The signal for Terror

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 am

And the Beat goes on!
The situation seems rather chaotic. Kilo is battling several Scap infused zombies on the outside of the APC, while Jason Long fires rail gun rounds into the oncoming horde, but this is all secondary to the events about to unfold.

Dhaltunn & Esra
The unliikely duo begins fighting a defensive battle while backing away from the Behemoth. Esra is a blaze of parrying blades and shields made of pure force of will, while Dhaltuun is roaring fury unleashing streams of electromagnetically propelled tungsten cored rounds into the maniacal undead. Sadly for all the fire and fury very few Zombies are damaged by his wild bursts, though Esra does manage to keep the advancing zombies from doing any harm while doing a little damage in the process.

The Mechanic
The Mechanic sees a desperate situation and comes up with what might be calls a cunning plan. His landing on the Behmoth goes without a hitch followed by his quick and dirty diagnostic of the robot vehicle. It has juice and most of the major systems are still functional. His senses pick up that the console is likely covered in warning lights and would be beeping frantically due to the systems in need of desperate repair. Much to his delight though he can feel the merger taking place, and the beast groans ever so slightly in response.

Hours
The sword swinging Cowboy is having a hell of a day it seems, but he's created what could best be called a stand still, the Zombie in front seems to have a pair of power cutters where it's lower arms would be, and they look like they still can bring a world of hurt to him, and the do... scoring three hits to his two. Though it does seem that Hour's has done a better job at wounding the Zombie as it keels over after the second stab. This only allows the next in line to approach and begin to menace the Cowboy. Only to be humorously caught in the door as it slams shut on one of it's power cutter arms. Hours can still see them, but he's fairly certain they cannot get to him.

What are your intentions?

Damage and Ammo
Butcher’s Bill
Kilo: -4 M.D.C.
Esra: Armor Destroyed, Personal M.D.C. -38, -53 I.S.P.
Hours: -9 M.D.C.


Ammo Counter
APC: -6 Missiles, -100 Railgun Rounds
Dhaltuun: -1 Grenade, -1 shot (NG-Super), -50 rounds (Rail Gun)
GM Notes
Next post goes up 10/17/17, I'm hoping to see you all posted.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:41 am

Perception: 1d20| 1d120 = 85
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 14
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 100
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 22
Effects: Attempting Machine Meld (as per Machine Person RCC) with Behemoth. Complete at the end of this round.
Note: All combat actions this round spent on merging with the Behemoth.

The Mechanic is busy.

Everything that is happening around him comes with a very dim awareness. Are his optical sensors working? Is he seeing what the Behemoth sees or some hybrid of both as microscopic tendrils of nano machines follow circuitry to critical places.

It's a delicate procedure and it can't be rushed to be any faster than it has to be.

There is the temptation to mumble over the radio but he manages to suppress that to just his internal thoughts.

Reactor... Online. Sensors... online. Weapons.... if I was human, I suspect I would curse.

Well, this isn't going to go the easy way is it?

I shouldn't expect anything to.

He hopes he's not being shot up, he hasn't felt anything yet except the feedback from brutalized systems in the Behemoth but.... things could always go even more not his way.

And so he burrows. Not literally by digging a hole but by sending tendrils deeper and deeper, until he thinks he has it.

When he thinks he has it, he has to wince -- though he isn't sure if he actually winces or not, that's the strange thing about melding with non-humanoid robots. It's hard to tell where The Mechanic begins and the Behemoth ends.

When he thinks he has it, he attempts to activate the Behemoth's internal alarm system, emergency lightning and close all blast doors as per emergency protocols, then cycle the reactor to full power. Perhaps the group (and the zombies) will hear the rumble of the machine coming alive.


OOC: Can I maybe get a quick post update from Consumer on the success of the attempting to close the doors for Hours inside? Thanks.
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:09 am

Perception:1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 95

Skills:
((Weapon Systems--87% / 1d100 = 11 ))
((Pilot: Tanks & APCs--99% / 1d100 = 53 ))

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16
Actions: 5
1: Fire railgun at zombie 1d20+3 = 10 to hit : 1d4*10 = 30MD OR move APC
2: Fire railgun at zombie 1d20+3 = 23 to hit NAT 20! : 1d4*10 = 10MD OR move APC
3: Fire railgun at zombie 1d20+3 = 16 to hit : 1d4*10 = 10MD OR move APC
4: Fire railgun at zombie 1d20+3 = 9 to hit : 1d4*10 = 10MD OR move APC
5: Fire railgun at zombie 1d20+3 = 15 to hit : 1d4*10 = 40MD OR move APC

The Mechanic wrote:"Attention, friendly units. You have no reason to trust me, I know, but cover me please, I am on the roof of the Behemoth. I am going to attempt to see if the robot still has power. If it does, I should be able to move it. If we can salvage this we will all be wealthy for it. I will require up to 90 seconds. If you have units inside of the robot advise, as I will be sealing off sections should I be able to gain control."


Well, that will solve some problems. Jason eyes the zombies and continues putting railgun fire into the zombies with the ranged weapons, heaviest weapons first. If it looks like the zombies area getting close to the APC, Jason will switch to the driving controls and move.

If Jason sees Esra come out of the hole in the ground, he switches seats and drives the APC to pick them up, running over any single zombies on the way.

Initiative: [dice]1d20
Actions: 5
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

Armor: • Helmet: 35
• Arms (2): 18 each
• Legs (2): 30 each
• Main Body: 55
• Unisuit (underlining): 25
Weight: 12 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills and skills requiring dexterity

Image

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 280&t=7151
User avatar
Jason Long
Group Leader
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Hours Williams » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 79
APM: 4
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 10

Consumer wrote:The sword swinging Cowboy is having a hell of a day it seems, but he's created what could best be called a stand still, the Zombie in front seems to have a pair of power cutters where it's lower arms would be, and they look like they still can bring a world of hurt to him, and the do... scoring three hits to his two. Though it does seem that Hour's has done a better job at wounding the Zombie as it keels over after the second stab. This only allows the next in line to approach and begin to menace the Cowboy. Only to be humorously caught in the door as it slams shut on one of it's power cutter arms. Hours can still see them, but he's fairly certain they cannot get to him.


Hours breathes a sigh of relieve once he realizes that the doors have shut. A chuckle escapes his lips at the almost comical sight of the arms trapped in the doors. Tapping the radio again, he says, "I don't know who you are, but thanks for shutting the door and giving me a rest bit. Where are you and can you access the internal weapons...if there are any?" He asks himself.

He then carefully examines (Basis Electronics [65%] 1d100 = 19, Lore: Demons & Monsters [40%] 1d100 = 82, Interrogation [55%] 1d100 = 83, Streetwise [42%] 1d100 = 55) the trapped arms for anything useful.

Once he's got everything he can, the cowboy uses his psi-sword to cut the arms off and allow the doors to close fully. He then moves to the opening in the hull and views the events down below. "I wonder if I can levitate my ass down from here?"
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)


Image
User avatar
Hours Williams
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 60
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 14

Conditions:
PPE: 0/99 at the start of this post
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 64
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 150 / 200

Esra
With that, she will pull away from combat and rush towards the APC, activating her Telekinesis as she goes to lift up Dhaltuun and pull him along with her at speed (hurling him towards her without striking her, if you will).

As she makes her way to the APC with Dhaltuun in tow, she will send him another telepathic message, Send word to our friends at the APC of our need. I have no communicator of my own to do so.


Dhaltuun grits his teeth, and with a quick prayer to Njord, prepares for the yank. As he hurtles thru the air, he continues his assault. The only pause is a quick radio call to the team. ’Coming in hot. Esra with dwarf in TK tow. Big uglies behind us and closing. Need doors open and a hot extraction.”

ATTACKS –
1 – Rail gun burst Strike: 1d20+1 = 3 / Damage: 10 rd burst – 4d6 = 14 MD
2 – Rail gun burst Strike: 1d20+1 = 10 / Damage: 10 rd burst – 4d6 = 13 MD
3 – Rail gun burst Strike: 1d20+1 = 10 / Damage: 10 rd burst – 4d6 = 17 MD
4 – Rail gun burst Strike: 1d20+1 = 19 / Damage: 10 rd burst – 4d6 = 14 MD
5 - Rail gun burst Strike: 1d20+1 = 14 / Damage: 10 rd burst – 4d6 = 9 MD
Conditions
PPE: 9 / 108
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 100 / 200
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: leprecoon99

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Esra Fallows » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:58 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 21
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 29
APM: 9
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 8


The unliikely duo begins fighting a defensive battle while backing away from the Behemoth. Esra is a blaze of parrying blades and shields made of pure force of will, while Dhaltuun is roaring fury unleashing streams of electromagnetically propelled tungsten cored rounds into the maniacal undead. Sadly for all the fire and fury very few Zombies are damaged by his wild bursts, though Esra does manage to keep the advancing zombies from doing any harm while doing a little damage in the process.


Dhaltuun grits his teeth, and with a quick prayer to Njord, prepares for the yank. As he hurtles thru the air, he continues his assault. The only pause is a quick radio call to the team. "Coming in hot. Esra with dwarf in TK tow. Big uglies behind us and closing. Need doors open and a hot extraction.”


Esra has eyes only for two things: The haven of the APC (hopefully coming towards them) and for the attacks of nearby undead. This is not the best of situations for her, but with a hiss she keeps up her defensive, making her way to the APC. Still, she sends a telepathic message to Dhaltuun, Are you alright? Telekinesis not too sudden?

----------

Rolls

Actions with Paired Weapons - 9*2 = 18 actions, no auto-parry

Action 1 + 1(Paired Weapons): Parry with Psi-Shield as needed: 1d20+12 = 31 ; Parry with Psi-Sword as needed: 1d20+13 = 25

Action 2 + 2(Paired Weapons): Strike with Psi-Sword as needed: 1d20+7 = 10 Damage: 3d6 = 12 ; Parry with Psi-Sword: 1d20+13 = 25

Action 3 + 3(Paired Weapons): Haul Dhaltuun with Telekinesis ; Parry with Psi-sword as needed: 1d20+13 = 26

Action 4 + 4(Paired Weapons): Strike with Psi-Sword as needed: 1d20+7 = 8 - Nat 1! Damage: 3d6 = 5; Parry with Psi-Sword as needed: 1d20+13 = 30

Action 5 + 5(Paired Weapons): Haul Dhaltuun with her with her Telekinesis ; Parry with Psi-Sword as needed: 1d20+13 = 19

Action 6 + 6(Paired Weapons): Dodge as needed: 1d20+10 = 11 - Nat 1! ; Parry with Psi-Shield as needed: 1d20+12 = 28

Action 7 + 7(Paired Weapons): Haul Dhaltuun with her with her Telekinesis ; Parry with Psi-Sword as needed: 1d20+13 = 15 ; Enter APC if possible.

Action 8 + 8(Paired Weapons): Dodge as needed: 1d20+10 = 23 ; Parry with Psi-Sword as needed: 1d20+13 = 20 ; Enter APC if possible.

Action 9 + 9(Paired Weapons): Haul Dhaltuun with her Telekinesis ; Dodge as needed: 1d20+10 = 14 ; Enter APC if possible.
Esra Fallows - Just your friendly neighborhood Cyber-Knight!

Status
Personal M.D.C.: 36 / 74 M.D.C.
Cyber-Armor: 52 / 52 M.D.C. - A.R.: 16
Cyber-Knight Plate Armor: Critical Damage! / 65 M.D.C.
Psi-Shield: 80 / 80 M.D.C. - 10% of damage is dealt to shield if parry is successful
I.S.P.: 26 / 83
P.P.E.: 40 / 40

Current Conditions
Telepathy active (16 / 32 rounds left)
Telekinesis active - up to 300 lbs. (29 / 32 rounds left)
Psi-Shield active (77 / 80 rounds left)
Sixth Sense triggered! (No bonuses past 1st melee round.)
Combat Acrobatics - No penalty to strike while moving.
Basic Combat Awareness - Penalties to tech-laden opponent (single opponent).

Constant Effects
Horror Factor 14
User avatar
Esra Fallows
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Rolls and Conditions as above

Esra “Are you alright? Telekinesis not too sudden?”



Dhaltuun lets out a loud ”BWHAHAHA!!” ”No I am great! Watch me soar thru the air like Njord sails the seas!” There is a blissful smile on his face all the while he is shooting uglies.
Conditions
PPE: 9 / 108
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 100 / 200
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: leprecoon99

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:44 pm

A Titan Rises.
The Mechanic and Hours

For Hours the next fifteen seconds is a bit of a ride. His brief examination of the power cutter wedged in the door tells him that the warranty has likely been voided on the piece of Northern Gun made power tool. A couple of swipes with his rapier sever the tool and the door finishes closing. Somehow Hours manages to keep his feet through the next event.

The Mechanic's senses expand outward, and from what he can tell the Behemoth Explorer is hurting, but not out of the fight yet. Systems start coming online and sensors start showing spotty coverage like it's missing sensory organs. All long range sensors are down, the system telling him the sensor mast is missing or disconnected. The internal sensors are spotty with tons of blind spots where internal camera's and motion detectors are non-functional or missing. Unconciously the Behemoth rises from its position to stand, in it's hunchbacked kind of way.

Through all of this The Mechanic sense a malignancy in the cargo hold.

Your Uber has Arrived.
Jason, Esra, and Dhaltuun

Jason seeing the Esra and Dhaltuun fleeing towards him, beelines for the controls and moves the APC towards them. From the inside he is able to open one of the hatches and allow them egress. Esra has a relatively easy time of making it on board, not even needing to fend off anymore Zombie attacks. Dhaltunn roars incoherently as he fires his rail gun. The rail gun spits lead at the Zombies, The Chainsaw wielding zombie collapses under the second burst, while the rest of the rail gun rounds nearly cut down the one of the Zombies armed with a power cutter, leaving it and another Zombie. These were cut down in turn by Jason's well timed rail gun burst from the APC.

GM Notes
Esra and Dhaltuun are now in the APC, Hours is safely locked in the Behmoth, and The Mechanic is riding the Behemoth like a elephant rider of old.


Damage and Ammo
Butcher’s Bill
Kilo: -4 M.D.C.
Esra: Armor Destroyed, Personal M.D.C. -38, -53 I.S.P.
Hours: -9 M.D.C.


Ammo Counter
APC: -6 Missiles, -130 Railgun Rounds
Dhaltuun: -1 Grenade, -1 shot (NG-Super), -100 rounds (Rail Gun)
GM Notes
Next post goes up 10/24/17, I'm hoping to see you all posted.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 12
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 69
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 15

Conditions:
PPE: 0/99 at the start of this post
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 64
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 100 / 200

Dhaltuun throws his gear down and checks his guns. ”Captain! I got door covered if needed.” He sits in the nearest place he can to the door. With a breathe to calm himself, ”Marcella!! My girl, I have returned unharmed as I promised I would. Praise be to Njord!” Dhaltuun feels the warmth of his familiar’s affection as he readies himself. ”Okay, girl. I need your eyes.” He then abandoned his own senses and uses Marcella’s eyes to take a fly by look at the behemoth. Using all his concentration, Dhaltuun directs her flight thru their bond while checking for zombies and/or an entry.

• Exceptional vision (see 1' rabbit at 2 miles)
• Nightvision 300'
• Track by sight 88%
Conditions
PPE: 9 / 108
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 100 / 200
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: leprecoon99

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:48 pm

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 11
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 4
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 64
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 11

Effects: Fully melded with Behemoth robot.
• +15% to all piloting rolls.
• Automatic robot or power armor combat elite with a melded robot/power armor.
• Equivalent of a universal head jack.
• Add +15% to all computer operation, programming and hacking rolls.
• Once a successful meld has been completed (done) Mech is the overriding force in control of the vehicle or machine and cannot be subverted or taken away.


Mech's consciousness stretches out, inch by inch and foot by foot as the behemoth comes online. System after subsystem responds to his queries as he begins to understand the beast's construction and the state that it is in.

Outside, the rumbling sound of the reactor and it's cooling systems grow louder. Internal sensors, ankle and toe actuators, hand actuators and...

Abruptly, the Behemoth takes an unsteady step forward, settles, and then takes another much more steady step. Mech is so busy dealing with this that he can't reply at first.

At least his control has been secured, and inside the cockpit lights come on and disappear as if someone was there working the controls but there is not.

Abruptly, Mech's unemotional voice clicks on -- both on the internal speakers of the Behemoth so Hours can hear and over the radio.

"Behemoth is mobile. I am in control."


Hours will feel the huge robot moving under his feet, and well, the rest of the party can see it.

Mech sounds distracted, though.

"And... there are.... problems."

As he speaks the huge robot reaches for one of the still living zombies with a huge manipulator. There is no grace to this as the behemoth wasn't designed for combat, and Mech selects the most damaged zombie he can see. If it can get it, it just closes the massive tri-claw and attempts to squeeze the life out of it.

"There is something.... I cannot explain it. There is something wrong, in the cargo bay. And I do not mean mechanically wrong. I have an... uncomfortable feeling. We need to find safety and clear this machine, room to room."


Mech attempts to clear his head as he squeezes the innards (he hopes) out of a zombie.

"Unidentified male inside, what do you need? from me"


Skills Roll | Pilot: RPA | Target: 87 | 1d100 = 19 | Success!
APM: 6 (Usually 7, reduced due to Behemoth getting 1/2 the number of attacks and bonuses from Robot Combat Elite: Heavy Ground Robots

Attack #1: Finish bringing Behemoth online/attempt to walk.
Attack #2: Radio transmissions.
Attack #3: 1d20+7 = 25 - Damage: 2d6 = 10
Attack #4: 1d20+7 = 19 - Damage: 2d6 = 2
Attack #5: 1d20+7 = 18 - Damage: 2d6 = 8
Attack #6: 1d20+7 = 14 - Damage: 2d6 = 5

Parries as necessary;
1d20+8 = 18,1d20+8 = 16,1d20+8 = 10,1d20+8 = 17,1d20+8 = 27,1d20+8 = 16,1d20+8 = 10,1d20+8 = 27,1d20+8 = 16,1d20+8 = 9
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:58 am

Perception: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 11

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16
Actions 5:
1: Radio team
2: Break a path through the zombies for the Behemoth
3-5: reserved for Dodge: 1d20 = 19. 1d20 = 18, 1d20 = 11


Jason yells to Dhaltuun and Esra as they board, "One of you take the turret, I'm getting us clear!

The Mechanic wrote:"Behemoth is mobile. I am in control."

The Mechanic wrote:"There is something.... I cannot explain it. There is something wrong, in the cargo bay. And I do not mean mechanically wrong. I have an... uncomfortable feeling. We need to find safety and clear this machine, room to room."


Thinking quickly Jason radios the team, "Ok people, we are going to move at least 5 miles from here to get some space on the zombies, then regroup and clear the Behemoth. Mechanic or Hours, you've got the best vantage point. What's our best course. The APC will break trail. "

Jason gets the APC moving to keep the zombies off and then heads in the direction directed.
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

Armor: • Helmet: 35
• Arms (2): 18 each
• Legs (2): 30 each
• Main Body: 55
• Unisuit (underlining): 25
Weight: 12 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills and skills requiring dexterity

Image

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 280&t=7151
User avatar
Jason Long
Group Leader
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Hours Williams » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 51
APM: 4
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 6

Conditions: Energy Conversion, Sixth Sense

Consumer wrote:For Hours the next fifteen seconds is a bit of a ride. His brief examination of the power cutter wedged in the door tells him that the warranty has likely been voided on the piece of Northern Gun made power tool. A couple of swipes with his rapier sever the tool and the door finishes closing. Somehow Hours manages to keep his feet through the next event.


Hours can 'feel' that he won't be able to sustain the power of the psi-sword much longer, so with the bit of momentary safety he has, he allows the weapon to return to wherever it cam from. He looks at his hands, turning them over and back a few times, marvelling at the psionic power he has to create such a weapon. "I must learn to use it better."

The Mechanic wrote:Abruptly, the Behemoth takes an unsteady step forward, settles, and then takes another much more steady step. Mech is so busy dealing with this that he can't reply at first...

Abruptly, Mech's unemotional voice clicks on -- both on the internal speakers of the Behemoth so Hours can hear and over the radio.

"Behemoth is mobile. I am in control."


"Well, no shit. Thanks for the news flash, although I'm not to sure about that last part." The cowboy says out loud, not caring if anyone can hear him or not. He steadies himself and reloaded both his revolvers.

The Mechanic wrote:"And... there are.... problems."

"There is something.... I cannot explain it. There is something wrong, in the cargo bay. And I do not mean mechanically wrong. I have an... uncomfortable feeling. We need to find safety and clear this machine, room to room."


"Oh terrific, we haven't finished dealing with the current one yet...no, I'm sorry, it'll have to take a damn number and wait. I haven't even had a chance to empty my drawers out either."

The Mechanic wrote:"Unidentified male inside, what do you need? from me"


It take Hours a moment to realize the voice is talking to him. "Hours, call me Hours and I could use a drink. Failing that, a status report on the zombies surrounding me and any information on what's in the cargo bay...oh, and a safe route to it." He looks around (Basis Electronics [65%] 1d100 = 55, Lore: Demons & Monsters [40%] 1d100 = 28, Interrogation [55%] 1d100 = 75, Streetwise [42%] 1d100 = 49) and up. "I wonder if I get though the air ducts in this thing?" thinking out loud. Happy that all his guns are ready, he takes a deep, steadying breath.

Jason Long wrote:"Ok people, we are going to move at least 5 miles from here to get some space on the zombies, then regroup and clear the Behemoth. Mechanic or Hours, you've got the best vantage point. What's our best course. The APC will break trail. "


Tapping his radio, Hours replies, "Sorry Jason, my vantage point isn't very good. With the help of my new friend in the cockpit, I am going to try and bypass the zombies around me and scout out the cargo bay. Maybe whatever's in there is the cause of them."
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)


Image
User avatar
Hours Williams
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Esra Fallows » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:53 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 15
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 37
APM: 9
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 8


Jason seeing the Esra and Dhaltuun fleeing towards him, beelines for the controls and moves the APC towards them. From the inside he is able to open one of the hatches and allow them egress. Esra has a relatively easy time of making it on board, not even needing to fend off anymore Zombie attacks. Dhaltunn roars incoherently as he fires his rail gun. The rail gun spits lead at the Zombies, The Chainsaw wielding zombie collapses under the second burst, while the rest of the rail gun rounds nearly cut down the one of the Zombies armed with a power cutter, leaving it and another Zombie. These were cut down in turn by Jason's well timed rail gun burst from the APC.


Dhaltuun throws his gear down and checks his guns. ”Captain! I got door covered if needed.” He sits in the nearest place he can to the door. With a breathe to calm himself, ”Marcella!! My girl, I have returned unharmed as I promised I would. Praise be to Njord!”[/]i] Dhaltuun feels the warmth of his familiar’s affection as he readies himself. [i]”Okay, girl. I need your eyes.” He then abandoned his own senses and uses Marcella’s eyes to take a fly by look at the behemoth. Using all his concentration, Dhaltuun directs her flight thru their bond while checking for zombies and/or an entry.


Jason yells to Dhaltuun and Esra as they board, "One of you take the turret, I'm getting us clear!


Esra will nod, responding mentally to Jason. Understood. It has been too long since I have used a weapon of this caliber. She pauses briefly as she slithers to the controls for the railgun, Psi-Swords flashing away as she takes the controls in two of her tentacles, her Psi-Shield remaining active just in case. She speaks out loud then, taking a moment to adjust to the controls. "I apologize for the mental intrusion. Habit." She hadn't looked at any of this thoughts, but it was still best to say she was sorry.

With that, she blasts readily at the encroaching zombies as needed.

----------

Rolls

Action 1: Fire the APC's railgun at encroaching zombies: 1d20+2 = 15 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.

Action 2: Fire the APC's railgun at encroaching zombies: 1d20+2 = 20 Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.

Action 3: Fire the APC's railgun at encroaching zombies: 1d20+2 = 21 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.

Action 4: Fire the APC's railgun at encroaching zombies: 1d20+2 = 16 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.

Action 5: Fire the APC's railgun at encroaching zombies: 1d20+2 = 8 Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.

Action 6: Fire the APC's railgun at encroaching zombies: 1d20+2 = 11 Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.

Action 7: Fire the APC's railgun at encroaching zombies: 1d20+2 = 10 Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.

Action 8: Fire the APC's railgun at encroaching zombies: 1d20+2 = 4 Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.

Action 9: Fire the APC's railgun at encroaching zombies: 1d20+2 = 22 - Nat 20! Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 * 2 = 20 M.D.
Esra Fallows - Just your friendly neighborhood Cyber-Knight!

Status
Personal M.D.C.: 36 / 74 M.D.C.
Cyber-Armor: 52 / 52 M.D.C. - A.R.: 16
Cyber-Knight Plate Armor: Critical Damage! / 65 M.D.C.
Psi-Shield: 80 / 80 M.D.C. - 10% of damage is dealt to shield if parry is successful
I.S.P.: 26 / 83
P.P.E.: 40 / 40

Current Conditions
Telepathy active (16 / 32 rounds left)
Telekinesis active - up to 300 lbs. (29 / 32 rounds left)
Psi-Shield active (77 / 80 rounds left)
Sixth Sense triggered! (No bonuses past 1st melee round.)
Combat Acrobatics - No penalty to strike while moving.
Basic Combat Awareness - Penalties to tech-laden opponent (single opponent).

Constant Effects
Horror Factor 14
User avatar
Esra Fallows
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:50 am

The Titan Rages
The Mechanic for his part raises the behemoth up to standing and proceeds to go to battle with one of the Zombies remaining, grabbing it up in the giant robotic fist and crushing the unlife out of it. These zombies seem to be made of sterner stuff, because even with thorough crushing, it still seems mobile and feebly beats on the metal hand crushing it. (-1 MDC)

Inside the Behemoth Hours is having a grand old time it seems. He's safe from danger but isn't quite sure where he's at in the giant exploratory robot. Questioning the voice at the other end of the speaker at least lets him know he's in safe hands. His observations bring him to the attention that he's likely on what most would call the crew deck. Several small cell-like doors line each side of the hall he stands in. It likely would make for cramped quarters, but he would guess that they'd only spend time sleeping here versus any real living. Hours finds what may have been a terminal, but some unknown force has removed it from the wall, leaving only a few trailing wires behind. And on quick inspection, a cat would find the air ducts a small place, no chance for a human.

Fast & Furious, with Rail Guns.
Jason begins to speed away while the others take over observation and gunnery. Dhaltuun see's the Zombies approaching, but is fairly certain they will never catch up with the APC. He concentrates on his Familiar and wills it to make a sweep of the Behemoth. It looks in rough shape, but in a strange way. While the Damage that is visible is extensive, a closer look shows it to more akin to salvage than battle damage. Like someone or something was taking the Behemoth apart piece by piece. He is greeted with the good news that the vehicles exterior seems to be Zombie free. Riding atop the pilot's compartment is the strange being known as the Mechanic, who seems to have leads running from the robot directly to him.

Ezra spools up the rail gun with an electric whine and begins chattering out high-speed ferrous bolts at the perusing zombies. These rounds hit rotting metal infused flesh by the dozens, tearing the creatures apart. By time her salvo is done the field is cleared of what remained, save for the one the Behemoth Explorer is crushing in it's giant fist.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:39 am

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 6
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20+4 = 7
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 88
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 19

Effects: Fully melded with Behemoth robot.
• +15% to all piloting rolls.
• Automatic robot or power armor combat elite with a melded robot/power armor.
• Equivalent of a universal head jack.
• Add +15% to all computer operation, programming and hacking rolls.
• Once a successful meld has been completed (done) Mech is the overriding force in control of the vehicle or machine and cannot be subverted or taken away.


Skills Roll | Pilot: RPA | Target: 87 | 1d100 = 53 | Success!
APM: 6 (Usually 7, reduced due to Behemoth getting 1/2 the number of attacks and bonuses from Robot Combat Elite: Heavy Ground Robots

I do not have the time for this.

The Mechanic is not happy with his position tucked in behind some armor plating on the 'neck' of the Behemoth, exposed but not at the same time. He isn't happy with it at all. He is still wearing his power armor, but with one arm removed and shoved into exposed circuitry where the leads connect to him. If someone looks closely they can see whomever this is has metallic skin.

The brutality of what follows is impressive.

No longer content with simply crushing the Zombie, he attempts to lift the Behemoth's massive claw hand -- zombie included, and simply pound it repeatedly into the ground until it stops moving.

Distractedly, giving it a low priority, he attempts to keep an eye on the internal sensors and what Hours is up to.

"You may call me Mech." The toneless, electronic voice sounds robotic over the Behemoth's internal speakers and the radio. It's just easier and less effort to transmit to both.

"I would suggest working your way to the cockpit. Please do not touch anything, and I will join you when I am able. I do not think going to the cargo bay alone is prudent."


There is a pause followed by a lurch in the deck plates as Mech attempts to just step on the zombie, alive or dead, and grind the Behemoth's huge armored heel down into the corpse.

"Please terminate that unit if it is still moving. Will head due south east by south east in a moment. Hours, I am attempting to open blast doors ahead of you and close them behind you for safety. Please follow."

Action #1: Pound zombie into ground | 1d20+7 = 8 | Damage: 3d6 = 12 | - Nat 1
Action #2: Talk to Hours.
Action #3: Pound zombie into ground | 1d20+7 = 19 | Damage: 3d6 = 7 |
Action #4: Step on zombie and grind foot down into it. | 1d20+7 = 8 | Damage: 2d6 = 8 | - Nat 1
Action #5: Check internal sensors for zombies
Action #6: Attempt to open doors to give Hours clear path to cockpit and close doors behind him.
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:52 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 40
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 12

Conditions:
PPE: 9/108 at the start of this post
H.P.: 44/44
S.D.C.: 64
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 100 / 200

Dhaltuun cancels his link to Marcella with a whispered ”Thank you, wee one!!”. He stows his railgun, drops his pack, and checks his super pistol. ”Jason, get me close to the legs. I am gonna go help our cowboy.” With a flick of his thumb, he keys his radio”Blue guy on top of behemoth is friendly..repeat friendly.”

Seeing Esra grab the railgun and mow down the zombies, he smiles ”Atta girl!! Nice shooting.” with that he prepares to “board” the Behemoth.

When close enough ((within 3o ft)), Dhaltuun throws his grappling hook at the knee area hoping to hook something so he can climb. ”all right. If I can hook somewhere close, I can climb to the knee and then throw again to climb to the hatch…..after that…we’ll see what happens.”

As he opens the door, Dhaltuun sees the ground rushing by and lets common sense kick in. ”Good point, Jason. Keep going!!” He then hangs on and lets Jason drive.
1d20+1 = 9
1d100 = 74
1d20+1 = 5
1d100 = 20
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conditions
PPE: 9 / 108
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 100 / 200
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: leprecoon99

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Perception:1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 48

((Pilot: Tanks & APCs--99% / 1d100 = 78 ))

Jason concentrates on finding a clear path through the debris of the city and getting about 5 miles from the zombies when he hears Hours on the radio.

Hours Williams wrote:"Sorry Jason, my vantage point isn't very good. With the help of my new friend in the cockpit, I am going to try and bypass the zombies around me and scout out the cargo bay. Maybe whatever's in there is the cause of them."


Jason considers for a moment that Hours is probably right and whatever the "bad thing" in the cargo bay is, is part of the zombie mess. Seeing how badly they got chewed up by the zombies they have run into so far....scouting alone is probably a really bad idea

The Mechanic wrote:"I would suggest working your way to the cockpit. Please do not touch anything, and I will join you when I am able. I do not think going to the cargo bay alone is prudent."
Jason smiles as The Mechanic beats him to mentioning it. The smile turns to a grin as the railgun turret begins indexing and firing. Now a couple minutes to get clear and we can get everyone on IT, whatever IT is.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Jason, get me close to the legs. I am gonna go help our cowboy.”
Say what? "Dhaltuun, I'm dodging debris and zombies at 45miles an hour and the Behemoth is also running. You want to jump from a moving APC to a moving leg on a running mech and climb said leg? You can do that?"

If Dhaltuun answers back that he is serious, Jason will maneuver next to the running Behemoth and try to hold the APC steady.
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

Armor: • Helmet: 35
• Arms (2): 18 each
• Legs (2): 30 each
• Main Body: 55
• Unisuit (underlining): 25
Weight: 12 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills and skills requiring dexterity

Image

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 280&t=7151
User avatar
Jason Long
Group Leader
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Esra Fallows » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:25 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 18
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 98
APM: 9
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 8


Esra will nod at Dhaltuun's comment. I have trained long with weapons such as this. With that she will relax, just a touch, but keep an eye out for any more hostile and fire upon zombies at will.

----------

Rolls

APM: 9

Action 1: Fire on any zombies as necessary with railgun: 1d20+2 = 15 Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.


Action 2: Fire on any zombies as necessary with railgun: 1d20+2 = 17 Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.

Action 3: Fire on any zombies as necessary with railgun: 1d20+2 = 12 Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.

Action 4: Fire on any zombies as necessary with railgun: 1d20+2 = 10 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.

Action 5: Fire on any zombies as necessary with railgun: 1d20+2 = 7 Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.


Action 6: Fire on any zombies as necessary with railgun: 1d20+2 = 20 Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.


Action 7: Fire on any zombies as necessary with railgun: 1d20+2 = 17 Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.

Action 8: Fire on any zombies as necessary with railgun: 1d20+2 = 12 Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.


Action 9: Fire on any zombies as necessary with railgun: 1d20+2 = 7 Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.

Auto-Parries with Psi-Shield: 1d20+12 = 13 - Nat 1! ; 1d20+12 = 22 ; 1d20+12 = 18 ; 1d20+12 = 22 ; 1d20+12 = 29 ; 1d20+12 = 31 ; 1d20+12 = 23 ; 1d20+12 = 30 ; 1d20+12 = 21
Esra Fallows - Just your friendly neighborhood Cyber-Knight!

Status
Personal M.D.C.: 36 / 74 M.D.C.
Cyber-Armor: 52 / 52 M.D.C. - A.R.: 16
Cyber-Knight Plate Armor: Critical Damage! / 65 M.D.C.
Psi-Shield: 80 / 80 M.D.C. - 10% of damage is dealt to shield if parry is successful
I.S.P.: 26 / 83
P.P.E.: 40 / 40

Current Conditions
Telepathy active (16 / 32 rounds left)
Telekinesis active - up to 300 lbs. (29 / 32 rounds left)
Psi-Shield active (77 / 80 rounds left)
Sixth Sense triggered! (No bonuses past 1st melee round.)
Combat Acrobatics - No penalty to strike while moving.
Basic Combat Awareness - Penalties to tech-laden opponent (single opponent).

Constant Effects
Horror Factor 14
User avatar
Esra Fallows
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Hours Williams » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:59 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 36
APM: 4
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 7

Hours will attempt to listen at the doors to the rooms for any signs of activity and note them for later.

The Mechanic wrote:"You may call me Mech." The toneless, electronic voice sounds robotic over the Behemoth's internal speakers and the radio. It's just easier and less effort to transmit to both.

"I would suggest working your way to the cockpit. Please do not touch anything, and I will join you when I am able. I do not think going to the cargo bay alone is prudent."


There is a pause followed by a lurch in the deck plates as Mech attempts to just step on the zombie...

"Please terminate that unit if it is still moving. Will head due south east by south east in a moment. Hours, I am attempting to open blast doors ahead of you and close them behind you for safety. Please follow."


"Alrighty Mech, lead the way." Hours pulls the BB-6 from his back, "Hello old friend." The cowboy will stand clear of the doorways when they open and pass though once his is happy that there is nothing in the other room waiting to kill him. If there is, he will shout for Mech to close that door.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)


Image
User avatar
Hours Williams
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:20 pm

On the Road
The APC darts among the rubble leaving the Behemoth behind. Jason finds fourty-five miles per hour is a bit too fast and brings it back to a reasonable twenty miles per hour. Inside the APC everyone is carefully trying to move around the interior of the APC to find either seats or move closer for conversation. Kilo calmly sits one one of the benches smiling to himself.

Puny Zombie
The Mechanic thrashes the Zombie in hand finally causing the rotten corpse to fall apart finally. Inside The Mechanic opens a door allowing Hours to make his way up from his current location. Each open doorway shows Hours hallways and access ladders with spotty lighting that make his lizard brain scream of dangers that never come. Eventually Hours finds himself in the cockpit. No pilot can be seen in the cockpit...
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 5
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 84
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 14

Skills:
Paramedic 45% / 1d100 = 97 = FAIL

Dhaltuun moves next to Esra. ”How are ye holding up, lass?” He sends his thoughts to her ” If I may, I will check your injuries?” Dhaltuun then whispers prayers and praises to Njord as he tries to fix his friend. After trying modern medicine, Dhaltuun will use his last bit of magic, to try a healing spell. With a small laugh to himself, he thinks "What am i doing? That basic spell wont help her. i will fix me instead." ((Light Healing)). To Esra, "i am sorry m'lady. My basic spell wont help one as tough as you." ((OOC: Light healing only does SDC not MDC))

Healing Roll: 1d6 = 4 sdc

Once finished with Esra, Dhaltuun sits and closes his eyes. ”Marcella? You ok, my girl? Keep up with us, and when we stop we will see each other again. Be safe out there.” He knows he doesn’t have to worry, but she is the missing piece of his heart.

Feeling the returned affection, Dhaltuun then plays back the action below ground in his head. ”Man I need some new moves. I am great against a mugger or burglar, but useless against zombies?? Maybe there will be something in town.” Dhaltuun raises his voice a little, so he can be heard by all in the APC. ’Where can I go to learn new hand to hand moves? That mess *jerks thumb back towards the ruins* taught me I need to improve my fight skills.
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Conditions
PPE: 9 / 108
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 100 / 200
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: leprecoon99

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 19
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 18
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 21
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 18

Effects: Fully melded with Behemoth robot.
• +15% to all piloting rolls.
• Automatic robot or power armor combat elite with a melded robot/power armor.
• Equivalent of a universal head jack.
• Add +15% to all computer operation, programming and hacking rolls.
• Once a successful meld has been completed (done) Mech is the overriding force in control of the vehicle or machine and cannot be subverted or taken away.

Skills Roll | Pilot: RPA | Target: 87 | 1d100 = 18| Success!

The Mechanic isn't an individual who wastes a lot of time.

With bits of zombie still clinging to the Behemoth's fist he turns it laboriously to follow after Jason and the APC, stopping a mile or two away.

The beast has been damaged badly, but he keeps it in an ungainly run, and Hours will have the odd experience of watching the screens change like someone is sitting in the pilot's seat but they are not.

After he gets the Behemoth stopped, Mech parks it in a crouch.

"Ahem. I would reccomend we gather at the feet of the Behemoth. I will be down in three minutes. Hours, please proceed carefully but if you follow along the deck to the lift you should be able to reach it."

He will keep an eye on Hours and then send the elevator to the ground when he reaches it.

Mech then begins the process of unwinding himself from it; retracting his tendrils and letting his senses get adjusted to the world again and after putting his gauntlet back into place hops the grease hawk down and lands carefully between the Behemoth's legs to await the rest of teh Templar.

His power armor looks well maintained, though it's painted a pretty unflattering pale green color. There is not a single marking on it and it looks to be a NG Blue Hawk but the forearms are completely different, bearing an assortment of tools and what looks like a diagnostic kit.

If anyone happens to recognize it, someone has adapted the special parts of the NG Grease Monkey to a Blue Hawk frame.

The armor's avian head turns left and right, looking over people and things and keeping an eye out for any hostiles.

"My name is Mech. Officially, The Mechanic. That is my appellation and I am not attempting to be evasive. I am a freelancer, but have worked for Northern Gun most recently. I was surprised to see others here and this is rather a prime piece of salvage we have all gotten shares of -- but there is much to be done. I need time to assess the damage and prepare it for transport and there is.... something ugly in the cargo bay. I can open the bay from the ground, if we have options to come from an unexpected direction... but I am not the combatant here. I repair things and try to avoid breaking them.

How do we wish to handle this?"


The green painted hawk's arms cross.

Of note is that his voice is emotionless and toneless, almost electronic in nature, though that may well be the armor's speakers.
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:58 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 82

Jason pulls the APC up behind the Behemoth. He looks at the unfamiliar mech, trying to determine where the cargo bay access is. He will place the APC so that the rail-gun turret can bear on the cargo bay, in case something nasty pokes its hear out.

"OK, folks, all out. Let's meet up with the others and see what surprises are in the Behemoth." Jason changes out of the Southern Cross armor into the BA-26 armor and reloads his Super 10 with MD rounds. He also reloads the Thundergun and checks the mag in his NG-45LP. Suitably re-equipped Jason gets out of the APC and closes the ramp. He want's to make sure that there won't be any zombies wandering in like last time. He then lights up a cigar and heads over to the others.

The Mechanic wrote:"My name is Mech. Officially, The Mechanic. That is my appellation and I am not attempting to be evasive. I am a freelancer, but have worked for Northern Gun most recently. I was surprised to see others here and this is rather a prime piece of salvage we have all gotten shares of -- but there is much to be done. I need time to assess the damage and prepare it for transport and there is.... something ugly in the cargo bay. I can open the bay from the ground, if we have options to come from an unexpected direction... but I am not the combatant here. I repair things and try to avoid breaking them.

How do we wish to handle this?"


"Ok, boys and girls. Quick introductions for our new friend, then lets clear the Behemoth. I am Jason Long, leader of the Templar. I am a soldier and mech driver. We have been contracted to rescue and recover an expedition that was investigating that site back there. The Behemoth is part of the contract. My guess is that the research team breached something long buried. They moved the artifacts to the Behemoth and the evil spread from there. From the speed of those zombies, we have a little time, but not much. Another point is that, if whatever is in the cargo created those zombies, it could create them from the corpses in this area. I suggest we hurry. "

Jason gives the others a chance to introduce themselves before continuing. " Before we open the cargo bay up, Does anyone have any abilities for containing or sealing artifacts or spirits? I know I'm probably not using the right terminology. But if the researchers unsealed something that is creating these zombies, can anyone re-seal it? Or is our best bet to just blow it to hell?"
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

Armor: • Helmet: 35
• Arms (2): 18 each
• Legs (2): 30 each
• Main Body: 55
• Unisuit (underlining): 25
Weight: 12 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills and skills requiring dexterity

Image

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 280&t=7151
User avatar
Jason Long
Group Leader
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:26 am

All around the Watch Tower
+250 XP if the whole group posts before Tuesday, 11/14/17.

The group takes several minutes to maneuver itself around, eventually finding a clearing approximately two miles from the battle site. During this trip Dhaltuun attempts to heal Esra, but finds his spell ineffective for the job and his medical skills lacking in knowledge of her species. Esra for he part seems content that she is alive and that none of the team seems dead. Once the APC is stopped Jason takes the time to change armor and reload/reequip himself.

Hours is given very specific instructions on how to leave the Behemoth without going through the Cargo bay, and eventually finds his way onto the rubble strewn clearing with his companions a short distance away. Eventually The whole group meets up and discusses the matter at hand, something evil is in the cargo hold of the Behemoth and no one knows what it is. Jason lays out a very basic plan while asking the others if they have any knowledge of dealing with such things or other input.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 16
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 23
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 21

Jason
"Ok, boys and girls. Quick introductions for our new friend, then lets clear the Behemoth. I am Jason Long, leader of the Templar. I am a soldier and mech driver. We have been contracted to rescue and recover an expedition that was investigating that site back there. The Behemoth is part of the contract. My guess is that the research team breached something long buried. They moved the artifacts to the Behemoth and the evil spread from there. From the speed of those zombies, we have a little time, but not much. Another point is that, if whatever is in the cargo created those zombies, it could create them from the corpses in this area. I suggest we hurry. "


Dhaltuun nods as their leader speaks. ”I wonder what they found. Njord bless us with the wisdom to safely finish this and the bravery to kill whatever tries to interfere.” As Jason pauses, Dhaltuun sticks out his hand in greeting. ”My name be Dhaltuun, of the Onyxforge clan, out of Titusville. I am a servant of Njord, father of the seas. I am a novice mage.” He pauses as he sticks his arm out, after a moment, an osprey lands on his arm. ”This is my best friend, Marcella ((Pronounced Marc-ella)).”

http://www.cjoy.com/syn/72/38729/hillside-lineup

Jason
Jason gives the others a chance to introduce themselves before continuing. " Before we open the cargo bay up, Does anyone have any abilities for containing or sealing artifacts or spirits? I know I'm probably not using the right terminology. But if the researchers unsealed something that is creating these zombies, can anyone re-seal it? Or is our best bet to just blow it to hell?"


Dhaltuun stands quietly petting his favorite bird, listening. ”I may have some magic that may help, but I am out of juice. If we need magical support, I need a ley line…a nexus would be better, but too far away. If we can make a quick trip vso I can fill up on juice, then we can do both. If my magic cant contain it then we blow it the f%^k up.” ”Njord, grant me the power to smite this foul evil.”

After all this talking, Dhaltuun moves near Esra. ”I am sorry m’lady. My inexperience has the better of me. I promise to improve so I can help more next time.” With a small bow, he moves off to the side, sitting down with his back against the APC, Dhaltuun thinks ”what should I use? I should wait and see what the object is before I decide. With Njord’s blessing, I can do this.”
Conditions
PPE: 9 / 108
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 100 / 200
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: leprecoon99

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 53

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun stands quietly petting his favorite bird, listening. ”I may have some magic that may help, but I am out of juice. If we need magical support, I need a ley line…a nexus would be better, but too far away. If we can make a quick trip vso I can fill up on juice, then we can do both. If my magic cant contain it then we blow it the f%^k up.” ”Njord, grant me the power to smite this foul evil.”


"Does anyone else have any suggestions? Mech, has there been any activity from the thing in the cargo bay and are there any cameras or other sensors covering the bay so we can get a look at what is in there? If not, here's what I'm thinking. We keep moving away from the zombies, towards a ley line, so Dhaltuun can recover his magic. If there are any, and I mean ANY, signs of activity from whatever the thing in the cargo bay is, then the Behemoth stops and backs away from the ley line. I don't want things to get worse because we brought a weak magic thing somewhere it can get a power boost. "

The very thought of strengthening something that made the zombies sends a shiver down Jason's spine. "I am not the most knowledgeable regarding magic, so if anyone has some insights, don't hold back. "

Jason smokes his cigar, waiting for the input from the rest of the team.
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

Armor: • Helmet: 35
• Arms (2): 18 each
• Legs (2): 30 each
• Main Body: 55
• Unisuit (underlining): 25
Weight: 12 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills and skills requiring dexterity

Image

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 280&t=7151
User avatar
Jason Long
Group Leader
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 11
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 3
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 32
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 20

The head of the power armor swivels it's avian head to peer at Jason for a few seconds, while the being within collects his thoughts.

"I do not think it is worth it in this case to take the time to explore unknown ground to search for a potential possible source of ley line that may have it's own enemies and require the expenditure of more energy."

Mech is unapologetic for his analysis, though delivers it without any gloating either. It is an expressionless, toneless delivery.

"Sensors are not working in that area. I would sooner open the bay, tip the Behemoth until it empties and deal with the problem on the ground or coax it out of the cargo bay. Whatever it is, it is malignant, and waiting even a small time may have unknown consequences."

Then, the avian head nods to the dwarf.

"It was not my intention to be difficult or unfriendly. Hello."

Power armor is indeed capable of shaking hands, which he will do.

"The longer we wait the worse it is likely to be. May I recommend mustering your team and we will get the violence over with?"
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Hours Williams » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 10

Hours finally reaches the cockpit to find nothing, "What the...?"

The Mechanic wrote:"Ahem. I would reccomend we gather at the feet of the Behemoth. I will be down in three minutes. Hours, please proceed carefully but if you follow along the deck to the lift you should be able to reach it."


"Son of a bitch. Why didn't you tell me that sooner?" Hours makes his way to the lift and down. once outside he heads over to the group. Seeing the power armor, "I guess that's the new guy. In that suit I can't tell if it's a D-bee or not. Guess it makes no difference really, he did save my hide in there."

"Hi ya Mech, I'm Hours."

After Mech lays out his reasoning the cowboy pipes up, "I've got to agree with Flint Iron-stag here, if whatever is in the cargo bay is magic in nature, getting it closer to a ley line is just going to make our job tougher."
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)


Image
User avatar
Hours Williams
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:13 am

A Meeting of the minds

The group gathered at the base of the Behemoth, talk over their next step. It's universally agreed that whatever evil is in the cargo area of the Behemoth, needs dealing with. The group though seems to be unable to come to a consensus, as to how to go about it. Dhaltuun wants to find a ley line to recharge his energies, but is fairly certain that bringing the Behemoth near a ley line may prove problematic for the team as whatever is inside could become more powerful on a ley line.

Jason suggests moving towards the ley line anyways, and keeping a careful watch on whatever is in the cargo bay, the Mechanic counters with the information that the cargo area is a giant blind spot, no sensors or cameras in there to identify the threat. Only a gut feeling, that anyone with magical, psionic, and Mechanic can sense in their bones/core as a malignancy emanating from that portion of the Behemoth. (GM Note: There are no Zombies seen, nor were their any left alive as far as Jason could tell as the group had left the area. ~Consumer.)

Not having any other real arguments the team moves forward with the plan of finding a ley line, even if it's only to park far away from it and allow Dhaltuun to recharge. With Mechanic helming the Behemoth that leaves the others able to ride in the APC, where they find Kilo passed out on one of the benches, his snores more than a little frightening. Ezra finds a seat near the back and goes into what most people would guess was a meditative stance, likely trying to recover from the last few minutes trauma.

Lucky for the group, Dhaltuun is able to find a short thin ley line approximately a two miles north east of the groups last position. And with the Behemoth parked a little over a mile away any fear of the ley line effecting what's in the cargo bay is dealt with.

(GM Note. Dhaltuun, You can draw 40 P.P.E. per minute, and may draw up to double your P.P.E. total from the line. Let me know how long you'll be staying at the line. Also it takes you about 3 minutes to walk to the ley line. ~Consumer.)
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 4 = 16
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 = 3 / 1d100 = 10 = 23
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 9 = 21

Lucky for the group, Dhaltuun is able to find a short thin ley line approximately a two miles north east of the groups last position. And with the Behemoth parked a little over a mile away any fear of the ley line effecting what's in the cargo bay is dealt with.


Dhaltuun double checks his utility belt, and calls down Marcella. ”I will only need about 10 - 15 mins to fill up and return, or a little longer if i am okay to take the time to make a couple spheres of juice. I fiqure a half hour max.” He will give a nod to the others and head out. As he exits, he instructs his beauty ”Stay here. If I get in trouble, tell the others and head to me, let them follow.” He watches her fly up to a branch of a nearby tree.. With a quick thought ”Esra, if I get in trouble, me girl, Marcella, will let you know and then lead y’all to me.”

Once a few yards away from the others, he transforms to monkey form and moves as fast as he can to the ley line. Dhaltuun finds himself a good spot, and prepares to absorb ALOT of juice. He kneels down facing the direction of the setting sun, after becoming a dwarf again. ”Mighty Njord, Hear me! I beseech you to give me the juice I need to assist my new friends. Let me show the unknown evil the power of your blessing.” He fills himself to maximum (216 PPE) in about 5 mins, then he casts Energy Sphere and fills it with 300 PPE, this takes another 5 mins, then fills himself once more for another 5 mins. As soon as he is filled up and has his sphere over his right shoulder, Dhaltuun heads back to the group.

”Ready when you are. Juiced and good to go.” Dhaltuun will move to stand ready with super laser in hand.


I will remain gone for 20 mins (including travel)
can hold 216 max.for 69 rounds / 17 mins
Conditions
PPE: 9 / 108
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 100 / 200
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: leprecoon99

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:20 pm

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 8
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 19
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 51
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 10

Mech is pleased to move the Behemoth from the cockpit this time.

It's a tight fit to get his power armor in there and not have to merge with the robot again with the Templar staring at him all the while, but he manages it for the limited amount of time it takes.

He stands by the foot of the Behemoth, the Grease Hawk's head tracking Jason as he moves.

After Dhal has been gone for a few minutes, he asks the tanker:

"I hope they are paying you well to return this." The Grease Hawk's speakers emit. "This one is now in rough shape, but it is nothing that time and effort cannot mend. It is worth many millions of credits. By all means, keep your word if you have been contracted to bring it back ... but if you have not, at least a share of it is mine at the moment."

The power armor actually manages to shrug, the pilot that fluid with the controls.

"It seems fair? We would not have gotten it out of there without each other. Anyway, it matters not except that if given the choice, I would sooner keep this machine."

The Grease Hawk looks away from Jason, and up along the Behemoth's body and surveys the damage one more time.

Then it looks back at him, crosses it's arms and Mech's voice seems very sure of his next statement:

"I /can/ fix this. It will take time, money and effort, but I can repair this. Perhaps you may consider keeping it and I will remain in your company at least until repairs are completed -- with the acknowledgement that when I depart...."

He looks around to count. "There is you, the dwarf, the reptilian, Hours, and .."

The armor leans as The Mechanic inside peers.

"Didn't you have a brute with you? I only saw him briefly."

He continues:

"That means I own at least one sixth of the Behemoth if you choose to keep it. I'll stay with it and if I ever leave your organization you buy me out for that amount. If I am terminated while in your employ, that amount is to be donated to a charity of my choice. In return, I offer my services as a mechanic. It is not an understatement to say that if it is a machine, I can repair it. I am also capable of piloting any kind of robot combat vehicle or power armor at elite level performance. I intend to stay with you at least until the Behemoth is repaired and if you choose to keep it instead of sell it, I may keep around as it's caretaker."

"I have been .... stuck in a rut, for a time., I need to settle into one place and a project. So, what do you say?"

The Grease Hawk thrusts it's hand out for Jason to shake.
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest