The Search Is On.

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:23 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 15/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 16| 1d100 = 64%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Radiate their Nature [tense]
  • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magical Energy. 1d100 = 30 | 90%. Range: 900/1900 ft.
Stats
  • T-21 M.D.C.:
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Rear Jet Pack (1): 50/50
    • Chest Headlight (1): 2/2
    • *Head: 60/60
    • Main Body: 170/170
      *Requires a called shot at -3 to strike
  • I.S.P.: 296/298
Active Magic and Psionics

  • Sixth Sense

"Danger Imminent." Beltin keys into the team's radio frequency. His hesitation to communicate such a message in a timely fashion at risk of causing his teammates harm. "Ambush Alert!" he continues on the comms, potentially overcompensating, "Identify possible enemy targets by comms when you spot them. Get civilians clear of combat zone to minimize collateral damage."

The young investigator gives the dockhands and drunkard a suspicious glare behind his masked armor and wills into existence an additional layer of invisible telekinetic protection around himself ((Psychic Body Field. -30 ISP)). Allowing others to (hopefully) nonchalantly prepare and guide civilians away, he focuses the rest of his efforts on summoning a weapon of pure psychic energy ((Psi-Sword. -30 ISP)). Guess this clandestine meeting wasn't quite as secret as we had thought. Were we the ones who were followed, or was she?

Status Updates
ISP: 296 - 60 = 236
Code: Select all
[*]Psychic Body Field. 18.00 min. [color=green]90[/color]/90 MDC.
[*]Psi-Sword. 90.00 min. [dice](10d6)*2+1d6[/dice] MD.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:04 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 98 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 76

As the situation unfolds, Ashlynn hears the developments shared via comms

Jack wrote:"Anyone see Tweedle dee and tweedled dumb, got one of em eyeballing me. Don't really care for it much. Am I good to send him my love? Let him know he is the light of my life?


Grant wrote:"I have the eyes on the two at the dock as well. There were two others that Josie and I saw on the way here. She's back tracking to see if they are following us. Beltin, do you want me to stay in position near Sir Ronith's location, or follow Josie?"


drunk guy wrote:"While your friend hic- gets us some smokes, care for a round on me at the KMC? You guys seem nice."


Though he seems normal - nice even - in Ashlynn's experience, bumping into one person might be an accident, but two... that's a pattern. She turns and gives him the ol' eyeball, just to be on the cautious side, while continuing to focus using her radar and heightened hearing. For most, that might be difficult, but for Ashlynn, doing two things at one time is old hat (cf. Multi-Tasking)

Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 3 (CRIT SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 68% 1d100 = 35 (SUCCESS)

Even if she sees nothing untoward about the guy, he deserves a brush-off.

"We're busy, dude. Move along," she says, although she feels bad about it. I can maybe find him another time and make it up to him.

Radar
• Range: 400'
• Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 4 (CRIT SUCCESS)
• Estimate Distance 92% 1d100 = 91 (SUCCESS)
• Estimate Direction 92% 1d100 = 46 (SUCCESS)
• Estimate Speed 72% 1d10 = 6 (SUCCESS)
• Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100 = 15 (SUCCESS)


Hearing
• Range: 360' radius
• Estimate distance of sound 70% 1d100 = 49 (SUCCESS)
• Estimate speed and direction of approach 60% 1d100 = 24 (SUCCESS)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 am

JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 64
PER: 1d100 = 10 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
[*]Telepathy: Superior- R25, P. 83, 900ft. probe/1800ft. communication, 33m remaining.
[*]Extended presence sense- R25, P. 77, 105ft. radius, 33m remaining, 89% skill.
[*]Sixth sense- +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge in next melee round

Perception: ID Enemy in Disguise- 1d100 = 23 vs. 101%
Comparing the 'Defenders' before him vs. all the others Ronith has met- similarities in body language, equipment, etc.
Intimidate: 1d100 = 16 vs. 65% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel)
To try and intimidate the 'Defenders' into surrendering

Ronith has worked with, and fought beside, the Defenders on more than one occasion since coming to MercTown. Not once has any of them ever triggered his danger sense- it's an instinct Ronith has learned to trust. The cyber-knight will continue his posture of affected nonchalance, and engage the speaking Defender in easy conversation.

Ronith's first move will be to telepathically read the Defender's surface thoughts- specifically, to evaluate whether he is being truthful about 'just answering questions.' Ronith will also examine the fellow as he talks- to see if he can find any confirmation of Whyne's allegation that he is an impersonator.

Underguard wrote:"Excuse me, gentlemen and lady. This is a restricted building; we have a few questions for you if you don't mind coming with us."
Giving a wide smile, Ronith steps forward ('coincidentally' placing himself between the speaker and Whyne/Weiss) he lifts his hands in a grandiose shrug ('coincidentally' putting his hands within easy reach of his sword hilts) and gives a big, wide smile. "Of course! I would have to have any misunderstanding with the Defenders- I consider a number of your compatriots to be my friends.* Since you don't seem to have transport, I shall just let them know where they can come pick us up."

((*I took a brief skim through the archives- Ronith has had a number of encounters with the Defenders, most recently in this thread. Strictly speaking, I don't think he was ever formally introduced to any one officer by name, but presumably through small talk and 'off-screen' interactions he would have picked up at least one or two. If Ronith is in a position to know any Defenders by name, he will name-drop them here. Otherwise, he will say this dialogue as written.))

On the off-chance that the pair allows Ronith to radio the Defenders, he will call them up on their dedicated radio channel "This is Sir Ronith Turand of Heroes for Hire. We have a few Defenders on scene who would like to interrogate us- I request pick up at our location as soon as possible." Should the pair accede to this request as well, Ronith will only get in the transport of a Defender whom he knows personally, and will not allow himself to be separated from Whyne or Weiss for any reason.

More likely, Ronith's ploy will make the two realize the jig is up. Ronith will be watching for this, and studying the 'Defender' intently via both visual and psionic senses. If either his field agent training or his telepathic probes, or even simply observation, suggest that the Defenders are going to attack Ronith will Quick Draw his swords and hold one to the throat of the Defender in front of him, pointing the second as his compatriot trying to circle around. Putting on his best, easygoing bravado Ronith attempts to intimidate the two into surrendering. "You two are in way, way over your heads. If the name Ronith Turand means anything to you, you shall surrender now and I shall leave you alive. I will not ask again." If at any point the Defenders move to attack, Ronith will do the same.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 29/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 16

While Jack is watching the three investigate laurel and hardy he sees the third guy bump through Ashlynn. What the hell is going on down there? First Baracuda, now Ash? This guy has a serious chip on his shoulder. When Ash and Beltin turn toward the guy as he walks by Jack is almost immediately put off. Come on guys, they are corralling you. You have your backs to each other. Then Beltin Radios his alert and Jack's stomach turns, No shit your in danger. Look at that positioning. Ronith would be flipping right now. I have to do something.

Knowing there probably isn't a lot of time left Jack decides on distraction, I need to get everyone's attention. Maybe through the other guys off enough for the Heroes to make a move. It has to be close though. Jack looks to a stack of boxes close enough to all six people to be easily observed. He looks for something that what cause them all to look in the same direction when destroyed, or at least get Beltin, Ash and Cuda looking at each other.

Keying up the microphone he allows for a very quick warning. "Incoming, eyes on Bumpy McShoulder. " Jack draws the bow back, takes aim on the stack of crates (or items as described by the GM) and looses 3 quick energy blasts at it. They play by our clock, not theirs. Hope this enough. After the energy blast strike their targets he keys up his radio, "Hard to tell good from bad up here, just us and them from my vantage. I need target identification or this is moving to a KEA situation. I'm liking them all for targets at this point."

Jack looks around the area again, scanning for any changes. He looks for any new ambush points or anything concealed he hadn't noticed before. After the scan he turns back to the group and trains his bow and eye on the pack of cigarettes in the man's hand near Barracuda. Smoking is not good for your health. The surgeon general doesn't like that. Jack draws back and looses one last arrow, aiming directly at the cigarette pack for a surgical strike.

skills
Detect Ambush 50% vs 1d100 = 17 - Looking for any new Ambush points he may have missed
Detect Concealment 45% vs 1d100 = 52 - looking for any hidden assailants.

Strike rolls
WP Archery +2, WP targeting +2, Strike +5, Bow bonus +2, Aimed Shot +3 - Total +14 to strike

Strike 1 (stack of crates) - 1d20+14 = 26, Damage 4d6 = 14
Strike 2 (stack of crates) - 1d20+14 = 22, Damage 4d6 = 15
Strike 3 (stack of crates) - 1d20+14 = 22, Damage 4d6 = 17
Strike 4 (aim/called shot cigarette pack) - EP success, EP success bank i will note use once confirmed.Damage 4d6 = 11 x 2 = 22
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:32 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 11

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 633/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 13.5 min | 90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magic cold, fire, and lightning.
  • Mystic Invisiblity | MA 17 | 55.5 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 13.5 min | Two way portal through 72' of material, or 1 way portal with exit up to 900' away.
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 4.5 min | See license plate/fact up to 2 miles away.
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | 23.5 min | Surface Thoughts 90' 2-Way telepathic conversation 470'



Underguard wrote:Beltin's radio silence leaves Grant to maintain his position and keep an eye on the dockhands from his position outside of the storehouse. He does see the one move away and catches the sight of Barracuda speaking to it and the cigarette pack being held up. Grant also notices that the second dockhand, the one he thought was staring at him, did not move. He did not acknowledge his companion leaving, nor did he acknowledge Barracuda as the other one did. Their behaviors do not match any known juicers, monsters or demonics he's ever heard off. They do seem to react to this environment as if it is not their natural one, leading Grant some credence to the idea they are extradimensional, though what he cannot say. They are a couple hundred meters away from him near the building Ronith and Weiss occupy. Josie nonchalantly moves away and back towards her bike after discussing with Grant to try to find the two that he spotted on the way out. On her initial rise, she notices that one of the windows that lines the ceiling of the roof of the storehouse is propped open, on the backside of the building.


Grant begins to get concerned for the rest of his teams safety when Beltin's voice finally crackles over the radio.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Danger Imminent." Beltin keys into the team's radio frequency. His hesitation to communicate such a message in a timely fashion at risk of causing his teammates harm. "Ambush Alert!" he continues on the comms, potentially overcompensating, "Identify possible enemy targets by comms when you spot them. Get civilians clear of combat zone to minimize collateral damage."


If both Sir Ronith and Beltin are anticipating something that confirms there are multiple groups prowling around us, Grant deduces. Whoever those two down at the docks are, their not reacting like a human, nor any d-bee that I know of; their disconnected reactions to the environment would imply they have a different measure for threat analysis and or senses. From their precise movements, they might be machines.

Grant casts Armor of Ithan upon himself (10 P.P.E., 90 M.D.C., 13.5 min). His magical more than mundane senses confirm the field of invisible energy form around him.

Grant clicks on his radio as he moves next to the wall of the storehouse (where Sir Ronith and Weiss are), "Josie, fall back to my position, we may need to support Sir Ronith and John." Need to see what's going on in there, Grant thinks. He raises both hands and chants the words to Mystic Portal (20 P.P.E., 13.5 min). He doesn't go for the two way portal for the wall, but positions the exit to be 5 to 10 feet beyond the wall, giving him a 10' by 20' window into the building.

If/when Josie returns, Grant tells her. "This is a one way door into the building. Stick even a toe through it and you will be on the other side with no return. We can't interact with anything we see unless we step through the door. Depending on what happens, you may need to support Sir Ronith, while I return my attention to the two on the dock."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:39 pm

Perception 50% 1d100 = 84
JIC 1d100 = 11 1d20 = 7


Underguard wrote:"No sign of demons, and I am positive the note was left for me. I came this close to cornering one of my leads east of Lahzo in a abandoned compound and found that note pinned to a wall before the door I was about to enter collapsed, like a trap. It was a warning, whoever I was following really did not want to be caught. I was tracking a female lead at the time. Profile matches. I think it was Jazia." Whyne responds to Weiss's initial questions before Ronith gets his sense.


Weiss' head spins for a moment as he wants to follow up with further questions before they are suddenly interrupted by 'Faux' Defenders.

Underguard wrote:"Excuse me, gentlemen and lady. This is a restricted building; we have a few questions for you if you don't mind coming with us." The first Defender says and Ronith can see Whyne back up, nearly leveling her pistol at their sudden appearance.


At first, Weiss feels irritated by their arrival, before he sees them move.

Underguard wrote:Whyne glances to Rontih and Weiss and mutters under her breathe. "These guys shouldn't be here... I know who owns this warehouse and it sure isn't them... This was a tactic - impersonate law enforcement..." Whyne finishes in a hushed whisper as the first Defender takes a couple steps towards her specifically, and the second one seems to circle the trio. Weiss notices that there is something off on the Defenders, as though they are hiding what they do not have and their bodies move rigidly, unnaturally as if they are hiding something; though he cannot place it.

"Please, do not make this difficult. We only want to talk, no need to turn this into an incident. I'm sure we can have you out of there before 2200." The first Defender reiterates


Weiss takes a couple of steps back as Ronith steps forward, nudging Whyne as he does so. Whyne said those things liked to get in close. Keep our distance and let Ronith take them down.

"Stay close," he whispers to Whyne as he activates the invulnerability charm Grant gave him as he tries to prevent the faux defenders from encircling them.

"The Praetor is a good close personal friend of mine," Weiss addresses the Faux Defenders confidently, "let me give him a call and get this all sorted out."

OOC Comments
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100 = 22


As Weiss speaks, he raises his hand as if to use his helmet radio, but with his other hand, he reaches for the handle of his sword. Whyne can provide covering fire, whilst if need be I can hold them up so we can escape to the others.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:07 pm

JIC D20: 1d20 = 5
JIC D100: 1d100 = 47
Perception 37%: 1d100 = 10

Josie is stringing around to make her wah back towards Grant when she hears the chatter over the comms. Her adrenaline starts to rush, when she realizes that danger is imminent.

Grant wrote:"Josie, fall back to my position, we may need to support Sir Ronith and John."


Danger!? Right on. Looks like we get to have some fun today. I just hope there are no supernatural around. I have had my fill of them for the time being. The two workers will have to wait.

Josie races her bike back to the last known location of Grant. Preparing for a fight, she draws her pistol after she dismounts.

Grant wrote:"This is a one way door into the building. Stick even a toe through it and you will be on the other side with no return. We can't interact with anything we see unless we step through the door. Depending on what happens, you may need to support Sir Ronith, while I return my attention to the two on the dock."


"One way ya' say? We can't interact but can I shoot my pistol into it and still have it hit something on the other side or do I need to go thought it first? Well, I don't know if this is of any importance but on the backside of the building, there is a proper open window. It could be nothing but then again. If we can't find the two that we passed, than maybe they crawled through the window and into the building. With all the danger about, I wouldn't put it past them that they did."
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 49/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 61

"Thanks buddy." Barracuda knows that something is wrong, but continues to play it cool. What is with this dude's voice? Barracuda takes one cigarette from the man and stashes it behind his ear. "So, what's the scoop on the docks tonight? Some kinda shipment coming in? You don't seem to have enough of a crew here." He says this last sentence while motioning toward the second dockhand that's staring toward the power plant. "Machines do a hell of a job these days. Maybe you don't really need a full crew. What company are you with?" Barracuda asks as many questions as he can in an attempt to gauge the humanity and sentience of the man he's talking to.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Underguard » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Location: Dockside Outskirts of Merctown
Time: 20:45:45 ;; 15 Seconds have passed
Ley Line Activity: Merctown Ley Line Nexus within 2 miles

Combat Round Posting Rules


Outside, Dockside
Ashlynn, Beltin, Barracuda, Jack, Grant and Josie

Beltin breaks his silence and queues the private channel, alerting everyone to the imminent threat. Drawing his psionic blade and shield, his eyes scan the area and Beltin is able to spot Jack from his perch, as well as notice the first dockhand hasn't engaged anyone at all, hasn't even turned to look and ignored Barracuda calling to his supposed ally. His eyes trace to Ashlynn's who has turned her attention to the drunk before them and upon giving the drunk her full attention, she notices that while he definitely acts and smells drunk, his eyes are wrong. There is no drunken glaze over this man's eyes, in fact there is quite the opposite as she sees a glint in his eyes that could not be mistaken. Something else she notices about the drunk is that he doesn't seem to have any loose equipment or clothing, not a necklace or tie. Infact, this drunk's clothing seem to move with his body nearly unnaturally so. Ashlynn sees the drunk move his right hand behind his body while addressing them, "Come on, a drink would be great, right?" He says. Beltin's imminent threat sense still high, though the drunk hasn't moved with any hostile action Beltin does notice a shift in the Drunk's posture that hides his right arm from view.

Jack is not keen on where the situation is headed and decides to change the rules of the game, releasing three arrows on two different collections of crates with noticeable red markers on them that quickly erupt in small explosions. The first one explodes about 40 feet ahead of Beltin and Ashlynn, and the second one explodes no more than 20 feet from the thus far unresponsive dockhand. Jack notices, to his own irritation, that the dockhand in question did not flinch nor acknowledge the explosion the way a normal person would, instead slowly turning it's head to look a few seconds later before returning its gaze to the warehouse. His eyes allow him to seemingly spot targets he shouldn't be able to see, but due to the cross of texture and size he is able to spot and unleash another arrow towards the cigarette pack, with surprising results.

Barracuda attempts to engage in conversation with the man who doesn't really respond to the question about the ships, but does noticeably shift its posture when Barracuda says machines. "Oh, we know. You'd be surprised what machines can do." He returns with a smile, slowly lowering the cigarette pack. Though before Barracuda has a chance to respond to his statement, he watches as a sleek arrow licks between him and the dockhand, striking the cigarette pack and sending sending a surge through the man's body. Barracuda, being right next to the man, notices that he doesn't react to the arrow so much as he does to the electrical current and Barracuda watches as the mans appearance seems to lose integrity for a brief moment and Barracuda almost thinks he saw silver skin. Then the static fades and the dockhand returns to his normal appearance though with a different look in his eyes, Barracuda no longer sees the smiling man but sees a blank expression with clear colorless eyes as he feels the pressure of a large blade being jabbed into his core. Though he feels the blade rip and glance off of him, the initial impact nearly winds him and knocked him back a few feet. He looks up just in time to see the one in front of him coming in for another attack, quickly.

Jack sees the electrical discharge of his arrow on the dockhand, then watches the dockhand connect with Barracuda and the second one, the one who hadn't moved at all, sprints. Jack watches the second dockhand cover the ground extremely quick, and obviously heading straight towards him. Jack figures he has less than 15 seconds before that dockhand has closed the gap to the Power Station, though he has no idea of its capabilities, nor how it may get up to him.

Josie and Grant are quickly able to regroup on the side of the storehouse, and as Josie lands near Grant, Grant is able to draw a Mystic Portal of generous size to peer into the Warehouse. Grant is able to get the Portal open just in time for Josie to see Ronith with his blade to an armored figure that wears the colors of the Defenders. Josie and Grant both see the Defender take a solid swipe at Ronith and both see the Blade materialize from the Defender's hand mid-swipe.
Dockside Map
H4HDockside1.png


Inside Storehouse 32-39
Ronith and Weiss

Ronith approaches the Defender with a wide smile and open arms, and after offering transport is met with a curt tone from the Defender as he raises his hand up, signalling Rontih to cease his approach. "We have aquetable transport ready to escort you and your two friends." The Defender answers though doesn't move to stop Ronith from queuing his radio which is again met with static; Ronith then remembers Whyne said she had the place blocked to avoid eavesdroppers. This blackout on a sensor sweep could easily cause the Defenders to be curious, though something still feels off. The Defender approaches after Ronith finishes his attempted radio call, "Assessment; this static isn't you, your radios are down." While Ronith does note that the armor he sees is true, 100% Defender issues armor in pristine condition, and the individual talks like a Defender and has yet to remove his helmet. Where Ronith's presence alone would make most law enforcement shudder out of respect, awe or even fear, he notices that these Defenders have none of those reactions. In fact, Ronith notices that they don't seem to be portraying any emotions or thoughts, though now Ronith does hear a curious hum or buzz that seems to be coming from the Defenders.

While Ronith addresses the first Defender, Weiss protectively closes the distance between Whyne and himself and then adds to Ronith's own comments; mentioning the Praetor himself. Weiss notices that this mention doesn't even turn their heads, as if the name or title was irrelevant to them. His attention on the Defender that is speaking, as he addresses him and watches the stoic defender to his right not move. The Defender takes another step towards Ronith, Weiss and Whyne. "Come quietly. This is not a request." He turns his head towards Weiss and adds. "I'm sure your friend, the Praetor, will be at the station waiting for you.".

The Defender does not leave off any signs of a normal Defender or person for that matter, and fails to react when a pair of sudden explosions erupt outside, easily a hundred or two hundred feet away. While Weiss and Whyne both react, Ronith's keen eye watches the Defender who watches him, the stand off not matching anything the Cyberknight had seen before and prompted him to swiftly level his blade at the Defender's throat. Weiss, who turned to look in the direction of the explosion feels a hefty impact as he is roughly knocked to the ground. Both he and Ronith hear Whyne screech and as Weiss locks, he sees the second Defender grappling her in his arms like one. At the same time as this scream, Ronith notices the first Defender, with his sword to their throat, rotate his head slightly and then Ronith instinctively rears back in time to avoid a long sleek blade cutting at his abdomen from the Defender. Ronith sees the blade formed out of the Defenders arm as is not separate, though it is rearing for another attack.

Storehouse Map
H4HWarehouseMap1.png


Underguards Bill of Damages
None yet


Combat Posts: What're your intentions?
Image
AA Professional Services GM || Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) || EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:13 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 17 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 50

Ashlynn's discerning eye notes several things about the old drunk that don't sit right. Whoa - this guys sending up waves of not-rightness... He ain't... person-like.

Before she can alert anyone, though, Jack's arrow sends up an explosion nearby that triggers her action reflexes. "What the frak?"

As the drunk moves his right hand behind his back she shouts "Weapon!" and activates her energy shield ability. She then vaults out of melee range and draws her pistol. If he responds in a hostile manner, then it's on. As she fights, she trusts her radar and advanced hearing to keep her aware of the field of combat.

Radar
Range: 400'
Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 43 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Distance 92% 1d100 = 75 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Direction 92% 1d100 = 22 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Speed 72% 1d100 = 61 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100 = 26 (SUCCESS)


Heightened Hearing
Range: 360'
Estimate Distance of Sound 70% 1d100 = 97 (FAIL)
Estimate Speed and Direction of Approach 60% 1d100 = 40 (SUCCESS)

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 24

APM: 8

Action 1: "Weapon!"; Activate Energy Shield
Action 2: Backflip out of melee range: 1d100 = 82 /95% (SUCCESS); draw NG-45LP Long Pistol

If the 'drunk' responds in a hostile posture She will light him up with energy pistol blasts
If the 'drunk' flees, or feigns pacifism Ashlynn will turn her attention to the thing attacking Barracuda.
Action 3: Shoot Drunk/Barracuda's opponent 1d20+4 = 15; Damage 5d6 = 16
Action 4: Shoot Drunk/Barracuda's opponent 1d20+4 = 5 (Nat. 1!); Damage 5d6 = 23
Action 5: Shoot Drunk/Barracuda's opponent 1d20+4 = 20; Damage 5d6 = 16
Action 6: Shoot Drunk/Barracuda's opponent 1d20+4 = 18; Damage 5d6 = 13

If Ashlynn is pursued for melee she will draw her Laser sword and respond in kind "HEY! Not nice! stay back, creep!"
Action 3: Strike with Laser Sword 1d20+7 = 25; Damage 5d6 = 21
Action 4: Strike with Laser Sword 1d20+7 = 17; Damage 5d6 = 16
Action 5: Strike with Laser Sword 1d20+7 = 21; Damage 5d6 = 16
Action 6: Strike with Laser Sword 1d20+7 = 11; Damage 5d6 = 19

In any case Ashlynn will Dodge as necessary, if her autododge and parry fail to keep her safe
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+9 = 20
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+9 = 17

Parries (With Energy Shield, if necessary): 1) 1d20+13 = 24; 2) 1d20+13 = 28; 3) 1d20+13 = 27; 4) 1d20+13 = 16; 5) 1d20+13 = 31; 6) 1d20+13 = 20; 7) 1d20+13 = 33 (Nat. 20!); 8 ) 1d20+13 = 22

Auto-Dodge: 1) 1d20+3 = 7; 2) 1d20+3 = 11; 3) 1d20+3 = 16; 4) 1d20+3 = 16; 5) 1d20+3 = 16; 6) 1d20+3 = 20; 7) 1d20+3 = 19; 8 ) 1d20+3 = 20
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 17

Jack sees the electrical discharge on the dockhand and it's metamorphic swipe at Baracuda, Well Toto, Doesn't look like we are in Kansas anymore. Judgment day has come to Merctown. When the other dockhand takes off in his direction his heartrate jumps ever so slightly, He must be a little upset, S**t. Coming in hot too.

Jack keys his radio up quickly, "Boogie man coming in quick!" Jack then turns his full focus on the incoming dock hand. Daddy doesn't like when you run in the playground, you can get hurt like that. Jack draws his bow back and fires his bow at the dockhand 5 times. Here's to hoping I stop you before you stop me!

Actions

Initiative roll: 1d20 = 5 +1
Number of Attacks: 6 (haven't completed level up on character sheet but receives a +1 at new level)
Actions 1: Radio Team
Action 2: Strike with Tesla Bow - 1d20+11 = 19 , Damage 4d6 = 16
Action 3: Strike with Tesla Bow - 1d20+11 = 21 , Damage 4d6 = 17
Action 4: Strike with Tesla Bow - 1d20+11 = 14 , Damage 4d6 = 18
Action 5: Strike With Tesla Bow - 1d20+11 = 29 , Damage 4d6 = 14
Action 6: Strike with Tesla Bow - EP Critical Strike , Damage 4d6 = 16 x 2 - 32

*Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative and 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor.

*Strike Bonus - +5 Strike, +2 Targeting, +2 Archery and +2 from Bow - Total +11

Contingency
*Should the dockhand make it to Jack he will use the bow to parry and hand to hand strikes. If the dockhand falls during any of the strikes, Jack will turn the fire on the dockhand attacking Barracuda.

Contingency Parry Rolls
Action 1 - 1d20+9 = 21
Action 2 - 1d20+9 = 16
Action 3 - 1d20+9 = 16
Action 4 - 1d20+9 = 29
Action 5 - 1d20+9 = 18
Action 6 - 1d20+9 = 25

Noted EP success Use - Post
Last edited by Jack McDermott on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:01 am

New Perception: 75% vs 1d20 = 9 duh, 1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 49

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 603/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 13.25 min | 90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magic cold, fire, and lightning.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 150 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge,+2 Damage from Diving Attack
  • Magic Net | BOM 101 | 5.75 min | 180' | 5' radius | Dodge 16 or higher | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.
  • Mystic Invisiblity | MA 17 | 55.25 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 13.25 min | Two way portal through 72' of material, or 1 way portal with exit up to 900' away.
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 4.25 min | See license plate/fact up to 2 miles away.
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | 23.25 min | Surface Thoughts 90' 2-Way telepathic conversation 470'


Josie wrote:"One way ya' say? We can't interact but can I shoot my pistol into it and still have it hit something on the other side or do I need to go thought it first? Well, I don't know if this is of any importance but on the backside of the building, there is a proper open window. It could be nothing but then again. If we can't find the two that we passed, than maybe they crawled through the window and into the building. With all the danger about, I wouldn't put it past them that they did."


Grant's about to repeat what he'd said about not being able to interact with what she sees on the other side of the portal when he sees:

Bad Guys being Bad wrote:Josie and Grant are quickly able to regroup on the side of the storehouse, and as Josie lands near Grant, Grant is able to draw a Mystic Portal of generous size to peer into the Warehouse. Grant is able to get the Portal open just in time for Josie to see Ronith with his blade to an armored figure that wears the colors of the Defenders. Josie and Grant both see the Defender take a solid swipe at Ronith and both see the Blade materialize from the Defender's hand mid-swipe.


His hands rise up reflexively as he thinks, She's tough but still squishy. He casts Armor Bizarre (15 PPE) upon Josie. As the illusionary tentacles wiggle out of her body, he says, "It will protect you. Go! Defend John and Whyne."

Grant then reaches out mentally to John, John, it's Grant. The tentacled thing is Josie coming to help.

Jack McDermott wrote:Jack keys his radio up quickly, "Boogie man coming in quick!"


The mage turns towards the sound of the explosions as he hears the urgency in Jack's message. The thumb on his right hand touches one of the rings on the same hand to focus his attention and he activates the talisman's ability to Fly as an Eagle (2 of 3 charges remaining). He wills himself upward at an angle towards the Dock so he can see the lay of the land. As he zooms over the top of the building he looks for the target that Jack is shooting at. If in range he casts Magic Net (7 PPE, Range 180'), otherwise moves closer.

Actions: 8
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 19
Melee Critical Strike on natural 18-20, or from behind

  1. Cast Armor Bizarre on Josie
  2. Tell Josie to defend John and Ms Whyne
  3. Tell John that Josie is coming to help
  4. React to Jack's message
  5. Activate Talisman (Fly as an Eagle)
  6. Fly Up (137' per action)
  7. Fly Towards Dock/Boogie Man (137' per action)
  8. Cast Magic Net at Jack's Boogie man


For Josie:

Code: Select all
[list][*]Armor Bizarre | BOM 104 | 13.5 min | 135 M.D.C. | -1 Init and HF 13 to enemies[/list]
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:03 pm

IC D20: 1d20 = 18
JIC D100: 1d100 = 93
Perception 37%: 1d100 = 55

Conditions:
  • Armor Bizarre | BOM 104 | 13.5 min | 135 M.D.C. | -1 Init and HF 13 to enemies


SHIT!

Peering through the mystic portal, as it's being erected. Her grip on her pistol tightens and she grits her teeth, watching the old fashioned stand off. Josie reacts to the Defender shifts and takes a swing at Ronith. Almost reacting by instincts, she raises her weapon and is about to act when she notices Grant and pauses for a moment. Allowing him to add some magical protection. Josie is almost taken back hershelf, as the tentacles start to manifest. She lunges through the portal just in time to hear Grant and respond to him.

Of course Ronith doesn't need my help. Do I look stupid? I may be the new one to the group but I'm not new to combat.

"Just watch my back, will ya'."

Josie lands on the other side of the portal begins to move towards the skirmish. She moves herself closer and to make a clean shot at the defender engaged with Whyn and Weiss.



Initiative: 1d20+3 = 21
Actions per Melee: 6

Action 1: Wait for Grant to Cast Armor Bizarre
Action 2: Run into the portal and then move if necessary to get a clean shot at the defender closest to Weiss and Whyne
Action 3: Attack defender near Weiss and Whyne with NE-6SL. Strike: 1d20+7 = 27 (Natural Crit), Damage: 3d6 = 9 18
Action 4: Attack defender near Weiss and Whyne with NE-6SL. Strike: 1d20+7 = 11, Damage: 3d6 = 10
Action 5: Attack defender near Weiss and Whyne with NE-6SL. Strike: 1d20+7 = 18, Damage: 3d6 = 11 or reserved for dodge 1d20+8 = 15
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+8 = 24

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+2 = 16, 1d20+2 = 22 (Natural Crit), 1d20+2 = 4, 1d20+2 = 22 (Natural Crit), 1d20+2 = 6, 1d20+2 = 8

Parries: 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 10
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:10 am

perception 50% 1d100 = 51
JIC 1d100 = 22 1d20 = 9

Combat conditions
OOC Comments
immune to energy; half damage from magic energy
Invulnerability
M.D.C.: 50
Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins
+10 vs magic, psionics, & horror factor


Underguard wrote:Weiss protectively closes the distance between Whyne and himself and then adds to Ronith's own comments; mentioning the Praetor himself. Weiss notices that this mention doesn't even turn their heads, as if the name or title was irrelevant to them. His attention on the Defender that is speaking, as he addresses him and watches the stoic defender to his right not move. The Defender takes another step towards Ronith, Weiss and Whyne. "Come quietly. This is not a request." He turns his head towards Weiss and adds. "I'm sure your friend, the Praetor, will be at the station waiting for you.".


Yeah, definitely not Defenders if mention of their boss gets not response.
"Friend, try your boss.." Weiss replies just as the explosions go off and deafen any further reply. Distracted for a second by the explosion, he is knocked to the ground and turns to see Whyne captured.

Too close to shoot it he laments as he picks himself up.

Grant Latham wrote:Grant then reaches out mentally to John, John, it's Grant. The tentacled thing is Josie coming to help.


Weiss draws his sword and sets at the creature holding Whyne with his sword, as he attempts to free her.

Considering the weird composition of these creatures, maybe magic will have an effect on it. With Josie shooting it, it may put some stress on its systems.

Combat rolls
OOC Comments
Initiative 1d20+1 = 19
Strike Bonus:+5
Parry Bonus: +8
Dodge Bonus: +8
W.P. Sword +2 to Strike, +1 to Parry

Attack 1 draw sword
Attack 2 Charge creature holding Whyne 1d20+7 = 15 3d6 = 8MD aiming for arm holding Whyne
Attack 3 1d20+7 = 12 3d6 = 8MD aiming for arm holding Whyne
Attack 4 1d20+7 = 14 3d6 = 5MD aiming for arm holding Whyne
Attack 5 1d20+7 = 11 3d6 = 8MD aiming for arm holding Whyne
Attack 6 1d20+7 = 15 3d6 = 12MD aiming for arm holding Whyne

Parry rolls
1d20+9 = 10
1d20+9 = 25
1d20+9 = 10
1d20+9 = 13
1d20+9 = 17
1d20+9 = 28

Contingency
If they breach the invulnerabilty spell, spend an action replenishing it from the talisman
If Whyne breaks free from them, cover her retreat.

Alternate attack - if their weight seems to be within 760lbs (weiss max weight limit) 1d20+5 = 21 to get it away from Whyne
Mechanical Engineer 54% 1d100 = 65

if an opportunity to pull Whyne free comes
Disarm attempt 1d20+2 = 18
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:04 am

Initiative: 1d20+19 = 22 (includes 6th sense/quick draw)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 15
PER: 1d100 = 86 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 8
Conditions
[*]Telepathy: Superior- R25, P. 83, 900ft. probe/1800ft. communication, 32.75m remaining.
[*]Extended presence sense- R25, P. 77, 105ft. radius, 32.75m remaining, 89% skill.
”No, I do not think I shall be doing that. Give me your names and badge numbers- we are not going anywhere until we hear from someone at the station.” Then all Hades breaks loose.

Fascinating. I am glad I brought the rest of the team along. While not surprised that his sixth sense was on-point, Ronith is nonetheless relieved that he is not, in fact, facing two of MercTown’s lawmen. Hearing the explosions outside, Ronith deduces that the others are engaging in some allies of the fraudulent Defenders before him. First things first. Put down this one, make sure Weiss and Whyne are alright, then withdraw back to the Haven. Trusting that Weiss and Whyne can keep the other ‘Defender’ off of them long enough for Ronith to rush to their aid, the cyber-knight wastes no time in trying to cut the fellow before him down.

Action 1: Paired sword strike- Frostfang is 1d20+17 = 29 to strike, 6d6+6 = 34 MD; Skyrender is 1d20+17 = 35 to strike, 6d6 = 23 MD.
Action 2: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 37 to strike, 6d6+6 = 28x2=56 MD.
Action 3: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 32 to strike, 6d6+6 = 26 MD.
Action 4: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 33 to strike, 6d6+6 = 23 MD.
Action 5: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 21 to strike, 6d6+6 = 28 MD.
Action 6: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 27 to strike, 6d6+6 = 24 MD.
Action 7: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 36 to strike, 6d6+6 = 24 MD.
Action 8: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 36 to strike, 6d6+6 = 30 MD.

*Damage rolls for Frostfang assume opponent is not supernatural or creature of magic.
**Apologies- I just realized I've been low-balling Ronith's damage. Please add +11 to all damage rolls, pursuant to this post.

Auto-parries for actions 2-8 (please add +22, includes 6th sense bonus): 7d20:
12, 17, 17, 1, 8, 19, 9

Contingency: Switch to auto-dodge if targeted by a ranged attack (please add +10 bonus, +16 if tech, +18 if AI/computer/robot/PA): 7d20:
3, 19, 18, 8, 20, 6, 18
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 29/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 64/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 3

Almost immediately after his comment about machines, Barracuda watches with surprise as the dockhand's face changes up due to an electrical arrow sending a shock to the his system. He looks down as something impacts his core. Oh fuck. T-100s! Barracuda tries to think quickly. Robots. Electricity. Got it! He fires off an EMP pulse in the 20 foot radius surrounding him to try to catch some of the dockhand's systems. After that, he'll focus on defensive and grappling maneuvers but with every parry or other contact, he attempts to draw energy from the dockhand's body. If he gets the dockhand to the ground, he'll try to absorb energy from it as well. Did Arnold run on a battery? Shit, I don't remember that part! "Dude, Sarah Conner's not here!" Was that funny? Why am I trying to be funny? This dude wants to kill me! I bet he doesn't even know Terminator...


Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17
APM: 7

Actions 1-2: Energy Expulsion: Electromagnetic Pulse in 20 foot radius. 1d100 = 25/97% success. Damage: Devices offline for (1d4*10)+45 = 55 minutes.
Note
The character is able to generate a pulse of powerful electromagnetic energy that can temporarily knockout electrical systems within the radius of attack, by touch or via a directed narrow beam (hits one specific item). Vulnerable electronics include clocks, burglar alarms, video monitoring systems, cameras, sensors, radar, motion detectors, electronic eyes, computers, cell phones, radios and televisions, compasses, GPS systems, generators, energy weapons and similar devices. Does not affect bionics, cybernetics, robots or power armor, though it may be able to knockout specific isolated sensors, radio communications, and energy weapons.

Action 3: Tripping Leg Hook @ Dockhand. Strike: 1d20+3 = 15
Action 4: Pin/Incapacitate @ Dockhand. Strike: 1d20+3 = 21
Action 5: Draining Touch to absorb as much energy as possible from Dockhand (up to 9 Gigawatts/90 e-Clips).
Actions 6-7: Reserved for Dodge.


Dodges: 1d20+6 = 26(NAT20!)1d20+6 = 141d20+6 = 131d20+6 = 13
Parries: 1d20+6 = 26(NAT20!)1d20+6 = 7(NAT1!)1d20+6 = 231d20+6 = 101d20+6 = 171d20+6 = 221d20+6 = 7(NAT1!)


Incorrect Rolls
Damage: 1d4+8 = 12(No Damage on a Leg Hook)
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Underguard » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:08 pm

Location: Dockside Outskirts of Merctown
Time: 20:45:45 ;; 15 Seconds have passed
Combat Round: 2
Ley Line Activity: Merctown Ley Line Nexus within 2 miles

Combat Round Posting Rules


Outside
Ashlynn, Grant, Barracuda, Jack, Beltin

Ashlynn's fears are realized as the supposed drunk before he reacts to her acknowledgement of a weapon by viciously slashing towards her. The vagabond is more than ready for the assault and parries the drunk's slashes with her energy shield, leveling her pistol at the drunk and firing a few blasts, missing the first couple. Beltin next to her side-steps and levels is psi-sword at the drunk as Grant flies up, forgoing stealth at this point and tracing the scene.

Grant is able to identify the combatant charging towards Jack and successfully entraps the dockhand in a magic net as Jack unleashes several arrows in rapid succession at his immediate threat. The dockhand seems stalled and at least two of Jack's arrows connect to the dockhand. Grant sees each arrow that connects cause a surge through the dockhand and for a brief second, Grant thinks he sees a silver mannequin-like body in place of the dockhand, though the image of the dockhand quickly returns as the being trapped under Grant's net. Grant sees the dockhand's right arm seem to mold into a large silver blade as it tries to break itself free.

Determined to prove that Judgement Day has indeed come to pass, Barracuda sends a solid EM pulse towards the Dockhand; who stays standing though appears visibly shaken. The image of the human dockhand holding a cigarette fades under the effects of the pulse as Barracuda sees a silver, faceless mannequin staring featurelessly in his direction, the image causing the involuntary straightening of his back as he sees the unsettling sight. Barracuda then closes the gap back and and gracefully moves around another swipe to sweep his leg behind the dockhand's leg, using his own weight and strength to flip the dockhand over his leg and pin him to the ground. Barracuda then presses his hand against the silver mannequins chest and begins to drain its energy. Within a few seconds, Barracuda feels the silver skin-like substance seem to melt and become a liquid-like gelatinous outline of a humanoid; Barracuda knows that whatever powered it wasn't purely based on electricity and it was one powerful power source. Looking back, Barracuda can spot the drunk that is currently attacking Ashlynn.

Ashlynn and Beltin level several strikes at the drunk to no avail, though Ashlynn able to expertly parry the incoming attacks effectively enough. From behind the drunk, towards the Kentucky Moonshine Co., Ashlynn sees a growing crowd and what looks like a squad of six Defenders approaching from the other side of the Drunk, coming from the Moonshine Co. with rifles up.

Dockside Map
H4HDocksideR2.jpg

Inside
Ronith, Weiss, Josie

Once Ronith identified the threat, the elf wastes no time in exerting his dominance over the false defender, his first two strikes each striking true. With his combined assault from Frostfang and Skyrender, Ronith is able to remove the large blade that he saw as molded from the Defenders arm. With the blade removed, Ronith sees a solid silver inlay in place where one would see blood, bones and metal. Immediately following up with a strike that Ronith parries, Ronith retaliates with a clean horizontal cut with Frostfang, the blade cleanly cutting through the head of the Defender allowing the helmet to roll off. Ronith notes one discerting thing at this point, the false defender doesn't fall with his head on the ground.

Instead it attacks at him again, the blade reforming where Ronith had cut it and after a brutal series of attacks that the elven cyber-knight is able to parry, a single piercing blade miraculously breaches his defense. The silver blade slips through his attacks and nearly knocks Skyrender out of his hand as he feels the piercing damage cut through his cyber-armor. Though he didn't receive the force of the strike, Ronith knows he probably doesn't want too.

Meanwhile, Josie, after receiving her bizarre armor from Grant, charges in looking rather horrific and not drawing the attention of either the headless defender nor the one grappled with Whyne. She takes her freedom of movement to circle around and level a perfect shot on the Defender grappling Whyne. Her NE-6SL fires and the round connects square with the back of the head of the Defender as Weiss closes in and is able to successfully use the Defender's weight against himself with Josie's perfect shot and remove Whyne from the Defenders grasp, stepping several feet back and slashing towards the false Defender's arms. Weiss feels an impact hefted against his Invulnerable Armor. Josie notices that the Defender hardly reacted to her precise shot and Weiss connects with one of his retreating strikes and he too sees the silver inlay versus the skin, blood and bone he was expecting from his strike. Josie opens up several more rounds on the Defender who seems to still be going after Whyne and relatively ignoring both Weiss and Josie.
Warehouse Map
H4HWarehouseMapR2.png


Underguards Bill of Damages
  1. Ronith -- -39 M.D.C. Cyber Armor ;;
  2. Weiss -- -13 Invulnerable Armor ;;
  3. Grant --
  4. Beltin --
  5. Barracuda --
  6. Ashlynn --
  7. Jack --
  8. Josie --


Combat Posts intentions
Image
AA Professional Services GM || Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) || EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:35 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 17 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 31

Ashlynn uses her expanded senses to keep tabs on the shifting conditions of battle, using her radar and heightened hearing to let her know if additional combatants are approaching.

Radar
Range: 400'
Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 45 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Distance 92% 1d100 = 33 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Direction 92% 1d100 = 88 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Speed 72% 1d100 = 43 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100 = 59 (SUCCESS)


Heightened Hearing
Range: 360'
Estimate Distance of Sound 70% 1d100 = 74 (FAIL)
Estimate Speed and Direction of Approach 60% 1d100 = 62 (FAIL)


In the meantime, she continues to focus on eliminating the so-called 'drunk', targetting him with her NG-45LP Long Pistol and parrying his attacks with her energy shield. Seeing the defenders arrive, she shouts "We're the Heroes for Hire! These guys attacked us!" in an attempt to clue the defenders in. Hopefully at least one of these guys recognizes me from when I blew up the HQ. Or Beltin... from literally any time.

Invoke Trust: 40% 1d100 = 2 (CRIT. SUCCESS!)

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 13

APM: 8

Action 1: Shoot Drunk 1d20+4 = 22; Damage 5d6 = 19 "We're the Heroes for Hire!"
Action 2: Shoot Drunk 1d20+4 = 13; Damage 5d6 = 11 "These guys attacked us!"
Action 3: Shoot Drunk 1d20+4 = 21; Damage 5d6 = 14
Action 4: Shoot Drunk 1d20+4 = 6; Damage 5d6 = 18
Action 5: Shoot Drunk 1d20+4 = 23; Damage 5d6 = 13
Action 6: Shoot Drunk 1d20+4 = 14; Damage 5d6 = 16
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge (if parries and autododge fail) 1d20+9 = 22
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge (if parries and autododge fail) 1d20+9 = 20

If at any point she is disarmed she will use her remaining actions to drww her Laser Sword and engage in melee.

Action X: Draw Laser Sword
Action X+1: Strike with Laser Sword 1d20+7 = 13; Damage 5d6 = 13
Action X+2: Strike with Laser Sword 1d20+7 = 12; Damage 5d6 = 20
Action X+3: Strike with Laser Sword 1d20+7 = 16; Damage 5d6 = 20
Action X+4: Strike with Laser Sword 1d20+7 = 19; Damage 5d6 = 25

In either case Ashlynn continues to parry using her Energy shield, using her autododge and regular dodge (if necessary) to avoid taking damage as much as possible.

Parries (With Energy Shield, if necessary): 1) 1d20+13 = 17; 2) 1d20+13 = 29; 3) 1d20+13 = 23; 4) 1d20+13 = 15; 5) 1d20+13 = 30; 6) 1d20+13 = 16; 7) 1d20+13 = 17; 8 ) 1d20+13 = 17

Auto-Dodge: 1) 1d20+3 = 10; 2) 1d20+3 = 7; 3) 1d20+3 = 22; 4) 1d20+3 = 11; 5) 1d20+3 = 18; 6) 1d20+3 = 10; 7) 1d20+3 = 19; 8 ) 1d20+3 = 22
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:29 am

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 83
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 70

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 581/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 13.00 min | 90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magic cold, fire, and lightning.
  • Carpet of Adhesion | BOM 99 | 33.75 MIN | Range: 90' | 10' X 20' area | House Rule
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 149.75 min | 2 of 3 charges remaining | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge,+2 Damage from Diving Attack
  • Magic Net | BOM 101 | 5.50 min | 180' | 5' radius | Dodge 16 or higher | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 55.00 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 13.00 min | Two way portal through 72' of material, or 1 way portal with exit up to 900' away.
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 4.00 min | See license plate/fact up to 2 miles away.
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | 23.00 min | Surface Thoughts 90' 2-Way telepathic conversation 470'


Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 73 | Do the Defenders look they've come to help us or the bad guys?
Anthropology 49% vs 1d100 = 92 | Do the Defenders exhibit the same mannerisms as the bad guys?


Silver Putty wrote:Grant is able to identify the combatant charging towards Jack and successfully entraps the dockhand in a magic net as Jack unleashes several arrows in rapid succession at his immediate threat. The dockhand seems stalled and at least two of Jack's arrows connect to the dockhand. Grant sees each arrow that connects cause a surge through the dockhand and for a brief second, Grant thinks he sees a silver mannequin-like body in place of the dockhand, though the image of the dockhand quickly returns as the being trapped under Grant's net. Grant sees the dockhand's right arm seem to mold into a large silver blade as it tries to break itself free.



"Yes!" Grant exclaims as the net enfolds the dockhand. He spends a moment checking to see that the dockhand is truly restrained. An illusion? Grant considers as the image of the dockhand waivers, but then an arm morphs into a blade. A metamorph! But not like Whynne, this is some sort of metallic d-bee. He drops down to when he is within 80' of the metallic thing he's captured. When in range, he weaves another quick enchantment, Carpet of Adhesion (10 PPE, Range 90', 33.75, minHouse Rule) and places it directly beneath the being. Over the radio, he says, "The one after Jack should be adequately restrained."

His attention turns to the battle near Ashlynn, Beltin, and Barracuda. Too close together for me to try the same trick, he sees Ashlynn's head flick further south, his gaze follows and he sees the Defenders rushing towards them, he uses his magical vision to check them out to see if they have any of the same mechanical traits that the ones they are currently fighting have demonstrated.

  • Contingency 1: If the Defenders behave like bad guys, he flies towards them. He reaches out telepathically to Sir Ronith's mind and says, Six more who look like Defenders approaching Beltin's position.
  • Contingency 2: If the Defenders behave like good guys, and knowing that he won't be able to reach John telepathically at this distance, he reaches out for Sir Ronith's mind. Sir Ronith, do you help? If Sir Ronith answers 'no', Grant flies towards the rest of his team outside. If the answer is 'yes,' the mage flies back towards his mystic portal.

APM: 8
initiative: 1d20+6 = 12
  1. Check that he's captured the dockhand
  2. Move towards dockhand in magic net (up to 137')
  3. Cast Carpet of Adhesion on dock hand in magic net
  4. Look towards the rest of his team to see how they are doing. Use Radio
  5. Examine the Defenders
  6. Attempt to contact Sir Ronith telepathically.
  7. Fly towards Beltin's team or back to Sir Ronith (137')
  8. Fly towards Beltin's team or back to Sir Ronith (137')
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:57 am

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 62
PER: 1d100 = 10 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 8
Conditions
[*]Telepathy: Superior- R25, P. 83, 900ft. probe/1800ft. communication, 32.5m remaining.
[*]Extended presence sense- R25, P. 77, 105ft. radius, 32.5m remaining, 89% skill.

Lore: Demon and Monster- 1d100 = 98 vs. 101%
To try and figure out what these things are/what vulnerabilities they might have.

Ronith is absently aware of Josie joining the fight inside of the warehouse, and immediately feels better about their chances. Between her, Whyne, and Weiss the three of them should be able to prevent the other... whatever it is from doing too much damage. That just means Ronith has to do his part. He will continue to press the attack on his foe, fighting defensively for now. I wonder how many of these accursed things are outside. Upon receiving Grant's telepathic message that real-looking Defenders are approaching, Ronith breathes a sigh of relief and focuses on taking his opponent down.

Action 1: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 23 to strike, 6d6+6 = 25 MD.
Action 2: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 26 to strike, 6d6+6 = 29 MD.
Action 3: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 22 to strike, 6d6+6 = 32 MD.
Action 4: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 22 to strike, 6d6+6 = 20 MD.
Action 5: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 34 to strike, 6d6+6 = 31 MD.
Action 6: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 25 to strike, 6d6+6 = 29 MD.
Action 7: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 23 to strike, 6d6+6 = 26 MD.
Action 8: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 28 to strike, 6d6+6 = 34 MD.

Auto-parries (please add +20): 8d20:
9, 9, 15, 3, 2, 19, 7, 10

Auto-dodges if applicable (please add +10, +16 if tech, +18 if AI/computer/robot/PA): 8d20:
9, 11, 4, 12, 20, 16, 16, 5


Contingency: If Ronith's cyber-armor is destroyed, sacrifice one action to use his armor of ithan talisman ((-1 charge))
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 29/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:03 am

Perception 50% 1d100 = 47
JIC 1d100 = 54 1d20 = 20

combat conditions
OOC Comments
immune to energy; half damage from magic energy
Invulnerability
M.D.C.: 50
Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins
+10 vs magic, psionics, & horror factor
Immune to horror factor from robots and power armour


Underguard wrote:Weiss connects with one of his retreating strikes and he too sees the silver inlay versus the skin, blood and bone he was expecting from his strike.


Definitely not human then. Guessing these are the friends Whyne mentioned were after her. he notes as he feels the impact from being struck by the bladed arm.

Underguard wrote:Defender who seems to still be going after Whyne and relatively ignoring both Weiss and Josie.


"Keep on him," he shouts to Josie as Weiss switches his sword to his other hand and draws his pistol.

"Whyne, let's move." he shouts behind him as he moves to keep the faux Defender in front of him and opens fire with his pistol. He had no illusion of destroying it, but was trying to give it incentive to keep its distance.

OOC Comments
Initiative 1d20+1 = 18
Strike Bonus:+5
Parry Bonus: +8
Dodge Bonus: +8
W.P. Sword +2 to Strike, +1 to Parry
WP Paired Weapons
W.P. Energy Pistol +2 to Strike

Attack 1 - switch sword to left hand and draw pistol

If the Defender keeps its distance, he will shoot it

Attack 2 1d20+2 = 8 5d6 = 16
Attack 3 1d20+2 = 21 5d6 = 16
Attack 4 1d20+2 = 15 5d6 = 18
Attack 5 1d20+2 = 18 5d6 = 17
Attack 6 1d20+2 = 21 5d6 = 19

If it gets close, he will use the sword to get it to back off

Attack 2 1d20+7 = 20 3d6 = 14
Attack 3 1d20+7 = 21 3d6 = 16
Attack 4 1d20+7 = 27 3d6 = 12 critical x2 24 MD
Attack 5 1d20+7 = 16 3d6 = 11
Attack 6 1d20+7 = 21 3d6 = 9

parry

1d20+9 = 16
1d20+9 = 16
1d20+9 = 24
1d20+9 = 15
1d20+9 = 21
1d20+9 = 26

If the opportunity presents itself, Weiss will get Whyne out of the warehouse and run towards Ronith's hoverbike

contingency
If they breach the invulnerabilty spell, spend an action replenishing it from the talisman
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 34 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 15

Intentions

When Jack see the goon go down under Grant's magic net he sighs, Well Thank You Grant! Jack looks down and sees the things arm turn to a blade and start to cut at the net. It really is Judgement day. What the hell? Jack turns to see what the situation looks like with Ashlynn, Barracuda and Beltin. Turning in time to see the one assailant melt he wonders, how the hell did he do that? he looks to Ashlyn and quickly realizes that the guy close to her is way too close for him to be shooting from this distance. Well dammit, if the battle is gonna turn close combat I need to get my butt down there and lend a hand. I'm doing nobody any good sittin here watchin.

With that final thought Jack looks to make his way down from his perch as quickly as possible. He keys up his microphone to let the group know, "Making my way to Ash! Advise if you have different needs."

Taking care not fall but trying to move with a sense of urgency Jack makes his way. A pair of wings would be good now. Maybe some of that magic flying power. Hell a rope and descender to zip down. Nope, nothing. My clunky butt climbing. Hand over hand. Sucks. This really sucks.

Jack reaches down as he hopes of a handrail transitioning to the next level and slips. He manages to grab the handrail right before losing his complete balance, Great Jack, Fall and die. That would look great. Big hero goes splat. Just great. Jack takes a moment to look ahead of him and figure out the fastest way that won't create too much difficulty climbing.

Once Jack hits the ground he immediately looks to identify his position with regards to the rest of the team. He looks around to see if anyone or anything is closing in on him.

Skills
Climbing/Rappelling 70/60% vs 1d100 = 56 - Climb down the power plant.
Land Navigation 64% vs 1d100 = 15 - Look for the fastest/safest way down.

Actions

Initiative roll: 1d20 = 17 +1
Number of Attacks: 6 (haven't completed level up on character sheet but receives a +1 at new level)
Actions 1-6: Climb down the power plant, curse a lot. Try to make it down to the ground and closer to the action.


*Strike Bonus w/Bow- +5 Strike, +2 Targeting, +2 Archery and +2 from Bow - Total +11
*Strike Bonus w/Bow- +5 Strike, +2 WP Sword - Total +7

Contingency

Should someone or something attack Jack on his climb/decent down the power plant he will stop, draw his vibro sword and attack the individual while parrying as appropriate. If Jack draws long range fire during his climb down he will duck/hide and find cover.

Contingency Strike Rolls +7
Action 1 - 1d20 = 20
Action 2 - 1d20 = 14
Action 3 - 1d20 = 12
Action 4 - 1d20 = 9
Action 5 - 1d20 = 2
Action 6 - 1d20 = 8

Contingency Parry Rolls +8 to parry (+9 if using bow)
Action 1 - 1d20 = 15
Action 2 - 1d20 = 12
Action 3 - 1d20 = 2
Action 4 - 1d20 = 15
Action 5 - 1d20 = 15
Action 6 - 1d20 = 6
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 pm

JIC D20: 1d20 = 17
JIC D100: 1d100 = 41
Perception 37%: 1d100 = 63

Conditions:
  • Armor Bizarre | BOM 104 | 13.25 min | 135 M.D.C. | -1 Init and HF 13 to enemies

Josie watches as she scores a direct hit and is surprised by the lack of reflexes from the shot.

Who the hell is this? Doesn't reach to clean shot? Gotta keep pressing

"Take this suck'a!"

Josie says out loud but mostly to herself. Watching the faux defender continue his assault at Whyne, before she takes aim shot. She then continues to fire ate the faux defend attacking Whyne. If the target falls before out of actions, Josie will switch targets and attack the faux defend attacking Ronith.


Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4
Actions per Melee: 6

Action 1 and 2: Aimed Attack defender near Weiss and Whyne in the head with NE-6SL. Strike: 1d20+10 = 20, Damage: 3d6 = 12
Action 3: Attack defender near Weiss and Whyne with NE-6SL. Strike: 1d20+7 = 20, Damage: 3d6 = 6
Action 4: Attack defender near Weiss and Whyne with NE-6SL. Strike: 1d20+7 = 14, Damage: 3d6 = 4
Action 5: Attack defender near Weiss and Whyne with NE-6SL. Strike: 1d20+7 = 24, Damage: 3d6 = 7 or reserved for dodge 1d20+8 = 25
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+8 = 13

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+2 = 18, 1d20+2 = 19, 1d20+2 = 12, 1d20+2 = 9, 1d20+2 = 22 (Natural 20), 1d20+2 = 18

Parries: 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 18, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 21
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 94

"Ahh! T-1000s!" Barracuda leaps up out of the melted puddle he created and rushes toward Ashlynn, but more importantly the gathering crowd. "Get out of here! It's not safe!" he yells, making sure the noise reaches the ears of the gathering crowd using his power over sound. He takes a split second to think about what just happened with the dockhand. Whoa, that was a lot of energy to absorb. I hope I've got enough room for this one! What is it? Barracuda positions himself between the crowd and the drunk, making sure they can't be injured by whatever this thing is while he tries to shut it down.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 21
APM: 7

Action 1: Run to Ashlynn/yell at crowd.
Action 2: Get to other side of Drunk.
Actions 3-4: Energy Expulsion: Electromagnetic Pulse @ Drunk. Strike: 1d20 = 1
Action 5: Draining touch @ Drunk. Strike: 1d20+3 = 7
Action 6: Draining touch @ Drunk. Strike: 1d20+3 = 5
Action 7: Draining touch @ Drunk. Strike: 1d20+3 = 9

Parries: 1d20+6 = 201d20+6 = 141d20+6 = 261d20+6 = 131d20+6 = 171d20+6 = 261d20+6 = 25
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Underguard » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:28 pm

Combat Conditions wrote:Location: Dockside Outskirts of Merctown
Time: 20:45:45 ;; 15 Seconds have passed
Combat Round: 2
Ley Line Activity: Merctown Ley Line Nexus within 2 miles

Combat Round Posting Rules


Outside
Barracuda, Jack, Ashlynn, Grant, Beltin

Barracuda can't help but feel like he is trapped in the past cinema as he shouts out "Ahh! T-1000s!" as the one before him seemingly dissolves into a grainy gelatinous clump that doesn't even resemble a persona anymore. He takes off towards Ashlynn, shouting past her towards the crowd "Get out of here! It's not safe!" and not seeing yet seeing the Defenders approaching from his left. Jack spots Barracuda sprint towards Ashlynn from afar as he begins his descent from the Power Plant's towers. The scout's eyes are sharp and he spots a near fireman-type pole that lets him freeslide to the roof, then doing another controlled drop down another 20 feet to the ground floor, now ground level.

Ashlynn, at spotting the Defenders immediately calls out and uses the Heroes names to garner support and much to her relief, the Defenders sprung into action as she shoots at the drunk. Beltin, Ashlynn and Barracuda are all close enough to hear the lead Defender begin barking orders, in the true squad leader way. "You four, contain the crowd immediately! Your with me, let's restrain that combatant, we need answers!". Grant immediately identifies the Defenders as friendly and links telepathically to Ronith to see if he requires aid.

Barracuda is able to arrive and quickly circle around the drunk in another attempt at an electromagnetic pulse with a undesirable effect. He successfully sends his wave out towards the drunk who is completely unaffected this round. As his pulse finishes and Ashlynn fires another shot, they both watch as the drunk is tackled by two Defenders who completely pin the drunk to the ground. Taking his chance, Barracuda attempts a draining punch, and as his hand connects he notices that his drain had no effect. During the struggle with the Defenders, he is forced to back away. As Jack surveys the scene down by the Moonshine Co, he doesn't see anything of immediate note worthy enough to let loose an arrow, it looks like the two Defenders have the other one that was on Ashlynn.

Ashlynn and Barracuda watch as the Defenders stand the drunk up, who has suddenly become almost docile, though Ashlynn isn't fooled as she pings the same shape forming towards one of the Defenders helmets, only to bounce off followed by a heavy barrel strike to the back of the head from the second Defender which forces the drunk to the ground. "Identification. Now." The defender commands of the drunk who is staggered on the floor. In the blink of an eye, the drunk sprints at inhuman speeds and darts into the crowd. "After him!" The Defender shouts and begins to run before turning back and looking at Ashlynn, Beltin and Barracuda. "Abrams! Go with these guys. Radio. Me. If you encounter trouble." The defender orders before charging after the drunk.

Ashlynn, Beltin and Barracuda are approached by a larger Defender (stands nearly 6'8" in the armor) who addresses Beltin initially, though his question is directed at the trio. "Are there more combatants?" The trio is suddenly reminded of the warehouse and whatever Ronith and Weiss are enduring. Jack and Grant see the trio with the new Defender who looks and walks real, and they both almost instinctively look to where the dockhand that charged Jack was netted. The dockhand is no longer at the base of the powerplant secured by Grants net and is instead gone, safety in numbers, perhaps.

Dockside Map
H4HDocksideR3.png


Inside
Weiss, Ronith, Josie

Ronith notes that he has never seen these creatures before, nor heard of anything like them; the substance they seem to be made of is grainy and gel-like, and it seems to be adaptable. Weiss moves himself between Whyne and the false defender, parrying an incoming attack but feeling a powerful slash carve through his invulnerability spell which remains strong. Josie lines up a precise shot on the false defender as the crack from her magnum echoes as it pelts the Defender who remains relatively unphased. The false defender lashes out at Josie who valiantly tries to dodge and is able to near gracefully move around the swipes until one hit true and bounced off her bizarre armor.

Ronith is making short work of his Defender, noticeably damaging parts of its body though not in any way slowing down its assault. Ronith is expertly able to parry most of the faux defenders attacks, with only a couple breaching his defenses. He hears a mental message from Grant. Sir Ronith, do you help?. Ronith is able to take stock for a moment and notes that Weiss and Josie are having trouble with the second defender who is constantly trying to push towards Whyne.

Weiss then feels an ice cold sensation run through his body as the Defender grips his and throws him towards the other side of the room, looking at Whyne and ignoring Josies' fire; the faux defenders grip was ice cold. The faux defender launches a net from its arm that pins Whyne to the wall, causing her to release a surprised grunt as she impacts the wall.

Warehouse Map
H4HWarehouseMapR3.png

Underguard's Bill
  1. Ronith -- -19 (-58 Culm.) M.D.C. Cyber Armor ;;
  2. Weiss -- -22 (-35 Culm) M.D.C. Invulnerable Armor ;;
  3. Grant --
  4. Beltin --
  5. Barracuda --
  6. Ashlynn --
  7. Jack --
  8. Josie ---33 Armor Bizarre
Image
AA Professional Services GM || Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) || EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 am

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 79
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 90

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 581/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 12.75 min | 90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magic cold, fire, and lightning.
  • Energy Field | BOM 101 | 180' | 13.5 min | 60 M.D.C. Up to a 4' radius
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 149.50 min | 2 of 3 charges remaining | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge,+2 Damage from Diving Attack
  • Magic Net | BOM 101 | 5.25 min | 180' | 5' radius | Dodge 16 or higher | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.
  • Multiple Images | BOM 102 | Self | 13.5 min | -4 to save, 3 identical images, +2 Init, +2 dodge, +1 Strike. Iron will dispel image.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 54.75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 12.75 min | Two way portal through 72' of material, or 1 way portal with exit up to 900' away.
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 3.75 min | See license plate/fact up to 2 miles away.
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | 22.75 min | Surface Thoughts 90' 2-Way telepathic conversation 470'


Grant is unsure as to whether or not what they are fighting are living beings or not. The commotion of the defenders was apparently enough for Grant to lose focus on the thing he'd captured in the net. Where did it go? I would have seen him dart towards his companions. It may have circled back behind me.

Grant clicks on his radio as he spins in the air and dives back towards the location of his Mystic Portal. "The one I captured has escaped, I am going to back up Sir Ronith's team to see if it went there."

As he flies down, he casts Multiple Image (7 P.P.E., Save vs Magic 15, -4 to save, 3 identical images, +2 Init, +2 dodge, +1 Strike. Iron will dispel image) upon himself. Three copies appear and fly along side him. He moves without hesitation through the portal into the building.

Knowing that little can stand before Sir Ronith's blade, Grant focuses on the Faux Defender on Whyne. Like a verbal machine gun he speaks words of power. He casts Energy Field as a bubble (10 P.P.E. 60 M.D.C. )but not to protect Whyne, but to capture the thing attacking her. The mage then casts Armor Bizarre (15 P.P.E. 135 M.D.C.) on Whyne herself. He finally casts Charm (7 P.P.E. Save vs Magic 15) on the Faux Defender

Charm Note
The charm if successful, probably won't change the Faux Defender's actions until next round when Grant can speak to it.


APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 23 (Includes bonus from Multiple Image)

  1. Look for missing dockhand
  2. Radio team
  3. Fly back to Mystic Portal
  4. Fly back to Mystic Portal, cast Multiple Images
  5. Enter Portal
  6. Cast Energy Field Bubble on Faux Defender attacking Whyne
  7. Cast Armor Bizarre on Whyne
  8. Cast Charm on Faux Defender in Energy Field
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79
JIC: 1d20 = 10 and 1d100 = 57

Intentions

Jack looks around as he hits the pavement to see if there is anything dangerous around. he notices the dockhand that grant netted is gone. His face turns a bit pale under his buff. Great, loose freak running around. Jack heads to the group out side the warehouse, walking, paying attention to all around him as he moves as he doesn't want to get caught out in the open. What the hell are these things?

Jack see the defenders in the group and lets out a small sigh, Well looks like backup is here. Scared the freaks off anyway. Feeling semi relieved that the situation has devolved a bit he continues over keeping an eye out.

When Jack gets over tot he group he sees the pile of goo lying on the ground near Baracuda and says, "How can you do a thing like that at a time like this," and shake his head as he pulls a small sack out of his backpack. Opening the sack he kneels next tot he goo and scoops some up into the sack. "I'm sure somebody can test this stuff, see what the heck it is? Or was? I hope isn't still."

Looking around Jack finally notices Weiss and Ronith are still in the warehouse, "Guys, comms have been kind of frakked for me. Have any of you heard from Ronith? Does he need help?" Suddenly Jack realizes he may have prematurely judged situation as over and thoughts of worry wash over him again.

Skills
Detect Ambush 55% vs 1d100 = 72 - Look for assailants while walking to the group.
Detect Concealment 50% vs 1d100 = 62 - Looks for anything the dockhands might have dropped or left behind while walking to the group.

Actions

Initiative roll: 1d20 = 8 +1
Number of Attacks: 6 (haven't completed level up on character sheet but receives a +1 at new level)
Action 1: Walk to group looking for anything dropped or left behind
Action 2: Continue to walk to group keeping an eye out for bad dudes ready to pounce
Action 3: Continue to walk to group keeping an eye out for bad dudes ready to pounce
Action 4: Joke with Baracuda and take out a sack
Action 5: Kneel over and collect a sample of the gooey residue in the sack
Action 6: Look around and ask about Ronith

*Strike Bonus - +5 Strike, +2 Targeting, +2 Archery and +2 from Bow - Total +11

Contingency

Should anyone jump out at Jack he will parry their attacks as appropriate

Contingency Parry Rolls
Action 1 - 1d20 = 3
Action 2 - 1d20 = 15
Action 3 - 1d20 = 1
Action 4 - 1d20 = 14
Action 5 - 1d20 = 12
Action 6 - 1d20 = 2
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Perception 50% 1d100 = 38
JIC 1d100 = 34 1d20 = 15

Weiss does not stop to take a breath as he picks himself up off the floor to get straight back into the fray

"Josie get inbetween it and Whyne, take out its feet, slow it down."

He wants to be the one who can save Whyne, keep her safe so that he can find Jaz; his heart aches for it, but his brain is smart enough and tactical enough that he does not have the ability to take this thing down. He activates another charge of the invulnerability token as he charges into the rear of the one Ronith is fighting.

"Stop the other one," he shouts to Ronith, "I'll keep this one occupied."

OOC Comments
Initiative 1d20+1 = 18
Strike Bonus:+5
Parry Bonus: +8
Dodge Bonus: +8
W.P. Sword +2 to Strike, +1 to Parry
WP Paired Weapons
W.P. Energy Pistol +2 to Strike
critical 1

attack 1 charge other defender with Ronith
attack 2 strike with magic sword 1d20+7 = 26 3d6 = 8
attack 3 strike with magic sword 1d20+7 = 19 3d6 = 9
4 strike with sword 1d20+7 = 20 3d6 = 8
5 strike with sword 1d20+7 = 24 3d6 = 6
6 strike with sword 1d20+7 = 15 3d6 = 5

Parry
1d20+9 = 24
1d20+9 = 26
1d20+9 = 25
1d20+9 = 21
1d20+9 = 15
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:04 am

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 16
PER: 1d100 = 44 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 8
Conditions
[*]Telepathy: Superior- R25, P. 83, 900ft. probe/1800ft. communication, 32.25m remaining.
[*]Extended presence sense- R25, P. 77, 105ft. radius, 32.25m remaining, 89% skill.


While less-than-enthusiastic about the damage his cyber-armor is sustaining, to say nothing of his foe’s unknown and clearly alien nature, Ronith remains filled with confidence as he duels his foe. At Grant’s telepathic message, Ronith replies I am fine. Help the others. To himself, Ronith adds Clearly, this foe is not to be underestimated. I need to dispatch him now before Weiss and Josie are overwhelmed. Weiss’ own comment is met with a grim nod- Ronith is concerned for his two teammates present, but knows that the best way he can help is by putting a swift end to his opponent. Gritting his teeth, Ronith presses the attack.

Action 1: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 23 to strike, 6d6+6 = 33 MD.
Action 2: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 37 to strike, 6d6+6 = 39 x2 = 78 MD.
Action 3: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 33 to strike, 6d6+6 = 25 MD.
Action 4: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 35 to strike, 6d6+6 = 30 MD.
Action 5: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 31 to strike, 6d6+6 = 30 MD.
Action 6: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 35 to strike, 6d6+6 = 30 MD.
Action 7: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 31 to strike, 6d6+6 = 28 MD.
Action 8: Strike with Frostfang- 1d20+17 = 19 to strike, 6d6+6 = 22 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+20 = 36, 1d20+20 = 30, 1d20+20 = 31, 1d20+20 = 35, 1d20+20 = 36, 1d20+20 = 28, 1d20+20 = 36, 1d20+20 = 38
Auto-dodges if applicable (please add +6 if tech, +8 if AI/computer/robot/PA): 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 24, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 16

Contingency: If Ronith's cyber-armor is destroyed, sacrifice one action to use his armor of ithan talisman ((-1 charge))
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 29/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:52 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 20 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 12
1d100 = 38

Abrams wrote:"Are there more combatants?"


This... can't have been a coincidence... this was... a DISTRACTION! Ashlynn points at the warehouse. "Inside!" Although torn between bounce-racing after the fleeing 'drunk' and taking the fight inside the warehouse, she reasons that the defenders can put out a call and radio for reinforcements, and hopefully catch the one currently running, so she pivots and sprints toward the warehouse door, energy shield still active on her arm.

When Ash reaches the warehouse door she halts, easing the door open and taking a peek inside, to avoid charging into a potentially deadly situation. Once the door is open, she examines the room with all the senses at her disposal to identify hostiles and read the situation inside. Assuming she sees the faux-defenders and recognizes them for what they are, or sees that Ronith and Weiss are concentrating fire on them, she springs to attack, reasoning that Ronith, of all people, would not attack a 'good guy'. She'll focus her fire on Weiss and Whyne's opponent. Gotta assume Ronith has his tied down. She calls out to Abrams, "These ain't real Defenders!" ...I hope!

Radar
Range: 400'
Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 71 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Distance 92% 1d100 = 61 (SUCCESS
Estimate Direction 92% 1d100 = 55 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Speed 72% 1d100 = 1 (CRIT. SUCCESS)
Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100 = 62 (SUCCESS)


Heightened Hearing
Range: 360'
Estimate Distance of Sound 70% 1d100 = 76 (FAIL)
Estimate Speed and Direction of Approach 60% 1d100 = 83 (FAIL)


Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 13 (SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 68% 1d100 = 47 (FAIL)

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 13

APM: 8

Action 1: bounce/run to warehouse
Action 2: open door, 'read the room' with radar, hearing, and skills
Action 3: Shoot Fake Defender 1d20+4 = 12; Damage 5d6 = 19; "These ain't real Defenders!"
Action 4: Shoot Fake Defender 1d20+4 = 14; Damage 5d6 = 20
Action 5: Shoot Fake Defender 1d20+4 = 18; Damage 5d6 = 15
Action 6: Shoot Fake Defender 1d20+4 = 19; Damage 5d6 = 14
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge (if parries and autododge fail) 1d20+9 = 24
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge (if parries and autododge fail) 1d20+9 = 19

Parries (With Energy Shield, if necessary): 1) 1d20+13 = 22; 2) 1d20+13 = 19; 3) 1d20+13 = 30; 4) 1d20+13 = 24; 5) 1d20+13 = 16; 6) 1d20+13 = 18; 7) 1d20+13 = 26; 8 ) 1d20+13 = 20

Auto-Dodge: 1) 1d20+3 = 19; 2) 1d20+3 = 8; 3) 1d20+3 = 17; 4) 1d20+3 = 12; 5) 1d20+3 = 5; 6) 1d20+3 = 22; 7) 1d20+3 = 18; 8 ) 1d20+3 = 23
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:28 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 22/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 3| 1d100 = 47%
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 20
APM: 8
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Radiate their Nature [tense]
  • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magical Energy. 1d100 = 8 | 90%. Range: 900/1900 ft.
Stats
  • T-21 M.D.C.:
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Rear Jet Pack (1): 50/50
    • Chest Headlight (1): 2/2
    • *Head: 60/60
    • Main Body: 170/170
      *Requires a called shot at -3 to strike
  • I.S.P.: 236/298
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Psychic Body Field. 17.50 min. 90/90 MDC.
  • Psi-Sword. 89.50 min. [dice](10d6)*2+1d6[/dice] MD.

From behind the helmed faceplate, Beltin can't help but wonder if his senses have been dulled by the power armor. As if watching a surreal scene through another's eyes, he watched as shapeshifting "T-1000s" as Barracuda seemed to recognize, managed to infiltrate and disrupt their meeting with Whyne. Not having heard anything on the comms from Sir Ronith or anyone inside, Beltin assumes that either everything is under control or that they are being jammed somehow. Even if it is the latter, Sir Ronith will undoubtedly be more than a match for whatever ambush was set. The young investigator assures himself as he turns his attention to what is directly in front of him.

The fleeing drunk concerns Beltin. Given the polymorphic nature of their enemy and apparent resistance to conventional and unconventional weaponry alike, the young investigator knows that he has only moments before he will lose the ability to identify the assailant within the mass of the crowd.

Skill rolls
  • Surveillance/Tailing. 1d100 = 58 | 67% <== follow drunk through the crowd
  • Sensory Equipment. 1d100 = 18 | 57% <== toggle alternative imaging overlay with visual display on HUD
  • Astrophysics. 1d100 = 31 | 47% <== if there is a unique signature (thermal, IR, UV), what might that mean about the nature of this enemy
  • Land Navigation. 1d100 = 42 | 84% <== find high ground to continue observation of drunk as he tries to blend into crowd
  • Pilot Robots & Power Armor. 1d100 = 54 | 67% <== thruster fire maneuver, stick landing on building with vantage and/or power jumping as necessary


"Toggle overlay active visual with: thermal, infrared, then ultra-violet imaging." Beltin commands the power armor, asking it to provide him information from heat, then infrared, then UV imaging overlaid with the current visible light-based display. He hopes that there will be some characteristic about the drunk that looks distinctly out-of-the-ordinary as compared to the 'regular' crowd in MercTown. For example, a 'normal' individual generates heat from their core and their extremities show a weaker signature. Instead, perhaps these enemies maintain their shapeshifting ruse through either an unchanging thermal core, or perhaps a heat signature that uniformly extends to the extremities. Likewise, Beltin will be looking for identifying markers in the infrared or ultra-violet range of light ((so if their shapeshifting is limited to the visible light range, their true-self may be more obviously seen outside the visible light wavelength)).

Underguard wrote:Ashlynn, Beltin and Barracuda are approached by a larger Defender (stands nearly 6'8" in the armor) who addresses Beltin initially, though his question is directed at the trio. "Are there more combatants?"


"Pardon me." Beltin manages before firing his thrusters in pursuit. Whether he was inadvertently rude to the larger Defender or not, the young investigator seeks a better vantage point and doesn't want to lose sight of the drunk before he figures out how to track or identify this type of shapeshifting enemy in the future. He spends all his efforts toward this deduction, managing only defensive actions if he is attacked.

===================
Actions 1-8: Maneuver to maintain pursuit of drunk (parry/dodge as necessary).

Parries (+13 not included): 8d20:
7, 17, 10, 5, 8, 5, 19, 8

Dodges (+12 not included): 8d20:
1, 15, 19, 4, 13, 9, 1, 2
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 58

Jack McDermott wrote:When Jack gets over tot he group he sees the pile of goo lying on the ground near Baracuda and says, "How can you do a thing like that at a time like this," and shake his head as he pulls a small sack out of his backpack. Opening the sack he kneels next tot he goo and scoops some up into the sack.


Damn, he got me good. Focus dude! ”Groossssssss!” Barracuda aims his exclamation toward Handsome Jack's ears as he's running toward the warehouse containing Ronith and Co. He reviews the battle with Mega KillRocket Superstar as he tries to keep up. ”I tackled the first one and I drained whatever battery he was running on. Then he turned into that pile of goo! I think I can take them down if I can get a hold of them. Also, what the hell are they?!”


Initiative: 1d20+3 = 18
Actions 1-7: Barracuda spends his round getting to the warehouse to assist Ronith.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:51 pm

JIC D20: 1d20 = 15
JIC D100: 1d100 = 14
Perception 37%: 1d100 = 54

Conditions:
  • Armor Bizarre | BOM 104 | 13.00 min | 102 M.D.C. | -1 Init and HF 13 to enemies

Josie's eyes narrow as she focuses on the faux defender. Angers swells up inside as she notices her shots are not very effective. Quickly she unloaded her pistol. Drawing a speedloader, filled with , from her waist. Inserting the new caliber shots NE-003PC, she resumes her attack on the faux defender. Josie yells at the assailant. In an attempt to draw the attention off of Whyne and Weiss.

Let's see if this will at least slow him down.

"Hey Fuck Face! Eat this."


Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10
Actions per Melee: 6

Action 1: Unload NE-6SL of its NE-001PC, load
Action 2: lload NE-6SL with NE-003PC, (using speed loader)
Action 3: Attack defender near Weiss and Whyne with NE-6SL. Strike: 1d20+7 = 17, Damage: 3d6 = 6
Action 4: Attack defender near Weiss and Whyne with NE-6SL. Strike: 1d20+7 = 25, Damage: 3d6 = 12
Action 5: Attack defender near Weiss and Whyne with NE-6SL. Strike: 1d20+7 = 25, Damage: 3d6 = 11 or reserved for dodge 1d20+8 = 9
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+8 = 19

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+2 = 3(Natural 1), 1d20+2 = 4, 1d20+2 = 3(Natural 1), 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 4, 1d20+2 = 4

Parries: 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 18, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 20
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Underguard » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:58 pm

Location: Dockside Outskirts of Merctown
Time: 20:46:00 ;; 15 Seconds have passed
Ley Line Activity: Merctown Ley Line Nexus within 2 miles


Outside, Part One
Grant, Beltin, Ashlynn, Barracuda, Jack
Grants is most curious when his target had escaped his nets, so much so he almost fails to notice the silver orb, about baseball size stuck in the Carpet of Adhesion he laid with his Magic Net. Leaving it there for the time being to ensure a new potential threat doesn't ambush Ronith and Weiss, he heads over to his portal and flies through after grafting three additional images of himself.

As the Captain takes off, Beltin takes off with him determined not to lose this target among the crowd. It is less than a few seconds before he, and the captain disappear from sight. Ashlynn doesn't wait for Jack to walk up who nearly has to move out of the way as she ricocheted-ran to the warehouse door. Jack continues to Barracuda and the Defender as they both take off after Ashlynn.

Jack takes a minute to examine the mess Barracuda left, finding a small silver baseball sized orb in the middle of the silvery gel. When Jack touches the gel, it seems to stick to his fingertip like adhesive; a strong adhesive. Realizing that the other three split towards the Warehouse or, in Beltin's case, around the corner, Jack follows Barracuda and Ashlyn towards the Warehouse. On his way there, Jack spots something run like a blur past where the net was that held the other dockhand.
Map
H4H DocksideR4.png

Outside, Part Two
Beltin

Beltin's keen deductive mind knows the easiest way to lose someone is to break line of sight and the Kentucky Moonshine Building is the closest building to them. Button hooking around, the Defender Captain is ahead of him with a similar mindset. The area is packed and the drunk was incredibly fast.

"Great, now I need to organize a manhunt." The captain mutters as the two look for the drunk in between the Moonshine Co and the other surrounding buildings. Stopping at a corner, he looks to Beltin, "Keep a sharp eye, radioing for another squad."

Beltin finds a quick access ladder to a low roof and walks a couple buildings that way looking for anything. While the Defender captain stopped to presumably radio for more support, Beltin rounds another corner to find two dead Defenders laying face first in a corner. When Beltin examines the corpses, he notices their helmets have been shattered at the visor and each have a clean, thin puncture wound through their chest cavities.

Storehouse

Weiss realizes his cyber-knight companion may better versed and equipped to put down whatever these faux defenders are and moves to engage Roniths visibly battered foe to free up the elf to separate the other one from Whyne. Weiss notices that his cuts are cutting deeper this go round. Josie continues to unload,keeping target on the one after Whyne that Ronith has now taken control of. Weiss feels the faux defender he is now battling is landing a couple key blows that pop his Invulnerable armor, the spell fading. Without protection, such strikes could be lethal from the long silver javelin-blade like arm.

Ronith moves to the other defender at the behest of his ally and inserts himself between Whyne and the other faux defender, proceeding to rip it apart with Frostfang as he hears Grant's radio call, shortly before four versions of the mage flies in and spread through the room. Ronith continues his assault with vigor as the numbers are steadily growing in their favor again. Ronith's new opponent turns and challenges the Cyber-Knight with a series of swift and efficient looking pierces that the Cyber-Knight deftly parries.

Ashlynn charges through the front door with a fury and, reasoning correctly that Ronith of all people would never engage a Defender without just cause, engages without hesitation. She gets a feel of the room and identifies that, of the nine people she sees in the room, only six of them resonate. Three of Grant's copies do not resonate. Ashlynn flanks the Defender Weiss has assumed control of, firing several blasts only to see them see them have little effect; like shooting into absorbent material. Whatever their skin seems to be, it seems durable. Barracuda enters the doorway shortly after and is nearly flabbergasted to see Ronith against arms with a Defender.

Another Defender, Abrams, stops at the entryway to the storehouse with an immediate order to the two Defenders. "Harkin! Finnel! STAND, DOWN, NOW!". Abram calls out and waits exactly one second for them to acknowledge him before he radios his captain on his loudspeaker so all in the storehouse can hear. "Captain Harkins, two unidentified hostiles located in Storehouse 32-39 that seems to be in a radio deadzone; they are wearing Harkin and Finnel's armor! I am moving in, request backup at my location. Most of the Heroes group is with me." The Defender then pulls out a large vibro-blade and enters the storehouse.

As the new Defender enters the storehouse, the pair of faux defenders immediately shoulder check both Ronith and Weiss who both fail to dodge the impromptu attack and are staggered back a shuffle step allowing the faux defenders to dash out the entryway that Ashlynn had opened. The larger defender is able to roll out of the way, as is Ashlynn who sees them both coming and then are gone. Barracuda however is nearly shoulder checked to the ground, saved only by being near a wall; they hit like a train.

Abrams wastes no time and darts after them outside leaving the majority of Heroes for Hire left standing in the storehouse with a few calm seconds to determine how to proceed.

Map
H4HWarehouseMapR4.png
Silverer Grants are copies for Ashlynn's reference on Radar.


Underguard's Bill
  1. Ronith -- -19 (-58 Culm.) M.D.C. Cyber Armor ;;
  2. Weiss -- Invulnerable Armor Pops;;
  3. Grant --
  4. Beltin --
  5. Barracuda --
  6. Ashlynn --
  7. Jack --
  8. Josie ---33 Armor Bizarre


What're your intentions
Image
AA Professional Services GM || Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) || EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:06 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 81 (SUCCESS if wide-open spaces; fail otherwise)

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 49

Barracuda wrote:”I tackled the first one and I drained whatever battery he was running on. Then he turned into that pile of goo! I think I can take them down if I can get a hold of them. Also, what the hell are they?!”


"No idea! Also? Gross." My gun wasn't making a scratch on that drunk guy... maybe keeping 'em busy while 'Cuda drains 'em is the better plan.

Ash jukes as the fake defenders beat a hasty retreat, and she looks to Ronith for direction.

Whatever happened, they value their hides more than their mission.

If Ronith orders pursuit, Ashlynn takes off after them, bounce-travelling (speed of 102) to keep them in eye-line. She uses her actions only to dodge, but follows them as closely as possible, and uses multi-tasking to periodically radio location updates to the team.

Pursuit rolls
Radar
Range: 400'
Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 57 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Distance 92% 1d100 = 86 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Direction 92% 1d100 = 84 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Speed 72% 1d100 = 67 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100 = 53 (SUCCESS)

Heightened Hearing
Range: 360' radius
Estimate distance of sound 70% 1d100 = 13 (SUCCESS)
Estimate speed and direction of approach 60% 1d100 = 71 (FAIL)

Streetwise 58% 1d100 = 38 (To make sure she doesn't lose them to time-worn tricks for evasion in a crowd - SUCCESS))


Just in case dodges
Initiative: 1d20+10 = 21
APM: 8
Dodges: 1) 1d20+9 = 24; 2) 1d20+9 = 24; 3) 1d20+9 = 13; 4) 1d20+9 = 28; 5) 1d20+9 = 13; 6) 1d20+9 = 27; 7) 1d20+9 = 26; 8 ) 1d20+9 = 15


As she chases them, she periodically radios Ronith "I'm following - they're at [location] heading [direction]."

If Ronith orders the team to stand down, Ashlynn takes up a guard position, eager for an update on Jazia's location and status. Whatever those dudes were, they're trying to keep Jazia unfound. Lost. Or whatever. They're not bots, though - that's for sure. Bots don't run for their lives. So Jazia must be in some serious crap if she's got... some kinda organization... trying to keep her where she is. They'll know that Whyne knows her whereabouts, and this was likely a failed hit.

She shares a meaningful look in Weiss' direction.

Mom is no bit player, is she? She's hardcore.

She looks to Barracuda. "This job just got a buncha strange smeared on it."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:03 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 45

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 563/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 12.50 min | 90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magic cold, fire, and lightning.
  • Carpet of Adhesion | BOM 99 | 33.25 MIN | Range: 90' | 10' X 20' area | House Rule
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 149.25 min | 2 of 3 charges remaining | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge,+2 Damage from Diving Attack
  • Magic Net | BOM 101 | 5.00 min | 180' | 5' radius | Dodge 16 or higher | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.
  • Multiple Images | BOM 102 | Self | 13.25 min | -4 to save, 3 identical images, +2 Init, +2 dodge, +1 Strike. Iron will dispel image.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 54.25 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 12.50 min | Two way portal through 72' of material, or 1 way portal with exit up to 900' away.
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 3.50 min | See license plate/fact up to 2 miles away.
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | 22.50 min | Surface Thoughts 90' 2-Way telepathic conversation 470'


The four Grants look to the left and the right trying to find an opening to immobilize another one of these creatures attacking them, but has no luck, Drat, they are all bunched together, hit one, hit them all. When the two faux defenders break free and out the door, Grant, his feet already floating a few inches off the floor gives chase, flying over the obstacles and exiting the building (probably right behind Ashlynn). He angles upward to give himself a better field of view and possibly provide guidance to Ashlynn as she bounces in pursuit.

Contingency 1: If he is able to follow the faux defenders:

As he flies, he uses his radio, "Ashlynn, I am flying above you. Bounce to your right, no, your other right, they went down the alley."

As he flies, he radios back to the group, "The one I had caught in my magic net disappeared, I am not sure how, but it looks like it may have left something behind. It may be worth checking out before the magic ends. We've got about 10 minutes."

If he can get close enough, he'll attempt casting magic net to snare one or both of them.

Edit: If he sees them, and they are within 900', he flies down to Sir Ronith and casts Mystic Portal on a nearby wall with the end point as far as he can make it in front of the faux defenders.

Contingency 2: If he can't follow.

"Ashlynn, I am flying above you, I can't see them, do you have eyes on them?" Grant hovers in the air scanning around, looking in the crowd of people who don't seem to be behaving like the rest of them. But finally, gives up. Over the radio, he says, "The one I had caught in my magic net disappeared, I am not sure how, but it looks like it may have left something behind. I am going to check it out." He flies to where the silver sphere is trapped in the magic net and stuck on the Carpet of Adhesion.

"What is this?" he says as he approaches. He moves to the edge and casts See Aura. If it appears to be alive, he attempts to read surface thoughts with his active telepathy. Hmm, they could change shape, could it have deactivated, or gone into hibernation when it realized it was trapped?

"Beltin," Grant calls over the radio, "If you are available, I'd like to try something with what I've captured." When/if he comes, he uses his telepathy and says to Beltin mentally, Can you erect a Telekinetic shield around that sphere? I want to cancel the magic and see if it reacts. It may not be able to see sense the psychic barrier until it touches it.

Once Beltin confirms the Telekinetic Force Field is in place, Grant cancels the Magic Net and Carpet of Adhesion, then watches the sphere closely and waits.

APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 18 (Includes bonus from Multiple Image)

  1. Examine situation in warehouse
  2. Flying in pursuit of faux defenders
  3. Flying in pursuit of faux defenders, radio Ashlynn
  4. Flying in pursuit of faux defenders
  5. Flying in pursuit of faux defenders, radio team about silver sphere caught in magic net
  6. Flying in pursuit of faux defenders
  7. Flying in pursuit of faux defenders
  8. Flying in pursuit of faux defenders

Combat Contingency: If AOI pops, he will recast as needed and then find cover.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:04 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 30
PER: 1d100 = 7 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 8
Conditions
[*]Telepathy: Superior- R25, P. 83, 900ft. probe/1800ft. communication, 32m remaining.
[*]Extended presence sense- R25, P. 77, 105ft. radius, 32m remaining, 89% skill.
Tumbling- 3d100:
30, 85, 56
vs. 101%
To maximize leaping distance as he pursues the "Defenders."

Oh no. You shall not get away that easily. With preternatural agility, Ronith is back on his feet in no time, followed quickly by a telepathic message to Grant. Can one of your portals place me in their path? If they can, and Grant has the energies left to cast one, Ronith will charge through it and attempt to intercept the malefactors.

If a mystic portal is for whatever reason not an option, Ronith will bellow "Pursue if you can!" The cyber-knight himself will dart after them- should they prove faster than Ronith in an all-out run, Ronith will begin leaping to nearby rooftops and following along as best he can. Only if they decisively manage to outdistance him will Ronith give up the pursuit and return to the warehouse.

As he chases after them, Ronith gets on the team radio channel and clarifies his earlier instructions. "Our targets are fast- if you stand a chance at catching them, follow. Otherwise, secure Whyne and keep her safe." I regret not bringing my hovercycle.

Should he manage to close with the "Defenders," or interpose himself in their path Ronith will detatch a blinder grenade from his belt and see if that slows them down at all. 1d20+5 = 6 (WB14, P. 209).
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 29/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (2/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 46
JIC: 1d20 = 12 and 1d100 = 52

Jack sees a blur move past him, What the heck was that, he thinks to himself. He then hears Grant call out over the radio about checking out the net. Not seeing anyone else around he replies, "Grant, I am on the net. Heading that way now."

Knowing grant wouldn't exaggerate about the time he rushes over to the net to see what is going on with the net. When he gets there he will examine the net for damage and anything left behind.

Jack will report what he sees, "I am here, I found (insert text as appropriate). What do you want me to do with it?" Staring down at what he found, What the heck are these things, we really need to get a sample.

If the ooze or basketball thing is still there jack will attempt again to get a sample.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Previous

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest