Beyond Broken Door

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:43 am

Barracuda

The man smiles sadly looking at it. "That is an odd piece there. A man that smelled of the sea brought it in a year or so ago. When I was young I lived near an ocean and knew that smell. Also knew that anyone not accustomed to it would run the opposite direction unless they had experience near tides. He was in need of money so I made him an offer. I think it needs repaired. I've never seen the like and do not know where it has come from. I have more to it. It is held in suspension right now. From what I can tell, it is or was alive. Are you interested? Make me an offer. I meant to have a better look at it, but time has passed and now its collecting dust."

Alays

Alays takes his leave of the group, mentioning another paycheck he needed to collect. And as abruptly as he arrived, he departs bidding everyone farewell.

Parts

Horne shakes his head. "No, I'm afraid your own home in Merctown will have ten fold more when it comes to tactical robots. Or if one dares it, the ruins of Tolkeen. It is an area I have virtually no expertise in."

Back in Merctown

The battered APC is unloaded while everyone Stretches Weiss looks for Zac who Marit finds easily. He smiles and embraces him briefly looking embarrassed in front of everyone, particularly the strangers.

Zoe's disagreement with the worker seems to be prolonged and she hasn't yet come to greet everyone. Listening carefully, it would seem that the worker is more of a courier. Zoe seems to be nearing the of her tolerance. "Look, we don't need a messenger, a delivery person, courier or anything else. I don't care what this Captain Clooney said."

Ronith

While everyone disembarks and begins unpacking, Sir Ninevar's request for the new Lord of Granite Hall to visit returns to his thoughts. If Heroes for Hire is to be without Grant intermittently for a while, now might be as good of time as any.

Zoe's words carry to Ronith and the name Clooney awakens Ronith's mind. Clooney was the Captain of the Reclamation.

Grant

Grant also remembers the Captain of the Reclamation. He looks at the person Zoe is engaged with. She is a human woman with pink hair and a motorcycle.

Josie

Working as a courier has been good enough money, but the thrill of danger was often hit and miss. With what time is left to a juicer, you wanted to do more now. After delivery of some parts for a generator just outside of Houstown, you were chatting with some work hands on a ship called the Reclamation when Captain Clooney had overheard. "You know there was a crew that had just went through here. Heroes for Hire out of Merctown. They made quite the spash over in Houstown or so I've heard. If you feel like dying young, which it looks like you do, Talk to Sir Ronith. He doesn't owe me anything, maybe the other way around. Anyhow, talk to to see if he has work. I've seen folk like him before. They're always neck deep in trouble and always short handed."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 45
JIC: 1d20 = 13 and 1d100 = 96

Laying on his bed in his room Jack lazily watches Shadow and Ice Bear run around and play. What a strange feeling to have such a laissez faire day. I can just stay hear, go get a sandwich. Just relax. Wow. No hunting, searching, non of that. He opens himself to shadow and an amazing feel of joy and playfulness overwhelm him. Maybe I could go see what Ashlyn is up to, or Yojimbo. I think everyone else had real plans or some such. I could go and chase the workers around and bite their feet. In a moment Jack realizes his last thought and looks down to see shadow sitting still looking up at him.

"You are a mischievous one aren't you," he says with a smile. "I suppose we could go cause some trouble for the workers but. I am not biting anyone's feet." A surprisingly sad look shows on shadows face and it almost seems as if she looks to Ice Bear and shakes her head. Did she just tell him it isn't happening? I must be hallucinating.

Jack reaches out and down to the floor to pick the two ferrets up. "Come on you little rats, lets go see what we can find in the kitchen to eat." He puts the furry kids on his shoulders and heads down to the kitchen. "At least with you guys around I don't have to feel like I am talking to myself anymore. That's a positive" On his way to the kitchen he looks for Ashlynn and Yojimbo, if/when he finds either he will ask if they would like to join him for a bite to eat followed by a game of "flick pickles at the workers". "It is going to be super epic, I am telling you. You will have a blast," he tells them.

If he comes across Ronith at all during his travels in the house he will immediately say, "Sir Rontih, I really wanted to say that no matter what they say about elves I truly don't even believe your one at all. You are the best. Not stuck up what so ever. Really, Thank you for letting me be a part of your team." He will of course invite him to join Jack in the kitchen for lunch and a game of pickle flicking.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:30 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 12
1d100 = 93

Grant wrote:"These are for your familiars, they are literally your lives now, you must protect them accordingly. There is enough chain there to make three necklaces, but you'll need to get them sized by a jeweler. Remember each charm can be used three times before the magic is used up."


Ashlynn takes a chain and the three small talismans for Huey, and looks up at Grant. Wordlessly, she flings her arms around him.

"Thank you SO MUCH!" She pulls back, and examines the talismans - identical in function and appearance to her own. She grins. "This... There's no... Grant, you're amazing. Thank you."

She looks down at Huey, lounging by her feet. The fat little dragon opens one eye, just a slit, and glances up at her.

It chuffs a little puff of smoke as if asking a question. He's curious. She smiles and kneels down. "These are for you, from Mr. Grant. They'll keep you safe - see? they're just like mine!" She shows him each one and tells him how - and when - to activate them, before adding "Don't use them if you don't need to - once the magic is gone, it's gone. They're for emergencies only."

Huey, for his part, burps and closes his eye. A person might think he didn't register any of that, but the feeling he emanates at Ashlynn is unmistakeable. Gratitude. She smiles up at Grant. "Huey says 'Thank you'."

Ashlynn carries Huey and her gear up to her room, and strips out of her armor and back into the clothes gifted to her by Mr. Horne. She takes a look at her scarred right arm, very obvious in the clothes she's in, and feels... exposed and weak. A nudge at her leg brings her around, and she sees Huey at her feet. Hungry, he emotes at her. She smiles at him. "Okay big fella. Let's see what they got in the kitchen."




Kitchen

Ashlynn enters the kitchen, her bookwyrm trundling, raccoon-like, at her feet. I wonder if he can fly? I've only ever seen him walking. Or sleeping. She sees Jack rummaging around.

"Hi!" She grins. "Your little ones got a case of the munchies too?" She begins rummaging around, looking for lean foods a smallish dragon might enjoy. I better not feed him real fatty foods - he needs to eat healthier and get some exercise. Seeing some fish, she looks down at Huey. "How 'bout some fish? You like fish?"

Huey's mouth droops open, his forked tongue lolling out. "Fish it is, then." She takes two fishes, carries them to the counter, and cuts them into small strips. Better not give him too much at once.

As she works, Jack describes his plan: to ascend to the roof and fling pickles at the workers.

Jack wrote:"It is going to be super epic, I am telling you. You will have a blast,"


Ashlynn smiles, but looks embarrassed. "I can't throw food at the workers... they're cleaning up my mess! But the rest sounds good! Huey - you wanna see the city? We'll go up to the roof to eat, and you can perch up there and claim your domain."

Ashlynn could swear he arches an eyebrow at her, but its gone in an instant. "...And eat this fish?"

Huey chuffs happily.

"We're in."

As they head to the roof, Ashlynn is preoccupied with the promises she's made - her promise to teach Zac how to ride a motorcycle, her promise to help Weiss find his wife, her new obligation to Huey. As they climb to the roof exit, she feels the weight of these burdens. But she also feels oddly happy.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 7

Living Sea armor?! Holy crap this is screaming my name! Barracuda! Take me home! Barracuda tries to play it cool. "Uh... yeah. Can I see the other piece?" When the shopkeep brings the rest of the armor out and Barracuda can see the whole thing, he says "I'm definitely interested. This seems to have an aquatic theme to it. It was alive once, you say? That seems like it'd probably add a bit to the cost. I'm not a rich guy by any means. But how does 525,000 credits sound?"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:21 am

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 56
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 40

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/78
  • P.P.E.: 636/610
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 23 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.


Grand nods and smiles at Ashlynn as she wanders off with the charms. His smile turns wistful as he watches her walk away. Binding herself to that animal may be the best or worst decision of her life. His gaze follows her as she leaves the room, watching the slightly imprecise movements of her arms. Perhaps her near death experience is the cause. But to link herself like that? The mages eyes dart up towards the heavens. But have not done something similar to the Three? I can feel the changes being wrought to my body just as they've said, faster than what my new memories suggest. He shakes the thoughts away, Perhaps she too will sum greater than her parts.

Grant turns back and checks his items, he considers switching to his Lord Magi armor but decides against it. Not much more to do here, it's time to go and find out what Dwoemer wills.

He walks out to say good bye.

Grant also remembers the Captain of the Reclamation. He looks at the person Zoe is engaged with. She is a human woman with pink hair and a motorcycle.


He walks forward to join Sir Ronith and Zoey, casting See Aura as he joins them and examines the woman with pink hair. "I would have thought Captain Clooney would be glad to be rid of us. Is he in trouble?" Grant asks. Once introductions and such occur, Grant adds, "Sir Ronith it is time for me to depart if I am going to keep my appointment in Dweomer. Fare well, I shall be back." He turns to Josie and says, "Welcome to the team."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 45
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 13 and Original post: 1d100 = 96


Kitchen

Ashlynn wrote:"Hi!" She grins. "Your little ones got a case of the munchies too?" She begins rummaging around, looking for lean foods a smallish dragon might enjoy. I better not feed him real fatty foods - he needs to eat healthier and get some exercise. Seeing some fish, she looks down at Huey. "How 'bout some fish? You like fish?"

Huey's mouth droops open, his forked tongue lolling out. "Fish it is, then." She takes two fishes, carries them to the counter, and cuts them into small strips. Better not give him too much at once.

As she works, Jack describes his plan: to ascend to the roof and fling pickles at the workers.

Ashlynn smiles, but looks embarrassed. "I can't throw food at the workers... they're cleaning up my mess! But the rest sounds good! Huey - you wanna see the city? We'll go up to the roof to eat, and you can perch up there and claim your domain."

Ashlynn could swear he arches an eyebrow at her, but its gone in an instant. "...And eat this fish?"

Huey chuffs happily.

"We're in."


Ashlynn asks Jack about his critters being hungry and he replies, "Actaully. They were just playing. I was the one with the munchies." He smirks and thinks to himself, I wonder if ferrets get fat. He looks over at Huey and thinks, Looks like dragons do.

When Ashlyn agrees to head to the roof Jack is elated, "This is going to be so much fun! Does Huey like pickles? Maybe we can toss the pickles in the air and see if he will jump to catch them." Jack grabs a jar of sliced pickles and heads to the roof with Ashlyn.
OOC Comments
Hoping GM doesn't get mad at my assumption they are there. :D


Roof Top

On the roof top Jack looks down, he can see Grant, Zoe and some chick with pink hair. In between bites of his sandwich, with his mouth full of course, he says to ash, "Who is the biker chick with Zoe and Grant?" Then Jack reaches in the pickle jar and attempts to flick a pickle into the air above Huey. "Can he fly?" Then Jack take another bite of his sandwich before breaking small pieces off and giving them to Shadow and Ice bear.

What a beautiful day it is! Good sandwich, great company. Almost feels like the world didn't even go to shit. After finishing his sandwich Jack reaches into the pickle jar and grabs a handful of pickles. In sequence he eats one and then flicks one over the side of the building, he continues doing this until the handful is gone. "Someone needs to feed the birds." Should a pickle hit one of the workers Jack will bust into uncontrollable laughter.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 63/37%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 19
JIC (100): 1d100 = 23




Jack McDermott wrote:On his way to the kitchen he looks for Ashlynn and Yojimbo, if/when he finds either he will ask if they would like to join him for a bite to eat followed by a game of "flick pickles at the workers". "It is going to be super epic, I am telling you. You will have a blast," he tells them.


Yojimbo, having just finished discussing some things with Ronith and Grant, sees Jack on his way to the kitchen.

Flick pickles? Is this some sort of custom?

Skill Roll
Anthropology (see if "flick pickles" is some kind of custom Yojimbo is unfamiliar with, and the proper response to Jack's invitation to partake) --> 1d100 = 61/42%


"I must confess, Jack - I am unfamiliar with this custom. What does it entail?" asks the metallic behemoth.

Grant Latham wrote:He walks forward to join Sir Ronith and Zoey, casting See Aura as he joins them and examines the woman with pink hair. "I would have thought Captain Clooney would be glad to be rid of us. Is he in trouble?" Grant asks. Once introductions and such occur, Grant adds, "Sir Ronith it is time for me to depart if I am going to keep my appointment in Dweomer. Fare well, I shall be back." He turns to Josie and says, "Welcome to the team."


Yojimbo catches Grant on the way out. "My apologies if this is inappropriate, Lord Magus. I overheard you saying you are leaving and have an appointment in Dweomer. Do you visit often? I still have many questions about my... 'experience' behind that strange door, and of the unusual circumstances leading to my loss of... several years. Would you be able to, perhaps, point me in the right direction here in Merctown to acquire appropriate counsel regarding these things, if such exists, during your absence?"

Then again, I do have people to see here in Merctown that I have not seen in... well, what I thought was months, but it is apparently years. I wonder if the same people are still here?
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:22 pm

(rolls carried)

Yojimbo wrote:Yojimbo catches Grant on the way out. "My apologies if this is inappropriate, Lord Magus. I overheard you saying you are leaving and have an appointment in Dweomer. Do you visit often? I still have many questions about my... 'experience' behind that strange door, and of the unusual circumstances leading to my loss of... several years. Would you be able to, perhaps, point me in the right direction here in Merctown to acquire appropriate counsel regarding these things, if such exists, during your absence?"


Grant looks up at the Holy Terror, "This is the first time I've been summoned to service by Dweomer. I've spent very little time in that city." He ponders for a moment, "I can't think of anyone," who isn't an evil bastard like that Temporal Raider, Dolgroth, "by name here in MercTown that I could point you too. The next best bet would be to inquire at the Collegiate Arcane and Mage Guild."

With his innate sense of ley lines and nexi, Grant points towards the nexus in Merctown, "The guild is located that way at the nexus located here in the city. There are, oh, probably a few hundred practitioners of the magical arts in various different disciplines. I am sure that you could trade an opportunity to examine you for their help in discovering what happened. You may also want to take the psychic route, I don't know all of Beltin's abilities, but if he can't, he might know of a mystic or psychic individual who might be able to assist."

He puts a hand on Yojimbo's forearm, "I think I have at least a little understanding of your desire to figure out what happened to you. There does seem to be an aspect of pre-determination in us finding you. We've had many unlikely coincidences since we began our own search for the Whither Gate. Do not let it unsettle your mind, I suspect an answer will come in time."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 45
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 13 and Original post: 1d100 = 96


On there way to the roof Jack see Yojimbo to join them.

Yojimbo wrote:Flick pickles? Is this some sort of custom?
"I must confess, Jack - I am unfamiliar with this custom. What does it entail?" asks the metallic behemoth.


Oh this is going to be priceless, he thinks to himself as the Yojimbo explains he is not sure what the game is. "Well Yojimbo, It is a custom here that when there are people working on your home and they are doing a good job that you reward them with food. We do this by flicking the food to them so they can eat with out interruption of work. The guys outside are doing such a wonderful job that we are going to flick some fickles to them," Well at them "so they can have a mid day snack. It really is a wonderful compliment to the skill and talent they provide for us. You can flick all kinds of food to them. We just happened to pick pickles today. So, would you like to flick a pack of pickles with us? It is a beautiful day for pickle flicking if I do say so myself."

Jack looks up at Yojimbo with his best attempt at a soft and trustworthy expression. This is going to be epic. I bet he can hit someone a bock away. Look at those claws. They are perfect for pickle flicking. "It will give us some time to get to know each other as well. You know, team bonding. So what do you say?" Jack continues on tot he roof and wave for Yojimbo to follow, "Come on big fella, What's the worst that can happen?"
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:01 am

Perception 50% 1d100 = 10
JIC 1d100 = 48 1d20 = 9

Weiss wraps his arms around his son and won't let him go, despite Zac's obvious annoyance after more than a few seconds. Hate not being here for him.

"Hey Kiddo, missed you." Weiss pats his son's cheek, a big wide smile at seeing him. Zac smiles back.

Zac looks over at Ashlynn and mouths thank you at her.


Grant Latham wrote:He walks forward to join Sir Ronith and Zoey, casting See Aura as he joins them and examines the woman with pink hair. "I would have thought Captain Clooney would be glad to be rid of us. Is he in trouble?" Grant asks. Once introductions and such occur, Grant adds, "Sir Ronith it is time for me to depart if I am going to keep my appointment in Dweomer. Fare well, I shall be back." He turns to Josie and says, "Welcome to the team."


"Grant," Weiss calls over to the mage, "before you go, have the power to fix the structural damage on both the APC and the Beauty? That way, I only have to replace the destroyed components on both of them?


As Weiss calls over to Grant, Zac looks askance at him mentioning the damage. At that point, he also spots Ronith not wearing his main armour and Ash wearing a different suit.

"What did you do to her?" Zac cries out at Weiss, "Are you hurt?" he starts patting his father down, checking for injuries, "where did this armour come from?"


"Zac, Zac, Zac," Weiss takes his son's arms away from him; he feels awful for worrying his son. This is not the life Jaz and I wanted for you.

"I'm fine. The Beauty got damaged. Occupational hazard, stop stressing. I'm fine. Not even a scratch on me. See!" He points to the immaculate armour without a scratch on the surface.

"if you want somebody to worry about, Ash got hurt. She's good now, but she also has a new friend. I'm sure she'll be happy to show you."


Zac looks over at Jack and Yojimbo and then looks back at his father, a curious and bemused look on his face. It takes Weiss a second to realise what the look was in aid of as he looks over at them and back at Zac.

"No, not them .. well, not what I meant. Ash has a pet, some kind of strange dragon creature that I'm sure needs to exercise." Weiss shakes his head, laughing a little bit.
"These are new guys... well guy Jack and yes that is his face and whatever Yojimbo exactly qualifies as."

"He looks more like me than you do." Zac gently ribs his father.

"If you'd like, he can sort out your dinner."

Zac pulls at the pommel

"Why?"

Weiss unsheaths it and gives it a twirl. "Magical. I'll give you a few lessons on how to use this later on." Zac nods in appreciation "You get any shooting practice in?" Zac pulls a face and shakes his hand.

OOC Comments
For the new characters, Zac is about 12 years old and is a D'Norr Devilman teenager. Oddly enough he and Zac look nothing alike.


As the others start to split up, Weiss (and possibly Zac if he does not go with Ash) heads back into the garage. He checks over what is in the workshop tool and material wise, before he starts jotting down on his pocket computer all the parts he will need to fix

Head over to the beauty later. Can fix some of her, but definitely going to need to scour the salvage yards for anything useful.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:57 am

Grant Latham wrote:Grant looks up at the Holy Terror, "This is the first time I've been summoned to service by Dweomer. I've spent very little time in that city." He ponders for a moment, "I can't think of anyone," who isn't an evil bastard like that Temporal Raider, Dolgroth, "by name here in MercTown that I could point you too. The next best bet would be to inquire at the Collegiate Arcane and Mage Guild."

With his innate sense of ley lines and nexi, Grant points towards the nexus in Merctown, "The guild is located that way at the nexus located here in the city. There are, oh, probably a few hundred practitioners of the magical arts in various different disciplines. I am sure that you could trade an opportunity to examine you for their help in discovering what happened. You may also want to take the psychic route, I don't know all of Beltin's abilities, but if he can't, he might know of a mystic or psychic individual who might be able to assist."

He puts a hand on Yojimbo's forearm, "I think I have at least a little understanding of your desire to figure out what happened to you. There does seem to be an aspect of pre-determination in us finding you. We've had many unlikely coincidences since we began our own search for the Whither Gate. Do not let it unsettle your mind, I suspect an answer will come in time."


"Thank you, Lord Magus. Your advice is well heeded and I hope to be able to repay it someday. Be safe in your travels, and I look forward to conversing and more with you upon your return," says the Holy Terror.

I shall have to visit this Collegiate Arcane when I visit the town and my acquaintances he thinks as he turns and runs into Jack.

Jack McDermott wrote:"Well Yojimbo, It is a custom here that when there are people working on your home and they are doing a good job that you reward them with food. We do this by flicking the food to them so they can eat with out interruption of work. The guys outside are doing such a wonderful job that we are going to flick some fickles to them," Well at them "so they can have a mid day snack. It really is a wonderful compliment to the skill and talent they provide for us. You can flick all kinds of food to them. We just happened to pick pickles today. So, would you like to flick a pack of pickles with us? It is a beautiful day for pickle flicking if I do say so myself."

Jack looks up at Yojimbo with his best attempt at a soft and trustworthy expression. This is going to be epic. I bet he can hit someone a bock away. Look at those claws. They are perfect for pickle flicking. "It will give us some time to get to know each other as well. You know, team bonding. So what do you say?" Jack continues on tot he roof and wave for Yojimbo to follow, "Come on big fella, What's the worst that can happen?"


Yojimbo nods at Jack. "It is a wise and useful custom to reward hard work. Though, I am uncertain the roof of this building will support my weight. I am rather heavy, you see."

Perhaps... yes, that is a solution! he thinks to himself.

The Holy Terror says to Jack, "Go ahead to the roof and I will see you outside shortly."

He then goes to the garage/workshop area and puts all of his equipment down in a neat pile in an unused corner.

OOC Comments
I don't know where Yojimbo is supposed to put his gear, or if he has a "room", or what, so I'm using that "space" as such for the moment.


Weiss wrote:
OOC Comments
For the new characters, Zac is about 12 years old and is a D'Norr Devilman teenager. Oddly enough he and Zac look nothing alike.


As the others start to split up, Weiss (and possibly Zac if he does not go with Ash) heads back into the garage. He checks over what is in the workshop tool and material wise, before he starts jotting down on his pocket computer all the parts he will need to fix


Yojimbo sees the boy with Weiss and how they interact.

Fascinating. He seems to look like a demon or devil of some kind, but does not register as supernaturally evil, and Weiss looks to treat him as family. I should learn more about the D-bees of this world so I can tell the difference and not make an incorrect judgement that could lead to heartbreak or regret.

If Zac notices Yojimbo looking, he will nod and slowly approach so as not to startle or alarm the young man.. He will then kneel so as to be closer to eye-level and not be so intimidating.

"Hello. I am Yojimbo. Jack has invited me to the 'pickle flicking' custom of feeding hard workers. Unfortunately, I fear my weight may be a problem for the roof, so I will await outside to facilitate the transition of food to the workers. He promises great fun. Would you like to join Jack on the rooftop for the ceremonial pickle flicking?" he says in the most solemn and serious of tones as he looks over at Weiss for approval.

Assuming Weiss approves or does not intervene, he then goes outside.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:12 am

JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 20
PER: 1d100 = 80 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.


Military fortification- 1d100 = 88 vs. 71%
To help with rebuilding as he can

Ronith will let Whyne go, and is happy to let Bogg hitch a ride back to town (barring any objection from Grant). He will remain silent and pensive during the trip back, keeping his own counsel as he mulls over the various clues and tasks that appear to be accumulating in the group’s path. His charge to actually visit the Granite Hall being foremost among them.
Virtus wrote:While everyone disembarks and begins unpacking, Sir Ninevar's request for the new Lord of Granite Hall to visit returns to his thoughts. If Heroes for Hire is to be without Grant intermittently for a while, now might be as good of time as any.
Ronith has little to do beyond replace his body armor back in town, and sell the gems they acquired so that the whole team can actually get paid. That company business will have to be his first order of business- but with Grant leaving, Ronith faces the prospect of a somewhat lengthy journey to reach the Granite Hall. Perhaps it would be best if I left the team here. With a shrug, Ronith sets his musings aside for the time being. First things first- the team has a lot of new recruits to get settled.

Grant Latham wrote:"Beltin has a device that can project another's thoughts holographically. Perhaps we should ask to borrow it from him and you can show us what the woman looks like. That way if any of us come across her we may recognize her."
Ronith nods his agreement with Grant’s response to Yojimbo’s story. ”I know little of clairvoyance and similar visions, but they have had a way of cropping up for us ever since Houstown. I agree with Grant; Beltin has the most experience of any of us with such things, and he may be able to aid in your interpretation of the vision. Otherwise, all he can do is help you share an image of this girl so that we are alert for her. Perhaps if you stay with the team your vision’s meaning will become clear in time.”

Virtus wrote:Zoe's words carry to Ronith and the name Clooney awakens Ronith's mind. Clooney was the Captain of the Reclamation.
The cyber-knight has had occasion to think about the damage wrought to the Haven by the Sunaj, and is eager for a progress report on the rebuilding. Zoe’s mention of Captain Clooney piques Ronith’s attention, and he walks over. Potentially overhearing Zoe’s last sentence, Ronith attempts to smoothly insert himself into the conversation. ”Hello, Zoe, we are returned. How goes the reconstruction? And who might this be?” Ronith indicates the courier. ”I heard someone mention Captain Clooney, I trust he is well?” Should any request for employment be forthcoming, Ronith frowns in response. ”We are a mercenary outfit, typically with little need for courier services. Do you possess any other skills?”

Jack McDermott wrote:If he comes across Ronith at all during his travels in the house he will immediately say, "Sir Rontih, I really wanted to say that no matter what they say about elves I truly don't even believe your one at all. You are the best. Not stuck up what so ever. Really, Thank you for letting me be a part of your team."
Largely bumming around the Haven in the immediate aftermath of their return, Ronith is likely to bump into Jack. Upon hearing this, Ronith offers a crooked smile. I do believe that this is a first. Deadpan, he replies ”That is likely because I am a High Elf. Our Asgardian stock offers many advantages over others you may have encountered- no doubt this is one of them. Make sure and mention it to Zoe, will you?” Having accomplished his mission to drive his old friend nuts for one day, Ronith chuckles to himself and is on his way.

Grant Latham wrote:"Sir Ronith it is time for me to depart if I am going to keep my appointment in Dweomer. Fare well, I shall be back."
Ronith nods and clasps Grant’s hand. ”Be well, and see you soon.”

((I will save shopping stuff for a subsequent post, once the adventure thread is formally wrapped up, but that’s Ronith’s major task before he leaves.))
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 4/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:34 am

(rolls carried)

Weiss wrote:"Grant," Weiss calls over to the mage, "before you go, have the power to fix the structural damage on both the APC and the Beauty? That way, I only have to replace the destroyed components on both of them?


As Weiss calls over to Grant, Zac looks askance at him mentioning the damage. At that point, he also spots Ronith not wearing his main armour and Ash wearing a different suit.

"What did you do to her?" Zac cries out at Weiss, "Are you hurt?" he starts patting his father down, checking for injuries, "where did this armour come from?"


"Zac, Zac, Zac," Weiss takes his son's arms away from him; he feels awful for worrying his son. This is not the life Jaz and I wanted for you.

"I'm fine. The Beauty got damaged. Occupational hazard, stop stressing. I'm fine. Not even a scratch on me. See!" He points to the immaculate armour without a scratch on the surface.

"if you want somebody to worry about, Ash got hurt. She's good now, but she also has a new friend. I'm sure she'll be happy to show you."


Hand on the door knob, Grant hesitates a moment. What will the penalty be if I am late? he wonders. He turns back to Weiss, and says, "The spell can't..." he stops as he sees Zac's reaction to the news. He changes his tone, "Let's see what I can do." He goes into the garage and looks at the slightly crumpled robot. He walks around it. He opens his inner eye to the magical energy of the ley line that pulses in and around Heroes Have and begins pulling in energy. Little motes of bluish particles rush towards the mage from the air as he absorbs energy from the line. "I need your help," he says softly to the ley line, "the damage is severe, lend me your strength." He rests his hands on the first damaged piece of the Blue Beauty that he can reach.

He invokes Mend the Broken, the words of power leaving his lips over and over as he touches an armored plate or structural component. The magic flows out of Grant onto the damage pieces, each one creaks and pops as the object is returned to it's original shape, matter condensing out of the air to fill in gaps of missing of missing material

Mend the Broken: 1 M.D.C. per 30 P.P.E. Won't fix electronics or other complicated items. Grant can restore about 60 M.D.C. per 20 minutes recharges his reserves from the ley line. This post as 210 M.D.C., along with many other things wrong. Grant will spend about an hour, before he will stop to leave.

"John, I do not believe there is much more I can do, and my time to report is upon me, I am most likely going to be late. Hopefully what work is left to be done is easily done," Grant says as he shakes John's hand.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:17 am

(Rolls carried over)

Jack wrote:"This is going to be so much fun! Does Huey like pickles? Maybe we can toss the pickles in the air and see if he will jump to catch them."


Ashlynn smiles. "I don't know, but we can try! I sliced up some fish for him, too."

When Ashlynn sees Zac, she waits for him to finish with his dad, And gives him a smile and a hug. "I'm gonna go hang out topside - you can come if you want."





Jack wrote:"Can he fly?"


Ashlynn scrutinizes the portly little wyrm. "He's supposed to be able to, books say. I'm sure he's a marvelous little flier." And if not, big guy, we'll get you there.
Ashlynn tries to toss a piece of fish up for Huey to catch. He trundles toward it as it is in the air, but doesn't catch it before it hits the roof. He waddles over and scarfs it down.

"Not like that, you silly. Catch it!"

She tries again, a short, gentle toss directly to him. He hops up and catches it, slurping it back as he lands, his wings beating madly.

YAY! That's the way!!"

She tsses slice after slice, and he catches them. Slowly, she begins tossing them higher, and farther. Huey gets the point, and begins taking to the air the moment she throws. Every time he catches one, she shouts, "YEAH! THAT'S IT!"

After the first of the two fishes are gone, she decides to test him a bit more. "Okay - let's see if you can catch it out in the open." She tosses a slice off the roof. He flaps madly after it, but misses it before it hits the ground. He struggles, but returns to the roof, looking annoyed.

"Sorry about that. Ya gotta be faster!" She tries again. Again, Huey fails to reach the fish before it hits the dirt. He eats it anyway and returns to Ashlynn's side.

"Here," she says, standing up. She dusts off her pants, and steps toward the edge of the roof.

She turns to Jack. "Pickle me."

If Jack tosses it to her, she'll catch it, and then fling high and wide over the roof's edge.

If Jack flicks it over the edge, she says "Like this!" and dives off the roof.


Either way, the next actions are the same. She attempts to catch the pickle mid-air, before she plummets to the ground.

Back Flip 95% 1d100 = 10 (Success)

Strike (to catch pickle) 1d20+6 = 7 (Miss)

Strike 1d20+6 = 9 (second grab) "Dang."

Huey, however, panics. He leaps off the roof into a dive, attempting in vain to grab her and slow her descent, whilst roaring a fat little roar, eyes wide.

Grab 1d20 = 17

His claws dig into her shoulder, and he struggles against her falling weight, unable to pull up.

She then hits the ground and bounces back up to the rooftop, alighting with grace where she leapt from.

Sense of Balance 84% 1d100 = 16 (Success)

Once back up on the roof, she grabs Huey and cradles him, trying to calm him.

"OH NO! It's Okay, big fella - I'm not hurt! Thank you, oh, thank you for trying to save me, but you don't have to do that! I'm sorry - I didn't think!"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:48 am

**rolls held**

Yojimbo comes outside, intending to find the workers and position himself near them for Jack's alleged customary pickle flicking reward ritual.

However, as soon as he looks for the workers, he sees Ashlynn hurtling toward the ground with Huey struggling in vain to try and keep her aloft...

"NO!" he shouts, and begins to race toward her at top speed, despite knowing that he's too far to catch her before she hits the ground.

Images of Hanae's dead body flash in front of his eyes as the world slows around him. He knows he can't save Ashlynn in time but refuses to accept the laws of physics as he strains himself to his absolute limit...he MUST make it... he CANNOT fail another young one in need... not so soon...

And then... Ashlynn hits the ground. Only... instead of being shattered by the impact, as most humans would be, she... What the hell....?... bounces and returns back from whence she came.

The metallic behemoth stops in his tracks, stunned at this turn of events. He cannot believe his eyes.

Did she just... did... Yojimbo stares in shock and does a double take from the point of impact on the ground to the roof, and back again. He does this for what seems like minutes (though, more likely it is seconds)... until he remembers a Hagakure passage:

Hagakure wrote:Human life is truly a short affair. It is better to live doing the things that you like. It is foolish to live within this dream of a world seeing unpleasantness and doing only things that you do not like.


She is doing what she likes. It matters not that I do not understand how she is able to. Many do not understand how I do the things I do, yet I do them nonetheless.

He shrugs, and resolves to let Ashlynn be Ashlynn... whether he can explain it or understand it or not... and moves forward to join the fun.

"Okay, Jack... Ashlynn!" he shouts in a booming voice to the roof. "We will work as a team. You and the others flick the food, and I will catch it and hand it to these fine workers here!" he yells, undoubtedly garnering strange and confused glances from the workers nearby.

If the workers do look at him strangely or curiously, he will helpfully explain: "As is customary, he will flick food to reward your hard work. I, unfortunately, am too heavy to join him on the roof, so I will make myself useful and catch it here for you instead."

If he still gets confused stares or looks, he follows up with: "Ahh, yes. Safety first. Do not worry. The Lord Magus used his magic on me to clean me of any bacteria or lingering health threats. My claws and body are clean, so your food will be as well. In fact... let us make the distance shorter, so that there will be little risk of the food not being caught."

I do hope this does not startle them... he thinks, and then grows to double his size - twenty feet tall - in an instant.

He then waits to catch the pickles Jack flicks, satisfied that his solution to catch the food for the workers is an ideal compromise between the stated goal of rewarding the workers with food, and his physical limitations of being potentially too massive for the rooftop.

OOC Comments
I'm not sure how high the roof is, but the garage door presumably reaches near the top, and it is stated to be 25', so I figure the roof is only a few feet above, making Yojimbo's 20' height less than 10' from the top of the building.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:06 pm

rolls carried

Ashlynn wrote:When Ashlynn sees Zac, she waits for him to finish with his dad, And gives him a smile and a hug. "I'm gonna go hang out topside - you can come if you want."


"Can I Dad?" Zac looks earnestly at Weiss.

"Go on then," Weiss smiles broadly, "but be careful up there and perhaps explain the term hazing to Yojimbo."

Grant Latham wrote:Hand on the door knob, Grant hesitates a moment. What will the penalty be if I am late? he wonders. He turns back to Weiss, and says, "The spell can't..." he stops as he sees Zac's reaction to the news. He changes his tone, "Let's see what I can do." He goes into the garage and looks at the slightly crumpled robot. He walks around it. He opens his inner eye to the magical energy of the ley line that pulses in and around Heroes Have and begins pulling in energy. Little motes of bluish particles rush towards the mage from the air as he absorbs energy from the line. "I need your help," he says softly to the ley line, "the damage is severe, lend me your strength." He rests his hands on the first damaged piece of the Blue Beauty that he can reach.

He invokes Mend the Broken, the words of power leaving his lips over and over as he touches an armored plate or structural component. The magic flows out of Grant onto the damage pieces, each one creaks and pops as the object is returned to it's original shape, matter condensing out of the air to fill in gaps of missing of missing material

Mend the Broken: 1 M.D.C. per 30 P.P.E. Won't fix electronics or other complicated items. Grant can restore about 60 M.D.C. per 20 minutes recharges his reserves from the ley line. This post as 210 M.D.C., along with many other things wrong. Grant will spend about an hour, before he will stop to leave.

"John, I do not believe there is much more I can do, and my time to report is upon me, I am most likely going to be late. Hopefully what work is left to be done is easily done," Grant says as he shakes John's hand.


Weiss shakes his hand firmly; that alleviates a lot of the damage, but definitely need to replace a load of parts. Saves money I can spend finding Jaz.

"This is getting to be a habit, but thank you," Weiss thanks Grant, "while you are away, is there anything I can do for you?"
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:08 am

(Rolls carried over)

Before

Weiss wrote:"Go on then, but be careful up there and perhaps explain the term hazing to Yojimbo."


"YAY! Come on, Zac!!"




Now

Yojimbo wrote:"NO!"


Struggling with Huey, Ashlynn sees the titanic Holy Terror rocketing toward her on the ground. CRAP!

"I'M OKAY!" she says as she impacts and bounces.

When she reaches the roof, as she is comforting Yojimbo, she calls down to Yojimbo, "Sorry, Yo! I... I forget people don't know what I can do! I'm okay, though, really! thanks for trying to save me!!"

She also realizes at this point, she didn't warn Zac ahead of time. She casts a wary eye in his direction. "I hope I didn't scare you too. I... forgot. HEY! I promised to teach you to drive a motorcycle! Don't let me forget to do that!!"

When Yojimbo asumes his larger size, Ashlynn whoops in excitement.

"WHOOO!!! WHAT! You got BIG, Yojimbo! That's CRAZY!"

She resumes tossing fish to Huey and tossing the occasional pickle to Yojimbo, which she affectionately refers to as "pickling" him - until or unless someone stops her.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:58 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 45
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 13 and Original post: 1d100 = 96


When Jack tosses the pickle to Ashlyn and she jumps off the roof his first and only thought is, Ronith is gonna be pissed! Then when he looks over to see how bad it is he sees her hurtling back toward him. What the hell! When she lands, "That was awesome! Can you do that on command? Did you bounce? Is there a trampoline down there? he pauses for a quick second, Wait, "Are you made of rubber? A mix of confusion and awe sets in and Jack wonders, Is she human, I thought. Well you have been wrong before Jack.

Jack squints cautiously at Ashlyn, "Are you human?" he asks. In the meantime, without skipping a beat, he continues to toss pickles off the side of the house. Looking down at Shadow and Ice bear he says, "I don't bounce. I don't think either of you do. No jumping off roofs."

This gets more interesting every day, Jack thinks to himself as he sees Yojimbo grow to almost the size of the house. "Hey Yojimbo, you don't want to hand them the pickles. That is an insult. They will feels like you don't think they are capable of catching them. You need to throw them at them close to their mouths. Like this." As Jack finishes speaking he looks to he closest worker and flicks the pickle at him.

Strike with pickle 1d20 = 2 - no bonus, doesn't have WP pickle
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:45 am

**Rolls Held**

Ashlynn wrote:"I'M OKAY!" she says as she impacts and bounces.

When she reaches the roof, as she is comforting Yojimbo, she calls down to Yojimbo, "Sorry, Yo! I... I forget people don't know what I can do! I'm okay, though, really! thanks for trying to save me!!"


Always. I am your yojimbo; your bodyguard.

Ashlynn wrote:When Yojimbo asumes his larger size, Ashlynn whoops in excitement.

"WHOOO!!! WHAT! You got BIG, Yojimbo! That's CRAZY!"

She resumes tossing fish to Huey and tossing the occasional pickle to Yojimbo, which she affectionately refers to as "pickling" him - until or unless someone stops her.


"Indeed! How well can you control that bouncing ability? Can you impact mega-damage materials without harm?" says Yojimbo to his friend, curious as to the extent of this special ability she has.

Jack McDermott wrote:This gets more interesting every day, Jack thinks to himself as he sees Yojimbo grow to almost the size of the house. "Hey Yojimbo, you don't want to hand them the pickles. That is an insult. They will feels like you don't think they are capable of catching them. You need to throw them at them close to their mouths. Like this." As Jack finishes speaking he looks to he closest worker and flicks the pickle at him.


Yojimbo notices Jack's aim is off when he flicks the pickle, and reaches out to spear it with one of his claws:

Roll to (parry?) --> 1d20 = 17 +4 = 21

If successful, he will then turn to the workers and say, "Alright - which of you is the most deserving of this fine treat?" and expectantly waits for an answer/volunteer to "flick" the pickle at.

If one replies in the affirmative: Roll to strike --> 1d20 = 1 + 4= CRITICAL FAIL




After the pickle-flicking fun is over, Yojimbo will head toward some of the shops in Merctown to visit some former acquaintances before returning and seeking out Beltin.

Upon finding Beltin, Yojimbo will approach: "Hello, sir. I was told to inquire about a certain holographic device in your possession? I have seen some visions that may be quite pertinent, and both the Lord Magus and Lord of the Granite Hall have recommended I come see you and inquire about using the device to project what I have seen."

I do hope he has recovered from his grueling work in Dweomer...
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Josie » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:19 am

JIC D20: 1d20 = 9
JIC D100: 1d100 = 7
Perception 37%: 1d100 = 92

Captain Clooney wrote:"You know there was a crew that had just went through here. Heroes for Hire out of Merctown. They made quite the spash over in Houstown or so I've heard. If you feel like dying young, which it looks like you do, Talk to Sir Ronith. He doesn't owe me anything, maybe the other way around. Anyhow, talk to to see if he has work. I've seen folk like him before. They're always neck deep in trouble and always short handed."


"Oh really?! Heroes for Hire, you say? You wouldn't know in which direction they were headed? Where they going back to Merctown? How long ago did they leave?"

Josie's eyes light up when the opportunity to test her luck comes up. She seems eager to get a response from the captain. Pushing her multi colored hair out of her face. As she waits, she looks back and forth between the captain and the other crew members. Josie crosses her arms and leans back on to her right leg. Her eagerness slowly turning to irritation the longer she waits for anyone to respond.

Heroes, huh?! Well mom would be proud of me. Maybe this time it will stick and I won't get bored. As long as they got something for me to pilot. Hopefully that got something that goes fast and flies. My jump bike is good but I am limited.
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:26 am

Josie

Clooney replies, "Ah, just a week ago. Merctown's a trip no doubt but I'm sure you can pick up some jobs along the way. In fact there is a package that could be dropped off along the way." he says handing you a package and explaining the destination. It's a small fishing village along the Mississippi.

Assuming she takes the job, it takes a few days to make it to the fishing village where payment for your services is made. It's not much but enough to pay for a place to lay your head and food for the stomach. The rest of the path to Merctown isn't hard surprisingly. You have a few encounters with Coalition patrols but they don't even give you a second look. The influx of demons and similar ilk has had them focusing on more important matters. Josie passes through one town still smoking. It looks to have been the site of a battle, mangled bodies, including some soldiers burnt and decaying in the cool autumn air.

Eventually she makes her way to the gates and once through it's little trouble to find Heroes for Hire's place of business as they are reasonably well know.

Arriving, she is greeted by a curt woman standing in front of a building under heavy construction. She mistakes you for a worker at first and then briefed as to your intentions she seems intent on sending Josie away until an imposing elf arrives.

”Hello, Zoe, we are returned. How goes the reconstruction? And who might this be?” Ronith indicates the courier. ”I heard someone mention Captain Clooney, I trust he is well?” Should any request for employment be forthcoming, Ronith frowns in response. ”We are a mercenary outfit, typically with little need for courier services. Do you possess any other skills?”
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:32 am

Fortunately for Bogg, Ronith consented to his travel arrangement. Now back at the Haven, Bogg seems to be ingratiating himself by performing menial tasks as they become apparent. Marit seems please with his efforts but Zoe is skeptical about hiring a Larmac. Bogg is sheepish about job references and has difficultly coming up with places he's worked for more than a week at a time. That goes on until...

Jack and Ashlynn

Workers watch confusedly as Jack and Ashlynn toss preserved vegetables about. That is to say they watch until Zoe marches over to the workers, proving her new found abilities in general contracting. She then points an accusatory finger at Ashlynn in particular. "Listen missy, why don't you and your new boyfriend take the dog and pony show somewhere else. These other jokers have work to do."

Huey spots a pickle on the ground. A moment later, the pickle has disappeared from sight.

Weiss

Weiss enjoys downtime with Zac. There is obviously some catching up to do. Yojimbo is unusual on a number of levels and this interests Zac a great deal.

The mystery of his wife's disappearance still haunt him. Her sudden diappearance without explanation just doesn't make sense. While people have done similar in the past for little to no reason, he just doesn't think that's the case. Hopefully he can make contact with Alari soon.

Other


Yojimbo is warned to stay on the first floor and mostly in the garage. Zoe clearly regards him as machinery. "We don't need anything more to fix around here."

Zoe has a stack of job request as well. She tells Ronith, "These aren't urgent but short jobs. Up to you if you want to mess with them. Nothing else major at this point in time. I was thinking with the current crew... assuming the scarred man and the robot are staying aboard for a while. Might mull them over."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:42 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 62

Ashlynn happily tosses fish to Huey, and the occasional pickle, until...

Zoe wrote:Listen missy, why don't you and your new boyfriend take the dog and pony show somewhere else. These other jokers have work to do."


Ashlynn's eyes boggle and her face turns crimson.

"I? But I? He's not my... I, I wasn't..." Flustered, she scoops up Huey and begins marching toward the ladder to the second floor.

Just before she begins her descent, she shouts "I DON'T EVEN HAVE A DOG!"

As she climb down, she begins to fret. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong! I wasn't the one throwing pickles at people - that was Jack! How'm I gonna apologize to Zoe? She seemed so mad... I'm so stupid! I keep getting caught up - I mean, I blew up the HAVEN! No wonder she's mad at me! I should apologize. Or should I just lay low for a bit until she cools off first? I don't even KNOW her that well! How'm I supposed to know what to do?

As she reaches her room, she carries Huey inside and closes the door, her mind still racing. No stranger to chastisement, it nonetheless rankles her on several levels, and she lies across her bed and tries to figure out how to make it right.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Josie » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:04 pm

JIC D20: 1d20 = 5
JIC D100: 1d100 = 78
Perception 37%: 1d100 = 49

Josie takes the captain up on the currier job. Her trip up to Merctown is relatively a quiet ride, at least by her standards. When a wandering elf approaches, she gives him a shifted stare. When Josie introduces herself, she extends her hand.

Ronith wrote:Hello, Zoe, we are returned. How goes the reconstruction? And who might this be?” Ronith indicates the courier. ”I heard someone mention Captain Clooney, I trust he is well?”


"My name is Josie Padella. Clooney was well when I had left him. The good captain had mentioned the Heroes for Hire are a mercenary band and I should inquire with someone named Sir Ronith. Could that possibly be you?"


Ronith wrote:Should any request for employment be forthcoming, Ronith frowns in response. ”We are a mercenary outfit, typically with little need for courier services. Do you possess any other skills?”


"Courier?! Oh, yeah I can see why you would think that. No, I am no courier of it I do drive things around. Skills? Well I pilot anything you put me behind. Land, sea or air, though I prefer the later. I can also use most of any vehicle's electronic components. Weapon systems, sensory equipment, electronic countermeasures, etc. Oh and I have basic mechanical and some repair skills. I can handle myself with a pistol too, if need be."

Hope this elf is this Ronith guy I'm told to talk to. Otherwise I'm just wasting my breath on him. Why would a juicer ever become a fulltime courier? That would just be a waste of life and the drugs. I wonder what kind of odd I have that he IS Ronith? He doesn't seem like someone who wants to make a few bets ever once in a while.
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:05 am

Perception: 50% 1d100 = 45
JIC 1d100 = 32 1d20 = 4
WIP - meant to save as draft

Weiss insists on Boggs going and checking in with Mrs Gorshin, going with him to explain what had happened to her sons and that they had dealt with the ones responsible.

As he comes back and Zac finishes spending time with Ash, Jack and Yojimbo, they go down into the workshop

"First thing Zac, is we get the Beauty up and running again, he explains, "if there is trouble, we'll need her.

Weiss takes his time, going over the APC and Beauty with a fine tooth comb, as he figures out every part that they need.

"Sir Ronith, I have compiled a list of items that Grant will be unable to repair, both on the Beauty and the APC. Obviously, my share will cover my repairs, but I am presuming the unit is covering the parts costs for the APC. Obviously, I am happy to do the repairs." Weiss explains to their leader, "When you get chance, we will need to go out and procure a few items.

OOC Comments
Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 53% 1d100 = 53
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100 = 10



"Secondly, we go find Barric at the wizard guild house or whatever they call it. Probably best we find that out before we go there as to best not annoy them by calling it their clubhouse or something. Get your aptitude tested. See if we can get you apprenticed to someone to become a mage of somekind."

Zac looks excited by that idea

"Then we start looking for Ja... your mum,"

"Do you think she misses us?" Zac asks, his voice low and unsure. the fact that she had not come back to them was unsettling.

"I'm sure she does kiddo," Weiss held his son close. In his mind, he worried about her; they had been attacked back at the farm. What if they caught her before he could find her or they never did.

Virtus wrote:Yojimbo is warned to stay on the first floor and mostly in the garage. Zoe clearly regards him as machinery. "We don't need anything more to fix around here."


Weiss will happily make use of Yojimbo and Boggs if he is around.

Lore: D-Bee 49% 1d100 = 11 best ways to use a Larmac
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:05 am

Perception: 1d100 = 70/37%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 19
JIC (100): 1d100 = 91




Virtus wrote:Workers watch confusedly as Jack and Ashlynn toss preserved vegetables about. That is to say they watch until Zoe marches over to the workers, proving her new found abilities in general contracting. She then points an accusatory finger at Ashlynn in particular. "Listen missy, why don't you and your new boyfriend take the dog and pony show somewhere else. These other jokers have work to do."

Huey spots a pickle on the ground. A moment later, the pickle has disappeared from sight.


Yojimbo, who is also outside, marvels at Zoe's mastery of physics when she projects her voice from the ground level where he and the workers are to the roof where Ashlynn and Jack are.

How is Ashlynn able to hear her from such a distance, and yet she does not raise her voice?

He is also curious that Zoe does not seem to notice that he grew to double his size.




Virtus wrote:Yojimbo is warned to stay on the first floor and mostly in the garage. Zoe clearly regards him as machinery. "We don't need anything more to fix around here."


Without missing a beat, Yojimbo replies to Zoe, "Agreed, it seems the workers outside are doing a fine job fixing everything, and Weiss and the Lord Magus seem to have the vehicle repairs handled rather well."

Just before he puts down his gear and takes out his art supplies to put in an undisturbed area (corner?) of the garage, he says to Zoe, "By the way, I am Yojimbo, a bodyguard and sword-for-hire of sorts. What is your name, and what do you do here?"




In the meanwhile, Yojimbo will help Weiss as needed, but will eventually retreat to work on his...
Secret Projects
Yojimbo is making gifts for the entire team in secret.
Skill Roll --> Poetry (Haiku, for Sir Ronith) --> 1d100 = 4/42% Critical Success!
Skill Roll --> Calligraphy (Haiku, for Sir Ronith) --> 1d100 = 22/47% Success!


Looking at the finished product, Yojimbo is satisfied with the results.

Calligraphy is acceptable, but still much room for improvement. Haiku is exceptional. I do hope it will meet Sir Ronith's undoubtedly high standards.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:23 am

Barracuda

While still in Dwoemer....

The man thinks for several long moments. He finally nods. "Yeah, I can do that. Come back here. I had these put into stasis. When you want to remove it, wipe away the symbol here." he says, pointing to intricately detailed runes on both the helmet and armor.

He helps Barracuda out with it, fortunately he's able to get it back to Horne manner before everyone is rifted back to Merctown.

Back in Merctown it's easily unloaded. While unloading Barracuda catches the sounds of another potential recruit. Though it's been a revolving door as of late, hopefully the return to Merctown will result in more stability for a while.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d20 = 20 and 1d100 = 42

Virtus wrote:Jack and Ashlynn

"Listen missy, why don't you and your new boyfriend take the dog and pony show somewhere else. These other jokers have work to do."

Huey spots a pickle on the ground. A moment later, the pickle has disappeared from sight.



Jack hears Zoe chastise Ashlyn and leans over the roof. Yelling down he says, "Who says it was her dog and pony show? And I don't even see any dogs or ponies. We have dogs and ponies?" We have ponies? I want one! Jack cocks his head to the side, he looks back down to Zoe and yells, "Are the ponies by the pool? And is there really a show? Cause I wouldn't mind seeing a pony show. And as for the workers, they looked hungry. I thought they could use some lunch."

Jack turns to see Ashlyn climb down the ladder and sighs, Didn't mean to get her in trouble. He picks up the pickles and anything left on the roof and heads back down to the kitchen to put what ever is left away. That Zoe is a stick in the mud. No wonder Ronith wanted me to tell her he was alright. Wow, all these cool peoples around and she has to be so serious. I wonder if Ashlyn is taking it hard?

Once Jack cleans up the kitchen and has everything put away he walks to Ashlyn's room and knocks on the door lightly, "Hey Ash, didn't mean to get you in trouble with broomhilda out there. My bad. Cool thing is she thought you were the ring leader so she must think highly of you. Well, anyway. I get it if you mad at me and all. I'm going don to the pool to look for those ponies queenie was talking about. If you are in the mood later come on down. If not, I'll catch you later."

Assuming Ashlyn is mad and probably won't answer jack walks away and down to the pool. He looks up at Shadow and asks, "You like pools? Swimming?" A second later he get the distinct feeling that shadow does not like swimming. "Well ok then, still plenty to do by the pool. probably lots to investigate."

Jack continues to the pool. when he gets there he realizes he doesn't own a bathing suit anymore. Damn, no use for a bathing suit in the wild. Don't think the folks around here would be too happy with me jumping in wearing just my birthday suit. I might need to go shopping. Jack sits down by the pool in a chair and kicks his legs up on another chair. Maybe just a nap for now, he thinks to himself as he closes his eyes and take a moment to enjoy yht e piece and safety around him.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:50 am

JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 42
PER: 1d100 = 82 vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Find Contraband- EP CRIT
Charm/Impress- 1d100 = 12 vs. 98%
Streetwise- EP CRIT
First set- to get a good price for selling the jewels. Two EP critical successes purchased here.

Anthropology- 1d100 = 98 vs. 91%
Find Contraband- 1d100 = 34 vs. 76%
Charm/Impress- 1d100 = 48 vs. 98%
Streetwise- 1d100 = 52 vs. 76%
Second set- to find/get a good price on repairs to both vehicles

Intelligence- 1d100 = 99 vs. 96%
To assess whether a reduced-roster Heroes for Hire could handle Zoe's smaller jobs with minimal risk of casualties.

With Grant taking his leave for a time, Ronith decides that the rest of Heroes for Hire need not be in tow for his visit to the Granite Hall. They can always teleport to him if Grant returns to MercTown before Ronith, and the cyber-knight can cover a lot of ground by himself on his hovercycle. He pauses his discussion with Zoe, observing the antics of some of the team's new hires in the main hall.

On the one hand, Ronith is a realistic and experienced enough battle commander to understand the value of that kind of easy camaraderie. A small half-smile forms on his face as it reminds him of his own relationship with Zoe, back when the company first formed. On the other hand... They might not make the best first impression on the other knights. That could be problematic, not only for establishing my own authority but also for accomplishing the task Sir Zero Moon set me. It will be difficult enough to patch together the two factions of cyber-knights; I need not make things more difficult for myself.

Virtus wrote:"These aren't urgent but short jobs. Up to you if you want to mess with them. Nothing else major at this point in time. I was thinking with the current crew... assuming the scarred man and the robot are staying aboard for a while. Might mull them over."
Any materials or notes Zoe has on the jobs requested, Ronith will take up and review. In particular, he will evaluate whether the team minus himself, Grant, and Beltin (at least) would be able to take on the jobs without undue risk to themselves or any innocents in the vicinity (to the best of his ability). Any job that is clearly too dangerous Ronith will discard, but otherwise he thinks that this business offers an excellent opportunity to keep the rest of the company productively occupied while he's gone. Anything he thinks the others can handle, or isn't really sure about stays in the 'accept' pile.

Once he's done reviewing any material Zoe has, Ronith calls Barracuda over. "Barracuda. With Grant leaving temporarily and the APC in need of repairs, we will not be leaving town any time soon. I think it would be best if I use this period to proceed to the Granite Hall... by myself. I can make good time on my own via hovercycle. I intend to pay the crew, initiate the repair work to both vehicles, and replace my armor and any other materials the team needs; after which, I shall leave town for a time. I do not know how long I shall be gone, but I shall remain in touch. Since I daresay Beltin would appreciate some time off to be with Marit, I have decided to leave you in command while I am gone."

Casting a glance back at the trio's antics, Ronith adds "After a little rest, I think it would be an opportune time to see what some of our newer recruits can really do. And perhaps burn off some excess energy while you are at it. Zoe has compiled a selection of smaller jobs, non-urgent and I believe local. Take any of the team that wishes to go with you, and do as many as you safely can. I imagine our newer members would all appreciate an opportunity to earn a little extra cash."

Ronith pauses, stares for a second, and adds "Just... Keep an eye on them, either way."

Josie wrote:"My name is Josie Padella. Clooney was well when I had left him. The good captain had mentioned the Heroes for Hire are a mercenary band and I should inquire with someone named Sir Ronith. Could that possibly be you?"
"Aye, I am Sir Ronith, commander of Heroes for Hire and Lord of the Granite Hall. Good day, Ms. Padella, what can I do for you?"

Josie wrote:"Courier?! Oh, yeah I can see why you would think that. No, I am no courier of it I do drive things around. Skills? Well I pilot anything you put me behind. Land, sea or air, though I prefer the later. I can also use most of any vehicle's electronic components. Weapon systems, sensory equipment, electronic countermeasures, etc. Oh and I have basic mechanical and some repair skills. I can handle myself with a pistol too, if need be."
"Is that so? As it happens we have had need of a pilot for quite some time. Come with me." Ronith leads Josie into the team garage, where the (damaged) APC is sitting. Presenting the vehicle to her with a wave, Ronith says "Think you could handle this? Once it's repaired, that is. It doesn't fly, but we can see about getting you something that does." Assuming Josie responds in the affirmative, Ronith nods. "Very well, we shall see how you do. I am happy to hire you; the terms of our employment are simple. All participants in a mission get an equal share of the spoils, after expenses, and all members of Heroes for Hire are expected to adhere to the general spirit, if not the letter of the cyber-knight code. In short, we protect the innocent and battle evil on all of our missions. If these terms are acceptable, I can introduce you to the rest of the team and we can see about getting you settled in."

At a minimum, Ronith will make sure he introduces Josie to both Zoe and Barracuda "Zoe is our 'office manager,' to quote an old human title. She can assign you quarters and assist you with stowing any gear you brought with you. Barracuda here will be taking over leadership of the team, in what I hope will be my brief absence. Zoe has lined up a few jobs around town that I'm advising him to take on, and I'm sure he could use your help."

Weiss wrote:"Sir Ronith, I have compiled a list of items that Grant will be unable to repair, both on the Beauty and the APC. Obviously, my share will cover my repairs, but I am presuming the unit is covering the parts costs for the APC. Obviously, I am happy to do the repairs." Weiss explains to their leader, "When you get chance, we will need to go out and procure a few items.
"With respect, it obviously will not. Personal body armor is one thing but robot vehicles are expensive to maintain. It is a burden the team shall bear. You can do as much as you wish, but if you would rather go on the missions Zoe has for Barracuda the team shall cover any necessary bills. If you wish, we can go procure an estimate now."

Assuming Weiss agrees, Ronith will bid Josie a courteous farewell and depart the Haven. He will take all of the gems they received, in the hopes of identifying a (legitimate) buyer who will pay as much as possible for them (see first set of skill rolls/EP crits above). Once that's done and Ronith has an idea of just how much money he has to play with, he will ask Weiss to accompany him to get a quote for the repairs to both vehicles (see second set of skill rolls). Once that's done, Ronith will return to the Haven and split the remaining payout.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 4/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:51 pm

rolls carried

Ronith wrote:Ronith leads Josie into the team garage, where the (damaged) APC is sitting. Presenting the vehicle to her with a wave, Ronith says "Think you could handle this? Once it's repaired, that is. It doesn't fly, but we can see about getting you something that does."


Weiss is already down there working on the APC, cataloguing parts. Zac is there holding up pieces for Weiss to say salvagable or junk.

"What am I, chopped liver?" Weiss smiles, waving at the new arrival. "This the courier Zoe was arguing with?" Zac looks at them for a second before picking up an electronic component from the APC door. Weiss looks at it for a second; "total loss."

Ronith wrote:"With respect, it obviously will not. Personal body armor is one thing but robot vehicles are expensive to maintain. It is a burden the team shall bear. You can do as much as you wish, but if you would rather go on the missions Zoe has for Barracuda the team shall cover any necessary bills. If you wish, we can go procure an estimate now."


Weiss looks down at his list and the potential cost. He shrugs and smiles.

"Who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth?" he replies, holding out his hand to shake Ronith's. He accompanies Ronith to the salvage dealers, taking him first to the one Ash made a deal with for the power armour.

"Nothing new to sell you, but we are in the market for these components if you have any in stock?" Both vehicles were former CS and with the new outpost, he wondered if they had to curtail having any such items.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:47 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 81
JIC: 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 98

Ashlynn sulks in her room until Jack arrives.

Jack wrote:"Hey Ash, didn't mean to get you in trouble with broomhilda out there. My bad. Cool thing is she thought you were the ring leader so she must think highly of you. Well, anyway. I get it if you mad at me and all. I'm going down to the pool to look for those ponies queenie was talking about. If you are in the mood later come on down. If not, I'll catch you later."


Ash looks up - not crying, but not her usual happy self. "Sometimes I just don't know how to get along with new people - I don't know what the rules are, and sometimes people just get mad because they wanna. But if this is my f... my, uh, crew... now, then... I just have to deal. I'm not mad at you. You were just trying to have some fun. I'm... gonna hang out here with Huey for a bit. I have some plans I need to work out to keep some promises I made. Maybe I'll be down in a bit. I liek swimming, but... I don't have a swimsuit."


After a bit, she will come down, but not to swim. She looks for Weiss and Zac, and finds them, with Yojimbo, in the garage.

Offering a smile, she goes up to Yojimbo. "Hey, Yo. " She walks up and thumps him on the armor, as close to the shoulder as she can get. "Using your 'Get big' power to help fix the 'Beauty?"

She'll then turn to Zac. "Hey Zac! Sorry about the roof thing. I hope you didn't get in trouble for what I was doing. I also remembered I gotta teach you how to ride a motorcycle! So lemme know when you're ready for a lesson."

Then, she reveals her ulterior motive. "So, uh... Zac. Can you tell me about your mom? Like - I, uh... was really young when I lost my mom, so... I kinda promised to help find your mom, and the more I know about her the better I can keep my promise." ashlynn smiles.

She listens intently to Zac, trying to make a mental note of anything he says that might help - currently, all she knows is that her name is Jazia.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:26 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Ashlynn wrote:After a bit, she will come down, but not to swim. She looks for Weiss and Zac, and finds them, with Yojimbo, in the garage.

Offering a smile, she goes up to Yojimbo. "Hey, Yo. " She walks up and thumps him on the armor, as close to the shoulder as she can get. "Using your 'Get big' power to help fix the 'Beauty?"


Yojimbo, back to his "normal" 10' size and in a corner somewhere, is completely lost in concentration working on his projects and does not even notice Ashlynn approach. When she "knocks" on his shoulder area, he doesn't quite "jump" as much as he snaps back to reality and turns to see what has interrupted his "flow". Seeing it is his favorite young lady, he is instantly receptive and, putting his calligraphy brush down, turns to meet her.

"It would appear that the Lord Magus did much of the fixing, though if Weiss needs my help, of course it is available with naught more than a word," replies the Holy Terror to Ashlynn.

"And what are you up to? By the way... I have never seen an ability like what you did outside before. Do you have any others that are not apparent?" he asks curiously.

"And, how is Huey, one of our newest Heroes?" he says, tilting his head to look curiously at the Bookwyrm.

I wonder if he breathes fire... thinks the metallic monstrosity, feeling a slight pang of anxiety.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:38 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Yojimbo wrote:"And what are you up to? By the way... I have never seen an ability like what you did outside before. Do you have any others that are not apparent?"


Ashlynn perks up. "I mean, Yeah! I can sense things comin' and goin', like radar I guess, and I can hear real good, and sometimes I can like, think two things at the same time, so I can do different things with either hand simultaneously, y'know? AND I can do THIS," Ashlynn flicks on her Energy shield, waving it around a bit.

"This thing weighs nothing and I haven't found the thing yet that can bring it down - I just need to get better at getting it between me an' danger, y'know?" She dispels the energy shield.

She bounces on the balls of her feet a bit, clearly getting excited. "Y'know this is stuff normal humans ain't supposed to be able to do. Mom always said I was a dbee, like she found me in the woods and stuff? But I look just like a human for some reason. Hagbard used to say there's dbees that look completely human. And there's no real difference, 'cause people are people. So I dunno. I dunno if it matters at all."

After a moment, she adds. "I don't think it does."

After another moment, she adds. "That was kinda weird. She wasn't my real mom. I mean, she raised me like a mom but she didn't give birth to me or anything."

Yojimbo wrote:"And, how is Huey, one of our newest Heroes?"


Ashlynn beams at the outsized bookwyrm. "He's good! Got some food in him and he's jsut as happy as a clam! We're gonna work on his flying an' stuff soon - he can fly great but he can always get better." She turns to Huey, heaving him up into her arms. "Isn't that right? Soon we're gonna have you tearing up the skies - you'll be a real force to be reckoned with then!"

Huey grunts: a noncommittal, lazy noise, and Ashlynn puts him back on the ground. "He's just tired right now is all."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 51

Upstairs:

Barracuda spends a bit of time in his room at the Haven just staring at his new armor. "Oh man, this is maybe the coolest thing I've ever owned." He turns to his Dwarven crafted pitchfork. "Sorry, King Tide." He turns back to his armor and puts the various parts of it on. Once it's all in place, he grabs a shirt from his laundry and wipes the runes off of the helmet and armor.

Downstairs:

Once his armor activates, Barracuda heads downstairs and spends some time in the pool, testing out it's various capabilities. Whoa. It's easier to swim. Is... that a depth gauge? And a compass? So cool! Done checking out his new toy, he heads into the room where the rest of the team is and finds himself waved over by Ronith.

Ronith wrote:Once he's done reviewing any material Zoe has, Ronith calls Barracuda over. "Barracuda. With Grant leaving temporarily and the APC in need of repairs, we will not be leaving town any time soon. I think it would be best if I use this period to proceed to the Granite Hall... by myself. I can make good time on my own via hovercycle. I intend to pay the crew, initiate the repair work to both vehicles, and replace my armor and any other materials the team needs; after which, I shall leave town for a time. I do not know how long I shall be gone, but I shall remain in touch. Since I daresay Beltin would appreciate some time off to be with Marit, I have decided to leave you in command while I am gone."


Wait, he's entrusting ME with the Heroes for Hire? I mean, I am a hero and I am for hire, but that's like... a way big... holy moly... umm... wow... "Umm... Wow. Yes. Yes sir! I'll do it. I'll lead the team while you're away!" This is like the biggest honor, no one ever let me lead things before. "This is like, a huge honor, Sir. I won't let you down!"


Ronith wrote:Casting a glance back at the trio's antics, Ronith adds "After a little rest, I think it would be an opportune time to see what some of our newer recruits can really do. And perhaps burn off some excess energy while you are at it. Zoe has compiled a selection of smaller jobs, non-urgent and I believe local. Take any of the team that wishes to go with you, and do as many as you safely can. I imagine our newer members would all appreciate an opportunity to earn a little extra cash."

Ronith pauses, stares for a second, and adds "Just... Keep an eye on them, either way."


Oh my god, I get to pick a mission?! This is crazy! I'm like, the boss! "Yes sir! I will do my best!"

Ronith wrote:At a minimum, Ronith will make sure he introduces Josie to both Zoe and Barracuda "Zoe is our 'office manager,' to quote an old human title. She can assign you quarters and assist you with stowing any gear you brought with you. Barracuda here will be taking over leadership of the team, in what I hope will be my brief absence. Zoe has lined up a few jobs around town that I'm advising him to take on, and I'm sure he could use your help."


"Hey! I'm Barracuda, aquatic superhero from another dimension! I'm uh... looks like I'm in charge now and we'll be working together! What's your deal? What kinda skills brought you to Heroes for Hire?"

Whenever he has the time, Barracuda heads over to Zoe and asks "Got time to go over these jobs?"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:50 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 64
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 20 and Original post: 1d100 = 42


When Jack hears a big splash he opens his eyes in time to see Baracuda swimming in the pool. Well apparently we just wear our armor in the pool. He watches the man swim around and check gauges on the suit. Must being trying out something new. Hmm, I wonder if we get a lot of action in the water. I may want to be more prepared for that.

Jack sits up and shakes off the sleep from his nap. "Shadow, you and Ice bear want to go shopping? I need a bathing suit. Maybe we can find you guys some armor. At the mention of armor shadow looks up at Jack and he can almost see a smile on the ferrets face. Shadow and Ice bear make their way over to Jack and jump up on the chair with him.

"Thing is, I don't really know much about Merc Town. I wonder if anyone else is planning on shopping. Jack watches Barracuda get out of the pool at walk back to the house. "I guess sea trials are over."

Looking down at his two furry companions, "Need to get some kind of cool mount or case you two can ride in. We could just take a walk around Merctown and see what is out there." Jack gets to his feet, stretches hard and picks up Shadow and Ice bear. "Maybe a snack for now."

Jack heads to the kitchen in search for food and company. Having everything at my finger tips is making me lazy again. Old worlders really didn't know how well they had it. I'm gonna need to get to work soon so I don't get fat.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:04 am

**Rolls held**
Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn perks up. "I mean, Yeah! I can sense things comin' and goin', like radar I guess, and I can hear real good, and sometimes I can like, think two things at the same time, so I can do different things with either hand simultaneously, y'know? AND I can do THIS," Ashlynn flicks on her Energy shield, waving it around a bit.

"This thing weighs nothing and I haven't found the thing yet that can bring it down - I just need to get better at getting it between me an' danger, y'know?" She dispels the energy shield.


The Holy Terror takes in everything Ashlynn tells him.

I am amazed. She exhibits these abilities, and yet does not appear to wield magic, and they do not appear to be based on mental powers. What is the source of these abilities?

Ashlynn wrote:She bounces on the balls of her feet a bit, clearly getting excited. "Y'know this is stuff normal humans ain't supposed to be able to do. Mom always said I was a dbee, like she found me in the woods and stuff? But I look just like a human for some reason. Hagbard used to say there's dbees that look completely human. And there's no real difference, 'cause people are people. So I dunno. I dunno if it matters at all."

After a moment, she adds. "I don't think it does."

After another moment, she adds. "That was kinda weird. She wasn't my real mom. I mean, she raised me like a mom but she didn't give birth to me or anything."


Yojimbo nods. "It is an interesting story. Your abilities... they do not seem to be based on magic or psychic powers, and I am at a loss to explain the source of these powers."

"Do you know anyone else who has powers like this? Not like yours, necessarily; rather, powers that do not derive from magic or psychic sources..."
he says.

"I do not know much about D-Bees, though that is changing. Did you have a good relationship with your mother?" he inquires.

I hope such questions are not inappropriate.

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn beams at the outsized bookwyrm. "He's good! Got some food in him and he's jsut as happy as a clam! We're gonna work on his flying an' stuff soon - he can fly great but he can always get better." She turns to Huey, heaving him up into her arms. "Isn't that right? Soon we're gonna have you tearing up the skies - you'll be a real force to be reckoned with then!"

Huey grunts: a noncommittal, lazy noise, and Ashlynn puts him back on the ground. "He's just tired right now is all."


She speaks to it as if it can understand languages, so I shall as well.

The metallic behemoth looks at Huey. "I saw you trying to catch your companion, Huey. You did an admirable job. Worthy of a hero. Yojimbo - that's me - commends you!" he says, attempting to be encouraging to the Bookwyrm.

Just don't breathe fire on me.

He then turns back to Ashlynn.

"Tell me, if you have a moment, about the other members of the Heroes for Hire. I am working on some projects that... necessitate an understanding of the different group members, and I believe your input could be most helpful. If you don't mind, of course."
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:06 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Yojimbo wrote:"It is an interesting story. Your abilities... they do not seem to be based on magic or psychic powers, and I am at a loss to explain the source of these powers. Do you know anyone else who has powers like this? Not like yours, necessarily; rather, powers that do not derive from magic or psychic sources..."


Ashlynn nods emphatically. "Yeah! 'Cuda - Barracuda I mean - can do stuff with electromagnetism. I don't think his power is mental or magical either."

Yojimbo wrote:"I do not know much about D-Bees, though that is changing. Did you have a good relationship with your mother?"


Ashlynn leans against the nearest counter. She sighs deeply. I loved my mom. She was everything to me, y'know? I was still pretty young when she..." She turns quiet for a moment and looks away, before returning to her thoughts. "Erdanya was her name. She was kind, and beautiful... she had a special way of knowing just what someone needed at any time. When... when it happened, she pried up the floorboards and put me down there. Told me 'whatever happens, don't make a peep.' When the... killers came, I never saw them. She waited for them to bust down the front door. Then she screamed and ran out the back. They chased her. They never came back, never searched the house. All... All they did was kill."

Breathing heavy, she stops talking. "All I want in life is to be the kind of person she was."

She turns back to Yojimbo, tears in her eyes. "I'm not as good at those kinds of things as she was."

She wipes her eyes with the back of her sleeve and grins, barely masking the sadness. "I'll get better though! I'm learning all the time - and every time I make a new friend I pay real good attention to who they are and what they might need. Like Weiss and Zac, right? They need their mom. And... And I get that. Maybe better than anyone. So I promised to help 'em find her. And I'm gonna."

Yojimbo wrote:"Tell me, if you have a moment, about the other members of the Heroes for Hire. I am working on some projects that... necessitate an understanding of the different group members, and I believe your input could be most helpful. If you don't mind, of course."


Ashlynn smiles. "Oh, sure! Like I said, I been watching them... I don't wanna say I know them realwell, but I'll tell ya what I know."

"Starting with Ronith - Near as I can figure, he lives to make the world a better place. It's hard to find that kinda genuine desire to help people, but he's got it. And it's, uh, uncompromising, y'know? He doesn't bend the rules he lives by to get the job done. He finds out how to do it right, and it's that way or not at all. This can kinda make him seem like he's disconnected or whatever - like he values his principles more than people, but nothing could be further from the truth. It's 'cause he values people that his principles matter. And like I said, I don't know him real well - I think he holds himself at a distance, and it can be kinda hard to get close, but he's like the dad of the group. And he's a very 'father knows best' kind of dad."

"Grant - Well, first, everyone here holds to Ronith's code. An' that says SO MUCH about them. Everyone here is doing the merc thing for the best reasons. Grant's no exception. Now, Grant has a lot of knowledge, knows a lot of magic, and doesn't hesitate to use that power to help folks. He gave me a talisman with invulnerability in it, so that when I blew up the Haven I didn't die in the process, which as keen. When the Sunaj took my arms off, Grant immediately cast spells on me to heal me, and put my arms back on. I... when I was unconscious, i don't really remember what was going on... But... I think I was dead? Or real damn close. Grant brought me back."
She pulls up her sleeve to show the scars on her right arm. "Some folks'd be mad about this. These scars. Not me. This is a gift. He gave me back my arms, and my life, and this here is a reminder of that, that I'll always cherish. Also - It might be a little telling that he is kind of a neat freak? The way I see it, uh... it's like he likes to get rid of like... infections? An' whether that's dirt, or literal bad guys, don't matter."

"Beltin and Marit are like, an uncle and aunt, I guess? They... kinda make this place a family. Marit's a lot like my mom, and Beltin - the way I see it... I think he tries real hard to see the value in people. Even folks he might not agree with. Hopefully I get to know him better as time goes on, but he kinda keeps to himself."

"Weiss and Zac... They were the first people I met in Merctown. Zac's like a little brother to me, and Weiss... he's a dad. He... he reminds me to reel it in when I'm chattering a mile an hour like I do, and he keeps my feet on the ground when I'm about to pop off, y'know? He's... stable. And strong. I think he does the merc thing just as a job, but again, he hasn't got a problem keeping to Ronith's code, and you can tell he values his family above everything. And when we find his wife Jazia, we're gonna... He and Zac are gonna be so happy, an' be a family like they were again."

"Jack we just met. I get a feeling he uses humor to hide some pain... I know he's scarred up real bad, but he hasn't said why. I think... most of the time? He just wants to do some good for people and forget whatever it was happened to him. I don't quite have a bead on him yet, to be truthful. He seems sincere."

"Barracuda, uh, Benjamin Berry is his real name, but he's a dbee prince of Atlantis in some other dimension. He's..."
She stops and thinks about him a minute. "He, uh, there's a comic book about him. He... really enjoys being a hero and doing good for folks. But there's something... else." She furrows her brow as she thinks about the Lemurian Prince. "I guess of everyone here, he's the most like me. I'm not a princess or anything, but we have similar powers that aren't psychic or magic, and we're both orphans, and I think we're the youngest aside from Zac." Apropos of nothing, she finds herself blushing thinking about the Atlantean hero. Is... is there something there?

"That's everyone I think."

Yojimbo wrote:"I saw you trying to catch your companion, Huey. You did an admirable job. Worthy of a hero. Yojimbo - that's me - commends you!"


Huey chuffs contentedly, puffing a little smoke in his direction. Ashlynn smiles. "He likes you."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:59 am

**rolls held**




Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn nods emphatically. "Yeah! 'Cuda - Barracuda I mean - can do stuff with electromagnetism. I don't think his power is mental or magical either."


How curious. It would appear that not everything in this world can be explained by matters of mental, divine, or arcane influence.

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn leans against the nearest counter. She sighs deeply. I loved my mom. She was everything to me, y'know? I was still pretty young when she..." She turns quiet for a moment and looks away, before returning to her thoughts. "Erdanya was her name. She was kind, and beautiful... she had a special way of knowing just what someone needed at any time. When... when it happened, she pried up the floorboards and put me down there. Told me 'whatever happens, don't make a peep.' When the... killers came, I never saw them. She waited for them to bust down the front door. Then she screamed and ran out the back. They chased her. They never came back, never searched the house. All... All they did was kill."


"Your mother was very brave, Ashlynn," says the Holy Terror to the traumatized young woman.

He says solemnly, "It is clear that, though she knew the risk that she could lose her own life, she still protected you with it. It is easy to talk a big game. But when death comes for one, and one faces it directly - without flinching - this is the mark of a courageous soul who has made peace with the world."

Ashlynn wrote:Breathing heavy, she stops talking. "All I want in life is to be the kind of person she was."

She turns back to Yojimbo, tears in her eyes. "I'm not as good at those kinds of things as she was."


"That remains to be seen, my young friend. You have your whole life ahead of you, and I can attest to the kindness of your character. After all, you approached me first, when your group felt threatened, and you were not afraid. Yes, I see much of your mother in you already. I should like to have met her," he says, nodding slowly.

Ashlynn wrote:She wipes her eyes with the back of her sleeve and grins, barely masking the sadness. "I'll get better though! I'm learning all the time - and every time I make a new friend I pay real good attention to who they are and what they might need. Like Weiss and Zac, right? They need their mom. And... And I get that. Maybe better than anyone. So I promised to help 'em find her. And I'm gonna."


What happened to Zac and Weiss' mother?

Yojimbo looks over at Zac and Weiss. "Forgive me if I am thick-headed, but I do not understand. Are Weiss and Zac both missing their mothers? What happened?" he says.

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn smiles. "Oh, sure! Like I said, I been watching them... I don't wanna say I know them realwell, but I'll tell ya what I know."

"Starting with Ronith - Near as I can figure, he lives to make the world a better place. It's hard to find that kinda genuine desire to help people, but he's got it. And it's, uh, uncompromising, y'know? He doesn't bend the rules he lives by to get the job done. He finds out how to do it right, and it's that way or not at all. This can kinda make him seem like he's disconnected or whatever - like he values his principles more than people, but nothing could be further from the truth. It's 'cause he values people that his principles matter. And like I said, I don't know him real well - I think he holds himself at a distance, and it can be kinda hard to get close, but he's like the dad of the group. And he's a very 'father knows best' kind of dad."

"Grant - Well, first, everyone here holds to Ronith's code. An' that says SO MUCH about them. Everyone here is doing the merc thing for the best reasons. Grant's no exception. Now, Grant has a lot of knowledge, knows a lot of magic, and doesn't hesitate to use that power to help folks. He gave me a talisman with invulnerability in it, so that when I blew up the Haven I didn't die in the process, which as keen. When the Sunaj took my arms off, Grant immediately cast spells on me to heal me, and put my arms back on. I... when I was unconscious, i don't really remember what was going on... But... I think I was dead? Or real damn close. Grant brought me back."
She pulls up her sleeve to show the scars on her right arm. "Some folks'd be mad about this. These scars. Not me. This is a gift. He gave me back my arms, and my life, and this here is a reminder of that, that I'll always cherish. Also - It might be a little telling that he is kind of a neat freak? The way I see it, uh... it's like he likes to get rid of like... infections? An' whether that's dirt, or literal bad guys, don't matter."

"Beltin and Marit are like, an uncle and aunt, I guess? They... kinda make this place a family. Marit's a lot like my mom, and Beltin - the way I see it... I think he tries real hard to see the value in people. Even folks he might not agree with. Hopefully I get to know him better as time goes on, but he kinda keeps to himself."

"Weiss and Zac... They were the first people I met in Merctown. Zac's like a little brother to me, and Weiss... he's a dad. He... he reminds me to reel it in when I'm chattering a mile an hour like I do, and he keeps my feet on the ground when I'm about to pop off, y'know? He's... stable. And strong. I think he does the merc thing just as a job, but again, he hasn't got a problem keeping to Ronith's code, and you can tell he values his family above everything. And when we find his wife Jazia, we're gonna... He and Zac are gonna be so happy, an' be a family like they were again."

"Jack we just met. I get a feeling he uses humor to hide some pain... I know he's scarred up real bad, but he hasn't said why. I think... most of the time? He just wants to do some good for people and forget whatever it was happened to him. I don't quite have a bead on him yet, to be truthful. He seems sincere."

"Barracuda, uh, Benjamin Berry is his real name, but he's a dbee prince of Atlantis in some other dimension. He's..."
She stops and thinks about him a minute. "He, uh, there's a comic book about him. He... really enjoys being a hero and doing good for folks. But there's something... else." She furrows her brow as she thinks about the Lemurian Prince. "I guess of everyone here, he's the most like me. I'm not a princess or anything, but we have similar powers that aren't psychic or magic, and we're both orphans, and I think we're the youngest aside from Zac." Apropos of nothing, she finds herself blushing thinking about the Atlantean hero. Is... is there something there?

"That's everyone I think."


Yojimbo furiously scribbles notes in Japanese on a sheet of parchment about each person Ashlynn describes, nodding and listening intently.

Yes, this will be helpful.

"Thank you, Ashlynn. Your reflections will be most helpful! And, I could not help but notice you mention your arms being severed and Grant helping you. It was a very brave thing you did, facing down these 'Sunaj' of which you speak, despite them presenting a grave danger."

Yojimbo gets down on one knee to get "face to face" with Ashlynn: "I see much of your mother in you, young Ashlynn. You have faced death square in the face and it did not deter you. You have shown kindness to one you did not know and risked yourself for others. Though I have not known you long, you seem to me a fine person, and I am honored to be your protector."

He bows his head sincerely.


Ashlynn wrote:Huey chuffs contentedly, puffing a little smoke in his direction. Ashlynn smiles. "He likes you."


Yojimbo says to Ashlynn, "Hagakure tells us that 'It is important to commend young warriors if they perform their duties well in order to motivate them, even if it was only a trifling achievement,' and Huey acted as a good retainer."

He then turns to Huey: "You performed well, young Huey. If you continue to do so, you will most assuredly be an impressive asset to this team, and a valuable retainer. Train hard!" he says, attempting to be encouraging to the Bookwyrm.

Then, with a sudden shift in direction, he reaches into his pack, and produces a Go board complete with pieces.

"Have either of you ever heard of the oriental game called 'Go'?" he asks Ashlynn and Huey.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:59 am

(rolls carried over)

Yojimbo wrote:"It is clear that, though she knew the risk that she could lose her own life, she still protected you with it. It is easy to talk a big game. But when death comes for one, and one faces it directly - without flinching - this is the mark of a courageous soul who has made peace with the world."


Ashlynn smiles. "Pangur Ban said she was a warrior, even if she'd never held a weapon. T'avi said that knowing what is worth protecting is the most important knowledge to have."

Yojimbo wrote:"Forgive me if I am thick-headed, but I do not understand. Are Weiss and Zac both missing their mothers? What happened?"


Ashlynn snort/laughs. "I'm SO sorry - no... Zac is Weiss'... no... Jazia... is Weiss' wife. Zac's mom. I can't say 'their wife' though 'cause that's weird. And so is 'their mom' apparently. What do you call that kind of relationship? I dunno. Where... you're talking about someone who's two different things to two different people? Funny story: I called her 'our mom' when I promised to find her, even though she's not MY mom. ANYHOW they got separated a while back, and Weiss came here to look for her, since she's... from here I think? Or they had a plan to meet here or something."

She looks around, to see if anyone's eavesdropping. So, here's my plan... I'm gonna hire a detective to find her out of my pay. And I'm gonna try and send word out however I can, too. I promised I'd help find her, and I'm gonna."

Yojimbo wrote:"I see much of your mother in you, young Ashlynn. You have faced death square in the face and it did not deter you. You have shown kindness to one you did not know and risked yourself for others. Though I have not known you long, you seem to me a fine person, and I am honored to be your protector."


Ashlynn smiles, blushing. "I..." Her face grows serious. "Protector? You're my protector? I thought I was YOUR protector!" She laughs.

Yojimbo wrote:"Have either of you ever heard of the oriental game called 'Go'?"


Ashlynn's smile fades. "Yeah. I heard of it. I get it." She stands up and starts to leave.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:49 am

Ashlynn wrote:
Yojimbo wrote:"It is clear that, though she knew the risk that she could lose her own life, she still protected you with it. It is easy to talk a big game. But when death comes for one, and one faces it directly - without flinching - this is the mark of a courageous soul who has made peace with the world."


Ashlynn smiles. "Pangur Ban said she was a warrior, even if she'd never held a weapon. T'avi said that knowing what is worth protecting is the most important knowledge to have."


Yojimbo nods. "It sounds as if you have had wise counsel."

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn snort/laughs. "I'm SO sorry - no... Zac is Weiss'... no... Jazia... is Weiss' wife. Zac's mom. I can't say 'their wife' though 'cause that's weird. And so is 'their mom' apparently. What do you call that kind of relationship? I dunno. Where... you're talking about someone who's two different things to two different people? Funny story: I called her 'our mom' when I promised to find her, even though she's not MY mom. ANYHOW they got separated a while back, and Weiss came here to look for her, since she's... from here I think? Or they had a plan to meet here or something."

She looks around, to see if anyone's eavesdropping. So, here's my plan... I'm gonna hire a detective to find her out of my pay. And I'm gonna try and send word out however I can, too. I promised I'd help find her, and I'm gonna."


"Ahh, I see. Yes, you should keep your promise. I stand ready to assist." he says.

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn smiles, blushing. "I..." Her face grows serious. "Protector? You're my protector? I thought I was YOUR protector!" She laughs.


"I am Yojimbo - bodyguard and protector. As long as I am able, I will protect you from harm. It is my duty and privilege to do so, as you seem a worthy soul."

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn's smile fades. "Yeah. I heard of it. I get it." She stands up and starts to leave.


Where is she... oh! She must see the need for a bigger area to play in with seats and a proper table. Smart!

Yojimbo asks, "Oh, a better place to play? Good thinking. We cannot play the game very well in cramped conditions. Where shall we play, Ashlynn? You know this place better than I."

Yojimbo begins to put the Go pieces and board back into their case and gets ready to follow her to the new playing location.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 64
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 20 and Original post: 1d100 = 42


Leaning against the counter in the kitchen, looking down toward the sandwich he is about to bite into, Jack has an epiphany. We all need a night out. You can't coop people like us up. we will all go stir crazy. We all need to just go out. He looks down at the two furry little friends by his feet and breaks them each off a piece of his sandwich. "Careful, you guys each to much and I will have to put you in aerobics class with huey." Jack smiles to his companions.

Ok, so I just need to track everyone down and talk them into dinner. Or. Just need to track down one person. Then she can track the rest and talk them into diner. Jack smiles a big grin, Oh this should be priceless.

Jack put his sandwich on the counter and heads out to Zoe's office. Once he gets there, if she is there, he will say, "Hey babe, day going any better? How about you take the group out to diner? Maybe some drinks too. Could be a great bonding exercise! What do you think?" Jack chuckles a little knowing he may get a rise out of her but willing and ready for the rodeo to follow.

"Just saying, we are a restless bunch. The longer we are in the house the less chance we have of burning off our extra energy. That's how things like pickle flicking come about. Speaking of which," he pause for a second almost wanting to invite her to the next time then decides not to, nah, don't want to push her that hard. "I would like to apologize for starting that little fiasco. I was just trying to come up with a little harmless fun." I'll just leave it there, no need to completely piss her off. Yet. Jack grins big and waits for her reply.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:51 am

ROLLS CARRIED

Ashlynn wrote:She'll then turn to Zac. "Hey Zac! Sorry about the roof thing. I hope you didn't get in trouble for what I was doing. I also remembered I gotta teach you how to ride a motorcycle! So lemme know when you're ready for a lesson."

Then, she reveals her ulterior motive. "So, uh... Zac. Can you tell me about your mom? Like - I, uh... was really young when I lost my mom, so... I kinda promised to help find your mom, and the more I know about her the better I can keep my promise." ashlynn smiles.

She listens intently to Zac, trying to make a mental note of anything he says that might help - currently, all she knows is that her name is Jazia.


Zac looks around, checking Weiss isn't watching before reaching into a pouch next to where a Wilk's 320 Laser Pistol is holstered at his side. He pulls out a picture similar to the one Ashlynn would have seen on the console of the Blue beauty when she was acting as a gunner. This one is less intimate, with several more people on it. A younger Zac and Weiss, alongside a blue skinned woman in a dress are in the left of centre of the picture, which appears to be a formal group picture. There appears to be several familial groups on there of various different species, though Weiss, Zac and you guess Jazia are the only mixed family. None of them are heavily armed or armoured.

"Happier times," Zac says, his expression looking down, "that's Mum," he points to the blue skinned woman, "we lived together in a farming commune as Dad referred to it or occasionally easy target when he had dealt with some bandits. This was taken maybe a couple of years after they adopted me. She didn't speak much about her past, at least not to me, but she was always warm and knew how to do loads of things. Dad was always useless at planting crops, but he'd do most of the protection around the place."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 am

(Rolls carried over)

Conversation with Zac

Zac wrote:"Happier times... that's Mum. We lived together in a farming commune as Dad referred to it or occasionally easy target when he had dealt with some bandits. This was taken maybe a couple of years after they adopted me. She didn't speak much about her past, at least not to me, but she was always warm and knew how to do loads of things. Dad was always useless at planting crops, but he'd do most of the protection around the place."


Ashlynn stares at the photo in rapt attention. They seem so happy... I hope she's okay, wherever she is.

Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 38 (determine as much as I can from the picture - SUCCESS)

For Weiss
"Can discern if a person is educated or not, rich or poor, blue collar or white collar, what part of the country they come from, if they are an artist/skilled labor/management, flush with cash or on a budget, being honest or lying/putting on airs, happy or discontented, and genuinely friendly or working an angle." - Ashlynn's specifically forcusing on the underscored items, and given she's looking at a photograph, I recognize that her impressions are limited to the time the picture was taken (for example, she may have been rich at the time, but Ashlynn would have no idea of her current finances, obviously).

"She's beautiful. I'll bet she's a wonderful mom, too. She has caring eyes. So... how'd you guys get separated?"




A Game of Go

Yojimbo wrote:"Oh, a better place to play? Good thinking. We cannot play the game very well in cramped conditions. Where shall we play, Ashlynn? You know this place better than I."



Ashlynn stops in her tracks. "Wait... what? I thought you were telling me to ... to go. You mean there's an actual GAME... called 'Go'? I mean, why? Do you have to go somewhere to play it?"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Zoe Barenger » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:41 pm

RONITH -

After a few hours of research, ronith decides to head for Starbright Jewellers. With the gems secure, he headsoff. When he gets there, he is greeted by an armed guard on the outside of the shop. ”Excuse me sir? May I inquire as to the reason of your visit?” Once Ronith explains who he is and why he has come, the guard takes a step back. The guard hits a keypad and the door opens. ”Go in sir Ronith. My apologies for not recognizing you straight away. I only know you by reputation.” He returns to his post as Ronith enters the shop.

As soon as he has cleared the doorway, he hears a deep robotic voice. ”Halt. Please submit to sensor scan and disarm before entry.” Turning Ronith sees a heavy combat cyborg, who nods at the cyberknight ”I know who you are. Nobody gets in without a scan and being disarmed. As per my orders, i apologize.

Upon Ronith’s agreement to the conditions, he is allowed in. Upon entry, Ronith notices that this is a posh, well-to-do place, although there is some impressive muscle around as security. Above all else he notice the shop clerk. An attractive elven lady, whom is speaking into a phone as he enters. When she notices Ronith, she hangs up and presses a button. Within a second a man exits from a door on the wall. He is an older man with a large smile on his face. ”As I live and breathe!! Sir ronith in my shop. I am Franklin Merrindale, owner of this humble establishment. How may i serve?” Afterronith tells of his query, Franklin’s face lights up. ”You have come to the right place. I know of you and your exploits. I am a fan, so i will exchange these at 5%. Sound fair?” With a handshake, the deal is done. Ronith leaves with a cred stick of 950,000cr.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Zoe Barenger » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:05 am

JACK -

Zoe looks up from her paperwork as jack speaks. ”Oh it is you. Just the one I wanted to speak to. there is a sudden gust of wind in the room. The door slams shut and a chair slides over nearJack. ”SIT!” There are sparks of lightning around her as she says that. Once Jack is sitting, she takes a calming breathe. ”Jack, right? I am the majordomo here and as such the management of this base and it personnel are my primary concern. Ronith and Weiss have said good things about you, but no one mentioned the antics of a child. I will allow today’s shenanigans as pent up boredom. If you could find more productive ways of releasing it, that would be ideal.

Finally letting Jack get a word in, Zoe listens. Once he is done, she nods. ”I agree. That would be a good team building opportunity. You all decide together where to go and H4H will cover it.” she reaches in her desk and pulls out a credstick. ”This has 10k on it. Don't spend it all, although with this group… you may. I want receipts.” she hands him to card. ”This is on you. I will hold you responsible for anything good or bad that happens, Clear?” with confirmation for Jack, the door blows open and he is free to leave.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 70
JIC: 1d20 = 20 and 1d100 = 3

Zoe Barenger wrote:JACK -

Zoe looks up from her paperwork as jack speaks. ”Oh it is you. Just the one I wanted to speak to. there is a sudden gust of wind in the room. The door slams shut and a chair slides over nearJack. ”SIT!” There are sparks of lightning around her as she says that. Once Jack is sitting, she takes a calming breathe. ”Jack, right? I am the majordomo here and as such the management of this base and it personnel are my primary concern. Ronith and Weiss have said good things about you, but no one mentioned the antics of a child. I will allow today’s shenanigans as pent up boredom. If you could find more productive ways of releasing it, that would be ideal.

Finally letting Jack get a word in, Zoe listens. Once he is done, she nods. ”I agree. That would be a good team building opportunity. You all decide together where to go and H4H will cover it.” she reaches in her desk and pulls out a credstick. ”This has 10k on it. Don't spend it all, although with this group… you may. I want receipts.” she hands him to card. ”This is on you. I will hold you responsible for anything good or bad that happens, Clear?” with confirmation for Jack, the door blows open and he is free to leave.


Jack takes the brow beating like a champ. Women always like to feel like they are in charge. He keeps his head down and pretends to listen until he hears her say "I agree". His ears perk up and he looks up from his show of shame and a smile starts to grow on his face. I can get receipts, [i] he thinks to himself while she finishes. "Good or bad, yes mam. I'm responsible for the outcome."

Jack takes the cred stick for Zoe and says, "Thank you!" he turns and walks out of the office. [i]We gonna Parrteee!, [i] he thinks to himself on the way out. He looks for the team and find Ashlynn, Yojimbo, Weiss and Zac in the garage.

"Hey guys, I talked to Zoe about us all going out to dinner and she thought that was a great idea. She gave me a cred stick to pay for diner too. So what do you all think?" he looks over and up at Yojimbo, "I know you don't eat big fella, you should come anyway. Diner isn't just about sustenance. It's about time together too.

He turns back to the general group, "So who is in? No shenanigans this time. Just a good group diner to get to know each other. [i]Well maybe a little shenanigans.
Jack smiles slyly.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:38 pm

rolls carried

Ashlynn wrote:"She's beautiful. I'll bet she's a wonderful mom, too. She has caring eyes. So... how'd you guys get separated?"


Zac gulps, his face goes a little lighter shade of red as he looks uncomfortable

Dad and I... we ... weren't home when it happened. We'd gone over to another community just to pick up a few pieces and a bit of trading whilst Mum and the others were doing stuff around the place. Dad they didn't let near the crops. Black finger they called him." Zac cheers up trying to remember some happier memories before talking about some stuff that clearly bothers him.

OOC Comments
I'll let our AGM fill in the response to your eyeballing


"As we came back, there was smoke in the distance. Dad would not let us go closer whilst he frantically trying to contact mum and the others on the radio from the hover truck." Zac sits down at one of the workshop tables, putting his hands together on the table.

"When he couldn't, we dropped off the hovertruck and snuck over to the hidden redoubt Dad calls ... no called it, where the Beauty was hidden. he wouldn't let me go into the farm, he was insistent, even giving me the pistol just in case. He said that if it got to the point he had to use it, then we were screwed." he pats the pistol at his side.

"I heard a load of shooting which took a few minutes to stop then Dad messaged me to come in. never heard him sound like that even when he'd had to drive off bandits and the like. The place was ... " Zac chokes back a sob, obviously reaching an upsetting memory, "it wasn't home anymore. Corpses everywhere, some I recognised, there were parts of things all over the place... Beauty took some damage... Dad tried to keep me away from the worst of it, but I knew some of those people and there were the things that killed him. Dad and the others were getting information whilst he sent me to our quarters. Place was trashed like they turned it over. When I came out, whatever they said, freaked Dad out. Said we had to go looking for Mum. Some of the people survived, so we escorted them with what was left to a nearby town and then Dad insisted on heading out."

He rubs his legs at the next memory

"Dad had to get her fixed, but we went to a place near the Pecos Badlands. Dad said he and Mum had a few contingencies in case of emergency. From the looks on his face, I think he exhausted them by the time we got there. Took a day or so, but Dad finally made a decision come here. I don't think he wanted to though. I don't recommend being in the Beauty for too long. Not a lot of leg room."

Jack McDermott wrote:"Hey guys, I talked to Zoe about us all going out to dinner and she thought that was a great idea. She gave me a cred stick to pay for diner too. So what do you all think?" he looks over and up at Yojimbo, "I know you don't eat big fella, you should come anyway. Diner isn't just about sustenance. It's about time together too.

He turns back to the general group, "So who is in? No shenanigans this time. Just a good group diner to get to know each other.


Zac looks over at Weiss, who in turn looks up from where he is working. Weiss shrugs, not too fussed, as he is still under the effects of the sustain spell Grant cast. Still, considering this group, somebody needs to keep an eye on them.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 am

**Rolls Carried**

A Game of Go

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn stops in her tracks. "Wait... what? I thought you were telling me to ... to go. You mean there's an actual GAME... called 'Go'? I mean, why? Do you have to go somewhere to play it?"


Why would she... thinks Yojimbo for a moment, confused.

"Sumimasen, Ashlynn," says the Holy Terror, apologizing.

"It appears I really am a stranger in a strange land, as some might say. Yes, there is a game... an ancient game, really... it is called 'Go' - it is the name of the game, so it does not mean the same thing as the word 'go' in American. However, it does need a small amount of space to play... similar to many board games here. Would you like to learn it?" he says to Ashlynn, before looking at the Bookwyrm and following up with, "You are welcome to learn it too, if you like, Huey."

Just don't burn up the board and pieces.




Team Building

Jack McDermott wrote:He looks for the team and find Ashlynn, Yojimbo, Weiss and Zac in the garage.

"Hey guys, I talked to Zoe about us all going out to dinner and she thought that was a great idea. She gave me a cred stick to pay for diner too. So what do you all think?" he looks over and up at Yojimbo, "I know you don't eat big fella, you should come anyway. Diner isn't just about sustenance. It's about time together too.

He turns back to the general group, "So who is in? No shenanigans this time. Just a good group diner to get to know each other. Well maybe a little shenanigans. Jack smiles slyly.


Yojimbo is unsure what to make of the invitation.

I want to believe he is sincere this time, but... so far... he has not shown a proclivity for sincerity. And, if this group dinner is anything like other group dinners I have seen, drinking will be involved... which will result in an undesirable outcome.

Skill Roll: Anthropology (figure out how to approach the situation without offending)--> 1d100 = 63/42%

He stands there in awkward silence for a moment, unsure of how to proceed without offending.

"Thank you for your gracious offer. However, bad things tend to occur when I am present in the same place as alcohol, and I suspect there will be plenty of alcohol flowing - so it is probably best if I do not attend. Please accept my apology for being unable to join you," he says to Jack with a bow.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:24 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 70
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 20 and Original post: 1d100 = 3


Yojimbo wrote:Yojimbo is unsure what to make of the invitation.

He stands there in awkward silence for a moment, unsure of how to proceed without offending.

"Thank you for your gracious offer. However, bad things tend to occur when I am present in the same place as alcohol, and I suspect there will be plenty of alcohol flowing - so it is probably best if I do not attend. Please accept my apology for being unable to join you," he says to Jack with a bow.


Jack smiles, The big fella is a bit nervous, can't blame him. Jack cocks his head slightly, "Listen Yojimbo, this doesn't have to be a party." Not that a party is a bad thing, he thinks spontaneously mid sentence. "This is more of an opportunity for the team to share time, talk, get to know each other. A bonding exercise. You don't feel comfy around booze. We find a place that is straight food."

We don't have to be drunk to enjoy life. Hell, who knows how long we have left. "Maybe even diner and a show. I don't know a whole lot about Merctown but maybe they have some singers or dancers for entertainment during a meal. Either way, could be a good opportunity to learn our culture."

Jack turns and looks at Ashlynn, "Looks like Huey is hungry! You guys in?" Turning back to Weis and Zac, "Can't say I know much about you two, maybe your not interested in sharing. A good meal can't hurt either way." Jack looks around the gararge, "I saw barracuda in the pool earlier, who else is home?
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:44 am

(Rolls carried over)

Conversation with Zac
Ashlynn listens to Zac's tale earnestly, absorbing all of the information she can. Oh my gods... it sounds so much like what happened to me and my family... I wonder how many people that happens to, and how often... Poor kid. At least he's still got his dad. I had no one until Pangur Ban and the Myrmidon's Might found me. Well... if I have any say aobut it, he'll have his mom back too, and sooner rather than later.

Ashlynn nods. "Zac, I know how you feel. We're gonna find your mom - I promise. And I always keep my promises." I wonder if she's a prisoner somewhere - we'd have to know who attacked the settlement, though... I'll have to get that info from Weiss.




A Game of Go
Yojimbo wrote:"Sumimasen, Ashlynn.

"It appears I really am a stranger in a strange land, as some might say. Yes, there is a game... an ancient game, really... it is called 'Go' - it is the name of the game, so it does not mean the same thing as the word 'go' in American. However, it does need a small amount of space to play... similar to many board games here. Would you like to learn it?"


Ashlynn's eyes register the mistake and she imemdiately chuckles. She winks and poitns at Yojimbo. "Gotcha. he name is similar to how Hagbard used to tell me how to get outta his face whne he was workin', when I was little. He had a buncha ways. Snipe hunt, the 'lets see how long you can hold your breath' game, and, yeah, the game of 'Go Away.' But yeah, if you're talkin' about a real game, I'm down. We can play, uh..." Seh sizes the Holy Terror up, wondering briefly how much damage he'd do to the upper floors, and discards the idea to suggest her room. "In the foyer? It's plenty big enough, and has the comfy chairs."

At his invitation, Huey chuffs a bit, but is otherwise uninterested in non-food-related games.




Shenanigans

Jack wrote:"Hey guys, I talked to Zoe about us all going out to dinner and she thought that was a great idea. She gave me a cred stick to pay for diner too. So what do you all think? So who is in? No shenanigans this time. Just a good group diner to get to know each other.


Ashlynn screws up her mouth as she side-eyes Jack. No shenanigans my ass. This guy is sketchier than an art gallery. Still... I can eat.

She looks to Yojimbo as he demurs, needing no food, and not wanting to be around alcohol. There's something there - he doesn't like when people drink. Well... that's fair enough. Folks can get stupid when they drink.

Jack wrote:"This is more of an opportunity for the team to share time, talk, get to know each other. A bonding exercise. You don't feel comfy around booze. We find a place that is straight food. Maybe even dinner and a show. I don't know a whole lot about Merctown but maybe they have some singers or dancers for entertainment during a meal. Either way, could be a good opportunity to learn our culture."


She looks back to Yojimbo. "No drinking. I promise. An' I know you don't eat, but... I like having my Yojimbo around." She smiles. "First, you can teach me 'Go', and then we can go an' you can watch me eat." She grins.

"T'avi used to say it was fascinating."

Jack wrote:"Looks like Huey is hungry! You guys in?"


Ash nods enthusiastically. "Yep! And it'll be a good time to feed Huey - I don't want him eating too much between meals, y'know, but dinner is dinner. And they'll have fish, which is good for him."

She looks to Weiss next, to see if 'dad' or Zac are coming. "Guys?"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest