Ideas for Behemoth - WIP

A few good men, a woman and a fox plus a blueberry, squid and ogre vs the all of the forces of darkness.
GM: Consumer
AGM: T-Rex

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Ideas for Behemoth - WIP

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:09 pm

The Behemoth has - WIP
a laboratory divided into three separate sections,
● 1 = med bay
● 2 = botany/ medical research lab
● 3 = mechanical lab/garage?
ten separate living quarters that can accommodate 30 to 40 people comfortably (80 cramped), my math says 1 room is good for 3 people
● 1 -
● 2 -
● 3 -
● 4 -
● 5 -
● 6 -
● 7 -
● 8 -
● 9 - gym or dojo??
● 10 - pantry and/or food storage??
a communal dining/lounge/observation area (the glass enclosure on top of the main body)
● full galley/kitchen/bar -
● conference table
● comfortable seating
● entertainment media center / computer (s)
storage bay that can hold four small vehicles like hover cycles and a half dozen suits of power armor with room
● slot 1 & 2 - APC
● slot 3 -
● slot 4 -
Power Armor -
● 1 - mech PA
● 2 -
● 3 -
● 4 -
● 5 -
● 6 -
Attachments
observation deck.jpg
observation deck.jpg (12.39 KiB) Viewed 932 times
behemoth bedrooms.jpg
behemoth bedrooms.jpg (9.52 KiB) Viewed 932 times
dojo or gym.jpg
dojo or gym.jpg (8.43 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: Ideas for Behemoth - WIP

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:11 pm

more pics -
Attachments
research lab.jpg
research lab.jpg (9.13 KiB) Viewed 931 times
behemoth med bay.jpg
behemoth med bay.jpg (11.8 KiB) Viewed 931 times
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conditions
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby The Mechanic » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Laboratory:

This needs to be Mech's domain primarily.

Lab #1: Bionics/Cybernetics/Bio-Systems.
Lab #2: Medical facilities for the Templar.
Lab #3: Mechanical repair facility for Power Armor, Electronics, Weapons, Etc. We do not want to cross contaminate medical or bionics/cyber/bio systems with this stuff.

Take up 1 quarters area with a 'sealed samples storage facility' -- anything we take that's biological, etc, gets frozen in here.
1 quarters area with a dedicated hydrophonics/botany faclity.
The gym/dojo for another is a great idea.
Mech will forfiet his quarters as he doesn't sleep.
A small part of one of the labs will be converted into a 'private office' for him for his personal belongings and recreation, but he will live i the lab areas where he belongs.
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?

Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby The Mechanic » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:48 pm

I would also like to put a dedicated 'jack in' port on each deck for Mech, along with in his quarters and in the lab.

TLDR: This means nobody ever need really be in the cockpit. If Mech is going to live on board, he can have the machine moving as fast as it takes him to meld/merge with it.
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?

Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:58 pm

so something like this??
Attachments
borg alcove.jpg
borg alcove.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 927 times
Conditions
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby The Mechanic » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:09 pm

RE: Alcove
Good idea. Mech can step into it and be restrained for piloting, etc.
One mech broom closet on each deck with connections directly to what he needs to merge quickly.

Weapon Systems:

1 Quad SR-15 Gun Turret, mounted beneath chin, field of fire covering rear, sides and above.
Automated OR manual operation.
Fire feed selectable -- silver ammuition or ramjets, or a mix of 2 guns firing silver and 2 firing ramjets for extra special targets like armored vampires.

1 Quad SR-15 Gun Turret, mounted upper rear side with field of fire covering rear, sides and above.
Automated OR manual operation.
Fire feed selectable -- silver ammuition or ramjets, or a mix of 2 guns firing silver and 2 firing ramjets for extra special targets like armored vampires.

Based on the Maxton m45 'Meat Chopper'

1-8 automated northern gun energy shotguns in various locations, missile/projectile/flying defense.
Standard behemoth mini missile launchers.

Over time, I want to add more SR-15 turrets. Think what I'm going for as a vintage bomber style defense. Multiple turrets with overlapping fields of fire that shred the hell out of things.

They are cheap, easy to supply and hell on wheels vs supernatural or mechanical targets.

Also, nobody can go impervious to energy vs them.

Current Characters:

The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jason Long » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Ok, a few thoughts.
On the lower deck, there is already a clinic/med bay. It's location makes sense, since it is close to the entrances and quick access for injured.
The storage bay can be equipped with tools and drop down work benches etc for most of the mech/power suit repairs. It has easy access to the engine room for power and room to work. For more precise work. We can set the Mechanic up with the quarters next to Lab 1 or Lab 3. Reconfigure the wall so they connect inside and he has his office and storage, right next to the lab for his cybernetics, etc.
A 'borg alcove on each level makes sense, so that Mechanic is always close to a secure jack-in point.
Using a set of quarters for the gym.dojo, probably won't work. They are only about 10' square. That's a little tight for sparring. Now, closing off the last 12' of the dining area would give you about 12'x20' for the gym/dojo.

I like the idea of a sealed area for containment, be that samples or something contaminated. It should have an outside access and some type of heat shielded walls in case we need to eliminate whatever is put in there.

The guns are a nice idea. Do you think they should be in concealed mounts?

Something that just occurred to me. Why are we putting a gym on the Behemoth? This is a vehicle to be used on missions. Not a full time residence or base. We have a base that we are improving in Merctown that will have room for gyms and long term development projects.
In my opinion, and all this is open for discussion, the Behemoth should be configured for missions up to 4 weeks duration. The priorities should be getting the team there and back, possibly with our clients with us. We will need emergency medical and repair facilities. Food, ammunition, and ancillary supplies. Since the designated storage bay will be primarily a vehicle and armor bay, we will have to remodel the dining area for food and other storage. I would recommend that at least one of the quarters rooms be designated as guest quarters for any clients or civilians we need to transport. The largest lab should probably remain a generalist lab, outfitted to handle just about anything. An airlock style compartment could be built along the rear wall so that samples, persons, etc, could be brought in from the outside without contaminating the rest of the Behemoth. The smaller lab not used by the Mechanic could be set up as a modular lab. It would be configured to support the specific mission.

Part of the storage bay, probably the rear corners, can be reinforced to serve as ammunition storage. Blow-out panels would be inserted to vent the force outside if the ammo goes up. I would recommend that arms lockers be placed on each level.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Could we combine areas into multi-purpose facilites? I don't know that combining the dining area and the dojo/gym would be the best combination odor-wise, but are there ideas for rooms that can be combined together? Such as with RVs, where you have dinettes and other parts of the space able to convert to accommodate different needs?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby The Mechanic » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Townsend wrote:Could we combine areas into multi-purpose facilites? I don't know that combining the dining area and the dojo/gym would be the best combination odor-wise, but are there ideas for rooms that can be combined together? Such as with RVs, where you have dinettes and other parts of the space able to convert to accommodate different needs?

I'm honestly not sure we need to.

I measured it out once, and the Behemoth's chassis is approx. the size of four school buses in actual top-down layout. Imagine two parked left-right and two more behind them on their bumpers.

I don't think we NEED many multipurpose facilities and we can enjoy a bit more comfort than any of the other groups have

Current Characters:

The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 am

Heck, there is an easy option.

if we want to spar or work out, we can just go outside.
Conditions
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:42 am

I threw this in my post almost as a 'throwaway line' but upon further reflection I think it'd be a good idea (albeit a minor one). Each cabin comes with a sound system if it's not already included.
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri May 11, 2018 3:41 am

The Behemoth has - WIP
a laboratory divided into three separate sections,
● 1 = med bay
● 2 = botany/ medical research lab
● 3 = mechanical lab/garage?
ten separate living quarters that can accommodate 30 to 40 people comfortably (80 cramped), my math says 1 room is good for 3 people
● 1 - dhaltuun and bird
● 2 - dhaltuun mystic study area??
● 3 -
● 4 -
● 5 -
● 6 -
● 7 -
● 8 -
● 9 -
● 10 - pantry and/or food storage??
a communal dining/lounge/observation area (the glass enclosure on top of the main body)
● full galley/kitchen/bar -
● conference table
● comfortable seating
● entertainment media center / computer (s)
● every area has an alcove for mechanic recharge
storage bay that can hold four small vehicles like hover cycles and a half dozen suits of power armor with room
● slot 1 & 2 - dexter atv
● slot 3 & 4 -
Power Armor -
● 1 - mech PA
● 2 - rufus hoverbike
● 3 - dhaltuun car
● 4 -
● 5 -
● 6 -

Please feel free to add to this....
Conditions
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to The Templar (Independent: 6 Players, 2 Opening)