The Search Is On.

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Search Is On.

Postby Virtus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:58 pm

"When to the sessions of sweet silent thought, I summon up remembrance of things past..."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:02 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 65
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 100

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics



Streetwise 96% vs 1d100 = 82 | Observing those observing the Heroes Haven
Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 47 | Observing those observing the Heroes Haven
Anthropology 49% vs 1d100 = 30 | Observing those observing the Heroes Haven

Grant walks from the Collegiate Arcane's nexus to Heroes Haven. Looking closely one might see him quietly speaking, "Four Hundred Thirty Two, Four Hundred Thirty Three..." Upon reaching the Haven, Grant leans back and takes a look at the two story building, the new construction blended reasonably well with the old. A passerby familiar with the building and that knew that just a few months ago an explosion ripped a whole in the building would note the differences. Well, it looks like Ashlynn hasn't tried to redecorate while I was gone. He looks around at the nearby buildings, noting the people he sees on the streets and in windows. Will the Sunaj continue to leave us alone? I saw no sign of them in Dweomer. I can't think of any stories but are own where they have failed to do what they set out to do. Hopefully they are as a whole truly mercenary and don't seek revenge. Turning back to the building, he reflects, 'I summon up remembrance of things past, I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought.' Enough maudlin thoughts, my duty is done, and while I've made new friends in Dwoemer, I am glad to be back with old.

The mage takes the few steps up to the landing two at a time, and listens at the door for any voices before opening it and announcing himself, "Honey, I am home." He chuckles and smiles at his joke.

The mage looks as he normally does, closes immaculately clean, well groomed, and aware. The eyes, ever the windows to the soul, reflect the time he has spent away from his team chasing demons. The Lord Magus has seen 'things' that he can't un-see.

He greets those that are in the living room, and says, "Give me a moment to put down my belongings,". Grant walks to his room, putting down his pack and removes his body armor (wearing it being the easiest way to transport it). He walks back out in shirt and slacks.

Returning to the living room, he asks whomever is there, "So I know Zoe had you out pounding the pavement on the various jobs, anything interesting happen?"

If it comes up that Yojimbo has left, he says, "Damn, I had learned a piece of magic just for him. I was going to give him a talisman that he could use to shrink himself down to six inches tall. He could have made a great spy, looking like an intricately carved statue on a table."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Virtus » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Barracuda is walking near the college when someone that looks like Grant crosses the road a block ahead. He follows the man and watches the mage enter the Haven. No doubt it is who he thought!

It's been months since Grant departed ((save for any quick jaunts back home, not accounted for)). The Haven looks better than ever, with just a few pieces still left to be done, but now the commotion is just one carpenter fitting a cherry baseboard near the entry way. The worker looks up for a moment to nod politely and continues in his work.

Ashlynn hears Grant's arrival from her room where she is playing with Huey.

Weiss, having finished repairs on Blue is tinkering in the garage with Josie, joining in idle conversation.

Beltin and Marit are in the Warrens but will likely be returning shortly.

Ronith, having returned the day prior is in a meeting with Zoe, updating the freshly returned Cyberknight on the near completion of repairs. He certainly hears Grant's arrival.

Jack is across the street, helping an elderly neighbor retrieve her cat from a tree.

Since the last jobs, the Heroes for Hire have been tending to personal matters for the most part, enjoying a little spare time.

Assuming Ronith leaves to greet Grant, Zoe too greets him and promptly orders dinner from Wu's #2 Chinese restaurant. It was Wu's #1 Chinese but he changed the name to #2 after losing a bet to his brother, Ling who operates Ling's #1 Chinese in the Hub. In little more than half an hour the food arrives. Despite being #2 the food is actually quite good.

Josie's fortune advises her to, "Never upset the driver of the car you're in; they're the master of your destiny until you get home."

Jack discovers his lucky numbers are, 8, 11, 21, 32, 39 and 46.

Zack, excited with the return asks Grant, "So what all did you do?!" Zack seems quite taken with the man of magic.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am

JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 2
PER: 1d100 = 93 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing)

At least the company is still operating in the black. I hope Yojimbo finds what he is looking for. Ronith sifts through the sheaf of reports on Heroes for Hire's operations, budget, and the repairs to the Haven. My life is beginning to revolve around paperwork to an uncomfortable degree. With a sigh, Ronith gets up from the desk as his cybernetically enhanced ears pick up the sound of someone returning. This is intolerable. We need to get back out in the field.

Heading downstairs, Ronith spies Grant and offers him a nod. "Welcome back." Ronith himself is mildly curious as to what the mage has been up to, but figures Zack is a better stand-in for interrogator than anyone. When Zoe promptly sets about ordering a meal, Ronith smiles his agreement. "Thank you Zoe, an excellent idea. It has been too long since the company has gathered together over a meal- we can swap stories about what we have been up to, and plan our next move." The Wither Gate and Zero Moon's quest for us still remain to be done. I hope the delay has not exacerbated the threat.

Later, when dinner is served, Ronith will open the discussion. "Well, shall we go around the table and discuss the events of the last few weeks? I can start. I was finally able to make time to see Sir Zero Moon's charge to me, the Granite Hall. Now that I have had a chance to leave a few overarching directives, I am confident that the day-to-day management can proceed well without me. Rae has taken to her cyber-knight training well, and even distinguished herself in a raid that I led to apprehend some so-called knights that had devolved into little more than brigands in the surrounding countryside."

"The Hall community is an interesting mix- raw recruits alongside retired veterans. Well-suited to training the next generation of cyber-knights, but it quickly became evident during my time there that the scars left by the schism during the war in Tolkeen have not healed. Some early reforms I carried out helped a little with that, and hopefully they shall continue. Still, despite the bad blood, we were all knights through and through and I daresay we all learned something from one another. I am eager to put what I learned to the test in the field."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:13 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 84
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 93

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics



Sitting at the table, Grant is at first reserved, but as the stories begin to be told, he begins to smile. Even apart, there is much we've been able to accomplish. When it's Grants turn to tell his tale, he looks around the room and sees Zac's avid interest. He is still too young to tell all the details, it would give him nightmares.

"Well, I've learned that everything has a price. Dwoemer demands much of those that learn their ways. Like the Three themselves, I was part of a triad. Assigned with two other magi. One was a young Battle Magi, her name is Mel, and an older man, a High Lord, named Kelex. Together we were known as Oracle 4. Our primary mission was investigation into demonic activity in the surrounding communities. Demons and Deevils have been making forays into the Magic Zone. Attempting to seduce people to make pacts with them for false promises of power and influence." He looks directly at Zac as he says, "There are many types of magic, most could be considered tools, where the hand that wields them that decides if they are used for good or evil." The mage shakes his head and frowns struggling to find the right words, "What I mean is, everyone has a line they won't cross willingly. Make sure you know where your line lays. If you wait till later, you may be in too deep with something foul and the choice will be doing something unforgivable or dying to uphold your principles."

Grant folds his hands in front of him on the table and bows his head, silent a moment before continuing, "Perhaps the most ominous thing has been repeated attempts to create a vast portal to the home realms of the demons and deevils called a Hell Pit. We were part of a much larger force that was able to prevent one from being completed. My team's role was identifying the location of where the four stone pillars needed for the ritual were being quarried. If the Hell Pit had been established, it would have created a foothold here, and allowed thousands, tens of thousands of evil beings into our world, without even the constraints that a Shifter would impose."

"For now, Dwoemer and the Three are satisfied that any near-term threat has been neutralized. For myself, I think they are being short-sighted, but my influence was and is minimal," Grant concludes.

Once Zac leaves the table, he looks towards Sir Ronith, "I was summoned by the Three at the end of my duty and they updated me on what they had learned from the body of the Sunaj we'd brought them. They have sworn the people who saw us bring the body in to secrecy, but gave me leave to share what they knew with all of you. They confirmed that the man was a True Atlantean. Which to my mind seems impossible that one of their kind would willingly participate with such a brutal organization. The Three believe that it confirms their suspicion that like the many other slaves the Splugorth have, the Splugorth have captured and bred them in their slave camps. These True Atlanteans, who have no idea of their heritage, are trained as warrior-slaves. He may have been a slave just like the gold woman, Maederan. However, knowing that the Sunaj do utilize human looking agents, the Three caution us to be circumspect in regards to whom we share this knowledge. We know the Sunaj mage escaped capture, they may be willing to leave us alone if we keep what we know to ourselves."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 89

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 44

Ashlynn sits in a side room, tossing dried fish to her dragon. In the past few months, he has grown a bit leaner, a bit stronger in flight, but his tendency toward laziness makes it tough going. Still, Ashlynn persists, and Huey, for his part, enjoys the games because they mean he gets to eat outside of mealtimes.

She's been a bit lonely since Yojimbo had gone. While Weiss can seem paternal to her, Yojimbo had really taken on the protective fatherly role, and with him gone, there was a sizeable empty spot where he had been. She tried to make up for it by keeping to public parts of the Haven - even crashing on the couch from time to time when her seemingly boundless energy finally and suddenly waned. Oh, Yo. I dunno where you've gone to... but I hope you're safe. She sighs. T'avi used to say souls come and go into and out of our lives, and we're not meant to hold onto each one. Because everyone is on their own journey. But he used to also say that sometimes two souls can share a journey. Yojimbo... is just on his own journey, I guess. Maybe his path will bring him back to Merctown. Someday.

Abruptly, she hears the front door open.

Grant wrote:"Honey, I am home."


She hops up and bolts to the foyer to greet him, but before she can launch herself at him with the exuberance of a pack of wild puppies, he fends her off. He says,

Grant wrote:"Give me a moment to put down my belongings,"

which she barely hears, but it's enough to keep her feet on the ground. When Grant returns, she has calmed down enough to offer him merely a warm hug, and not a tackle. Grinning, she adds, "Welcome back!"

At dinner, Ashlynn eats little, passing the occasional morsel to Huey under the table, mainly to keep him sedate. As they go around the table, she offers her tale.

"Okay, so! Get this: The first thing I hadda do was to go with Yo and 'Cuda to this town - there'd been an earthquake, and the repairs were being hampered by something that was damaging the water pipes. So we went, and we found a big ol' crack in the earth, all muddy an' stuff, but Yojimbo was too big an' heavy to go in, so he stayed topside and me and 'Cuda investigated. There were these FLOOPERS... I mean... really? An' they were SELLING the underground bit of the town to some energy beings or something. The energy beings were NOT happy, and 'Cuda and me had to talk the Floopers into leaving. So there was that."

"So NEXT Weiss an' Jack an' Yojimbo an' me go out looking for this group of bandits, the Santana Six or something? They'd been hitting travelers in this area,s o we looked at the map and Yo figured out where they were an' we went and interviewed the people that'd been targeted So we go an' stop them... I WAS THE BAIT! and it was AWESOME! there was a CAR CHASE an' everything, and Yojimbo shoulder-blocked an APC! He knocked it on its ASS. And there was a fight an' we stopped them but GET THIS..." She looks over to Jack. "Jack KNEW 'em." Before he can speak, she adds, "They were creeps. Trying to get folks to blame dbees for their stealing."

"And then guess what? DEMONS." She nods enthusiastically and takes a mouth full of food, chewing and swallowing before speaking again. "Mm-hmm. The Collegiate Arcane was all worried someone was summoning demons so Me an' Josie and Yojimbo went and tracked them down, and we found this teeny tiny little nexus hidden in the woods, but it had like a... an unstable rift? To Hell, I guess? And demons were coming through. And we... well, mostly Yojimbo... fought the demons. Like... three different times, 'cause we went back a couple times and found little rifts opening, so ... y'know. An' so we told the Collegiate Arcane so they can close it or whatever."

"THEN I hadda go to this town - Cam Bridge, and deliver Jenny - that's their generator, they named it 'Jenny' and I stayed while they got it all installed and working 'cause there'd been some weird animal sightings and some livestock mutilations so they DEPUTIZED me! I got a badge an' everything! And I investigated! We found out there was a kinda monster in the area, they called it a Bearilla - it was eating the goats an' things. Anyhow, we killed it." Ashlynn's enthusiasm falls off a cliff, and her face is filled with sadness. "It... wa... she... was a lycanthrope of some kind. She was the schoolteacher."

Ashlynn sighs heavily. "And then Yojimbo left."

Grant wrote:"Damn, I had learned a piece of magic just for him. I was going to give him a talisman that he could use to shrink himself down to six inches tall. He could have made a great spy, looking like an intricately carved statue on a table."


Ashlynn smiles. "That sounds fun. Lemme know if you ever make one and want someone to test drive it." She smiles, envisioning herself six inches tall, bouncing up to tabletops, to the tops of cabinets, running along balustrades, swinging from chandeliers, and sliding under doorways. Man, that'd be SICK.

The conversation pulls her from her daydream. She shrugs and says, "That's it I guess."

As Grant relays his story, Ashlynn listens with interest. When he finishes, she asks "So... the Collegiate arcane were worried about a conjunction that's coming. Would that be connected to your 'Hell Pit' thingy? Do they need a conjunction to work?" She thinsk a minute. "I mean... we didn't think anyone was trying to open those little rifts on purpose... but I suppose it's possible they were and we just never saw them?"

Later, when he discusses the Sunaj, and in particular the Sunaj Mage that befuddled her, leading to her own dismemberment and near death, Ashlynn shivers a bit. Hagbard used to say that was something walking across your grave. Whatever that means. In any case... something tells me we'll see them again. And maybe I'll get a chance to do to that mage what they tried to do to me.

Sensing her mood darkening, Huey chuffs at her. She looks down at him and smiles, and tosses him a scrap of orange chicken.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:52 am

Perception: 1d100 = 77
JIC: 1d20 = 16 and 1d100 = 35

Jack sits on the couch eating his meal and listening to everyone reminisce about their recent missions. 8, 11, 21, 32, 39 and 46. Lucky huh. he puts the strip of paper down on the table and looks around at the group. How do I reconcile what seems like a lifetime of lies? With the pain of his introduction to his new life on this strange world drug up and fresher than ever Jack seems a bit more reserved and quiet than normal.

He looks around at the group, This could be the closest thing to a family I ever have a chance at. Look at them. Sharing, joking, laughing. So much pain in the world. They seem to comfort each other unknowingly. It's the hope. The hope they offer to each and the world. The belief that is can be better again. It can change. The world can be good. Jack looks down at his food and take another bite. Was it ever good?

"So did Yojimbo say where he was going? Did we scare him away?" He asks the general group looking up from his meal. Before anyone has a chance to answer he looks to Rontih, "We got a mission worth our time boss? I mean as fun as it is playing fireman and rescuing kitties out of trees I am ready to get out and make a difference. It's time. I believe we can."

Jack picks up his empty plate and start walking toward the kitten to put it in the sink, "I guess you guys finally wore me down" he says as he walks out of the room.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:56 pm

(rolls carried)


Grant hides his smile behind his cup at Ashlynn's wild gestures and manic story-telling place. When she acts out the 'floop', an unexpected laugh escapes his lips at the same time he's taking a sip. There may have a bit of tea snorted out of his nose. He coughs for a minute trying to get the giggle under control while clearing his throat. He chokes out, "Please, continue," his voice roughened from the coughing. He looks down at his clothes, and murmurs, and the spots of the various sauces and the tea he had just snorted, disappearing as if they were never there.

...

Ashlynn wrote:As Grant relays his story, Ashlynn listens with interest. When he finishes, she asks "So... the Collegiate arcane were worried about a conjunction that's coming. Would that be connected to your 'Hell Pit' thingy? Do they need a conjunction to work?" She thinks a minute. "I mean... we didn't think anyone was trying to open those little rifts on purpose... but I suppose it's possible they were and we just never saw them?"


"A conjunction would be exactly the type of event that they'd be looking for, we also have the Autumnal Equinox is coming up," Grant says, "It typically has about three times the normal energy available at a line or nexus. A conjunction, depending on the type could be 10 to 30 times greater than normal."

OOC Comments
Autumnal Equinox should be what's coming up next if I understand the Merc-Town calendar correctly.


"Did the mages at the Collegiate Arcane mention when the conjunction was occurring? I may have to visit their library and find the date," he adds. Ashylnn's comment has set the Lord Magi's mind whirling as he thinks about the impact. "You know, conjunctions are an interesting thing. When we look up into the sky and see the planets and other celestial bodies in motion, they aren't really in that position. There is a time delay as the light crosses millions of miles of space to reach earth. So it can't be absolute position in the heavens that causes the ley lines to surge with energy. There must be a much greater meta-physical component that relies on ones point of view."

Grant stands up, his companions forgotten for the moment as he paces around the table looking in various directions, his gaze unfocused, as he continues to comment to himself about the implications of what his team had uncovered along with his own adventures in the Magic Zone.

He looks around to see that some of the group are staring at him, "Oh, sorry, what did I miss? Where did Jack go?"
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:14 am

Perception: 50% 1d100 = 83
JIC 1d100 = 31 1d20 = 11

Virtus wrote:Weiss, having finished repairs on Blue is tinkering in the garage with Josie, joining in idle conversation.


After a brief flicker of hope, the trail had gone cold again. Weiss had withdrawn into himself a bit, despite Zac's efforts to drag him out of it. Incidents like the Sandusky Six reminded Weiss why he had retired in the first place.

He joins the rest of the team for dinner, but is quiet and withdrawn, not really saying much.

Ashlynn wrote:"So NEXT Weiss an' Jack an' Yojimbo an' me go out looking for this group of bandits, the Santana Six or something? They'd been hitting travelers in this area,s o we looked at the map and Yo figured out where they were an' we went and interviewed the people that'd been targeted So we go an' stop them... I WAS THE BAIT! and it was AWESOME! there was a CAR CHASE an' everything, and Yojimbo shoulder-blocked an APC! He knocked it on its ASS. And there was a fight an' we stopped them but GET THIS..." She looks over to Jack. "Jack KNEW 'em." Before he can speak, she adds, "They were creeps. Trying to get folks to blame dbees for their stealing."



"Sandusky Six Ash," Weiss corrects her as he provides the background context, "members of the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry, bunch of racist yahoos from out West. Sort of people you shouldn't feel much compunction about putting down." Weiss' tone sounds low and he does not look up from reading a label on the beer he is drinking. Zac coughs and he looks up and realises he needs to expand his comment when Zac looks at him, a worried expression on his face.

"we handed all 6 in to the Defenders all perfectly alive." Just wish we'd been able to stop them all years ago.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:46 pm

JIC D20: 1d20 = 2
JIC D100: 1d100 = 65
Perception 37%: 1d100 = 45

Josie's fortune advises her to, "Never upset the driver of the car you're in; they're the master of your destiny until you get home."


WTF does that mean!?! What if I AM the driver. Does that mean I'm the master of my own destiny, now and forever? Or just until I get home? Then who is? Maybe I should never go home. Ha. Like I have a home to go to. Oh well, life is short, even shorter now.

Josie is preoccupied with a debate of existentialism with herself, as she reads her fortune. Her lists tighten and her brow scrunched. She clenches her fist. Her attitude changes when she hears Ashlynn speak of their accolades against the demons.

Ashlynn wrote:"And then Yojimbo left."


"Wait, what? Hmmm. Yojimbo? That was that big fella made of metal or what not, right? Where did he go? Does anyone know?"

Josie eventually wanders off to garage. Sitting around, idle, waiting for something else to do is not quite her style. She will do routine maintenance and perform double checks on all the vehicles while she waits for the next mission.
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 am

(Rolls carried over)

Weiss wrote:"Sandusky Six Ash,"


Ash looks confused. "Isn't that what I said?"

Grant wrote:"Did the mages at the Collegiate Arcane mention when the conjunction was occurring? I may have to visit their library and find the date,"


"Y'know... they didn't. Not exactly. Just 'soon'. But, we spoke to the guy who contracted us..." She gives Grant the d'norr wizard's name.

She listens as he pontificates about conjunctions and their unlikely effect on magical energies, with, if not interest exactly, then with polite attention unbetrayed by boredom. at elast, for a bit. She is inwardly thankful when he goes silent, overtaken by his thoughts.

Jack wrote:"So did Yojimbo say where he was going? Did we scare him away?"

Josie wrote:"Wait, what? Hmmm. Yojimbo? That was that big fella made of metal or what not, right? Where did he go? Does anyone know?"


Ashlynn shakes her head sadly. "Not me... All's he said was he had business. Zoe?" She looks to Zoe for answers.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:43 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 66/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 10| 1d100 = 7%
-----------------------------------
Beltin returns to the Haven with his wife Marit after another day working the Warrens on their long-term project. The two of them are dressed down in worn and slightly soiled clothing.

"We can't push Dont'e too hard. He's worried about the stability of his position and isn't ready to risk any of his personal capital on the project. If anything, it's a waiting game until he has consolidated his power before he will be willing to risk any of it even though he sees merit in our proposition." Marit explains to her husband with calm critical analysis.

Beltin finds himself nodding more and more in acknowledgement of his wife's insights these days, "Agreed. We vowed early on not to intentionally interfere in a direct manner which may promote one criminal element above any other. Partially to minimize the illusion of favoritism, partially because doing so is distasteful and against our overarching mission of doing good. We will have to wait for the dust to settle and see who ends up on top."

It is then that Beltin notices the presence of Sir Ronith and Grant at the Haven. He greets them with a broad smile, expresses his happiness at their safe homecoming, and pledges to return after cleaning up.

At dinner, Beltin and Marit listen with rapt attention as the others debrief their successes and challenges. When it is their turn, Beltin defers to his wife to update the squad on their adventures. Marit speaks with confidence, poise and experience unseen prior to the start of the mission. Her English has improved dramatically and those with a discerning ear can even hear her adoption of the twang of dialect common in the Warrens.

"Since Fixer Jones helped get us started with our mission to improve the opportunities available to the many orphans on the streets of New Paducah, we have been building our network of contacts throughout the many competing criminal organizations that reside in the shadows of daily life in this bustling city. This is, as you may guess, a delicate and daunting task. To date, our continued efforts of small charities without prejudice in the Warrens has earned us a reputation of providing aid to those in need. We have not crossed any lines or offended any particular criminal organizations as of yet. Since our charitable efforts do not directly affect the daily operations or larger machinations of power struggle, we are mostly left alone." Marit begins, only to be gently interrupted by Beltin.

"Except that one time with the cornmeal shipment..." he begins before Marit firmly finishes his sentence.

"Where we inadvertently got mixed up with an illicit delivery of contraband that was de-escalated within a week's worth of time." Marit exhales softly, momentarily reliving the relief she felt at that time. "Though the lay person may not notice, tensions are fairly high in the Warrens of late. Those that sit high up the power pyramid may not feel it, but there is a groundswell of unease that has brought several factions to decide to make moves on some of the lower rungs. We have found advantage during this chaos and have been cultivating relationships across the board." Marit nods to herself before taking a break from talking, sipping her beverage. Without a word, Beltin picks up where she left off.

"Our proposal that it would be better for some of the criminal elements to support educational reform for the many displaced children of the Warrens and cultivate that into true political power has been surprisingly well-received so far. We have a few satellite campuses already piloting the potential of educating the most promising young orphans. And these campuses have been allowed by the powers that be and even supported with an unspoken truce between rival elements when it comes to these learning centers. Unfortunately, the power struggle has escalated of late and we will need to be patient in observing how the conflict resolves. In the meantime, we are trying to maintain the status quo of what we have built so far. But likely won't be able to advance our agenda for a few months at least." The young investigator nods once, indicating their combined update to be succinctly concluded. They quiet down and allow for the dinner conversation to resume.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:26 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 77
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 16 and Original post: 1d100 = 35


Jack walks back into the living room from the kitchen and sees a new woman standing and talking. Confused his misses most of what she says while he works out in his head who she is, Did I miss something? Did I walk through another one of those gates? What the hell is going on? New people? Already? Jack stares in wonderment. When she finishes he addresses the group at large, "I'm not one to wait a long time to replace a chick, but how the heck did you guys replace Yojimbo so quick? I mean, I just walked out of the room and we have two new members?" Jack turns briefly to look back down the hall at the door he entered and returned through. After an uncomfortable moment of study he turns back tot he group.

"I didn't walk through another damn portal did I?" Jack starts patting his body to see if he is there. "I'm me right?" Not knowing what else to do Jack starts to walk toward the women with his arm stretched out and hand open, "Well, I guess I'll introduce myself. Handsome Jack. A pleasure for you to meet me. You are?"
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:56 pm

(Rolls Carried)

After making Marit repeat her first minute or so of her story, Grant sits down and listens to the rest of the tale. He nods his head and says, "Marit, that is a worthy endeavor. It's odd that anyone from MercTown might suffer from hunger. Perhaps, you should join the Collegiate Arcane as a member. You are a Diabolist, a maker of magical wards. That is a very rare skill. I myself have recently learned to write some very basic ones, but my focus is invocation magic. Still, I have learned the hard way how effective a ward can be. That skill alone will give you some cachet to use to your advantage."

Grant stops for a second and rubs his hands as a remembered pain of the wards triggered in Dolgroth's underwater base. His first mission with the Heroes 4 Hire. I wonder if Beltin or Zoe has asked her to start constructing some wards around here. Perhaps some simple alarm wards.

"I'd inquire what charitable works the guild does already, and identify any members in residence that know the spell, Sustain. With that knowledge, approach the Merc-Town city council and ask them if they would consider funding a feed the needy program where perhaps for a nominal fee, perhaps 10 credits per day of effect. A mage would cast Sustain on those who request it. Even for a novice mage, the casting would last at least a couple of days, with the nexus handy it would last almost a week. With the energy of the ley line at their disposal, it would be just an inconvenience of time to cast it. If the town council is willing to fund this, approach the mages with a business opportunity. Perhaps tie this with some sort of work/training program so that the recipients are productive."

"That should allow those poor souls to save their money to purchase other necessities and perhaps open a business that will allow them to be self supporting in the long run."

As Grant finishes, he sees Jack return and mention to new members.

Jack McDermott wrote:Jack stares in wonderment. When she finishes he addresses the group at large, "I'm not one to wait a long time to replace a chick, but how the heck did you guys replace Yojimbo so quick? I mean, I just walked out of the room and we have two new members?" Jack turns briefly to look back down the hall at the door he entered and returned through. After an uncomfortable moment of study he turns back tot he group.


"We have new members?" Grant takes a quick glance around, and tries to look past Jack in the doorway. "Are they in the next room? Please invite them in, Jack."

Jack McDermott wrote:"I didn't walk through another damn portal did I?" Jack starts patting his body to see if he is there. "I'm me right?" Not knowing what else to do Jack starts to walk toward the women with his arm stretched out and hand open, "Well, I guess I'll introduce myself. Handsome Jack. A pleasure for you to meet me. You are?"


A portal? Grant thinks, he hadn't felt any nearby magical activity. As Jack walks around his table, Grant's face takes on a confused expression as he goes to Josie and Marit. Josie has been with team since I left for Dwoemer, and Marit was with Beltin when I joined the team. What's going on here?
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 47

A sopping wet Ben walks with Striker down the side of the road on his way back to the Haven. ”For a dog that doesn't need to sleep, eat or drink anything, you sure like going on walks! Ready to head back home? Alright, good boy.” Ben gets across the street when he sees someone entering the doors to his home. Is that Latham? The gang is back! Ben hurries his pace and gets in the door to see the crew.

Dinner:
Ben nods along with Ashlynn's story about the Floopers. During her story about Cam Bridge, Ben drops his jaw and shouts ”They gave you a badge?! None of my jobs gave me a badge.”

He chimes in with his own story. ”Josie, Handsome Jack and I did a security guard stint for a salvage yard. Long time of nothing. Eventually, we caught the perps. It was, uh... pretty uneventful.”

“I'm glad we're all back here. I can introduce you all to my new companion, Striker! Come on out, boy!”
Barracuda waits for the Clockwork Wolf to enter the room before continuing. ”He's pretty friendly and he seems to really like me. So far, I don't think he needs a litter box? Gear box? I dunno with this one. Anyway, he'll be around the house so don't be afraid to say hi.”
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Underguard » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:31 pm

Time and Place wrote:Location: Group Headquarters/Base
Time: 2011 (811PM)


Good Ronith houses an open discussion over the dinner table and the team enjoys a brief respite and time collecting their thoughts as a group over delicious food. Ashlynn recounting the events of Yojimbo's departure with the others. When Ashlynn looks to Zoe for more information on his departure, she offers only a mild smile and says "That's all I know as well." While conversing, as Jack reenters the room, Grant senses a rift open about 30 miles outside of Merctown at around 2008. Barracuda also returns at this time with a sleek golden robotic looking canine.

Weiss, quiet and reserved for most of the dinner discussion gets a ping on his pocket computer, a message stating "I have information about J. We need to meet, got to be careful. Bring whomever but be there quick. Docks, Storehouse 32-39. -A" Weiss recognizes the sender as Alari Whyne, time stamped 2011. The rift is still open according to Grants' senses as well.
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 87
JIC: 1d20 = 6

Grant Latham wrote:"We have new members?" Grant takes a quick glance around, and tries to look past Jack in the doorway. "Are they in the next room? Please invite them in, Jack."


Jack cocks his head and his eye squinch a bit. "Um, no. Not in the other room." He point toward Marit. "She is? New? Right?" Pausing for a second to think Jack Wonders, Has she been here? Did I not notice her? I have been busy. Not focused on meeting new people. I have been spending extra time at Mrs. Robinson's" Jack smile big at the last thought. "Well. My apologies. If we have met I seem to have forgotten. It is a large group. Beltin? He was in the truck when we returned from the door wasn't he? Maybe that was it. Like passing ships in the night."

Jack thinks back, I think Beltin is rigging a bell, not so much for his wife. Oh well. No need to dwell on it. "So. Successful missions and all. What's next?," he says turning to look at Zoe. "You and the High Elf got something cooked up?" Then, losing track of the conversation, Cooked up. Oh my. Do High Elves get high? Or is it just because they are tall? Hmm, I'll have to ask him one day. Don't think he can fly.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:47 am

Perception 50% 1d100 = 91
JIC 1d100 = 36 1d20 = 14

Weiss notices Zac look at him alarmed and motions for him to come over. He wraps his arms around his son and gives him a big hug.

"I'm alright kiddo," he pats his son on the back, "just having a bit of a bad day that's all."

Jack McDermott wrote:Jack walks back into the living room from the kitchen and sees a new woman standing and talking. Confused his misses most of what she says while he works out in his head who she is, Did I miss something? Did I walk through another one of those gates? What the hell is going on? New people? Already? Jack stares in wonderment. When she finishes he addresses the group at large, "I'm not one to wait a long time to replace a chick, but how the heck did you guys replace Yojimbo so quick? I mean, I just walked out of the room and we have two new members?" Jack turns briefly to look back down the hall at the door he entered and returned through. After an uncomfortable moment of study he turns back tot he group.

"I didn't walk through another damn portal did I?" Jack starts patting his body to see if he is there. "I'm me right?" Not knowing what else to do Jack starts to walk toward the women with his arm stretched out and hand open, "Well, I guess I'll introduce myself. Handsome Jack. A pleasure for you to meet me. You are?"


Weiss looks at him confused and scratches his head, debating whether to say something. He does realise that Josie and Marit have been living here the entire time he has.

"Ash, did we break Jack when we stopped those racist @r$eholes?" he raises an eyebrow as he looks over at Ash.


Underguard wrote:Weiss, quiet and reserved for most of the dinner discussion gets a ping on his pocket computer, a message stating "I have information about J. We need to meet, got to be careful. Bring whomever but be there quick. Docks, Storehouse 32-39. -A" Weiss recognizes the sender as Alari Whyne, time stamped 2011. The rift is still open according to Grants' senses as well.


Weiss' jaw drops as he reads the message and then again to make sure. His heart was pounding in his chest, feeling like it was about to burst out like that strange movie Augustus made them watch back in the day. Please don't let this be a false dawn

He puts his drink on the table with a loud thud

"I just got a message from Whyne," he hurriedly explains as he gets up from the table, "she says she has info on Jazz. She wants to meet down at the Docks, Storehouse 32-39. She asks to be quick and if she is down at the docks, rather than here, then she is needing to be discreet, which implies trouble.. If anybody wants to accompany me, that would be great, but as soon as I have my armour and weapons, I will be heading down.

Zac looks like he is about to say something, but Weiss cuts him off, causing Zac to pout as only teenagers can.

"You stay here. I think there is the possibility of trouble. Not letting you get hurt."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:00 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 26

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 47

Weiss wrote:"Ash, did we break Jack when we stopped those racist @r$eholes?"


Ash looks confused, and concerned. "I don't think so? Maybe he's just been... I dunno... in his head a lot."

Gods know he's got reasons.

Weiss wrote:"I just got a message from Whyne, she says she has info on Jazz. She wants to meet down at the Docks, Storehouse 32-39. She asks to be quick and if she is down at the docks, rather than here, then she is needing to be discreet, which implies trouble.. If anybody wants to accompany me, that would be great, but as soon as I have my armour and weapons, I will be heading down.


Ashlynn's heart skips a beat - if that's out of joy or fear she doesn't know. Her face resolute, she says "I'm coming." before she bounds away to get her gear.

Ash dons her mission gear, and tells Huey to guard Zac, before running/bouncing back downstairs to meet Weiss before he goes.

As se does, her mind raaces with scenarios that run the gamut from tragic to euphoric. Please let her be okay - and please... let Weiss and Zac stay...

She accompanies Weiss to the Docks, and tries to be ready for anything.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:23 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 87
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 6


When Weiss mentions the message Jack's eyes light up. Maybe this will be a mission worth our time. Jack turns to Weiss, "I'm in too. Not like I have anything better to do right now. Jazz? That's you wife right? Let's go get her"Jack turns and heads to his room to grab his gear. On the way out the room he says, "I'll be right back, Gonna get loaded for bear!"

Jack heads up to his room and grabs his armor and weapons, "Would be a good thing to help the man find his lady. Another step toward balancing the scales." Before he leaves the room Jack looks down at shadow, "You know where the food is, stay out of trouble and out of site. Keep your eyes and ears open and let me know if anything strange happens while I am away." He turns to walk out and pauses, "Oh. Keep Ice bear out of trouble too." Jack heads back downstairs to meet the group.

"Ready when you are." When the group leaves Jack will follow to the meeting place.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:05 am

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 96

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics


Appraise Goods 83% vs 1d100 = 4 | Examine Striker, determine value
Lore: Magic (Identify Magic Items) 94% vs 1d100 = 66 | Examine Striker

Barracuda wrote:“I'm glad we're all back here. I can introduce you all to my new companion, Striker! Come on out, boy!”[/b] Barracuda waits for the Clockwork Wolf to enter the room before continuing. ”He's pretty friendly and he seems to really like me. So far, I don't think he needs a litter box? Gear box? I dunno with this one. Anyway, he'll be around the house so don't be afraid to say hi.”


As the meal wraps up, Grant goes over to Barracuda and his new companion, Striker. He casts X-Ray Vision and then See Aura. (Pure RP, not really expecting to learn anything of significance.) He scans the mechanical dog, running his hand over it's surface (if allowed). He let's out a slow whistle of appreciation.

"It's mechanical to be sure, and definitely heavily enchanted. But I don't get the sense of anything biological contained within it. The workmanship is incredible. It's an amazing find Ben. That's not the kind of thing one would lose and not want to look for, be ready to have to return it to it's owner one day if they should come knocking." Grant says standing up. There has to be more to the story than Ben has said on how he found it, but I am not getting the sense of a curse, or malignant magic about this construct. He'll share more when he wishes.

The opening of a rift catches Grant's attention as they almost always do, but the distance is far enough away that it's not of immediate concern. Other mages at the Collegiate Arcane probably have sensed it as well, and if there is some sort of patrol or investigatory branch of the guild, they'd be on their way to check it out.

Weiss wrote:"I just got a message from Whyne," he hurriedly explains as he gets up from the table, "she says she has info on Jazz. She wants to meet down at the Docks, Storehouse 32-39. She asks to be quick and if she is down at the docks, rather than here, then she is needing to be discreet, which implies trouble.. If anybody wants to accompany me, that would be great, but as soon as I have my armour and weapons, I will be heading down.


Grant shakes his head and says, "Discreet means don't look like you are looking for trouble, fully armed and armored may send the wrong signal to those in the area. I am willing to go as well, but we would do well not to go as one group. I recommend John take one person with him, and the rest of us hang back and observe."

If Sir Ronith or Beltin agree about 'suiting up', Grant too finds and dons his armor. Weapon-wise, he takes his MP-6, trusting that his magic will suffice. He returns to join the others in the central room.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:19 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 87
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 6


Grant Latham wrote:Grant shakes his head and says, "Discreet means don't look like you are looking for trouble, fully armed and armored may send the wrong signal to those in the area. I am willing to go as well, but we would do well not to go as one group. I recommend John take one person with him, and the rest of us hang back and observe."


Jack looks toward Weiss, "Did she say discreet, or is that an assumption? She could be there because she needs you to see something. There. I would hate to hand back and watch something bad happen. It's up to you guys on how we proceed. Safe is usually not sorry. Location could be just location. But. If she said be discreet then Grant is right. If she didn't. I got your back and I would rather be close enough to protect it."

Jack looks around to see if anyone else has anything to interject. We don't want to fall into a trap either. It's an easy thing to do when the bait is so tasty.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:13 pm

JIC D20: 1d20 = 3
JIC D100: 1d100 = 97
Perception 37%: 1d100 = 41

Barracuda wrote:”He's pretty friendly and he seems to really like me. So far, I don't think he needs a litter box? Gear box? I dunno with this one. Anyway, he'll be around the house so don't be afraid to say hi.”


Josie moves over to where the metal canine and Barracuda are standing. She bends over slight and sticks the back of her hand near the nose of the dog and pauses.

"Mind if I pet your doggie?"

Josie wait for an answer before she begins to pet the dog. She strokes the head a few times before she starts to scratch the chin. She jerks her head toward Weiss as she hears something about needing assistance and needing his armor and weapons.

Weiss wrote:"I just got a message from Whyne," he hurriedly explains as he gets up from the table, "she says she has info on Jazz. She wants to meet down at the Docks, Storehouse 32-39. She asks to be quick and if she is down at the docks, rather than here, then she is needing to be discreet, which implies trouble.. If anybody wants to accompany me, that would be great, but as soon as I have my armour and weapons, I will be heading down.


Finally some action again. Feels like forever since the last excursion.

"Well if you need someone to get you there fast then I'm your girl. Though I don't think all of us are going to fit on my bike, unless someone wants to ride on the handlebars? Then I have room for two."
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:59 am

JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 99
PER: 1d100 = 37 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing)

Grant Latham wrote:"I was summoned by the Three at the end of my duty and they updated me on what they had learned from the body of the Sunaj we'd brought them. They have sworn the people who saw us bring the body in to secrecy, but gave me leave to share what they knew with all of you. They confirmed that the man was a True Atlantean. Which to my mind seems impossible that one of their kind would willingly participate with such a brutal organization. The Three believe that it confirms their suspicion that like the many other slaves the Splugorth have, the Splugorth have captured and bred them in their slave camps. These True Atlanteans, who have no idea of their heritage, are trained as warrior-slaves. He may have been a slave just like the gold woman, Maederan. However, knowing that the Sunaj do utilize human looking agents, the Three caution us to be circumspect in regards to whom we share this knowledge. We know the Sunaj mage escaped capture, they may be willing to leave us alone if we keep what we know to ourselves."
Only a mild widening of Ronith's eyes betrays his shock at the revelation. He thinks back to his encounters with the band of Sunaj, and of his own impressions of the corpse.
Virtus wrote:Ronith is confident that the black clad opponents are tattoo magic users. The tattoos are now devoid of magic but he has seen them before. Not the sloppy art scrawled on slaves but crafted with art in mind.
Ronith frowns, and mutters "Most ominous." Meeting Grant's eyes, the cyber-knight continues. "... I do not think we should assume that these Sunaj are Atlantean slaves, either captured or bred in captivity. There was an... artistry to their tattoos that does not, in my experience, match that done by the Splugorth to their slave races. Regardless, I agree with the Three's assessment- we must be circumspect with this knowledge." Still, Ronith finds the implications of this revelation extremely troubling- he knew more than a few True Atlanteans from his time with the cyber-knights, and in Tolkeen. There are two possibilities for these Sunaj- they are the products of enslavement, or of willing service to the Splugorth. Both are equally unfathomable, are they not? From what I understand, their population never truly recovered from Atlantis' destruction, and even the Splugorth would think twice before raiding one of the few enclaves where their kind gather in force. I suppose captive breeding stock remains a possibility. And yet- why would the Splugorth even bother? They have access to plenty of slave races suitable for the tattoo conversion- without the spirit of the Atlantean people to overcome. Could some of this Atlantean slave stock have turned against their people in exchange for a more favored position in the Splugorth hierarchy? It might explain the tattoos, possibly.

And then there is the possibility that we are in fact dealing with renegade Atlanteans of some sort. Such an idea seems ludicrous- and yet, not that long ago many would have said the same about the cyber-knights. My own recent experience puts the lie to that. Clearly, Atlantean marks of heritage should no longer confer an automatic level of trust- either in the company or back at the Granite Hall. How saddening. I shall have to make discreet inquires later.

It is only when asked another question by Jack that Ronith starts out of his reverie, somewhat embarrassed to have been lost in thought for much of the conversation.
Jack McDermott wrote:"So did Yojimbo say where he was going? Did we scare him away?" He asks the general group looking up from his meal. Before anyone has a chance to answer he looks to Rontih, "We got a mission worth our time boss? I mean as fun as it is playing fireman and rescuing kitties out of trees I am ready to get out and make a difference. It's time. I believe we can."
Ronith shakes his head- on both accounts. "Such is the life of a wandering mercenary, unfortunately. People come and go, frequently without explanation. As for a mission, none yet, but I am unconcerned. The team's reputation is a good one, and something always turns up."

Ronith listens to the rest of the updates impassively, though he does nod his approval to Beltin. "I dislike fraternizing with the city's criminal element, but we cannot exactly wish it out of existence. I am pleased you have managed to wring some good works out of them, however tentative. Keep up the good work- perhaps you shall be able to show them a different path than the one of mischief and harm."

Jack McDermott wrote:"She is? New? Right?"
Ronith chuckles a little at the confusion Jack evinces. "This is Maritt, Beltin's wife. She, ah, joined us a couple of months ago on our way back from Scandanavia and helps Zoe around the Haven. Clearly, everyone has been so busy that there has been no chance to introduce her to our new Dweomer recruits. I am doubly glad we took time to share this meal, then."

Weiss wrote:"she says she has info on Jazz. She wants to meet down at the Docks, Storehouse 32-39. She asks to be quick and if she is down at the docks, rather than here, then she is needing to be discreet, which implies trouble.. If anybody wants to accompany me, that would be great, but as soon as I have my armour and weapons, I will be heading down.
Ronith isn't sure Weiss has ever mentioned his wife by name, but he surmises from the context that's who Whyne is referring to, and that's good enough for the cyber-knight. Scraping his chair on the floor as he stands, Ronith says "Of course, I shall accompany you." He is about to get geared up and then remembers that his armor was destroyed. Blast. Well, let us hope there will be no Sunaj down by the docks. Ronith grabs his weapons and utility belt, and is ready to go likely before Weiss or the others are.

Ronith smiles to himself as the team leaps to Weiss' aid. The unit has come together well in my absence.
Grant Latham wrote:"Discreet means don't look like you are looking for trouble, fully armed and armored may send the wrong signal to those in the area. I am willing to go as well, but we would do well not to go as one group. I recommend John take one person with him, and the rest of us hang back and observe."
Ronith nods. "We go as a team but your point is well taken Grant. We have no reason to mistrust Whyne, but it would be better to err on the side of caution. I shall accompany Weiss to the meet-up openly- my precognitive abilities should give us the edge we need in the event of an ambush, and I am the best-equipped to break free of any such trap should the need arise. Josie, take Grant on your hovercycle if you can do so comfortably. I want you two watching the perimeter and preparing support. Beltin can take command of the rest of the team- Jack, set up sniper positions if you are so inclined, or simply be prepared to move along with the others in if things go badly. You are our 'cavalry.' Slip out the back in case the Haven is under surveillance."

Turning to Weiss, Ronith says "Shall we?"
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:06 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 1/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 5| 1d100 = 33%
-----------------------------------
"I don't believe we've made a proper introduction. I'm Beltin, Beltin Delhomme. And this is my wife Marit." Beltin says with an outstretched hand to Jack to make nice. "I am a bit of a quiet and private individual. So I apologize if I did not greet you upon your arrival. Please, feel welcome and I am sorry if I somehow made offense."

When Weiss discusses a storehouse meeting at the docks, Beltin listens quietly for Ronith's deployment orders. Weiss and Ronith going into the storehouse. Grant and Josie on the perimeter. That leaves Barracuda, Ashlynn, Jack and myself for intermediate range support. We will look strange if the four of us are just standing around at the docks idle.

Streetwise. 1d100 = 91 | 85% <== Think of what sort of common activity may be useful as a cover at the docks near a storehouse.

Beltin pow-wows with the sub-squad (Barracuda, Ashlynn, Jack) on the side. "Ideally, we could use some cover identity so that we can mask the true strength of H4H's presence at the meeting. In case there are others watching, they may underestimate our firepower. Any ideas for what that cover could be? Perhaps a fish cart or stall?" The young investigator's eyes dart to Barracuda, "Or maybe some manner of delivery service? We have a couple of pedal bicycles in the garage. I am more inclined to lean toward some sort of cover where we can obscure weapons and armor. Perhaps buried with whatever goods we are peddling."
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:48 pm

-> ROLLS CARRIED OVER <-

Ronith wrote:"...Josie, take Grant on your hovercycle if you can do so comfortably. I want you two watching the perimeter and preparing support…"


"Umm… well technically it's not a hovercycles but with my skills, I can make you think that it is. Besides, sometimes I like it tight and cramped. You gotta be more inventive."

Josie replies with slight grin before turning to Grant.

"Come on bookworm. Get your gear and meet me in the garage. I'll take you on a wild ride if you want."

Josie give Grant a wink and smile before turning and heading off to get suited up. After getting her armor and pistol, she heads off to the garage to warm up her jump bike and wait for Grant to show up. She smiles at him as he walks over to her bike.

"I only got a few rules, wormy. Don't fall off, cuz I ain't coming back to get ya'. Hold on tight and lastly, don't EVER and I mean ever, tell me how I should drive. Follow these simple rules and we should get along just fine."

Josie hops on her bike and waits for Grant to do the same. Once they are both situated, she takes off to the rendezvous point. after arriving, she take a lap or two around the block to make sure everything is on the up and up.

Land Navigation 1d100 = 31 - 60% / to take the fastest route to the rendezvous point.
Navigation 1d100 = 87 - 71% / to take the fastest route to the rendezvous point.
Pilot: Combat Jump Bike 1d100 = 66 - 76% / to take the trip in the fastest way possible.
1d20 = 7
1d100 = 98
1d100 = 35
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:27 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 53
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 25

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics



Josie wrote:Josie replies with slight grin before turning to Grant.

"Come on bookworm. Get your gear and meet me in the garage. I'll take you on a wild ride if you want."

Josie give Grant a wink and smile before turning and heading off to get suited up.


Grant chuckles at the young woman. "Fantastic," he says return the smile. He watches her wander off before turn and heading to his room to put on his armor. Better safe than sorry.

Josie wrote:After getting her armor and pistol, she heads off to the garage to warm up her jump bike and wait for Grant to show up. She smiles at him as he walks over to her bike.

"I only got a few rules, wormy. Don't fall off, cuz I ain't coming back to get ya'. Hold on tight and lastly, don't EVER and I mean ever, tell me how I should drive. Follow these simple rules and we should get along just fine."


"Don't worry, you won't even notice I am there," Grant says. This ought to be good for a laugh, let's see how she handles magic.

With the power of the ley line and proximity of the nexus, Grant quietly whispers the words to Carpet of Adhesion (10 P.P.E. 2.5 min/level x2 for being on a ley line - 45 min) on the pillion. He climbs up on the pegs slowly lowers himself down, fixing himself in place. Then he casts Reduce Self (20 P.P.E. 2.5 min/level x2 for being on a ley line - 45 min). Next he casts Mystic Invisibility (25 P.P.E. 5 min level x2 for being on a ley line - 90 min).. As Josie steadies the bike from the sudden change of weight, Grant's voice, now a squeak says, "Let's go."

As they roll out of the garage, Grant activates his innate ability to turn invisible (Simple), making it look as if the Juicer is just out burning off some extra energy as would be expected.

Magically adhered to the pillion the Lord Magi uses the time to replenish his spent energy while they are within the ley line before Josie moves out to the docks.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:31 pm

rolls carried

Jack McDermott wrote:Jack looks toward Weiss, "Did she say discreet, or is that an assumption? She could be there because she needs you to see something. There. I would hate to hand back and watch something bad happen. It's up to you guys on how we proceed. Safe is usually not sorry. Location could be just location. But. If she said be discreet then Grant is right. If she didn't. I got your back and I would rather be close enough to protect it."


"She said 'We need to meet, got to be careful. Bring whomever but be there quick.'" Weiss quotes the message as he reads it out, "Docks, Storehouse 32-39. She knows where we live and considering her abilities, if she is not meeting us here, then she is trying to be discreet and quiet. Hence I suspect trouble. If somebody else is still looking for Jazz, last time I killed a bunch of demons. There might be more like them."

Josie wrote:"Well if you need someone to get you there fast then I'm your girl. Though I don't think all of us are going to fit on my bike, unless someone wants to ride on the handlebars? Then I have room for two."


"Unless we fancy trundling there in the APC, I suggest we grab the city cycles in the garage if you don't have your own transport or Beltin's truck."

OOC Comments
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5215&p=146369#p146369


Ronith wrote:Ronith says "Of course, I shall accompany you."


Weiss looks at the group as it leaps into action; his heart swelling with pride.

"Thank you, all of you," Weiss has half a smile on his face, "you have no idea how much this means to me."

Ronith wrote:Ronith nods. "We go as a team but your point is well taken Grant. We have no reason to mistrust Whyne, but it would be better to err on the side of caution. I shall accompany Weiss to the meet-up openly- my precognitive abilities should give us the edge we need in the event of an ambush, and I am the best-equipped to break free of any such trap should the need arise. Josie, take Grant on your hovercycle if you can do so comfortably. I want you two watching the perimeter and preparing support. Beltin can take command of the rest of the team- Jack, set up sniper positions if you are so inclined, or simply be prepared to move along with the others in if things go badly. You are our 'cavalry.' Slip out the back in case the Haven is under surveillance."

Ronith wrote:Turning to Weiss, Ronith says "Shall we?"


Weiss, now clad in armour, checks his weapons before he holsters his pistol and sheathes his sword.

"Let's get moving!"

OOC Comments
Presuming that the docks are covered by the long arms ban
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 69/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 40

Grant Latham wrote:As the meal wraps up, Grant goes over to Barracuda and his new companion, Striker. He casts X-Ray Vision and then See Aura. (Pure RP, not really expecting to learn anything of significance.) He scans the mechanical dog, running his hand over it's surface (if allowed). He let's out a slow whistle of appreciation.


Josie wrote:
Barracuda wrote:”He's pretty friendly and he seems to really like me. So far, I don't think he needs a litter box? Gear box? I dunno with this one. Anyway, he'll be around the house so don't be afraid to say hi.”

Josie moves over to where the metal canine and Barracuda are standing. She bends over slight and sticks the back of her hand near the nose of the dog and pauses.

"Mind if I pet your doggie?"

Josie wait for an answer before she begins to pet the dog. She strokes the head a few times before she starts to scratch the chin.


"Go for it both of you! He loves the attention. Isn't that right, Striker?"

Grant Latham wrote:"It's mechanical to be sure, and definitely heavily enchanted. But I don't get the sense of anything biological contained within it. The workmanship is incredible. It's an amazing find Ben. That's not the kind of thing one would lose and not want to look for, be ready to have to return it to it's owner one day if they should come knocking."


"Damn. I hope not. I like this little guy."

Weiss wrote:"I just got a message from Whyne," he hurriedly explains as he gets up from the table, "she says she has info on Jazz. She wants to meet down at the Docks, Storehouse 32-39. She asks to be quick and if she is down at the docks, rather than here, then she is needing to be discreet, which implies trouble.. If anybody wants to accompany me, that would be great, but as soon as I have my armour and weapons, I will be heading down.


"We're with you, Anvil." Barracuda runs upstairs to grab King Tide and quickly don his Wave Strider armor under his street clothes. When he's ready he heads out with Beltin and the rest of the sub-group.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Ideally, we could use some cover identity so that we can mask the true strength of H4H's presence at the meeting. In case there are others watching, they may underestimate our firepower. Any ideas for what that cover could be? Perhaps a fish cart or stall?" The young investigator's eyes dart to Barracuda, "Or maybe some manner of delivery service? We have a couple of pedal bicycles in the garage. I am more inclined to lean toward some sort of cover where we can obscure weapons and armor. Perhaps buried with whatever goods we are peddling."


"Let's hop on the CityCycles. Beltin, you're the sightseeing tour guide. We take a quick stop at the Docks to tour the Kentucky Moonshine Co. They'll never know what our deal is."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Underguard » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:11 am

Location Conditions wrote:Location: Dockside Outskirts of Merctown
Time: 2035 (825PM) ;; 24 minutes have passed. (Incorporating travel time as applicable. Ronith and Weiss make contact at 2035)


The group's holistic response would be enough for a demon to wretch and an angel to weep as the Heroes for Hire ready themselves for a trip to the docks.

Grant isn't able to pinpoint the enchantment used on Striker as this form of magic appears truly unique. Grant has heard whispers of these automotons circling the known megaverse and they are exceedingly rare though all follow the same behavior; true loyalty to their companion/master. The rumored creators of these extra-dimensional automotons are far away in another dimension, and even that story is only believed by some on Earth. These automons are still a mystery. Feeling confident his constituents at the Collegiate would handle any potential rift, Grant readies for departure.

Ronith assigns movement orders for the group and they move out. Ronith and Weiss, depart together and head towards the docks. The two have a comfortable time getting to the docks and Ronith doesn't feel anything is out of the ordinary upon their arrival. The Docks are still heartily occupied at eight thirty as a new ship appears to be offloading freight. The two have no problem locating the prescribed storehouse. The specific storehouse is located in between the Merctown Powerplant (207) and the Retrofit Robots (208). Ronith's keen awareness does notice the specific sound of light, solid sounds of whirring or a hum that seems constantly behind him and Weiss. It stops when he stops, and when he looks there is nothing immediately there and he does not feel threatened. Heroes for Hire is a big name though, being trailed by a fan or even gang member is not too uncommon. The sound trails off when they near the Power Plant. They arrive at the warehouse listed 32-39 and head inside together.

Josie and Grant ride out and take a more scenic route to the dockside, traveling the line of the Mystic Quarter and circling around the western side of the docks. During the trip through around, Grant does barely notice a couple street bystanders standing impressively still as they drove by. Each had a cigarette in their hand with a trail of smoke coming from it, but beyond that, nothing but their cloths. Josie and Grant are both able to spot Ronith and Weiss arriving at a Warehouse; the warehouse in question has a lone line of smudged windows near the ceiling, but is otherwise completely enclosed.

Beltin, taking the rest of the crew down, follows the same path as Ronith just far enough back to be disassociated at this time of night. Beltin thinks for a moment of a cover to give the crew as needed and remembers that incoming vessels arrive at all times of the night with product, and the potential for thievery is high. Along with Atto Automotive, Kentucky Moonshine Co and Kentucky Dairy Products are all near the Goblins Hole, the den of the Greenskins Gang. They've recently gone into relapse due to turf wars in the Warrens and now hiding out mostly in the docks; sticking to minor crimes along there. The last thing the Greenskins need is problems with Heroes for Hire, the chances of being openly challenged or the like as a large group is nil at best. Keeping the docks clear during an shipment is as good a cover as any.

Jack does note that there are several good points for overwatch positions for him to take as they arrive into Dockside following Ronith and Weiss that overlooks the area, specifically the Power Plant as an excellent perch on one of the funnels. The rest of the crew goes together, and Ashlynn also notices the new arrival of shipping and her eyes catch a pair of dockhands just standing, relatively motionless with a cigarette. Barracuda notes the activity at Kentucky Moonshine Co, and also that more than a few containers off this shipment has their crest on it. He also notices the proximity to the Power Plant also being potentially hazardous. None of the following group spot the exact warehouse Ronith and Weiss entered (or them entering it at all), but they also have the exact location.

When Weiss and Ronith enter the Warehouse and shut the door, they hear their radios sputter to static and the familiar voice of Alari Whyne is heard. "Well it's about time". Whyne glances to Ronith and nods "I'm glad you could make it. Don't mind the static, I'm being overly paranoid." She answers before being asked, tapping her own earbud before continuing. "I know what happened to Jazz; she is alive and currently safe somewhere north of New Lazlo." She says hastily. Weiss and Ronith can both easily infer that the term currently is a variable that changes. Whyne notably pauses after saying this, expecting questions from the look on her face but ready to continue with the information.

Maps
Dockside.jpg
Blue is Ronith and Weiss.
Blue hash mark is where the noise stopped.
Red is Beltin and Co.
Red four-point is the workers Ashlynn notices.
Green is Josie and Grant.
Green four-point is the near where the Civis Grant noticed.
Red Circles are potential sniper perches immediately spotted (more are potentially available)
Blue Circle is specific warehouse.
Green box is current location of hovercycle with Grant and Josie.

MTMAP.jpg
General perimeter path from Heroes Haven to Dockside location Grant and Josie took.


What're your intentions?
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 1 vs 36%
JIC: 1d20 = 20

Jack follows the group to the docks with a watchful eye on sniper positions. When he picks a spot out that he feels gives him the best angle on the meeting place he turns on his radio and breaks off from his small group, "I'm headed up high. I'll check in once I am in position." On his climb up the scaffolding he does his best to stay hidden as he questions the situation internally, Seems more like an ambush location. Every damn bad thing on Miami Vice ever happened at the docks. Ronith was smart though. Better we are broken up than all together.

Once he gets to a sufficient height Jack scans the area thoroughly looking for anything that might be a danger to the group. He readies his bow and checks in with the group on the companies secured radio channel, "The eagle is flying high, soaring through the sky. Hollar if you need me." Well, here I am again. On stake out. Boring would be good today though.

Jack continues to scan the area looking for any surveillance camera's or systems that might be watching them. He pay particular close attention to the area close to Rontih and Weiss looking for any concealed traps or bombs. Cowards may not want to get up close.


Skills
Climbing/Rappelling 70/60% vs 1d100 = 29 - Climb up the scaffolding
Prowl 50% vs 1d100 = 44 - try to remain hidden while climbing
Detect Ambush 50% vs 1d100 = 17 - Look for potential ambush setups
Detect Concealment 45% vs 1d100 = 48 - Look for anything concealed, specifically near Ronith and Weiss
Surveillance 40% vs 1d100 = 72 - Identify any surveillance systems that may be watching the group.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:03 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 76 (SUCCESS-ish)

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 80

As Ashlynn notices the near-motionless dockhands, she gives 'em the ol' eyeball to see what their deal is.

Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 89 (dude #1 - FAIL)
I.D. Undercover Agent 68% 1d100 = 64 (SUCCESS)
Streetwise 58% 1d100 = 95 (CRIT FAIL)

Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 14 (guy #B - SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 68% 1d100 = 54 (SUCCESS)
Streetwise 58% 1d100 = 70 (FAIL)

She also employs her heightened sense of hearing and radar to attempt to detect any ambushes as they happen, while trying to look as nonchalant as possible, and also to listen, if she is in range, to Whyne and Weiss' conversation.

Senses
Radar (Range: 400')
Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 2 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Estimate Distance 92% 1d100 = 32 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Direction 92% 1d100 = 3 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Estimate Speed 72% 1d100 = 61 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100 = 63 (SUCCESS)
Hearing (range 360')
Estimate distance of sound 70% 1d100 = 64 (SUCCESS)
Estimate speed and direction of approach 60% 1d100 = 14 (SUCCESS)
Recognize voice or sound (requires concentration) 50% 1d100 = 96 (CRIT FAIL)


I hope this is legit - Whatever it takes to get Zac's and Weiss' family back... I'll do it. I made a promise, and I mean to keep it.

She motions Barracuda over. "This Kentucky Moonshine is pretty strong, eh? You ever had any?" Under her breath she adds, "Two dockworkers at our 3 o'clock giving us the eye. I'm tryin' to get ears on the warehouse too."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:34 am

JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 19
PER: 1d100 = 57 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Detect Ambush- 1d100 = 36 vs. 126%
To identify points in the area that would be good for an ambush
Detect Concealment- 1d100 = 50 vs. 86%
To look for anything suspicious inside the warehouse

Ronith gives no sign that he's aware of the noises behind them as he and Weiss proceed down to the docks, beyond a casual visual inspection. If he's satisfied that they're not leaving themselves too exposed to some threat by heading inside to meet Whyne, Ronith will do so with the full confidence that the rest of the team will back them up.

Inside, Ronith ignores the sarcasm- all business. With a nod, he says "Whyne", then meanders off. The PI's 'paranoia' as she calls it has Ronith concerned, so he'll do a casual sweep of the inside of the warehouse. Weiss knows Jazz better than Ronith, so as far as the cyber-knight is concerned this is Weiss' show to run (though Ronith will help out if needed, of course). For now, Ronith thinks that he's better off searching the interior for anything suspicious. Somehow I doubt two of us pestering her with questions will add much to the situation. Weiss can work out the angles as well as anyone.

Should his sixth sense warn of danger, Ronith will immediately yell for Weiss and Whyne to get down. Otherwise, he'll just lazily pace the warehouse interior, inspecting anything that catches his eye and pointedly not interfering in the conversation between the other two unless asked.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:39 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 78
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 96

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics

  • Invisibile: Simple | Indefinite, innate ability
  • Mystic Invisiblity | MA 17 | 66 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Reduce Self | BOM 113 | 23 min | 6" tall, includes worn items/gear.


Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 72 | Assessing what the dock works are assessing.
Streetwise 96% vs 1d100 = 63 | Determine if the dock workers are there for some other sort of black market type activities
Anthropology 49% vs 1d100 = 46 | Getting a sense if the dock works are behaving like dock workers



As Josie's bike comes to a stop after doing things no motorcycle should do, Mini Grant firmly affixed to the back seat, laughs and says, "Still here, Josie. I am hopping off, don't step on me." He dispels the Carpet of Adhesion spell that had been holding him in place and slides off the side, avoiding the hot exhaust pipe. Other than the when he'd finally successfully cast the spell in his room back in Dwoemer, this was the first practical application of the spell. This spell works really well, man everything is big from down here. The mage sees Josie looking around. He dispels his invisibility and waves up to her.

"Josie, there were a couple of guys I spotted on our way here that looked a little bit un-busy and staring towards the warehouse, John and Sir Ronith were headed, pick me up and lets creep forward and see if they've gone back to work," Mini Grant says.

If Josie agrees, he holds his arms up so they aren't pinned to his side.

He directs her to move forward until they can see between the buildings (Yellow star at the end of the yellow line.) If she doesn't want to do it, he jogs over to the spot himself.

He casts Farseeing (3 PPE, 1 min level should still be within 2 miles of a ley line so duration increased by 50%, 13.5 min) and if necessary Nightvision (4 PPE, 6 min/level +50%, 81 min). With his enhanced vision, he looks at the two, examining their clothing to determine if it's appropriate for their work, and what other items are around them. It's getting late maybe they are black marketeers themselves; about to do some business and we've interrupted them.

Map
Dockside Grant and Josie Position.jpg
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:47 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 85/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 19| 1d100 = 3%
-----------------------------------
Earlier:
Barracuda wrote:"Let's hop on the CityCycles. Beltin, you're the sightseeing tour guide. We take a quick stop at the Docks to tour the Kentucky Moonshine Co. They'll never know what our deal is."

"I like the idea. There are many merits to seeming to be a tour group, chief among which is seeming innocuous. Since it is getting late, this will need to be some manner of evening tour." Beltin takes a moment to ponder the idea before offering, "Maybe the dockside tour can be called 'Paducah Party Bikes: Bourbon, Boats & Bots'. And its theme will be to liquor up customers on the off-chance they end up making a very expensive impulse buy." A slight smirk flits across his face before scrunching it in dismay. "As fun as that may be, I'm uncertain that it would work as cover in the evening. Especially if we anticipate the possibility of trouble and need to make sure we are suited up. Tourists typically aren't seen wearing any body armor. Might need to do something less interesting, like be hired muscle somehow."

Having concluded that their cover should be to portray hired muscle to protect incoming shipments, along with seeing the rest of the squad suit up in full body armor, Beltin decides it a good time to try out his new Terrain Hopper power armor. Once suited, he realizes an unfortunate limitation. Won't be able to wear my backpack or carry with me the contents of my backpack. Thrusters might incinerate it. Guess I'm going to have to go on this rendezvous without my goodies.

Whyne Meeting
Detect Ambush. 1d100 = 3 | 47% <== Keep an eye out for ambush
Detect Concealment. 1d100 = 88 | 42% <== Spot any potential concealed enemies

Still getting used to being fully enclosed, Beltin is toggling through his optics choices when Jack notifies him of his intention to head up into a sniper's roost. The young investigator nods his confirmation and then returns to paying attention to their surroundings.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:07 am

perception 50% 1d100 = 48
JIC 1d100 = 61 1d20 = 17

Weiss is nervous as he and Ronith make their way to the rendezvous; What had Whyne found? As they get closer, his heart pounds ever faster in his chest
I can go into a war zone and not be anxious or particularly nervous, but try to find my wife and I'm almost a wreck.

Underguard wrote:When Weiss and Ronith enter the Warehouse and shut the door, they hear their radios sputter to static and the familiar voice of Alari Whyne is heard. "Well it's about time". Whyne glances to Ronith and nods "I'm glad you could make it. Don't mind the static, I'm being overly paranoid." She answers before being asked, tapping her own earbud before continuing. "I know what happened to Jazz; she is alive and currently safe somewhere north of New Lazlo."


Instinctively, Weiss deploys his armour, with the device immediately trying to cut through to Barracuda.

"How is she? is she safe? he asks nervously, a barrage of questions in his mind that just unload from his mouth almost like autofire, such is their speed?

"Is anybody with her? Is anybody hunting her?"

"Why not meet us at the Haven?" Are you expecting trouble?"

"Can you take us to her?"
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 46/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 20

Barracuda sticks with Ashlynn, walking around Kentucky Moonshine Co while keeping an eye on their surroundings.

Ashlynn wrote:Under her breath she adds, "Two dockworkers at our 3 o'clock giving us the eye. I'm tryin' to get ears on the warehouse too."

"Gotcha. I'll keep my eyes open out here. I don't like the stillness. Feels like they should be doing something. Anything. I'm gonna see if I can pick up on their chatter." Barracuda warps sound to pull a quarter of the soundwaves surrounding the two dockworkers to himself. They'll still hear each other, I can hear them, win win win situation.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Underguard » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Location: Dockside Outskirts of Merctown
Time: 2045 (845PM) ;; 10 Minutes have passed


Inside Storehouse 32-39
Ronith and Weiss

Ronith takes a few paces away from the conversation, though is still able to hear it clearly as he pursues the storehouse. He doesn't immediately find anything of note, there are several large connexes inside the building, likely offloaded from a ship and placed here for storage. In the back corner of the storehouse is a work vehicle and several hard suits. It seems like this warehouse is used to handle heavier and more accident prone shipments, if the hardsuits are any indication. Meanwhile, Whyne is heard responding to Weiss.

"I am expecting trouble. I had you meet me here just incase I was followed, which is likely, Haven isn't compromised." She responds to Weiss, the comment making Ronith attention perk and he finds himself glancing at the window-line that runs the course of the building upper wall. Weiss notices that Whyne seems a tad shaken by something as she continues her reveal. "As you remember, I headed up to New Lazlo and set up an outlet in those parts. All was well and good until a pack of newcomers came to the area. Normally, that means nothing, but these men were not ordinary and soon I found myself with the job of finding out who they were. So I dug and found nothing." She says, an emphasis on men and nothing before adding, "By nothing, not even local authorities had records of these guys arriving and beyond visibly seeing 5 of them, that was it."

She paces for a moment and shakes her head. "At first I thought they were dimensional visitors, maybe aliens or something. The more I followed them the less it all made sense. I trailed them for three days, they never ate or slept. They kept moving the entire time and in less than three days these five men had cased the entire community of New Lazlo and its surrounding area. They were looking for someone specific. On the third night, I followed them to the power station outside New Lazlo where they huddled together and the strangest thing happened." Weiss can notice as she finishes her sentence that she seems to be lost in thought for a moment, thinking back on what she saw before she continues. "It's like what I was seeing was them communicating back home. I heard them talk in a unified voice to something they called Vault Machine 5 and their hunt for an extinct specimen; the last of their kind." She adds, her eyes meeting Weiss's at the implication. "They had traced the subject to New Lazlo but hit a dead end and that was when I had to run for my life." Ronith's attention shifts back to Whyne at this comment.

"Those damn things, whatever they are, are good. One of them spotted me and I have never seen five people go from stoically standing to leaping through the air like predators, blades formed out of their arms as they lept at me at once, unified. It was actually kind of impressive; luckily they weren't ready for me and the precautions I take. A few well placed explosives and projection technology. After I gave them the slip, they left the area and I heard reports of them making their way to Mechanicsville. I doubled my efforts to figure out who they were talking too and who they were after." She continues, allowing a small smile and a nod of her head to escape as she looks to Weiss. "It was Jazai. She is alive, and being hunted by these things. It is why she left. I haven't made contact with her yet, but I do know she is still around New Lazlo." She hands Weiss a piece of paper. "I found this note during my investigation into who they were after."

Don't follow me. Weiss recognizes the hand-writing immediately. When Weiss reads the note, Ronith's attunement to danger kicks in and he feels a looming threat. Still inside an inclosed building, Ronith feels the sense that something is about to happen to him, Weiss or Whyne within the next sixty seconds; something bad.




Outside, Dockside
Ashlynn, Beltin, Barracuda, Jack

Jack splits off from the main group upon finding the perch he wanted and heads over to the power plant. He is able to competently climb the scaffolding on the exterior of the powerplant without being seen by any of the workers still present, most being preoccupied or too overworked to care to look up. When scanning for cameras, Jack doesn't notice any of them specifically trailing the group, however as he rounds one of the exterior corners of the plant, he finds himself face to face, or rather, eye to eye with a camera. The power cord to the camera is easy to spot and Jack can move on to his perch. While up top, Jack's birds eye view is palpable. With his bow at the ready, Jack is able to spot the two individuals Ashlynn mentioned and still, several minutes later, do not seem to have moved. He is also able to see inside the upper windows of the warehouse and from the superior height, can almost see all the way to the ground floor of the warehouse, but not quiet. While Jack doesn't see anything else out of the ordinary, he does get the uncomfortable feeling that something is very off; dangerously off. During his sweep, he notices the two Ashlynn and Barracuda are stalking, one seems to be facing directly in his direction and the other shifts, turning towards the Kentucky Moonshine Co. when a drunk approaches Barracuda.

Ashlynn for her part is not keen on two randoms that may be stalking the group and puts her sharp skills to use. She can't really tell where the first one is looking, but the second one seems to be perfectly facing the power plant or warehouse direction. Both of them seem to be hiding something but what is impossible to tell, they don't seem to have anything on them but their clothing and the burning cigarettes. She's fairly positive that the two of them are within 150 feet of them, on the ship-side receiving area and currently still motionless. She doesn't even hear breathing or see movement from them, except when the second one raises its arm to take a small puff of the cigarette. When she turns her attention to the warehouse, she notices that the warehouse seems to be a dead zone of sound, even for her senses. Barracuda's comments about the unease of their stillness does seem to stick, they are too still. And in a perhaps unfortunate move, Ashlynn does spot the second one shift and seem to face her specifically, though the Moonshine Co is directly behind them. They've definitely been standing around too long to be considered on shift.

Content with Jack finding a sniper perch to provide overwatch, Beltin sticks with Ashlynn and Barracuda, turning his attention to the dockworkers and get an odd feeling. Glancing around, he doesn't notice anything immediately out of the ordinary but the feeling just won't go away. His sense of a threat does not go away, and in fact gets stronger as his psionic sixth senses to danger kicks in; something is going to happen in the next couple minutes to him, Ashlynn or Barracuda....

Beltin then hears a stumble and from behind, it seems that Barracuda and another individual bumped into each other. The smell of alcohol permeating from the man as he presses a strong finger to Barracuda's chest. "H-hey there. You best watch where you're going, likely to PISS SOMEONE OFF just bumping into them like that, ya know?!" He almost screams the part of being pissed off before he snickers and pats Barracuda on the shoulder "Lucky for you, I'm more patient Hic- now, how bout buying a patient bloke a round?" He finishes with a long belch. Ashlynn passively eyes the fella, still focusing on the dockhands, and notes that this guy seems to be teetering on blackout drunk. Jack has solid eyes on the drunk the approached Barracuda from his perch, and the two dockhands - still motionless..




Outside, Dockside Scouts
Grant and Josie

Grant and Josie are able to resituate with Grant's six-inch self and move relatively quietly through the buildings to get a look around the docks. When he looks with his Farsight towards where they came from, the two on the left (green) path seem to have vanished, lending some credence to the thought of them being black marketeers. When he looks towards the waterfront, Grant sees the most disconcerting thing, a pair of eyes seemingly staring directly at him, reactionless. After the initial surprise, Grant realizes they aren't directly at him but damn close and he properly identifies the two dockhands that Ashlynn and Barracuda are stalking. His sight revealing more disconcerting things about the face staring at him; it is indeed motionless and as far as Grant can tell, not drawing any breath. The eyes are fixated on nothing and seemingly observing everything, Grant notices the head of the second one shift and rotate, moving for the first time. It is now staring towards the Kentucky Moonshine Co, with the first one still staring out in his direction.

Ronith and Beltin's Sixth Senses have activated, though there are no visible immediate threats to either.
What are your intentions?
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:30 am

JIC D20: 1d20 = 18
JIC D100: 1d100 = 22
Perception 37%: 1d100 = 58

Josie stops and dismounts off of her bike. She makes sure not to step on Grant as she does. She pretends to stretch.

Grant wrote:"Josie, there were a couple of guys I spotted on our way here that looked a little bit un-busy and staring towards the warehouse, John and Sir Ronith were headed, pick me up and lets creep forward and see if they've gone back to work,"


"That seems reasonable. Forgive me if I squeeze you too hard, never pick up someone of your size. If you want, I can leave you here and I could always do another driveby while you watch their reactions as I approach."

Josie walks over and bends down to touch her toes. As she does she picks up Grant. She walks over to the corner of the building to allow Grant a better view. As takes a look from the direction ther were coming from, Josie notices that mini Grant is cast more spells. This time she wakes him as weaves his spells.

Magic, again? Well I guess if that your specialty then that's what you use all the time. I wonder what kind of magic he has to help me with winning some money. Would he even help with that or I wonder if he's one of the morally upright citizen? What he doesn't know can't hurt me. Better find a way to bring up inconspicuously.

"What do you see? Nothing looks out of the ordinary from up here. Did you notice where those two workers went to? I think I missed them. Trying to make sure we don't crash an' all."
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:52 am

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 95
JIC: 1d100 = 47, 1d100 = 27

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 633/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics

  • Invisibile: Simple | Indefinite, innate ability
  • Mystic Invisiblity | MA 17 | 56 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Reduce Self | BOM 113 | 13 min | 6" tall, includes worn items/gear.
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 4.5 min | See license plate/fact up to 2 miles away.
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | 24 min | Surface Thoughts 90' 2-Way telepathic conversation 470'


Lore: Juicers 104% vs 1d100 = 77| Know about Juicers
Lore: Demons & Monsters 129% vs 1d100 = 63 | Do the two dock workers exhibit behaviors of a demon or monster Grant has heard about
Lore: D-Bees 124% vs 1d100 = 45 | Do the two dock workers exhibit behaviors of a d-bee Grant has heard about

Josie wrote:"What do you see? Nothing looks out of the ordinary from up here. Did you notice where those two workers went to? I think I missed them. Trying to make sure we don't crash an' all."


"Josie, switch your bio-comp to relaxed for a minute, rushing me won't help," mini-Grant says. With the magic sight in effect his vision zooms in to each object he focuses on seeing their details as if they were just a few feet away.

Creepy Dock Dudes wrote:Grant and Josie are able to resituate with Grant's six-inch self and move relatively quietly through the buildings to get a look around the docks. When he looks with his Farsight towards where they came from, the two on the left (green) path seem to have vanished, lending some credence to the thought of them being black marketeers. When he looks towards the waterfront, Grant sees the most disconcerting thing, a pair of eyes seemingly staring directly at him, reactionless. After the initial surprise, Grant realizes they aren't directly at him but damn close and he properly identifies the two dockhands that Ashlynn and Barracuda are stalking. His sight revealing more disconcerting things about the face staring at him; it is indeed motionless and as far as Grant can tell, not drawing any breath. The eyes are fixated on nothing and seemingly observing everything, Grant notices the head of the second one shift and rotate, moving for the first time. It is now staring towards the Kentucky Moonshine Co, with the first one still staring out in his direction.


Oh fudge, they see us! The little voice inside Grant's head raises an octave or two as he sees the unblinking eyes pointed in his direction. "No wait," Grant hisses, then realizes that he's starting in the middle. The mage then whispers, "I don't know where the first two went, but the ones by the dock are acting weird. They are looking towards the building behind us, I thought they were looking at us, but they are utterly motionless, like statues." Grant sees the head deliberately turn. "No wait," he says again. "One just turned his head to look at the Kentucky Moonshine Co. But, like, just his head, nothing else moved. These guys are definitely creepy."

Grant closes his eyes for a few seconds as he concentrates and activates his telepathy (4 I.S.P. range increased 50% due to proximity of the nexus to 570', 24 min). The mage reaches out to Sir Ronith's mind. Sir Ronith, Josie and I are in an alley next to the building you are in. There are two dock workers staring at the building, waiting for something. They look human, but I don't think they are; their mannerisms are...wrong.

"Josie," Grant whispers, "put me down. I don't think Ms Whyne's precautions were successful, whatever she came here to tell John, I think those two want to know as well. We need to be ready. Do you want to go check back the way we came to see if the first two are moving towards us?"

Grant moves back to a more hidden spot knowing and then cancels Reduce Self as it was going to expire in a few minutes anyway.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 48 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 61

"Those two dudes are giving me the creeps. They're too still, and... CRIPES" She shudders.

"I think one just turned and looked at me!" She whispers. "They def have some mojo workin'."

As the drunk wobbles into Barracuda, she shifts her focus onto him, but when she's convinced he's a legit drunk, she writes him off as harmless and returns her focus to the motionless dockhands.

Something very wrong about them guys. She continues to passively scan the area with radar. If something wants to charge at us, I wanna see 'em first.

Radar
• Range: 400'
• Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 96 (FAIL)
• Estimate Distance 92% 1d100 = 72 (SUCCESS)
• Estimate Direction 92% 1d100 = 32 (SUCCESS)
• Estimate Speed 72% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCESS)
• Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100 = 28 (SUCCESS)


Hearing
• Range: 360' radius
• Estimate distance of sound 70% 1d100 = 36 (SUCCESS)
• Estimate speed and direction of approach 60% 1d100 = 9 (SUCCESS)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:47 pm

-> ROLLS CARRIED OVER <-

Grant wrote:"Josie," Grant whispers, "put me down. I don't think Ms Whyne's precautions were successful, whatever she came here to tell John, I think those two want to know as well. We need to be ready. Do you want to go check back the way we came to see if the first two are moving towards us?"


"That's a good idea. I'll radio you if they're head'n your way. I could even do a couple of tricks on the way down the street. Ya' know, to keep the cover of me just going out for a ride. What'cha think?"

Josie responds, trying to talk as quietly as possible. She looks around, acting like she is waiting or looking for someone. Making an effort not to look at Grant when she talks to him. She glance back the way she came once or twice, to see if she can see anyone walking their way.
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:51 am

Perception 50% 1d100 = 68
JIC 1d100 = 56 1d20 = 12

Underguard wrote:"I am expecting trouble. I had you meet me here just incase I was followed, which is likely, Haven isn't compromised." She responds to Weiss, the comment making Ronith attention perk and he finds himself glancing at the window-line that runs the course of the building upper wall. Weiss notices that Whyne seems a tad shaken by something as she continues her reveal.


Weiss gaze remains intent on Whyne, but his hand strays instantly to the holster on his leg. Considering what had happened that started this search, Weiss was not surprised that there was potential trouble.

Underguard wrote:"As you remember, I headed up to New Lazlo and set up an outlet in those parts. All was well and good until a pack of newcomers came to the area. Normally, that means nothing, but these men were not ordinary and soon I found myself with the job of finding out who they were. So I dug and found nothing." She says, an emphasis on men and nothing before adding, "By nothing, not even local authorities had records of these guys arriving and beyond visibly seeing 5 of them, that was it."

She paces for a moment and shakes her head. "At first I thought they were dimensional visitors, maybe aliens or something. The more I followed them the less it all made sense. I trailed them for three days, they never ate or slept. They kept moving the entire time and in less than three days these five men had cased the entire community of New Lazlo and its surrounding area. They were looking for someone specific. On the third night, I followed them to the power station outside New Lazlo where they huddled together and the strangest thing happened." Weiss can notice as she finishes her sentence that she seems to be lost in thought for a moment, thinking back on what she saw before she continues. "It's like what I was seeing was them communicating back home. I heard them talk in a unified voice to something they called Vault Machine 5 and their hunt for an extinct specimen; the last of their kind." She adds, her eyes meeting Weiss's at the implication. "They had traced the subject to New Lazlo but hit a dead end and that was when I had to run for my life." Ronith's attention shifts back to Whyne at this comment.


Weiss listens intently, but anxiously waits to hear what any of this had to do with Jazz. He glances up at the windows and across at the doors, looking for potential trouble. As he mentions an extinct specimen, Weiss tilts his head slightly, confused. Only a few months ago, I saw one of Jazz's people here in Merctown.

Underguard wrote:"Those damn things, whatever they are, are good. One of them spotted me and I have never seen five people go from stoically standing to leaping through the air like predators, blades formed out of their arms as they lept at me at once, unified. It was actually kind of impressive; luckily they weren't ready for me and the precautions I take. A few well placed explosives and projection technology. After I gave them the slip, they left the area and I heard reports of them making their way to Mechanicsville. I doubled my efforts to figure out who they were talking too and who they were after." She continues, allowing a small smile and a nod of her head to escape as she looks to Weiss. "It was Jazai. She is alive, and being hunted by these things. It is why she left. I haven't made contact with her yet, but I do know she is still around New Lazlo." She hands Weiss a piece of paper. "I found this note during my investigation into who they were after."


Weiss' heart leaps into his mouth as he reaches over, hand trembling slightly, to take the note out of her hand.

Underguard wrote:Don't follow me. Weiss recognizes the hand-writing immediately.


"Where did you find the note? Who was it meant for?" Weiss asks, as he meets Whyne's gaze again a hint of fear in his voice. Why didn't she tell me about this? "Any sign of any demons?"
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 89 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 3


Underguard wrote:Outside, Dockside
Ashlynn, Beltin, Barracuda, Jack

Jack splits off from the main group upon finding the perch he wanted and heads over to the power plant. He is able to competently climb the scaffolding on the exterior of the powerplant without being seen by any of the workers still present, most being preoccupied or too overworked to care to look up. When scanning for cameras, Jack doesn't notice any of them specifically trailing the group, however as he rounds one of the exterior corners of the plant, he finds himself face to face, or rather, eye to eye with a camera. The power cord to the camera is easy to spot and Jack can move on to his perch. While up top, Jack's birds eye view is palpable. With his bow at the ready, Jack is able to spot the two individuals Ashlynn mentioned and still, several minutes later, do not seem to have moved. He is also able to see inside the upper windows of the warehouse and from the superior height, can almost see all the way to the ground floor of the warehouse, but not quiet. While Jack doesn't see anything else out of the ordinary, he does get the uncomfortable feeling that something is very off; dangerously off. During his sweep, he notices the two Ashlynn and Barracuda are stalking, one seems to be facing directly in his direction and the other shifts, turning towards the Kentucky Moonshine Co. when a drunk approaches Barracuda.


Jack sits on his perch, the uneasy feeling growing stronger as time passes, Got a feeling boring isn't in the cards today. When Jack catches a glance of the guy looking at him he wonders, How did you see me? Thought I did a good job climbing, maybe not. You guys don't seem to be working too hard. Feeling there is something really off about the men he turns his aim and focus to them, in particular the guy looking directly at him.

Taking a quick moment to confirm the group is aware Jack keys up his radio, "Anyone see Tweedle dee and tweedled dumb, got one of em eyeballing me. Don't really care for it much. Am I good to send him my love? Let him know he is the light of my life? I would really rather to hit first and hit hard, ask questions later. Dude is creeping me out.

Jack waits for instruction, keeping his aim trained on the two men.
Last edited by Jack McDermott on Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:02 am

JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 72
PER: 1d100 = 10 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
[*]Telepathy: Superior- R25, P. 83, 600ft. probe/1200ft. communication, 22m remaining.
[*]Extended presence sense- R25, P. 77, 70ft. radius, 22m remaining, 89% skill.
[*]Sixth sense- +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge in next melee round

Prowl- 1d100 = 93 vs. 101% (+20% if there are shadows into which Ronith can blend)
To move silently, and ideally to stay in the shadows so that Ronith's movements are not easily seen by any observers
Perception- 1d100 = 90 vs. 101%
If Ronith can spot the people outside that Grant mentioned, try to identify their true nature.
Extended presence sense- 1d100 = 84 vs. 89%
I honestly don't know what purpose this roll serves- maybe the power fails if the skill roll does? Or just a roll to reflect its precision?

Ronith completes his circuit of the building's interior, and settles into a relaxed but watchful pose at a discreet distance from Weiss and Whyne's conversation. He listens attentively but not obviously, ready to jump in with any thoughts from an outsider's perspective. From the sound of things, Weiss has his bases covered.

Ronith perks up when Whyne mentions the attempt on her life, and he sidles into view of the other two- though he remains silent through Whyne's description, and while Weiss reads the note. Then Ronith's sixth sense goes off, followed shortly by a telepathic message from Beltin. Ronith digs into his own psychic reserves and prepares to respond in kind ((-8 ISP to activate telepathy: superior, also -2 for sixth sense)); if Ronith can tap into the nearby ley line for extra ISP he will do so (1d6+1 = 2 ISP drawn).

Grant Latham wrote:Sir Ronith, Josie and I are in an alley next to the building you are in. There are two dock workers staring at the building, waiting for something. They look human, but I don't think they are; their mannerisms are...wrong.
Thank you, Grant. I sense danger; no doubt Beltin has too. Coordinate your support efforts with him- I shall see what I can learn of these individuals and prepare a safe extraction route with Weiss and Whyne. Which side of the building are they on?

Ronith's next move is to notify Weiss and Whyne of what he has sensed, starting with Weiss but moving quickly on to the changeling. Prepare to evacuate- we are in danger and the others have detected people outside converging on our location. Act normal, but be ready for a fight.

Ronith will also draw his cloak about himself nonchalantly and attempt to blend into the shadows. Once he's done as good a job as he can of concealing himself from outside observation, Ronith will sneak over to any window facing the direction Grant indicates, and attempt to unobtrusively examine the duo so indicated. He will observe their disguises for a few moments at least, attempting to see through them. Finally, Ronith will activate extended presence sense ((-8 ISP)) to try and get a fix on the number and location of any others in the immediate vicinity. If there are more than say, two or three Ronith will convey this information to Weiss and Whyne via telepathy as well; either way Ronith will position himself to to ambush the densest concentration of ambushers. Depending on their exact number and disposition, his goal will be to serve as a distraction and buy time either for Weiss and Whyne to evacuate, or for the others to come to the rescue.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:45 am

(rolls carried)

Land Navigation 106% vs 1d100 = 30 | Estimate distance to the two on the dock
Math:Advanced 119% vs 1d100 = 64 | Estimate distance to the two on the dock


Ronith wrote:Thank you, Grant. I sense danger; no doubt Beltin has too. Coordinate your support efforts with him- I shall see what I can learn of these individuals and prepare a safe extraction route with Weiss and Whyne. Which side of the building are they on?


Understood, Grant replies telepathically.


Josie wrote:"That's a good idea. I'll radio you if they're head'n your way. I could even do a couple of tricks on the way down the street. Ya' know, to keep the cover of me just going out for a ride. What'cha think?"


Grant whispers back, "Sir Ronith senses trouble, and I've yet to see him wrong. If these guys are after Whyne, we probably want to try and capture them alive. Be careful." Probably the wrong thing to say to a Juicer.

Jack McDermott wrote:Taking a quick moment to confirm the group is aware Jack keys up his radio, "Anyone see Tweedle dee and tweedled dumb, got one of em eyeballing me. Don't really care for it much. Am I good to send him my love? Let him know he is the light of my life? I would really rather to hit first and hit hard, ask questions later. Dude is creeping me out.


Grant touches the mic on his throat, and adds, "I have the eyes on the two at the dock as well. There were two others that Josie and I saw on the way here. She's back tracking to see if they are following us. Beltin, do you want me to stay in position near Sir Ronith's location, or follow Josie?" Grant stays silent in regards to taking the shot, or not as he does not want to disrupt the chain of command.

Grant looks at the distance between the two he sees and his current location. Need to be a little bit closer before they will be in range of a Magic Net spell. (With the proximity of the ley line, he should have a range of 180'; 60' normally x2 for a Lord Magi x1.5 for the ley line.)
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:34 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 89 vs 30%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 3



A lump grows in the back of Jack's throat when he hears Grant radio back that there were two others that are currently gone. We don't need anyone getting the jump on us. Damn it. Jack looks around quickly trying to see if he notices anyone else than the two jabroneys already sitting. Making sure to keeping looking back he scans the surroundings while he keys up his microphone, "Missing dance partners are never good. I'll look around and see if I can find them. Maybe they got cold feet."

Jack looks down quickly at the path he climbed up to make sure no one is attempting to sneak up to his position. They can't be packing much heat. Hell this is still Merctown.

Skills

Detect Ambush 50% vs 1d100 = 13 - Looking for anybody setting up an ambush on the building Ronith and Weiss went in.

Tracking: People 35% vs 1d100 = 78 - Look for any signs of people moving in places that don't have normal foot traffic.

Detect Concealment 45% vs 1d100 = 86 - Look for anybody hiding or trying to stay out of sight.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 49/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 12

Ashlynn wrote:"Those two dudes are giving me the creeps. They're too still, and... CRIPES" She shudders.

"I think one just turned and looked at me!" She whispers. "They def have some mojo workin'."

"Yeah, I'm not liking what's going on here. But until they make a move or something, we can't really..."

*BUMP*

Before he can get an understanding of what just happened, Barracuda looks down to a finger pressing into his chest. He looks up and sees/hears the drunk babbling about being pissed off. Dude. Really? Ugh, be cool to him. He doesn't know what he's getting into. Barracuda takes a step back from the man and says "Hey, sorry about that brother. Listen..." Barracuda looks to Ashlynn for a moment before putting his eyes back on the drunk. "I'd love to buy you a drink but..." Barracuda points over to the dockhands that are motionless. "My buddy over there has my wallet. Let me get his attention."

Barracuda walks about half way to the dockhands and raises the volume of his voice to make sure he can hear it. "Hey friend. Got a spare smoke?"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:38 am

rolls carried

Ronith wrote: Prepare to evacuate- we are in danger and the others have detected people outside converging on our location. Act normal, but be ready for a fight.


"Dammit," Weiss whispers under his breath, as he unclips his holster and moves closer to Whyne. "My armour absorbs energy, but what have you seen these creatures use so far?"

He looks around quickly, looking out for anything that might be hidden. Damn it, no heavy vehicles for protection. Need to warn the others about what they are facing.
"can you drop the frequency jamming slightly to make it easier for our team to communicate. Just needs to be one frequency."

OOC Comments
Detect Concealment 39% 1d100 = 91
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC


Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron