Two Claws comes to the Farm.

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Consumer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:58 am

The road out of Merctown is crowded, as the transient population of the Mercenary Free State continues to move ever in flux. A very confusing concept that takes professors specialized in esoteric fields quite some time to figure out why it works that way. The trip from MercTown proper and this farm is relatively uneventful, as the area around MercTown seems very well defended. Two Claws is not to shocked to see a fully functioning farm so near a town the size of MercTown, as even the big city needs to eat.

It seems rather quiet at the farm, but Two Claws does see someone sitting on the front porch of what appears to be the living area of the farm. Upon approach the older human male smiles and waves. "Howdy, what can I do for you miss?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Two Claws » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 50

As Two Claws walks a little further towards the older male, she raises her hand in response and gives a hearty smile. “ʔi čəxʷ, ʔəsčal čəxʷ. Oh, sorry about that, it's a force of habit. Let me try that again. Hello, how are you? The waitress up at the Job Market Café in Merctown said that there might be a group around here that possibly has work for someone of my skill set. Is that true or have I been misinformed?“ Stopping a few feet away from the man, as a sign of caution and a non aggressive stance. Two Claws takes the momemts leading up to the older man's response to glance about and memorize the layout of the farm.
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Consumer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Old Man had a Farm

The old man chuckles. "Oh you've come to the right place. Though they're not here at the present... I think their up north in Canada or somewhere thereabouts." The old man says. The man eases himself off the porch. "I'm Jacob, I work for them. I'm a farmer and a handyman of sorts." The old man smiles. "While I'm not able to hire you per say. I do have need of an adventuring type if your interested. Might tide you over till they return even. I've been having issues with something getting into the fields. At first I thought it was an animal, but the other day I found what I think are footprints, and I'll be honest I ain't never seen a coyote wearing boots." Jacob says, pointing out into the field. "I have some money I can give you and I can arrange for a place to sleep while you're working here. I'm sure the Templar will get you set up with better accommodations once you've got hired by them. So what do you think?"

Image
Jacob Philips; Farmer/Handyman

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Two Claws » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:34 pm

-> Rolls Carried Over <-
”It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Jacob. My name is Two Claws.” Two Claws extends her hand out to shake Jacob's hand. ”The arrangement sounds just fine. I am certain that I can solve your dilemma in reasonable amount of time. I have a few questions, if you don’t mind answering them before I get started.”. Two Claws pauses for a moment to allow Jacob to give his permission to ask her questions. Giving a quick smile and nod before continuing on. ”First, do the vandal or vandals come every night? Second, how would you like the vandal or vandals to be dealt with? And lastly do you have a place where I can wash up at?” Two Claws looks down at her clothes and gives the a few attempts to knock off all the dirt and dust before look back at Jacob.
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Consumer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Two Claws wrote:-> Rolls Carried Over <-
”It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Jacob. My name is Two Claws.” Two Claws extends her hand out to shake Jacob's hand. ”The arrangement sounds just fine. I am certain that I can solve your dilemma in reasonable amount of time. I have a few questions, if you don’t mind answering them before I get started.”. Two Claws pauses for a moment to allow Jacob to give his permission to ask her questions. Giving a quick smile and nod before continuing on. ”First, do the vandal or vandals come every night? Second, how would you like the vandal or vandals to be dealt with? And lastly do you have a place where I can wash up at?” Two Claws looks down at her clothes and gives the a few attempts to knock off all the dirt and dust before look back at Jacob.


Jacob chuckles at Two Claws, a clearly friendly tone. "Please do ask your questions." Jacob says before Two Claws continues. "Hmm.. Let me see if I remember the details. I don't think they come every night maybe two three times a week. Oh I'd rather you not kill them, but the state of the world sometimes makes that impossible, so use your best judgement I suppose. As for washing up, Yeah we have something that should help." Jacob gets up from his spot on the porch and leads the young native into the main house. "We don't have anything fancy like indoor plumbing but I have a basin and water, and if you need your clothes cleaned I can see if Clara can tend to your clothes if you'd like. Though I assume they'll likely get dirty again in your search for the vandals." Jacob leads Two Claws to a room that looks like it was a bedroom. On a dresser sits a basin with a pitcher of water and a few towels next to it.

Once Two Claws is cleaned up enough for her liking, Jacob is jound waiting for her in the other room. "I'll show you where the last theft happened." Jacob said as he leads Two Claws out to the field and shows her and area of crops that appears to have partially trampled and partially harvested, badly. "I'll leave you to it, just come up to the house if you need anything or get hungry." Jacob says before he heads back to the house, leaving Two Claws alone with her task.

Make at least a Tracking roll here. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Two Claws » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Perception : 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 50

After washing up Two Claws leaves most of her gear in the room provided. Only taking her obsidian lnofe and long bow. Afterwards Two Claws joins Jacob in the other room where he is waiting. Following Jacob back on to field where the vandals where known to be at last.”Thank you. I'll get to work right away.” Two Claws tells Jacob, as he walks back to the house. Two Claws then turns her attention back to the set of track and damaged crops. Using her heightened senses to see if Two Claws can smell or see anything out of the ordinary. She then tries to determine how many and from what direction the vandals came from. ( Track: People 47% / 1d100 = 73 ).
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Consumer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Two Claws looks about the trampled farm area and quickly spots several tracks, some are to be expected, rabbits and deer, but a pair of tracks belonging to a humanoid with small bare feet stand out. Two Claws wastes no time in following the tracks as they kind of meander through the crops, eventually leaving the farm proper and heading into the hills nearby. After a few minutes of walking, Two Claws begins to find evidence that there is some manner of creatures living nearby as she can hear their high pitched conversation from her spot on the other side of the hill.


What do you do?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Two Claws » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:53 am

Perception : 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 9

Upon hearing the some type of creature from the other side of the hill, Two Claws hunkers down and proceeds up the hill in cautious manner ( Prowl 49% / 1d100 = 49 ). Not knowing whether or not the creatures making the sound are hostile Two Claws draws her bow but quickly realizes that she for got to pick up some arrow the last time she was in town. Not worrying too much about not have any arrows, she puts her vow away and draws her knife. If things get messy, it just mean it will have to get personal. Upon cresting the top of the hill, Two Claws stops and peers around to plan her next course of actions.
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Consumer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:59 pm

How Lobberly.
Two Claws approaches unseen by the creatures below, her cat like reflexes keeping her foot falls silent and unseen. As Two Claws crests the hill and looks down into the hollow, she spies the a trio of short hunched humanoids, their heads are large and gourd-shaped with broad pointed ears, they have red eyes and mouths full of jagged broken teeth. Their clothing is a collection of rags and leather with a few pieces of salvaged armor, while their weapons seem to be made of scrap metal and re-purposed farm equipment. One of the creatures seems to be armed with a battered looking rifle.

Two Claws can see several burlap sacks of food stuffs and random farm tools piled under a tree, and several chickens hobbled in a makeshift pen. Whatever language they speak, Two Claws is unsure, it's high pitched and fast paced.

There and Back Again?
Rufus looks down the dirt path to the Farm, its been a long few days since he was asked to help at the Collegiate. Rufus is humoured at the situation, but has been sworn to secrecy as to what he's been up to. The buildings ahead look much like Rufus last saw it save for some repairs have been done on the buildings. Sitting on the porch is an old black farmer who'm Rufus vaguely remembers is named Jacob.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Rufus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55/44%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 66

Consumer wrote:Rufus looks down the dirt path to the Farm, its been a long few days since he was asked to help at the Collegiate. Rufus is humored at the situation, but has been sworn to secrecy as to what he's been up to. The buildings ahead look much like Rufus last saw it save for some repairs have been done on the buildings. Sitting on the porch is an old black farmer whom Rufus vaguely remembers is named Jacob.


Rufus chuckles to himself as he re-lives the events of the past few days in his mind. He may not be able to talk about it, but nobody said anything against thinking about it. Rufus is of the mindset that it's always good to keep revisiting things in your mind if you want to remember it -- especially if you have trouble understanding it at first. And that whole affair definitely needs a good bit of post-event pondering to fully wrap his head around it. Besides, the mental image of that instance with Lithalomir and the bowl of guacamole is NEVER getting old... he muses as his chuckle erupts into a full-blown belly laugh. "Just another day in the Guild, I guess..." he says out loud to nobody in particular. "Kjer se lahko kaj zgodi. Where anything can happen -- and it usually does."

He waves to Jacob as he approaches the house. "Zdravo, friend! How are you today?" He scans the farm but doesn't see any trace of the others. "Have the rest of the group made it back yet, do you know? I got... sidetracked... with an emergency and got dropped off back in MercTown instead." He pauses a moment. "Anything interesting happen while we've been gone? And what new flavors has Carny worked up in the meantime?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Two Claws » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:10 am

Perception : 1d20 = 11
JIC: [dice[1d20[/dice]
JIC: 1d100 = 17

Sitting quietly on top of the hill, Two Claws watches the trio of humanoids go about their business. Two Claws tires to figure out what type of creature she is dealing with by listening to their sounds od speech and mannerisms of their interactions. ( Lore: Demons and Monsters 57% / 1d100 = 89) Pushing back the urge to just break cover and charge. It has bee a few day since Two Claws had a good skirmish and she is getting anxious. Having given her word to Jacob not to kill as the first option, so she decided to tail them and see where they are coming from and possibly if there are any more. (Tailing 52% / 1d100 = 41 ; Prowl 49% / 1d100 = 43)
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Consumer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:23 pm

There and Back Again?

Jacob waves back, Rufus can tell the man doesn't understand all the words coming out of the Kankoran mouth, but he seems to understand the tone for sure. Jacob nods and waves back. "Mr. Rufus nice to see you again. Interesting, no not much, I got the majority of the damages fixed up though I've been having an issue with some thieves. I think it might be some goblinoids, but haven't caught them. A young woman came a while earlier, I think Fixer sent her to see if you all were hiring. Since I had the issue, I sent her off to look into it. She's been gone a few hours now, I figure she's found there hideout by now... so she'll likely be back in a short while. Oh Carny, I may have turned him off only due to not having the time to keep up with his mischief. He's stored in the Barn at the moment. So are you back to stay, or are you heading to join the others?" Jacob says with an obvious country drawl. As far as Rufus can tell the old man is right in the notion that the damages to the buildings has been patched up, some even looking like they've had improvements (Ie. fresh paint and real maintenance) to them, all in all the farm looks ready to be transformed into a right proper base for the Templar of MercTown.


How Lobberly

Two claws sits quietly on the rise above the small misshapen creatures, she comes to two conclusions, first they do not seem to be going anywhere as she has likely found their camp. Secondly Two Claws is pretty sure that these creatures are dumb, as she watches one of them start gnawing on a rock when obvious food is nearby, while the other two begin yelling at each other long enough to get into a fight, which illicits a laugh from the third who then starts choking on the rock he was chewing on. The other two creatures brawl basically rolls over the third, inadvertently saving it, as it retches up the stone. This leaves Two Claws in the classic conundrum of hunting... Continue to wait or expose herself to deal with them.

What are your Intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Two Claws » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:24 am

Perception : 1d100 = 34 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 4

Two Claws waits a moment longer to ponder her next move. In the next moment Two Claws tightens her grip on her knife, adjusts her balance with her legs and lowers her center of gravity in preparation of a surprise leap. With one last breath and a final shift, she leaps forward, aiming for the middle of the trio. In mid flight Two Claws lets out a war cry. When Two Claws lands on the ground, she raises her head and locks her gaze on to the first creature she sees. A wide berth grin grows across her face and excitement swells in her belly. Two Claws waits to see if the trio of creatures take flight or if they stay and fight. Anxious for a fight but trying not to break her word to Jacob.
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Consumer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:12 am

A new Beginning

Fixer was a strange man all things considered, he had a wealth of power, but chose the lifestyle he lives. Some would call him frugal, others would call him insane. For Dexter, he was hoping that at the very least he could call him right. Fixer had given the dwarf techno-wizard a hand scrawled map and the notion that one of the many groups in MercTown was likely hiring. This is what brought him and his Mountaineer ATV to the dirt drive up to what seems to be a farm. From his perch in the cockpit of the vehicle, Dexter can barely make out two people talking near the front of what is likely the main living quarters on this particular farm.

What are your Intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73/ 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines, or their combinations
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 98

Dexter Portlywright sits in his ATV, after cruising along the road leading up to farm. Checking the hand scrawled map again to make sure he got the directions right. Barely making out two figures, in apparent conversation, Dexter pulls himself out if the cab of his ATV. Meticulously knocking off the dust from the short drive from town, he grabs his top hat and squarely places it on top of his head. Pulling out a half lit cigar and lighting it up, he stops to compose himself before introducing himself.

Alright lad, time for some razzel dazzel. New employers ‘n all Gotta empress these bunch of folk. I hope the got some excitement for me and some ale. Grimmey, your gett’n off track now. Impress. Impress. Impress.

Dexter makes his way towards the two figures near the living quarters. He takes several more puffs off his cigar to help clam his nerves. Looking himself over one last time before he closes the last few feet between him and the two figures. ”Morn'n lads, how you fine folk be doing to day? The name's Dexter Portlywright. Frien's just call me Dex, for short. No pun intended, Eh.” Dex chuckles a few times at his own joke. ”Pleasure to meet ya' two. Heard you be lookin' fur some work, then I'm your man. I'm hard workn', trustworthy and sometimes a little funny.”
Wardrobe & Grooming 58% / 1d100 = 64
Charm/Impress: 30% / 1d100 = 51
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 57
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Rufus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 31

Consumer wrote:Jacob waves back, Rufus can tell the man doesn't understand all the words coming out of the Kankoran’s mouth, but he seems to understand the tone for sure. Jacob nods and waves back. "Mr. Rufus nice to see you again. Interesting, no not much, I got the majority of the damages fixed up though I've been having an issue with some thieves. I think it might be some goblinoids, but haven't caught them. A young woman came a while earlier, I think Fixer sent her to see if you all were hiring. Since I had the issue, I sent her off to look into it. She's been gone a few hours now, I figure she's found there hideout by now... so she'll likely be back in a short while. Oh Carny, I may have turned him off only due to not having the time to keep up with his mischief. He's stored in the Barn at the moment. So are you back to stay, or are you heading to join the others?" Jacob says with an obvious country drawl. As far as Rufus can tell the old man is right in the notion that the damages to the buildings has been patched up, some even looking like they've had improvements (Ie. fresh paint and real maintenance) to them, all in all the farm looks ready to be transformed into a right proper base for the Templar of MercTown.


“Sorry, friend, I keep forgetting not everyone’s fluent in Lupino…” Rufus laughs. Zdravo is a greeting, like ‘hello’ or ‘wassup’ or something like that.” He glances at the surrounding buildings as Jacob fills him in. “You’ve done wonders with the place, sir. I confess I had my doubts when I first laid eyes on it, but now it’s looking right comfortable. And it’s probably for the best that Carny got shut down for a while. I’ve been having some thoughts about that -- I think we might be able to reprogram him to curb some of his more… antisocial… behavior traits.”

At the mention of the young woman and the job he sent her off on, Rufus rubs his chin. “New recruit eh? I could go give her some backup if you’d like -- couldn’t be worse than trying to sneak into a Chinese restaurant, right?” He chuckles, but suddenly his ears start swiveling in the direction of the road. “Hold up, we’ve got company…” He turns his head to see a Mountaineer ATV pull up and a smartly-dressed dwarf climb down out of it. Well this should be interesting, he sniffs and picks up the scent of a cigar on the wind. Smells about like Jason’s brand. He’d probably love this guy. He’s clearly not the farmer type. New recruit? Salesman? Traveling performer?

Dexter Portlywright wrote:Dexter makes his way towards the two figures near the living quarters. He takes several more puffs off his cigar to help clam his nerves. Looking himself over one last time before he closes the last few feet between him and the two figures. ”Morn'n lads, how you fine folk be doing to day? The name's Dexter Portlywright. Frien's just call me Dex, for short. No pun intended, Eh.” Dex chuckles a few times at his own joke. ”Pleasure to meet ya' two. Heard you be lookin' fur some work, then I'm your man. I'm hard workn', trustworthy and sometimes a little funny.”


Rufus snorts at the pun as he steps off the porch. Zdravo, friend Dex, and welcome to the Templar farm. The gentleman here’s Jacob. I’m Rufus. We’re always on the lookout for those with good aim and a good heart to match, but you’ll need to chat it up with Officer Long when he gets back from the field to make it official. In the meantime, though… what’s your specialty? Aside of course from being hard-working, trustworthy and occasionally funny?"

((OOC: Rufus is a kankoran -- a humanoid fox -- standing about a foot taller than Dex and obviously dressed as a mage.))
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Consumer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Trouble with Goblins

Two Claws leaps with a warcry, landing in the middle of the fighting trio of goblins. They for their part scream in terror and begin to scatter, right towards their weapons. The largest of the three gets a hand on it's rifle and pulls the trigger while pointing at Two Claws. The gun dry clicks showing it's out of ammunition. The trio wail in terror unsure what to do. "NO KILL US!" Screams the goblin armed with the battered rifle.

A Meeting

Jacob chuckles at Rufus. "It's alright, I don't know a lot of things, I've never let it stop me from living life though." Jacob quiets when Rufus begins to talk to Dexter, nodding when he is introduced by Rufus. "Afternoon traveler." Jacob says with a smile on his face. Jacob hoists himself off of the stairs and seps down. "Mr. Rufus if you don't mind I have some work to attend to, if you need me I'll be in the second house." Jacob says as he heads off to another building on the farm, leaving Deter and Rufus alone together.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:14 am

Jacob wrote:"Afternoon traveler." Jacob says with a smile on his face. Jacob hoists himself off of the stairs and seps down. "Mr. Rufus if you don't mind I have some work to attend to, if you need me I'll be in the second house."


Dexter tips his hat to Jacob as he his introduced. ”Aye lad.” Adjusting his mustache a little before giving Jacob a hearty grin as Jacob excused himself. He seems like a nice gent. I should chat him up sometime when I get a free chance. I'm sure he’s got a lot of stories to tell.
Rufus wrote:Rufus snorts at the pun as he steps off the porch. “Zdravo, friend Dex, and welcome to the Templar farm. The gentleman here’s Jacob. I’m Rufus. We’re always on the lookout for those with good aim and a good heart to match, but you’ll need to chat it up with Officer Long when he gets back from the field to make it official. In the meantime, though… what’s your specialty? Aside of course from being hard-working, trustworthy and occasionally funny?"


”My specialty, eh? Well, for starters drinking and smoking, of course but that's kinda’ obvious. Then, I’m a pretty damn good mechanic. Ya' know repair, enhance, modify and even salvage materials from junk. Things of that nature. I also like combining technology with magic. That’s the main reason why I became a Techno-Wizard. Anything after that, I like to rely on my rugged good looks.” Finishing up the last of his words with a half assed sarcastic smile.
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Two Claws » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 91 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 56

Hearing the dry fire of the rifle Two Claws is overwhelmed with excitement. A diabolical smile come across her face. Taking a step towards the goblin holding the rifle and demanding in a stern and violent voice. ”Don't you ever attack the near by farm! Don't even come anywhere near here or I'll gut you like a fresh kill. Now be gone before I change my mind.”
That should take care of them. If not they won't be to hard to deal with. Besides I would lime them to come back so I can sharpen my skills. I know what will drive the nail into the coffin.

Two Claws cast Fear (5 P.P.E.) after she than transforms in her giant animal form (10 P.P.E.). When she is finished and if any of the goblins are still standing around then she will mock swipe at one. Also letting out a furious cat hiss.
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Rufus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 7

Consumer wrote:Jacob chuckles at Rufus. "It's alright, I don't know a lot of things, I've never let it stop me from living life though." Jacob quiets when Rufus begins to talk to Dexter, nodding when he is introduced by Rufus. "Afternoon traveler." Jacob says with a smile on his face. Jacob hoists himself off of the stairs and seps down. "Mr. Rufus if you don't mind I have some work to attend to, if you need me I'll be in the second house." Jacob says as he heads off to another building on the farm, leaving Deter and Rufus alone together.


Rufus bows slightly. "Sounds good. Do you know what direction this young woman of yours went?" Assuming Jacob gives him a direction, he nods. "Hvala vam, friend. We'll let you know what we find."

Dexter Portlywright wrote:”My specialty, eh? Well, for starters drinking and smoking, of course but that's kinda’ obvious. Then, I’m a pretty damn good mechanic. Ya' know repair, enhance, modify and even salvage materials from junk. Things of that nature. I also like combining technology with magic. That’s the main reason why I became a Techno-Wizard. Anything after that, I like to rely on my rugged good looks.” Finishing up the last of his words with a half assed sarcastic smile.


Rufus chuckles. "Well, never cared a lot for smoking myself as it fouls up the tracking..." he taps his nose, "but you're bound to hit it off with Officer Long with those. He's usually got one of those between his teeth too." At the mention of mechanics -- and especially Techno-Wizardry -- his ears prick up. "Really? You don't say? I studied magic at Lazlo and picked up some tech skills along the way, but was discouraged from studying Techno-Wizardry itself..." he rolls his eyes. "Not a 'properly respectable' discipline, they said. Not well-enough-established, they said." He lets out a small growl. "I'm actually rather jealous, my dapper friend -- and not because of the hat, either."

He shrugs. "Still, what do you say we shelf the shop talk for later and go help catch some thieves?" He waves for Dex to follow and sets off in the direction Jacob gave. As they walk across the farm, Rufus tries to pick up scents of goblin-like beings and unfamiliar humans. He also keeps his ears swiveling around trying to pick up sounds of goblins or scuffles.

1d100 = 58/52% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
1d100 = 76/67% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 67/42% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:39 pm

>>Rolls Carried Over<<

Rufus wrote: He shrugs. "Still, what do you say we shelf the shop talk for later and go help catch some thieves?" He waves for Dex to follow and sets off in the direction Jacob gave. As they walk across the farm, Rufus tries to pick up scents of goblin-like beings and unfamiliar humans. He also keeps his ears swiveling around trying to pick up sounds of goblins or scuffles.


”Got your self a varmint problem, eh? I'm always up for some extermination. Dexter pulls out his mallet and thumps it against his open palm a few times. Showing a half smile from underneath his bears and mustache. ”Lead the way laddie, I am just right behind you.” Snuffing out his cigar before following Rufus.

Rufus seems like cheeky fellow. I wonder if this Long chap is any better? Well, looks like I have a job to finish. Time for some “Wack-a-do”.
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Consumer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:37 am

Run, Flee, Get out of here!

Two Claws tactic, is not only effective, it's super effective. The creatures scream in terror and run away dropping anything that was in their hands and forgetting all of their collective stuff surrounding them. Two claws can hear them tearing off into the surrounding woods, much to her delight, giving her time to look at the area she's in. From her perspective this isn't some manner of base camp, it's where they lived as she makes out the crude semi-permenant structure that is a lean-to-esque sleeping area, the stolen chickens are in a crude but effective wicker cage, that seems to have ample bedding for the chickens, and other than several piles of scattered containers that look like they're from several locations, there is a rough-looking bolt action rifle and a few crude scrap metal knives. After several long moments Two Claws is still sure that the Goblins are running for their lives.

Loot
The Provider Single Shot Breech Loading Rifle
Image
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
• Weight: 25 lbs.
• Range: 4,000 feet
• Rate of Fire: Single Shot, takes 3 melee action to fire the weapon and reload the weapon.
• Payload: 1; .78 caliber steel cased anti-armor round.
Note: This gun is poorly maintained and is -2 to strike and will misfire 10% of the time. Maintenance will remove the penalties.


Code: Select all
[b]The Provider Single Shot Breech Loading Rifle[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/02/27/20180227125451-78de865e.png[/img]
[size=85]• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
• Weight: 25 lbs.
• Range: 4,000 feet
• Rate of Fire: Single Shot, takes 3 melee action to fire the weapon and reload the weapon.
• Payload: 1; .78 caliber steel cased anti-armor round.
• [color=red]Note: This gun is poorly maintained and is -2 to strike and will misfire 10% of the time. Maintenance will remove the penalties.[/color][/size]


3x Goblin Scrap Knife
Image
• Damage: 1D4 S.D.C.
• Notes: Crudely Made: Breaks on a roll of 1-4 or a Natural 20 (before modifiers)


Code: Select all
[b]Goblin Scrap Knife[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/02/27/20180227131415-5265f9b6.png[/img]
[size=85]• Damage: 1D4 S.D.C.
• Notes: Crudely Made: Breaks on a roll of 1-4 or a Natural 20 (before modifiers)[/size][/ooc]


Looking for trouble.

Rufus and Dexter decide to go looking for Two Claws, which makes sense since Goblins can be crafty fighters even among larger groups of adventurers. Rufus is shown Two Claws starting spot and the duo quickly thinks they've spotted the trail. The walk is surprisingly pleasant, as the woods near the farm are not exactly untamed wilds, given how close the are to a major metropolis. The duo walks for several minutes when the hear a series of high pitched (but masculine) screams of obviou terror heading in their general direction. a few moments later a trio of Goblins explode from the nearby bushes. The Goblins seem to barely notice Rufus and Dexter only long enough to scream "Monster!" before they continue running away, leaving the Kankoran and Dwarf perplexed as to whether the event even happened.

What are your Intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Rufus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 20


Consumer wrote:Rufus and Dexter decide to go looking for Two Claws, which makes sense since Goblins can be crafty fighters even among larger groups of adventurers. Rufus is shown Two Claws starting spot and the duo quickly thinks they've spotted the trail. The walk is surprisingly pleasant, as the woods near the farm are not exactly untamed wilds, given how close the are to a major metropolis. The duo walks for several minutes when the hear a series of high pitched (but masculine) screams of obviou terror heading in their general direction. a few moments later a trio of Goblins explode from the nearby bushes. The Goblins seem to barely notice Rufus and Dexter only long enough to scream "Monster!" before they continue running away, leaving the Kankoran and Dwarf perplexed as to whether the event even happened.


Rufus' ears prick up at the sound of the screams ((OOC: with the same kind of heightened hearing as a Dog Boy, he may actually hear them first)). "I could be wrong, but I think we're close..." he whispers to Dexter with a smirk and a wink before pulling out his pistol. He's not taken more than a couple more cautious steps when the goblins pass by on their crazed dash through the woods. He stares after them for a moment, then turns back to Dexter. "You think they were talking about me or you?" he asks in a complete deadpan voice. "Goblins are such rotten judges of character, you know. Well, either that or they've heard about my wild nights out on the town back in Lazlo."

He takes a few cautionary sniffs of the air as his ears swivel about. Either they just had a run-in with Jacob's new recruit... or we've got bigger problems than some small-time goblin thieves. He stares in the direction the goblins came from. "Guess it's time to find out. At least it can't be worse than fighting a huge murderous ice cream bot in an enclosed space, right?" He glances back to Dexter. "Sorry, long story..." he grins. "Tell you about it later."

1d100 = 67/52% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
1d100 = 3/67% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 67/42% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away

The Kankoran eases forward through the bushes with his pistol at the ready, being as stealthy as he can until he reaches the goblins' "campsite."

Prowl -- 1d100 = 93/52%



If Two Claws is still in her giant animal form...

Rufus' eyes narrow as he draws a bead on the 'monster.' Well well well -- monster found. Now what? "HEY! HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!!" he snarls and hacks up his fur to make himself look as ferocious as possible. "You so much as cough up a hairball, and I swear to Od you'll wind up as a rug in the Templar's living room!" Like Uncle Cato always said, it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters... he thinks to himself, but rather the size of the fight in the dog. Now what if this thing doesn't speak American?

Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 55/25%


If Two Claws is back in her human form, or changes into it...

Rufus relaxes (slightly) and lowers his pistol (again, slightly). The new recruit, I presume? He clears his throat. "We're with the Templar. Came out to investigate a series of thefts from the nearby farm. I take it those goblins were so eager to soil their loincloths because of your doing?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Two Claws » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 13 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 35

Rufus wrote:HEY! HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!!" he snarls and hacks up his fur to make himself look as ferocious as possible. "You so much as cough up a hairball, and I swear to Od you'll wind up as a rug in the Templar's living


That worked out pretty well. Well, maybe to well. Looks like I drew the attention of some locals. Better revert back to my human self. He already seems agitated.

Having a gun drawn on her by the unknown assailant, Two Claws decides to change back to human form (10 P.P.E). When she is finished, Two Claws puts her hands up in a non threating manner but still with a bit of arrogance about her . ”Whoa now, I didn't mean to startle you mister. Jacob sent me out to investigate some thievery. I just scared some goblin like creatures. They went scattering.” Saying it with a satisfying smile. Pointing to the loot left by the goblin creatures. ”Your just in time, too. I'll need some help getting this back to the Templars. Unless you want to start chasing after them, you know for some fun and games.”
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72/ 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines, or their combinations
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 86

Rufus wrote:
Rufus' ears prick up at the sound of the screams ((OOC: with the same kind of heightened hearing as a Dog Boy, he may actually hear them first)). "I could be wrong, but I think we're close..." he whispers to Dexter with a smirk and a wink before pulling out his pistol. He's not taken more than a couple more cautious steps when the goblins pass by on their crazed dash through the woods. He stares after them for a moment, then turns back to Dexter. "You think they were talking about me or you?" he asks in a complete deadpan voice. "Goblins are such rotten judges of character, you know. Well, either that or they've heard about my wild nights out on the town back in Lazlo."

He takes a few cautionary sniffs of the air as his ears swivel about. Either they just had a run-in with Jacob's new recruit... or we've got bigger problems than some small-time goblin thieves. He stares in the direction the goblins came from. "Guess it's time to find out. At least it can't be worse than fighting a huge murderous ice cream bot in an enclosed space, right?" He glances back to Dexter. "Sorry, long story..." he grins. "Tell you about it later."


Keeping a few steps behind Rufus the whole way, Dexter tries to do his best at being sneaky. Dexter draw his pistol when Rufus draws his. ”Aye', goblins were always a bunch if queer folk, if you ask me. Let's just hope they where talking about us. Otherwise, this might get interesting real quick like.”
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Consumer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:52 am

The situation escalates drastically for several breaths before it is quickly deescalated by Two Claws dropping back into her human form. Rufus and Dexter can see the crude camp just behind Two Claws. Both men come to the same reasonable conclusion, the Goblins had been stealing from several of the nearby farms. By the groups guess, it would take a few trips to bring all the stuff from the camp to the farm, not because any of it's particularly heavy, but it is several awkward sized objects and several live chickens, who seem to have calmed down now that the Two Claws isn't exuding an aura of fear and shaped like an apex predator.

GM Note: We can gloss over the few trip it will take, in the next post just put something to the note of after moving the stuff, and we'll continue at the Farm. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Two Claws » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 am

Perception : 1d100 = 50 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 58

Standing back at the living quarters, at the Templars base, Two Claws looks over at Dexter and Rufus and produces a genuine smile. ”Thanks boys! That would have taken me a lot longer if I was by myself. Do we need to inform anyone of the success? Now that we got the warm up out of the way, what's next on the agenda?”

I hope I didn't give these boys too big of a scare back there. They kind of seemed to be a little genuinely scared. Maybe I'll make it up to them but they did come looking for it, though. Well, there's always next time
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 85/ 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines, or their combinations
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 99

Two Claws wrote:Standing back at the living quarters, at the Templars base, Two Claws looks over at Dexter and Rufus and produces a genuine smile. ”Thanks boys! That would have taken me a lot longer if I was by myself. Do we need to inform anyone of the success? Now that we got the warm up out of the way, what's next on the agenda?”


Dexter stands around with Rufus and Two Claws. Dusting his top hat off and adjusting the hat band. Then he repositioned his belt and makes sure his mallet and pistol are ready to draw. He returns a smile through his beard when Two Claws presents hers.
”No problem, little lassie. I'm always glad to help a good looking lass like yourself. As for informing someone or what's next, I have no idea cuz I’m new here. Just arrived this morning and the we left lookn' for ye. In any case, I'm ready to go and have some fun with ya'll.”

Good thing this little lass didn’t turn into some type of insect, then things would have gotten really fun. At least no one knows that I hate thise kittle buggers. SMASH. SMASH. SMASH. Yep that’s I would do to them.
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Rufus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 45

Two Claws wrote:Having a gun drawn on her by the unknown assailant, Two Claws decides to change back to human form (10 P.P.E). When she is finished, Two Claws puts her hands up in a non threatening manner but still with a bit of arrogance about her. ”Whoa now, I didn't mean to startle you mister. Jacob sent me out to investigate some thievery. I just scared some goblin like creatures. They went scattering.” Saying it with a satisfying smile. Pointing to the loot left by the goblin creatures. ”Your just in time, too. I'll need some help getting this back to the Templars. Unless you want to start chasing after them, you know for some fun and games.”


She mentioned Jacob first... Rufus muses to himself with a smirk. That's all I needed to hear.

The Kankoran chuckles. "Well, as much as I enjoy a good game of 'Pin the Fireball on the Goblin,' I'm sure Gospod Jacob would prefer these supplies back at the farm." He holsters his pistol. "Sorry about the gun-barrel greeting there, just wanting to make sure that what terrorized those Goblins weren't of a mind to terrorize the farm as well." He holds out his hand. "I'm Rufus. Fancy-hat here is Dexter. You must be the new recruit he mentioned; we came out here to back you up but apparently you had things well in hand -- or given your alter-ego, I should say well in paw."

He looks over the piles of loot around the campsite. "Those kreteni really got around..." he mutters. "Too bad Dhaltuun's not here, he could open up a portal back to the farm and we could simply toss everything through it. Well, except for the chickens. From what I understand they don't care for being tossed."

-------------------------------------------

Two Claws wrote:Standing back at the living quarters, at the Templars base, Two Claws looks over at Dexter and Rufus and produces a genuine smile. ”Thanks boys! That would have taken me a lot longer if I was by myself. Do we need to inform anyone of the success? Now that we got the warm up out of the way, what's next on the agenda?”


Dexter Portlywright wrote:”No problem, little lassie. I'm always glad to help a good looking lass like yourself. As for informing someone or what's next, I have no idea cuz I’m new here. Just arrived this morning and the we left lookn' for ye. In any case, I'm ready to go and have some fun with ya'll.”


Rufus nods. "Agreed. It's our pleasure. The farm may not look like much -- though I gotta say I'm impressed by the work they've done so far -- but it's home. Thanks for going out and taking care of those goblins for us."

"As for what's next... well, that's a good question. Our job was to investigate these ruins way out near Lazlo and see if we could rescue some researchers, or at the very least, recover their findings... but not long after we arrived I got pulled away on some side business for the Guild. I just got back here myself in fact." He scratches behind his ear. "No telling when the rest of them will be back. If they could pop a rift back here, that'd be ideal... but they'd have to get back to Lazlo first. Dhaltuun isn't experienced enough to open one big enough to get that Behemoth back on his own. Though he could come back himself if they need immediate help. If they have to walk it all the way back... o moj bog... that could take a while." That's even assuming they make it back at all, he thinks to himself and immediately regrets having done so. Nah, they're no strangers to danger. I'm sure they'll be fine. I hope.

He shrugs off the dark thoughts and clears his throat. "In the meantime, though, I'm sure there's more than enough to keep us all busy until they get back. House repairs, vehicle repairs, that sort of thing. And then there's that issue with a homicidal ice cream serving robot that I've been meaning to address as soon as I can find a computer I can use to jack into his systems." He rubs his muzzle. "So Two Claws, what's your area of speciality? Dex here is a Techno-Wizard and I'm a mage who's also handy with a wrench."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:20 am

Rolls held over

Back At the Farm -
Dhaltuun opens the hatch and lets Marcella fly. Seeing rufus, He rushes over. ”Rufus?? Me boy, how are ya doin’? What happened to you? We had quite the adventure. Give me a few to get settled and we can have a drink and compare notes.” He gathers his stuff together and leaves in his claimed room on the behemoth. After that, Dhaltuun heads to where the others are gathered. ”Home...now what?? Any plans?”
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Two Claws » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:32 am

Perception : 1d100 = 42 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 62

Rufus wrote: "So Two Claws, what's your area of speciality? Dex here is a Techno-Wizard and I'm a mage who's also handy with a wrench."


Two Claws perks up at when Rufus asks her a direct question. She is happy that they are involving her, this early on. ”What's my area of specialty, you say? You mean other than my good looks and charming personality?” Two Claws pauses for a moment, only to resume speaking, not giving the rest of the group to answer .”Well, for starters, I'm pretty deadly with knives. Next thing is, that I’m good at tracking creatures, whether its humanoid or otherwise. So you could just say that I am a vigilante or bounty hunter of some type.”
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Rufus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:17 pm

((Rolls left over))

Two Claws wrote:Two Claws perks up at when Rufus asks her a direct question. She is happy that they are involving her, this early on. ”What's my area of specialty, you say? You mean other than my good looks and charming personality?” Two Claws pauses for a moment, only to resume speaking, not giving the rest of the group to answer .”Well, for starters, I'm pretty deadly with knives. Next thing is, that I’m good at tracking creatures, whether its humanoid or otherwise. So you could just say that I am a vigilante or bounty hunter of some type.”


"Good at tracking and knife work. Got it. We'll put those down next to 'expert goblin frightener...'" Rufus chuckles. "So the transformation into that animal form, is that a spell of some sort? Or is it some sort of natural ability for you?"

Rufus hears the rumbling, stomping sound of the Behemoth approaching before he sees it. Wait, that couldn't be... could it? he thinks. I was sure it would take longer than this for them to get back. Unless I've been gone longer than I thought.

"Well, friends, looks like our days of helping around the farm while waiting for the others to come back may be cut a little short..." he says. "If my ears don't deceive me, that may be them now."

Jason Long wrote:Once the team gets close to Merctown, Jason tries to radio Rufus. "Long to Rufus. do you copy? Long to Rufus, we are back, please rendezvous at the base. We have some work to do and decisions to make."


Rufus keys his comlink. "Rufus here. I read you, Vodja. Already at the farm with a couple of new recruits. See you when you get here."

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun opens the hatch and lets Marcella fly. Seeing rufus, He rushes over. ”Rufus?? Me boy, how are ya doin’? What happened to you? We had quite the adventure. Give me a few to get settled and we can have a drink and compare notes.” He gathers his stuff together and leaves in his claimed room on the behemoth. After that, Dhaltuun heads to where the others are gathered. ”Home...now what?? Any plans?”


"Dhaltuun! Welcome back!" Rufus cheers. "Got called away on some emergency Guild business slaying monsters, rescuing damsels, saving the world... you know, the usual stuff. Just got back, in fact." He laughs. "So looks like you all managed okay without me though -- can't wait to hear all about it." He pauses for a second and then snaps his fingers as if remembering something. "Oh, where's Jason? We have a couple of new recruits he'll want to meet." He guestures to his companions. "Dhaltuun, meet Two Claws and Dexter Portlywright -- experts in fancy hats and scaring goblins.
Dex, T.C., this is Dhaltuun Onyxforge -- our resident osprey whisperer."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:37 am

((Rolls held over))
....At some quiet point during trip....
Dhaltuun looks over his shoulder as Jason approaches. ”wonder whats going on/” He nods at his boss, ”Sup, Capt??” He has a grin on his face that says he is having fun
Jason
Jason walks over to Dhaltuun and hands him the NEMA pistol. "You found this, if you can use it, it is yours."


Dhaltuun stares for a moment, then looks from pistol to jason to mech back to pistol. Then with a look of pure gratitude, Dhaltuun sits straight and looks Jason in the eyes. ”be cool, dhal!! Relax, and speak.’ With a cough to clear throat, Dhaltuun says ”Sir. This is an honor. Thank ye. I accept and bless theee in the name of the sea father.” He bows in reverance for a moment.

Once Jason heads off, Dhaltuun removes the 9mm from his shoulder holster and replaces it with the NEMA pistol. Dhaltuun looks over at Mech. ’Is there any way you can engrave on this?? I am thinking my name on one side of barrel and on the other side, maybe TEMPLARS with today's date??
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Two Claws comes to the Farm.

Postby Jason Long » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Perception: [deice]1d20[/dice]
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 8

Jason relaxes some as the base comes into view. He considers the departure of Kilo, Hours, and Esra. We really need to go on a recruiting drive. I'll have to call Fixer and see who is available..

Rufus wrote:Rufus keys his comlink. "Rufus here. I read you, Vodja. Already at the farm with a couple of new recruits. See you when you get here."


Jason stares at the comlink for a moment. He smiles to himself, Ask and ye shall receive... He radios back, "Great, see you in 5."

Jason directs the Mechanic to park the Behemoth next to the barn. He motions through the window, "It's not much, but welcome to your new home. I'm going to check in with Rufus and see what he has for new recruits. Come down when you get this thing secured and I'll introduce you."

Jason takes a minute to make sure his uniform is squared away and exits the Behemoth. He lights up a cigar and walks over to where Rufus is standing with Dhaltuun, and the two newcomers.

" Greetings, I'm Jason Long, leader of The Templar. I understand that you two would like to joins us? " He holds out his hand to shake theirs in turn.
Jason Long

Conditions
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

Armor: • Helmet: 35
• Arms (2): 18 each
• Legs (2): 30 each
• Main Body: 55
• Unisuit (underlining): 25
Weight: 12 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills and skills requiring dexterity

Image
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC


Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest