us to sell the salvage? Can finance this job from that for now. We reckon somewhere in the region of a couple of mil we can get for it. If nothing else, I can get a quote from them what we'd get?"

Ronith shrugs. "Heroes for Hire has a very loose policy on salvage. You can do with the salvage as you see fit. If you wish to refit it for your own use, or to sell it for a more substantial amount and claim the difference for yourself, I have no objection. The team is well-off enough to cover any incidentals in the meantime."


"Fair enough," Weiss also shrugged, "I'll restock from my share, so I'm fully armed for our next run in with these guys. If its one thing I've learned, generally the opposition always outnumbers my side."

OGradys

Ashlynn wrote:Realizing her offer might strike a sour note, she throws in, "For 2.5 we'll give you this, and we'll be sure to stop here first with any new salvage


Ashlynn looked to have this in hand, but a little bit of backup wouldn't go amiss.
"And considering we're likely to run into more or similar, consider it a sign of good faith that gets you access to more."

OOC Comments
Trust 30% 1d100 = 22
Trust 30% 1d100 = 18
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Virtus » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:03 am

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 10:30am
Climate: 50F, overcast
Visibility: 200ft
Terrain: Urban
Ley Line within 1 mile
Heavy radio traffic
numerous magics in use
Moderate ground and air traffic due to fire. 500+ ground and air signatures moving various directions at speeds from walking up to 200mph within 1 mile. 100+ vehicles and individuals in move in various places within 500ft


O'Grady's

Ashlynn says, "For 2.5 we'll give you this, and we'll be sure to stop here first with any new salvage we bring in." The gruff man frowns and rubs his chin harshly before saying, "Well since I'm a sucker for hard luck cases, 2 and a quarter and any more like this you find comes here first." he says, though everyone doubts he's a sucker for hard luck or any other cases. If they all agree, within short order, he has everyone sign off on salvage rights and provides an unsecured universal card for 2,225,000 credits to Weiss. ((added to the sheet under unallocated gear))

Barracuda looks around, seeing a couple suv style hover vehicles that look the worse for wear. Near the front of the yard there are several vehicles in operating or near operating condition. An NG hover hauler dominates there area though a hover sled takes its own share of real estate. Of the same size but more style is what is clearly a pre-rifts design. Barracuda easily recognizes it as a V-22 identical to one from his home dimension though this one seems to have been upfitted. There are all manner of wheeled, hover and tracked vehicles as well as pieces of robots and power armor.

At Shara's Office

Leaving Zoe and Rae to guard Elizabeth and Whyne; Ronith, Grant and company arrive at Shara's office. It is largely still in the same condition it was the night before. However to Ronith, Beltin and Grant it seems as if someone else has been through here since. Grant easily sees signs of magic having been used here. If possible it looks even more disheveled. Someone in a hurry has come through. Through their own experience, it appears that whoever was looking this time didn't have any idea what they were looking for. Amongst the litter under the desk the group finds an explosive device. Further investigation leads them to believe it was supposed to have detonated when it sensed motion. The smell of burning electronics still hangs in the air close to it. It looks as if Whyne was spared due to inappropriately set explosives.

The two hidden safes in the room were emptied before Whyne got here last night. Sorting through the papers it is mostly reports on various individuals around Merctown. It looks like even as Shara she has worked for everyone from the CS to Hell's Horsemen.

((Is there anything else you want to do or look for?))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Weiss » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:21 pm

Perception 32% 1d100 = 13
JIC 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 41

Barracuda wrote:Barracuda's shoulders drop a little as he recalls his mother's face and the corn pudding she used to make. "No, she lived to a good old age. She survived the encounter with... with Radout and Tempest. The men who killed my father for some money. Years and years later, she was old and it was her time. When she went, she revealed the biggest secret about my life to date. About how I was found and... Sorry man, boring stuff. But she's gone now."


Zac touched Barracuda's arm gently.

"I'm sorry about your Dad and your mum. Hearing Ash talking about losing her family as well; I guess we're all ... none of us have families anymore. I guess I'm the lucky one as I've still got my dad and even he had to adopt me." Zac spoke to Barracuda, his voice low as he emphasised with the prince.

Barracuda wrote:Turning away from Zac so he doesn't injure the young man's ears, Barracuda stands a top the bot and proclaims loudly (using his Warp Sound ability) "I am Barracuda! Prince of the Seas!" Turning back to Zac he asks, "How was that?"


Zac held his hands over his ears, even with Barracuda turning away. He held a thumbs up to him just as Weiss called Ash and Cuda to accompany him


Virtus wrote:O'Grady's

Ashlynn says, "For 2.5 we'll give you this, and we'll be sure to stop here first with any new salvage we bring in." The gruff man frowns and rubs his chin harshly before saying, "Well since I'm a sucker for hard luck cases, 2 and a quarter and any more like this you find comes here first." he says, though everyone doubts he's a sucker for hard luck or any other cases. If they all agree, within short order, he has everyone sign off on salvage rights and provides an unsecured universal card for 2,225,000 credits to Weiss. ((added to the sheet under unallocated gear))

Barracuda looks around, seeing a couple suv style hover vehicles that look the worse for wear. Near the front of the yard there are several vehicles in operating or near operating condition. An NG hover hauler dominates there area though a hover sled takes its own share of real estate. Of the same size but more style is what is clearly a pre-rifts design. Barracuda easily recognizes it as a V-22 identical to one from his home dimension though this one seems to have been upfitted. There are all manner of wheeled, hover and tracked vehicles as well as pieces of robots and power armor.


Weiss signed the agreement and watched as the salvage operators unloaded the remains of the power armour. Ordinarily shares in this were shared amongst the company he was in, which were generally larger than this unit. It was nice to feel flush for a while, even if it was only for a little while until they divided it all up. Still, Atlantean manufacture. A big player to face off against. Still, if McGrath had evaded them so far, he suspected that the strength of the force they were up against was not that large. Hence the need for the thugs here in town.

Turning to leave, he saw Barracuda looking around at the vehicles.

"See anything you like?"
he asked, wondering if Barracuda wanted to get himself a vehicle, "we probably have the cash for it if you do."

Weiss bounced off a few messages to his contacts; Draco and Blackman had receptionists to filter their messages, but hopefully they would arrange for him to be able to speak to them. Mr Desmond, well he left a message for him/it. He was always a strange one and possibly not from around here.

"While I wait for my contacts to get in touch, how about we go and spend some of this money burning a hole in my pocket?" he asked Barracuda and Ashlynn.

OOC Comments
Invoke Trust 30% 1d100 = 39
Invoke Trust 30% 1d100 = 90
Invoke Trust 30% 1d100 = 34


Looking to go to the NG store next

4 AP Medium range missiles 12000 each =48k
4 HE explosive short range missiles 3k each = 12k
1 Long E-Clip for NG-P7 10k
1 Long E Clip and 1 normal E-clip for L-20 15.5k
1 Crusader EBA 40k
1 NG-P7 Northern Gun Particle Beam Rifle 22k
1 NG-45LP "Long Pistol 15k


Language Translator (Portable) 9600
IRMSS Internal Robot Medical Surgeon System 42k (to go in the APC for the squad)
RMK Robot Medical Kit or "Knitter 24k (to go in the APC for the squad)
Cross Hair Sight 500
Portable Tool Kit 400

Total 239k
Last edited by Weiss on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Grant Latham » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:59 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 1

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 74%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 84%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 700'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 69/78
  • P.P.E.: 572/572
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics


At Shara's Office

Grant drops some of the paper work on the desk, a sigh escaping his lips. "Nothing of immediate value here." When the bomb is discovered he prepares to cast Energy Field to try and contain the blast if it looked like it may still detonate, but he lowers his hands. Well, these Sunaj aren't perfect at least, they failed to achieve their goals against us, and did a rush job here. Grant's confidence grows a bit as he thinks about how well they all have done despite the fact that outside of Sir Ronith, Beltin, and Barracuda, he was the next senior member having been wit h the team only a few weeks objectively (Subjectively, he had join over 5 years ago before he spent time in an alternate dimension.).

"I don't think there is anything left to be found here in MercTown, Sir Ronith, we should gather our gear and head to Dweomer. It may be that we've kept Professor McGrath's wife alive has been our major break in this mystery," Grant says as he takes one last look around. "Based on Ms. Whyne's considerable resistance to even magical interrogation, we should probably just turn her over to the Defenders with a warning about her ability to change shape. We might also consider a token contract with her not to share details about us with whomever she works for next. She does have have an amazing sense of integrity when it comes to her job. She has to know that she has been treated more fairly than she would have been by the Sunaj."

As they prepare to leave the office, Grant feels a sudden stabbing in his head. His hands fly up and press on the sides of his head as if he were trying to keep it from expanding. The hodgepodge of memories that he'd experienced over the last couple of days finally come together. He gasps out, "The Devourer is coming! Mechanoids!" He drops to his knees, "No, well, yes. They were coming, but there were stopped, I..." He looks up, the pain lessening, he pulls his hands away, "I stopped them. With help. I need a minute."

Grant turns the chair behind the desk back over, the need to talk evident on his face as he sorts through the memories. "Just before I left q845, I went elsewhere, to a place that look like a scene out of an ancient pre-rifts video. There were others there, a Coaltion officer, a merc, a dog boy, a rat like d-bee, and a woman, she also was a mage. We were brought there by a man named...Braithwaite, that was it. He needed our help to solve a mystery. The Devourers, the Mechanoids, had some how discovered both Earth, and a place called Center. They were psychotic cyborgs bent on the destruction of all life, no mainly humanoid life. I don't know why. But they were working with Deevils to gain access and destroy our planet." He almost shouts the next, "THEY HAD JUST DISCOVERED MAGIC!" He shakes his head, "We needed to confirm the connection so other, greater powers could be called into play to stop them. We went to their ship. It was in a place virtually devoid of free magical energy so they were using living beings as batteries." Tears come to his eyes, "We couldn't save them, but there was an Operator from some other group on the ship that worked with the rat d-bee, Sorrenson, he was a techno-wizard. They hacked the network on the ship and set something, I am not sure what to overload. We were heavily outnumbered, but we held on long enough for them to finish, then I opened a portal and we escaped." He wipes the tears, "It was almost anti-climatic at that point, we were thanked and then returned to the same point in time when we left."

The mage stands up, taking a few deep breaths, "I'd been having little flashbacks other the last day or so, it's almost like I was out of sync with time and I finally snapped back in place." He thinks back on what he had seen, "Geez, that sounds crazy even for a mixed up place like we live in now." He thinks back to the 'good' times in the memory, I'd like to go back to the Three Galaxies, to Center, one day, hopefully when the demon war that Sorrenson mentioned is over and won by the good guys.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ronith » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:11 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 48
PER: 1d100 = 99 vs. (+15% hearing)

Object Read: Impressions- 1d100 = 74 vs. 82%
Object Read: Visions- 1d100 = 4 vs. 76%
Object Read: Present- 1d100 = 1 vs. 66%
Object reading the explosive

Weiss wrote:"I'll restock from my share, so I'm fully armed for our next run in with these guys. If its one thing I've learned, generally the opposition always outnumbers my side."
Ronith nods. "A good idea. Zoe can show you where our weapons' locker is- if there is anything you might find useful help yourself."

At Shara's office, Ronith considers the explosive device. Our foes are fallible, it seems. Aloud he says, "Beltin, I had a chance to meditate while you tended to your wife. Allow me to take this one." Ronith then reaches out and attempts to object read the device ((-10 ISP)). Ronith will report whatever he sees to the others, especially if it's germane to locating their quarry. Otherwise, Ronith will circle the office, idly gathering up the reports on people within MercTown (in particular, those with any names he might recognize) as the trio finishes up. With Shara presumably dead, Ronith figures it's not stealing and any useful information in the reports would be best in the hands of someone who might do a little good with it. He will review them more thoroughly later.

Grant Latham wrote:"I don't think there is anything left to be found here in MercTown, Sir Ronith, we should gather our gear and head to Dweomer. It may be that we've kept Professor McGrath's wife alive has been our major break in this mystery,"
Ronith nods. "I agree. Let us return to the Haven. With luck, the others have had more success, but I suspect that either way we need to prepare to leave town."

Grant Latham wrote:"Based on Ms. Whyne's considerable resistance to even magical interrogation, we should probably just turn her over to the Defenders with a warning about her ability to change shape. We might also consider a token contract with her not to share details about us with whomever she works for next. She does have have an amazing sense of integrity when it comes to her job. She has to know that she has been treated more fairly than she would have been by the Sunaj."
Ronith nods again. "I agree- we seem to have learned all we can further without crossing any lines. Turn her in- she can answer to the Defenders for her crimes. Make whatever deal you think you can with her- we have what we wanted from her, such as it is, and I want us to do whatever we can to smooth out any hard feelings."

Ronith is about to lead the way out of Shara's office when Grant collapses. Reacting instinctively, the cyber-knight reaches out to grab the magus and steady him- when Grant's words strike their own chord in Ronith. Mechanoids?!?!? From where do I know that name? Who... Mother? His head suddenly swimming, Ronith steadies himself. No... But someone from her world? And others- men from MercTown, and two others like Spencer or Barracuda. And... Hela?

Eventually, Ronith steadies himself, blinking furiously to clear his head. In a disconnected voice, he says "I seem to recall something- some sort of mission from the All-Father Himself, but also concerning these cyborgs." He shakes his head. "My mind is a fog on the subject, but I do have a strange sense of... completion. My instincts say that the danger has passed, and from what I recall these Sunaj have no cause to work with such beings. Let us be going- we can ponder this latest mystery when we are on our way to Dweomer."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Barracuda » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 8

Lost in the field of vehicles, Barracuda recalls the vehicle his old teammate, Dawn, had built using his extraordinary wealth. He called it The Dawn Patrol. Ugh. I hated that thing. I always got crammed in the cargo bay cause there weren't enough seats. Now that I think of it, most of those jerks could fly on their own!
Weiss wrote:"See anything you like?" he asked, wondering if Barracuda wanted to get himself a vehicle, "we probably have the cash for it if you do."

Barracuda's head turns to face Weiss, snapping him out of his vehicular day dream. "Huh? Oh. No. No, I'm good. Thanks! I was just looking around. Some of this stuff is from my time, or dimension or whatever."

Once they're finished with the O'Grady's business, Barracuda tags along to the NG store and takes a look around.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:03 am

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 23 (SUCCEED)

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 70

O'Grady wrote:"Well since I'm a sucker for hard luck cases, 2 and a quarter and any more like this you find comes here first."


Ashlynn smiles cheerfully. "Done!" She holds out her hand to shake on the deal.

She smiles at Weiss. We'll find our wife in no time... your wife, she corrects herself internally, ...YOUR wife.

Weiss wrote:"See anything you like? We probably have the cash for it if you do."


Ashlynn smiles and cocks her head. "I'm good. Thank you!" We can maybe spend some of this money on a search effort - advertisements, private detectives in nearby towns and cities, and stuff like that.

Barracuda wrote:"Huh? Oh. No. No, I'm good. Thanks! I was just looking around. Some of this stuff is from my time, or dimension or whatever."


Ashlynn's eye slight up with curiousity. "Really? Like what?" She looks around to see if anything is new or unusual in the store.

Salvage 40% 1d100 = 50 (trying to ID anything ancient or odd - FAIL)

She holds up a lightly damaged vibro-knife. "Like this?"

Weiss wrote:"While I wait for my contacts to get in touch, how about we go and spend some of this money burning a hole in my pocket?"


"Erkay." She'll accompany Weiss and 'Cuda to go buy whatever supplies Weiss needs. Well... he needs to reprovision his PA. Finding his wife won't do much good if he doesn't survive.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/40
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Virtus » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 12:30pm
Climate: 52F, overcast
Visibility: 200ft
Terrain: Urban
Ley Line within 1 mile
Heavy radio traffic
numerous magics in use
Moderate ground and air traffic due to fire. 500+ ground and air signatures moving various directions at speeds from walking up to 200mph within 1 mile. 100+ vehicles and individuals in move in various places within 500ft


Ronith reaches out to find out what the explosive can tell him. It comes easily. He sees a dark haired man wearing a dark cloak over black armor. He carries evil in his heart. . His faces bares a scar that runs down his left cheek across his mouth, ending at his chin. He's angry. He and two other Sunaj are standing outside an opulent residence staring hungrily towards it. Ronith recognizes other buildings near the dark scarred man as belonging in Dwoemer. The styled architecture calls that out immediately.

As the cyberknight reads the bomb, Grant is rocked as two realities crash back together. The unending malevolence from cataclysmic powers would be enough alone to forever blacken most people's hope. Grant's experiences however have made him a tougher nut to crack however. Recent experiences spill out from his mouth.

While Grant takes a seat to recover, he notices a glint from one of the emptied bookshelves. A closer inspection reveals a small camera about the size of a pill capsule. Like much of her other tech, it seems other worldly. It has no wires but you'd wager it can be accessed via a wireless connection.

Barracuda, Weiss and Ashlynn.

Weiss goes on a shopping spree with his new found resources. While he does so, Barracuda and Ashlynn occupy themselves with window shopping. While doing so they see a black hovercar park nearby. A short woman in a suit gets out and finds Weiss. You're close enough to hear an exchange.

"Mr. Blackman had a cancellation. If you have time now, he can meet."

If Weiss wants, she will allow Barracuda and Ashlynn to accompany them.

Assuming he goes, he is taken to meet a larger hover limo in the hub. The woman in the suit opens a door on the limo, direction everyone inside. Taking a seat, you see a man's face that is illuminated by several computer screens that he is seated behind. "Weiss, pleased to see you again. So what is it that I can do for you?"
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Weiss » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:13 am

Perception 32% 1d100 = 31
JIC 1d100 = 65 1d20 = 17

"Well, don’t dismiss the idea entirely Barracuda,” Weiss shrugged, advising him from his experience, “your own transport is always useful … provided you can actually drive, pilot or fly anything. Otherwise, it really is an expensive paperweight. Your own bit of freedom, go anywhere and with anyone you want.” There was a slight smirk on Weiss’ face as he said that. Weiss had seen Ash’s reaction last night and wondered if Barracuda also felt something there. He was happy to encourage something if there was something to fan the flames of. Love should always be encouraged; the world was always better for it coming into being.

At heart, Weiss was a romantic. Even so, certain things bugged him. Weiss stopped and sighed

“I can’t keep calling you Barracuda though and honestly, despite Zac’s interest in the matter, I certainly ain’t calling you Prince,” Weiss grinned at the young mutant, “what do you prefer being called?”


Virtus wrote:Weiss goes on a shopping spree with his new found resources. While he does so, Barracuda and Ashlynn occupy themselves with window shopping. While doing so they see a black hovercar park nearby. A short woman in a suit gets out and finds Weiss. You're close enough to hear an exchange. "Mr. Blackman had a cancellation. If you have time now, he can meet." If Weiss wants, she will allow Barracuda and Ashlynn to accompany them.


Weiss placed his order, adding any technical manuals they might have regarding robots and power armour and anything that Ashlynn and Barracuda added or suggested for the unit. As the woman in the suit approached him, Weiss nodded to her.

“No time like the present,” Weiss smiled at the driver, before turning to face the other two. “You two coming to meet one of the movers and shakers of Merctown?” he asked Ashlynn and Barracuda. And a dangerous player at that. Blackman he knew was a shark, however much he took an interest in him Having the other two along kept him safer.


Virtus wrote:Assuming he goes, he is taken to meet a larger hover limo in the hub. The woman in the suit opens a door on the limo, direction everyone inside. Taking a seat, you see a man's face that is illuminated by several computer screens that he is seated behind. "Weiss, pleased to see you again. So what is it that I can do for you?"


"And you as well Sir,” Weiss sat formally, always polite to current and former clients. Time to get down to Brasstacks as it were.
“As you are no doubted aware, considering your resources that I am now working for the Heroes 4 Hire and that there have been several incidents of deaths in mysterious circumstances, the attack on Heroes Haven, various buildings being torched in Merctown and the disappearance of a professor from the Mages' Guild who has been searching for something historical, magical, we are not entirely sure." Weiss laid it out for Blackman, watching for his reaction to anything he said

"What you might not be aware is that there is a connection between these incidents and the Splugorth; a contingent of Assassins called the Sunaj are operating here, killing or at least attempting to kill anybody who investigates their purpose here, which relates to the missing professor and willing to carry out a lot of property damage and removal of assets." He left out a few details such as Whyne and whom their client was, waiting to see if he filled in the blanks as he expected he would and laid it on thick that it might impinge on his business. When in Rome, act like the Romans. he mused with his dealings with Blackman, that was an odd phrase to think of. Where was Rome? It was something Mr Desmond had said once that had stuck with him. He doubted he meant that Casino out West

"We are looking to hunt them down and flush them out, either from here or from wherever their main base for this operation is before they do more damage. We have a lead that takes us out to Dweomer, but any assistance you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated."

Now, is this going to be a freebie that Blackman will fling my way or is there going to be a cost?

OOC Comments
Bloody lost my original draft. Anything reasonable Ash or Cuda add to the list will get bought. No priceless artifacts etc.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:26 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 37

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 74%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 84%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 700'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 69/78
  • P.P.E.: 572/572
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics


Ronith wrote:Eventually, Ronith steadies himself, blinking furiously to clear his head. In a disconnected voice, he says "I seem to recall something- some sort of mission from the All-Father Himself, but also concerning these cyborgs." He shakes his head. "My mind is a fog on the subject, but I do have a strange sense of... completion. My instincts say that the danger has passed, and from what I recall these Sunaj have no cause to work with such beings. Let us be going- we can ponder this latest mystery when we are on our way to Dweomer."


Sir Ronith has a memory of a similar 'mission' as well. Wierd. "I agree, while the timing is oddly coincidental, I too don't feel it's related. I'll try not to let it distract me," Grant says as he gets ready to leave.

Virtus wrote:While Grant takes a seat to recover, he notices a glint from one of the emptied bookshelves. A closer inspection reveals a small camera about the size of a pill capsule. Like much of her other tech, it seems other worldly. It has no wires but you'd wager it can be accessed via a wireless connection.


"What's this?" Grant says as he moves to the bookshelf. He reaches in and grabs the camera. It has what looks to be a camera lens, he thinks. "Sir Ronith, I think this is a camera, possibly remotely accessible." We need to do something with this, my pouches! Grant opens one of his enchanted pouches on his utility belt and drops the small camera inside and closes it up. "It should be secure in this pouch, it has an extra-dimensional enchantment that should prevent it from being able to broadcast anything. It's either Ms Whyne's or her former employer's. If it's hers, it may have caught them in the act of searching her office. If not, she probably has the skills to access it. Or maybe John might be able to, he was able to set some jamming up with those cards of hers." Grant gives a sigh, "I wish Watcher hadn't left, it'd be no problem for him, uh it." Grant snaps his fingers, "Ah, I bet Beltin could access it mentally."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ronith » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:33 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 59
PER: 1d100 = 74 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

So. There are no more than three of them. And they are in Dweomer. When Grant reveals the camera and offers to place it in extra-dimensional space, Ronith quickly nods his agreement. He also adds "The three of them are in Dweomer. Something is not going well- we may yet have time to foil their plans. Let us make haste to the Haunt and prepare our departure. We can take a quick look at the contents of that camera there, but at this point I am not inclined to think it worth the delay. Nonetheless keep that pouch handy, Grant- if these Sunaj are still monitoring it, we may be able to use it to our advantage once we arrive in Dweomer."

To Beltin, Ronith adds "When we get there it may be advantageous for you to seek an audience with the Three or one of their agents. They are likely to be kindly predisposed towards us, and in any event I expect they shall take a dim view of assassins operating within their city. Aid from the city's magi might prove invaluable to us."

With nothing further to do at Shara's office, Ronith leads them back to the Haunt and completes the group's preparations while they wait for Barracuda and the others.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:50 am

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 88 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 60

Weiss wrote:“I can’t keep calling you Barracuda though and honestly, despite Zac’s interest in the matter, I certainly ain’t calling you Prince. What do you prefer being called?”


Ashlynn tilted her head and turned to Barracuda. "Isn't your name Barry? Barry Cuda? That's why I been calling you "Cuda" - I thought it was your last name, like Weiss." She smiles and winks, indicating that she is not altogether serious.

Weiss wrote:“You two coming to meet one of the movers and shakers of Merctown?”


"Movers AND Shakers? I've only met Movers OR Shakers before... never both at the same time! Count me in!" She climbs into the hovercar with Weiss and Barracuda, eager to see new things and meet new people. When they arrive at the hover limo, she dutifully climbs inside.

She listens to Weiss lay out the situation they're in, but finds herself distracted. How cool is it Weiss knows all these powerful people in Merctown? Lucky I met up with him when I did. As they talk, Ashlynn gives Blackman the old hairy eyeball.

Eyeball a Fella 68% 1d100 = 74 (FAIL)
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 24 (SUCCEED)
Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 24 (SUCCEED)
Last edited by Ashlynn on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/40
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Barracuda » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 35/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 81

Weiss wrote:"Well, don’t dismiss the idea entirely Barracuda,” Weiss shrugged, advising him from his experience, “your own transport is always useful … provided you can actually drive, pilot or fly anything. Otherwise, it really is an expensive paperweight. Your own bit of freedom, go anywhere and with anyone you want.”

"I had a sweet car back home. Even had my motorcycle license. But there's nothing like the feel of cutting through the sea. On a boat or under your own power. Brings me peace, man." Barracuda thinks about what Weiss said and HOW he said it and wises up. He sneaks a look at Ashlynn and then back to Weiss. "But yeah, cars are cool, man."

Ashlynn wrote:
Weiss wrote:“I can’t keep calling you Barracuda though and honestly, despite Zac’s interest in the matter, I certainly ain’t calling you Prince. What do you prefer being called?”
Ashlynn tilted her head and turned to Barracuda. "Isn't your name Barry? Barry Cuda? That's why I been calling you "Cuda" - I thought it was your last name, like Weiss." She smiles and winks, indicating that she is not altogether serious.

Heh, she's got jokes, does she? "Well, where I'm from it's like... you put your last name first. So really, it's more like Cuda Berry. Uh..." Wow, nice terrible joke, genius. "Ben. Benjamin Berry. The Prince thing came as a surprise. Did a whole sojourn to find Lemuria and end up being the outcast Prince of it."

While in the NG store, Barracuda decides to pick up a new pistol in the NG-SE9 Sharpshooter Laser Pistol. (NG1 pg 195) Seasnake? Basically my code name. Sounds right up my alley.

Weiss wrote:“You two coming to meet one of the movers and shakers of Merctown?” he asked Ashlynn and Barracuda.

Once he's completed his purchase, Barracuda will hop into the vehicle with Weiss. When in the meeting with Blackman, Barracuda shuts his mouth and lets Weiss do the talking.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Virtus » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:57 am

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 12:50pm
Climate: 52F, overcast
Visibility: 200ft
Terrain: Urban
Ley Line within 1 mile
Heavy radio traffic
numerous magics in use
Moderate ground and air traffic due to fire. 500+ ground and air signatures moving various directions at speeds from walking up to 200mph within 1 mile. 100+ vehicles and individuals in move in various places within 500ft


Barracuda, Weiss and Ashlynn

Mr. Blackman looks at Wiess and puzzles, his mouth working slightly. "Hmmm, yes I've been hearing whispers of Sunaj active here in town as well as your exploits with Heroes for Hire, considering the engagement outside of the gates. Do you have any more information on this magic... thing? Their presence had some of us wondering. They don't show up without purpose. Do you know any more? It seems as though you are closely involved with this matter."

Weiss' experience with Blackman suggest that his payment may be in information.

Ashlynn watches the two of them. It's clear that Blackman knows pretty much everything Weiss has had to say and may know a bit more. The question of the unknown goal the Sunaj are pursuing seems to be what he doesn't know but wants to find out.

Barracuda notes the mans posture. He is confident but also wary. A weasel but also a power to be reckoned with.

Ronith, Grant and Beltin

Sharing bizarre memories of an other time, the current task comes to the fore. Returning to the Haven, Grant looks for a way to read the camera's memory. Beltin sits down and works with Grant. It's not terribly difficult for Beltin. The camera seems to be a motion activated variety. Unsurprising, two Sunaj are recorded searching the facility. The easily find the secret compartments and remove their contents. They seems to teleport out. Next is Whyne discovering the tampering followed closely by the arrival of H4H. What is unexpected is another video from an hour after Whyne was captured. It shows several people come into the room. The looks to be magic users of some type. Then from the doorway, a clearly non-magic user walks in. It's a person in coalition armor that searches the room with zeal. They depart in earnest after fifteen minutes seeming to not find what they were after.

While Grant is busy doing that, Zoe lets Ronith know there are people outside to evaluation further repairs to the Haven.

As Ronith steps outside for a moment, he hears the sound of birds cawing above him. Cawing that sounds suspiciously like laughter. Mocking, sarcastic laughter. And familiar laughter at that.

He looks around to find two large (and familiar-looking) ravens perched nearby. One has a light-colored band around its leg. While he’s watching, it slips the band off its leg with its beak and flings it at him while the other one lets out a caw that sounds a lot like “CATCH! CATCH!” They wait until he has either caught it or picked it up off the ground before flying away -- cawing/laughing the whole time until they are out of sight.

Upon further inspection, the band is actually a small slip of paper wrapped around an intricately-carved ring. Depending on the way the light hits the ring it appears to be made out of gold, silver, copper, or bronze. On the slip of paper are two words -- “Þakka fyrir.” Even as he stares at the words they morph into ones he can more easily understand -- “Thank you.”

When he puts on the ring for the first time he feels a rush of insight as his mind links with the magic of the ring:
Magical Protection: The wearer is +2 to save vs magic
Psionic Protection: Three times a day, the wearer may activate a Mind Block (same as the psychic ability) that lasts for one hour.
Courage: Gives the wearer a +2 bonus to resist Horror Factor
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Grant Latham » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:41 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 63
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 20

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 74%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 84%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 700'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 69/78
  • P.P.E.: 572/572
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics



Trying to figure out who the mages and the person in coalition armor:
History Post Apocalypse 84% vs 1d100 = 55
Intelligence: 67% vs 1d100 = 46
Lore: Magic (General): 109% vs 1d100 = 62
Streetwise: 88% vs 1d100 = 8

Grant rocks back in his chair as he hits replay on the video footage. He blows out a big breath and says to Beltin, "Aaannndd, we've got another player in the game. Why does it seem like everyone else knows what Professor MacGrath is doing but us? Our only reason for being in the game at all is because Mrs. MacGrath came here and we've beat off all comers so far."

"Sir Ronth psychically saw the Sunaj casing a mansion in Dweomer, probably the Mr. Horne that Mrs. MacGrath mention. I am putting money on it that this guy is a dragon. What do you say, willing to wager 5 credits?" Grant stands and holds out his hand to Beltin to shake on it. "Let's go share this with the others."

Grant will take the video to Mrs. MacGrath and show it to her, and then to Ms Whyne hoping they might recognize any of the them. To Ms Whyne, he says, "We recovered a camera from your office, there's another group looking for the Professor and it looks like they knew about you. Sir Ronith has made his decision, we can't just let you go, but I have no desire to see you dead. Be safe." He doesn't ask her anything, hoping that she will voluntarily be less mercenary with her knowledge.

He puts his stuff back in the room he had originally picked now that Zoe had figure out where everyone should be bunked. The mage waits in the living room for the rest of the team to return, ready to share what they've learned. We need to hurry and find Mr. Horne; hopefully we can find out where his home is quickly once we arrive in Dweomer.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Weiss » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:05 am

Perception 35% 1d100 = 37
JIC 1d100 = 69 1d20 = 9

Virtus wrote:Mr. Blackman looks at Wiess and puzzles, his mouth working slightly. "Hmmm, yes I've been hearing whispers of Sunaj active here in town as well as your exploits with Heroes for Hire, considering the engagement outside of the gates. Do you have any more information on this magic... thing? Their presence had some of us wondering. They don't show up without purpose. Do you know any more? It seems as though you are closely involved with this matter."

Weiss' experience with Blackman suggest that his payment may be in information.


Quid Pro Quo. he wants to fill in the blanks but would he sell to the Sunaj? I like to think not, but who can tell with him. If he has more, then we need the info if we are to stop these people and save the Professor. They won't stop going after his wife either and they must pay for all the deaths they have caused. He gave him what information he knew for definite. Any suppositions and guesses on their part he kept to himself, mostly because he didn't really know much about them. He shifted forward in his seat closer to Blackman and rubbed his hands for a moment, as he thought about what to tell him.

"They are hunting for the missing professor, a Connor McGrath who works or worked at the Collegiate Arcane who has been searching for a missing artefact, that may be in the Magic Zone. His family have been looking for it for a long time. The exact nature of this item is unknown to us, but something connected to it blocks teleportation quite violently."

OOC Comments
invoke trust 30% 1d100 = 63

If Ashlynn or Barrauda want to add anything, feel free. I may have missed something obvious.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Virtus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:39 am

Elizabeth is surprised by the video. "Who are these people and how did they know Shara? Are they after Connor as well?" she asks, almost angrily. Clearly the situation is wearing on her. Surely the transition from no news for months to the middle of chaos in the course of two days is a rough one to make. ((Assuming you haven't revealed to Elizabeth that Whyne is also Shara.))

When Beltin and Grant approach Whyne with the video, she watches intently. Taking a measured breath, she seems to think. "This is an interesting development. I've handled jobs for the CS before but they usually don't come geared or at two in the morning when they know no one will likely be there." she says pondering the scene. Boredom seems to be taking its toll as much as anything, combined with exhaustion as she has maintained her vigil. The chance to think about something seems to appeal to her though the lack of freedom hasn't escaped her either. "You may be surprised to hear it, but not every magic user hates the Coalition. In fact there are some that see themselves as a secret line of defense for the CS even if the sentiment is not returned. It's also possible that the Dead Boy is a defector or someone just looking the part, but I don't think so. To boot, that's special forces. I'd bet a pound of gold on it. The question is how did they find me... or Shara at the least? There are a couple people in town I could think of to ask, but they most likely would be more interested in trading information than selling it. And of course there's the danger of kindling interest in your affairs. Then there is also urgency. These people may not know who McGrath is yet."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:26 am

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 85 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 58

Ashlynn watches the tete-a-tete with interest. This Blackman guy is good - he digs for info he already seems to have... looking for any new scrap. Easy to see why he has influence in Merctown - he collects every piece of usable info he comes across.

Blackman wrote:"Hmmm, yes I've been hearing whispers of Sunaj active here in town as well as your exploits with Heroes for Hire, considering the engagement outside of the gates. Do you have any more information on this magic... thing? Their presence had some of us wondering. They don't show up without purpose. Do you know any more? It seems as though you are closely involved with this matter."


Weiss wrote:"They are hunting for the missing professor, a Connor McGrath who works or worked at the Collegiate Arcane who has been searching for a missing artefact, that may be in the Magic Zone. His family have been looking for it for a long time. The exact nature of this item is unknown to us, but something connected to it blocks teleportation quite violently."


Ashlynn searches her memory for any info she might have heard about the Sunaj, and why they might be interested in McGrath and his studies.

OOC Comments
She seems to have been elsewhere almost every time they've been mentioned. LOL


History: Post-Apocalypse 60/55% 1d100 = 72 (FAIL)
Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 44 (SUCCEED)

She also draws Barracuda aside and whispers. "Do you know anything about these Sunaj? Are they those hooded guys we've been seeing around?"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/40
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:56 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 76 /72%
JIC: 1d20 = 7| 1d100 = 50%
-----------------------------------
Ronith wrote:To Beltin, Ronith adds "When we get there it may be advantageous for you to seek an audience with the Three or one of their agents. They are likely to be kindly predisposed towards us, and in any event I expect they shall take a dim view of assassins operating within their city. Aid from the city's magi might prove invaluable to us."

Beltin nods dutifully at Ronith's suggestion. "I believe we should still have some goodwill earned from the return of the legendary katana we retrieved for them." Immediately, the young mind melter's mind flashes back to the feel of the Katana of Ghostly Slaying as he wielded it against the enemy forces of the Splugorth outpost in Newfoundland. It practically sung as it sliced through the air. What was especially impressive was how it seemed to phase through anything man-made like armor and cut to the true essence of one's foes. I wonder if lesser versions of that sort of weapon have been forged.

Realizing that he has lost himself to internal musings, he returns his attention to Sir Ronith. He will follow and assist the elven cyberknight with any additional preparations that might need to be made.

Grant Latham wrote:"Sir Ronth psychically saw the Sunaj casing a mansion in Dweomer, probably the Mr. Horne that Mrs. MacGrath mention. I am putting money on it that this guy is a dragon. What do you say, willing to wager 5 credits?" Grant stands and holds out his hand to Beltin to shake on it. "Let's go share this with the others."

Beltin smirks at Grant's intuition and attempt to lighten the mood. He nods heartily to the wager, "Done. Your wager is that the guy is a dragon... Which defaults my position to be that the guy is... anything but a dragon. Think odds might be in my favor. But I'll gladly take your creds, and we will likely share some delicious meal and a legendary story by the tale's end."

Virtus wrote:When Beltin and Grant approach Whyne with the video, she watches intently. Taking a measured breath, she seems to think. "This is an interesting development. I've handled jobs for the CS before but they usually don't come geared or at two in the morning when they know no one will likely be there." she says pondering the scene. Boredom seems to be taking its toll as much as anything, combined with exhaustion as she has maintained her vigil. The chance to think about something seems to appeal to her though the lack of freedom hasn't escaped her either. "You may be surprised to hear it, but not every magic user hates the Coalition. In fact there are some that see themselves as a secret line of defense for the CS even if the sentiment is not returned. It's also possible that the Dead Boy is a defector or someone just looking the part, but I don't think so. To boot, that's special forces. I'd bet a pound of gold on it. The question is how did they find me... or Shara at the least? There are a couple people in town I could think of to ask, but they most likely would be more interested in trading information than selling it. And of course there's the danger of kindling interest in your affairs. Then there is also urgency. These people may not know who McGrath is yet."


((Lore: Magic. 1d100 = 45 / 82% and History of the Coalition. 1d100 = 5 / 77% <== to grasp what Whyne is talking about... the Vanguard presumably))

Beltin squints his eyes slightly as he ponders Whyne's words. He then asks his question aloud and directly, "Do you mean those that call themselves the Vanguard? The rumors I know suggest they come from a long line of Coalition loyalists whose dedication is such that they are willing to exist in the shadows, wielding magic despite the Coalition's official stance to the contrary, willing to be martyrs if necessary."
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ronith » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:34 am

JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 24
PER: 1d100 = 69 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Ronith ponders the video's contents once Beltin gets them working. I heard rumors of covert magic-users allied with the Coalition in Tolkeen. Of course, this could simply be a mercenary with a penchant for Dead Boy armor. Regardless they seem to be after the same information as ourselves and these Sunaj- the question is are they friend or foe?

Ronith completes his preparations for the sojourn to Dweomer, only to be interrupted with news on some repair work. That was fast. Outside, Ronith is startled by the appearance of two ravens- bringing on another memory of his battle against these strange 'Mechanoids.' Snapping out of his reverie just in time to see the ravens drop their gift and fly off Ronith accepts the ring, bows, and murmurs "It is always an honor to serve, milord Odin." The cyber-knight then heads back inside.

Virtus wrote:"There are a couple people in town I could think of to ask, but they most likely would be more interested in trading information than selling it. And of course there's the danger of kindling interest in your affairs. Then there is also urgency. These people may not know who McGrath is yet."
Ronith says quietly, "Are you offering to aid us now? You should know that my terms are unchanged; I respect that you felt the need to hold true to your word, but I also respect the laws of this town. I shall not abet your escape, but you may find that my word carries no small amount of weight with the Defenders."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Virtus » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:16 am

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 12:51pm
Climate: 52F, overcast
Visibility: 200ft
Terrain: Urban
Ley Line within 1 mile
Heavy radio traffic
numerous magics in use
Moderate ground and air traffic due to fire. 500+ ground and air signatures moving various directions at speeds from walking up to 200mph within 1 mile. 100+ vehicles and individuals in move in various places within 500ft


"Do you mean those that call themselves the Vanguard? The rumors I know suggest they come from a long line of Coalition loyalists whose dedication is such that they are willing to exist in the shadows, wielding magic despite the Coalition's official stance to the contrary, willing to be martyrs if necessary."


Whyne nods. "Yes, that would be them. Special Forces will sometimes work with them. So somewhere higher in the Coalition there is someone who at least is willing to use their talents. Not that it has any bearing here, but that's a question many of us have asked."

Ashlynn listens to the conversation, trying to devine the connection between Bogg, McGrath and the Sunaj. Clearly Bogg was drawn into the situation, but he at least seemed an easier target than McGrath. McGrath has something they want. Something they don't want other people even asking about.

"They are hunting for the missing professor, a Connor McGrath who works or worked at the Collegiate Arcane who has been searching for a missing artefact, that may be in the Magic Zone. His family have been looking for it for a long time. The exact nature of this item is unknown to us, but something connected to it blocks teleportation quite violently."


Blackman nods, not seeming to take down notes but you'd wager Blue that you've already been scanned and the whole conversation is recorded anyhow. He rubs his ear lobe and seems to think before saying. "I see. Well McGrath has been missing for a little while now. Surely he's not in the city anymore. Have you heard anything? The Sunaj seemed to be part of a larger contingent that weren't here in Merctown so some things are definitely in play." He obvious wants more information and seems to be willing to trade additional information on the Sunaj.

"Are you offering to aid us now? You should know that my terms are unchanged; I respect that you felt the need to hold true to your word, but I also respect the laws of this town. I shall not abet your escape, but you may find that my word carries no small amount of weight with the Defenders."


"I have always said I was willing to offer aid. The price you were unwilling to accept. The matter of the Coalition is separate from the former so I'm free to discuss it at liberty. Not much better to do while I sit here. I could take on a job for you. My rates aren't terrible for run of the mill stuff. But I suppose you wouldn't want me slinking around by myself." she says with a smirk. Her fashion of compartmentalizing different subjects could be disconcerting to some. Perhaps it's a character trait changelings possess to emulate different people. Either way she does seem honest about taking on a job of discovery on the Coalition element.

While Ronith is speaking to Whyne, there is a knock on the door. Whomever answers it sees a very tall, broad elderly man with bronze skin and grey hair. He is as tall as Ronith. The man is wearing finely crafted green armor, perhaps of a formal nature. He bows and introduces himself. "Hello. I am Sir Ninevar, Steward of Granite Hall. I am looking for Sir Ronith Turand, Knight Eminent, Lord of Granite Hall.

Image
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:25 am

WHA HAPPEN
I had a beautiful, funny, deeply introspective and action-packed post here, full of crit successes and cleverness, which in his zeal to get a post in Virtus erased. What follows here is a pale imitation of the post's previous brilliance, but I hope XP will be awarded on the merits of the first post, and not this one


Perception: There was a perception roll here. It was probably a crit success, I dunno. Here's a replacement roll: 55% 1d100 = 85

JIC: There were JIC rolls here. A nat. 20 and a 1% if I recall correctly. Here are replacement rolls:
1d20 = 7
1d100 = 57

Blackman wrote:"The Sunaj seemed to be part of a larger contingent that weren't here in Merctown so some things are definitely in play."


"I wonder how long they were in Merctown for? If we knew that we'd know how long they've been planning." If we knew that, we might be able to find out where they're operating from in Merctown, and raid the joint... though that'd likely mean more bombs.

"Are these Sunaj the type to blow stuff up? We fought some guys who blow stuff up a lot." Blushing, she realizes that with as much as Blackman knows, he probably knows of her inadvertent destroying of Heroes Haven recently. Then, realizing to her horror that she failed to introduce herself before asking questions, she adds,

"Oh, Uh... Hi, by the way. My name's Ashlynn!"

I rolled a Charm skill, and got a 7% out of 50%, I'm pretty sure. So... yeah.


EPILOGUE
I tried to reconstruct the post, but I left out a LOT of beautifully-worded descriptions, some tear-jerking reminiscences, and a gut-busting joke or two. Oh well, Que sera, era.
Last edited by Ashlynn on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/40
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Virtus » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Blackman moves his eyes to Ashlynn. His stare is almost unhuman, calculating, measuring her value in credits and determining what else she may offer. "They've been here for a while I think. Pleased to meet you... Ashlynn." he says. Clearly he makes note of Ashlynn's name. Weiss knows Blackman likely knows exactly how long the Sunaj have been here. He is still clearly fishing for more information.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 62, 1d100 = 53

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 74%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 84%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 700'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 69/78
  • P.P.E.: 572/572
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics


The Vanguard? Coalition magic users. There was that lecture about the formation of the CS that magic was, if not welcome, at least accepted. Then it all changed. They were all still anti d-bee, but I guess I can see to some extent the desire to regain all that was lost with the coming of the rifts. But if it hadn't happened, we wouldn't have the magic. Grant shakes his head at the thought of not being able to manipulate magical energy. What would I have been?

To Beltin and Sir Ronith, Grant says, "Just another reason not to dawdle, I guess. Plus we now know we may face a more conventional attack at some point as well."

At the knock at the door, looks to see if Beltin or Sir Ronith react from any psychic premonition, not seeing any he says, "I'll get it." He goes down to the front door and quickly casts Mystic Portal to be able to get clear view of who is at the stoop. When he's it's an old man, he cancels the magic, and opens the door. "Hello, may I help you?"

Sir Ninevar wrote:Whomever answers it sees a very tall, broad elderly man with bronze skin and grey hair. He is as tall as Ronith. The man is wearing finely crafted green armor, perhaps of a formal nature. He bows and introduces himself. "Hello. I am Sir Ninevar, Steward of Granite Hall. I am looking for Sir Ronith Turand, Knight Eminent, Lord of Granite Hall.


"The Granite Hall? Oh yes, I was there when Sir Zero Moon confirmed the honor. Please come in and have a seat, if you wish, here in the living room." He walks the man to the room, he takes a quick look left and right, a quirk on his lips, What do I do? "I will get Sir Ronith, would you like anything to drink while you wait?" He moves behind the knight and casts surreptitiously casts See Aura to get a better gauge of the man, then heads back to Beltin and Sir Ronith to tell him who is there. Once Sir Ronith is on his way down, Grant goes to the kitchen to obtain the beverage requested (if any).
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Weiss » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Perception 35% 1d100 = 82
JIC 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 29

Virtus wrote:Blackman nods, not seeming to take down notes but you'd wager Blue that you've already been scanned and the whole conversation is recorded anyhow. He rubs his ear lobe and seems to think before saying. "I see. Well McGrath has been missing for a little while now. Surely he's not in the city anymore. Have you heard anything? The Sunaj seemed to be part of a larger contingent that weren't here in Merctown so some things are definitely in play." He obvious wants more information and seems to be willing to trade additional information on the Sunaj.


Ashlynn spoke before he can reply, so he decides to let it play out for a moment. Lets see how Blackman responds to Ash. If nothing else, this could have interesting results.

Virtus wrote:Blackman moves his eyes to Ashlynn. His stare is almost unhuman, calculating, measuring her value in credits and determining what else she may offer. "They've been here for a while I think. Pleased to meet you... Ashlynn." he says. Clearly he makes note of Ashlynn's name. Weiss knows Blackman likely knows exactly how long the Sunaj have been here. He is still clearly fishing for more information.


Heh, I think he's not sure what to make of Ashlynn. She doesn't exactly fit our line of work. Just hope Ben doesn't announce himself Prince of the Sea. Weiss muses. Time to bite the bullet. We have info the other wants, but keeping a few bits back should help keep Mcgrath safe for now.

"Mcgrath is definitely not here anymore. Like I said, whatever he is looking for is in the Magic Zone, so he's either there or on his way. His method of travel has not been established, only it is unlikely to be teleportation. The Sunaj want him, probably for whatever he has been searching for. I don't imagine that'll be of benefit to anybody on the continent that Atlantis gets something probably powerful.

He checks the time on his cybernetic clock calendar to see how long it had been since leaving Heroes Haven. They were on a mission and couldn't dally too much, even with Grant providing transport.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ronith » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:35 am

JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 56
PER: 1d100 = 14 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Virtus wrote:While Ronith is speaking to Whyne, there is a knock on the door. Whomever answers it sees a very tall, broad elderly man with bronze skin and grey hair. He is as tall as Ronith. The man is wearing finely crafted green armor, perhaps of a formal nature. He bows and introduces himself. "Hello. I am Sir Ninevar, Steward of Granite Hall. I am looking for Sir Ronith Turand, Knight Eminent, Lord of Granite Hall.
As a matter of course, Ronith is unlikely to be answering the door. But with Shara having little to add beyond confirmation that the Vanguard are somehow in the mix the cyber-knight is likely about, meditating on this matter. With his amplified ears easily picking up his name, Ronith descends to the foyer and invites the guest in.

The ring Zero Moon had given me. I had forgotten. "Well met, Sir Ninevar. I am Sir Ronith Turand; welcome to the Heroes' Haven." Ronith is about to offer their visitor refreshment when Grant beats him to the punch; instead the cyber-knight nods his thanks and continues. Ronith will offer his guest one of the chairs in the foyer area, since the conference hall is unlikely to be usable in its present condition. "I have no doubt been negligent in my duties by not announcing myself at the Hall previously; you must forgive me. My team is embroiled in some manner of scheme and I fear that innocent lives hang in the balance. However I have some time to talk now while the others finalize their preparations for departure; you picked a fortuitous time to arrive. Tell me, what brings you all the way to MercTown?"
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Barracuda » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34/53%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 67

Ashlynn wrote:She also draws Barracuda aside and whispers. "Do you know anything about these Sunaj? Are they those hooded guys we've been seeing around?"

"I don't really know. This is the first I've heard of them. But they're gonna think twice about messing with the Heroes For Hire. We're no slouches and next time they come for us, we'll be ready." Barracuda looks visibly upset at the thought of the Sunaj. I don't care who you are. You don't come to my house asking for trouble.

For his part, Barracuda lets Weiss and Ashlynn do the talking. He observes the room, the folks in it and absorbs the conversation.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:14 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 46 /72%
JIC: 1d20 = 13| 1d100 = 77%
-----------------------------------
Virtus wrote:
"Are you offering to aid us now? You should know that my terms are unchanged; I respect that you felt the need to hold true to your word, but I also respect the laws of this town. I shall not abet your escape, but you may find that my word carries no small amount of weight with the Defenders."


"I have always said I was willing to offer aid. The price you were unwilling to accept. The matter of the Coalition is separate from the former so I'm free to discuss it at liberty. Not much better to do while I sit here. I could take on a job for you. My rates aren't terrible for run of the mill stuff. But I suppose you wouldn't want me slinking around by myself." she says with a smirk. Her fashion of compartmentalizing different subjects could be disconcerting to some. Perhaps it's a character trait changelings possess to emulate different people. Either way she does seem honest about taking on a job of discovery on the Coalition element.

Beltin ponders the opening Whyne provides and asks bluntly, "What are your rates for serving as an advisor on the Vanguard that travels with us? We would, however, require your presence and proximity to the group until the job is complete."

Perhaps this could be a win-win situation. Where we keep an eye on Whyne, benefit from her knowledge base, and also inadvertently gain whatever intel we can glean about the Sunaj assassins. Beltin logics to himself.

Grant Latham wrote:To Beltin and Sir Ronith, Grant says, "Just another reason not to dawdle, I guess. Plus we now know we may face a more conventional attack at some point as well."

Beltin nods in agreement with Grant, "Agreed. I will go prepare for the trip and encourage others to do so also." Beltin will gather his travel gear, but an idea catches in his mind as he gathers his things. It is obvious I need to better educate myself. I should keep an eye out for literature I can bring with me on this trip.

As he travels the Haven, Beltin will keep an eye out for bookcases (that he has likely breezed by without a glance countless times) to identify books (or more preferably digital tablet/books) that he can bring with on the journey. He will especially be looking for more science-related (Crime Scene Investigation, Computer Operation, Surveillance) topics. The young mind melter will travel a little heavier than he normally does, possibly weighed down by books.

Alternatively, if there is sufficient time before the remainder of the team will return from their trip out to Blackman's, Beltin will grab one of the city cycles and make his way to a bookstore to purchase either digital (preferable) or physical copies of books for his own improvement/learning.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:23 am

Perception: 55% 1d100 = 30

JIC: 1d20 = 12
1d100 = 87

Blackman wrote:"They've been here for a while I think. Pleased to meet you... Ashlynn."


She smiles at him. "Pleasure's all mine! I like meeting new people, especially people who are friends with people I'm friends with. You're Weiss' friend, right? I don't mean to assume. That was a sweet limo, by the way, I don't think I've ever been in a car that nice oh crap I'm babbling again aren't I..." She glares at Barracuda and slaps him (not too hard) on the arm. "You're supposed to STOP me when I do that!" She turns back to Blackman. "Sorry. I get excited."

Barry Cuda wrote:"I don't really know. This is the first I've heard of them. But they're gonna think twice about messing with the Heroes For Hire. We're no slouches and next time they come for us, we'll be ready."


Ashlynn grins at the Prince of Lemuria. "You're not wrong." Actually... if it weren't for Grant's talisman I don't know that I'd have survived... but working together like we do we're pretty strong... even if I am the weak link...

Weiss wrote:"McGrath is definitely not here anymore. Like I said, whatever he is looking for is in the Magic Zone, so he's either there or on his way. His method of travel has not been established, only it is unlikely to be teleportation. The Sunaj want him, probably for whatever he has been searching for. I don't imagine that'll be of benefit to anybody on the continent that Atlantis gets something probably powerful."


Ashlynn nods conspiratorially. "Them Sunaj haven't been shy about killing anyone they think is in their way, either - truck accidents, bombs, and outright attacks. If they're the folks I think they are."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/40
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Virtus » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 12:52pm
Climate: 52F, overcast
Visibility: 200ft
Terrain: Urban
Ley Line within 1 mile
Heavy radio traffic
numerous magics in use
Moderate ground and air traffic due to fire. 500+ ground and air signatures moving various directions at speeds from walking up to 200mph within 1 mile. 100+ vehicles and individuals in move in various places within 500ft


Ninevar takes a seat in the front room and accepts Grant's courteous offer, replying "Do you have lemonade? I do enjoy lemonade." he says. His voice still projects though it has the sound of one aged.

When Ronith enters the room, he stands and salutes the Lord of Granite Hall. "I came as soon as Sir Zero Moon sent word of your appointment."

"I have no doubt been negligent in my duties by not announcing myself at the Hall previously; you must forgive me. My team is embroiled in some manner of scheme and I fear that innocent lives hang in the balance. However I have some time to talk now while the others finalize their preparations for departure; you picked a fortuitous time to arrive. Tell me, what brings you all the way to MercTown?"


Ninevar retrieves a satchel, handing it to Ronith. "There will will find a reports on the Hall including finances, projected maintenance, staff and miscellaneous other items. Fifteen thousand credits is my projected expenses for the next quarter if that is within your means. I do my best to present a report in person at least quarterly. Beyond that I thought it prudent to meet in person. When you do make it back, you can familiarize yourself with the Hall. Until then I will serve you to the best of my ability. Are there any specific questions you have for me?"

While Ronith and Ninevar speak, Rae peaks in on the two, curious about the new arrival.

-----

Beltin and Grant engage Whyne. No doubt to them she is always calculating how every interaction may benefit her. She can't be trusted as a true ally, but it does seem like she adheres to some fashion of law regarding her work. "Since there is a third party involved, I would want twenty five thousand seeing as this may get physical. That's advisory rates. I'll still need intel but ultimately I am just providing you insight into their methodology."

In a few moments to himself, Beltin does make his way to First Edition to peruse the books. Without too much trouble he does find the books in question. "How to become a gumshoe in 30 days? It's not bad, but I thought it needed more pictures." says the clerk with a smile. Purchases made, Beltin finds his way back quickly.

-----

Barracuda, Weiss and Ashlynn are still with Blackman. The man behind the screens puzzles for a bit. "Well, that is all I have for you at this time. Do excercise caution. I've heard that the Sunaj have some other beings with them. Powerful hitters. With the waters the Sunaj have been disturbing, keep an eye out for the Federation and other players. It may get messy John." he says with what seems to be a half smile. Weiss looks at his watch and does indeed see time is getting on.

Pending any other errands, the team finds themselves back at the Haven while Ronith continues speaking with Ninevar. Final preparations are made by everyone else.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:57 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 32
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 60

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 74%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 84%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 700'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 69/78
  • P.P.E.: 572/572
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics


Cook 79% vs 1d100 = 45 | Making Lemonade

Grant listens to the old man's request. "I will see what I can find." He hustles back to the kitchen, looking in the fridge. Not finding any lemonade, he looks in the freezer and finds a can of lemon concentrate. He quickly finds a pitcher and pours in the mix and water. He takes a sip and adds some sugar to it. He finds a tray and sets it with two glasses, he fills both then places the pitcher on the tray. He carries it back out to Sir Ronith and his new employee and puts it down on the table between them. He hands the glass to the guest.

Going back to Whyne and Beltin, he hears her offer. Are we paying her to be our prisoner? Grant gives an imperceptible shrug as he waits for Beltin to decide if he wants to accept the offer.

In the time before they leave, Grant recharges any of the talismans that had been used in the last 24 hours since he'd given them out, using the ley line energy to quickly accomplish the task.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:56 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 66 /72%
JIC: 1d20 = 6| 1d100 = 1%
-----------------------------------
Whyne's going rate brings a look of consternation to Beltin's face. Seems we can either have ourselves an uncooperative captive or spend 25k to secure her help. She seems quite competent in her trade and likely will have useful information to share. Not everyone we encounter will share our moral compass, but we may have need to leverage her knowledge to succeed in what is obviously going to be a dangerous situation. With a nod, Beltin will consent, "Very well. I, Beltin Delhomme of Heroes for Hire, do hereby agree to secure your services for the duration of this investigation for twenty five thousand credits."

With that done, Beltin turns his attention to running the quick errand. He will secure the following books:
  • How to become a gumshoe in 30 days
  • Surveillance 101
  • Inventor's Guide to Electronics
  • Computers and You.
  • Campbell's Biology (15th edition)
  • Introduction to Chemistry
  • Analytical Chemistry
  • Physical BIochemistry
  • Multivariable Calculus
  • Forensic Sciences
  • Practical Spectroscopy: Advanced Techniques in Raman, X-ray, Photo-luminescence and UV/Vis
  • Fundamentals of Mechanics

He returns to the Haven looking more like a Rogue scholar with his books. Despite their awkwardness, Beltin tries to bring them with him on their mission.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Weiss » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:58 am

Perception 35% 1d100 = 25
JIC 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 39

Virtus wrote:Barracuda, Weiss and Ashlynn are still with Blackman. The man behind the screens puzzles for a bit. "Well, that is all I have for you at this time. Do exercise caution. I've heard that the Sunaj have some other beings with them. Powerful hitters. With the waters the Sunaj have been disturbing, keep an eye out for the Federation and other players. It may get messy John." he says with what seems to be a half smile. Weiss looks at his watch and does indeed see time is getting on.


Weiss nods to Blackman, moving to get up.
"Thank you for your time and the information. As for getting messy, it always does. Watch your back around the Sunaj. They have the tendency to try to kill people who have taken an interest in this matter."

He offers Blackman his hand and afterwards, he gets out of the car and motions for the other two to follow. Once out of the car and moving away, he finally says something.

"Well, that didn't tell us much, but we might have to worry about a few other factions. Whatever is going on is attracting a lot of attention from a lot of bad people. We saw something in a rift outside in the rain to back up what he said about more powerful allies, which in itself is more worrying as three of them overwhelmed Sir Ronith.

Sighing as he considered what they were potentially up against, he scratches his beard before continuing. "Best head back to the NG store, get everything we still need and back to the Haven."

He looks Ben and Ash over, evaluating what he saw and what he knew about them. "Ash, I hate to say this, but you do seem to be light on offensive capacity, certainly at a distance. Are you sure you don't want a bigger pistol or upgrade to a rifle?

He heads back to the NG store to supervise loading of the truck with the items purchased and while he is at, buys any manuals they have on Northern Gun Robots and any robots in general. Learn everything I can. Most common robots on the market, best to learn their weaknesses and strengths. Some of them I haven't even seen yet. Best not to be surprised.

As soon as everything is loaded up, Weiss takes the truck back to the Haven, alert to their surroundings just in case, but also considering what he knew about the forces of Atlantis and what might be deployed against them. Guessing they have some bigger armour than that power armour to throw at us.

OOC Comments
how much for the manuals?
Lore: D-Bee 34% 1d100 = 72 FAIL
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:59 am

Perception: 55% 1d100 = 35

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 2

Weiss wrote:"Well, that didn't tell us much, but we might have to worry about a few other factions. Whatever is going on is attracting a lot of attention from a lot of bad people. We saw something in a rift outside in the rain to back up what he said about more powerful allies, which in itself is more worrying as three of them overwhelmed Sir Ronith."


Ashlynn's interest piques. "Ooh.. a rift? What'd ya see? I once went by a rift but Pangur Ban wouldn't let me near it. Is... is the rift still there? Maybe we could go check it out." I wonder what Blackman's gonna do with the info... he didn't have much info to help us out... so... maybe he has a plan of his own? Need to watch out for him, I guess.

Weiss wrote:"Ash, I hate to say this, but you do seem to be light on offensive capacity, certainly at a distance. Are you sure you don't want a bigger pistol or upgrade to a rifle?"


Ash looks a bit taken aback. "Pangur Ban only ever let me have a light pistol... I guess he was afraid of me causing more damage than necessary, which is TOTALLY unfair. I only hit our ATV with that rifle once! Anyhow... they were gonna teach me rifles, but they... we got separated before they could, so I'm only good with pistols right now. But if you're buying me a bigger pistol, I'll happily take one... or even two! I could be that girl shooting two guns at once, at different targets, all, AAAAAAHHHHH!!! KSH-KSH-KSH-KSH" Ash makes finger guns and mimics shooting in wildly divergent directions. "That'd be totally awesome. I could bounce all over the battlefield, and shoot all over the place, pop down next to someone and BAM right in the coconut, point-blank, and then bounce away. So, yeah! Two guns! That'd be awesome!"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/40
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ronith » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:47 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 25
PER: 1d100 = 66 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Virtus wrote:"There will will find a reports on the Hall including finances, projected maintenance, staff and miscellaneous other items. Fifteen thousand credits is my projected expenses for the next quarter if that is within your means. I do my best to present a report in person at least quarterly. Beyond that I thought it prudent to meet in person. When you do make it back, you can familiarize yourself with the Hall. Until then I will serve you to the best of my ability. Are there any specific questions you have for me?"
Ronith quickly glances at the first couple of pages of the report. "I do not wish to detain you unnecessarily- I assume there is nothing urgent here? If so reading this may have to wait until after we return from our current mission." Time permitting, Ronith will read the report (or just flip through it looking for anything especially interesting or concerning), then lay it aside.

As to his new steward's second request, Ronith pulls out his secured credit card and transfers 100,000 credits ((I took the liberty of deducting it from my sheet already)). "Here- take enough for the year. If you need more do not hesitate to ask."

Once the transaction is concluded, Ronith ponders Ninevar's question before shaking his head. "I think not. If there is anything you think I need to know, by all means do not hesitate to speak up. If you know of a good, safe route to the Granite Hall from MercTown I would be grateful for that information- we may be able to travel there via Rift, but if we cannot knowing a good overland route could be useful. Do you require accommodation while you are here in MercTown? The Haven's guest rooms are a little spartan, and the building itself is not in the best of shape at the moment, but we have space that you are most welcome to use if you wish."

Ronith then casts a furtive glance around- looking for Rae, and/or any evidence that she is nearby listening. "I suppose there is one other thing." He leans forward and lowers his voice so that any errant apprentices cannot overhear it. "I was recently approached by a young woman who wishes to enter the order. She shows promise, but is a bit too eager to prove herself, and I fear that continued exposure to life in a mercenary company could prove hazardous. Is the Granite Hall equipped with facilities and personnel to take over the rest of her novitiate?" That would solve the dilemma nicely- give Rae somewhere to train where she is out from underfoot but does not feel that I have dismissed her.

Once their conversation is concluded Ronith stands, shakes Ninevar's hand, shows him to guest quarters (if he's staying), and wraps up the team's preparations. Ronith for his part will load his standard traveling gear (including his hovercycle) into the APC's secure troop bay- he will tuck his backpack into an appropriately sized locker so that he can 'travel light' but still have his core supplies handy. Ronith will direct everyone else to do the same and take up stations within the APC. Ronith for his part will man one of the gunnery stations closest to the troop bay (in case he needs to zip out on his hovercycle) after saying his farewells to Zoe and those others staying behind.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Weiss » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:55 am

Rolls carried

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn's interest piques. "Ooh.. a rift? What'd ya see? I once went by a rift but Pangur Ban wouldn't let me near it. Is... is the rift still there? Maybe we could go check it out."


Weiss was surprised by Ashlynn's sudden interest in the rift. It wasn't his area of experitse

Oh, uhmmm, I didn't see much myself," he explains, slightly caught off guard, "and its not there anymore, but if you want to know more, Grant got close to it in the middle of the fight."


Ashlynn wrote:Ash looks a bit taken aback. "Pangur Ban only ever let me have a light pistol... I guess he was afraid of me causing more damage than necessary, which is TOTALLY unfair. I only hit our ATV with that rifle once! Anyhow... they were gonna teach me rifles, but they... we got separated before they could, so I'm only good with pistols right now. But if you're buying me a bigger pistol, I'll happily take one... or even two! I could be that girl shooting two guns at once, at different targets, all, AAAAAAHHHHH!!! KSH-KSH-KSH-KSH" Ash makes finger guns and mimics shooting in wildly divergent directions. "That'd be totally awesome. I could bounce all over the battlefield, and shoot all over the place, pop down next to someone and BAM right in the coconut, point-blank, and then bounce away. So, yeah! Two guns! That'd be awesome!"


Oh god, why did I say anything Weiss regrets opening up his mouth, but should have been used to this by now. Still, she’s a grown adult and needs to be able to pull her own weight.

At the NG store, John swipes 375k onto each of their cred sticks, before he reaches into the gear he purchased and pulls out the NG45 LP pistol.

OOC Comments
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Image
• Weight: 5 lbs (2.25 kg)
• Range: 1,200 feet (366 m)
• Mega-Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each shot counts as one melee attack
• Payload: 8 shots

We have an armoury, lets use it.


“Might I suggest you purchase one or two of these then, with some extra e-clips. These have a lot more stopping power than what you are carrying.” And not so much as to cause catastrophic problems if you get over excitable again. “We should be able to recharge the e-clips, but firefights do quickly drain ammo. Also, pick up a battle harness and one for me as well and some holsters. Best to not be reliant on a backpack to carry gear in combat, so extra carry capacity is better with easy access.” He lets Ashlynn hold it to get a feel for the pistol, being larger and heavier than the one she currently carried.

Once their business has concluded, Weiss drives the truck back to the haven, parking it up in the garage, but keeping an eye out for trouble. He has a feeling that the Sunaj managed to get in through the garage last time and didn’t want to repeat that.

Once back, he reports into Sir Ronith to apprise him of what they had learned.
“We sold the power armour; there is 375k for each of us.” As he sees each of Ronith, Beltin and Grant, he swipes the money onto their credsticks if they want the money. If any of them refuse, he'll accept but keep it to one side in case they change their mind.

“The Blue Beauty has reloads and we are more combat ready for close quarters. Got a couple of items to put in the APC in case of medical emergencies.
We spoke to my contact Blackman. He didn’t have much, but he did make us aware of a few things. He confirmed the Atlantis connection as did the salvager. They have moved out of Merctown and have some powerful backup. They are not the only group interested in Professor McGrath; it looks like he’s attracted the attention of the Federation and possibly other groups. Looks like it’s not just a two way race."


He waits for any questions for any further questions from Sir Ronith before heading off to get things set up ready to leave.

"I will get everything loaded up on the APC, then we should be good to go, providing we take that detour via the garage first for the Blue Beauty."

After getting things stowed away, including most of his worldly belongings in the APC and puts the medical kits in one of the overhead lockers, he turns to find Zac standing on the ramp, his pack on his back as if he was coming with them.

"Hey kiddo," Weiss greets his son, as he places the medical kits in the locker and closes it, "with any luck, this should only take a few days to a week at most...."

"Dad, you can't just leave me here. Zac interrupts him, his face stern as only a teenager can produce when they think they are wronged.

"Most of the remaining money is staying here, you will be taken care of until I get back. I know this isn't what we wanted but ...." Weiss tries to explain to his son; it wasn't the first time he'd been away, but he kept not being around. Weiss' heart sinks as he wonders if he has been failing his son and not being a good enough father.

"I don't care about the money. Mum's gone, who knows where and if she even wants to come back. I'm not losing you too. You are basically leaving me with strangers. Are you planning to come back or are you going to duck out like Mum?"

Weiss feels a dagger to the heart by the accusation; he understand where the accusation came from, but even so it hurt. Both he and Jazia loved their son, this situation was causing so many issues and he still worried that Zac was affected by what he saw back at the farm. The best thing he can do is keep him as far away from the violence as possible; unfortunately, violence was Weiss job and he was quite good at it.

Weiss unclips his Wilks Pistol and holster from his belt and hands them to Zac, before pulling out the photo of the three of them.

"This stays with me always. I am not going anywhere. We are going out to save two people and maybe prevent something far worse from happening. This is something that is worthwhile. The right thing can be the hardest thing to do. Leaving you behind here is the right thing. It is going to be dangerous and I can't guarantee I can protect you, but I promise you, nothing in this universe will stop me from getting back to you. Nothing at all!"

Don't you dare get hurt," Zac sobs, as he buries his head in Weiss' chest, fists banging on his armoured chest. The mercenary puts an arm around his son and holds him for a few minutes whilst he gets it out.

As Zac leaves the APC, if he spots Ashlynn, he says something pointedly at her.

You keep him alive. Don't let do anything stupid and heroic. he tells her deadly serious.

OOC Comments
Everybody gets 375k
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:17 am

(Rolls carried over)

Ashlynn's eyes boggle at the amount Weiss transfers onto her cred stick. Oh! "Oh. Oh! Thaaat's... a LOT of money. Are... Are you sure?"

weiss wrote:“Might I suggest you purchase one or two of these then, with some extra e-clips. These have a lot more stopping power than what you are carrying. We should be able to recharge the e-clips, but firefights do quickly drain ammo. Also, pick up a battle harness and one for me as well and some holsters. Best to not be reliant on a backpack to carry gear in combat, so extra carry capacity is better with easy access.”


Ashlynn nods, and places her order at the counter, using her charm and horse-sense to try to negotiate a better price.

Charm 50% 1d100 = 71 (FAIL)
Eyeball a Fella 68% 1d100 = 20 (SUCCESS)
Barter 66% 1d100 = 31 (SUCCESS)

Shopping List
(2) NG-45LP

NG-45LP Long Pistol
Image
• Weight: 5 lbs (2.25 kg)
• Range: 1,200 feet (366 m)
• Mega-Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each shot counts as one melee attack
• Payload: 8 shots


(10) E-clips

(2) Holsters

(2) Battle Harnesses


Done - Zoe (cost you 85, 000 cr - already deducted)

Once her business is concluded, she spends the drive back to the Haven admiring and familiarizing herself with her two new pistols. These are so much nicer and newer than my NG-33 - but Hagbard gave me that one... She feels an odd sense of comfort from her NG-33, and the thought of 'replacing' it gives her a sense of unease. She decides, No. I'm not replacing it. I'm never giving up my NG-33. It'll stay with me. It's all I have left from my family.

Once there, Ash will gear up with her two new sidearms, and then help Weiss load up the APC.

As Weiss and Zac talk, Ash hangs back, listening but exhibiting an odd level of restraint for her. She stops what she's doing as Zac approaches her.

Zac wrote:You keep him alive. Don't let him do anything stupid and heroic.


Ash hugs him tightly, goosebumps visible on her arms. "Zac... I'm not going to let anything happen to him. I made you a promise - we are getting your family back together." She releases him, a little, so she can look him in the eyes. "I know what you're going through... I know how hard this is." She lowers her voice to a whisper and leans in close to his ear. "So trust me when I say if I have to kill every motherf@$#% between Dweomer and here to get your dad home safe I will do exactly that." She smiles at him, and hugs him tightly once more before letting him go.

"I never break my promises."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/40
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Barracuda » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 85

Barracuda is quiet at Blackman's, nodding and thanking their guest on the way out. "Thank you for your time, sir."

When they leave, Barracuda just says "Business meetings like that make me nervous. I never know what to do with my hands." On the way to the truck, with Ash's display of ridiculousness regarding guns, Barracuda's somber mood lifts. "Definitely get her two guns."

When Weiss slides some money on to his card at Northern Gun, Barracuda smiles and heads in to the store to look around. He doesn't grab anything except some (5) long eClips for his current weapons, but he takes note of the armor selection. "Hey Weiss, do you think they do custom jobs for this Streetwolf line? I'd like to get something in my supersuit colors."

Back at the Haven, Barracuda puts on his Amphib Armor, loads up his utility belt and grabs King Tide and Njord's Passion before getting on the APC for transport.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Virtus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 1:30pm
Climate: 52F, overcast
Visibility: 200ft
Terrain: Urban
Ley Line within 1 mile
Heavy radio traffic
numerous magics in use
Moderate ground and air traffic due to fire. 500+ ground and air signatures moving various directions at speeds from walking up to 200mph within 1 mile. 100+ vehicles and individuals in move in various places within 500ft


Ninevar confirms that the information on Granite Hall is pretty mundane. Nothing out of sorts currently. He laughs at the overland route. Providing a map he says, "Here is a land route. It's almost exclusively used for moving large bands of people. Though I haven't personally tried the route, leaning towards magic. He pays careful attention as Ronith lays out the plan for Rae. Ninevar nods in agreement. Yes. Room for one who seeks the knighthood? We certainly do! Just the thing we need at the Hall." Ninevar seems to jump at the idea, though quietly. It's clear retirement is not to his liking. The opportunity to help mentor seems to be to his liking. A furtive shadow can be glimpsed at a door way but does not move, likely unable to hear well. "Also, you're busy as you should be, but if you have time the staff are anxious to meet the new Lord of the Hall." he says taking a drink.

Rae finally reveals herself from her doorway bowing quite formally to Ronith and Ninevar. "I am Rae. I didn't know we had a guest. Well a new, new guest." she says awkwardly clearly curious about the clandestine conversation, her boldness likely taking over. Assuming Ronith explains Rae path, she takes it as a standing order. Though she idolizes Ronith, his direction gives her focus. Ninevar accepts the guest accomodations and will see that she gets packed before they leave on the day following. Rae bids everyone fairwell. "When we next meet, you will call me Lady Rae." she says with solemn conviction before cracking a small smile.

The exchange between Zac and Weiss is a tense one. The world has not been kind to the boy and endures the reality of what it brings.

Ashlynn accessorizes and gathers with everyone else in the APC. Grant prepares to move them all to Dwoemer so they make arrangements with the College to access the power available at the nexus.

Goodbyes are said and everyone buckles in.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Weiss » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:31 am

Perception 35% 1d100 = 63
JIC 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 52

He brings through several items from the armoury to stow in the APC. Just because they had a vehicle, it didn't mean that it could go everywhere.

OOC Comments
Presuming we might take these
Assorted flavor MREs (x400)

Assorted vehicular stowage webbing & secure straps

Overland Harness and Frame Backpack (x8)
• S.D.C.: 50
• Description: p.252, NG2

All-in-One Utility Belt (x8)
• Description: p.251, NG2

NG-S2 Basic Survival Pack (x6)

(1) TW Shelter (medium) (Dinosaur Swamp p. 98)
(1) TW Self-Inflating Rubber Raft
Each raft has (5) MDC and is large enough for six passengers. Auto-inflation/deflation 6 P.P.E. will inflate or deflate the raft completely in 15 seconds (one melee). This is the only way to inflate or deflate the raft. When deflated the raft folds into a 1'x1'x6" square and weighs 15 lbs. Each raft also comes with 4 plastic oars.
Field Medic Kit (MercOps p.118)
Universal E-clip recharger (MercOps p.118)


Weiss asks Zoe and Marit to look after Zac while he is gone, before taking his position as driver of the APC. He was the only one capable of driving her, though it had been a while since he had driven one. The farm had used a tractor, which he had gotten quite familiar with, as well a hover truck for transporting crops for sale. Neither of those were a machine designed for war, but it soon comes back to Weiss as he carries out pre-start checks. An APC like this was a lot more complicated than a hover truck, with a long handy checklist for him to go through.

"Power, check
Front Sensors, check
Rear sensors, check
Engine, check
Rail gun, check
Sliding metal covers, check
Side laser turrets, check
Headlights, check
Retractable Sensor Pod, check
Side Laser Turrets, check."


Once he finishes the checks, he buckles himself into his seat, before turning back to look at the others in communications and gunners seats (and whomever is in the co-pilot seat next to him. Looks like this it. Time to go He felt a twinge leaving Zac behind, but considering the danger they were heading into, it was best he stayed behind. He hoped he would be able to keep his promise; if not, well he doubted he would be able to recriminate much.

"Everybody buckled in?" he calls out to the others from the driver's seat, "if not, hang on as I'm taking her out."

Gently, he maneuvers the H4H APC out of the garage and into the streets to Merctown heading towards the garage. Once there, he stops the APC at the garage and spends a few minutes negotiating the Blue Beauty into the hold, taking up most of the space with the giant robot. Good thing I don't have any of the larger models, otherwise she wouldn't fit.

Grant he spoke to the mage, "when you get chance to do your thing, its mostly damage to the main body that requires fixing up. Hopefully, we won't need her the instant we get over there. Speaking of which, do we know whom to contact so we don't get shot up the second we emerge from a rift?"
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Grant Latham » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:53 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 35

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 74%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 84%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 700'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 69/78
  • P.P.E.: 572/572
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics


When Weiss transfer the funds, Grant whistles and says, "Nice, good job on selling that wreckage, thanks John." His thoughts immediately turn to what magic he could purchase at the guild the next time he has some downtime. His training as a Lord Magi colors his thoughts with the desire for magic that can be cast quickly.

Grant stores his pack in the APC and grabs a seat.

Weiss wrote:"Grant," he says to the mage, "when you get chance to do your thing, its mostly damage to the main body that requires fixing up. Hopefully, we won't need her the instant we get over there. Speaking of which, do we know whom to contact so we don't get shot up the second we emerge from a rift?"

Grant responds, "Great, the time it takes will really be dependent on how much damage was sustained. The magic's efficiency when repairing military grade armor and equipment is extremely poor. As far as a contact as a Lord Magi, technically I am charged with the defense of Dweomer, I will make contact prior to us passing through the portal, there are some pass phrases that I know. In any event, someone who knows how to get to Dweomer is typically considered a friend. If we were considered an enemy most likely they'd tried to misdirect us rather than reveal their presence."

At the ley line, Grant first takes the time to assist Weiss with the repair of his robot and casts Mend the Broken. He weaves the magic and energy flows from his hands flowing over the damaged armored plating filling in the gaps and then solidying. The damaged areas arer restored to as good as new as even the paint is repaired.

Breathing a bit heavily from the effort of absorbing and expending so much energy so quickly, he asks, "There John, is there anything that I have missed?"

Fixing the Robot
Absorbing 3xPPE. takes 21 min fromm 0 P.P.E. on a ley line, 10.5 min at a nexus. This allows Grant to restore 57 M.D.C. each time. If I am readying Weiss' sheet correctly Grant has to restore 110 M.D.C.

When everyone is in their seats, Grant moves to the front of the APC and stands before it. He pulls in the energy from the ley line and begins the incantation to open a Dimensional Portal to Dwoemer. He focuses his will on a memory of a road that he saw outside the gates of the city. The air in front of him wavers, a crack of blue white energy appears and rapidly grows to 40' in height. Then it expands widening, the road visible in the tear of space time.

He adjust the frequency on his radio to a frequency used by the Dwoemer defense forces which he is a member in absentia. "Dwoemer, this is Lord Magi Grant Latham, I am returning with my team, the Heroes 4 Hire. We are bringing through an APC and robot vehicle. Do you copy?" He provides his confirmation/security code when asked.

Upon confirmation, he waves towards the APC and walks through the rift moving to the side to allow it to pass. Once through, he closes the rift with a thought, the energy released back into the line.

Spells Cast
  • Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.
  • Mend the Broken | 30 P.P.E./M.D.C | BOM 108 | Instant
  • Dimensional Portal | 1000 P.P.E. | BOM 152 | 11.5 min (at nexus)
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:17 am

Perception: 52% 1d100 = 29

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 37


Rae wrote: day following. Rae bids everyone fairwell. "When we next meet, you will call me Lady Rae."


Ashlynn smiles, "That's Awesome! 'Cuda and I decided that I can call myself Mega Killrocket Superstar... but you can keep callin' me Ash if you want."

Once all the gear is properly stowed, Ashlynn has no other duties than to buckle herself in. If one of the Gunners'stations is open, she buckles in there. I've been trained on these things, but I've never had the chance to really let loose... She fantasizes herself opening up on some hapless monster or CS patrol with the weapon, leaving a smoking crater. Her hands become itchy as she admires the controls.

Ashlynn watches as Weiss buckles the Blue Beauty into the Hold - she last saw it a couple days ago, but could immediately see the damage it took in the recent battle.

"Oh no! Poor baby!" She says with utmost sincerity, and moves to examine the damage as the PA gets buckled in. Then, she watches in amazement as Grant repairs the damage. "Whoa... Look at the big magic on Grant." She looks at him with an earnest admiration.

She takes but a moment to admire the repair work before strapping herself back into the gunner's station.

Look out now. Bad-asses with heavy weaponry comin' through.

As Grant opens a portal to Dweomer big enough to drive the APC through, Ashlynn can't help but whistle. "I chose the wrong line of work, I think." As they drive through, however, she remains on the alert, looking for hostiles.

Weapons free. Somebody say weapons free. Ashlynn cannot suppress a giggle.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/40
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Weiss » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:53 am

Rolls Carried

NG Store

Barracuda wrote:When they leave, Barracuda just says "Business meetings like that make me nervous. I never know what to do with my hands."


“Generally keep them still. Don’t go waving them around. Makes you look like an idiot.

Barracuda wrote:"Hey Weiss, do you think they do custom jobs for this Streetwolf line? I'd like to get something in my supersuit colors


“Probably, but I doubt we have the time to do it now. Look into when we get back. Still got the money, but then you can do it at your hearts content."

John saw something in the back which caught his attention; hanging off a mock up robot statue was a portable house. The video playing at the side shows how it was supposed to work;
“Oh we have to get that. Hopefully we can convince Ronith to pay for it. Sadly, we can’t get two, but at least we can take it turns sleeping in some comfort. Anything is better than sleeping in the APC or in tents and judging by that material, it can take something of a hit from weapon fire as well, which is a bonus. From everything I’ve seen so, this is going to be a trip into the wilderness”

OOC Comments
Already agreed by Ronith in hangouts for the robot patio - 100k


Haven

Grant Latham wrote:When Weiss transfer the funds, Grant whistles and says, "Nice, good job on selling that wreckage, thanks John."


“Ashlynn did most of the heavy lifting on this one. Managed to argue a bit more cash out of the guy, though we do now have an agreement to give him first dibs on any salvage we generate from now on.” Weiss explains, not wanting to take credit for something somebody else did.

APC
John watches in amazement as Grant’s magic repairs the Blue Beauty in front of his eyes. He can see that it takes a lot of effort from the young mage, so it wasn’t something that could be done on the fly as it were. Even so, it was impressive to say the least and it made his heart soar to see his pride and joy back to full health.

Grant Latham wrote:Breathing a bit heavily from the effort of absorbing and expending so much energy so quickly, he asks, "There John, is there anything that I have missed?"


Weiss takes a quick look around her, tapping on the armour to test it. Not that he doubted Grant's abilities, but this was new, so it was best to make sure. Otherwise, I might find myself in a sticky situation because I think she's more intact than she is.
“No, it looks like you've fixed all the damage. Can't say a hundred percent sure until I run a diagnostic, but certainly seems like it. Can this handle anything complicated like say electronic repairs? Just want to get the feel for the extent of the spell." Weiss enquires of Grant, as he runs his hand over the now unblemished areas, "its one thing to repair armour plating. Electronics are always more of a pig to fix, or so the operators used to say."

Ashlynn wrote:She takes but a moment to admire the repair work before strapping herself back into the gunner's station.


Oh lord, Ashlynn is on the rail gun. At least she can actually use it if needed. Weiss raised an eyebrow, as he settled back into the Driver's seat.

Grant Latham wrote:Upon confirmation, he waves towards the APC and walks through the rift moving to the side to allow it to pass. Once through, he closes the rift with a thought, the energy released back into the line.


As Grant creates the portal and waves them through, he breathes deeply before taking the plunge into possible danger. The lack of control they had in case somebody on the other end didn't like their presence bothered him. Normally, there was some nerves, but using a major spell like this, it just exacerbated it. Slowly, he drives the APC through, ready for danger.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Ronith » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:27 am

JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 8
PER: 1d100 = 32 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Ronith will pause before accepting the spoils from Weiss' sold powered armor. "It is standard for us to offer a signing bonus to all new members, so that they may ensure they are properly equipped. I shall accept this for the moment, but if you have any unmet requirements for the mission ahead of us you need only ask."

Virtus wrote:"Here is a land route. It's almost exclusively used for moving large bands of people. Though I haven't personally tried the route, leaning towards magic.
Ronith commits the route to memory, nodding in response to Ninevar. "As do I, but my team has had to do without magical transport before."

Virtus wrote:"Also, you're busy as you should be, but if you have time the staff are anxious to meet the new Lord of the Hall."
Ronith nods again. "Aye, I intend to. As soon as my responsibilities here are complete- we are facing some dangerous adversaries, and I would not wish to leave them free to cause mischief nor to lead them to the Hall. As soon as we can, we shall make the journey."

Virtus wrote:"I am Rae. I didn't know we had a guest. Well a new, new guest."
Having secured Ninevar's agreement, Ronith is eager to get rid of send Rae to train. Upon his erstwhile apprentice's arrival, Ronith turns and smiles. "Ah, Rae, come in. This is Sir Ninevar, a cyber-knight and my steward at the Granite Hall. We were just discussing you, as a matter of fact. Sir Ninevar has agreed to take over your training; you shall accompany him back to the Granite Hall. While you know I appreciate your assistance with matters here in town, as well as your courage, a mercenary company is no place for an apprentice cyber-knight. I am given to understand that the Hall is far better suited to the task before you. Rest assured, I shall monitor your progress closely via Sir Ninevar. Pack your things and make ready to leave." While Ronith would prefer it if Rae were actively enthusiastic about leaving to go train, he realizes that her youth and taste for action make that unlikely, and he firmly believes what he said about a mercenary company, even Heroes for Hire, being no place for an apprentice. So he reluctantly phrases his request as an order, confident that Rae will obey.

Virtus wrote:"When we next meet, you will call me Lady Rae."
Ronith smiles. "Dame Rae, unless the order has changed its naming conventions since last I checked." He nods to both Rae and Ninevar. "Safe travels to you both; work hard, Rae. I have high expectations of your progress when I come to the Hall to visit. Until then, farewell.

With his gear loaded into the APC, Ronith will take up the communications station unless one of the others makes a compelling case for doing so themselves. While proficient in heavy weapons, Ronith is partially counting on his history with Dweomer to ease their arrival. In addition, the communications station is likely to be close to the APC cargo area, into which he can duck and grab his hovercycle for a quick way into any trouble they encounter. He will sign off on any last-minute purchases the others require, funding them himself (within reason), then order them to leave MercTown and head to Dweomer.

Cocking an eyebrow when Grant identifies himself as a magus, Ronith waits for a moment then adds "This is Sir Ronith Turand of Heroes for Hire. We are on business that I prefer not to discuss over an open channel; request permission to approach the city and meet with a representative of the Three so that we may enter."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Barracuda » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 66

Not finding much he needed at the Northern Gun store, Barracuda wishes Rae farewell and stands at the ready for transport to Dweomer.

Watching Grant's spell impresses him quite a bit.
Ashlynn wrote:"I chose the wrong line of work, I think."

"Yeah, that was... wow." The Dimensional Portal reminds him of how he arrived in this dimension in the first place. Y'know, I think I might like it here after all. The crew respects me, unlike back home. I seem to be getting more powerful. Maybe the rift did something to my physiology. And... Barracuda looks over at Ashlynn at the gunner's station. There's some new good reasons to stay here. He looks around at the gathered crew and smiles. Yup. This might be the life for me. He rests up for a while, relaxing in his seat in the APC.

When they transport through the portal, he takes a look at their surroundings. "So, this is the place?"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Long Shadows of Twilight

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:24 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 70 /72%
JIC: 1d20 = 8| 1d100 = 77%
-----------------------------------
Beltin quietly finds a seat in the back of the APC. Carefully, he secures the books beneath his seat (except How to gumshoe) and straps himself in. I'm glad that we have a proper driver for this beast. Don't need to rely on my psychic intuition to drive it.

Taking his time, he will begin reading the book ((Literacy: American. 1d100 = 58/62%)).

Beltin feels a bit anti-social and keeps to himself even amidst the grandeur of Grant's portal. A quiet smile affixes itself to the mind melter's face as others are awestruck by Grant's abilities. No doubt. He is certainly quite the multi-talented addition to this squad. A magical heavy hitter.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Previous

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest