Beyond Broken Door

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:24 am

Perception: 1d100 = 2 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 21
A: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple, Silenced, Enhanced Reflexes

Alays forms a smile as the Sunaj's protective barrier fades away. His eyes locked on the Sunaj's. Teeth clenched in anger and his muscles poised for another attack. Finally. Now I can get in close enough for the final strike. Just a few more swings. A heavy weight of disappointment falls over him as his opponent leaps to safety. Gritting his teeth harder, Alays dashes over to his rifle and picks it up. Lobbing a couple of grenades in close vicinity to where the Sunaj landed on the rooftop. Die like the coward that you are.

Taking a moment to reassess the situation at hand, Alays checks in on his new comrades, as well as himself. He uses this moment to unjam his rifle. Afterwards he takes up a more defensive position. I need a new strategy. Head long into danger seems not so fruitful. I wonder who the posses off to warrant these type of mercs. Maybe I got way in over my head this time. "What did you guys do to earn this type of wrath? How is your friend doing? Is she going to make it?" Alays asks as he keeps his eyes open for another assault.

Initiative: (+4) (+7) 1d20+7 = 19
Action per Melee round: 7 (8)

Action 1: Move and pick up LG6 Rifle

Action 2: Attack with grenade launcher on NG-LG6 Rifle strike: 1d20+4 = 21 / damage: 1d6+4 = 6

Action 3: Attack with grenade launcher on NG-LG6 Rifle strike: 1d20+4 = 21 / damage: 1d6+4 = 8

Action 4: Attack with grenade launcher on NG-LG6 Rifle strike: 1d20+4 = 11 / damage: 1d6+4 = 6

Action 5: Attempt to unjam rifle

Action 6: Attempt to unjam rifle or Reserved for Dodge 1d20+5 = 8

Action 7: Attempt to unjam rifle or Reserved for Dodge 1d20+5 = 22

Action 8: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+5 = 21

Rolls for parry: 8d20:
20, 12, 18, 10, 3, 8, 14, 19
rolls do not include bonus of +5, (+7 if using vibro-knife)

Rolls for Auto-dodge: 8d20:
10, 17, 17, 4, 18, 7, 1, 14
rolls do not include bonus of +2
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:34 am

Rolls carried

Alays wrote: "What did you guys do to earn this type of wrath? How is your friend doing? Is she going to make it?" Alays asks as he keeps his eyes open for another assault.


"We took a job and they really want our primary," Weiss replies as he hurriedly deploys the medical device, "they don't take no for an answer and react really violently. The feeling is getting mutual. Sorry you signed up?"

Weiss looks pensive as he waits for the devices to kick in on Ashlynn, not knowing if they were working. Of course, with his face completely hidden behind his helmet, this wasn't obvious to anybody.
"You got any medical training?

Come on come on, work!
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Ronith wrote:Initiative: Original post: 1d20+10 = 26
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 15, Original post: 1d100 = 52
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 57 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
APM: 9


Weiss wrote:"Trying to save Ash. Holler if you need me."
"With luck, Frostfang stabilized her. If not, just do what you can. I shall be there as soon as I can." Just hold on Ashylynn.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 5:30pm
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Warehouse District,
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.


Ronith

Ronith springs at the out of control melee but shifts his trajectory in an attempt to save Ashlynn's life. Like a spring wind he arrives out of nowhere to Weiss and the merc's eyes, lays his blade to Ash's form and disappears again just as quick. His movement is just enough to catch the eye of the lieutenant who has one hand firmly grasping McGrath's arm as he tries to step through a portal at his feet. As Ronith watches him begin to drag McGrath down, several points on his torso erupt in gore as an enraged Barracuda drives King Tide through the Sunaj's back.

The eyes of the remaining Sunaj jump to his fallen leader leaving Ronith a perfect opening. Pinched between Ronith, Barracuda and Beltin the Sunaj falls quickly, Frostfang dealing the fatal blow.

With the last Sunaj's death, the remaining merc puts up a forcefield but raises their hands in surrender.

Grant

Grant finds himself atop a warehouse a thousand feet to the west as the pair emerge from the teleport. The grimace of surprise at Grant's sudden travel on the tail of the Sunaj leader is pronounced. Plunging the shadow blade into the netted form of his opponent, Grant watches as he grinds his teeth in pain. Finally he spits his blood at the Magus. "For hate's sake, I spit at thee." he exhales before snarling and coughing as his body convulses, the last traces of life leaving his body. Grant stands up in the light of the westering sun and looks back at the distant struggle of the Heroes for Hire.

Weiss

Weiss applies the nanobots. They do seem to be stopping the bleeding, or Ashlynn is running out of blood. Then suddenly out of nowhere, Ronith appears, gently and skillfully laying a blade against Ashlynn before disappearing again just as suddenly.

Ronith's blade seems to heal the physical body but there is still no pulse. While certainly no doctor himself, he's aware enough to know that she needs her heart restarted somehow and the kit doesn't seem able to perform that function. Having seen chest compression used before at some point, he decides to give it a try. Be begins mimicking what he had seen before in hopes that something is better than nothing.

Barracuda

Enraged at the slipperiness of their enemy, Ronith and Barracuda's noverbal plan of action is less a tactical plan and closer to a force a nature. As Ronith's path swings wide, Barracuda homes in on the closest Sunaj who seems focused on McGrath, Beltin and Ronith. A shower of sparks fly as King Tide is force through the back of the Sunaj's armor, grating against metal and bone, splattering McGrath-Whyne's form in crimson from his opponent. Steering the now lifeless form to the ground, he frees King Tide and along with Ronith and Beltin destroy the other remaining Sunaj with ease. The last merc puts up a shield and surrenders, hands up.

Ashlynn

Ashlynn turns away from the woman, determined not to give up yet. Suddenly she floats in darkness, unable to make head or tails of anything. Faintly she begins to hear things but no sight comes to her eyes. She isn't sure where she is or for that matter who she is or why she's here.. wherever that is. All she knows is that she is numb and cold.

Suddenly light floods into her dark world as a blur of colors and forms invade. Still unable to articulate anything, Ashlynn can only move vaguely.

Alays

Alays dives for his rifle, coming up with a grenade sandwich for his friend. The attack catches the Sunaj off guard apparently as the he pulls a grenade of his own but fumbles it, dropping it his own feet before it detonates, igniting what must have been other explosives on his body., obliterating his lower torso. The smoking corpse collapses to the ground.

Weiss

Weiss is shocked and pleased as Ashlynn's eyes snap open and a moaing gasp is taken. She is moving slowly but incoherently, but ALIVE!

An den...!

The gold woman appears, snapping out of a black point in space. She looks confused but angry.

Butcher's Bill

-None-
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:50 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 89
PER: 1d100 = 100 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Paramedic- 1d100 = 95 vs. 111%
To help stabilize Ashlynn so that she can be moved back into the APC.

Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 458. min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 50 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Ext. Presence Sense | Rifter 25 77 | 0.5m | Exact number/location of all sentient beings in a 75-ft radius
  • Shadow Meld | BoM 103 | 3.5m | +15% prowl, attackers -5 to strike
  • Enhance Reflexes | Rifter 25 75 | 15.5m | +1APM, +3I, +2S, +3P/D, +2 PP (--> 27), +15% to physical skills relying on coordination or balance
  • Telepathy: Superior | Rifter 25 83 | 15.5m
  • Telekinesis | RUE 169 | 120lbs of weight | 20.25m
  • Invulnerability | BoM 116 | 0/50 MDC; impervious to cold, fire, energy, disease, poisons, toxins, gases, drugs; +10 vs. magic, psionics, HF | 0.25m
  • Armor Bizarre | BOM 104 | 7.5 min | 47/120 M.D.C. + HF 14 only vs enemies and enemies are -1 initiative


Ronith wants to exhale and take a load off- the fighting has been intense, and the cyber-knight is feeling every one of his wounds. But there's no time- his team needs him.

To the surrendering merc, Ronith levels a sword and says "Lay down your weapons and you shall not be harmed." After a moment's thought, Ronith decides that this is a good job for the new recruit, and sends a telepathic message to Alays. Confiscate the prisoner's weapons and take him into custody. We shall hand him over to the authorities as soon as we can. Aloud, he merely says "Barracuda, with me." Ronith then rushes over to Ashlynn's side. Along the way, he reaches out to Grant's mind. [color=blue]We are victorious, though not without cost. What is your status?

Ronith will feel a surge of relief when Grant reports that he is ok- the Sunaj leader was quite the handful, and now Ronith can turn his full attention to Ashylnn. Arriving at her side, Ronith will use his medical skills to assess her condition, and he will quite liberally use the remainder of Frostfang's healing touches for the day if they will help her. If, between magic and medicine, Ronith can get Ashlynn stabilized enough that she can be moved, he will turn back to Barracuda "Get her back in the APC, and make sure Beltin and 'McGrath' are alright." To Weiss, Ronith adds "You did well, and probably saved her life. Tend to your robot- I shall be along to provide what aid I can once I have secured the area."

With the immediate situation sorted, Ronith has time for exactly one sigh of relief before the golden woman reappears. Instantly (especially if forewarned by his sixth sense) both of Ronith's blades will point at the woman, and he will say in a husky voice "Surrender- your allies are all slain or in custody. This is your only warning." Should she make a hostile move, Ronith won't hesitate to respond in time.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:03 am

Perception: 50% (enclosed spaces)/55% (wide open spaces) 1d100 = 91

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 100

Ashlynn groans quietly, her breaths shallow, skin prickling with goosebumps. She opens her eyes, but they don't seem to focus.

"Hmm." She takes a shuddering breath and looks, seeing a dark shape over her, that gradually comes into somewhat blurry relief. "W... wweiss?" Another shuddering breath, then "Wha?"

Light fades, and darkness envelops her again. She is cold and numb, and a directionless floating sensation suffuses through her body.

Light seeps in around the edges, and she sees a blurred-out man's shape again. Weiss? Pangur Ban said... Where was I? Who was the lady? Ashlynn's head lolls to the left side. Her eyes try to focus on the mess she sees there. All she can discern is an overwhelming redness, and a strong coppery odor she almost instinctively recognizes as blood. She blinks her eyes, to try to make sense of the world. She vaguely looks back up at the shadowy man-form hovering over her. She tries to reach out for him.

Am I going to make it? Am I dying? I can't - I have to tell them... tell them what? What was it she said?

"Guh... gather the... the broken... " She coughs... Ashlynn wants to grab the man, make him hear, but her hands won't respond. "Tame... river... fuh...find... " She coughs anew, the force of it racking her body as her lungs work in vain to replenish the flow of oxygen to her organs with too little blood.

She shuts her eyes, concentrating on breathing, the breaths coming short and shallow. Her head lolls again, this time to the right, and her eyes see the remains of her right arm reaching uselessly out. "Mm.. my arm..."

Pangur Ban wrote:"Remember what I taught you. You're bleeding out. Preserve your strength. Slow your breathing."


She drifts into and out of semiconsciousness, focusing, when she can, just on breathing.

Gradually, Weiss comes into a rather vague focus. She manages a faint smile. "Uh... wweiss..." She coughs. "I... I think... I let myself... get disarmed." She shudders, and manages a weak, raspy laugh.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 1/40
S.D.C.: 0/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 0/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:13 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 33
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 61

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 57/78
  • P.P.E.: 198/610
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (800/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Energy Sphere (500/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 3.00 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Fleet Feet | 20 P.P.E. | PF2 186 | 2.75 min | Double P.P., Spd, and APM. -2 Init, susceptible to surprise attacks. -20% using skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 458.75 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 98.75 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 52.75 min | 111/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Invulnerability | 2 of 3 charges | BOM 116 | .25 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 6/50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Magic Net (on warbird) | BOM 101 | 120' | 10' radius | Dodge 16 or higher | 2.75 min | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.
  • Multiple Image | 7 P.P.E. | BOM 102 | Self | 6.75 min | -4 to save vs Illusion | 3 identical images, +2 Init, +2 dodge, +1 Strike. Iron will dispel image.
  • Mystic Alarm | BOM 95 | 2 P.P.E. | 8 years | Affects one object, will activate if disturbed.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 97.75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 121.75 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • Nova Blast | 30 P.P.E. | DB13 121 | 2600' | .75 min | Dodge (people -2, fighters/shuttles -3, larger ships -4) | Use bonuses to Throw. 1d4x100 M.D. in space, 1d4x10 M.D. in atmosphere.
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 3.75 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 73.75 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 19.75 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell
  • Sense P.P.E. | NBMB 128 | 240' | 7.50 min | Acts like a geiger counter. Doesn't pick up magical emanations. Low 1-5 P.P.E. Typical 6-15, Medium 16-30, A lot 31-60, Vast 61-499, Incredible 500+
  • Shadesword | PF12 80 | Self | 15.50 min | 8d6 M.D. + Failed Save vs Magic has culmulative -2 Strike/Parry for next melee each additional success extends duration 1 melee.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 49.75 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Telepathy | 4 I.S.P. | 60' surface thoughts, 360 two way telepathic communication | 11.00 min |


The map so it's easier for me to find.

Invincible Armor Regeneration: 1d6 = 4 M.D.C.

Sunaj Leader Death Scene wrote:Grant finds himself atop a warehouse a thousand feet to the west as the pair emerge from the teleport. The grimace of surprise at Grant's sudden travel on the tail of the Sunaj leader is pronounced. Plunging the shadow blade into the netted form of his opponent, Grant watches as he grinds his teeth in pain. Finally he spits his blood at the Magus. "For hate's sake, I spit at thee." he exhales before snarling and coughing as his body convulses, the last traces of life leaving his body. Grant stands up in the light of the westering sun and looks back at the distant struggle of the Heroes for Hire.


Lore: D-Bee 114% vs 1d100 = 52 | Recognize the man as a True-Atlantean

Grant makes a quick warding with his hand as the Sunaj tries to curse him, which ends with a sigh as his enemy chokes. He drops heavily next to the being, looking at his human face and checking that Sunaj is truly dead. "Why?" Grant asks despite knowing that there is no answer coming. "When could I have ever done you wrong? You'd be alive if you had not attacked us."

He stands back up and looks around at where he's at. This must have been where they stopped to observe us, he thinks. I need to get back to the rest of the team. Didn't Weiss say something about Ashlynn? Focused as he was on the leader of the Sunaj, he can't recall what he actually said.

Ronith wrote:Along the way, he reaches out to Grant's mind. We are victorious, though not without cost. What is your status?


Grant nods his head to himself, and answers in reverse, I am fine. The Sunaj is dead, he looks human, but I don't think he is. I will bring the body back with me. What happened? Is everyone alright? The cool logic of the Lord Magi gives way to his concern for his friends.

The mage composes the body and casts Weightlessness (6 P.P.E.) on it and then Telekinesis (8 P.P.E.) to be able to easily move it with his mind. Grant picks up any dropped equipment. He moves to a wall (or open floor space), the body floating sedately behind him. He reaches out with his magic and casts Mystic Portal (20 P.P.E.) with the exit centered within the APC. When the image stabilizes, he sends the body through and follows it. Once on the other side, he closes the portal quickly and steps out of the APC into the waning light and looks to his friends. Seeing Ashlynn on the ground he runs over, his voice cracking a bit in concern, "John, is she dead?"

When he receives verbal confirmation that she still lives, or the rise and fall of her chest, he takes a closer look at her bloody body. Her arms, they are gone! "Where are her arms?" he commands, "Bring them to me! Quickly!" With a grimace, he takes the proffered limb So much sticky blood, ugh. The mage kneels down next to her and aligns the stump and limb. He casts Heal Wounds (10 P.P.E. 3d6 S.D.C + 1d6 H.P.) until he is sure she is stable. "I can reattach the arm, but the ritual takes a few minutes."

He begins casting the spell Restore Limb (80 P.P.E.). He chants and watches as the magic flares around her arm, magically knitting the arm back to her hurt. He then continues to cast Heal Wounds if needed, drawing upon his Energy Spheres to fuel his magic. When finished, he calls to her both mentally and out-loud, "Ashlynn, can you hear me? You look a mess., but I think you will live." Unable to contain his revulsion at being sticky any longer, he cast Cleanse (6 P.P.E.) upon himself and her.

He stands up a bit more shakey about having been this close to seeing a friend die than the combat they'd just gone through. Not wanting to say more than he has to, Grant asks, "What do we do, continue on, or head back? The mage got away, along with at least one of the mercenaries. Someone needs to take out that Warbird that I netted."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 51

Conditions
HP/MDC: 57/57
SDC: 181/181
Amphib Body Armor:
  • Helmet: 84/84 MDC
  • Left Arm: 60/60 MDC
  • Right Arm: 60/60 MDC
  • Main Body: 40/120 MDC
  • Left Leg: 72/72 MDC
  • Right Leg: 72/72 MDC
  • N-F20A: 75/75 MDC (ACTIVE)
Sustain:
  • Duration: 24 days
  • Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • BOM 109
Fly as an Eagle:
  • Duration: 459:00 minutes
  • Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack.
  • BOM 115
Tongues:
  • Duration: 50:00 minutes
  • Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • BOM 114


With the last Sunaj slain and the last merc both surrounded and surrendering, Barracuda's anger is able to slowly slip away like the retreating tide. King Tide begins to lose its glow as he releases the charge from it.
Ronith wrote:Aloud, he merely says "Barracuda, with me." Ronith then rushes over to Ashlynn's side.

Barracuda nods and flies after Ronith toward Ash. Barracuda stands back as Ronith checks in on her medically. I'm useless here. Come on Ronith, bring her back. Ash, if you pull through, I'll find you that dinosaur you wanted! Just be strong dammit! The storm of negative feelings rages in Barracuda's head.
Ronith wrote:"Get her back in the APC, and make sure Beltin and 'McGrath' are alright."

"Yes sir." Barracuda's concern reaches a peak when he's forced to come face to face with his friend lying in a puddle of her own blood. "Hey Ash. I'm gonna get you somewhere safe, OK?" He scoops her up and gets her secure in the APC. "I'll be right back, Ash. I've gotta go check on Beltin and Whyne. Don't. Don't leave. Heh." Fuck this is awful.
He heads back to McGrath-Whyne and says "Sorry about all the blood. You two alright? We cleared them all out."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:49 am

(rolls carried over)

Ashlynn groans involuntarily, feeling shifted from her place, and an odd tugging sensation at her right.

Someone wrote:"Ashlynn, can you hear me? You look a mess...."


Ashlynn's eyes flutter open. "Rr... rude." She coughs and chuckles.

Someone... else? wrote:"I'll be right back, Ash. I've gotta go... Don't. Don't leave. Heh."


"allrightseeyoulater..." Ashlynn's eyes flutter closed, but her shallow breathing continues.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 1/40
S.D.C.: 0/68


NG-A8 Scout Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35
• Arms: 0/25 each
• Legs: 40/40 each
• Main Body: 0/50
Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:13 pm

(rolls carried)

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn groans involuntarily, feeling shifted from her place, and an odd tugging sensation at her right.

Someone wrote:"Ashlynn, can you hear me? You look a mess...."


Ashlynn's eyes flutter open. "Rr... rude." She coughs and chuckles.


"Thank the three!" Grant exclaims, relief very much in evidence on his face and tone of voice. "Rude? I am just stating the obvious. If you want to talk about rude, we can discuss later about almost dying. You've probably got a serious scolding coming from John soon." There should be some blankets in here, he thinks as he turns to rummage through the lockers. A few of the lockers are closed by leaning on them as Grant doesn't take much time to put things back exactly where he found them. Once he has the blanket, he's back at Ashlynn's side. "These will help keep you comfortable."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 57 / 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 40
A: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

As the Sunaj's body hits the ground with a squishy thud, Alaus gives a sigh of relief or a second or two. He quickly scans the vicinity for any lingering threats. He also watches the commotion of the others trying to help save the life of their friend. Watching, a sense of helplessness creeps in.

I wish there was something I could do to help. Anyone else have any ideas or skills that might help? Such a pretty young thing to die or early in life. Unfortunately I do not. A life of entertainment does not leave much for anything else. Besides, it looks as she is in good hands with the other members. If we could only talk to Jessie, she might know of something but then again she never talks with us. Death just a part of life. There wouldn't be much living if we never died. We need to look around for any leftovers. I could still use a workout. Ivor, how many times have I said if you ain't going to help them keep your depressing thoughts to yourself.

Alays makes a lap around the APC as the others load Ashlynn in. Afterwards he takes up a defensive position near the entrance of the APC. Readying his weapon in case of another attack. He waits patiently for excitement to die down and the next set of orders to be given.

Detect Ambush 50% - 1d100 = 77
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:16 am

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 8, Original post: 1d100 = 89
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 100 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)


Ashlynn wrote:"Guh... gather the... the broken... " She coughs... Ashlynn wants to grab the man, make him hear, but her hands won't respond. "Tame... river... fuh...find... "
Once Ashlynn is safe inside the APC, Ronith lays a hand on her and eases her onto a cot (or appropriate other surface). "Easy, Ashlynn. Save your strength- we can talk later."

Grant Latham wrote:I am fine. The Sunaj is dead, he looks human, but I don't think he is. I will bring the body back with me. What happened? Is everyone alright?
Return the corpse here if you can. By all accounts the Sunaj are among the most enigmatic of the Splugorth servitor races. This could be an invaluable opportunity to learn more about them. Ashlynn has been severely wounded- I believe she is stabilized, but for now make sure that is the case is our priority. Return as swiftly as you are able.

Grant Latham wrote:"What do we do, continue on, or head back? The mage got away, along with at least one of the mercenaries. Someone needs to take out that Warbird that I netted."
Once Grant is returned and draws Ronith's attention to the netted warbird, the cyber-knight quietly says "I shall handle it." He will calmly walk over to the beast, observe its struggles for a moment, and then reverse Frostfang's blade and dispatch it with a single, clean stroke.

Afterwards, Ronith spots Alays' off by himself and approaches. "You did well. Keep an eye on the prisoner" he motions to the captured mercenary "and the surrounding area as you can. We shall be moving out soon, one way or the other."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:22 am

Perception 41% 1d100 = 58
JIC 1d100 = 58 1d20 = 5

Ronith wrote:"With luck, Frostfang stabilized her. If not, just do what you can. I shall be there as soon as I can."


"Not sure it did a whole lot actually. No doctor and all, but considering her injuries, I think that only healed a few cuts." Weiss remarks darkly to himself, keeping it off the radio.

Now hang in there kiddo

Virtus wrote:Weiss is shocked and pleased as Ashlynn's eyes snap open and a moaning gasp is taken. She is moving slowly but incoherently, but ALIVE!


Ashlynn wrote:W... wweiss?" Another shuddering breath, then "Wha?"


"Relax kiddo," Weiss' voice

"Ash is alive and breathing and kinda awake," he lets the rest of the team know.


Ashlynn wrote:"Guh... gather the... the broken... " She coughs... Ashlynn wants to grab the man, make him hear, but her hands won't respond. "Tame... river... fuh...find... " She coughs anew, the force of it racking her body as her lungs work in vain to replenish the flow of oxygen to her organs with too little blood.

She shuts her eyes, concentrating on breathing, the breaths coming short and shallow. Her head lolls again, this time to the right, and her eyes see the remains of her right arm reaching uselessly out. "Mm.. my arm..."


"Save your strength and tell us later," he reassures her, as he places a reassuring hand on her shoulder

Ashlynn wrote:She manages a faint smile. "Uh... wweiss..." She coughs. "I... I think... I let myself... get disarmed." She shudders, and manages a weak, raspy laugh.


Weiss gives her a faint smile behind his helmet that she can't see and gives a little chuckle.
Poor kid, she is probably going to need a load of cybernetics


Grant Latham wrote:"John, is she dead?"


"Alive, clinging in there, but still looks to be a bad way. he looks at the mage as he arrives, reaching up to run his hand through his hair, then remembering he is wearing a helmet. "Her arms are pretty messed up.

Grant Latham wrote:"Where are her arms?" he commands, "Bring them to me! Quickly!" With a grimace, he takes the proffered limb So much sticky blood, ugh. The mage kneels down next to her and aligns the stump and limb. He casts Heal Wounds (10 P.P.E. 3d6 S.D.C + 1d6 H.P.) until he is sure she is stable. "I can reattach the arm, but the ritual takes a few minutes."


"Frak," Weiss swears as he starts looking around for her missing body part, suddenly hopeful that Ash can be restored to something
"she was over here." he says to the others, directing anybody to look, though considering her injuries, it could easily If he finds her arm, he brings it back to Grant, trying not to lose any bits that might be only just clinging on.


Ronith wrote:To Weiss, Ronith adds "You did well, and probably saved her life. Tend to your robot- I shall be along to provide what aid I can once I have secured the area."


"Bear in mind this one," he points at the female merc nearby with his rifle, "is also our prisoner. She hasn't tried to escape, but she can psychically affect technology."

He looks at the state of Sir Ronith, with ragged armour and multiple wounds somewhat surprised. From what Grant, Ben and Beltin were saying, Ronith was normally indestructable.

"How are you holding up? he asks their leader, somewhat concerned considering how battered he looks, "If you need it, there is a set of Crusader EBA in the APC, considering yours is mostly falling off you. I can do some repairs, but honestly that armour might be a write off."

He keeps an eye on everyone as he makes his way over to the Beauty. He enters the pilot compartment and begins running tests to fully ascertain the damage


OOC Comments
General Repair & Maintenance 74% 1d100 = 90
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 74% 1d100 = 99
Mechanical Engineer 34% 1d100 = 54
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:26 am

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 8, Original post: 1d100 = 89
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 100 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)


Weiss wrote:"How are you holding up? he asks their leader, somewhat concerned considering how battered he looks, "If you need it, there is a set of Crusader EBA in the APC, considering yours is mostly falling off you. I can do some repairs, but honestly that armour might be a write off."
Ronith looks down at his shredded form abashedly. "I am afraid you are right, but do not worry about me. Ashlynn is our priority now. I shall see about obtaining a replacement suit when we return to Merctown- the other wounds will heal in time. For now, Grant's magical protection shall have to suffice."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:19 pm

rolls carried

Ronith wrote:Ronith looks down at his shredded form abashedly. "I am afraid you are right, but do not worry about me. Ashlynn is our priority now. I shall see about obtaining a replacement suit when we return to Merctown- the other wounds will heal in time. For now, Grant's magical protection shall have to suffice."


Weiss activates the Razor on his suit, the device sliding up over his shoulder to keep their conversation private; partly in case Ronith disagreed and to protect the knowledge about the Door.

"If we are still planning to go through the Door to find McGrath," he reminds Ronith, "in a location where we are told magic reserves replenish very slowly, then I recommend that everybody be armoured. Who knows what we will encounter in there and honestly, wandering around in the almost buff is not exactly the best image to present especially as the authorities will be here soon."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Previous

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests