The Search Is On.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:53 am

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100:
93

JIC: 1d20:
9
, 1d100 = 66

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics


    "You are welcome to it," Grant says to the defender as the equipment is brought in. The mage nods to himself as he sees the thing put into a deep freeze. Low temperatures are effective to containment. I don't personally have anything that will induce that state. But if it is sensitive to temperature fluctuation, I could generate significant heat. And it was constrained by magic.

    When Barracuda and Jack come back from looking in the water, Grant reaches out and takes care of Barracuda's drenched outfit with a quick casting of Cleanse. The beads of water disappear in an instant, his clothes dry and warm (or at least not wet).

    With nothing left to do, he opens the portal back to the Heroes Haven.

    The mage nods to Whyne and John as they enter the Haven, he can't hide his grimace at the most likely sweaty appearance of Ashlynn and Sir Ronith. Grant steps back as they approach and follows to the living room finding a seat away from the two of them. His fingers twitch a bit with a subconscious desire to clean them too.

    He listens to Ashlynn's staccato of events. When she finally winds down, he adds, "The one I had netted apparently was a shape changer. When captured it changed into a silver sphere. Beltin and I tested, and it did appear to be a defensive mechanism, as when I released my magic, it exploded into action, but was contained in Beltin's telekinetic shield. The Defenders were surprisingly ready for such a creature and were able to effectively contain it by freezing it." He pauses a bit and changes topics, "Their ability to track Ms Whyne is quite formidable considering her own skills at disguise." With her own ability to change shape, was it scent or some other sort of trait they were tracking. "I would have to suspect that they have followed us here if their ability to change shape is not constrained to a handful of shapes. Ms Whyne, there are many ways to send a message. It can't be just telling us of what you know about Jazia that has made them so doggedly follow your trail." A bit of wry grin crosses his face, "What did you take?"

    After the discussion, Grant spends a few minutes recharging his Fly Like an Eagle talisman, the ley line passing through the Haven making it a trivial task. He finds the Draining Blade they obtained as a spoil of victory against the Sunaj and buckles it on. He takes a minute to look in the mirror. I look a bit ridiculous. When I have the time, perhaps I need to enchant a sheathe with Dimensional Pocket, so that it's a bit less obvious. He checks the drawn a few times. If I am close enough to need this... the rest of the thought he leaves unfinished as he returns to the main room.
    Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

    Info
    H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

    Constant Special Abilities
    • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

    Equipped Gear of Note
    MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
    6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
    User avatar
    Grant Latham
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 437
    Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
    Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

    Re: The Search Is On.

    Postby Ronith » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:27 pm

    JIC: 1d20:
    14
    , 1d100:
    63

    PER: 1d100:
    98
    vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
    Conditions
    [*]Telepathy: Superior- R25, P. 83, 900ft. probe/1800ft. communication, 31m remaining.
    [*]Extended presence sense- R25, P. 77, 105ft. radius, 26m remaining, 89% skill.
    Arrogant and (just barely) immature enough to feel some small disgruntlement at losing the race so close to the end, Ronith nonetheless has to admit to himself that Ashlynn’s final maneuver was most impressive. As he slows to a stop outside the Haven, he gives her a nod and a smile. ”Well done. Your abilities are most… unusual.” Realizing a little too late that that comment might trigger some less-than-desirable feelings in a human mutant, he adds a belated joke. ”Now I know who to send on all my urgent errands.” Ronith will then fall quiet as he listens to Ashlynn’s breathless (and later Grant’s, less-breathless) summary of events. Shapechangers as well then. Assuming Barracuda and/or Jack report the lack of recovered uniforms, Ronith will frown as he ponders the implications. We shall have to check with the Defenders later- were their comrades merely killed and replaced? Duplicated from a distance? Or… assimilated, somehow?

    Once the entire team has shown up and Whyne makes her little comment, Ronith offers her a wink. The team can certainly move when we set our minds to it. Gesturing to the Haven’s entrance, Ronith says to Whyne ”Let us take this inside.” After escorting her in, he will lead Whyne to the conference room, before turning to the rest of the team. ”We can go over the full intel later. Weiss, Beltin, with me. The rest of you are free to join us or not- though if not, I would not say no to a few extra pairs of eyes on our perimeter and security. I am sure Zoe can handle it, of course, merely as a precaution for the time being.” While releasing the team from the need for all of them to pile into the conference room, if they do so Ronith won’t be overtly concerned. His psionic senses can give him some advance warning of anyone who gets too close.

    After everyone who’s interested has filed into the conference room, Ronith will report the events that transpired within the warehouse. ”They were formidable combatants- neither technological nor supernatural in nature from what I could tell. They seemed vulnerable enough to my blades, but we should ensure that everyone’s munitions are up to the task before we face these beings again.” Other than that, Ronith has little to add. He nods to Weiss to take over, and listens as Whyne continues her tale.
    I am better than you. You just don't know it.
    Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
    Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
    +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
    Status
    ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
    Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

    Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
    User avatar
    Ronith
    Group Leader
     
    Posts: 562
    Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
    Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

    Re: The Search Is On.

    Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:31 am

    Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
    24

    JIC: Original post: 1d20:
    3
    and Original post: 1d100:
    68


    Quite pleased with Ashlyn's rendition of the days events Jack sprouts a grin, that girl never ceases to amaze. When Ronith mentions the conference room jack's eyes roll ever so slightly. So glad he left this as an option. I have no desire to sit in that stuffy room, he thinks to himself and then replies. "Boss, I'll pass on the suit an tie dance. I'll head up to the roof and keep an eye out for any strange looking folks. Radio if you need me." On his way out of the room he looks at Ashlyn and says, "Lunch on the roof? i think we still have pickles for Huey."

    He walks to the kitchen and grabs a few things to bite on, to bring with him. On his way he stops for Ice bear and Shadow in his room. "Hope you two have been behaving," he says. "Let's go have lunch on the roof," he calls to the pair.

    Up on the roof Jack slaps together a quick sandwich for himself and fashions separate piles for Ice bear and Shadow to eat. "Crazy day. We got attacked by terminators. Nuts. They went all T1000 on us and everything." Jack looks out at the street below as he ets his sandwich and tells his furry friends about his day.
    [H.P.: 17/17
    S.D.C.: 59/59
    Perception: 30%
    Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

    Character Sheet
    Saving Throw Bonuses
    • Coma/Death: +10%
    • Magic (varies):
    • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
    • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
    • Insanity (12+): +1
    • Psionics (varies): +1
    • Horror Factor (varies):

    Combat Data
    • HTH Type: Expert
    • Number of Attacks: 5
    • Initiative Bonus: +1
    • Strike Bonus: +3
    • Parry Bonus: +5
    • Dodge Bonus: +5
    • HTH Damage Bonus:
    • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
    • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
    • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
    • Bonus to Disarm:
    • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

    NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Head/Helmet - 50/50
    • Arms -30 /30
    • Legs - 40/40
    • Main Body -60 /60
    User avatar
    Jack McDermott
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 147
    Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

    Re: The Search Is On.

    Postby Weiss » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:31 pm

    Perception 50% 1d100:
    33

    JIC 1d100:
    81
    1d20:
    13


    As Ronith and Ash come racing to the HQ, Weiss is behind them and catches the end of it. Despite everything, Weiss can't help but laugh at the impromptu race

    "Go Ash," Weiss calls as they were still a distance back, but could see the race from above.



    Ronith wrote:”We can go over the full intel later. Weiss, Beltin, with me.

    Underguard wrote:Outside
    "You two are insane. I love it. Okay, Okay. We've got more to talk about." She motions to Weiss and will follow inside the compound.

    Everyone finds themselves back in Haven, Whyne sits down and mutters. "I need a drink." She'll then turn her attention to the Heroes. "Okay, where did we leave off before being rudely interrupted?" Whyne comments, opening the floor to questions from the Heroes.


    Weiss follows inside. As they do so, Zac comes down and sees them and Whyne. He points at her, mouth slightly ajar, having been told what she had been asked to do. Weiss motions for him to join them. He'd tried to listen in anyway and hopefully stop him doing something foolish if he hears what is going on.

    Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn breathes in.

    "I think that's everything I know. So... Ms. Whyne? Whatcha' find out about Jazia?"


    "And breathe Ash, " Weiss smiles. As people start describing the effects of weapons and equipment on the creatures they had faced, Weiss takes notes on his pocket computer.

    Ronith wrote:”They were formidable combatants- neither technological nor supernatural in nature from what I could tell. They seemed vulnerable enough to my blades, but we should ensure that everyone’s munitions are up to the task before we face these beings again.”


    "They did not leave any remnants on my blade, I am presuming that they did the same on your blades Sir Ronith," Weiss notes, "They were strong enough to pop through a couple of protections I had up courtesy of Grant; cheers for those by the way." He puts his thumb up to the mage

    "As far as we know, lasers..." he holds up his pistol "and kinetic impacts don't affect them. Magic does as does cold. Beltin, could you read their minds at all? Not robotic or technological in nature, so biological of a sort, which implies sentience. Did anything else work on them?" Weiss wracks his brain for potential weapons they could purchase to give them an edge.

    OOC Comments
    Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 57% 1d100:
    10


    "That limits those of us who can affect them unless we upgrade the arsenal." Weiss suggests, pacing back and forth in the room. "what we don't know is motive. Previously, the hunters were demons from the Calgary rift, so I doubt these are the ones in charge," Weiss strokes his beard as he thinks, "because its not just information, but a lead on Jaz's location that Whyne has. How close an area can you get us to her?"

    Hearing this, Zac cocks the pistol at his side.
    "When do we leave?"
    viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

    HP: 32
    SDC: 54

    Active:
    Clock calendar
    Gyro Compass
    User avatar
    Weiss
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 247
    Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
    Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

    Re: The Search Is On.

    Postby Barracuda » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:50 pm

    Perception: 1d100:
    54
    /43% (58% underwater)
    JIC: 1d20:
    18
    /1d100:
    53


    After a disappointing search of the waterways, Barracuda is glad to be back home with the Heroes for Hire. He heads to the conference room with Ronith to give his side of the events. But first he listens as Ashlynn explains the situation in one breath and as Grant removes the excess moisture from his body via magic. Then he speaks up about his experience. "At first I couldn't tell what was going on or what they were. But they were acting kinda weird and non-human, maybe even mechanical? So, for a longshot I tried to absorb some energy from them. It worked big time. They were some sort of futuristic metallic killing machines! It was just like Terminator! Like, where the hell was Schwarzenegger, you know?!" Looking around and seeing most people not understanding his reference, he just says "Sorry, dimensional inside joke."
    Barracuda
    Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
    SDC: 121/121
    HP: 23/23
    Critical Strike: 18-20



    Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
    Image

    Ledger
    User avatar
    Barracuda
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
    Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

    Re: The Search Is On.

    Postby Underguard » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:22 am

    Everyone takes time to go over what they know and what they have seen from their encounters with the unknown enemies. Jack takes the queue from Ronith and finds a perch on the rooftop, trusting his allies to fill him in but also providing some degree of passive oversight of the outside security of Haven. Josie takes her time securing and parking her vehicle, and walks into the Conference Room with Beltin as all eyes rest on Whyne.

    Whyne glances at Grant, then the others. "I took nothing, they don't seem to carry anything on them. That said, they know I am better at tracking than they are, and that I made contact with their target. Plus, they probably don't care for me since what happened in Lazlo." Whyne pauses, clasping her hands together and taking a deep breathe.

    "Okay, here is what I know. Jazai is being hunted by some extra-dimensional force that wants her as a trophy, and this group or being has sent these retrievers out to get her. They've proven to be cold, methodical and extremely mission oriented; they do not care about bystanders in the slightest and won't go out of their way to do anything outside of their orders. Almost like a programmed machine. We saw this when they ignored Josie and Weiss, focusing on me. They likely engaged Ronith more heavily after determining he was a true threat, same for Weiss when he drew his sword." She states, referencing the fight in the storehouse.

    "Like most things, they are susceptible to magical weapons. Electricity and Cold seem to have detrimental affects on them if used in extremes. Kinetic forces do nothing. The material they are made of is some form of malleable gel, but it isn't like a liquid. Possibly the scariest part about them is their ability to perfectly shape shift into anything of equivalent size; right down to the armor and equipment worn. Though, they don't move naturally which helps pick them out of a crowd, that is still not enough." She states, reinforcing the group's thoughts on weaknesses.

    "Now, they are not sentient, at least, not like you or I. But they possess some degree of intelligence to blend with those around them at least for a short time. They work in packs, and when all of them hone in on one thing, they become more deadly than anything I've ever seen. One on one, they are no stronger than an average power armor. One thing is certain about these things, they are relentless in their mission and won't stop unless completely destroyed, or they get what they are after." She finishes her statement regarding the threat before looking to Weiss directly. Weiss is confident from the idea that something as simple as Skorblades or simple techno-wizard devices would also be effective against them.

    "They are after me specifically because I figured out where Jazai is, and somehow they figured out that I figured it out. That's why I wanted to use the storehouse, to avoid leading them to Haven in case they had me bugged without my knowing, but we're past that. Jazai is a little over 300 miles west of Merctown, holed up somewhere among a grouping of small communities that exist out there. I can get us within 30 miles but I don't know the exact location, assuming she hasn't relocated since then. I think she was trying to make it back to Merctown, maybe she was leading me here so I could get you lot to help. " She finishes. She takes a moment to look around the Conference Room with a light smile.

    "I wish I was the bearer of better news." She adds.

    ===
    [Rooftop]
    Jack finds himself with his furry critters and watches the horizon. The Ley Line lighting the night sky rather nicely, he can see the movement of a few different Defender vehicles. He doesn't spot anything suspicious around Haven.
    Image
    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
    PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
    User avatar
    Underguard
    Game Master
     
    Posts: 320
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
    Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

    Re: The Search Is On.

    Postby Grant Latham » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:18 pm

    New Perception: 75% vs 1d100:
    85

    JIC: 1d20:
    5
    , 1d100 = 95

    Constant Abilities
    Character Sheet

    • Sense Ley Line: 84%
    • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
    • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
    • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
    • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
    • Immune to Possession
    • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
    • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
    • Base Spell Strength: 15
    • Spell Range doubled
    • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
    • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
    • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
    Stats
    • M.D.C.: 90/90
    • I.S.P.: 90/90
    • P.P.E.: 636/636
    • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
    Active Magic and Psionics



      Grant isn't quite sure that he believes Whyne when she says she didn't take anything, but when she mentions that Jadzia as some sort of trophy, he asks first to John, "Does she have any sort of ability or skill that makes her unique enough for someone want to keep her as a prize?" He looks to Whyne, "Do you know why she's wanted?" The mage thinks back again to what he knows of her true nature, She is the only changeling that I've met, and adds, "Could it be that it's not so much about what you know, but what you can do that has caused these retrievers to go after you?"

      Grant reaches into his dimensional pouch and pulls out a small hardened case. Opening it, he pulls out a folded document, not exactly paper, and puts it on the conference table. He opens it up to show an old map of the North America Continent. Various marks can be seen with names of cities crossed out and written in.

      Navigation 111% vs 1d100:
      78
      | Figure out where Whyne is saying Jadzia is.

      "West?" He draws a line with his finger west of Paducah (which has been crossed out and Merc-Town written in it's place. He stops and lifts his finger. "There was an old city called 'Hazard' about 300 miles west of here. Is that where she is?"
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

      Info
      H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 437
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: The Search Is On.

      Postby Ronith » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:41 am

      JIC: 1d20:
      11
      , 1d100:
      60

      PER: 1d100:
      14
      vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
      Conditions
      [*]Telepathy: Superior- R25, P. 83, 900ft. probe/1800ft. communication, 30m remaining.
      [*]Extended presence sense- R25, P. 77, 105ft. radius, 25m remaining, 89% skill.
      Land navigation- 1d100:
      18
      vs. 98%
      To see if Ronith recalls anything about the terrain in that area.

      Ronith sits quietly and listens, for the most part. He'll let Weiss and anyone else take point on any follow-up questions. Ronith knows most of what he needs to. Potentially easy to outwit, or at least bait. I really need some new armor. Vulnerable to magic, particularly cold and electricity. Threats to any innocents in their path. As the Q+A continues, Ronith will try to bring to mind anything he knows of the terrain in the area.

      Grant covered Ronith's additional questions, and once they are answered the cyber-knight will turn to the business at hand. "We need a resupply before we face these things in combat again. I shall disperse the earnings from our last mission- Beltin, take everyone who needs it to the Mystic Quarter for some shopping. At a minimum, everyone needs one magical or techno-wizard weapon and a few goblin bombs. I have some shopping of my own to take care of, but radio if you need more money."
      I am better than you. You just don't know it.
      Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
      Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
      Status
      ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
      Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

      Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
      User avatar
      Ronith
      Group Leader
       
      Posts: 562
      Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
      Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

      Re: The Search Is On.

      Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:04 am

      Perception: 1d100:
      60

      JIC: 1d20:
      17
      and 1d100:
      96


      Jack sits on the roof looking out over Merctown, "You know Shadow, from here, it all seems so peaceful. Almost beautiful even. Don't you think?" Jack looks down to see shadow and Ice bear sitting upright looking out over Merctown as well. When Jack finishes he can almost see Shadow nod yes. "Lot's of crazies out there. We can't ever forget that. Ever!"

      Jack looks up to the stars, I wonder how long this will last?, he thinks to himself. Shadow waddles over and snuggles into him. "Listen little ones, these terminators are no joke. I'm pretty sure we are gonna be going after them one way or another. Ronith is down there right now talking to that lady. I imagine we will be leaving soon. I'm gonna leave you two with Zoe." Jack chuckles, Although she doesn't quite know yet.

      "I want to make sure you two stay safe. OK?" Jack picks the ferrets up and puts them in their satchel and cleans up the meal. He heads back down stairs to see what the rest of the group is doing.
      [H.P.: 17/17
      S.D.C.: 59/59
      Perception: 30%
      Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

      Character Sheet
      Saving Throw Bonuses
      • Coma/Death: +10%
      • Magic (varies):
      • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
      • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
      • Insanity (12+): +1
      • Psionics (varies): +1
      • Horror Factor (varies):

      Combat Data
      • HTH Type: Expert
      • Number of Attacks: 5
      • Initiative Bonus: +1
      • Strike Bonus: +3
      • Parry Bonus: +5
      • Dodge Bonus: +5
      • HTH Damage Bonus:
      • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
      • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
      • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
      • Bonus to Disarm:
      • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

      NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Head/Helmet - 50/50
      • Arms -30 /30
      • Legs - 40/40
      • Main Body -60 /60
      User avatar
      Jack McDermott
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 147
      Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

      Re: The Search Is On.

      Postby Weiss » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:31 am

      perception 50% 1d100:
      12

      JIC 1d100:
      11
      1d20:
      19


      Underguard wrote:"They are after me specifically because I figured out where Jazai is, and somehow they figured out that I figured it out. That's why I wanted to use the storehouse, to avoid leading them to Haven in case they had me bugged without my knowing, but we're past that. Jazai is a little over 300 miles west of Merctown, holed up somewhere among a grouping of small communities that exist out there. I can get us within 30 miles but I don't know the exact location, assuming she hasn't relocated since then. I think she was trying to make it back to Merctown, maybe she was leading me here so I could get you lot to help. " She finishes. She takes a moment to look around the Conference Room with a light smile.


      Weiss nods and smiles at Whyne

      "30 miles out of an entire continent. Thank you," Weiss sounds a little overcome

      Grant Latham wrote:he asks first to John, "Does she have any sort of ability or skill that makes her unique enough for someone want to keep her as a prize?"


      "Not that I knew of!" Weiss answers with a definite tone. I think there is a lot she did not tell me.

      "Skorblades and technowizard items should effect them. If cold affects them, perhaps extremes of heat. Can probably dodge a plasma bolt, but a plasma flamethrower should not leave much room to dodge." Weiss rubs his beard, as he thinks about other weapons.

      viewtopic.php?f=954&t=17184&view=unread#p1365503

      "I remember UTI having Zapper Guns from what one friend mentioned, but good luck finding one of those nowadays."

      "Dad, will some of your armour fit me?" Zac, having not garnered any reaction, attempted to be included.

      "Zac, NO!" Weiss looks at his son and shakes his head, "you are staying here."

      "This is my mother we are talking about, Zac's voice raised, which as he was in the midst of the D'Norr equivalent of puberty, was not entirely as forceful as he hoped, "I need to be there."

      "No, we don't know for definite she will be there and these things are very dangerous Zac."

      "DAMMIT," Zac shouts before storming out. Weiss rubs his eyes and shakes his head, "some days it is less stressful to be shot at than raise a teenager."
      viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

      HP: 32
      SDC: 54

      Active:
      Clock calendar
      Gyro Compass
      User avatar
      Weiss
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 247
      Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
      Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

      Re: The Search Is On.

      Postby Underguard » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:47 pm

      Inside
      Ronith and Grant are able to recall an older city near the area Whyne pointed out, prompting a nod from the private eye. "That is the most likely location; though if it is anything like Lazlo, we'd be looking for a bunker somewhere around there." Ronith recalls it being a small town that became a small settlement with most of the older city being demolished or overgrown by brush, forests and even a small river.

      Whyne then rests her glass and glances to Weiss before answering the initial question. "No, not that I am aware of yet. The only unique thing about her is what she is, though I don't know that her race alone is enough of a target. There are plenty of unique races on this planet nowadays." She comments, glancing to Zac then Ronith and offering a light shrug. "Though, they are currently unaware as far as I can keep it, of what I am capable of. Though, them seeing me trailing their target could've made me a target."

      Whyne nearly laughs at the interaction between Weiss and Zac, though adds to his question about plasma with a shake of her head. "It would make sense that Extreme heat could affect them, perhaps even melt their gel-like skin. Couldn't hurt to grab any extra ordnance you have available. I kept my distance from them until now, so I'm not truly sure." She finishes.

      Suddenly, off in the distance, there is a muffled explosion before a break on the Heroes secure line.

      Rooftop
      Amidst his conversing of his little friends, Jack hears a relatively distance explosion that he quickly identifies as near the Defender's headquarters intown, prompting him to stand up and see about looking further until he hears a break on the Heroes secure line.

      Radio call

      "Heroes, bad news. Looks like whatever those things were came back for their fifth; they ambushed the patrol car as it landed and retrieved their frozen ally. Another Defender is KIA. They took off and headed outside city limits. We have damage control underway, but figured you would want an update on the prisoner. Hopefully you lot can stop these things." The familiar voice of Abrams says over the line.

      Inside
      Whyne frowns and stands up. "We're wasting time. Any more questions? Or can we grab the ordnance and get going? I'm not about to be bested these things."
      Image
      ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
      AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
      PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
      User avatar
      Underguard
      Game Master
       
      Posts: 320
      Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
      Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

      Re: The Search Is On.

      Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:49 am

      Perception: 1d100:
      19
      vs 39%
      JIC: 1d20:
      19
      and 1d100:
      60


      When the explosion goes off and the radio transmission comes through Jack reacts, Well, there goes any chance of testing the sample. Told those guys they should leave it with us. He immediately heads down stairs to the conference room to find them all still in there, "I assume you all heard he radio?" Jack shakes his head, "So much for all our hard work capturing the damn thing." Jack looks down for a moment, then looks up at Ronith, "They all ran. They didn't know what happened to the one we captured. They found it pretty quick! Can they track each other?" Then a thought runs quickly in his head, "Can they travel through time? Change events?" A chill runs down Jack's spine.

      Then he remembers the skirmish at the docks. I was sorely out gunned. I need some weapon love before I go toe to toe with one of those things again. he looks side to side addressing the room. "Anyone going shopping? Because I could use a few items." He smiles shyly, "Maybe a loan too."

      Jack provides his list to whoever volunteers. "I really appreciate this! I felt kind of naked and vulnerable when the gel thing absorbed my bow strikes like a girl punch."

      Shopping list
      NE-RV04 Ripper Vibro-Sword, Armory, Cost shown 18K credits, listed uncommon
      NG-E4 Plasma Ejector, Armory, Cost shown 30K, listed common
      4x LE Clip, Armory, 9-12K each, listed uncommon
      Marksmen Bow, Rifter 83, pg 92 - cost shown 200-300K credits, listed pretty rare
      Swarm Bow, Armory, Cost shown 35K credits, rare
      Arrows from armory
      20x Basic M.D.C. arrows cost 100 credits each
      3x Swarm Arrows cost 2,000 credits each
      5x Modern specialty explosive arrows cost 800 (3D6 M.D.) credits each
      2x Flare arrows cost 120 credits each
      2x Smoke arrows cost 120 credits each
      Magic Arrows from Rifter 83, pg 92
      5x Acid Arrow, cost 1,000 credits each (2d6+10 MD, +1d6+1 MD per melee round)
      [H.P.: 17/17
      S.D.C.: 59/59
      Perception: 30%
      Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

      Character Sheet
      Saving Throw Bonuses
      • Coma/Death: +10%
      • Magic (varies):
      • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
      • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
      • Insanity (12+): +1
      • Psionics (varies): +1
      • Horror Factor (varies):

      Combat Data
      • HTH Type: Expert
      • Number of Attacks: 5
      • Initiative Bonus: +1
      • Strike Bonus: +3
      • Parry Bonus: +5
      • Dodge Bonus: +5
      • HTH Damage Bonus:
      • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
      • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
      • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
      • Bonus to Disarm:
      • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

      NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Head/Helmet - 50/50
      • Arms -30 /30
      • Legs - 40/40
      • Main Body -60 /60
      User avatar
      Jack McDermott
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 147
      Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

      Re: The Search Is On.

      Postby Ronith » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:06 pm

      JIC: 1d20:
      8
      , 1d100:
      63

      PER: 1d100:
      89
      vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
      Conditions
      [*]Telepathy: Superior- R25, P. 83, 900ft. probe/1800ft. communication, 29m remaining.
      [*]Extended presence sense- R25, P. 77, 105ft. radius, 24m remaining, 89% skill.


      An urban environment then. Possibly they have scouts hiding amongst the populace, possibly they just keep to themselves. We shall need to assume surveillance and approach cautiously, at least until we can scout out their capabilities. Ronith doesn't have too much more to add to Whyne's briefing, and when the Defenders radio he quietly slips out with a nod to Weiss.

      Underguard wrote:"Heroes, bad news. Looks like whatever those things were came back for their fifth; they ambushed the patrol car as it landed and retrieved their frozen ally. Another Defender is KIA. They took off and headed outside city limits. We have damage control underway, but figured you would want an update on the prisoner. Hopefully you lot can stop these things." The familiar voice of Abrams says over the line.
      "Acknowledged, Defenders. Sorry to hear that. We'll let you know if we get word of any of them returning to the city." Unfortunate but unsurprising. Clearly the Defenders are not equipped to handle this kind of threat. Ronith will return to the briefing, and wait for Weiss and the others to finish their questioning.

      Underguard wrote:"We're wasting time. Any more questions? Or can we grab the ordnance and get going? I'm not about to be bested these things."
      At this, Ronith speaks up. "From what we have seen, a nighttime assault is more likely to aid our enemies rather than ourselves. It is late, and the company needs time to rest and arm itself. Whyne, you are welcome to take one of the spare rooms tonight, and help yourself to our kitchen. We leave tomorrow after the shopping is completed."

      Jack McDermott wrote:"They all ran. They didn't know what happened to the one we captured. They found it pretty quick! Can they track each other?...Can they travel through time? Change events?"
      Once they're done, Ronith convenes the team again. [b]"It is clear that the we cannot rely upon the Defenders' aid in this venture. Beltin will take a team to the marketplace tomorrow with the earnings from our last job. Arm yourselves to deal with this threat. The company shall ride within the APC to the target destination- Josie, myself, and anyone else who cares to will serve as outriders. Once we approach the city we scout it out, locate the enemy compound hopefully without them being the wiser, and mount an assault. Likely a frontal one if I know my bunkers. If there are no further questions, you are dismissed for the evening.

      Ronith himself will see to a light dinner, and retire early. They have a long day ahead of them tomorrow. As per usual, he will awaken early and practice sword drills for a couple of hours, before showering and heading out to the Naruni Enterprises outlet. Afterwards, he will return to the Haven.
      I am better than you. You just don't know it.
      Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
      Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
      Status
      ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
      Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

      Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
      User avatar
      Ronith
      Group Leader
       
      Posts: 562
      Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
      Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

      Re: The Search Is On.

      Postby Grant Latham » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:07 pm

      New Perception: 75% vs 1d100:
      88

      JIC: 1d20:
      5
      , 1d100 = 14

      Constant Abilities
      Character Sheet

      • Sense Ley Line: 84%
      • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
      • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
      • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
      • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
      • Immune to Possession
      • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
      • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
      • Base Spell Strength: 15
      • Spell Range doubled
      • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
      • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
      • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
      Stats
      • M.D.C.: 90/90
      • I.S.P.: 90/90
      • P.P.E.: 636/636
      • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
      Active Magic and Psionics


        Whyne's denial that may be after her for what she is prompts a frown on Grant's face, but he says nothing else about it. She's not being paranoid enough, he thinks.

        When Zac pulls the weapon he's holster, Grant again remains silent. If he's old enough to carry it he's old enough to use it. With John's tacit approval for Zac to possibly learn magic, he will be a loaded weapon where ever he goes. He will need to learn self control sooner than later or may very well pay a price later that he will regret.

        When Sir Ronith announces the need to better equip and Jack's undesired news, Grant nods and says, "I will go with the group to see what we can find. I have spent some time wandering the market district before joining Heroes 4 Hire, I may be able help speed up the procurement of the items we need."

        For himself, Grant considers the magic he actually knows, and that he knows exists. "There are a handful of spells that I know of that may come in handy if we meet these Retrievers again," he says as he walks with his teammates deeper into the Magic Quarter."

        As they stop in various magical shops, he eventually finds the following scrolls to study while on the road:

        Light Target (3rd level) (1 EP) With their ability to shape change, this should allow us to keep track of them.

        Orb of Cold (3rd level) (1 EP) This may possibly hurt them sufficient to reconsider attacking.

        Trance (4th level) (1 EP) If we capture one again, this may make it docile enough to transport or otherwise deal with it.

        Call Lightning (6th level) (3 EP). There's so much more to magic than destruction, but not many can withstand a strike of lightning.

        Ice (6th level) (3 EP). We saw how effective the cold was for containment, this may make them sluggish, to bad the notes indicate that you can't actually encase a living being in the ice wall.

        Lightning Arc (8th level) (3 EP). This one trades burst damage for sustained effectiveness. It would be very effective as a Talisman.

        Power Weapon (8th Level) (3 EP). As the mundanes grumble about not being able to power techno-wizardry and the difficulty and cost in obtaining a permanently enchanted weapon, Grant comes across a vendor who has a spell to temporarily enchant weapons. This might due, if I put the magic into a talisman, and affix it with some glue to tape to their weapon of choice, then if they are caught in close quarters, they have a fall back option to defend themselves.

        He uses his skill at crafting Talismans to barter their purchase creating some based on the spells he does know, and with a promise to create a few talismans of these spells upon his mastery of them and return to Merc-Town.

        OCC: I'll be putting up a post in the EP ledger for these.

        For the others, he examines the items they find by putting on the persona of a hard bargaining merchant, decrying quality, applying flattery, tsk tsking asking prices as needed to quickly facilitate the purchases in the short time available before they must hit the road.
        Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

        Info
        H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

        Constant Special Abilities
        • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

        Equipped Gear of Note
        MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
        6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
        User avatar
        Grant Latham
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
         
        Posts: 437
        Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
        Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Weiss » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:45 pm

        perception 50% 1d100:
        60

        JIC 1d100:
        29
        1d20:
        2



        "Wait, as a few of you have been away, Ash, Jack, Zac, Yojimbo and I ran into one of Jaz's people last month. They disappeared before our eyes. I don't know what it means."

        Grant Latham wrote:When Sir Ronith announces the need to better equip and Jack's undesired news, Grant nods and says, "I will go with the group to see what we can find. I have spent some time wandering the market district before joining Heroes 4 Hire, I may be able help speed up the procurement of the items we need."


        "If you can help me find a plasma flamethrower and/or a giant magical sword or other weapon that the Beauty can use unless the Beauty can use that hammer we picked up from the Sunaj, Weiss considers combat options, "I have money as well, so if I can cover my own costs." He looks upstairs where he can hear a door slam.

        "Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, Weiss sighs, "I have a battle to fight upstairs." Excusing himself, he heads upstairs, where he knocks on the door of the room and gently opens the door.

        "You in here?" He can see Zac under his covers, "Hey, you talking to me?" he asks gently and quietly.

        "No, go away," a voice comes from the covers.

        "We are going to have some dinner ..."

        "Not hungry!"

        Weiss pats the bed covers, "I am not being cruel or trying to keep you from your mother.."

        "Why can't I go?" a plaintive voice asks from the covers, "you helped Gramma and Grandad at my age. They told me."
        Weiss sighs and sits on the bed.

        "I think they may have made it sound a lot cooler and more dangerous than it was. I helped loading and repairs for their robot.." the covers stirred and Zac's head peaked out

        "But you were in combat with them. They said so."

        "Only if we were attacked and mostly, I was just along for the ride, occasionally reading instruments."

        "I can do that, Zac sits up to look at his father, "I just want to be there for her."

        Weiss and Zac spend the next hour talking about Weiss' early years as a merc until the young man falls asleep on his father.

        "Good night my little prince," Weiss smiles at his son as he tries to get some sleep. I just hope this is not some dead end.

        When Weiss awakes, unable to sleep for too long, as he is too wired, he finds Ronith downstairs and offers to spar with him before he makes breakfast for the unit.

        OOC Comments
        cook 64% 1d100:
        42


        As they travel around Merctown, he looks around at the Wellington Industries stockists.

        WI-FT1 Plasma Flame thrower
        OOC Comments
        Image
        viewtopic.php?f=954&t=17184&view=unread#p1365503
        Cost: 30,000 credits; uncommon availability in North America; unavailable elsewhere
        Plasma Tank: 1,200 credits each (disposable)

        Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100:
        88

        Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 57% (72) 1d100:
        21
        using Kenec Draco for an extra 15%
        viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

        HP: 32
        SDC: 54

        Active:
        Clock calendar
        Gyro Compass
        User avatar
        Weiss
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
         
        Posts: 247
        Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
        Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:27 am

        Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
        19
        vs 39%
        JIC: Original post: 1d20:
        19
        and Original post: 1d100:
        60


        Jack wakes up refreshed, Damn, I actually slept good last night. Must have been all the fresh air from the docks. He chuckles lightly gets out of bed, and showers up. After getting dressed he heads down to the kitchen to find Weiss cooking breakfast. "You cooking solo or is that for the whole crew?" Jack takes in the aroma from breakfast and his stomach growls loudly. "I am hungry for sure." Jack smiles, " Ready to hit the town shopping and then get on the road." Although definitely chipper Jack realizes what this means to Weiss, "You got high hopes or you been through this goat rope before?" He turns and walks to the fridge, opens the door and grabs some orange juice. without turning to look at Weiss he says out loud, "You know if she is there. We are bringing her back." Jack put the orange juice back in the fridge and sits down at the table. He looks over at Weiss, I don't even know how I would feel if I had the chance to get back to my real home. How he must feel right now. Confused. Hopeful. Maybe even angry. I can't even imagine. "So when we get to Hazard, what do you think we should do first? Jack takes a sip of his juice and continues to watch Weiss cook.

        "There are some good folks in Hazard. Maybe that's why she went there. To get some help. Maybe they will help us find her." Wouldn't mind looking up miss Daisy myself, Jack thinks to himself with a little chucle. If only.

        Jack will tag along with the group as they shop looking for items to help him be a more effective member of the team. Jack checks his bank account before leaving to see what he has to put toward his purchases, I must have saved something from those two small missions.


        Shopping list addition/removal
        Please remove the Marksmen Bow, Rifter 83, pg 92 - cost shown 200-300K credits, listed pretty rare
        Add - Skorblade Short Sword

        Total cost rundown
        Skorblade Short Sword (100,000)
        NE-RV04 Ripper Vibro-Sword, Armory, Cost shown 18K credits, listed uncommon (18,000)
        NG-E4 Plasma Ejector, Armory, Cost shown 30K, listed common (30,000)
        4x LE Clip, Armory, 9-12K each, listed uncommon (48,000)
        Swarm Bow, Armory, Cost shown 35K credits, rare (35,000)
        Arrows from armory
        20x Basic M.D.C. arrows cost 100 credits each (2,000)
        3x Swarm Arrows cost 2,000 credits each (6,000)
        5x Modern specialty explosive arrows cost 800 (3D6 M.D.) credits each (4,000)
        2x Flare arrows cost 120 credits each (240)
        2x Smoke arrows cost 120 credits each (240)
        Magic Arrows from Rifter 83, pg 92
        5x Acid Arrow, cost 1,000 credits each (2d6+10 MD, +1d6+1 MD per melee round) (5,000)
        Total anticipated purchase - 248,480.00

        Need to see what I receive from mission payments. May have to sacrifice the 2 x the LE clips to get under the 237,500 budget.
        [H.P.: 17/17
        S.D.C.: 59/59
        Perception: 30%
        Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

        Character Sheet
        Saving Throw Bonuses
        • Coma/Death: +10%
        • Magic (varies):
        • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
        • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
        • Insanity (12+): +1
        • Psionics (varies): +1
        • Horror Factor (varies):

        Combat Data
        • HTH Type: Expert
        • Number of Attacks: 5
        • Initiative Bonus: +1
        • Strike Bonus: +3
        • Parry Bonus: +5
        • Dodge Bonus: +5
        • HTH Damage Bonus:
        • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
        • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
        • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
        • Bonus to Disarm:
        • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

        NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
        M.D.C. by Location:
        • Head/Helmet - 50/50
        • Arms -30 /30
        • Legs - 40/40
        • Main Body -60 /60
        User avatar
        Jack McDermott
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
         
        Posts: 147
        Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Barracuda » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:08 pm

        Perception: 1d100:
        12
        /43% (58% underwater)
        JIC: 1d20:
        17
        /1d100:
        97


        Barracuda gets a good night's sleep, wakes up early and goes for a swim in the waters coursing near MercTown. He makes his way back to the Haven afterward and checks in with the rest of the crew. "Everyone get their stuff? We ready to make this mission happen?" He rolls a ball to Striker who seems uninterested in playing fetch at the moment.
        Barracuda
        Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
        SDC: 121/121
        HP: 23/23
        Critical Strike: 18-20



        Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
        Image

        Ledger
        User avatar
        Barracuda
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
         
        Posts: 360
        Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
        Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:21 am

        Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100:
        71


        JIC: 1d20:
        9

        1d100:
        40


        Ronith wrote:”Well done. Your abilities are most… unusual. Now I know who to send on all my urgent errands.”


        Ashlynn grins at the compliment. "I know, right? Like my momma said, I might look like a human but I'm definitely a dbee of some kind."

        Barracuda wrote:Like, where the hell was Schwarzenegger, you know?!"


        Ashlynn cocks her head. "Who is Shwartzinger? A friend of yours?"

        Jack wrote:"Lunch on the roof? i think we still have pickles for Huey."


        "I'll be up in a minute, I wanna get the lowdown on Jazia." She looks at Huey, who stares grumpily back at her. "Oh, go on up with him then. I'll be up in a minute." She watches as Huey trundles away, towards the stairs.

        Ashlynn listens to Whyne's recap with interest. They can only be hurt by magic, huh? That checks out... I still got that magic sword that Grant handed me back in Dweomer. I'd better be sure to use that next time

        OOC Comments
        Can I get a stat block on that magic sword so I can add it properly to my equipment sheet? I'm assuming it just does standard damage or mega damage with no other bonuses, but I'd like to know for sure. If it's more than that you can leave those fields blank and I can fill 'em in later when I learn what they are.


        Ronith wrote:Beltin, take everyone who needs it to the Mystic Quarter for some shopping. At a minimum, everyone needs one magical or techno-wizard weapon and a few goblin bombs.


        Ashlynn beams. "I still got that magic sword from Dweomer, but I'll be happy to come along."

        When she hears the explosion outside, distant though it may be, she springs to her feet, on alert. Hearing the radio call from Abrams, she is dismayed.

        Jack wrote:"I assume you all heard he radio? So much for all our hard work capturing the damn thing. They all ran. They didn't know what happened to the one we captured. They found it pretty quick! Can they track each other?"


        Ashlynn twists her mouth in thought. "Maybe... or maybe they're like a hive-mind kinda thing, and they just all know where each other are all the time?"

        The next day, Ashlynn will go shopping with the others. when she catches sight of the Goblin Bombs, she will request a few.

        Shopping list
        Magic Grenade (Book of Magic p. 328)
        16X Flash freeze (assuming no PPE cost to activate)
        Last edited by Ashlynn on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
        Ashlynn
        AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

        H.P.: 45/45
        S.D.C.: 68/68


        TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
        M.D.C. by Location:
        • Helmet: 45/45
        • Arms: 40/40 each
        • Legs: 45/45 each
        • Main Body: 100/100
        Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
        Features:
        • All Features of Triax EBA
        • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
        • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
        • Infrared & thermal masking

        N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
        M.D.C. by Location:
          Force Field: 75
        Features:
          10 hour duration per E-clip
        User avatar
        Ashlynn
        Gold Level Patron
        Gold Level Patron
         
        Posts: 242
        Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Beltin Delhomme » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:56 pm

        -----------------------------------
        Perception: 1d100:
        74
        /77%
        JIC: 1d20:
        1
        | 1d100:
        2
        %
        -----------------------------------
        Constant Abilities
        Character Sheet

        • Radiate their Nature [relaxed]
        • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magical Energy. 1d100:
          32
          | 90%. Range: 900/1900 ft.
        Stats
        • T-21 M.D.C.:
          M.D.C. by Location:
          • Rear Jet Pack (1): 50/50
          • Chest Headlight (1): 2/2
          • *Head: 60/60
          • Main Body: 170/170
            *Requires a called shot at -3 to strike
        • I.S.P.: 298/298
        Active Magic and Psionics

        Abrams' radio update is met with the thinning of Beltin's lips in frustration.

        It's really unfortunate that these things were able to free their brethren. We should be even more cautious as they have learned of some of our tactics. If they have some means of adaptation or evolution, the same tactic of incarceration may work less well at our next encounter. No wonder Whyne is so paranoid when dealing with these things. We've had one encounter and I am already letting my imagination about their capabilities run wild.

        As ordered, Beltin takes the members of H4H who wish it on a shopping trip through the Mystic Quarter in an effort to arm up for their upcoming trek. A part of him feels Grant to be a better conduit toward magical armaments and is glad when he volunteers himself to help.

        "Thank you. Your expertise in all things magical and mystical will go far in this shopping trip," he expresses to Grant in gratitude. "For those of us who do not have ample magical energy to spend on the magic weaponry, I think we should focus on the types that are passively magical and/or ones that run on Stormspire PPE clips so that reloading is not dependent on draining of your magical energy. And it seems with the enemy's resistance to mundane weaponry, arming ourselves accordingly will be vital to our combat effectiveness."

        Assuming Grant agrees ((and rolls his skills for availability)), Beltin will try to utilize his arcane knowledge to procure for the squad (quantities indicate desired number. Actual number procured depends largely on Grant's rolls and GM discretion):
        • (x7) lifeforce-powered magical MD melee weapons (e.g. Lightblade [RUE 137. 20k each. Uncommon]). Josie and Barracuda seem most able to handle the SDC/HP cost to activation (x2 dual-wielding for each). Then one each for those that can't handle that many activations (Ashlynn, Jack, Weiss (maybe)). [est. 140k] <== Draw from Ronith-approved funds
        • (x1) TW Earthshaker [BoM 318. 150-200k. Fair to poor availability] for Beltin <== Draw from Beltin's personal funds

        Reading between the lines of Sir Ronith's order for rearmament, Beltin deduces the squad's diminished funds and tries to be frugal in his purchases. He tries to pick up Lightblades for magical melee weapons of last resort for his teammates and an area-of-effect TW magical melee weapon for himself.

        With the Mystic Quarter shopping done, Beltin will excuse himself to pick up a hardcase backpack for storing items while wearing his new PA. He seems to recall seeing one in the Northern Gun store when he was shopping for light power armors earlier.
        ((EB-20 Hunter Environmental Backpack. 25 MDC. 6 lbs. NG2 p.43. 8,500 credits. Good (same as common?) Availability. No skill checks required.))

        When finished, Beltin will return to the Haven, distribute the lightblades, and explain how one wills it into existence with one's own life essence. I hope nobody decides to try to use it prematurely, leaving them wounded prior to our departure.

        Prior to suiting up in his new Terrain Hopper, Beltin will attach the hard shell backpack and transfer the items he used to carry in his old backpack. Similarly, he will attach the rib-holstered Wilk's Backup to the PA and replace the sheathed blade with the newly acquired Earthshaker hammer.

        The remainder of the evening, Beltin spends with his wife Marit. They discuss the logistics of the mission and an estimation at how long he will be away. The young investigator is heartened by Marit's attitude about the matter as she seems to have gotten used to the ebb and flow of being a mercenary's wife. Come morning, Marit remembers to request a small trinket as a souvenir of the trip he is about to take. Beltin acknowledges the request and is left with plenty of time to ponder exactly what he should bring back.

        During travel, Beltin will content himself suited up in his light power armor and riding within the APC. If needed, he will pilot the hulking land beast, but would rather defer to someone with the appropriate training. Instead, he will man the sensory equipment and keep an eye out for unexpected enemies.

        ((Sensory Equipment. 57% | 1d100:
        57
        ))
        User avatar
        Beltin Delhomme
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
         
        Posts: 318
        Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
        Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Josie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:33 pm

        JIC D20: 1d20:
        17

        JIC D100: 1d100:
        55

        Perception 37%: 1d100:
        68


        Josie decides not go shopping with the rest of the teammates. Gambling that there will be something useful when they return or left over in the groups assets. That evening she rest. When she fell refreshed, Josie will take a look over the APC and her bike. Going the the systems and making sure everything is in top top shape.

        In the morning Josie eats breakfast with the rest of the members. After the meal has been eaten and the preparations are being made, Josie make it a point to get Ronith or Beltin's attention.

        "So, do you want we to drive the APC or you got somebody else for that? If you don't need me driving then is there room to take my bike?"

        Basic Mechanics 1d100:
        61
        - 51% / inspect her Jump bike and H4H's APC
        Josie
         

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Beltin Delhomme » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:16 am

        ((rolls carried over))

        Josie wrote:"So, do you want we to drive the APC or you got somebody else for that? If you don't need me driving then is there room to take my bike?"


        "I believe prior to the shopping trip, Sir Ronith designated you as an 'outrider'. Presumably that means he deems your skills more useful on your bike rather than cooped up inside the APC. I know none of us actually look like skilled drivers of that beast. I believe the reality is none of us are. But when things have gotten difficult in combat in the past, we hardly rely on APC-maneuvering or its firepower, but rather use it as a deployment vehicle... basically we all spill out of the APC to engage the enemy." Beltin rubs the back of his head sheepishly with his left hand and offers Josie a slight shrug. "Given the team's current capabilities, I don't see us straying from this tried and true tactic. I've drawn the short straw in the past and don't have a problem driving the beast. Just don't count on me to do much more than make it go forward in essentially a straight line." The young police investigator flashes Josie a wry smile to indicate his attempt at humor.
        User avatar
        Beltin Delhomme
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
         
        Posts: 318
        Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
        Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Grant Latham » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:52 am

        (rolls carried)

        Beltin wrote:"Thank you. Your expertise in all things magical and mystical will go far in this shopping trip," he expresses to Grant in gratitude. "For those of us who do not have ample magical energy to spend on the magic weaponry, I think we should focus on the types that are passively magical and/or ones that run on Stormspire PPE clips so that reloading is not dependent on draining of your magical energy. And it seems with the enemy's resistance to mundane weaponry, arming ourselves accordingly will be vital to our combat effectiveness."


        Grant nods in his head in acknowledgement, "Stormspire weapons are typically sold at a premium. The recharging of the clips can run into the tens of thousands of credits." The mage shrugs, "But we will see what we can find."

        When they spot the TW light swords, Grant shakes his head, "That definitely is a weapon of last resort. You must make yourself weaker to use it. I know the spell it uses, when we return to the Heroes Haven, I will enchant some talismans for the group to use."

        Back at the Haven, Grant sifts through his pouches until he finds the small velvet bag with oval charms and the bag with various rings. He pulls out eight of the charms and one ring and lays them out on the desk in his room.

        He returns to the main room and asks, "Do any of you need your talismans that I gave you previously recharged?" He takes what he is given back to his room.

        He organizes his work space, first recharging the spend talismans, then creating new ones. The mage picks up each charm moving it back and forth in his hands, getting the feel of it in his mind. Then focusing his mind and will, chants the words to imbue it with magic. While working, focused on his magic, beads of sweat appear but go unnoticed as Grant works. As each one begins to show the normally invisible glow of magic, his smile broadens. Finally his work finished, he realizes how damp his body feels. His wide smile turns into a frown and grimace as he casts Cleanse to deal with it. He stands and smoothes down his pants and returns to the main room waiting for the order to board the APC.

        Talisman Recharging

        PPE: 50 + Cost of Original Spell



        Light Blade Talisman Construction

        PPE: 520 (Talisman + Light Blade Spell)

        Grant can absorb 20 PPE per round on the ley line that Heroes Haven is in.

        Time Required per talisman: 520/20 = 26 rounds = 6.5 min


        Grant takes whatever is available to lunch back to his room and use the hour to enchant 9 talismans. He eats while resting between castings.


        Team, please copy and paste the code block onto your inventory sheet.

        Code: Select all
        [b]Talisman of Lightblade[/b]
        [img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/01/26/20190126131236-e522d633.png[/img]
        [size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
        [u]Magic Features[/u]
        [list][*]Light Blade
        [*]Damage: 1d4x10+9 M.D. (Double Damage to those vulnerable to light)
        [*]Duration: 9 minutes
        [*]Save: Parry/Dodge
        [*]Can parry energy blasts (no special bonus)
        [*]Charges: 3[/list]
        Book Reference: p.117, BoM[/size]


        Once they are on their way, Grant helps everyone attach the new charm to their existing set.
        Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

        Info
        H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

        Constant Special Abilities
        • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

        Equipped Gear of Note
        MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
        6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
        User avatar
        Grant Latham
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
         
        Posts: 437
        Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
        Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Underguard » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:09 pm

        The rest of the evening and morning passes without a hitch. Barracuda enjoys a light swim while Ronith practices his swordsmanship before the group as a whole heads into town for some moderate shopping and re-equipping. Thanks to Grant's specialized skills, everyone is able to find what they are looking for, and Ronith is able to acquire two identical suits of armor as well.

        The shopping event began approximately at 8am, when most of the major players open their doors to the public, and took Grant nearly 3 hours to find everything. Ronith was able to get two suits customly fitted within that time, and the group finds themselves returning to Haven with a figurative truckload at around 11-1130am. All that was left is prepping the APC and heading out towards the former city known as Hazard, and everyone can only speculate on what they will find. Though with their new accoutrements, they feel far more confident about another potential run in with the unknown threat.
        Image
        ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
        AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
        PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
        User avatar
        Underguard
        Game Master
         
        Posts: 320
        Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
        Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Weiss » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:07 pm

        Perception 50% 1d100:
        43

        JIC 1d100:
        80
        1d20:
        10


        Jack McDermott wrote: After getting dressed he heads down to the kitchen to find Weiss cooking breakfast. "You cooking solo or is that for the whole crew?" Jack takes in the aroma from breakfast and his stomach growls loudly. "I am hungry for sure." Jack smiles,


        Weiss drops a few stacks of bacon onto a serving plate; either Weiss intends on dying by bacon or he is cooking for the entire building. He sees Weiss type something into his computer and send off a couple of messages.

        Jack McDermott wrote:" Ready to hit the town shopping and then get on the road.


        "I have a few items to get," Weiss replies as he flips some pancakes, voice sounding neutral.

        Jack McDermott wrote:You got high hopes or you been through this goat rope before?" He turns and walks to the fridge, opens the door and grabs some orange juice. without turning to look at Weiss he says out loud, "You know if she is there. We are bringing her back." Jack put the orange juice back in the fridge and sits down at the table. He looks over at Weiss,


        Weiss stops for a moment and breathes deeply. Inwardly, Weiss was doing everything to keep it all together. Cannot get my hopes up too much. If I find her I will let it out but not before.
        "We had several contingencies in place in case of separation. Zac and I exhausted them before coming to Merctown. This is the first solid lead." He chops up some mushrooms and tosses them in a pan to fry.
        "I have hopes that we will find her or at least a sign."

        Jack McDermott wrote:"So when we get to Hazard, what do you think we should do first? Jack takes a sip of his juice and continues to watch Weiss cook.


        "I don't know anything about the area so it depends on who or what is there. Working on getting some info so we don't go in blind." The oven pings and he pulls out some hash browns.

        Grant Latham wrote:He returns to the main room and asks, "Do any of you need your talismans that I gave you previously recharged?" He takes what he is given back to his room.


        Weiss hands over the talisman of Armour of Ithan, "I used a couple of charges up when we faced those creatures. Saved my life."

        After the shopping is done, Weiss' communicator pings and he quickly scans it before sharing it verbatim with the others. He pings back a thank you, but does not share whom his contact is.

        "These are new players that seem to be an advanced combination of magic and technology; they are treasure hunters but they do not hunt for themselves and are likely programmed or controlled. I've got random references to them appearing in China and Germany. They show up, take something or someone unique and then are gone again. They took a unique artifact from China while killing most of the monastery's inhabitants, and kidnapped a rare dimensional visitor from Germany, who was under an armed guard. Neither were found again, and no one who tried interfering survived.

        We do not know how they get here or where they go too. They just sort of seem to pop up, do something; kill anything in their path, and leave. To our best guess, they are a form of artificial intelligence. They have unique resistances to a great deal of standard threats, no standing information on their weaknesses.

        Hazard seems to have become a small fishing community, with a small river running through it. A lot of the old buildings are overgrown by brush but many subterranean structures remain intact. I do have a contact near the old ruins of Hazard. Code name: Scirocco. He is a bit rough around the the edges, but an experienced recon specialist. Might want to limit his interactions with your illustrious leader.

        That's all we have to go on, good luck."
        viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

        HP: 32
        SDC: 54

        Active:
        Clock calendar
        Gyro Compass
        User avatar
        Weiss
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
         
        Posts: 247
        Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
        Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Ashlynn » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:03 am

        Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100:
        100


        JIC: 1d20:
        4

        1d100:
        94


        OOC Comments
        2 things.

        1) I forgot Ashlynn is wearing borrowed armor, and should have arranged to have hers repaired or replaced during the shopping trip. If it's too late to do that I understand. She was wearing NG-A8 Scout Armor that got the main body destroyed, and is currently wearing a Bushman suit borrowed from Weiss.

        2) If I can get stats on the magical sword we pulled from Broken door that'd be neat - even if it's only how much damage it does and whether that's MDC or SDC. Thanx.


        Ashlynn is excited as they shop - nearly giddy at the prospect of finally reuniting Weiss and Zac with Jazia - though she's never met her - and simultaneously worried. What if she doesn't like me? What if... what if Weiss and Zac no longer need me? NO, ASH. NO. You made a promise and you gotta see it through, no matter what. Trying to maintain a cheerful composure, she goes witht he group first to shop for magic, and gleefully peruses the grenade selection before realizing she can't make use of most of the items in her 'shopping cart'

        OOC Comments
        Ashlynn will take the Flash Freeze Grenades provided they don't have a PPE activation cost - the others she will point out to those who can use those like Grant or Beltin, if they choose to get them.


        She will then attend Ronith as he shops for armor, and make a few selections for herself (see supplemental shopping post).

        After they return to the Haven, she sorts her newly-acquired swag and preps her gear for the mission at hand. She gladly accepts the Lightblade Talisman from Grant and takes him up on his offer to recharge her other talismans. "Thanks, Grant! You're the BEST! These have save my skin more than once." She grins at him.

        The next morning, Ash staggers sleepy-eyed down to the kitchen, where the stack of freshly-griddled bacon awakens her like a jolt of electricity. She trots up to Weiss as he cooks, and stands uncomfortably close to him. She grins. "What'cha doin'? I'm excited. Are you excited? I'm nervous too. I'm nervouscited. I hope she's there and I hope she's fine." She bounces on her toes four times and continues grinning at Weiss as she takes a stack of 6 to 8 slices of bacon from the plate.

        She turns to Jack. "Are you bringing Shadow and Ice Bear? I think I'm gonna leave Huey here with Zac - he's tough but I don't want him to get hurt if it's at all avoidable so he can stay here and protect Zac and Ice bear and Shadow, I think."

        Jack wrote:"You know if she is there. We are bringing her back."


        "THAT'S WHAT I SAID!" She grins and turns to Weiss. "I'm gonna do whatever it takes."
        Ashlynn
        AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

        H.P.: 45/45
        S.D.C.: 68/68


        TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
        M.D.C. by Location:
        • Helmet: 45/45
        • Arms: 40/40 each
        • Legs: 45/45 each
        • Main Body: 100/100
        Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
        Features:
        • All Features of Triax EBA
        • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
        • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
        • Infrared & thermal masking

        N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
        M.D.C. by Location:
          Force Field: 75
        Features:
          10 hour duration per E-clip
        User avatar
        Ashlynn
        Gold Level Patron
        Gold Level Patron
         
        Posts: 242
        Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 am

        Perception: 1d100:
        30

        JIC: 1d20:
        12
        and 1d100:
        68


        Weiss wrote:"We had several contingencies in place in case of separation. Zac and I exhausted them before coming to Merctown. This is the first solid lead." He chops up some mushrooms and tosses them in a pan to fry. "I have hopes that we will find her or at least a sign."


        Jack sits and eats his bacon not looking up. When Weiss says he has hope, Jack nods and thinks to himself, Hope is a two edge sword my friend. Maybe fate will provide some sunshine for you. God knows the world needs it.

        Weiss wrote:"I don't know anything about the area so it depends on who or what is there. Working on getting some info so we don't go in blind." The oven pings and he pulls out some hash browns.


        Jack sees the hash browns when Weiss pulls them out and immediately heads to add some to his plate. Standing there he says, "Either way, doesn't seem like anyone on team thinks this is a fools errand. Let's make the most of this. At worst, someone will benefit from our work. At best, we find your wife. Its a win win." Jack puts the serving spoon down and pats Weiss on the back. "Unless finding Jaz means you ending up leaving us. That would not be win. I would really miss your breakfasts."

        "I have some high hopes for Hazard myself. All be it unrealistic. I don't plan on giving these hopes up. I just know I'll find Miss Daisy there. She has to be." Jack sits back down and continues to eat.

        Ashlynn wrote:"Are you bringing Shadow and Ice Bear? I think I'm gonna leave Huey here with Zac - he's tough but I don't want him to get hurt if it's at all avoidable so he can stay here and protect Zac and Ice bear and Shadow, I think."


        Jack take a quick second to think about Ashlynn's question before answering. This might just be what the boy needs to take his mind off of what's going on while we are gone, he thinks to himself. "Nah, those two are staying here. They would get hurt real fast. I can't risk that." He looks up at Ashlynn then over at Weiss, "That would be an awfully big grown up task for Zac to be the protector while we are gone. I think he can do it. Hey Weiss, Do you think Zac would accept such a tough and important mission while we are gone?"

        When Grant comes back with the shopping haul Jack is like a kid in a candy shop, Now that is what I am talking about. He lifts his new crossbow up to his eye, "This baby is sweet!" He gathers up all the arrows and packs them into a sack. Picking up the Plasma ejector bring a huge smile to his face, "Hope these things don't like fire as mush as ice." Then picks up the vibro sword, "This will come in handy if things get a little too close for comfort and I run out of those fancy magic swords you made for us Grant." He gets all the items pack up and ready for transport. when he is done he turns to Grant and says, "Thank you! I can guarantee I would not have found half of this. I don't know what kind of creepy underworld folks you hang out with at night, I am just glad you do!" Jack give Grant a quick wink and a smile.

        Addressing the whole group, "So I will be riding the boar in front scouting, what's the plan for our route? When are we leaving?"
        [H.P.: 17/17
        S.D.C.: 59/59
        Perception: 30%
        Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

        Character Sheet
        Saving Throw Bonuses
        • Coma/Death: +10%
        • Magic (varies):
        • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
        • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
        • Insanity (12+): +1
        • Psionics (varies): +1
        • Horror Factor (varies):

        Combat Data
        • HTH Type: Expert
        • Number of Attacks: 5
        • Initiative Bonus: +1
        • Strike Bonus: +3
        • Parry Bonus: +5
        • Dodge Bonus: +5
        • HTH Damage Bonus:
        • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
        • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
        • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
        • Bonus to Disarm:
        • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

        NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
        M.D.C. by Location:
        • Head/Helmet - 50/50
        • Arms -30 /30
        • Legs - 40/40
        • Main Body -60 /60
        User avatar
        Jack McDermott
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
         
        Posts: 147
        Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Beltin Delhomme » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:37 pm

        -----------------------------------
        Perception: 1d100:
        58
        /77%
        JIC: 1d20:
        5
        | 1d100:
        45
        %
        -----------------------------------
        Constant Abilities
        Character Sheet

        • Radiate their Nature [relaxed]
        • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magical Energy. 1d100:
          99
          | 90%. Range: 900/1900 ft.
        Stats
        • T-21 M.D.C.:
          M.D.C. by Location:
          • Rear Jet Pack (1): 50/50
          • Chest Headlight (1): 2/2
          • *Head: 60/60
          • Main Body: 170/170
            *Requires a called shot at -3 to strike
        • I.S.P.: 298/298
        Active Magic and Psionics
        Given the midday time when everyone returns from shopping, Beltin assumes that Sir Ronith will wish to depart as soon as feasible. The young investigator will suit up and begin loading up the APC. In addition to being combat-ready, Beltin will also transfer the computer, laboratory, scan dihilator and robotics tool kit currently in his room into the APC storage area. He will secure the cases with moving straps and then look to check in with Sir Ronith.

        "How soon did you wish for us to deploy?" Beltin will ask their cyberknight leader. "Does Whyne have maps that we can use to figure how long the trek will take? If not, did you want me to head over to Badgerbold Cartographers and see if they have anything useful?" Beltin's excessive caution stands in contrast to Sir Ronith's confidence and drive for action. He fully expects the elf to confidently turn down his request for maps under the assumption that H4H will be able to handle whatever is thrown at them. Regardless, Beltin will thank Sir Ronith for his time. It will seem like their talk is at a conclusion, but Beltin will awkwardly breach a new topic.

        "Uhm, there was something else I'd like to talk to you about," Beltin will begin, his body language expressing unease even through the light power armor suit. "Grant Latham has, on many occasions, demonstrated ability, leadership, resourcefulness and level-headedness under fire. He has grown tremendously and his skillset in all things magical and mystical is awesome to behold." The young investigator pauses for a breath, "It is clear that he commands respect from everyone on the squad. I believe it long overdue that you name him your second in command. His abilities complement yours in the multifaceted challenges we face with our missions. My worry is that my seniority with the squad is preventing the most optimal command organization. And in our line of work, such inefficiencies could result in fatal consequences. If you have been withholding Grant's promotion to your second because of some consideration for me, please know, such consideration is unnecessary." With a slight exhalation, Beltin finishes. I've said my piece. I hope Sir Ronith does not take offense, like somehow I know better than he how to lead Heroes. With or without a response, Beltin will acknowledge Sir Ronith and return to his preparation duties.

        Despite the air filtration units doing their job preventing the aroma of cooking from reaching his nostrils, Beltin nonetheless recognizes the sound of communal dining coming from the kitchen and discovers most of the squad enjoying a meal prior to their departure. A great idea actually. Depending on the ease of our mission, we might be stuck eating rations for some time.

        Beltin pops his armor's faceplate, the latches disengaging with an audible hiss and is hit full face with the warm deliciousness he was missing. A latecomer to the meal, Beltin casts his eyes about in a frantic search pattern. Seeing evidence of the food that was in stark contrast to the food that is, the young investigator is left blinking a few times and about to wallow in his misfortune. He gulps reflexively before speaking, "Pardon me, is this all that's left?"

        After scrounging up something to eat, Beltin is able to hear Weiss re-share the intelligence he acquired on the shapechanging enemy that had just confounded H4H in battle.

        "I agree that the shapechanging things we fought do seem to be a construct of some sort. They definitely did not have a psychic profile when I tried to probe their minds. Perhaps I will try to resort to telemechanics in the future." Beltin takes another bite out of the nectarine he had manage to scavenge. "If these things are more akin to technology, do you suppose they had some manner of puppet-master lurking somewhere nearby? Their combat programming, if it is programming, was certainly sophisticated and each unit had individuality. Quite the curiosity..." Beltin fills his mouth with his fruit, giving someone else a chance to talk. The young investigator listens to others' contributions, but will take whatever opportunity he can to mull over the questions he just posed.

        ((Sensory Equipment. 57% | 1d100:
        9
        <== Understand what our equipment capabilities are.
        Astrophysics. 47% | 1d100:
        75
        <== Postulate what options there are for disruption of signal.))

        At the next opportunity at a lull in the conversation, Beltin will ask, "Weiss, I've already moved the Portable Scan Dihilator I purchased into the APC cargo space. It is a multifunction spectrum scanner with long range radio. I believe it has some radio scrambling capabilities I am wholly unfamiliar with. Do you suppose if we run the system, monitoring what the background signal is across the spectrum, that when we next encounter those things, we can take another scan, trying to jam whatever frequencies spike in communication at that time? That way, if they do have a command and control, we may be able to disrupt it."
        User avatar
        Beltin Delhomme
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
         
        Posts: 318
        Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
        Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Ronith » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:31 pm

        JIC: 1d20:
        14
        , 1d100:
        77

        PER: 1d100:
        30
        vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

        Ronith is all business the night and morning before their departure, up early and wolfing down the hastiest breakfast he can find after his morning workout. He will generally be about the Haven for a little while before the party leaves, and makes a point of ensuring all of his own gear is up to snuff.

        Grant Latham wrote:"Do any of you need your talismans that I gave you previously recharged?"
        Ronith nods ”I do. My thanks, Grant.” and proffers the armor of ithan talisman. Otherwise, Ronith slips out to pick up some new armor, as well as a spare suit that he will keep in the APC. He will be at the Haven for anything else that comes up, including a matter with his second.

        Beltin Delhomme wrote:"How soon did you wish for us to deploy?" Beltin will ask their cyberknight leader.
        ”I see no reason to delay once everyone has finished their preparations. We depart as soon as the team has returned here.”

        Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Does Whyne have maps that we can use to figure how long the trek will take? If not, did you want me to head over to Badgerbold Cartographers and see if they have anything useful?"
        ”I do not think that that will be necessary, although you may if you wish. I have been through the area a few times and can generally describe the terrain- in the absence of a clearer idea of exactly where our enemies are, I am not sure a map will be all that useful. We shall need to do boots-on-the-ground reconnaissance anyway, simply to locate our targets.”

        Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Uhm, there was something else I'd like to talk to you about…Grant Latham has, on many occasions, demonstrated ability, leadership, resourcefulness and level-headedness under fire. He has grown tremendously and his skillset in all things magical and mystical is awesome to behold." The young investigator pauses for a breath, "It is clear that he commands respect from everyone on the squad. I believe it long overdue that you name him your second in command. His abilities complement yours in the multifaceted challenges we face with our missions. My worry is that my seniority with the squad is preventing the most optimal command organization. And in our line of work, such inefficiencies could result in fatal consequences. If you have been withholding Grant's promotion to your second because of some consideration for me, please know, such consideration is unnecessary."
        ”Of course, Beltin. What is on your mind?” Ronith listens with a serious expression on his face as the mind melter brings up his concerns, suggesting that perhaps a new leadership structure is overdue, at which point the cyber-knight frowns. When Beltin is finished, Ronith replies quietly. ”I have had no complaints with your leadership of late- true, circumstances have required your absence, and in those circumstances I have relied upon both Barracuda and Grant to help lead this team. But I understood then, and understand now, the need, and that does not change the many times I have relied upon your leadership skills successfully. If you wish to step down to spend more time with Marit, or if you simply no longer wish to hold a leadership position in this company that is of course your prerogative, and I will support it. As it stands, however, I myself see no need to alter our current arrangement. I see this team transitioning to a broader-based senior leadership- both Barracuda and Grant have proven themselves many times over, and I would trust either to step in without a second thought. Most likely they will have ample opportunities to do so in the future. Do not let it trouble you.” As far as Ronith concerns- that about settles it.

        That’s about it until the team reconvenes and Weiss shares the message he received. Ronith doesn’t quite smile at the call-out to himself, but from the bemused expression on his face as he listens all can tell that he’s thinking about it. The good news is, they have a point of contact in the village. The bad news is, it looks like Ronith’s original strategy of openly approaching them might not be a good idea. The cyber-knight sits thinking for a few minutes after the transmission, before he comes to a decision about the team’s tactical approach.

        ”Everyone into the APC. Weiss will pilot, Josie and I shall ride escort for the first half of the trip. At the halfway point, Josie and I will accelerate to top speed and do a flyby of the village- just some quick reconnaissance of the area. We ride past the village for about 15 minutes, then do circle around and head back to the APC, giving the village a wide berth in the process. We scout the immediate area, and when Josie returns she shall rendezvous with the APC. At that point, we split into three groups.”

        ”Once we get close to the village, Josie will take over the APC and Weiss, Beltin, and Ashlynn will slip out. You three go to meet this ‘Scirocco.’ Report in after you’ve made contact, and try not to be seen by anyone.”

        ”Jack, while the three of them go to the meet I want you to sneak out and find somewhere you can observe the village, then check in with me via radio. I shall continue scouting the area on my hovercycle until I hear from Weiss. The two of us, I want to keep an eye on things- see anything that might happen when our targets think no-one’s looking.”

        ”Barracuda, you will take Grant, Josie, and the APC straight into the village. Make a bit of a show of getting to meet the locals- talk about fish if you have to. If we can win any of them over with kindness it might produce a lead. Have Grant maintain contact with Beltin and myself telepathically as needed.”

        ”If there are no questions, move out.” Once the team is ready to go, Ronith will suit up in one of his new EBA suits and fire up his hovercycle.
        I am better than you. You just don't know it.
        Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
        Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
        +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
        Status
        ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
        Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

        Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
        User avatar
        Ronith
        Group Leader
         
        Posts: 562
        Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
        Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

        Re: The Search Is On.

        Postby Grant Latham » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:53 pm

        New Perception: 75% vs 1d100:
        64

        JIC: 1d20:
        19
        , 1d100 = 92

        Constant Abilities
        Character Sheet

        • Sense Ley Line: 84%
        • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
        • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
        • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
        • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
        • Immune to Possession
        • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
        • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
        • Base Spell Strength: 15
        • Spell Range doubled
        • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
        • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
        • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
        Stats
        • M.D.C.: 90/90
        • I.S.P.: 90/90
        • P.P.E.: 636/636
        • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
        Active Magic and Psionics




          As the group gathers to leave, the spoils of the morning's shopping being divied up and stored, Grant listens to the conversations around him.

          Ashlynn wrote:"Are you bringing Shadow and Ice Bear? I think I'm gonna leave Huey here with Zac - he's tough but I don't want him to get hurt if it's at all avoidable so he can stay here and protect Zac and Ice bear and Shadow, I think."


          Jack wrote:Jack take a quick second to think about Ashlynn's question before answering. This might just be what the boy needs to take his mind off of what's going on while we are gone, he thinks to himself. "Nah, those two are staying here. They would get hurt real fast. I can't risk that." He looks up at Ashlynn then over at Weiss, "That would be an awfully big grown up task for Zac to be the protector while we are gone. I think he can do it. Hey Weiss, Do you think Zac would accept such a tough and important mission while we are gone?"


          As the two discuss leaving their newly bound familiars behind, Grant can't help but speak up, "I commend you for wanting to keep your familiars safe, but I don't think you are fully realizing what you've committed yourself too. They are not just animals that will do what you ask, they in some respect are you. You've linked your soul, essence to them. Imagine if you could separate your hand and leave it behind. Would you so readily be willing to do that?" He looks at Jack then Ashlynn, and realizes what he's said. Dumb, Ashlynn almost lost both her arms just a few months ago. "I am sorry Ashlynn, please accept my apologies, but the example is sound. You are attempting to leave behind a part of yourself. But you must do as you think best."

          The mage turns away, a bit chagrined at himself for putting his nose where it probably didn't belong.

          Grant can't help but think of what John hasn't said when he shared the message from his contact.

          "These are new players that seem to be an advanced combination of magic and technology; they are treasure hunters but they do not hunt for themselves and are likely programmed or controlled. I've got random references to them appearing in China and Germany. They show up, take something or someone unique and then are gone again. They took a unique artifact from China while killing most of the monastery's inhabitants, and kidnapped a rare dimensional visitor from Germany, who was under an armed guard. Neither were found again, and no one who tried interfering survived.

          We do not know how they get here or where they go too. They just sort of seem to pop up, do something; kill anything in their path, and leave. To our best guess, they are a form of artificial intelligence. They have unique resistances to a great deal of standard threats, no standing information on their weaknesses.

          Hazard seems to have become a small fishing community, with a small river running through it. A lot of the old buildings are overgrown by brush but many subterranean structures remain intact. I do have a contact near the old ruins of Hazard. Code name: Scirocco. He is a bit rough around the the edges, but an experienced recon specialist. Might want to limit his interactions with your illustrious leader.

          That's all we have to go on, good luck."


          Knowing anything at all about these creatures..robots? Grant's thought breaks off. John's contact must have an extensive network of informants and/or spies. If my memory is correct, both China and Germany were pre-rift countries that are as far from us as from each other. With my limited knowledge I haven't heard of anyone engaging in commerce, let alone communication with those in China, I've only heard the rumors that it has been overrun with demons.

          ....


          As Sir Ronith gives out the marching orders, Grant nods and heads to the APC. The hilt of the Draining Blade catches on the top of the hatch causing him to stumble. "Crap!" he exclaims. Grant adds, "Sorry!" to whomever is right behind him. He reaches up and grabs the hilt, and leans forward to climb in. He loosens the strap holding the blade to his chest and pulls it over his head. He puts the sheathed blade next to him as he sits down. I am probably going to regret carry this blade before this mission is over.

          As they drive, he says, "We will need a reason for stopping. I think we could just say we are continuing to journey west and just stopping so we could stretch our legs for a few hours, perhaps stay the night."
          Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

          Info
          H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

          Constant Special Abilities
          • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

          Equipped Gear of Note
          MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
          6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
          User avatar
          Grant Latham
          Diamond Level Patron
          Diamond Level Patron
           
          Posts: 437
          Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
          Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

          Re: The Search Is On.

          Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:12 am

          ((rolls carried over))

          Beltin will comply with Sir Ronith's marching orders and keep an eye on the sensors while Weiss drives.

          "Sounds like you're point on this meeting with Scirocco," Beltin remarks sometime during the drive. "And Sir Ronith wants us to sneak in. Any ideas for how we make contact? I'm guessing we aren't strolling in with Beauty." The young investigator glances back at the cargo hold and smirks at the idea of making a clandestine meeting with the 'bot. 'Hello, I'm here to meet Scirocco. Nice to meet you. Sorry about the caved in barn wall back there.'
          User avatar
          Beltin Delhomme
          Diamond Level Patron
          Diamond Level Patron
           
          Posts: 318
          Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
          Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

          Re: The Search Is On.

          Postby Ashlynn » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 am

          (Rolls carried over)

          As Ash and Jack discuss what to do with their familiars, Grant interjects,

          Grant wrote: "I commend you for wanting to keep your familiars safe, but I don't think you are fully realizing what you've committed yourself too. They are not just animals that will do what you ask, they in some respect are you. You've linked your soul, essence to them. Imagine if you could separate your hand and leave it behind. Would you so readily be willing to do that?"


          Although her eyes briefly betray a sense of hurt, she considers this carefully. He didn't mean that, but he's gotta point. I gotta learn what it means to have a familiar, and who better to teach me than Grant. T'Avi used to say 'Don't discard the lesson because it hurts', and he was right... Huey is part of me now, and it wouldn't be right to be separated from him. She nods her head. "You're right."

          Grant wrote:"I am sorry Ashlynn, please accept my apologies, but the example is sound. You are attempting to leave behind a part of yourself. But you must do as you think best."


          She smiles at Grant and gives him a hug. Holding him, she whispers quietly "If anyone's allowed to talk about my arms, it's you." She lets him go, and grins widely. "No harm done! Thanks for the tip! Is it okay if I hit you up later for more on what it means to have a familiar?"

          Beltin wrote:"I agree that the shapechanging things we fought do seem to be a construct of some sort. They definitely did not have a psychic profile when I tried to probe their minds. Perhaps I will try to resort to telemechanics in the future. If these things are more akin to technology, do you suppose they had some manner of puppet-master lurking somewhere nearby? Their combat programming, if it is programming, was certainly sophisticated and each unit had individuality. Quite the curiosity..."


          Ashlynn takes a bite of the bacon she'd been eating off and on during the conversation, and says "Mmmf, nah. Prolly magic constructs if anything. Reg'lar tech wouldn't be particularly vulnerable to magic and immune to reg'lar weapons the way these things are, would they?" She turns to Grant. "What'cha think? Techno-wizardry? Or summoned beings maybe?"

          Ronith wrote:”Once we get close to the village, Josie will take over the APC and Weiss, Beltin, and Ashlynn will slip out. You three go to meet this ‘Scirocco.’ Report in after you’ve made contact, and try not to be seen by anyone.”


          Ashlynn nods. "Be all sneaky-like. Roger that." Ashlynn eats the last bite of bacon then sprints up to her room to change out of her normal clothes and into her fresh new armor.

          This is my first brand-new armor... like... ever. This is amazing - and this armor is so flexible! Def a different look for me but hopefully this tougher new armor will be better at protecting me. But main thing is, I gotta keep my head on straight. Use my talismans if I get into trouble, and fall back if I have to.

          In a rare moment of somber self-reflection, she thinks. I almost died in Dweomer. I would've done if Grant hadn't been there - or I'd be wearing bionic arms now. I have so much to thank him for, but mainly... saving my life gave me the opportunity to learn from my mistakes. Really time to use the lessons Pangur Ban taught me about fighting smart.

          Ashlynn comes down in her slick new armor ready to board the APC, helmet in hand. She looks at Huey, smiles, and tilts her head toward the APC. "S'go." She watches with a smile as Huey clamber-flies into the APC's open hatch, and then climbs in after him. Turning to Jack, she smiles. "My armor gots that new-armor smell."

          Turning to Weiss, she says, "Now let's go bring Jazia home."
          Ashlynn
          AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

          H.P.: 45/45
          S.D.C.: 68/68


          TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
          M.D.C. by Location:
          • Helmet: 45/45
          • Arms: 40/40 each
          • Legs: 45/45 each
          • Main Body: 100/100
          Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
          Features:
          • All Features of Triax EBA
          • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
          • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
          • Infrared & thermal masking

          N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
          M.D.C. by Location:
            Force Field: 75
          Features:
            10 hour duration per E-clip
          User avatar
          Ashlynn
          Gold Level Patron
          Gold Level Patron
           
          Posts: 242
          Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

          Re: The Search Is On.

          Postby Zoe Barenger » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:58 pm

          ”Where are you guys?” Zoe’s voice blares over team comms. ”I am standing here surrounded by crates and bags of stuff. Get back here and put your things away.” The comms go silent.




          As she sees each member of the team, ”There you are. Put your stuff where it goes and then we are having a meeting” Zoe will move on to the next team member to be seen until everyone has heard the message, face to face. Zoe will wait in the meeting room.
          Heroes for Hire AGM

          Do not PM this account; PM Underguard.
          User avatar
          Zoe Barenger
          Assistant Game Master
           
          Posts: 195
          Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
          Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

          Re: The Search Is On.

          Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:40 am

          Perception: 1d100:
          34
          vs 30%
          JIC: 1d20:
          13
          and 1d100:
          83


          As Jack is packing his new gear and prepping his rig he realizes he doesn't have a quiver for his bow. Well, that is a bummer. Jack loads his gear in the transport and readies himself while reflecting on Grant's words, This is new to me. I am sure he knows better. But how? How do I risk Shadow like that?

          Jack has everything just about packed when Zoe approaches him about the meeting. "Yes mam, I'll be right in." Here goes, gonna tell me to behave again. Ha! Oh well. Before heading into the conference room Jack heads up to his room where he finds Shadow and Ice Bear sitting beside the bed. Looking closely he notices that they both have the talisman that grant made for then fixed to their fur. Well, I'll be... "I assume you are ready." He nods and grabs the carrying satchel for his furry companions. "Jump in, let's go see what Zoe has to say."

          Jack those the shoulder strap over his head and walks down to the conference room.
          [H.P.: 17/17
          S.D.C.: 59/59
          Perception: 30%
          Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

          Character Sheet
          Saving Throw Bonuses
          • Coma/Death: +10%
          • Magic (varies):
          • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
          • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
          • Insanity (12+): +1
          • Psionics (varies): +1
          • Horror Factor (varies):

          Combat Data
          • HTH Type: Expert
          • Number of Attacks: 5
          • Initiative Bonus: +1
          • Strike Bonus: +3
          • Parry Bonus: +5
          • Dodge Bonus: +5
          • HTH Damage Bonus:
          • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
          • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
          • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
          • Bonus to Disarm:
          • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

          NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
          M.D.C. by Location:
          • Head/Helmet - 50/50
          • Arms -30 /30
          • Legs - 40/40
          • Main Body -60 /60
          User avatar
          Jack McDermott
          Diamond Level Patron
          Diamond Level Patron
           
          Posts: 147
          Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

          Re: The Search Is On.

          Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:40 am

          -----------------------------------
          Perception: 1d100:
          83
          /77%
          JIC: 1d20:
          4
          | 1d100:
          15
          %
          -----------------------------------
          Constant Abilities
          Character Sheet

          • Radiate their Nature [relaxed]
          • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magical Energy. 1d100:
            65
            | 90%. Range: 900/1900 ft.
          Stats
          • T-21 M.D.C.:
            M.D.C. by Location:
            • Rear Jet Pack (1): 50/50
            • Chest Headlight (1): 2/2
            • *Head: 60/60
            • Main Body: 170/170
              *Requires a called shot at -3 to strike
          • I.S.P.: 298/298
          Active Magic and Psionics
          Zoe's radio summons catches Beltin's attention. "Roger that Zoe. On my way." He sets down the securing straps and makes a mental note to finish later. Sounds like Zoe may be in a sour mood. Hopefully it is just because of her distaste for clutter. And nothing more serious.

          Beltin will gather up his newly acquired Earthshaker, secure it to his person and then go into the meeting room as requested. He will exchange a silent nod with those already present and take a seat. Though inclined to inquire if any others present have an idea for why this meeting was called, Beltin knows better than to potentially undermine Zoe's authority.
          User avatar
          Beltin Delhomme
          Diamond Level Patron
          Diamond Level Patron
           
          Posts: 318
          Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
          Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

          Re: The Search Is On.

          Postby Ronith » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:01 pm

          JIC: 1d20:
          15
          , 1d100:
          88

          PER: 1d100:
          83
          vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

          Cyber Armor Recovery
          Assuming 15 hours have passed. 15d6:
          5, 6, 3, 5, 3, 3, 1, 2, 6, 2, 4, 2, 3, 2, 4
          Ronith supervises the remaining preparations, making sure that the APC is loaded and ready to go. When Zoe reports in and requests a meeting, Ronith complies and orders the rest of the team to do so as well. Taking a seat, he nods curtly at Zoe and waits for the meeting to get underway. I hope she has a good reason for calling us in and is not just convinced she has Lyme Disease again.
          I am better than you. You just don't know it.
          Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
          Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
          +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
          Status
          ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
          Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

          Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
          User avatar
          Ronith
          Group Leader
           
          Posts: 562
          Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
          Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

          Re: The Search Is On.

          Postby Grant Latham » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:08 pm

          New Perception: 75% vs 1d100:
          65

          JIC: 1d20:
          3
          , 1d100 = 37


          Constant Abilities
          Character Sheet

          • Sense Ley Line: 84%
          • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
          • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
          • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
          • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
          • Immune to Possession
          • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
          • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
          • Base Spell Strength: 15
          • Spell Range doubled
          • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
          • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
          • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
          Stats
          • M.D.C.: 90/90
          • I.S.P.: 90/90
          • P.P.E.: 636/636
          • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
          Active Magic and Psionics


            Zoe Barenger wrote:”Where are you guys?” Zoe’s voice blares over team comms. ”I am standing here surrounded by crates and bags of stuff. Get back here and put your things away.” The comms go silent.


            Having found his spot in the APC, seat harness on securely, Grant had pulled out one of the low level spell scrolls he'd found, Light Target. At the first squawk over the comm, Grant pulled the ear piece out let it hang down, the sound distracting him from his concentration. It's amazing that so much can be done with so few words of power. With the correct order, repetition, pronunciation, and focus of will almost anything can be done.

            Finally deciding that he's ready, he lifts his eyes from the page, and recites the words. The letters on the paper flare one by one, fading out as each word is completed. As the last syllable is said, he points at the chair opposite him and the target is suddenly suffused with light, outlining it as if the edges had LEDs. The words of the spell blaze brightly in his mind.

            "Ha!" Grant exclaims, "Look at that!" His eyes dart left and right and realize that he's alone in the crew compartment. "Where did everybody go?"

            He drops the now blank page to the side as he unbuckles and stands. "Anyone? John? Beltin?" He shakes his head as he sees out the hatch the familiar wall of the Haven's garage. He steps out and back in to the living quarters, following the sound of voices to the conference room. "What did I miss?"
            Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

            Info
            H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

            Constant Special Abilities
            • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

            Equipped Gear of Note
            MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
            6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
            User avatar
            Grant Latham
            Diamond Level Patron
            Diamond Level Patron
             
            Posts: 437
            Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
            Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

            Re: The Search Is On.

            Postby Ashlynn » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:46 am

            Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100:
            26


            JIC: 1d20:
            18

            1d100:
            99


            Zoe wrote:”Where are you guys? I am standing here surrounded by crates and bags of stuff. Get back here and put your things away.”


            Ashlynn's eyes boggle as she hurries up to grab her gear. Damn! She's in a pissy mood! She grabs her gear and hauls ass down to the garage to stow what she needs in the APC.

            Zoe wrote:”There you are. Put your stuff where it goes and then we are having a meeting”


            She pivots on her heel and nearly crashes, but recovers, and heads in Zoe's direction. Huey skitters to a stop and trundles off in the new direction, huffing and puffing little clouds of annoyed-looking smoke. She whispers "Geeze. What crawled in her rack and died?"

            She stands near Barracuda and whispers, "Is she always so cranky?"

            She turns her powers of scrutiny on Zoe to determine just what, exactly, her deal is.

            Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100:
            89
            (FAIL)

            OOC Comments
            Player gripe: NPCs who are shitty to players and seem like they don't want to be involved... what's the deal with that? I would think if they don't like their job they could like... get another one. It's annoying all the time to deal with angry-ass NPCs. /gripe


            She stands and waits for whatever meeting Zoe intends to have.
            Ashlynn
            AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

            H.P.: 45/45
            S.D.C.: 68/68


            TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
            M.D.C. by Location:
            • Helmet: 45/45
            • Arms: 40/40 each
            • Legs: 45/45 each
            • Main Body: 100/100
            Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
            Features:
            • All Features of Triax EBA
            • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
            • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
            • Infrared & thermal masking

            N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
            M.D.C. by Location:
              Force Field: 75
            Features:
              10 hour duration per E-clip
            User avatar
            Ashlynn
            Gold Level Patron
            Gold Level Patron
             
            Posts: 242
            Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

            Re: The Search Is On.

            Postby Josie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:20 am

            JIC D20: 1d20:
            18

            JIC D100: 1d100:
            7

            Perception 37%: 1d100:
            80


            Ronith wrote:”Everyone into the APC. Weiss will pilot, Josie and I shall ride escort for the first half of the trip. At the halfway point, Josie and I will accelerate to top speed and do a flyby of the village- just some quick reconnaissance of the area. We ride past the village for about 15 minutes, then do circle around and head back to the APC, giving the village a wide berth in the process. We scout the immediate area, and when Josie returns she shall rendezvous with the APC. At that point, we split into three groups.”

            ”Once we get close to the village, Josie will take over the APC and Weiss, Beltin, and Ashlynn will slip out. You three go to meet this ‘Scirocco.’ Report in after you’ve made contact, and try not to be seen by anyone.”

            ”Jack, while the three of them go to the meet I want you to sneak out and find somewhere you can observe the village, then check in with me via radio. I shall continue scouting the area on my hovercycle until I hear from Weiss. The two of us, I want to keep an eye on things- see anything that might happen when our targets think no-one’s looking.”

            ”Barracuda, you will take Grant, Josie, and the APC straight into the village. Make a bit of a show of getting to meet the locals- talk about fish if you have to. If we can win any of them over with kindness it might produce a lead. Have Grant maintain contact with Beltin and myself telepathically as needed.”

            ”If there are no questions, move out.”


            Josie sits and listens to Ronith's long explanation of how he wants everyone to proceed. She starts pacing back a forth and looking around. At one point she tries to remain still but that doesn't last long at all.

            Yeah yeah yeah. I get it. Drive fast then circle back. Drive slow and make a scene. Act as backup. Aint all that complicated. Don't know what he add all that extra fluff. Get to the point and get moving.

            " You got it, Boss. Sounds simple and straightforward. I'm ready to move out whenever you are."

            Zoe wrote: ”There you are. Put your stuff where it goes and then we are having a meeting”


            Good god. More meeting?! Where's the action? Is this all they ever do with a dash danger periodically? Well the sooner we talk, the sooner we can leave.

            Josie walks to the conference room to waits for the meeting, Zoe has called for.
            Josie
             

            Re: The Search Is On.

            Postby Weiss » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:25 pm

            Perception 50% 1d100:
            59

            JIC 1d100:
            85
            1d20:
            15


            Weiss lifts up the covers to show more food being kept warm.

            "There is more than enough for everyone just like last time I cooked." he smiles at the psychic

            Weiss looks at Jack and smiles

            "When we were inside the warehouse, Whyne had a jammer running throughout the fight. If they had a command and control signal, then it was able to cut through the jammer. Now I have the skills and Ben and I also have the tech or ability to be able to jam signals."


            As Ronith gives his orders, Weiss grabs his stuff and heads straight to the APC. He begins prepping it ready to go.
            Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Sounds like you're point on this meeting with Scirocco," Beltin remarks sometime during the drive. "And Sir Ronith wants us to sneak in. Any ideas for how we make contact? I'm guessing we aren't strolling in with Beauty."


            Weiss raises an eyebrow and smirks
            "You'd be surprised how much you can actually sneak in one of those, though it is easier during a warzone." He checks a couple more systems before
            "but no, lets be subtle or at least as subtle as this crew gets and not take the 18 foot robot. People still get twitchy around her despite the paint job since she is an ex piece of Coalition hardware."


            Zoe Barenger wrote:”Where are you guys?” Zoe’s voice blares over team comms. ”I am standing here surrounded by crates and bags of stuff. Get back here and put your things away.” The comms go silent.


            "Sounds like matron has summoned us," Weiss shrugs before heading out; need to say goodbye to Zac before we left anyway.
            viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

            HP: 32
            SDC: 54

            Active:
            Clock calendar
            Gyro Compass
            User avatar
            Weiss
            Diamond Level Patron
            Diamond Level Patron
             
            Posts: 247
            Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
            Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

            Re: The Search Is On.

            Postby Zoe Barenger » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:05 pm

            Zoe stands at the front of the room while the group gathers. Once everyone is settled, she raises her hand. ’Thank you all for coming. I know it seems redundant, but i just want to make sure you have all your issues in order. It all is settled, then time to go. I will leave you to it.” She then motions with her hand that they may go.





            As H4H move to thier prospective rides for the trip, they again see Zoe standing by a table. ”As you are loading up, i need a list of who is riding in what. Also anything you may need that you didnt get yet. I will get it to you enroute.” with that said, Zoe turns and starts typing on a tablet.




            The crew loads up and hits the road, stopping at the gates to pick up any needed longarms or bots. The weather is decent, and the roads are decent enough outside Merctown. Data shows the trip shpoould take no more than 6 hrs at a decent pace, even giving for rough terrain.

            POST HOW YOU SPENDING THE TRIP
            Heroes for Hire AGM

            Do not PM this account; PM Underguard.
            User avatar
            Zoe Barenger
            Assistant Game Master
             
            Posts: 195
            Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
            Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

            Re: The Search Is On.

            Postby Ronith » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:23 am

            JIC: 1d20:
            16
            , 1d100:
            57

            PER: 1d100:
            73
            vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

            Land navigation- 1d100:
            2
            vs. 98%
            To plot an optimal course to the village, keeping the vehicles out of sight as long as possible, etc.
            Intelligence- 1d100:
            16
            vs. 106%
            Detect concealment- 1d100:
            75
            vs. 86%
            Both for reconnaissance on the village- likely hiding places for the team’s targets, whether the villagers are aware/afraid of them, other noteworthy details
            Detect ambush- 1d100:
            16
            vs. 126%
            Trap/mine detection- 1d100:
            16
            vs. 86%
            Both for checking for any potential dangers as they near/fly through the village
            Undercover ops- 1d100:
            96
            vs. 50%
            Streetwise- 1d100:
            48
            vs. 76%
            Both to try to identify anyone trying to blend in with the locals.
            Prowl- 1d100:
            78
            vs. 101%
            To rendezvous with the APC without being detected.

            Cyber Armor Recovery
            Three-hour trip. 3d6:
            5, 3, 4
            Zoe Barenger wrote:’Thank you all for coming. I know it seems redundant, but i just want to make sure you have all your issues in order. It all is settled, then time to go. I will leave you to it.”
            Having surveyed the team’s preparations, Ronith smiles thinly and says ”Yes, thank you Zoe. I believe we are ready to depart. See you when we return.” That was easy enough.

            Before departing, Ronith will change into one of his new suits of EBA and store the spare in his locker inside the APC. Everything else gets stored on his person. Once Ronith is satisfied that he is ready to go, he joins the others in the Haven’s garage and mounts his hovercycle, nodding to Josie when she does likewise. After the rest of the team has boarded the APC and Weiss has settled into the pilot’s chair, Ronith waits expectantly for him to give the ready signal, then revs his engine and peels out.

            Ronith will, of course, stick strictly to the speed limit while in town, and make sure that he doesn’t get more than 50 feet or so ahead of the APC. Once they’re out of town (and everyone has reclaimed any heavy weapons they need to from the Defenders), he will open it up a bit more and do a quick signal check to confirm that Josie can hear him. He will also increase the distance by which he’s leading the APC to about 1000 feet and motion for Josie to do the same.

            For the first hour and a half of their trip, Ronith is in good spirits. He spent a great deal of time cooped up in a near-monastery before his return to MercTown, and the elf is quickly realizing that he much prefers to be outside than in an office. Would that I could feel the air on my skin- but our last encounter with these things demonstrated that I will need to be at my best when we strike against them en masse. Perhaps on the return journey. Ronith is tempted to remove his helmet at the least, and feel the wind through his hair, but he leaves it on. Even with psychic precognition, it is best to be prepared for the worst. Ronith will check-in with Weiss once, about 45 minutes after they leave MercTown, and ask for a status report. Assuming all is going well, Ronith will acknowledge the report and then go back to enjoying the day. And keeping his eye on the area, of course.

            Once they have cleared the halfway point of their trip, Ronith will signal the entire team. ”Moving to phase two. Minimal radio comms. until rendezvous.” Ronith will then signal for Josie to accelerate to close to top speed, and will do the same. That should have both of them arriving on the village’s outskirts about half an hour after leaving the rest of the team, one full hour before the much slower APC gets there. Ronith will throttle down and avoid taking his cycle close to any structures or gardens- not only avoiding risk of doing damage to people or property by doing so, but also giving him more time to scope the village out. Even so, Ronith does not linger to do a thorough reconnaissance, but he does make note of any features in the surrounding area that are close enough to the village to observe it, but secluded enough that Ronith can do so without being easily seen. He will also make note of any buildings or other features (caves, etc.) large enough for a sizeable number of humanoids to hide out in, with at least one prisoner.

            After they have passed the village, Ronith again accelerates to maximum speed and continues in a straight line, looking for all the world as if he has somewhere else to be and the village was simply in his way. A solid 15 minutes or so afterwards, he signals Josie to move off to their left, while Ronith himself moves right. The cyber-knight will then start to make a giant arc with his hovercycle, in anticipation of returning to the team’s rendezvous point without going through the village. After 20 minutes or so, Ronith should find himself about 20 miles outside of the village, at an angle to his (and the APC’s) original direction of travel- with the APC still about 20 minutes out of the village. Ronith will do a quick scan of the area, then throttle down his speed and start heading in the rough direction of the village.

            While Josie is under orders to rendezvous with the APC at this point, Ronith will stay deployed. Once he’s within about 10 miles of the village he will reduce his hovercycle’s speed to the point where it can move silently (under 35 MPH), arriving in the vicinity of the village just a few minutes after the APC has rendezvoused with Josie. Assuming he can do so without being detected from the village, Ronith will make visual contact with the APC to confirm that they have arrived without incident (and to make telepathic contact if needed to report any interesting findings from his own recon), then he will start looking in earnest for somewhere where he can park and observe things. Ideally, it would be close enough that Ronith can spot details and rush to his companions’ aid very quickly, but still secluded enough that Ronith will evade casual observation (even if it’s just behind a hilltop or something innocuous). Once he finds such a spot, Ronith will settle in and simply watch and wait.
            I am better than you. You just don't know it.
            Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
            Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
            +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
            Status
            ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
            Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

            Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
            User avatar
            Ronith
            Group Leader
             
            Posts: 562
            Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
            Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

            Re: The Search Is On.

            Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:18 am

            -----------------------------------
            Perception: 1d100:
            26
            /77%
            JIC: 1d20:
            7
            | 1d100:
            50
            %
            -----------------------------------
            Constant Abilities
            Character Sheet

            • Radiate their Nature [relaxed]
            • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magical Energy. 1d100:
              19
              | 90%. Range: 900/1900 ft.
            Stats
            • T-21 M.D.C.:
              M.D.C. by Location:
              • Rear Jet Pack (1): 50/50
              • Chest Headlight (1): 2/2
              • *Head: 60/60
              • Main Body: 170/170
                *Requires a called shot at -3 to strike
            • I.S.P.: 298/298
            Active Magic and Psionics
            Beltin confirms his purchase of an Earthshaker with Zoe and reminds the H4H matron of her afternoon deep tissue massage appointment she has with Marit in two days. No doubt the relaxation should help with frayed nerves and reduce the heat of temper. The young investigator reflects on Zoe's firecracker nature and how such spunk and tenacity has seen the mercenary group through tough times. But maybe not too relaxed. He bids Zoe farewell with an appreciative nod and the hint of a smirk forming in the corners of his face.

            Sensory Equipment. 57% | 1d100:
            39
            <== checking radar etc. while driving. [Phase 1]
            Sensory Equipment. 57% | 1d100:
            3
            <== checking radar etc. while driving. [Phase 2]
            Sensory Equipment. 57% | 1d100:
            66
            <== checking radar etc. while driving. [Final approach]

            He heads into the APC, double-checks that the equipment he brought ((military tablet, portable lab, portable scan dihilator, portable robotics tool kit... located in H4H Catch-all thread, Beltin's room currently)) is still secured in cargo and takes a co-pilot or sensory equipment seat in the cockpit. With an estimation of 6 hours travel time, Beltin trusts Weiss to operate the heavy carrier and for his presence to be of secondary importance. Should the pilot wish for conversation, Beltin will entertain with small talk and/or finding out more about Weiss and his time prior to H4H. Otherwise, the young recluse is perfectly satisfied with sitting in absolute silence, occasionally checking the sensors between either light meditation or reading through his reference textbooks (either physical or electronic on his military tablet).

            Ronith's phase two announcement over comms will be met with a slight nod of affirmation from Beltin. "How much time do you need to start up Beauty if we need her? Is there a way to partially power her up? Minus only her pilot of course." the young investigator asks Weiss with genuine concern, "Frontal approaches, Sir Ronith's preferred tactic for engagement, has inherent timing challenges. Should combat break out, seconds matter." Beltin realizes that he is likely not telling Weiss anything he does not already know. But the investigator is cautious by nature and is even more concerned given the unpredictable nature of the polymorphic enemy they are likely to face.

            Sensory Equipment. 57% | 1d100:
            29
            <== set up portable scan dihilator

            Prior to 30 minutes remaining, Beltin will drop into the cargo space, pull out the portable scan dihilator, unpack/deploy and re-secure it to the floor. If needed, Beltin is not beyond asking Weiss for support in this venture. He knows that the robot pilot likely has significantly great knowledge in this area than he. "Maybe not fully active, but is there a way that we can get this radio scrambler set up so that when we need it, we just need to put in the scrambling frequency?" Beltin asks naively. In his thirst for knowledge, he hopes Weiss will elaborate a bit about the underlying theory of how the scrambler works.
            User avatar
            Beltin Delhomme
            Diamond Level Patron
            Diamond Level Patron
             
            Posts: 318
            Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
            Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

            Re: The Search Is On.

            Postby Grant Latham » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:51 am

            New Perception: 75% vs 1d100:
            38

            JIC: 1d20:
            3
            , 1d100 = 73


            Constant Abilities
            Character Sheet

            • Sense Ley Line: 84%
            • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
            • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
            • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
            • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
            • Immune to Possession
            • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
            • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
            • Base Spell Strength: 15
            • Spell Range doubled
            • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
            • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
            • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
            Stats
            • M.D.C.: 90/90
            • I.S.P.: 90/90
            • P.P.E.: 636/636
            • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
            Active Magic and Psionics



              Zoe Barenger wrote:Zoe stands at the front of the room while the group gathers. Once everyone is settled, she raises her hand. ’Thank you all for coming. I know it seems redundant, but i just want to make sure you have all your issues in order. It all is settled, then time to go. I will leave you to it.” She then motions with her hand that they may go.


              The Lord Magi's expression is neutral as Zoey states the reason for calling them back into the main building.

              Sir Ronith wrote:Having surveyed the team’s preparations, Ronith smiles thinly and says ”Yes, thank you Zoe. I believe we are ready to depart. See you when we return.”


              Grant watches her hand movement. That is going to get her in trouble one day. It's clear that she does not enjoy her role as caretaker. I wonder what keeps her here. I know she has her own magical abilities, elemental I believe, perhaps, she just needs to be outdoors more often.

              Not having actually sat down, he begins his turn as they are dismissed. When Zoey asks for who is in what vehicle, he can't help himself, "Why?" But rather than press the issue, he says, "I will be in the APC."

              Once everyone is back in place, Grant waits until they actually pull out of the city limits, not wanting to be caught in the middle of his work and have to put his stuff away and leave again.

              Over the course of the next few hours, he works his way through the spell scrolls he'd picked up. The order he goes through the scrolls is as follows:

              Lightning Arc
              Orb of Cold
              Ice
              Trance
              Call Lightning
              Power Weapon

              When the time comes for the group to enter the town, Grant puts away his spell learning materials, but doesn't move from his spot as Josie takes over the piloting role. Having experienced Josie's driving first hand, he says, "Sir Ronith said make a show of meeting the townsfolk. I don't think he means doing donuts in their town square."

              As they enter the town, Grant uses his mercantile eye to see what the town is about.

              Anthropology 49% vs 1d100:
              82
              | Scoping out the town, how the townsfolk behaving, any acting like the silver shapeshifters?
              Appraise Goods 83% vs 1d100:
              91
              | Scoping out the town, what do they sell, what do they buy?
              Barter 48% vs 1d100:
              84
              | Scoping out the town, what do they sell, what do they buy?
              Find Contraband 97% vs 1d100:
              82
              | Scoping out the town, any blackmarket signs?
              Intelligence 67% vs 1d100:
              17
              | Scoping out the town, any acting like the silver shapeshifters? Any signs of hiding something?
              Streetwise 92% vs 1d100:
              68
              | Scoping out the town, any blackmarket signs?

              Wardrobe and Grooming 62% vs 1d100:
              76
              | Adjust clothing to 'fit in'

              Grant waits until Barracuda and/or Josie exit the APC and steps out confidently, look around, breathing in the air deeply, a smile on his face as his gaze falls on whatever is before him.
              Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

              Info
              H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

              Constant Special Abilities
              • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

              Equipped Gear of Note
              MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
              6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
              User avatar
              Grant Latham
              Diamond Level Patron
              Diamond Level Patron
               
              Posts: 437
              Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
              Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

              Re: The Search Is On.

              Postby Weiss » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:29 pm

              Perception 50% 1d100:
              49

              JIC 1d100:
              4
              1d20:
              6


              Weiss hugs his son goodbye, both holding onto each for a bit.

              "Bring her back please!" Zac sobs

              "If I can, I will."


              He hops into the driver's seat and manoeuvres the APC out of Merctown

              Pilot: Tanks & APCs 61% 1d100:
              16

              Sensory Equipment 74% 1d100:
              2


              Ronith wrote: Ronith will check-in with Weiss once, about 45 minutes after they leave MercTown, and ask for a status report.


              Weiss provides updates as they drive, initially quiet but he begins talking to remain focused.

              Beltin Delhomme wrote: Beltin trusts Weiss to operate the heavy carrier and for his presence to be of secondary importance. Should the pilot wish for conversation, Beltin will entertain with small talk and/or finding out more about Weiss and his time prior to H4H.


              Weiss is full of stories from his old merc days, a couple of them sound crazy even for Rifts Earth; at one point he talks about working for one unit early in his career with the Beauty whereby they and two other units had routed a bandit attack then had to take the town they were defending as their leader did not have enough money. It is only after Weiss finishes the story that you realise that he is talking working for Draco's Defenders and the town they took was Merctown!

              Beltin Delhomme wrote:"How much time do you need to start up Beauty if we need her? Is there a way to partially power her up? Minus only her pilot of course." the young investigator asks Weiss with genuine concern, "Frontal approaches, Sir Ronith's preferred tactic for engagement, has inherent timing challenges. Should combat break out, seconds matter."


              Weiss looks over at his co-driver

              "I can boot her up ready to go at a few seconds notice. However, it will leave her vulnerable for somebody else to take control."


              Beltin Delhomme wrote: If needed, Beltin is not beyond asking Weiss for support in this venture. He knows that the robot pilot likely has significantly great knowledge in this area than he. "Maybe not fully active, but is there a way that we can get this radio scrambler set up so that when we need it, we just need to put in the scrambling frequency?" Beltin asks naively. In his thirst for knowledge, he hopes Weiss will elaborate a bit about the underlying theory of how the scrambler works.


              "Let me have a look at the model," Weiss asks as he looks it over, tinkering with a couple of settings.

              "Now you can do this one of two ways; the easiest and most noticeable is to flood the local airwaves. Depending on the strength of the interference we can generate, some transmitters might still be strong enough to punch through it. This can be done gradually so initially it can seem like atmospheric interference or just go straight to full power. The other option is you can tactically pinpoint specific frequencies. Most people would not notice as presumably for these things, the frequencies would not be commonly used ones otherwise that would make them easy to track. What we would have to do is scan across a wide range to find any command and control signal if indeed they are not autonomous. That does not mean they will shut down though as even Skelebots can function without orders.

              Once you are covering an area, generally if you have the equipment you can at least pinpoint the general area affected. That means either keeping the APC on the move or dig in."


              Weiss looks back at the armour he has stored in one of the lockers.

              "I was considering my options; the Crusader armour can take more punishment, but the T4 can jam those signals. Ben can also do it need be, so we have flexibility here."

              As they arrive, Weiss parks a few miles away and ponders their next move.

              "Alright, we need to rendezvous with Sirroco, hell even find him first. That seems to be more your areas of expertise." He points to Jack and Beltin
              viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

              HP: 32
              SDC: 54

              Active:
              Clock calendar
              Gyro Compass
              User avatar
              Weiss
              Diamond Level Patron
              Diamond Level Patron
               
              Posts: 247
              Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
              Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

              Re: The Search Is On.

              Postby Barracuda » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:45 pm

              Perception: 1d100:
              10
              /43% (58% underwater)
              JIC: 1d20:
              3
              /1d100:
              11


              Ashlynn wrote:She stands near Barracuda and whispers, "Is she always so cranky?"

              "Sometimes, I think the elementals keep her up at night. It's never anything important."

              At the summation of the meeting, he turns to Ash and says "See? Not important."

              He hops in the APC, making sure the Wave Strider Armor is secured and his various weapons and accessories are stashed away.

              Barracuda rests for most of the ride there. Once Josie gets the team to the village, he gets himself ready. Helmet under arm and King Tide strapped to his back, he exits the vehicle with Grant and Josie. He takes stock of what lies around. If he sees any locals, he'll ask "Excuse me! We're from...well, not here. And we were wondering where the best bite to eat around here is? And maybe the market?"
              Barracuda
              Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
              SDC: 121/121
              HP: 23/23
              Critical Strike: 18-20



              Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
              Image

              Ledger
              User avatar
              Barracuda
              Diamond Level Patron
              Diamond Level Patron
               
              Posts: 360
              Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
              Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

              Re: The Search Is On.

              Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:18 am

              Perception: 1d100:
              75
              vs 39%
              JIC: 1d20:
              7
              and 1d100:
              17


              Jack sits at the table wholly prepared for the talk, We are professionals. No throwing pickles at workers. Blah blah Blah. Let's get this over with already.

              Zoe Barenger wrote:Zoe stands at the front of the room while the group gathers. Once everyone is settled, she raises her hand. ’Thank you all for coming. I know it seems redundant, but i just want to make sure you have all your issues in order. It all is settled, then time to go. I will leave you to it.” She then motions with her hand that they may go.


              When Zoe motions they can go Jack is confused, Wait. What? I don't. What the heck just happened? Jack stands up and slowly leaves the room silently watching Zoe. Is she a terminator? Did they get her? As Jack passes Zoe he reaches back and pinches her arm, then quickly taking off, running in fear. I might be better if she is, she is gonna be so pissed when I get back if she isn't. Jack crack a wry smirk under his face buff as he hops on the boar. I'll soften that lady up sooner or later.

              Zoe Barenger wrote:As H4H move to thier prospective rides for the trip, they again see Zoe standing by a table. ”As you are loading up, i need a list of who is riding in what. Also anything you may need that you didnt get yet. I will get it to you enroute.” with that said, Zoe turns and starts typing on a tablet.


              When Zoe asks for the riding order he ducks and calls out, "Jack is on the boar!" Then pulls out into the road and backs up to allow the group to ride in front of him. Jack keys up the team frequency on his radio, "The caboose is in position, I'll watch the back side as we roll."

              For most of the trip Jack rides close behind the APC, about 100 yards back behind watching the sides of the road for any ambush along the way. If he sees something suspicious, he will immediately radio it in. Assuming the ride is uneventful, Jack rides along enjoying being out of the city. All that time I spent loving the city, now it is so foreign. Like a stick suit jacket. Confining and restricting. Reconvinced of his true love for the outdoors jack smiles big.

              Ronith wrote:”Moving to phase two. Minimal radio comms. until rendezvous.”


              When Ronith Radios the group Jack’s smile melts away, Well, all good things come to end sooner or later. Don’t they Jack?” Realizing they are getting close Jack straightens up and focuses on the task of watch the APC. Could the whole town be, shape shifters? jack wonders. Jack closes the distance between himself and the APC, pulling up to about 50 yards away. An maintains that distance as they finish the trip and pull into town.
              When they finally reach the rendezvous point and The APC stops Jack pulls up behind and scans the area for any threats. The door opens and he sees Beltin and Weiss discussing armor.

              Weiss wrote:"Alright, we need to rendezvous with Sirroco, hell even find him first. That seems to be more your areas of expertise." He points to Jack and Beltin


              When Weiss points to Jack he chuckles loudly, ”I can track people but I’m not a DNA blood hound.” Jack shakes he head slowly, ”Maybe, I can ride deeper into town and find the local sheriff or police and tell them I am looking for my uncle Sirroco. It’s an option.” Jack pauses for a second, ”We could just roll the rest of the way into town and pretend to be tourists? Maybe grab some breakfast?” Jack looks inside the APC behind Beltin and Weiss and calls out, ”Anyone else hungry?” When he asks the question Shadow’s head pops out of his ferret satchel around his neck and shoulder. Jack looks down, ”You are always hungry. Get back in there.” Jack smiles

              Skills
              Detect Ambush 55% vs 1d100:
              85
              – Watch along the way for possible ambush locations.
              [H.P.: 17/17
              S.D.C.: 59/59
              Perception: 30%
              Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

              Character Sheet
              Saving Throw Bonuses
              • Coma/Death: +10%
              • Magic (varies):
              • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
              • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
              • Insanity (12+): +1
              • Psionics (varies): +1
              • Horror Factor (varies):

              Combat Data
              • HTH Type: Expert
              • Number of Attacks: 5
              • Initiative Bonus: +1
              • Strike Bonus: +3
              • Parry Bonus: +5
              • Dodge Bonus: +5
              • HTH Damage Bonus:
              • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
              • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
              • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
              • Bonus to Disarm:
              • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

              NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
              M.D.C. by Location:
              • Head/Helmet - 50/50
              • Arms -30 /30
              • Legs - 40/40
              • Main Body -60 /60
              User avatar
              Jack McDermott
              Diamond Level Patron
              Diamond Level Patron
               
              Posts: 147
              Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

              Re: The Search Is On.

              Postby Ashlynn » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:44 am

              Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100:
              64
              (SUCCESS)

              JIC: 1d20:
              2

              1d100:
              8


              Barracuda wrote:"Sometimes, I think the elementals keep her up at night. It's never anything important."


              Ashlynn giggles despite herself, in the face of the seriousness of the meeting.

              Zoe wrote:’Thank you all for coming. I know it seems redundant, but i just want to make sure you have all your issues in order. It all is settled, then time to go. I will leave you to it.”


              Barracuda wrote:"See? Not important."


              Ashlynn snort-laughs at this, then smacks Barracuda's upper arm. "You're gonna get me in trouble!"

              Zac wrote:"Bring her back please!"


              As Weiss says his farewells to his son, Ashlynn looks on with mixed emotions. If... when... we find her... they won't need me any more. Will they?

              She approaches Zac, and kneels down so they are face to face. "I made you a promise, Zac. An' I NEVER break my promises." With that, she gives him a firm hug, and stands, grabbing her gear. "We'll bring her home."

              Ashlynn loads up into the APC, making sure to shout really loudly "ZOE I'M IN THE APC SEE YA BYE!" as they go.

              She spends much of the trip in the APC's turret, surveying the countryside as they go, and chatting idly to Huey in her lap - telling him of her former group - the Myrmidon's Might: Pangur Ban, Ishmael, Hagbard, and T'avi - who had raised her after finding her orphaned in a destroyed settlement.

              When Ronith radios that they're moving on to phase two, and he and Josie peel off toward the village, Ashlynn begins to get anxious. This is it... we're gonna find Jazia and bring her home.... She whispers to Huey "I hope she likes me".

              As they continue the approach, Ashlynn's knee bounces rapidly as she checks and re-checks her gear - including the magic sword she brought that was given to her in Dweomer.

              OOC Comments
              Any stats on this blade yet? Gonna be real hard for me to fight with it if I can't roll damage.


              Grant wrote: "Sir Ronith said make a show of meeting the townsfolk. I don't think he means doing donuts in their town square."


              When they arrive near town and disembark the APC, Ashlynn hops out, a bundle of energy. She immediately looks around to get a sense of the general atmosphere of the people here.

              Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100:
              61
              (SUCCESS)
              Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100:
              48
              (SUCCESS)
              Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100:
              1
              (CRIT SUCCESS)

              With Weiss and Beltin, she proceeds to the rendez-vous with Scirocco. "So... what do we know about this guy? outskirts of society type? Not fond of visitors type? ... absolutely nothing?"
              Ashlynn
              AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

              H.P.: 45/45
              S.D.C.: 68/68


              TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
              M.D.C. by Location:
              • Helmet: 45/45
              • Arms: 40/40 each
              • Legs: 45/45 each
              • Main Body: 100/100
              Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
              Features:
              • All Features of Triax EBA
              • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
              • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
              • Infrared & thermal masking

              N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
              M.D.C. by Location:
                Force Field: 75
              Features:
                10 hour duration per E-clip
              User avatar
              Ashlynn
              Gold Level Patron
              Gold Level Patron
               
              Posts: 242
              Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

              Re: The Search Is On.

              Postby Josie » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:57 pm

              JIC D20: 1d20:
              6

              JIC D100: 1d100:
              19

              Perception 37%: 1d100:
              29


              Josie secures what little equipment she needs into the APC.she inspects her bike one last time as it warms up. Once everyone is ready to live out, Josie speeds off with Ronith, ahead of the main group. During most of the ride she leaves her helmet off. Allowing the wind in her face and hair. When Josie gets about two miles away from the town, she'll put on her helmet. On the drive by Josie will note anything out of place or possible locations if need be she will use her bike's jumping feature to get a better vantage point. Once she has passed the town, Josie opens up the throttle and pushes her bike to the max speed before making wide berth back around towards the APC.Josie returns and meets up with the APC to start phase two. She secures her bike before taking the controls over from Weiss.

              "This is going to seem like a snail's pace compared to my bike. Don't take all the fun. Leave some for me at least."

              Grant wrote:"Sir Ronith said make a show of meeting the townsfolk. I don't think he means doing donuts in their town square."


              Josie gives grany a confused look before turning into a scowl.

              "You just shush it now! Why do want to take a girls fun away? I mean, I'm not even sure if this thing can but it sure would be thrill trying. If I cant do doughnuts than can I do some drifing? If not event that, then can I at least play some music though the pa system? Like this song."

              Josie quickly flips a couple of switches and plays a song through the APC's speakers. Looking foward, she drives into town. She makes a spectical the entrance, with in the confines the get set forth. Josie parks the APC. She checks her pistol and secures her helmet. She than walks out and takes a look around.

              Ashlynn wrote:"HOO BOY is it GOOD to stretch my legs! What a cute little town!" Upon seeing a boulder, she adds, "I like that boulder! That is a NICE boulder?"


              "Stretching our legs IS good but I'm just glad were not in that APC anymore. That thing is too damn slow for me to be in there for too long. Then you do seem like your easy to please. I just see a rock but hey, to each their own."

              Pilot: Combat Jump Bike 76% / 1d100:
              98
              - if jumping her bike helps get a better view
              Pilot: Tanks & APCs 65% / 1d100:
              57
              - make a spectacle of the entrance and approach
              Navigation 71% / 1d100:
              38
              - find the easiest rout to town.
              Josie
               

              Re: The Search Is On.

              Postby Zoe Barenger » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:48 pm

              The drive is a pleasant and uneventful through a couple very small towns, a lot of farmland as well as some alien plants, and animals that seem to have been rifted here and then flourished. Noone special senses go off as they travel, almost putting the group in a stupor from boredom.
              As they pass others, people just stop and stare as this large and impressive line of vehicles passes through. There are no threats, just alot of uncomfortable stares.

              Once the team gets to within the desired range of the village, they go about doing thier thing. Ronith looks around with a trained aye. Finally settling on a copse of trees up on a small ridge line overlooking the village. Weiss gets to work setting up their electronic security. Grant gives a little sigh as he gathers up his stuff and preps to exit the vehicle. As he looks thru the window, he doesnt see anything out of the ordinary, well, ordinary for a small village. The market seems to have a mix of fresh goods, basic adventuring gear, but in amongst the stalls there is the occasional piece of tech. With a trained eye, Grant estimates the tech level is about late 20th century. So far, no one sees anything hinkey going on.



              As the vehicle stops, villagers stop what they are doing and watch. After a few minutes, you notices the crowd growing. Within 10 mins, it appears as the entire village as come to see the mercs who just pulled in. A,monst the crowd is whispering, pointing, and staring. S the heroes exit the vehicle, the whole crowd seems to move back as one. There are a few moments of awkward silence. Then an older (60ish) gentlemen makes his way thru the crowd to stand in front.

              With a quick tug, the gentlemen tries to straighten hiss frumpy appearance as he speaks. ”Ahem… um… Good day. My name is Philippe Piccolo. I have been nominated to speak to you. So… Who are you and why have you come/”


              ((GM NOte: LEARNING HOW TO POST PICS, WILL INCLUDE IN NEXT POST. :) ))
              Heroes for Hire AGM

              Do not PM this account; PM Underguard.
              User avatar
              Zoe Barenger
              Assistant Game Master
               
              Posts: 195
              Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
              Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

              Re: The Search Is On.

              Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:12 am

              Perception: 1d100:
              18
              vs 39%
              JIC: 1d20:
              6
              and 1d100:
              19


              Before the APC gets to town Jack breaks off from the group. He rides around the town just outside looking for a decent place to perch and watch the town and the group from up high. Jack looks first for something with some elevation, if he can not find anything he looks for cover. No mater what he picks he will make sure to be no further than 1,500 ft from the anticipated location of the group. Jack thinks to himself while looking, Gotta to stay close enough to be effective should something go wrong. Eyes are good, but if that is all I can offer, then there has to be a better place.

              Whenever Jack sees viable options he will travel the last bit on foot to stay quiet and not draw attention. Once he find a decent location he will radio to Ronith, "In position,"

              If Jack is unable to find a suitable place to perch or hide he will radio to Ronith, "No viable cover. Location too far. Advise further."

              Once he has located the appropriate spot Jack settles in, prepares his new swarm bow my loading an MDC bolt so he is ready if needed. he double checks to make sure his tesla bow is with in reach as is his new Plasma ejector. Feeling confident he is prepared should combat break out he starts to look around at what he can see of the village.

              Jack looks for any building that may be ambush points for the group. he looks at the structures to see if the construction has been altered to conceal anything. Jack looks at the surrounding areas around the building to se if anything looks out of place and may be used as concealment. If he sees anything he will immediately radio into Ronith what the threat might be and where it is.

              Once Jack is satisfied he has examined the main structures of the town, he will pull out his Wilk's gun site and flip the thermos optics on and scan the crowd to see if there is anyone in the crown not giving off heat.

              Skills
              Prowl 55% vs 1d100:
              99
              - Move quietly in the surrounding brush of the village so he isn't detected.
              Detect Ambush 55% vs 1d100:
              42
              - Look at the town building to see if there are any possible locations.
              Detect Concealment 50% vs 1d100:
              74
              - Look at the town buildings to see if there is anything being concealed in the construction of them or around the building themselves.
              [H.P.: 17/17
              S.D.C.: 59/59
              Perception: 30%
              Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

              Character Sheet
              Saving Throw Bonuses
              • Coma/Death: +10%
              • Magic (varies):
              • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
              • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
              • Insanity (12+): +1
              • Psionics (varies): +1
              • Horror Factor (varies):

              Combat Data
              • HTH Type: Expert
              • Number of Attacks: 5
              • Initiative Bonus: +1
              • Strike Bonus: +3
              • Parry Bonus: +5
              • Dodge Bonus: +5
              • HTH Damage Bonus:
              • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
              • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
              • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
              • Bonus to Disarm:
              • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

              NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
              M.D.C. by Location:
              • Head/Helmet - 50/50
              • Arms -30 /30
              • Legs - 40/40
              • Main Body -60 /60
              User avatar
              Jack McDermott
              Diamond Level Patron
              Diamond Level Patron
               
              Posts: 147
              Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

              PreviousNext

              Return to H4H Archive

              Who is online

              Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests