Torment

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Torment

Postby Virtus » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:03 pm

Conditions
Time 23:00 (11:00pm)
Temperature: 16F
Visibility: 500ft
Wind: 20mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 18"
Radio Traffic: Moderate
Magic Use: Moderate within 500ft


The night has grown quite cold and the wind is howling. The snow drifts high against anything that sits still long enough. Snows of this magnitude are rare for this area. The biting cold antagonizes anyone outside of temperature controlled vehicles or suits. Arriving outside the main gates, Heroes for Hire sees Lyssa Cornwell step out of a northern gun APC, waving Ronith and company over. "We have a rendezvous point just to the east about three miles. Didn't want a large force to be seen assembling outside the walls. Follow us." She climbs back in the APC and it trundles off to the east, the only lights in the storm coming from a hangar with its bay doors open. An NG mobile hunter is silhouetted in the opening as they drive by. The doors close, sheltering those inside from the bitter cold and snow. The final thin column of light blinks out as the hangar doors boom shut, dismissing Heroes for Hire to the embrace of the dark winter night.

Image

A few minutes later, just over a hill there is a large clearing left from the demon siege on Merctown. Deep furrows in the ground are now just barely visible until the H4H APC finds them with its tires. Inside the clearing is a large group of around fifty mercs and their assorted vehicles, robots and power armor. Looking at the insignias, Gallow Twelve, Firelight and EWK are present as well as some other lesser known companies.

Cornwell's APC stops amidst the other vehicles. A great huddle of people is seen. Cornwell gets out and walks towards the huddle, motioning to H4H to do the same. She works her way to the middle of the group and speaks to everyone. He face is red and her teeth are chattering until she begins speaking.

"We will be heading towards the Lakes region to the east. Anywhere along this route we might be attacked so stay aware.

"Three months ago, Heroes for Hire had responded to a request from the Collegiate Arcane to patrol to the east and check on outlying villages."
she says, motioning towards H4H. "They discovered a number of deevils but not a force. They had also found a small nexus. Heroes for Hire had made their reports and carried on their way.

"On the heels of that report, the farming communities to the east raised a militia and also hired several mercenary companies, putting a battalion sized force in the region as a semi permanent security force. They covered the 50 miles to the east of Merctown including some to the north east and south east. Arrangements were made with Merctown directly for overflights to support the troops on the ground. The situation was stable until a month ago when a blitzkrieg style attack penetrated deep towards Merctown.

"It's important to know that when Merctown had faced the waves of demons that breached its walls, the farming communities suffered, taking the brunt of the attack first. Overall around ten percent of the farmers that supplied merctown died during that assault and immediately following. They quickly rebounded but starting a month ago there was a spear like thrust into the farms in the east. It drove to within twenty miles of Merctown before it was halted. While rural communities in the Magic Zone are equipped for regular encounters with the supernatural, the number and ferocity of deevils were overwhelming. They have been devastated.

"You, that is to say we, will be going in to stabilize the situation. We leave immediately and need to reach our destination by morning."
She says. Now done speaking she makes her way back towards her APC.

It's obvious to everyone that there are missing bits of information here. Other mercs seem to be grumbling, not thrilled by the lack of information.

Barracuda and Ashlynn remember dealing with plumbing issues due an earthquake a while back. But as far as where these deevils exploded from, no details were given.

Among the other outfits, Heroes for Hire are second in line, behind Gallow Twelve. Gallow Twelve has several armored and armed vehicles, but prominent is their two flying PAs. While they have been restyled, there is no mistaking the whine of SAMAS engines. The pair launch from the back of the half track like a mini aircraft carrier, flying sorties every half hour.

A group of young mercs, calling themselves "Last Dance", have been handling forward reconnaissance though anyone wishing to join them may.

((Please detail spells, abilities and such, making sure to include them in your reply if at all possible. If you're piloting, please include relevant skill rolls and any other supplement skills that will be employed. I do not need combat posts at this time. Describe the next hour of time.))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:33 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 76
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 56


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.


With the orders from Sir Ronith to move out. Grant says his final goodbyes and good wishes to Beltin and Marit. He's a bit uncertain as to what the right thing to say to Jazia is. He eventually decides upon, "Enjoy your time with Zac, hopefully we will be back soon."

As they file back into the APC, Grant pulls on the energy of the ley line, "There isn't much magic that I can cast now that will benefit us later, but I can make alleviate our need for sustenance." He sees Barracuda still eating a handful of the cookies Marit put out as desert and the frown on his face. "Ben, you can still eat if you want, but you won't feel any hunger." He casts sustain on each person (see code block below)

....

Lore: Demons & Monsters 129% vs 1d100 = 97 | Knowledge of Deevils, tactics and weaknesses
Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 2 | Reading between the lines of Cornwell's info dump
Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 50 | Evaluating the other hired team's capabilities - are they equipped to fight Deevils?
Land Navigation 106% vs 1d100 = 26 | Know where they are headed
Navigation 111% vs 1d100 = 78 | Know where they are headed
Lore: Geomancy & Ley Lines 99% vs 1d100 = 70 | Know where the small ley line nexus Cornwell mentioned.


At the rendezvous point, Grant files out and listens to Cornwell's speech, outwardly he frowns. Stabilize the situation, what exactly does that mean? he thinks. Deevils aren't like to surrender, perhaps run away if faced with overwhelming force. Most likely they are controlling individuals behind the scenes.

If Grant knows where the nexus is located he speaks up and says to Cornwell, "If you think it would save significant time, and with permission from Merc-Town and the Collegiate Arcane, I could rift us to the nexus you mentioned using the nexus here in town."

Back in the APC, Grant shares what he knows about Deevils and recaps the events of his service to Dweomer and uncovering a plot to create a hell pit. "There does seem to be a concerted plan to use the vast energy of the ley lines in the Magic Zone to bring both demonic and deevilic forces here to Earth in large numbers."


Grant can Rift Teleport (BOM 142) from one nexus point to another up to 900 miles away without danger of missing the target (if he knows where to go). Grant can accommodate up to 180 human sized people. Virtus, it seems to be up to you if it can do more than human sized people (or things).


Code: Select all
[*]Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:00 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 72
PER: 1d100 = 6 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Pilot Hovercycle- 1d100 = 44 vs. 97%
As requested.
Prowl- 1d100 = 59 vs. 101%
If the convoy is moving slowly enough (< 35 MPH), Ronith will try to remain silent/concealed as he proceeds.

Still mildly disappointed with the lack of action on their earlier furlough, Ronith gets the team whipped into shape and back into the APC. Donning his armor, he again serves as an outrider on his hovercycle (along with Jack if he is so inclined), and Ronith will gratefully accept a casting of sustain from Grant. Better safe than sorry. Weiss, Ronith directs to escort duty with the APC. Josie can pilot the main vehicle, and everyone else can ride aboard that.

Once they’re ready, and everyone’s as rested and fed as they’re going to get (to say nothing of packing sufficient supplies for the road), Ronith leads the way to the town gates. He’ll supervise the reclamation of any long arms or similar weapons, then head over to Cornwell with the rest of the team once they’re ready.

The cyber-knight absently makes note of the weather, and does a few test revs to make sure that any accumulating snow won’t interfere with the operations of his hovercycle. Assuming they do not, he will keep an eye on the APC. We really should invest in a more all-terrain-capable vehicle for the team. This could be trouble if it gets stuck. No help for it now. He nods to Cornwell at her greeting, and directs the team to follow her to the rendezvous without further incident. Once they arrive, Ronith parks his hovercycle somewhere out of the way and listens to the briefing attentively.

Not exactly the most complete introduction. But, if civilians are in danger from the predations of deevils, what more do we need to know? The answer, in Sir Ronith’s mind, is clearly nothing, but he will wait patiently for any grumbling to subside and questions to be asked. I am surprised that we heard so little of this, however. We may be spending too much time within MercTown’s walls. The end of the briefing, however, does leave Ronith a little unsatisfied.
Virtus wrote:"You, that is to say we, will be going in to stabilize the situation. We leave immediately and need to reach our destination by morning."
”Can you define ‘stabilize’ for us, please? Are you expecting additional attacks, or is this merely a precautionary measure? What about humanitarian aid for the affected communities? I trust that the MercTown municipal government is making suitable arrangements for them.”

At the end of the day, though, these are details- Ronith obviously can’t let civilians fend for themselves, and regardless of the actual objective of this mission his team is needed now. Let the other companies grumble; Heroes for Hire shall lead by example. While Ronith will be dissatisfied with any incomplete or vague answers to his questions, he’ll keep his misgivings to himself. Approaching the commander of Last Dance, Ronith introduces himself. ”Good day, commander. I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the Granite Hall and Commander of Heroes for Hire. I thought I would offer my services as an outrider with your forces, as I understand you will be handling our forward reconnaissance. If you are amenable, where would you like me?”
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 58/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:07 pm

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 65 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 84

Conditions (at the end of the post):
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Before leaving

Ashlynn runs upstairs to gear up. If she sees Jack in his room as she's running back, she says "What th'HECK!?! We're LEAVING, Jack! Get in gear!" Laughing, she runs back downstairs. She gives the "home team" - Marit, Beltin, and Zac - a quick hug before turning to Jazia with a smile. "They'll take good care of you. You're safe as houses here. We'll be back before you know it."

Ashlynn accepts the spell from Grant with a smile. "Thank you."




At the Rendez-vous Point

Ashlynn listens with interest to Cornwell's briefing, but one part catches her interest.

Cornwell wrote:They quickly rebounded but starting a month ago there was a spear like thrust into the farms in the east. It drove to within twenty miles of Merctown before it was halted. While rural communities in the Magic Zone are equipped for regular encounters with the supernatural, the number and ferocity of deevils were overwhelming. They have been devastated.


That doesn't sound like what we found... we found dribs and drabs of deevils coming from an unstable nexus... not a concentrated force. Someone or something has found the nexus and is now organizing the deevils into a cohesive force. And they got a grudge on Merctown, it looks like.

Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 28 (determine how truthful Cornwell is being - SUCCESS)

I got a sense Cornwell knows who or what's behind this, but isn't telling us for some reason.

Using her skills at Wilderness survival, she looks for landmarks she'd seen previously in her patrols in this area to try to orient herself.

Wilderness Survival 65% 1d100 = 3 (try to figure out where she is - CRIT. SUCCESS)

As others ask for more information regarding what Cornwell means by Stabilize, Ashlynn says "I think it means probably the Deevils are being directed by someone or something. And we gotta find 'em and get rid of 'em."

If anyone asks for clarification, she adds, "Well, when we were here before, they were just drifting about, sorta exploring. Now they're a fighting force, with organized tactics. 'Cause now they got a leader they didn't have before, is my guess." She looks at Cornwell. "That jibe with what you're thinking?"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:49 pm

"If you think it would save significant time, and with permission from Merc-Town and the Collegiate Arcane, I could rift us to the nexus you mentioned using the nexus here in town."


Cornwell looks to Grant. "Normally that's the way we would want to move, but there's more than just Croftonland. There are communities we need to see firsthand. It's only been three days since... You'll see soon enough." she finishes. "Yes, this area seems to be rife with forces seeking to tap the resources so prevalent here. I'll be glad to have a Lord Magus there. It might give us some insight."

”Can you define ‘stabilize’ for us, please? Are you expecting additional attacks, or is this merely a precautionary measure? What about humanitarian aid for the affected communities? I trust that the MercTown municipal government is making suitable arrangements for them.”


"We aren't sure what what the situation is really. I'd like to say more, but we can't even say exactly what the situation is. There is more I'll say openly once we get there. But I don't expect to encounter a frontal assault or a coordinated force just yet. My hope is this is a precautionary measure but we believe there to be stragglers in the area. Right now there is a vacuum. A merc presence will go a long way to fill voids in the short term."

"With regards to humanitarian aid, that's most of what's in these trucks. Even our APC is filled with supplies. In these situations, surviving the attack doesn't mean you'll live."
Lyssa says, clearly troubled by the situation.

As others ask for more information regarding what Cornwell means by Stabilize, Ashlynn says "I think it means probably the Deevils are being directed by someone or something. And we gotta find 'em and get rid of 'em."

If anyone asks for clarification, she adds, "Well, when we were here before, they were just drifting about, sorta exploring. Now they're a fighting force, with organized tactics. 'Cause now they got a leader they didn't have before, is my guess." She looks at Cornwell. "That jibe with what you're thinking?"


Lyssa nods, "I expect that was the case. May even still be the situation. So be on your toes." Ashlynn watches Cornwell closely. She may not know exactly who is responsible, it's clear she is withholding information out of confidentiality than any sort of malice.

Ronith searches out the forward reconnaissance group. The leader of the group is one Dave Buckley. Dave, the oldest of them, all of 19 or 20 years, looks surprised to see Ronith.

Image

"Sir Ronith. Good to meet you. I've heard of you. I'm David Buckley. We'd be honored to have you along! I'll introduce the rest. From left to right, that's Silas, Bartol, Amiee, Buster and Orchid. We'll be going in on hoverbikes. You can ride on mine if you don't have one yourself." he says, youth still visible on his face. The others remove their helmets despite the cold. The rest of his "team", look closer to 16 or 17. None of them look to be overly loved. Mostly likely street rats from the Warrens. But in their eyes burns the fire of opportunity and determination. Their hoverbikes are surprisingly well kept and seem to be sporting modifications. They put their helmets back on and hop on their hoverbikes. As soon as Ronith is ready they move into the night. Clearly one of the modifications is quiet running. They pass into the night, no more than wind in the trees. ((the results of forward reconnaissance will be detailed in the next main post))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 17
JIC 1d100 = 35 1d20 = 2

Ronith wrote:”Gear up- we have another job, and this one is actually paying us. Make ready to depart- our guide wants us on the road tonight.”


As Ronith announces the new mission, Weiss heart sinks, but before he gets a chance to say anything;

Beltin Delhomme wrote:Still wrapped up in his euphoria, a thought occurs to him and he heads over to Weiss, handing him a pair of ornate bowls, "Since Marit and I will be traveling together, we no longer have need of these. Please, feel free to keep one on you and the other here at the Haven with Jazia. It can be used to communicate over very long distances. Simply fill the bowl and under the light of the moon, the connection between the two will be made." The young investigator gives the man a hearty pat on the back.


Weiss is stunned and it takes him a few seconds to reply,

"Thank you," he manages to eventually say.

Jaz gets up to leave as Beltin and Weiss are talking, telling Zac to stay there as she walks out into the hallway and then outside the Haven

Virtus wrote:Jazia's face is hard to read in the dim light outside of Haven. She stumbles along, looking back to Weiss indicating he should follow. She walks in silence down the snow covered sidewalk, puffs of breath more visible in the lamp lit night. The crunch of snow under boot is almost all that's audible. She doesn't say anything for a while, just walks. Seeming to decide she had traveled far enough, she turns about. Having borrowed a coat from Marit, its fur collar rises high framing her face, even covering her ears. "I understand you know." she says putting her back up against a stone wall. "But really?! Tonight?!" She shakes her head. "I'd go with you, but then Zack... I wouldn't want him in that situation. Silly to spend these precious hours like this." Once again she falls silent. In the dimly lit night, snow falls from heaven and of the two silhouettes cast by the nearby street light, one moves from the stone wall to embrace the other.


Weiss joins her a few seconds later and he can see her body is tense, even in the cold.

"Is this what it is going to be now? Jaz asks, her voice tinged with what Weiss has learned to recognise as annoyance, "We gave up this life and now we are being separated again! Only hours after we found each other again.

"I cannot abandon them; if it wasn't for them, I would not have found you and be together." Weiss replies, calmly. He remembered a few similar conversations before they retired. He strokes her shoulder, pulling her in close.

"And what about that young girl who has been moping around? What is going on there?" Jaz asks as she rests her head on his shoulder

Weiss, having been so focused on Jaz and Zac, has not realised Ash's reactions, but apparently Jaz had. There is such a measure of confusion on Weiss' face, that Jaz snorts with laughter.

"You remember when we first met, referring to yourself as a stray. Everything we had, we built together; a home, a new life and ... he looks back to the dining room "a family. Ash, more than anybody put herself out there to help me find you. I know her story, bits of it sounded very familiar. If you are worried about her, talk to her. Zac looks up to her like a sister, admittedly one that's more likely to get him into trouble."

Weiss softly sings
From the very first moment I saw you
That's when I knew
All the dreams I held in my heart
Had suddenly come true
Knock me over stone cold sober
Not a thing I could say I did
'Cause baby when I'm walking with you now
My eyes are so wide
Like you reached right into my head
And turned on the light inside
Turning on the light
Inside my mind hey


Jaz's face mellows slightly as she follows up the verse, obviously knowing the words well.

"Come on baby it's alright
Sunday, Monday, day or night
Written blue on white it's plain to see
Be mine, be mine
That rainy shiny night or day
What's the difference anyway
Honey till your heart belongs to me"


Weiss hands Jaz one of the bowls and reaches out to stroke one of the strands of her Baku.

"Every chance I get, I'll use these to get in contact

"Give it chance, this might be able to become home

"But..." Weiss' face becomes serious as he looks his wife in the eye, "I have purposefully not pushed on what happened. We are safe, but I doubt those things and whoever sent them are gone. We are safe here, but that is a situation that we are going to need to deal with. When I get back, we need to talk about what happened. Rest up. As much as I always don't like involving him, Blackman gave us some information on them. He may know more." Jaz screws up her face at the mention of Blackman, but eventually nods.

"Can't believe we adopted again," she hugs her husband tightly, "do you think she realises that?"

"Knowing Ash, probably not!"


"Keep your mum safe kiddo," he hugs his son as he says goodbye, before Weiss grabs his gear.


Ashlynn wrote:She gives the "home team" - Marit, Beltin, and Zac - a quick hug before turning to Jazia with a smile. "They'll take good care of you. You're safe as houses here. We'll be back before you know it."


Jaz returns the smile and nods her head.

"Thank you for looking out for my son. Keep an eye on that idiot of a husband of mine."

Rendezvous

Weiss listens to what explanation is offered and the followup questions.

"As we have some time and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, what can we expect when facing Dyvals? Weiss asks, "possibly killed some in the past thinking they are demons, but any hints and combat tips won't go amiss I am sure for everyone."

After the briefing, Weiss collars Ronith before they head out.
"If we're heading out there, I don't think my best place will be behind the wheel of the APC, but in the Beauty," Weiss suggests to Ronith, "Our travel speed is not going to be great in this weather, but an extra set of sensors and combat readiness won't go amiss."

Provided Ronith agrees

"Gonna need a gunner out there to maximise firepower. Ash you up for it again kiddo?"


Weiss and the Beauty take up a flanking position for the convoy. If needed, he will protect the supplies vehicle(s), whilst scanning for signs of danger. If visibility becomes impaired, he will switch on the Infrared searchlights to help guide the way.

OOC Comments
Sensory Equipment 74% 1d100 = 90
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor Basic 100% (+3%) Any Color As Long As It's Black: Negate any speed/handling penalties of one specific model of vehicle (must have corresponding pilot skill) - UAR-1 Enforcers 1d100 = 19
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:24 am

JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 69
PER: 1d100 = 83 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Pilot Hovercycle- 1d100 = 49 vs. 97%
As requested.
Prowl- 1d100 = 88 vs. 101%
If the convoy is moving slowly enough (< 35 MPH), Ronith will try to remain silent/concealed as he proceeds.
Lore: Demon/Monster- 1d100 = 30 vs. 101%
To provide Weiss with a basic overview of devils.
Detect Ambush- 1d100 = 67 vs. 126%
To provide warning to the convoy about terrain particularly susceptible to ambush.
Trap/Mine Detection- 1d100 = 2 vs. 86%
Detect Concealment- 1d100 = 44 vs. 86%
Scouting.

Virtus wrote:"We aren't sure what what the situation is really. I'd like to say more, but we can't even say exactly what the situation is. There is more I'll say openly once we get there. But I don't expect to encounter a frontal assault or a coordinated force just yet. My hope is this is a precautionary measure but we believe there to be stragglers in the area. Right now there is a vacuum. A merc presence will go a long way to fill voids in the short term."
Ronith frowns- an expression readily apparent in his tone, if not through his face plate. ”I am not some novitiate to allow myself to get carried away with idle speculation, commander. I do not enjoy operating in circumstances where information is explicitly being withheld from my team and I. I am willing to go along, but understand that I expect your reticence to provide complete information to have a very good explanation upon our arrival.”

Weiss wrote:"As we have some time and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, what can we expect when facing Dyvals? Weiss asks, "possibly killed some in the past thinking they are demons, but any hints and combat tips won't go amiss I am sure for everyone."
”While some of them are liable to be resistant or invulnerable to conventional weapons, for the most part your armaments should not have too much trouble. They may be more resistant to plasma than standard D-Bees, and if you have any silver or magical weapons they shall serve you well.” Ronith will nod and wave for Weiss to deploy himself (and any ancillary staff he needs for the Beauty) as he sees fit. ”There is also plenty of room for gunners on the APC. Something tells me we may need them.”

That done, Ronith gets into position and greets his fellow outriders. ”Good to meet you, Commander Buckley. I look forward to working with you and your team.” With a nod at each of the others (along with anybody else who opts to tag along), Ronith will quietly get ready to depart. Once they head out, he will remain in formation with the others, and attempt to match their stealthy approach as much as possible. If Ronith finds that he is making too much more noise than the rest of the forward scouts, he will drop back a few hundred feet so as to avoid attracting any attention to them. Otherwise, he will keep a sharp lookout with senses, skills, and sensors.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 58/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44
JIC: 1d20 = 20 and 1d100 = 7

Ashlynn wrote:Before leaving
Ashlynn runs upstairs to gear up. If she sees Jack in his room as she's running back, she says "What th'HECK!?! We're LEAVING, Jack! Get in gear!" Laughing, she runs back downstairs.


When Ash run into the room and says it's time to go, Jack jumps up, can't say I didn't see that one coming. Demons and Devils oh my! Jack looks down at the Ice bear and Shadows and says, "I guess we are off to see the wizard." Jack gathers his gear and joins the team.

At the rendezvous

Jack looks around and the realization that this is a much bigger undertaking than he thought starts to settle in. He listens to the information provided and though it seems obvious there is info missing he stays uncharacteristically silent, Time to blend and see what their intent is. He listens to the crew ask questions and the responses they are given. Jack's attention slowly drifts off and he looks around to see if there is a specific location of the leadership, looking for any vehicles or tents people may gather to discuss "strategy"

If he sees something particular he will may his way toward their as stealthily as possible without looking sneaky and see if anyone is discussing the mission. If there are no particular "HQ" type places set he will mingle through the groups listening for what the other groups have to say.

skills
Prowl 60% vs 1d100 = 60 - Sneak around group to group unsuspecting like
Surveillance 50% vs 1d100 = 65 - Look around / Identify who looks like they might have command in the different groups
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:51 am

(rolls carried)

Ronith wrote:
Weiss wrote:"As we have some time and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, what can we expect when facing Dyvals? Weiss asks, "possibly killed some in the past thinking they are demons, but any hints and combat tips won't go amiss I am sure for everyone."
”While some of them are liable to be resistant or invulnerable to conventional weapons, for the most part your armaments should not have too much trouble. They may be more resistant to plasma than standard D-Bees, and if you have any silver or magical weapons they shall serve you well.” Ronith will nod and wave for Weiss to deploy himself (and any ancillary staff he needs for the Beauty) as he sees fit. ”There is also plenty of room for gunners on the APC. Something tells me we may need them.”


Grant nods in agreement at Sir Ronith's explanation. "Striking them from a distance is our greatest technological advantage. The other thing is while Deevils revel in chaos just as much as Demons, they like to be puppet masters, sowing misinformation and distrust." He looks over towards Cornwell's direction. "The urgency to get us moving with so little information, is exactly the kind of thing I would think a Deevil would orchestrate. Her reasoning for not wanting to go directly is one of the few reasons to not outright believe she is leading us into a trap." Grant shrugs, "Just the same, we should remain vigilant."

Grant takes the time to cast See Aura on Cornwell and those that appear to be in her inner circle of confidants if possible. (6 PPE per casting, Virtus please let me know how many castings occur and how much time passes to recover PPE. Thanks)
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:52 pm

Conditions
Time: Day 2, 01:32
Temperature: 8F
Visibility: 500ft
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 18"
Radio Traffic: None
Magic Use: Light within 500ft
Ley Line Present within 1 mile


Sir Ronith submits his displeasure with Cornwell. She nods, but offers no more information.

Image

"I know you aren't Sir Ronith. Bear with me, I have my orders too. You should know that the college respects you a great deal."

Grant prudently observes those in the college's APC. There are seven with Cornwell. Five of them appear to be low ranking individuals. Magic users of low power, nothing unusual. Cornwell has moderate power. Two others, an enchanting woman is powerful but seemingly mundane and a man of moderate power but has an aberration. Further, he seems to be ill. All have high PPE. Nothing unexpected when dealing with the magic college.

Jack hears a lot of grumbling, but does overhear two mercs from EWK mention they heard Red Eclipse and Lackland's Dragoons were already out here. "If those two are already where we are going, what could they possibly need us for?"

Everyone packs up and gets ready to move. Last Dance moves out first with Ronith. Gliding along inside the firest takes perfect attention. The hoverbikes stay close to the ground, plodding along around 15mph. The snow stops and the temperature drops even further. As they move along, a shape catches Ronith's eye. A dark outline hidden behind a tree. Dropping down the forward group prepares for battle. Creeping slowly Ronith and Buckley creep closer, weapons drawn. With lightning speed they confront the shadow.

Lifeless eyes and grey lips greet them. Ice crystals have formed on her eyelashes. A woman in her early twenties is frozen, slumped against a tree. She wears boots, jeans and a winter coat. It's hard to say how long she had been there but exposure was likely what killed her. The snow fall came after her arrival here, evidence by the snow perched atop her head and the lack of any prints that lead here.

Buckley calls back to Cornwell, letting her know a body was found.

Back on the road, the rest of Heroes for Hire move on. Josie keeps the massive APC under control. Fortunately everything is frozen, which helps Josie maneuver it for best traction. That doesn't help the rest of the convoy however. Fortunately Weiss has Blue along, which has superior traction and mobility than the wheeled vehicles. Several times he uses Blue to push stuck vehicles up hills or out of snow banks.

Grant and Ashlynn see little out of the ordinary, but keep alert none the less. Barracuda notices there is little sign of creatures out this cold night. It should make spotting movement easier. Since the snow has stopped, visiblity has improved greatly as it is nearly a full moon which provides ample light. Josie and Barracuda spot cleared fields first and then the remains of a tractor which looks to be partially melted, though covered by snow. Everyone inside the APC, looking out see the fields and the tractor but soon see much more. The fields give way to charred buildings and the remains of a small town. Then they see the hoverbikes of Last Dance along with Sir Ronith's.

-------

The Forward Scouts

After leaving the body, they pushed ahead and quickly come across the fields and tractor. Moving faster now they have room, they can see rising columns of smoke and the halo of lights. Coming into view is a small town. There is a gathering of people ahead, maybe around 50 people, including people in power armor. Ronith and crew are greeted immediately and not without suspicion. One of the power armors, a Samson, marches its way towards you. Coming with 50ft, it uses its loud speakers, "Identify yourselves immediately!"

Though all of their forces pose little threat to a cyber knight of Ronith's standing, it's clear they are serious. Buckley is quick to identify themselves as forces from Merctown, which seems to be enough to assuage their first fears. The PA pilot introduces himself as Roland Reeves. "Is it just you? We had heard there was supposed to be more." Assuming Ronith sets him straight, he motions the forward group to the gathering.

--------
Arrival in Gilbert

Ashlynn, Josie and Barracuda remember this town as it was a large town for the area and sits next to the Tennessee River, as it is still known. Looking at the town, there are several buildings that have been burned. Plumes of smoke rise from several chimneys. The glow of a ley line can be seen beyond the town near the river. Lyssa gets out from her APC and motions for the other vehicles to stop. Pretty much everyone has heard of Gilbert as it's a minor kingdom with close ties to Merctown. Several of the Heroes for Hire who had been helping out this direction have traveled through and even stopped to eat and rest before coming or going.

The president of Gilbert, Mary Wahls, greets whoever comes to the gathering. Most of all she calls Cornwell over but addresses everyone. "We're putting together a force to support Eddy. A scout came back a day ago and reported severe losses. We're trying to get our generators back online right now to top off our eclips. Are there any operators in your group? Not only do we need to get our eclips charged, our communications are down as are Eddy's, both due to our generator and the radio tower. Eddy was hit hard and most of the town is gone. A few survivors made it here this morning. We believe the demons may have been defeated there. We only saw a few dozen ourselves but until we get there, we won't know for sure."

The group, gathering around Ronith are near one of Gallow Twelve's SAMA pilots. He has his helmet off despite the cold and danger, listening to what is said. He looks to be in his 50s and takes the time to light a cigar. Turning to the both of you, he says "That's a shame about Eddy. I have friend's there. They aren't without defenses. It must have been a stiff attack. My name is Joe Spanikowitz." Just then Ravenhill, leader of Gallow Twelves interjects, "But everyone just calls him Spanky." to which he grins, cigar still clenched in his teeth, shaking hands with anyone present.

Image
Image

President Wahls continues on. "I'd like to get a few volunteers to sweep the woods and fields around briefly for another other survivors... or enemies lingering nearby while we try to get the generators online and reestablish communications." she says, he breath curling up in the frigid night.

((For those wanting to help on the generator or radio tower, post a skill roll for all skills that might be applicable. For those sweeping the woods, please give me a rounds worth of your go-to offensive actions, be they spells, attack or other. Includes parries but dodges are not needed to be figured in. This action will take approximately 1 hour in game for the purposes of abilities and spell durations.))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:17 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 72
PER: 1d100 = 57 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
[*]Sense evil- RUE P. 176, 210ft. area, 33min, can detect general number, intensity, and distance of supernatural evil, or immediately evil intention from non-superanatural.
[*]Ley line proximity- Can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee but must use it immediately, boost range and duration of psionics by 50%.
Object Read: Impressions- 1d100 = 69 vs. 84%
Object Read: Images- 1d100 = 29 vs. 76%
Object reading the corpse or her possession.
Field Armorer- 1d100 = 98 vs. 106%
Basic Mechanics- 1d100 = 7 vs. 91%
Repair rolls


I had not considered the possibility of deevil infiltration. Of all the times to lose Beltin in the field… Aloud Ronith says, ”I can protect us from psionic manipulation in close proximity; with Beltin gone we shall have to rely upon my abilities to detect the deevils early.” He will otherwise remain silent before their departure- Ronith accepts Cornwall’s authority despite his irritation, and answers any questions the rest of the team may have about fighting deevils to the best of his ability.

After that some scouting, at a pace slow enough for Ronith to easily maintain stealth and keep up with the others. Then, discovery- Ronith is initially unconcerned due to the lack of a reaction from his sixth sense, then saddened at the woman’s demise. Then… suspicion. She is dressed appropriately for the season, is she not? Nor is she that far from refuge. This could be the work of deevils, or their demonic rivals. Best to be sure. With a sorrowful expression on his face, Ronith will bend down and perform an object read on the body itself if he can, or failing that any personal item or treasured possession (e.g., old-looking jewelry) that he can easily see (clothing if nothing else; -6 ISP). For obvious reasons, Ronith will not bother trying to sense the present status of the ‘owner’ unless his impressions reveal that the object he reads didn’t belong to the dead woman. If nothing else, Ronith hopes to learn her name and where he might find someone who cares to retrieve the corpse. He will share this information with Bucky and/or Cornwall, but otherwise keep his findings to himself until they arrive, and Ronith has had time to digest them.

Virtus wrote:"Identify yourselves immediately! …Is it just you? We had heard there was supposed to be more."
Ronith will wait his turn- this is Buckley’s operation and the cyber-knight does not wish to step on any toes. ”I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the Granite Hall and commander of Heroes for Hire. The bulk of our forces, including my company, travel the road behind us. We are merely outriders- never fear. It is good to meet you, Mr. Reeves. I hope you shall excuse me- I must see to some logistical arrangements for my team.” With that, Ronith will park off to one side, out of the way, and wait for the others to arrive. If he spots the ley line near the town, Ronith will speak to Cornwall (or whoever’s in charge) about setting up camp in the most appropriate berth closest to the ley line (this is assuming there isn’t some sort of cadre of mages that would benefit from it more). No doubt Grant is the best qualified to fortify a ley line against intrusion, and I would feel more comfortable if I can keep an eye on things myself.

Regardless of exactly where the team sets up, once Ronith gets within a mile of the ley line he will begin drawing ISP from it at every convenient opportunity, and using that psychic energy to keep his sense evil ability continuously active. If nothing else, the deevils are unlikely to be able to sneak much past that.

Once the full convoy arrives Ronith takes charge of Heroes for Hire and the APC, directing them to an appropriate staging area as determined by Cornwall and the local authorities. Ronith will also make sure that he attends Wahls’ greeting and briefing. ”Good day, President Wahl. I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the Granite Hall and commander of Heroes for Hire. We would be happy to assist with these tasks, although I regret to report we include no operators among our ranks. However, my team does possess an e-clip recharger on board our APC which we would be happy to loan out.”

Turning to the team (Ronith will radio any present), Ronith will issue a few orders for his team to help. ”Barracuda take Jack, Ash, and Josie and form a scouting detail. Do a sweep of the local area. Perform radio check-ins every five minutes, and contact me at once if you encounter any hostile forces. I shall remain here to assist with the repair effort- Weiss, do what you can for the generator while I see to their radio tower. Grant, if you have any magicks that could help fix either the generator or the radio, I shall take all the assistance if I can get. Otherwise, I would like you to remain nearby- keep an eye on the ley line, and be ready to open a portal in case we need to reinforce Barracuda.”

Barring any major changes to the plan or additional, more-qualified volunteers Ronith will head to the radio tower. He will make sure that his hovercycle is nearby, in case he needs to ride to Barracuda’s aid, then dig out the toolkit from the mechanic’s package in his armor and see what he can do about fixing the town’s comm systems.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 58/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76 vs 42%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 and 1d100 = 25

Virtus wrote:Jack hears a lot of grumbling but does overhear two mercs from EWK mention they heard Red Eclipse and Lackland's Dragoons were already out here. "If those two are already where we are going, what could they possibly need us for?


When the group arrives in Gilbert Jack looks outside and is discouraged by the low temps and deep snow. He pulls his satchel off and hangs it in the APC and tells Ice bear and Shadow, ”Stay here, it is bad outside. You will both be safer in the APC.” He reminds the two about their talisman and how to use them. Next he searches out Sir Ronith. Finding him he immediately provides the intel he received from snooping around, ”It seems some folks are wondering why Red Eclipse and Lackland’s Dragoons aren’t enough. Do you know these outfits?”

When the scouting assignment is offered, Jack will immediately offer to take a few laps around the wilderness. ”Right up my alley Boss!” he tells Ronith. Then heads over to the APC to grab his two bows and head out. Jack will make his way through the forest slowly and deliberately. He will look for ambush points, traps and tracks along the way making notes on an impromptu map tracking what he has found so he can provide the information to the main force later if needed. Jack will suggest to whoever comes with them that they move slowly and cover their own tracks as they move, ” There is no reason to offer our own position up to anyone or any thing else looking around out here.” Once they begin the patrol Jack becomes very serious, he seems to fall back into survival mode almost immediately and seems extremely at ease even with the obvious destruction they have noted in the town. This is my home field now. No buildings, no streets. Jack smiles big under his face buff, happy to feel comfortable again.

If at any point Jack comes across an opponent he feels is beyond his or the groups capabilities he will immediately find a hiding place and radio in the location to the main group.

If attacked close range Jack will draw his Vibro Sword and Attack and parry as necessary. If Jack sees a clear opportunity to strike from a distance he will first use his Tesla Bow, which he will use to parry and direct attacks as well.

Skills
Land Navigation 72% vs 1d100 = 90 – Watch the landscape as he moves and keep the location of the main group referenced
Detect Ambush 55% vs 1d100 = 85 – Looks for possible points of ambush as they travel
Detect Concealment 50% vs 1d100 = 67 – Look for any hidden traps and stockpiles intentional hidden.
Detect Concealment 50% vs 1d100 = 6 – Look for anything possibly hidden by the snow.
Track & Trap Animals 65% vs 1d100 = 92 – Look for animal and “other” tracks and identify.
Track & Trap Animals 65% vs 1d100 = 94 – Track the direction of the tracks.
Track & Trap Animals 65% vs 1d100 = 53 – Identify age of tracks, direction, condition of creature/animal
Prowl 60% vs 1d100 = 8 – Stay unnoticed as they patrol the forest
Cartography - 60% vs 1d100 = 60 – Keep track on an impromptu map anything they find.
Trail Blazing - 40% vs 1d100 = 32 – Mark the trail as they move in a way that he and the people with him can identify how to get back.
Tracking: People 45% vs 1d100 = 86 – Look for humanoid tracks.
Tracking: People 45% vs 1d100 = 43 – Identify/evaluate the tracks if found. (Are they laden down, how many, pace, direction, do they know they are being followed)
Tracking: People 45% vs 1d100 = 54 – Follow the tracks – (40yrds if not obvious track)
Tracking: People 45% vs 1d100 = 98 – Follow the tracks – (40yrds if not obvious track)
Tracking: People 45% vs 1d100 = 58 – Follow the tracks – (40yrds if not obvious track)
Tracking: People 45% vs 1d100 = 86 – (counter tracking) Cover the groups tracks as they move along patrolling the forest.


Combat Contingency
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 17

Close range - Using vibro-sword, (+7 Stirke, +10 Parry)
Strikes: 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 26, 1d20+7 = 15, 1d20+7 = 8

Parries: 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 19

Damage: 3d6 = 17, 3d6 = 5, 3d6 = 8, 3d6 = 15, 3d6 = 15, 3d6 = 8,

Long Range - Using tesla Bow, (+12 Strike, +9 Parry w/Bow)
Strikes: 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 16

Parries: 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 25

Damage: 4d6 = 19, 4d6 = 12, 4d6 = 12, 4d6 = 12, 4d6 = 11, 4d6 = 10 + Tesla Effect, Stunned (lose initiative and 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:29 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 25


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 40.5 min | 225 M.D.C., Full EBA, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerate 1d6 M.D./melee



Virtus wrote:Grant prudently observes those in the college's APC. There are seven with Cornwell. Five of them appear to be low ranking individuals. Magic users of low power, nothing unusual. Cornwell has moderate power. Two others, an enchanting woman is powerful but seemingly mundane and a man of moderate power but has an aberration. Further, he seems to be ill. All have high PPE. Nothing unexpected when dealing with the magic college.


Grant points out the man that appears to have some sort of aberration. "Most of Cromwell's team has some level of magic power. He however is something different." The mage gestures towards Ashlynn and Barracuda, "I don't know for certain but he may have some sort of innate ability like Ashlynn and Ben do."

On the trip Grant sits in the crew compartment, looking out the windows occasionally. Luckily the moon is out providing some light out there, but with the snow, there just isn't that much to see.

When they finally arrive in Gilbert. Grant pulls himself up using the strap for people to hold to if standing while the APC is moving. He uses it to stretch a bit giving a bit of a groan. The addition of a light blue glow and his own senses telling him a ley line is nearby brings a smile to his face. He reaches down and grabs the Draining Blade and straps it on. When the door to the APC opens, the blast of cold air tingles his skin, but not as much as it would have in the past. "Stay bundled up, it's too easy to get ill from exposure," the mage says to the others in the APC. For his own part he casts Invincible Armor upon himself (30 PPE | BOM 121 | 40.5 min | 225 M.D.C., Full EBA, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerate 1d6 M.D./melee). The effect of the spell shimmers around him. "Better." He looks at his team in the APC, "Ben, Josie, it doesn't look like your armor is completely sealed. Let me cast this same spell upon you, it will last about 40 minutes and provide both protect you in combat, but also keep you warm and dry." He casts Invincible Armor on both of them if they accept.


Sir Ronith wrote:Turning to the team (Ronith will radio any present), Ronith will issue a few orders for his team to help. ”Barracuda take Jack, Ash, and Josie and form a scouting detail. Do a sweep of the local area. Perform radio check-ins every five minutes, and contact me at once if you encounter any hostile forces. I shall remain here to assist with the repair effort- Weiss, do what you can for the generator while I see to their radio tower. Grant, if you have any magicks that could help fix either the generator or the radio, I shall take all the assistance if I can get. Otherwise, I would like you to remain nearby- keep an eye on the ley line, and be ready to open a portal in case we need to reinforce Barracuda.”


"If it's mostly structural damage, my magic should be able to restore them, but if it's the electronics, which is probably the case with the radio, it's a no go," Grant says, he points off to the ley line, "Luckily, we have a ley line close by to fuel any magics we need to cast."

Grant waves up to Weiss in the Blue Beauty, as he clicks the transmit button on his radio, "John, how about a quick lift over to the ley line so I can draw upon it and then to the generator first. Seems like power to the town would take priority?"

If Grant is able to get to the ley line, he spends up to 15 minutes there (absorb 20 PPE/melee: 1200 PPE) and puts 900 PPE into an Energy Sphere (before heading back to the town's generator) as well as replenish his reserves. Quietly, he talks to the ley line, "Hello my new friend, what can you tell me?" He uses his senses to read the ley line (length, direction, nexi, rifts, natural disasters).

On the way back, he says to Weiss, "John, I'll be following your lead, your skills will identify those items that can best benefit from my magic just like we did to repair the Blue Beauty. With the generator not on the ley line, it may mean multiple trips for me to have any meaningful impact."

At the generator, he uses his magic and casts Mend the Broken (Special Cost| BOM 108 | Physical Objects Only. At least 20% must remain. S.D.C. : 10 P.P.E. 1 P.P.E. per 2 S.D.C. M.D.C: 30 P.P.E. per M.D.C.) on the various parts at John's direction.

PPE Spent: 90+


For Barracuda and Josie

Code: Select all
[*] Invincible Armor  | BOM 121 | 40.5 min | 225 M.D.C., Full EBA, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerate 1d6 M.D./melee
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 24 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 34

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Before

Jazia wrote:"Thank you for looking out for my son. Keep an eye on that idiot of a husband of mine."


Ashlynn grins. "Always!"

Now

Lyssa wrote:"I expect that was the case. May even still be the situation. So be on your toes."


Ashlynn nods. So... there's more there... but for whatever reason she can't tell us. Not that she don't want to... but she can't.

Weiss wrote:"Gonna need a gunner out there to maximize firepower. Ash you up for it again kiddo?"


Ash nods vigorously. "I didn't get to put enough rounds into bad guys last time, so, uh, YEAH."

Ash climbs into the cramped gunner's nest in the Blue Beauty, and keeps her head on a swivel for danger as they travel, but sees nothing outside of the odd wild animal. Certainly no Deevils.

As they arrive in Gilbert - a town she'd previously staged recon forays from, Ash is dismayed to see its ruinous state.

"Aw... no."

President Wahls wrote:"Eddy was hit hard and most of the town is gone."


Ash is crestfallen. "Not Eddy too..."

Sir Ronith wrote:”Barracuda take Jack, Ash, and Josie and form a scouting detail. Do a sweep of the local area. Perform radio check-ins every five minutes, and contact me at once if you encounter any hostile forces.


Ashlynn hops down from the Blue Beauty, ready to do her part. "Roger-dodger!"

She makes her way into the wilderness, to scout the perimeter around the town, sticking close to Barracuda. Safer to stay in pairs at least.

Scouting Skill Rolls
Ashlynn uses her radar and advanced hearing to get a sense of the environment and alert her of incoming danger. Also, see Perception roll above.
Radar
Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 15 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Distance 92% 1d100 = 48 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Direction 92% 1d100 = 77 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Speed 72% 1d100 = 42 (SUCCESS)
Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100 = 14 (SUCCESS)

Hearing
Range: 360' radius
Estimate distance of sound 70% 1d100 = 57 (SUCCESS)
Estimate speed and direction of approach 60% 1d100 = 86 (FAIL)
Recognize voice or sound (requires concentration) 50% 1d100 = 55 (if a telltale noise is heard - SUCCESS)

If she spots any humanoids
Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 87 (FAIL)
I.D. Undercover Agent 68% 1d100 = 8 (SUCCESS)

If she sees any demon-like or deevil-like threats
Lore: Demons & Monsters 30% 1d100 = 97 (FAIL)

To navigate without getting lost or falling prey to natural geography or predators
Wilderness Survival 65% 1d100 = 5 (CRIT. SUCCESS)


Combat Contingencies
If Ashlynn is attacked, her first action will be to dodge and get away, and radio for backup. She then draws a weapon and fights defensively until help arrives, parrying with her energy shield while dodging, and only striking if melee is unavoidable.

Initiative: 1d20+13 = 21

APM: 9

Action 1: Dodge like hell 1d20+12 = 21
Multitask action 1: Radio like hell - "Ash to Heroes, I have contact!!"
Action 2: Activate Energy Shield
Multitask action 2: Draw magic sword (no stats on hand, sorry)
Action 3: Bouncing Body Block 1d20+9 = 12; Damage 2d4 = 6 + 1d100 = 97/60% Chance of knockdown (No Knockdown)
Multitask action 3: continue to radio - "I am at [location], there are [#] attackers!"

Remaining actions:

Parries (with energy shield): 3) 1d20+16 = 21; 4) 1d20+16 = 27; 5) 1d20+16 = 28; 6) 1d20+16 = 25; 7) 1d20+16 = 35; 8 ) 1d20+16 = 34; 9) 1d20+16 = 20

Dodges (if necessary): 2) 1d20+12 = 13; 3) 1d20+12 = 27; 4) 1d20+12 = 22; 5) 1d20+12 = 14; 6) 1d20+12 = 15; 7) 1d20+12 = 29; 8 ) 1d20+12 = 25; 9) 1d20+12 = 13

Strikes (if melee is unavoidable):
4) Strike with magic sword 1d20+10 = 29; Damage and bonuses unknown
5) Strike with magic sword 1d20+10 = 23; Damage and bonuses unknown
6) Strike with magic sword 1d20+10 = 18; Damage and bonuses unknown
7) Strike with magic sword 1d20+10 = 17; Damage and bonuses unknown
8 ) Strike with magic sword 1d20+10 = 23; Damage and bonuses unknown
9) Strike with magic sword 1d20+10 = 19; Damage and bonuses unknown
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:14 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 26

Thank the stars for this armor. I can barely feel the cold outside. Benjamin rides along in the APC until such a time as he's needed. Passing areas he's familiar with and seeing the decimation upsets him more than just a little bit. We JUST helped these people and now they're dealing with another threat. What a terrible place this is. It just means we'll have to work harder to keep them all safe. That's what the rest of the Agents of Might would have done. That's what royalty should do. It's what I'll do. Keep them all safe. With a suddenly correcting posture, Barracuda settles in to thoughts about his home dimension until the APC comes to a stop. He hops out and at the right time introduces himself to the Gallow Twelve crew. "Prince Corwin of Otherearth's Lemuria. Callsign Barracuda. Pleasure to meet you. Hear you've got a demon problem. Let's put an end to it."

Ronith wrote:Turning to the team (Ronith will radio any present), Ronith will issue a few orders for his team to help. ”Barracuda take Jack, Ash, and Josie and form a scouting detail. Do a sweep of the local area. Perform radio check-ins every five minutes, and contact me at once if you encounter any hostile forces. I shall remain here to assist with the repair effort- Weiss, do what you can for the generator while I see to their radio tower. Grant, if you have any magicks that could help fix either the generator or the radio, I shall take all the assistance if I can get. Otherwise, I would like you to remain nearby- keep an eye on the ley line, and be ready to open a portal in case we need to reinforce Barracuda.”


"Got it, Sir Turand! If I could have a quick word?" Barracuda pulls Ronith to the side to talk about nobility. "We've been in each other's company for some time. When we first met, I asked you to call me Barracuda or Benjamin Berry, as my adoptive parents named me. I've had a change of heart, of esteem, of worth. Anyway, my name. My True Name is Prince Corwin of Lemuria. I'm reclaiming my heritage and you, being a man I respect greatly, lie at the start of that. So, Barracuda in the field, Corwin during downtime. Cool?"

Post conversation, Barracuda gathers his crew (Handsome Jack, Mega KillRocket Superstar and JP) and starts a scouting action throughout the area. Through the woods and fields, they look for any signs of daemonic activity or any survivors that might be around. Any adversity found is met with a charged up King Tide, some unleashed fury and a robo-dog named Striker.

Combat
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10

Action 1: Stab with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 17 Damage: 6d6+16 = 38 MD
Action 2: Stab with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 27 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16 = 29x2=58 MD
Action 3: Stab with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 28 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16 = 47x2=94 MD
Action 4: Stab with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 25 Damage: 6d6+16 = 41 MD
Action 5: Stab with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 11 Damage: 6d6+16 = 29 MD
Action 6: Stab with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 19 Damage: 6d6+16 = 35 MD
Action 7: Stab with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 27 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16 = 38x2=76 MD

Parries: 1d20+11 = 161d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 131d20+11 = 12(CRITFAIL)1d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 171d20+11 = 31(CRIT)

Striker:

APM: 3
Intiative: 1d20+4 = 21

Action 1: Melee Attack. Strike: 1d20+6 = 13 Damage: 1 MD
Action 2: Melee Attack. Strike: 1d20+6 = 8 Damage: 1 MD
Action 3: Melee Attack. Strike: 1d20+6 = 24 Damage: 1 MD
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:14 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 35
JIC 1d100 = 10 1d20 = 19

Virtus wrote:The group, gathering around Ronith are near one of Gallow Twelve's SAMA pilots. He has his helmet off despite the cold and danger, listening to what is said. He looks to be in his 50s and takes the time to light a cigar. Turning to the both of you, he says "That's a shame about Eddy. I have friend's there. They aren't without defenses. It must have been a stiff attack. My name is Joe Spanikowitz." Just then Ravenhill, leader of Gallow Twelves interjects, "But everyone just calls him Spanky." to which he grins, cigar still clenched in his teeth, shaking hands with anyone present.


"Yeah, but his name is not why he gets called Spanky," Weiss calls out as he starts climbing down from the Beauty.

Weiss remembers Spanky from an old job, back when he was still taking money from Blackman. The two of them and a small elite team deployed into the north of Canada some 13 years ago. It was not a job he'd forget and one he really wished he could.

Virtus wrote:President Wahls continues on. "I'd like to get a few volunteers to sweep the woods and fields around briefly for another other survivors... or enemies lingering nearby while we try to get the generators online and reestablish communications." she says, he breath curling up in the frigid night.


Two key systems down at once and Dyvals running around. That doesn't sound suspicious at all. Maybe I am just paranoid after facing a group of shapeshifters, but both the power and the radio being taken down says trying to cut off and isolate the place.

"What happened to them?"Weiss asks the pertinent question as he tries to figure what he might need to do to fix them.

Ronith wrote:Weiss, do what you can for the generator while I see to their radio tower


Weiss grabs his tool box and slings his L-20 over his shoulder No point bothering with the plasma if most of them are immune to it. He toggles his suit systems and beams a communication directly only to Ronith.

"Two systems going down like this screams sabotage to me. It could be incompetence or bad luck, but I am erring on the side of worst case scenario. Might I suggest nobody go anywhere alone."

And if by magic...

Grant Latham wrote:Grant waves up to Weiss in the Blue Beauty, as he clicks the transmit button on his radio, "John, how about a quick lift over to the ley line so I can draw upon it and then to the generator first. Seems like power to the town would take priority?"


If Grant is able to get to the ley line, he spends up to 15 minutes there (absorb 20 PPE/melee: 1200 PPE) and puts 900 PPE into an Energy Sphere (before heading back to the town's generator) as well as replenish his reserves. Quietly, he talks to the ley line, "Hello my new friend, what can you tell me?" He uses his senses to read the ley line (length, direction, nexi, rifts, natural disasters).

On the way back, he says to Weiss, "John, I'll be following your lead, your skills will identify those items that can best benefit from my magic just like we did to repair the Blue Beauty. With the generator not on the ley line, it may mean multiple trips for me to have any meaningful impact."



Weiss climbs back aboard the Beauty and waves Grant up.

When they eventually reach the generator, Weiss will spend a few minutes assessing the damage before carrying out repairs. If there is something Grant can do to assist, such as structural damage, he will direct him to carry out repairs, otherwise to hand him tools. I so need to get myself a suit for assisting repairs.


To repair the generator as required
OOC Comments
Mechanical Engineer 59% (+5%) 1d100 = 5 1d100 = 42
Electrical Engineer 59% 1d100 = 53 1d100 = 31
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 79% (+5%) 1d100 = 46 1d100 = 65
Basic Mechanics 59% (+5%) 1d100 = 72 1d100 = 39
General Repair & Maintenance 104% 1d100 = 15 1d100 = 39


OOC Comments
If combat occurs, presumably Weiss will be carrying repairs and not in position to use the Beauty

Number of Attacks:6
Initiative 1d20+1 = 3

he will take cover and use his L-20, drawing his sword if they get close


attack 1 - take cover
attack 2 shoot with L-20 1d20+4 = 6 6d6 = 23
attack 3 shoot with L-20 1d20+4 = 19 6d6 = 23
attack 4 shoot with L-20 1d20+4 = 8 6d6 = 17
attack 5 shoot with L-20 1d20+4 = 20 6d6 = 24
attack 6 shoot with L-20 1d20+4 = 16 6d6 = 17

contingency
If they are not using energy weapons and his armour starts getting damaged, he will activate a talisman of armour of ithan as required
MDC: 50 (1/2 damage from magical fire, cold, and lightning)

Parry
1d20+9 = 28
1d20+9 = 20
1d20+9 = 11
1d20+9 = 13
1d20+9 = 12
1d20+9 = 15
1d20+9 = 17
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:44 am

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 4, Original post: 1d100 = 72
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 57 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
[*]Sense evil- RUE P. 176, 210ft. area, 33min, can detect general number, intensity, and distance of supernatural evil, or immediately evil intention from non-supernatural.
[*]Ley line proximity- Can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee but must use it immediately, boost range and duration of psionics by 50%.
Object Read: Impressions- Original post: 1d100 = 69 vs. 84%
Object Read: Images- Original post: 1d100 = 29 vs. 76%
Object reading the corpse or her possession.
Field Armorer- Original post: 1d100 = 98 vs. 106%
Basic Mechanics- Original post: 1d100 = 7 vs. 91%
Repair rolls

Perception- 1d100 = 41 vs. 116%
Perception- 1d100 = 64 vs. 116%
To size up Red Eclipse and Lackland’s Dragoons
Jack McDermott wrote:”It seems some folks are wondering why Red Eclipse and Lackland’s Dragoons aren’t enough. Do you know these outfits?”
Ronith will pause and examine the two companies in question before answering. Nothing that looks terribly exotic. ”I do not pay much attention to the other mercenary groups in MercTown unless they cross our path; I do not believe either of these teams has done so.” Should Ronith recognize any of the mercenaries, or his strategic assessment procures any information, he will share it discreetly with Jack and the others.

Barracuda wrote:"Got it, Sir Turand! If I could have a quick word?...We've been in each other's company for some time. When we first met, I asked you to call me Barracuda or Benjamin Berry, as my adoptive parents named me. I've had a change of heart, of esteem, of worth. Anyway, my name. My True Name is Prince Corwin of Lemuria. I'm reclaiming my heritage and you, being a man I respect greatly, lie at the start of that. So, Barracuda in the field, Corwin during downtime. Cool?"
Ronith initially responds, ”Of course”, and allows Barracuda to take him aside. There, he listens to his second’s concerns before nodding. ”Whatever you wish… Corwin. I shall try to remember- do remind me if I slip up. Thank you for entrusting me with this information. I think that it is high time you call me Ronith, as well, do you not?” With a final nod, Ronith returns to work.

Weiss wrote:"Two systems going down like this screams sabotage to me. It could be incompetence or bad luck, but I am erring on the side of worst case scenario. Might I suggest nobody go anywhere alone."
Ronith frowns, and nods. ”You may be right- keep an eye out for signs of foul play. And good advice on going nowhere alone- you and Grant stick together. I shall join you after I have seen to the radio. The deevils are consummate deceivers and tricksters- do not give them an opportunity to employ those skills. That goes for everyone.”

If, while he is working on the generator, Ronith determines that it is beyond his skill to repair he will return to Weiss and Grant. After linking up with them, he will help with the effort to repair the generator as best he can before returning the group’s attention to the radio.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 58/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:10 pm

Conditions
Time: Day 2, 06:30
Temperature: 7F
Visibility: 500ft
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 18"
Radio Traffic: None
Magic Use: Light within 500ft
Ley Line Present within 1 mile


The moon shines bright overhead as the team splits up to tackle different needs. Barracuda, Ashlynn, Jack and Josie set out to patrol the woods along with several member of EWK as well as Spanky flying support along with his wingman, whose call sign is Flathead. Spreading out they search the surrounding woods. Jack makes contact with a small demon. A quick shot dispatches it quickly much to everyone's surprise. Likely it had existing injuries. The found a dozen other bodies of citizens that had frozen to death in the cold snow. Three survivors were found, two with severe frostbite.

Ronith has heard of Red Eclipse briefly in passing, only so much as they were rumored to have unnatural abilities. Lackland's Dragoons were at least numerous if nothing else, only requiring a new recruit to have their own vehicles, leaning towards flying or hover vehicles.

Weiss, Grant and Ronith set out to repair the generator and radio tower. Much of the town in that area had been destroyed in the attack, but these were certainly targets during the assault.

Once the woods are secured and the tower and generator repaired the assembled mercs and Gilbert's militia set out for Eddy.

The assembled force reaches Eddy in two hours. The town was once the residence of nearly three thousand people and a large number of businesses and services, including a small hospital. The eastern part of the town is demolished. Roughly 500 people still live. Eddy Defense Force which once numbered near two hundred and fifty people is gone, taking the brunt of the attack. An additional 500 people were formed into a militia, which is common in the magic zone. Only a couple dozen survived. Most of the hospital is still intact and is working as a temporary shelter as is the local church, which is conveniently a repurposed Quonset hut which has easily been cleared to house survivors amid the winter.

Supplies are left and the forces from Gilbert handle setting up security for what is left of Eddy. The survivors can be moved but many are trying to pick up the pieces of their lives and most are determined to rebuild here. Cornwell also mentions the farming and how critical it is to Merctown.

Moving on the final leg to Croftonland, the terrain shows significant signs of combat. Tree are burned and burst all over, hillsides looking like a giant with a machete cleared the area with little regard as to appearance.

As Heroes for Hire drive on through the night, the devastation gets worse. Bodies and other remains become more common. Several burned vehicles and PA's are spotted and investigated. Most trouble are indications that some of the human remains found in vehicles were allied with Deevil forces, based on their personal effects.

Finally Last Dance, along with Ronith make their way into Croftonland and the utter destruction there. For the last half mile they've been smack dab in the middle of the leyline that passes through the region. A few dozen people are assembled on the dirt road leading into Croftonland's village, or what remains of it. Those on the road are clearly mercs. Last Dance is stopped on the road, where the mercs ask for identification from the scouts. Once confirmed, they wave them on.

The whole group makes it into Croftonland. Only stumps and partial frames of buildings remain. Weiss from his vantage point in Blue notices that there is blast damage that indicates that ground zero is on the other side of town. Cornwell leads the whole team to the otherside where something is definitely curious. Everything has been mowed flat with a crater in the center. Where the center of the crater likely is, is obscured by temporary fabricated walls obscuring vision to the epicenter. Several mercs, clearly battle weary stand at the perimeter, waving everyone with Cornwell through. Cornwell instructs everyone to park their vehicles and come in to get briefed.

Passing through a gap in the fab wall, the groups sees several large tents and a couple dozen people coming and going from them. The VIPs with Cornwell walk towards a pile of large stone gathered in the middle. The ground, though mostly covered in snow, has been cleared at the middle of the crater as if blown clear with a great wind.

A ring almost 100 feet in diameter, made of the great stones has been place on top of the turned soil as if relocated there and a pile is also found in the middle.

Cornwell, the VIPs and several other VIPs that had been in the tents come out as Cornwell gathers up everyone for a briefing. A few weary mercs join Cornwell near the middle. Several magic users cast spells. Grant watches them and realizes they are securing the area from eavesdropping.

"Three nights ago Red Eclipse confirmed the existence of a device that Dyval forces were using to move their troops quickly about the region. At some point in the past month, infilatrators had taken control of Croftonland and was using it as a base of operations. After witnessing the device in use, a message was relayed to Merctown where two GA-16C's were dispatched to subdue the threat. Both delivered their airstrike packages and obliterated the area and a majority of the Dyval forces. Red Eclipse and Lackland's Dragoons followed the bombardment and engaged remaining forces. Only a handful have survived to give us eye witness accounts, including Daisuke Hamamatsu, the last surviving member of Red Eclipse."

What we have specifically brought you here for is safeguard the remains of this device while we try to gather the remains and understand what we are looking at here. We don't believe that any significant forces remain in the immediate area but reinforcements may arrive. In addition, the Federation has agents everywhere in the magic zone. They would be most interested in such a tool. Mystic Knights are also frequently seen near here. You're job is to protect this site for the next several weeks while we try to gather the fragments and any other clues to the operation of the device."

Does anyone have any questions?"


After questions are fielded she bring Daisuke to meet Ronith and Heroes for Hire personally. "Sir Ronith, this is Daisuke Hamamatsu. He witnessed the device in use and the forces here. Among your people is a Lord Magus. I'd very much like Mr. Lathom's thoughts on this device." turning to Daisuke she says "Please, work with Heroes for Hire on this. I know this is a rough time considering the loss of your comrades but endure this for a bit longer."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:06 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 66
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 88


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 40.5 min | 225 M.D.C., Full EBA, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerate 1d6 M.D./melee


Grant clasps John shoulder as the generator starts up and actually stays running, "Great job, John. Being able to repair a complex object like is well, like magic." The light and warmth from this generator is a sign of perseverance of the people. Though I wonder if they wouldn't be safer moving to a nearby town once it's light.

Once the work is done, Grant finds the other mages among the large group and brings those who know the spell he wants to cast to visit the building(s) where the survivors have gathered. He moves among the beds and casts Sustain first on the children, and then any adults present. "You won't know what else has been defiled by these monster until you can assess the damage in daylight, but at least you will not be hungry while you work."

When the call goes out to move out towards Croftonland, Grant stops long enough to replenish his reserves, and then returns to the APC. He takes the time to cast See Aura on each of his team members, noting the distinctive elements in their auras as well as what if any magical energy on their persons.be

"These people are a tough breed to want to stay out here, though I worry that it's not the right time to stand their ground. None of us should travel or go off on our own. The smarter of both Devilkin and Demonkind both like to trick and mislead biding their time to cause the most chaos. It may be good to establish a code word between ourselves so if there is some suspicion we can quickly verify our identities. Perhaps the delicious desert that Marit made before we left. It's not something readily associated with ourselves so most likely won't be in our surface thoughts." Grant says. He chews on his bottom lip as he listens to the others ideas. I wish Beltin were with us, his strong mental gifts would make it easier to identify imposters.

...

Examine the pillars
Lore: Magic (General) 124% vs 1d100 = 91
Lore: Magic (Recognize Circles, Runes, etc.) 114% vs 1d100 = 17
Lore: Geomancy & Ley Lines 99% vs 1d100 = 2
Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 58

Examine the device
Lore: Magic (General) 124% vs 1d100 = 53
Lore: Magic (Recognize Circles, Runes, etc.) 114% vs 1d100 = 27
Lore: Geomancy & Ley Lines 99% vs 1d100 = 10
Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 24

Once the pull up to the pit, the pillars catch Grants eye immediately, but something feels wrong about them. He wraps his jacket around him tightly around his armor and jams his hands into his pockets. The steam of his breath bills about him. His head moves back and forth, a frown on his face as he tries to determine what he's missing. "Why are the pillars here? The ley line is close, but there isn't a nexus nearby. If these pillars are meant to summon or channel energy, why are they not in the ley line?" (Based on the GM notes that the ley line is about a mile away).

When Cornwell asks him to examine a device that had been found, "You mean like some sort of Techno-wizard device?"

When Daisuke comes over, Grant smiles and holds out his hand, "Thank you for your assistance Daisuke, please call me Grant. What have you been able to find out so far?"
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:40 am

JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 72
PER: 1d100 = 41 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Object Read: Impressions- 1d100 = 88 vs. 84%
Object Read: Images- 1d100 = 47 vs. 76%
Object Read: Present- 1d100 = 49 vs. 66%
Object reading the corpse or her possession.

No news is good news, as the humans like to say. Ronith is mostly quiet during the next leg of their journey- he will be attentive to his scouting duties, and to his psionic senses, but otherwise he will stay off the radio. As they arrive first in Eddy then in Croftonland, Ronith volunteers his and his team’s services wherever they can be helpful. But Ronith knows that there is only so much Heroes for Hire individually can do to help such a tidal wave of human need, and so he reluctantly pushes them on their way when the time comes. Finally, they arrive at their destination. Ronith will again direct the others to setup a makeshift camp wherever is appropriate, and to park the vehicles as close to there as they can. Wary ever since deevils were first mentioned in connection with this mission, Ronith does a brief survey of the area before proceeding. There, he listens attentively. ”Grant, do what you can to help them out. I shall join you when we are finished here.” Ronith considers the situation with a frown. The remnants of a device of unknown function, but likely substantial amounts of deevil-driven power, whatever it may be. An unknown number of factions vying for it, too. Wonderful. Still, the cyber-knight finds himself without much in the way of questions- Ronith can see the need for his team to safeguard such technology (or is it techno-wizardry), he just wished someone there had answers as to its nature. No help for it. We shall need to keep an aggressive watch. Ronith will therefore remain silent for most of the rest of the briefing.

Virtus wrote:"Sir Ronith, this is Daisuke Hamamatsu. He witnessed the device in use and the forces here. Among your people is a Lord Magus. I'd very much like Mr. Lathom's thoughts on this device." turning to Daisuke she says "Please, work with Heroes for Hire on this. I know this is a rough time considering the loss of your comrades but endure this for a bit longer."
Ronith turns to the newcomer and nods sharply. ”Good day, Mr. Hamamatsu. I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the Granite Hall and Commander of Heroes for Hire. Please accept my condolences- I can only imagine what an ordeal it must have been to witness the destruction of the rest of your company. What can you tell us about what happened?” Ronith lets the others introduce themselves before proceeding with his question, but with a nod directs Grant to begin his own investigation. Of all of those present, the magus is the most likely to be helpful.

Still, Ronith will do what he can- when the briefing is done and Daisuke (and anyone else) is finished adding what they can, Ronith will remove one glove and touch any remnant of the device that he can. Steeling himself with a deep breath, Ronith will object read the fragment and learn anything that he can, including the present status of its owner ((ISP not deducted)). Assuming the attempt doesn’t leave him too much the worse for wear, Ronith will see to getting the others settled in their accommodations at that time.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 58/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:59 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 57

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 52

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Ashlynn surveys the devastation as they pass through Eddy, Gilbert, and into Croftonland. These used to be living communities. We passed through here not weeks ago... and now there's not much left.

As Cornwell gathers the group leaders and such into a briefing, Ashlynn tags along, reasoning that she can try to answer questions they might have based on her scouting a few weeks ago. She listened to the briefing, taking note of Daisuke Hamamatsu, last survivor of Red Eclipse. I'm a last survivor too... Poor guy. It sucks to feel that alone.

When Cornwell asks if anyone has questions, Ashlynn stays quiet - she has a million questions, of course, but now is not the time.

Later, When Cornwell brings Daisuke over, Ashlynn pays special attention.

Cornwell wrote:"Sir Ronith, this is Daisuke Hamamatsu. He witnessed the device in use and the forces here. Among your people is a Lord Magus. I'd very much like Mr. Latham's thoughts on this device. Please, work with Heroes for Hire on this. I know this is a rough time considering the loss of your comrades but endure this for a bit longer."


After he talks with Ronith and Grant, Ashlynn steps to his side. "Hi! I'm Ashlynn. Hey I heard you were the last survivor of your merc crew, the red Eclipse. Me too. Not the Red Eclipse though, that'd be weird. I'm the last survivor of Myrmidon's Might - but they didn't operate out of Merctown. So... I know what it's like. If ya need anyone to talk to, I'm here. You're in good hands with Sir Ronith - he's got a great crew in the Heroes for Hire - more like a family than a crew, actually - HEY! Maybe you could join! If Sir Ronith okays you - ya gotta agree to follow his code of honor but that's easy if you're not a jerk - you could join up. Anyhow, mull that over a bit. This is Huey!" She nods to her bookwyrm, trundling over. "All right see ya!"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 31

Finding the frozen bodies brings a glower to Barracuda's face underneath his helmet. If it's not the supernatural, it's nature herself. Bummer. Barracuda gives Handsome Jack a thumbs up when he takes down the demon during the patrol. Otherwise, he is silent and vigilant.

The drive is similarly terrible for the Lord of the Bay, watching as entire towns are destroyed beyond recognition and bodies line the path. Arriving at Croftonland, Barracuda's eyes widen a bit as he sees the damage to the town. This is our destination?! Getting to the pit and receiving a true briefing, Barracuda starts to understand a bit more about the scenario. If he notices the mages sealing the area for sound, he'll smirk and nudge Ashlynn. "They stole my trick."

Once the time for questions comes, he'll remove his helmet and speak up. "I've got a question. The remains we're guarding. Is it this pile of exploded dirt? Or is there something else we should be keeping our eyes on?" I mean, obviously kill any demons that come through and capture any of the humans working for them, but what exactly should I be chasing someone for if they run away?

When Daisuke is introduced, Barracuda extends a gloved hand to the shorter man shaking firmly. "Prince Corwin. Callsign: Barracuda. Sorry to hear about your crew. Like Ashlynn said, you can stick with us through this. We've got your back."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 36 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 and 1d100 = 87

The hunt, scouting the forest.

Jack creeps through the woods with he others thinking to himself, There are so many of us we are going to scare the demons off. He watches his surrounding closely as they move noticing a distinct lack of small animals in the trees. ”The forest is spooked.” he says out loud not really addressing anyone in particular. As he walks slowly he doesn’t seemingly see any tracks, human or devil. ”It’s not normal to see so little tracking with so much going on.” he notes to the group just as his eye catches a small demon off in the distance.

Jack draws back his bow and eye the demon, ”Goodnight, sweet heart, well, it’s time to go!” he says as he looses the energy bolt. The bolt strikes true and the small demon falls lifeless. Jack quickly makes his way to the body to make sure it is indeed dead. He checks over the remains for any weapons, items or artifacts. ”Could have been a scout. Maybe a messenger. It was either hurt or weak. I doubt it is representative of what is truly waiting for us out here.” Whatever Jack finds he will pocket for later to show Sir Rontih.

After killing the demon, the group continue to scout the surrounding area. Finding many frozen bodies Jack is reminded of his first years on this planet. That could have been me. He is slightly relieved when they find a couple survivors, telling them, "You're gonna be alright. We got you now"

The long ride into hell

Jack rides along side the APC on his trike. Looking around as they make their way through the devastation he wonders, What the hell happened here? The flattened earth and partial remains of the village as they enter gives Jack an awkward feeling in his stomach. He keys up the Heroes direct radio channel, ”Not sure 200K is enough boss. This is like world war 10 out here. I don’t think we are getting he whole story.”

When they make it into town Jack follows the team into the crater passing through the gap in the wall. He looks around taking in the seen but remains quiet. When the mages start casting around them he is left uneasy looking to Grant to see his reaction. Not seeing any worry on Grant’s face Jack settles a little and listens to the briefing. During the briefing Jack get’s a distinct feeling that there is more to the story but doesn’t ask any question.

Waiting till the heroes separate and gather together to discuss the mission Jack looks to Ronith, ”Sir, They must know more. I just have a feeling.” When Daisuke introduces himself Jack looks him up and down, Is he a plant? Last survivor huh? Jack nods to the man and says, ”sup” and asks Ronith if he can have a minute. Stepping to the side, not very quietly he says, ”If we are going to scout, it shouldn’t be in mass force. I get a feeling we scared away anything that might have been watching us in the forest. We need to sneak through. Set and wait. Draw them out.” Jack will then tell Sir Ronith about anything he may have found on the small demon back during the last scouting trip.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Daisuke » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:04 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 76 | 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 13| 1d100 = 80%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
Stats
    HP: 21/21
    SDC: 81/81
    PPE: 13/13
T-43 Explorer
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 20 each
  • Legs: 25 each
  • Main Body: 70
Weight: 20 lbs
Modifiers: Good to fair mobility, -5% to Climb and Swimming, -12% to other physical skills.
Features:
  • All features standard to Triax environmental armor (p.34, WB5)
Book Reference: p.56, WB 34
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +4%
Toxins (15+): +1
Magic (varies): +1
Magic (Illusions): +2
Magic (mind-altering): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor: +9
Disease: +2
Drugs (mind-altering): +6
Possession: +6
Active Magic and Psionics

    Virtus wrote:After questions are fielded she bring Daisuke to meet Ronith and Heroes for Hire personally. "Sir Ronith, this is Daisuke Hamamatsu. He witnessed the device in use and the forces here. Among your people is a Lord Magus. I'd very much like Mr. Lathom's thoughts on this device." turning to Daisuke she says "Please, work with Heroes for Hire on this. I know this is a rough time considering the loss of your comrades but endure this for a bit longer."

    From behind the faceplate of his T-43 body armor, Daisuke scrutinizes the legendary mercenary figures standing before them. Five-O was right, these are heavy hitters. Their names are household names in New Paducah.

    When Cornwell makes his introduction to H4H, Daisuke nods once, "Understood." The rest of her words wash over him like crashing waves. The crew that welcomed me in this crazy world. Gone. My homeworld, destroyed. My fellow Arismal, an endangered species. For now, I go where fate guides me. Narrow is the path. Should have listened to me... Further weakness will not be tolerated. the nagging voice in the back of his head reminds. Daisuke mentally shakes him off, though of late, with so much loss and self-doubt, the effort has become increasingly difficult.

    Grant Latham wrote:When Daisuke comes over, Grant smiles and holds out his hand, "Thank you for your assistance Daisuke, please call me Grant. What have you been able to find out so far?"
    Ronith wrote:Ronith turns to the newcomer and nods sharply. ”Good day, Mr. Hamamatsu. I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the Granite Hall and Commander of Heroes for Hire. Please accept my condolences- I can only imagine what an ordeal it must have been to witness the destruction of the rest of your company. What can you tell us about what happened?” Ronith lets the others introduce themselves before proceeding with his question, but with a nod directs Grant to begin his own investigation. Of all of those present, the magus is the most likely to be helpful.

    "Grant, Sir Ronith Turand," Daisuke acknowledges, performing a quarter bow of respect to each in turn before spotting Grant's extended hand and remembering the local custom. He gives Grant a hearty handshake. The handshake is a sign of respect and willingness to parlay. It shows that both parties are engaging with open hands, no weaponry. Daisuke reminds himself.

    "Cornwell's debrief captured the essence of it. Red Eclipse, the unit I was with, was tasked with investigating why enemy reinforcements seemed to replenish so rapidly. During one of our long-range scouting missions, we observed the device in action. The call for an air strike was a no-brainer. We confirmed payload delivery and were planning to return to our side of the battle-lines. But the counter-attack caught us off-guard. Most surprising was its intensity and tactical aptitude. Deevil forces seemed to know a bit about Red Eclipse's deployment and immediately cut us off from rejoining Lackland's Dragoons. With the numbers that came at us, we needed the artillery support and heavy infantry they provided. We were corralled and even as we tried to make breaks toward freedom, our moves were anticipated and countered. Like a tightening vise, they squeezed us to the breaking point."

    Behind his faceplate, Daisuke's eyes tear up a bit as he relives the trauma of the events. A moment passes and the Hoshi man chokes back the sorrow before continuing, "I tried to get the others out... I have a... talent at covering distances quickly. And could have done so... But we were hindered by our wounded. Trying to EVAC them was our initial priority. Deevil forces seemed to know this and focused their attention on keeping us from this objective. Unfortunately, they also recognized me as the source of the portal and forced me through one prematurely, snapping it shut. Their numbers were so great even on the other side, I was harried by Deevils and by the time I picked my way back to the battle... my compatriots had fallen."

    Ashlynn wrote:After he talks with Ronith and Grant, Ashlynn steps to his side. "Hi! I'm Ashlynn. Hey I heard you were the last survivor of your merc crew, the red Eclipse. Me too. Not the Red Eclipse though, that'd be weird. I'm the last survivor of Myrmidon's Might - but they didn't operate out of Merctown. So... I know what it's like. If ya need anyone to talk to, I'm here. You're in good hands with Sir Ronith - he's got a great crew in the Heroes for Hire - more like a family than a crew, actually - HEY! Maybe you could join! If Sir Ronith okays you - ya gotta agree to follow his code of honor but that's easy if you're not a jerk - you could join up. Anyhow, mull that over a bit. This is Huey!" She nods to her bookwyrm, trundling over. "All right see ya!"

    Daisuke is sideswiped by the whirlwind of words that is Ashlynn. He stands in mute silence as she greets, shares an intimate detail about herself, invites him without authority to join H4H and departs. "Daisuke, a pleasure." the Arismal manages to the back of Ashlynn's head as she makes for her bookwyrm familiar.

    Barracuda wrote:When Daisuke is introduced, Barracuda extends a gloved hand to the shorter man shaking firmly. "Prince Corwin. Callsign: Barracuda. Sorry to hear about your crew. Like Ashlynn said, you can stick with us through this. We've got your back."

    Again relying on the social norms Red Eclipse had taught him, Daisuke shakes Barracuda's hand. "Prince Corwin. Thank you for your condolences and support. I hope I'll be able to contribute to such a prestigious outfit such as Heroes for Hire."

    Jack McDermott wrote:Jack nods to the man and says, ”sup” and asks Ronith if he can have a minute.

    "Supper in the mess... about 12 hours from now." Daisuke answers usefully, misconstruing the native colloquialism.
    User avatar
    Daisuke
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
    Location: Heroes for Hire


    Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest