Advice Column: Dear Zoe

Check for the latest bounties & mercenary assignments. Find the best bargain on gear before you buy it! Surf the blogs and websites of MercTown. Hear the latest from the craziest DJs in Merctown!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Advice Column: Dear Zoe

Postby Augur » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Ask famous MercTown persona Zoe Barenger your questions (in character only, folks) and she will respond with her advice.

(This will be a parody of Dear Abby.)
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: Advice Column: Dear Zoe

Postby Zoe Barenger » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:10 pm

A reader asks:

Hey I sent you a PM about this, but is the "ask Zoe" segment going to be just for Rifts characters? And will Nikki be the one doing it?

My response: I will be the one answering the questions in character and in audio, but extra-dimensional characters are free to send me their questions. (Post your questions here, folks.)
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Reaper » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:04 pm

Dear Zoe,

I am having issues with my Mercenary Colleagues, they are not taking me seriously. I admit, I come from another dimension, and a different time, but they just won't believe me about a woman I cherish. When the world was being invaded by millions of starships, with millions of sixty foot tall aliens. She stood up to them, and used the power of her voice to turn the tide of the war.

I swear they think I'm crazy. Crazier than that goofball Cyber-Doc who smacked a poor sod upside his head with his own ripped off arms. But this really did happen! I try to show them the light, and inform them of her amazing abilities. I even have brought out video files, music playbacks, and even a vintage doll that is made in her likeness.

Still, they see her as some horrid musical hack, who needs auto-tune. When in truth, it's all her voice, all natural, and without modification. Her personality is genuine and she is a treasure to my people. How do I show them the right path, without being laughed at?

Counting down to be yours,
2 years, 3 months and 16 days
Reaper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beanpole » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:13 am

Dear Zoe,
I hope my ritng is gud enof for yu to unnerstan my problm. I want to lern to cook reel gud. How doos I tell my frends I aint gonna fite for a spell? I aint leeving for ever, jest a bit. Pleas help.

Thank yu,
Beanpole
Beanpole

Postby Zoe Barenger » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm looking for one more question to complete my column, folks.
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Tiree » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Zoe Barenger wrote:I'm looking for one more question to complete my column, folks.

Will you read your column on WMRK Radio Free MercTown?
Tiree
Admin

Postby Augur » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Tiree wrote:
Zoe Barenger wrote:I'm looking for one more question to complete my column, folks.

Will you read your column on WMRK Radio Free MercTown?

Such episodes will be separate, shorter, "bonus" episodes.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks to Maniacal for participating in tonight's episode. You were a really great guest to have on, mate!

RFM#3 will be up next Monday.
Augur
Admin

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Ah shucks. It was a lot less stressful than I anticipated. Thinking about what you say before you say it is really hard.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Zoe Barenger » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Taps foot impatiently.
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Pyro » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:00 pm

Nobody really knows how this got here. Some people say it came via dimensional rift from Australia, some say that it washed ashore somewhere in North America message in a bottle style and the name was just coincidence. Either way, somehow it's ended up at WMRK.

Dear Zoe,

There's this mate of mine I work with that is paranoid of everything. He thinks that everybody is out to get him. Is it ethical to plant tracer bugs in his underwear while he's sleeping? And hide weird gadgets that don't really do anything but have blinking lights in his truck? Do you have any recommendations for a style of tinfoil hat to give him as a birthday present?

~Pyro
Pyro

Return to Warhawk Magazine, Intranet & Radio Free Merctown