The signal for Terror

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The signal for Terror

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:16 pm

((rolls held))

PPE: 201 for 67 rds (16 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285

As he reaches Jason, he responds to his question. ”I would be happy to.” as he takes the weapon, he looks at it with a loving eye. ’This is a beautiful weapon. She will do well for you, if you treat her right. Anytime you need a refill, please just ask.” Dhaltuun then hands the weapon back. ”Your weapon, sir,....will kill.” there is a smirk and a hint of amusement on his face.
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
Conditions
PPE: 9 / 108
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
railgun ammo: 100 / 200
Dhaltuun Onyxforge

Postby The Mechanic » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:27 am

Perception: 1d20| 1d20 = 14
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 13
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 70
Init: 1d20+3 | 1d20+3 = 21

The Mechanic is distracted by some nagging system readout from inside the Behemoth.

He can't really help it, he's a machine as well and all of those red flagged systems and locations really are a problem.

By the time he snaps out of it the battle has already begun and he has a decision to make.

Should he unlink from the Behemoth and just fly his armor, or leverage some of the Behemoth's weight?

The first thing that he has to do though is stare for a long second.

Blashphemous use of technology. There must be a weakness.

OOC: Trying to find something usable, weakness wise. Otherwise even information would be great. Spending my entire round to analyze.

Skill Roll | Read Sensory Equipment | Target: 45 | 1d100 = 23 - Use Grease Hawk's sensors to help gather info - Pass
Skill Roll - Bioware Mechanics | Target: 40 | 1d100 = 11 - Inspect Zombies - Pass
Skill Roll - Robot Mechanics | Target: 41 | 1d100 = 35 - Inspect Zombies - Pass
Skill Roll - Robot Electronics | Target: 51| 1d100 = 73 - Inspect Zombies - Fail
Skill Roll - Mechanical Engineer | Target: 46 | 1d100 = 57 - Inspect Zombies - Fail
Skill Roll - Electrical Engineer | Target: 56 | 1d100 = 44 - Inspect Zombies - Pass
Skill Roll - Weapons Engineer | Target: 46 | 1d100 = 92 - Inspect Zombies - Fail

Perhaps he finds something, perhaps he does not, but in the end, he unlinks from the Behemoth and begins to move on his own in just his power armor -- even if he hasn't yet had time to re-link to it.

Actions #1-6: Inspect Zombies.
ACtions #7: Unlink from Behemoth and move away.
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?

Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:56 pm

The Templar stand before the smoking ruins of two scrap-infused zombies and the hollow empty darkness of the Behemoth darkly beckons the mercenaries to enter or flee. Dhaltuun looks over the members of the Templar, and finds Ersa is pretty badly wounded, and still resting in the back of the APC. Jason seems fine as does Hours, and Dhaltunn wouldn’t know if something was wrong with the Mechanic, as he is unfamiliar with the beings race.

Jason looks at the sensors for a moment, but they’re not telling him anything new or useful. Quitting that, he turns to Dhaltuun and asks if he can charge his TW Thundergun. Dhaltuun easily recharges he weapon while admiring the look of it.

(-15 P.P.E. Dhaltuun)

The Mechanic unlinks from the Behemoth which seems to almost sigh at the action. Mechanic manages to make his way over to the Zombie corpses and takes a long hard look at them. What he sees doesn’t add up properly. It appears like cybernetic integration, but that’s all it is appearance. The metallic bits seem fused unnaturally to the organic bits, not unlike Mechanics natural ability to meld with things. The chainsaws and the elecromagnetic nail gun seem like they’re still functional, but in need of cleaning for sure. All of the “armor” is just scrap really, it did the job only because it was in the way.

his leaves the Templar with one unanswered question. What is causing the feeling of uneasiness.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 am

Perception: 1d20 = 4 =
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 = / 1d100 = 7 =
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22 =

Armor Of Ithan - 30 MDC for 3 min 00 sec ( 12 / 12 rounds)

skills used -
Paramedic 45% / 1d100 = 97
Lore: Demon 60% / 1d100 = 75
Lore: Faerie 45% / 1d100 = 27
Lore: Magic -General Knowledge: 50% / 1d100 = 41
Lore: Dimension Lore 50% / 1d100 = 58

PPE: 191 for 67 rds (16 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285

POST - The signal for Terror

The Templar stand before the smoking ruins of two scrap-infused zombies and the hollow empty darkness of the Behemoth darkly beckons the mercenaries to enter or flee.

Dhaltuun looks from the zombies to the open hatch. ”By Njord!! That is creeepy.” He gives a visible shudder. He looks around, seeing who is up fighting. ”I suggest this...I “call in” some help, probably dogs. They can help us find anything that may be hiding. While I get ready, everyone load up and rest if needed. I will return shortly. By the by, there are some snacks in the APC.” He whistles , and marcella lands on his shoulder. He walks away, looking like the pirate he prays to.

As he walks, ”That was a beautiful weapon. I wonder if I can find one like that, but resembles a flintlock. I like the way those look. Anyway, back to work. What do we need for this?? Some kind of tracker and combat skills would be good, but not necessary. “ Dhaltuun tries to think back over his lessons and research. ((Lore: Demon 60% / Lore: Dimension Lore 50% / Lore: Faerie 45% )

Dhaltuun heads to the PC to gather his things. Before he leaves, he checks on Erza. Using his limited knowledge and healing magic, he does his best to make her comfortable. ((Paramedic 45%)) Then with a affectionate pat on her cheek, he heads out. The whole time, Marcella has been sitting on his shoulder preening herself. ”Looks like everyone is ok, more or less. Erza is comfortable and recovering, the others are up and fighting....the new guy thu...don’t know what he is, so I will trust him to worry about him.”

As he once again heads off to do his thing, Dhaltuun sees mechanic looking at the corpses. ”wonder he is thinking about? What is he? A mechanic/doctor/cop?? And now adventurer?? Impressive if I am correct. Lets go see what is in there ,Marcella.”

He checks his pistol as he walks toward the behemoth. With a snap of his fingers, he mutters ”Oh yeah! Almost forgot.” Then casts Armor of Ithan on himself
1d100 = 97
1d100 = 75
1d100 = 27
1d100 = 41
1d100 = 58
1d100 = 38
1d6*10 = 40
Conditions
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
Dhaltuun Onyxforge

Postby Jason Long » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:09 am

Perception: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 73

Jason accepts the Thundergun back from Dhaltuun and thanks him for the recharge. "I am rather fond of it myself, I just wish I had the ability to recharge it. Good job playing medic as well. "

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”I suggest this...I “call in” some help, probably dogs. They can help us find anything that may be hiding. While I get ready, everyone load up and rest if needed. I will return shortly. By the by, there are some snacks in the APC.”

Jason agrees with Dhaltuun's idea, "Sounds like a plan. I've worked with dogs before and I'm always amazed by what they can sniff out." Jason keeps an eye on the cargo bay and checks on the Mechanic.

"So, what have we got? Any ideas? Once we have the cargo checked out, we will recover what we can and give these a decent burial."
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52

Armor: • Helmet: 35
• Arms (2): 18 each
• Legs (2): 30 each
• Main Body: 55
• Unisuit (underlining): 25
Weight: 12 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills and skills requiring dexterity

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 280&t=7151
Jason Long
Group Leader

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:05 pm

((rolls held))

Jason agrees with Dhaltuun's idea, "Sounds like a plan. I've worked with dogs before and I'm always amazed by what they can sniff out." Jason keeps an eye on the cargo bay and checks on the Mechanic.

Dhaltuun stops walking and looks back at Jason. ”It will take about 10 mins to cast my summon dog spell. Can we spare it? If so, i will cast it immediately.” He gives his pockets ands bags a quick rummage, then with a nod ”Ready.”

If Jason agrees - dhaltuun will move about 20 ft away and cast summon canine.

If jason says to wait - Dhaltuun will stand ready near bottom of ramp.
Conditions
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
Dhaltuun Onyxforge

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum