Torment

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:14 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Weiss wrote:Probably best they stay out of the way... maybe use an empty locker."


Ash turns to Huey. "Waddaya think, Huey? Will ya go an' wait in the APC? This is a bit hairy out here."

Weiss wrote:"What's your read on the new girl?"


"She's neat!" Ashlynn beams. "She seems like she'll keep her word, near as I can tell. An' she seems to know a lot about dimensional stuff! Least ways, we can keep her around 'till we get back home, and if she wants to part ways then, it's all good, but I told her about Ronith's rules and she didn't flinch so I think she's prolly able to keep them."

As Ronith addresses Keiko, Ashlynn stands close by. She IS my responsibility, after all.

Ronith wrote:”We shall need to talk, later- I need to know more about your capabilities. But Grant seems to have a use for you, so I shall leave you in his hands. Ashlynn, you are with them."


She grins. "Yay!" She turns to Keiko. "Grant's super cool, you'll like him. He put my arm back on once," She points at her arm, "...and he gave me a bunch of talismans - talismen? - so I have more than just my normal tricks to use in battle."

She turns to Grant. "Talismans? Talismen? What's the plural on that?"

Ashlynn watches from a distance as Grant and Keiko check out the foreboding door. How come it always gotta be doors, huh? What about THAT, universe? Tryin' to make me afraid of DOORS? Well, I won't!

As they have similar reactions to it, Ashlynn refrains from rushing in to pull them away, reasoning they're better able to handle bad door-mojo than she ever would be, and doing something foolish like that, this time, would only add to their problems by making them have to rescue her.

Keiko wrote:"Jack, Ash, Let's go. We need to leave this thing. Can some one make note of where it is. I have a feeling we may see it again."


Ashlynn nods. "Okay... it's right," she points at the door, "... THERE." She chuckles. She helps Keiko and Grant slog through the water back to Ronith at the APC.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Conditions
Time: Day 3, 01:25
Temperature: 26F
Visibility: 50ft (heavy fog)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 12"
4 feet of flooding
Radio Traffic: heavy, heavy interference
Magic Use: Extreme magics within 500ft. Triangle rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 200ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile


The fog from Grant's spell is very thick, thankfully. Much more heavy than it would normally be, which many of the magic users within their group make note of.

Grant, Keiko, Jack and Ash investigate the door. Ash hangs back as the other three look at the structure. Grant is the first to look closer, considering that it might be some relation to the device. However, he can quickly see this isn't constructed in the same manner. He reaches out with his mind to understand it. Keiko too joins in. They find themselves fastened tight to indistinct ground. They are at the top of an ancient set of stairs descending into darkness. In the darkness are humanoid forms, hundreds of them. They are much larger than human sized; easily 8 feet tall and more. The nearest of the forms are gathered in a group of four. At their head is being, female in form save for its horrific face. it speaks to the others indistinctly. The being notices Grant and Keiko watching and climbs the stairs until it stands over them. The aura now caressing them is mixture of hatred, domination and desire.

It smiles at them. "This world wants us to come, begging for an end to their wickedness. They've called to the darkness so that we may come and claim our own. Rare it is to see two so willing." It approaches uncomfortably close to the both of them. The voice is supple, encouraging you to accept the inevitable and pledge yourselves, but its face is full of death. Before it can speak anymore, Keiko and Grant struggle to escape. Just as desperation begins to grip them, a light is seen from the corner of their eyes and their minds are thrown out of that prison.

Jack can feel the despair as he inspects the arch. While he can't make out any magic circles, it's not hard to tell this is a cursed object. Fear tries to push its way into his mind. Ashlynn comes to move him away which seems wise as he can hear whispering from inside the crack that is getting louder. Ash's mangled arm continues to throb harshly. ((-1 to attacks/parries with that arm)). Jack screams and tries to cover his ears, though his helmet is in the way. Nothing he does can get the voice out of his head. If it keeps speaking, he knows it will swallow his soul. The only hope he has is to puncture his own ear drums to stop the voice. He slings his helmet off and reaches for the wooden steaks in his sack, withdrawing one. Unfortunately it's too large for his ear canal, but that doesn't seem to stop him from trying. Ashlynn wrestles him down when Ronith shows up and uses mind block on the lot of them, which smothers the voices in Jack's head but sends blood pouring from Ronith's nose.

The four of them retreat. Grant's not sure what that door is, but it's dark. It's dark even to one who has seen greater darkness. Thinking back to Broken Door, Grant recalls the ominous presence he had felt from that tower that was trapped in time. While less, there is familiarity there, though what was kept in the tower, who's to say?

Ronith approaches and tries Frost Fang's healing. Touching the blade to the structure creates a hissing and sparks as the sword glows white hot! The healing spell has no effect on the doors, but soot remains on Frost Fang, though it wipes away. The blade glows with heat for several minutes. Only Ronith's armor saved him from severe burns. The cyber knight tries to use object read, though as soon as begins to open his mind, blood pours from his eyes and ears, and suffers from severe vertigo. He stumbles away and takes several minutes to right himself. His head throbs worse and knows a good rest may set him right. Right now, using psionics in quick succession may be ill advised.

The survivors are glad to be going somewhere rather than sitting inside that building waiting for death. There are some clearly crumbling under the pressure. They've been relegated to the interior by their fellows, having already trod that path while inside the capital building. A surprising number seem to be alert and ready to live. Perhaps it's a side effect of whatever ailment has settled upon them, but their mood is better, even if their health isn't.

Barracuda speaks to Ryver. "Me?! I hate water. I drowned in a pool when I was 6. They had to resuscitate me. My dad died when I was 13 when St Louis had flooded. So no, no connection to water and it certainly doesn't listen to me." she says, holding a hand out and waving it like she was a wizard, to which the water is unresponsive. However, he noticed as soon as he began the conversation about water, a current of water surged between Ryver and himself and grew stronger as she spoke of her father, before subsiding. He's sure she is having an impact, but doesn't seem to have conscious control of it.

The waters stay ankle deep as they walk southeast with the glowing fire of the plane crash beside them.

The group encounters hardly anyone, using buildings and other features to hide their travel. They come to the river and follow the river south to an overpass. The fog is getting thicker yet, but the roar of missiles and weapon fire can be heard from the bridge.

Ryver mentions that this bridge could take them over the river. Carver cautions that he doesn't think they'd be permitted to pass considering his reception earlier. "They don't know what to think and don't want to let anything out. It's too late for that, but they seem bent on it." he adds. Even more unsettling is the sound of laughter from someone up on the bridge.

Last Dance moves out cautiously and discovers a train trestle further down and barges, but they don't proceed further.

A vehicle filled with people turns a corner but immediately turns around once the driver sees their group. Along the way several bodies are seen in the flood waters and are in the streets. The sounds of sirens distant in the night continue wailing as the smell of more fires drift their way.

Weiss and Daisuke watch the sensors from Blue. Radar confirms airborne targets. Some in pairs and some lone. Grant and Daisuke having advantageous experience with both military and supernatural suspect that lone targets may be creates, considering their flight patterns. None are close. Warnings beep in tandem with the sounds of missiles. While none are locked onto them, Blue's radar is still registering the launches. Thermal scans can make out 20 soldiers on the bridge plus other signatures that are hard to make out, but likely heat sinks and or exhaust from vehicles.

((How do you wish to proceed from here?))



https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive?state=%7B%22ids%22%3A%5B%221F4_NHP-ulaaz50ouylNJbxJfstd6-bzV%22%5D%2C%22action%22%3A%22open%22%2C%22userId%22%3A%22103049176717156285327%22%7D&usp=sharing
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:23 pm

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 72
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 76


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 1968/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 87.75 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 81 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 54 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 135 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 162 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 27 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 54 min | 270' radius


(As a reminder, Grant will continue to cast Ley Line Storm Defense as needed while moving through the storm ridden ley line area to keep magic stable for the group. He's also renewing his protective magic as needed.)

Lore: Demon & Monsters 134% vs 1d100 = 75 | Any useful info about the beings he saw at the door
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 104% vs 1d100 = 10 | Any useful info about the beings he saw at the door

Grant leans heavily on Keiko as they pull away from the door. When Sir Ronith's mind block cuts off the connection, Grant straightens up and stands unassisted. "Thank you Keiko, did you see the hundreds of huge humanoids and the female one that spoke?" If we both saw the same thing then it wasn't a figment of my imagination. If it was a mental illusion, it was at least projected to us both. But I don't think, so it was a real place. And those beings are waiting to spill out and pillage our world. We need to stop it if we can, but I don't know how prevent it.

He shudders as he remembers the expression on that horrific woman he saw through the doorway. He casts Cleanse upon himself, twice in quick succession. He thinks back on the various impressions he'd gotten while linked to the stone door. "The beings we saw weren't prisoners, but I got the sense they were on a similar order of what I had felt while in the pocket dimension accessed by the Broken Door." He realizes what he's said and looks towards Keiko to see if she reacts to what he mentioned. "There was a being there that was trapped by the extreme entropy of that dimension. These beings, aren't trapped that same way, they just need the way opened."

He sees Jack with Ashlynn hovering protectively and Sir Ronith's bloody face, and moves over to them and says, "Here let me help."

With a definite expression of ick on his face, he reaches out to each of them and Casts Heal Wounds (BOM 106 | 10 PPE | Heals 3d6 SDC, 1d6 HP | 15 PPE to cast on MDC beings (house rule)) realizing that casting Cleanse would only solve the problem for a moment. He then follows up with Cleanse (BOM 93 | 6 PPE | 2 people by touch) to remove the stains of the blood on their clothing and skin. "Better," he says regardless of whether Jack or Sir Ronith agree with him.

He looks around at the battle still raging around them. "I told Keiko earlier we needed to close the door, but I don't think we can, are choice is to stay and try to push them back, or leave and let what happens happen." Grant raises his left arm in a clench fist, frustration in his face and voice. Rhetorically, he asks, "Damn time travel paradoxes. Do we have free will or not?"

As they walk, Grant talks to the ley line, it's voice surprisingly timid in his mind. "Thank you. Those beings had almost trapped me, if you hadn't broken the rhythm of that voice, I might have been lost. No, no, it will not always be as bad as this, but you will always struggle with the arch. I don't know why it's acting that way, I can't see anyone of goodwill knowingly construct the arch in such a way to create a permanent dimensional rift."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Keiko:

Perception: 1d100 = 35/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 3;1d100 = 13

Active Effects


Keiko helps Grant back from the door, her fur still puffed out from between her armor.

Grant Latham wrote:
Grant leans heavily on Keiko as they pull away from the door. When Sir Ronith's mind block cuts off the connection, Grant straightens up and stands unassisted. "Thank you Keiko, did you see the hundreds of huge humanoids and the female one that spoke?" If we both saw the same thing then it wasn't a figment of my imagination. If it was a mental illusion, it was at least projected to us both. But I don't think, so it was a real place. And those beings are waiting to spill out and pillage our world. We need to stop it if we can, but I don't know how prevent it.

He shudders as he remembers the expression on that horrific woman he saw through the doorway. He casts Cleanse upon himself, twice in quick succession. He thinks back on the various impressions he'd gotten while linked to the stone door. "The beings we saw weren't prisoners, but I got the sense they were on a similar order of what I had felt while in the pocket dimension accessed by the Broken Door." He realizes what he's said and looks towards Keiko to see if she reacts to what he mentioned. "There was a being there that was trapped by the extreme entropy of that dimension. These beings, aren't trapped that same way, they just need the way opened."


Keiko's voice is quiet, just above a whisper, "Yes. I saw them. They are waiting. Waiting to consume. The power, the hunger for this world...it's palpable." Keiko shudders. There is something wrong about this hunger. It's not like Devon's. He needed his to live. It gave him life. This is more...carnal...I guess. Some deep part of me wanted to accept the offer. But I can't, not this one. And not till I have brought those responsible for Devon's death to their own end. Keiko lets grant stand on his own when he is able to. When he does she begins trying to brush her fur back under her armor plates, her voice is back to it's normal bubbly tone, "Silly biological reactions. You would have thought evolution would have gotten rid of this particular one. Oh well. That's about as good as I can manage in our current situation. It is interesting that you have come across something like this before. This is a first for me. But you are correct that those were not prisoners. I would hesitate to call it an invasion force. But they did appear to be awaiting the opening of the door."

Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 76/45% (To see if Keiko can identify anything from the other side of the door)


Grant Latham wrote:He looks around at the battle still raging around them. "I told Keiko earlier we needed to close the door, but I don't think we can, are choice is to stay and try to push them back, or leave and let what happens happen." Grant raises his left arm in a clench fist, frustration in his face and voice. Rhetorically, he asks, "Damn time travel paradoxes. Do we have free will or not?"

As they walk, Grant talks to the ley line, it's voice surprisingly timid in his mind. "Thank you. Those beings had almost trapped me, if you hadn't broken the rhythm of that voice, I might have been lost. No, no, it will not always be as bad as this, but you will always struggle with the arch. I don't know why it's acting that way, I can't see anyone of goodwill knowingly construct the arch in such a way to create a permanent dimensional rift."



Keiko smiles warmly at Grant when he talks about free will. "Oh your will is free. But so is the will of those we face. It matters not if you think we have free will, it matters how strong you can make your will. Strength of will is what we thrive on. It's what keep us going from one thing to the next. At one time I believed that destiny was written in stone and actions were preordained to happen. My husband opened my eyes to the contrary. He also taught me how much raw willpower can help you endure and guide you on your own path." He opened my eyes to everything I know now. I wonder if he knew how he would die. Or if he knew the will of the others were too much for him to handle...He needed me to have the drive to seek them out and kill them. Even in death he helps drive me forward. Keiko gives a little giggle. "Sorry, random thoughts. Anyway I would not worry too much about paradoxes. Either our actions are in keeping with history or they are not. If it's the latter then our worries will quickly no longer matter. If it's the former then it's something we have already done and we just have to remember how we did it." Keiko gives him a gentle pat on the back for reassurance.

As they approach the bridge and the barricades come into sight, Keiko lets out a heavy sigh. "Well, Sir Ronith, what's the plan here? That a lot of heavy artillery for a bridge. It's too big an area for me to freeze in time. Do you think talking to them would be a good idea? Given the time I'm told we are in I think I will stay hidden in the APC. I will be ready in case things go sideways." Keiko winks to Sir Ronith and takes a seat in the back of the APC.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Daisuke » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:21 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 71 | 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 16 | 1d100 = 42%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Adhesion
  • Instant Wardrobe [35lbs] (2/3)
  • Instead Weapon [80lbs] (1/2)
    • Lynx Laser Rifle
    • <empty>
Stats
    HP/MDC: 51/51
    SDC: 191/191
    PPE: 13/13
Crusader EBA
Image
[size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 30 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 95
Weight: 24 lbs.
Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
Features:
  • All features standard to environmental armor
Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 24% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +6 (+1)
Magic (varies): +6 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +9 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +14 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +6 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor: +9
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +8 (+6)[/size]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.4 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 7 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

[Inside Blue Beauty:]

While safely ensconced within the massive ‘bot, Daisuke swaps out the heavy Crusader EBA for the Bush Pilot Jumpsuit. The lighter suit replaces the heavier in the blink of an eye. Upon seeing the radar pings and scan results, he lifts up his faceplate and squints hard in thought.

”You know,” Daisuke muses aloud to Weiss while they observe the goings-on from within Beauty’s cockpit, ”if I were tasked with maintaining a perimeter with a shoot-first mandate, I would deploy a defensive line at the chokepoints like the bridge, assuming that most traffic, hostile or not, can be intercepted as they flee via the conventional route.” The Arismal points at the heavily clustered thermal scans at the bridge. ”Of course, air superiority would need to be maintained, so I would have mobile air… maybe power armor or air attack foils in close support engaging enemy fliers.” Daisuke points at the radar blips and guesses that the paired signal is likely part of the perimeter containment force while the lone signals perhaps are stray demons or another flier spewed out of the Rift. ”And I’d keep indirect fire support at the ready to call in as needed. Either missile battery, artillery, or fast-moving air support like fighters or bombers. That would explain the missile barrages.”

Daisuke leans in close to the screens, ”So our goal is to figure out where the holes in the perimeter are and how we can best exploit them to get our people to safety. Unfortunately, as a group we are slow moving and have walking wounded.” The Hoshi taps his chin thoughtfully, ”In our favor… well, there is the fog. So we likely haven’t been spotted quite yet. And then my ability to open portals seems not to be adversely affected by the numerous environmental abnormalities. So we can take unconventional routes.” A thought occurs to him as he looks around the cockpit.

”Blue Beauty is fully environmentally sealed, right? It doesn’t happen to have sonar, does it?” Daisuke points at the massive Mississippi, ”Can we find out how deep that river is? Can Blue Beauty ford it? If it is not too deep, perhaps we can have Beauty submerge, unmoor several of those barges upriver and while most of them float downriver, we can have Beauty guiding one to just beneath the bridge. We can load up all those we are looking to transport onto the barge and walk it across the river staying close to the bridge pylons so that we are effectively below the stationed perimeter forces. And in combination with the fog, we should be able to reach the other side without detection.”

Daisuke checks the comms with the desire to communicate his idea but is met instead with heavy static. ”If we get into a firefight, this will be a serious problem,” the Arismal mentions to Weiss ”High chance of friendly fire. Especially factoring in the low visibility. Pity we don’t have some other means of communication.”

He points over at where the other H4H members are, ”I’m going to head over to brainstorm this idea with the others. Did you want to come or would you prefer to stay with Beauty?”

[On the ground with other H4H members]
Sir Ronith, I’d like to confirm that our goal is to reach the other side of this river so that we are no longer subject to a tightening containment perimeter here within the city.” Daisuke asks the CO, knowing little of the trials and tribulations being endured by those tackling the evil door problem. Should Sir Ronith answer in the affirmative, Daisuke will lay out his idea about using Blue Beauty, but that it is contingent upon assessing how deep the river is.

Inspiration suddenly strikes him and he asks Barracuda, ”Prince Corwin, am I to understand that since your callsign is Barracuda that you have talent on and under water? How difficult would it be for you to assess the river… how deep it is, how cold, the strength of its current. If we intend to reach the other side, these would be critical factors to know. My idea to use the Beauty and some decoy barges to cross is dependent on Beauty’s ability to ford the river. I’m worried based on its size that my plan may be untenable.”

Another idea also occurs to him, but he isn’t sure how he has a sense of it. And Daisuke heads over to Ryver, keeper of the bowls. ”Pardon the intrusion. My name is Daisuke Hamamatsu. I am with the Heroes for Hire. I believe I overheard you discussing with Prince Corwin whether or not you have the ability to manipulate water. Seeing as how we are confronted with needing to cross a mighty river, I wanted to come see if you feel any different or have any reservations about it.” That is not the real reason you are here. Kondo’s voice suddenly intrudes in Daisuke’s mind. He chooses not to think back a response to his darker ego but knows it speaks true. Instead, Daisuke is taking the opportunity at conversation to mimic Ryver and assess whether she has any unique powers that may be useful to their current situation ((i.e. Does she have Control Elemental Force: Water, but simply doesn’t know how to harness it? Or is her affinity to water simply the Hydrokinesis psionic power?)).
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 79 vs 45%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 and 1d100 = 63

Nothing in the world around Jack matters. The voices in his head are maddening and unrelenting. With a wooden stake in hand and Ashlyn struggling to stop Jack from jamming it in his own ear tears begin to form in Jack's eyes. His own thoughts drowned out by the blood curdling screams in his head. The tears forming from the pain and from the sheer desire for it all to end, no matter how it ends, just to end.

When the screams are washed away Jack collapses tot he floor, relieved of the physical pain, still panting with his heart racing. Begging in his own mind still reeling from the horror of it all, Please no. No. No. Please make it stop! Finally able to even hear his own thoughts Jack does what he can to try to normalize his breathing. He pulls one foot to the ground beneath him, still kneeling on one knee in front of Ashlyn. Jack looks up and takes a deep breath, "The door, it's, bad. Don't go, near, the door." He drops his head slightly and musters ever bit of inner strength he can. He pushes off the one leg and makes his way to both feet, leaning into Ashlyn and hugging her tight he simple whispers in her ear, "Thank you."

Jack does his best to compose himself and looks to Ronith, "The voices, they wouldn't, stop. Did you? Did you make it stop?" In a sudden realization as he sees Grant heal and cleanse the blood from Rontih, Jack gasps, "What is going on?" Jack looks around at the team, the survivors and all the others that came through the rift with them. This is worse, much, much, worse. We would all be better off dead. Jack shakes his head and lets out a very unsteady chuckle, "Ok. Jokes over folks."

Jack is clearly lost in worry, fear and pain. Any steadiness he gained through years of surviving in the rifts wilderness was slowly backsliding. Any acceptance of the strange ones around him starting to losing hold. This new environment making his new home seem like a welcoming, rich lavish life. Jack looks toward Keiko, Is it the cat? Did she do this? Did she say something about time magic to grant. He looks back at Ronith, But. The elf. He helped you. Didn't he? Or. Jack brushes himself off he moves away from the group, close enough to hear them and the plans but positions himself in a way so that no one is behind him. He watches. Quietly.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:10 am

**Rolls Held Over**


Active Effects


Keiko note Ash helping Jack as she and Grant come back to their senses. Keiko focuses on providing incite to Grant first. As they are leaving she notices the withdrawn nature of Jack. He was much more quippy when I first arrived. I've only been here a short time but I think he got hit hard by the door. I wonder if he saw what was on the other side? No he would have been talking about it. Sounds like he just got voices in his head, and powerful ones at that. If he can't think clearly he may end up a liability to the safety of everyone here. Which would hurt our chances to get home. Well, Lets help the poor fellow out.

Keiko walks over to Jack. She keeps her pace neutral and still has her natural smile on her face. "Its never fun to encounter powerful artifacts like that. If you would permit me I can take your fear for a short time. It's not much maybe five minutes. But you look like you could use a break to collect your thoughts." Keiko still has her pleasant soft tone of speech.

If Jack says yes, Keiko will lay a paw on his shoulder and use Suppress Fear.

If Jack says No, Keiko will simply nod and respect his wishes.

Either way Keiko notices the Bow Jack carries is near identical to hers. Keiko will cock her head to the side for a moment, "Interesting. I thought mine was unique. May I ask where you got yours from? Mine was a gift from my husband."
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:37 am

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 30

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 56

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

As Ash watches Grant, Keiko, and Jack try to make sense fo the door, her scarred arm begins to throb painfully. absentmindedly, she rubs at it to try to alleviate the sensations. It does not work.

Suddenly, she sees Jack tear his helmet off and attempt to puncture his own eardrums. She springs into action.

"Jack, NO!" She tackles him and wrestles him to the ground, her new armor thankfully enhancing her strength enough to protect Jack from himself. When Jack stops struggling, she looks up and sees Ronith's bloodied face. What? What happened?

Jack wrote:"The door, it's, bad. Don't go, near, the door."


Ashlynn nods, still clinging to him. For once, she's at a loss for words. She stares at Grant , Ronith and Keiko, looking for something, anything, to make sense.

Jack wrote: "Thank you."


She turns and smiles at him kindly. "No one hurts my friends, buddy. No one." She hugs him in return, and helps him get steady on his feet.

This... place is a nightmare. If this is where I'm from I'm glad I left. As Jack attempts to step away from the group, Ashlynn grabs his arm tighter. She turns and smiles at him. He needs to focus... this place is getting to him...

"Hey Jack... Can you take point, find the survivors a clear path to the APC? There may still be zombies or whatever out there, and with all that rushing water the footing's bound to be iffy." She smiles again, and lets go. "You're the best there is at blazing a trail."

She proceeds with the group to the bridge, until they see the barricades.

Keiko wrote:"Well, Sir Ronith, what's the plan here? That a lot of heavy artillery for a bridge. It's too big an area for me to freeze in time. Do you think talking to them would be a good idea? Given the time I'm told we are in I think I will stay hidden in the APC. I will be ready in case things go sideways."


She looks at these humans, barricading off their own city from the giant riftstorm inside... She doesn't need a particularly keen eye to know they're afraid and confused. They've never heard of a rift, and for them a demon is nothing more than a threat, or a distant memory... or a boogeyman. Afraid people are the most dangerous people. She looks to Ronith. He knows all this... he's smart, capable. We're in good hands.

To Keiko, she says "Good idea... they're new to all this. Scared."

If Huey hadn't already gotten into the APC, she hands him off to Keiko. "No complaining Huey... they'll shoot you if they see you. Go with Keiko." She brooks no argument from the bookwyrm. She looks around at the rest of the group. Almost all the H4H look human. Or close to it. Such a change from the Myrmidons Might, she thinks, recalling the Mercs who took her in and raised her from a child - Pangur Ban the killcat, Ishmael the Freeborn Monkeyboy Gorilla, T'avi the M'Raaghille mystic, and Hagbard, the group's only other human. These scared soldiers guarding this bridge would've opened fire on the Myrmidon's Might without a second glance. Scared and dangerous.

"Guys... keep any power displays down to nothing if you can... the humans here are real scared. Don't give 'em a reason to panic."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:54 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 55
PER: 1d100 = 80 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
[*]Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
[*]EBA Psionic Electromagnetic Dampeners: +2 to Save vs all Psionic Attacks and Possession Attempts, +1 to Save vs Magic Illusion and Mind Control.
[*]EBA Integrated Sensor Pod: +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise.
[*]EBA exoskeleton: +4 PP, +20 Speed, +10' to leaps, +10% to Climbing, Reduce Fatigue by 75%.
[*]Mind block: RUE P. 174, immune to telepathy/etc., +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks, 147m00s left.
[*]Group mind block: RUE P. 178, as above but everyone in a 240-foot radius. 188m00s left.
[*]Headaches: Half APM until further notice.
The headache comes roaring back almost as soon as Ronith gets to his hovercycle, so instead of acting as a pseudo-scout he drops back and rides alongside the main convoy. If the knight judges his concentration to be impaired, he’ll even head back to Josie and the APC and ride there instead of taking any chances on his bike.

At the gateway, Ronith immediately begins pulling his team back once the gate’s ill effects become apparent. ”Everyone, get back! Jack!” seeing the scout struggling, Ronith grabs him and hauls him (nearly effortlessly) back to the APCs at a safe distance, then patting Jack on the shoulder and heading back to the gate. Ronith does his thing, with disappointing if predictable results, and drops to one knee and groans as the pain intensifies and blood pours freely. ”Aargh!” Ronith pops open his armor faceplate again, trying to get some air, whereupon Grant arrives and applies some magical healing (or cleansing). Ronith breathes deeply, and heavily, and manages to nod and reply in a weakened voice ”Thank you, Grant.” Meanwhile, the cyber-knight’s mind is racing to try and understand what is happening to him. My mind block is not protecting me, and the others are either unaffected or affected less severely. Something is wrong- what is happening to me? I can barely think straight. Ronith closes his eyes, continuing to focus on his breathing while he steels himself, before eventually standing up again.

He turns and regards the door- his chest still heaving but less so. Every fiber of Ronith’s being wants to charge in, to stop whatever it is waits beyond the door before it can harm the innocent. But his rational mind knows there is a very real possibility of suicide if he does that- which would save no-one, and possibly strand his team in the middle of the apocalypse. Ronith hates these kinds of choices- dueling responsibilities, each path worthy and righteous, each path dedicated to saving lives, but no clear right answer. Really hates them- they remind him of Tolkeen. Ronith’s mind races as he regards the gateway, desperate for a third option but coming up with nothing. Then Grant throws him a lifeline.
Grant Latham wrote:"I told Keiko earlier we needed to close the door, but I don't think we can, are choice is to stay and try to push them back, or leave and let what happens happen." Grant raises his left arm in a clench fist, frustration in his face and voice. Rhetorically, he asks, "Damn time travel paradoxes. Do we have free will or not?"
”I know one way to find out, or at least take our best guess.” Tapping his radio, Ronith messages Weiss on the team’s secure frequency. ”Weiss, check in with the future- has anything changed that you can see?” Assuming the answer is no, Ronith turns back to Grant and nods to himself. ”First Broken Door, now here. I refuse to believe that is a coincidence.” Ronith makes a decision, takes a deep breath, and continues. ”We move on. As you say, we know of no way to seal the entrance. Make sure we can find our way back here later if need be. If these beings are related to those behind Broken Door, then the most likely outcome is either they never emerge or they are somehow resealed before our present time. If our present is still intact, then anything we do here can only perturb that outcome, and we had best leave well enough alone.” Of course, if we are wrong, and these are different beings that will get loose, I just made the apocalypse that much worse. Deep breaths, headache intensifies. Steady, Ronith. Remember your training. Remember what Lord Coake did when the rest of you went off to war. One step at a time. Save the ones you can first. He looks back out over the convoy. For the first time in his life since the fall of Tolkeen, doubt creeps into Ronith’s mind. He isn’t sure he’s up for this. But Ronith knows that betraying his doubts will only make things worse, that like it or not he’s the best any of these people have got, and so he will need to indulge his feelings later. Ronith shoves his emotions out of his mind, and (less successfully) the headache, and strides back to the APC.

Keiko wrote:"Well, Sir Ronith, what's the plan here? That a lot of heavy artillery for a bridge. It's too big an area for me to freeze in time. Do you think talking to them would be a good idea? Given the time I'm told we are in I think I will stay hidden in the APC. I will be ready in case things go sideways."
Ronith nods. ”I do not think magic can get us out of this one, Keiko, and those soldiers do not seem to be in a very talkative mood. For now, sit tight, but remain vigilant.”

Daisuke wrote:Sir Ronith, I’d like to confirm that our goal is to reach the other side of this river so that we are no longer subject to a tightening containment perimeter here within the city.” Daisuke asks the CO, knowing little of the trials and tribulations being endured by those tackling the evil door problem. Should Sir Ronith answer in the affirmative, Daisuke will lay out his idea about using Blue Beauty, but that it is contingent upon assessing how deep the river is.
”Correct. I do not think we should try to ford the river, however. This is the Mississippi- the second-largest river on the planet. I suppose technically, the amazon might not qualify as a river anymore. Regardless of the environmental conditions, the dimensional rifts are dumping all manner of creatures onto Earth- including aquatic aliens and demons. I can say from experience that Barracuda can handle himself under such conditions, but anyone else would be vulnerable and slow-moving. I would rather try to talk our way past NEMA’s perimeter.” However should Daisuke or anyone else mention Ryver’s abilities with water, and Daisuke’s ability to mimic it, Ronith’s opinion of the plan will immediately change. ”See what you can do- if you can dam the river long enough for us to ford it, that would likely be our safest option.”

”We need to get over the bridge. Lt. Col. Carver, am I to understand that you are pessimistic about your chances of talking our way through the perimeter?” Assuming he answers in the affirmative, Ronith has to take a moment and consider his options. Daisuke and Grant can’t teleport all of these vehicles across the river, and any crossing north of their location will require going back towards the arch. ”Will that train trestle hold us?” Ronith considers his options. Daisuke damming the river is the most attractive, as it would allow them to cross immediately with minimal risk. Failing that, the train trestle doesn’t seem too far, and Ronith will head there unless he has reason to believe that it won’t hold all of the ground vehicles making up the convoy. Option number three is to try and talk their way across the bridge before them, with Carver taking point and Ronith staying back but close enough to nudge whoever is in charge towards trusting Carver and letting them through (via empathic transmission).

Either way, Ronith decides that it’s no longer safe for him to be patrolling alone at the head of the convoy, and he parks his hovercycle in the team APC and takes a seat from which he can get outside easily. His headache returns- Ronith removes his helmet and massages his temples with his eyes closed. It doesn’t work. Fighting his own frustration, Ronith tries to meditate- but the effort only worsens his headache, and he gives it up almost immediately. My entire inner balance is off. I need a way to focus my mind without traditional meditation. In desperation, he casts about- and spots the puzzle box given to him by Zero Moon in Houston. With a lack of any other options, Ronith takes it out and begins fiddling with it- to see if he can get it open, at least until the team starts crossing the river. Maybe it will help ease the pain, but if nothing else it’ll take his mind off of the situation for a few minutes. Perhaps that will prompt some better ideas.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:49 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 79 vs 45%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 3 and Original post: 1d100 = 63


Ashlynn wrote:She turns and smiles at him kindly. "No one hurts my friends, buddy. No one." She hugs him in return, and helps him get steady on his feet.

This... place is a nightmare. If this is where I'm from I'm glad I left. As Jack attempts to step away from the group, Ashlynn grabs his arm tighter. She turns and smiles at him. He needs to focus... this place is getting to him...

"Hey Jack... Can you take point, find the survivors a clear path to the APC? There may still be zombies or whatever out there, and with all that rushing water the footing's bound to be iffy." She smiles again, and lets go. "You're the best there is at blazing a trail."


Jack replies shortly, "Yeah, point. Got it!" and before she walks away fully, "Be safe!"

Keiko wrote:Keiko walks over to Jack. She keeps her pace neutral and still has her natural smile on her face. "Its never fun to encounter powerful artifacts like that. If you would permit me I can take your fear for a short time. It's not much maybe five minutes. But you look like you could use a break to collect your thoughts." Keiko still has her pleasant soft tone of speech.

If Jack says yes, Keiko will lay a paw on his shoulder and use Suppress Fear.

Either way Keiko notices the Bow Jack carries is near identical to hers. Keiko will cock her head to the side for a moment, "Interesting. I thought mine was unique. May I ask where you got yours from? Mine was a gift from my husband."


As Keiko walks toward Jack, he stiffens a bit. What does she want? When she talks about fear he replies, "Who is afraid? Not me. I'm wired tight. Good to go." And as she reaches her paw out he starts to pull away, but something inside he stops and allows her to place her paw on his shoulder. Suddenly, his mind calms, and he asks, "What did you do?" As he looks into her eyes he becomes abruptly aware that his helmet isn't on and his face buff is down. Embarrassed he quickly pulls his face buff to his nose and jests, "Wouldn't want you to swoon from my beauty." In the moment he is calm, he feels alive again. In the moment he looks and sees a kindness in Keiko's eyes. A reminder that he can't hold on to the anger and the hate. He says, "Thank you!" Smiling under his buff and starting to blush a little at the realization that he seems to find this kitty to be pretty he is confused.

Jack shakes the thought off quickly and repeats himself, "Thank you." Jack walks off and looks to find who is in the lead, "maybe I can help," he suggests. "I am about as normal as it gets. I can talk if we feel those we are approaching might have some misgivings about our friends with "differences." Jack looks around, knowing, this isn't going to be easy, We just need to work together.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Daisuke » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:37 am

((rolls carried over))

Ronith wrote:”Correct. I do not think we should try to ford the river, however. This is the Mississippi- the second-largest river on the planet. I suppose technically, the amazon might not qualify as a river anymore. Regardless of the environmental conditions, the dimensional rifts are dumping all manner of creatures onto Earth- including aquatic aliens and demons. I can say from experience that Barracuda can handle himself under such conditions, but anyone else would be vulnerable and slow-moving. I would rather try to talk our way past NEMA’s perimeter.” However should Daisuke or anyone else mention Ryver’s abilities with water, and Daisuke’s ability to mimic it, Ronith’s opinion of the plan will immediately change. ”See what you can do- if you can dam the river long enough for us to ford it, that would likely be our safest option.”

"I see." Daisuke responds surprised by how much Sir Ronith knows about geography. "Even with the ability to manipulate water, given the size of the river, it would perhaps not be a great tactic to try to ford it. A sudden damming would certainly draw the attention of those stationed at the bridge chokepoint. And we would assume considerable risk trying to walk the length of it. Should the power fade for whatever reason, or if we suddenly started being shot at we would all be lost. Since the river is so large, if we cross it, we should either secure a water-worthy vessel or traverse the bridge."

Sir Ronith wrote:”We need to get over the bridge. Lt. Col. Carver, am I to understand that you are pessimistic about your chances of talking our way through the perimeter?” Assuming he answers in the affirmative, Ronith has to take a moment and consider his options. Daisuke and Grant can’t teleport all of these vehicles across the river, and any crossing north of their location will require going back towards the arch. ”Will that train trestle hold us?”

"I worry that the train trestle may also be monitored by the perimeter forces. I know that were I in charge of containment, I'd have eyes on it. Unless of course you think the fog is thick enough that it will obscure our presence." Daisuke remarks, then tries to be more constructive. "Do we have any idea who is commanding the containment forces? Have we heard the person over the radio? Perhaps with a little subterfuge, we can grant ourselves access. The goal would be to emulate an order from their superior that our group is permitted to pass. After we send the faux message, we would need to jam comms so that a countermanding order would not be able to be heard. Or alternatively, we could try to trick the Forward Operating Base (FOB) into believing that we are in fact allowed to pass. But to do so we would need a really good reason. Maybe a VIP or somesuch."

The Arismal seems quite torn about it, "Subterfuge is risky if Colonel Carver is correct about them having a "shoot on sight" standing order. With such a non-discriminatory order, it is difficult to justify exceptions. I would still advocate for getting on a boat, raft or barge and crossing the river that way, just beneath the bridge so that we are not easily spotted."

"Colonel Carver, certainly you must have some sort of emergency command frequency that is used during emergencies. If you did not have communication equipment before when you were holed up, you have it now with us. Are you absolutely sure that we can't radio anyone for permission to pass? What does 'NEMA' stand for and what does it do? I assume it is some sort of military outfit. But did it have an overarching mission?" Daisuke asks the Colonel. Maybe he isn't really a Colonel. Kondo remarks. That is a possibility, but he still has plenty of military personnel that seem to be under his care. We just need to leverage whatever connections he has to try to get us all to safety. Daisuke thinks back to his alter ego.
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Perception 56% 1d100 = 98
JIC 1d100 = 96 1d20 = 19

Ashlynn wrote:"She's neat!" Ashlynn beams. "She seems like she'll keep her word, near as I can tell. An' she seems to know a lot about dimensional stuff! Least ways, we can keep her around 'till we get back home, and if she wants to part ways then, it's all good, but I told her about Ronith's rules and she didn't flinch so I think she's prolly able to keep them."


Weiss gives Ash a thumbs up, trusting her judgement. She knows people, so trusting your instincts kid.

"Good to hear," he says, before stopping to think for a second, "when we get out of this mess and back home, I think you, Jaz and I need to have a little chat."


Virtus wrote:Weiss and Daisuke watch the sensors from Blue. Radar confirms airborne targets. Some in pairs and some lone. Grant and Daisuke having advantageous experience with both military and supernatural suspect that lone targets may be creates, considering their flight patterns. None are close. Warnings beep in tandem with the sounds of missiles. While none are locked onto them, Blue's radar is still registering the launches. Thermal scans can make out 20 soldiers on the bridge plus other signatures that are hard to make out, but likely heat sinks and or exhaust from vehicles.


"That's the bridge locked down," Weiss observes, halting the Beauty at a suitable distance, "Easy choke point, crossing that means most likely fighting people we don't want to hurt and trying to cross with one hand tied behind our backs will get everyone killed."


Daisuke wrote:Daisuke leans in close to the screens, ”So our goal is to figure out where the holes in the perimeter are and how we can best exploit them to get our people to safety. Unfortunately, as a group we are slow moving and have walking wounded.” The Hoshi taps his chin thoughtfully, ”In our favor… well, there is the fog. So we likely haven’t been spotted quite yet. And then my ability to open portals seems not to be adversely affected by the numerous environmental abnormalities. So we can take unconventional routes.” A thought occurs to him as he looks around the cockpit.

”Blue Beauty is fully environmentally sealed, right? It doesn’t happen to have sonar, does it?” Daisuke points at the massive Mississippi, ”Can we find out how deep that river is? Can Blue Beauty ford it? If it is not too deep, perhaps we can have Beauty submerge, unmoor several of those barges upriver and while most of them float downriver, we can have Beauty guiding one to just beneath the bridge. We can load up all those we are looking to transport onto the barge and walk it across the river staying close to the bridge pylons so that we are effectively below the stationed perimeter forces. And in combination with the fog, we should be able to reach the other side without detection.”

Daisuke checks the comms with the desire to communicate his idea but is met instead with heavy static. ”If we get into a firefight, this will be a serious problem,” the Arismal mentions to Weiss ”High chance of friendly fire. Especially factoring in the low visibility. Pity we don’t have some other means of communication.”

He points over at where the other H4H members are, ”I’m going to head over to brainstorm this idea with the others. Did you want to come or would you prefer to stay with Beauty?”


"If I make the radar too active, they will pick us up, but I doubt on this stretch when they have a full city to quarantine that we have enough vehicles that I can't track them all." He drums his fingers on the console, thinking of options. Use that Brain of yours

"Infrared searchlights will help with the fog, but they will have them too. Seeing those SAMAS flying overhead tells me that our tech is not so far removed from the Golden Age. Frak, seeing them tells me the CS lie like frak about creating the SAMAS armour in the first place." Still, that means a lot of heavy firepower and I've not heard any telltale booms of a Glitter Boy that the NEMANs were supposed to have. An attempted cross ends very badly and pretty quickly.

"Long range comms are not viable. From what little I recall on the end of the Golden Age, Long range comms are screwed, but the Beauty has a powerful short range transmitter. See if I can open up enough for us."

He turns the scanners to the barges and trestle bridge

"We want to get across but the likelihood is that the train trestle is also guarded. Perhaps not as heavily but it is not so far away that reinforcements can't get there quickly. I'll stay here. Keep the NEMA forces under surveillance and let anybody know if they change disposition. No Sonar here, try not to go underwater. Get Barracuda to check the water. If it is less than 500 feet, the Beauty can handle the pressure for several hours, but I doubt those barges will cope unless the Beauty is lying down. heck, we have several NEMA soldiers in the APCs. Has anybody spoken to them to see if they can help us get across?""

Electronic Countermeasures 69% 1d100 = 74 try to break through the static and eavesdrop on comms
Electronic Countermeasures 69% 1d100 = 57 break through to be able to use the comms
Sensory Equipment 74% 1d100 = 90 passively keep track and see what can be picked up
Surveillance 75% 1d100 = 91 try to track movements without being noticed
Mechanical Engineer 64% 1d100 = 89 can the train trestle handle the weight of the APCs and Beauty
Military Fortifications 44% 1d100 = 46 what defenses are likely to have been put in place

Ronith wrote:Tapping his radio, Ronith messages Weiss on the team’s secure frequency. ”Weiss, check in with the future- has anything changed that you can see?”


How the frak am I supposed to do that? was the thought that went through Weiss' mind, but he merely answers "Acknowledged!" he reaches him and gently lifts the bowl over to the console, trying not to sound stupid as he asks the question.

"Hey honey, I don't supposed you've noticed any changes, you know any large evil empires based out of where the St Louis Devil Arch is now there?"
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 58

Ryver wrote:"Me?! I hate water. I drowned in a pool when I was 6. They had to resuscitate me. My dad died when I was 13 when St Louis had flooded. So no, no connection to water and it certainly doesn't listen to me."


"Sorry to hear about your dad. Mine was killed by..." Probably not the time to mention powers. Have to keep people calm. A guy with weather powers? Really? Now? "killed in a boating accident when I was 17." Barracuda notes the water moving unnaturally as she speaks and notes that in his head. She just doesn't know... I remember the uncertainty. "Well, stick with us Ryver. We'll keep you safe."

Daisuke wrote:[On the ground with other H4H members]
Inspiration suddenly strikes him and he asks Barracuda, ”Prince Corwin, am I to understand that since your callsign is Barracuda that you have talent on and under water? How difficult would it be for you to assess the river… how deep it is, how cold, the strength of its current. If we intend to reach the other side, these would be critical factors to know. My idea to use the Beauty and some decoy barges to cross is dependent on Beauty’s ability to ford the river. I’m worried based on its size that my plan may be untenable.”


"Excellent plan. I'll be on comms." Barracuda leaps into the river and proceeds to check into it's properties (depth, width, speed, temperature, wildlife, other).
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:36 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Active Effects



Jack McDermott wrote:
As Keiko walks toward Jack, he stiffens a bit. What does she want? When she talks about fear he replies, "Who is afraid? Not me. I'm wired tight. Good to go." And as she reaches her paw out he starts to pull away, but something inside he stops and allows her to place her paw on his shoulder. Suddenly, his mind calms, and he asks, "What did you do?" As he looks into her eyes he becomes abruptly aware that his helmet isn't on and his face buff is down. Embarrassed he quickly pulls his face buff to his nose and jests, "Wouldn't want you to swoon from my beauty." In the moment he is calm, he feels alive again. In the moment he looks and sees a kindness in Keiko's eyes. A reminder that he can't hold on to the anger and the hate. He says, "Thank you!" Smiling under his buff and starting to blush a little at the realization that he seems to find this kitty to be pretty he is confused.

Jack shakes the thought off quickly and repeats himself, "Thank you." Jack walks off and looks to find who is in the lead, "maybe I can help," he suggests. "I am about as normal as it gets. I can talk if we feel those we are approaching might have some misgivings about our friends with "differences." Jack looks around, knowing, this isn't going to be easy, We just need to work together.



Keiko gives Jack a warm smile as she sees the Psionic ability take effect and she answers his questions, "I used a psionic ability to suppress your fear." Keiko will giggle at Jack's joke against himself. " You're welcome. I have always thought our scars told the stories of what we survived without the need for words. You should not be embarrassed of them. You have survived a lot. Much more then most. That is a fact to be proud of." Keiko turns to leave, then turns back, "I think you look better with your buff down, but that's just me." She leaves him with a wink and she sets her hair swaying in time with her walk.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:53 pm

(rolls carried)

A vein in Grant's head is still pulsing with some regularity as the group decides how best to get across the river, his right eye twitches a bit involuntarily before of the pressure. He raises his hand to get Sir Ronith's attention. "The ley lines are thick in this area, criss-crossing across the river. We could use an edge of the super nexus or find a sub nexus on this side of the river, and a similar connected nexus on the other side. This should allow myself, and perhaps Keiko to be able to determine if a ley storm is active there as well and whether I could cast Ley Line Storm Defense to mute it's effects before we travel. I too would be hesitant to try for a farther destination without some better knowledge of what is currently happening at the destination, but going just a mile or two might be worth the risk."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:19 am

(rolls carried over)

Weiss wrote:"when we get out of this mess and back home, I think you, Jaz and I need to have a little chat."


Ash nods hesitantly. "Roger that," is all she says, but her mind is reeling. Is this it? Is this where they tell me thanks but they don't need me any more? I know they need to spend some time together - obviously - they've been separated for a long time, and they need to reconnect. And I have no part of that, clearly. But... I know I got too close, especially to Zac, and this is gonna be them telling me to step back, for sure. Okay, Ash, yeah, maybe you need to step back some and let them be a family again. Without me. Sure. I mean... there's... if...

She grins at Weiss and offers him a thumbs up. "Sure thing! Let's get these folks to safety first and then do the next thing and then get back home!"

It's no big deal, she thinks, I've kept my promises at least. Most of them. I still gotta teach Zac to ride a motorcycle, but... I mean I can do that later. And while her face is grinning like a madwoman at the challenges ahead, she bears a telltale lump in her throat.

She falls back in line with Keiko, trying to keep an eye on her as instructed, but also trying to distract herself from her own thoughts.

"HEY Keiko. How's it goin'? I see your top half is drying off so that's good. Do you ever blow-dry your fur? I did that once to T'avi when I was little and he poofed all up, it was glorious. They took my blowdryer away after that. Hagbard turned it into a heat gun for repairs. Only you don't know Hagbard and T'avi, or Pangur Ban or Ishmael. They raised me. They're gone now, so I'm with the Heroes for Hire, but I was alone for a long time. That's never good, to be alone, y'know? It sucks. But the Heroes are cool - they even let me stay around after I blew up their HQ - which was an accident! It's been repaired so it's all good now." She smiles and nods perhaps a little too vigorously. "So - we're friends now. I decided." She punches Keiko playfully on the shoulder. "Sorry! I mean, I hit you - I have a habit of doing that, but I try not to hurt folks. Not that you're fragile or anything, I'm sure you're not - but sometimes it takes folk by surprise. I used to hug people - sometimes I still do - but Hagbard told me once I gotta stop because it's even worse than the punch on the shoulder. Somehow. He never really explained that one. An' it DOES take folk by surprise, I guess." As they approach the bridge, she continues to chatter happily - or seemingly so.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:37 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Active Effects



Ashlynn wrote:
She falls back in line with Keiko, trying to keep an eye on her as instructed, but also trying to distract herself from her own thoughts.

"HEY Keiko. How's it goin'? I see your top half is drying off so that's good. Do you ever blow-dry your fur? I did that once to T'avi when I was little and he poofed all up, it was glorious. They took my blowdryer away after that. Hagbard turned it into a heat gun for repairs. Only you don't know Hagbard and T'avi, or Pangur Ban or Ishmael. They raised me. They're gone now, so I'm with the Heroes for Hire, but I was alone for a long time. That's never good, to be alone, y'know? It sucks. But the Heroes are cool - they even let me stay around after I blew up their HQ - which was an accident! It's been repaired so it's all good now." She smiles and nods perhaps a little too vigorously. "So - we're friends now. I decided." She punches Keiko playfully on the shoulder. "Sorry! I mean, I hit you - I have a habit of doing that, but I try not to hurt folks. Not that you're fragile or anything, I'm sure you're not - but sometimes it takes folk by surprise. I used to hug people - sometimes I still do - but Hagbard told me once I gotta stop because it's even worse than the punch on the shoulder. Somehow. He never really explained that one. An' it DOES take folk by surprise, I guess." As they approach the bridge, she continues to chatter happily - or seemingly so.


Keiko smiles at the rapid fire way Ash talks and laughs at the hair dryer story. She keeps a collection of pets, is eccentric, and seems to be a kind of techie...Kind of. Nearly cliche. She is an interesting one. She actually reminds me Desiree. Dez would never stop talking, but she was a good friend. Too bad she is still stuck in the town she grew up in. I wonder if she would end up like Ash if she had left.
Keiko lets the blow land and playfully cuffs Ash back. "Well I do prefer hugs but this works too. As for my fur I like to towel it dry. I have a fur comb and hair brush my late husband gave me to help keep all my fur and hair in check. But yes. I have used a hair dryer before with similar results. My fur can puff. I tend to look rather silly when it does. I actually prefer to wear dresses over this armor. But the armor has it's practical reasons. A well made dress though. It's freeing. Less restrictive. It lest me feel the breeze flow though my fur. It feel like when you take your helmet off after a long time and the wind blows through your hair. My brother was always telling me to wear more practical attire." Keiko leans in conspiratorially, "I would get back at him by using a hairdryer on him. You know just to get on his nerves. He would wake up all puffy and then jump up and chase after me. He was never as fast as I was. I Always got away." Keiko still has that conspiratorial smile on her face as her mind recalls those younger days when things were simpler. "Sounds like you had a good family. Some of the closet family are the ones you chose. The ones that are not of your blood. Those bonds I have always found stronger then blood. I'm glad you are my friend Ash."
Ah. The innocence of this one. She has kept it in spite of the things she has gone through. Or maybe its a facade she uses. Time will tell. She still seems loyal. Goofy and eccentric, but a good friend.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Conditions
Time: Day 3, 02:12
Temperature: 27F
Visibility: 50ft (heavy fog)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 12"
4 feet of flooding
Radio Traffic: heavy, heavy interference
Magic Use: Extreme magics within 500ft. Triangle rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 200ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile


The sounds of combat roars on, though muffled. Though Weiss hadn't noticed it early on, likely due to the chaos, the sound of Glitterboys in the distance is noted. The fog is so heavy now, it obscures everything.

H4H asks Carver again about getting them across and emergency channels. "Well, when the radios work. The past fews days our equipment has been failing at random. But the answer to your question is the modern military I'm afraid. Each one of our comms is personally ID'd. After we were washed in that energy and everything went sideways, we were ordered to maintain our position. We waited for several hours while we fought it out with zombies and other things less pleasant. While we waited, Walker, my tech officer noticed our tags in the system had been flagged and our zone access was rescinded. The whole city is locked down right now, which is a joke. People are dying in masse. Even the first day the hospitals were being flooded with unknown illnesses. People just getting sick and dying. Then you had people losing their minds in the streets. Which I get. Then you have other things in the dark. Most of the forces are trying to kill anything coming out of the arch portal and the other portals appearing in the city. And... I don't know if you believe in ghosts, but I've seen things these past few days that could only be described as that. Insanity is ripping through the populace. They blocked our radios from secure channels. Walker's been working on getting us back in since that point, but she hasn't cracked it yet." to which one of the soldiers, a red headed woman, looks up from a laptop and nods at H4H.

"The last communication I had was two days ago. They told us we were being quarantined and they would send a containment crew to pick us up as soon as possible. That was Lieutenant General Hoskins. She was brief and there was a funny tone to her voice that gave me the impression that no one was going to pick us up. Every time we approached, we were fired on, which is almost unbelievable. Of course some of the systems are automated, but still."

Answers from the Bowl.

Weiss focuses on the bowl and speaks into it, hoping to get an answer as to any temporal disturbances. He can see Jaz and Zoe inside what must be the college. Many people are hurrying around in a library. Jaz looks down and answers her husband. "They've already been consulting other... well, magic people. No sort of issue has been reported.

So here's what they are thinking so far. They feel strongly you are in this earth's past rather than an alternate dimension. They also feel strongly that these bowls forced a link between the two times. They are still trying to figure out why, but the current thought is to have you travel to the local of the nexus you came through in Croftonland and maybe the link can reopen the rift.

They didn't feel the device provided a temporal pathway, but mostly like it shoved you from the nexus of Croftonland in your time to the place you are now while it sat in the open temporal rift."


Nexi

Grant can sense another nexus due west three miles and another one to the south west. There are more to the east. The leylines here swell with emotion and communing with them is unnerving. It's not the homogenous voice he is used to, but violent, surging, confused individual voices, fighting one another. And it's getting worse.

Grant notices, though likely no one else does, that the refugees are faintly glowing with magic energy. All of them are. He's not sure what's going on, but he suspects they may be infused with more magic than they can hold. Unfortunately, there's so much magic in the air right now, it's hard to to get a much better idea. Either way, it's a concerning condition. Normally an overabundance of mana just dissipates, but these people may be jam packed with it and it's not just dissipating.

The Mighty Mississippi

((Daisuke, I'll post following this once I read up on your mimic powers a bit more))

Huey growls and fights being relocated to the APC. He feels alert and wary. Grant still sense the presence of supernatural threats nearby as do many others with the capability, no doubt Huey included. Looking back no one in the group can even make out their whole entourage at once. Just a mass of people in the fog. Streetlights aren't working as the sounds of vehicles and screams sound blocks away. Footsteps echo in a nearby alleyway but where they are, there are no sounds. The breath of the refugees puff out in the freezing air. Several of the people not inside vehicles dance around in the winter night but no one is saying anything and everyone moves quietly as if by instinct if not training.

The river is out of its banks and the sounds of flood waters rushing nearby is heard.

"Its likely the trestle has someone on it. This fog can help us though. Sensors haven't been worth crap the past few days. Sometimes we can't get anything to work. Either way, it's likely we've got a few people on or near that trestle. We should have fire support that can reach, but in this fog it could be difficult for them to support."

A barge might be usable. There are patrols in the river though. However, right now you can't see a hundred feet, so we might have a shot. As far as the patrols, I've seen them from a distance, even as late as yesterday. I'm sure there are people that know this isn't right, but fear has them in a mood to ignore reason.

Worse, I was transferred here last month. Back in Chicago I know this crap wouldn't fly. At least I'd like to think so. If we can reach the other side of the river there is a chance. I know the CO of Tango company. She'd listen to me at least."


Barracuda and Ryver

Daisuke, Barracuda and Ryver are gathered together among the refugees, discussing her powers. When they draw close to the Mississippi however, Barracuda notices she breathes heavier, almost panicked and has drifted closer to him, though it doesn't seem conscious. it's obvious she cannot see in the dark, but the sound of floodwater rushing near has her eyes wide. "I can't swim." she says in a very small voice. Barracuda notices the floodwaters and ice they've been splashing through for the past mile doesn't come near Ryver.

Barracuda walks down to the flood waters and slips into the icy water. Slipping beneath the surface, he sees a murky world of darkness. The water is just below freezing at the surface but deeper it warms just slightly, if warm it can be called. Passing a few fish, he comes across long submerged debris, including remnants of a vehicle and perhaps an old bridge. approaching the bottom near the middle of the river, he'd guess its depth to be about 50 feet. There are various fish, but there are larger shadows in the water that swim away as he nears. They looked possibly humanoid, which puts him on alert. He runs into several bodies in the water. One reaches for him as he comes near, clearly a zombie. It's swiftly stilled by King Tide. He reaches the far bank, guessing the width to be around 2500ft. He returns, seeing nothing more of the shadowy humanoid forms.

Daisuke's body ripples as he adopts Ryver's abilities. Her body is surprisingly average if not a little below. (8 SPS, 10PP, 9PE) but he can feel power surging within him, but it's unstable. It is like other super abilities he has mimicked before but it's out of control. He can barely manipulate the water, but it does seem to respond to his subconscious commands. Stepping to the river's edge he removes a glove to expose his skin to the harsh chilly waters and watches as the water peels back so as to keep him from being discomforted. Like water control but a wild version that hasn't stabilized yet and possibly imbued and disrupted by the conditions here.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:32 pm

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 45
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 31


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 1968/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 40.75 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 34 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 54 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 88 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 115 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 7 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 7 min | 270' radius


(As a reminder, Grant will continue to cast Ley Line Storm Defense as needed while moving through the storm ridden ley line area to keep magic stable for the group. He's also renewing his protective magic as needed.)

As if given permission the ley lines chatter in Grant's mind, he murmurs answers back to them as he searches with his magical senses for the ideal ley line nexus to use.

As the fog thickens, Grant says to Daisuke, "With this thickening fog will you be able to effectively use your abilities?" He turns to Keiko and says, "I sense two other nexi about three miles away, but west and south of the river. Do you concur? With all that's going on around us, I can't say that going to one of these nexi is the right choice either."

The mage moves to Sir Ronith and speaks about the possibility of heading to the nexus he senses, but also the probably danger involved. He then comments on the bridge and trestle. "If we take the trestle, wouldn't we potentially have to abandoned the vehicles and proceed on foot? In either case, I have magic active that should keep me hidden from both technological sensors as well as magical or psychic abilities, outside of an ability to see the invisible and even then the fog would still work in my favor." (Grant can use Invisibility: Simple at will, and has both Invisibility to Sensors, and Mystic Invisibility active). He points up to where the bridge should be "I could fly up either the bridge or the trestle and cast a Cloud of Slumber (6 PPE, PF 221 (description is in the warlock section) | 180' range | 9 min duration normally | 20'x20'x20' volume | Save vs Magic 15 | wake 1d4 round after it dissipates or removal ) on those guarding the bridge. With the thick fog, I doubt that that any of them would be able to detect it. Each casting would last about 18 to 27 minutes and affect about a 400 square foot area with the ley lines so near. The two spells that are hiding my presence can't normally be cast upon another. But I have pre-prepared a few additional talismans, they would have a much shorter duration, but would allow someone to go with me." He leaves unsaid, To ensure that I am not caught off guard while weaving my magic. "At the very least it would allow us reconnoiter both options to see what is waiting for us out there."

When the advice from the bowls is shared Grant says, "Once we get this group across the bridge and accepted by their people, if we can get to a nearby nexus, I should be able to rift us back to Croftonland, or the town where we repaired the generator."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 10 vs 42%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 and 1d100 = 3

Jack sidles up to Ashlyn and Keiko, "Is there another way?" Jack looks over a the bridge and the soldiers and can feel his own fear, "They are freaked out. They only know that strange beings are attacking them. We." He pauses at the thought of the word momentarily. "We are those strange beings. Anything we do to them will only reinforce that feeling. I know."

Jack quiets for a moment considering, "We need to gain their trust. If this is the past. What we do can make a huge difference. They need to know it is nobody's fault." I don't have the answers, somebody has to have an answer. Jack looks at Ashlyn and Keiko and says, "Thank you both! For everything!" Jack walks over to find Ronith where he finds Grant talking to him, "Sir Ronith, Sir. We should not attack them. We shouldn't be aggressive. It could have huge implications for the future. Maybe. Maybe we can talk to them. Help them. Maybe take up a defensive position on this side of the bridge. Help them until we can talk to them?" Jack stops for a second considering how this all may sound, Is it crazy talk? Am I being nutso here?

"So what do you think boss? I know. I spent so much time. Still. Blaming the wrong people. Hating. The wrong people. We could stop that for them."
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 17;1d100 = 6

Active Effects



Keiko listens to Jack, realization finally coming to her about what Jack is talking about. His previous actions and mannerisms now making more sense. He was scared of me. I know people can get the wrong impression and I know the people here have never seen one like me. But I thought Jack was from our time. Well even in our time people are still afraid of us. The rest of H4H looks relatively human. Even the elf. They all look human. That's why his thanks carried such weight. He must have had bad experiences with D-Bee's in the past. Jack makes some good points. But is it worth the risk to us? Would our actions here give rise to the CS? Would it prevent their establishment? Would something worse rise in it's place? No even if we are effecting things here the out come of our world will remain the same. Fixed point in time. Davon always said there were somethings so big no mater what you wanted to do you would never be able to change the outcome. Ok back to these people. Jack is worried for them and wants to bring his understanding of non-humans to the people on the bridge. Admirable, but likely futile. Grant has a good idea. Drop them all to sleep and pass through the check point. They might raise an alarm after they wake up. At which point we will be long gone. That has a good chance of working.

Keiko looks to Jack for a moment an gives him a bright smile and respectful nod, "I think I understand. Jack, you want to talk to the people on the bridge to explain that We," Keiko points to herself and smiles at Jack, "Are not the bad guys. I appreciate that, I can't tell you how much that means to me. But I don't think it's worth the risk to everyone. All it takes is one not to listen then we are in a firefight on a bridge that may not be made of the heavy materials we are used to. Grant's plan to use the sleep spell would minimize the risk to everyone. It will keep both us and them alive. This way we can pursue your plan latter when people are in less of a shoot first ask questions later attitude."

Keiko looks at Grant, "I can go with you, if you want. I can render myself invisible. No one else, unfortunately. But I know I can watch your back. I do want to try something. I have a IR optic. I want to see if it will cut through the fog. If they have IR systems too then they might see us when we get over head." Keiko pulls out her Wilk's optic gun sight from her vest and holds it for the others to see. She then puts the optic up to her eye and flips it to the FLIR setting to see if she can see the people on the bridge. Keiko will report either success or failure depending.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:28 pm

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 82

JIC: 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 14

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Keiko wrote:"Well I do prefer hugs but this works too."


"YAY!" Ashlynn throws her arms around the felinoid for a quick but tight hug before releasing her so they can actually talk or walk or work.

Keiko wrote:"Sounds like you had a good family. Some of the closet family are the ones you chose. The ones that are not of your blood. Those bonds I have always found stronger then blood. I'm glad you are my friend Ash."


Ashlynn smiles - somewhat sadly. "Yeah... they were good... I miss them. A lot. But I have a good family now too. And good friends."

Jack wrote:"Is there another way? They are freaked out. They only know that strange beings are attacking them. We... We are those strange beings. Anything we do to them will only reinforce that feeling. I know. We need to gain their trust. If this is the past. What we do can make a huge difference. They need to know it is nobody's fault."


Ashlynn nods. "I dunno if there's another way... I could probably get past 'em on my own though. Or if 'Cuda finds a boat we can try the river. HEY! RYVER! It's like River! And water acts weird around her!" She grins. "That's silly, I love it."

Jack wrote:"Thank you both! For everything!"


Ashlynn grins widely and shouts "YOU'RE WELCOME!" as he trots away to speak with Ronith. She turns to Keiko, smiling. "I didn't do anything."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:37 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 48
PER: 1d100 = 46 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
  • Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
  • EBA Psionic Electromagnetic Dampeners: +2 to Save vs all Psionic Attacks and Possession Attempts, +1 to Save vs Magic Illusion and Mind Control.
  • EBA Integrated Sensor Pod: +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise.
  • EBA exoskeleton: +4 PP, +20 Speed, +10' to leaps, +10% to Climbing, Reduce Fatigue by 75%.
  • Mind block: RUE P. 174, immune to telepathy/etc., +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks, 100m00s left.
  • Group mind block: RUE P. 178, as above but everyone in a 240-foot radius. 141m00s left.
  • Headaches: Half APM until further notice.
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 25 vs. 100%
Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 23 vs. 65% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel; +10% vs. those of a good alignment, +20% vs. those of an evil alignment)
Speech!

Ronith listens, meditates (or tries to), works on his puzzle box, and tries to will his headache away. I do not know what to do. Fording the river doesn’t sound feasible- at Daisuke’s report, Ronith replies ”Her abilities do not sound stable enough to merit trusting the entire convoy’s life to them- do you agree?” Assuming Daisuke does agree, Ronith continues running through his list of options. Could Grant relocate them to a nexus nearby? From the sound of things, no. And the trestle is likely to be no safer to cross than the bridge, and potentially more difficult.

A sinking feeling had been growing in Ronith’s stomach ever since they left the gate behind. The cyber-knight didn’t like leaving a potential foe behind him, nor an evildoer that might terrorize the innocent. Not that there is any shortage of that right now. But this was something else. Something legitimately troubling him, and he couldn’t put his finger on why. With nothing better to do but ponder matters, and try to get rid of this damnable headache, Ronith does just that. He focuses, and he thinks. And eventually, he achieves a measure of understanding.

You cannot save everyone, Ronith. But you must try. Someone must try, and sometimes the only one who can do so is a cyber-knight in the right place at the wrong time. A lesson- one of the earliest from his training. Ronith knew that others perceived his attitude, and the very core beliefs and aspects of his being, to be harsh. Uncompromising. Held to the highest possible standards. So many had compromised so much, just to survive in the harsh land Earth becomes after these events. Someone must try. The cyber-knights aspired to more than mere survival. They… Ronith, stood against the savagery that had consumed so much of the planet as much as they stood against the monsters that had done the same.

Until, that is, Ronith decided that everyone already in this time was already dead, or alive as their fate (his history) had decreed. He had used twisted logic to turn away from a threat- to not try, and the decision weighed upon him. He knew it was the correct one, but as they drew near the bridge he saw that it had been for the wrong reasons. At least partially. There were still a great many people in this city who were still alive. And someone had to try.

With a weary, pained sigh Ronith stands. He leaves his helmet where it is, and he orders the convoy to a stop. ”Weiss, get the convoy into cover behind some of these buildings- don’t do anything to tip off the Neemans on the bridge, but get ready to take them across as quickly as possible. Monitor comms and provide fire support on their location as needed. Daisuke, I want you ready to teleport as overwhelming a force as you can put together from the other mercenaries. I am going to attempt to talk them down, but if it does not work we are going to hit them hard and fast. Try to keep them alive if you can. The rest of Heroes for Hire, form on the APC.”

Ronith gathers the team. ”I intend to approach on foot and attempt to talk the Neemans down.” Someone has to try. ”Anyone who wishes to do something very brave and very, very stupid may join me, but I do not recommend it if you lack cyber-knight reflexes. The rest of you, get in position for an ambush. As I said, hard and fast. Non-lethal force if at all possible- I want to take them with us if we can. But these men are scared, yet maintaining their discipline in the face of the apocalypse. We cannot leave them here to die. With my training, I might be the only one who can approach them safely. Under no circumstances do we attack first- but if it is clear that they will die following their orders then we need to take them out and get over that bridge as quickly as possible. Then, we continue on.” Ronith will accept any assistance offered in terms of enchantments, or people who want to stand with him in harm’s way (preferably behind Ronith), but his mind is pretty clearly made up and he will not be easily dissuaded from his chosen course. After all, someone has to try.

Ronith steps out into the fog, trading his multiple image ring for the Ring of Eminent Honor. Let us hope that honor will carry the day and not trickery. Ronith gives the rest of the team a few minutes to get themselves ready, but when the time comes he will set off with a firm, loud footstep. The headache still echoing in his mind, Ronith decides against using any of his psychic powers to try and influence the Neemans. He will just have to rely on his own personal leadership and charisma, and whatever glamours Grant can cook up. Just before he sets foot on the bridge Ronith calls out in loud, strangely accented American.

”Neeman troops! I am Ronith Turand, and my titles are meaningless to you, but I mean you no harm. Request permission to approach!” If the Neemans execute their orders and open fire on Ronith, he will dodge as much of what comes at him next as he can. Then, he will repeat himself, and take a few steps forward. ”I mean you no harm.” Repeat as needed. If the Neemans keep attacking and Ronith is in danger of being critically wounded, he will rush the troopers and begin disarming them or knocking them out. However, Ronith is willing to take a few hits (though hopefully a minimum), even sacrifice his armor if that’s what it takes to get through to these people. He’s hoping that if nothing else, the novelty of a non-hostile alien evading many (hopefully) of their attacks coupled with low morale might give him an opening where they will hear what he has to say. It’s either that, or Heroes for Hire tries to take down Neemans while outnumbered two-to-one and not using lethal force.

If they let him speak, Ronith will halt at a safe distance (though likely one he can leap across if need be), and keep his hands raised. He’ll also key his radio to the shared radio frequency, so that the Neemans they rescued can listen in. The cyber-knight speaks in a calm, authoritative voice. ”You have seen what happened to the archway, yes? My people call it the Devil’s Gate. Where I am from it has stood open for nearly 400 years, spewing a torrent of inhumanity out onto the land. It cannot be closed. It cannot be destroyed. I believe that if your superiors understood that, they would issue you new orders.”

”I know you have no reason to believe me. I know you do not want to believe me- I do not want to believe me. But I think you know, deep down, that I am right. What you see here in St. Louis- and worse, make no mistake- is happening all across the planet. Human civilization as you know it is over. Your lives as you knew them are over, and this city is doomed. To call this a tragedy, to say that I am sorry, is woefully inadequate. But all we can do is try and save those few who remain.”

”Behind me I have refugees. My own people, but also yours- civilians and a handful of soldiers who have been cutoff inside the courthouse. A Lt. General Hoskins promised them extraction two days ago. Tell me, have any of you heard from her more recently?” In the unlikely event that anyone answers in the affirmative, Ronith requests to introduce them to Lt. Col. Carver. Otherwise, he continues.

”St. Louis is lost. But not forever. Humanity is on the cusp of a new Dark Age, but it will end. You will all spend the rest of your lives focused on survival- but whether that is measured in years or in days is up to you. The road ahead is difficult, and it will take all of humanity’s tenacity and adaptability to survive. But they will survive. The question is, will you be there to aid them? Dark times are coming. Monsters now roam this world freely, and the enemies of humanity are now legion and unlike anything you know. Humanity will need men and women of character if it is to carry the day- not just to protect them from enemies from without, but to serve as a bulwark against the darkness that exists within us all. I ask you now to join us. This city is lost. I intend to take the people I have found to Chicago- the survivors are gathering there, outside the city, and it is there that you shall find your best hope. It is my hope that you will choose to join them- choose to survive, even if it is in this terrifying new world of yours. Do not throw your lives away trying to reclaim something that is lost forever.”

”But if you must follow your orders to the bitter end- which I understand- I would ask that you allow the people behind me to cross. They deserve a shot, and they will not find it here. Please. Do the right thing.” His heart pounding, Ronith bows, and waits for the tingle that accompanies any weapons systems locking onto him. If at this point the troopers remain unmoved, Ronith sees no choice but to signal the attack. He will do so with a heavy heart, and again strive to disarm or disable rather than destroy, but his conscience will be clear. At least he tried.

Auto-dodges
Minimum bonus to dodge is +12- an additional +6 applies to any two primary tech-wielding opponents (the vehicles if Ronith gets to choose), increasing to +8 in the case of vehicles and the like. See also the penalties listed for tech-wielding opponents in Ronith’s signature.
1d20+12 = 14, 1d20+12 = 13, 1d20+12 = 25, 1d20+12 = 21, 1d20+12 = 27, 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 26, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 25, 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 16, 1d20+12 = 13, 1d20+12 = 19, 1d20+12 = 19, 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 26
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:23 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 10 vs 42%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 17 and Original post: 1d100 = 3


Ronith wrote:Ronith gathers the team. ”I intend to approach on foot and attempt to talk the Neemans down.” Someone has to try. ”Anyone who wishes to do something very brave and very, very stupid may join me, but I do not recommend it if you lack cyber-knight reflexes. The rest of you, get in position for an ambush. As I said, hard and fast. Non-lethal force if at all possible- I want to take them with us if we can. But these men are scared, yet maintaining their discipline in the face of the apocalypse. We cannot leave them here to die. With my training, I might be the only one who can approach them safely. Under no circumstances do we attack first- but if it is clear that they will die following their orders then we need to take them out and get over that bridge as quickly as possible. Then, we continue on.” Ronith will accept any assistance offered in terms of enchantments, or people who want to stand with him in harm’s way (preferably behind Ronith), but his mind is pretty clearly made up and he will not be easily dissuaded from his chosen course. After all, someone has to try.


Jack listens to Ronith tell the team his plan, This. This right here is honor. Had I met this wild Elf when I first landed. Jack's thoughts trail off as he thinks of the endless possibilities. "I will come with you!" he says very confident. "I can follow and create a, distraction should things, go wrong. But they won't. This is what the heroes do right?" Jack turns and smiles at Ashlyn, Maybe her damned eternal optimism is rubbing off. Before heading off he will tell Grant, "If you see the flare it is going sideways."

Jack follows Ronith to the bridge. Just before he gets there he will peal off and find a spot to watch unnoticed. Jack readies his swarm bow and a flare arrow. Shock and aww... distraction. Only if. Jack listens to Rontih plead with the Neemans, They will listen, I know it. They are scared. Who wouldn't be? I was. This will work.

If the Neemans fire on Ronith at anytime Jack will first fire his Flare arrow off to the side of the bridge to draw attention and distract as many as he can. After which he will fire his smoke arrow between Ronith and the soldiers trying to create additional cover for Ronith to move out of harms way.

(OOC: Let me know if you need strike rolls and if I should deduct the items as used.)

Roll vs Balance 1d100 = 93 vs 21 P.P.
Last edited by Jack McDermott on Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:02 pm

(rolls carried)

Ronith wrote:Ronith gathers the team. ”I intend to approach on foot and attempt to talk the Neemans down.” Someone has to try. ”Anyone who wishes to do something very brave and very, very stupid may join me, but I do not recommend it if you lack cyber-knight reflexes. The rest of you, get in position for an ambush. As I said, hard and fast. Non-lethal force if at all possible- I want to take them with us if we can. But these men are scared, yet maintaining their discipline in the face of the apocalypse. We cannot leave them here to die. With my training, I might be the only one who can approach them safely. Under no circumstances do we attack first- but if it is clear that they will die following their orders then we need to take them out and get over that bridge as quickly as possible. Then, we continue on.” Ronith will accept any assistance offered in terms of enchantments, or people who want to stand with him in harm’s way (preferably behind Ronith), but his mind is pretty clearly made up and he will not be easily dissuaded from his chosen course. After all, someone has to try.


Grant nods, If we can get them to join us and help protect these refugees more of them may survive. "It looks like the path up to the bridge circles around behind. What I can do is place a Mystic Portal here against a wall with it's exit up on the bridge level facing the Neemans. It will allow us at the very least give us the element of surprise and bring us in close if we have to. I'll focus on knocking them out if they are't convinced." He moves closer to Sir Ronith and says, "I'll provide you two enchantments to make you more convincing, and a defensive magic, Armor of Ithan. Unlike the Invincible Armor spell, the protection of this spell is invisible to the human eye. The three spells will last about 25 minutes. If they aren't convinced to let us pass and hopefully join us, I'd recommend activating the Invulnerability talisman."

Jack McDermott wrote:Before heading off he will tell Grant, "If you see the flare it is going sideways."


"Excellent, if we need to enter battle, we will pop up right up there." He points to the top of the bridge near where they are situated. "I'll probably be invisible, but if you could shoot a bit to the right, I'd appreciate it." He clasps Jack on the shoulder. "Let me cast a protective magic on you as well." He casts Armor of Ithan on Jack.

Once Sir Ronith is underway, Grant casts the Mystic Portal (20 PPE | BOM 135 | 10' X 20' doorway | Range 900' | 27 min) on a nearby wall and directs the exit to be at the top of the bridge looking towards the opposite bank.

He watches the troops on the bridge as well as turning to look at the refugees and the Collegiate and Mercenary teams that were brought back to this time. It's then that his magical senses catch on to the refugees who are beginning to glow in the magical spectrum. Uh oh, Grant thinks. I should have realized that just as Ryver appears to have some sort of ability over water, others might have an affinity for magic. I am going to have to talk to them before we part ways, make them aware of the change that is occurring to them. He beckons Ashlynn and Keiko over. He points to the refugees, "Some of them are beginning to store potential psychic energy, they have a natural talent for magic. If we make it across the river, I'll need your help gathering them together so I can speak to them. They need to gain control or they will be a danger to themselves and others."

For Jack and Sir Ronith:

Code: Select all
Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 27 min | 90 M.D.C.  1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity and fire.  Armor is invisible


For Sir Ronith:

Code: Select all
Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 27 min | Appears +3 lvls, +1d4+2 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.

Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 480' r | 40.5 min | Appears +3 lvls, +1d4+2 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 41/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 8

Ryver wrote:"I can't swim." she says in a very small voice.

"Don't worry. If it has to happen, you've got the world's best swimmer at your service."

It's always beautiful down here. Even when the world is exploding. Barracuda feels a sense of calm wash over him as he enters the flood. He was always at home in the water. He looks around and sees what he expects to see. Wreckage from what's happening on the surface world, some natural sealife, etc. What he doesn't expect to see is a humanoid shadow swimming away from him. What in the depths is that?! He doesn't have time to think about it before he is attacked by another zombie. But this time, they're in his world and he doesn't think twice about ending them with a series of strikes from his mighty Dwarven-crafted weapon, King Tide.

Having run the width and depth of the river, Barracuda returns to the group on shore. "Zombies. Well, at least there was one. I took care of it. The river is about 4 stories deep, half a mile wide. No way we're getting the vehicles across. I could try to find a vessel large enough to get us across but I think our best bet is going to be the bridge."

When Ronith heads to deal with the Neemans, Barracuda sticks behind to help defend the APC and civilians if things go haywire. Don't go getting yourself killed, Ronith. We need you here... who am I kidding? He'll probably take them all out on his own. Corwin chuckles to himself a bit before putting his head on a swivel to watch for incoming dangers.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:12 pm

perception 53% 1d100 = 36
JIC 1d100 = 91 1d20 = 6

Virtus wrote:The sounds of combat roars on, though muffled. Though Weiss hadn't noticed it early on, likely due to the chaos, the sound of Glitterboys in the distance is noted. The fog is so heavy now, it obscures everything.


Virtus wrote:Weiss focuses on the bowl and speaks into it, hoping to get an answer as to any temporal disturbances. He can see Jaz and Zoe inside what must be the college. Many people are hurrying around in a library. Jaz looks down and answers her husband. "They've already been consulting other... well, magic people. No sort of issue has been reported.

So here's what they are thinking so far. They feel strongly you are in this earth's past rather than an alternate dimension. They also feel strongly that these bowls forced a link between the two times. They are still trying to figure out why, but the current thought is to have you travel to the local of the nexus you came through in Croftonland and maybe the link can reopen the rift.

They didn't feel the device provided a temporal pathway, but mostly like it shoved you from the nexus of Croftonland in your time to the place you are now while it sat in the open temporal rift."


"Thanks Hun," Weiss smiles at his wife, "that's a way home. We'll be back soon enough" He hopes that he sounds more confident that he actually feels, but he pushes those doubts aside.

"Okay people, three things.
One, the College does not think that we have changed anything, so good start.
Secondly, they think going back to the nexus in Croftonland is our best chance of getting home, use the link to reopen the rift. That possible Grant?
The third thing is a bit more immediate. Make sure you have ear defenders as they have Glitter Boys round here. That's guaranteed to ruin your day."


Ronith wrote:”Weiss, get the convoy into cover behind some of these buildings- don’t do anything to tip off the Neemans on the bridge, but get ready to take them across as quickly as possible. Monitor comms and provide fire support on their location as needed.


"From this distance, I can barely see the bridge, let alone provide fire support to you, but I'll do what I can." He turns his attention to finding somewhere nearby to keep the convoy out of site, but also near enough to make a dash across the bridge

"I want everyone back behind there, but keep the engines running. We may need to rush over the bridge at speed. Those on weapon duty, be prepared to shoot missiles down. If you are currently on foot, climb onto the roof or hang on the sides of the APCs. We don't want anybody left behind."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:45 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Active Effects


Grant Latham wrote:He watches the troops on the bridge as well as turning to look at the refugees and the Collegiate and Mercenary teams that were brought back to this time. It's then that his magical senses catch on to the refugees who are beginning to glow in the magical spectrum. Uh oh, Grant thinks. I should have realized that just as Ryver appears to have some sort of ability over water, others might have an affinity for magic. I am going to have to talk to them before we part ways, make them aware of the change that is occurring to them. He beckons Ashlynn and Keiko over. He points to the refugees, "Some of them are beginning to store potential psychic energy, they have a natural talent for magic. If we make it across the river, I'll need your help gathering them together so I can speak to them. They need to gain control or they will be a danger to themselves and others."


Keiko nods to Grant, "Shouldn't be a problem. If it comes to it we could get them to willingly allow us to take some potential psychic energy from them. Or are you talking about teaching them who to focus their magic into spells? I'm down for that, just trying to get on the same wavelength."


Looks like they are going all in with talking. That takes balls. Some serious balls. I can see why they follow him. Keiko watches the other in their preparations and unclips her Whip from her belt, choosing to forgo her stronger weapons in favor of a more effective disarming tool. She stays near Grant ready for the signal to jump in. This is going to be really good or really bad. Its been one hell of a day and its still not over yet. I love it. Never felt more alive then in the anticipation of combat. Keiko's tail twitches in anticipation as her posture changes in preparation for a fight.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Daisuke » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:34 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 67 | 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 20 | 1d100 = 41%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Adhesion
  • Instant Wardrobe [35lbs] (2/3)
  • Instant Weapon [80lbs] (1/2)
    • Lynx Laser Rifle
    • <empty>
Stats
    HP/MDC: 51/51
    SDC: 191/191
    PPE: 13/13
Crusader EBA
Image
[size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 30 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 95
Weight: 24 lbs.
Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
Features:
  • All features standard to environmental armor
Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 24% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +6 (+1)
Magic (varies): +6 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +9 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +14 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +6 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor: +9
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +8 (+6)[/size]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.4 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Sir Ronith is met with a nod of agreement from Daisuke regarding Ryver's unstable abilities. Upon hearing back from Prince Corwin's scouting of the Mississippi, the Arismal is in whole-hearted agreement with their cyberknight leader. "I agree. Crossing the river anywhere else other than established bridges would be folly."

Sir Ronith wrote:”Weiss, get the convoy into cover behind some of these buildings- don’t do anything to tip off the Neemans on the bridge, but get ready to take them across as quickly as possible. Monitor comms and provide fire support on their location as needed. Daisuke, I want you ready to teleport as overwhelming a force as you can put together from the other mercenaries. I am going to attempt to talk them down, but if it does not work we are going to hit them hard and fast. Try to keep them alive if you can. The rest of Heroes for Hire, form on the APC.”

"Roger. Will portal reinforcements upon your signal or command. The sudden appearance of Beauty and assorted APC/infantry on the bridge should give them pause." Daisuke responds in affirmation. Sir Ronith has an excellent head for tactics. Though I worry about this lone approach, he seems to be confident in his abilities. Make notes, you could use a dose or two of this sort of brave recklessness. Hmm, I actually don't think it is particularly reckless. Given our constraints, this may be the best path forward. I will admit though, it is good to work with a leader who leads from the front (rather than the rear). He is not willing to put in jeopardy those that follow him unnecessarily.

Daisuke remains at the ready to execute Sir Ronith's plan. He spends his time checking and double-checking with the squad leaders what the plan is. If there is enough visibility, he will quietly arrange with them specific targets and order of priority so that the assault will be swift and overwhelming. At any chance he gets, he will remind them that those stationed on the bridge are not true enemy combatants and that heavy restraint should be used in fighting them. Efforts should be made to disable or inflict non-lethal wounds.

"Enemy vehicles and 'bots will be the most challenging aspect of the force to disable. Especially since enemy disabled vehicles will hinder our progress toward crossing the bridge. I need three special force-type volunteers with piloting skills to move with me. Once through the portal, we will breach and commandeer those vehicles with the goal of expediting the crossing of the bridge."
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:32 pm

(rolls carried)

Keiko wrote:Keiko nods to Grant, "Shouldn't be a problem. If it comes to it we could get them to willingly allow us to take some potential psychic energy from them. Or are you talking about teaching them who to focus their magic into spells? I'm down for that, just trying to get on the same wavelength."


"Just taking some of the stored energy is a short term solution. It may be all we can do depending on how well Sir Ronith does with getting safe passage for us. We at the very least need to instruct them on how to self-regulate." Grant puts a finger up to his chin. "I need a data pad." He asks one of the refugees if any of them have a data pad that allows for transcription as well as audio/video recording. If asked he says, "I know a bit about what this blue light is about. It will be useful to some members of your group later." Once he obtains one, he checks it over to make sure it's working and puts it in a pouch.

Once we get moving, I can write out some of the lower level spells that I know and then make a recording of me casting them for reference, Grant thinks as he moves back into position.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:48 pm

Conditions
Time: Day 3, 02:32
Temperature: 27F
Visibility: 50ft (heavy fog)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 12"
4 feet of flooding
Radio Traffic: heavy, heavy interference
Magic Use: Extreme magics within 500ft. Triangle rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 200ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile


Ronith, putting on the Ring given to him by Zero Moon, almost seems to glitter. His presence grows even more than normal, despite whatever is ailing him.

His call for people to go with him is well received. A good part of the group that disappears into the fog move in quiet support. Over the half the group moves forward, though clearly not all are combat hardened by any means. It is also at this point that Jack notices they have a few more people than they started with. Nearly 80 people move forward in support of Ronith's call. However at least that many seem to remain in the fog.

Weiss, as quietly as he can, passes instructions down to move the people to the west and take cover near the buildings. Fortunately the sounds of sirens, munitions and all other manner of chaos as well as the muffling fog and snow make movement relatively hard to detect. Weiss too makes note of the growing number of people. Certainly more than they had started with.

Grant opens a portal, which causes more than a few gasps from the crowd follow Ronith. A few turn back, unwilling to go through the portal, but most do. Ronith and company make their way onto the bridge and come within 30ft of three soldiers who level their laser rifles. Their faces turn from a malaise to a deep concern if not outright fear. "Lieutenant, you better come here Ma'am."

Jack, who had peeled off, finds narrow pipe walkway, likely used for service work. He moves virtually undetected. even the group moving with Ronith did not notice his departure. The walkway is slick, but also discreet.((Give me a balance check please))

Behind these three are more soldiers who are laughing about something, seemingly oblivious to the new arrivals. Five more soldiers aren't laughing at all and look anxious, standing to the side. They too have rifles, but Jack's sharp eyes notice they lack eclips. A woman standing by a robot is issuing orders with a disturbing.

Ronith approaches the bridge and lays out both the current situation and his request. A opportunity to gain more allies or at the minimum to allow free passage.

Ashlynn, who moved forward with Ronith, notices several blood stains on the pavement. Not just A blood stain, but several. People have died on this bridge.

Ronith's head splits open again and blood issues from his nose, but he can feel her malice. He touches her mind or perhaps runs into it. It's pure chaos and he can sense there is an anomaly. She sees the large group. Carter speaks up and says, "I'm Lieutenant Colonel Carver. We were supposed to be picked up over a day ago. Comms are down. We just need through." It's clear to Heroes for Hire that Carver is stretching the truth but backing up what Ronith had to say. The five soldiers on the outside that Weiss first spotted tense up.

The Lieutenant by the robot smiles, though the smile is disconcerting to everyone. Now closer, those who can see in the dim light will notice bloodshot eyes, framed by dark circles. She appraises the group. "Yes, seems like signal transmission has been impeded by those blue lines." Looking to Ronith she continues. "Mr Turand. Those are serious claims you make. The worst news I've heard if it can be believed." That odd smile doesn't leave her lips however. Finally she purses her lips, clicks her tongue. "We won't leave this position until there is no other choice, but go ahead if you must. You too Lieutenant Colonel. Run while you can." she says, standing to the side and motioning the group through. "Let em through boys. They got places to be." Except for the five quite soldiers and the few hanging over the rail who continue to laugh, the other soldiers smile in unison with the Lieutenant.

A volley of missiles fire off into the darkness from both the missile launchers, but only seems to disturb the five quiet soldiers. The robots haven't moved in the time the group has approached.

Barracuda assures Ryver that she doesn't have to worry about not being able to swim. "My dad went to college on a swimming scholarship. Didn't do him a bit of good." she says bitterly. "...But thanks. Just so you know, if I drown anyhow, I'm making sure to come back as a poltergeist or something and haunt you. I think we can do that now." she says half joking, half serious. She shivers but to Barracuda's eyes, it's not the cold, but her wide eyes that look into the fog where the sound of unseen floodwater roll over anything on the swollen banks just beyond their sight.

Grant, Keiko, Barracuda and Wiess who have stayed back with the rest of the group ready for the signal. Daisuke and Keiko hear the sound of footsteps slapping on pavement as a young man with a back pack runs up to the group. "I heard something close, like a truck so I ran here! Got... left behind... the last bus was full. A bunch of us were left here... then zombies... and something else... like a nightmare." he says huffing, but quietly as he can. He is valuing stealth and looks over his shoulder to the alleyway shrouded in fog. For those who can, the sense of supernatural evil is still present. Ravenhill, who stayed with the rest of her team looks up onto the bridge, waiting to see how this plays out.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:30 pm

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 31 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 22

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

As Ronith issues orders, Ashlynn abandons - for now - her silly demeanor, and falls in to the APC, ready to attack. She's never been in a situation this dire before - including having lost her arm - because there3 are so many helpless people in danger here, and though she trusts Ronith to see them through even Ashlynn realizes now is not the time to be goofy. Her energy can be better spent elsewhere.

She marches with her left arm in front, ready to flick on her innate energy shield at a moment's notice, and her right hand on the clip to her laser sword. she keeps here keen eyes open, and when they approach the Neeman line, she scrutinizes the unit leader.

Eyeball a Fella 77% 1d100 = 2 (CRIT. SUCCESS!)

She notices the blood stains on the road. Crap. People already died here... they've been moved though... dumped in the river maybe?

As Ronith speaks, Ashlynn keeps a watchful eye, but also plots a course vertically up the bridge supports so she can leap off and bounce around inside the Neeman line, causing chaos, if need be. My fancy new armor should be able to let me run up a wall without any problem - well, maybe scamper, but all the same, dropping from a height gives my bounce more juice, and they DEFINITELY won't be expecting that.

Ashlynn watches as the Neeman leader decides to let the group through. Her smile, however, raises ash's hackles. Somethin' ain't right with her. I don't like this... it could be a trap.

If Ashlynn's keen eye noticed anything immediately disturbing or dangerous about the odd Neeman leader, she will alert Ronith. "Uhh... Boss?"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:56 pm

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 54
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 100


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 1968/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 20.75 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 14 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 34 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 68 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 115 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 7 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 7 min | 270' radius


(As a reminder, Grant will continue to cast Ley Line Storm Defense as needed while moving through the storm ridden ley line area to keep magic stable for the group. He's also renewing his protective magic as needed.)

Grant watches the scene unfold through the view of the portal, but spins quickly when he hears the foot steps approaching. His hands raise to cast a spell, but lowers when he sees the man approach. "Stop right there," Grant commands before he comes closer than 10' of him.

As the man tells his story, Grant casts See Aura (6 PPE | BOM 92 | 600' | Save vs Magic 15). If he shows a non human aura, he immediately casts Magic Net (PPE 7 | BOM 101 | 360' | 5' r | Dodge 16 or higher | 13.5 min | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless).

If he is human, he asks, "Are there any others with you?" He looks past the man into the shadowy figures in the fog. He creates a ley line observation ball (2500' range | 5 M.D.C. ball | Speed: 30 mph | +3 Dodge) and moves it into the fog to see if they are zombies or not. Please don't be zombies, just frightened people.

Contingency: Grant casts Energy Field (10 PPE | BOM 101 | 180' | 4' r | 27 min | 120 M.D.C. on a ley line) around any noncombatants (Ryver and those around her). Then activates Invulnerability from a talisman.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 87

Barracuda reacts as the man gets close but allows Grant to take the lead. He gets between the man approaching and the rest of the civilians. Barracuda keeps King Tide at the ready but doesn't attack the man unless Grant signals that he's unsafe in some way. "Anvil, you and the cat lady keep an eye on everyone here. I'm backing Latham up."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:32 am

JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 37
PER: 1d100 = 78 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
  • Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
  • EBA Psionic Electromagnetic Dampeners: +2 to Save vs all Psionic Attacks and Possession Attempts, +1 to Save vs Magic Illusion and Mind Control.
  • EBA Integrated Sensor Pod: +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise.
  • EBA exoskeleton: +4 PP, +20 Speed, +10' to leaps, +10% to Climbing, Reduce Fatigue by 75%.
  • Headaches: Half APM until further notice.
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 27 min | 90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity and fire. Armor is invisible
  • Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 27 min | Appears +3 lvls, +3 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.
  • Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 480' r | 40.5 min.
  • Telepathy: Superior- Rifter 25, P. 83; 700-foot range, 24m00s remaining.
Aura of Power – +1d4+2 = 3 to MA
ID shape change/possession- 1d100 = 10 vs. 104%
Per Heroes of Humanity, P. 85-86, to try and figure out what the woman’s deal is.

As much as he can through his migraine, Ronith tries to focus on the task at hand. Humans are not particularly known for being reasonable creatures under the best of circumstances, and the current circumstances are about as far from the best as it is possible to get. He is, however, quite surprised at the outpouring of support from those they’ve rescued. He gives no sign of his emotions as he waits- a tall, dark, and still form standing in stark contrast to the activity around him as everyone finishes preparing and the convoy gets into position. Inside, however, Ronith is very gratified to see everyone pulling together. These people have already been through so much. And yet they’re still willing to risk the little they have left. Perhaps they will survive after all. In that moment, the cyber-knight feels pretty good about his decision.

As they get into position, however, that feeling is gradually replaced by an escalating sense of tension. The normal thrill of combat is greatly dimmed in Ronith- by his headache, by his sense of responsibility for those around him, and by the rather unique historical events occurring all around them. There’s a lot at stake, and while Ronith is confident in his ability to get past the Neemans by himself, he is far less so when it comes to protecting all of those who wish to follow him. Ronith can only hope that the crowd of civilians will be more than the Neemans are willing to risk.

Ronith’s second pleasant surprise of the day is when the troops on the bridge call for their Lieutenant instead of opening fire. That alone substantially raises the chances of success in Ronith’s mind, and he proceeds far more confidently (or at least, less wearily) than he would have otherwise. Then he meets the lieutenant, and his heart drops.

Something is off. Very, very off. He can sense it even through his mind blocks, and Ronith locks eyes with the woman as he finishes speaking. He knew this was too easy. What could he possibly be facing? Possession? Ronith scrutinizes the woman closely, looking for the telltale signs of an inhuman being trying to play at being human. If this is some monster playing at being human, then there is no chance that it will allow them to cross the bridge safely. In fact, her nonplussed reaction is exactly what Ronith would expect from some sort of possessing force. No human commander, no matter how disciplined, would react to Ronith’s pronouncements so calmly. No denial, no equivocation, no what-ifs. There isn’t enough time for an exorcism, and offhand Ronith isn’t even sure there’s anyone who knows how. All that leaves is rendering the host unpalatable.

Giving no outward sign of his thought process, Ronith bows at the “Lieutenant’s” response, and says ”Thank you, Lieutenant. I regret that I cannot convince you to come with us, but I understand.” Turning to those who accompanied him to the bridge, Ronith says ”Get back in the convoy and get ready to move out. Daisuke, would you toss me my helmet?” Assuming their new recruit complies, Ronith nonchalantly snaps it back into place, and quietly murmurs into the team’s radio frequency. ”These people are not right. We need to subdue them, then see if we can figure out what has happened and what we can do about it.” Ronith will also quickly add any details he picks up (i.e., from his perception checks above). If Jack reports the lack of e-clips in the five soldiers, that will confirm to Ronith’s mind that something has afflicted most of the squad. Similarly, if any of those hanging back report the newcomer, Ronith will add ”Find out whatever you can about what attacked them. It might help explain our friends on the bridge.” All the while looking like he doesn’t have a care in the world, he turns back to the Lieutenant. Ronith first braces himself, taking a deep breath, then lowers his mind blocks and tries to read the Lieutenant’s mind via telepathy ((-8 ISP))- and damn the consequences. Then assuming what he finds doesn’t totally incapacitate Ronith, he adds aloud ”If you can hear me in there, I am sorry” before reaching out with supernatural speed, grabbing the Lieutenant, and throwing her over his shoulder and into the river.

In the highly likely event that this prompts a hostile response from the other armed Neemans, Ronith’s subsequent actions will entail getting to cover and beginning to disarm the hostile soldiers (ideally, tossing any weapons liberated this way to the five unaffected persons).

Initiative: 1d20+15 = 19
APM: 8/2 = 4

Action 1: Rolls to strike (1d20+12 = 23) and pull punch (1d20+12 = 27) on the Lieutenant.
Action 2: Disarm. 1d20+6 = 15.
Action 3: Disarm. 1d20+6 = 11.
Action 4: Disarm. 1d20+6 = 18.

Auto-parries (will summon psi-sword if needed): 1d20+16 = 32, 1d20+16 = 33, 1d20+16 = 34, 1d20+16 = 24
Auto-dodges (add +6 to the two most threatening opponents): 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 32, 1d20+12 = 21, 1d20+12 = 14
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 34 vs 45%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 and 1d100 = 21

Virtus wrote:Jack, who had peeled off, finds narrow pipe walkway, likely used for service work. He moves virtually undetected. even the group moving with Ronith did not notice his departure. The walkway is slick, but also discreet.((Give me a balance check please))


Jack McDermott wrote:Roll vs Balance Original post: 1d100 = 93 vs 21 P.P.


Jack starts up the walk way and realizes how slick it is, This may not be the best place to perch. He decides not to go to far and just keep Rontih in site. Watching the conversation he can see there is a conversation happening but can't make out what is being said due to he distance, No gun fire yet. That's a start.

Virtus wrote:Behind these three are more soldiers who are laughing about something, seemingly oblivious to the new arrivals. Five more soldiers aren't laughing at all and look anxious, standing to the side. They too have rifles, but Jack's sharp eyes notice they lack eclips. A woman standing by a robot is issuing orders with a disturbing.


Just as he starts to feels things are going well he gets a closer look at the situation. Is there something wrong with them. Catching site that five of the soldiers don't even have E-clips is the final warning in Jack's head. This ain't right. When Ronith breaks over the team channel...

Ronith wrote:Assuming their new recruit complies, Ronith nonchalantly snaps it back into place, and quietly murmurs into the team’s radio frequency. ”These people are not right. We need to subdue them, then see if we can figure out what has happened and what we can do about it.” Ronith will also quickly add any details he picks up (i.e., from his perception checks above). If Jack reports the lack of e-clips in the five soldiers, that will confirm to Ronith’s mind that something has afflicted most of the squad. Similarly, if any of those hanging back report the newcomer, Ronith will add ”Find out whatever you can about what attacked them. It might help explain our friends on the bridge.”


Jack realizes things are about to go sideways. He quickly replies, "Five of those soldiers don't have e-clips in their rifles." Then Jack takes aim with his bow already having the flare arrow locked. He aims in a direction that would cause the soldiers to look away from Ronith and lets the arrow go. It is when he sees Ronith pick the disturbing lady up and throw her he realizes that thing are much worse, Well that turned quickly! Jack lines up the smoke arrow in his bow and aims between Ronith and the soldiers. Hopefully this can create a little cover. Loosing the arrow he loads a swarm arrow into the bow and radios the team, "Big boom locked and loaded, call out the target. Standing by."

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 18
APM: 6

Strike with Flare Arrow: 1d20+12 = 22 - Aiming for a location that will distract the soldiers
Strike with Smoke Arrow: 1d20+12 = 21 - Aiming for the space between Ronith and the soldiers
Strike with Swarm Volley: 1d20+12 = 18 - IF Ronith provides a target, or IF and Only IF he sees Rontih falling to an attack.
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 18
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 28/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 6;1d100 = 49

Telepathic Communication

Active Effects



Keiko spins on her heel upon hearing the sound of someone running up behind the group. A little late on the take Keiko watches Grant and Barracuda interacting with the individual. Interesting. Most people show some kind of fear when near me. At least the ones who have never seen my kind before...which should be this person. Odd that he is still continuing like nothing is wrong. Keiko will use Telepathy (-4 ISP) to send Grant a message. Be cautions. He hasn't reacted to my presence like the others of this time. Keiko continues to watch over Grant and Barracuda, bow in one hand whip in the other, as they interact with this new individual.
Keiko will update the bridge team to the new arrival, "We have a new arrival back here. Claims he was left behind during an evacuation. Says "They" were attacked by something. Grant and Barracuda are currently talking with him." She listens to the radio as things start going in a periodically bad direction. She drops another message to Grant, Things are about to go down on the bridge.
I don't like this. Kind of feels like a two pronged attack. Distract the support element and pick us apart individually. Too many unknowns. Friend and enemy are not clear yet. I hate waiting. Keiko stows her bow.

Contingencies:
- Should the individual who appeared behind them initiate any hostile actions, Keiko will freeze them in time, making sure not to catch Barracuda or Grant in the AOE (Time Warp: Stop Time -70 PPE, Duration 2 minutes, 9 foot AOE, No save, 2 APM to cast) and will say, "Leave him for the moment. Jack fired the flare we're needed on the bridge!" Keiko will pull what energy she can from the area. (+10 PPE)

- Should the individual who appeared behind them not be a threat, Keiko will yell out, "We're needed on the bridge!"

APM: 6

-Actions will be relevant to the above contingencies. Most will be movement getting to the fight on the bridge.

- Auto-dodge: 1d20+5 = 11; 1d20+5 = 6; 1d20+5 = 25; 1d20+5 = 9; 1d20+5 = 19; 1d20+5 = 14
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Perception 56% 1d100 = 79
JIC 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 83

Weiss waits with the vehicles, keeping watch, but also making idle chitchat with Jaz and the wizards at the college.

If somebody mentions the robots, Weiss will try and scan them to see if their reactors are active or on standby
Sensory Equipment 74% 1d100 = 95

If they aren't active, this could explain a few things

With the appearance of the new people, Weiss maneuvers the Beauty to the rear of the group, scanning for approaching figures and readying both his flamethrower and giant magical sword.

Sensory Equipment 74% 1d100 = 34
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Daisuke » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:56 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 74 | 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 | 1d100 = 47%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Adhesion
  • Instant Wardrobe [35lbs] (2/3)
  • Instant Weapon [80lbs] (1/2)
    • Lynx Laser Rifle
    • <empty>
Stats
    HP/MDC: 51/51
    SDC: 191/191
    PPE: 13/13
Crusader EBA
Image
[size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 30 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 95
Weight: 24 lbs.
Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
Features:
  • All features standard to environmental armor
Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 24% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +6 (+1)
Magic (varies): +6 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +9 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +14 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +6 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor: +9
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +8 (+6)[/size]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.4 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

What kind of asinine fools smile like that in the midst of the gruesome work of containing an unfolding apocalypse? Doesn't pass the smell test. Kondo remarks. Daisuke finds himself nodding in agreement with his split personality. Either they have suffered some manner of psychotic break or some outside force is playing poorly at subterfuge. Hopefully Sir Ronith will pick up on it.

The Arismal's gaze darts between the Lieutenant and Sir Ronith. He is uncertain if he should say anything and successfully holds his tongue, vowing to speak up if Sir Ronith gives the orders to pass without incident. Daisuke grows worried when the elven cyberknight returns for his helmet, but nods dutifully. "Sir." he confirms before tossing the helmet in a graceful arc. Behind his faceplate, Daisuke smiles at Sir Ronith's communication, but otherwise remains at attention.

Subdue. Daisuke thinks to himself and begins going through the checklist of how he can best be put to use. His gaze settles upon the robots that have yet to move. "I'll try to get inside their 'bot. So I'd appreciate you guys refrain from reducing it to rubble." The Hoshi explains, hopefully contributing to the plan of action.

When Sir Ronith suddenly hip tosses the Lieutenant, Daisuke knows that is the 'go' signal.

His goal is to get inside the robot and see what is going on. In order to accomplish this, Daisuke will require two portals. The first to get from his location to drop him atop the robot. And the second to bypass the robot's MDC and get him inside. Once inside, Daisuke will try to assess what is going on, share with his teammates if possible. And commandeer the robot if able/necessary.

---------------
"Actions"
Action 1: Portal to land atop the robot
Action 2: Portal (through barriers) down into the pilot compartment
Actions 3-5: Reserved for Contingencies

Auto-Parries (+4 not included): 5d20:
4, 14, 20, 15, 4


Contingencies:
Once inside...
  • If the pilots are all dead, radio to the team, "'bot pilots are dead." before creating a portal that exits the pilot compartment and dumping the bodies through the portal (then willing it shut without passing through it).
  • If the pilots are armed and attacking him, 2 actions to Dismantle Machines whichever sidearm or longarm they are pointing at him that looks most menacing.
  • If pilots are zombies, create portal, try to dump bodies.
If the above takes only 2 out of 3 actions, try to figure out robot controls with final action. Pilot Robot. 1d100 = 85 | 56%.
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:18 pm

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1F4_NHP-ulaaz50ouylNJbxJfstd6-bzV&usp=sharing

Visibility is still limited to 50ft.

Ronith lights a match to this barbecue. A sharp pain races through his head, but not as bad as before. Inside of her mind there is a malicious pulsating cloud. Murder it on it's mind. However, in a dark corner is the frail form of a wounded woman. Her eyes open to the new presence. Ronith apologizes as the murderous cloud closes in. The woman says nothing but closes her eyes and accepts the future.

Ronith flips the Lieutenant over the edge of the bridge. In less than a few seconds her thrashing body disappears in the fog. A splash from the icy flood water below is heard.

Jack fires the flare and indeed it does distract the soldiers for a moment. Roughly half follow the flare while the other half look to its origins. Ashlynn sees the split in the forces' attention. She also sees the 5 other soldiers by themselves make a break for the opposite end of the bridge.

Grant calls out to the new arrival, "Stop right there," He listens to the young man and opens his senses so he can see his aura. The young man looks to be low level, no magic to speak of and normal in all other aspects. "Are there any with me? No, not any more. They all died or left. I'm the last."

Creating an observation ball, Grant moves it down the road from the direction the man came, to the west. A thousand feet down, Grant sees a shifting mass. About 3 dozen strange looking zombies are all turned towards a single point. Investigating further he sees a lithe human like frame with gaunt features, standing nearly 9 feet tall. It is female in form, wearing a blood stained, grey dress. She stands amid a collection of dismembered bodies and holds a complete body in her hands. She has sewn it together with eight arms and no legs. She lowers her head, kissing the corpse on the forehead. It convulses to unlife as she sets it on the ground. Long grey hair sweeps aside revealing numerous needle like teeth but possessing no eyes. She moves and drives the altered zombies towards the aft group's location.

Barracuda sees nothing closer as of yet. The crowd of people near him are amazingly quiet. Only the low hum of the APC's can be heard over the lapping of the flood waters. While the darkness stretches out, there is suddenly the faint glow of Jack's flare through the fog in the distance.

Keiko sees the flare as well and gets the convoy ready to leave. Now the only question is the path of their travel. To get onto the interstate bridge, one of the locals informs them they have to go several blocks the opposite way, back into the city, to get onto the on ramp.

Weiss scans the area and does detect its reactor. Daisuke opens a series of portals which takes him inside the cramped cockpit. Inside is a bloodbath. One pilot is rocking back and forth rapidly with his back to Daisuke. He just keeps mumbling, "It wasn't my fault. She made me do it. I told you to stop looking at me. I told you. It wasn't my fault. She made me do it..." Daisuke looks to the co pilot seat and the body there is bent backwards over the seat. His eyes were gouged out. With a blood spattered face, the pilot seems to suddenly notice Daisuke. "IT WASN'T MY FAULT!" and launches himself at Daisuke with a vibro knife.

Daisuke sees the knife coming and focuses in on the knife as it simply falls apart. The pilot seems to pay it no mind as he drives an attack in on the Arismal. He aims for the eyes, but the knife just doesn't have enough strength to penetrate Daisuke's body.

Ronith leaps into action, disarming the 3 closest soldiers. Jack lands a smoke arrow and obscures the nearby area.

Several other soldiers fire somewhere in the smoke. As the laser bolts flash past, a couple people cry out at as a bolts strike someone in the fog and smoke.

((There are 15 soldiers facing off against Ronith and company, 3 of which are now disarmed. Grant sees the zombie swarm move towards their location, at a walking pace.))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Daisuke » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:59 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 91 | 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 16 | 1d100 = 54%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Adhesion
  • Instant Wardrobe [35lbs] (2/3)
  • Instant Weapon [80lbs] (1/2)
    • Lynx Laser Rifle
    • <empty>
Stats
    HP/MDC: 51/51
    SDC: 191/191
    PPE: 13/13
Crusader EBA
Image
[size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 30 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 95
Weight: 24 lbs.
Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
Features:
  • All features standard to environmental armor
Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 24% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +6 (+1)
Magic (varies): +6 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +9 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +14 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +6 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor: +9
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +8 (+6)[/size]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.4 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Without the vibro-knife, Daisuke's assessment of the fight between him and the 'bot pilot is hardly fair. The Arismal is wearing full EBA whereas his opponent is not, leaving openings or gaps that could be exploited.

When the knife falls apart upon impact with his EBA, Daisuke barely flinches. "I'm not here to punish you soldier, your past is of little consequence to me," he states plainly, perhaps even as the 'bot pilot tries to wrestle with him in the cramped quarters. "I am Daisuke Hamamatsu, from the mercenary company, Heroes for Hire." During the introduction, he wills the pilot's body armor latches to disengage ((Dismantle Machines)). Even if this doesn't cause his protection to slough off of him like a molting second skin, it should at minimum unlock the pilot's helmet (if he wears one) from his torso armor.

"I am your chance at redemption. You have two choices: join me in our fight against the monsters that plague your world... we get this robot of involved. Or, join the dead and dying out there."

[if he chooses Option 1]
"Good choice. What is your name and rank soldier?" Daisuke will ask. He will create a portal whose exit is on the ground outside the 'bot and guide the former co-pilot through the portal, closing it after the body is through so that Daisuke can take the co-pilot seat. "We've got some strangeness with your fellow soldiers on the bridge over there. Can you tell me what happened? Give it to me straight, I will believe whatever you tell me because strange is the new normal."

Pilot Robot. 1d100 = 99 | 56%.

[if he chooses Option 2]
"Unfortunate. We do this the hard way then." Daisuke says, delivering a cross-hook to the robot pilot's face with the intention not of doing damage, but rather causing his helmet to spin (such that his vision is obscured because he is staring at the backside of his helm).

While the pilot is dealing with his temporary blindness and disorientation, Daisuke will open a portal to the outside (near the ground) before trying to hip-toss his adversary through, shutting the portal immediately afterward.

Pilot Robot. 1d100 = 32 | 56%.
---------------
"Actions"
Actions 1-2: Talk and Dismantle Machines @pilot's body armor
Actions 3-5: Reserved for Contingencies

Auto-Parries (+4 not included): 5d20:
10, 3, 10, 1, 15


Contingencies:
Option 1
Actions 3-5: Talk, get familiar with controls
Option 2
Action 3: Strike to cause helmet to spin around. 1d20+1 = 8 <no damage>
Action 4: Create Portal to outside.
Action 5: Body flip/throw robot pilot through portal. 1d20 = 12. Instantly will the portal shut afterward.
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:26 pm

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 73


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 1968/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 20.75 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 14 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 34 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 68 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 115 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 7 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 7 min | 270' radius


(As a reminder, Grant will continue to cast Ley Line Storm Defense as needed while moving through the storm ridden ley line area to keep magic stable for the group. He's also renewing his protective magic as needed.)

Keiko wrote:Keiko will use Telepathy (-4 ISP) to send Grant a message. Be cautions. He hasn't reacted to my presence like the others of this time. Keiko continues to watch over Grant and Barracuda, bow in one hand whip in the other, as they interact with this new individual.[/quote[

Grant lets out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding as the young man's aura looks normal. To Barracuda and Keiko he says, "His aura shows no aberrations." He turns back to the new guy, "Alright, you are welcome to join us. We are trying to get across the bridge but it is being blocked by troops, we may have to get underway quickly. Keep your head down, follow instructions and don't go off by yourself."


Keiko wrote:Keiko will update the bridge team to the new arrival, "We have a new arrival back here. Claims he was left behind during an evacuation. Says "They" were attacked by something. Grant and Barracuda are currently talking with him." She listens to the radio as things start going in a periodically bad direction. She drops another message to Grant, Things are about to go down on the bridge.


Lore: Demons & Monsters 134% vs 1d100 = 66 | Weakness of the zombies and/or the necromancer

F$ck! the mage thinks as he sees the gruesome sight a few blocks away. He starts the observation ball to slowly return towards him keeping it focused on the necromancer. "We've got our own trouble coming towards us. A necromancer and her horde of zombies." He turns towards Barracuda, seeing him causing a tickling sense of unnease. If Ben isn't his name, how do we know Prince Corwin is real as well. He also uses a code name. That's a lot of alias for a good guy. But it's weird to want to sow distrust of oneself, especially at a time like this. There must be another reason he's chosen to tell us this, but now is not the time to ask why. Grant has used his magic to get away from trouble and he could easily do so again here, but it would leave everyone else behind. He surprises himself with what he says, "Barracuda, I think it's time to get everyone up to the bridge. Some of the vehicles won't be able to drive straight through the portal I created, but if they go slow and pass a portion through the plane of it, it should teleport them to the end point. I will stand rearguard against the necromancer while you get everyone else moving."

Grant looks down the foggy street and sees that there is an overpass that substantially narrows the road. He moves out of the way of their caravan and approaches the overpass. He casts Ice and fills the two tunnels for road traffic with cubes of Ice (15 P.P.E. | BOM 112 | 2000' | 100 min | 10'x10'x100' Ice Block with 500 M.D.C. per 10' section), he casts it 2 or 3 times (as needed) to block off access and stacks it 20' high to stop anything from climbing over. He then lays down Carpets of Adhesion on his side of the blocks near the edges (10 PPE | BOM 99 | 120' | 10' X 20' area | 50 min | See EU house rule), the idea being if the zombies do make it around the wall, they won't see the carpet until it's too late to avoid.

He then waits to the side, invisible (simple), watching the approaching zombies and necromancer, ready to head them off with more blocks of ice if needed. When he thinks the zombies are within 500' of the ice wall, he casts Lightning Arc (30 PPE | BOM 122 | 6000' | Dodge | 5 min | 6d6 + 10 M.D. x 2 for ley line nexus influence, +4 strike within 100', +1 strike otherwise) and Invulnerability (25 PPE | BOM 116 | 5 min | impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF), finally he draws his Draining Blade in the event some comes within melee range.

Combat Contingency

APM: 10 (11 casting magic)
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 7
+4 Strike with Lightning Arc at 100', +1 otherwise

  1. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 15, Damage: 12d6+20 = 55 M.D.
  2. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 12, Damage: 12d6+20 = 56 M.D.
  3. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 16, Damage: 12d6+20 = 62 M.D.
  4. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 4, Damage: 12d6+20 = 57 M.D.
  5. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 7, Damage: 12d6+20 = 53 M.D.
  6. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 10, Damage: 12d6+20 = 67 M.D.
  7. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 16, Damage: 12d6+20 = 73 M.D.
  8. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 1, Damage: 12d6+20 = 55 M.D.
  9. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 18, Damage: 12d6+20 = 69 M.D.
  10. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 4, Damage: 12d6+20 = 50 M.D.

Contingency Dodge/Parry (+4/+5): 10d20:
17, 13, 17, 16, 3, 5, 13, 7, 5, 10


If his Invincible Armor goes down, he will spend an action casting Armor Bizarre(15 PPE | BOM 104 | 20 min | HF 14 | 150 M.D.C. -1 Init to viewers, must save vs HF each round.). He can also fly out of range if it looks like he will be overwhelmed.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:38 pm

Perception 56% 1d100 = 64
JIC 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 19

As Grant steps forward and starts casting spells, Weiss finds himself left out of any loop.

Nobody tells me frakking nothing Weiss grumbles, don't tell the guy in the giant robot what's going on. Just make me guess because that is so helpful.

He opens up the comm channel, trying not to jab the button.
"What is going on? Have we got company?" he radios Grant

Sensory Equipment 74% 1d100 = 24 he scans the area, whilst focusing the infrared searchlights on the Beauty's torso in the direction Grant is casting magic, keeping an eye for trouble. He readies the plasma flamethrower and giant magical sword

If they are attacked

Initiative 1d20+3 = 14
APM 9

Depending on the type of attack and type of creature

Melee - assuming 4d6 MD for the giant magical sword plus robotic PS 40
1 1d20+10 = 25 6d6 = 28
2 1d20+10 = 23 6d6 = 24
3 1d20+10 = 25 6d6 = 18
4 1d20+10 = 14 6d6 = 27
5 1d20+10 = 21 6d6 = 29
6 1d20+10 = 25 6d6 = 30
7 1d20+10 = 27 6d6 = 25
8 1d20+10 = 25 6d6 = 21
9 1d20+10 = 19 6d6 = 16





Parry
1d20+12 = 26
1d20+12 = 13
1d20+12 = 16
1d20+12 = 26
1d20+12 = 14
1d20+12 = 30
1d20+12 = 30
1d20+12 = 28
1d20+12 = 32
1d20+12 = 29
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 6;1d100 = 57

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: Duration 4 Minutes: +2 APM, + 1 on initiative, + 1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw. (p. 16 Merc Adventures)
  • Superhuman AgilityDuration 4 Minutes: + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge +5. Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill. (p. 14 Merc Adventures)
  • See The Invisible: Duration 8 minutes.
  • Suppress Fear: Duration 8minutes.



Grant Latham wrote:
F$ck! the mage thinks as he sees the gruesome sight a few blocks away. He starts the observation ball to slowly return towards him keeping it focused on the necromancer. "We've got our own trouble coming towards us. A necromancer and her horde of zombies." He turns towards Barracuda, seeing him causing a tickling sense of unnease. If Ben isn't his name, how do we know Prince Corwin is real as well. He also uses a code name. That's a lot of alias for a good guy. But it's weird to want to sow distrust of oneself, especially at a time like this. There must be another reason he's chosen to tell us this, but now is not the time to ask why. Grant has used his magic to get away from trouble and he could easily do so again here, but it would leave everyone else behind. He surprises himself with what he says, "Barracuda, I think it's time to get everyone up to the bridge. Some of the vehicles won't be able to drive straight through the portal I created, but if they go slow and pass a portion through the plane of it, it should teleport them to the end point. I will stand rearguard against the necromancer as you can get everyone else moving."


Keiko takes one step away from Grant before stopping in her tracks when she hears about the zombie hoard and a necromancer. Keiko says to no one in particular, "Well that just spices things right up doesn't? You're not thinking of keeping all the fun to yourself are you?" She then keys her radio, "Bridge team we have a zombie hoard bearing down on us with necromancer support. We're going to keep them busy and off the bridge. Your on your own for the moment."

Keiko moves to Grant as he is casting his magics and will cast Fighting Spirit and Superhuman Agility on both herself and Grant (-70 PPE). "Here this will help.". She will then activate the Psionic ability See the Invisible(-4 ISP) and Suppress Fear (-8 ISP). Keiko will also be pulling in what PPE she can from the Leyline (+10 PPE per Melee)

Fighting Spirit Bonuses
Code: Select all
Duration 4 Minutes: +2 APM, + 1 on initiative, + 1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.


Superhuman Agility
Code: Select all
Duration 4 Minutes: + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge +5. Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill.


Keiko impatiently plays with her ax and looks at Grant as they wait for the hoard to breach. "Well this day just got a whole lot more interesting didn't it? Not that it wasn't interesting before. I wish i had my good axe. Too bad she was taken from me. I'll find her eventually. But Dom here is a good back up. Hey. If you stay there I'll keep them off you. Just make sure you stay there. I'll keep you line of fire clear as best I can." Keiko will do what she can to keep the hoard from reaching melee range of Grant while positioning herself in a way to allow Grant to still have good ranged shots on the Zombies.

Combat Contingency posts:

APM: 8

Init: 1d20+8 = 25

Action 1: Move to location where Zombies have broken through (She will avoid stepping on the COA Grant placed)
Action 2: Strike on hostile target: 1d20+10 = 24; Damage: 4d6 = 16 Magical
Action 3: Strike on hostile target: 1d20+10 = 12; Damage: 4d6 = 9 Magical
Action 4: Strike on hostile target: 1d20+10 = 25; Damage: 4d6 = 16 Magical
Action 5: Strike on hostile target: 1d20+10 = 14; Damage: 4d6 = 17 Magical
Action 6: Strike on hostile target: 1d20+10 = 17; Damage: 4d6 = 12 Magical
Action 7: Strike on hostile target: 1d20+10 = 23; Damage: 4d6 = 16 Magical
Action 8: Strike on hostile target: 1d20+10 = 24; Damage: 4d6 = 15 Magical

Auto-Dodge (For Ranged attacks): 1d20+10 = 12; 1d20+10 = 12; 1d20+10 = 17; 1d20+10 = 22; 1d20+10 = 22; 1d20+10 = 20; 1d20+10 = 29; 1d20+10 = 30

Auto-Parry (For Melee Attacks): 1d20+13 = 16; 1d20+13 = 19; 1d20+13 = 20; 1d20+13 = 24; 1d20+13 = 14; 1d20+13 = 20; 1d20+13 = 32; 1d20+13 = 31
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 48 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 52

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Ronith wrote:”These people are not right. We need to subdue them, then see if we can figure out what has happened and what we can do about it.”


As Ronith tosses the lieutenant into the water, Ashlynn springs into action, simultaneously triggering her talisman of invulnerability while leaping over the assembled soldiers. As she lands, she triggers her energy shield. Bouncing around among the enemy, she intends to ram into as many as possible in rapid succession, using her bouncing ability, to knock as many off their feet as possible (victim loses initiative and 1 melee attack), and dodging if necessary (including trying to dodge any friendly fire).

These guys aren't really bad guys - I can't hurt 'em too much! but they ARE in our way... so... maybe a buncha bounce attacks? Yeah... I think that'll do!

"All right! Time to show why I'm called MEGA KILLROCKET SUPERSTAR!"

Initiative: 1d20+13 = 31

APM: 10
Action 1: Bounce over enemies
Multitasking action 1: Activate Talisman of Invulnerability
Action 2: Bounce Attack Body Block 1d20+9 = 21; Damage 2d4 = 5; 1d100 = 11/60% chance of knockdown (SUCCESS)
Multitasking action 2: Trigger Energy Shield
Action 3: Bounce Attack Body Block 1d20+9 = 24; Damage 2d4 = 5; 1d100 = 34/60% chance of knockdown (SUCCESS)
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+12 = 27
Action 5: Bounce Attack Body Block 1d20+9 = 20; Damage 2d4 = 4; 1d100 = 55/60% chance of knockdown (SUCCESS)
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+12 = 29
Action 7: Bounce Attack Body Block 1d20+9 = 21; Damage 2d4 = 3; 1d100 = 59/60% chance of knockdown (SUCCESS)
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+12 = 13 (Nat. 1!)
Action 9: Bounce Attack Body Block 1d20+9 = 24; Damage 2d4 = 7; 1d100 = 96/60% chance of knockdown (FAIL)
Action 10: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+12 = 22

Parries using Energy Shield (if necessary): 1) 1d20+16 = 26; 2) 1d20+16 = 27; 3) 1d20+16 = 32; 4) 1d20+16 = 24; 5) 1d20+16 = 34; 6) 1d20+16 = 22; 7) 1d20+16 = 24; 8) 1d20+16 = 29; 9) 1d20+16 = 25; 10) 1d20+16 = 23

Auto-dodges: 1) 1d20+3 = 11; 2) 1d20+3 = 10; 3) 1d20+3 = 10; 4) 1d20+3 = 8; 5) 1d20+3 = 20; 6) 1d20+3 = 14; 7) 1d20+3 = 15; 8) 1d20+3 = 7; 9) 1d20+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!); 10) 1d20+3 = 4 (Nat. 1!)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69 vs 45%
JIC: 1d20 = 14 and 1d100 = 77

Jack Stands watching as Rontih and Ashlyn engage the soldiers on the bridge, Dammit, They are too close. Explosives won't work. Jack tries to make out who is who in the mix of things but just gets frustrated by the poor visibility. He disengages the swarm arrow and puts it away for now, I would cause more harm than good with this right now, he thinks to himself as he does so. He keys up the group radio, "Visibility is crap, I can't see anything. I have no target. Making my way to Ronith. Jack climbs down the bridge and makes his way back to Ronith.

On the bridge he readies his Vibro-sword incase he is attacked along the way. Upon arriving he will look for the closest most threatening target and swipe at them with his sword, saying "This needs to be quick folks."

Actions
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 5

Action 1: Put swarm bow away, radio Team
Action 2-3: Climb down to street level on bridge
Action 4-5: Run to Group of
Action 6: Strike with Vibro sword 1d20+7 = 16, Damage 3d6 = 5

Parry with Sword: 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 30
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:58 pm

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 28
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 27
PER: 1d100 = 70 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 8/2 = 4
Conditions
  • Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
  • EBA Psionic Electromagnetic Dampeners: +2 to Save vs all Psionic Attacks and Possession Attempts, +1 to Save vs Magic Illusion and Mind Control.
  • EBA Integrated Sensor Pod: +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise.
  • EBA exoskeleton: +4 PP, +20 Speed, +10' to leaps, +10% to Climbing, Reduce Fatigue by 75%.
  • Headaches: Half APM until further notice.
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 26.75 min | 90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity and fire. Armor is invisible
  • Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 26.75 min | Appears +3 lvls, +3 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.
  • Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 480' r | 40.25 min.
  • Telepathy: Superior- Rifter 25, P. 83; 700-foot range, 23m75s remaining.
Aura of Power – +Original post: 1d4+2 = 3 to MA

Ronith wastes little time. ”Barracuda, some soldiers in the drink for you to retrieve when you have a momeny.” Once Grant and company report in the presence of the funky undead woman, Ronith adds ”Daisuke, get a portal ready to send me back to the others.” Could this creature be the reason these troopers are incapacitated? Blast it! I have to be in two places at once.

Ronith’s first order of business is to continue disarming the troops on the bridge. They aren’t using their heavy ordinance, and there are other indications that they aren’t all there. Good enough for the time being, Ronith continues working his way through the infantry on the bridge- disarming them and tossing their weapons to the seemingly unaffected troops as he can. With a little luck, the troops will settle down and Heroes for Hire can take the bridge.

If at any point the troopers are subdued, Ronith adds new orders to the team radio channel. ”Jack, secure the bridge. Pull in some of the other merc companies if you have to- I need to be elsewhere.”. Ronith will continue to work on the troopers until it seems like they have been subdued, then leap through Daisuke’s portal (once it’s available) to take the fight to the apparent source of the undead.

Action 1: Disarm strike. 1d20+6 = 21.
Action 2: Disarm strike. 1d20+6 = 8.
Action 3: Disarm strike. 1d20+6 = 14.
Action 4: Disarm strike. 1d20+6 = 8.

Auto-parries: 1d20+16 = 27, 1d20+16 = 32, 1d20+16 = 20, 1d20+16 = 24
Auto-dodges (add +6 to the two most threatening opponents): 1d20+12 = 13, 1d20+12 = 19, 1d20+12 = 29, 1d20+12 = 24

Contingency: Once the bridge is secured, Ronith will head through the portal and quick draw his swords to take on the undead lady.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 100

Grant Latham wrote:To Barracuda and Keiko he says, "His aura shows no aberrations." He turns back to the new guy, "Alright, you are welcome to join us. We are trying to get across the bridge but it is being blocked by troops, we may have to get underway quickly. Keep your head down, follow instructions and don't go off by yourself."


Magic. So cool. So weird. Aura aberrations? I prefer punching or stabbing my problems. To each their own...

Grant Latham wrote:"We've got our own trouble coming towards us. A necromancer and her horde of zombies. Barracuda, I think it's time to get everyone up to the bridge. Some of the vehicles won't be able to drive straight through the portal I created, but if they go slow and pass a portion through the plane of it, it should teleport them to the end point. I will stand rearguard against the necromancer while you get everyone else moving."

"Wait, zombies? Like, the living dead? Are they the same ones from the grey place?" Barracuda slams the butt end of King Tide onto the ground and it begins to glow a light purple surrounding the metallic sheen of the polearm. Pointing to the portal that Grant created, Barracuda hollers to the gathered crowd. "Everyone! Danger is incoming! I need each and every one of you through that portal, immediately!" He starts waving them through, including the vehicles. Once everyone is through the portal, he turns back to Grant. "Let's do this!"

Ronith wrote:Ronith wastes little time. ”Barracuda, some soldiers in the drink for you to retrieve when you have a moment.”

If Barracuda doesn't find himself under attack, he'll hop in the water and look for any soldiers that seem to be struggling with staying afloat. He'll drag them to shore, all in the same spot and then observe them for a moment before joining Grant against the aforementioned Zombies.

Combat Contingency
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8
APM: 7

Action 1: Run zombie through with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 13 Damage: 6d6+16 = 36 MD
Action 2: Run zombie through with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 13 Damage: 6d6+16 = 45 MD
Action 3: Run zombie through with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 13 Damage: 6d6+16 = 33 MD
Action 4: Run zombie through with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 20 Damage: 6d6+16 = 30 MD
Action 5: Run zombie through with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 22 Damage: 6d6+16 = 43 MD
Action 6: Run zombie through with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 24 Damage: 6d6+16 = 35 MD
Action 7: Run zombie through with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 24 Damage: 6d6+16 = 36 MD

Parry: 1d20+11 = 121d20+11 = 151d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 191d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 261d20+11 = 18
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:17 pm

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1F4_NHP-ulaaz50ouylNJbxJfstd6-bzV&usp=sharing

The huddled masses behind continue to look about, fear covering the whole area. Gallows Twelve mentions the radios are experiencing even more interference. Last Dance is with Ronith and crew and have engaged the soldiers on the bridge. Collegiate personnel stick with the rearward guard and several stay near blue, ready protect the civilians. Ryver looks fearfully at the water as they go through the portal onto the bridge. While there are some terrified of the magic portal, the fear of what lies behind them overtakes all other concerns.

Daisuke acts quickly. The pilot seems mentally unstable and presses the attack. Fortunately the pilot's helmet wasn't strapped on, enabling him to spin the helmet about on the pilots head. Opening a portal, the Arismal dumps the soldier on the pavement outside of the robot.

Grant, disturbed by the approaching undead, creates another portal to move the other survivors and mercs through to the bridge. Creating both an ice wall and a carpet of adhesion, he then moves to a position from which he can watch their advance. Using his viewing orb, he watches the zombies approach. Though the fog obscures them, thank to his orb, he knows they are within 500ft and unleashing a crackling bolt of electrical energy that disappears into the fog with a crack. The smell of charred flesh and ozone drifts about the area and a single angered cry rings out. Grant's ley line defense seems to be holding. He draws his energy blade, ready for combat

Weiss moves slightly, readying Blue for combat and defending the civilians.

Keiko moves with Grant to the far side of the ice wall, waiting for the horde to approach.

Ashlynn bounces into action. The soldiers are caught off guard as she knocks 3 of them off their feet and sends them sailing. She misses one and another she hits manages to stay on their feet. The one she missed, shoots at her, but misses as well.

Jack moves to join Ronith who then asks him to secure the bridge.

Ronith whirls into action, disarming many more as the militia that accompanied him swells into the area and a melee ensues. He then calls for Daisuke to open a new portal to get back to the undead.

The mass of undead are close to the ice wall as Grant and Keiko can see them come into view. Many no doubt were destroyed, but what they realize is that these are likely something difference than regular zombies. These are stitched together in horrific manner, seemingly convulsing in pain as the walk. Their voices cry and whimper as the move, driven by some evil force.

The missiles hang overhead in the fog, their position not absolutely known. The undead draw closer along with their foul mistress.

Barracuda dives into the icy Mississippi river. As he searches, he spots a woman in the water. She has a certainly allure as he looks into her eyes. For a moment he seems to be overcome with feelings of devotion to her but he quickly shakes it away. When her power fails, she swims towards Barracuda at a great speed, but it's no match for the Prince. She parries the first several strikes. No doubt she possesses supernatural strength in her current state. On the 3rd strike, her armor is compromised and the 4th lands home. She convulses on the trident before slipping off King Tide's tines.

The soldiers above mostly snap out of their enchantment while they are being boot stomped by the group. However several hear a mechanical sound as the missile carrier rotates its turret and launches 4 missiles that disappear in the fog. For most of the group they recall a previous instance where missiles flew in a great arc. Through the fog they can hear the missiles up above them somewhere.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 71

There's always something lurking beneath the depths. Always. But there's a reason I'm the Lord of the Bay. I'm in charge down here, you losers.

Barracuda does a quick sweep of the waters in search of any other threats, or soldiers that have been knocked into the water and then returns to the surface of the water. Activating his suits eponymous Wave Striding feature, he runs across the surface of the water until he reaches the shore. Keying his radio, he lets the Heroes for Hire know, "Barracuda here. I dispatched a humanoid sea creature. Not sure if there are more. On my way back to you. What's the situation?" Here's hoping this goes smoothly. We're not on our home turf. Who knows what this place is like. Well, it's got zombies so it can't be that different.

Combat Contingency
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 23 (CRIT)
APM: 7

Action 1: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 18 Damage: 6d6+16 = 29 MD
Action 2: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 11 Damage: 6d6+16 = 32 MD
Action 3: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 15 Damage: 6d6+16 = 32 MD
Action 4: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 22 Damage: 6d6+16 = 27 MD
Action 5: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 19 Damage: 6d6+16 = 39 MD
Action 6: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 27 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16 = 37 MD=58 MD
Action 7: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 22 Damage: 6d6+16 = 44 MD

Parry: 1d20+11 = 251d20+11 = 211d20+11 = 31 (CRIT) 1d20+11 = 141d20+11 = 12 (CRIT FAIL) 1d20+11 = 12 (CRIT FAIL) 1d20+11 = 26
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest