The signal for Terror

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:16 pm

((rolls held))

PPE: 201 for 67 rds (16 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285

As he reaches Jason, he responds to his question. ”I would be happy to.” as he takes the weapon, he looks at it with a loving eye. ’This is a beautiful weapon. She will do well for you, if you treat her right. Anytime you need a refill, please just ask.” Dhaltuun then hands the weapon back. ”Your weapon, sir,....will kill.” there is a smirk and a hint of amusement on his face.
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:27 am

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 14
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 13
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 70
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 21

The Mechanic is distracted by some nagging system readout from inside the Behemoth.

He can't really help it, he's a machine as well and all of those red flagged systems and locations really are a problem.

By the time he snaps out of it the battle has already begun and he has a decision to make.

Should he unlink from the Behemoth and just fly his armor, or leverage some of the Behemoth's weight?

The first thing that he has to do though is stare for a long second.

Blashphemous use of technology. There must be a weakness.

OOC: Trying to find something usable, weakness wise. Otherwise even information would be great. Spending my entire round to analyze.

Skill Roll | Read Sensory Equipment | Target: 45 | 1d100 = 23 - Use Grease Hawk's sensors to help gather info - Pass
Skill Roll - Bioware Mechanics | Target: 40 | 1d100 = 11 - Inspect Zombies - Pass
Skill Roll - Robot Mechanics | Target: 41 | 1d100 = 35 - Inspect Zombies - Pass
Skill Roll - Robot Electronics | Target: 51| 1d100 = 73 - Inspect Zombies - Fail
Skill Roll - Mechanical Engineer | Target: 46 | 1d100 = 57 - Inspect Zombies - Fail
Skill Roll - Electrical Engineer | Target: 56 | 1d100 = 44 - Inspect Zombies - Pass
Skill Roll - Weapons Engineer | Target: 46 | 1d100 = 92 - Inspect Zombies - Fail

Perhaps he finds something, perhaps he does not, but in the end, he unlinks from the Behemoth and begins to move on his own in just his power armor -- even if he hasn't yet had time to re-link to it.

Actions #1-6: Inspect Zombies.
ACtions #7: Unlink from Behemoth and move away.
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:56 pm

The Templar stand before the smoking ruins of two scrap-infused zombies and the hollow empty darkness of the Behemoth darkly beckons the mercenaries to enter or flee. Dhaltuun looks over the members of the Templar, and finds Ersa is pretty badly wounded, and still resting in the back of the APC. Jason seems fine as does Hours, and Dhaltunn wouldn’t know if something was wrong with the Mechanic, as he is unfamiliar with the beings race.

Jason looks at the sensors for a moment, but they’re not telling him anything new or useful. Quitting that, he turns to Dhaltuun and asks if he can charge his TW Thundergun. Dhaltuun easily recharges he weapon while admiring the look of it.

(-15 P.P.E. Dhaltuun)

The Mechanic unlinks from the Behemoth which seems to almost sigh at the action. Mechanic manages to make his way over to the Zombie corpses and takes a long hard look at them. What he sees doesn’t add up properly. It appears like cybernetic integration, but that’s all it is appearance. The metallic bits seem fused unnaturally to the organic bits, not unlike Mechanics natural ability to meld with things. The chainsaws and the elecromagnetic nail gun seem like they’re still functional, but in need of cleaning for sure. All of the “armor” is just scrap really, it did the job only because it was in the way.

his leaves the Templar with one unanswered question. What is causing the feeling of uneasiness.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 am

Perception: 1d20 = 4 =
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 = / 1d100 = 7 =
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22 =

Armor Of Ithan - 30 MDC for 3 min 00 sec ( 12 / 12 rounds)

skills used -
Paramedic 45% / 1d100 = 97
Lore: Demon 60% / 1d100 = 75
Lore: Faerie 45% / 1d100 = 27
Lore: Magic -General Knowledge: 50% / 1d100 = 41
Lore: Dimension Lore 50% / 1d100 = 58

PPE: 191 for 67 rds (16 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285

POST - The signal for Terror

The Templar stand before the smoking ruins of two scrap-infused zombies and the hollow empty darkness of the Behemoth darkly beckons the mercenaries to enter or flee.

Dhaltuun looks from the zombies to the open hatch. ”By Njord!! That is creeepy.” He gives a visible shudder. He looks around, seeing who is up fighting. ”I suggest this...I “call in” some help, probably dogs. They can help us find anything that may be hiding. While I get ready, everyone load up and rest if needed. I will return shortly. By the by, there are some snacks in the APC.” He whistles , and marcella lands on his shoulder. He walks away, looking like the pirate he prays to.

As he walks, ”That was a beautiful weapon. I wonder if I can find one like that, but resembles a flintlock. I like the way those look. Anyway, back to work. What do we need for this?? Some kind of tracker and combat skills would be good, but not necessary. “ Dhaltuun tries to think back over his lessons and research. ((Lore: Demon 60% / Lore: Dimension Lore 50% / Lore: Faerie 45% )

Dhaltuun heads to the PC to gather his things. Before he leaves, he checks on Erza. Using his limited knowledge and healing magic, he does his best to make her comfortable. ((Paramedic 45%)) Then with a affectionate pat on her cheek, he heads out. The whole time, Marcella has been sitting on his shoulder preening herself. ”Looks like everyone is ok, more or less. Erza is comfortable and recovering, the others are up and fighting....the new guy thu...don’t know what he is, so I will trust him to worry about him.”

As he once again heads off to do his thing, Dhaltuun sees mechanic looking at the corpses. ”wonder he is thinking about? What is he? A mechanic/doctor/cop?? And now adventurer?? Impressive if I am correct. Lets go see what is in there ,Marcella.”

He checks his pistol as he walks toward the behemoth. With a snap of his fingers, he mutters ”Oh yeah! Almost forgot.” Then casts Armor of Ithan on himself
1d100 = 97
1d100 = 75
1d100 = 27
1d100 = 41
1d100 = 58
1d100 = 38
1d6*10 = 40
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:09 am

Perception: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 73

Jason accepts the Thundergun back from Dhaltuun and thanks him for the recharge. "I am rather fond of it myself, I just wish I had the ability to recharge it. Good job playing medic as well. "

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”I suggest this...I “call in” some help, probably dogs. They can help us find anything that may be hiding. While I get ready, everyone load up and rest if needed. I will return shortly. By the by, there are some snacks in the APC.”


Jason agrees with Dhaltuun's idea, "Sounds like a plan. I've worked with dogs before and I'm always amazed by what they can sniff out." Jason keeps an eye on the cargo bay and checks on the Mechanic.

"So, what have we got? Any ideas? Once we have the cargo checked out, we will recover what we can and give these a decent burial."
Jason Long

[ooc=Conditions]HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Image
M.D.C. by Location
[size=85]• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:05 pm

((rolls held))

Jason agrees with Dhaltuun's idea, "Sounds like a plan. I've worked with dogs before and I'm always amazed by what they can sniff out." Jason keeps an eye on the cargo bay and checks on the Mechanic.


Dhaltuun stops walking and looks back at Jason. ”It will take about 10 mins to cast my summon dog spell. Can we spare it? If so, i will cast it immediately.” He gives his pockets ands bags a quick rummage, then with a nod ”Ready.”

If Jason agrees - dhaltuun will move about 20 ft away and cast summon canine.

If jason says to wait - Dhaltuun will stand ready near bottom of ramp.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Rolls Held Over


Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”It will take about 10 mins to cast my summon dog spell. Can we spare it? If so, i will cast it immediately.” He gives his pockets ands bags a quick rummage, then with a nod ”Ready.”


"Do it. I'm not getting anything of suit sensors, so other sense may halp. But if something pops, we will have to react immediately " Jason keeps his sensors running constantly, watching for any change while waiting on the others.

((Sensory Equipment—62% / 1d100 = 54 ))
Jason Long

[ooc=Conditions]HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Image
M.D.C. by Location
[size=85]• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 am

((rolls held))
Paramedic (for wrapping hand) 45% / 1d100 = 91

Summonand control canine- base save 16


Dhaltuun waves his finger in a circle above his head as he moves away. ”Finally!! Get to try this. Marcella, I need you to go catch your dinner, then bring it back alive. Okay?? Go girl.”

As she flies off, dhaltuun drops his pack and strips off his armor. When down to shirt and pants, he starts preparing. dhaltuun changes into monkey form. With a ”blessed be”. He cuts his palm (-1d4 dmg) and uses his “monkey” blood to draw a pentagram, about 3 feet in diameter . As he finishes, Marcella returns with a rabbit. Dhaltuun directs her where to stand. ”when I look at you, kill the rabbit. After this you can have it for supper.” He gives a quick scratch, and becomes a dwarf before kneeling in center of circle.

Dhaltuun strips to the waist, and empties his canteen over his head. With his hair dripping in to his eyes, he begins his ritual. He closes his eyes, and opens his heart to njord. ”Oh mighty father. This is a humble follower who is need of some assistance. I am new to your love, and have much to learn. I ask for some canine help. I need to search an area for danger and need some muscle in case I find anything. I trust in you to send what I need. Thank ye Father.” As he finishes, he looks at Marcella before he slams his cut palm into the center of the circle. Thus ending the ritual.

After a few moments, Dhaltuun opens his eyes and resumes kneeling. Looking at his hand, he uses his paramedic skills to give a quick fix. As he wraps his hand in a handkerchief, he looks Around to see if the ritual worked.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Who let the dogs out.

A brief conversation between Dhaltuun and Jason concluded that Dhaltuun will be casting a summoning ritual to bring forth dogs. The ritual is fairly simple and requires very few components. After approximately ten minutes of very ritualistic casting, Dhaltuun hears a soft ethereal chuckle as the spell completes. Moments later from around a corner come a small pack of tall shaggy dogs (5). Their colors range from steel gray to chocolate brown. Dhaltuun recognizes the dogs as Newfoundland Dogs, or Sea hounds, favored of Njord. The hounds bound towards Dhaltuun only slowing once they reach the edge of the pentagram. The sit and seem to be awaiting commands.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:16 am

Perception: 1d20 = 8 =
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 = / 1d100 = 95 =
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 14 =

NG-Super Laser Pistol & Grenade Launcher - payload: laser: 16 / 20 - grenades: 5 / 6
Mage Armor - Main Body: 33 / 50

skills used -

PPE: 91 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
-50 for summon canine
-10 per dog (-50 total)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285

Dhaltuun looks at the sky ”thank ye, father. These are beautiful.” He feels a sense of pride as he looks at the magnificent dogs before him. He looks over his shoulder at Marcella. ”So? What do you think of our new freinds? I love them. Hahah!! You finish dinner and I will say hi.”

With a final tuck of bandages to keep it in place, Dhaltuun goes to his pack and gets his jerky. He then moves over to the dogs, and kneels in front of them. With a look into each ones eyes, he makes a decision then and there. ”you need names. My new squad of brave and loyal dogs.’ he lets out a small giggle. ”sorry, I mean....my new PACK.” Dhaltuun then gives each dog a couple of pieces of jerky. He looks at the pack and tries to think of names. ”lets see. Ok, so I got this. From left to right, Steel (Steel grey / male), Shadow (Black / female), Bear (Chocolate Brown / male), Nana (white with brown splotches / female), Newf (black with white markings / male). That should do it.”

Dhaltuun then spends a few moments petting and wrestling with the pack before heading back to Jason and the others. ”Jason! Here is the back up you requested. This is my pack." He then introduces the team to the pack and vice versa. Dhaltuun then gathers up the pack, and they will sit with Dhaltuun while plans are made. after a few moments, dhaltuun realizes things are a little tense, so he has an idea.

He turns to the hounds. "Gather round, my pack. i will give you all some protection then i need you to go in and investigate that thing over there." He then points at the Behemoth. He then gives each dog a small pet for luck. "Go with Njord's blessing." ((Cast armor of ithan x5 / MDC: 30 each dog))
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:38 am

Perception: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 10

Consumer wrote:Moments later from around a corner come a small pack of tall shaggy dogs (5). Their colors range from steel gray to chocolate brown. Dhaltuun recognizes the dogs as Newfoundland Dogs, or Sea hounds, favored of Njord. The hounds bound towards Dhaltuun only slowing once they reach the edge of the pentagram. The sit and seem to be awaiting commands.


Jason hears running animals and turns to look towards Dhaltuun. Amazing! Newfies, too. Jason has only seen one Newfoundland Dog in the past. They were seldom used by the Army of the Southern Cross, but when he was with the Military Police he saw used as a bomb and arson dog.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun then spends a few moments petting and wrestling with the pack before heading back to Jason and the others. ”Jason! Here is the back up you requested. This is my pack." He then introduces the team to the pack and vice versa. Dhaltuun then gathers up the pack, and they will sit with Dhaltuun while plans are made. after a few moments, Dhaltuun realizes things are a little tense, so he has an idea.


As Dhaltuun brings the dogs over, Jason removes his helmet and his gauntlets. He slowly lowers to one knee and extends an empty hand, waiting for the dogs to approach. He calls each one by the name Dhaltuun gave them as they come over, speaking gently to each.

"Well done, Dhaltuun. Newfoundlands are some of the smartest dogs there are, brave and great workers too."

As Dhaltuun directs the dogs towards the cargo bay, Jason re-secures his gauntlets and helmet. He follows behind the dogs, watching for their reactions and covering them with the Thundergun.
Jason Long

[ooc=Conditions]HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Image
M.D.C. by Location
[size=85]• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 1
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 11
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 92
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 15

Ten minutes.

That gives The Mechanic a bit of time to think and figure out what he has actually encountered here.

Standing crouched over the strange corpses, his mind works back and forth over this.

This makes no sense. Why integrate technology with the dead? Nervous tissue needs to be living in order to transmit signals. None of this should be functional.

Taking a minute or two to re-meld with the Grease Hawk, he lets the armor wander over to Jason, fiddling with his sensor and communications suite as he goes.

"Something is troubling me." He explains simply. He waits for the dwarf to finish his casting and interjects a word or two in: "I do not think that our friends over there should be functioning at all. Are they magic? Is anyone able to tell me?"

If he isn't answered and even if he is, he'll move with the two towards the Behemoth's cargo bay.
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:38 am

((rolls held over))
Dhaltuun pauses a moment as Mechanic speaks. ”give me a moment, and I can try to find out.” He turns back to the pack. ”Okay Pack. You continue on. Listen to Jason, and watch out for him. I will join you in a moment.”

He jogs back to the carcasses. ’Alright. Njord, bless me with the knowledge I seek.” First he casts sense magic, then he uses his limited skills to check the bodies. ”Okay? Now that I have looked for magic, I will check the meat parts, then I will check the mechanical parts.” Once done with that, he will join up with jason and the pack.

Sense Magic (4)
Paramedic 45%/ 1d100 = 55 ------
Lore: Magic -
**General Knowledge: 50% / 1d100 = 90 ---- attempt to remember lessons
**Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 40% / 1d100 = 32 ------ look for any runes, marks, etc
**Recognize Enchantment 38% / 1d100 = 11 ----- attempt to remember lessons
General Maintenance 55% / 1d100 = 1 ----- any tools usable
Salvage 60% / 1d100 = 13 ------ any tools salvagable
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:22 am

Into the Cargo Bay

Dhaltuun's pack of Newfoundland Dogs and Jason Long make their way into the cargo bay, the dogs seem on edge, but this isn't surprising as the very air has put Jason on edge as well. The trip up the ramp is uneventful and though the dogs don't seem to actually want to go in the cargo bay, they do so with magical compulsion. Jason loses sight of them for approximately ten seconds, but hears low growling and even a few whimpers of fear. Though magically summoned, they are for the most part still just normal dogs. Once Jason gets them in view again, he's surprised to find that there is nothing looming to try and kill him. All in all the Cargo Bay looks ransacked, with scrap metal and old tools laying strewn about the floor. Off to one side Jason sees the only thing that sticks out, an old computer server core that has jury rigged power cables running to it. The lack of enemies doesn't stop the feeling of dread in the room.

Meanwhile Dhaltuun and Mechanic look at the two zombie corpses laying on the ground. As far as Dhaltunn can tell, they shouldn't be doing anything that they have been doing. There is no sign of magical influence, and the mechanical parts seem to be junk, with power cores missing or obvious parts that should render them non-functional being missing. It leaves the dwarf stumped.

In the end the Templar stand in the cargo bay, with a battered looking computer core, and not much else to show for the aura of menace.

Mechanic
The Computer Core seems wrong even from a distance.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:37 am

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 53 =
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 = / 1d100 = 61 =
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 10 =

NG-Super Laser Pistol & Grenade Launcher - payload: laser: 16 / 20 - grenades: 5 / 6
Mage Armor - Main Body: 33 / 50

skills used -
Salvage 60% / 1d100 = 43
Lore: Demon 60% / 1d100 = 17
Lore: Faerie 45% / 1d100 = 44
Lore: Magic -General Knowledge: 50% / 1d100 = 54
Lore: Dimension Lore 50% / 1d100 = 36

PPE: 87 for 25 rds (6 mins 15 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285

Consumer
Meanwhile Dhaltuun and Mechanic look at the two zombie corpses laying on the ground. As far as Dhaltunn can tell, they shouldn't be doing anything that they have been doing. There is no sign of magical influence, and the mechanical parts seem to be junk, with power cores missing or obvious parts that should render them non-functional being missing. It leaves the dwarf stumped.


”What in njord’s name?? Nothing should work, but it does!! And with no sign of magic. Sorry, Jason. I cant fiqure those corpese out. We need an expert. Sorry, I tried.”

As Dhaltuun stands there, he eyes skim over the machine, and the mess. ’I have no idea what to do with this. It looks like it may work, but I wouldnt know.” He gives a little shrug. ”I guess I will look thru this mess for anything useful.’ He uses his radio ”Jason, I am gonna look thru this mess. Maybe there is something useable. I will get the dogs to keep lookout while you and/or the tech guys look over the computer.”

He then turns to the pack. ’Okay my pack. I need guys to watch out for anythingthat might attack us, supernatural or otherwise. Bark to warn us, do not attack till jason or I tell you to.” Dhaltuun then begins to root thru the mess.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:15 am

Perception: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 19/ 1d100 = 15

Skills Used:

((Computer Operation--96% / 1d100 = 99% ))
((General Repair & Maintenance—57% / 1d100 = 27% ))
((Electronic Countermeasures--77% / 1d100 = 78% ))

Consumer wrote:Once Jason gets them in view again, he's surprised to find that there is nothing looming to try and kill him. All in all the Cargo Bay looks ransacked, with scrap metal and old tools laying strewn about the floor. Off to one side Jason sees the only thing that sticks out, an old computer server core that has jury rigged power cables running to it. The lack of enemies doesn't stop the feeling of dread in the room.


Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Well if that is the problem then... Jason decides quickly and walks to were the power cables are attached to the Behemoth. He disconnects the power, if nothing jumps out at him, he will then consider how to isolate the server from transmitting or receiving any signals.

Jason thinks back to his EW training and how to isolate a system from transmissions. He calls over to the Mechanic. "So, if this thing is somehow animating corpses, how would it do it? Nano-tech? Some type of energy signal? When you were tied into the Behemoth's systems, did you notice if any of the transmitters were active? If it's a signal or even if it is using nano-tech; if we put it in a faraday cage, no signals get out and the thing is contained. " If the others looks confused, Jason continues, "A faraday cage is simply a grounded box. It is normally made from a conductive material, such as copper and it isolates whatever is inside from any electronic signals. If we isolate this server, we can examine it more safely to determine if this is the entire problem here or if it only a part of the problem. If this is only a part of the threat, examining it may tell us how to eliminate the entire threat"
Jason Long

[ooc=Conditions]HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Image
M.D.C. by Location
[size=85]• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 11
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 15
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 21
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 18

The Mechanic is taking his time, standing beside Dhaltuun with the arms of his power armor crossed. It's the classic 'stumped' stance, and even though nobody has yet seen the being's face they know what look it's wearing.

"This is illogical." The Mechanic gestures towards the strewn mess.

"Illogical and nonsensical. There must be some other force at play, I can find no technological means to power them at a short glance."

He's considering using the Grease Hawk's sensor suite to scan them but Jason being all the way over there has him hurrying along, feathering his thrusters to power-vault after the man and land inside of the cargo bay.

Skill Roll | Pilot: Robots & Power Armor | Target: 87 | 1d100 = 54 | PASS

Landing, he walks up behind Jason to stare at what the man is doing; looming over him in the way that only a guy in power armor can.

"There is something wrong here." The Grease Hawk emits, tonelessly. "I have never felt such a sense of . . . dread . . . from an object, ever. This is *also* nonsensical and illogical."

Madness. I am getting paranoid.

"Can't you feel it? It's just wrong like a wrong thing!"

Great displays of emotion are not characteristic of him, not that the group could know that, nor does he know how to describe what he's feeling because it's his first time encountering it. Wrong like a wrong thing indeed.

"Anyway . . . . this does not need to be here. We can probably safely remove it."

He bends to a crouch, wondering if this is the way that organics feel with a gnawing churn in the pit of their stomach -- not that they'd be able to hear it over all of the sloshing from their who-knows-how-much percentage of water -- when something is so off. He flicks his wrist, extending the Grease Hawk's toolkit as he goes to work, trying to find out anything that he can without actually plugging into it. He's not above poking to it as far as he needs to with turning on a display or the like to see if it can be activated. If he can get it on, perhaps he can figure something out. If only he didn't feel rushed like this and could properly concentrate and study this thing in a lab.

Better to figure out what this is now and get this spot of darkness under the light of the day.

Skill Roll | Artificial Intelligence | Target: 46% | 1d100 = 77 | FAIL
Skill Roll | Computer Hacking | Target: 41% | 1d100 = 73 | FAIL
Skill Roll | Computer Operation | Target: 71% | 1d100 = 93 | FAIL
Skill Roll | Computer Repair | Target: 51% | 1d100 = 12 | PASS
Skill Roll | Jury Rig | Target: 61% | 1d100 = 44 | PASS
Skill Roll | Salvage | Target: 61% | 1d100 = 32 | PASS
Skill Roll | Electronic Countermeasures | Target: 51% | 1d100 = 5 | PASS
Skill Roll | Sensory Equipment | Target: 45% | 1d100 = 99 | CRIT FAIL
Skill Roll | Electrical Engineer | Target: 56% | 1d100 = 93 | FAIL
Skill Roll | Basic Electronics | Target: 51% | 1d100 = 98 | FAIL
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:27 am

The trio of Templar stand around this seemingly benign looking computer server. Jason unplugs it, but that doesn't seem to change the feeling of dread coming off of it in The Mechanics perception. The Mechanic crouches down near it and proceeds to poke and prod the the thing with his tools, and almost instantly he notices issues popping up on his armor, but he can't make heads or tails of the readouts. Though none of them seem to be truly affecting the suit in any meaningful way. The Mechanic manages to get the servers case off and is almost surprised to see exactly what one would expect to see inside a server case, wires and mother boards, cooling systems and what not, all in all it leaves the technically minded very confused.

Dhaltuun orders his pack of Newfoundland Hounds to keep and eye out, one near the door into the Behemoth growls, but it's likely he smells the zombies that are still trapped inside the Behemoths hallways, the other four seem to find nothing amiss and go about happily patrolling the area, like large hairy dogs are want to do.

What are your Intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 83 =
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 = / 1d100 = 28 =
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 21 =

NG-Super Laser Pistol & Grenade Launcher - payload: laser: 16 / 20 - grenades: 5 / 6
Mage Armor - Main Body: 33 / 50

skills used -
Salvage 65% / 1d100 = 43
Lore: Demon 65% / 1d100 = 78
Lore: Faerie 50% / 1d100 = 37
Lore: Magic -General Knowledge: 55% / 1d100 = 73
Lore: Dimension Lore 55% / 1d100 = 53

PPE: 47 for 24 rds (6 mins 00 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285

Seeing the power armor take the machine thing apart, Dhaltuun looks the machine intently. ”He has disassembled it, but that feeling is still with me. I need to look into this.” Using his limited knowledge of salvaging, he thinks while he looks at the machine. (( Salvage 65% / 1d100 = 25)) ”Ok....exorcism, and if needed, constrain being.”

Dhaltuun stands straight. As he does, he notices the dog growling. ”whats up, steel?” He looks at jason, with a snapping of his fingers to get his attention ”Jason!! Steel smells something. I will get my girl to get us a looksy inside, if she can.” ”Marcella!! Okay my girl, I need you to try to get a look inside, on the other side of this door.”

He turns to the others. ”I got Marcella trying to find a way to see in, maybe that will get us a heads up. Until then I may be able to help. I will try an exorcism, then if anything shows it’s ugly face, i will try to constrain it.” ”And if I can, I will make it MINE!!!” He rolls up his sleeves ’So?? Plans?” If no one argues or says not to, Dhaltuun goes to work.

Actions -
1: Talk to marcella
2: cast energy field around server (Rng: up to 60 ft away / dur: 4 min (16 rds) / ppe: 10 / pg. 101 BoM /
3 & 4: exorcism (Rng: 30 ft / Dur: spell = 3 mins (results = 6 mth) / ST: 13 / ppe: 30 / pg: 120 BoM / target: server
5 & 6: hold in case something shows / weapon at ready
7: hold in case something shows / weapon at ready

Contingency:
1 - 4 as above
5 & 6: Constrain Being (rng: 30 ft / dur: 8 min (24 rds) / ppe: 20 / pg: 115 BoM / command will be to “stay...Don’t move!!”
7: challenge for submission (attempt to make minion)
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 5
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 8
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 88
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 14

What? Are my sensors snowing out?

The Mechanic abruptly drops the server, any tools he was holding and anything else and takes a step back from it as if it was on fire.

There's something to be said for brevity, really. Mech usually speaks alot, but this time he has very few words in his unemotional monotone.

"If anything requires an exorcism, it is surely this."

While waiting for the dwarf to do his thing he examines his power armor's systems as best he can, hoping to find a reason for the interference.

Skill Roll | Robot Electronics | Target: 51 | 1d100 = 82 | Fail
Skill Roll | Electrical Engineer | Target: 56 | 1d100 = 4 | Pass
Skill Roll | Computer Operation | Target: 71 | 1d100 = 55 | Pass
Skill Roll | Computer Programming | Target: 51 | 1d100 = 57 | Pass
Skill Roll | Computer Hacking | Target: 41 | 1d100 = 20 | Pass
Skill Roll | Artificial Intelligence | Target: 46 | 1d100 = 77 | Fail

Skill Roll | Sensory Equipment | Target: 45 | 1d100 = 3 | Pass
Skill Roll | Electronic Countermeasures | Target: 51 | 1d100 = 2 | Pass
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:26 pm

I guess you can stop the signal!

The crew looks at the situation, and decides to exorcise the computer core. Dhaltuun prepares for the lengthy spell, while the Mechanic goes over his armor trying to figure out why it's acting up. Mech, comes up with a very basic conclusion, his armor was partially infected by whatever is in that computer core, but it seems to have failed in taking the suit over for some reason. Dhaltuun finishes casting the Exorcism and with a few hushed breaths waits to see if anything happens...

Just as he's about to call it a failure, the computer core almost seems to groan and then proceeds to fall completely apart, quickly gaining a patina of age and a film of rust. The feeling of dread passes, and all seems very calm.

What are your Intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 am

Perception: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 7

Consumer wrote: the computer core almost seems to groan and then proceeds to fall completely apart, quickly gaining a patina of age and a film of rust. The feeling of dread passes, and all seems very calm.


Jason watches Dhaltuun perform his ritual, watching to see what happens. He is amazed at the change as the computer core falls apart. He says, half to himself, "Well that was anticlimactic. " " Good work, Dhaltuun. Can you out the dogs on perimeter watch while we clean up an make repairs? Mechanic, I'll leave checking over that thing and a full assessment of the Behemoth to you. I will go through the Behemoth and clear out all the zombie corpses. We will check them for salvageable tech, then give them a decent burial. Once that is done, I suggest we have dinner and decide our next course of action. We need to get the Behemoth and APC back to Merctown and I doubt Dhaltuun's gate can open big enough for it. "

If there are no objections, Jason starts going through the Behemoth methodically, clearing out corpses and recovering gear. Anything that seems even remotely useful and salvageable, he places in a pile in the cargo bay to be examined more closely. He asks the Mechanic to use the Behemoth to dig a single grave for the corpses and buries them. Once in the ground, Jason removes his helmet and says a brief prayer.

When the group is back together, Jason brings up the topic of the next step. "We have a couple options here. First, we can just head back to Merctown directly. It's a long trip in a damaged mech. We can also head to Lazlo or New Lazlo to have a safe place to make repairs. Either way, we need to head back to the excavation first. Our contract was to rescue anyone surviving the Tombrey expedition or confirm their deaths. Tombrey was here to investigate a per-collapse bunker possibly related to Neemans. With the immediate threat resolved. We may find something worth recovering or at least information for a follow-on expedition."
Jason Long

[ooc=Conditions]HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Image
M.D.C. by Location
[size=85]• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:10 am

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 8 =
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 = / 1d100 = 78 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3 =

NG-Super Laser Pistol & Grenade Launcher - payload: laser: 16 / 20 - grenades: 5 / 6
Mage Armor - Main Body: 33 / 50

skills used -
Salvage 65% / 1d100 = 62 - bad connections to flesh / easy to tear off
Paramedic 54% / 1d100 = 5 - notice weak spots

PPE: 7 for 23 rds (5 mins 45 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285

Armor bizarre - dhaltuun
OOC Comments
range: self
diur: 1 min per lvl (4th = 4 mins)
st: vs. HF only
PPE: 15
provides 15 MDC per lvl (4th = 60 MDC)
effects -
anyone fighting me is distracted (-1 int)
must roll vs HF: 11 (+1 every 2 lvls) at beginning of every round


superhuman strength x3 / dhaltuun, Steel, Nana
OOC Comments
range: self or by touch
dur: 2 rds per lvl (4th = 8 rds)
PPE: 10
provides SN PS: 30 and SN PE: 24
provides 30 mdc


Consumer
Just as he's about to call it a failure, the computer core almost seems to groan and then proceeds to fall completely apart, quickly gaining a patina of age and a film of rust. The feeling of dread passes, and all seems very calm.


Dhaltuun feels the release of “emotional” pressure as the spell completes. He gives a ”Ughhh!!” as he shivers. ”well, That was unpleasent.” Looking at the others, he asks ”what now?” Even as he speaks, dhaltuun remebers the dog at the door.

’Steel!!” dhaltuun moves across the cargo bay to the side of his dog. ’what’s up, boy? You smell something?” He stands straight and then turns his head a little, giving a low whistle he calls another dog. ”Nana!! Here girl.”

As he awaits his dog, he gets a vacant look in his eye. ”Marcella, do you see anything?” (( If she resaponds positve, dhaltuun will use an action to take a peek) Once his other back-up arrives at his side, Dhaltuun starts to cast magic. After a few moments of weird words and gestures, Dhaltuun cracks his knuckles as his armor explodes into a wringing mess of slimy things. A wink and a ”Lets roll!! he opens the door.

Actions -
1: Armor bizarre on self
2: superhuman strength on self
3: superhuman strength on Steel
4: superhuman strength on Nana
5: speak to Marcella
6: Open door
7: step boldly thru doorway

Contingency:
Actions -
1: Armor bizarre on self
2: superhuman strength on self
3: superhuman strength on Steel
4: superhuman strength on Nana
5: speak to Marcella
6: See thru link with familiar
7: Open door
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 18
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 17
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 38
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 8

"Fuddle Duddle."

Mech is sentient as the next person, but the finer points of profanity have been lost to him for a very long time.

"I have issues with magic."

He complains this to himself and the head of his armor moves between the collapsed core and Dhaltuun's preparations. He does as Jason asks, using the machine's huge hands to dig a proper grave -- not even a shallow one, a good ten or fifteen feet down.

"We need to talk." The Grease Hawk's speakers emit to Jason.

"There was an infectious agent in that system. It had begun to comprimise my armor. A short time after contact, my sensors began to snow out. Most magic does not affect me..." There's another hint that Mech is an artificial being. "So I did not recognize it for what it was. That feeling I could not describe is gone as well. Are we to consider /every system/ of the Behemoth comprimised?"

"Good thing I did not try to link with the core."

After it's all done, Mech ponders, thinking.

"I will need time to fully assess the damage to the robot and determine what we need before I am comfortable begining such a journey. There is likely equipment that needs to be salvaged as well. I also believe that we should remain here a time, but we must keep our eyes open and better determine what this... thing was."

"I am incredibly concerned that anything from the bio-constructs... zombies is a poor term ... is related to the core that we found and potentially contaminated. But I cannot yet devise a safe means to test this and if it involves magic, it may well be beyond my skill set."
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:46 pm

The team comes up with a very basic simple plan, check the Behemoth, remove the corpses, and check out the old base for salvage. Dhaltuun casts several spells before opening the door into the Behemoth proper and immediately finds what the dog was growling at. laying on the ground near the door appears to be three corpses, one missing a arm at the forearm. The look to be rapidly decomposing for what it's worth. A thorough search of the robot finds several more corpses in much the same shape. It takes approximately an hour to clear the corpses and collect up the various construction tools into a pile. Anyone looking at the various tools will find them missing integral parts and generally that they are broken beyond reasonable repair.

The team decides to make a trip back to the dig site and finds it much the same way the left it, a ruin of concrete and steel. a cursory examination of the site finds that most of the obvious salvage has been taken or destroyed by the unreadable zombies. Several hours are spent rummaging through darkened halls for anything of real value, but unless the group wants to try and strip the M.D.C. rebar from the concrete, not much is found. Dhaltuun has some luck finding a few random items stuffed in a partially buried footlocker with the name A. Morrison stenciled on its face.

Loot found
NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol
Image
• Range: 200'
• Damage: 5D6 per shot or 1D6x10 per 3-round burst
• Rate of Fire: Single shot or 3-round burst
• Payload: 18 round magazine
• Weight: 1.6 lbs.
• Modifiers: +2 to strike on aimed/called shots only.


Code: Select all
[b]NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol[/b]
[IMG]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/02/27/20180227122327-e9977766.png[/IMG]
[size=85]• Range: 200'
• Damage: 5D6 per shot or 1D6x10 per 3-round burst
• Rate of Fire: Single shot or 3-round burst
• Payload: 18 round magazine
• Weight: 1.6 lbs.
• Modifiers: +2 to strike on aimed/called shots only.[/size]


4 Spare clips of ammunition.

3x Fragmentation Grenades.
Image
• Damage: 2D6 M.D. (20' Radius)

Code: Select all
[b]Fragmentation Grenades.[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/02/27/20180227124040-8a446ea8.png[/img]
[size=85]• Damage: 2D6 M.D. (20' Radius)[/size]


NEMA Standard Body Armor
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70
• Arms: 60 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Main Body: 120
Modifiers: -5% to climb and -10% to physical skills
Features:
• Voice-actuated support computer and database.
• Built-in loudspeaker: 80 decibels.
• Directional, short-range radio built into the helmet. Range: 5 miles
• Polarized visor.
• Color: Gray with black highlights


Code: Select all
[b]NEMA Standard Body Armor[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/_data/i/upload/2018/02/27/20180227123142-06164d7c-th.png[/img]
[size=85][u]M.D.C. by Location:[/u]
• Helmet: 70
• Arms: 60 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Main Body: 120
Modifiers: -5% to climb and -10% to physical skills
Features:
• Voice-actuated support computer and database.
• Built-in loudspeaker: 80 decibels.
• Directional, short-range radio built into the helmet. Range: 5 miles
• Polarized visor.
• Color: Gray with black highlights[/size]
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 26 =
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 = / 1d100 = 37 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 12 =

NG-Super Laser Pistol & Grenade Launcher - payload: laser: 16 / 20 - grenades: 5 / 6
Mage Armor - Main Body: 33 / 50

skills used -
Salvage 69% / 1d100 = 53
Weapon Systems 44% / 1d100 = 9

PPE: 99 - Energy Sphere 200 / 285

superhuman strength - dhaltuun
OOC Comments
range: self or by touch
dur: 2 rds per lvl (4th = 8 rds)
PPE: 10
provides SN PS: 30 and SN PE: 24
provides 30 mdc


Dhaltuun walks the halls of the behemoth with his dogs. ”Okay, my pack. We ned to clean this mess up. Give me a hand witht these bodies. Drag them outside.” He then cancels his armor bizarre spell, and helps the dogs drag out the gross piles of yuck that were the zombies. ”Thank goodness for magic strength. Make this alot easier.”

Finally done with the bodies, dhaltuun gathers his dogs and releases them. ’Thank you for your service, my pack. You were all loyal, brave helpers. You are all truly a blessed sign from Njord. Thank you father.” There is a tear in his eye as they vanish before his eyes. ”Thank ye, father. The dogs were a blessing and a true gesture of your love. I hope to keep honoring you thru my deeds.” He picks up the footlocker and heads back to the others.

With a thud, Dhaltuun drops the chest and pops the lid. ’check what I found.” He then squats in front of the open locker. ’time to check what I found.” He begins to pull out objects.

First he grabs the pistol. Removing it from its holster with reverence, dhaltuun turns it over in his hands ’This is sexy. I like this alot.” He gently removes the holster from the locker, puts the pistol back in and sets it on the floor. He then takes the grenades from the locker and places them down next to the pistol. Finally, he removes the armor. ’Of course!!! Human size!! Must be old. I will ask the others.” Looking around, he sees whom may be around. He, then, lays the armor down beside the other finds.

He then asks loudly ’Anyone know anything about this armor?? Can it be altered to me size or should we sell it?” he will see if the helm fits or works while he waits for an answer.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:25 am

Perception: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 1

Skills Used:
((Recognize Weapon Quality--72% / 1d100 = 42% )) For pistol.
((Recognize Weapon Quality--72% / 1d100 = 36% )) For grenades
((Recognize Weapon Quality--72% / 1d100 = 96% )) For armor

After the grisly job of burying the dead i done, Jason quietly says a brief prayer over the grave. "Lord, in your great mercy, take into yourself the souls of the departed, we commit their bodies to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust." He stands in silence a moment before turning to Dhaltuun and the Mechanic.

The Mechanic wrote:"We need to talk." The Grease Hawk's speakers emit to Jason.
"There was an infectious agent in that system. It had begun to comprimise my armor. A short time after contact, my sensors began to snow out. Most magic does not affect me..." There's another hint that Mech is an artificial being. "So I did not recognize it for what it was. That feeling I could not describe is gone as well. Are we to consider /every system/ of the Behemoth comprimised?"


"That would be alarming. I think that is a question best left to our magically focused members. What I would suggest, is that we leave the Behemoth largely powered down and do a complete damage assessment. If Dhaltuun has the ability, he can try to detect if any other parts of the Behemoth, the recovered materials, or any of our gear has been infected by the same.....whatever that was he removed from the computer. Once we have a detailed list of parts an equipment the Behemoth needs. Dhaltuun can open a rift back to our base. We can contact the remaining Templar. They can assemble what you need for immediate repairs. When they are ready, Dhaltuun can bring them and the gear through. Depending on the size rift he can make, it may be best for me to go through and come back with Bonaparte to assist with moving equipment for the repairs. What do you think?"

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:He then asks loudly ’Anyone know anything about this armor?? Can it be altered to me size or should we sell it?” he will see if the helm fits or works while he waits for an answer.


" While you're thinking about it, lets go see what Dhaltuun found."

Jason walks over to where Dhaltuun has unearthed the footlocker and gear. "I don't know about re-sizing it. It is interesting though. is there any paperwork or computer files in there? They might be able to tell us more." He examines it as best as he can.
If anything has a logo or badging that says NEMA, Jason points it out. "Well that proves Tombley and his expedition were in the right place. They were looking into the legend of the Neemans. I don't know if the armor is more useful as armor or if has special value to a collector or researcher. You may want to wait and have it appraised in Merctown before altering it."

Jason then briefs Dhaltuun on his idea for contacting Merctown and if Dhaltuun can examine the Behhemoth and the rest of the gear for whatever infected the computer core.
Jason Long

[ooc=Conditions]HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Image
M.D.C. by Location
[size=85]• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:50 am

((Rolls held))

NG-Super Laser Pistol & Grenade Launcher - payload: laser: 16 / 20 - grenades: 5 / 6
Mage Armor - Main Body: 33 / 50

PPE: 99 - Energy Sphere 200 / 285

superhuman strength - dhaltuun
OOC Comments
range: self or by touch
dur: 2 rds per lvl (4th = 8 rds)
PPE: 10
provides SN PS: 30 and SN PE: 24
provides 30 mdc


”There is so much potential in this place,.” Dhaltuun thinks to himself as he looks around the interior. Seeing the other talking, he decides to stop daydreaming and pay attention. Looking up from the armor in his hands, he sees jason looking at him

Jason walks over to where Dhaltuun has unearthed the footlocker and gear. "I don't know about re-sizing it. It is interesting though. is there any paperwork or computer files in there? They might be able to tell us more." He examines it as best as he can.


When Jason mentions the mission and the neemans, Dhaltuun drops the armor as if burned. ’All yours. I didnt realize it may be Neeman.” As Jason examines the armor, Dhaltuun rummages thru the footlocker for anything like Jason mentioned.

If something is found - Dhaltuun looks up ands says ”Boss! Dar be treasure!!” followed by a cheesy grin ”Always wanted to say that.”

OR

If nothing is found - Dhaltuun looks up and says with a shrug ”sorry, Boss. Nothing like whatcha’ be askin’ fer. Dhaltuun then pulls out his notebook and scribbles a note. ”Hmmm.. Norway spruce for the interior walls and deco. Maybe furniture as well. Then with a small “meh!” and a shrug, he prepares to head off the search for entities. Dhaltuun closes his eyes, and with a small breathe, he casts some magic. He opens his eyes ”I will go see if I can find anything.”, he then moves to begin his search. ”I am gonna go room to room. I will radio if I find anything, or if I need assistance.”

He will then go room to room and check for anything. ”Okay first I should try to see what’s what around here.” He will then turn on his dimension sense. [i]”Sense magic and sense evil should let me find it if “it” is anywhere on this bot..

Dimension Sense - 49% / 1d100 = 26
can be used to detect dimension-based magic in use
Activating this costs one melee action
may be extended for one minute per level (4th = 4 mins) by sacrificing another action.
If the skill roll is successful, the shifter can attempt to alter (but not stop) the magic being cast

Sense Magic (4) - looking for entities / rng: 120 ft area / dur: 2 min / will recast as soon as duration ends
Sense evil (2) - looking for entities / / rng: 90 ft area / dur: 2 min / will recast as soon as duration ends
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 11
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 13
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 50
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 23

OOC: Sorry for the lateness and short post, I've been working oodles of overtime and I'm just straight up exhausted.

Mech takes a moment or two to examine the NEMA armor when he has a chance.

Skill Roll: Mechanical Engineer - 46%+5% - 1d100 = 33 - PASS
Skill Roll: Electrical Engineer - 56%+5% - 1d100 = 27 - PASS
Skill Roll: Weapons Engineer - 46%+5% - 1d100 = 40 - PASS
OOC: Is it damaged? What needs to be done to bring it up to speed and to be used? Is it something minor that could be done on site? Also, can Mech realize it's advanced and heavy armor even though it's technically not? The more info the better. :)

"Mister Long, this is a highly interesting subject. With your permission, I would like to retain this for potential personal development and research. Perhaps we may find out more later, or else I will be able to use it myself or..."

He looks at Jason and his trashed armor.

"Perhaps reconditioning it for yourself would be most ideal?"

There is a pause that follows.

"Has anyone looked -you- over recently? Given your armor damage?"

Despite the odd phrasing from the monotone voice within the power armor, it's clear this is a question. As in 'Do you want me to fix this thing for you?'

All of the magic stuff is beyond him, so he goes about thinking about tech -- his own form of magic really.

"Guess I'll get to work."

There is the hiss of pressurized air as Mech reaches for the Grease Hawk's helmet and removes it. The face under it is humanoid enough, but has luminous eyes and a metallic lusture to his skin. (OOC: I suspect there may be a nasty penalty to lore: Dbees to recognize mech's species as he might be the only machine person on Earth). He is not obviously mechanical in any way, and as the armor cracks open and he steps out of it he's revealed to actually be nude and absolutely humanoid in every single way.

"If it bothers you." Mech explains. "Give me something to wear and I'll cover up. I do not sweat as you do and generally do not bother with clothing."

He then sets to work, merging with the Behemoth. This process is quite simple to watch as he rests his hand against the hull, small tendrils breaking out of his skin -- in full view of the party -- and connecting to various circuitry. He adopts a distracted look as he begins his mental survey.

It'll probably take a long time as he works system by system, sub system by subsystem.

Robot Mechanics - 41%+5% (+15% for merge)- 1d100 = 50 - PASS
Mechanical Engineer - 46%+5% (+15% for merge) - 1d100 = 53 - PASS
Electrical Engineer - 56%+5% (+15% for merge) - 1d100 = 50 - PASS
Robot Electronics - 51%+5% (+15% for merge)- 1d100 = 46 - PASS
Computer Repair - 51%+5% - 1d100 = 14 (+15% for merge) - PASS
Electricity Generation - 71%+5% - 1d100 = 17 (+15% for merge) - PASS
Weapons Engineer - 46%+5% - 1d100 = 7 (+15% for merge) - PASS
Jury Rig - 61%+5% - 1d100 = 90 (+15% for merge) - Fail
Salvage - 61%+5% - 1d100 = 93 (+15% for merge) - Fail
Sensory Equipment - 45%+5% (+15% for merge) - 1d100 = 7 - PASS
Weapon Systems - 56%+5% (+15% for merge) - 1d100 = 75 - Fail
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:43 pm

A quick and or thorough check of the footlocker finds nothing but the items previously listed. A look at the Armor finds it in fine working order, though Mech is sure anyone would want to change out the filters in the environmental system, because it likely will smell musty. As for resizing, Dhaltuun would find the suit able to fit him just as well as anyone else in the group. A Check of the support computer in the armor shows it wasn't used very much, and it doesn't seem to want to any NEMA servers.

Mech links to the the Behemoth and begins to take a long look at the issues with the vehicle. Mech is not surprised at how bad it seems, given how the vehicle looks. Mech estimates it will take several million credits worth of parts and a dedicated facility to likely get the work finished.

The Behemoth
EX-5 Behemoth Explorer Robot
Image
Model Type: EX-5
Class: Mobile Medical/Research Robot Vehicle
Crew: Three; one pilot, one copilot, one communications officer and can accommodate 20 to 40 passengers, or up to 60 under extremely cramped conditions.
M.D.C. by Location:
Upper Arms/Shoulders (2)—144 each
Forearms (2) — 240 each
Hands (2 large) — 72 each
*Hands (2 small, retractable) — 36 each
Legs (2) — 300 each
* Main Searchlight (1, lower front, large) - 18
*Side & Arm Searchlights (6) — 6 each
Top Mounted Searchlights (2) —12 each
**Sensor Array Turrets (2, rear) — 36 each
Pilot's Compartment — 80/240
Observation Deck (Top) — 160/360
***Main Body — 200/600
* A single asterisk indicates a small and/or difficult target to strike, requiring the attacker to make a "Called Shot", but even then the attacker is -3 to strike.
** Destroying one sensor turret in the rear has no significant impact on sensor readings. Knocking both out means both radar and sensor systems are gone. Note: The turret is a small and difficult target to hit. Thus, it can only be hit when a character makes a called shot and even then, the attacker is -3 to strike and must be in just the right position.
***Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the robot down completely, rendering it useless.
Statistical Data
Running: 40mph (64km) maximum.
Leaping: 10 feet (3m) high and lengthwise but counts as two melee actions and makes a profound thump or crashing sound.
Height: 60'
Width: 20'
Length: 82'
Weight: 25 tons fully loaded, but with empty cargo bay.
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. 40.
Cargo: 15x40x12 storage area. 200 ton limit.
Power System: Nuclear; average energy life is 12 years. (1 year remaining)
Cost: Originally sold for 50 million credits. Price has dropped in recent years to 42.5 million for a new, undamaged, fully powered robot. 20-30 million for a used robot missing 3d6% of it's MDC or 10-15 million for a used and battered vehicle with half the normal M.D.C. and sensory systems. Fair availability for all. Not available with electric batteries.

Weapon Systems
1. Mini-Missile Forearm Launchers (2): Mounted on the side of each arm is a missile launcher.
Range: One mile (1.6km)
Damage: Varies with missile type. Standard issue is fragmentation and plasma.
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of two, three, or four.
Payload: 48 total, 24 in each arm. Hundreds can be stored inside the robot.

2. Hand to Hand Combat:
The Behemoth Explorer is not designed for combat so it gets half the number of attacks and reduce bonuses by half. PS 38 for large arms and hands, PS 21 for the small ones.
Large Arms/Claws: 3D6 M.D. punch and tear/pry, 2D6 M.D. crush, power punch 5d6+3 M.D.
Retractable Arms: 1D4 M.D punch and tear/pry. Power punch not possible.
Stomp or trample: 2D6 M.D.
Body Block: 2D6 M.D. with a 70% of knocking one's opponent down of equal size or smaller. Victims of knockdown loose initiative and one melee attack.
3. Sensor System Note: The Behemoth has some of the best sensory equipment available in a robot vehicle. All standard sensor systems plus the following:
1. Thermo-Imager: 2000' (610m)
2. Infrared and Ultraviolet Optics. Note: The infrared light beam can be seen by anybody who also has infrared optics and can be traced back to it's source. Smoke impairs the infrared beam, making it impossible to see.
3. Infrared Searchlights: 500' (152m)
4. Enhanced Radar: Can identify and simultaneously track up to 96 different targets. Range: 100 miles
5. Multi-Camera System (4): The cameras have telescopic lenses as well as macro-lenses for close work. Range: 4,000' (1,219m)


Items highlighted in Red are missing
Items highlighted in Orange have had the MDC armour completely removed, possibly along with some wiring, but are otherwise intact
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Consumer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:52 pm

That's all Folks

The Templar see that there is nothing left to do in the area, and having completed their goals of investigating the disappearance of Doctor Tombley. The group piles into the Gamera and the Behemoth and makes way to Tombley's base camp. It takes several hours, but the trip proves uneventful. Once the vehicles stop at the site, they are approached by Reginald. "I'm so glad to see you all. I am guessing you've come with the news I have feared." Tombley bows his head in sadness for a few moments before looking back up. "Thank you, did you find his remains? His work...?" Again Tombley listens to the responses. "It seems my father was right. We'll I'll download his notes. I thank you for trying. I suppose a payment is in order." Reginald digs through his bag and pulls out a credit stick. "I have the second half of the payment and I guess you could keep the Behemoth, I have no use for it any more. Though I am curious if you found any relics there? I am willing to pay top dollar for them." Tombrey asks. If the group tells him about the Armor and Gun that were found he excitedly asks to see them, giving them a thorough examination before making an offer. "I'll offer you seventy thousand for both, or fifty thousand for the armor and twenty thousand for the gun." If a deal is made, Tombrey pays his owed credits and offers the group hospitality for the night.

The next morning after a hearty breakfast. Tombrey bids the group farewell and sees them off. The trip back to MercTown is surprisingly pleasant It takes a few days of travel bringing team to the outskirts of MercTown and maybe a mile from there home.

Post replies to Tombrey here, then continue posting here.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:17 am

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 72 =
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 = / 1d100 = 54 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3 =

NG-Super Laser Pistol & Grenade Launcher - payload: laser: 16 / 20 - grenades: 5 / 6
Mage Armor - Main Body: 33 / 50

skills used -


PPE: 99 - Energy Sphere 200 / 285


That's all Folks

The Templar see that there is nothing left to do in the area, and having completed their goals of investigating the disappearance of Doctor Tombley. The group piles into the Gamera and the Behemoth and makes way to Tombley's base camp. It takes several hours, but the trip proves uneventful. Once the vehicles stop at the site, they are approached by Reginald. "I'm so glad to see you all. I am guessing you've come with the news I have feared." Tombley bows his head in sadness for a few moments before looking back up. "Thank you, did you find his remains? His work...?" Again Tombley listens to the responses. "It seems my father was right. We'll I'll download his notes. I thank you for trying. I suppose a payment is in order." Reginald digs through his bag and pulls out a credit stick. "I have the second half of the payment and I guess you could keep the Behemoth, I have no use for it any more. Though I am curious if you found any relics there? I am willing to pay top dollar for them." Tombrey asks. If the group tells him about the Armor and Gun that were found he excitedly asks to see them, giving them a thorough examination before making an offer. "I'll offer you seventy thousand for both, or fifty thousand for the armor and twenty thousand for the gun." If a deal is made, Tombrey pays his owed credits and offers the group hospitality for the night.

Once everyone has chosen where they will ride, dhaltuun will ask Jason for some pointers. ”Pardon me, Gang. I was wondering if y’all would be okay with me helping with piloting of the behemoth? I am learning how to assist as a gunner or co-pilot.” With that said, Dhaltuun starts to gather his gear together, as he awaits an answer.
As the others say they are ready, Dhaltuun puts his gear and coat in one of the rooms and heads to the pilot area. He looks at the area and then he sees the seats. ((Weapon Systems 44% / 1d100 = 46 )) ’I hope this is right!!” He jumps into Co-Pilot’s seat. After a few minutes of checking buttons, and dials, and such, Dhaltuun starts to think ”There is alot of potential in this machine. I have a few ideas.(( See thread in Templar group area)) may as well work on the galley ideas while the others get us moving.” He pulls out his notebook and starts making notes. During the trip, dhaltuun has a random thought “I like this. Next I will ask jason to teach me to drive the apc” Once the arrive at the meeting, he will let the others deal with Tombrey.

The next morning after a hearty breakfast. Tombrey bids the group farewell and sees them off. The trip back to MercTown is surprisingly pleasant It takes a few days of travel bringing team to the outskirts of MercTown and maybe a mile from there home.


Dhaltuun sees the food and looks with the eye of a professional. ((Cooking 59% / 1d100 = 72)).
Regardless of rolls - ”wow!! Nice spread. Looks great.” He gets himself a decent plate, and digs in. As he eats ”This is good. I must remember to get the recipe(s) before we go.” With a smile, he finishes his breakfast. While eating, he looks around him to see who is also up and about. To whomever he sees ”Good Morning. Food smells great!” Once done, Dhaltuun will excuse himself and head out to the Behemoth. On the way out, he will stop at the kitchen ”excuse me? Is the chef of that great meal around? If so, may we talk recipes? Breakfast was well prepeared. As a chef myself, I am always looking for recipes.” Whether or not he gets recipes, Dhaltuun continues to the Behemoth.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby The Mechanic » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 5
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 11
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 23
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 12

Thought Jason may be group leader, it is Mech -- who still hasn't bothered to dress save moving his armor into a storage compartment -- who is sitting in the pilot's seat. He is committed to being the one who nurses the damaged Behemoth along. It can walk all right, but falling down wouldn't be a good thing at all with so many systems exposed thanks to the rough handling from the zombies.

As the dwarf plonks down into the co-pilot's seat, Mech stares at him with slightly luminous yellow eyes.

He really is a strange being.

Either way, for a moment he stares silently at Dhaltuun.

His expression is completely neutral. It's strange, really. There's a lack of emotion to Mech's face that pretty much matches the too-even monotone of his voice.

He isn't judging at all, but it's like he's trying to decide what he makes of it.

Evidently, he accepts it.

"... if you want to begin with something useful, Dhaltuun, you may monitor display 6-B. That is the output of the primary reactor. This one, as you can see, is almost out of fuel. We will have highs and lows of power because of that and the computer may not always be fast enough at adjusting. You may begin by using the keypad on the left to raise and lower output levels. What you are actually doing when that control is manipulated is exposing more fuel to the reaction. You see, there are more stages to giving life to this machine that something powered by internal combustion. If you are driving a truck, you apply throttle which increases fuel flow and oxygen. The Behemoth, like any other robot, may only react as fast as it has power to do. So if we wish to increase our speed we must raise reactor output accordingly and then we issue our command. "

He tilts his head, waiting to see if Dhaltuun understands. "Have you ever operated a tractor? Or other heavy machinery? It is the same. You increase throttle to bring the engine up to power, but because your drives are hydraulic, what you are doing is merely making power available for the drives to use . . . . not simply increasing engine power to go faster. You must bring your engine power up to the level you need, and then you press your controls to do as you wish to do. Do you understand? This is important, many military and heavy vehicles work in this way. If you simply press the gas pedal in a such a vehicle without bringing your engine power up, you will stall. In the case of the Behemoth, the legs will not move fast enough and we may fall."

There is no smile from him, and yet the monotone voice is slightly less monotone and is more encouraging.

"I have confidence you will succeed. When you learn to monitor that, I will give you something else to do that you may learn from. We will have you an able assistant by the time we reach Merctown." He pauses anew, one last time. "I will pilot by hand instead of what I did before, so that you may observe what I do and learn from it. Please, by all means, stop me and ask questions if you wish to know something. I am pleased that you have taken an interest."

Mech will go on talking for a long time. He is a wealth of information on just about anything technical. From automobiles to the Behemoth itself, Mech knows at least something about it. By the time they arrive home, Dhaltuun might be surprised to find out in casual conversation that Mech is a fully licensed medical doctor and bionics specialist as well. He may be odd and have the emotional outgoingness of a house plant, but Mech knows his stuff. He is also incredibly patient, and will answer any of Dhaltuun's technical questions as best he can without even a hint that he is annoyed -- and he isn't. Mech enjoys talking about the things that are important to him and this very much is.

On arrival at Tombley's, his demeanor changes a little. He is beginning to think of the work that is ahead of him.

"Mister Long." He repeats, and will attempt to see Jason -before- they see Tombrey. "Do not sell that armor. I would like to repair it and recondition it for you."

Aside from that, he stays mostly out of the meeting except when everything else is done.

"Once we get to Merctown, Mister Long, I will want to contact my former collegues at Northern Gun. It is possible I may be able to secure better facilities for work of this magnitude. I am going to need assistants as well, but... this will be a most wonderful project."
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Roughnecks

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:57 am

ROLLS HELD OVER -

Mechanic As the dwarf plonks down into the co-pilot's seat, Mech stares at him with slightly luminous yellow eyes.

Either way, for a moment he stares silently at Dhaltuun.

His expression is completely neutral. It's strange, really. There's a lack of emotion to Mech's face that pretty much matches the too-even monotone of his voice.

He isn't judging at all, but it's like he's trying to decide what he makes of it.

Evidently, he accepts it.


Dhaltuun notices Mechanic already in the pilots seat. ’Well, that makes it easy.” He gives Mec a nod and a little wave as he finds his seat. ”Hope you don’t mind? I was gonna get Jason to show me a thing or two, but you can as well. I apologize, I didnt even think to ask you. For that, I am sorry.” Dhaltuun is in the process of pulling out his notebook when he hears Mechanic speak again.

Mechanic "... if you want to begin with something useful, Dhaltuun, you may monitor display 6-B. That is the output of the primary reactor. This one, as you can see, is almost out of fuel. We will have highs and lows of power because of that and the computer may not always be fast enough at adjusting. You may begin by using the keypad on the left to raise and lower output levels. What you are actually doing when that control is manipulated is exposing more fuel to the reaction. You see, there are more stages to giving life to this machine that something powered by internal combustion. If you are driving a truck, you apply throttle which increases fuel flow and oxygen. The Behemoth, like any other robot, may only react as fast as it has power to do. So if we wish to increase our speed we must raise reactor output accordingly and then we issue our command. "


”Whoa!! Slow down. Okay, Display 6-B? Ok...got it.” He will then work as Mechanic speaks. ”This is tough. But I got this.” a adjusts the levels a little, to get the feel. ”Okay. We will do +25% power and see what happens, then -25% power to return to where we are.” As he makes the adjustments, he watches the display as well as Mechanic. ”Ok. So adding 25% for 10 secs, then lowering power 25% to where we are now. I want to see and experience the change, it will help me learn.”

Mechanic He tilts his head, waiting to see if Dhaltuun understands. "Have you ever operated a tractor? Or other heavy machinery? It is the same. You increase throttle to bring the engine up to power, but because your drives are hydraulic, what you are doing is merely making power available for the drives to use . . . . not simply increasing engine power to go faster. You must bring your engine power up to the level you need, and then you press your controls to do as you wish to do. Do you understand? This is important, many military and heavy vehicles work in this way. If you simply press the gas pedal in a such a vehicle without bringing your engine power up, you will stall. In the case of the Behemoth, the legs will not move fast enough and we may fall."


With a tinge of regret, dhaltuun smiles and looks over to Mechanic ”I can sail, so let me try to put it in a way I think I get.*clears throat* So if I need speed, I open the sail....if I need control, I shorten the sail... make adjustments, then give commands??

Mechanic There is no smile from him, and yet the monotone voice is slightly less monotone and is more encouraging.

"I have confidence you will succeed. When you learn to monitor that, I will give you something else to do that you may learn from. We will have you an able assistant by the time we reach Merctown." He pauses anew, one last time. "I will pilot by hand instead of what I did before, so that you may observe what I do and learn from it. Please, by all means, stop me and ask questions if you wish to know something. I am pleased that you have taken an interest."

Mech will go on talking for a long time. He is a wealth of information on just about anything technical. From automobiles to the Behemoth itself, Mech knows at least something about it. By the time they arrive home, Dhaltuun might be surprised to find out in casual conversation that Mech is a fully licensed medical doctor and bionics specialist as well. He may be odd and have the emotional outgoingness of a house plant, but Mech knows his stuff. He is also incredibly patient, and will answer any of Dhaltuun's technical questions as best he can without even a hint that he is annoyed -- and he isn't. Mech enjoys talking about the things that are important to him and this very much is.


((OOC: I am using this as an oppurtunity for RP’ing EP bought skills))
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Jason Long » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:32 am

Perception: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 53

Consumer wrote: "It seems my father was right. We'll I'll download his notes. I thank you for trying. I suppose a payment is in order." Reginald digs through his bag and pulls out a credit stick. "I have the second half of the payment and I guess you could keep the Behemoth, I have no use for it any more. Though I am curious if you found any relics there? I am willing to pay top dollar for them." Tombrey asks. If the group tells him about the Armor and Gun that were found he excitedly asks to see them, giving them a thorough examination before making an offer. "I'll offer you seventy thousand for both, or fifty thousand for the armor and twenty thousand for the gun."


Jason accepts the credit stick from Tombley and shows him the NEMA armor and gun, but Jason refuses the offer. "We will be keeping those. But you are welcome to take detailed photos and scans of them. " Once the business with Tombley is complete, Jason bids him farewell.

Jason walks over to Dhaltuun and hands him the NEMA pistol. "You found this, if you can use it, it is yours." Jason puts the armor into storage for the trip back to Merctown and helps load up the Behemoth. If the storage bay will hold it, Jason works with mechanic to load the APC. If not, Jason will drive the APC on the way back while Dhaltuun gets mech operating lessons from Mechanic.

Once the team gets close to Merctown, Jason tries to radio Rufus. "Long to Rufus. do you copy? Long to Rufus, we are back, please rendezvous at the base. We have some work to do and decisions to make."
Jason Long

[ooc=Conditions]HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Image
M.D.C. by Location
[size=85]• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest