Beyond Broken Door

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 36

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 57 min | 144/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy. Regen: 1d6 = 4
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 465 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 57 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%


Reveling in the clashing of tridents, Barracuda is smiling at his opponent while they engage in a battle of steel. Have to fight smart, not fun. A good weapon doesn't guarantee a victory, Ben. Using his trident, Barracuda continues to parry any incoming blows from his blue foe while turning off sound for the other enemies in the area. No words, no magic.


APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 21
Action 1: Silence mage. Duration: 35 minutes.
Action 2: Silence mage. Duration: 35 minutes.
Action 3: Silence mage. Duration: 35 minutes.
Action 4: Silence mage. Duration: 35 minutes.
Action 5: Silence mage. Duration: 35 minutes.
Action 6: Silence mage. Duration: 35 minutes.

Parries: 1d20+9 = 111d20+9 = 181d20+9 = 211d20+9 = 121d20+9 = 221d20+9 = 28
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:02 am

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 12 (+2 tB)
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 16
PER: 1d100 = 71 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
APM: 9

Intelligence- 1d100 = 76 vs. 96%
Identify the most powerful-looking opponents
Blind fighting- 1d100 = 84 vs. 86%
To engage any invisible opponents his see the invisible amulet won't work on

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 57.75 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 464.25 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 56.25 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Ext. Presence Sense | Rifter 25 77 | 6.75m | Exact number/location of all sentient beings in a 75-ft radius
  • Shadow Meld | BoM 103 | 9.75m | +15% prowl, attackers -5 to strike
  • Enhance Reflexes | Rifter 25 75 | 21.75m | +1APM, +3I, +2S, +3P/D, +2 PP (--> 27), +15% to physical skills relying on coordination or balance
  • Telepathy: Superior | Rifter 25 83 | 21.75m

Ronith is startled, and a little disturbed, when he comes across the name 'Turand Industries.' This swiftly turns to anger. They would defile my family name- for what? Some kind of sick joke?!? Putting a pause on his rage, Ronith will dig up every detail of the memory that he can- where the contract was signed, who presented it, everything.

With part of the building threatening to collapse, Ronith reasons that their gambit has failed- the Sunaj will not be drawn into such a foolhardy confrontation. As such, there is no reason for the cyber-knight to hold himself back from the conflict any further. Part of Ronith realizes that it's unfair to vent his outrage on their hired guns; part of him, beyond being offended at the hit to his family's repuation, is sick and tired of these assassins and their games and their skulking about in the shadows. Ronith is not so foolish as to blindly charge out into the fray and compromise Grant's illusions- he will stick to the shadows as much as possible to try and preserve his makeshift invisibility. But make no mistake- the cyber-knight is pissed, and someone is going to pay for that.

Ronith will draw his swords and leap about the warehouse interior with the goal of targeting (interrupting) any mages actively engaged in spellcraft and taking out the most powerful-looking opponents. Barring anyone who appears to be on the verge of doing something spectacular to the team, Ronith assumes that the seventh mind that he can sense but not see is the most powerfu. He will target them first- relying on his extended presence sense to get him close and his skill at blind fighting (or amulet of see the invisible) to compensate for the lack of vision. Fully armored and endowed with Grant's magical protection, Ronith gives full vent to his anger and goes on all-out offense.

((Critical strikes in red))

Action 1: Dual sword strikes. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 33 to strike, 1d6*11 = 33 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 32 to strike, 6d6 = 17 MD
Action 2: Dual sword strikes. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 37 to strike, 1d6*11 = 66 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 24 to strike, 6d6 = 16 MD
Action 3: Dual sword strikes. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 20 to strike, 1d6*11 = 33 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 38 to strike, 6d6 = 16 MD
Action 4: Dual sword strikes. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 33 to strike, 1d6*11 = 55 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 19 to strike, 6d6 = 25 MD
Action 5: Dual sword strikes. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 35 to strike, 1d6*11 = 44 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 22 to strike, 6d6 = 17 MD
Action 6: Dual sword strikes. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 23 to strike, 1d6*11 = 33 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 33 to strike, 6d6 = 19 MD
Action 7: Dual sword strikes. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 38 to strike, 1d6*11 = 22 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 35 to strike, 6d6 = 21 MD
Action 8: Dual sword strikes. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 30 to strike, 1d6*11 = 55 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 30 to strike, 6d6 = 19 MD
Action 9: Dual sword strikes. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 38 to strike, 1d6*11 = 11 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 30 to strike, 6d6 = 22 MD

Auto-dodges vs. tech (+14): 9d20:
5, 15, 13, 7, 13, 12, 14, 13, 3
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 38/66; PPE- 47/57
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 5:25pm
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Warehouse District,
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.


"Misjudged the space back there didn't you, now dodge this." Weiss says taunting the man. "You aren't kidding, looks bigger on the outside!" he replies. Weiss grabs his arm to hold him there while pulling his blaster. The man says, "That's sweet of you." he says, then grabbing Weiss' other hand causing two shots to go wide inside the cramped cockpit, sending alarms off in the robot. Ashlynn drawing her sword in these quarters is alarming considering her current state. He smashes Weiss' arm off the pilot's seat, forcing him to drop the pistol. Ashlynn lands a solid hit drawing instant attention from the intruder. Clearly in trouble the man looks around hurriedly. The man mutters something, followed but a click and hiss as the hatch on Blue springs open. Then Weiss' grip is suddenly, forcibly knocked away as if by an invisible hand. He then flies out of the open hatch.

Grant's illusions seems to be having a reduced effect, their nature being known at this point. It is enough to confuse however. He creates yet another illusion. All the movement is confusing to everyone. All of the movement is distracting and shifting everyone's natural reflexes. Grant moves to capture rocketman who now is flying towards Blue Beauty that has gone silent. The magical net spans out, but the rocketman dodges it like a martin. Just then is hit by a bola fired by the dog boy. Naturally he doesn't fall due to his flight but his arms are pinned.

Beltin and Whyne sit tight within the APC. None the less Beltin's third eye can sense magic and the supernatural nearby and lots of it. Suddenly the APC seems to shudder violently but no sound is heard other than the creaking of the APC. Again and again the APC shudders, but again it's nearly silent.

Barracuda's attacks are frustrating and debilitating to his adversaries, the blue man in front of him not the least of which. The man attacks repeatedly. Eventually he knocks the King Tide out of Barry's hands, sending it to the floor where it's strikes it's tines penetrating the concrete. Irregardless Barracuda's attack is effective.

Ronith realizes the intended insult. Wrath flows through him. Watching the group, most do not seem that powerful. The tattooed woman and the tall, odd ley line walker are stalked by Ronith. As he catches them, he wades in with devastating attacks. Attacking both at once he lays down staggering damage. They both try parrying and dodging but it all seems pointless before his might and without their magic. They retreat to flight. There they are met by another ley line walker in the air. This new ley line walker seems to be signaling for withdraw as speech seems to be beyond his capability.

Butcher's Bill
Blue Beauty Reinforced Pilot's Compartment -18MD
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:31 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 67
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 72

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 57/78
  • P.P.E.: 443/610 (Hold excess for 3 min)
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (800/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Energy Sphere (500/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 6.50 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 462.50 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 102.50 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 56.50 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Invulnerability | 1 charge | 0.75 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Mystic Alarm | BOM 95 | 2 P.P.E. | 8 years | Affects one object, will activate if disturbed.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 102.50 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 126.50 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 6.50 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 78.50 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 24.50 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 54.50 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Illusion Manipulation | BOM 128 | 9000' 4800 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 239.50 min
  • Illusionary Terrain | BOM 141 | 1000' 48000 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 239.50 min | Can manipulate the illusion 12 times per round, +4 init to react without noticable delay.
  • Telepathy | 4 I.S.P. | 60' surface thoughts, 360 two way telepathic communciation | 15.75 min |


Grant feels the bolas wrap around him pinning his arms. A grim smile crosses his face, True, you have stopped me from swinging a weapon, but it's my will that is my real weapon. His mind reaches out to Barracuda, Ben, use your power to amplify my voice.

The mage casts Aura of Power, and he begins to glow in a white light. Then right behind it, the Lord Magus casts Thunderclap as he hears his team stalking the stalkers. The loud boom rolls across the space. In a deep confident voice he shouts:

Intimidate 84% vs 1d100 = 12
Trust 84% vs 1d100 = 22

"Enough! You are obviously trying to capture and not kill. We have been holding our punches to determine why you are after us. but trust me when I say, Sir Ronith's patience is wearing thin. We are honorable, surrender and live, or continue and today's sunset will be the last you see."

He reaches up with his hand to grab hold of the bolas and directs the energy from the Talisman on his hand to fire a power bolt at the cord to break it and fall from his body. Then flies back towards the APC away from the dog boy as he prepares to continue fighting if they fail to surrender.

APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 12, Jumps to 17 after Thunderclap

1. React to bolas
2. Telepathic message to Barracuda
3. Cast Aura of Power | 1d4+2 = 5 M.A. (M.A. now 25)
4. Cast Thunderclap
5. Demand Surrender
6. Demand Surrender
7. Active Power Bolt from Ring Talisman to sever Bolas 5d6+10 = 28 M.D.
8. Dodge 1d20+2 = 15


Spells Cast
  • Aura of Power | 4 P.P.E. | BOM 93 | 8 min | Appears 3 lvls higher, +1d4+2 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.
  • Thunderclap |4 P.P.E. | BOM 93 | Instant | 30' radius | HF 8, +5 Init, +1 Strike/Parry/Dodge
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:07 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 75

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 57 min | 144/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy. Regen: Original post: 1d6 = 4
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 465 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 57 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%


Grant Latham wrote:His mind reaches out to Barracuda, Ben, use your power to amplify my voice.
Barracuda looks from the blue man he's fighting to Grant, seeing his currently bound situation. He thinks back at Grant, On it. Breaking away from his current opponent, Barracuda bumps Grant's voice up by 70 decibels, making sure that he is heard by everyone present. He dives down to recover King Tide. Grabbing the dwarven forked weapon stuck in the concrete, Barracuda grabs it and flies back up to Grant's side.

If Grant hasn't escaped his bonds, Barracuda will slash at the cable wrapping his teammate up to open it up. If he can tell that it is electrically or magnetically powered, he will touch it with an EMP pulse, causing it to fall away.

If Grant has escaped his bonds, Barracuda will simply search for an opponent who isn't giving up and attack them.


APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16
Action 1: Swoop down to King Tide.
Action 2: Amplify Grant's voice.
Action 3: Grab King Tide.
Action 4: Fly up to Grant.
Action 5-6: Help Grant escape with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+6 = 26 (NAT20!) Damage: 6d6+16 = 30x2=60 MD

Contingencies
Contingency 1: If Grant has escaped, Barracuda will re-engage the blue skinned man or the ley line walker in the air.
Contingency Action 5: Slash with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+6 = 12 Damage: 6d6+16 = 34 MD
Contingency Action 6: Slash with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+6 = 23 Damage: 6d6+16 = 37 MD

Contingency 2: If there are any mages left with spell casting capabilities, Barracuda will silence them.
Contingency Action 5: Silence mage. Duration: 35 minutes
Contingency Action 6: Silence mage. Duration: 35 minutes

Contingency 3: If Grant's Bolo is electrically or magnetically powered, Barracuda will send an EMP pulse into it and then try to absorb its energy.
Contingency Action 5: EMP pulse. 1d100 = 45/97%
Contingency Action 6: Draining Touch.



Parries: 1d20+6 = 191d20+6 = 26(NAT20!)1d20+6 = 121d20+6 = 121d20+6 = 13
Parries (with King Tide): 1d20+9 = 101d20+9 = 271d20+9 = 111d20+9 = 101d20+9 = 18
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:43 am

Perception: 50% (enclosed spaces) 1d100 = 81 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 33

Conditions:
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Befuddled | -2 Strike, parry, dodge | APM reduced by 1/2 | Skills are at -20% | duration ??

As the stranger leaves the Blue Beauty, Ashlynn follows her reflexes and leaps out after him, flying in a clumsy, bumblebee-like manner toward the attacker, while she engages her Energy Shield on her off-hand. Head so fuzzly. Hard to think. What'd he do to me? Growing angry, she closes on him, swinging her laser sword.

"Nobody brains my attack!"

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 24
APM: 4

Action 1: Fly after mage, activate energy shield
Action 2: Strike 1d20+4 = 16; Damage 5d6 = 10 MD
Action 3: Strike 1d20+4 = 7; Damage 5d6 = 15 MD
Action 4: Strike 1d20+4 = 22; Damage 5d6 = 20 MD

Parries: 1) 1d20+10 = 25; 2) 1d20+10 = 25; 3) 1d20+10 = 15; 4) 1d20+10 = 30 (Nat. 20!)

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+1 = 12; 2) 1d20+1 = 20; 3) 1d20+1 = 4; 4) 1d20+1 = 6

Dodges: 1) 1d20+7 = 15; 2) 1d20+7 = 21; 3) 1d20+7 = 16; 4) 1d20+7 = 26
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/31
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 18/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:27 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 37/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 19| 1d100 = 3%
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 16
APM: 7
-----------------------------------

Current Status
  • N-F20A Medium Force Field [off] (75/75 MDC)
  • NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
ISP: 179/288
SDC: 69/69
HP: 41/41
Conditions (constant): Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 56.50 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 464 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 56.50 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • See the Invisible | RUE 176 | 8.50 min | See invisible
  • Enhanced Reflexes | R25 76 | 17.50 min | +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance
  • Psi-sword (rapier) | RUE 180 | 90.00 min | 21d6 MD
  • Invulnerability (-1 talisman charge) | 5 melees | +10 to save vs magic, psi, HF
  • Sense Electricity | RUE 178 | 2.00 min | 90 ft radius. | 95% success | 1d100 = 91


The area is teeming with supernatural and magical energies now... Our assailants are not of the mundane sort. We need to remain vigilant and careful not to be surprised. Beltin remains close the Whyne in a defensive posture when suddenly the APC shudders violently. "Hold fast." the investigator urges Whyne in a whisper, "we do not give away our position until we absolutely have to." Based on his sensitivity to electricity sources, Beltin deduces that the shuddering is not a symptom of the APC being whisked away (yet). Nonetheless, he feels very isolated in the enclosure while the rest of the team remains engaged in fighting enemies outside.

Reaching out with telepathy ((Telepathy: Superior. -8 ISP)), Beltin notifies his Heroes for Hire teammates, This is Beltin. APC remains intact, but has just shuddered violently a few times. Request external investigation to identify source.

Aside from the notification, Beltin stays the course with his plan to defend Whyne. He continues to maintain physical contact with her and adopts a defensive stance. If/When the APC is breached, he will enact his contingency actions.

Combat Actions
Actions 1: Telepathy: Superior (-8 ISP), Communicate with H4H teammates about APC shudder.
Actions 2-7: Reserved for Contingencies (see below)

Contingencies:
  • If anyone appears inside the APC, create a tight TK-forcefield around both him and Whyne, forcing them to knock it down before they can extract them.
  • Once TK-forcefield is created, radio an update to the team. "Enemy in the APC. Protecting McGrath."
  • Should an enemy inside the APC manage to collapse the TK-forcefield, engage in close-quarter combat with psi-sword.
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 27. Damage: 1d6*21 = 126 MD
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 23. Damage: 1d6*21 = 126 MD
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 21. Damage: 1d6*21 = 105 MD
    • Auto-parries with Psi-sword (+18 not included): 7d20:
      1, 1, 14, 14, 11, 17, 9
Beltin Delhomme - H4H's psychic Swiss-army knife | Explorer Points

Status
    -N-F20A Medium Force Field [off] (75/75 MDC)
    -NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
    ISP: 258/258
    SDC: 69/69
    HP: 36/36

Constant effects
Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)

Image
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 14 (+2 tB)
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 75
PER: 1d100 = 37 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
APM: 9

Intimidate- 1d100 = 17 vs. 60% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel)
Charm/Impress- 1d100 = 60 vs. 100%

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 57.50 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 464 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 56 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Ext. Presence Sense | Rifter 25 77 | 6.50m | Exact number/location of all sentient beings in a 75-ft radius
  • Shadow Meld | BoM 103 | 9.50m | +15% prowl, attackers -5 to strike
  • Enhance Reflexes | Rifter 25 75 | 21.50m | +1APM, +3I, +2S, +3P/D, +2 PP (--> 27), +15% to physical skills relying on coordination or balance
  • Telepathy: Superior | Rifter 25 83 | 21.50m


Perhaps we can turn the Sunaj's little joke against them. After Grant's thunderous pronouncement, Ronith points Frostfang at the fleeing mages. "Surrender now and you shall have mercy! Flee, and you shall face the wrath of Sir Ronith Turand and Heroes for Hire!" Ronith places an ever-so-slight emphasis on his surname- he wants to make sure they hear it. It's a long shot, but the mercs are unlikely to be dummies. If they notice the coincidence and realize that there might be more to this job than meets the eye, they might cut their losses and turn on their employer. Knowing that the Sunaj are acting on behalf of a Splugorth, Ronith reasons that the tattooed woman is likeliest to be in charge- thus, he will focus his telepathic attentions on her as he tries to read the group's reaction to his ultimatum.

Ronith's subsequent actions will depend on what happens next. In light of Beltin's telepathic sending, he will momentarily focus his psionic attentions on the APC. Should anything appear the slightest bit amiss, Ronith will abandon the minions and leap to the vehicle. He will do the same if any of the mercenaries surrender, trusting that Grant and the others can collect them.

On the other hand, if his various perceptions and intuitions detect no immediate threat to the APC and the mercs continue to retreat, Ronith will pursue up to a point. He won't get more than 100 feet from the APC, but until then he will pursue and attack aggressively- still aggrieved over the besmirching of his family name. Should either his telepathic scans or the mercs' facial expressions reveal that they are on the verge of surrendering, Ronith will attempt to help them along with an empathic transmission- otherwise he will conserve his inner strength.

Action 1- Dialogue
Action 2- Checking in on APC/T-woman with psionics
Action 3- Leap to the APC (if anything seems 'off'), otherwise pursue the mercs.
Action 4- Paired sword strike as needed. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 27 to strike, 1d6*11 = 22 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 30 to strike, 6d6 = 22 MD.
Action 5- Paired sword strike as needed. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 33 to strike, 1d6*11 = 22 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 27 to strike, 6d6 = 22 MD.
Action 6- Paired sword strike as needed. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 32 to strike, 1d6*11 = 55 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 35 to strike, 6d6 = 18 MD.
Action 7- Paired sword strike as needed. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 23 to strike, 1d6*11 = 66 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 21 to strike, 6d6 = 25 MD.
Action 8- Paired sword strike as needed. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 25 to strike, 1d6*11 = 11 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 37 to strike, 6d6 = 20 MD.
Action 9- Paired sword strike as needed. Frostfang: 1d20+18 = 25 to strike, 1d6*11 = 55 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+18 = 32 to strike, 6d6 = 23 MD.

Auto-dodges vs. tech (+14): 9d20:
17, 14, 5, 6, 2, 3, 11, 8, 1


Contingency: If Ronith thinks it might push the mercs over the edge and into surrender, he will use empathic transmission: despair ((-6 ISP, not deducted)) on the T-woman (if she has proved susceptible to his telepathic probing thus far) or the likeliest-looking second in command.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 38/66; PPE- 47/57
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:51 am

Perception 41% 1d100 = 99
JIC 1d100 = 96 1d20 = 7
Actions 9
Initiative 1d20+3 = 16

Conditions:
•Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
•Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
•Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
•Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

“Ash, close the hatch. If you are for going after him, do so. Otherwise try to recover from the spell or get Grant to do something to remove it.”
He scans around for the mage, wanting to get him somehow. Entering the Beauty like that was an intrusion and he really didn't like that.

It’s weird, Weiss muses, but despite the fighting so far, these guys are not trying to kill us. Could have done a lot worse to Ash and I when they came inside and nonlethal magic, trapping Grant in a net


Beltin Delhomme wrote:This is Beltin. APC remains intact, but has just shuddered violently a few times. Request external investigation to identify source.


Scanning now Beltin he contacts the psychic, doing a visual and electronic inspection of the APC.

Ronith wrote:"Surrender now and you shall have mercy! Flee, and you shall face the wrath of Sir Ronith Turand and Heroes for Hire!"


Weiss primes his heavy missiles, making sure they are aimed at the mercenaries, backing up Sir Ronith.


OOC Comments
Action 1 close hatch if Ashlynn doesn't do it
Action 2 grab pistol
Action 3 Sensory Equipment 69% 1d100 = 88
Action 4 - prime missiles and make Blue Beauty look intimidating

Contingent actions
If they try to run and Ronith wants them to continue attacking, if Weiss can catch a few of them together, he will try and catch them with a tear gas mini-missile. otherwise he will pepper them with the rail gun
1d20+6 = 12 Tear gas mini missile

Rail Gun
1d20+3 = 4 1d6*10 = 10
1d20+3 = 23 1d6*10 = 50 critical 100MD
1d20+3 = 4 1d6*10 = 50
1d20+3 = 5 1d6*10 = 10
1d20+3 = 6 1d6*10 = 50

If one of the mages tries to come back in, John will activate the distort sound feature on his armour (ooc forgot I had that)
1d20+3 = 15 5d6 = 11
1d20+3 = 7 5d6 = 16
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:09 pm

As the chaos continues, Ronith offers a halt to hostilities. What looks to be their leader seems to be surprised in some fashion, halting mid air. He looks down at Sir Ronith. He holds up a hand to his compatriots. Ronith feels a mind reaching out for his own. IF he allows it through, receives the thought,

Ronith Turand? As in Turand Industries? What's all this about? Are you canceling our contract?

The other mercs cautiously hold, only engaging if others press the attack.

While things slow down for a moment inside, outside in the APC Beltin finally sees the door silently shatter in flaming bit. Smoke lingers around the door. Nothing else occurs immediately however. Obviously Beltin can tell that magic has been in use here.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:43 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 71
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 73

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 57/78
  • P.P.E.: 443/610 (Hold excess for 3 min)
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (800/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Energy Sphere (500/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 6.50 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 462.50 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 102.50 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 56.50 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Invulnerability | 1 charge | 0.75 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Mystic Alarm | BOM 95 | 2 P.P.E. | 8 years | Affects one object, will activate if disturbed.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 102.50 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 126.50 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 6.50 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 78.50 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 24.50 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 54.50 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Illusion Manipulation | BOM 128 | 9000' 4800 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 239.50 min
  • Illusionary Terrain | BOM 141 | 1000' 48000 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 239.50 min | Can manipulate the illusion 12 times per round, +4 init to react without noticable delay.
  • Telepathy | 4 I.S.P. | 60' surface thoughts, 360 two way telepathic communciation | 15.75 min |


Seeing their foes pause their attack, Grant lets out a small breath. He flinches despite the magical protections as he sees Barracuda rush forward and with a quick swipe of his glowing trident part the bolas holding his arms to his sides. He quickly shakes his arms and shoulders causing it to fall to the ground in pieces. "Thanks, Barracuda." Grant says.

The break in combat gives the mage a moment to reflect. Why is it always combat? There is so much more to magic than just destruction, yet it comes back to that almost every time. These foes have shown me that I need to find some sort of mobile magical barrier that will prevent this type of incapacitation or magic than can release me. I remember reading about a spell, Escape, I think it's called that would have been perfect in this situation. So much to learn still.

He refocuses on the present, quietly he says to Ben, "We need to take defensive positions; hopefully Sir Ronith can defuse this situation. I am going over towards the APC away from the damaged ceiling."

Louder, he shouts, "If we are going to speak like civilized folk, how about we move outside so none of us are hurt by the damage already caused by the building."

He flies towards the APC surreptitiously looking at the far side to see who is there. He mentally prepares his next actions, If they decide to strike instead of parlay, we will need to take them out quickly. Grant begins calling up the words of power in his mind, rehearsing the syllables in his mind.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Perception 41% 1d100 = 53
JIC 1d100 = 37 1d20 = 16
Actions 9
Initiative 1d20+1 = 19

Conditions:
•Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
•Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
•Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
•Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

"Beltin, I'm not picking anything up on the sensors," Weiss radios as the fighting dies down, their attackers seemingly on hold. They didn't look like they were ready to surrender, but like something else was going on "can you confirm the situation with the APC?"

Weiss slowly edges the Blue Beauty towards the APC, not wanting to let their assailants out of sight, but wanting to check on Beltin as well.

If Beltin calls for help

"Moving to engage!" Weiss acknowledges as he rushes out of the warehouse. If he sees anybody attacking the APC, he will open fire on them, otherwise he will be scanning the area.

OOC Comments
Action 1 - leave the warehouse at speed - Blue Beauty should be fast enough for this
Action 2 - Sensory Equipment 69% 1d100 = 89

1d20+3 = 19 1d6*10 = 10
1d20+3 = 9 1d6*10 = 30
1d20+3 = 16 1d6*10 = 60
1d20+3 = 17 1d6*10 = 50
1d20+3 = 15 1d6*10 = 20
1d20+3 = 4 1d6*10 = 20
1d20+3 = 5 1d6*10 = 50
1d20+3 = 20 1d6*10 = 20
As applicable for shooting and defensive shots against missiles
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 38

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 57 min | 144/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy. Regen: Original post: 1d6 = 4
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 465 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 57 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

Grant Latham wrote:"Thanks, Barracuda."

"Any time! No one messes with my favorite magic guy. Let's get these creeps!"
Finishing his slash through Grant's bonds, Barracuda spins around to press the attack when he notices things cooling off. "Ohhhkayyy, what is going..."
Grant Latham wrote:"We need to take defensive positions; hopefully Sir Ronith can defuse this situation. I am going over towards the APC away from the damaged ceiling."

Barracuda replies "Ah, I see. Got your back then!"
When Grant flies out, hopefully with the rest of the merc force in tow, Barracuda takes up the rear, trident in hand and ready to strike if needed.
He gives the building a quick look on the way out to see what kind of structural damage has been left behind.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 am

Grant makes it to the overhead door next to the other overhead door which has the APC blocking it on the outside. He opens door. As it slowly opens ((it'll take 3 actions to fully open so that Blue can fit through)) he sees the door on the APC gone and the hull smoking and a heavy smoke is in the area. Something has been hammering on the APC for a bit. No doubt magic is in use here but he sees nothing, even with his ability to see the invisible.

Barracuda zips under the partially open overhead and surveys the situation and sees much the same scene as Grant. He also notices that even the security guards from earlier are nowhere to be seen, though the heavy smoke is making it hard to see.

Once the doors finally open wide enough, it lets in the drifting smoke from outside but also allows Weiss to pilot Blue outside. He sensors aren't reading anything "unusual" but on his thermal and infrared are having a hard time with the smoke in thicker areas.

Updated the map

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1pITcAN55IBMe4mHBv2DXSv8kUSwYZCNL&ll=39.385435828722464%2C-83.01815471932298&z=19
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:13 am

Perception: 50% (enclosed spaces) 1d100 = 43 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 10

Conditions:
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Befuddled | -2 Strike, parry, dodge | APM reduced by 1/2 | Skills are at -20% | duration ??

Ronith wrote:"Enough! You are obviously trying to capture and not kill. We have been holding our punches to determine why you are after us. but trust me when I say, Sir Ronith's patience is wearing thin. We are honorable, surrender and live, or continue and today's sunset will be the last you see."


In her confused state, Ashlynn hesitates, looking towards the source of Ronith's booming voice for direction. As she sees the combatants pause in their fighting, she points her laser sword at her opponent, saying "You just got lucky." Then she flicks off her laser sword, but retains her energy shield.

She stares daggers at her enemy, the mage who she chased out of the Blue Beauty, waiting for the chance to introduce his steaming entrails to the ground... if Ronith's talks fall apart. As she notices the battered condition of the APC, she flies over to interpose herself between it and the enemies, relying on her radar and heightened hearing to penetrate the fog of battle and her own confusion to help locate individuals who may still be invisible.

Interpret Shapes 60% 1d100 = 71 (FAIL)
Estimate Distance 64% 1d100 = 38 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Direction 64% 1d100 = 49 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Speed 44% 1d100 = 22 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Exact Location 54% 1d100 = 34 (SUCCESS)

Estimate distance of sound 40% 1d100 = 93 (FAIL)
Estimate speed and direction of approach 30% 1d100 = 77 (FAIL)

If combat resumes, for the first round Ashlynn will focus on defense, parrying any attacks against herself or the APC

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 23
APM: 4

Parries: 1) 1d20+10 = 29; 2) 1d20+10 = 13; 3) 1d20+10 = 24; 4) 1d20+10 = 30 (Nat. 20!)

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+1 = 14; 2) 1d20+1 = 9; 3) 1d20+1 = 10; 4) 1d20+1 = 5

Dodges: 1) 1d20+7 = 23; 2) 1d20+7 = 11; 3) 1d20+7 = 21; 4) 1d20+7 = 25
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/31
S.D.C.: 68/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 18/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:44 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 26
PER: 1d100 = 91 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Trust/Intimidate- 1d100 = 59 vs. 60% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel, +10% vs. good-aligned beings)
Charm/Impress- 1d100 = 63 vs. 100%
To try and get the mercs to surrender

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 57.25 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 463.75 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 55.75 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Ext. Presence Sense | Rifter 25 77 | 6.25m | Exact number/location of all sentient beings in a 75-ft radius
  • Shadow Meld | BoM 103 | 9.25m | +15% prowl, attackers -5 to strike
  • Enhance Reflexes | Rifter 25 75 | 21.25m | +1APM, +3I, +2S, +3P/D, +2 PP (--> 27), +15% to physical skills relying on coordination or balance
  • Telepathy: Superior | Rifter 25 83 | 21.25m


Ronith is confident that he can weather any psionic assault, so he allows the telepathic message in- but only communication. He makes sure his surface thoughts remain blank as he responds in kind.

Virtus wrote:Ronith Turand? As in Turand Industries? What's all this about? Are you canceling our contract?
The name is mine, and my father's. No-one else bears it. You are being lied to. Consider the situation: You and your men are out-matched, and while we were busy with you our APC outside was attacked. You were a diversion, and an expendable one at that- otherwise, why not coordinate the assault? Or at least be up-front about it in the contract? I have no desire to kill you and your men needlessly, but more lives are at stake than yours and I shall not hesitate to do what is necessary. I suggest you have some words with your employer about the true nature of this contract. And get payment up front next time.

Should the mercenary commander not immediately leave the field, Ronith will add, Who do you suppose is more likely to try manipulating you? A cyber-knight perfectly capable of besting you in combat, or an assassin who hides behind another's name? Is that truly a gamble worth taking with your lives?

Ronith notices the rest of the team breaking off to investigate the APC, so for the time being he will hold his ground with the mercenaries. If they opt to resume the attack Ronith will meet them with deadly force. If they don't, however, Ronith will let them leave. Before they do, the cyber-knight will attempt to retrieve an item belonging to one of them- ideally a spent e-clip or some similar detritus simply left on the floor, but if necessary he will use telekinesis to retrieve a trifle from one of their persons. He won't take anything that looks valuable (either materially or sentimentally), merely something that Beltin will be able to use to psionically track them after they leave.

Once he has what he needs, and it's clear that the mercs are leaving, Ronith will fly back towards the APC and into the smoke field- disappearing into it courtesy of his shadow meld effect. There he will rely on his presence sense to sound out any threats- he expects that Beltin and Whyne are still there (along with other teammates moving in), and will attempt to confirm their identities telepathically. Anyone whose surface thoughts clearly belong to someone else will be attacked without mercy.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 38/66; PPE- 47/57
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 am

"It appears that is the situation at hand. Strangely the did pay up front. Whoever McGrath is, they must be a valuable man and they must truly despise you." their leader says before silently motioning for the hole in the wall that Weiss had made earlier, flying out much they way they came in.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:03 am

(rolls carried)

Virtus wrote:Grant makes it to the overhead door next to the other overhead door which has the APC blocking it on the outside. He opens door. As it slowly opens ((it'll take 3 actions to fully open so that Blue can fit through)) he sees the door on the APC gone and the hull smoking and a heavy smoke is in the area. Something has been hammering on the APC for a bit. No doubt magic is in use here but he sees nothing, even with his ability to see the invisible.


Grant waves his hand at Blue Beauty gesturing to Weiss to head out, and then shakes his head in frustration at the damage at the APC. He looks at the APC and then using his ability to see the Infrared (3000'), Distance (6 miles), Nightvision (3600'), and Evil (600') to look at the buildings and their shadows to see if anything was observing from a distance.

Telepathically he says to Beltin, I see no one out here, could whomever was out here made it past you and is inside the APC with you invisible?. His eyes flicker to Ashlynn as she flies around erratically. Did they get her with something?. He takes a moment to view the magic around her.

Lore: Psionics & Psychics 89% vs 1d100 = 15
Lore: Magic (Enchantment) 87% vs 1d100 = 76

Hmm, my magic and perhaps something else, he thinks. "Ashlynn, are you alright?", assuming he recognizes the effects of Befuddle, "I can try and remove the spell on you, but it will most likely negate the other magic I cast on you. The effects will probably last 8 to 10 minutes at most. Do you want to wait it out?"
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:14 am

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 6, Original post: 1d100 = 26
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 91 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Trust/Intimidate- Original post: 1d100 = 59 vs. 60% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel, +10% vs. good-aligned beings)
Charm/Impress- Original post: 1d100 = 63 vs. 100%
To try and get the mercs to surrender

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 57.25 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 463.75 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 55.75 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Ext. Presence Sense | Rifter 25 77 | 6.25m | Exact number/location of all sentient beings in a 75-ft radius
  • Shadow Meld | BoM 103 | 9.25m | +15% prowl, attackers -5 to strike
  • Enhance Reflexes | Rifter 25 75 | 21.25m | +1APM, +3I, +2S, +3P/D, +2 PP (--> 27), +15% to physical skills relying on coordination or balance
  • Telepathy: Superior | Rifter 25 83 | 21.25m


Virtus wrote:"It appears that is the situation at hand. Strangely the did pay up front. Whoever McGrath is, they must be a valuable man and they must truly despise you."
The feeling is rapidly becoming mutual. A wise man would consider staying out of the matter. Ronith lets the others go- spotting the bola on the floor he picks it up and pockets it, before heading to the APC ((as posted above)). There, his priority will be to find Whyne and Beltin.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 38/66; PPE- 47/57
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Previous

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest