Sandusky Six (complete)

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Sandusky Six (complete)

Postby Virtus » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:11 am

A group of outlaws calling themselves the Sandusky Six are plaguing traveling merchants in the surrounding 100 miles around Merctown. Sometimes they leave certain merchants alone while taking everything from others. What are they after? Why so picky?
Virtus
Game Master

Re: Sandusky Six

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 38
JIC: 1d20 = 1 and 1d100 = 7

Excited Jack leaves the meeting looking for the team, This is my chance to show them I am not useless. Keep it together. Be serious. Jack finds them in the hallway already discussing something. "Sandusky? We working that first? What does everybody think? Personally I think it is a group of weak men preying on the innocent. I could be wrong. Jack looks down thoughtfully, We need to figure out what is going on and why?

Anybody have any thoughts on where to start? 100 miles is a big area to search. I guess we need some info.

Jack purses his lips, hmm, maybe we talk to the victims. How do we find them? He looks up at Ashlyn, "Should we ask Zoe who posted the job? Maybe we start there and see if we can get a list of the victims? Sound like a good idea?
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:28 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 85

JIC 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 12

Jack McDermott wrote:"Sandusky? We working that first? What does everybody think? Personally I think it is a group of weak men preying on the innocent. I could be wrong. Anybody have any thoughts on where to start? 100 miles is a big area to search. I guess we need some info. Should we ask Zoe who posted the job? Maybe we start there and see if we can get a list of the victims? Sound like a good idea?"

Ashlynn looks grim. ""They better HOPE they're not just preying on the weak, or lemme tell ya, it' ain't gonna be pretty! Yeah, I'll check with Zoe and see if there's any we can talk to nearabouts."

Ash basically skips to Zoe's Office.

"HEY ZO! So, we're on the Sandusky Six mission - did they leave a list of the people that've been hit?"

Zoe barely looks up from her work. "Yes. Here." She holds up a sheet. Ashlynn steps forward to take it, but Zoe pulls it back and looks up at her.

"Remember that you are representing the Heroes for Hire when you talk to them, so try to keep it professional." She holds the sheet back to Zoe. Ashlynn nods as she takes it, her face reddening. I'm never gonna live that down... you blow up ONE building, and you throw a couple fish strips, and suddenly you're the troublemaker.

"Yes'm."

She takes the list and returns to Jack, and gathers Weiss and Yojimbo on the way.

Waving the list in the air, she says "Here's the contact info for the folk's who got stopped. We can hit this in pairs or solo - there's probably enough for everyone." she lays the list out on the table.

"Looks like a couple are based in MercTown, some of these here were only coming into town for business and are based elsewhere... and.. these ones... look like they live in settlements nearby."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68

Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57/37%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 33
JIC (20): 1d20 = 11

Yojimbo follows along with the group. Being the "new guy", he doesn't want to rock the boat, and besides, he likes Ashlynn and can keep an eye on Jack while he's with him (he's a bit worried about Jack after the nihilistic tendencies displayed previously).

"Perhaps we could travel along with some 'easy targets' as bait, and capture some of the mercenaries when they strike?" he thinks.

I'm sure they won't hesitate at the sight of a 10' metallic suit of armor in tow... he then thinks sarcastically to himself.

When Ashlynn returns with the list, he looks it over to see if he can recognize any patterns.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60

Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
Yojimbo

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 14 and 1d100 = 76

Jack looks over the list of victims, four groups, wow, that's almost perfect. That barely ever happens. Jack looks up at the group, "Ok. 4 groups of victims. Addresses and names. We need to interview these folks and then find out what they might have in common. Jack looks back down at the list, "maybe we can be more efficient if we each interview a group."

Giving the list his full consideration he slides his figure down and stops, "The Robinsons's huh. I think I'll take this one. Mrs. Robinson and her 3 children it says. I wonder where her husband was at the time. Seems interesting anyway. So. Yeah, I'll go interview Mrs. Robinson and see what kind of information she can provide on the assailants."

Jack looks up at the group and hold the list out for any of the others who wants to look next, "Why don't you guys take a look and figure out which group you want to interview. It says Mrs. Robinson lives just outside of Merctown so once we finalize plans and come up with a meet back plan I'll head out." This should be interesting, I wonder what momma has been up to? I wonder what they took.

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Magic (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:

M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:25 am

(rolls carried for the remainder of this thread)

Ashlynn slides the list across the table towards her, and says "Shoot. You got Robinson? Dang, I wanted Robinson. I'll take..." she looks at the next name on the list.

"Perrson?" She looks again. "Jeff... Perrson? OH NO THAT'S NOT SUSPICIOUS AT ALL." she slides the list back to where it was.

"I'll go interview this 'Perrson' person. Apparently he's here in Merctown? So.. that's good at least."

After everyone has scrutinized the list and chosen their target, Ashlynn and Huey go out to find Jeff Perrson. Occupying a second-story apartment over a garage in the Spokes, Ashlynn finds the address easily enough. She climbs the stairs to the apartment and rings the doorbell.

The door opens, and a man stands there. Or, most of him, as he appears to be missing a nose.

"Hi! I'm Ashlynn! are you Mr. Perrson?"

The man laughed, and threw the door wider. "I sure am! come on in, Ashlynn, good to meet ya! What brings you around these parts?"

"Well, Mr. Perrson,"

"Jeff, please, Mr. Perrson is my dad!"

Ashlynn smiles. "Jeff. See, I'm with the Heroes for Hire and..."

"The HEROES FOR HIRE? I heard about you guys - didn't someone blow up your headquarters not that long ago? I saw the commotion from right here," He points at his window, as Ashlynn's face reddens.

"Yeah that was me, and we got a job to look into some..."

"THAT WAS YOU? Golly!"

"Yeah, uh, and we got the job to look into some bandits that..."

"BANDITS! I can tell you about bandits! Did you know we got stopped by some not that long ago - heading here to merctown after takin' a delivery down in Lone Star. They stopped us, sure enough, six guys in armor and helmets - couldn't see skin on any one of 'em."

"YEAH! That's what I'm here to ask about, they..."

"They held us up and they looked like they were gonna take it all but one of 'em clocks my face and just goes 'Quick-flex?' just like that and..."

"You're a Quickflex?"

"Explains the nose, don't it?" The man smiled. Ashlynn noticed his features through the light of understanding. the large eyes, pinhole nostrils on a noseless face, and boundless energy. Most quickflex could pass for human, but anyoone who has any familiarity with them would know them for a dbee sooner or later.

"Yes. So I have to..."

"'QUICK-FLEX?' he asks, just like that, like I said, and I only nod, y'know, 'cause he's got a honkin' big gun pointed where my nose outta be if I had one, I nod and he just lowers the gun and goes, 'You're free to go, brother.'"

"Ask if..."

"FREE to GO, he says, and he spins his finger in the air like whoop-de-doo and he and his buddies just pack up and leave us there holding the bags, like, LITERALLY, and they just GO."

"They might've said or done..."

"BROTHER he calls me, like, I'm wondering if this guy's a quick-flex too, you know? Or if Mr. Perrson - that's my dad - left me some siblings I didn't know about somewhere. My dad was a travelling salesman, you know - could cover a route in jig-time, you see, so he was all over the place, selling his geegaws and jimcracks. His... his... greebles and widgets."

"Anything unusual."

Jeff looked at Ashlynn quizzically. "How's that?"

"Did... did they say or do anything unusual?"

He stands and thinks for a moment.

"Not that I recall, no ma'am."

Dismayed, Ashlynn says. "Well... thanks for your time, I guess. If you think of anything give us a call. We're in the Mys..."

"Mystic Quarter, I know. I saw the explosion." He smiles and, as she leaves, closes the door behind her.

Oh well... Maybe the others'll come up with something.
Ashlynn

M.D.C. by Location:
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:18 am

**rolls held**

Instead of interviewing people who have already had encounters with the "bandits", Yojimbo makes a crude map of the encounters and tries to piece things together.

He tries to connect any dots or see any patterns that might explain why sometimes things are taken, and other times, not.

Discovering the motivations of the bandits will help us learn how to defeat them and get to the bottom of this situation.. he thinks.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60

Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
Yojimbo

Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:50 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 6
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 14 and Original post: 1d100 = 76

Jack make his way out to the Robinson homestead. The family living outside of Merctown gives him a chance to get some "openness". As much as he has enjoyed the creature comforts of Merctown he seems to find himself missing the wilderness just a bit. Never thought I would be enjoying a walk in the wild. Guess things grow on you over time.

Finally arriving at the house Jack knocks on the door and is greeted by a middle age women. He is immediately struck by her, No way this woman has three kids, he thinks to himself. "Mrs. Robinson?", he says while holding his hand out. "Yes, that is me. How can I help you?" the woman responds. Now that the woman is fully out in the light of day Jack can see that her eye is swollen and black.

"My name is Jack and I have been assigned to investigate a bunch of bandits in the outlands surrounding Merctown. I was told you had a run in with them and was wondering if you could tell me a little about it." Jack cocks his head slightly, "Did they do that to you?"

The woman turns slightly to cover up the bruise, he shoulders drop slightly and she sighs, "Yes, we were attacked. Not far from here. To be honest I was scared to even answer the door because of how close it happened. I was out with my three children Manny, Moe and Jack when it happened." Jack looks at her with a small bit of sadness, what kind of monster would attack a women like this? This is what the world has come to. Insanity.

"I am very sorry to here that. I had a tough time of it myself coming up in the wilds and I truly hate to hear these things especially from such a nice lady like yourself. Was your husband away on business? Can you tell me anything about the men who attacked you?" Jack asks the woman. "Oh no, there is no Mr. Robinson. He passed a year back. It's just me and the boys." A smirk peaks on Jack's face when he hears that the lady is a widow. "As for those disgusting B-bees, I didn't get to see much of them. They where all covered and such. They just kept calling us human scum. They took everything frightened my boys awful. They hit me and told me that the human race didn't deserve earth."

Hearing the lady's story brings years of pain to the forefront of Jack's mind. "Damn it. it's always the same. Doesn't ever change." "I can promise you, the heroes for Hire will bring these losers to justice. I will personally see to it myself." The woman looks up at jack and smiles shyly, "Would you like to come in for a cold beverage and a sandwich? Its a bit of a walk back to Merctown. You are more than welcome," the woman asks. Jack replies quickly, "Why yes, that sounds lovely, "

Some hours later, after "discussing" the incident Jack makes his way back to the road and hops on his boar for the ride home. D-B scum, Weiss isn't gonna like this one. Can't let these sumbags keep doing this to innocent people. It isn't fair." His mind is filled with aweful memories of being terrorized and taken advantage of. Inside the anger that had slowly been subsiding since joining the Heroes for Hire starts to grow again. I do need to do something. I can't just stand back and watch stuff like this anymore. Jack heads back the house to discuss with the team.

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Magic (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:

M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:15 pm

Perception 1d100 = 24
JIC 1d100 = 91d20 = 11

Having spent the last week carrying out repairs to the Blue Beauty, Weiss joins the investigation a little later

When I get chance, I need to get around to installing a vibroblade on the Beauty. Just punching things is not going to cut it. Literally.

"So tell me Dr ..." Weiss shuffles his notes, "I swear this says Angelo Beechum, not Angela. The person who typed your report needs some training. So can you tell me what happened?"

Dr Beechum turns from her work station and gives Weiss that friendly doctor smile
"It was strange, we were doing our rounds out at, ... where was it again, oh yes, the Bensis farm, the ones who raise the armoured broncos. You may have had one at..."

"The thieves Dr Beechum please." Weiss gently interrupted

"Several armed men held our transport up. We were carrying some medical supplies, nothing expensive, but they demanded them for DBee liberation army then Cyan," she motions towards her Fennodi assistant, "got out of the cab and it was strange, they all turned their weapons on him before one of them said something to the others. They cried D'bees forever they cried before fleeing. I have had training Mr Weiss. When they pointed guns at me, I did not get the feeling that they were inclined to shoot me, but when Cyan appeared, the atmosphere changed. It was weird Mr Weiss, but then with guns pointing at me, I ended up staring more at their muddy boots than anything else."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:06 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 6
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 14 and Original post: 1d100 = 76

Back at the House Jack finds the group in the living room discussing he case, "Ok, so it seems these scumbags beat an innocent lady down and took he supplies. That's what I got out of Mrs. Robinson." Maybe some other things too, but a gentlemen and all, Jack smiles briefly in remembrance of his "conversation" with Mrs. Robinson then looks over at Weiss and straightens his face out. "Listen Weiss, she said they called her human scum. I guess another human might say something like that but doesn't really happen that often." Looking back at the rest of the group, "I'm pretty much sold that it is a group of D-bees. I don't know what the motive might be other than greed and anger though. They got some food and limited supplies from the lady but nothing of real value. From her description they didn't sound desperate and weak, so I doubt it was just for the food."

Jack sits down on the couch, "So what did you guys get? Same kind of story? Anybody get a clue as to where we might start?"

Yojimbo is the first to speak up, he talks about the patterns in their attacks as if it was a beautiful painting. "There is definitely a pattern here," he says. "Great, good work. That will come in handy with picking our final attack location. I wish we had a clue on where they came from. I know that area really well."

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Magic (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:

M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:07 am

(rolls irrelevant)

Jack wrote:"So what did you guys get? Same kind of story? Anybody get a clue as to where we might start?

Ashlynn shakes her head and shrugs. "Nah, it was pretty normal, I guess, for a bandit attack. they stopped him, and they were gonna rob him, only they didn't 'cause he was a quick-flex I guess. They called him 'brother'"

She sighs. "Beyond that, he didn't see anything unusual at all."

Yojimbo wrote:"There is definitely a pattern here,"

Jack wrote:"Great, good work. That will come in handy with picking our final attack location. I wish we had a clue on where they came from. I know that area really well."

Ashlynn looks at the map with the giant Holy Terror, and watches as he points out the attack locations in the order they occurred.

She screws up her face. "I'm not seeing any pattern."

Yojimbo turns his head to look at her, his face inscrutable. "Remember our Go lesson, little one. Each move calculated to draw a specific countermove. If I put counters here, here, here, and here..." He gestures at the map, [/b]"What am I attacking? What am I defending?"[/b]

Ashlynn studies the map. "They could be attacks of opportunity. Which would place them in this general area" she waves her hand around an area of the map. Looking more closely at the marked roads, she adds "But... they could be designed to look like opportunity, to draw us away..."

She slams a finger down in a town on the map. "The attacks are all accessible from roads leading here, but none of the attacks are near it. They're either here, or close to it." She looks up at Yojimbo for approval. Gently, he moves her finger to an area area marked topographically on the map as a narrow ravine with a dirt track leading into it, and nods.

Ashlynn rides in their transport to the area pointed out by Yojimbo on the map, window open - the air ruffling and tousling her hair. She hollers out to the crew. "So... I'm to act as bait? I can do that!"

When they reach the designated location, they offload Weiss, Yojimbo, and Jack to take their positions, and Ashlynn drives on. This ain't my first ambush... but it IS the first where I'm the bait, and not waiting quietly out of harm's way... I hope I do this right.

As expected, she sees a vehicle across the road up ahead, and a pair of ATVs on either side. She slows. Let 'em think I'm afraid... Suddenly, she throttles forward in a jerk, and cuts the wheel hard, spinning to the left. The transport fishtails, and finds itself heading back in the direction it came, as the ATVs follow soon after. Behind her, the bigger vehicle backs up and then forwrd onto the road in pursuit.

She speeds up, leading them into the Heroes for Hire's excellently-placed ambush.

She skids to a halt as she passes the ambush point, and the ATVs are too slow to stop. They find themselves in Weiss and Jack's crosshairs, and one of the ATVs actually rolls over, spilkling its driver onto the gravel. The bandits' truck rumbles to a halt out of the line of fire, and begins aiming it's turret.

Yojimbo, however, had accounted for this, and bull-rushes the bigger vehicle, slamming into it with his shoulder and tipping it onto its side.

As the bandits crawl out of the flipped ATV, they face a large metal-armored behemoth, and though their masked faces betray no emotion, they scramble to try to find cover.

After a short but fierce firefight, the bandits surrender. Weiss, Jack, and Ashlynn manage to tie them up, intent on delivering them to the authorities at Merctown, as Yojimbo's menacing presence quells any thoughts of a last minute escape.

He assists as they move the prisoners to a single location, and his deep voice intones to Jack and Weiss "You may question them now, if you wish."

Ashlynn rights the flipped over ATV, and collects keys and waits as Yojimbo pushes the flipped-over truck to a rightside-up position so she can search it.
Ashlynn

M.D.C. by Location:
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:24 am

(Rolls held)

Catching his breath from the battle Jack looks to the group of bandits tied up and kneeling in front of a tree, "You bastards are real brave huh. Picking on women and children. Your bull spit d-bee liberation front is a joke. The biggest joke I have ever know." Jack looks down and spits, a flood of memories run through his mind and suddenly he is filled with a rush of anger. Jack runs towards to the group and kicks one right in the stomach. "You like that? I like that," he says and kicks him in the face up ward to get the creep in a sitting position again.

Jack takes a knee in front of him and grabs his mask, "Why hide your face coward?" Jack tears the mask from the bandits face and sees a man, What the hell? Must be one of those human looking ones. Jack stands back up confused and still angry. He looks over the whole group, I need to unmask them all. Jack moves from bandit to bandit removing helmets and masks. One by one he find humans under each until he is done with the entire group. Jack stumbles back, confused, But. What. Why. What the hell is going on here?

Jack looks over at the rest of the heroes, "I can't even. What the hell? I. I don't understand." Jack walks back away from the group, obviously working through some things in his head.

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Magic (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:

M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:39 am

Ashlynn is searching the big truck as she hears a commotion outside, blows landing, and angry exclamations. She hops out of the truck to see Jack standing over the bandits, their masks thrown haphazardly about on the ground.

"What's goin' on here, Jack?"

Yojimbo also approaches, observing quietly for now.

"Hey... they're not dbees. What gives?"
Ashlynn

M.D.C. by Location:
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 am

(rolls held)

Jack stands there with his back to the bandits, "They're. Human. Not D-bees." He looks up and an anger appears on his face even greater than before. They do this to innocent people. Women. Children. No more. NO MORE! Jack turns back toward the group of bandits, "NO MORE! He screams as he runs to the first one he can reach. Jack begins to beat the man un-mercilessly while he screams "NO MORE!" over and over again. When the man slumps over he turns to the next man. Caught in a rage eyes blank he dishes out as much damage as he can.

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Magic (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:

M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:19 am

As Jack goes to flavortown on the thugs, Ashlynn's eyes boggle.

"Whoa, whoa, WHOA! They're already beaten!" She bounces over to him and attempts to wrestle him away from the thugs. Though they are nearly equal in strength, he is enraged, so she finds it tough going until, suddenly, Yojimbo appears at her side. He lunges at the smaller man and manages a grab of one of Jack's arms. He begins to simply walk away from the prisoners, dragging Jack with him. "This is dishonorable behavior, Jack."

Ashlynn begins tending the prisoners, to make sure Jack didn't critically injure anyone when he went berserk, applying first aid as needed to any of Jack's victims.

Yojimbo stops about 100' away and lets Jack stand, though he does not release him.

"Explain yourself."
Ashlynn

M.D.C. by Location:
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:57 am

(rolls Held)

Jack looks up at Ashlynn, "I'll explain," he says. He looks over at Weiss, "You want to know who they are?" He turns back to Yojimbo, "They. Are them." He truns and points to the two men he was beating. He drops his head and turns back to the group, "They did this to me. Years ago. They robbed me. Beat me. Left me for dead."

Jack sits down, exhausted. "They called me "human scum". They made me believe. Believe. It doesn't matter. They won't do it anymore now." Jack pulls his face buff up and stares at the ground.

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Magic (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:

M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Weiss » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:51 pm

rolls held

"Jack, the doctor mentioned some specific type of mud. Guessing it might be only in a few places! Weiss gives the team their lead to find where the Sandusky 6 were based.

He hated putting Ash as bait, but the others did not exactly fit the profile. When they surrounded them, he targeted their vehicles, preventing any of them from escaping. He was not in the mood to play nice. He'd protected Dbees in the past and fought them when required, but a pro/racist group like this had always seemed a more Human problem.

One of their number did try to make a run for it past the Blue Beauty to which Weiss merely swung out an arm, poleaxing him to the ground before picking him up and dumping the barely conscious and groaning individual with his compatriots not far from the burning remains of their vehicles.

So when it was revealed that they were really human, Weiss was relieved in some way; not so when Jack starting beating on them in anger, but as Yojimbo dragged him off, it was with a measure of calmness as Weiss activated his loudspeaker to speak to their prisoners.

"Don't try to run he told them, keeping at a safe distance, as he measured them up in his head. Who was the most likely candidate? That one looks familiar. he'll do

Sstrip the armour of the left armour. Now dammit, else I'll let Jack come back over here." he demanded, aiming the railgun at him. Not that he was partial to torture, but they didn't know that. Begrudgingly and then with some incentive as Weiss put a laser blast a few feet from him, the man pulled the armour to expose a tattoo. Weiss instantly recognises the tattoo and puts another blast closer this time to the prisoners, who all started to look alarmed.

"1st Apocalyptic Cavalry, should have figured it was you bunch of racist yahoos. Weiss practically spits the words.

"Ran into you frakkers back in the day, place called Little Faraday, rounding up DBees and collaborators as you called them for punishment."

"You were at Little Faraday, knew I recognised that robot. I lost friends that day you traitor." one of the prisoners spat at him

Weiss shrugs the Blue Beauty and suddenly his foot stomped forward, just in front of the speaker, leaving him lying prone on the floor, dazed and confused.

"I remember what you frakkers were doing. You were lucky we didn't kill you that day. but you pushed your luck. Had to come back, had to start trying to pull this shit again here. No running away back to Generalisimo or whatever self appointed title he gives himself." Weiss motions for the prisoners to get in the back of the truck.

"Hand them over to Captain T'Ron in the Defenders. Let him know that we got one of the guys who killed his sister!"
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 am

(rolls carried over)

Jack wrote:"I'll explain... You want to know who they are? They. Are them. They did this to me. Years ago. They robbed me. Beat me. Left me for dead."

"They called me 'human scum'. They made me believe. Believe. It doesn't matter. They won't do it anymore now."

Ashlynn comes over and sits next to Jack. Tentatively, she drapes an arm over his shoulder.

"I...I get it, Jack. You've lost a lot. Everyone you knew or cared about, every place that was friendly or familiar. They preyed on that. On you. They made you think... dbees did this. Whyever they might've done that I don't know..." Ashlynn drifts off as Weiss confronts the prisoners.

Weiss wrote:"1st Apocalyptic Cavalry, should have figured it was you bunch of racist yahoos."

"Ran into you frakkers back in the day, place called Little Faraday, rounding up DBees and collaborators as you called them for punishment."

The image forms in Yojimbo's mind of these militant racists rounding up those weaker than themselves and killing or harming them. They see themselves as righteous, but they are gravely mistaken. They are mere cowards, who strike out at a world they cannot change by directing violence at the weakest of their enemies.

He turns to Jack. "Hagakure tells us that 'Living without mistakes is truly impossible.' It also says 'Knowing the Way is to know your own faults.' You have been provided with a very valuable lesson, Jack. Do not waste it. When challenged by adversity, charge onwards with courage and jubilation."

Weiss wrote:"I remember what you frakkers were doing. You were lucky we didn't kill you that day. but you pushed your luck. Had to come back, had to start trying to pull this shit again here. No running away back to Generalisimo or whatever self appointed title he gives himself."

"Hand them over to Captain T'Ron in the Defenders. Let him know that we got one of the guys who killed his sister!"

Ashlynn stands, and she assists the others in loading up the prisoners. She also helps load the ATV's onto the larger vehicles, and rigs up a way to tow the lot behind their own transport.

The drive back to Merctown is long and silent. Though the Heroes for Hire were successful, it is a sobering victory at best, and some of them have a lot to consider. For her part, ashlynn accompanies Weiss to turn the bandits over to Captain T'Ron, who accepts custody of the prisoners and their equipment, and arranges for the H4H to be paid for their efforts. He notes that some of the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry members may have bounties, and states that if any of the prisoners have bounties, such will be forwarded to Zoe Barenger at the Heroes Haven.
Ashlynn

M.D.C. by Location:
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum