Beyond Broken Door

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:53 am

Perception 41% 1d100 = 35
JIC 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 82

Virtus wrote:Surprise unlike any ever seen on a Larmac's face lands upon his mug. "Wha..." he states dumbly. Ashlynn's exposition continues while he stands there like a fish gaping for air. Finally as Weiss begins explaining, understanding dawns upon him. The truck only phases him slight, but the loss of the Gorsins seems to strike him hard. His sunken eyes seem even more dejected. "I wish I had never taken this job. But once I wuz in, I wuz in. Connor has straight lost it. I don't blame him though. This stuff iz all wrong. Sorry to worry Mrs. Gorsin. I always liked her. Even Yanso. I didn't know him real good but itz nice to know you got people thinkin'of yuz, know wud I mean? I don't know if I'd go messing with them guys though. If it wuzzn't fur Connor's magics, we'd done been offed. He hired me to drive to this place. I'm good with maps and cars. When he gave me the advance, I put the down payment on the truck, figuring the job would be done pretty soon. Then stuff started turning funny. Connor got all would up. Started seeing things. Even I did after a bit. So he had me ditch the truck and then had me follow him. Made it real clear that bad things were after us. He had me stow the truck somewhere out of sight. We warned one of his friends, Steph something or another. After we left we ran into one of those demons. He stuck them to the ground and we ran. Rather than the gate, we headed for the wall. He made it so we could fly so we could go over the wall. I was thinkin there's no way that was going to work with the Defenders and all but he said he'd bet the Defenders weren't going to show up right now. I'm not sure what that meant, but he was right. Up and over, but we kept ourselves close to the ground for all we could move. Once his magics wore off we were in the farmlands. But we didn't stop, just kept movin and made sure to not talk to no one. Once we hit the forests it got better and worse. We rarely saw anyone but we saw lots of ...things. We got lost. Had a lot of trouble with edible food. Ran into some bandits. He was injured twice bad enough we had to stop for a while. It took us almost two months to get here. Worst of all, we probably only ate once a day! We literally ate bugs and roots. He mentioned catching a rabbit or deer but that meant someone was going to have to clean it. He didn't know how and that was just too much work for being on the road as well. That and if he had, it might have bought something really nasty down on us."



I'm sorry Weiss sighs, hearing Bogg's tale of a simple job resulting in him being dragged into an awful situation, “You’ve had an horrendous time getting here and still when you thought you were safe. it hasn't stopped and looked like no end in sight. However ..." Weiss shifts his rifle in his hands to emphasize his point, "going up against people like this is what we do and we are are very good at it. You will be able to go home." There was an element of bravado in what Weiss says, but at this point, he wants to give hope to a person who looks like he is about to fall apart.


Virtus wrote:Weiss asks Horne about Broken door, particularly navigating it. Horne in a matter-of-fact way says, "Deadly. It's piled with junk at the entrance as if people didn't want to step inside and simply shoved their things in there, one after another. So much junk infact, the entrance is now a maze of changing tunnels through a mountain of discarded items. Many of tunnels are made by giant worms that are trapped in that realm. There are undead, demons, failed experiments and unnamed horrors that have been trapped in there for who knows how long. Magic is slow to regenerate too. Beyond and underneath the junk is the remnants of the town that was here before Dweomer. It's an odd and dangerous place."


"How wide and how tall are these tunnels?” John asks, contemplating possible methods of access and egress; would they have space to take the Blue Beauty in? Should they sneak around?. All important decisions for them to decide before getting there. “It’s the sort of thing that determines tactics and equipment. Most of us don’t have the ability to fly around and how much firepower we can bring to bear."

He thinks about what was said about the worms and remembers an old movie with giant worms in it he'd seen during a layover somewhere whilst waiting for an operation to start.
“And how hostile are these worms? Are they likely to try and eat us?” He had visions of the Blue Beauty stuck inside a worm’s gut, trying to blast his way out before it digested him.

Grant Latham wrote:Grant nods as Weiss brings up navigating in the pocket dimension. "John, that's a very good point. Thanks for bring it up." I


Yup, not just the driver Weiss smirks inside his head, sometimes its worth not cutting out the rest of us when we have something to offer.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:24 am

JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 13
PER: 1d100 = 21 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Grant Latham wrote:"Do we want to split into two groups? One headed to the Broken Door, the other leading the Sunaj on a merry chase? Leading them to the door seems like a bad move,"
Ronith has been known to split the team when the situation calls for it, but after a moment's thought he shakes his head. "It is not clear whether their objective ends with that which is within Broken Door, or with Connor and his knowledge of the Wither Gate. Furthermore they may well have the manpower to follow both teams, in which case they would locate Broken Door anyways and we would be at reduced strength to stop them."

"If Broken Door is as labyrinthine as Horne says, the Sunaj may be unwilling to let us take 'Connor' into it. Even if they cannot be baited into an ambush" ...Because that worked so well last time. "Whyne can serve as a distraction inside, help us divert the Sunaj from both the manor and the real Connor. If we can split them up, it gives us a chance to end this once and for all."

Virtus wrote:"You charge the door as you would an other magic object. Focus and channel."
Ronith frowns. "How long does the charge last once activated? We can either set sentries or wait for them inside- they have to enter through that door. Grant, Beltin, do either of you have a way we could ward the door so that we will know if the Sunaj decide to follow us in?"

Grant Latham wrote:"Sir Ronith, I need about 15 minutes at the nexus," he says.
"You shall have it, Grant; more even, if you want to build up your reserves. We may need you at capacity to avoid being trapped on the other side of the door. As far as aerial support, one of the others can use my hovercycle. I suspect that I shall be needed on the ground."

Ronith turns to the team. "Anything else, or shall we get underway? Grant needs to visit the ley line nexus. From there, I suggest we proceed to Broken Door. No subtlety required- if the Sunaj wish to challenge us again, let them."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 56/66; PPE- 57/57
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:44 am

(rolls carried)

Weiss wrote:"How wide and how tall are these tunnels?” John asks, contemplating possible methods of access and egress; would they have space to take the Blue Beauty in? Should they sneak around?. All important decisions for them to decide before getting there. “It’s the sort of thing that determines tactics and equipment. Most of us don’t have the ability to fly around and how much firepower we can bring to bear."

He thinks about what was said about the worms and remembers an old movie with giant worms in it he'd seen during a layover somewhere whilst waiting for an operation to start. “And how hostile are these worms? Are they likely to try and eat us?” He had visions of the Blue Beauty stuck inside a worm’s gut, trying to blast his way out before it digested him.


Mr. Horne gave us a street address, Grant muses, he also mentioned it's at least partly of the original town that used to be where Dweomer now stands. It's probably just a shadowy reflection of Dwoemer.

Sir Ronith wrote:"Grant, Beltin, do either of you have a way we could ward the door so that we will know if the Sunaj decide to follow us in?"


Grant looks back at the knight as he was focused on Weiss' question about what lay beyond the door. "Yes, I can set a mystical alarm that I should be able to sense on either side of the door. Mr. Horne's home with it's many wards has given me some insight as well, I believe I could create a possible booby-trap on the other side of the door to hinder anyone who enters or tries to exit before us."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:52 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 55/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 14| 1d100 = 31%
-----------------------------------

Current Status
  • N-F20A Medium Force Field [on] (75/75 MDC)
  • NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
ISP: 225/288
SDC: 69/69
HP: 41/41
Conditions (constant): Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Psionic Seeking (Elizabeth). 25.50 min. 9 mile range.


Virtus wrote:Beltin requests to search her mind. She doesn't seem open to that thought at all. "Do I have any control of what I show you? I don't mind sharing some thoughts but others are mine and mine alone. Little I have is precious to me, but my memories are among those." she says to Beltin. She isn't upset but she is clear in communication. Beltin can see that she is exhibiting signs of stress fatigue. Even from a half hour before she seems to be more weary.

Beltin nods in acquiescence. "That is plain to see. I will not pressure you further. Please do know that we will try our hardest to return your husband." If allowed, he will give her hand a small squeeze of assurance before leaving.

Unclear of what more preparations he can do in advance of their departure, Beltin mills about with the others in solemn quiet. He seems very obviously troubled by their current predicament. There are simply too many unknowns right now. And it seems every attempt I make to contribute is met with a dead end. I am clearly not asking the right questions. Or am not making proper requests. Perhaps I have lost my center and need to spend some time in meditation to regain it. Despite his inclination to withdraw, Beltin shakes off the notion. No. We don't have time for that right now. I have to keep my wits about me. The lives of others may depend upon it.

Grant Latham wrote:
Sir Ronith wrote:"Grant, Beltin, do either of you have a way we could ward the door so that we will know if the Sunaj decide to follow us in?"


Grant looks back at the knight as he was focused on Weiss' question about what lay beyond the door. "Yes, I can set a mystical alarm that I should be able to sense on either side of the door. Mr. Horne's home with it's many wards has given me some insight as well, I believe I could create a possible booby-trap on the other side of the door to hinder anyone who enters or tries to exit before us."

Beltin shakes his head at Sir Ronith's question, "Grant's idea is the most elegant one. I can't think of any psionics that would be anywhere close to equivalent to the mystical alarm that would ward the door. " The young mind melter briefly looks down at the symbols gifted to him by his wife Marit, "I don't believe any of Marit's protections were designed to be used in such a fashion either."

Otherwise, Beltin will comply with deployment of the team as per Sir Ronith's instructions. He is sad that his attempts to acquire the following failed:
  • Get a physical representation (e.g. picture or personal item) of Connor.
  • Get more information about the dimensions and characteristics of whatever item Connor is pursuing.
Beltin Delhomme - H4H's psychic Swiss-army knife | Explorer Points

Status
    -N-F20A Medium Force Field [off] (75/75 MDC)
    -NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
    ISP: 258/258
    SDC: 69/69
    HP: 36/36

Constant effects
Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)

Image
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Barrcuda and Linda Best

She nods with a cock to her head indicating that she understands Barracuda's assertion that their foes have something to fear. Replying to the question about Posey she adds "Hmm. Well she's well meaning but a bit mean. She seems to hate her work but keeps taking jobs. Max Jones is an adrenaline junkie that has super human reflexes. He's fun to watch but a bit self absorbed."

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 4:50pm
Climate: 60F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Interior of Horne's Manor
Ley Line within 1 mile
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.


Grant

Horne answers Grant's question about magic effects. "I've never heard of any reduced effects, just slow regeneration." The nexus in the city is controlled of course, but his standing as a Lord Magus will give him clearance. Opening a portal to Broken door might be able to be done once he makes his way there but currently he has not seen it.

Ashlynn

Her question about time flow gets a curious response from Horne. He rubs his chin and thinks before responding, "You know, I don't know. To my knowledge, no but I don't know anyone who has spent significant time there."

Weiss

Horne says, "They shift in size all the time. I've seen some probably fifty foot in diameter and other only big enough to crawl though. A tunnel that was there yesterday may not be there today. I would also exercise caution in the tunnels. They can collapse. The worms tend to be very hostile an eat anything made out of flesh they can find."

Ronith

"The door is an instant use item. You charge it an it activates the portal. The portal once energized lasts thirty three minutes. After which the gate will collapse and the door needs to be shut and re-energized.

Beltin

Elizabeth does give Beltin a small jewelry box. "Here some of my favorite photos from our wedding and first few years we were married. It has some letters as well when we were courting. I pray you can help him."

Regarding the case Connor went to retrieve, Horne says it's the size of a large brief case. 2ftx2ftx1ft. It weighs about seventy five pounds It contains six tubes inside of it. That's all I know about it.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 37

Comic Talk:
Linda Best wrote:"Hmm. Well she's well meaning but a bit mean. She seems to hate her work but keeps taking jobs. Max Jones is an adrenaline junkie that has super human reflexes. He's fun to watch but a bit self absorbed."

"Hmm. Sounds annoying, if I'm being honest. Still, it'd probably be good for me and Ash... I mean Mega KillRocket Superstar, to meet them. We could compare origin stories, chat about our old teams and homes. If you get a hold of them, have them send word to the Heroes For Hire in MercTown. I'm sure we could find them a nice place to stay while we meet up. Maybe go on an adventure together. Thanks Linda! Great meeting you."

Inside:
Barracuda's head spins with the sheer magnitude of what they are about to undertake. Wait, we're going through a magic door that some magic gods used to put the evil things they didn't want the world to have to deal with but a wizard put something there and that's why we got attacked by the Sunaj and we're going to go there and get the thing and the wizard and maybe fight some evil stuff?! Barracuda turns to Ashlynn and mouths the words "This is awesome" and then goes back to listening to the plan.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:48 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 32
PER: 1d100 = 78 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

To Grant, Ronith says "At the ley line nexus, get enough energy to open the door twice if need be. If you can hold that much. If not, we shall make do." When the rest of the team is finished with their conversations and ready to proceed, Ronith asks Horne to teleport them all back to the APC. There, he will set the team's first course as the nexus.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 56/66; PPE- 57/57
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Perception 41% 1d100 = 52
JIC 1d100 = 85 1d20 = 4

Virtus wrote:Horne says, "They shift in size all the time. I've seen some probably fifty foot in diameter and other only big enough to crawl though. A tunnel that was there yesterday may not be there today. I would also exercise caution in the tunnels. They can collapse. The worms tend to be very hostile an eat anything made out of flesh they can find."


Weiss thinks about this for a second and sighs. Great, so we have absolutely no idea if I can fit the Blue Beauty in the area. That's going to be fun to get through.

Ronith wrote:When the rest of the team is finished with their conversations and ready to proceed, Ronith asks Horne to teleport them all back to the APC. There, he will set the team's first course as the nexus.


Weiss says goodbye to the people in the mansion and reassures Boggs that they will get him home.

Weiss gets back into the driver's seat as they arrive back in the APC. He runs the explosive sensor over the APC and surrounding area just to make sure nobody had hidden anything onboard whilst they were away. Hadn't been long, but better safe than sorry.

OOC Comments
Sensory Equipment 69% 1d100 = 34


"Sir Ronith," he speaks up as he maneuvers the APC through the streets, relying on Grant to tell him the best route to the nexus, "considering the variable nature of the tunnels, do you want me to bring the Blue Beauty with us into the Broken Door. Sounds like it might be a little hit and miss regarding any issues her presence might cause."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:33 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 27

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 61/78
  • P.P.E.: 514/610
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.
  • Decipher Magic | HU2 321 | 4 P.P.E. | 8 min | Read magic symbols/runes at 94%. Can't be used to learn how to make a circle or a ward, but should be able to interpret the symbols
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 P.P.E. | 135' r | 8 min | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell.
  • See Wards | PF2 193 | 8 P.P.E. | 180' | 32 min | See active wards, how many, general sense of power. Area of effect
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | 4 I.S.P. | Surface Thoughts: 120' Two-way Telepathic: 800' | 12 min


Mr. Horne wrote:Horne answers Grant's question about magic effects. "I've never heard of any reduced effects, just slow regeneration."


Grant nods, I'll just need to take enough energy with me to compensate.

As the team wraps up the discussion, he says his good byes and good lucks. "I hope we are successful and are all able to come back here safe and sound to celebrate."

Sir Ronith wrote:To Grant, Ronith says "At the ley line nexus, get enough energy to open the door twice if need be. If you can hold that much. If not, we shall make do." When the rest of the team is finished with their conversations and ready to proceed, Ronith asks Horne to teleport them all back to the APC. There, he will set the team's first course as the nexus.


"At the minimum, I plan to have stored enough to open the door three times," the mage responds.

Once back in the APC he waits for Weiss to finish his scan, trusting that between his efforts and both Beltin's and Sir Ronith's psychic abilities any imminent danger will be detect. He finds his seat near Weiss as they get under way, guiding him along, based on the directions they've been given and his sense of where the nexus should be located. Once at the nexus he goes out and requests permission to draw energy from the nexus, then begins his preparations.

PPE Drawing Recap wrote:Once there he creates two 800 P.P.E. Energy Spheres and puts them into his satchel. He also takes a few minutes to absorb and replenish his own reserve (5.75 min per sphere, can absorb 160 P.P.E. per minute at a nexus - if undisturbed, he should be able to get to his max capacity in about 7 minutes.)
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Linda Best

Linda bids Barracuda farewell as he rejoins the others in the APC .((prior to Horne's residence))

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 5:08pm
Climate: 58F, clear skies
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Streets of Dweomer
Ley Line within 1 mile
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.


With ease, Lup opens a portal that moves everyone back to the APC. Mr Horne holds a hand up in farewell as everyone steps through the portal. Systems seem normal on the APC. There is still a crowd, though now mostly gawkers and idle folk with nothing better to do. The security outside the gates have settled into routine, moving along those who get too curious.

The APC gets under way as they move to the Nexus. The buildings and grounds become noticeably more carefully crafted and ornate as they approach the area Grant knows to be home to a stone pyramid that controls this nexus. Not surprisingly the area is heavily guarded but some of the city's most skilled Magus. Two Controllers atop Ice Drake Automaton's guard the entrance. One of the greets the APC as Heroes for Hire arrives. Upon confirming Grant's identity they instruct Weiss to park in a nearby lot. The APC still draws scowls for many people who are familiar with its origins.

A tall, handsome man that looks like he had stepped off of the cover of a harlequin romance novel greets Grant personally. "Greetings Magus Latham. Step up to the first landing and I'll open the flow up." Assuming Grant does as instructed, the man stands at the base, holding forth both his hands forcefully. The pyramid hums pleasantly as it glows with a blue light. Grant finds full access to the nexus' ample energies.

Whyne is clearly a professional. There are a few cues that indicate stress. Of course she has been awake for a long time and has probably had much less exhausting days. None the less she appears collected.

Accomplishing his goal of gathering P.P.E. Grant can return to the APC.

((Assuming Grant returns, layout what actions taken to lure their foes into the open))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:56 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 32
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 79

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 61/78
  • P.P.E.: 1507/610 (Hold excess for 22 min)
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.
  • Energy Sphere (84/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Energy Sphere (500/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 24 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 120 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 120 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 144 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 24 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 96 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 42 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell


As they pull up to the pyramid, Grant says, "If we are going to draw the Sunaj out, we are going to need to be a bit obvious about what we are doing. That means that our 'McGrath' will need to be front and center. Don't take me wrong, Ms Whyne, while you are the bait, I have no desire to see you killed. I think we need to actually be protecting you throughout, they know we are going to be a hard target, as such we must make sure we are one. I suspect they will want to hit us just as we get to the door. Or right after we go through. Once I have finished, I'll call you all into the pyramid so I may place some protective magics upon you all." He listens as the others suggest alternatives.

...

At the pyramid:


Grant does a slight bow to the man who was wearing the mask. "Thank you, sir for access to the nexus." As they enter the pyramid, he feels his connection to the ley lines return to normal intensity. He breathes in deeply as if he could hold the energy physically in his lungs. "Hello my friend," Grant says to the lines of the nexus. "I need your help." He turns to the fellow watching him. "I plan to create two energy spheres, and then overcharge my own personal capacity. I will need access to the nexus power to cast some protective enchantments."

Grant moves to the center of the room and then picks one leg off the ground, then the other, now floating relaxed. The Lord Magi shakes his arms and shoulders to loosen the knots and tilts his head back and forth to help loosen the neck muscles, then draws the energy. After a few minutes, he focus his minds on the words of power and creates the first energy sphere and let's it float up to his right shoulder. Then a few minutes later, he creates the second and lets it float over his left shoulder.

The monitor watches interest on his face on what is usually a mundane task. He looks at his watch as he sees it's been more than the normal handful of minutes and that Grant is still to drawing in power. The swirl of energy spinning fast around him like a drain in a sink. Finally after 10 minutes Grant opens his eyes, a slightly glazed look to them, but his voice is clear. "There, that should do it, thank you again." He opens his pouches and pulls out the almost depleted energy sphere with 84 P.P.E. and one of the 500 P.P.E. energy spheres and exchanges them with the two 800 P.P.E. spheres.

He moves out of the center of the nexus and calls his team into the pyramid. "Each of you step forward so I can layer the magic upon you." Using the boosting power of the nexus he casts Invincible Armor , Fly as an Eagle (2 by touch), Sustain (2 by touch), and Tongues on everyone (Sir Ronith, Beltin, Barracuda, Ashlynn, Weiss, Whyne, and himself. "This magic should at the very least last long enough to get to the Broken Door."

He casts Farseeing, Infrared Vision, Mystic Invisibility, Nightvision, See the Invisible, Sense Evil, and See Wards on himself (45 P.P.E.). Most of these can not be cast on another, they are too useful not to share, I'll have to make more talismans when time permits.

Once the magic has been cast he rejoins everyone back in the APC for the trip down to the Broken Door.

P.P.E. Spend: 210 (Invincible Armor) + 100 (Fly as an Eagle) + 48 (Sustain) + 45 P.P.E. (Self Buffs) = 303 P.P.E. (1507 P.P.E. remaining for 22 min)

For everyone to add to temporary abilities:

Code: Select all
[list][*]Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
[*]Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
[*]Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
[*]Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%[/list]
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Perception 41% 1d100 = 57
JIC 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 32

Grant Latham wrote:As they pull up to the pyramid, Grant says, "If we are going to draw the Sunaj out, we are going to need to be a bit obvious about what we are doing. That means that our 'McGrath' will need to be front and center. Don't take me wrong, Ms Whyne, while you are the bait, I have no desire to see you killed. I think we need to actually be protecting you throughout, they know we are going to be a hard target, as such we must make sure we are one. I suspect they will want to hit us just as we get to the door. Or right after we go through. Once I have finished, I'll call you all into the pyramid so I may place some protective magics upon you all." He listens as the others suggest alternatives.



Looking at the others, he drummed his fingers on the console.
"As I am guessing most of you want to fight outside of the APC, I can either utilise the firepower of our vehicle or enter combat with the Blue Beauty." He held his hands out waiting for any suggestions which to do, "I say this because judging by our last encounter with them, I highly doubt we are going to come out of this fight unscathed."

Weiss' gaze fell across the group as he wondered how good they actually were. Grant is the only one I’ve seen in action, so I actually have no idea how competent they. 3 of them are capable of overwhelming Sir Ronith and last time, the Haven got partially blown to pieces. As confident as I was with Boggs, do we have the power to pull this off?

“Biggest problem is seeing them coming. Depending on what the magic hides, sensors may or may not be able to pick them up. Presumably those of you whom are magically, psychically,” he looks at Grant, Beltin, Whyne and Sir Ronith, before looking at Ben and Ash, “whatevery in terms of your abilities, some of you can see them or do something to sense their location.” He points to the rear of the APC.
“The Blue Beauty has a flame retardant missile; that stuff sticks to things like mad and is a bugger to get off. Give me a location and I can hit an area of 20 feet with one. Should make it easier to spot them and hit them."

He thought about the fight outside the gates and what they had to deal with.

“I wonder what they will bring to bear on us though. Last time it was only a few of those masked Sunaj that entered the Haven, whilst they had power armour. Reviewing some of the information in the Beauty and things I’ve heard in the past, there is a lot of potential heavy robot and power armour the Splugorth have access to.” Weiss mused on the situation, “it could potentially get very messy very quickly. As we are here, might be worth finding out how quickly the Dweomer defense forces can react to the location we intend to have the ambush."



After discussions are complete, Weiss follows Grant inside, looking at the Nexus under control, but keeping his mouth quiet.

Grant Latham wrote:He moves out of the center of the nexus and calls his team into the pyramid. "Each of you step forward so I can layer the magic upon you." Using the boosting power of the nexus he casts Invincible Armor , Fly as an Eagle (2 by touch), Sustain (2 by touch), and Tongues on everyone (Sir Ronith, Beltin, Barracuda, Ashlynn, Weiss, Whyne, and himself. "This magic should at the very least last long enough to get to the Broken Door."


Never had this amount of magic cast on me before he muses
“Thank you, though I do have a language translator for this tongues spell, though it ain’t that useful in the middle of a firefight."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:15 am

Perception: 60% (wide open spaces) 1d100 = 13 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 14

Conditions:
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

Ronith wrote:"Anything else, or shall we get underway? Grant needs to visit the ley line nexus. From there, I suggest we proceed to Broken Door. No subtlety required- if the Sunaj wish to challenge us again, let them."


Ashlynn grins. "Ready steady go, Boss."

Horne wrote:"You know, I don't know. To my knowledge, no but I don't know anyone who has spent significant time there."


Ashlynn nods appreciatively. "Not a real concern on my end... Just don't wanna go in and find..." A pile o' dusty bones where McGrath is s'posed to be, she thinks, but leaves the thought unsaid.

As Grant layers a veritable parfait (or is it an onion?) of spells on Ashlynn, she smiles at him in giddy anticipation. She finds it difficult to sit still, her right leg bouncing with barely-contained adrenaline. THIS IS SO AWESOME!

As they travel to Broken Door, Ashlynn keeps a wary eye out of the vehicle's turret, looking for trouble.

Eyeball a Fella 68% 1d100 = 47 (SUCCESS)
Eyeball a Fella 68% 1d100 = 38 (SUCCESS)
Eyeball a Fella 68% 1d100 = 43 (SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 26 (SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 81 (FAIL)
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 38 (SUCCESS)
Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 88 (FAIL)
Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 100 (FAIL)
Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 65 (FAIL)

If trouble rears it's ugly head, Ashlynn will alert the others, and swing the turret to point directly at the trouble.

Intimidate 40% 1d100 = 6 (SUCCESS)

Should they reach Broken Door without incident, when Barracuda silently intones:
'Cuda wrote:"This is awesome"


... she nods in agreement, wide-eyed.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/31
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 18/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:24 am

(rolls carried)

Weiss wrote:Never had this amount of magic cast on me before he muses
“Thank you, though I do have a language translator for this tongues spell, though it ain’t that useful in the middle of a firefight."


"The benefit of the spell is that you will understand any verbal language, not just what was programmed into the translator. If you happen to catch them yelling commands to each other, or intercept a radio message you should be able to understand it. Speaking in code may still be an issue, but if they are speaking in a language they don't expect us to know it might make the difference between success and failure." Grant says to John as he moves on to the next person.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:21 am

The Nexus is an amazing place. Many people are here as it serves an official purpose. The grounds here are well kept and it has an almost collegiate feel to it. Whyne has been in thought for a while.

"I expect that once we dangle me out there as bait, one of their main objectives will be to teleport me out of here. I wonder if they've hired help as well. It's typically their M.O."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:47 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 82

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 61/78
  • P.P.E.: 1507/610 (Hold excess for 22 min)
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.
  • Energy Sphere (84/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Energy Sphere (500/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 24 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 120 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 120 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 144 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 24 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 96 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 42 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell


Whyne wrote:"I expect that once we dangle me out there as bait, one of their main objectives will be to teleport me out of here. I wonder if they've hired help as well. It's typically their M.O."


Grant considers Whyne's comments, "I am sure they have hired someone. Probably not one of the magi. Those that are discontent here in Dwoemer typically leave rather than stay, but a ley line walker, or shifter definitely possible. Now, teleportation magic is very costly to begin with. Being able to teleport someone remotely isn't something that I have seen, objects yes, but people, no. Hmm, that would be an interesting challenge though." The advanced theory taught to the Lord Magi plus Grant's own predilection towards travel magic takes hold for a few seconds as he contemplates the theory. "They will want to snatch you and then teleport you or take you through a portal. Denying them full access to a nexus is critical then."

He looks back at his team. "Drawing them out here in the city seems like a better plan. Outside the city walls, they won't be resticted on what they could bring to bear. Inside, they will only have what they can bring in plus whatever they can buy or rent. We are headed to the warehouse district, I think we should still head that way and locate a somewhat isolated location, but not at the Broken Door. There we can create a showy illusion of us attempting to open the door with Miss Whyne at the center. We should probably have Miss Whyne in the cab, giving 'directions.'"

He calls up to John in the cab, "Keep an eye out for an abandoned building where there will be enough room for your robot, but not open to the sky."

Thinking about the various comments made by his team, Grant proposes a plan, "Defense-wise, Beltin, if you are open to it, I think you scouting astrally might be best. Ashlynn and Barracuda, you should probably focus on any ground troops that come at us. Sir Ronith of course should stay near Ms Whyne. My role will of course be dealing with what magic is throw at us and for John bring his heavy weapons to bear in his robot. With the magic I've cast on each of us, and the charms already in your possession, I think it may become a physical struggle rather than mystical."

"Afterwards, we summon the Dweomer defense forces to take our prisoners, and hopefully proceed unimpeded to the Broken Door." Grant concludes with, "Battle isn't my forte, so please, any other ideas are welcome to help refine this."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Perception: 60% (wide open spaces) 1d100 = 42 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 11

Conditions:
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

Grant wrote:Ashlynn and Barracuda, you should probably focus on any ground troops that come at us. Sir Ronith of course should stay near Ms Whyne.


Ashlynn grins. "Roger-dodger!"

Grant wrote:"Battle isn't my forte, so please, any other ideas are welcome to help refine this."


"My friend Hagbard used to say, 'when in doubt, stick 'em with the pointy end'."

Despite her bravado, Ashlynn takes the threat seriously, and keeps her head on a swivel, looking out for any threats from the ground level, as instructed. Need to prove my worth here - can't have another fiasco like when I blew up the Haven...

I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 22 (SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 94 (FAIL)
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 21 (SUCCESS)

Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 75 (FAIL)
Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 69 (FAIL)
Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 11 (SUCCESS)

If she spots an imminent ambush, she will call it out. "Targets incoming at X o'clock!"
Last edited by Ashlynn on Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/31
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 18/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 69/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 35

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%


Barracuda steps forward when called to receive the magic being cast by Grant. Taking his seat in the APC, he makes sure he's ready, going over what he has on his person, his understanding of their mission and what the magic Grant just cast upon him does.
Grant Latham wrote:"We are headed to the warehouse district, I think we should still head that way and locate a somewhat isolated location, but not at the Broken Door. There we can create a showy illusion of us attempting to open the door with Miss Whyne at the center. We should probably have Miss Whyne in the cab, giving 'directions.'"

Grant Latham wrote:"Defense-wise, Beltin, if you are open to it, I think you scouting astrally might be best. Ashlynn and Barracuda, you should probably focus on any ground troops that come at us. Sir Ronith of course should stay near Ms Whyne. My role will of course be dealing with what magic is throw at us and for John bring his heavy weapons to bear in his robot. With the magic I've cast on each of us, and the charms already in your possession, I think it may become a physical struggle rather than mystical."

"So, find a warehouse, make them think we're going through the Broken Door, catch em by surprise and take em out? That, I can do."
Barracuda sits tight until they reach their destination, then he waits for Grant to get things set up before he finds a good hiding spot.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:57 am

(rolls carried)

Barracuda wrote:"So, find a warehouse, make them think we're going through the Broken Door, catch em by surprise and take em out? That, I can do."
Barracuda sits tight until they reach their destination, then he waits for Grant to get things set up before he finds a good hiding spot.


"Exactly, and from this point on," Grant looks at the Professor McGrath substitute, "let's make sure we use his correct name, Professor MacGrath. Professor are you ready to head to the Broken Door?"

He steps out of the copilot's chair and waves to the professor, "Please come up from and lead the way, sir."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:00 am

rolls carried

As they return to the APC, something tugs about Weiss' mind about the situation. Weiss scratches his beard as he sits in the pilot seat before twier

"I think we're looking at this all wrong and planning with erroneous assumptions about what the Sunaj know." Weiss looks around at the group

"Think about it this way, McGrath arrives here in Dweomer where he finds out what and where the Broken Door is from Mr Horne. All we had was a name. The Sunaj haven't expected McGrath to have gone anywhere else other than Horne's, so why would they expect us to do what we are planning. The Broken Door is a great ruse to use if they know about it, otherwise we're showing our hand and basically wasting resources on something that means absolutely nothing to them at the moment and that we might accidentally tip them off information that they don't have."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:22 am

(rolls carried)
Weiss wrote:"I think we're looking at this all wrong and planning with erroneous assumptions about what the Sunaj know." Weiss looks around at the group

"Think about it this way, McGrath arrives here in Dweomer where he finds out what and where the Broken Door is from Mr Horne. All we had was a name. The Sunaj haven't expected McGrath to have gone anywhere else other than Horne's, so why would they expect us to do what we are planning. The Broken Door is a great ruse to use if they know about it, otherwise we're showing our hand and basically wasting resources on something that means absolutely nothing to them at the moment and that we might accidentally tip them off information that they don't have."


Streetwise 92% vs 1d100 = 58 | Trying to determine if they should do the ambush, or cut and run for the door.
Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 28 | Trying to determine if they should do the ambush, or cut and run for the door.

OOC Comments
From the hangout, I think Virtus has telegraphed clearly that we can/will be in a battle at some point.


Grateful for some critical feedback on his idea, Grant listens thoughtfully to John as he shares his concern. The young mage takes a few moments to reply, "We know that someone after McGrath was attempting to penetrate Horne's home. Horne and his companions were deliberately letting those outside who cared know that McGrath was inside with them. We arrived, and at that at least Sir Ronith made it past the front gate. We all went into the APC and stayed there for an amount of time then drove away."

"Now it could be the group called the Vanguard that we found information out back at the P.I. office, or it could be the Sunaj who took direct action against us. Either way, Sir Ronith is somewhat famous and most likely recognized. Whoever is watching Horne's mansion probably sent at least one person to tail us. They saw us go to the nexus for a time and now back into the APC. If we are quick, we could probably get to the Broken Door and get through it before that person has time to summon reinforcements, but they will definitely be camped at the door when we get back. With magical energy in limited supply on the other side of the door, we will definitely be at a disadvantage when we return, possibly with injured or dead if we are not careful. However, keeping the door a secret appears to be more important than rescuing the Professor. It is for this that I think we need to draw them out now."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 am

Rolls carried

Grant Latham wrote:Grateful for some critical feedback on his idea, Grant listens thoughtfully to John as he shares his concern. The young mage takes a few moments to reply, "We know that someone after McGrath was attempting to penetrate Horne's home. Horne and his companions were deliberately letting those outside who cared know that McGrath was inside with them. We arrived, and at that at least Sir Ronith made it past the front gate. We all went into the APC and stayed there for an amount of time then drove away."

"Now it could be the group called the Vanguard that we found information out back at the P.I. office, or it could be the Sunaj who took direct action against us. Either way, Sir Ronith is somewhat famous and most likely recognized. Whoever is watching Horne's mansion probably sent at least one person to tail us. They saw us go to the nexus for a time and now back into the APC. If we are quick, we could probably get to the Broken Door and get through it before that person has time to summon reinforcements, but they will definitely be camped at the door when we get back. With magical energy in limited supply on the other side of the door, we will definitely be at a disadvantage when we return, possibly with injured or dead if we are not careful. However, keeping the door a secret appears to be more important than rescuing the Professor. It is for this that I think we need to draw them out now."


"I don't disagree that we need to ambush them," Weiss agrees with Grant, "we just don't show them anything about the Broken Door, or we show them something that if they do escape or the other party also sees it, sends them on a wild goose chase. For instance, sending a message up the leyline, making them think we are communicating with somebody in that direction."

Weiss drums his fingers on the dashboard, considering more things.
"I agree they certainly know we are here and that at some point, we will be in conflict with at least one group, if not more. So getting rid of one or more groups is to our benefit, but not if it means giving away a major piece of information. Now if they know who is in our group and considering all of us have had conflict with them already, then illusion to misdirect who is where. For instance, having me out in the open near McGrath. This signals to them a blunder by not having me near my robot and they think that the Blue Beauty won't initially or at all be something to deal with in combat. Of course, the illusion is that I am there and not actually ready for an ambush in the Blue Beauty. We can amp up the APC's output long enough to mask sensor readings that she is active and ready to go.

Nice to be part of the planning for a change. Normally, its go and shoot that, blow that to pieces, hold this line etc.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:50 am

Weiss wrote:Weiss drums his fingers on the dashboard, considering more things.
"I agree they certainly know we are here and that at some point, we will be in conflict with at least one group, if not more. So getting rid of one or more groups is to our benefit, but not if it means giving away a major piece of information. Now if they know who is in our group and considering all of us have had conflict with them already, then illusion to misdirect who is where. For instance, having me out in the open near McGrath. This signals to them a blunder by not having me near my robot and they think that the Blue Beauty won't initially or at all be something to deal with in combat. Of course, the illusion is that I am there and not actually ready for an ambush in the Blue Beauty. We can amp up the APC's output long enough to mask sensor readings that she is active and ready to go.


Grant grins and nods, "Yes, so when we arrive. Everyone find the best and second best spot to be. Go to the second best spot and wait, that's when I will cast the illusionary magic, then go to your final location. Since I will be replicating the existing area for the most part it should be safe for you all to move to the best spot you've found despite the magic that may be affecting your senses."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:41 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 5:10pm
Climate: 60F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Interior of Horne's Manor
Ley Line within 1 mile
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.


Everyone loads into the APC and heads for the warehouse district. The road leading north is pleasant and less crowded. Going over a bridge, the passengers of the APC peak out onto the gentle river below. Immediately on the other side the numerous warehouses become visible. Some of the buildings are quite old and others are brand new. It's obviously many people work. It seems so mundane here compared to Dweomer proper. No doubt a city the size of Dweomer requires solid logisitics to keep functioning. Certainly the heart of that logistics operation is here. Food, water, clothing, supplies and other needs are brought in here in mass quantities as it is anywhere. Those with eyes to see notice some of the signs that these aren't the average warehouses in some cases. For those that can sense supernatural evil, such can be sensed here. Secret warehouses, questionable operations and unknown items play into that no doubt. Some of the warehouses are open revealing what is likely research or testing fascilities. Other warehouses simply look uninviting. Even this section must enjoy the protections of Dweomer as it seeingly remains unnoticed.

Heroes for Hire spot building after building, all look potentially pomising for abush, either theirs or the Sunaj's.

Look at this map for reference. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1pITcAN55IBMe4mHBv2DXSv8kUSwYZCNL&ll=39.385435828722464%2C-83.01815471932298&z=19 I can add more buildings but the map is a bit difficult to work with.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:22 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 57
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 85

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 61/78
  • P.P.E.: 1507/610 (Hold excess for 18 min)
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.
  • Energy Sphere (84/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Energy Sphere (500/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 478 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 70 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 22 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 118 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 118 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 142 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 22 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 94 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 40 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell


Grant looks over Weiss' and the Professor's shoulders as they drive north. In his mind, the internal counter of how long the various spell magics he's cast relentless ticks downward. He looks at the clump of possibilities as they drive past. "John, slow down, I think these are good, let's take a few seconds to look." All the buildings are large, some are huge. We are still in the control range of the nexus, so any benefit they would supply is negligible. "This building on the corner looks good." Grant points at polygon 7. "Or that one that has the bend in it." He moves his hand to point at polygon 3. "Both are close to the road we need to be on. Which do you think would be better for the Blue Beauty?"

Grant preps to drain the excess energy he's holding into a new energy sphere to replace the one that is almost depleted. He pulls in the 84 P.P.E. from the sphere and then casts the spell (120 P.P.E.), then dumps the extra energy he's holding to create one last 800 P.P.E. energy sphere. He then casts Mystic Invisibility on himself (25 P.P.E.) with the small excess of energy left with in him.

When the APC finally stops, Grant looks to Sir Ronith and Beltin for instructions, he turns to Barracuda and Ashlynn, "Why don't you two do a quick scout of the exterior. He turns back to Weiss, "John, you should unload your robot. While the rest of take a look inside." He steps back from the front of the APC and moves towards the door. [b]"Sir Ronith, if could find a 'broken door' to use, and put it in the center of the building if isn't already that would be great."

He turns invisible (simple) and enters the building. Once Ashylnn and Barracuda are back and everyone is inside, he turns visible for a moment and asks, "How many exterior doors are there? Which ones will we not be able to keep an eye on?" Once he knows which doors and/or windows that are problematic, he goes to each and casts Mystic Alarm on each of them. (Virtus - Just let me know how many times it has to be cast.)

Spells Cast
  • Energy Sphere | 120 P.P.E. | 16 days | 800 P.P.E.
  • Mystic Invisibility | 25 P.P.E. | 40 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Mystic Alarm | BOM 95 | 2 P.P.E. | 8 years | Affects one object, will activate if disturbed.

Remaining P.P.E.: 1507 - 120 - 25 + 84 -2 x # of Alarm spells ~ max 646 P.P.E. personally remaining.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:55 am

Perception: 60% (wide open spaces) 1d100 = 67 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 80

Conditions:
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

Grant wrote:"Yes, so when we arrive. Everyone find the best and second best spot to be. Go to the second best spot and wait, that's when I will cast the illusionary magic, then go to your final location. Since I will be replicating the existing area for the most part it should be safe for you all to move to the best spot you've found despite the magic that may be affecting your senses."


Ashlynn grins. "Sweet. I'll put myself somewhere in front of them, then move somewhere behind them, and flank 'em by myself!" She rubs her hands together in fiendish glee. I know it's an illusion and all, but hopefully they'll figure that out too late.

She sits in antsy expectation as the APC drives through Dweomer. By the time they reach the warehouse district and Weiss slows the APC to a crawl, Ashlynn's nerves are coiled steel.

Grant wrote:"Why don't you two do a quick scout of the exterior."


Ashlynn fairly hops out of the APC as the doors open, Saying "This better be the place, McGrath!", and she uses her super-bounce to parkour up to the nearest rooftop (bouncing between buildings to attain height).

As she reaches the rooftop, a piercing ringing in her ears echoes in her skull. She slaps her hands over her ears and sinks to her knees.

"Aaagh!" Struggling to her feet, the ringing subsides. No time for this Ash... Get it together!!

She tries to shake it off, but realizes her hearing is oddly amplified - she can hear sounds from a much further distance than before. One last perfunctory shake of her head is all she allows herself before resuming her search. She stands, and then bounces rooftop to rooftop in a perimeter search around the APC.

OOC Comments
Add heightened sense of hearing, can hear whispers in a 360' radius.


Looking at any people in view:

I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 95 (FAIL)
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 75 (FAIL)
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 81 (FAIL)

Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 79 (FAIL)
Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 9 (SUCCESS)
Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 64 (FAIL)

Looking at the surrounding buildings (to look for obvious and not-so-obvious entrances, as well as potential security measures on those entrances):

Perception: 70% (wide open spaces) 1d100 = 5 (CRIT. SUCCESS)
Perception: 70% (wide open spaces) 1d100 = 66 (SUCCESS)
Perception: 70% (wide open spaces) 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)

If she hears any tell-tale sounds indicating they're being followed (such as talking that indicates planning, notes our APC, and/or the name "McGrath"), she notes where they are with her heightened hearing, and confirms with her radar ability, to report back in.

Estimate distance of sound 60% 1d100 = 84 (FAIL)
Estimate distance of sound 60% 1d100 = 21 (SUCCESS)
Estimate distance of sound 60% 1d100 = 7 (SUCCESS)

Estimate Exact Location 74% 1d100 = 85 (FAIL)
Estimate Exact Location 74% 1d100 = 37 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Exact Location 74% 1d100 = 96 (FAIL)

Once done, she returns to the APC to report what she's seen, heard, and radar'ed.

If she sees Barracuda flying, she will remember that she, too, can fly for now, and will take to the air.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/31
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 18/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:39 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 67
PER: 1d100 = 16 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Extended Presence Sense- 1d100 = 86 vs. 83%
To identify an empty warehouse
Prowl- 1d100 = 79 vs. 101%
To enter the warehouse undetected
Intelligence- 1d100 = 69 vs. 96%
Detect Ambush- 1d100 = 61 vs. 96%
Trap/Mine Detection- 1d100 = 36 vs. 86%
Detect Concealment- 1d100 = 56 vs. 86%
All for scouting the warehouse

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Ext. Presence Sense | Rifter 25 77 | 22m | Exact number/location of all sentient beings in a 75-ft radius

Ronith listens to the debate, and eventual decision, between Weiss and Grant. He nods. "I appreciate your thoughts, gentlemen. Your plan is a sound one, let us proceed. I shall help us identify a suitable location." He will accept Grant's additional spell buffs with a grateful but distracted nod.

Once they're on the road, Ronith will keep an eye out the window until they arrive in a likely-looking warehouse district. He'll rely on Ashlynn's mundane abilities at first, to narrow the field a little- a building with no obvious supernatural evil or activity near it, and ideally one that doesn't look like it has been used in a little while. Ronith will then begin scanning the area psionically ((Extended Presence Sense, -8 ISP)), looking for buildings that are totally empty (and, ideally, have only empty neighboring buildings).

After identifying a suitable ambush site, Ronith will leave the handling of the APC and Blue Beauty to Weiss. After Grant sketches out a plan, Ronith nods and slips out the back. "Beltin, you stay here and keep an eye on Whyne. I shall report in after I have scouted the interior." While he won't activate any special powers to improve his stealth, he will slip out immediately after Ashlynn with his cloak of shadows pulled tightly around his body- even a keenly-eyed watcher would be hard-pressed to spot the cyber-knight. As quietly as he can, Ronith will duck inside and take a quick look around.

He will rely on his nightvision, amplified hearing, and experience to give the warehouse as thorough a once-over as he can. Once Ronith is satisfied that no ugly surprises await them here, he will sneak back out to the APC, entering it from a different direction than he left. There, he will report the all-clear.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 56/66; PPE- 57/57
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 80

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%



Grant Latham wrote:"Yes, so when we arrive. Everyone find the best and second best spot to be. Go to the second best spot and wait, that's when I will cast the illusionary magic, then go to your final location. Since I will be replicating the existing area for the most part it should be safe for you all to move to the best spot you've found despite the magic that may be affecting your senses."

"Second best, then best. This is gonna be one hell of a whammy spell you're cooking up! Will there be a fake Barracuda standing there while the real one strikes? Too cool."

Grant Latham wrote:When the APC finally stops, Grant looks to Sir Ronith and Beltin for instructions, he turns to Barracuda and Ashlynn, "Why don't you two do a quick scout of the exterior.

"Got it!" Barracuda steps out of the APC and starts walking around the area. He sees Ashlynn bounce to the rooftop, he shakes his head a little, laughs and continues on scouting the area. He keeps his eyes peeled for anyone that seems out of place for a warehouse district. Once he finishes up his route, he heads back into the APC and reports what he has seen.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 am

Perception 41% 1d100 = 95
JIC 1d100 = 21 1d20 = 12

Conditions:
•Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
•Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
•Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
•Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

Grant Latham wrote:Grant grins and nods, "Yes, so when we arrive. Everyone find the best and second best spot to be. Go to the second best spot and wait, that's when I will cast the illusionary magic, then go to your final location. Since I will be replicating the existing area for the most part it should be safe for you all to move to the best spot you've found despite the magic that may be affecting your senses."

Ronith wrote:Ronith listens to the debate, and eventual decision, between Weiss and Grant. He nods. "I appreciate your thoughts, gentlemen. Your plan is a sound one, let us proceed. I shall help us identify a suitable location."


Good, we have buy in Weiss thinks to himself, before setting the APC back on the road.

As they arrive in the district, Weiss looks around on the scopes at the area they had entered.

Grant Latham wrote:John, slow down, I think these are good, let's take a few seconds to look." All the buildings are large, some are huge. We are still in the control range of the nexus, so any benefit they would supply is negligible. "This building on the corner looks good." Grant points at polygon 7. "Or that one that has the bend in it." He moves his hand to point at polygon 3. "Both are close to the road we need to be on. Which do you think would be better for the Blue Beauty?"


Weiss slows the APC down, to get a better look at the buildings.
"A few potential places for an ambush. The large one allows for the Blue Beauty to use missiles, but is it too large an area, allowing them too many points of entry and some blind sites. The other one too small, restricts movement if we also have the APC. Too easy to spill out into the surrounding area. How about that one?"
he indicates Polygon 2, "larger area, plenty of room for a fight, but still able to restrict the movement of any power armour, especially the flying kind which they used last time."

Grant Latham wrote:When the APC finally stops, Grant looks to Sir Ronith and Beltin for instructions, he turns to Barracuda and Ashlynn, "Why don't you two do a quick scout of the exterior. He turns back to Weiss, "John, you should unload your robot. While the rest of take a look inside."


Weiss screws up his face under his armour and shakes his head,
"At this point, we don't want them to know that the Blue Beauty is active. That was kinda the point I was making before, make them think we are less prepared than we are. Having the Blue Beauty on display shows we are ready for a fight, rather than lulling them into a false sense of security. I need to up the reactor output to mask the Beauty's readings and pretend that the APC is out of commission. Make them conscious that they aren't the only people hunting us. Get them looking over their shoulders as well."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:01 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 24/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 15| 1d100 = 22%
-----------------------------------

Current Status
  • N-F20A Medium Force Field [on] (75/75 MDC)
  • NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
ISP: 225/288
SDC: 69/69
HP: 41/41
Conditions (constant): Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%


Largely silent since their time in the mansion, Beltin secretly fights off some mild sensory overload. The overwhelming presence of magic and concentrations of supernatural evil are too much for his psychic sensitivities. He dutifully moves with the squad but keeps out of the way as others plan their path forward. Instead, he spends his time in the rear of the APC, slowly flipping through his books but not fully absorbing them.

He can't help but eavesdrop on the planning conversation between Grant and Weiss, happening in the cab of the APC.

We are setting a counter-ambush... interesting. Beltin thinks to himself as he reviews his fledgling knowledge on the matter and tries to learn from others more skilled in these matters than he.

Detect Ambush. 1d100 = 51 | 42% <== Setting up a counter-ambush location
Detect Concealment. 1d100 = 77 | 37% <== Look for places where the enemy could be hiding.

When the APC comes to a stop, he makes sure his gear is properly secured, flips on his force-field, and listens for Sir Ronith's deployment orders. He does not need to wait long.

Sir Ronith wrote:"Beltin, you stay here and keep an eye on Whyne. I shall report in after I have scouted the interior."

"Understood." Beltin confirms matter-of-factly. Time for another feat of daring-to-do. the fledgling investigator smirks to himself, reflecting on the many times their leader has rushed into harms way.

"Looks like I'm your close-quarters security today, McGrath." Beltin says to Whyne while they wait inside the relative protection of the APC. Since the rest of the squad move out and about exterior to the APC, he takes his job very seriously and moves himself to close proximity to the shape-shifter. He does not want to give the Sunaj a chance to steal Whyne away.

Lore: Magic. 1d100 = 12 | 82% <== Knowledge that physical contact tends to be required for teleportation magic/abilities.

Should the counter-ambush go awry and somehow the enemy manage to find some way to appear within the interior space of the APC, Beltin will immediately create a tight TK-Forcefield surrounding both himself and Whynne, protecting them from attack (and more importantly, physical contact). Next, he will yell, "Enemy Contact!" before focusing his energies on summoning a psi-sword in anticipation of close-quarter combat once his TK-Forcefield is breached.
Beltin Delhomme - H4H's psychic Swiss-army knife | Explorer Points

Status
    -N-F20A Medium Force Field [off] (75/75 MDC)
    -NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
    ISP: 258/258
    SDC: 69/69
    HP: 36/36

Constant effects
Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)

Image
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Post in Progress

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 5:25pm
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Warehouse District,
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.


The roads here are surprising typical. Patched concrete, curbs, light pole and everything else you'd see in Merctown is also visible here. All around these warehouses are still busy. Hover trucks, semis and other freight vehicles are in common use. Being a couple miles from the nearest ley line, this are relies more on traditional transit though Grant easily identifies several vehicles upfitted by technowizards. Heroes for Hire parks the APC in the parking lot of Warehouse 7 ((Polygon 7)). Naturally there is no way an APC doesn't get noticed but perhaps less so than elsewhere owing to the numerous pieces of industrial equipment here.

The parking lot of this Warehouse and of the nearby warehouses is in disrepair. Weeds poke up from cracks in old concrete. Rusting barrels, old signs and a couple vehicles sitting from disrepair are visible. The general plan is laid out and so everyone begin to move into action.

Ashlynn bounces up to roof top height. He path is not silent due to the metal buildings amplifying sound. She's bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy and perhaps even fun but she's also fast. As she makes her circuit her movements cause a few people to come out and investigate. Of course she is long gone by the time they do. The noise though. Megakill Rocket Super Star's unexpected growth of new hearing startles her. In this environment it even becomes a nuisance. Every manner of conversation can be heard, including some rather crude humor and even descriptions of intimate exploits. Of course there are the crickets, crows, pideons, flys, frogs, mice, water drips, rustling leaves, trucks, cars, hover vehicles, radio conversations, music, idle conversations, angry disagreements of a mundane nature and all manner of other sounds going on right now.

She looks about for people paying extra attention. There are a few she can spot. The are likely security of some fashion or another. They are sitting in a hover jeep a couple hundred feet away, watching. They have noticed the APC but doesn't seem to be particularly interested. All of the buildings have an entrance on each side. All of them have massive doors for deliveries facing the road. However her search for pursuers just doesn't seem to be producing results.

Ronith scans the area. There are a few individuals hanging about. Quite possibly vagrants as this area might be suited for their lifestyle. Warehouses 2, 3 and 7 are all without workers but they are also not empty. Warehouse 2 is the largest. Inside it has overhead gantries and a walk that circles the interior about 30ft up and includes offices. No one appears to be in here except for a couple homeless d-bees lounging amid the racks of supplies. He senses magic in use as he does everywhere but does not sense evil.

Barracuda steps out and also does a bit of scouting around. He notices that from the way they came there is a flight of birds leaving Warehouse 27 (polygon 27). There is no sound or visible movement but in the caution of the moment it catches his eye. It could be nothing but it might not as well.

Grant enters Warehouse 2 undetectably. In 8 doors, including the garage doors. He casts his innvocations upon the exterior doors and then makes his way back to the APC.

Weiss if he chooses can unload his robot. The security detail down the road may or may not care but almost certain will take notice. If he does move the robot no one will stop him from doing so.

Beltin watches the environment around him like a hawk. There are ample opportunities here for ambushes and to be ambushed. The warehouses make perfect locations and also obscure sight. The echoing work noise in this area also help to hide movement. He speak to Whyne as McGrath. She nods, seemingly mimicking McGrath. Beltin notices little tics and mannerisms he had noticed before. She might just be exhausted but she might also be an excellent imposter. She knew McGrath and had time to observe. Beltin might realize in regards to putting the ambush into action will require them to display their McGrath.

Whyne as McGrath in an unfamiliar voice speaks quietly saying, "Be prepared. They are out of their element here. They haven't had time to prepare so it's possible they may have hired help or may use unorthodox tactics." She says in the professor's voice.

((I've set up a map of the warehouse. Feel free to further elaborate on preparations. Establish positions.))

Image
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:04 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 73
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 96

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 61/78
  • P.P.E.: 630/610 (Hold excess for 3 min)
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (800/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Energy Sphere (500/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 7 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 463 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 103 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 57 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Mystic Alarm | BOM 95 | 2 P.P.E. | 8 years | Affects one object, will activate if disturbed.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 103 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 127 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 7 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 79 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 25 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 55 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 58 | To better craft his illusion
Land Navigation 102% vs 1d100 = 93 | To better craft his illusion
Wardrobe and Grooming 58% vs 1d100 = 52 | To better craft his illusion
Total Recall 1d100 = 31 | Perfect Recall | To better craft his illusion

Grant nods in satisfaciton as he enchants the doors on the warehouse, afterwards he returns to the APC.

He cancels his invisibility with a thought then hops out of the APC again and jogs over to the doors. The young mage waves the others into the building. Once inside he examines the details of the space committing them to memory. Then he watches everyone move into their initial positions. After a minute or two, he calls out, "Okay, get ready! I am going to open the door."

He casts Illusionary Terrain and replicates the interior space of the warehouse, the team (including the APC and Weiss' robot if they are inside). In the illusion he replicates the minor movements and sounds of his teammates, the illusion covering each of them. Near his position with Sir Ronith and the Professor, he creates the image of an old, but sturdy engraved door propped up against a pillar.

He then follows up with the piggy back spell of Illusionary Manipulation and draws the professor and the leader of H4H away from where they had originally stood.

He says, "Alright everyone, be ready to enter the door quickly once it's open. It will take me a number of minutes to cast the ritual to open the Broken Door." He begins manipulating the illusion masking everyone in their final position then manipulates the image of himself, Sir Ronith, and the Professor as he begins chanting, he causes his image to touch the door in various places causing symbols on the door to glow and change color. He carries this forward for a few minutes, and finally has the image say, "The door is opening!"

The door now glowing brightly, clicks and the illusionary professor grabs the handle and opens it up to see a yawning darkness full of sparkingly motes. The professor's image says, "You've done it." and then walks inside and disappears.

The illusion of Grant says, "Come on everyone, I can only hold this for another minute."

If nothing attacks, Grant then resets the illusion and repeats the process again. I hope they take bait quickly, he thinks.

Spells Cast
Illusion Manipulation | BOM 128 | 60 P.P.E. | 9000' 4800 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 240 min
Illusionary Terrain | BOM 141 | 120 P.P.E. | 1000' 48000 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 240 min
Total Recall | RUE 177 | 2 I.S.P. | Self

P.P.E. Cast: 180 P.P.E.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:13 am

Perception: 75% (wide open spaces)/70% (enclosed spaces) 1d100 = 19 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 82

OOC Comments
The most wonderful thing about Ashlynn is that she's the only one.


Ashlynn returns to the APC, tapping her head as if to get water out of her ear canal. "Weird thing going on with my ears... weird good, not weird bad. I can hear a lot better suddenly. I didn't hear anyone planning an ambush though."

With that, Ashlynn hops out of the APC and follows Grant into the warehouse. She looks for a not-completely-inept cover spot more or less in front of the entrance, and takes that position until Grant casts his illusion.

She then proceeds to her preferred cover: a spot near the door where she can be behind anyone who enters.

While the illusion is active, Ashlynn depends on her radar and hearing to navigate, keeping her eyes shut to avoid confusion. I can move like a cat in the dark, Pangur used to say... time to do it.

OOC Comments
No penalties for blindness.


She will use her radar and hearing to determine if they are being approached under cover of the illusion.

Interpret Shapes 80% 1d100 = 78 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Distance 84% 1d100 = 68 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Direction 84% 1d100 = 73 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Speed 64% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Exact Location 74% 1d100 = 75 (FAIL)

Recognize voice or sound (requires concentration) 40% 1d100 = 35 (SUCCESS)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/31
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 18/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Previous

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest