The Journey Begins

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Sun May 27, 2018 8:51 am

Date, Time, & Weather wrote:MercTown: March 11, 111 PA 8:45 AM
Weather: Windy (Moderate; 11 mph) High: 50°F Low: 31°F
Moderate Wind: A steady wind with a 50% chance of extinguishing candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames.


The Farm has been relatively peaceful, with the only real noise being preparations for the up coming trip. the peace is broken by the sounds of vehicles approaching up the dirt drive. A pair of hover equipped Cargonauts and a Northern Gun Pathmaker park near the Behemoth.

Image
Image

From the vehicles disgorges a small group of people with Professor Bharb at the lead.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Professor Bharb approaches the Templar and smiles. "I'd like to introduce you to my team. The man in the robes is Kevin MacNamara, one of my students, the Woman next to him is Sarah Blankenship, a bio-chemist on loan form the university of Lazlo, The Ratling is my friend Reep, he's a top notch mechanic, and the lady next to him is Michelle Nguyen, a medical doctor on loan to the university from the Lazlo Medical Center, and finally this dour faced dog boy is Bob, a security professional on loan from the university." Professor Bharb says.

"So have you completed preparations?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue May 29, 2018 8:25 pm

POST PART ! -

Dhaltuun has Jesse drop him off at Allen foods. As he exits the buggy, he puts all his weapons except the bigbore flintlock, in the weapons locker on the fender. He enters the building and looks for an employee. Locating one, he walks over ”Excuse me? Hi, me name be Dhaltuun Onyxforge of the Templars. I have a business parley.” he quietly clears his thought, puts on his best smile and slowly speaks. ”The templars are heading down to explore Dinosuar Swamp. I am sure there are lots of things there never seen here.” He pauses to gauge the employee’s reaction. ”So far, so good. I think.” ”I am a shifter in service to Njord, lord of the seas and commerce. I am also a master chef, specializing in BBQ. Cajun style. I would like to propose this: If I can guarantee you fresh dino meat and/or access to plants, ingredients, or what not to you and I, in return, for low cost or free, receive meat prep supplies for ALOT of meat for a long time. As a shifter I can portal back and forth every few days, say once a week. This is when I drop off your request and collect mine. What say you?"

Charm/Impress: 40% / 1d100 = 68
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Tue May 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Mini-GM Post

The trip to Allen Foods is fraught with danger as Dhaltuun tries to teach Jesse how to drive. "I don't think this is a good idea." She says before they take off. Jesse manages to crash into a dumpster once and a wrecked car a second time before finally making it to the large warehouse of a building.

Upon entering Allen Foods, Dhaltuun finds himself in a large room that has a few counters with clerks standing behind them.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”The templars are heading down to explore Dinosuar Swamp. I am sure there are lots of things there never seen here.” He pauses to gauge the employee’s reaction. ”I am a shifter in service to Njord, lord of the seas and commerce. I am also a master chef, specializing in BBQ. Cajun style. I would like to propose this: If I can guarantee you fresh dino meat and/or access to plants, ingredients, or what not to you and I, in return, for low cost or free, receive meat prep supplies for ALOT of meat for a long time. As a shifter I can portal back and forth every few days, say once a week. This is when I drop off your request and collect mine. What say you?"


The clerk looks almost too bored to be conscious. "What Mercenary outfit was that? The Templar?..." He says with a bored tone. "So what I'm hearing is you want to supply dinosaur meat and plant matter in return for a either reduced price or free get meat prep supplies. Is that correct?" He waits for Dhaltuun to reply before sighing. "I'll have to call my boss to see if he is interested." He says before turning away from Dhaltuun and picking up a phone from the counter.

"Mr. Allen, it's Shepard from the main desk. I have a Shifter from the Templar, who is truing to make an offer of dinosaur meat and plant matter in return for reduced price or free meat preparation supplies." The man says over the phone, he stands there listening to the other end of the line for a few moments before speaking again. "No sir, he does not appear to have any dinosaur meat with him at the moment. I will ask." The man says before holding the phone aside to look back at Dhaltuun.

"Do you have any dinosaur meat with you to show my boss?" Shepard asks. Shepard waits for Dhaltuun to answer before turning back to the phone. "No sir, he does not. Yes sir... Yes sir... I will tell him exactly that sir. Thank you sir, you have a nice day as well sir. Goodbye sir."

Shepard hangs up the phone and turns back to Dhaltuun. "Mister Allen says that he may be interested, but you will have to have something for him to sample before he will make any manner of deal. Now is there anything else I can help you with good sir?" Shepard asks, seemingly a bit more awake than when he started the conversation.

Butcher's Bill
Dune Buggy: -28 S.D.C.
Dhaltuun: -41 S.D.C. from crash damage.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu May 31, 2018 3:49 am

Once the negotiations are done, Dhaltuun looks around the store Seeing what they sell. Settling his eyes kitchen gear, he motions to the knives. ”Hmmm. We are going to Dino country. Maybe I should up my kitchen game. Yeah!! I will.” He continues to scan the counters. ”Yes, sir. I would like to purchase a MDC roast fork, and large skillet also made of MDC metal.” He looks at his watch ”but I will have to be quick.” Dhaltuun makes his purchase, groaning as his card hits zero as the transaction is done. "I must run, we are leaving shortly. I will return with a sample of my skills.” He jogs out to the buggy ”move over, Jesse! *Big smile* I am bruised enough, I am driving back.” As they drive back to the farm, dhaltuun hands Jesse the bag with his purchases in it. ”Check it out. I got a great price on these. They should make cooking dino meat easier. Yeah?”

Once they arrive back at the farm, Dhaltuun drops off jesse so she can gather gear and get ready to go. He then parks the buggy near the behemoth. ”That should make it easier to load up when we need to.”
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:39 am

Preception: 1d100 = 75/ 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 70

Dexter is standing next to ATV, finishing his last minute preparations, as the small caravan pulls up to the Templar base. He pauses from his tasks to watch the professor and his entourage disembark from the vehicles. As Bharb introduces his team Dexter just stands there with a look of apathy. When he meets the ratling dexter is taken back for a split second before giving a dubious puff when it is revealed that he's the mechanic. I know rats are intelligent but mechanic level, that's laughable. More like scavenge quality but they ain’t no smarter than that. Definitely not better than the Templar’s or even me for that matter. I bet he doesn't even know the difference between a sprocket spindle and cogwheel. As for the rest of the members Dexter doesn't pay them too much attention. When the professor asks if the Templars are ready, Dexter just resumes his final check of equipment and readiness of his ATV
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 37

Rufus is in the Behemoth's vehicle bay, stowing supplies in the cargo box on his hovercycle when he hears the vehicles pull up. Time to get this show on the road, as the humans are fond of saying... he muses to himself as he slams shut the lid. He revs the engine and swoops down beside the other Templars as Bharb conducts introductions.

Consumer wrote:"I'd like to introduce you to my team. The man in the robes is Kevin MacNamara, one of my students, the Woman next to him is Sarah Blankenship, a bio-chemist on loan form the university of Lazlo, The Ratling is my friend Reep, he's a top notch mechanic, and the lady next to him is Michelle Nguyen, a medical doctor on loan to the university from the Lazlo Medical Center, and finally this dour faced dog boy is Bob, a security professional on loan from the university."


Rufus nods to each of them in turn. "Lep pozdrav vam* friends. I'm Rufus, formerly from the University of Lazlo myself and currently the Templar's resident Ley Line Walker. Good to meet you."

*Greetings to you

He turns to Jason. "Well boss, I'm ready to head out when you are."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53 /50%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 52

Jason carefully loads the munitions into the cargo bay of the Behemoth, securing the cases of explosives and shells against movement of the great machine and shock from any battle damage. Jason secures his heavy armor in his quarters and works to find a way to secure both his humidor and the helmet of his Southern Cross armor on his desk. Once everything is locked down to his liking, Jason rides Bonaparte in to town to speak with Tennessee Jack.

"Jack, my team just took a job to escort a group of researchers from Lazlo into the Dino Swamp. Is there anything you can tell me about the area, things to watch out for or specialized equipment we should bring. I've got no experience dealing with that area and would welcome any advice you can give me. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Mini-Update

Jason Long wrote:"Jack, my team just took a job to escort a group of researchers from Lazlo into the Dino Swamp. Is there anything you can tell me about the area, things to watch out for or specialized equipment we should bring. I've got no experience dealing with that area and would welcome any advice you can give me. "


Tennessee Jack Crabtree sits across from Jason in his cluttered office. Listening to Jason's questions. Snorting a weird sort of chuckle. "Well, I reckon you should watch out for dinosaurs... but that seems to be a bit to obvious. So you're heading out into the bush for a while, make sure you've got ample food and water. I assume you're tacking vehicles, so make sure they're capable of making the trip in the kind of environment that's down there. Take trade goods, because you're gonna be a long way from civilization for who knows how long. I mean hell son, you can survive down there with a good weapon, ample ammo, food and water... It's not rocket surgery. As for what kind of threats might be down there, I don't rightly know, as I usually keep my operations to more northernly affairs. Keep an eye out for them Shemarrians and the Splugorth that raid up and down the coast. Other than that, it's a crap shoot as to what you might run into." Jacks says with years of experience to back up his advice.

"Don't be afraid to run, especially far from base. Sometimes it's better to let the savages have the supplies then to have your scalp."

Regular Update

Date & Time & Info wrote:MercTown: March 11, 111 PA 5:00 PM
Weather: Windy (Moderate; 11 mph) High: 50°F Low: 31°F
Moderate Wind: A steady wind with a 50% chance of extinguishing candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames.
Notes: Approximately 10 miles from Lebanon, Tennessee by the end.


The group seems to have gathered up all of their supplies and quickly gets them stowed away, before making a quick planning session with Professor Bharb.

"So we're going to make our way south and east from here following this route." Professor Bharb says while his finger draws a rough path from MercTown to what he's indicated as the first major landmark the ruins of Lebanon, Tennessee.

"From there we'll head more easterly then southerly to ruins of Knoxsville, Tennessee. After that we'll come into Ash, a town built on the ruins of Ashville, North Carolina. and to our final destination Char." The professor finishes his path with a flourish. "Any questions?"

Once the questions are fielded, the expedition is on the move. The Pathmaker taking the lead with the Behemoth following it and the other vehicles in the rear. The small convoy brings a few gawkers near the main road as they pass and head south and east. Due to the combination of vehicles and general hilly, forested terrain of the land, the group is only moving at a slow pace of twenty miles per hour. The landscape passes by slowly for the group as the vehicles eat miles of terrain over the course of the day the group is nearly to their first waypoint.

"We should stop and look for somewhere to camp, we're making good time all things considered." Professor Bharb calls over the radio to all the vehicles involved.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 56

Radio wrote:”We should stop and look for somewhere to camp, we're making good time all things considered."


Camp. Dinner. That sounds good to me. Especially with our cook. When Dexter hears the call over the radio, his stomach begins to growl. Miles of travel have left him with a big appetite. Answering back with a quick and salivating response. "Aye, making camp and getting some grub sure sounds good, right now. I'm sure Dhaltunn can whip us up som’ting good. We should check the area frist. Just in case we have un welcomed guests." Dexter waits for a few moment to see if anyone else volunteers if not he will offer to take on the task.
Last edited by Dexter Portlywright on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:13 am

Perception : 1d100 = 18 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 51

As Two Claws rides along in the behemoth, thoughts of her family back home fills her time. Sitting quietly in some corner, out of the way of everybody. Pretending to be asleep most of the time. All the while looking out through tiny crack of her eyelids. If only Aunt and uncle could see me. They would have my head for sure. Riding the white man's abomination. What they don't know can't hurt me, besides it's just the will of the spirit anyway. I wonder what my brother would say? With the thoughts of her brother, Two Claws loses herself until the chatter over the radio brings her back to reality. She offers to scout out the area when Dexter suggests so. ”I’ll go. Be back in a few.” With her brief statement, Two Claws scrambles out of the behemoth and down on the ground before changing into her giant totem animal form. She then runs headlong into the bush and blends into the surrounding wilderness as she makes her way to scout out the area.
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 65

Rufus looks over the map as Bharb points out the route. "I've heard there were some places of learning down in that area before the Cataclysm, Professor. Any truth to that, you know of? And any other places of interest you want to scout out along the way?"

He pulls out his Wilk's PC-2020 computer and starts checking its databases (as well as his own memory) for any known threats, tribes, magical hot spots, etc., that might exist along the way. If nothing comes up immediately he'll spend the day pouring through the files off and on.

Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100 = 93/62%
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 58/72%
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100 = 5/62%
Lore: Magic/General Knowledge: -- 1d100 = 15/67%
Lore: Psychics & Psionics -- 1d100 = 39/62%
Mythology -- 1d100 = 55/52%
Zoology -- 1d100 = 12/67%

Consumer wrote:"We should stop and look for somewhere to camp, we're making good time all things considered."


"Roger, I'm on it..." he closes his computer and heads towards the vehicle bay, where he fires up his hovercycle and begins skimming around looking for a suitable spot while trying to keep the Behemoth in view the whole time. "Any specific requirements aside from 'somewhere we won't get killed while we sleep?' Anyone?"

Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 37/72%
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 48/92% (102% with the NG-300)

If he finds a suitable spot, he'll radio its location back to the group and land back in the vehicle bay once they arrive.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15 / 50%
JIC:1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 6

Jason has spent the first part of the day going over the maps to try and get the lay of the land they are traveling through. This is SO different from back home. I wonder how accurate the maps are? He makes a note to get copies of the maps from the Professor to load into Bonaparte in case he ever gets separated from the group.

Consumer wrote:"We should stop and look for somewhere to camp, we're making good time all things considered." Professor Bharb calls over the radio to all the vehicles involved.


"Roger that. Jason thinks for a moment who to send when Rufus and Two Claws take off to scout. Well, that's that.

Rufus wrote: "Any specific requirements aside from 'somewhere we won't get killed while we sleep?' Anyone?"
"Somewhere defensible. If you find a likely spot, do a quick scan for heat sources in the area. "

While waiting for a report from the scouts, Jason checks with the Professor to make sure that copies of any maps are loaded into all the vehicles. "What types of maps do you have of the area, Professor? Do we have topographical and geological survey maps of the area? If not, do any of your crew have mapmaking skills? With the equipment in our vehicles, we should be able to get fairly accurate scans of the route and can update maps as we go."
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:44 am

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 10 =
JiC: 1d20 = 10 =
JiC: 1d100 = 25 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 19 =

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

dhaltuun retrieves his pouch of jerky and empties it into a bowl, then makes 2 jugs of iced tea. ”boil water, make tea, add sugar and lemon...set to chill for a couple hours. Should be done by the we stop. He sets his laptop on the counter and pulls up a chair. He starts looking at recipes that may be used for dino meat. [i]”there must be something. Maybe buffalo or ostrish meat recipes could be used.” He then begins rummaging around the galley looking for ingredients. After a few minutes, Dhaltuun decides to whip up some food for when they stop for the night.

”First, we need meat, with a side of vegetables. With a sauce and a nice dessert.” He returns to his laptop and finds some recipe ideas for dinner. ”A stew!! That should feed everybody.” He closes his eyes for a moment ”Marcella, can you please fly around and keep an eye for me? Our link will let me know if you find anything. If you need to eat or rest, go for it, Be careful, my girl.” he ends the message with a feeling of concern and love.

He then starts the meal preparation. Using the radio, ”I am prepping dinner. I am going with a stew. Any favs to throw in or do I use my imagination?” He then chops/slices onions, carrots, and potatoes for the stew. In another pan, he preps the meat. He browns the ground beef and then adds some mesquite cajun flavors. When the meat is ready, he lets it simmer while the veggies finish. Then when all is ready, he dumps the meat into a large pot with the veggies and some water. ”Let that simmer for a few hours...then by dinner should be ready.” He spends the rest of the day making bread rolls and 3 apple pies. ((Cooking 59% (professional) /))


When the call comes in for camp. Dhaltuun replies ”Dinner will be ready by the time we stop.” He then checks in with Marcella. ”everything ok my girl??” He will then start to get ready for the meal, setting out dishes and utensils. ”Jesse, can you check to see if there is a tarp or tent in cargo? Something so we can eat outside, maybe a table, chairs? If you find anything let me know and I will help setting it up otherwise we eat in the behemoth. “
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:06 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:MercTown: March 12, 111 PA 8:00 AM by the end of the post.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.
Notes: Approximately 10 miles from Lebanon, Tennessee by the end.


A call for camp is made and the groups set to work, Rufus and Two Claws scouting out the area for a safe campsite, while Jason talks with Professor Bharb. After ten minutes or so, the scouts come back with the following news, they've found a large enough clearing for camp that won't likely be washed away if it randomly rains. Two Claws finds evidence that some sort of large insectile creature has been through the area in the past few days, with what may have been bipedal dinosaurs in chase.

The area for camp is quickly set up with a bit of a sitting area and a fire, the need for tents non-exsistant due to the two exploration vehicles available. Dhaltuun manages to acquire the ingredients needed for his stew and pies from the expeditions food stores after talking with Doctor Nguyen, who seems to be in charge of the supplies. The food is hearty and seems to go over well with both groups. When the night gets late, Professor Bharb sets his two Northrn Gun Drones to patrol with Bob the Rottweiler Dogboy. "Feel free to add to any watch lists." Says Professor Bharb to Jason, before turning in,

The night goes uneventfully with no more than some raccoons trying to steal scraps. When the morning rouses the group, Professor Bharb meets up with Jason for a few moments after a quick breakfast. "We'll continue on to Lebanon, and make our course adjustments there."

Maps
The Maps Professor Bharb have are very detailed pre-rifts atlas maps, while the road info is likely useless, the topographical aspects of them are fairly accurate. Many notes and additions have been added to these maps, by seemingly talented cartographers. As for having them for download, they're paper copies so...


This next post can be interaction, the next GM update will find you in Lebanon, Tennessee. Feel free to ask me any questions if I missed anything. ~Consumer

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 12

In the morning Dexter takes some time to inspect all the vehicles. Checking for any potential problems so far. When the group assembles all together he tries to make some small talk and stir up some conversations. ”So what's the plan for the day? Anyone ever been to Lebanon before? I ain’t been before. Anything I should know?” With that , Dexter pulls out a cigar and lights up. He takes a long pull and savors the first smoke of the day. I think there's a TW town in the area. I wonder if we’re going near it. Sure would be nice to make a few contacts or at least a schematic or two. Dexter lets out a hefty belch. Covering his mouth as he swallows what's left. ”My compliments to the cook for breakfast. Keep it up and you might be one of my new friends.”
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 41 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 38

When it's time for the night watch Two Claws eagerly volunteers to take a shift. So, it's a bit of a disappointment when the only thing was to chase off some group of hungry racoons. Well at least there was something and it wasn't a total snooze fest. When morning approaches, she eats her breakfast but keeps to herself for the most part.

Dexter wrote:"So what's the plan for the day? Anyone ever been to Lebanon before? I ain’t been before. Anything I should know?"


"Me, no I’ve never been before. Most of my time growing up was in the NW. It's the Spirit that told me to head east and it felt right, so here I am. As for a plan I gather head east and south and then see where the Spirit takes us from there. For no one knows which way the wind will blow."
After her short philosophical outpour, Two Claws returns to her quiet state and blends back into the background.
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 88

When the Behemoth arrives at the campsite Rufus slowly circles the area one time to scan for any magical energies in the area before stowing the hovercycle back in the vehicle bay.
  • Sense Ley Line: 50 miles (80.47 km). Can follow the feeling to the location of the ley line. 1d100 = 25/57% (not trying to get a precise location, just a general direction especially if it's a good ways away)
  • Sense a Rift: Anywhere within 90 miles (144.8 km) of him.
  • Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ (152.4 m) away.
  • See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)

Once the campsite is prepared and dinner is in process, he digs out a project that he's been working on more or less under the proverbial radar ever since Jacob told him he had shut Carny down. He's not a bad egg, he thinks to himself as he pulls out a box from under his bunk, he just spent a few too many centuries alone. That's enough to drive anyone crazy.

Carrying it back to the lab area, he places it on one of the workbenches next to his computer and connects the two of them with some electronics cables while running power to the box. Now to see if the past few months of defragmenting files, formatting sectors, and rebuilding algorithms pay off. He powers everything up and taps the computer's built-in mic. "Accessing Carnation Vending Ice Cream Man root protocols Alpha-Alpha-3-Zero-5. Initializing post-diagnostic system startup." He pauses for a moment, waiting for the appropriate affirmative messages/bleeps. "Carny, it's Rufus. Can you hear me?"

Artificial Intelligence 1d100 = 98, 1d100 = 1, 1d100 = 70/48%
Basic Electronics 1d100 = 18, 1d100 = 85, 1d100 = 71/37%
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 5, 1d100 = 76, 1d100 = 89/42%
Computer Operation 1d100 = 54, 1d100 = 42, 1d100 = 32/77%
Computer Programming 1d100 = 82, 1d100 = 81, 1d100 = 62/57%
((OOC: Rufus will continue until he succeeds))

Once everything is up and running, he calls Jason to the lab. "Chief, I don't know if you've noticed me working on this, but the nutshell version is that over the past few months I've been trying to clean up Carny's memory files in order to stabilize his personality and ultimately integrate him into the Behemoth as a back-up autopilot if and when the need arises. It's taken a lot of time and effort, but I believe we're finally at that point." He pats the AI housing. "Jason Long, meet the new-and-improved Carny Mark 2. What do you think?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:47 am

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 17 =
JiC: 1d20 = 15 =
JiC: 1d100 = 51 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3 =

Re: A Job Offer from a Reputable Source

Dhaltuun offers his turn on watch. After a night of reading and a few hours rest, he awakens and heads outside. ”Marcella!! Good morning. Are you up yet?” Within a moment, he hears the familiar cry. ”There you are! Wow. I will never get over how you look in the morning light.” He holds out his arm for her to land on. ”C’mon, me pretty. *chuckle* Let’s head in for breakfast. The others should be getting up about now.” Dhaltuun pets the bird as he walks back inside.

[quote=Dexter] In the morning Dexter takes some time to inspect all the vehicles. Checking for any potential problems so far. [/quote]

Seeing Dexter in the cargo hold with the cars, Dhaltuun greets him warmly. ”Morgen kusine* May I ask you to help me get the dings out of my buggy. Haha!! I let jesse try to drive. I am still bruised.” He rolls his shoulders. With a small groan, he thinks ”I need to do something about this aches.” After he gets an answer he puts marcella on his shoulder and says ”I appreciate your time. I am heading for breakfast, you coming? I trust it will be good.” ”Selv om jeg ikke gjorde det**” He adds in his head with a mischievous look in his eye.

* = Morgen kusine = Morning cousin
** = Selv om jeg ikke gjorde det = Even if I didnt make it.

[quote=Dexter] When the group assembles all together he tries to make some small talk and stir up some conversations. ”So what's the plan for the day? Anyone ever been to Lebanon before? I ain’t been before. Anything I should know?” With that , Dexter pulls out a cigar and lights up. He takes a long pull and savours the first smoke of the day.

Dhaltuun smiles when he sees the morning meal ”I wonder what they used for flavor?” ((Cooking 59% / 1d100 = 81 He enjoys the meal even as he savours the food.
”My plan is too do some work on my room and maybe do some research, and make time to explore. Any one need help with anything?” Other then that dhaltuun will help clean up. Hearing Dexter’s belch, Dhaltuun raises an eyebrow ”Does that go for me? What do I need to whip up for you? I love food bribes!! *Grin*” There is a playful tone to his voice as well as body language. ”But seriously, I agree with Dex. That was good.”

Seeing two-claws sitting quiet by her self, Dhaltuun heads towars her. [b]”Excuse me. Marcella and I go out and try to get some play time in everyday. We tend to play tag or hide and seek. Marcella uses all her bird skills to hunt me and I, using my monkey form try to not be caught. I try to get her to agree to a time limit or a destination to mark the end of the game. Wanna join us today??”
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Date & Time & Info wrote:MercTown: March 12, 111 PA 9:30 AM by the end of the post.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.
Notes: Lebanon, Tennessee by the end.


The group slowly makes its way across the old state of Tennessee with it's steep valleys and soaring mountains. The group after an hour and a half of maneuvering across crumbling bridges and slow moving rivers. coming to an overgrown ruin that used to be the city of Lebanon. only a few of the buildings have survived the years since the catastrophe that was the coming of the Rifts. Those who have been to other ruined cities can tell that these likely were government buildings or outlets for some of the mega corporations that ruled at the cusp of the twenty-second century.

"We're going to stop for a half hour so we can look at the ruins." Comes over the radio from Professor Bharb. As those in the Behemoth see the Pathmaker come to a stop near the ruins of what was likely a shop of some sort. The two Cargonauts slow and park near the Pathmaker. The members of the expedition make their way out of the modified tank/APC with a few pieces of equipment, namely cameras and collection kits. Bob the Rottweiler is the only member of that group armed with a weapon, he seems to keep a wary eye on the area as the others make their way to the first building.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Jason Long » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:32 am

Perception: 62% / 1d100 = 91
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 37

After the Professor tells Jason that the maps he has are hard copies only, Jason spends some time thinking about it. I wonder if I can use Bonaparte's video system to photographs and digitize the maps... Later that day, Jason finds himself wishing someone had brought a simple digital camera....Wait...I wish someone had brought a digital camera on this university research expedition........DOH!

Jason speaks with the Professor that night, "Professor, I would like to have copies of your maps made and put in each of the vehicles. It will secure against loss or damage to the originals and increase safety if we get separated. As we plan out each day's travel, we can mark out the rest points and general camp area. If anyone gets separated, they will know what points to make for. Also, in case of emergency, we can given everyone a map reference to meet at. To that end, I would suggest that whichever member of your team is documenting the expedition scan and digitize the maps. The file can then be shared with all the vehicles and armors. It may even be possible for one of our computer experts to convert the files into something our nav systems can use. Do you agree?"

((Land Navigation--79% / [dice]1d100[/dice ))

If the Professor agrees, once the files are made and distributed, Jason makes it a nightly routine to discuss the following day's route with both teams and given them check points and the general stopping area.

Rufus wrote:Once everything is up and running, he calls Jason to the lab. "Chief, I don't know if you've noticed me working on this, but the nutshell version is that over the past few months I've been trying to clean up Carny's memory files in order to stabilize his personality and ultimately integrate him into the Behemoth as a back-up autopilot if and when the need arises. It's taken a lot of time and effort, but I believe we're finally at that point." He pats the AI housing. "Jason Long, meet the new-and-improved Carny Mark 2. What do you think?"


Jason stares briefly at the computer brain on the work table, his mind a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

"Good job! I do want him thoroughly tested before he is installed. I would also like a mechanical disconnect installed. If he goes insane again, I want to be able to cut him out of the system quickly and efficiently. Something we need to work on when we get back is installing the rest of him in the Behemoth. His internals must contain a micro chemical lab with mass spectrometers and other analyzing equipment and synthesizing equipment. He was able to, on the spot, analyze biomass of its elements and structure, break it down into usable organic matter, and recombine it into something new. " Jason pauses. "Is he awake?"

After chatting with Rufus for a few more minutes over Carny's new sanity, Jason asks Rufus if he thinks he would be able to take digitized photos of the Professor's maps and covert them into something the vehicle nav systems could use.

Consumer wrote:"We're going to stop for a half hour so we can look at the ruins." Comes over the radio from Professor Bharb. As those in the Behemoth see the Pathmaker come to a stop near the ruins of what was likely a shop of some sort. The two Cargonauts slow and park near the Pathmaker. The members of the expedition make their way out of the modified tank/APC with a few pieces of equipment, namely cameras and collection kits. Bob the Rottweiler is the only member of that group armed with a weapon, he seems to keep a wary eye on the area as the others make their way to the first building.


Jason radios the team, "As much as I would love to be the one to explore with the Professor's team, Bonaparte and I are best suited here for securing the exterior. I would like at least one of you to remain outside and the rest escort his group."

Jason boards and powers up his old friend, running the standard diagnostics is a familiar, calming routine. He runs the VHT through its transformations to confirm everything is in working order and then settles on Battloid mode to run the cans of the area.

((Pilot: Ground Veritechs (all)--106% / [dice]1d100[/dice] ))
((Radio: Basic--97% / 1d100 = 84 ))
((Sensory Equipment—67% / 1d100 = 1 ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 67

As the eclectic group slows to a stop, Dexter takes a moment to take a quick glance around. He tries to look for anything out of the ordinary but not having been down in the area before he is not sure what he should be looking out for. When Dexter scrambles out of his ATV, he lets out a grunt and stretches. Man do I need to make that damn seat more comfortable. Guess I'll have to suffer for now.

Jason Long wrote:"As much as I would love to be the one to explore with the Professor's team, Bonaparte and I are best suited here for securing the exterior. I would like at least one of you to remain outside and the rest escort his group."


When Jason's voice come on the radio, Dexter’s mind begins to race about the different possibilities of what they could find. I wonder what we may find in there. Riches. Fame. Death. With the last last thought, Dexter shudders a bit. He looks down and shakes his head. Stop that. I ain’t gonn’a die here. I’m not. I’m not. I’m not. When Jason asks for someone to stay and watch the camp Dexter remains quiet. Wanting to take this opportunity to have a look around.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 45 =
JiC: 1d20 = 19 =
JiC: 1d100 = 83 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 7 =

Re: The Journey Begins

Dhaltuun sends out a thought to Marcella. ”My girl. I think I saw something on your camera. Can you do a flyby, say just a little north of our position. Oh, and keep your eyes open for something big around here. “ He then turns his gauntlet screen on. This way he can keep an eye on it. Dhaltuun heads off to find Jason, but stops in galley on the way. ”I need to get more trail mix made. As soon as I talk to the boss, I will start that job right off.”[/b] After a couple of steps, he remembers other projects he wants to do. [i]”So much I want to accomplish. Finish the interior wood panelling on the behemoth, research dino swamp, and perfect my cooking. Oh!! And I need to remember to ask Jason if he likes his desk.” He gathers his thoughts and heads for his quarters.

As he gets comfy on his bunk, Dhaltuun uses the radio ”Boss! I think I saw something a little north of us, so I sent Marcella to take a look by air. I have her camera linked to my gauntlet. If it is okay, I would like to use her senses to assist. I will be in my quarters doing some meditating. If need, you can see what we see on the screen.”

Dhaltuun then lies back and closes his eyes. ”Marcella. I am gonna join with you and see thru your eyes. Maybe together we will reveal something.” Dhaltuun then lets the connection happen. He will then spend a few minutes hitchhiking on the senses of Marcella.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 76 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 7

Two Claws’ ears perk up as the chatter over the communications system. Listening for some news of excitement. She finds none to her dismay. When Jason informs the crew that they are stopingh and have a look around, Two Claws winches with the thought. It's bad enough that I have to stay for extended periods of time in them but to scavenge around the dead is a bit unsettling. I'll stay here and let them have their fun. Speaking up when Jason asks for a volunteer to stay behind and guard the camp. Two Claws replies with a bit of excitement. "I'll stay. Never really cared for city life and besides tromping around old ruins just doesn't do it for me. I can make sure no one touches our stuff,tho. I should also go see if anyone has been through the area recently." Two Claws waits around for a second to see if anyone suggests a different plan. She then scans the area for recent human activity, which direction and how many, if there is any evidence.


Detect Ambush 52% / 1d100 = 32 - to be on the lookout for highwaymen
Tracking: People 47% / 1d100 = 54 - to see if, when and how many others have been through the area
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:00 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:MercTown: March 12, 111 PA 9:31 AM by the end of the post.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.
Notes: Lebanon, Tennessee by the end.


Those that thought they sensed danger are quickly rewarded, from the underbrush and from around one of the more intact buildings comes a piercing primitive cry, a whooping much like Native American war cries. A group of Simvan Monster Raiders riding Ostrosaurauses come rushing out of the undergrowth with a mixture of bows and energy rifles, while from behind the decrepit building, plowing through it's rotten bulk bursts a Fury Beetle with a howdah mounted on it's broad back, a small group of Simvan man mounted guns on the back of this armored beast.

Notes: Jason has managed to get Bonaparte out of the Behemoth, but is still in it's tank form as it's the smallest profile.
There are 5 riders on Ostrosaruses and the fury beetle has an additional 5 on it's back.
I will work a map up before next GM post.


Combat Round one
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 24
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17 (add +1 when shooting his NG-45LP)
APM: 7

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Boss! I think I saw something a little north of us, so I sent Marcella to take a look by air. I have her camera linked to my gauntlet. If it is okay, I would like to use her senses to assist. I will be in my quarters doing some meditating. If need, you can see what we see on the screen.”


When Rufus hears Dhaltuun's message over the comms, he heads down to the vehicle bay where his hovercycle is waiting and starts to prep it for launch when his ears pick up the sounds of combat springing up around them. This calls for a more personal touch, he thinks to himself. He gestures and chants invocations for spells to make him more mobile (and durable) in combat. "সামান্য যাদু বর্ম... ইগল হিসাবে উড়ে আসা..." As he rises off the floor, he glances down at the ring he recently acquired out in the field. Let's see if this works as advertised... he muses as he wills it to activate.

He keys his comlink as he flies out of the vehicle bay. "This is Rufus, I'm moving to engage. Tally-ho!" Once outside he sees the Simvan ambush the campsite and growls softly to himself. Hoping to stop the Fury Beetle in its tracks (or at least slow it down a bit), he chants softly and gestures with one hand while drawing a pistol with the other. Times like this I'm almost jealous of Sifnos and his multiple tentacles... Od rest his soul.

Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 97/72%

Actions:
  1. Cast Armor of Ithan (50 MDC, 5 minutes/20 melees) -- 10 PPE
  2. Begin casting Fly as the Eagle
  3. Finish casting Fly as the Eagle (100 minutes, 50 mph, +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack) -- 25 PPE
  4. Activate Ring of Invisibility (1 of 3 charges per 24 hours, 10 minutes/40 melees per charge, )
  5. Cast Carpet of Adhesion directly in front of the Fury Beetle (50 melees duration; 20' wide and 10' deep) -- 10 PPE
  6. Blast the Fury Beetle's howdah with his NG-45LP, hoping to either knock it off or nail one of the riders. Strike: 1d20+3 = 6 | Damage: 5d6 = 12 MD
  7. Reserved for airborne dodging. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 29

Auto-parries if needed: 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 23
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 35 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 33

Dexter is waiting patiently for the group to move out and head into the ruins. He rushes to pick up his rifle when the war cry pierces the airwaves. He also makes sure his pistol is secured to his utility belt. As the Furry beetle comes into view, Dexter’s aggression rises as his phobia kicks into overdrive. Before he can even think about what he is doing, Dexter unleashes a fireball at the furry beetle. ”DIE! You fucking insect.” Following the fireball he takes aim with his rifle and blast the beetle with a series of burst of fire.

Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 15
Action 1: Begin to cast Fireball at furry beetle Focused through the rifle
Action 2: Finish casting Fireball at furry beetle Focused through the rifle (Attack: 1d20 = 13 Damage: 3d4 = 6Action 3: Attack furry beetle with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle (Attack: +1 1d20+1 = 10 Damage: ( 1d6*10)+6 = 6
Action 4: Attack furry beetle with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle (Attack: +1 1d20+1 = 7 Damage: ( 1d6*10)+6 = 6
Parry: 4d20:
15, 20, 18, 16
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:05 am

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 12 =
JiC: 1d20 = 13 =
JiC: 1d100 = 10 =
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6 =

Dhaltuun Hears the war cries with his flesh ears at the same moment that Marcella’s senses tell him about the attack. ”Marcella, you hear that? I need to return and help the others. You stay safe. Fly high and watch.” He then closes the connection and opens his eyes in his own body in his quarters. ”I need to move now!” Dhaltuun jumps off his bed and moves gather his gear. As he moves, he checks his camera link. ”Nice, still on. I can use this to plan my actions better.” ”Jessie!! To arms!! Help with Defence. Use what you know, I trust you.”

After making sure his overcoat, chest rig and weapons are secure, Dhaltuun grabs his hammer in hand and runs for the nearest exit to the fury beetle. As he runs, he preps for the upcoming scrap.
”*Rustning Bizar* Seeing the grossness emerge from his chest, Dhaltuun contiues casting on the run. ”*Overmenneskelig Styrke*” Feeling the surge of power, He opens the door and leaps out. With a roar ”For Njord!!” He swings his hammer as he falls. Aiming for a spot where he wont hit the carpet of adhesion as well as timing it so he isnt hit by the fireball, Dhaltuun slams his hammer on the ground. ”Hopefully this does some damage.”

*Rustning Bizar* = Armor Bizarre / *Overmenneskelig Styrke* = Superhuman strength

Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 10
Action 1: return to body
Action 2: arm self
Action 3: head for exit
Action 4:cast armor bizarre
Action 5: exit thru door
Action 6: cast superhuman strength
Action 7: leap with hammer (Strike: 1d20 = 11 +9 = / Damage: 3d6 = 12 = SN PS + hammer damage 3d6 = 9 = md + Gravitic Blast Wave Damage 1d4*10 = 20 = md to a 20' area of effect

Parry: +9 to rolls (not included)
1d20 = 7 = ,1d20 = 8 = ,1d20 = 17 =

armor bizarre
OOC Comments
range: self
duration: 1 min per level = 4 mins at 4th
save: vs horror factor only
ppe: 15
Effect: MDC: 15 per level = 60 at 4th / provides HF: 11 / opponent is -1 init due to gross factor and must save every round )


Superhuman Strength
OOC Comments
range: self
duration: 2 rds per level = 8 rds at 4th
save: none
ppe: 10
effect: SN PS: 30 = Inflicts 5D6 S.D.C. on a restrained punch, 3D6 M.D. on a full strength punch, or 6D6 M.D. on a power punch (counts as two melee attacks). +15 sdc are added to sdc attacks. / SN PE: 24 = +18% vs. coma/death, +5 vs poison and magic / +30 sdc = 94 sdc





Perception 22% / 1d100 = 29 =
JiC: 1d20 = 15 =
JiC: 1d100 = 13 =
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22 =

Jessie is relaxing in the observation lounge when she hears the radio chatter. ”On It, Boss. “ With that said, she heads for the closest door and heads out. As soon as she clears the exit, she takes to the air. Seeing a lone simvan, jessie smiles ina vindictive way.

Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 19
Action 1: fly Spd: 25 (Flying: 66 mph)
Action 2: fly to target
Action 3: swoop down on target (silent / Prowl 30%)
Action 4: grab target (strike 1d20 = 1 +2 =
Action 5: hurl target up and away

Parry: with shield
1d20 = 18 +7 = ,1d20 = 11 +7 = ,1d20 = 12 +7 =
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 14 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 18

Two Claws is searching the immediate area when she hears a familiar sound, though not human. Her heartbeat begins to quicken as she notches an arrow. Squatting down a little and starts to creep towards the origination of the war cry. A euphoric smile washes over her face.

Finally some excitement. I was getting bored just riding along. Lets just hope the’re more of a challenge then those goblin thieves back at the farm. Only one way to find out. May the spirits protect me.

Two Claws takes a few more steps before a small group of simvans atop some Ostrosauraus emerge from the underbrush. She takes aim at the closest simvan while drawing the string. Almost as instantaneously when she releases the arrow, she charges. As she runs she holsters her bow and unsheathes her daggers. When within range, Two Claws leaps on top of the Ostrosauraus where the simvan is perched. She begins slashing at it neck and face region.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 16
Actions per melee: 6

Action 1: Fires arrow at closest simvan. attack: 1d20+4 = 10damage: 2d6 = 9 S.D.C.
Action 2: charge and leap at simvan
Action 3: attack simvan with Obsidian knife. attack: 1d20+1 = 5 damage: 2d6 = 11 S.D.C.
Action 4: attack simvan with skinning knife. attack: 1d20+1 = 3 damage: 1d6+2 = 4 S.D.C.
Action 5: attack simvan with Obsidian knife. attack: 1d20+1 = 20 damage: 2d6 = 8 S.D.C.
Action 6: attack simvan with skinning knife. attack: 1d20+1 = 21 damage: 1d6+2 = 5 S.D.C.

Parry rolls : 6d20:
9, 8, 14, 13, 4, 8
+9

If the simvan dies before the end of the round Two claws will jump to the next ostrasaurs and attack the simvan if able.
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Jason Long » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 am

Perception: 62% / 1d100 = 69
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 68

Jason bounces Bonaparte away from the Behemoth to clear his line of fire and keep the oncoming attackers at range. He sends out a brief radioed message "Templar! multiple attackers, engage! Stay clear of the beetle. Professor, get your team under cover in the ruins!"

Jaon remains calm looking at the simvan. Ok, Bonaparte, lets take them in order. He immediately prioritizes the mounted guns on the howdah as the most serious threat. Bonaparte fires a single plasma shell at the beetle, hoping its blast radius and the fire started will deal with it. He then switches to the ion cannon, engaging those with energy weapons first.

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 16
Actions : 8
1: Bounce Bonaparte to a firing position.
2. Fire 105MM incendiary/plasma round at fury beetle. 1d20+8 = 28 to hit (NAT 20) / 2d8*10 = 100 MD to 25' radius. Sets all combustible substances ablaze and continues to burn, doing an additional 4d8 = 20 M.D. per minute for 1d6+1 = 2 minutes
3: Fire MIW-20 Ion Pulse cannon at simvan with biggest gun. 1d20+8 = 24 to hit / 1d6*10 = 60 MD
4: Fire MIW-20 Ion Pulse cannon at simvan with biggest gun. 1d20+8 = 14 to hit / 1d6*10 = 30 MD
5: Fire MIW-20 Ion Pulse cannon at simvan with biggest gun. 1d20+8 = 28 to hit (Nat 20) / 1d6*10 = 10 MD
6: Fire MIW-20 Ion Pulse cannon at simvan with biggest gun. 1d20+8 = 13 to hit / 1d6*10 = 40 MD
7 and 8 reserved for dodge, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 24
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Lebanon, Tennessee: March 12, 111 PA 9:31:15 AM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Circle the Wagons

Jessie upon seeing and hearing the initial movement into the area, gets up and uses her natural speed to get out of the Behemoth. The Simvan on the Howdah begin firing at the vehicles with L-20 Pulse rifles and a deck mounted NG-101 Railgun. Rufus takes a moment in the beginning confusion to cast Armor of Ithan, surrounding him in a faint blue field of protection. Two Claws draws her bow quickly and fires an arrow at the nearest Simvan rider, striking him squarely, but the arrow just bounces off of his armor chest plate. Jason begins moving Bonaparte to a more advantageous firing position. Bob the dog boy hollers something at his companions while taking a small burst shot at an approaching Simvan, Stitching his armor with a few of the lasers. Dex draws his rifle and begins casting a spell. The Simvan Riders move to start dealing with threats. Firing longbows from the backs of their ostrosauruses hitting Rufus and Bob. Dhaltuun returns to consciousness in his own body. The Scientist yell in startled noises and dive for cover in the ruins they were about to explore.

Jessie begins flying towards on of the Simvan Riders, while the Simvan in the howdah turn their attention towards the moving tank, but somehow their shots never meet their mark. Rufus begins speaking the ancient words of power and moving his hands in a very precise manner. Two Claws tosses her bow aside and charges the nearest Simvan. Bonaparte speaks with a thunderous voice as a single plasma shell strikes the howdah. The contraption disintegrates from the blast, those watching the flash of heat can see the quickly dissipating shadows of the five Simvan riders as they are vaporized by the plasma bloom. The Fury Beetle screams in pain and begins to flee, with fire still clinging to it’s heavily armored hide. Bob fires another burts of lasers at the Simvan who is approaching his wards, the creature seems a bit distracted by the explosion and take the full burst as it’s armor begins to fall off of it. Dexter finishes the words of his spell and fires a fireball at the Fury Beetle, causing it to shriek further. The Simvan Riders seeing the tide of battle turned so far from their favor begin fleeing in all directions. Moving quickly into the cover of the surrounding ruins and forest.

(GM Note: I’ve decided to stop the combat here, you may continue to try and engage them, but they are very clearly running away. ~Consumer)

Butcher’s Bill
Jason Long: Bonaparte: Main Body: -20 M.D.C.
Behemoth Explorer: Main Body: -22 M.D.C.
Pathmaker: Main Body: -15 M.D.C.
Cargonaut 1: Main body: -21
Cargonaut 2: Main body: -22
Rufus: AoI: -10 M.D.C., -10 P.P.E.
Simvan Rider 1: Armor: -10 M.D.C.
Bob: Armor: Armor Destroyed.
Simvan Howdah 1-5: Dead
Fury Beetle: -206 M.D.C. On fire
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 77

The unfamiliar sounds of battle begins to over take Dexter’s senses. Not being used to the commotion and overwhelming stimulus makes him a bit on edge and starts to unsettles his nerves. Caught off guard as the booming sound of cannon fire rings in the air, Dexter flinches in response.

What the… Oh, that's right. Burn, you damn beetle. Looks like we're having bbq beetle tonight. After things settle, we should chen i to where they came from.

The smells of burning flesh and smoke fills Dexter’s nostrils. Feeling confidant he tries to rally the group to fush foward and continue the attack on the fury beetle. Com’ on boys, we got this fucker on the run. If we keep at it we can have some bbq tonight. DEATH TO THE BEETLE!” When he finishes his last sentance, he begins to pursue massive insect. Opening fire when he gets a chance, in hopes of finishing off the beast, with single shots each time.

Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 11
APM: 4

Action 1: Move if nessescary to shoot Fury Beetle or shoot beetle with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle (Attack: +1 1d20+1 = 13 Damage: 5d6+3 = 25

Action 2: Move if nessescary to shoot Fury Beetle or shoot beetle with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle (Attack: +1 1d20+1 = 19 Damage: 5d6+3 = 20

Action 3: Move if nessescary to shoot Fury Beetle or shoot beetle with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle (Attack: +1 1d20+1 = 9 Damage: 5d6+3 = 19

Action 4: Move if nessescary to shoot Fury Beetle or shoot beetle with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle (Attack: +1 1d20+1 = 3 Damage: 5d6+3 = 19

Parry: 4d20:
4, 18, 10, 12
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:35 am

Perception 22% / 1d100 = 34 =
JiC: 1d20 = 17 =
JiC: 1d100 = 22 =

Dhaltuun returns to consciousness in his own body.


”Incoming....” As he sits up and speaks, Dhaltuun hears the commotion. ”Gotta get in this!!” He jumps off his bed and grabs his long coat, as he puts it on, he grabs his rifle. With a loving look at his new hammer, Dhaltuun whispers ”not now but soon, Mimi....I promise.”
With a final pat on the hammer, he heads out of the room. As he jogs thru the behemoth, hits the radio ”Dhaltuun here!! Sit Rep.”




Seeing the simvan running away, jessie stops chasing them and returns to the behemoth.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Mini-Update

Dex fires another shot at the fleeing Fury Beetle hitting it's tough hide, before it's surprising speed and agility kick in and it tears off into the woods, becoming obscured by the foliage. Jessie lands near Bob and the scientist. "Are you okay?" She asks sympathetically. Bob looks at the remains of his suit of armor and back to the Valkyrie. "I'm good... Is everyone okay, sound off!" The Dog boy says to a chorus of affirmations. "Yeah we're good."

Jessie nods before making her way back to the Behemoth to wait beneath it's shade.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 am

Perception : 1d100 = 3 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 22

An hour increasing feeling of disappointment creeps up as Two Claws watches the creatures scatter and run for their lives. She takes a quick moment to make sure that everyone made it though ok. As Dexter gives chase to the fury beetle, she shouts out and tries to calm his spirit. ”Hey little friend, the battle has been won. Let them leave with their lives. The Spirit has something else in store for them. Everything comes full circle. They’ll get theirs when the Spirit sees fit. Come see what spoils of war we can find.”

Two Claws waves, gesturing to come join the rest of the group. She then turns and walks around the battlefield. One, to pick up her bow and two, to search for any useful information. During the search she will take a few minutes to try and back track their footprints. Seeing if she can determine a point of origin. After her search, Two Claws returns to group and explain any of the information that she gather, if anything is relevant, to the rest of the group.

Track & Trap Animals 47%/57% / 1d100 = 40 - try and back track their steps to find a point of origin
Land Navigation 61% / 1d100 = 41 - try and back track their steps to find a point of origin
Tracking: People 47% / 1d100 = 62 - try and back track their steps to find a point of origin
Lore: Demons & Monsters 57% / 1d100 = 89 - anything on fury beetles to help in tracking
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm


Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron