Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:19 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: 10:00am
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 100ft
Terrain: Forest, no roads
Ley Line within 5 mile


Dr. Lisken screams as she is drug off at a high rate of speed by the things in the dark. Her screams are suddenly silence by an awful sound like a dog crunching a bone. Now only five of the team are left. Arlan, and elf, pants heavily obviously beginning to panick. "Great! Just great! I should have never taken this job. I should have known this job was CRAP when she just picked us out of line!" he yells at the presumably dead Lisken, firing if a laser blast in the direction of the now vanished shadow form. Of course, who could blame him as his brother suffered the same fate as Lisken little more than ten hours earlier.

"How much further?! It's been twelve hours already! Why?! WHY did we allow ourselves to get teleported here, where ever here is?" Tax an insect like D-bee says though a translator about its throat. The digitized voice communicates the dismay of being teleported into an unknown cave in the magic zone. Parking their vehicles outside, they entered the cave and walked, crawled and descended until they had found the remains of a town that had been consumed by a massive sink hole. No doubt the artifacts that had been entombed in that buried town were worth more than they would likely to be see in a life time. Too bad something had already claimed the area. Quite unfortunately the first victim was Bailey. She was co conspirator of Lisken but also their ride to there and back out. Sadly the only other magic user, Dustin, doesn't know how to teleport so much as a dandelion, let alone people. And as it is, he is clinging to life, being carried by Tax but otherwise unconscious as a vicious wound on his stomach continues to spill blood. Since that time they've been on the run back. They've lost about one person an hour but the end is near one way or the other.

The same is true for both Al and Ana. They were chosen along with many others that Dr. Lisken selected seemingly at random in the line waiting for entry into Merctown. Looking back it seems like she was mostly looking for cheap manual labor to tote back artifacts from a previous find she had made. Unfortunately Lisken demanded silence once the cave had been entered so getting to know one another on the way down was impossible and the journey back has made other matters more pressing.

With only three hundred feet standing between the group and safety Arlan snaps. Vengence overcomes reason. "I'm going to kill them all!" He pulls his pack off his back and fishes something that looks like a detonator! Quite made he runs off into the dark towards the shadow things last known position with a battle cry. His cry turns to anguished scream as a massive explosion rocks the cavern. Everyone make a mad dash to the cavern's mouth as it collapses behind them. In fact the whole hillside undulates as if it were alive before settling dozens of feet lower, throwing trees and rocks in many directions. Then it all stops and silence takes over. Tax looks at its fellow survivors before clicking. "Well we're alive."

Finally safe, Tax lays Dustin near Ana's hovercraft and Al's motorcycle. "He isn't well. He will die soon if he doesn't get help." he says to Ana and Al. Tax looks through Dustin's gear for something that might be of help. Amongst his belongings are maps. It seems as though Dustin may have also been a comparative of the Doctor as one of the maps has several notes about this cave and what was in it. To the west there is marked a place called Dweomer. It may be the only place close enough to help him.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Anastrace Anagheri » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:13 am

Damn it, why didn't I study medicine!

Tax, help me get Dustin in the back of the truck. Dweomer doesn't appear to be too far, and I'll put the pedal to metal to get us there. Whomever is good with a map, can you ride shotgun with me? I don't want a wrong turn to land us in the middle of nowhere out here. Ana jumps in the driver's seat of her hovertruck, waiting for everyone to get themselves into their vehicles as she starts the engine to the hovertruck.

Mental note, hose out back of the truck. Blood is disgusting and unsanitary.

Ana adjust the mirrors out of habit, checks the engine charge level, and gets ready to hit the road at top speed.

Perception: 44% 1d100 = 62

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 54


*edit, added rolls. thanks team!*
User avatar
Anastrace Anagheri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Wed May 02, 2018 11:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 30 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 86
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor= orange ,Lillian=pink, Jessie=purple.

As the group quickly escapes the tunnel and the dust settles, Alays can see Tax setting down Dustin on the ground around their vehicles. What kind of crap have i gotten myself into. If we don't get the hell outta her we’re all probably going to die.

Tax wrote: "He isn't well. He will die soon if he doesn't get help."


If he dies, he dies! ”Shut the fuck up Ivor!” Alays blurts out in an obvious fit of rage. Hurrying toward Tax and Dustin as if his outburst had not even happened. Alays helps Ana and Tax to get Dustin into Ana’s hovertruck. ”Once we get him in, I'll jump on my bike and go out in front. Maybe I can speed ahead and see if i can bring someone to meet you guys in route.” ”What's the point? He’s only gon’na die anyways. Why is he worth it to you?” ”Ivor, you suck a dick. Someone is dying and all you can do is think of yourself. No wonder nobody likes you. ”Lilian. Ivor. I said shut up. I can't concentrate you the two of you bickering. Besides, like I keep telling you guys. Only i can hear you. Everybody else just thinks I'm crazy. I AM but that's besides the point. Now shut up and hold on.” Alays hops on his motorcycle and fires the engine up. Hitting his palm against his head canisters, acting like they are malfunctioning or a sign to tell the others to be quiet for the moment. With that, he speeds off in the direction the town marked on the map.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Wed May 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Alays holds council with himself while they make their way towards this Dweomer. There are some unimproved roads through here, crossing small creeks and muddy hills. The going is slow. Ana can't shake the feeling that they are being watched. However, none of her own senses or the sensors on her vehicle provides any clues. Alays notices the same.

While the terrain is certainly unimproved there's no doubt the path they are on is regularly traveled, indicating a settlement nearby though typically they would have encountered farmlands or similar by now. In fact as time passes Ana becomes certain that she should have seen it by now. This also occurs to the others. As they muddle about looking for a town that doesn't appear to be here they run straight into a group of people. There are four of them, at least two look to be ley line walkers. They take a defensive posture as they also spot you.

The area is wooded as most everything else is around here. It's still rather early but clearly this group has business somewhere around here.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Fri May 04, 2018 4:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 5
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange
Lillian=Pink Jessie=Purple.

Bringing his motorcycle to a stop and the quartet comes into view. As the four take up a defensive position Alays readies his hand over his scattergun. He then proceeds to put a hand in a sign of friendship and easiness. ”Whoa there now, I didn't mean to startle you but we have a companion that's in dire need of medical attention. Do you think you could help us out or at least point us in the direction of the nearest town. Our friends here.” Looking around to see if any of the others have gotten out of their vehicles and point to Tax if Alays sees him. ”Has a map that says there should be a city somewhere around here. I believe it's called Dweomer. What say you guys? You think you can help us out? Alays keeps his hand ready for action just in case the quartet of strangers decide to become aggressive.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Anastrace Anagheri » Fri May 04, 2018 6:34 am

Perception: 44% 1d100 = 52
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 54

While Alays speaks to the group, Ana gets out of her truck, and takes up a position near the truck, with her hand on her vibroblade. Please, if you can help us, we would greatly appreciate it. Without medical attention, our companion will surely die. Leaning on the hood of the truck, Ana seems to space out for a moment, as she focuses on trying to read the intentions of the group.


Going to use Telepathy to try and scan surface thoughts of whomever speaks first, then moving to the others. Telepathy, 4 ISP used.
User avatar
Anastrace Anagheri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Tue May 08, 2018 9:08 am

A young human man approaches while the other three stay back though remain alert. A short but heavy build his posture is one of practiced preparedness. His face is partially obscured by a mask that pegs him as a leyline walker. "Dwoemer you say? Let me have a look at your map and the man." he says though the masks amplification.

Assuming that no one has objections, he looks over Dustin's many wounds and tsks loudly. "It's easy to lose your direction around here. I'll ride along and direct you. Keep the bike close behind the hovercraft." He waves his companions over. Garbed similarly to him they climb aboard. One, clearly taller than the rest appears to possibly be an elf, he ears being the giveaway. She tends to Dustin's wounds without a word from anyone else.

"My name is Diego. How did you come to be in place at all? It's dangerous to travel in this area, even armed as you are." he says before interrupting himself. "That path there. Take that one." he says and continues navigating you. Suddenly but imperceptibly the path turns into a road. Both Ana and Alays are quite sure that road should have been visible from their previous path. Whatever the cause, a great city stands before you. Like the road, there is no way you could have missed that from your previous path. Clearly powerful magics are at work. There is a line entering the city.

Falling into place Diego adds, "This place is secret. Keep it so if you know what is best for you. Even coming back however you may not see it if your intentions are misplaced. Welcome to Dweomer."

Image

The elf woman who was tending to Dustin seems to be making headway as he is once again conscious. "where are we?" he asks groggily. If informed that he is in Dweomer he replies. "Ah. Good. Take me to Doctor Spindelle. He can patch me up."

Diego and his companions disembark from Ana's hovercraft. "We've got our own business to attend to. Spindelle is straight ahead about a quarter mile. Look to the right for the yellow awning. Take care and be well."

Tax the insectoid looks uncomfortably around. "I do not like magic and this place is full of it. It's not to be trusted." he says clicking. Dustin, still in significant pain doesn't reply to Tax, but instead speaks to Alays and Ana. "Many thanks for getting me here. But I need you a bit further if you will oblige me. I'll pay at least for the transport if you get me to Spindelles." he says pointing down the road. Tax chatters in an agitated manner.

Signs of magic are everywhere. No doubt this city is full of it as Tax put it. Spindelles is easy enough to find. Parking outside on the road, Dustin hobbles out and into the door under the yellow awning. Tax however seems to become more animated before he finally says, "I am going before we are killed. I advise you all to do the same." he says as he picks up his pack and heads back for the gate without a glance back.

If you head into the office, you'll see that it's more of an apothecary than doctor's office. Glass cabinets house many potions and materials. An open door reveals a long hallways with many rooms. That portion looks more like a modern doctor's office. Dustin is not in the room. A quickflex clerk informs Ana and Alays that Dustin is seeing the doctor.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Wed May 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 67
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.

Dustin wrote:"Many thanks for getting me here. But I need you a bit further if you will oblige me. I'll pay at least for the transport if you get me to Spindelles."


”If an escort you need and are willing to pay, then I have no objections.” That was the line right? Whatever. The show must go on. Look at you pretty boy. What do you think this is a T.V. show? No, wait your crazy, never mind. I don't even know why I bother sometimes. [i] Because you know you like. Shut up Lillian, you don't know me. I'll just leave you two love birds to it. Didn’t I say double shot Americano with room for ice?
Alays finishes his inner squabble as comes back to reality.

Tax wrote:"I am going before we are killed. I advise you all to do the same."


With this que Alays’ paranoia starts to set in. He checks all his surroundings as he walks through the threshold of the medical establishment.

Streetwise 45% / 1d100 = 45 - To determine whether or not the establishment is gang run or black market doctor.
Detect Ambush 50% / 1d100 = 82 - You can never be cautious in an unknown place.
I.D. Undercover Agent 45% / 1d100 = 13 -To make sure this isn't a set up.
Cast Sixth Sense (2 I.S.P.)

Alays looks around and double checks the corners. As he is informed to the where abouts of his new found friend, he glances down the hallway again to see if can see anything out of the ordinary before answering. ”Can I see him yet? What room is he in? I have have some questions for him.” Alays waits for a few moments before turning around back to Anastrace. Having a concerned look on his face he takes a step or two closer toward her. ”What do you say we do? Wait or got find him? I got a funny feeling this whole thing is a set up. Just keep an eye out.” Que dramatic music and here comes the fight scene. Where's my stunt double? Trailing off into his own thoughts Alays waits for a response from either the clerk or Ana.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Thu May 10, 2018 7:35 pm

The quick flex clerk looks blankly at Alays before saying, "He is with the doctor. It' best not to disturb them. Might I interest you in some herbs? Are either of you herbalists? We have an excellent selection" he says waving a hand at the cabinets. Some of the items are quite modern in appearance, in nice bright white containers. Others look like they just dropped out of a book, in ceramic containers, dried creatures of unknown origins and lots of tools while unknown uses. They also have books though mostly in dragonese.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Anastrace Anagheri » Mon May 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18 / 44%
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 38

Looking at the clerk, Ana shrugs her shoulders a bit, Afraid I'm not an alchemist, but I'd be happy to look at some of these books. I'm sure they are fascinating. While poring over a book, she motions to Alays. Check this out, I'll read the passage to you. Very fascinating. Quietly, she motions to Alays in the guise of reading a section. You look worried, do you see something odd? Things are moving too smoothly. Nothing in life is ever easy. While feigning interest in the book, she taps her chin thoughtfully. In her normal voice, she points to the book and asks So, what do you think of this. I can't tell if it's GENUINE or not. while looking meaningfully at the clerk.
User avatar
Anastrace Anagheri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Mon May 14, 2018 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 85
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.

Anastrace wrote:You look worried, do you see something odd? Things are moving too smoothly. Nothing in life is ever easy.


As Alays takes a few steps and leans over a bit get closer to Ana, he pushes his tinted glasses to make it easier to see. A “deep in thought look” overwhelms his face as he pretends to read the book, he even turns the page once or twice. “Just got a feeling. Be cautious.” Alays answers Ana with soft wisper.

Anastrace wrote:So, what do you think of this. I can't tell if it's GENUINE or not.


”You know it does seem like it is but i don't think i have enough information at hand to discern either way.” Alays responds while turning a few more pages. Moving his attention back to the clerk. ”Excuse me but do you have any more books like this one?” Pointing to the book that he and Ana are looking at. ”Do you have any special book in the back?” Alays give is best personable smile. Doing his best to try and convey a friendly and trusting manner.

Performance 45% / 1d100 = 47 - to keep up the cerade of his interest on the books
Invoke Trust: 84% / 1d100 = 81 - to help with the performance and to try and get special treatment.
Charm/Impress: 25% / 1d100 = 55 - to help with the performance and to try and get special treatment.]

While all this is going on Alays uses his heightened sense of hearing to see if he can hear the doctor and Dustin. Dam doctors always taking forever. Maybe it will ease a bit of my paranoia if i can hear them.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 pm

The clerk watches you casually, but dutifully as most clerks do to assure items are paid for. Anastance uses the book as cover to inquire of Alays about the intentions he may or may not be sensing.

Alays, using his keen hearing, searches out voices from the back rooms. Softly he picks up a conversation.

"Hey, easy! It's probably fractured! Alays can hear Dustin say. "Don't complain. You still owe me from last time. So did you find it?" a synthesized voice says. Presumably the new voice belongs to Doctor Spindelle.

"No. And now the mouth of the cave has collapsed. I don't know how much else. I can teleport back in, but those shadow creatures may prove to be an obstacle. HowevURRR!... What in the world man?! Take it easy." Dustin says ending in a pained voice. "Anyhow, as I was saying, I did find something else while I was in Merctown." The sound of rustling paper can be heard.

"A map?" Spindelle asks. "Yes. But look where it's at." Dustin replies.

There is silence for a moment.

"Do you think it's real? This could be to anything." the doctor asks. "I had done a read on it. I think it's legit or at least he thought it was. Only one way to find out really. But if it is, we're going to make bank." Dustin replies.

The doctor laughs harshly.

"I've heard that before. I'll extend your loan, but I need to see some return or we'll both wind up sleeping in the woods waiting to become something's dessert." he says in closing.

After a few moments foot steps draw near. Dustin enters the room with stitches and some fashion of ointment. Behind him is a short humanoid form with a large metal head, sure to be Dr. Spindelle. Spindelle enters a closet as he enters the shop and closes the door behind him.

Dustin sees the two of you and approaches with the smile of a used hoverbike salesman. "Hey, thanks for waiting! Amanda and Alan right? I'll get you paid shortly, but how about making some real cash? You both seemed study enough.It's sort of like this last time but no teleporting. Well not really. Anyhow, it's close, like in the city close. It has all sort of artifacts there. Not an easy place to find, but since you helped me out, I wanted to give the two of you first shot at easy money."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Anastrace Anagheri » Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39 / 44%
JIC: 1d100 = 51!
JIC: 1d20 = 15

Setting down the book, Ana looks over at Dustin. I do like easy money, though hopefully it doesn't involve me selling any organs. Kind of...attached to them y'know? What do you say Alays? Shall we get paid, and then some? Stealing another sidelong glance at the books, and mentally promising herself to come back for something new to read, she smoothes out her clothes while waiting for her partner.
User avatar
Anastrace Anagheri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 37
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.

Anastrace wrote: I do like easy money, though hopefully it doesn't involve me selling any organs. Kind of...attached to them y'know? What do you say Alays? Shall we get paid, and then some?


Alays answers Ana when he is asked. “I believe you said some of my favorite words. Easy and money. Well we're already here, so might as well.” Finishing up the sentence with a smile. Wonder if I am going to get a commercial break soon. I sure could use it. Turning his attention over to Dustin. ”Do you think you’re up to it? You did just have a close call back there.” Alays says with a bit of concern in his voice. ”But if if you say you’re up to it then lead the way.” Alays takes one last glance around the room to see if he notices anything out of the ordinary. Making sure to pause at the clerk for an extra second.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Mon May 21, 2018 7:19 am

Dustin smiles at the both of you. "See, I knew I liked you two. Good business sense. But where we're going we'll still need more help. I've got preparations to make. So, first job for you two; find us help. An associate of mine's been using a merc outfit for some side business in Kingsdale. They should be back by now. Anyhow the merc captain's name is Posey. Go to this shop here and talk to her and see if she won't. The shop owner's name is Lilia and here's her address." Dustin says, grabbing a piece of paper off Spindelle's counters and scratching down a name and address. "Here's the gist of what you all need to know. we're headed for a pocket dimension right here in Dweomer. It's a place people put unwanted things. Things they want to hide away or to be forgotten. It's no picnic from what stories I've read. Cursed objects, failed experiments, the whole lot. BUT it's also a place where some have hid treasures. In particular there is something I'm after there. I won't disclose that item until we make the pocket dimension. I'll grab other items too, but only one that's off limits. So I'm offering 25,000 credits to each member of the expedition and whatever anyone can carry out that they find there. Here's is 5,000 now for transportation and saving my backside. But hurry. I want to leave by tonight if possible."

Dustin hands Ana the paper with the name and address and a paper map. He also provides an unsecured universal card with five thousand credits each to Alays and Anna. assuming Ana and Alays take the job, they find the address to be not far from where they are now. Less than a quarter mile away, they can drive or walk. The name of the shop is Vindictus Surplus and Salvage. There is plenty of street parking there. The place looks more like a salvage yard than anything with an office towards the front. Several custom hoverbikes are parked out front as is a large halftrack. Walking towards the office you see a motley collection of individuals standing outside. Prominent among them are two women. One looks to be a woman in her forties. Short hair and wearing a cobbled fashion of power armor. The other looks to be in her mid twenties, tan skin, long dark hair and is wearing an armored jacket and pants, but clearly packing a lot of heat. She has three holstered pistols, two knifes of ornate quality perhaps even silver and a couple grenades. They seem to be haggling over details on a piece of paper when you enter. The younger looking one seems to be highly agitated. "...that's twenty k Lilia. Not pocket change. Fix it, now!
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Anastrace Anagheri » Mon May 28, 2018 2:34 pm

Perception 1d100 = 91 44%
JIC 1d100 = 26
JIC 1d20 = 18

Gulping inwardly, Ana hesitantly waits for an opening to quietly ask, I truly apologize for barging in at an inopportune time, as you are obviously busy, but we were sent here by a man named Dustin to see Posey. I'm Ana, and this is Alays. she says while motioning to her companion. While waiting for a response, she tries to take in the situation as quickly as she can, all the while trying to make no sudden moves around someone so heavily armed. Better to be safe than get a laser drilled through my skull. At least this should make an interesting chapter in the book I'm working on.
User avatar
Anastrace Anagheri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Mon May 28, 2018 3:46 pm

The woman that must be Lilia looks like Ana and Alays just saved her from Drowning. "Ah, excuse me Posey. Let's pick this up in a moment. Here is that other job I mentioned! Sooner than expected but it's here. We don't want to set a bad example for your new client now do we?" she says nervously. Posey doesn't seem ready to let it go, but she does shift her gaze to Ana who speaks first.

Image

"Dustin? I don't know any Dustin." Posey says. Lilia interjects, "Dustin is a friend. You know the friend with the job?"

Posey's crew seem to be entertaining themselves. Apparently this sort of scene must not be totally alien to them.

The angry woman looks back to Ana and says, "First, what's the job? How long will it take? How much and where do we have to go."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Thu May 31, 2018 10:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 93 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 73
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.


Alays seems a bit irritated ask Posey asks her questions. Seeing the others amused by this scene, he takes this as a cue to interject himself. Taking a step forward and raising a hand with one finger up, as to say excuse me. ”Um. First?! I’m the star here. I ask my questions first then you, got it? Who do these dam producers keep hiring for the extras. Don't they know that I make the money around here.” ”You moron how many times do I have to tell you, huh?” Alaya says, trying to change his voice and speak with a heavy Russian accent. Pausing for a moment as to finish the rest of the conversation in his head before coming back to the real world. ”Anywho, so the job is go into some type of pocket dimension, grab stuff, not die, come back then get paid. 25k each plus whatever we can carry. Only one item is off limits and don't ask what it is cuz i don't know and I didn’t ask. Sounds easy enough, tho. So when do we begin and where's this place at?”

Performance 45% / 1d100 = 4 - to add a bit of flair ti his words and entertain the others.
Public Speaking 40% / 1d100 = 94 - to make sure everyone hears
Imitate Voice & Sounds 55% / 1d100 = 45 - try and imitate a Russian accent.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Anastrace Anagheri » Thu May 31, 2018 7:16 pm

Perception 1d100 = 48 44%
JIC 1d100 = 47
JIC 1d20 = 16

Giving a sidelong glance at Alays, Ana sighs, and shakes her head. Ah, yeah, what he said. Not sure if it's a retrieval kind of thing, or a smash and grab. Either way, a pocket dimension sounds fascinating! She coughs, 25 large doesn't hurt either. I hope we weren't interrupting anything when we came in. I'm pretty new to this, so I don't know the etiquette involved. She nervously starts cleaning her glasses with the hem of her t-shirt.

Please don't shoot me, please don't shoot me...
User avatar
Anastrace Anagheri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Thu May 31, 2018 8:38 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 12:30pm
Climate: 59F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Urban
Ley Line within 1 mile
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.
Moderate ground and air traffic. 500+ ground and air signatures moving various directions at speeds from walking up to 200mph within 1 mile. 100+ vehicles and individuals in move in various places within 500ft


Alays doesn't seem to be working on her good side. She seems to take exception to the star comment. "This ain't make believe cupcake. You die out here." she says angrily. Clearly he hit a sore spot.

Posey seems to think for a moment. "Well, I suppose I need to at least meet this guy. Sounds like it might work." she says. Then spinning around to address her crew she says, "Alright we're heading out. Saddle up!"

Posey points a threatening finger at Lilia and says, "And I want the money in my account before we get back or I'm taking it out of our shop with interest."

Returning her gaze to Ana and Alays she says Alright, lead the way."

Unless Ana and Alays have other things they want to explore, they quickly return to Spindelle's where Dustin is busy gathering supplies. He is delighted to see that the two of you have brought Posey and company. Immediately the energetic woman engages Dustin in negotiating and finalizing the contract.

It's lunch time and Posey's crew is talking about lunch. A tall, thin man walks over to invite you out for some food. "There's a great little place not far from here that we've eaten at a couple times. Comfort food. The price is fair too. Are you interested? Might be good for us to get to know one another while our boss hammers things out."

IF Ana and Alays accompany them:

The restaurant is a mile away. A sign outside indicates it is called Gertie's. It's a classic diner, almost out of place in this city of magic. The smell of bacon, sausage, grilled ham and cheese as well as other greasy spoon fare wafts in the air long before the polished stainless sides and neon sign becomes visible. It's nestled in amongst larger more "magical" looking buildings. Inside the place is packed but there is room at tables outside though it's maybe a bit cool.

If they do no go out for lunch, make any equipment purchases you'd like to make known.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Anastrace Anagheri » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:23 pm

OOC Comments
I'll just take the opportunity to pick up a pair of sdc weapons, if that is ok. A silver plated long sword, and a sdc pump action shotgun with some conventional, and silver rounds.
User avatar
Anastrace Anagheri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 41
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.


Posey wrote:"This ain't make believe cupcake. You die out here."


Alayts seems to have hit a sour note with Posey but is unswayed in his response. Shifting his posture to a “I told you once before” stance. "Of course this aint make believe. Why do you think it's called a REALITY show? We all die at some time in our life. It's just a matter of do you want it on your own terms or not. Me, I prefer on my own terms and that's why they made me the star." Giving a heartfelt smile as he elaborates on his disillusions. You’re a dumbass. You are gonna lose this job or even have to take some of them out and make a bloody mess of things, again. I need this job. Besides what would happen to our new friend Anastrace. I bet she'll hate us too if we’re the cause of her losing the job, too. Trailing off on his thoughts, Alays lets the matter go. He doesn't pursue any more even if Posey makes any comments to his response.

Alays takes the man up on his invitation to lunch. He takes advantage and tries to get chummy with the others. Trying to poke and pry any useful information. Anything from new contacts to possible jobs or even some dirt on someone. As he is eats lunch, he ask a series of questions. "What do you know about this Dustin fella? Have you ever worked with him before, if so anything I should be watch out for or expect? Is there anything you can tell me about your boss? Ya’ know, fair, mean, tactile. Those sorta things." Alays offers to buy a round of drinks for the "new" crew, to help win them over.

Charm/Impress: 25% / 1d100 = 56 - To help with getting any useful information
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% / 1d100 = 26 - To help with getting any useful information
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:52 pm

Ana elects to do some shopping. Perusing the market area the sword is easily found. The shotgun proves to be much more difficult, particularly the more mundane variety. Used mostly for game, they don't find much use in the city of magic. It then comes upon Ana to look at an antiques store. There a very old shotgun is found. The walnut stock looks rough and the bluing could be better but it's there. However it's being sold as a collector item. If you ask to inspect it, you find it's in good working order. They are asking 4,000 credits for just the shotgun. Silver shells you've already found. The human clerk smiles at you. She asks, "So what do you think? It's the best one I've ever seen. It's over 400 years old!"

Alays finds the restaurant to be very pleasant as well as the "Immortals" as her band of mercs call themselves. The eatery is called Bucky's and is known for its biscuits and gravy. Anything ordered though has a rich aroma and the understanding it will be filling. Posey's crew are introduced by the man who first spoke to you. "I'm Jack. The guy with the blue jacket is Roger. He's our driver. The blue skinned woman is Jaz, she's our green horn. The borg is Jim and the man with all the scars is Diego. He's the luckiest guy I know, unfortunately none of it is good."

"As far as Posey, she's always fair. She can be mean though. Don't get her going. And she hates dying, makes her down right nasty. Dustin though... we don't know a thing about him other than he seems to know the lady we just worked for."

What about you? What are you and your friend up to out here? Just money?
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 40 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 58
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.


Jack wrote:”What about you? What are you and your friend up to out here? Just money?"


”Money, well that’s always a given but I do desire fame as well. Oh and excitement, too. Don't want anything to be dull, right?” Alays gives a crooked smile. His smile then turns to a more confusing look. ”Well as for my friend, I can't really say. I believe her intentions are more academic, than anything. I’m not a mind reader you know. The sooner we can get this show on the road the sooner we get paid. Best we get everyone together and get started. We need to find my friend first. Can't leave her behind.” Alays excuses himself and pays for his meal. He exits the restaurant before heading off in search of his friend Anastrace. Eager to find her and start their adventure, he speeds off on his bike, using his heightened sense to help locate her. Once Alays finds Anastrace the pair make their way back to the rendezvous point.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 3:30pm
Climate: 59F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Urban
Ley Line within 1 mile
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.
Moderate ground and air traffic. 500+ ground and air signatures moving various directions at speeds from walking up to 200mph within 1 mile. 100+ vehicles and individuals in move in various places within 500ft


It takes a few hours to get everyone and everything together. Dustin seems chipper considering he was on death's door just hours earlier. It seems that wherever money can be made it picks his mood up.

Posey has been talking to him for quite a while. Ana purchased some new weapons and is watching as others assemble. The blue woman comes over to talk to you. "So what do you know about where we are going? Have you been there before? What type of combatants can we expect there? I'm sure we'll be briefed but you know... any info is helpeful."

Just then Posey and Dustin seem to conclude their discussion. Dustin comes over to Alays and Ana. "Alright you two ready?"
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 11 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 39
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.


Dustin wrote:"Alright you two ready?"


Alays turns to Dustin and give him a confused look. "That's a rhetorical question, right? Because if not, then you obviously don't know who I am. I was born ready, buddy." he says, tiening his confusion into a crooked smile and then gives a wink. Taking a quick glance around to see what any of the others are doing. "So, this place we’re going, will we need any vehicles or is it on foot from here? Doesn't matter, just curious. Other than that, lead the way. I’m right behind you." Make sure this isn't some double crossing scheme or something like it. What a good plot twist that would be. Might get more people to watch the show, tho. Of course it would make those producers pretty damn happy and off my back for a bit. Alays continues to go through scenarios in his head. He then follows Dustin to wherever they need to go in order find the pocket dimension. Along the way Alays keeps his eyes peeled for any unusual activity or surprises. He also makes an effort to keep Anatstrace’s presence under his watchful eye. One can never have too many "friends", especially in a time of need.

Detect Ambush 50% / 1d100 = 21 - To make sure we’re not going to be backstabbed.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Anastrace Anagheri » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 82 44%
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 47

"Sounds good to me, it'll be fun and profitable. Books don't buy themselves after all." This could either be really good, or really bad. Ah well, nothing ventured nothing gained. Ana checks her pockets, straightens her clothes, and arranges her gear. "Sorry, paranoia now prevents a death later." Pausing to check her gear one last time, she gets ready to head out with Dustin and Alays.
User avatar
Anastrace Anagheri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:55 am

Dustin smiles at Alays. "Excellent! It won't take us long to get there. We will take vehicles there but after that we're on foot. As for what's inside, I don't know. That's why I've hired all of you."

Jazz, the blue woman shakes her head at the lack of information and glances at Posey. "I'm surprised she took the job with so little info. Usually she's a stickler for details." she says to Alays and Ana. "I don't like the smell of this and I'm sure she doesn't either. He must have upped the ante. We nothing for it but to do it." she says with a sigh as her term all converge on Posey for a briefing.

Dustin comes back over and says, "Ok, we're moving out. Saddle up. Care if I ride with you Anatrace?" Assuming she gives the OK he hops in with her.

He has you lead the way as he navigates. While you may never have been to Dweomer before, shortly the streets look less like streets and more like service corridors. He checks his maps frequently and there are a couple times you have to double back. Initially there are some being down on their luck, lounging along the alley ways but soon the only signs of life are rats, birds and various other critters.

Tall walls the flank the cooridors cast shadows across the road in front of them. There are crates, construction debris and other odds and ends. Alays and Anastrace get the feeling like this is a storage area for the city. Old and forgotten equipment is vaguely organized in rows. Taking a final left everyone comes to a hault. It's a dead end that looks like a one time loading dock of sorts but now filled with boxes, lumber, orange cones and other bits of forgotten items. They look to have been sitting here for at least a year. Bit of litter flutter across the ground as a breeze comes down through the dead end. The sound of city bustle is distant. All in all the scene is quiet, giving you the feeling of being tucked away in your own little world.

Dustin gets out, references his maps a few times before annoucing. "This is it! I think. If everyone wants to get out and help me move some of this stuff, it'd be great. We're looking for a door." After moving a few of the larger things, he then directs everyone to begun searching. The loading dock is stacked at least twenty feet tall and forty feet deep with all sorts of boxes, crates and other odds and ends. He searches in such a way that you think he isn't absolutely sure what he's looking for.

Assuming you search, feel free to use any specialized equipment or skills you possess. Otherwise give me three d20 rolls.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 73
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.


Dustin wrote:"This is it! I think. If everyone wants to get out and help me move some of this stuff, it'd be great. We're looking for a door."


Grunt work? Who the hell do I look like? Why do we even have be to search? I thought he knew where we were going. I think Jazz was right. Something definitely doesn’t feel right. This would be a good place for an ambush, too.

As Alays gripes about the act of manual labor, he begins to search for some type of hidden door. ”Hey Dustin! Any clues as to what this door looks like. Big, small, magical. Any help would be nice or is it one of those “you’ll know it when you see it” type doors?” Alays also takes the time to take a look into a few of the boxes and crates, to see if he could use and sell anything. He also keeps a wary eye out for any surprise attacks or some double cross from the Immortals or Dustin, but more or less on Dustin.

If I can find something valuable in theses crates, then at least it would be worth my time. And better keep watch. I don't like that Dustin, fella. I got funny feeli’n bout that punny american. Shut up, Ivor. How many times do i have to tell you? When i want your opinion, I'll give it to you. And get the hell out of my head.


Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 39% / 1d100 = 72 - To try and find something useful
Detect Ambush 50% / 1d100 = 5 - paranoia if a good thing
Detect Concealment 50% / 1d100 = 85 - to help find the door.

2 extra rolls for searching for the door / 2d20:
17, 7
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Anastrace Anagheri » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:07 am

JIC: 1d100 = 25 44% Perception
JIC: 1d100 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 6

Search rolls
1d20 = 11
1d20 = 12
1d20 = 7

"A door huh? Well, let's get to poking and prodding this place until we find it. Can't be that big." Of course, with my luck it'll be obvious and I STILL WON'T SEE IT. Ana starts searching around, moving boxes Thankfully I work out a lot. Who knew adventuring entailed a lot of manual labor?, trying to find this unspecified door. "Do you have any clue what we are looking for specifically? I'd hope to not recognize what we're poking around for and then take more time than we need"

Sighing, she resumes moving and cracking into boxes hoping to find the mythical door.
User avatar
Anastrace Anagheri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:44 am

The crew begins moving the boxes and other items that seem to have been stacked here. It's tedious work. A fork lift would be more help than vehicles of war in this situation. Alays and Ana ask Dustin about the door's general appearance. He says, "I don't know exactly but the looks broken as far as I know. If you find any door here, let's take a look at it."

Eventually they make progress, creating a channel through the mess. Alays, Ana and Jazz, the blue skinned woman are working as a team moving the crates. She asks Alays while they work, "It's an odd question, but have you ran into any freelance Coalition Enforcer robots out in the field have you? I'm looking someone I know."

They are standing upon a pile of crates when they move one revealing what looks like the head of a statue. It's a large head possibly belonging to a statue. What are you doing?
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 12
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.


Jazz wrote:"It's an odd question, but have you ran into any freelance Coalition Enforcer robots out in the field have you? I'm looking someone I know."


Alaus just stares for moment after Jazz asks her question. Then he shakes his head in response. "No, I don't think have ever came across any freelancing robots. Let alone any CS ones. You know you got tell me about him sometime. Maybe I could keep an eye out for ya’. Never hurts to more than one set of eyes looking. Is he on lamb?" The two continue to banter back and forth while they search further. Eventually Alays’ hard work pays off when he comes to a crate with the head of some unknown statue.

"Well what do we have here now? This looks pretty interesting. Anyone know it came from? Has anyone else found any other part of it? Unfortunately artifacts are not my department." Alays takes a look at the head and tries to see if anything stands out of the ordinary. Checking to make sure its not booby trapped. even uses his enhanced sense of touch and smell to see if there is any residue covering the head of the statue or to see if its made from what it appears to be (i.e. stone, metal, clay, ect. If he sees nothing then he will let the experts do the deciphering. If finds out anything the he will convey the information to the appropriate people.

Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 39% 1d100 = 28 - to see if it could have some resale value
Detect Concealment 50% / 1d100 = 18 - to see if there are any hidden compartments or if it's booby trapped.
Appraise Goods 40% / 1d100 = 53 to see if it has a high resale value
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Jazz smiles and nods at his offer to keep an eye out for this individual. It looked like she was about to speak when the head is found. Alays examines the head. No one else seems to know much about it. Jazz shrugs. "Dunno. There's lot of odds and ends stuff here."

As Alays gets a closer look, the head begins to move. It may not be booby trapped, but it's moving none the less. The form is gigantic, maybe twenty feet tall and twelve feet wide. Its head seems to look in Alays direction. Boxes crash to the pavement as it frees itself from the clutter. The enormous form seems to come up slightly short. It seems to be missing its body below the waist. It falls on its stomach and begins dragging itself forward quickly making a loud grinding-screeching noise.

Everyone looks around in surprise. Several of Posey's crew brings weapons to bear. However Dustin yells out, "Wait! We don't want security down here. Bring it down without any big booms please."

The thing moves along about ten miles an hour. The space here is 300 feet wide and 200 feet deep. The statue, Alays, Ana and Jazz are near the middle of the area standing about thirty feet away from the crawling statue. There is decent cover everywhere amid the numerous crates and things now scattered about. Moving quickly on the ground can be challenging with all the litter.


Combat post, please.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 58
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.


At first Alays is caught up in the surprise of the movement of the statue coming to life. Moving back to safe distance as the monster clears itself of the debris and boxes fall to the ground. When the statue flops down makes its thudding sound is when Alays regains his wits and realizes they in for a fight.

Dustin wrote: "Wait! We don't want security down here. Bring it down without any big booms please."


No bigh booms? Where's the fun in that, besides what do you call that thing falling down, then? Good thing I don't have any, otherwise I might be tempted to use one or two. Moron! Focus on the that thing. Then talk. Yeah. This time I actually agree with Ivor. Whatever. Besides, whenever have you seen a star of a series get knocked off? Don't worry I got this. That's what I'm afraid of.

”You got it, boss.” Alays responds to Dustin's request. Pulling out his Ion Scattergun he begins to engage the hostile enemy. He starts to circle counterclockwise, to the statue’s left side. Targeting the face region, trying to draw some attention his way. Alays takes a couple of shots.

Initiative: (+3) 1d20+3 = 9
Action per Melee round: 7

Action 1: Move to the statue’s left side

Action 2: “Called Shot” to head.
Strike: (+1, +2 wp, -1 from gun) 1d20+1 = 6 Damage: 2d6 = 3

Action 3: Continued from action 2

Action 4:“Called Shot” to head.
Strike: (+1, +2 wp, -1 from gun) 1d20+1 = 11 Damage: 2d6 = 6

Action 5: Continued from action 4

Action 6:“Called Shot” to head.
Strike: (+1, +2 wp, -1 from gun) 1d20+1 = 10 Damage: 2d6 = 4

Action 7: Continued from action 6

Rolls for Auto-dodge: 7d20:
18, 11, 3, 18, 4, 5, 15
rolls do not include bonus of +2
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:25 am

Alays darts around the statue as it screeches across the pavement after Alays. Dustin looks panicked for a moment but then looks to be weaving magic before all sound is lost. Everything goes silent near you. He seems to continue casting as the thing stops suddenly. One hand is affixed to the ground while the other flails out. Alays gets off a few shots, now soundlessly. The shots do very little damage as do the other shots from Posey and her crew, including Jazz. Seemingly out of reach, it begins hurling debris with startling velocity. The construct is not accurate fortunately, though a crate strikes one of Posey's crew, knocking the man off his feet and landing him over 50 feet away where he lies unmoving. Alays dodges two throw his way. It's stuck and right now it seems that sound cannot transmit making a way for big booms as Dustin put it. It refocuses on Alays and opens it's mouth where a red glow begins to burn.

butcher's bill
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 95
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.


Alays zig zags around the giant statue and in and out of the thrown debris. Making sure he stays out of the line of fire form Posey and her crew's gunfire. Watching the gunfire do little damage is like getting punched in the stomach. The sinking feeling begins to rise towards his throat.

Damn this thing. Our gunfire isn't doing much. I wish I had some bigger guns or even some god damn explosives.

As the construct stops and opens it mouth Alays starts to gesture to the rest of the crew. Trying to convey that now is the time for some heavy firepower. Yelling or at least mouthing it, if using his voice dosen’t work. "Hey! Use rockets. Blow it up." He then prepares to dodge the discharge from the constructs mouth but at the same time keeping its attention turned towards Alays. Firing his gun if needed.



Initiative: (+3) 1d20+3 = 10
Action per Melee round: 7

Action 1: Gesture to the Crew to use big guns or explosives.

Action 2: “Called Shot” to head. If needed.
Strike: 1d20+1 = 14 (+1, +2 wp, -1 from gun) Damage: 2d6 = 4

Action 3: Continued from action 2

Action 4:“Called Shot” to head. If needed.
Strike: 1d20+1 = 21 (+1, +2 wp, -1 from gun) 1d20+1 = 19 Damage: 2d6 = 9

Action 5: Continued from action 4

Action 6:“Called Shot” to head. If needed
Strike: 1d20+1 = 2 (+1, +2 wp, -1 from gun) Damage: 2d6 = 5

Action 7: Continued from action 6

Rolls for Auto-dodge: 7d20:
10, 17, 6, 15, 16, 9, 12
rolls do not include bonus of +2
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:09 pm

The ability to pull out bigger sticks is provided. Posey and her crew attempt to take up positions, but the statue is so large it covers large areas quickly. None-the-less they do establish a position further away with a mounted railgun.

Closer at hand, Alays watches as the statue bellows a blue bolt his direction. He is fast, but not quite fast enough to avoid all damage. The blast nicks his left arm. Maintaining his footing he pulls up for another head shots but as he pulls the trigger, hearing a soft click from the scattergun. The action needs reset. Jazz takes evasive action to dodge the same blast. The statue seems intent on Alays as it moves forward. Alays and Jazz pull back further. Jazz motions wildly at you. She mouths something at you, but no sound is audible including your own. She points at back at the charging, legless automaton where nearby is her pack that she dropped. Alays spots plasma charges poking out of the her bag.

Butcher's Bill:
-15 MD to left arm
Gun action jammed, use 1 action to reset next round
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 57 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 55
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.


Alays is dancing with the statue when he makes a near fatal mistake. A few more inches to the left and he would have been toast. Literally. Brushing off the pain as the smell of cooking flesh fills his nose. Aiming his scatter fun back at the statue’s head and squeezing the trigger. With the soft click of the trigger, Alays know what that means.

Damn. Not now. My knife won’t do much at all.

About the same time as Alays is thinking of his next course of actions, he spots Jazz waving about. Catching sight of a few plasma charges playing peek a boo from her backpack. Unjamming his gun before he rushes over to pick up the charges.

Looks like I got to get down and dirty. Either way this thing is going to be rubble when i get done with it. Now, I just got to find a place to stick it.

Once he reaches the pack he takes a quick look to see what he has to work with. Alaus then starts to scan the construct for any potential place to Stick the charges. He checks the torso first before looking around the head and neck region. If Alays can't find a good place he will then scale the statue and try to place the charges into the ear, nose or mouth, in that order. After the charges are set and placed, he gives a signal to stand clear "Fire in the hole!" He then disembark and find adequate coverage from the blast and shrapnel.



Initiative: (+3) 1d20+3 = 8
Action per Melee round: 7

Action 1: Unjams Scattergun

Action 2: Runs over to Jazz’s backpack

Action 3: looks for best place to stick plasma charges

Action 4: scales statue to place charges

Action 5: set and place charges Demolitions 81% / 1d100 = 78

Action 6: reserved to retry and failed attempts to stop statute -Demolitions 81% / 1d100 = 86 , otherwise reserved for Dodge (+2) 1d20+2 = 20

Action 7: reserved to retry and failed attempts to stop statute -Demolitions 81% / 1d100 = 36, otherwise reserved for Dodge (+2) 1d20+2 = 8

Rolls for Auto-dodge: 7d20:
3, 2, 6, 8, 5, 18, 15
rolls do not include bonus of +2
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 am

Alays, seeing Jazz's intentions scrambles for the backpack as Posey's team lays down heavy fire from their positions once again. The statue seems confused between the two fronts, moving first towards Posey's forces then stopping and bringing a giant hand down to crush Alays and Jazz. It seems to sway back and forth in indecision.

Dustin pulls back in caution, withdrawing a pistol to fire on the thing. A couple shots miss and come perilously close to Alays as he nears the charges.

Reaching his goal, Alays finds that the statue has many cracks all over. The chest, now facing towards the street as it crawls around makes as good of place as any in that it will help contain the force for maximum effect. Sticking the detonators in the explosives and activating a brief timer he then leaps up, sticking the charges to the things chest. Landing back on his feet Alays makes haste to clear the area shouting something that is stilled in the magically silent area. Diving behind Ana's jeep, he finds cover just as a great force compresses his body. It's an odd sensation without sound, simply like a great covering is squeezing every portion of his body for just a blink.

The statue rockets upward as it shatters into half a dozen large pieces. One crashes into the ground less than thirty feet away from the hover jeep behind which Alays is hidden.

About twenty seconds after the blast sound returns to everyone's ears. Alays, once he stands up, can see a clear area where the blast was along with some charring. Large pieces of stone can be seen in the area. The debris has largely been cast to the edges of this area, both by the statue but also by the blast. Yells come from the edge where one of Posey's men were injured. All of them, including Jazz, rush over to see what the problem is. If Alays goes as well he can see that a man had his leg crushed by one of the crates the statue had thrown. Dustin uses magic to heal the man to a degree but says, "His leg is pulverized. I've slowed the bleeding but he needs medical attention."

An argument is had between Dustin and Posey's other mercs about what is to be done. Dustin's set on continuing on while the mercs want to take their comrade to the hospital. Posey thinks quietly for a moment. Finally she points to Ana and says, "You, take him to the hospital. They have people that can tend to him. Here is a card. I'll pay you for your time." Ana agrees and so the man is lifted into her jeep. Another of their quad goes with her as they head to the hospital.

As they access their gear and ready themselves again Alays kicks through the broken crates and junk that had been piled here. Something interesting catches his eye.

Image

It looks to have been among other personal possessions, including old photos, clothes and such. Amazingly other than looking rather worn it just needs an eclip. It does appear to have a full compliment of grenades. It also appears to have modifications but what they are it's hard to say.

Dustin then calls for everyone to gather up. "Alright, that was unfortunate. But now we stand upon the threshold." he says, waving to a derelict old door sitting against the loading ramp wall. It's wood and split in many places.

Image

Dustin withdraws a couple amulets from a pouch. Focusing on the door it shudders and groans ominously. In a few moments Dustin walks forward and cautiously pulls on one of the door. A stale air wafts through the area. Immediately visible inside the door is a grayish scene filled with debris and refuse filling all view from ground to ceiling. Some of the junk seems to move back as if pushed by a force. An area about 100 square feet opens at the mouth of the door. Inside several tunnels can be seen inside this cave of broken things. Dustin waves a hand at Posey and crew including Alays. "After you." he says with a smile, not at all bashful about the mercs taking the lead. From the clear area just inside the door, there are three tunnels. One is up and to the left, another to the right while another one meets up with the right tunnel just away from the door. Posey lets her crew move forwards, instructing Jazz to take point and indicating that Alays should go with her. Posey and the rest of her crew have their heavy arms out and are covering your advance.

Any other preparations you want to make, do so now. Otherwise post for your entry into the Broken Door.

Are there any other preparations you'd like to make? If so do those now.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 77 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 5
Conditions: Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple.


Virtus wrote:As they access their gear and ready themselves again Alays kicks through the broken crates and junk that had been piled here. Something interesting catches his eye.

It looks to have been among other personal possessions, including old photos, clothes and such. Amazingly other than looking rather worn it just needs an eclip. It does appear to have a full compliment of grenades. It also appears to have modifications but what they are it's hard to say.


Now what do we have here? This seems like my kind of toy. Ooo, grenades. It just need an e-clip? Cool.

Alays sees a new to play with. Bending down he picks up the weapon. He gives it a thorough look over, checking for any damage and modifications. Hurring over to his backpack and pulls out an e-clip and inserts it into his new toy. The whole time showing an excitable smile. He pulls another eclip from the pack and secures it to his utility belt.Turning around Alays cocks the weapon before hoisting it onto his right shoulder.

"Well this looks like it going to be a good day."

Taking point alongside Jazz, Alays enters the door. Jis new weapon readied the moment he crosses the threshold. Moving to the foremost position of the clearing just inside the room. His paranoia going into overdrive. His eyes darting back and forth and in every direction seemingly at the same time. He instinctively uses his Sixth Sense along with his heightened senses and skills to prepare himself for an ambush.

Holding his position Alaya waits for Dustin to enter, along with the rest of Posey’s crew. Not knowing where to go or even what their looking for. When Dustin enters and makes his way closer to Alays, he makes eye contact be asking a couple of questions. Alays looks a bit ashamed as he speaks

"So, any ideas where to now or you even going to tell us what we’re looking for now? How do we get back if you die? Can anyone use those things to open the door?"

How stupid can I be? What the hell am I just now asking these questions? I should have asked them before we stepped onto the door.


Sixth Sense ( 2 I.S.P.)
Detect Ambush 50% / 1d100 = 73 - to be prepared
Appraise Goods 40% / 1d100 = 58 - to check quality of new weapon
Recognize Weapon Quality 45% / 1d100 = 92 - to check the quality and see what modification there are on it
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: 1:00pm
Climate: 60F, still
Visibility: 100ft
Terrain: tunnels of junk
No Ley Line
Pitch Black other than lights


Everyone turns on lights to illuminate the world within which they find themselves. Alays asks about what they are looking for. He replies "A large building with pillars. It won't be here but beyond these tunnels. Supposedly giant worms make them so be careful."

Looking the rifle over it seems to Alays that it's been modified for more punch. (3D6+5)

Dustin walks by, indicating to go to the left. Everyone walks along, the lights harshly shining on the terrain and casting deep shadows ahead. As the group climbs the sloping tunnel to the left, footing proves to be a concern. Sometimes the piles of junk shift suddenly. Amongst the junk there are little knickknacks and bits of things that look to be quite old. A bottle topper here and a few pages from a book there. There's even part of what looks like a pinball machine. If one was to spend some time here they could probably find some stuff worth selling. Dustin seems to be driven as he directs the group from behind the scouts, including Alays and Jazz.

Up and down, left then right, the tunnel goes many directions and intersects with others. After a while Alays notices that they are passing another partially demolished pinball machine that looks suspiciously like one he saw early. Additionally the piles of junk seem to shift frequently with much creaking and noise. Alays even thinks he saw what looked like a large hump moving beneath the garbage.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 84
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple

As the time passes within the tunnels, Alays’ patience wears thin. When he comes across a pinball machine that looks suspiciously familiar is when is frustration boils over. Holding up a hand, he motions the rest to stop and hold position. Quickly turning to Dustin, his anger visibly shown on his face.

"Dustin! Are you sure you know where you're going? I believe we have passed this spot at least once before. Do you even…."

Alays freezes mid sentence. Raising his new gun and looking all around him. After a couple of passes of looking, he finally makes eye with Jazz.

"Shhh. I don't think we're alone, here. I thought i saw some of this junk move. If something is living here, then it's probably not friendly."

Alays points to where he thought he saw movement. Crouching down, he places a hand on to what would be the floor. Using his enhanced sense of touch, trying to feel any movement other than the group's. He stands back up and double checks to see if his armaments are still secure. Turning back to Dustin Alays speaks softly.

"How much further? We need to make hastye and get out of these tunnels."

Detect Ambush 50% / 1d100 = 72 - to look out for giant worms.

Land Navigation 54% / 1d100 = 40 - to try and see if he can find his own way out of the tunnels
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:53 am

Alays confronts Dustin about the accuracy of his navigation. It seems others were seeing the same thing. "Unfortunately I am having trouble finding a way though here. The worms are supposed to go to the surface so one of these has got to lead there."

This causes a stir among the team. Jazz turns her helmet in Alays' direction. He doesn't need to be a mind reader to know she's starting to have doubts about Dustin.

The shifting has everyone the most concerned. Alays feels strongly that they are being hunted. It's quite likely they lay within the junk waiting for something to come close enough. Most worms are blind and navigate via vibrations.

Alays may be able to at least find a way out of these junk tunnels which could be a major improvement.

Two options seems to exist. One is to draw the worm or worms out and hope the tunnels don't collapse. The other is to make a run for an exit and hope the worms don't catch them off guard.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 64
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange[/color] ,Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

Dustin wrote:"Unfortunately I am having trouble finding a way though here. The worms are supposed to go to the surface so one of these has got to lead there."


Frustration and anger overpower Alays’ other emotions when Dustin reveals his inadequacies. Shifting his stance, he takes a look in Jazz's direction only to see her do the same. Getting everyone's attention, Alaus quickly formulates a plan to remove themselves from the junk tunnels.

"Quick, listen up. Here's the plan. Jazz, on three I want you to cover my six as I make a run for top side. My hope is to draw whatever is hunting us and get a drop on it. Better to be the hunter then the hunted. Any volunteers to help me be the bait?"

Alays asks his question while looking around the group. A smile the seems to reach towards the back of his head more the up his face, his mouth slightly ajar as to look more ominously. If anyone come forward Alays responds with Excellent”. Checking to make sure all his equipment is secured, he and the "bait" crew finish their preparations.

"Jazz, give a ten count and then follow. Ready? One. Two. Three. Raaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr!"

On the word three Alays takes off running, dragging his hands along the walls, trying to make as much vibration as he can. Making his way through the tunnel system, Alays uses his heightened sense of smell and touch to follow where fresh air is coming from. (i.e. breeze, air pressure, fresh smells, etc.) He tries to keep moving up and in a straight line as possible. (alternating left then right or middle when possible)

Land Navigation 54% / 1d100 = 31 - to find a way out
Detect Ambush 50% / 1d100 = 70 - as to not be caught off guard
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Alay's gambit startles Dustin as he shoots off into the tunnels. His heightened senses don't detect fresh air or even a breeze. It's all musty and old. Only keen eyes and an active mind seem to be on his side. Running through the tunnels, shapes follow him quickly. As he runs, the tunnels begin shifting around and beneath him. Jazz is firing wildly at the moving humps as does Posey and the rest of her crew. He was ready for an ambush but even so, not ready enough. A giant worm with opened maw erupts from the junk beneath him. It's huge jaws grab him, dragging him below the surface even as several shots are aimed at it.

Image

The creature has him about the waist. Alays can move his arms and legs. As it pulls him down into the junk Alays is -4 to attack and loses 1 action though the creature cannot dodge. It's twisting around much like an alligator, trying to keep its prey disoriented while trying to swallow it whole. It is pitch black though the sounds of weapons fire and the yells of Jazz are still audible.


Butcher's Bill
-18MD
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 92
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

Alays glances back a time or two as he runs through the tunnels. Not making as much progress as he wants to, he starts to focus on the sounds of gunfire from behind him. The moment he lets his guard down, a giant worn leaps out from underneath the junk and latches itself to Alays’ midsection. Letting out a gasp from the shock and pain from the worms bite. He thrashes about trying to free himself as the worm drags him underneath all the junk.

Fuck! That's not what i had planned. Well at least I know where this damn worm is at. They better hurry up and kill this thing before I get eaten.

As the darkness continues to envelop Alays, he starts to fire at the worm. Only going by sounds and some sort of predictable movement. If the first couple.of shots land on their target and Alays is released, then he will scramble to find a way back out of the junk. If Alays is not released then he will attempt to pull his knife out and stabn at the place where the worm's nose and eye region.

Initiative: (+3) 1d20+3 = 14
Action per Melee round: 6

Action 1: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20-1 = 0 / damage: 3d6+5 = 18

Action 2: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20-1 = 6 / damage: 3d6+5 = 17

Action 3: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20-1 = 5 / damage: 3d6+5 = 17

Action 4: Pull out knife with one hand while holding the rifle in the other

Action 5: Attack with Knife strike: 1d20 = 2 / damage:1d6 = 3

Action 6: Attack with Knife strike: 1d20 = 19 / damage:1d6 = 1

Action 7: Lost

Rolls for Auto-dodge: 6d20:
4, 7, 9, 11, 3, 9
rolls do not include bonus of +2
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 48
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

Alays glances back a time or two as he runs through the tunnels. Not making as much progress as he wants to, he starts to focus on the sounds of gunfire from behind him. The moment he lets his guard down, a giant worn leaps out from underneath the junk and latches itself to Alays’ midsection. Letting out a gasp from the shock and pain from the worms bite. He thrashes about trying to free himself as the worm drags him underneath all the junk.

Fuck! That's not what i had planned. Well at least I know where this damn worm is at. They better hurry up and kill this thing before I get eaten.

As the darkness continues to envelop Alays, he starts to fire at the worm. Only going by sounds and some sort of predictable movement. If the first couple.of shots land on their target and Alays is released, then he will scramble to find a way back out of the junk. If Alays is not released then he will attempt to pull his knife out and stabn at the place where the worm's nose and eye region.

Initiative: (+3) 1d20+3 = 9
Action per Melee round: 6

Action 1: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20-1 = 2 / damage: 3d6+5 = 19

Action 2: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20-1 = 17 / damage: 3d6+5 = 18

Action 3: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20-1 = 14 / damage: 3d6+5 = 20

Action 4: Pull out knife with one hand while holding the rifle in the other

Action 5: Attack with Knife strike: 1d20 = 10 / damage:1d6 = 3

Action 6: Attack with Knife strike: 1d20 = 6 / damage:1d6 = 3

Action 7: Lost

Rolls for Auto-dodge: 6d20:
5, 4, 3, 7, 19, 20
rolls do not include bonus of +2
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Virtus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Alays first shot seems to have no impact, but the second and third seem to elicit a reaction from the worm. It seems to retreat giving Alays an opportunity to claw his way out of the trash grave. It is then that something grabs him. Instead of the the maw of a giant worm, it's Jazz's hand as she grabs your forearm, helping you out of the garbage.

"I don't know where everyone else is." she pants. "They came out of everywhere. Come on, let's get out of here." she says pointing back roughly the way they came.

If Alays heads back, he notices quickly that the tunnels in this area are compromised by the scuffle. Shots are heard along with a shifting of junk. Running ahead Alays and Jazz find a barely navigable tunnel from which shouts, cursing and groaning can be heard.

Squeezing through Posey and the rest of her crew just drug out most of Dustin. He is bleeding profusely and is unconscious. Posey looks at him for a moment before issuing an order. "Alright, with our employer out, we are heading back. Let's move."

Tracing their steps back more or less, the door is found. Confusion is had for a moment as the sounds of worms draw closer. Posey grits her teeth and pulls a small capsule from a bag, jamming it into Dustin's open wound. He snaps to enough that Posey can order him to open the door. Surprisingly he obeys, pulling a couple of amulets from his pouch. The closed door reopens allowing the group to spill back to the alleyway from whence they started.

"No worries, no worries. Just let me run to the doctor and get patched up. Everyone just take lunch." Dustin says before passing out again. "Crap, well ok. He's paying us and until we get our money we're not leaving. Alright, my folk gather up. We're moving. Oh, sorry buddy. I guess hang around if you like, but I'm betting it's going to be a day or two. Give us your frequency and I'll call when we get him done." With that they load up in their vehicles. Jazz shakes her head at the whole thing. "Well, I'll catch you around. Keep an eye out for that robot will ya?" she says before hopping aboard one of their vehicles. And with that they tear off towards the middle of the city leaving the alley strangely quiet.

There is debris still left everywhere from the altercation with the statue. Some of it could be sold for a little bit of cash if one wanted. While looking around Alays does spot thin column of black smoke, less than a half mile away.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Goodbye Dr. Lisken (Al and Ana's intro)

Postby Alays » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 21
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

Jazz wrote:"Well, I'll catch you around. Keep an eye out for that robot will ya?"


"Sure thing. Just as long as you don't forget to hit me up when you all get paid. Don't make me fo looking for you. Then I won't be so friendly."

Alays extends his hand hand places the other on her shoulder as he give her the biggest smile he has ever made. After everyone says their goodbyes he walks over to his motorcycle and secures his weapons and other loose belongings. Taking a look around the surrounding vicinity Alays notices a few things scattered about. If there is anything smallish that can be put on his bike and then latter quickly pawned for some quick cash then he will pick them up. He doesn't spend much time searching because the pillar of smoke looks too promising not to turn away. Once the items are gathered or finished looking, Alays hops on his motorcycle and speeds off in the direction of the smoke.

Are you sure that it's a good idea to be leaving them without getting a payment? Your not always the smartest or good at sizing people up. If they don't pay up then it gets messier and more work to do for the same amount of pay.
I like her. I think your one the one with people issues, Ivor. Lillian says his name with a mocking tone on her voice. Besides that plume of smoke looks more interesting than waiting around for someone to heal up. Well that enough for me. 2 against 1 we go for the smoke. Alright. Get in, sit down, hold on and shut up. Off we go.

Alays is already off and in motion before the discussion if finished. Not knowing what caused the smoke he will stop about a block away to allow him some reaction time if things turn bad for him.

Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 39% / 1d100 = 58 - to find anything worth collecting and selling
Appraise Goods 40% / 1d100 = 56 - to find anything worth collecting and selling
Detect Ambush 50% / 1d100 = 51 - once Alaus gets off is bike and approaches the smoke, he will check and make sure he's walking into someone else's trap
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm


Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron