A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Consumer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Date, Time, & Weather wrote:MercTown: March 04, 111 PA 11:30 AM
Weather: Cloudy with a Light Wind (8 mph). 48°F (8°C)


The morning arrives as it has for the past few months, with the Templar at the Farm. A quick series of knocks on the Farm house's front door bring the groups attention to a visitor. At the door is a Human Male with dusky skin wearing rugged travel clothes and a wrap around his neck and shoulders.

ImageImage

"Greetings, I'm looking for the Templar. My Name is Rasid Bharb, and I would like to hire them."
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 12 =
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 = / 1d100 = 57 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 13 =

”Finally!!” Dhaltuun lets out a small yell of joy as the last package is opened on the dining room table. ”Jessie!! They arrived!! The Templar rings!! The group will love these.” Dhaltuun clears his throat, and picks up a box with a ring in it. ”Jessie, This is for you. It is a sign of being one of our team. I give you this with no strings or commitments beyond what we have agreed upon, unless you decide to. I do expect honesty, in an all matters. I swear to be honest and sincere with you in all matters as well. Please accept this token of respect and loyalty.” He places the ring and the box on the table near her. With a bow, dhaltuun smiles ”I have one for all the other members of the group as well. But first....” ”Marcella! Come here, my sweet.”

Once Marcella arrives, dhaltuun gets her to land on one of the many various perches in the room. ’My girl. I got something for you.” Dhaltuun attaches the ring to her harness. ”My best girl needs bling too. Haha!!” with that done, dhaltuun cleans up his mess and heads to kitchen. ’time to start prepping lunch.’ He goes thru the pantry and cupboards, trying to think of a good lunch. Dhaltuun has an armful of foodstuffs, with a few miscellaneous items floating along, as he leaves the pantry for the cooking area. ”Thank Njord for manipulate objects spell. It is like having extra arms when needed.” as he deposits it all on the counter, He hears the door knocks. ’GOT IT!!” Dhaltuun heads to the door.

Opening the door reveals a dwarf with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, wiping his hands on a cloth at his belt. He appears to be wearing a leather apron with knioves and spice jars as well as a bottle or two attached. He speaks ’Heya!! I be Dhaltuun of the Templars. Please come in. Let me get you a drink?” as he heads back to kitchen, dhaltuun hits the radio ’Templars!! Gather in the kitchen. We have a visitor who wants to hire us. Oh and I have gifts for all of you.”
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7/ 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines, or their combinations
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 15

Hearing the squawk of the radio, Dexter looks up from his personal computer. He takes a moment from working on his schematics to listen.

Dhaltunn wrote: Dhaltuun hits the radio ’Templars!! Gather in the kitchen. We have a visitor who wants to hire us. Oh and I have gifts for all of you.”


Gifts and a chance for some adventuring!? Sounds like it might be me lucky day. I guess I can take a quick break from me projects, it's not like they’re going to grow legs and walk away.. well maybe… Dexter’s thoughts trail off into his subconscious. As Dexter picks up a few things and tidies the place up a bit, he lights up a cigar. Grabbing his top hat and computer before heading off to the kitchen.

Dexter strolls his way into the kitchen. As he enters, he checks to see if any of the other members had arrived, yet. When he sees Dhaltunn, he walks over to the dwarf and proceeds to start a conversation with him. When Dexter is introduced to the potential client, he tips his hat and give a smile.

”Hey cuz, what's the skinny? Do ya know anything yet, or we wait'n for the rest of us?” Dexter shifts he eyes a little suspiciously. “So you got me a present, did ya? Do tell. Makes me fell a bit ashamed cuz i didn’t get you one.” Dexter produces a half smile while shifting his cigar to the other side of his mouth.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Rufus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 64

Consumer wrote:
Date, Time, & Weather wrote:MercTown: March 04, 111 PA 11:30 AM
Weather: Cloudy with a Light Wind (8 mph). 48°F (8°C)


The morning arrives as it has for the past few months, with the Templar at the Farm. A quick series of knocks on the Farm house's front door bring the groups attention to a visitor. At the door is a Human Male with dusky skin wearing rugged travel clothes and a wrap around his neck and shoulders.

"Greetings, I'm looking for the Templar. My Name is Rasid Bharb, and I would like to hire them."


Rufus is out taking his new hovercycle for a spin around the farm on this cloudy March morning, practicing maneuvers at its maximum operational ceiling (120' up) so as to get a better grasp on how far he can push it without causing it to tumble out of the sky. Should he start to lose control he'll quickly descend to lower altitudes until he gets stabilized once again.

Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 32/82% (to maneuver at max 120' altitude)
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 58/82% (to maneuver at max 120' altitude)
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 48/92% (to maneuver at 60' altitude)
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 34/92% (to maneuver at 60' altitude)
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 59/102% (to maneuver at less than 30' altitude)
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 100/102% (to maneuver at less than 30' altitude)

Od's blood, they weren't kidding when they said it wasn't meant to go very high off the ground... he thinks to himself. Maybe I should've held out for a Warbird?

Once he gets it back in the barn and hooked back up to a charger he comes back to the house with visions of side-mounted holsters and flaming paint jobs dancing in his head... until his comlink buzzing in his ear brings him back to reality.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:"Templars!! Gather in the kitchen. We have a visitor who wants to hire us. Oh and I have gifts for all of you."


Is it lunchtime? I guess it is... here's hoping those gifts are some tasty meat pies... Rufus shakes his head. And a new client too? That's welcome news.

He walks through the door. "Lunchtime already, Dhal?" he calls out as he enters. "What you got on the stove? I'm hungry enough to eat a gallon of Carny's recycled ice cream all by myself..." He takes in some inquisitive sniffs as he heads towards the kitchen -- partly to catch the scent of the 'visitor,' partly to catch the familiar scents of whoever might also be in the house, and partly because he really is hungry and wants a sneak peek of what's for lunch. Like the old Kankoran saying goes, the first bite is with the nose.

1d100 = 97/67% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 5/42% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away

He enters the kitchen to find that Dhaltuun's not alone with the visitor. "Oh, hello Gospa Jessica... and Marcella..." he bows slightly to both. As the smoke of a lit cigar reaches his nostils he knows without looking that one of two other Templars are also in the kitchen. He turns to see Dexter and shakes his head while chuckling softly. "Promise me one thing, Fancy Hat -- that you and Jason never start smoking the same brand. That'd get mighty confusing."

Then his gaze settles on the visitor. "And you must be the guest Dhaltuun mentioned." He reaches out his hand. "Dobrodošli. Welcome -- I'm Rufus. It's nice to meet you. I presume Dhal's already offered you something to eat and drink?" Human. Doesn't look the pampered type. Also doesn't look the type that could afford to hire a mercenary group. But one can't see by eyes alone.

As he shakes the newcomer's hand (assuming he accepts the offer) Rufus glances over his physical form to see if he can pick up any magic energy emanating from it. (see magic energy)

"Officer Long is the boss around here, so you'll probably want to wait until he's here to get down to brass tacks. But please, have a seat and make yourself comfortable in the meantime..." he gestures to a seat and hops up on a stool himself. "So where you hail from, Gospod Bharb? And how'd you hear about us?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Jason Long » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 am

Perception: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 98

((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100 = 5% ))

Jason is out behind the barn, looking for a good site for a new hangar when the radio crackles,
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: ’Templars!! Gather in the kitchen. We have a visitor who wants to hire us. Oh and I have gifts for all of you.”


This should be interesting. First job with the new team. and did he say 'gifts?' Jason heads to the house, pausing to straighten his uniform before he enters the kitchen to find the team gathering around their guest. Jason quickly, but carefully sizes up the newcomer as he enters.

Jason put on his best smile and holds out his hand as he walks up to the stranger. "I am Jason Long,leader of the Templar. How may we be of service?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Two Claws » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:24 am

Perception : 1d100 = 60 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 69

Hearing a lot of clamor coming from the dinner area, Two Claws wakes up from her cat nap. Strolling out of the room, she takes a look around. She stretches her arms towards the ceiling and lets out an audible yawn. Awe, good, finally we get to do something. All this slumping about has med my bones stiff. I need to keep them limber. Looks like the two dwarves and Rufus are getting along nicely. Now where do I want to sit. Two Claws finds her favorite near a window and makes her self comfortable. Content on just watching and letting the other members do the talking.

Two Claws keeps a watchful eye on the two new comers. Weary of their intentions. The smells of food wafting from the kitchen makes her stomach growl. It is about lunch time. New client, eat and then pack up for the job. I hope we get this show stated soon. At some point during the conversations between everyone, Two Claws gets up out of her seat and wonders into the kitchen to check what is for lunch. ”Smells good. What are we having?” She asks Dhaltunn, who is dressed like the cook and that is what she assumes. If it walk and talks like a duck, then it must be a duck.
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:13 pm

((ROLLS HELD OVER))

Dhaltuun returns to the kitchen and gets started on feeding the army gathered. Lookng around, there is a glint of fondness in his eyes as he watches the group together. ”Praise Njord. He has led me to this fellowship of heroes. This is where I belong.” Dhaltuun makes a small cough sound. ”Okay, listen up. If you are in my kitchen, you are helping.....otherwise find a seat. I am all for company, but be out of the way.” He then begins moving around and prepping as only a pro chef can. As he moves, he notices rufus ”Rufus, you are on veggie duty. Please slice peppers long ways...use 2 of each color (yellow, green, red). Then can you chop onions and mushrooms.” with a quick pat on rufus’ back, dhaltuun says a quick thanks as he moves over to the stove.

”Water is boiling.....now for the crawdads.” He looks up ”Jessie, can you give me a hand please? I need you to dump this bowl into the pot while I hold the pot steady.” Once Jessie has grabbed the bowl and dumped it, dhaltuun smiles and nods his thanks. ’Thank ye, milady. If you have any skills with which to assist in making lunch, jump in.’ He snaps straight, and with a snap of his fingers ’Got it!!! can you please hand out those boxes? The little ones on the table. Each is labelled with the owner’s name.” He then heads to the counter and starts prepping a roast of some kind.

After a few minutes of casual conversation, the smells wafting around the kitchen is mouth watering to all. ”now that the veggies are in the pot, soaking with the craws, this is a good time to turn the roast and start the jambalaya.” He makes some wild rice mixed with white rice, sets that in a bowl off to the side while he turns and checks the roast. ”Ready!! I love this high tech age....cooking is so much faster.” As he stands up, he declares ”READY!! Line up with a plate and I will dish out what you want.” With that, Dhaltuun puts a hand cask on the counter. 'with Dwarven beer as well" He looks over at the guest. [b]"You too, my friend. Everyone eats in this house.

((OOC - the boxes contain a silver ring with Templar design on it. Ring sits in a small hand made wooden ring box with members name. There is one ring per group member,c including Jacob - Rufus, Mechanic. Two-Claws, Jason, Dexter. Jessie, Dhaltuun and Marcella are already wearing their rings. -- See Dhaltuun gear))
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:05 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Dhaltunn wrote:”’Got it!!! can you please hand out those boxes? The little ones on the table. Each is labelled with the owner’s name.”


Dexter takes the little box from Jesse. He hastily opens it. A look of shocked disappointment quickly engulfed his face. Looking up from the box he glances around looking to see if any of the other members had opened their gifts as well before looking back over into the kitchen where Dhaltunn is preparing the food. [I]Just cuz I wear a fancy hat doesn't mean I'm like those bloody Elves. All glamorus and what not. What kind of Dwarf is he. Don't think I meet any like him. ”Hey cuz! What do I look like the fancy jewelry wearing kind’a folk to ya? What in Grimtall’s beard am I sup’pta wit this?” Placing the box down on the counter. Standing there with a stoic look, he waits for a response.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Dhaltuun stops moving and looks at Dex. "WTF?? With a deep breathe, Dhaltuun replies. "No "Cuz", i didnt think that at all. This is a token or a symbol of the Templar. If you dont want to wear it on your hand, maybe you can pin it it to this. " He places a hat on the table.
Attachments
dex hat.jpg
dex hat.jpg (18.17 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Consumer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Conversations and actions happen as written.

Once the group has gathered near the visitor, he smiles. "Well mister Long I am Professor Bharb. I am a professor of pre-cataclysmic history at Lazlo University. I was hoping to hire your team to act as escorts during an expedition into the area called the dinosaur swamp. We're willing to pay you in both currency and in supplies for the trip." Says Professor Bharb. Those watching the man speak notice though he doesn't seem uncomfortable speaking with the group, he doesn't seem particularly skilled in trying to sell his expedition to a group of mercenaries.

"The university has authorized me to offer four million credits for what is likely going to be a six month to one year contract. This would be in addition to supplying all necessary foodstuffs and basic goods for the trip. You would be going with me and my team to explore the areas formerly known as North and South Carolina, Georgia, and areas of Mississippi and Louisiana. I noticed that you're team has a Behemoth Explorer parked outside, that would be an excellent vehicle to use on the trip down there as it would unlikely be hindered by the terrain and also be an unlikely target for most of the dinosaurs known to roam down there." Professor Bharb stops for a moment, likely noticing that he's rambling on.

"So are you interested?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue May 01, 2018 6:56 am

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 75 =
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 = / 1d100 = 25 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 5 =

Skills used -
Cooking 59% / 1d100 = 72 - how much food to feed group for a year = FAIL
Holistic Medicine 39%/29% / 1d100 = 16 - remedies for common stuff = PASS
Preserve food 54% / 1d100 = 75 - jams, jellies, pickles, etc = FAIL
Paramedic 54% / 1d100 = 61- common meds for swamps = fail
Wilderness Survival 59% / 1d100 = 40- what terrain and environmental issues there may be = PASS
Land Navigation 48% / 1d100 = 96 - terrain and weather issues there may be = FAIL
Mathematics: Basic 103% / 1d100 = 67- how much for group for year in supplies = PASS
Lore: Demon 69% / 1d100 = 63- what I may find = PASS
Lore: Faerie 54% / 1d100 = 75- what I may find = FAIL
Lore: Magic - **General Knowledge: 59% / 1d100 = 50- what I may find = PASS


Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Once the group has gathered near the visitor, he smiles. "Well mister Long I am Professor Bharb. I am a professor of pre-cataclysmic history at Lazlo University.


Dhaltuun looks up from his cleaning up after everyone ate. ”A professor?? You look a little young.” ’I hope he doesn’t take that wrong.” He continues to listen as he finishes his cleaning.

I was hoping to hire your team to act as escorts during an expedition into the area called the dinosaur swamp. We're willing to pay you in both currency and in supplies for the trip." Says Professor Bharb. Those watching the man speak notice though he doesn't seem uncomfortable speaking with the group, he doesn't seem particularly skilled in trying to sell his expedition to a group of mercenaries.



Dhaltuun drops the plate he is holding. As it hits the floor and shatters, ”Dino Swamp!! I have stories from my pap about that place. Magic, dinos, Even real barbarians....we have to go!! This could be fun.” There is a glimmer of something..excitement, with a little danger....in his eye as he seems to look far away. With a shake, He returns to the moment. ’Sorry, memories.” Dhaltuun grabs a mug of beer from the cask and finds a chair as the professor continues.

"The university has authorized me to offer four million credits for what is likely going to be a six month to one year contract. This would be in addition to supplying all necessary foodstuffs and basic goods for the trip.”


As Dhaltuun hears this, he puts down his beer and pulls out his notepad. ”You supply ALL the foodstuffs for up to a year?? And basic goods? I will compile a list.” Dhaltuun starts to think of what may be needed. When the talk turns to lacatoion, Dhaltuun flips to a new page and starts a list of swamp gear. ”Excuse me...When you say basic gear...what are the limits? I will be attempting to procure or track down what we may need, and I just want to know limits, so I don’t call for permission on every item.” He turns to Long ’If you don’t mind, Sir.” He will await an answer before heading off to start work on his lists. ”If there are any special needs or requests, please let me know and I will add to list.”
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue May 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 47

Professor Bharb wrote:"Well mister Long I am Professor Bharb. I am a professor of pre-cataclysmic history at Lazlo University. I was hoping to hire your team to act as escorts during an expedition into the area called the dinosaur swamp. We're willing to pay you in both currency and in supplies for the trip." Says Professor Bharb. Those watching the man speak notice though he doesn't seem uncomfortable speaking with the group, he doesn't seem particularly skilled in trying to sell his expedition to a group of mercenaries.


Pre-cataclysmic, hey? Professor? That means he is a master of old stuff? Why send a professor to do the talking? He’s not even doing a good job at selling it to us. Something doesn't feel right, got’ta keep an eye open. Dinosaur Swamp! Thunder-lizards! Ah, he’s probably a dino doc then, since they're are from the past brought back to the present.. No wonder why he's a little skeptical. Dexter shifts uneasily in his seat as Bharb introduces himself. To cover up his uneasiness, he walks over to the kitchen and grabs a mug of beer.

Professor Bharb wrote: "The university has authorized me to offer four million credits for what is likely going to be a six month to one year contract. This would be in addition to supplying all necessary foodstuffs and basic goods for the trip. You would be going with me and my team to explore the areas formerly known as North and South Carolina, Georgia, and areas of Mississippi and Louisiana. I noticed that you're team has a Behemoth Explorer parked outside, that would be an excellent vehicle to use on the trip down there as it would unlikely be hindered by the terrain and also be an unlikely target for most of the dinosaurs known to roam down there." Professor Bharb stops for a moment, likely noticing that he's rambling on.

"So are you interested?"


As Dexter walks back to his seat, he takes a moment to peer around and gauge the reaction if his fellow companions. When he gets back to his seat, his kind starts to wonder the conversation at hand. Well, maybe I could you the opportunity to go rock hounding while we’re down there. Also heard there was a TW town somewhere should make mention of it to the group. We might need some heavier fire power. Being one of the new additions to the group, Dexter decides to lay low for the moment and wait until a few more put their two cents in.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Two Claws » Wed May 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 32 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 12

As the professor explains his proposal, Two Claws’ ears perk up. Her heart begins to race with the thought of combat. Sitting up and paying a little more attention to what he’s saying.

Professor Bharb wrote:"So are you interested?"



Two Claws jumps out of her seat, filled with excitement that she contain anymore. ”So, I can't speak for the others but to go and be able to test my mantle, I so in.” I got to make sure that my knives are sharp then I'll be ready to sink my teeth into some dinosaur flesh.
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Jason Long » Sun May 06, 2018 11:16 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 65

Jason accepts the box from Jesse and thanks Dhaltuun. He opens it and smiles at the contents. Jason pulls out the ring, puts it on, and smiles, nodding at Dhaltuun. Jason forbears eating for the moment and listens intently to the professor as he speaks, absently drawing on his cigar occasionally.

Consumer wrote:"So are you interested?"


Jason leans forward slightly as he replies. "We may be, Professor. What is the specific goal of your expedition? The fact that you are covering such a wide area; several pre-cataclismic states, and the fact that you are a specialist in pre-cataclismic history suggests that you are looking for clues to something. You aren't a biologist or wildlife researcher, so this isn't to study the dinosaurs. What are you looking for? Before you say I have no need to know, I am responsible for the lives of everyone of the Templar. Also, on this mission it sounds like I will be responsible for your lives as well. So I need to know what we are looking for so we can prepare appropriately. For example, are their any competitors to that goal? Are there any indications that the supernatural is involved? How many members of your team are there? Will you be providing your own transport or riding with us? How much gear will you be bringing?"

Smelling Dhaltuun's cooking, Jason's manner softens. He leans back. "Of course, we can work out the details after dinner, if you like. Please join us, relax and tell us what you can about the expedition."
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Rufus » Mon May 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 99

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Rufus, you are on veggie duty. Please slice peppers long ways...use 2 of each color (yellow, green, red). Then can you chop onions and mushrooms.” with a quick pat on rufus’ back, dhaltuun says a quick thanks as he moves over to the stove.


"You got it, sauce boss..." Rufus grins as he picks up a knife and twirls it around in his fingers before getting down to playing the role of furry veg-o-matic. The peppers, onions and mushrooms are sliced/chopped up in short order and emptied into the pot.

Chef Dhal wrote:He snaps straight, and with a snap of his fingers ’Got it!!! can you please hand out those boxes? The little ones on the table. Each is labelled with the owner’s name.”


Rufus accepts his box from the valkyrie with a nod. "Hvala vam, m'lady... Chef, you're too kind. You shouldn't have." He opens it up to find the ring inside. Whoa, that's rather nice. He slips the ring on his finger and closes his eyes as he tries to bond with its magical properties, only to find out there aren't any. Hmph. Just for ornamentation eh? Still a nice gesture though, kinda like... oh wait...

He opens his eyes and glances over at Dhaltuun. "Hey -- this doesn't mean we're engaged, does it?"

Consumer wrote:"Well mister Long I am Professor Bharb. I am a professor of pre-cataclysmic history at Lazlo University. I was hoping to hire your team to act as escorts during an expedition into the area called the dinosaur swamp. We're willing to pay you in both currency and in supplies for the trip." Says Professor Bharb. Those watching the man speak notice though he doesn't seem uncomfortable speaking with the group, he doesn't seem particularly skilled in trying to sell his expedition to a group of mercenaries.

"The university has authorized me to offer four million credits for what is likely going to be a six month to one year contract. This would be in addition to supplying all necessary foodstuffs and basic goods for the trip. You would be going with me and my team to explore the areas formerly known as North and South Carolina, Georgia, and areas of Mississippi and Louisiana. I noticed that you're team has a Behemoth Explorer parked outside, that would be an excellent vehicle to use on the trip down there as it would unlikely be hindered by the terrain and also be an unlikely target for most of the dinosaurs known to roam down there." Professor Bharb stops for a moment, likely noticing that he's rambling on.

"So are you interested?"


Bharb... Bharb... Bharb... Rufus tries to let the name roll over in his head while Jason responds to the Professor to see if it catches on any stray memory from his school days. Not that he could claim to know all the faculty from Lazlo University, even by reputation, but one never knows. Looking around the table he gauges the reactions of the others. Well, sounds like Chef Dhal and T.C. are ready to go... Dex seems uncertain... Jason's good to ask more details. On the whole, sounds interesting.

If Jason asks his opinion, Rufus shrugs. "Well chief, it's not like we're drowning in contracts at the moment. Besides, like my Uncle Cato likes to say, 'it is in the compelling zest of high adventure that we find our supreme joys.' I think he was quoting some human from the Golden Age -- but it sounds good enough for me regardless."


(OOC: Link provided for pre-rifts professor's reference...)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Consumer » Tue May 08, 2018 7:34 am

Date, Time, & Weather wrote:MercTown: March 04, 111 PA 11:40 AM
Weather: Cloudy with a Light Wind (8 mph). 48°F (8°C)


Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun looks up from his cleaning up after everyone ate. ”A professor?? You look a little young.” ’I hope he doesn’t take that wrong.” He continues to listen as he finishes his cleaning.


Professor Bharb looks at Dhaltuun. "I suppose I'm young compared to some Professors, but then again I'm not tenured, so I have to do a lot of legwork to keep my position."


Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun drops the plate he is holding. As it hits the floor and shatters, ”Dino Swamp!! I have stories from my pap about that place. Magic, dinos, Even real barbarians....we have to go!! This could be fun.” There is a glimmer of something..excitement, with a little danger....in his eye as he seems to look far away. With a shake, He returns to the moment. ’Sorry, memories.” Dhaltuun grabs a mug of beer from the cask and finds a chair as the professor continues.


The professor chuckles. "Yes there is all that and more, The Old American southeast is wild and untamed, and full of mysteries. I hope my exploration unravels even a little bit of that history."

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:As Dhaltuun hears this, he puts down his beer and pulls out his notepad. ”You supply ALL the foodstuffs for up to a year?? And basic goods? I will compile a list.” Dhaltuun starts to think of what may be needed. When the talk turns to lacatoion, Dhaltuun flips to a new page and starts a list of swamp gear. ”Excuse me...When you say basic gear...what are the limits? I will be attempting to procure or track down what we may need, and I just want to know limits, so I don’t call for permission on every item.” He turns to Long ’If you don’t mind, Sir.” He will await an answer before heading off to start work on his lists. ”If there are any special needs or requests, please let me know and I will add to list.”


Professor Bharb shakes his head. "I believe you misunderstood me master dwarf. We will provide supplies for the trip, not money to gather the supplies. I already have my people procuring the necessary foodstuffs and equipment."

Two Claws wrote:”So, I can't speak for the others but to go and be able to test my mantle, I so in.” I got to make sure that my knives are sharp then I'll be ready to sink my teeth into some dinosaur flesh.


Professor Bharb smiles at Two Claws comment. "You sound just like Bob... He's always speaking of testing his mettle."

Jason Long wrote:Jason leans forward slightly as he replies. "We may be, Professor. What is the specific goal of your expedition? The fact that you are covering such a wide area; several pre-cataclismic states, and the fact that you are a specialist in pre-cataclismic history suggests that you are looking for clues to something. You aren't a biologist or wildlife researcher, so this isn't to study the dinosaurs. What are you looking for? Before you say I have no need to know, I am responsible for the lives of everyone of the Templar. Also, on this mission it sounds like I will be responsible for your lives as well. So I need to know what we are looking for so we can prepare appropriately. For example, are their any competitors to that goal? Are there any indications that the supernatural is involved? How many members of your team are there? Will you be providing your own transport or riding with us? How much gear will you be bringing?"

Smelling Dhaltuun's cooking, Jason's manner softens. He leans back. "Of course, we can work out the details after dinner, if you like. Please join us, relax and tell us what you can about the expedition."


Professor Bharb looks to Jason and listens to his questions and voiced concerns. "Well to be honest there isn't a specific goal, I have notes on several sites to visit and study. The initial expedition will make it's way to the city or town of Char, built on the ruins of Charlotte, in the old state of North Carolina. Once we establish a base of operations, we'll investigate a Indian Burial grounds and the ruins of a few coastal cities, before making our way to Louisiana and Mississippi. If the expedition prove fruitless, we'll likely end there and return to MercTown. As for competitors, there is another expedition heading that way, but their goals will take them into Florida and they are likely to be well behind us due to the size of their expedition." Professor Bharb says, the part about the other expedition seems to be a mildly sore subject to him.

"As for supernatural occurrences, they likely will be several, reports of the area are fraught with superstitious tales. So your guess is as good as mine. My team currently is five members strong, and we have three vehicles. Two hover converted Cargonauts and a NG Pathfinder. We will be providing our own transport, and we will be bringing enough gear to last the expedition, at least at current calculations." The Professor answers.

Rufus wrote:Bharb... Bharb... Bharb... Rufus tries to let the name roll over in his head while Jason responds to the Professor to see if it catches on any stray memory from his school days. Not that he could claim to know all the faculty from Lazlo University, even by reputation, but one never knows. Looking around the table he gauges the reactions of the others. Well, sounds like Chef Dhal and T.C. are ready to go... Dex seems uncertain... Jason's good to ask more details. On the whole, sounds interesting.


Rufus thinks about whether or not he knows of the Professor, but comes up blank.

Rufus wrote:If Jason asks his opinion, Rufus shrugs. "Well chief, it's not like we're drowning in contracts at the moment. Besides, like my Uncle Cato likes to say, 'it is in the compelling zest of high adventure that we find our supreme joys.' I think he was quoting some human from the Golden Age -- but it sounds good enough for me regardless."


The Professor smiles at Rufus' comment. "Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Interesting quote. I always preferred Adventure is worthwhile in itself."

Professor Bharb looks at the collected Templar. "So are there any other questions?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue May 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 78

Professor Bharb wrote:"So are there any other questions?"


“Nope, I ain’t got any.” Dexter responds with a jolly smile from under his beard. He then stands up out of his chair and glances over at Jason. ”Well if ya’ll need my vote then I’d say I be need’n a new scene to look at, anyway. So, count me in.” There, now no one is waiting on me. Sounds like most of us are on board just need the bigwig to say yes and off we go, adventuring into unknown wild, what could possibly go wrong but how else am I supposed to make a name for myself, otherwise. Just hope there's no insects there. Fucking bugs anyways. Pausing as if lost in thought, Dexter then continues back to kitchen to replenish his drink.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed May 09, 2018 4:22 am

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 26 =
JiC: 1d20 = 15 =
JiC: 1d100 = 80 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 17 =

-
Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

The professor chuckles. "Yes there is all that and more, The Old American southeast is wild and untamed, and full of mysteries. I hope my exploration unravels even a little bit of that history."


”Intriguing. I would love learn some of the history of dino swamp. I can almost imagine what it was like. I came from titusville, florida. Built on an old US navy base. *Deep breathe* would you be willing to teach me some stuff along the way.??” ((OOC - pre rifts history: southern US??))

Professor Bharb shakes his head. "I believe you misunderstood me master dwarf. We will provide supplies for the trip, not money to gather the supplies. I already have my people procuring the necessary foodstuffs and equipment."


Looking a little ashamed, Dhaltuun says ”My apologies, good sir. I am a chef and have assumed team cookie duties, so I try to be in the know about the food situation.” Standing straight after giving a small bow in apology, there is something in his eye...Pride?? ”I am a damn fine chef and I look after my team.” ”I know my team pretty good I think. Let me talk with your procurement team to make sure there are no issues... such as allergies, racial requirements, etc. If I know what we are working with, I can do my best to keep our tummys happy for the trip.” He sips his beer and continues to listen.

Professor Bharb looks to Jason and listens to his questions and voiced concerns. "Well to be honest there isn't a specific goal, I have notes on several sites to visit and study. The initial expedition will make it's way to the city or town of Char, built on the ruins of Charlotte, in the old state of North Carolina. Once we establish a base of operations, we'll investigate a Indian Burial grounds and the ruins of a few coastal cities, before making our way to Louisiana and Mississippi. If the expedition prove fruitless, we'll likely end there and return to MercTown. As for competitors, there is another expedition heading that way, but their goals will take them into Florida and they are likely to be well behind us due to the size of their expedition." Professor Bharb says, the part about the other expedition seems to be a mildly sore subject to him.


’My ride has maps of North America, courtesy of Badgerbold’s. Fell free to use them, just let me and I can retreive them.”

Hearing the plan, Dhaltuun stops taking notes, and looks up slowly, as a thought starts to form in his mind. ”By Njord!!” ”What if we leave the majority of the essentials here at the farm. We stock up the behemoth and 1 or 2 other vehicles for 2 months, lets say, and head out. Then I can shift back here with a vehicle and resupply us. Shift back, good to go for another couple months.” He looks around at the team, stopping his gaze on Jason.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Two Claws » Thu May 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 8 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 55

Bhrab wrote:"So are there any other questions?"


Two Claws just shakes her head no in response to his question. Can we go yet? I'm pretty sure some of theses people need time to prepare. I've been ready for a week or so, now. It will be good to get back into the wilderness. The way Grandmother Earth intended us to be. I hope there is some good prey where we are going. I can smell their fear now. A warming smile overtakes Two Claws.
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Rufus » Tue May 15, 2018 7:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 30/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 1

Consumer wrote:
Rufus wrote:If Jason asks his opinion, Rufus shrugs. "Well chief, it's not like we're drowning in contracts at the moment. Besides, like my Uncle Cato likes to say, 'it is in the compelling zest of high adventure that we find our supreme joys.' I think he was quoting some human from the Golden Age -- but it sounds good enough for me regardless."


The Professor smiles at Rufus' comment. "Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Interesting quote. I always preferred Adventure is worthwhile in itself."


"And I'd agree with you, both the choice and the quote itself..." Rufus chuckles. "But if you know Cato Longfang you know he likes to go with the more 'flowery' ones in public. He says it makes him sound more 'scholarly' that way."

Sounds simple enough, he thinks. Three vehicles. Shouldn't be too hard to escort as long as they don't get the urge to go wandering off on their own. Though if we're gonna be that long in the field we'll need to stock up on ammo as I doubt shopping will be much of an option once we leave this 'Char' place.

"I've got no further questions -- aside from the obvious one of when you'd be ready to move out, of course..." he muses. "Just want to make sure we'll have a chance to get properly geared up for a lengthy swamp tour on our end. Socks, ammo, pest repellent, a deck or two of playing cards. You know, the essentials..." he adds with a grin.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Jason Long » Tue May 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 98

Jason listens to the other give their opinions. He can't help but think that something sounds strange about the job. He finally decides that the open ended contract is what bothers him. Jason comes to a decision and speaks up to the Professor.

"Sir, it sounds like the team is interested in your contract. I will be open with you, the open ended nature of the contract bothers me. Also, there are some aspects which have not been mentioned, which should be. Here is my proposal. " Jason calmly makes his points

"4 mil for up to 6 months, with 2 million paid in advance. If the contract gets extended beyond that, 500/k per month, payable on the first day of the month. Routine expenses to include medical and small arms ammunition, but not heavy weapons such as missiles or artillery. Death benefits of 500k to be paid to the estate of any members killed in action. Salvage has also not been mentioned. The Templar have first rights to anything obtained solely through their actions or through combat. Items of historical significance will of course be available for you and your people to examine, etc, but the items belong to the Templar. Anything gained through joint operations, the Templar get a share: for example the expedition discovers a cache of pre-cataclism tech. The share shall be a minimum of 1/8 and shall not exceed 1/2 the value of the items recovered. In addition, The Templar will not release any information regarding locations of details of discoveries. All information releases shall be done through the University. Unless lives are at stake, such as if we discover an invasion force or something like that. " Jason pauses and looks at the other Templar. He then looks back at the Professor.

"Are these terms acceptable to you?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed May 16, 2018 1:13 pm

Dhaltuun sits back down and quietly sips his beer as Jason speaks. ”wow!! I see why he is team leader. I would never of thought of those points.” As his eyes meet Jason’s, Dhaltuun nods in agreement with a raise of his mug in a “cheers” motion. Notebook sits on the counter forgotten for now.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Consumer » Fri May 18, 2018 8:59 am

Date, Time, & Weather wrote:MercTown: March 04, 111 PA 11:50 AM
Weather: Cloudy with a Light Wind (8 mph). 48°F (8°C)


Jason Long wrote:"Sir, it sounds like the team is interested in your contract. I will be open with you, the open ended nature of the contract bothers me. Also, there are some aspects which have not been mentioned, which should be. Here is my proposal. " Jason calmly makes his points

"4 mil for up to 6 months, with 2 million paid in advance. If the contract gets extended beyond that, 500/k per month, payable on the first day of the month. Routine expenses to include medical and small arms ammunition, but not heavy weapons such as missiles or artillery. Death benefits of 500k to be paid to the estate of any members killed in action. Salvage has also not been mentioned. The Templar have first rights to anything obtained solely through their actions or through combat. Items of historical significance will of course be available for you and your people to examine, etc, but the items belong to the Templar. Anything gained through joint operations, the Templar get a share: for example the expedition discovers a cache of pre-cataclism tech. The share shall be a minimum of 1/8 and shall not exceed 1/2 the value of the items recovered. In addition, The Templar will not release any information regarding locations of details of discoveries. All information releases shall be done through the University. Unless lives are at stake, such as if we discover an invasion force or something like that. " Jason pauses and looks at the other Templar. He then looks back at the Professor.

"Are these terms acceptable to you?"


Professor Bharb sighs and seems to ponder the asked for addendum to the contract. The sigh doesn't seem to be of contempt or frustration, but more of concern. "I would love to give you everything you've just asked for, I really would. It's just not in the budget though. I have a budget to keep so to speak that... lets just say comes from personal resources as well as the university. The ammo cost is fine, it's already been accounted for in the budget, and I assumed you would want salvage rights, though I would make it that items of significant historical value would be my purview first and the more mundane stuff would go to you, with finders fees factored in of course. Now it's the death benefits and the extended pay that will possibly bring my budget to shambles. I am willing to pay let's say a hundred thousand a month for every month past six and fifty-thousand in death benefits. Which is way more than anyone would offer by the way, most mercenary contracts would laugh at including them." Professor Bharb says before taking a moment to collect a further thought.

"As for the last part of your addendum, this expedition is going to known places in the first place so I don't even see this issue coming up at all. So I'm not worried at any locations being told to outside sources. Other than that the rest of your requests are reasonable and acceptable."

Rufus wrote:"I've got no further questions -- aside from the obvious one of when you'd be ready to move out, of course..." he muses. "Just want to make sure we'll have a chance to get properly geared up for a lengthy swamp tour on our end. Socks, ammo, pest repellent, a deck or two of playing cards. You know, the essentials..." he adds with a grin.


Professor Bharb looks to Rufus. "Well if the contract is accepted, it will take about a week for me to have my team shipped in from Lazlo. I suppose you'll be able to make use of that time to procure Items for yourself." The professor says with a smile.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Intriguing. I would love learn some of the history of dino swamp. I can almost imagine what it was like. I came from titusville, florida. Built on an old US navy base. *Deep breathe* would you be willing to teach me some stuff along the way.??”


The Professor cocks his head to the side. "I'm not a teaching professor really. I have a few under graduates who work under me, but that's about it. I suppose you may pick up some information on the location as we go, but that's the extent of it"

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”My apologies, good sir. I am a chef and have assumed team cookie duties, so I try to be in the know about the food situation.” Standing straight after giving a small bow in apology, there is something in his eye...Pride?? ”I am a damn fine chef and I look after my team.” ”I know my team pretty good I think. Let me talk with your procurement team to make sure there are no issues... such as allergies, racial requirements, etc. If I know what we are working with, I can do my best to keep our tummys happy for the trip.” He sips his beer and continues to listen.


The professor sighs. "By the time my procurement team is here they will have already made the purchases. Do any of you have dietary restrictions?"

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:’My ride has maps of North America, courtesy of Badgerbold’s. Fell free to use them, just let me and I can retreive them.”


The Professor shakes his head. "I appreciate the offer, but I think I have access to better maps of the area then Badgerbold's can offer."


Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”What if we leave the majority of the essentials here at the farm. We stock up the behemoth and 1 or 2 other vehicles for 2 months, lets say, and head out. Then I can shift back here with a vehicle and resupply us. Shift back, good to go for another couple months.” He looks around at the team, stopping his gaze on Jason.


The professor looks perplexed for a brief moment before he answers. "That seems like a great idea until I ask this following question. What happens if you die on the trip? How do we get our supplies then? I considered the very idea you proposed, but decided that it was safer to just bring the supplies with us."
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Rufus » Fri May 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 36

Rufus can't help but roll his eyes a bit. For the love of Wolvenar, let's get this settled already. I guess these details do need to be worked out though.

Professor Bharb looks to Rufus. "Well if the contract is accepted, it will take about a week for me to have my team shipped in from Lazlo. I suppose you'll be able to make use of that time to procure Items for yourself." The professor says with a smile.


"Sounds good," he nods. "A week should be more than enough -- barring some unexpected special orders, anyway."

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”What if we leave the majority of the essentials here at the farm. We stock up the behemoth and 1 or 2 other vehicles for 2 months, lets say, and head out. Then I can shift back here with a vehicle and resupply us. Shift back, good to go for another couple months.” He looks around at the team, stopping his gaze on Jason.


The professor looks perplexed for a brief moment before he answers. "That seems like a great idea until I ask this following question. What happens if you die on the trip? How do we get our supplies then? I considered the very idea you proposed, but decided that it was safer to just bring the supplies with us."


Rufus rubs his chin. "Actually, that's not a bad plan for backup. Say a vehicle breaks down and needs parts we don't have with us. Or really anything else we didn't think to bring along, for that matter.
Dhaltuun could pop back here to MercTown and grab it. So I'd recommend we keep that idea in mind just in case."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Jason Long » Sat May 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Consumer wrote:"As for the last part of your addendum, this expedition is going to known places in the first place so I don't even see this issue coming up at all. So I'm not worried at any locations being told to outside sources. Other than that the rest of your requests are reasonable and acceptable."


Jason considers the Professor's reply. A smile comes to his face. "It appears that we have an agreement then. I do agree that Dhaltuun's idea for using rifts to come back for supplies has some merit, but, like you..." Jason nods to the Professor "I would not want that to be our only lifeline. I believe we should have basic rations for 6 months stored in the vehicles. That will be back-up and supplements for fresh food cooked by Dhaltuun. That way, we will eat well, but if something happens to Dhaltuun, we will not starve. The basics can be stretched by hunting and foraging, and, time and circumstances permitting, Dhaltuun can rift back for fresh ingredients. One thing I learned being in the field for extended periods, fresh, well cooked food keeps your spirits up. Where combat rations merely keeps you alive."

" I believe that answers my questions. Unless there are any further, I suggest we adjourn until 1 week from today. As this is your expedition, what time would you like to get started, and what will be our initial destination?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun May 27, 2018 7:16 am

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 42 =
JiC: 1d20 = 3 =
JiC: 1d100 = 9 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 18 =

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Dhaltuun nods ”Good point. I assure you that my lady *indicates Jesse* and I, as well as the team, will do all we can to make sure ALL of us make it thru this adventure. *Takes a sip of beer* Hopefully with our hides intact.” This is followed by a grin. H e puts his notepad away and stands. ”If you will excuse us, we need to prepare for this journey.” He motions for Jesse to follow and heads out. ”C’mon jesse. Lets go get ready.” Just as they are about to leave, Dhaltuun hears Rufus speak.
Rufus rubs his chin. "Actually, that's not a bad plan for backup. Say a vehicle breaks down and needs parts we don't have with us. Or really anything else we didn't think to bring along, for that matter.
Dhaltuun could pop back here to MercTown and grab it. So I'd recommend we keep that idea in mind just in case."


Jason considers the Professor's reply. A smile comes to his face. "It appears that we have an agreement then. I do agree that Dhaltuun's idea for using rifts to come back for supplies has some merit, but, like you..." Jason nods to the Professor "I would not want that to be our only lifeline. I believe we should have basic rations for 6 months stored in the vehicles. That will be back-up and supplements for fresh food cooked by Dhaltuun. That way, we will eat well, but if something happens to Dhaltuun, we will not starve. The basics can be stretched by hunting and foraging, and, time and circumstances permitting, Dhaltuun can rift back for fresh ingredients. One thing I learned being in the field for extended periods, fresh, well cooked food keeps your spirits up. Where combat rations merely keeps you alive."


Dhaltuun leans back in the room ”That’s a good plan. I am all over it.” He throws a thumbs up and a grin as he leaves. As they walk down the hallway, Dhaltuun looks at Jesse. ”any idea of what to expect?” Jesse shakes her head as she responds ”No idea. My duties kept me near Asgard more than Midgard, sorry, I meant earth. Part of agreeing to this partnership was the chance to explore.” with a smile, she motions for Dhaltuun to “lead on”. Dhaltuun makes a playful bow and continues on to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, Dhaltuun sits at the table pulls out his computer and looks thru his recipes for anything with dinosaur in it while Jesse heads to the fridge. ”Hmmmm. Nothing. Gonna have to find a recipe or two in town.” He looks up ”Hey Jesse, feel like a trip to town?” She looks up for her rummaging thru the leftovers of lunch. ”Sure. I need to practice driving, shall I pull the buggy around?” With a playful groan, Dhaltuun tosses the keys to her. ”I figure we can go with minimal weapons. I want to check some restaurants and shops for dino recipes, even spices and sauces. Anything you need?” Jesse shakes her head as she heads out to get the buggy. ’No, I am good for now.”

Dhaltuun tries to think of a list of places to visit in the next few days.”I am gonna need something to soak the dino meat in, as well as some spices, marinades or something to soften the meat and finally somewehere to keep it while it soaks.” Using his computer some more he checks out the merctown listings. Standing, Dhaltuun starts to put his computer away when he has a thought. ”I wonder if there is a store I can set up an account with for supplies and whatnot for a long period.” As Dhaltuun heads to the buggy, he uses his radio. ”Jesse and I are heading into town to look into some stuff for our trip. Anyone need anything or want to tag along?”.

WIP
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Postby Consumer » Sun May 27, 2018 8:35 am

Date, Time, & Weather wrote:MercTown: March 04, 111 PA 12:00 AM
Weather: Cloudy with a Light Wind (8 mph). 48°F (8°C)


Professor Bharb shakes Jason's hand. "Well, I would love to start earlier than a week from now, but travel time being what it is. Lets get started at 9 AM. As for our initial destination we're aiming for a village called Char in what was once North Carolina. My preliminary path will take us slightly south and very much east. I figure we'll be stopping in Ash, which is another village on the way. Once in Char though we will be setting up a base camp and making expeditions out from there. That being said I look forward to working with you and I will see you in seven days time." Professor Bharb says before packing up and preparing to make his leave.

"Oh. I almost forgot." Gharb says digging in his pocket. "The advance payment." Bharn continues handing a credit card to Jason. "I'll see you all in a week."

With that the professor leaves the farm.

So instead of making you all deal with another week of downtime we're going to hop right into the adventure. If you're doing any shopping PM it to me. No other lists will be accepted. I need book and page numbers as well as price. If the item has none of these that's fine, but if it does and you don't follow directions I will count it as a non-item and not give it to you.

Continue Posting here
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)


Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest