The Search Is On.

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:16 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 50
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 2


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Empathy | RUE 172 | 100' area | 18 min
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | 60' surface thoughts, 460' two telepathic communication | 18 min


Grant waits patiently as the crowd begins to form, letting the bulk of the APC loom behind him as he observes the town. As he sees the apprehensive expressions on the townsfolk's face he realizes just what kind of impression they must make. You always here tales where a handful of brigands walk into a town with some basic military hardware and declare themselves the lords of the land. Our arrival must not look much different. He considers for a moment, what magic he might use, he could generate an aura of charisma to gain these people's trust, but decides against it. Instead, he activates his psychic abilities of Empathy (4 I.S.P. 100' area, 18 min) and Telepathy (4 I.S.P. 60' surface thoughts, 460' two telepathic communication). He uses the power of empathy take in the emotions of the gathered townsfolk, but makes no effort to read any of their thoughts, instead he reaches out to Sir Ronith and Beltin. Barracuda, Josie, and I are in the town, it looks like the townsfolk are waiting for someone to come greet us.

Phillipe Piccolo wrote:With a quick tug, the gentlemen tries to straighten hiss frumpy appearance as he speaks. ”Ahem… um… Good day. My name is Philippe Piccolo. I have been nominated to speak to you. So… Who are you and why have you come?”


Invoke Trust 60% vs 1d100 = 32 | Make Friends

Grant walks up to the man, the mage's face clearly visible. As he nears, Grant holds out his hand to shake and says, "It is a good day, thank you for the greeting Mr. Piccolo. My name is Grant, Grant Latham." As they shake hands, he thinks, We may as well trade on our team's good name. "My friends and are a part of a mercenary group that hails out of Merc-Town, Heroes 4 Hire." He deliberately doesn't mention Sir Ronith, but if asked where Sir Ronith is, Grant says, "Oh, he likes to travel at his own pace and hates being in the confines of the APC. He will probably rejoin us later, unless he has found a damsel or two in distress somewhere."

Grant moves on with the conversation, continuing to smile "This is just a way-point for us, we've traveled a considerable distance today, and when we saw were coming up upon your town, we decided to stop and see what there is to see. If it is okay with yourself and your good townsfolk, we will probably stay the night and continue on in the morning. Is there an inn, or any places to eat here?"

As he's talking, Grant opens his mystical third eye and casts his gaze upon Mr. Piccolo, and those townsfolk looking for any sign of magic. To Josie, and then Barracuda, he mentally asks, Anyone look out of place to you?
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:49 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 92
PER: 1d100 = 12 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Prowl- 1d100 = 42 vs. 101%
To remain unobserved/undetected
Intelligence- 1d100 = 81 vs. 106%
To look for any suspicious buildings/individuals

Ronith maintains radio silence as he gets into position near the copse of trees. First order of business will be to conceal his hovercycle- he will leave it just inside the copse and use any loose branches or vegetation in a halfhearted effort to try and conceal it. Then, Ronith will look for somewhere where he can sit, remain out of sight, and observe the village.

Ronith will first watch the team’s approach, and remove his helmet so that his amplified hearing implants will pick up as much of the conversation as possible. It seems innocuous enough, anyway. So far, so good… Satisfied that the villagers are no more than the simple country folk they appear to be, Ronith turns his attention from the rest of the team and scans the village for anyone else. Anyone who isn’t excited to see the mercenaries, ignores their arrival, or appears to be in a hurry to get somewhere. As needed, Ronith will creep closer to the village if he can do so without being seen, but his top priority will be to remain unobserved and see what he can learn about the village (and their targets) when they think no-one’s watching.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 58/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:54 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 33/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 8 | 1d100 = 58%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Radiate their Nature [relaxed]
  • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magical Energy. 1d100 = 86 | 90%. Range: 900/1900 ft.
Stats
  • T-21 M.D.C.:
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Rear Jet Pack (1): 50/50
    • Chest Headlight (1): 2/2
    • *Head: 60/60
    • Main Body: 170/170
      *Requires a called shot at -3 to strike
  • I.S.P.: 298/298
Active Magic and Psionics

Weiss wrote:"Alright, we need to rendezvous with Sirroco, hell even find him first. That seems to be more your areas of expertise." He points to Jack and Beltin

Beltin's face scrunches up, "If we had something affiliated with Scirocco, like a photo or used handkerchief, I may be able to divine his location. But we seem to be relying solely on Whyne's knowledge of the acquaintance. So I'm afraid my abilities won't translate very well. We are likely going to have to do it the old fashioned way and either ask someone directly or lurk in the periphery in hopes that we get some manner of clue." Though I am glad that I have yet to find the need to commune with a used handkerchief to attempt to locate someone.

Without too much to go off of, Beltin nonetheless believes that they ought to be able to complete their portion of the mission. When the time comes, he slips out of the APC along with Weiss and Ashlynn.
Ashlynn wrote:With Weiss and Beltin, she proceeds to the rendez-vous with Scirocco. "So... what do we know about this guy? outskirts of society type? Not fond of visitors type? ... absolutely nothing?"

During the hike ((20 minutes was it?)), Beltin shrugs his shoulders, "Sounds like the gruff type. Since Whyne did not want Scirocco interacting with Sir Ronith, perhaps the contact is a bit of a derelict or law-averse. I'm guessing that this is going to be where your skills will shine, Ashlynn. I look forward to seeing them in action."

After walking in silence for a little bit and seeing the town cresting their line of sight, the young investigator decides to tap Ashlynn's experience some more, "What do you think Ashlynn?" Beltin asks gesturing at the 'ordinary' village. "Small village, I'm guessing everyone knows everyone else. If we go straight into town asking for Scirocco, everyone in the village will know by sunset. We should try to find him without interacting with too many of the locals. Do you have a sense of where a 'rough around the edges' 'recon specialist' would decide to set down and call home?"

Land Navigation. 84% | 1d100 = 14 <== Evaluate landscape. Determine best 'high ground' to build a home.

A hilltop somewhere? Where one could always see an enemy coming? Or maybe deep within the woods where traps and alarms could be prepared so the notice wouldn't require so much vigilance. Can't say I've ever been one for hoofing it around the wilderness. In fact, I'm not sure I would do very well if I were left stranded somewhere... But you know who would...

Beltin's internal monologue triggers a thought. Jack has been scouting the area. I bet he thinks along the same lines as Scirocco. Perhaps he has found a place that if forced to, he would call 'home'. If there is evidence of a domicile anywhere near there, that would likely be a good place to start. The young investigator is about to activate his comms when Sir Ronith's command of minimal radio communication rings through his mind. Telepathy then.... here's hoping Jack is within range of my abilities. ((Telepathy: Superior. 1100' two-way communication. 18.00 min. -8 ISP.))

Should Beltin feel Jack's mind to be within range, the young investigator will reach out. Jack, this is Beltin. I apologize for the intrusion in your mind, but we require your unique perspective. You have been scouting the village and likely have a good lay of the land. The individual we seek, Scirocco, is considered to be 'rough around the edges' and a 'recon specialist'. So if you were the independent sort of fella like that and wanted to live somewhere in the vicinity of the village, where would you lay your head down? Might you be able to give us some options for where we should explore? I'd prefer we find the individual on our own and not just waltz into town to ask someone. Because that would defeat the purpose of Grant's dog and pony show which is supposed to draw the attention of the majority of the villagers.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:28 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 50 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 68


Beltin wrote:"If we had something affiliated with Scirocco, like a photo or used handkerchief, I may be able to divine his location. But we seem to be relying solely on Whyne's knowledge of the acquaintance. So I'm afraid my abilities won't translate very well. We are likely going to have to do it the old fashioned way and either ask someone directly or lurk in the periphery in hopes that we get some manner of clue. Sounds like the gruff type. Since Whyne did not want Scirocco interacting with Sir Ronith, perhaps the contact is a bit of a derelict or law-averse. I'm guessing that this is going to be where your skills will shine, Ashlynn. I look forward to seeing them in action."


Ashlynn nods. "Yeah - she didn't give us much to go on. I can ask after him I guess, see what shakes loose."

Beltin wrote:"What do you think Ashlynn? Small village, I'm guessing everyone knows everyone else. If we go straight into town asking for Scirocco, everyone in the village will know by sunset. We should try to find him without interacting with too many of the locals. Do you have a sense of where a 'rough around the edges' 'recon specialist' would decide to set down and call home?"


Ashlynn nods. "I been through more of these towns than I can remember. Problem is everyone knows everyone - if we ask after him, he'll know about it maybe before we set eyes on him - so we need to have someone watch the perimeter in case he bolts."

Ashlynn will examine the town, looking for potential places where a person like Scirocco might hang out - taverns, restaurants, and the like. These fringe settlements are always the same... but it's not usually too hard to find folk in places like this. Getting him to open up to us might be a bit more difficult, but if we tell him we got his contact from Whyne he might be more keen... and if we throw some credits his way, even moreso.

She will follow Beltin and Weiss' lead, entering the town if they choose to, but will seek to avoid the interaction with the apparent town greeter occupying the attentions of those in the APC. He could be sent to waste their time while Scirocco slips away, if he's expecting us.

As she walks into town, she gives the locals a once-over
OOC Comments
I included these rolls in my last post but they seem to have been ignored - including one which was a crit. success. If I saw people, I should've gotten results. I am posting new rolls.


Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 76 (FAIL)
Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 17 (SUCCESS)
Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 93 (FAIL)

If her scrutiny reveals that anyone seems "off", she will examine them more closely.

I.D. Undercover Agent 68% 1d100 = 22 (to spot if anyone is pretending to be someone/something they're not - SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 68% 1d100 = 47 (to spot if anyone is pretending to be someone/something they're not - SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 68% 1d100 = 50 (to spot if anyone is pretending to be someone/something they're not - SUCCESS)

Streetwise 58% 1d100 = 68 (to spot any runners/lookouts/etc. who react to our arrival - FAIL)
Streetwise 58% 1d100 = 49 (to spot any runners/lookouts/etc. who react to our arrival - SUCCESS)
Streetwise 58% 1d100 = 86 (to spot any runners/lookouts/etc. who react to our arrival - FAIL)

[u]If Beltin, Weiss, and Ashlynn (specifically - not the APC group as a whole) are approached by anyone, Ashlynn will say "Hi! My name is Ashlynn! We're looking for a man named Scirocco - have you seen him around?"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 54

Barracuda looks to Grant, then the crowd, then Josie, then the crowd again. "Wow. All this for us?" Barracuda watches as Grant goes to speak with the town representative and looks at the reactions of the gathered crowd to H4H's sudden appearance in their town. He looks around past the crowd at the town behind them to get an understanding of its layout. He also looks the crowd over for any signs of weirdness like he observed with the dockhands.

Grant Latham wrote:To Josie, and then Barracuda, he mentally asks, Anyone look out of place to you?

Based on his observations, Barracuda will either shake his head "No" or "Yes" to answer Grant.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:50 pm

JIC D20: 1d20 = 16
JIC D100: 1d100 = 43
Perception 40%: 1d100 = 80

Josie scans the crowd with her helmets multi visual options. She keeps an eye out for anything out of place. She is particularly looking for anyone that acts like the adversary down at the docks and warehouse. She also keeps a lookout for any potential attack. She flinches as the crowd takes a step back.

Man is this town drab. Wonder if they got a gambling hall?

Grant wrote:Anyone look out of place to you?


Josie quickly turns her head and then realizes that it was in her head. She shakes her head to indicate if she has spotted anyone.
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Zoe Barenger » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:01 pm

The towns people look excited and frightened at the same time. As Grant steps out, there is a collective “ohh” sound. Apparently this is a big deal to these folk. While Grant does his intro, the rest of the team go to work. Jack finally locates a good spot for himself. It is atop one of the old west saloon type buildings. Settling in behind his makeshift cover, he prepares his swarm bow for quick use, as well as putting his other firepower in reach, if needed. Looking around, he realizes that this is the center of town. Everywhere is an ambush spot, but no signs of an ambush now. Using his scope, he looks over the crowd. After a few passes, he hits a cold spot.

”Jack”
on the porch across from jack is a figure in a chair, apparently asleep. The fiqure has a dog of some kind beside him. Neither give off heat.


Grant approaches with the feeling of as well as the actions of an old friend returning, instead of an armed intruder. Those watching see Piccolo’s body language instantly relax. He turns back to the crowd. With some hand waving in a “shushing” motion, ”Good people!! These people are here as guests. Calm, and go back to your day. I will explain more later.” It takes a few moments but the crowd disperses. As they go, Piccolo turns to Grant. ”My apologies. We dont get visitors such as you everyday. It is a bit of a big deal to us simple folk. “ Returning Grants hand shake as he speaks. When Grant has finished, Piccolo releases his hand with a sheepish look after a moment of awkwardness. ((Empathy reads embarrassment and awe))’sorry. Aherm.. Yes. I believe we can make that happen. Our biggest and best hotel is right behind you there. Go make yourselves comfortable.” He straighentes his clothing ((and confidence)) , then with a polite nod, he starts to head off. ”If you will pardon me. I have some paperwork to finish. This is a big day.”

Ronith watches all this with amusement. As he observes the area, his instincts tell him something is up. Not danger but off. After a moment he sees what may be causing it. There is a 3 player card game happening behind one building between Ronith and the meet. The game is being played, but noone playing is looking at the cards. Two are staring at the wall between them and the meet, the last has his head on a swivel, as in looking around.

Josie just watches from her position. Unfortunately sees nothing

Ashlynn gives everyone the old stink eye as she also watches the crowd. Just before the mayor walks away, she gets a “hit”. There is a few shady people here. Most she chalks up to being common riffraff. All towns have low level crime of one kind or another. Then she sees it.

There is one man leaning in a doorway to the hotel. He is looking directly at her. When their eyes catch each other, his eyes go large and he ducks into the building. Grant gets a feeling of fear from amongst all the awe, worry, and excitement. Meanwhile, he “sees” nothing from Piccolo. The man is mundane.

Ashlynn's eyes then see two small figures scurry away from the meet area and duck behind some buildings about a block away. Probably street urchins….but you never know.

Barracuda sees nothing but a large crowd, that after a few moments starts to disappear. There is a flash of movement out of the corner of his eye, then his new robot dog, takes off out the APC door and down the street.

GM EDIT --
Beltin takes his time to survey the land. As the others do their thing, he uses his skills and know-how to solve this particular issue. After a few seconds, Beltin decides that the most likely place would be outside of town. Well, going by the info they have at the fingertips. If he hadmore to go on, Beltin may be able to narrow down his search.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Weiss » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:20 pm

Perception: 50% 1d100 = 48
JIC 1d100 = 100 1d20 = 7

As they wait, he looks at how to modify the firing mechanism of the flamethrower to usable by the Blue Beauty as well.

Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 79% 1d100 = 45


Beltin Delhomme wrote:"If we had something affiliated with Scirocco, like a photo or used handkerchief, I may be able to divine his location. But we seem to be relying solely on Whyne's knowledge of the acquaintance. So I'm afraid my abilities won't translate very well. We are likely going to have to do it the old fashioned way and either ask someone directly or lurk in the periphery in hopes that we get some manner of clue."


"Guess we'll literally have to do some legwork," Weiss grins, as he gathers up his gear; best not to take the flamethrower, gives the wrong impression. Do not want

As Beltin exits the APC, it dawns on Weiss what he said.

"What a second, did you say Whyne? That's not who..." but Beltin had already left the vehicle. Weiss sighs and heads after him. He looks over at Ash and shakes his head.

"Let's catch up with him before he says the wrong thing to the wrong person."#

Weiss hurries out of the APC and locks it down. We need some camo for this vehicle. Otherwise anybody could just blunder across it.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Sounds like the gruff type. Since Whyne did not want Scirocco interacting with Sir Ronith, perhaps the contact is a bit of a derelict or law-averse. I'm guessing that this is going to be where your skills will shine, Ashlynn. I look forward to seeing them in action."


"Actually, Whyne did not provide this information. A contact of mine did. Using Whyne's name will get you nowhere with this guy."

As they search for Sirocco, Weiss tries to be charming and help where he can.

OOC Comments
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100 = 7
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:57 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 95


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Empathy | RUE 172 | 100' area | 18 min
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | 60' surface thoughts, 460' two telepathic communication | 18 min


<<A time check next GM post for active spells and psionics would be great>>

Piccolo wrote:Grant approaches with the feeling of as well as the actions of an old friend returning, instead of an armed intruder. Those watching see Piccolo’s body language instantly relax. He turns back to the crowd. With some hand waving in a “shushing” motion, ”Good people!! These people are here as guests. Calm, and go back to your day. I will explain more later.” It takes a few moments but the crowd disperses. As they go, Piccolo turns to Grant. ”My apologies. We dont get visitors such as you everyday. It is a bit of a big deal to us simple folk. “ Returning Grants hand shake as he speaks. When Grant has finished, Piccolo releases his hand with a sheepish look after a moment of awkwardness. ((Empathy reads embarrassment and awe))’sorry. Aherm.. Yes. I believe we can make that happen. Our biggest and best hotel is right behind you there. Go make yourselves comfortable.” He straighentes his clothing ((and confidence)) , then with a polite nod, he starts to head off. ”If you will pardon me. I have some paperwork to finish. This is a big day.”

...

Grant gets a feeling of fear from amongst all the awe, worry, and excitement. Meanwhile, he “sees” nothing from Piccolo. The man is mundane.


"Thank you Mr. Piccolo," Grant says as Piccolo indicates where the hotel is. The town is large enough to support more than one hotel? Interesting the mage muses. Then he replays the words spoken back in his mind, Grant's brows furrow a bit, and then he asks, "I am sorry Mr. Piccolo, did you say today is a big day? Is there a special event happening today?"

After Piccolo walks away, Grant says loudly, "Barracuda, Josie, I am going to check out the hotel." Mentally to the two of them he says, The townsfolk appear to be reacting as expected to a bunch of strangers, the standard mix of fear and excitement. He turns and walks into the building (Barring anything Josie or Barracuda say to make him stop.)

Inside, he examines the lobby, looks to see if there is a restaurant, or other amenities in the building, then moves to the front desk, and greets the person there, "Hello, what rooms do you have available?"
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:21 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 95 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 95

As Ashlynn scans the crowd, her eyes alight upon a man standing by the hotel, who then ducks into the building. Ashlynn frowns. Shenudges Beltin and/or Weiss, and points to the hotel. "We've been made."

Grant wrote: "Barracuda, Josie, I am going to check out the hotel."


Ashlynn speaks up, trotting up to Grant. "Sounds like a good idea! I'll come with ya!"

As she approaches Grant, she whispers "There's a guy in there who spotted us and ducked inside - I wanna get a better look at him."

He may not be Scirrocco - but he might be. And if he's planning to skip town it's better if we grab him quick.

Ashlynn strides purposefully to the hotel alongside grant - not running, but not strolling - and, once inside, she scans the crowd for the individual she just saw.

Streetwise 58% 1d100 = 18 (catch him making a quick escape? - SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 68% 1d100 = 22 (see if he's 'hiding in plain sight' - sequestered within another group or using people as cover - SUCCESS)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5 vs 42%
JIC: 1d20 = 8 and 1d100 = 79

When Jack sees the cold figures a chill runs up his spine, he keys the radio tot he team frequency and says "I got snowmen! Cold targets. Sleeping man and canine. Advise on target. Watch your backs!" Jack takes a moment to scan the town for the team. He looks for any possible threats moving toward the team. Is it Dracula? Day light. Terminator sleeping? Playing possum? After a brief scan, and if he doesn't see an immediate threat to the team Jack will turn his attention back to the cold man sleeping.

Should I? Probably not. But I want too. Jack watches the man sleeping while he considers sending an arrow at him. Maybe the dog? But I don't want to give us away. But it could be fun. It could be bad too! Jack keys up the team radio again, "Permission to engage?" he asks firmly and then listens closely.

He watches. He listens. He thinks, Maybe he is dead. And his dog. he wouldn't even notice a small prick then.

skills
Detect Concealment 50% vs 1d100 = 77 - to see if the man is hiding something.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:04 pm

(rolls carried)

Ashylnn wrote:Ashlynn speaks up, trotting up to Grant. "Sounds like a good idea! I'll come with ya!"


Grant does a quick double take, he had thought Ashlynn had left the APC with John and Beltin outside of town, but now is not the time to ask. The surprise on his face is quickly wiped away, "Sure, come on."

Ashylnn wrote:As she approaches Grant, she whispers "There's a guy in there who spotted us and ducked inside - I wanna get a better look at him."


Spotted us? Grant whispers back, "You recognized him? Let's check him out, but it maybe he's just worried about our presence here."

Jack McDermott wrote:When Jack sees the cold figures a chill runs up his spine, he keys the radio tot he team frequency and says "I got snowmen! Cold targets. Sleeping man and canine. Advise on target. Watch your backs!"
Jack keys up the team radio again, "Permission to engage?" he asks firmly and then listens closely.



The earbud squawks unexpectedly in Grant's ear at the urgent message from Jack. They are here? Ahead of us? Did John's contact send us into a trap? Grant presses the send button his own radio as he stands in the doorway to the hotel. "Jack, there are many innocent bystanders here in the town square. Are you sure it's a pair of the Retrievers?" He pauses waiting for Sir Ronith or Beltin to respond. We are already separated, if he starts a fire fight now, we may not be able to find him time to support him, and no telling how much damage to this town we'd inflict. If there's no answer from the two leaders of H4H, he clicks the radio back on, "Hold position, retreat if spotted. Give us some landmarks so we can head your direction if needed."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Josie » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:08 am

JIC D20: 1d20 = 12
JIC D100: 1d100 = 84
Perception 40%: 1d100 = 55

Grant wrote:"Barracuda, Josie, I am going to check out the hotel."


Josie nods in acknowledgment.

"You go on ahead. I'll stay here and keep the APC secure."

Josie waits and watches the crowd for a few more minutes before she returns to the APC. She heads to the cockpit. She sits down and takes off her helmet and sets it down next to her. She turns on some [url]music[/url] to pass the time. When Jack and Grant talk about possible bogies, Josie's adrenaline kicks up a bit.

"I'll do a couple of sensor sweeps. See if anything registers.

Josie starts by scanning ther area with the motions sensor and warning system. Knowing full well she will get a lot of hits. Using her higher intellect, she eliminates obvious targets. She then uses the radar detector. Josie will even use the radiation detector, on the off chance of something. Josie will relay any vital information over the radio using encryption.

Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 46 - 51% / to use motion sensor
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 93 - 51% / to use radar detector
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 61 - 51% / to use radiation detector
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 44 - 41% / to encrypt outgoing radio calls
User avatar
Josie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:48 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 31/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 | 1d100 = 59%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Radiate their Nature [relaxed]
  • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magical Energy. 1d100 = 65 | 90%. Range: 900/1900 ft.
Stats
  • T-21 M.D.C.:
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Rear Jet Pack (1): 50/50
    • Chest Headlight (1): 2/2
    • *Head: 60/60
    • Main Body: 170/170
      *Requires a called shot at -3 to strike
  • I.S.P.: 290/298
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Telepathy: Superior. 18.00 min. 550' probe. 900' two-way communication.

Telepathy to Jack last round wrote:Should Beltin feel Jack's mind to be within range, the young investigator will reach out. Jack, this is Beltin. I apologize for the intrusion in your mind, but we require your unique perspective. You have been scouting the village and likely have a good lay of the land. The individual we seek, Scirocco, is considered to be 'rough around the edges' and a 'recon specialist'. So if you were the independent sort of fella like that and wanted to live somewhere in the vicinity of the village, where would you lay your head down? Might you be able to give us some options for where we should explore? I'd prefer we find the individual on our own and not just waltz into town to ask someone. Because that would defeat the purpose of Grant's dog and pony show which is supposed to draw the attention of the majority of the villagers.

Perhaps I didn't ask the right questions. I believe I felt his mind within range. Or perhaps Jack isn't familiar with how to 'think back' after the telepathic communication link is established. Beltin thinks to himself. Before his attention is drawn to his immediate vicinity.

Weiss wrote:"Actually, Whyne did not provide this information. A contact of mine did. Using Whyne's name will get you nowhere with this guy."

"Ah, apologies." Beltin admits in embarrassment before gesturing in submission. "I should have been paying more attention. And I should not have underestimated your... resourcefulness. Please, I shall follow your lead and keep my talking to a minimum." Beneath the helm of his PA, the young investigator's cheeks grow flush. Weiss has contacts. This mission looking for his wife hits close to home for him. He is likely calling in whatever favors he has accumulated over the years. I would do the same if I felt like I was close to finding my brother Uni. He is best suited to take point, but I should keep an eye on him and act as a check on his emotions.

Beltin falls in line to the side and just behind Weiss. His armored form and relative positioning suggesting a bodyguard of sorts to Weiss.

If/When Ashlynn suddenly breaks off and rushes to Grant's position, Beltin's mind begins chugging on the possibilities. What did Ashlynn see? Something highly suspicious I'd wager. I'm sure she'll sort it out with Grant. And call for back-up if they need it.

Evaluate surroundings of criminals and lookie-loos
Streetwise. 92% | 1d100 = 7 <== Evaluate the level of criminal activity in this 'sleepy' town.
Surveillance. 77% | 1d100 = 58 <== Counter-surveillance to determine if anyone is paying attention to Weiss and himself as Weiss goes about his business being charming.


Should Beltin determine that there is some manner of seedy underbelly present in the town, the young investigator will become more alert. He will reach out with his senses to try to identify what is amiss (while remaining Weiss' body protector).

Evaluate surroundings of worse than criminals and lookie-loos
Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy. range: 900'/1900' when they use magic. 90% | 1d100 = 43 <== Sense the presence of a supernatural being and Identify the specific type/race of paranormal creature, and includes alien intelligences, gods, demigods, demons, vampires, entities and creatures of magic, like dragons. The ability can also detect whether a person is possessed by supernatural beings.


Jack McDermott wrote:When Jack sees the cold figures a chill runs up his spine, he keys the radio tot he team frequency and says "I got snowmen! Cold targets. Sleeping man and canine. Advise on target. Watch your backs!"
Jack keys up the team radio again, "Permission to engage?" he asks firmly and then listens closely.

Grant Latham wrote:"Jack, there are many innocent bystanders here in the town square. Are you sure it's a pair of the Retrievers?"

When Beltin's radio chirps to life with a request for clearance to open fire, the young investigator's eyes go wide in concern. Grant's response is quickly followed with his own. "Negative. Engagement not authorized at this time. Grant is trying to make nice, the rest of us trying to be inconspicuous. Escalating to a firefight does not achieve our goals. Even if they were Retrievers, there is no guarantee we could destroy or subdue them. Based on prior experience, they would likely slip away in the chaos again." Silently hoping he is clear in his request and that Jack respects him enough to listen. Beltin will instead request for more information as it becomes available. Assuming Grant gets in the second part of his radio communique asking for landmarks, Beltin will also add, "If you can get better visual, can you confirm whether they look to be breathing? If they are dead and out there for show, shooting up the corpse would give away an element of surprise we might be able to use later."
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:39 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 5 vs 42%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 8 and Original post: 1d100 = 79


Grant Latham wrote:"Jack, there are many innocent bystanders here in the town square. Are you sure it's a pair of the Retrievers?"


When Grant responds it makes Jack question himself, Well, maybe not sure. He reaches to key up his mic and reply when Grant's voice comes over the radio again.

Grant Latham wrote: "Hold position, retreat if spotted. Give us some landmarks so we can head your direction if needed."


Jack thinks to himself, They are quick, might be better for back up to know where I am. he reaches for the mic again when Beltin's voice projects from the speaker.

Beltin Delhomme wrote: "Negative. Engagement not authorized at this time. Grant is trying to make nice, the rest of us trying to be inconspicuous. Escalating to a firefight does not achieve our goals. Even if they were Retrievers, there is no guarantee we could destroy or subdue them. Based on prior experience, they would likely slip away in the chaos again."


Holy echo Batman, Can they hear each other? Maybe their comms aren't reaching each other. Maybe... Jack's thought is interrupted by Beltin again.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"If you can get better visual, can you confirm whether they look to be breathing? If they are dead and out there for show, shooting up the corpse would give away an element of surprise we might be able to use later."


Well, ok. I guess I have a different idea of minimal traffic but maybe thats just me. Jack looks at his radio for a good 10 seconds waiting for someone else to chime in. He reaches for the button and pauses in anticipation. When he feels like the channel might actually be clear he keys up the radio, "Not sure. Two targets, cold signature on Thermo scan. Could be something else. Looks sleeping not dead. Not human for sure. Copy hold position. Target located xxx, Eagle is located xxx" Jack provides the info needed for the team to find the targets and him.

Before anyone else has a chance to reply Jack finishes, "You guys can hear each other right?" Jack watches the man and the dog closely, looking for any other signs or clues as to what they might be. Why would he put it out on the radio that we can't beat them? Is he trying to make them feel over confident in case they are listening? Jack gives up even guessing why relinquishing the thought and confident that the team is way more experienced than him and know what they are doing.

Watching the man he wonders, If only I could investigate closer without them becoming aware. As if on que Shadow pokes her head out of her carrying satchel. "Shadow, send Ice bear down there to get a sniff. Find out if they are breathing. Maybe take a ni…" Jack pauses. I want to get a rise out of them but would a ferret bite give away our intentions? "Just have him get close and let me know if anything seems strange. Be careful!"
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Ronith » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:22 am

JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 49
PER: 1d100 = 44 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Conditions
Telepathy: Superior, Rifter 25 P. 83, 22min remaining
Prowl- 1d100 = 54 vs. 111%
To remain undetected- includes EBA penalty and bonus from cloak of shadows
Detect Concealment- 1d100 = 49 vs. 86%
To see if there’s anything special about the wall- particularly a concealed entrance or anything like that.
Strategic Assessment- 1d100 = 46 vs. 116%
To identify which villagers are more than they seem, and which locations around the village they appear to be focused on.

Ronith keeps an eye on the trio of card players and reaches out to the other team members telepathically ((-8 ISP)). First up will be Jack.
Jack McDermott wrote:"Permission to engage?"
Having mentally spoken to Jack before, Ronith thinks nothing of reaching out again and replying via telepathy rather than the radio channel. Negative. Observe and report only. Give the others a chance to do what we came here to do. Ronith will listen to the rest of the radio chatter impassively. Oh well. We shall just have to hope that our targets cannot detect our radio signals.

Next up are the team’s other two telepaths. As they move into Ronith’s line of sight, the cyber-knight will send them a brief message to establish contact, report on the card players, and gather any other preliminary targets the team might have identified. Report. I have identified a trio of card players that do not appear terribly invested in the game. Continue observing for now- let us do what we came here to do. I am located in a copse of trees just outside the village- between us lies a building. See what you can find out about it. Ronith will add any other relevant descriptors of the building to help point it out to the others.

Ronith will very carefully and quietly pick his way closer to the card players, taking extra care not to make any nose or otherwise give away his presence. If necessary (particularly given that one of the players appears to be on alert), he will hold position rather than risk being caught. Until something else happens, Ronith will continue observing, mainly focused on the card players but keeping half an eye on the meet with the rest of the team just in case. He will also take full advantage of his armor’s optical systems, scanning the wall the card players are looking at on the highest possible magnification setting to see if he can detect any concealed mechanisms or entrances. He will also shift through his thermal imaging to see if that reveals any further insights, in particular to see if the card players have the same lack of body heat that Jack identified. Finally, Ronith will try to synthesize all of the information provided by the team on suspicious persons in town, using his advanced training strategic assessment to see which of them are likely to be enemies (or non-humans in disguise), and which buildings in the area they seem to be most concerned with.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 58/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 96

After Barracuda shakes his head "No" to Grant's telepathic question, he sees a motion out of the corner of his eye. What was... "Striker! Get back here!" Barracuda goes running after his mechanical friend in whatever direction it headed off. The golden robo-mutt being twice as fast as him, Barracuda pours on the speed as best he can.

There are many telepathic and radio calls, but Barracuda is concerned with catching up with his doggie friend before anything bad happens to it.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:13 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 5 vs 42%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 8 and Original post: 1d100 = 79


Ronith wrote:Negative. Observe and report only. Give the others a chance to do what we came here to do.


When Ronith's voice enters Jack's mind he briefly looks around then realizes the voice is only in his mind, Damn Jedi mind tricks, yes boss! Observe and report, got it Jack Wonders if the Ronith can actually hear his reply. He wonders, Do I have Jedi mind powers? Jack looks back to the the sleeping man and dog. He squints his eyes and concentrates, Awake you shall be! Harmless you are! He lifts his hand and glances it sideways with the fingers open then looks at the man closely again. Nope. No Jedi mind tricks. Guess that is only for high elfs. Jack smiles and again think about the possibility of Ronith hearing his thoughts.

With a chuckle he thinks to himself, Sorry Boss, just bored. I'll focus now. Jack shifts a little trying to get a more comfortable position. His brief foray into playfulness is broken when he remembers Ice bear is heading toward the old man, Be safe little dude. Don't do anything I would do, he thinks to himself. As he does Shadow pops her head out of the satchel and gives him a worried look. "Don't worry, it will be alright." He says to her.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Zoe Barenger » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:10 am

The townspeople slowly disperse as the heroes do the thing. Walking around town, weiss plays friendly neighbour and helps as he can. Besides the occasional smile and even a wave from a child, Weiss is left alone.

Piccolo turns as Grants speaks. ”You have come!” With that moves off down the street. As grant approaches the hotel he gets all sorts of basic and boring daily thoughts from people. Alot of errands lists, shopping lists, etc. Just as he reaches the hotel desk and asks his questin, he is hit by a telepathic thought. ”OMG!!! Grant?? Are the others here? I need to go back.” He recognizes the “voice” from somewhere. Putting thought to it, he realizes it is Jadiza. He cant pinpoint it but the feeling is close. Empathy gives a hit of joy then fear.

Ashlynn follows the others into the hotel. Upon entering, she sees that is very similar to what she saw in old films about life in the cowboy era ((Wild West Saloon/Hotel)). The common room goes silent as they enter. Nobody moves, but for the guy Ash is looking for. He ducks through a set of doors at the back of the room. As he moves thru, he bumps a waiter who drops his tray.

Everything is quiet and Josie gets what she expects from her scans. Nothing for the first few sweeps. She hears a loud crash from inside, then her scans beeps. When she looks back, she notices a blip moving away from the hotel at a high speed.

Beltin watches the town with a trained eye. After a bit he notices some small time crime stuff. He sees the useal dealers, protuties, even a few unsavory types. All in all it seems quite small time as far as crime goes. More like the wild west, then Chi town. He also hears the crash of dishes from the hotel.

Jack’as little friend gets right nose to nose with the dog with no reaction.

((GM EDIT - % min off counters for powers and spells at end of post))
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Search Is On.

Postby Barracuda » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 39

Barracuda keeps running after his dog. "Hey Striker! I said stop!" While he's running, he keeps an eye out for anything out of the ordinary for the town. If any townsfolk end up in his path, he'll try to dodge around them as well as possible. Besides... It wouldn't be nice for me to knock one of these folks over as the visiting merc, now would it? Already scary enough that we've got these giant armors and guns and weapons and stuff. "Why are you so fast, dog?!"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Previous

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest