Beyond Broken Door

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 46
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 94

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

• Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 57/78
  • P.P.E.: 437/610 (Hold excess for 3 min)
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (800/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Energy Sphere (500/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 4.50 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 460.50 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 100.50 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 54.50 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Mystic Alarm | BOM 95 | 2 P.P.E. | 8 years | Affects one object, will activate if disturbed.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 99.50 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 123.50 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 5.50 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 75.50 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 21.50 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 51.50 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Illusion Manipulation | BOM 128 | 9000' 4800 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 236.50 min
  • Illusionary Terrain | BOM 141 | 1000' 48000 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 236.50 min | Can manipulate the illusion 12 times per round, +4 init to react without noticeable delay.
  • Telepathy | 4 I.S.P. | 60' surface thoughts, 360 two way telepathic communication | 12.75 min |

Ronith wrote:As Ronith's senses detect a nearby presence, he reaches out telepathically to the rest of the team ((if telepathic messaging needs to be one-at-a-time, then he will start with Beltin and Grant)). Someone is nearby. I shall see what they want, the rest of you form up around the APC and prepare for the worst.

Grant is not entirely surprised that this particular encounter is not over, but is dismayed that his many sensory spells failed to detect anything. He remembers the warning he received from Nebula while he was in the q845 dimension that as his power grew he would become more and more detached from the 'Now', and have a tendency to focus inward. He visibly shakes it off as if he were casting off a cloak or blanket. To Sir Ronith, he replies mentally, I will be overhead, but probably out of range telepathically to all but Beltin's considerable mental abilities. Out loud he says to those around him, "I will be high above you in a moment and invisible, but not to worry, I will still be able to engage the enemy."

Rather than draw on his talismans, he begins weaving magic directly. First, Fleet Feet, then Invulnerability, then he draws on the knowledge he recently gained from saving the Earth and Phase World in the Three Galaxies, a powerful piece of space magic, Nova Blast.

With the magic cast, he goes invisible though he knows the two glowing balls of energy over his shoulders will give away his general location if anyone looks up. He flies upward into the sky, (he should be able to get to 1000' with his remaining actions in the initial 30 seconds) The energy spheres will make my location obvious once I start throwing energy, but I should be out of range of any ability to see the invisible and my ability to see in the infrared, farsight, and nightvision should allow me to spot the enemy if they are similarly cloaked, Grant thinks to himself. This will be interesting, I've never been particularly good at throwing, but my enhanced agility should more than compensate. With a bit of a grin on his face at trying new magic, Grant muses about the Nova Blast spell, The notes about the spell stated the effects are quite spectacular.

Spells Cast
  • Fleet Feet | 20 P.P.E. | PF2 186 | 4 min | Double P.P., Spd, and APM. -2 Init, susceptible to surprise attacks. -20% using skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Invulnerability | 25 P.P.E. | BOM 116 | 2 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Nova Blast | 30 P.P.E. | DB13 121 | 2600' | 2 min | Dodge (people -2, fighters/shuttles -3, larger ships -4) | Use bonuses to Throw. 1d4x100 M.D. in space, 1d4x10 M.D. in atmosphere.
  • Invisibility: Simple | 0 P.P.E. | BOM 97 | Indefinite | There should be some penalty to strike/parry/dodge, but it's not listed in the spell. With the Energy Spheres on Grant's shoulders there should probably be some reduction in the penalties.

Total P.P.E.: 75
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Alays » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 71
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

Ronith wrote:"Someone is nearby. I shall see what they want, the rest of you form up around the APC and prepare for the worst.

?! Wait ?! Who said that? That definitely wasn't Ivor or Lillian. Then who was….oh, right the new guys. Gotta remember that.

Alays darts over to his bike and secures his helmet. He then picks his rifle back up and begins to scan around for the incoming threat. He takes a position to better lose himself with the rest of the group.

Initiative: (+3) 1d20+3 = 12
Action per Melee round: 7

Action 1: Wait for anyone else to shoot first if he wins initiative. Otherwise Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20+3 = 20 / damage: 3d6+5 = 14

Action 2: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20+3 = 4 / damage: 3d6+5 = 12

Action 3: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20+3 = 11 / damage: 3d6+5 = 16

Action 4: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20+3 = 8 / damage: 3d6+5 = 20

Action 5: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20+3 = 18 / damage: 3d6+5 = 14

Action 6: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20+3 = 4 / damage: 3d6+5 = 13

Action 7: Attack with NG-LG6 strike: 1d20+3 = 11 / damage: 3d6+5 = 11

Rolls for parry: 7d7:
1, 5, 5, 3, 5, 6, 6
rolls do not include bonus of +2

Rolls for Auto-dodge: 7d20:
17, 19, 13, 5, 1, 6, 14
Alays

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:29 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 26/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 12| 1d100 = 88%
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 13
APM: 7

Current Status
  • N-F20A Medium Force Field [on] (75/75 MDC)
  • NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
ISP: 181/298
SDC: 69/69
HP: 41/41
Conditions (constant): Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 53.50 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 460 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 52.00 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • See the Invisible | RUE 176 | 5.50 min | See invisible
  • Enhanced Reflexes | R25 76 | 14.75 min | +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance
  • Psi-sword (rapier) | RUE 180 | 87.25 min | 21d6 MD
  • Telepathy: Superior | R25 84 | 15.50 min | 550' probe, 1100' 2-way comm | 67% deeper extraction

Trouble. Beltin thinks to himself as his sixth sense tingles, he glances over at Sir Ronith and confirms his suspicions as their elven cyberknight leader moves to action.

Ronith wrote:As Ronith's senses detect a nearby presence, he reaches out telepathically to the rest of the team ((if telepathic messaging needs to be one-at-a-time, then he will start with Beltin and Grant)). Someone is nearby. I shall see what they want, the rest of you form up around the APC and prepare for the worst.

I feel it too. I will get McGrath inside. Beltin mentally responds. "Come, we are heading back into the APC, McGrath. Something is amiss," the young investigator says to Whynne/McGrath and gestures for her to head back up the ramp. Acting under the pretense that they are being monitored at all times, Beltin plays the role of a nervous bodyguard. He maintains proximity to McGrath and glances about anxiously as he guides him back into the APC cargo hold.

Weiss wrote:"Grant, Beltin, could one of you take a look at Ash please? I think the wizard who invaded the Beauty may have done something to her. I think she's acting far more Ashlike than normal."

Hearing Weiss over their comms, Beltin is hit with a twinge of worry that the team's reliance on telepathy may have not done the best job of communicating their intentions and the plan to the robot pilot. The young investigator is therefore quick to depress his throat-mic, address Weiss' concern and echo Sir Ronith's standing order, "Certainly. At this exact moment, we might benefit from a little extra Ash. Danger incoming. Sir Ronith is investigating but wants us to form up on the APC. If these are the Sunaj, their target is likely still McGrath. This'll be your chance to show us what Blue Beauty can do with a little extra room to maneuver. It would also be helpful if you call out enemy targets as they show up on your sensors."
Beltin Delhomme - H4H's psychic Swiss-army knife | Explorer Points

Status
    -N-F20A Medium Force Field [off] (75/75 MDC)
    -NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
    ISP: 258/258
    HP: 36/36

Constant effects
Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)

Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:22 am

Initiative: 1d20+13 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 60
PER: 1d100 = 26 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
APM: 9

Prowl: 1d100 = 68 vs. 101%+20% cloak bonus (+ anything from shadow meld/silent flight?)
Sneak attack!
Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 53.25 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 459.75 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 51.75 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Ext. Presence Sense | Rifter 25 77 | 2.25m | Exact number/location of all sentient beings in a 75-ft radius
  • Shadow Meld | BoM 103 | 5.25m | +15% prowl, attackers -5 to strike
  • Enhance Reflexes | Rifter 25 75 | 17.25m | +1APM, +3I, +2S, +3P/D, +2 PP (--> 27), +15% to physical skills relying on coordination or balance
  • Telepathy: Superior | Rifter 25 83 | 17.25m

Ronith freezes in the shadows as soon as he recognizes the Sunaj. At last. The cyber-knight's initial instinct, as always, is to take advantage of his stealth and attack his foes. But Ronith restrains himself- he realizes that he's never ruled out the Sunaj having psychic abilities of their own, and in fact it would explain some of their apparent ability to stay one step ahead of the team, and match Ronith. If they do possess such capabilities, a rash attack now would not take them by surprise, and do little but isolate Ronith from the rest of the team while the others do a mad scramble to enter the fray.

Instead, he performs another telepathic sending to as much of the team as he can reach quickly (starting with Beltin and Grant, in case they need to relay Ronith's message to the others). The Sunaj are here- three of them, and a woman I do not recognize. Let us end this. Wait for my signal- it shall be obvious.

Ronith knows he needs to prepare carefully- he will observe the Sunaj as they creep along towards the group. His first objective will be to determine their route of attack, and relay it to the others as soon as possible (i.e., through the building or around it). He will also attempt to identify the leader- either by recognizing the head Sunaj he fought before, a general assessment of their weaponry and skill, or by seeing who defers to whom. That will be Ronith's primary target.

After observing them for several seconds, and once he judges that the others will have clear lines of fire, Ronith will make his move. The first order of business will be to telekinetically (-3 ISP) pull the hammer out of the woman's belt, and hurl it at the leader. The goal is less to do damage (though he wants to do some), and more to cause a distraction and disarm the woman- Ronith will attempt to angle the throw such that, after the hammer bounces off of the leader, it is deflected away from the group.

If all goes according to plan, the leader will either glance back or (if he has some means of anticipating an attack), avoid it before it hits. Either way, in that crucial moment of distraction, Ronith will act. Kicking Grant's flight spell up to maximum speed, Ronith's swords will flash out and he will make for the leader with swords leading. He will attempt to strike the leader with his swords, not only doing damage but using his momentum to carry both himself and the leader out of the rest of the team's line of fire. At the same time, he will use telekinesis to clip one of the blinder grenades from his belt and drop it in the midst of the others as he passes through them.

From there, Ronith will focus all of his considerable attention and sword-fighting acumen on the leader. Leaving aside the damage these Sunaj have inflicted to him personally, and to Heroes for Hire's headquarters, Ronith is sick and tired of them being underfoot when there are clearly weightier concerns. He has every intention of ensuring that none of the Sunaj leave the warehouse alive. If the leader falls, Ronith will visit his wrath on the next closest target, although if he becomes aware of the second group moving on them the cyber-knight will interpose himself there.

Free action (during the very end of the prep-melee?)- TK toss of hammer. 1d20+4 = 5 to strike, damage = ???.

Action 1: Flying strike at leader. Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 21 to strike, 1d6*11 = 66 (+2 from flight) MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 29 to strike, 6d6+2 = 24 MD.
Action 2: Drop blinder grenade. Strike roll (if necessary?): 1d20+4 = 20 (see New West P. 209 for details)
Action 3: Paired sword strikes at leader. Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 38 to strike, 1d6*11 = 66 (+2 from flight)x2=136 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 21 to strike, 6d6+2 = 26 MD.
Action 4: Paired sword strikes at leader. Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 29 to strike, 1d6*11 = 44 (+2 from flight) MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 20 to strike, 6d6+2 = 17 MD (NAT1!).
Action 5: Paired sword strikes at leader. Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 38 to strike, 1d6*11 = 66 (+2 from flight)x2=136 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 26 to strike, 6d6+2 = 18 MD.
Action 6: Paired sword strikes at leader. Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 36 to strike, 1d6*11 = 11 (+2 from flight) MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 36 to strike, 6d6+2 = 23 MD.
Action 7: Paired sword strikes at leader. Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 39 to strike, 1d6*11 = 33 (+2 from flight) MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 26 to strike, 6d6+2 = 22 MD.
Action 8: Paired sword strikes at leader. Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 23 to strike, 1d6*11 = 66 (+2 from flight) MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 23 to strike, 6d6+2 = 18 MD.
Action 9: Paired sword strikes at leader. Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 37 to strike, 1d6*11 = 33 (+2 from flight)x2=70 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 36 to strike, 6d6+2 = 22 MD.

Auto-dodges (+12): 9d20:
19, 2, 11, 14, 14, 1, 16, 7, 15
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:40 am

(rolls carried)

Beltin Delhomme wrote:
Weiss wrote:"Grant, Beltin, could one of you take a look at Ash please? I think the wizard who invaded the Beauty may have done something to her. I think she's acting far more Ashlike than normal."

Hearing Weiss over their comms, Beltin is hit with a twinge of worry that the team's reliance on telepathy may have not done the best job of communicating their intentions and the plan to the robot pilot. The young investigator is therefore quick to depress his throat-mic, address Weiss' concern and echo Sir Ronith's standing order, "Certainly. At this exact moment, we might benefit from a little extra Ash. Danger incoming. Sir Ronith is investigating but wants us to form up on the APC. If these are the Sunaj, their target is likely still McGrath. This'll be your chance to show us what Blue Beauty can do with a little extra room to maneuver. It would also be helpful if you call out enemy targets as they show up on your sensors."

From his overwatch position, Grant catches sight of Sir Ronith and those he's tracking. His altitude prevents him from getting Sir Ronith's telepathic confirmation of the Sunaj, but his enhanced vision quickly picks them out. He realizes as well that they are invisible as he had to stop his ascent when they faded from view. He hears Weiss and Beltin's discussion and clicks the radio on his harness, "Confirmed, the armor resembles what we've seen previously, it's the Sunaj. There are four of them. I haven't seen the other group yet." One of them appears to be a woman, and is marked shorter than the others, interesting. She's dressed differently, always a bad sign.

The mage watches Sir Ronith's actions waiting to see what he does, then an eye blink later sees Sir Ronith is on the move.

"Sir Ronith has engaged our foes, I will provide fire support," Grant says. He pauses a moment to see whom Sir Ronith has engaged with his blades and then targets the other three. He winds up his arm and small ball of plasma forms, he releases it in a sharp downward throw, his arm quickly spinning up to release a cascade of others. The small baseball size plasma spheres once released accelerate rapidly, crackling as it grows to the size of a basketball. (If the 'leader' is the woman, Grant targets the other three, otherwise, he focuses on her first, then to which everyone is not directly engaged with Sir Ronith.) After every few throws, he checks to see if anyone is closing on him, or firing upon him from the ground and will attack them instead.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 6
APM: 16
P.P.: 28 (+7 Strike/Parry/Dodge)

1. Evaluate which to target first
  2. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 26, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
  3. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 9, Damage: 1d4*10 = 20
  4. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 22, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
  5. Pause to make sure he's not being snuck up upon, or attacked from a different direction. Dodge: 1d20+11 = 31
  6. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 24, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
  7. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 25, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
  8. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 12, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
  9. Pause to make sure he's not being snuck up upon, or attacked from a different direction. Dodge: 1d20+11 = 21
  10. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 26, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
  11. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 12, Damage: 1d4*10 = 20
  12. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 23, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
  13. Pause to make sure he's not being snuck up upon. Dodge: 1d20+11 = 21
  14. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 15, Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
  15. Throw Nova Blast - Strike: 1d20+7 = 15, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
  16. Pause to make sure he's not being snuck up upon or attacked from a different direction. Dodge: 1d20+11 = 23

Contingency Dodges/Magic/Psionics (+11/+16/+10) 6d20:
18, 6, 18, 10, 2, 5
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Barracuda » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 24

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 56.5 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 462.5 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 53.5 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

Ronith wrote:Someone is nearby. I shall see what they want, the rest of you form up around the APC and prepare for the worst.

Barracuda perks up at the telepathic communication and nods his head slightly in response. He heads to the APC and grips his trident tightly, charging it with energy. Waiting for the call to action, Barracuda tenses up as he does before most fights. Jeez, we just finished fighting. You'd think they'd give us at least a second to catch our breath. When the enemy shows themselves, he will launch into action using the gifts Grant bestowed upon him and his own natural abilities.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9
APM: 6

Action 1: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+5 = 13 Damage: 6d6+16 = 36
Action 2: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+5 = 16 Damage: 6d6+16 = 37
Action 3: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+5 = 15 Damage: 6d6+16 = 35
Action 4: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+5 = 14 Damage: 6d6+16 = 30
Action 5: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+5 = 13 Damage: 6d6+16 = 34
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge.

Parries: 1d20+9 = 181d20+9 = 281d20+9 = 121d20+9 = 171d20+9 = 271d20+9 = 25
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 24
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20

Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:00 am

Rolls carried
Initiative 1d20+3 = 14 +2 if vs bots or PA
APM 9

Conditions:
Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 72 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
Frequency Absorption behind him in the Blue Beauty - nobody coming inside can speak. Only area exempt is around the

Virtus wrote:Weiss can tell that the reports of fire are coming from downtown. Several buildings are on fire. Apparently there were explosions reported.

"Fire is Downtown. Explosions reported and multiple buildings on fire. Definitely their M.O. I'd say likelihood of backup unlikely to be quick. Weiss reports to the others.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:Certainly. At this exact moment, we might benefit from a little extra Ash. Danger incoming. Sir Ronith is investigating but wants us to form up on the APC. If these are the Sunaj, their target is likely still McGrath. This'll be your chance to show us what Blue Beauty can do with a little extra room to maneuver. It would also be helpful if you call out enemy targets as they show up on your sensors."

"Already on it Weiss responds, manoeuvring the Blue Beauty into position at the rear of the APC. If anybody tries to enter the APC, they will have to go past Weiss and his robot. "If you spot anybody invisible, let me and I have a surprise for them.

Hopefully those mages we just fought won't decide to get involved again, but just in case... He activates his armour, placing a zone of silence inside the Beauty's pilot compartment, exempting him and his radio.
As Ronith attacks, Weiss actively begins tracking targets using his sensors and relaying position to the others.

OOC Comments
Read sensory equipment 69% 1d100 = 11

Rail Gun - aimed shots - 2 attacks apiece
1d20+6 = 23 1d6*10 = 10
1d20+6 = 11 1d6*10 = 40
1d20+6 = 19 1d6*10 = 50
1d20+6 = 12 1d6*10 = 40

if any invisible people try to sneak past the Beauty and somebody points out their location to Weiss, he fires his flame retardant short range missile in the area 20' blast radius coating everything in a flame retardant and making them visible
1d20+6 = 11 No damage

Shooting down missiles - 1 attack apiece
1d20+3 = 17 1d6*10 = 10
1d20+3 = 6 1d6*10 = 30
1d20+3 = 23 1d6*10 = 50
1d20+3 = 20 1d6*10 = 60
1d20+3 = 18 1d6*10 = 50
1d20+3 = 16 1d6*10 = 60
1d20+3 = 18 1d6*10 = 20
1d20+3 = 20 1d6*10 = 30
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:15 am

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 5:29pm
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Warehouse District,
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.

Ronith stalks his prey with practiced skill. One of the mercs in EBA flies to the roof of the warehouse, unknowledgeable of the eye in the sky or Ronith's quiet observance. Sensing the time was now before they spread out, Ronith uses his telekinesis to toss the hammer at the Sunaj. To Ronith's shock the hammer is incredibly heavy (-18 ISP !), creating a sense of danger to him (a sense that something is dangerously wrong with her, not sixth sense). He is still able to throw it backwards towards what he judges to be the leader of this group. Sensing the incoming attack even as it happens the lieutenant side steps easily. However, it does its job of distracting them and turning heads. Darting in a perpendicular attack so as to clear the line of fire, he uses his momentum to easily carry himself and the floating Sunaj into the adjacent alley. The grenade he drops blinds all but the Sunaj he carried out. He sets in, carving up the Sunaj, his frustration, anger and justice taking physical form. The Sunaj tries to parry but most of the attacks land. A forcefield of some type quivers under the assault.

Grant from high begins lobbing energy spheres at the remaining group below. They scatter like cockroaches under the surprise assault. The Sunaj seem to have the easiest recovery, likely using whatever ability Ronith experienced them using in the parking garage. The two caught in the blast of the light grenade don't seem phased much at all, almost like they have radar. The initial nova blasts do catch them off guard but soon they've moved to engage Ronith as well. The woman in gold and the other merc in EBA stumble about looking for cover as destruction rains down on them. The EBA merc puts up some fashion of force field but the nova blasts cut through just as Grant notices movement. Two huge birds, obviously magical constructs of some fashion, rushing his way from the north east coming up quickly to his altitude. Also coming into sight is another Sunaj. Grant is sure this is their mage. It casts a spell of some fashion that affects his invulnerability. The warbirds are faster though and pose an imminent threat not to mention that Barracuda is closing in on the woman in gold. They don't seem daunted by the invisibility of Grant and are capable combatants, their great talons dealing significant damage as their massive forms beat the air around him. Grant looks down towards the origin of the birds and sees without doubt the leader of the Sunaj, his gear clearly calling him out. With him is a second Sunaj and another merc in EBA.

Alays, moving to position himself at the corner of the warehouse to provide cover from the team coming up from the south. He sees noting but alleyway until glowing energy balls erupt on thin air. The Sunaj team, now under attack, become visible to all. Everyone else is positioned at the west side of the APC where the door was blown open. Barracuda darts away to engage the woman in gold. Alays opens fire on her as Barracuda flies to confront her. He lands several hit, though there seems to be almost no effect on her. Instead he switches to the EBA merc who is also stumbling around as the whole area is bathed Grant's Nova Blasts.

Weiss and Ashlynn suddenly hear Grant's warning and can see a team of three figures materialize, two of which are Sunaj. The are over a hundred feet away and are easy prey for Blue's rail gun. He opens fire on the Sunaj leader, his hits battering him. He lands several shots and the Sunaj master tries to evade them unsuccessfully. Ashlynn also opens fire, moving to the top of the APC so as to still guard the door, have some cover and a line of fire to the new Sunaj group. It is then that several things happen.

Alays, Beltin, Whyne, Ashlynn and Weiss including Blue suddenly feel a crushing force that drags them to the ground. Blue creaks and groans horribly as even the rail gun becomes absurdly heavy. Alarms blare as the system is unable to cope with whatever is going on. His system is reading out that the frame is beyond maximum capacity to the indicated 540 tons! To his horror, he can only watch with his eyes as his screen reads out that his missile system has been activated. A volley of three missiles launch two fragmentation and a plasma. Ashlynn, now crushed against the APC watches as the missiles leave the teetering robot. They arc almost straight up, but seem to struggle a mere fifty feet in the air before flopping over backwards towards the APC. The missiles look odd in their brief arc, wobbling under their own great weight. In a blink they collide with the APC. Only Beltin and Whyne are spared the blast, thanks to the APC though they too are pinned on the floor. The missiles detonate. Alays has some cover thanks to the height of the APC and that the missiles fell short of a direct hit on top of the APC rather than their off center landing. Ashylnn's invincible armor fortunately absorbs the explosion. Blue is rockets as the sensors, shoulder lasers and shoulder launchers are rendered inoperable by the damage. Weiss watches helplessly again as now as the multi warhead is armed. The fire command is initiated but apparent the systems has sustained so much damage from the weight being exerted that the missile will not fire. The Sunaj from the newly arrived team do not advance but keep their distance. One appears to be reading something as a large meteor rockets past Grant. It crashed just past the nose of the APC resulting in a massive explosion that creates massive blast sending debris everywhere. A dust plume rises into the air and a 10 foot deep crater is left behind. The end of the warehouse is significantly damage and Blue only received minor damage Once again, Alays' location graces him with cover.

Ronith, alerted the presence of the actual leader, flies away in furry and wrath. In moment he spots the one he's been looking for. He remembers that armor, its unique visage. In a rocket like approach he inflicts a might wound. Buckling a forcefield of some fashion, the two skilled warriors face off against one another though like last time Ronith is clearly the superior. The cyberknight leaps towards the Sunaj leader, the tsunami of his might fully behind the stroke. Then the group at the APC suddenly feel the weight lifted off them just as Ronith now experiences crushing weight, perhaps even more intense than the others as his body struggles under the oppression of ten thousand pounds. The Sunaj brandishes his sword, steps to Ronith and commences hewing the burdened cyberknight. Ronith tries to parry but the extreme weight of his limbs makes it all but impossible.

Beltin and Whyne, now relieved from the extreme weight can move. The APC is still intact but the systems are not doing well. With the door removed the compression hit both of them, but thanks to their armor were spared from being compressed to death. Whyne looks at Beltin and says, "Well, we have their attention!"

Barracuda advances on the woman in gold as the fireworks display from the nova blasts cease. With her blind, she simply cannot content with his attacks. Out of sheer luck as she flails about trying to guard against the unseen attacks and actually succeeds in parrying. Barracuda's history seems to feed his interaction. Something is unnatural about this woman. He's doing damage, actually knocking her around but she doesn't buckle like a normal person would. She's dangerous and he knows it. At close range he sees her armor is very ornate and she wears a lot of flare or trophies. He maneuvers are big and showy. They are serious no doubt, but they don't have the normal combat efficiency one expects to see on the battle field. She is or has been involved in some fashion of showmanship, maybe even a gladiator in this world. She swings at him several times but is unable to make contact. He notices now that the Sunaj, now abandoned by Ronith are making their way towards him with speed. (they arrive at the end of the round).

Map

Butcher's Bill
Blue: Main Body and all shoulder mounted items: -210 MD, the weight distorted the frame and systems. No optics. Actions are halved, -6 to attack, parry and dodge.
Ashlynn: Invincible Armor popped. Meteor -50MD
Alays: -80 MD
Ronith: -160 MD (Invincible armor pops absorbing the excess damage)
Grant: -58 MD
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Perception: 50% (enclosed spaces)/55% (wide open spaces) 1d100 = 79 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 26

Conditions:
    UNARMORED
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Befuddled | -2 Strike, parry, dodge | APM reduced by 1/2 | Skills are at -20% | duration ??
  • Invulnerability | Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins | 50 M.D.C. vs other attacks | +10 vs Magic/Psionics/Horror Factor | 5/5 melees

Ashlynn crumples under the crushing weight of gravity, struggling to breathe. What... the... frak... can't... She has just a brief moment to inhale as the gravity field is lifted before being buffeted by an explosion that tears through the remains of her armor.

She staggers to her feet, intent on bloody revenge. Through the debris, she casts her eye upon her misbegotten victim - the Sunaj mage near the APC. With a roar of rage, she launches herself at him, in a full assault. "GRAAAAHHHHH!!!"

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 26
APM: 4

Action 1: Bounce attack bodyblock/tackle 1d20+4 = 5 (Nat. 1!); Damage 2d4 = 3 SDC + 60% 1d100 = 12 chance of knockdown
Multitask action 1: Activate Talisman of Invulnerability
Action 2: Slice with Laser Sword 1d20+4 = 19; Damage 5d6 = 11 MD
Multitask action 2: Draw Pistol
Action 3: Slice with Laser Sword 1d20+4 = 15; Damage 5d6 = 22 MD
Multitask action 3: Muzzle to meat shot from pistol; 1d20+4 = 11; 5d6 = 15 MD
Action 4: Slice with Laser Sword 1d20+4 = 21; Damage 5d6 = 15 MD
Multitask action 4: Muzzle to meat shot from pistol; 1d20+4 = 18; 5d6 = 21 MD

Parries: 1) 1d20+10 = 27; 2) 1d20+10 = 16; 3) 1d20+10 = 30 (Nat. 20!); 4) 1d20+10 = 20

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+1 = 9; 2) 1d20+1 = 7; 3) 1d20+1 = 10; 4) 1d20+1 = 18
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/31
S.D.C.: 68/68

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:06 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 88
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 89

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

• Immune to Possession
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
Stats
  • P.P.E.: 362/610
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 4.00 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Fleet Feet | 20 P.P.E. | PF2 186 | 3.75 min | Double P.P., Spd, and APM. -2 Init, susceptible to surprise attacks. -20% using skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 460.00 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 100.00 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 54.00 min | 92/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Invisibility: Simple | 0 P.P.E. | BOM 97 | Indefinite | There should be some penalty to strike/parry/dodge, but it's not listed in the spell. With the Energy Spheres on Grant's shoulders there should probably be some reduction in the penalties.
  • Mystic Alarm | BOM 95 | 2 P.P.E. | 8 years | Affects one object, will activate if disturbed.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 99.00 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 123.00 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • Nova Blast | 30 P.P.E. | DB13 121 | 2600' | 1.75 min | Dodge (people -2, fighters/shuttles -3, larger ships -4) | Use bonuses to Throw. 1d4x100 M.D. in space, 1d4x10 M.D. in atmosphere.
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 5.00 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 75.00 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 21.00 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 51.00 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Illusion Manipulation | BOM 128 | 9000' 4800 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 236.00 min
  • Illusionary Terrain | BOM 141 | 1000' 48000 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 236.00 min | Can manipulate the illusion 12 times per round, +4 init to react without noticeable delay.
  • Telepathy | 4 I.S.P. | 60' surface thoughts, 360 two way telepathic communication | 12.25 min |

Invincible Armor Regeneration: 1d6 = 4 M.D.

Grant's attuned sense for magic feels his field of invulneratbility unravel. Amazing! Grant's mind reacts to it. Similar to that time on Center fighting that Shock Dragon and it's necromantic magic, where it flew through my defenses like so much paper. The mage sees that his Invincible Armor is still active though some major cracks are present. The magic begins the slow process of closing them, but not enough to make it whole in so few seconds.

One of those giant birds and the mage are still up here with me. And did that mage case a Meteor spell, impressive, costly, but impressive, Grant's internal dialogue of analysis continues.

"I need to put these creatures on the defensive," Grant growls through his teeth. He triggers the second charge on his Talisman of Invulnerability, and then casts Multiple Image. He then launches ball after ball of plasma at the mage and the bird. Alternating between the two, Grant hopes to keep the mage too off balance to complete the casting of another negate magic spell. His general movement is upward in a counter-clockwise direction around the mage limiting attacks from behind as much as he can, dodging attacks if can. He wants to keep 200 to 300 feet away from the mage. The close vertical movement should make it extremely difficult for the warbird from closing on him. (Can travel a max of 1100' in 15 seconds)

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 20 (22 once Multiple Image is cast)

1. Activate Invulnerability
  2. Cast Multiple Image
  3. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 10, Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.
  4. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 20, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.
  5. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 22, Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.
  6. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 28 nat20!, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.
  7. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 21, Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.
  8. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 21, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
  9. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 15, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
  10. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 23, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
  11. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 23, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
  12. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 17, Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.
  13. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 19, Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.
  14. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 19, Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.
  15. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 13, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
  16. Throw Nova Blast at Mage; Strike 1d20+8 = 22, Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.

Contingency Dodges/Magic/Psionics (+13/+16/+10) 12d20:
6, 13, 19, 17, 4, 18, 11, 3, 3, 14, 9, 15

Contingency Spells: If the Invincible Armor/Invulnerability pop, he will cast Armor of Ithan (80 M.D.C.)

Spells Cast
  • Invulnerability | 2 of 3 charges | BOM 116 | 1.5 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Multiple Image | 7 P.P.E. | BOM 102 | Self | 8 min | -4 to save vs Illusion | 3 identical images, +2 Init, +2 dodge, +1 Strike. Iron will dispel image.

Info

Equipped Gear of Note
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:08 am

Perception 41% 1d100 = 77
JIC 1d100 = 63 1d20 = 3
Initiative 1d20+3 = 6+2 whilst in Blue Beauty
APM 9 (halved to 5 whilst in Blue Beauty)/ 6 outside

Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
Befuddled | -2 Strike, parry, dodge | APM reduced by 1/2 | Skills are at -20% | duration ??
Invulnerability | Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins | 50 M.D.C. vs other attacks | +10 vs Magic/Psionics/Horror Factor | 5/5 melees

"What the frak?" Weiss swears, as his console began sparking and he could see the roof of his pilot compartment begin to buckle.

"How the frak did they do that? he scours the control systems, trying to find what was still working as the readouts show most of his weaponry offline and I can't even see. He'd fought mages before, seen plenty of combat, but never had one done this to him. They'd hurt his pride and joy and right now the Beauty was next to useless.

"Multiple systems down, armour badly compromised, dammit, most of my weapons are gone, is anything blasted working?" Weiss punches the console, any spark generated being absorbed by his new armour and Grant's protections. He was not happy

Looks like I can move, but can't see anything. And the torso mini missile launchers are still operational. The Beauty is hanging in there, but barely. Stay with me. We're still in this and I'll be damned if I'm leaving Zac alone in this world.. As he operates the system, he realises one random system was still fully operational.

And yet bizarrely the video camera is working. Thank heavens for small mercies. Least I have some way of seeing. he smiles grimly, as he brings the camera online, as a poor substitute for the sensor turret that was no doubt in tiny pieces spread across the area. When I get my hands on whomever did that....

The Beauty lurches to its feet, like a punch drunk fighter that doesn't when its beaten, swaying as it did so. It would be almost comical if it wasn't in the middle of a deadly firefight that had only just begun.

Through the camera now he is stood up, Weiss can see the situation in front of him over the top of the APC.

Grant's unloading on the mage and bird, Ash is too close to that bird to use missiles ....and Ronith looks to be in trouble. Looks like my path is decided. Don't fail me now baby

"RONITH, DROP NOW!!!!! he screamed through the telepathic link.

"Lets hope my shooting isn't off," but Weiss was feeling lucky. Something had to go his way today.

OOC Comments
If the video camera allows Weiss to offset some of the penalties
Aimed shots makes this a -1 with hopefully some of the -6 being offset

Action 1 - activate video camera and stand up
action 2 1 critical hit viewtopic.php?f=885&t=7678&p=1357399#p1357399
4 AP missiles 3 ft blast radius directly on the head of the leader. Guessing with Ronith down on the floor, he should be fine
4d4*10 = 100 Triple damage from direct hit, half damage for anybody caught in the blast - 300MD on the leader's head area. 50MD on anybody in 3' radius.

Action 3-4 - 2 Plasma 1d6*10 = 30 1d6*10 = 20 15ft blast radius -flashburn so won't start fires at the Bird
If its still -6, John won't risk hitting Ash, but if the merc behind them is not in close combat, Weiss will risk it or if Barracuda brings the group he is fighting into range
1d20 = 18-1 with aimed shot or any penalty reductions that increase the roll.

Action 5 - If the Beauty can reach the merc on top of the warehouse, he will try to grab hold of him so somebody else can shoot him easier.
1d20 = 11 straight roll unless any penalties are reduced 2d6 = 6MD if successful

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Barracuda » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 63

Conditions
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 54.00 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 460.00 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack

She's unfocused. Gonna take her down and then work on the others. "Four on one? You're going to regret that, you cowards!" Barracuda strikes out a few more times at the gold EBA with King Tide and then calls on a power he rarely brings out of himself. He releases an electromagnetic pulse around him to play with their tech before he silences everyone in the 100 feet around him. He keeps King Tide between him and anyone attempting to strike him physically, not worrying about any energy attacks that might be incoming. My power keeps growing. I wonder what else might happen.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 21

Action 1: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+5 = 8 Damage: 6d6+16 = 47
Action 2: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+5 = 12 Damage: 6d6+16 = 33
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge.
Actions 4-5: EMP Pulse
Action 6: Warp Sound (silence). 100 foot radius.

Parries: 1d20+9 = 221d20+9 = 191d20+9 = 161d20+9 = 221d20+9 = 141d20+9 = 26
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 15
Barracuda

Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 82
PER: 1d100 = 81 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Conditions
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 459.5 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 51.5 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Ext. Presence Sense | Rifter 25 77 | 2m | Exact number/location of all sentient beings in a 75-ft radius
  • Shadow Meld | BoM 103 | 5m | +15% prowl, attackers -5 to strike
  • Enhance Reflexes | Rifter 25 75 | 17m | +1APM, +3I, +2S, +3P/D, +2 PP (--> 27), +15% to physical skills relying on coordination or balance
  • Telepathy: Superior | Rifter 25 83 | 17m
  • Telekinesis | RUE 169 | 120lbs of weight | 21.75m

While not thrilled at being unable to move, the leader's attention on Ronith means that he is not harming the rest of the team- and not trying to escape, yet. However, with the pounding his magical armor has taken Ronith realizes that he will soon need to grow concerned about his own survival. First, with a thought he will activate the invulnerability talisman Grant gave him. Any subsequent plans are interrupted by Weiss.

Weiss wrote:"RONITH, DROP NOW!!!!!
Ronith doesn't hesitate- he stops trying to hold himself upright against the crushing weight and plummets to the ground. If his cyber-knight senses allow him to feel the missile systems lock on, Ronith will try to time his dodge such that he gets out of the way a mere instant before the missiles impact- minimizing any advance warning the boss Sunaj gets.

Ronith's subsequent actions will depend on whether he is loosed from the high-gravity field. If so, he will immediately leap on top of the Sunaj, bearing down with his swords and turning the leader's own tactic against him. Otherwise, Ronith will telekinetically pull out his magefire pistol and shoot the Sunaj leader in the face- in the hopes of distracting him enough that he can slip free of the immobilizing grasp.

Action 1: Activate invulnerability talisman ((-1 charge))
Action 2: Drop/dodge; 1d20+17 = 36
Action 3-4: Aimed shot with magefire pistol at the guy's face. 1d20+8 = 28 to strike, 5d6+5 = 26x2=52 MD.
Action 5-6: Aimed shot with magefire pistol at the guy's face. 1d20+8 = 22 to strike, 5d6+5 = 18 MD.
Action 7-8: Aimed shot with magefire pistol at the guy's face. 1d20+8 = 25 to strike, 5d6+5 = 25 MD.
Action 9: Regular shot with magefire pistol. 1d20+5 = 11 to strike, 5d6+5 = 26 MD.

Auto-parries (direct with telekinesis or by moving Frostfang in the way of any attacks; +7): 9d20:
14, 20, 17, 10, 8, 19, 14, 9, 8

Contingency: Ronith can move
Leap attack first (two actions, keeping damage the same), followed by a flurry of sword blows before his opponent can pull another trick out of his hat.
3) Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 32, 1d6*11 = 22 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 29, 6d6 = 22 MD
4) Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 25, 1d6*11 = 22 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 33, 6d6 = 31 MD
5) Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 31, 1d6*11 = 33 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 31, 6d6 = 13 MD
6) Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 21, 1d6*11 = 11 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 31, 6d6 = 18 MD
7) Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 32, 1d6*11 = 66 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 26, 6d6 = 20 MD
8) Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 25, 1d6*11 = 22 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 29, 6d6 = 24 MD
9) Frostfang: 1d20+19 = 29, 1d6*11 = 11 MD; Skyrender: 1d20+19 = 27, 6d6 = 28 MD
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Alays » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 58 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 98
A: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

As Alays is readying for the attack an intense and sudden weight comes crunching down on him. Even with his augmented strength, the weight makes him immobile. The feeling of helplessness starts to over take him as he is rocked by an explosion.

Suka! YA sobirayus' ubit' tebya, kogda ya voz'mu tebya za ruki. Get your ass up and move before I make you. I don't know why I can't move. I'm doing my best.

Just as suddenly as the weight was applied, the pressure on Alays relieves itself. The moment that he feels the pressure lift he scrambles to his feet as quickly as possible. His demeanor exuding waves of anger by the time he stands. Looking down the street alongside the building, he sees a group member with a trident taking on four at once. Firing his rifle at the nearest Sunaj or the one that is most exposed.

Initiative: (+4) 1d20+3 = 18

Action 1: Stand up

Action 2: Attack with NG-LG6 at Sunaj Lieutenant strike: 1d20+4 = 15 / damage: 3d6+5 = 19

Action 3: Attack with NG-LG6 at Sunaj Lieutenant strike: 1d20+4 = 24 / damage: 3d6+5 = 13

Action 4: Attack with NG-LG6 at Sunaj Lieutenant strike: 1d20+4 = 7 / damage: 3d6+5 = 19

Action 5: Attack with NG-LG6 at Sunaj Lieutenant strike: 1d20+4 = 14 / damage: 3d6+5 = 21

Action 6: Attack with NG-LG6 at Sunaj Lieutenant strike: 1d20+4 = 5 / damage: 3d6+5 = 12

Action 7: Attack with NG-LG6 at Sunaj Lieutenant strike: 1d20+4 = 13 / damage: 3d6+5 = 14

6, 2, 6, 4, 2, 6, 1

10, 20, 19, 8, 9, 16, 10
Alays

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 1| 1d100 = 11%
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 26

Current Status
ISP: 181/298
Conditions (constant): Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 53.25 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 460 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 51.75 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • See the Invisible | RUE 176 | 5.25 min | See invisible
  • Enhanced Reflexes | R25 76 | 14.50 min | +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance
  • Psi-sword (rapier) | RUE 180 | 87.00 min | 21d6 MD
  • Telepathy: Superior | R25 84 | 15.25 min | 550' probe, 1100' 2-way comm | 67% deeper extraction

Never a particularly strong individual, Beltin is flattened like a pancake when the increased gravity hits unexpectedly. "Ugh... can't move..." he announces unhelpfully while pinned to the APC floor. He can only strain to look up at the roof of the APC and hope that it does not collapse and entomb them. His worries are magnified when the APC shudders under the impact of a missile barrage. Uh oh, they've brought heavy munitions... Beltin muses to himself incorrectly. As suddenly as they were struck by the gravitational presence, it is lost in a moment. Feeling freedom of movement once more, Beltin kips up to his feet and proceeds to help Whynne to her feet.

Whynne/McGrath wrote:"Well, we have their attention!"

"We certainly do. And I don't believe this APC is fit to shelter us for much longer. We are going to need to rejoin the others outside." Beltin grasps Whynne's hand and leads her out of the APC.

Once outside, the two of them are exposed to the urgent cadence of combat once more. Immediately, Beltin drops a TK-forcefield around the two of them, confident that if they are trying to grab McGrath, the two of them will make for tasty new targets. Once protected as such, Beltin will assist Sir Ronith in whomever he is fighting, assuming that their cyberknight leader charged at the highest priority target. Beltin will try to use his evil-eye to distract Ronith's target.

Combat Actions
Action 1: Talk, regain footing.
Action 2: Grasp Whynne's hand, exit APC together.
Action 3: Assess combat situation outside, TK-Forcefield ((-25 ISP. 225 MDC)) around them.
Action 4: Bio-manipulation (Blind) at whoever Sir Ronith is targeting. ((-10 ISP))
Action 5: Bio-manipulation (Pain) at whoever Sir Ronith is targeting. ((-10 ISP))
Actions 6-7: Reserved for contingencies.

Auto-parries (+18 to not included): 7d20:
9, 7, 18, 3, 14, 11, 16

Contingencies:
  • Should anyone appear inside the TK-forcefield (or it goes down and someone engages in melee). Strike with Psi-Sword.
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 28. Damage: 1d6*21 = 126 MD
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 24. Damage: 1d6*21 = 84 MD

Status

Constant effects
Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)

Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 5:29pm
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Warehouse District,
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.

Grant, redoubling his defenses reactivates his Invincible Armor and uses Multiple Images. As he is doing so he sees Ashlynn bolt out of nowhere towards the Sunaj mage. She looks as if she is going to shoulder tackle him, but a strong west wind not only gusts he slight off course but see seems to fumble with her laser sword. It plummets towards the ground. Ashlynn spins around drawing her pistol just as the Sunaj mage completes his spell. Grant then sees Ashlynn follow her swords trajectory towards the earth apparently no longer enjoying the benefit of her magical flight. Both Ashlynn and Grant know that she is rather bouncy but this is bad news and likely beyond her capacity to absorb.

Weiss, exhibiting practiced skill and impressive knowledge, swings Blue around to aim at the Sunaj now attacking Ronith. With reckless confidence, no targeting computer and clinched teeth he fires off an impressive volley of missiles. Unbelievably they come down on the man's head. The air thunders with their impacts as the fire and smoke from the pact erupt. A field around him flashes and is gone. The other Sunaj and the merc take cover. Ronith, drops to the ground, hopeful that the missile impact will free him. Unfortunately it does not seem to impact the effect. Surely if the leader had been generating it, it would have been enough to disrupt his concentration. Undaunted, Ronith uses his keen intellect and withdraws his pistol using Telekinesis. As he expects, he is able to lift the pistol normally. A crack shot he hits the Sunaj in the face. He wheels around clutching his face retreats several paces as Ronith sees a suit of ectoplasmic armor form around the knight.

Weiss alerted to the merc on the rooftop by Grant turns Blue to end his existence. It is then that the Enforcer completely locks up. Everything seems frozen, paralyzed. Wasting no time Weiss makes for the exit.

Barracuda continues his assault against as she darts back and forth attempting to stay a moving target. Pursuing her movement he keeps his punishment up. He still is concerned. The blows he lands are hard but it's like hitting rock. Finally breaking through a forcefield, he makes contact with her actual armor. King Tide is rending her armor possibly even penetrating it. She bats at the air every time Barracuda connects but seems to be unsuccessful. His insult doesn't go unnoticed however as the lieutenant replies, "Why waste the time of a duel with mice?" it says with it's gravel like voice, it too absorbing shots from Alays. All the while, the Sunaj have been having some success with hits, greatly weakening the Invincible armor.

Shot after shot, Alays hits the Lieutenant or more accurately some type of shielding he has in place. Suddenly one of the other Sunaj peel off and stat moving his direction if not slowly and cautiously, likely owning to blindness after Ronith's well placed attack. Alays stays focused on his inital target as the approaching Sunaj might take several seconds to make it to him. Finally, Alays sees the field collapse around the Lieutenant.

Beltin, eager to bring this to an end, emerges. They arrive in utter chaos. A shadow covers the area as the dust cloud continues to rise, leaving a haze in the area where they stand. Hearing the situation with Ronith, Beltin moves into action. Bringing Whyne along as he searches quickly for Ronith. Rounding the end of the APC, he spots the Cyberknight on the ground, engaged with a small team. His arrival does not go unnoticed however as the other Sunaj whips his head around to see Beltin and more importantly the McGrath imposter. Erecting his TK forcefield, Beltin stands ready for trouble. Beneath them a portal opens withing the forcefield, showing sky beneath them. Thanks to the flight, they do not fall through but simply float. Irregardless it is a serious threat.

Grant races after Ashlynn, casting a flight spell (I'm assuming Fly as the Eagle since it can be done at range) on her, stopping her uncontrolled decent. Righting herself, Ashlynn opens fire on the Sunaj mage. Grant finally able to go on the offensive resumes his assault. Much to his dismay, his nova blasts seem to have lost their effectiveness as they wash over both bird and mage. Blast after blast lands as the bird dive bombs again. The mage descends and seems to be casting something but nothing happens. And does so again without result. Grant surmises that during his assistance to Ashlynn that he must have used immunity to fire on both he and the bird. Either way the mage is burning a lot of PPE and even deep reserves will run dry eventually.

Weiss makes his way out of Blue, ready to engage whomever he wishes.

Goldie takes a swing at him, missing and instead striking the other Sunaj left. Some type of field breaks with a loud crack. An invisible wave that is more felt and heard than seen rolls out from Barracuda. Any electronics they depend on are certainly disabled. Goldie, though still apparently blind happens to whirl around off her critical error and connects incidentally with Barracuda. His Invincible Armor instantly collapses with a loud crack, knocking him back several feet. Watching her hit, he could see dust lift from the buildings and road from her hit. Her strength must be off the charts! Quickly he silences everything within 100ft. Barracuda sees her eyes for the first time focus on him and she looks displeased. He's rather sure the blindness is wearing off. From what he knows of the effects of that grenade, she and the others are likely still seeing spots which may help some.

Ronith continues firing on the Sunaj leader but this new armor he has seems to be very resistant to his pistol. Irregardless he still seems to stumble around. Taking several shots with seeming impunity, he seems to collect himself. If Ronith is guessing, he's still blind but using the same radar like sense so many of them have exhibited.

Butcher's Bill

Barracuda: -210 (armor absorbed it all)
Weiss: (Blue immobilized)
Grant: -44 MDC (Warbird strike)
Alays: Silenced
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Weiss » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:10 pm

Perception 45% 1d100 = 76
JIC 1d100 = 95 1d20 = 10
Initiative 1d20+1 = 10
APM 6

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 57 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.

Weiss pops open the hatch, if possible setting the reactor to shut down as to avoid anybody launching the remaining missiles and grabs both rifles on the way out.

Low on E-clips, need more ammo, should have bought more back in Merctown. Weiss was annoyed at himself, Something I'll have to rectify if I have any money left after fixing what's left of the Beauty. He turns that annoyance into anger against the ones responsible. He knows there is one on the roof Bet your the frakker who took control of Beauty's systems. You are going down for that, then I can help Ronith.

Still possessing the spells Grant cast on him, he takes to the air, flying near the building. Not used to flying under my own power, better stay close something so I don't fall too far. If anybody has a railgun, I'm in trouble, but these don't seem the type for using those.

OOC Comments
Action 1 fly into air near the building
Action 2 1d20+3 = 22 1d4*10 = 30
31d20+3 = 22 1d4*10 = 30
4 1d20+3 = 4 1d4*10 = 10
51d20+3 = 19 1d4*10 = 10
6 1d20+3 = 18 1d4*10 = 40

If his spell goes down, Weiss will use the Square shaped charm Talisman of Invulnerability (5th Level, Duration: 5 melees, Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins, 50 M.D.C. vs other attacks, +10 vs Magic/Psionics/Horror Factor) (3/3 uses) as required

5/10 shots remaining

If the merc disappears and Weiss can't find him, Weiss will turn his attention to Ronith's attackers or assist Ben if he becomes overwhelmed.

OOC Comments
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 30
• *Razor: 30
• Arms: 25 each
• Legs: 35 each
• Main Body: 45
* A single asterisk indicates a small and difficult target to strike, requiring the attacker to make a ‘Called Shot,’ but even then the attacker is -4 to strike.
Modifiers: No modifiers to physical skills whatsoever.
Features:
• Impervious to Energy & Electricity: the suit is completely impervious to electricity, energy attacks, radiation, stun, laser and ion weapons. Magical energy attacks do half damage.

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Grant Latham » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:49 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 10

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

• Immune to Possession
  • Spell Range doubled
Stats
  • P.P.E.: 355/610
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 4.00 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Fleet Feet | 20 P.P.E. | PF2 186 | 3.75 min | Double P.P., Spd, and APM. -2 Init, susceptible to surprise attacks. -20% using skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 100.00 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 54.00 min | 95/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Invulnerability | 2 of 3 charges | BOM 116 | 1.25 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 6/50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Multiple Image | 7 P.P.E. | BOM 102 | Self | 8 min | -4 to save vs Illusion | 3 identical images, +2 Init, +2 dodge, +1 Strike. Iron will dispel image.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 99.00 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 123.00 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • Nova Blast | 30 P.P.E. | DB13 121 | 2600' | 1.75 min | Dodge (people -2, fighters/shuttles -3, larger ships -4) | Use bonuses to Throw. 1d4x100 M.D. in space, 1d4x10 M.D. in atmosphere.
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 5.00 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 75.00 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 21.00 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell
  • Illusion Manipulation | BOM 128 | 9000' 4800 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 236.00 min
  • Illusionary Terrain | BOM 141 | 1000' 48000 sq ft | -4 to save for an elaborate illusion | 236.00 min | Can manipulate the illusion 12 times per round, +4 init to react without noticeable delay.
  • Telepathy | 4 I.S.P. | 60' surface thoughts, 360 two way telepathic communication | 12.25 min |

Deducted Damage last round (44 M.D.C.) from Invulnerability

Invincible Armor Regeneration: 1d6 = 3 M.D.

Despite not actually having to act physically to fly, the rapid descent to stop Ashlynn from turning into tomato paste has Grant breathing hard and his heart racing. He mentally calls out to her, Ashlynn, I need to deal with this bird, distract the mage for a few seconds...but try to do it closer to the ground.

He spins in the air to see how much altitude he's lost and to see that the warbird has kept pace with him and is wheeling for another strike.

Well, Grant thinks. Time to switch things up. Unless he has socked away talismans of his own, that mage may soon be out of gas. But the bird is the immediate threat. Hopefully Ashlynn can distract him for a few precious moments.

The mage goes back to one of the first spells he learned, Blinding Flash. With an extra effort of will he enhances the magic to blind the warbird. If necessary, he casts the spell multiple times waiting to see the bird's flight become erratic, then follows up with Magic Net (repeating if necessary, but with the -10 to dodge it should be quick) with the intent that once it's wings are bound it will fall to the ground.

When the bird taken care of, Grant's enhanced vision hunts the skies and rooftops for adversaries. The Lord Magi begins moving towards the mage, weaving to make himself a more difficult target. He casts another beginner spell, Throwing Stones and begins launching them towards the mage to try and disrupt whatever he's casting. When in range (360' of the mage), he casts Mental Blasts at him, attacking the Sunaj's mind directly bypassing any physical defenses (should go through body armor and force fields).

**Virtus, if you'll provide a count of how many of each spell is cast, I'll figure out how much PPE to deduct next round - Thanks!

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 11
Spell Strength: 14

1. Cast Blinding Flash at the Warbird (-1 to save)
  2. Cast Magic Net at the Warbird
  3. Cast Throwing Stones
  4. Throw Stone at mage Strike: 1d20+9 = 15, Damage: 1d6+8 = 10 M.D.(-4 to dodge)
  5. Fly towards mage (up 73') Dodging 1d20+13 = 19
  6. Throw Stone at mage Strike: 1d20+9 = 26, Damage: 1d6+8 = 9 M.D.(-4 to dodge)
  7. Fly towards mage (up 73') Dodging 1d20+13 = 30
  8. Throw Stone at mage Strike: 1d20+9 = 20, Damage: 1d6+8 = 14 M.D.(-4 to dodge)
  9. Fly towards mage (up 73') Dodging 1d20+13 = 26
  10. Cast Mental Blast at Sunaj Mage: 5d6 = 20 direct to H.P/M.D. Plus Disorientation for 1d4 = 1 rounds
  11. Fly maintaining max range for Mental Blast while Dodging 1d20+13
  12. Cast Mental Blast at Sunaj Mage: 5d6 = 17 direct to H.P/M.D. Plus Disorientation for 1d4 = 3 rounds
  13. Throw Stone at mage Strike: 1d20+9 = 27, Damage: 1d6+8 = 12 M.D.(-4 to dodge)
  14. Fly maintaining max range for Mental Blast while Dodging 1d20+13 = 14
  15. Cast Mental Blast at Sunaj Mage: 5d6 = 20 direct to H.P/M.D. Plus Disorientation for 1d4 = 4 rounds
  16. Fly maintaining max range for Mental Blast while Dodging 1d20+13 = 33

Contingency Dodges/Magic/Psionics (+13/+16/+10): 8d20:
4, 13, 8, 11, 16, 20, 4, 11

Contingency Spells: If the Invincible Armor, he will cast Armor Bizarre (120 M.D.C.)

2nd Contingency: If the bird and mage go down and Grant has actions left, he begins to look around the field of battle. Seeing Sir Ronith stuck to the ground begins looking at who may be responsible for it. In order, he uses his advanced vision to look at EBAMerc1, EBAMerc2, and then EBAMerc3 to determine who is focused on Sir Ronith vs the others of his team.

Intelligence: 67% vs 1d100 = 61

Spells Cast
  • Armor Bizarre | 15 P.P.E. | BOM 104 | Self or 60' | 8 min | 120 M.D.C. + HF 14 only vs enemies and enemies are -1 initiative
  • Blinding Flash | 3 P.P.E. | BOM 91 | 120' | 20' radius | -1 to save vs Spell Strength 14 | Blind for 1d4 rounds, -10 Strike/Parry/Dodge, 50% chance of falling every 10'. Does not affect robotic, bionic, or cybernetic eyes.
  • Magic Net | 7 P.P.E. | BOM 101 | 120' | 10' radius | Dodge 16 or higher | 4 min | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.
  • Mental Blast | 15 P.P.E. | BOM 109 | 360' | Save vs Psionic Attack | 5d6 plus disorientation. Double Damage by Touch. Direct Damage to H.P. Affects up to Body Armor. Invisible effects except to Mind Melters/Bleeders. -2 S/P/D/I, -20% skills for 1d4 melees. Half damage and no penalties if save is made. Multiple castings have cumulative effect.
  • Throwing Stones | 5 P.P.E. | BOM 96 | .5 min | 2000' | Dodge -4 | 1d6+8 M.D. +2 strike

Info

Equipped Gear of Note
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:35 am

Perception: 50% (enclosed spaces)/55% (wide open spaces) 1d100 = 8

JIC: 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 9

Conditions:
    UNARMORED
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 480 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 72 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Befuddled | -2 Strike, parry, dodge | APM reduced by 1/2 | Skills are at -20% | duration ??
  • Invulnerability | Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins | 50 M.D.C. vs other attacks | +10 vs Magic/Psionics/Horror Factor | 4/5 melees

As Ashlynn tumbles from the sky she only has the presence of mind to yell "FRAK!" before she is targetted by Grant's new flight spell.

Her sword now far below on the ground, Ashlynn focuses on pistol attacks, hoping to swiss-cheese the mage before he can do any more damage. She flies up to engage him from a distance, hoping to draw his attention upward and away from her companions on the ground. Keep his eyes on me - let the guys on the ground work without having him to worry themselves after.

"Whazzamatta, mage? Not used to a real fight?" She laughs, an oddly mischievous yet dark laugh.

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 22
APM: 4

Action 1: Shoot pistol; 1d20+4 = 21; 5d6 = 20 MD
Multitask action 1: Fly upward to same level as mage or higher
Action 2: Shoot pistol; 1d20+4 = 14; 5d6 = 14 MD
Nultitask action 2: Activate Energy Shield
Action 3: Shoot pistol; 1d20+4 = 15; 5d6 = 17 MD
Action 4: Shoot pistol; 1d20+4 = 10; 5d6 = 14 MD

Parries: 1) 1d20+10 = 13; 2) 1d20+10 = 24; 3) 1d20+10 = 17; 4) 1d20+10 = 27

Dodges: 1) 1d20+7 = 27 (Nat. 20!); 2) 1d20+7 = 25; 3) 1d20+7 = 8 (Nat. 1!); 4) 1d20+7 = 8 (Nat. 1!)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 13/31
S.D.C.: 68/68

NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 25/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 8| 1d100 = 5%
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 10

Current Status
ISP: 156/298
Conditions (temporary):
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 53.00 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 459 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 51.50 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • See the Invisible | RUE 176 | 5.00 min | See invisible
  • Enhanced Reflexes | R25 76 | 14.25 min | +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance
  • Psi-sword (rapier) | RUE 180 | 86.75 min | 21d6 MD
  • Telepathy: Superior | R25 84 | 15.00 min | 550' probe, 1100' 2-way comm | 67% deeper extraction
[*]TK: Forcefield. | RUE 183 | 90.00 min | 225/225 MDC

"Practically fixated on us I would say." Beltin continues, picking up his dialogue with Whynne/McGrath as he stares down at the portal below them. "Unfortunately, we may be safer here than inside the APC," the young investigator remarks unhelpfully while he continues to maintain physical contact with Whynne/McGrath. If they direct some attention our way, perhaps that will give our teammates the opening they need to finish dispatching them. Beltin thinks to himself.

Beltin stands coiled, ready to spring to action (if someone teleport/appears within their TK-forcefield). The young investigator will strike with his psi-rapier within the enclosed space, but continue to maintain physical contact with Whynne/McGrath and will not over-extend himself.

Combat Actions
Action 1: Activate Invulnerability from talisman
Action 2-7: Talk and contingency actions

Auto-parries (+18 to not included): 7d20:
13, 17, 15, 2, 11, 16, 18

Contingencies:
  • Should anyone appear inside the TK-forcefield (or it goes down and someone engages in melee). Strike with Psi-Sword.
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 25. Damage: 1d6*21 = 21 MD
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 24. Damage: 1d6*21 = 63 MD
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 37. Damage: 1d6*21 = 21 MD ((Crit! 42 MD))
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 26. Damage: 1d6*21 = 42 MD
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 32. Damage: 1d6*21 = 63 MD
    • Strike: 1d20+18 = 25. Damage: 1d6*21 = 84 MD
  • If TK-forcefield is destroyed at range, erect another.
  • If they are somehow pushed toward the portal, erect TK-forcefield around the portal (to stand on).

Status

Constant effects

Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:02 am

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 31
PER: 1d100 = 29 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Conditions
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 459.25 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 51.25 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Ext. Presence Sense | Rifter 25 77 | 1.75m | Exact number/location of all sentient beings in a 75-ft radius
  • Shadow Meld | BoM 103 | 4.75m | +15% prowl, attackers -5 to strike
  • Enhance Reflexes | Rifter 25 75 | 16.75m | +1APM, +3I, +2S, +3P/D, +2 PP (--> 27), +15% to physical skills relying on coordination or balance
  • Telepathy: Superior | Rifter 25 83 | 16.75m
  • Telekinesis | RUE 169 | 120lbs of weight | 21.5m
  • Invulnerability | BoM 116 | 50/50 MDC; impervious to cold, fire, energy, disease, poisons, toxins, gases, drugs; +10 vs. magic, psionics, HF | 1.25m

It seems the team shall have to do without me a little bit longer. Knowing that he needs to escape whatever iron grip holds him in place, and that the apparent leader is unlikely to be the source, Ronith will spend a moment concentrating on his presence sense- to see if there are any combatants nearby who aren't moving or otherwise engaged in battle with Heroes for Hire.

He will then use his telekinesis to bring his weapons to bear- both swords and both pistols he normally carries. The goal is to use his paired weapons aptitude to concentrate his attacks on a single target- the source of the weight pinning him if identified, the leader otherwise. Ronith will then fire off different combinations of weapons seemingly at random- the hope being that it will keep his target off-balance so that it doesn't know what kind of attack to expect next, and will have a harder time defending against them.

Action 1: Try to locate any opponents who don't appear to be doing anything.
Action 2: Paired sword strike. Frostfang: 1d20+6 = 18 to strike, 1d6*11 = 44 MD. Skyrender: 1d20+6 = 8 to strike, 6d6 = 22 MD.
Action 3: Paired strike with Frostfang/magefire pistol. Frostfang: 1d20+6 = 15 to strike, 1d6*11 = 55 MD. Pistol: 1d20+8 = 9 to strike, 5d6+5 = 20 MD.
Action 4: Paired strike with Frostfang/magefire pistol. Frostfang: 1d20+6 = 13 to strike, 1d6*11 = 66 MD. Pistol: 1d20+8 = 12 to strike, 5d6+5 = 29 MD.
Action 5: Paired strike with Skyrender/Naruni pistol. Skyrender: 1d20+6 = 25 to strike, 6d6 = 27 MD x2=54. Pistol: 1d20+8 = 19 to strike, 1d4*10 = 30 MD.
Action 6: Paired strike with Frostfang/Naruni pistol. Frostfang: 1d20+6 = 11 to strike, 1d6*11 = 55 MD. Pistol: 1d20+8 = 23 to strike, 1d4*10 = 30 MD.
Action 7: Paired sword strike. Frostfang: 1d20+6 = 10 to strike, 1d6*11 = 66 MD. Skyrender: 1d20+6 = 9 to strike, 6d6 = 20 MD.
Action 8: Paired pistol shot. Magefire: 1d20+8 = 13 to strike, 5d6+5 = 26; Naruni: 1d20+8 = 20 to strike, 1d4*10 = 20
Action 9: Paired sword strike. Frostfang: 1d20+6 = 23 to strike, 1d6*11 = 44 MD. Skyrender: 1d20+6 = 9 to strike, 6d6 = 19 MD.
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57

Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Alays » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 63
A: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple, Silenced

As each shot lands on its mark, Alays hopes that each one is the kill shot. Seeing the oncoming attacker rushing towards him, he turn his attention and begins to concentrate his fire on the one charging him. If Alays has enough time he will take aim at the attackers legs to try and stop his advancement. If he doesn't have enough time then he'll just take normal shots. If the attacker gets with in melee range, Alaus will draw his knife to strike and defend himself.

Initiative: (+4) 1d20+3 = 18

If time permits,

Action 1: Attack with NG-LG6 at Sunaj Lieutenant’s legs strike: 1d20+7 = 9 / damage: 3d6+5 = 18

Action 2: continued from action 1

Action 3: Attack with NG-LG6 at Sunaj Lieutenant’s legs strike: 1d20+7 = 14 / damage: 3d6+5 = 15

Action 4: continued from action 3

Action 5: Attack with NG-LG6 at Sunaj Lieutenant’s legs strike: 1d20+7 = 8 / damage: 3d6+5 = 17

Action 6: continued from action 5

Action 7: Attack with NG-LG6 at Sunaj Lieutenant strike: 1d20+4 = 15 / damage: 3d6+5 = 18

If not enough

Action 1: Draw and attack with vibro-knife strike: 1d20+4 = 14 / damage: 1d6 = 5

Action 2: Attack with vibro-knife strike: 1d20+4 = 22 / damage: 1d6 = 4

Action 3: Attack with vibro-knife strike: 1d20+4 = 10 / damage: 1d6 = 2

Action 4: Attack with vibro-knife strike: 1d20+4 = 21 / damage: 1d6 = 4

Action 5: Attack with vibro-knife strike: 1d20+4 = 22 / damage: 1d6 = 1

Action 6: Attack with vibro-knife strike: 1d20+4 = 23 / damage: 1d6 = 5

Action 7: Attack with vibro-knife strike: 1d20+4 = 22 / damage: 1d6 = 2

1, 3, 2, 3, 4, 2, 1
rolls do not include bonus of +2, (+3 if using vibro-knife)

9, 17, 7, 3, 1, 9, 15
Alays

Postby Barracuda » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 43

Conditions

Hearing and feeling his magical armor fail, Barracuda gets serious about this super strong armored woman in front of him. "You're first. Man with stupid voice is next. You all fall." In a rare moment of complete focus, Barracuda shows why he's the Lord of the Bay, the Bodacious, the Battleful, the Beastly, the Bellicose, the Boundless, the Brutish BARRACUDA. With silence surrounding him, he meets Goldie's gaze and proceeds to lay into the woman who hits harder than hell, dodging her strong blows as best he can while working on tearing her armor apart with his forked polearm.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 15

Action 1: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: EP Crit. Damage: 6d6+16 = 44x2=88 MD
Action 2: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: EP Crit. Damage: 6d6+16 = 38x2=76 MD
Action 3: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: EP Crit. Damage: 6d6+16 = 34x2=68 MD
Action 4: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+5 = 6 Damage: 6d6+16 = 32
Action 5: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+5 = 22 Damage: 6d6+16 = 35
Action 6: Stab enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+5 = 23 (NAT18) Damage: 6d6+16 = 42x2=84 MD

Parries: 1d20+9 = 29(NAT20)1d20+9 = 261d20+9 = 18 1d20+9 = 251d20+9 = 281d20+9 = 22
Barracuda

Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum