Torment

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14 vs 45%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 and 1d100 = 90

Jack notices the sudden change in the soldiers demeanor and calls out to Ashlynn, "Do you see it? Their eyes. It looks like they are waking up." Hopeful they won't have to kill them, It isn't what Ronith would want, Jack yells to the soldiers, "Run! Run to the other side of the bridge. Get out of here!" When the missiles fire over head he wonders, What now? and heads to the direction of the missile launcher to see if it is automated or if someone is operating it.

When he gets there, if he sees someone operating it he will tell them, "Get down now!" If the person listens and starts down Jack will remain weary and at the ready. If the person does not listen he will engage the person and forcibly remove them from the missile launcher.

If it seems to be operating automatically, he will call over the team radio, "I need some help here shutting down this missile launcher. It seems to be operating on its own. Do I blow it? Maybe Weis can shut it down?"

Actions
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 19

Action 1: Yell to Ashlynn and the soldiers
Action 2: Make his way tot he missile launher
Action 3: Talk to the operator/or radio team
Action 4-6: Remain ready and reserve for Dodge 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 14,
Parry with Sword: 1d10+10 = 15, 1d10+10 = 12, 1d10+10 = 14, 1d10+10 = 11, 1d10+10 = 18,1d10+10 = 20

Contingency if there is a person on the launcher and they won't get down.
Action 4: Strike with Sword, Strike 1d20+7 = 8, Damage 3d6 = 12
Action 5: Strike with Sword, Strike 1d20+7 = 24, Damage 3d6 = 17
Action 6: Strike with Sword, Strike 1d20+7 = 9, Damage 3d6 = 16
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:58 pm

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 58
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 48


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 1831/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 20.55 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 13.75 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 33.75 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 67.75 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 114.75 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 6.75 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 6.75 min | 270' radius
  • Ice x 2 |BOM 112 | 2000' | 100 min | 10'x10'x100' Ice Block with 500 M.D.C. per 10' section
  • Carpet of Adhesion x2 | BOM 99 | 120' | 10' X 20' area | 50 min | See EU house rule
  • Lightning Arc | BOM 122 | 6000' | Dodge | 5 min | 6d6 + 10 M.D. x 2 for ley line nexus influence, +4 strike within 100', +1 strike otherwise)
  • Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 5 min | impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Mystic Portal | | BOM 135 | 10' X 20' doorway | Range 1000' | 20 min
  • Fighting Spirit | MA | 4 min | +2 APM, + 1 on initiative, + 1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • Superhuman Agility | MA | 4 min | + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge +5. Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill.


(As a reminder, Grant will continue to cast Ley Line Storm Defense as needed while moving through the storm ridden ley line area to keep magic stable for the group. He's also renewing his protective magic as needed.)

Before the battle begins

Grant observes the magic from Keiko's two spells settle upon him, and unlike the spell Fleet Feet, he doesn't feel any dulling of his senses. And almost bouncy feeling fills him, he finds his body hard to stay at rest, but each move remains precise. "Thank you Keiko," Grant says as he stands near her. Quietly, he says, "I appreciate you standing with me. When fighting it's worth a moment to draw upon the energy of the ley line. This battle will be a marathon not a sprint. What we will be facing is grotesque in the extreme, the necromancer approaching has not just animated the dead, but created monsters with the body parts of her victims. Focus on those that get within melee range." I hope you know when to run. He spins the Draining Blade in his hand loosen the muscles in his arm.

During the fighting

The Lord Magi keeps his cool as the moans of pain come from the stitched creatures (HF 1d20+19 = 26 currently). He rationalizes to himself, Even if they are still alive, they are better off dead than what life they would lead if we could free them from that woman's control. He observes the effectiveness of his lightning bolts seeing them tear into these things. "They are almost upon us," Grant says calmly. He casts another Carpet of Adhesion in front of the pair of them to slow any zombies that aren't hit with a lightning bolt. He lets loose two or three bolts at a time then peers through the fog looking for the Stitcher Maiden. If I can find her and put her down, these things may just collapse with her will upon them, I hope.

APM: 12 (13 casting magic)
Initiative: 1d20+8
+4 Strike with Lightning Arc at 100', +1 otherwise

  1. Lays down a Carpet of Adhesion in front of Grant and Keiko towards the zombies
  2. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 19 Damage: 12d6+20 = 62
  3. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 13 Damage: 12d6+20 = 57
  4. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 14 Damage: 12d6+20 = 57
  5. Survey the battle, looking for the Sticher Maiden. Switches targets if she is spotted.
  6. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 12 Damage: 12d6+20 = 53
  7. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 20 Damage: 12d6+20 = 54 crit! 108 M.D.
  8. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 20 Damage: 12d6+20 = 66 crit! 132 M.D.
  9. Survey the battle, looking for the Sticher Maiden. Switches targets if she is spotted.
  10. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 14 Damage: 12d6+20 = 64
  11. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 4 Damage: 12d6+20 = 56
  12. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 6 Damage: 12d6+20 = 58
  13. Draw upon the ley line (20 PPE)


Contingency Auto Dodge/Auto Parry (+5/+12) 12d20:
14, 6, 18, 17, 18, 7, 19, 4, 10, 7, 18, 3


If his Invincible Armor goes down, he will spend an action casting Armor Bizarre(15 PPE | BOM 104 | 20 min | HF 14 | 150 M.D.C. -1 Init to viewers, must save vs HF each round.). He can also fly out of range if it looks like he will be overwhelmed.
He will also cast Armor Bizarre on Keiko if it looks like her protections are failing (Range: 120')
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:02 am

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 2 (Crit. Success)

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 54

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

As Ashlynn pingpongs about, smashing into soldiers left and right, she laughs like a madwoman. "Ha ha HA! I'm winning and I haven't even pulled a WEAPON! You goofs!" Suddenly, she hears the missile launcher fire.

They launched missiles? what the heck?!? Are they... are they targeting their own position? To keep us from crossing?

OOC Comments
I don't know if the controls are external or internal to some sort of vehicle. The below text assumes they are external


If this is an open-air platform with a visible operator, Ashlynn launches herself in that direction, aiming to bounce the operator out of the way if possible and take control of the platform. If she doesn't get him out of the way on the first bounce, she'll try again as many times as necessary - otherwise, she looks to see if the missiles are guided - if so, she attempts to abort the attack, making them retarget them to splash down harmlessly in the river well south of our position, or make them self-destruct in the air.

Weapon Systems 80% 1d100 = 52 (Examine launcher system; determine target - SUCCESS)
Weapon Systems 80% 1d100 = 79 (Retarget or self-destruct missiles - SUCCESS)


Initiative: 1d20+13 = 23

APM: 10

Action 1: Bounce attack body block at Missile platform operator 1d20+9 = 29 (Nat. 20!); Damage 2d4 = 3 = 6; 1d100 = 97 /60% chance of knockdown (FAIL)
Action 2: examine launcher
Contingent Action 2: Bounce attack body block at Missile platform operator 1d20+9 = 17; Damage 2d4 = 5; 1d100 = 15 /60% chance of knockdown (SUCCESS)
Action 3: Retarget missiles as noted above
Contingent Action 3: as action 2 above
Contingent action 3: Bounce attack body block at Missile platform operator 1d20+9 = 17; Damage 2d4 = 4; 1d100 = 32 /60% chance of knockdown (SUCCESS)

If her efforts are successful, her remaining actions will be spent on self-defense as noted below.

Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+12 = 17
Contingent action 4: retarget missiles as noted in action 3 above
Action 5: Bounce Attack Body Block 1d20+9 = 27 ; Damage 2d4 = 3; 1d100 = 3 /60% chance of knockdown (CRIT. SUCCESS)
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+12 = 25
Action 7: Bounce Attack Body Block 1d20+9 = 28; Damage 2d4 = 3; 1d100 = 60 /60% chance of knockdown (SUCCESS)
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+12 = 29
Action 9: Bounce Attack Body Block 1d20+9 = 17; Damage 2d4 = 5; 1d100 = 25 /60% chance of knockdown (SUCCESS)
Action 10: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+12 = 25

If she is UNSUCCESSFUL in neutralizing the missiles, she sounds the general alarm as noted below.

Action 4: "INCOMING! CLEAR THE [Target area]!!"
Actions 5-10 - flee, using dodges above as necessary

OOC Comments
That's the end of the "external controls" scenario.



If the launcher controls are internal to the vehicle, actions proceed as follows:

Action 1: Bounce to vehicle; passenger-side
Multitask action 1: Draw laser sword
Action 2: Cut door open; 5d6 = 24 M.D. direct to door; repeat as necessary - remaining actions shift downward as necessary.
Action 3: Attack missile operator; Strike 1d20+12 = 21; Damage 5d6 = 23
Action 4: if he's incapacitated, shove him out of the way and enter
Contingent action 4: Attack missile operator; Strike 1d20+12 = 17; Damage 5d6 = 17
Action 5: Examine launcher controls as noted above
Contingent action 5: Attack missile operator; Strike 1d20+12 = 30; Damage 5d6 = 17
Action 6: Retarget/Self destruct missile as noted above
Contingent action 6: Attack missile operator; Strike 1d20+12 = 24; Damage 5d6 = 23
Actions 7-10: repeat above actions until launcher operator is neutralized and missiles are retargeted.
Contingent actions 7-10: retreat or self defense actions as noted above

If at any point she realizes she cannot clear the area of impact before the strike, Ashlynn will sacrifice an action to activate her Talisman of Invulnerability. NOTE: Explosions do 1/10 damage to Ashlynn because of her bounciness.

In any case, parries and autododges as necessary:

Parries: 1) 1d20+16 = 24; 2) 1d20+16 = 31; 3) 1d20+16 = 19; 4) 1d20+16 = 23; 5) 1d20+16 = 36 (Nat. 20!); 6) 1d20+16 = 31; 7) 1d20+16 = 17; 8) 1d20+16 = 18; 9) 1d20+16 = 36 (Nat. 20!); 10) 1d20+16 = 30

Autododges: 1) 1d20+3 = 5; 2) 1d20+3 = 21; 3) 1d20+3 = 6; 4) 1d20+3 = 5; 5) 1d20+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!); 6) 1d20+3 = 12; 7) 1d20+3 = 19; 8) 1d20+3 = 6; 9) 1d20+3 = 5; 10) 1d20+3 = 19
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 22 (+3 if Ronith draws his swords or pistols)
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 11
PER: 1d100 = 21 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 8/2 = 4
Conditions
  • Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
  • EBA Psionic Electromagnetic Dampeners: +2 to Save vs all Psionic Attacks and Possession Attempts, +1 to Save vs Magic Illusion and Mind Control.
  • EBA Integrated Sensor Pod: +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise.
  • EBA exoskeleton: +4 PP, +20 Speed, +10' to leaps, +10% to Climbing, Reduce Fatigue by 75%.
  • Headaches: Half APM until further notice.
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 26.5 min | 90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity and fire. Armor is invisible
  • Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 26.5 min | Appears +3 lvls, +3 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.
  • Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 480' r | 40.0 min.
  • Telepathy: Superior- Rifter 25, P. 83; 700-foot range, 23m5s remaining.


Charm/Impress- 1d100 = 73 vs. 100%
Trust/Intimidate- 1d100 = 96 vs. 60% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel, +10% good/evil alignments)
Both to convince the NEEMans to get moving.

Ronith sees and/or senses the missiles going up. Odindammit. Seeing the NEMAns beginning to return to their senses, he tries to corral them into leading the evacuation across the bridge. ”Go! Get moving!” Then he makes his way over to Ash and Jack, and the errant missile launcher. ”Report.” What Ronith does next will depend on whether Ash and Jack have been successful in dealing with the missiles. If the missiles are targeting somewhere not threatening to the team and the evacuees, if Ashlynn is able to countermand their firing order, or if either of them is able to fire a second volley to intercept the first, Ronith will leave them to it and head for Daisuke’s portal once it is ready.

Otherwise, Ronith will attempt to assist with stopping the missiles, drawing his pistols and opening fire on any he sees (or senses through his cyber-knight abilities) to attempt to blow up the volley. Once the volley is no longer a threat, and the missile platforms under friendly control, Ronith will proceed through the portal to engage the presumed source of the undead, the stitcher maiden.


Actions 1-2: Dialogue, movement towards Ash and Jack. Quick draw pistols if needed to shoot down missiles, otherwise quick draw swords as he moves to engage the undead lady.
Contingent Action 3: Paired pistol shots at two missiles in the volley. 1d20+10 = 29, 1d4*10 = 20 for NE-4, 1d20+10 = 23, 5d6+5 = 24 for MPR-4.
Contingent Action 4: Paired pistol shots at two missiles in the volley. 1d20+10 = 26, 1d4*10 = 10 for NE-4, 1d20+10 = 16, 5d6+5 = 22 for MPR-4.

Auto-parries: 1d20+20 = 22, 1d20+20 = 32, 1d20+20 = 23, 1d20+20 = 37
Auto-dodges (add +6 to the two most threatening opponents): 1d20+12 = 18, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 27, 1d20+12 = 17
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 64/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 57/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 17;1d100 = 84

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: Duration 4 Minutes: +2 APM, + 1 on initiative, + 1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw. (p. 16 Merc Adventures)
  • Superhuman AgilityDuration 4 Minutes: + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge +5. Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill. (p. 14 Merc Adventures)
  • See The Invisible: Duration 8 minutes.
  • Suppress Fear:(Immune to HF) Duration 8minutes.
  • Telepathy: Duration 8 minutes


Keiko gives Grant a warm smile, "Of course Grant. I can't let you have all the fun." Keiko winks at Grant. I'll make sure to keep them off you. Keiko pauses for a moment. "Dont worry. I know when to run. Sorry. That wasn't intentional. I still had my telepathy up from before. But you thought that really loudly. Keiko smiles again and readies herself for combat by activating AOI on her armor. (-10 PPE)
Draw PPE from ley line (+10 PPE)

Combat

Keiko's goal during combat will be to slow the advance of the Zombies and try and keep them clustered so Grant can zap them. She will also make every attempt to keep herself out of Grant's line of fire. When she sees the zombies in their patchwork state she tilts her head slightly intrigued by them. Interesting someone took the time to make these. Lacks elegance but not without passion.

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+8 = 13

Action 1: Move into range of zombies that have broken though.
Action 2: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 21; Damage: 4d6 = 10 Magic.
Action 3: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 19; Damage: 4d6 = 15 Magic.
Action 4: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 23; Damage: 4d6 = 15 Magic.
Action 5: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 23; Damage: 4d6 = 15 Magic.
Action 6: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 19; Damage: 4d6 = 19 Magic.
Action 7: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 27; Damage: 4d6 = 10 Magic.
Action 8: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 29CRIT; Damage: 4d6 = 10x2=20 Magic.

Auto-dodge: 1d20+10 = 13; 1d20+10 = 29; 1d20+10 = 24; 1d20+10 = 13; 1d20+10 = 11; 1d20+10 = 30; 1d20+10 = 30; 1d20+10 = 28

Auto-Parry: 1d20+11 = 16; 1d20+11 = 24; 1d20+11 = 16; 1d20+11 = 12; 1d20+11 = 16; 1d20+11 = 21; 1d20+11 = 12; 1d20+11 = 31

Contingencies:
-If AOI goes down Keiko will immediately sacrifice an action to reactivated AOI.
-If Keiko is overwhelmed she will slowly fall back while trying to keep the zombies from pushing around her.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:11 pm

Perception: 56% 1d100 = 27
JIC 1d100 = 21 1d20 = 13



Barracuda wrote:"Barracuda here. I dispatched a humanoid sea creature. Not sure if there are more. On my way back to you. What's the situation?"


"The way Grant is reacting, I'd say we have something incoming."


Jack McDermott wrote:"I need some help here shutting down this missile launcher. It seems to be operating on its own. Do I blow it? Maybe Weiss can shut it down?"


"We look to have incoming down here. D should be able to turn off the missile launcher." Weiss responds

Stepping further forward as the other vehicles pass through the portal, he marches down the street, positioning the Beauty a few metres behind the two mages to give them space to work and if need be, a quick place to hide behind as he presented a much bigger target.

"Grant, what have we got?" Weiss opens the comm channel; he didn't know if Kelko had been given a radio or not

And do you fancy answering me this time rather than ignoring me because one thing I certainly ain't is psychic.

As whatever is attacking them makes its way, Weiss opens up with the Beauty's varied firepower, testing what is proving most effective.
At some point, I will have a gunner that actually stays in the cockpit and fire things

Initiative 1d20+3 = 23
APM 9

Attack 1 Railgun 1d20+5 = 24 1d6*10 = 10
Attack 2 Flamethrower 1d20+4 = 15 1d4*10 = 40+10 concentrated fire or area burst to 10' area 2d6 = 7
Depending on which is the most effective I have supplied both sets of attacks
3 Railgun 1d20+5 = 14 1d6*10 = 10 Flamethrower 1d20+4 = 22 1d4*10 = 40+10 concentrated fire or area burst to 10' area 2d6 = 10
4 Railgun 1d20+5 = 11 1d6*10 = 60 Flamethrower 1d20+4 = 7 1d4*10 = 30+10 concentrated fire or area burst to 10' area 2d6 = 4
5 Railgun 1d20+5 = 25 1d6*10 = 50 Flamethrower 1d20+4 = 19 1d4*10 = 40+10 concentrated fire or area burst to 10' area 2d6 = 8
6 Railgun 1d20+5 = 10 1d6*10 = 10 Flamethrower 1d20+4 = 21 1d4*10 = 40+10 concentrated fire or area burst to 10' area 2d6 = 8
7 Railgun 1d20+5 = 25 1d6*10 = 40 Flamethrower 1d20+4 = 10 1d4*10 = 40+10 concentrated fire or area burst to 10' area 2d6 = 9
8 Railgun 1d20+5 = 13 1d6*10 = 50 Flamethrower 1d20+4 = 19 1d4*10 = 40+10 concentrated fire or area burst to 10' area 2d6 = 7
9 Railgun 1d20+5 = 13 1d6*10 = 50 Flamethrower 1d20+4 = 16 1d4*10 = 40+10 concentrated fire or area burst to 10' area 2d6 = 6

Melee combat with magical sword

1 1d20+10 = 20 6d6 = 11
2 1d20+10 = 27 6d6 = 21
3 1d20+10 = 19 6d6 = 16
41d20+10 = 23 6d6 = 27
51d20+10 = 22 6d6 = 17
61d20+10 = 13 6d6 = 19
71d20+10 = 11 6d6 = 24
81d20+10 = 30 6d6 = 22
91d20+10 = 26 6d6 = 28

contingency
If the attacks look to be overwhelming their position, Weiss will strategically retreat, offering covering fire and scooping up anybody who is trying to run away as opposed to teleport or fly.


Parry
1d20+12 = 25
1d20+12 = 15
1d20+12 = 26
1d20+12 = 20
1d20+12 = 18
1d20+12 = 27
1d20+12 = 27
1d20+12 = 17
1d20+12 = 32
1d20+12 = 18
1d20+12 = 21
1d20+11 = 23
1d20+12 = 29


Dodge
1d20+10 = 11
1d20+10 = 23
1d20+10 = 13
1d20+10 = 15
1d20+10 = 21
1d20+10 = 21
1d20+10 = 30
1d20+10 = 29
1d20+10 = 27
1d20+10 = 30
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Daisuke » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:34 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 46 | 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 20 | 1d100 = 85%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Adhesion
  • Instant Wardrobe [35lbs] (2/3)
  • Instant Weapon [80lbs] (1/2)
    • Lynx Laser Rifle
    • <empty>
Stats
    HP/MDC: 51/51
    SDC: 191/191
    PPE: 13/13
Crusader EBA
Image
[size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 30 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 95
Weight: 24 lbs.
Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
Features:
  • All features standard to environmental armor
Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 24% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +6 (+1)
Magic (varies): +6 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +9 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +14 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +6 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor: +9
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +8 (+6)[/size]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.4 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

"Robot secured." Daisuke keys into the team channel on his personal comms. He hops into the pilot's seat and tests the controls, actuating the arms and lifting a leg up before putting it back down.

Sir Ronith wants a portal back to the undead... Okay. Have to get myself over there. Might as well bring the robot.

After confirming that he has basic movement of the robot down, Daisuke will open a portal to cross the bridge from his current location over to where Sir Ronith is doing a great impression of a supernatural dervish. To make meeting Sir Ronith's request easier, Daisuke intends for the exit portal to point in the direction of the undead horde. Perhaps needing to crouch or hunch over the 'bot a little bit to clear the portal, the Arismal will pass through the portal, instantly traversing the space previously requiring some manner of herculean leap to cover.

"Portal incoming." Daisuke will notify Sir Ronith. And open another portal in front of himself back toward the undead horde. He hopes that given his heightened vantage within the robot that his line of sight is dramatically improved and so he can adequately aid Sir Ronith's transportation to the action.

Once Sir Ronith is through, Daisuke's gaze will flit over to the dead body still in the compartment with him. "Undead horde... maybe not the best idea to have a dead body in here..." he mutters under his breath. And hops out of the pilot seat to open a portal to dump the body outside the confines of the robot.

Pilot Robot. 1d100 = 88 | 56%.
---------------
"Actions"
Action 1: Pilot Robot testing that it responds to controls as expected
Action 2: Portal over to bridge Sir Ronith is on (exit portal facing direction of undead mass). Walk 'bot through portal.
Action 3: Open Portal for Sir Ronith back to undead mass.
Action 4: Wait for Sir Ronith to go through. Assess interior of pilot's compartment.
Action 5: Portal inside pilot's compartment to the outside in order to dump the body of the co-pilot (not looking for any unexpected undead hijinks)

Auto-Parries (+4 not included): 5d20:
9, 14, 19, 16, 6

GM-requested Extra Pilot Robot roll: 1d100 = 29 | 56%
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:43 pm

Barracuda kills the lieutenant who was in the water and then Makes his way back to Grant, Keiko and Weiss as the wave of things try to breach Grant's barrier

Jack and Ashlynn move to the missile launcher where the operators are enclosed within its metal hull and try to breach the interior. Metal sparks spray everywhere and illumate the hazy, frozen night, yelling to everyone else to get away as the missiles arc overhead to their demise. The mercs and confused soldiers make a run for the far end of the bridge. Finally the top is breached and two confused, startled soldiers look back. Jack and Ashlynn order the soldiers out of the vehicle. They comply.

The civilians yet to arrive don't hear the warning and arrive as the missiles streak down towards them all.

Grant catches nearly all the zombies in his carpets, making them easy targets. Those stuck in the carpets struggle mindlessly while others break away at the ice. He does not see the Stitcher Maiden on this side of the overpass, but keeps a wary eye for her. That doesn't stop him from wielding his magics to destroy the... creatures.

Ronith, assessing the situation, takes center stage beneath the descending missiles and begins shooting two of the missiles. Of course his cyberknight aura already has the missiles behaving oddly jutting back and forth, but it gives him just the opportunity to destroy them. The missiles detonate overhead, consuming the whole volley. Shrapnel falls down, peppering the whole area in cinders and shrapnel to the screams of the civilians as they continue running.

Weiss unleashes a flamethrower and railgun. Pavement, ice and corpses explode as the sickly sweet aroma of burnt flesh and hair drift their way. The buzz of the railgun drones on for seconds at a time, obliterating the overpass and anything near them. Nearby buildings are washed in the yellow-orange flame and billowing black clouds from the flamethrower.

Daisuke moves to where Ronith is currently and then another portal for Ronith back to Grant and company. Looking about the controls are perhaps a bit antiquated, but better built than what little he had seen of Weiss' UAR-1. He then notices the self destruct sequence. The pilot must have intend to take out the lieutenant as some sort of revenge. 30 seconds remain on the timer.

Mercs try to herd the civilians towards the far side of the bridge with all haste. the awakened soldiers are confused. The one ejected from the robot is having a mental collapse.

((The zombie constructs are unable to touch anyone, being easily parried and then destroyed. With the partial destruction of the ice blocks, more will arrive next round, but the bridge is now clear, if you want to retreat))

The sticher maiden seems to literally pull her constructs back together, though any burned with flame do no do so. The ones that do, are compromised in some fashion and are likely minor mega damage. Some are making it over the train trestle and others work at the ice blocks. Keiko and Weiss continue to cut them down. The sticher remains in back and then dispels one of the COAs, on the left, allowing the things to surge forward. A few make it to Keiko as she cuts them down.

The NEMA robot pilot leaps over the bridge, unable to compose himself.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:03 am

Initiative: 1d20+13 = 27 (with +3 from quick draw)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 57
PER: 1d100 = 86 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 8/2 = 4
Conditions
  • Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
  • Headaches: Half APM until further notice.
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 26.25 min | 90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity and fire. Armor is invisible
  • Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 26.25 min | Appears +3 lvls, +3 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.
  • Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 480' r | 39.75 min.
  • Telepathy: Superior- Rifter 25, P. 83; 700-foot range, 23m25s remaining.

Tumbling: 3d100:
2, 85, 41
vs. 106%
Sense of balance: 3d100:
79, 90, 13
vs. 131%
Back flip: 3d100:
84, 38, 28
vs.131%
All to bypass the zombies, barriers, carpets of adhesion, etc. between the portal’s exit and the Stitcher Maiden.

One crisis down. But I still have to get to the others. Ronith’s basic plan hasn’t changed- once he’s satisfied that all the heavy ordinance threatening their convoy is secure, he will holster his pistols and make for the requested portal at a dead sprint. Once Ronith is through, he will quick draw his swords and charge the Stitcher Maiden, leaping over any undead and/or barriers (magical or otherwise) in the way. As soon as he reaches her, Ronith will attempt to do what he does best.

Action 1: Holster pistols and move towards Daisuke’s portal.
Remaining actions likely reserved entirely for movement, but sword strikes with Frostfang at targets of opportunity if the Stitcher Maiden is unavailable (combat acrobatics lets Ronith strike while moving at no penalty).
Action 2: 1d20+20 = 32 to strike, 1d6*10 = 10 MD
Action 3: 1d20+20 = 31 to strike, 1d6*10 = 20 MD
Action 4: 1d20+20 = 22 to strike, 1d6*10 = 40 MD

Auto-parries with Skyrender: 1d20+25 = 39, 1d20+25 = 26, 1d20+25 = 29, 1d20+25 = 36
Auto-dodges: 1d20+14 = 17, 1d20+14 = 15, 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 25
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 64/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:39 pm

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 59


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 1841/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 20.25 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 13.50 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 33.50 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 67.50 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 114.50 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 6.50 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 6.50 min | 270' radius
  • Ice x 2 |BOM 112 | 2000' | 99.75 min | 10'x10'x100' Ice Block with 500 M.D.C. per 10' section
  • Carpet of Adhesion x3 | BOM 99 | 120' | 10' X 20' area | 49.75 min | See EU house rule
  • Lightning Arc | BOM 122 | 6000' | Dodge | 4.75 min | 6d6 + 10 M.D. x 2 for ley line nexus influence, +4 strike within 100', +1 strike otherwise)
  • Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 4.75 min | impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Mystic Portal | | BOM 135 | 10' X 20' doorway | Range 1000' | 19.75 min
  • Fighting Spirit | MA | 3.75 min | +2 APM, + 1 on initiative, + 1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • Superhuman Agility | MA | 3.75 min | + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge +5. Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill.


(As a reminder, Grant will continue to cast Ley Line Storm Defense as needed while moving through the storm ridden ley line area to keep magic stable for the group. He's also renewing his protective magic as needed.)

Grant slings bolts of electricity into the mobs of walking dead things as they are corralled into the killing zones he'd created. The buzz from Weiss in his ear piece an irritant as he tries to keep the creatures back, needing it to stop, he answers, calmly but tersely, "John, <<ZAP>>we are under attack by ,<<ZAP>>a necromancer and her army <<ZAP>> of the dead. Get the refugees across the bridge."

The Lord Magi knows a number of magics that can have biological effects, but it has always been towards making things less icky, not more. As he fires the bolts, he thinks back to his repertoire of knowledge. This necromancer is raising these things almost as fast as we are putting them down, fire seems to keep them down, but I don't have any area effect magic for it. Ah, what if I could remove the resources from play? Grant lowers his hands from throwing thunderbolts and then speaks the words to a new spell, Turn Dead (5 PPE | BOM 95 | 240' | Save vs Magic 15 | Repel 10d6 = 27 dead for 24 hours.). He thrust his hands out and apart as he release the magic. He watches for signs that these creatures are just animated dead and not actually cursed with unliving. Come on! "Damn it. It didn't work! Keiko, do you know any fire magic? That might put these things down quicker," the mage asks.

If he sees Sir Ronith appear and bound towards the creatures, he activates his telepathic ability (1d6+10 = 15 ISP from ley line | 4 I.S.P. | 750' for two way conversation | 30 min) and reaches out to Sir Ronith's mind, These dead things are being controlled by a huge humanoid female in a blood-stained gray dress. Stop her and it may stop all these things.


APM: 12 (13 casting magic)
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 23
+4 Strike with Lightning Arc at 100', +1 otherwise

  1. Speak to Weiss and Lightning Arc 1d20 = 12 Damage: 12d6+20 = 62
  2. Speak to Weiss and Lightning Arc 1d20 = 19 Damage: 12d6+20 = 61
  3. Speak to Weiss and Lightning Arc 1d20 = 20 Damage: 12d6+20 = 54 crit! 108 M.D.
  4. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 7 Damage: 12d6+20 = 71
  5. Cast Turn Dead: 10d6 = 30
  6. Look at results
  7. Speak and look for the Stitcher Maiden. Perception 78% vs 1d100 = 37 Switch to strike her instead of the undead if found.
  8. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 17 Damage: 12d6+20 = 64
  9. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 16 Damage: 12d6+20 = 57
  10. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 15 Damage: 12d6+20 = 52
  11. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 3 Damage: 12d6+20 = 53
  12. Lightning Arc 1d20 = 12 Damage: 12d6+20 = 58
  13. Draw upon the ley line (20 PPE)


Contingency Auto Dodge/Auto Parry (+5/+12) 12d20:
7, 9, 18, 8, 3, 5, 17, 10, 17, 4, 14, 9


If his Invincible Armor goes down, he will spend an action casting Armor Bizarre(15 PPE | BOM 104 | 20 min | HF 14 | 150 M.D.C. -1 Init to viewers, must save vs HF each round.). He can also fly out of range if it looks like he will be overwhelmed.
He will also cast Armor Bizarre on Keiko if it looks like her protections are failing (Range: 120')
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27 vs 45%
JIC: 1d20 = 16 and 1d100 = 74

Jack yells at the soldiers, "Get across the bridge now!" He look sat Ashlynn and asks, "Should we try to drive this thing off the bridge? I feel like we are dismantling whatever defense was placed here." This is not the time to question what you are doing, he thinks to himself. "I'm gonna help the mercs get as many people across the bridge as possible." Jack keys up the radio, "The bridge is secure, send anyone that hasn't started over."

Jack will then make his way to any groups just starting up onto the bridge and let them know to head to the other side. If he encounters any confrontation he eliminate the threat.

Once he thinks he has everyone on the other side of the bridge he will radio, "Civilians are across. What next?

Actions
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 20
Action 1-6: Assist the people over the Bridge as needed

Contingency if any attacks Jack he will strike with his sword.
Strike: 1: 1d20+7 = 24, 2: 1d20+7 = 17, 3: 1d20+7 = 18, 4: 1d20+7 = 25, 5: 1d20+7 = 23
Parry with Sword: 1: 1d20+10 = 30, 2: 1d20+10 = 28, 3: 1d20+10 = 23, 4: 1d20+10 = 13, 5: 1d20+10 = 11
Dodge: If an attack seems most devastating Jack will Dodge, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 17
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 18

This is a nightmare world. I can't imagine living through an apocalypse like this. Barracuda observes the mayhem surrounding him with sadness in his heart. How do you even rebuild after something like this?

With the hordes of undead temporarily paused through Grant's careful use of magic, Barracuda finds that he has some time to think instead of the constant reaction he's used to. Barracuda fires off one charged shot from King Tide toward one of the undead to keep them off balance. Then he focuses his efforts toward keeping an eye out for the Stitcher Maiden. "Do we have eyes on the main target?"

IF Barracuda is made aware of the situation with the self destruct sequence, he will rush over to the robot and blast it with an EMP pulse to take it offline.

APM: 7
Action 1: Fire Empowered Bolt from King Tide. Strike: 1d20 = 5 Damage: 6d6+16 = 38
Actions 2-7: Reserved for Dodge.

Contingency 1: EMP blast at Robot (1d100 = 16/97%). Strike: 1d20 = 4.

Dodges: 1d20+6 = 211d20+6 = 131d20+6 = 151d20+6 = 231d20+6 = 121d20+6 = 22
Parries: 1d20+11 = 191d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 141d20+11 = 261d20+11 = 301d20+11 = 181d20+11 = 19
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 13;1d100 = 12

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: Duration 4 Minutes: +2 APM, + 1 on initiative, + 1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw. (p. 16 Merc Adventures)
  • Superhuman AgilityDuration 4 Minutes: + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge +5. Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill. (p. 14 Merc Adventures)
  • See The Invisible: Duration 8 minutes.
  • Suppress Fear:(Immune to HF) Duration 8minutes.
  • Telepathy: Duration 8 minutes


Keiko continues to try and keep the tide of undead back. Keiko knows she is fighting a stalling action when her targets begin pulling themselves back together. Oh look she's putting them back together. Well it wouldn't be worth doing if it wasn't a challenge. Keiko know's she will be overwhelmed eventually but has a feeling the rest of the team will be down to assist soon as this is one threat they can not ignore. Just have to hold till back up gets here. This has been a most interesting trip so far. Grant is nearly as powerful magically as Devon was. Quite the impressive group.

Keiko barely hears Grant over the din of combat. and replies with a telepathic message. I wish. My magic has been focused on Time and enhancing my physical combat abilities. Looks like it might be time to branch out a little. I can't see the maiden from where I am...Duck, spin, chop. There goes another. Oh look you want to play too. Nighty night. Hehehehe... Keiko is smiling as the message fades. Not realizing she sent more to Grant then she intended to.

Combat:

APM: 8

Init: 1d20+8 = 18

Action 1: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 16; Damage: 4d6 = 5 Magic
Action 2: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 13; Damage: 4d6 = 12 Magic
Action 3: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 14; Damage: 4d6 = 13 Magic
Action 4: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 30 CRIT; Damage: 4d6 = 14 x2= 28 Magic
Action 5: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 24; Damage: 4d6 = 16 Magic
Action 6: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 11; Damage: 4d6 = 18 Magic
Action 7: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 15; Damage: 4d6 = 19 Magic
Action 8: Axe Strike closest zombie: 1d20+10 = 30 CRIT; Damage: 4d6 = 13 x2= 26 Magic

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10 = 18; 1d20+10 = 28; 1d20+10 = 18; 1d20+10 = 12; 1d20+10 = 19; 1d20+10 = 15; 1d20+10 = 21; 1d20+10 = 17

Auto-Parry: 1d20+11 = 12; 1d20+11 = 19; 1d20+11 = 23; 1d20+11 = 15; 1d20+11 = 17; 1d20+11 = 17; 1d20+11 = 14; 1d20+11 = 15;

Contingencies:
-If AOI goes down Keiko will immediately sacrifice an action to reactivated AOI.
-If Keiko is overwhelmed she will slowly fall back while trying to keep the zombies from pushing around her.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:10 am

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 89

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 9

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Jack wrote:"I'm gonna help the mercs get as many people across the bridge as possible."


Ashlynn nods, "Same!" Gotta get the folks outta the hell zone!

She tumbles out of the vehicle, and calls for the civilians to follow her. "THIS WAY!" If anything attacks the civilians, Ashlynn will move to intercept, dodging into the attack and blocking with her energy shield.

Initiative: 1d20+13 = 20

APM: 10

Actions 1-10: escort civilians across the bridge.

Parries with Energy Shield: 1) 1d20+16 = 30; 2) 1d20+16 = 21; 3) 1d20+16 = 26; 4) 1d20+16 = 36; 5) 1d20+16 = 33; 6) 1d20+16 = 33; 7) 1d20+16 = 21; 8) 1d20+16 = 26; 9) 1d20+16 = 22; 10) 1d20+16 = 22

Dodges: 1) 1d20+12 = 26; 2) 1d20+12 = 26; 3) 1d20+12 = 32; 4) 1d20+12 = 25; 5) 1d20+12 = 24; 6) 1d20+12 = 18; 7) 1d20+12 = 29; 8) 1d20+12 = 27; 9) 1d20+12 = 24; 10) 1d20+12 = 14
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:47 pm

perception 56% 1d100 = 43
JIC 1d100 = 91 1d20 = 3

Grant Latham wrote:"John, <<ZAP>>we are under attack by ,<<ZAP>>a necromancer and her army <<ZAP>> of the dead. Get the refugees across the bridge."


"Civilians are already up on the bridge, the immediate threat is here. Is the plan to engage and defeat hold off until we can beat feet? You two put them down, I'll keep them down with the flamethrower."
Finally, he bothers to respond. He has got to stop trying to be a lone wolf here. You are our best chance of getting home and I will be damned if I let you die.

The Beauty moves forward slightly to fill the defensive gap

Initiative 1d20+3 = 6
APM 9

1 burn downed corpse with short burst of flamethrower 1d20+4 = 13 3d6 = 11 - if no downed corpses, blast with the railgun 1d20+5 = 20 1d6*10 = 60
2 burn downed corpse with short burst of flamethrower 1d20+4 = 13 3d6 = 12 - if no downed corpses, blast with the railgun 1d20+5 = 13 1d6*10 = 40
3 burn downed corpse with short burst of flamethrower 1d20+4 = 22 3d6 = 15 - if no downed corpses, blast with the railgun 1d20+5 = 21 1d6*10 = 40
4 burn downed corpse with short burst of flamethrower 1d20+4 = 5 3d6 = 11 - if no downed corpses, blast with the railgun 1d20+5 = 19 1d6*10 = 20
5 burn downed corpse with short burst of flamethrower 1d20+4 = 23 3d6 = 7 - if no downed corpses, blast with the railgun 1d20+5 = 9 1d6*10 = 50
6 burn downed corpse with short burst of flamethrower 1d20+4 = 10 3d6 = 10 - if no downed corpses, blast with the railgun 1d20+5 = 16 1d6*10 = 40
7 burn downed corpse with short burst of flamethrower 1d20+4 = 13 3d6 = 12 - if no downed corpses, blast with the railgun 1d20+5 = 25 1d6*10 = 30
8burn downed corpse with short burst of flamethrower 1d20+4 = 15 3d6 = 11 - if no downed corpses, blast with the railgun 1d20+5 = 7 1d6*10 = 30
9burn downed corpse with short burst of flamethrower 1d20+4 = 8 3d6 = 13 - if no downed corpses, blast with the railgun 1d20+5 = 19 1d6*10 = 60

contingency
If at any point, the zombies are pushing through in force in an area, hit the area with Burst to Area: 2d6 = 9 M.D. to 10' AoE

Parry
1d20+12 = 15
1d20+12 = 24
1d20+12 = 30
1d20+12 = 25
1d20+12 = 27
1d20+12 = 22
1d20+12 = 27
1d20+12 = 31
1d20+12 = 14
1d20+12 = 27
1d20+12 = 19

Dodge
1d120+11 = 84
1d120+11 = 14
1d120+11 = 17
1d120+11 = 121
1d120+11 = 100
1d120+11 = 42
1d120+11 = 111
1d120+11 = 45
1d120+11 = 63
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Daisuke » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:26 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 3 | 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 | 1d100 = 37%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Adhesion
  • Instant Wardrobe [35lbs] (2/3)
  • Instant Weapon [80lbs] (1/2)
    • Lynx Laser Rifle
    • <empty>
Stats
    HP/MDC: 51/51
    SDC: 191/191
    PPE: 13/13
Crusader EBA
Image
[size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 30 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 95
Weight: 24 lbs.
Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
Features:
  • All features standard to environmental armor
Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 24% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +6 (+1)
Magic (varies): +6 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +9 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +14 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +6 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor: +9
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +8 (+6)[/size]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.4 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.



Daisuke's eyes go wide as he spots the self-destruct countdown. Not wishing to waste any of the remaining precious time with fickle musings, he keys his comms to brainstorm aloud. "30 seconds to robot self-destruct. If I can't disable, will dump in river downstream."

((Intelligence. 1d100 = 47 | 65%)) <== To quickly assess where a keycode might be stashed away.

Keycode... keycode... keycode... Daisuke mentally chants as he spends a moment rifling through the pilot space hoping that the man who just swan-dived off the bridge was lazy enough to have written down the authorization keycode somewhere. Should he have the extraordinary luck of coming across it, Daisuke will punch it in and disable the self-destruct.

Otherwise, the Arismal will consider himself out of time to further pursue disabling the self-destruct. Instead, Daisuke will move forward with his intention to dump the bulldog downstream in the Mississippi. He hopes that such a massive amount of water will blunt the effects of a potential reactor breach. Perhaps after the self-destruct explosion, the water flooding in will quench the reactor enough that it doesn't reach critical mass?

((Pilot: Robot. 1d100 = 53 | 56%))

Gotta get it over water and punch out. Daisuke quickly concludes. He opens a portal to empty air 300' above the middle of the river downstream from his current location on the bridge. He urges the robot to jump (with both legs) through. Having some sense of what it is like to step onto nothing from missing a step at the bottom of a set of stairs and nearly falling into a tumble, Daisuke doesn't want to risk the possibility of the robot turning end-over-end when stepping through the portal into open space. By two-legged jumping through the portal, the robot should remain oriented upright, falling toward the water like a vertical pencil.

Once through the portal and in the brief moment of weightlessness before gravity takes hold, Daisuke yanks on the ejector seat activator, hopefully automatically popping the canopy then boosting him and the pilot's seat skyward. If for some reason the ejector seat mechanism fails, the Arismal will take matters into his own hands. He will open and jump through a portal in front of him that will send him outside the robot (but still middair). Then create a second portal beneath him (such that gravity will pull him through the threshold) with the exit portal at the ground of the bridge such that any falling momentum will be translated into a horizontal tumble.

Assuming the ejector seat functions nominally and Daisuke is launched further into the air, the Hoshi will wait until the parachute(s) deploy and he is beginning his descent to open a portal to bring him (and the ejector seat/parachute) back to the bridge he was on. In order to accomplish this, Daisuke will try to open the entrance portal horizontally beneath him and the exit portal vertically at ground level on the bridge. Momentum should carry the ejector seat to a scratching halt on the bridge concrete.

Should he find himself successfully returned to the bridge, Daisuke will try to extricate himself from the ejector seat and assess where else he might be helpful (likely the missile platform).

If perchance the self-destruct is averted, Daisuke will get a sense of what weapon systems are available on the robot before using it like an American football linebacker to tackle the missile platform. Daisuke's goal is to affect the targeting such that the missiles don't hit their intended locations.

"Actions"
Action 1: Hop back in pilot's seat. Look for authorization keycode in pilot's space
Action 2: If keycode found, punch it in to disable self-destruct. Else Portal 300' into air above the river, downstream from the bridge. And jump the robot through.
Action 3:
  • If keycode found (self-destruct averted): check robot weapon system options.
  • Else (dumping 'bot): Activate ejector seat
Action 4:
  • If (self-destruct averted): Run bulldog over to missile platform.
  • Else (dumping 'bot): Portal beneath him (entrance) to solid ground on the bridge (exit)
Action 5:
  • If (self-destruct averted): Try to lift missile platform. If unable, at least try to adjust angle/trajectory to cause launched missiles to miss.
  • Else (dumping 'bot): Get up, find footing.

Auto-Parries (+4 not included): 5d20:
14, 8, 11, 2, 13
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:48 am

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1F4_NHP-ulaaz50ouylNJbxJfstd6-bzV&usp=sharing

Ronith holsters his pistol. Moves towards the undead horde, swinging Frostfang. Hurtling towards the front line, he does not see the creature Grant describes.

Grant uses turn dead. To his dismay, it does not affect the creatures before him. Their evil is something more than just the puppets of a necromancer. He does see each time they are pulled together, they are in worse condition. Like a bowling pin, even though made to be knocked down, will eventually break. He sends lightning, one after another into the undead mass. Odd to Grant's eyes are his lightning strikes. Having seen them a multitude of times since he first learned the magic, these almost seem wild. They're huge and feel marginally contained. And though he isn't sure, there are flashes in the fog that look similar to smaller electrical arcs, as if appearing spontaneously. However, try as he might, he cannot see the woman through the fog.

Last Dance keeps moving around the perimeter of the civilians and APCs almost like cowboys driving a heard. Gallows Twelve has moved ahead and is securing the other side. They report over the radios, "Woods and roads on the other side with more city beyond. We can see some people and emergency personnel. We've not approached them yet. The sounds of sirens and screams are close. Within half a mile." Ravenhill's voice informs everyone over their radios.

Jack follows all the civilians to the other side. Half way across he sees a sign on the other bridge that says, "Welcome to Illinois" while above them is a sign facing the opposite direction that reads "Welcome to Missouri, the Show-Me State". One of the civilians looks back at the sign they just ran under as Jack does and comments "Don't show me nuttin' else. I've done seen too much already. Damn this place to hell." Nearby, Jack can see Ryver in a panicked state, looking to neither side but looking down at the concrete as she runs. Jack can hear the sounds of raging water beneath them, which is odd because he didn't recall it when they started.

Barracuda fires a parting shot at the undead and makes a run for the bulldog in hopes of shutting it down with an EMP blast. He knows that his blast won't penetrate the robot. Daisuke can't find a code anywhere. Just as he readies to ditch the bulldog, Barracuda climbs up the robot. Daisuke, opening the hatch gives the prince access behind the shielding. Barracuda's wave rolls through the interior as sparks erupt from a few panels and the interior goes dark. A voice slurs out of the speakers, "Ssseeellllff distructt innn threeeeeeeeeeee twwwwwooooooooooooooo....." and then goes silent with the rest of the interior.

Keiko continues to hack away. A towering monstrosity climbs over the tops of the other undead like a fowl millipede, sporting many pairs of arms, no legs and a single bloated head. It tries several times to grab her but her quick dodges and feints keep her harms way, though a rotting hand does rake across her torso in a momentary opening. A series of strike from her end up bringing it down.

Ashlynn storms across the bridge, leading the civilians and the militia but advancing more quickly to clear the way, using her speed. The bridge shakes with their combined sprint. Spanky and the rest of Gallows Twelve have disappeared in the darkness and fog ahead of them. Ashlynn keeps her eyes open as a tangled of the large roads become interspersed with woods. The sounds of sirens are closer but the fog obscures anything very far. Ashlynn looks back as the civilians move along and notices that their eyes have a soft glow to them, likely only noticeable in this darkness. Some of the civilians have noticed as well and though they keep running, she can hear a building panic in some.

Towering above Grant, Ronith and Keiko is Weiss in Blue Beauty. He unleashes hell on the creatures trapped in the COA. The bodies explode and black clouds of burning flesh release them from their service. The surface of the UAR-1 gleams in the light of the fire of death. The roar of the flamethrower and thunder of the hypersonic railgun would give them impression of a dragon to those who couldn't see the metal giant.

The crew facing off against the undead see that suddenly the push has stopped. There is too much distance to tell absolutely through the fog and darkness but the undead near them have mostly stopped moving. To find out more, someone or something will need to venture to the other side of the ice wall and carpet. Grant, looking down at one of the undead bodies can see the thread they were stiched together with glimmer in the fires of the burning bodies. Looking closer, it appears to be hair. Remembering what he had seen through his observation ball, the maiden had long hair similar to this.

Butcher's Bill
Keiko -30 MD
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:12 am

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 72 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 14

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Ashlynn sees the civilians' glowing eyes, and briefly wonders if Grant's eyes glow in the dark like that too. They must've absorbed hella magical energy from all this.

She takes a closer look at some of them, focusing on her ability to determine if a person is being honest or lying.

Eyeball a Fella 77% 1d100 = 68 (are they really civilians or masquerading as them - SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 72% 1d100 = 86 (FAIL)
Eyeball a Fella 77% 1d100 = 40 (are they really civilians or masquerading as them - SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 72% 1d100 = 53 (SUCCESS)
Eyeball a Fella 77% 1d100 = 22 (are they really civilians or masquerading as them - SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 72% 1d100 = 52 (SUCCESS)

If she can determine they're normal folks who have just absorbed a lot of energy, she'll try to allay their fears.

"Don't worry about your eyes! It's a side effect from being in all that magic!!!" Realizing that the glow might make them seem like a threat to the emergency personnel that Gallows 12 had reported ahead, she races ahead of them, to try to be with gallows 12 when they approach.

Man I hope they have floodlights... they probably won't see that little glow if their shining lights at the people.

She snuffs her energy shield before she reaches the emergency personnel, and puts her hands up. What'd Hagbard used to tell me to say? Some old-timey thing... oh yeah!

"Don't fire! Friendlies! Let's get some spotlights over here!" She giggles inwardly. 'Friendlies' - that sounds so silly. Like are we gonna go get coffee after?

Charm: 50% 1d100 = 68 (FAIL)
Invoke Trust: 40% 1d100 = 69 (FAIL)

If some of them seem like imposters, Ashlynn will address that by radioing the team. "Uh, guys? Some of these civvies ain't what they appear! Might need a hand on the far side of the bridge."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:25 am

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 69
PER: 1d100 = 19 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 8/2 = 4
Conditions
  • Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
  • Headaches: Half APM until further notice.
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 26.0 min | 90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity and fire. Armor is invisible
  • Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 26.0 min | Appears +3 lvls, +3 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.
  • Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 480' r | 39.5 min.
  • Telepathy: Superior- Rifter 25, P. 83; 700-foot range, 23.0m remaining.
  • Shadow Meld | RUE P. 206 | 30.0m | Attackers -5 to strike.
Tumbling: 2d100:
86, 46
vs. 106%
Sense of balance: 2d100:
50, 96
vs. 131%
Back flip: 2d100:
8, 19
vs.131%
As before, to bypass the zombies, barriers, carpets of adhesion, etc. between the portal’s exit and the Stitcher Maiden, and/or to try and leap to a better vantage point from which he can locate the Stitcher.
Prowl: 1d100 = 47 vs. 111%
To move undetected while shadow melded. Includes -10% EBA penalty, +15% shadow meld bonus, does not include +20% bonus to hide in shadows.
Note on disarmed
Virtus, according to Ronith’s map token he has been disarmed- if this is the case, he will sacrifice actions to reclaim his weapons as quickly as possible (via telekinesis if need be).
Ronith looks around for the Stitcher Maiden Grant described, eyes sharp but seeing little through the gloom. She seeks to use the shadows to her benefit. Two can play at that game. As good a time as any to see how the new recruit handles herself. Ronith channels some of his reserves into his shadow cloak, melding with the darkness even as he gives orders to the others. ”I am going after her- prepare to withdraw to the bridge. Weiss, we may need to try and blow it. Be ready.” With that, Ronith will vanish into the darkness, moving as silently as possible, and where he can jumping to points of higher elevation from which he can get a better vantage of the area where the Stitcher Maiden was last spotted. If he sees her, Ronith will rush to attack.

Action 1: Shadow meld ((-10 PPE))
Actions 2-4: Movement/jumping. If the opportunity for a sword strike with Frostfang arises, Ronith will take it.
Action 2: 1d20+20 = 28, 1d6*11 = 66
Action 3: 1d20+20 = 34, 1d6*11 = 44
Action 4: 1d20+20 = 33, 1d6*11 = 44

Auto-parries with Skyrender: 1d20+25 = 31, 1d20+25 = 42, 1d20+25 = 45, 1d20+25 = 30
Auto-dodges: 1d20+14 = 23, 1d20+14 = 31, 1d20+14 = 19, 1d20+14 = 24
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 64/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:28 am

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 8


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 1856/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 20.00 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 13.25 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 33.25 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 67.25 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 114.25 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 6.25 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 6.25 min | 270' radius
  • Ice x 2 |BOM 112 | 2000' | 99.50 min | 10'x10'x100' Ice Block with 500 M.D.C. per 10' section
  • Carpet of Adhesion x3 | BOM 99 | 120' | 10' X 20' area | 49.50 min | See EU house rule
  • Lightning Arc | BOM 122 | 6000' | Dodge | 4.50 min | 6d6 + 10 M.D. x 2 for ley line nexus influence, +4 strike within 100', +1 strike otherwise)
  • Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 4.50 min | impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Mystic Portal | | BOM 135 | 10' X 20' doorway | Range 1000' | 19.50 min
  • Fighting Spirit | MA | 3.50 min | +2 APM, + 1 on initiative, + 1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • Superhuman Agility | MA | 3.50 min | + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge +5. Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill.
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | Surface Thoughts: 90', 2 Way 750' | 20 min


(As a reminder, Grant will continue to cast Ley Line Storm Defense as needed while moving through the storm ridden ley line area to keep magic stable for the group. He's also renewing his protective magic as needed.)


Disappointment at the spells failure bubbles up disrupting Grant's calm. This necromancer isn't just animating the dead, these things have some sort of unlife. But what? Grant looks down at the nearest creature lay on the ground smoldering from the Blue Beauty's flamethrower. He winces as the thunder of the rail gun erupts overead, He looks at the body parts. She's somehow joining them together, but with what? He kneels closer and sees that they are literally stitched together. It looks familiar. The creatures hair, she's using her own hair! He clicks his radio, "John, use the flame thrower strategically, it is your best weapon to put these things down permanently. Once this group is down, you and Keiko retreat through the portal, I will back up Sir Ronith."

The mage turns invisible, trusting that with this innate ability and his previously cast spells that protect him from both mystical and technological means of detection that he will not be spotted. He flies upwards above the Blue Beauty. From his new vantage, he casts Infrared Vision (PPE 5 | MA 9 | 100 min | 2000' range. See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.), he looks for Sir Ronith's heat signature in the darkness and follows behind him. He reaches out telepathically to the knight, Sir Ronith, I am following you from above. The creature appears to have been routed. To regroup or flee I do not know. But we should take advantage of this. I can sense many, many evil things in this city. We can not defeat all of them this night, but we do have many we have saved that are not out of danger yet. With his pistol out, Grant protects Sir Ronith's flank, shooting enemies if they are moving to attack Sir Ronith or himself.



APM: 12 (13 casting magic)
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 20
+4 Strike with Lightning Arc at 100', +1 otherwise

  1. Look at the corpses, think.
  2. Look at the corpses, think.
  3. Radio Weiss, pull MP-6 Fire Bolt Pistol
  4. Radio Weiss, Turn Invisible
  5. Radio Weiss, Fly Up (91')
  6. Cast Infrared Vision
  7. Fly Forward (91'), Look for Sir Ronith, Perception 78% vs 1d100 = 26
  8. Follow Sir Ronith (91'), Speak Telepathically. Fire MP-6 at any creature attacking from Sir Ronith's flank. Strike: 1d20+6 = 23 Damage: 1d6*2 = 12 M.D. TK, 2d6*2 = 16 M.D. Fire.
  9. Follow Sir Ronith (91'), Speak Telepathically. Fire MP-6 at any creature attacking from Sir Ronith's flank. Strike: 1d20+6 = 7 Damage: 1d6*2 = 10 M.D. TK, 2d6*2 = 16 M.D. Fire.
  10. Follow Sir Ronith (91'), Speak Telepathically. Fire MP-6 at any creature attacking from Sir Ronith's flank. Strike: 1d20+6 = 22 Damage: 1d6*2 = 6 M.D. TK, 2d6*2 = 12 M.D. Fire.
  11. Follow Sir Ronith (91'). Fire MP-6 at any creature attacking from Sir Ronith's flank. Strike: 1d20+6 = 18 Damage: 1d6*2 = 4 M.D. TK, 2d6*2 = 22 M.D. Fire.
  12. Follow Sir Ronith (91'). Fire MP-6 at any creature attacking from Sir Ronith's flank. Strike: 1d20+6 = 11 Damage: 1d6*2 = 12 M.D. TK, 2d6*2 = 18 M.D. Fire.
  13. Draw upon the ley line (20 PPE)


Contingency Auto Dodge/Auto Parry w/Draining Blade (+5/+12) 1d20:
4
.10d20:
9, 3, 17, 3, 20, 3, 4, 18, 17, 15


If his Invincible Armor goes down, he will spend an action casting Armor Bizarre(15 PPE | BOM 104 | 20 min | HF 14 | 150 M.D.C. -1 Init to viewers, must save vs HF each round.). He can also fly out of range if it looks like he will be overwhelmed.
He will also cast Armor Bizarre on Sir Ronith if it looks like his protections are failing (Range: 120')
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 15 vs 45%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 and 1d100 = 43

Virtus wrote:Jack follows all the civilians to the other side. Half way across he sees a sign on the other bridge that says, "Welcome to Illinois" while above them is a sign facing the opposite direction that reads "Welcome to Missouri, the Show-Me State". One of the civilians looks back at the sign they just ran under as Jack does and comments "Don't show me nuttin' else. I've done seen too much already. Damn this place to hell." Nearby, Jack can see Ryver in a panicked state, looking to neither side but looking down at the concrete as she runs. Jack can hear the sounds of raging water beneath them, which is odd because he didn't recall it when they started.


Jack looks up at the sign, his heart strings pulled slightly, This isn't home either. It could have been. Then as the Civilian runs by and comments he replies, "You haven't seen anything yet." Jack sighs, the worst is yet to come. He knew it. If this was the direct past of the future he now considered home, Hell has just begun for them. When Jack sees Ryver he approaches her. He wraps his arm around her back to help support her.

"Don't look down, don't look back. Eyes up, eyes forward. From now on. Understand?" Jack will help guide her to the other side of the bridge. Once on the other side of the bridge he will key up the team radio, "Is that all the civilians? Anyone else still coming?" Jack will take a defensive stance at the far end of the bridge watching those who come across. He readies his Tesla bow and waits not concerned about the damage it may do to the bridge. The others can get across, now that we have the bulk of the civilians across. If the bridge needs to go to protect them, so be it. Keying up the radio again,"I'm in a defensive position on the other end, let me know when you guys are coming over. I would like to avoid friendly fire"

Actions
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 2
Action 1-2: Help Ryver across the bridge

Actions 3-6: Watch people coming across the bridge, Fire Tesla Bolt at anything that would pose a threat to the civilians on Jack's side of the bridge. he will withhold firing if nothing seems to be attacking.
Strike with Tesla Bow (+12 to strike, 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect)
Strike: 1d20+12 = 27, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 28, 1d20+12 = 17
Damage: 4d6 = 19, 4d6 = 14, 4d6 = 8, 4d6 = 10,

Contingency: Jack with forgo up to two Striking actions to Dodge if needed
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 12,
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Daisuke » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 97 | 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 | 1d100 = 59%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Adhesion
  • Instant Wardrobe [35lbs] (2/3)
  • Instant Weapon [80lbs] (1/2)
    • Lynx Laser Rifle
    • <empty>
Stats
    HP/MDC: 51/51
    SDC: 191/191
    PPE: 13/13
Crusader EBA
Image
[size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 30 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 95
Weight: 24 lbs.
Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
Features:
  • All features standard to environmental armor
Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 24% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +6 (+1)
Magic (varies): +6 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +9 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +14 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +6 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor: +9
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +8 (+6)[/size]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.4 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.


"Impeccable timing." Daisuke remarks to Barracuda as the countdown slows and stretches into nonexistence. Then, with a smirk behind his faceplate, quips, "Heroes for Hire, solving one death-defying challenge at a time."

"What's next on the agenda?" the Arismal asks even as he climbs out of the Bulldog's hatch and looks out to survey the chaos. "Support the civilian evacuation," Daisuke asks Barracuda while looking out toward the mass escorted by Jack and Ashlynn crossing the bridge. "Help bat clean-up with what undead Sir Ronith and Grant have left in their wake," the Hoshi peers back toward the city and the flashes of energy and lightning. "Or something else altogether?"

"Want a portal either direction to speed your travel, Prince Corwin?" he asks the senior H4H member. "If anyone is looking for me, I'm going to hop into that mobile missile platform to see if it has any punching power leftover in case we need a distraction or some mayhem to cover our retreat."

Should Barracuda make a portal request, Daisuke will comply, prioritizing the Lemurian Prince's needs over his own. After Barracuda is away/off, Daisuke will portal himself over to the mobile missile platform, get inside and try to assess the following:
  • Is it functional (have the keys been left in... able to shoot, able to move)?
  • How many missiles remain?

((Pilot: Tanks & APCs. 1d100 = 64 | 61% <== Is the missile platform still functional?
Weapon Systems. 1d100 = 1 | 61% <== How many missiles (and of what type) remain?))

While assessing the viewscreens and operational panels of the missile platform, Daisuke's mind can't help but also churn on their tactical situation.

Our current deployment is a bit risky. We are spread quite thin right now. Too many problems that need solving at the same time. Hopefully they will be resolved quickly and we can reconvene on the far side of the bridge. It would be very unfortunate timing for an additional catastrophic event to hit us while we are unable to support each other.

"Actions"
Action 1: Talk to Barracuda, exit Bulldog
Action 2: Portal for Barracuda (whichever direction he wants to go)
Action 3: Portal for Daisuke to mobile missile platform, step through.
Actions 4-5: Examine state of missile platform

Auto-Parries (+4 not included): 5d20:
20, 7, 5, 10, 3
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 30

"Woo!" Barracuda exclaims toward Daisuke as the countdown comes to an end.
Daisuke wrote:"Heroes for Hire, solving one death-defying challenge at a time."

"That's an excellent slogan, we just have to make it home to use it!"
Daisuke wrote:"Want a portal either direction to speed your travel, Prince Corwin? If anyone is looking for me, I'm going to hop into that mobile missile platform to see if it has any punching power leftover in case we need a distraction or some mayhem to cover our retreat."

"Got it! Drop me off with MegaKillRo...drop me off at the bridge!"

Barracuda will travel through Daisuke's portal and head toward Jack and Ashlynn. "What's the situation here?"


Combat contingency
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12
APM: 7

Action 1: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 17 Damage: 6d6+16 = 45 MD
Action 2: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 16 Damage: 6d6+16 = 35 MD
Action 3: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 22 Damage: 6d6+16 = 37 MD
Action 4: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 25 Damage: 6d6+16 = 39 MD
Action 5: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 12 Damage: 6d6+16 = 36 MD
Action 6: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 15 Damage: 6d6+16 = 35 MD
Action 7: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9 = 14 Damage: 6d6+16 = 44 MD

Parry: 1d20+11 = 121d20+11 = 161d20+11 = 211d20+11 = 251d20+11 = 211d20+11 = 221d20+11 = 28
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 1;1d100 = 2


Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: Duration 4 Minutes: +2 APM, + 1 on initiative, + 1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw. (p. 16 Merc Adventures)
  • Superhuman AgilityDuration 4 Minutes: + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge +5. Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill. (p. 14 Merc Adventures)
  • See The Invisible: Duration 8 minutes.
  • Suppress Fear:(Immune to HF) Duration 8 minutes.
  • Telepathy: Duration 8 minutes
  • AOI= 20/50MDC
; Duration 8 minutes


Keiko grins at the carnage around her and brushes sweat pasted locks from her face. Well that was a good workout. Such a waste though. I wondered why they stopped? I wonder why they attacked in the first place? Just trying to sow fear? Or was there something else they were trying to do? Keiko rubs her ears to clear the slight ringing from the railgun fire.

Grant Latham wrote:Disappointment at the spells failure bubbles up disrupting Grant's calm. This necromancer isn't just animating the dead, these things have some sort of unlife. But what? Grant looks down at the nearest creature lay on the ground smoldering from the Blue Beauty's flamethrower. He winces as the thunder of the rail gun erupts overead, He looks at the body parts. She's somehow joining them together, but with what? He kneels closer and sees that they are literally stitched together. It looks familiar. The creatures hair, she's using her own hair! He clicks his radio, "John, use the flame thrower strategically, it is your best weapon to put these things down permanently. Once this group is down, you and Keiko retreat through the portal, I will back up Sir Ronith."



Keiko dislodges her axe from her foe and begins slowly making her way back to big death machine Weiss is piloting. "You got it. Moving now, as long as you're sure you good with just the two of you going. Just let me know if you need help. Do keep all the fun to yourself now." Keiko winks at Grant before moving through the slain enemies back to Weiss. "Knock, Knock. Table for one please." If Weiss opens up, Keiko will climb in. If Weiss does not have room then she will hold on the outside and cast invisibility on herself to avoid causing issues when she eventually gets to the other side of the bridge.

APM: 8

Init: 1d20+10 = 16

Actions: All: Moving back to Weiss and trying to get into the robot.

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10 = 14; 1d20+10 = 28; 1d20+10 = 29; 1d20+10 = 28; 1d20+10 = 28; 1d20+10 = 18; 1d20+10 = 24; 1d20+10 = 17

Auto-Parry: 1d20+11 = 24; 1d20+11 = 16; 1d20+11 = 17; 1d20+11 = 22; 1d20+11 = 28; 1d20+11 = 12; 1d20+11 = 29; 1d20+11 = 14

Contingencies:
-If AOI goes down Keiko will immediately sacrifice an action to reactivated AOI.
-If Keiko is overwhelmed she will slowly fall back while trying to keep the zombies from pushing around her.
-If attacked Keiko will engage in close range combat with the hostile force as long as it seems feasible
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:50 pm

Perception 56% 1d100 = 76
JIC 1d100 = 83 1d20 = 16

Ronith wrote:”I am going after her- prepare to withdraw to the bridge. Weiss, we may need to try and blow it. Be ready.”


"Understood!" Weiss replies, immediately starting walking the Beauty backwards slowly. He keeps the sensors ready and weapons hot. We are not out of this yet

Grant Latham wrote:He clicks his radio, "John, use the flame thrower strategically, it is your best weapon to put these things down permanently. Once this group is down, you and Keiko retreat through the portal, I will back up Sir Ronith."


Upon hearing this, Weiss almost gestures with the Beauty to point at the smouldering pile of body parts. Inside the Beauty, Weiss makes a gesture as to throttle Grant.

What does he think I have been doing? Does he think that happened by frakking accident?

Jack McDermott wrote:"Is that all the civilians? Anyone else still coming?" Jack will take a defensive stance at the far end of the bridge watching those who come across. He readies his Tesla bow and waits not concerned about the damage it may do to the bridge. The others can get across, now that we have the bulk of the civilians across. If the bridge needs to go to protect them, so be it. Keying up the radio again,"I'm in a defensive position on the other end, let me know when you guys are coming over. I would like to avoid friendly fire"


"This is Anvil, on our way up to you, so don't shoot. We need to prepare the bridge for demolition. is everyone alright up there? Knowing Ash, he was a little worried she'd managed to get herself in trouble again.

Keiko wrote:"You got it. Moving now, as long as you're sure you good with just the two of you going. Just let me know if you need help. Do keep all the fun to yourself now." Keiko winks at Grant before moving through the slain enemies back to Weiss. "Knock, Knock. Table for one please."


Weiss hits a couple of switches and the hatch opens up with a slight hiss. Weiss waves Kelko in.

"Strap yourself in," he points to the Gunner's chair, "don't suppose there is any chance you know how to operate vehicular weapons?" Be nice to have a gunner that hangs around for more than five seconds.

As Kelko presumably sits down, Weiss closes the hatch and leans over to the rear of the pilot's compartment.

"You alright Jaz?" he asks, speaking into the bowl. He turns back to the controls and begins taking the Beauty to the bridge.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1F4_NHP-ulaaz50ouylNJbxJfstd6-bzV&usp=sharing

Ashlynn takes a good look at the people. Their panic is real. Some are worrying about being irradiated while there are some who think it's cool. Most however, are focused on only one thing; survival. Ashlynn takes initiative and moves to join Gallows Twelve in the woods. Before she makes it to their location she notices several abandoned cars and dozens of dead bodies, frozen in the snow. She looks for just a moment, but their snow covered forms leave little hope in her mind. Focusing on the present, she pushes on with great speed. Finally reaches their location. Thinking they are ready to go, Ashlynn makes to move forward but Ravenhill stops her. "Hold up. I don't want to start anything on a second front until we are collected a bit more." Ashlynn notices up ahead the fog seems to thin. The snow and darkness however are as heavy as ever.


Leaping to the top of the trestle, he survey's the scene. Seeing the maiden in the distance he slips into darkness. Once airborne, Grant sees that the retreating undead are gathering up unused body parts and taking them as they retreat. Ronith leaves little time for assessment before moving forward to pursue her.

Jack comforts Ryver. She laughs nervously, but there is obviously no humor in her voice. She refuses to move for several moments and then suddenly breaks into a sprint, shoving past many people towards the far end of the bridge. As she runs, Jack notices two towering shadows in the fog near the bridge. Alarmed, he peers closer as he runs along with the civilians and can make out 2 pillars of water and ice, almost like guardians on either side, watching over her. Ryver looks neither left nor right but does as Jack recommended and looks straight ahead and does not notice her escort. As she reaches the far side, the pillars collapse back into the flood waters with a splash. Making the other side, the civilians are breathing hard and taking a short rest. The militia has moved ahead. Just then there is a commotion in the group of civilians. Going over to see what's going on, Jack spots a man in his 60s that has fallen over. He is unresponsive.

The militia moves into positions 500 yards behind where Gallows 12 and Ashlynn are. A fire rages in a nearby building unchecked. They can see two police SUVs driving together down a nearby road, shining spotlights into the buildings. Further down there are fire engines and other emergency personnel in front of an apartment building which is also burning. The sounds of conventional firearms are heard regularly.

Daisuke first shunts Barracuda to the far end of the bridge. Jack sees the prince appear and then run towards Ashylnn and Gallows 12. He happens through, overtaking Ryver in the process and notices the watery sentinels before they rejoin the river. It's clear to him she is using her abilities subconsciously but they could be a great help if she could learn to master them as well as her fear.

After he gets Barracuda to the far end, he turns his attention to the missile carrier. He successfully starts the vehicle and moves for the far end of the bridge.

Keiko finds the handholds on the giant robot and scales her way up. Weiss waves her inside. As she gets seated, he leans back to the bowl. The water shakes from the movement inside, but he can make out her face as she comes back to the bowl. She runs her fingers through her hair, dragging back fly aways. "We are trying to locate pre-rifts maps of the area right now. We should have them in the next couple hours. What's going on there?" she asks, clearly in high stress mode. Once Keiko is seated, he high-tails it for the far end of the bridge where they catch up to Daisuke in the missile carrier.

Ronith surveys the terrain and see the undead creations fleeing, many stopping to collect body parts. At the furthest point he can see the tall creature walking ahead of the rest. It looks somewhat like a human woman, standing roughly 9 feet tall with long grey hair and wearing a blood stained grey dress. It grins, showing long needlelike teeth. Hidden in the shadows, with Grant overhead the cyber-knight finds easy travel before leaping out to strike the abomination. It's hair comes alive as if to stop his attack, but it's not fast enough as his blade finds purchase in its flesh. It screams, sounding no different than a human woman. The sound would give anyone pause in their attack. It falls back, as if in fear but not before 4 of the undead creatures rush him. The swing fists and legs at him, while several pairs of hands try to grab him. He parries almost every attempt, but in the melee, one finds a lucky opening. Ronith's strikes on the other hand, instantly dismantle his opponents. As more come to fill the space of the fallen near Ronith, Grant plugs away, taking two down. However, he has already seen these almost fall apart at the slightest hit, only to reassemble moments later.

Butcher's Bill:
Ronith: 22MD
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:43 am

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 54
PER: 1d100 = 94 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 8/2 = 4
Conditions
  • Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
  • Headaches: Half APM until further notice.
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 25.75min | 68/90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity and fire. Armor is invisible
  • Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 25.75min | Appears +3 lvls, +3 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.
  • Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 480' r | 39.25 min.
  • Telepathy: Superior- Rifter 25, P. 83; 700-foot range, 22.75m remaining.
  • Shadow Meld | RUE P. 206 | 29.75m | Attackers -5 to strike.
Tumbling: 1d100 = 11 vs. 106%
Sense of balance: 1d100:
7
vs. 131%
Back flip: 1d100:
15
vs.131%
Acrobatic maneuvers to avoid the horde and close to attack the stitcher, if applicable.
Prowl: 1d100 = 45 vs. 111%
To move undetected while shadow melded. Includes -10% EBA penalty, +15% shadow meld bonus, does not include +20% bonus to hide in shadows.

As sitreps from his lieutenants come in, Ronith has to make a split-second decision. The cyber-knight’s every instinct call out to smite the undead predator before him, but he has a responsibility to save those he can. With Grant backing him up, Ronith feels that it is worth trying to engage the stitcher maiden a little bit longer, while the rest of the team supervises the retreat. If I can destroy this thing and she is the source of these undead, the press against us should lessen. If not, we may have to try and blow the bridge. On the team radio frequency, he responds ”Grant, we try a little bit longer. Everyone else, pull back and prepare to blow the bridge. Grant and I will disengage and head to you soon.” But not yet. The cyber-knight presses the attack

Action 1: Sword strike with Frostfang. 1d20+20 = 32 to strike, 1d6*11 = 22 MD.
Action 2: Sword strike with Frostfang. 1d20+20 = 40 to strike (NAT20!), 1d6*11 = 11x2=22MD.
Action 3: Sword strike with Frostfang. 1d20+20 = 22 to strike, 1d6*11 = 44 MD.
Action 4: Sword strike with Frostfang. 1d20+20 = 25 to strike, 1d6*11 = 66 MD.

Contingency #1: If Ronith’s armor of ithan is depleted (68 MDC left as of this post), he will sacrifice an action to renew it via Grant’s talisman.
Contingency #2: If the press of zombies becomes too overwhelming for Ronith’s defenses, he will backflip up onto the highway (or similar raised structure out of reach) and order Grant to retreat with him. Alternatively, Ronith will do the same if he determines that killing the Stitcher Maiden before he gets overwhelmed is not a realistic objective.

Auto-parries with Skyrender: 1d20+25 = 40, 1d20+25 = 44, 1d20+25 = 35, 1d20+25 = 38
Auto-dodges: 1d20+14 = 30, 1d20+14 = 33, 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 15
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 64/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:50 am

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 65
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 4


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 1871/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 19.75 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 13.00 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 33.00 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 67.00 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 114.00 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 6.00 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 6.00 min | 270' radius
  • Ice x 2 |BOM 112 | 2000' | 99.25 min | 10'x10'x100' Ice Block with 500 M.D.C. per 10' section
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 100 min | 2000' range. See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Carpet of Adhesion x3 | BOM 99 | 120' | 10' X 20' area | 49.25 min | See EU house rule
  • Lightning Arc | BOM 122 | 6000' | Dodge | 4.25 min | 6d6 + 10 M.D. x 2 for ley line nexus influence, +4 strike within 100', +1 strike otherwise)
  • Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 4.25 min | impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Mystic Portal | | BOM 135 | 10' X 20' doorway | Range 1000' | 19.25 min
  • Fighting Spirit | MA | 3.25 min | +2 APM, + 1 on initiative, + 1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • Superhuman Agility | MA | 3.25 min | + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge +5. Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill.
  • Telepathy | RUE 177 | Surface Thoughts: 90', 2 Way 750' | 19.75 min
  • MP-6 Fire Bolt | 15 PPE for 10 shots | 5 shots remaining


(As a reminder, Grant will continue to cast Ley Line Storm Defense as needed while moving through the storm ridden ley line area to keep magic stable for the group. He's also renewing his protective magic as needed.)

Ronith wrote:On the team radio frequency, he responds ”Grant, we try a little bit longer. Everyone else, pull back and prepare to blow the bridge. Grant and I will disengage and head to you soon.”


Then we end this, Grant replies telepathically, his mental tone neutral to hide his disagreement with the decision, but still following orders.

Grant is so ready to leave, but he wants to make sure that Sir Ronith can still cash the checks his body is writing. Grant's mind is on the future. Will our actions today change the future we return to?

The mage moves towards the Stitcher Maiden and Cyber Knight until he is less than 100' above them. He then holds out his hand without the pistol, and lets loose with bolts of lightning. The bolts of lightning come in groups of three as the floating man fires between Sir Ronith's strikes against the monstrous necromancer. In between, he fire's his pistol using it's fire damage to burn the creatures hair. He'll switch targets if the necromancer goes down and the undead continue to move.

From those observing in the distance, a staccato of searing white light cuts through the night. Then less than a second later, the thunder claps arrive: BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Pause. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Pause. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!


APM: 12 (13 casting magic)
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 24
+4 Strike with Lightning Arc at 100', +1 otherwise

  1. Respond to Sir Ronith and fly into position.
  2. Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+4 = 16, Damage: 12d6+20 = 60 M.D.
  3. Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+4 = 16, Damage: 12d6+20 = 64 M.D.
  4. Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+4 = 17, Damage: 12d6+20 = 60 M.D.
  5. Fire MP-6 at any creature attacking from Sir Ronith's flank. Strike: 1d20+6 = 15, Damage: 1d6*2 = 12 M.D. TK 2d6*2 = 10 M.D. Fire
  6. Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+4 = 15, Damage: 12d6+20 = 55 M.D.
  7. Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+4 = 13, Damage: 12d6+20 = 57 M.D.
  8. Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+4 = 21, Damage: 12d6+20 = 63 M.D.
  9. Fire MP-6 at any creature attacking from Sir Ronith's flank. Strike: 1d20+6 = 26, Damage: 1d6*2 = 6 M.D. TK 2d6*2 = 18 M.D. Fire crit! 12 and 36 M.D. respectively
  10. Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+4 = 18, Damage: 12d6+20 = 54 M.D.
  11. Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+4 = 5, Damage: 12d6+20 = 54 M.D.
  12. Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+4 = 10, Damage: 12d6+20 = 65 M.D.


Contingency Auto Dodge (+5) 12d20:
19, 14, 19, 17, 7, 17, 3, 12, 2, 1, 19, 11


If his Invincible Armor goes down, he will spend an action casting Armor Bizarre(15 PPE | BOM 104 | 20 min | HF 14 | 150 M.D.C. -1 Init to viewers, must save vs HF each round.). He can also fly out of range if it looks like he will be overwhelmed.
He will also cast Armor Bizarre on Sir Ronithif it looks like his protections are failing (Range: 120')
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:54 pm

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 44

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 18

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

As Ashlynn moves with the crowd, she does her best to try to keep them together, calling out to any who veer off into the woods. "Oy! That way's prolly not safe!" She does her best to keep them together. We need to keep them all goin' in one direction - if the zombies and stuff make it over the bridge, they'll have a much better chance all together than being panicky individuals.

Weiss wrote:"This is Anvil, on our way up to you, so don't shoot. We need to prepare the bridge for demolition. is everyone alright up there?"


Ashlynn keys her radio. "Everything's okey-dokey, artichokey! I got a mess of civilians across the bridge and we're heading to Gallows 12. There's some sorta checkpoint ahead though."

Once she reaches the position of Gallows 12, she slows, and sees Ravenhill waving to her.

Ravenhill wrote:"Hold up. I don't want to start anything on a second front until we are collected a bit more."


Ashlynn nods. She raises her arms to get the civilians' attention, and shouts. "Everybody hold up here! Let's make sure the way ahead is clear!"

Turning back to Ravenhill, she whispers. "Lotta scared people here, chief. We don't need to blow another barricade like on the bridge. Let's let Ronith and the rest of my guys get here, and deal with the checkpoint ahead. They can do it with minimum collateral damage," she adds, looking askance at the frightened civilians.

Seeing Barracuda heading her way, she waves him over. "HEY! Corwin! Over here!" Beaming, she hugs him when he appears. "HEY 'CUDA! I.... oh. You're wet." She begins laughing at herself. "I mean of course you're wet, you're a freaking sea prince. You're at home in the water! Anyhow - I wanna corral as many of the refugees here as we can, so they don't go haring off into the woods and get eaten or shot at."

She looks again at the refugees, probably in earshot of her words, and blushes. "I didn't mean EATEN eaten! It was... a... a METAPHOR! I did mean shot, though. There's like, a checkpoint ahead? So best to let us hero-types handle that, and then we can put some miles between you and..." she gestures back toward St. Louis, "...all THAT."

"So you guys rest, have a seat, catch your breath, smoke 'em if you got 'em, whatever "'em" is, and we'll head out soon." Looking back at Barracuda, she asks, "What's "Em?" Hagbard used to always say smoke 'em if you got 'em every time we stopped to rest. Never told me though, what an 'Em is."

Thinking quietly for a minute, she stands, staring at the woods beyond.

"...is it meat? Like... ham? Or fish! I do like smoked fish. ...but no... you wouldn't smoke a fish when you're taking a break."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 63 vs 45%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 and 1d100 = 8

Virtus wrote:Jack comforts Ryver. She laughs nervously, but there is obviously no humor in her voice. She refuses to move for several moments and then suddenly breaks into a sprint, shoving past many people towards the far end of the bridge. As she runs, Jack notices two towering shadows in the fog near the bridge. Alarmed, he peers closer as he runs along with the civilians and can make out 2 pillars of water and ice, almost like guardians on either side, watching over her. Ryver looks neither left nor right but does as Jack recommended and looks straight ahead and does not notice her escort. As she reaches the far side, the pillars collapse back into the flood waters with a splash. Making the other side, the civilians are breathing hard and taking a short rest. The militia has moved ahead. Just then there is a commotion in the group of civilians. Going over to see what's going on, Jack spots a man in his 60s that has fallen over. He is unresponsive.


Jack stares at the pillars in disbelief, I will definitely need to tell grant about this! he thinks to himself right as they splash back down to the river. Right as he is about to radio the info to Grant he notices the commotion and find the man lying unresponsive in the group. Dammit! He looks around at the civilians, out of breath, tired and mentally strained. About to ask if there is a doctor he realizes, These poor bastards are probably worthless after all that.

Jack quickly heads to the man, he checks his pulse first, then listens at his mouth for air. After a quick assessment he starts in on CPR, "Come on old timer! Stay with us! We are almost out of the woods." Well, almost into the woods, he thinks to himself while doing chest compressions. As he works on the man he wonders, Is the one man worth it? So many left. Should I just be herding the group further? Not fully decided whether it was worth the time or not Jack continues, confident that he has learned from Ronith and the team that every life matters.

skills
First Aid - 1d100 = 7 vs 75% - Try to stabilize and or resuscitate the old man.

Actions
Initiative(+1): 1d20+1 = 4
APM: 6
Action 1: Move to old man
Action 2-6: try to resuscitate the old man
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 61

Barracuda runs to Ashlynn's side and is welcomed with a big hug from the little lady.
Ashlynn wrote:Seeing Barracuda heading her way, she waves him over. "HEY! Corwin! Over here!" Beaming, she hugs him when he appears. "HEY 'CUDA! I.... oh. You're wet." She begins laughing at herself. "I mean of course you're wet, you're a freaking sea prince. You're at home in the water! Anyhow - I wanna corral as many of the refugees here as we can, so they don't go haring off into the woods and get eaten or shot at."

"It was crazy down there. It's like every facet of this place is trying to kill us. I don't know what I found under there, but I ended it pretty quickly. Getting folks who don't want to, to stick in one place is tricky business. Where are we moving them once Ronith gets back? We've gotta stay two steps ahead of...whatever this is!"
Ashlynn wrote:"So you guys rest, have a seat, catch your breath, smoke 'em if you got 'em, whatever "'em" is, and we'll head out soon." Looking back at Barracuda, she asks, "What's "Em?" Hagbard used to always say smoke 'em if you got 'em every time we stopped to rest. Never told me though, what an 'Em is."

Thinking quietly for a minute, she stands, staring at the woods beyond.

"...is it meat? Like... ham? Or fish! I do like smoked fish. ...but no... you wouldn't smoke a fish when you're taking a break."

So much purity in such a small package. "'Em is whatever you've got! If you've got 'em, smoke 'em! In my world, it started off as a cigar thing but hell, I think smoked fish sounds great right about now."

Barracuda turns his attention to the refugees present and checks to see if anyone needs immediate attention. I can't do much to help these people beyond keeping them away from harm. I don't know the first thing about medicine. I bet Grant can heal a few wounds with his magic.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Keiko » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 4;1d100 = 6


Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: Duration 4 Minutes: +2 APM, + 1 on initiative, + 1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw. (p. 16 Merc Adventures)
  • Superhuman AgilityDuration 4 Minutes: + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge +5. Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill. (p. 14 Merc Adventures)
  • See The Invisible: Duration 8 minutes.
  • Suppress Fear:(Immune to HF) Duration 8 minutes.
  • Telepathy: Duration 8 minutes
  • AOI= 20/50MDC
; Duration 8 minutes


Keiko give Weiss a sad smile as she straps herself in, "Sorry. Not my area of expertise. Honestly I've never been in one of these big robots. There's a lot more space then I thought there would be in here. Honestly it's better for me to stay out of sight for a little while, you know given how I look. People from this time may not take it as well as some of the others have. Oh this is where you have the magic bowl. What an odd little thing. Do you know why they had us fall back? I think with the four of us we could have taken down the stitcher maiden. Now it sounds like Ronith and Grant are having all the fun..Oh well. You need me to work the radio or anything? I can use those systems." Keiko winks to Weiss.
Interesting tactical decision. Maybe Ronith and Grant did not believe we could have defeated the maiden? They are talking about blowing the bridge. They are thinking of the other civilians. Well I give them credit for that. But I think the best thing would have been to deal with the maiden now rather then possible having to come back later. Oh well. Interesting group I've fallen in with. And that door is still out there too. Not sure what to do about that.

Keiko will remain in the co-pilot seat for the time being. Using the giant robot to hide herself from the other people of this time so they won't be freaked out by her appearance.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86

MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
User avatar
Keiko
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:21 am

Perception 56% 1d100 = 28
JIC 1d100 = 43 1d20 = 2

Virtus wrote:The water shakes from the movement inside, but he can make out her face as she comes back to the bowl. She runs her fingers through her hair, dragging back fly aways. "We are trying to locate pre-rifts maps of the area right now. We should have them in the next couple hours. What's going on there?" she asks, clearly in high stress mode.


"We just had a run in with something necromantic," Weiss smiles at his wife reassuring as he lifts up his helmet to show his mouth, "put them down and now moving somewhere safe." Weiss' heart fluttered when he said that. They were in the middle of the Cataclysm; a period of time that would wipe most of humanity.


Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn keys her radio. "Everything's okey-dokey, artichokey! I got a mess of civilians across the bridge and we're heading to Gallows 12. There's some sorta checkpoint ahead though."


"Okay, hang back, do not engage them!" Weiss was glad to hear Ash's voice.

Keiko wrote:Keiko give Weiss a sad smile as she straps herself in, "Sorry. Not my area of expertise. Honestly I've never been in one of these big robots. There's a lot more space then I thought there would be in here. Honestly it's better for me to stay out of sight for a little while, you know given how I look. People from this time may not take it as well as some of the others have. Oh this is where you have the magic bowl. What an odd little thing. Do you know why they had us fall back? I think with the four of us we could have taken down the stitcher maiden. Now it sounds like Ronith and Grant are having all the fun..Oh well. You need me to work the radio or anything? I can use those systems." Keiko winks to Weiss.


Virtus wrote:Once Keiko is seated, he high-tails it for the far end of the bridge where they catch up to Daisuke in the missile carrier.


"Okay, stay in here. My sensors are picking stuff." he points to the radar, "anything moves past this point, scream for me."

Ronith wrote:”Grant, we try a little bit longer. Everyone else, pull back and prepare to blow the bridge. Grant and I will disengage and head to you soon.”


"Okay, Daisuke, you heard Sir Ronith, what state is that missile launcher in?" he asks, getting out of the Beauty, after parking it on the far side of the bridge. He goes over to check out the Missile Launcher, trying to figure out the best way to destroy the bridge, either by remote control or timed detonation.

Weapon Systems 84% 1d100 = 42
Demolitions 107% 1d100 = 72
Electronic Countermeasures 69% (+5%) 1d100 = 9
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 79% (+5%) 1d100 = 31
Mechanical Engineer 64% (+5%) 1d100 = 52
Electrical Engineer 64% 1d100 = 61
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:08 pm

The stitcher maiden reels back, but the onslaught does not abate. Ronith wrestles through the many corpse dolls and manages a deep thrust into its stomach and a slashing withdraw. As he does, Grant's lightning assaults illuminates the area casting the horror show in flashes of the macabre. The stitcher maiden is still holding its entrails in, even as the corpse dolls begin to collapse. A dark stain spreads on the pavement as it melts like ice into the pool of black ichor.

Jack continues CPR and finally a pulse is detected. An elderly doctor who had been riding in the APC has come out. He feels it is likely a heart attack. "You acted fast. You may have saved this man's life for the meantime. He needs a hospital, but I bet nothing is working in this city. We might have more luck in an outlying community."

Ashlynn's slip of tongue regarding being eaten isn't shattering to the civilians. These people know it and believe it. The militia stays vigilant however, forming a sort of ring around the civilian group. By now, everyone has noticed the faint glow in the eyes of civilians and militia. Some people are anxious about it, but most take it in stride, more concerned about survival. The soldiers from the bridge have been restrained and have been placed inside one of the APCs.

Everyone makes it to the woods where Gallows Twelve, Barracuda, Ashlynn and others are. Looking out, they see the fog seems to be lifting. Amazingly, Ronith's head begins to feel better. Grant realizes his spell to protect against ley line storms is coming to an end and recasts it. In minutes, Ronith's headache returns as does the fog.

Ley line storms are a enigma, but one theory that has been put forth in the circles of magic knowledge is the possibility that the storms help normalize imbalances in PPE. It's never been proven, but the vast amount of energy they are basting in raises the possibility.

((What do you want to do from here?))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:25 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 88
PER: 1d100 = 58 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
  • Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
  • Headaches: Half APM until further notice.
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 25.5min | 68/90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity and fire. Armor is invisible
  • Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 25.5min | Appears +3 lvls, +3 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.
  • Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 480' r | 39.0 min.
  • Telepathy: Superior- Rifter 25, P. 83; 700-foot range, 22.5m remaining.
  • Shadow Meld | RUE P. 206 | 29.5m | Attackers -5 to strike.
Ronith nods in satisfaction as the stitcher maiden falls, but he knows better than to think that this victory will make a dent in the evils ravaging the planet and its human populace. Still, it was what he could do. To Grant, he says ”Let us be going.” Unless another immediate threat attacks one of them, the cyber-knight will sheathe his blades and sprint back towards the bridge, again taking advantage of any high ground he can to speed is progress and otherwise avoid hostiles, chokepoints, and potential obstacles. If Grant offers a ride and Ronith needs one, he will hitch one, and either way proceed to the rendezvous with the rest of the team.

Once he arrives, Ronith’s first order of business is to check in. ”Report. Is everyone alright?” He will then check on the status of the refugees and NEMA troopers they rescued, as well as the other mercenaries, but he will do it briskly. Massaging his temples in between reports, he will add to Grant ”My headaches appear to ebb and flow with your defense against the ley line storm. I think we had best vacate the area as soon as possible.” Assuming Grant agrees, Ronith will consult with the locals they rescued to determine the fastest route from their current location out of the city- and away from the cluster of engorged ley lines at its heart ((from the map, I’m guessing that that will be either I-55 or I-64)). Once that route has been identified, Ronith will order everyone to move out- same battle order as before. ”Any of you Neemans who wish to join us are welcome. We save everyone we can, but we do not stop until we are away from this storm. Move out!” If he’s feeling up to it (depending on his headache), Ronith will either rejoin the scouts on his hovercycle or ride in the APC with Josie and most of the rest of the team.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 64/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:28 am

((addendum)) Weiss climbs down from Blue and joins Daisuke in the missile carrier. Targeting the far end of the bridge he launches two missiles that arc high overhead and come down with a deafening explosion, destroying the far end of the bridge, preventing anything or anyone else from taking this bridge.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39 vs 45%
JIC: 1d20 = 15 and 1d100 = 14

Virtus wrote:Jack continues CPR and finally a pulse is detected. An elderly doctor who had been riding in the APC has come out. He feels it is likely a heart attack. "You acted fast. You may have saved this man's life for the meantime. He needs a hospital, but I bet nothing is working in this city. We might have more luck in an outlying community."


Jack looks up at the man with watery eyes hidden behind his helmet. He chokes back the sorrow in his voice, "We are here to help those who can not help themselves." The emotions of everything taking place in such a short period hit jack hard. He stands up and backs away from the man allowing the doctor to look him over. He turns slowly looking at the crowd of civilians and military personnel realizing they are just as scared as he was. They all need our help!

Ronith wrote:Once he arrives, Ronith’s first order of business is to check in. ”Report. Is everyone alright?”


Jack hears Ronith and addresses him immediately, "Sir, we need to get these people to a medical facility. Something, anything would help. We can't leave them. Even if, they don't. Sir, they may not realize they want our help. They need it though." Jack leaves Sir Ronith to mull over what he has said and returns to the doctor and the sick man.

"Doc, do you know where a close hospital is? Can you give us directions? I'm sure there are many people here who need to get to a facility as well."
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:33 am

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 66
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 65


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 1856/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 400.00 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 40.00 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60.00 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 100.00 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 120.00 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 20 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 40 min | 270' radius


(As a reminder, Grant will continue to cast Ley Line Storm Defense as needed while moving through the storm ridden ley line area to keep magic stable for the group. He's also renewing his protective magic as needed.)

Sense Ley Lines 89% vs 1d100 = 52 | Which way to go to avoid the ley lines
Sense Nexus 99% vs 1d100 = 36 | Which way to go to avoid the ley lines
Land Navigation 110% vs 1d100 = 32 | Which way to go to avoid the ley lines
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 104% vs 1d100 = 91 | Psychics and ley lines
Lore: Gemonacy & Ley Lines 104% vs 1d100 = 39 | Psychics and ley lines
Anthropology 54% vs 1d100 = 73 | How best to speak to the PPE sensitives
Invoke Trust 60% vs 1d100 = 79 | Get the PPE sensitives to believe in what he is saying.
Lore: Magic (General) vs 1d100 = 2 | Discuss the principles of magic

Grant waits a few seconds after the Sticher Maiden goes down. He then floats down to her and Sir Ronith. Despite his layered protections, he takes a few steps back from it and aims his pistol at the creatures head and incinerates it with mega damage fire. "It's done." Grant says.

Sir Ronith wrote:Ronith nods in satisfaction as the stitcher maiden falls, but he knows better than to think that this victory will make a dent in the evils ravaging the planet and its human populace. Still, it was what he could do. To Grant, he says ”Let us be going.”


Grant nods his in agreement and says, "Let's fly, I could see from above that you are not fighting with your usual alacrity. I am no expert in medicine, but you may have a concussion, or suffered a seizure or stroke based on how you reacted earlier to that door we found in the city. I'd rather we avoid another fight if we can." The mage lifts his arm and and casts Fly as an Eagle upon the Cyber-Knight. After the casting, he flies up with Sir Ronith and makes his way back to the bridge and then over it.

As they reach the edge of his spell defending them from the ley line storm, he slows and recasts it. He notes Sir Ronith's negative reaction to the protective magic. Well, this is a problem. I'm a magnet for the destructive energies of the storm, but either the shield is what is causing Sir Ronith's problems, or the way the ley lines are being prevented from discharging is the problem. I've heard Psi-Stalkers and Dog Boys strong psychic sensitivity is disrupted by the lines, Sir Ronith has a much stronger psionic potential than I do, perhaps it's something similar. Grant reaches out with his senses looking to chart a course for them that is away from the ley lines. His theory is in part confirmed by Sir Ronith's statement that the headache returned with the recasting of the spell. "I'll see if I can pick a direction that will get us out of proximity of the super nexus that fastest. We will both be better off out of the storm's influence."

As Sir Ronith checks on the group, Grant does his own, looking for the people that have been inadvertently storing PPE. He asks Ashlynn about her charges, he points to the people with the softly glowing eyes, "Ashlynn, has anyone let you know if they are experiencing any pain?"

Without attack imminent, he attempts to draw the energy from them using it to cast Heal Wounds to help the injured among them, he also recasts his personal defensive magics. As he does, he talks to the group about the ley lines and potential psychic energy. His informal lecture focuses on how to sense the reserve of energy within themselves, how to gauge their limit. How to draw energy from the ley lines (and correspondingly how to not do it). For those that appear strongly interested, he discusses the basic principles of magic.

Once the group is organized and ready to move, he gives his recommendations to Sir Ronith and Barracuda on which way to go to avoid the ley lines



For Sir Ronith:

Code: Select all
[*]Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 400.00 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:46 pm

Perception: 56% 1d100 = 29
JIC 1d100 = 57 1d20 = 8

Virtus wrote:((addendum)) Weiss climbs down from Blue and joins Daisuke in the missile carrier. Targeting the far end of the bridge he launches two missiles that arc high overhead and come down with a deafening explosion, destroying the far end of the bridge, preventing anything or anyone else from taking this bridge.


The bridge makes a satisfying noise crashing into the river. Weiss looks out over the remains of the bridge Hopefully this will prevent that creature getting out. Can't help the people still in there. Maybe the NEMA forces can. His stomach flip flops, hating the idea of running away.

If the launcher is able to move
"D, take this with us," he tells the portaller, "the extra transport and weapons will come in handy." He climbs out of the cab and shouts back inside, "go on ahead, I'll act as rearguard."
He briskly heads back to the Beauty, weapon at the ready in case of trouble next time, bring the plasma rifle. Those things don't like fire. Clambering back into the Beauty, he gives the mage a thumbs up.

"Okay, we heading out," he tells Kelko but calling into the bowl "Getting out of Dodge, we'll brief you on our plans as soon as I know what they are. Love you!"

Arriving at the rendezvous, he stays in the Beauty, keeping his sensors ready

Sensory Equipment 74% 1d100 = 11

Ronith wrote:Once he arrives, Ronith’s first order of business is to check in. ”Report. Is everyone alright?”


"Here and intact." Weiss responds using the speaker system, "what's the plan?" Weiss was anxious to keep moving and maybe find some safe haven.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:27 am

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 99

JIC: 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 99

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy


Ashlynn waits with the civilians and Gallows Twelve, hoping her presence is a comfort to the frightened people.

Ronith wrote:”Report. Is everyone alright?”


"All good - I think we had a couple civilians peel off before we got here but the majority of the group is here and doing... okay. Mainly concerned about the NEMA checkpoint ahead."

Grant wrote:"Ashlynn, has anyone let you know if they are experiencing any pain?"


Ashlynn looks at the civilians with glowing eyes. If this is our past... these are the folks who become spellcasters. the ones who can hold the magic energy in their bodies. They just have no way of controlling it yet. "No one's said anything about pain, but... uh... they're a bit worried."

She smiles at them, kindly. You don't even know it yet, but that's a gift. It'll help you survive in the world to come, if you can master it.

She watches Grant move about them, healing them with their own energies and giving them the most cursory of beginner's lessons. Is... that it? Am I looking at the birth of ley line walkers on earth? Did Grant just... He mind reels with the possible paradox, but ultimately it does what minds do when faced with genuine paradoxes, and it ignores it.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Virtus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 am

Conditions
Time: Day 3, 04:00am
Temperature: 25F
Visibility: 50ft (heavy fog)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 12"
2 feet of flooding
Radio Traffic: heavy, heavy interference
Magic Use: Extreme magics within 500ft. Triangle rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 200ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Triangle Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile


The cold is unrelenting. Snow crunches under foot and icy flood waters slosh in the darkness. Sirens cry out in the night, punctuated with anguished screams and weapons sounding off. In the between the civilians mention the eerie silence of no planes, cars or otherwise. The smell of burning buildings mingles with the smell of death.

Jack asks about the closest hospital. The doctor replies, "The closest hospital? Well back across the bridge. Don't think that's wise though and likely no point. As far as hospitals on the way, there are several. I'd probably be most tempted to head for St Elizabeth's. It's east on 64. There is also Memorial East a little further down. Or if we want to get really away from all this, probably Red Bud to the south."

Colonel Carver speaks to Ronith, Barracuda and others who care to listen. "If you want an expedient route, I'd say 64 is a good choice now. We can also head north or south. We've been listening to short wave when we can. There's so much interference. It's bad everywhere. Some cities seem to be holding their own, but I think St Louis is lost as you say. Most are already MIA. They are trying to hold the line, but the plan is to pull back from what I can gather. A major problem we are experiencing are the centralized lockouts. Satellites aren't responding, networks are down and some weapon systems require GPS and remote confirmation to work. Much like how we had our permissions revoked, remotely those same systems are not operating or updating. Many safety protocols are engaged and simply not able to operate. We're fighting with one hand tied behind our backs. Point to point communications are about the best we can manage right now."

Grants inspects several civilians. A few of them are beginning to show concerning signs. Palid skin, general discomfort and hyper sensitivity to sights, sounds and smells. Worse, his attempts to pull PPE from them are mostly unsuccessful. There are some, under his tutelage that seem able to do so. Amazing to Grant is even on the ones he has successfully pulled from, their reserves seem barely untouched. Perhaps some form of hyper saturation. The return of the fog after recasting his ley line protection confirms to many from the Collegiate that what the fog is, is a manifestation of all the PPE being released. If the storms do balance PPE, it's likely they are making a PPE pressure cooker.

Last Dance has been scouting out the road ways carefully. They've seen a few running vehicles, but many abandoned vehicles and many dead bodies. The vehicles they found they couldn't get running. Some of them were fully automated and had no connection to the networks that controlled them. Most seem to have had their electronics fried.

What is clear is that NO ONE is trying to get into St Louis. No cars pass by heading for the city at all.

In the fog, Barracuda and Ashlynn see vague forms drifting through. Shadows of people seem to appear and disappear. Thermal imaging reveal cold spots that come and go like reflections in a stream.

Juxtaposed to the death and destruction, Grant, Keiko and the other magic users get a show unlike they've ever seen. While many ley lines stand like walls, there are a number that last only for seconds. Those ley lines rush past like the flowing manes of great horses. They streak across and then disappear. Moments later an intersecting path comes by. Every so often two of these rushing ley lines will cross and explosions of uncontrolled magic energy occur, creating amazing spacial distortions and random effects. A nearby collision sees a tree growing wildly, creaking and bending. In moments it becomes wonderfully twisted work of living art. In its boughs that are now bowed over and touching the ground are small little rifts, twinkling in and out for several minutes afterwards.

Images for Effect
H4H6a.png

H4H5a.png


((Where do you wish to travel to?))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Postby Ronith » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:09 am

JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 76
PER: 1d100 = 58 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
  • Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
  • Headaches: Half APM until further notice.
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 20.5min | 68/90 M.D.C. 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity and fire. Armor is invisible
  • Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 20.5min | Appears +3 lvls, +3 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.
  • Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 480' r | 34.0 min.
  • Telepathy: Superior- Rifter 25, P. 83; 700-foot range, 17.5m remaining.
  • Shadow Meld | RUE P. 206 | 24.5m | Attackers -5 to strike.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 395.00 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
Land navigation- 1d100 = 90 vs. 102%
To help Ronith ‘mentally map’ the area based on Carver’s descriptions.
Paramedic- 10d100:
93, 75, 43, 89, 85, 46, 6, 88, 90, 22
vs. 116%
To help stabilize as many wounded as possible.


Grant Latham wrote:"Let's fly, I could see from above that you are not fighting with your usual alacrity. I am no expert in medicine, but you may have a concussion, or suffered a seizure or stroke based on how you reacted earlier to that door we found in the city. I'd rather we avoid another fight if we can."
Ronith nods. ”Astute of you. I have been experiencing rather debilitating headaches since shortly after our arrival here. I do not know why- they seem exacerbated when I use active psionic sensing, and a mind block does nothing to help. I think the storm, or at least your defense against it, may be connected as well. Let us fly- your priority must be protecting the convoy and the civilians. The best thing all of us can do right now is get out of this storm as quickly as possible. Once we are out in safer, more rural country we can catch our breath and come up with a real plan. So long as we are solely concerned with reacting to what is around us, we are fighting a losing battle.” After Grant casts his spell, Ronith takes to the air with his usual grace. The cyber-knight is more accustomed to jumping than to flying, but after a slightly shaky start Ronith finds his ‘air legs,’ and darts with Grant to where the others are waiting.

Jack McDermott wrote:"Sir, we need to get these people to a medical facility. Something, anything would help. We can't leave them. Even if, they don't. Sir, they may not realize they want our help. They need it though."
”Understood. We have to help ourselves out of this mess first. I shall do all I can for the wounded in the meantime. Colonel Carver, what can you tell me about the local area? Where are the closest hospitals, and what are our possible routes out of the city?”

Ronith will ask follow-up questions as needed, and try to use his own knowledge of the area in the present to visualize a crude ‘mental map’ of their location relative to the disaster that is downtown, the various medical facilities nearby, and the major roads linking them all. Speed is essential, that means one of the major roads. Likely jammed. But too many people in too many wheeled vehicles to move through other means. Thinking quickly about his options for a minute or so, Ronith makes his decision and puts together a plan to support it. ”Colonel Carver, can you provide us with any approximate coordinates for this ‘St. Elizabeth’s’?”

”We head east along Interstate 64. Make best possible speed for the hospital, and hope that we will be able to save the wounded there. If we are very lucky, it may even be far enough away from the Devil’s Gate to serve as safe haven. I shall do all I can to keep the wounded stabilized in the meantime- Ashlynn, with me. Weiss, take Daisuke and a couple of the heavier robot vehicles and move to the front of the convoy. You will be in charge of clearing the road for the rest of us to follow. Coordinate with the scouts, save anyone you can, and try to avoid any large explosions- but do not stop for anything short of my order. Jack, take Keiko and round up all of the collegiate mages with healing magic, and anyone with psychic healing abilities as well, and put them to work on the wounded. Grant, continue your work with the civilians- untrained mages are dangerous in the best of circumstances, and these are not they. The sooner you can turn them into an asset for us, the better. Barracuda, watch his back. Any questions?”

Once the briefing is done, Ronith will ask Jack to point him towards the wounded. Still shrouded in shadow, Ronith resolutely ignores the pain in his head yet again as he gets to work. His #1 priority for the next couple of hours is triage- Ronith will not hesitate to exhaust all six of Frostfang’s healing touches if they can help stabilize anyone in danger of dying. After that, he will dig into any first aid kits or other medical equipment the various groups have handy, and rely on conventional medicine ((skill rolls)) to try and save as many as he can. If his sixth sense goes off or they arrive at the hospital, he will emerge immediately.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 64/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:44 am

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 54
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 15


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 1968/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 400.00 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 40.00 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60.00 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 100.00 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 120.00 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 20 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 40 min | 270' radius



Ronith wrote:”We head east along Interstate 64. Make best possible speed for the hospital, and hope that we will be able to save the wounded there. If we are very lucky, it may even be far enough away from the Devil’s Gate to serve as safe haven. I shall do all I can to keep the wounded stabilized in the meantime- Ashlynn, with me. Weiss, take Daisuke and a couple of the heavier robot vehicles and move to the front of the convoy. You will be in charge of clearing the road for the rest of us to follow. Coordinate with the scouts, save anyone you can, and try to avoid any large explosions- but do not stop for anything short of my order. Jack, take Keiko and round up all of the collegiate mages with healing magic, and anyone with psychic healing abilities as well, and put them to work on the wounded. Grant, continue your work with the civilians- untrained mages are dangerous in the best of circumstances, and these are not they. The sooner you can turn them into an asset for us, the better. Barracuda, watch his back. Any questions?”


Grant rubs his temples after having reached out with his mind to untangle the incredible tangle of ley lines all around them and trying to find their edge. He feels some of them flicker in and out of existence. He tells Sir Ronith, "Every direction is equally impacted by the surging ley lines. Taking 64 is a good direction as any but, I doubt it will take us clear of the storm, I can't sense an edge yet. To protect the other magi and myself, I'm going to have to keep extending the storm shield around us. I've dispelled all the ones behind our caravan, to alleviate any extra strain they may be putting on the ley line. I will work with the Collegiate team about casting Sustain on everyone so we don't have to worry about foraging as we travel. One less thing to worry about."

Grant goes with Jack and Keiko and finds the Collegiate team. He tells them, "Along with healing, we need to worry about logistics. If any of the mages know the Sustain, spell, I will want them to join me on casting it on everyone in the caravan."

He lets the pair discuss their needs then adds, "Also, you may have noticed that some of the refugees are showing an affinity for PPE. This area and time the land is saturated with PPE, we will need to work with them to help control their wild talents. I look to those of you with a more mystical outlook, it may be an easier course for some of these individuals to grasp your outlook towards magic. If you could work on teaching meditate techniques I would appreciate it. Thank you all. Let's get to work."

Grant moves out with those that can cast Sustain, and they systematically cast it on everyone in the caravan. Afterwards, he joins the prodigies among the refugees and continues his lectures. He keeps an eye on those that appear to be struggling with his more rigorous and systematic methodology of magic and connects them with the Mystics in the Collegiate group. The mage prompts those with recording devices to record what is saying, along with him demonstrating how to cast the various low level (levels 1 to 4) spells that he knows. When we return home, will I find an ancient video of me teaching?
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Previous

Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron