The Journey Begins

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 69

Kevin wrote:"Do you mean energy clips or P.P.E. Clips? because if it's P.P.E. Clips you'll likely have an easier time closer to Char as the area is chock full of Ley Line activity. If it's not I'm sure they could just be charged by your robots nuclear power source at any time."


As Kevin gives his advice on on the matter at hand, Dexter shows signs of frustration and irritation. Lifting his hat he scratches his head before placing it back on his head. ”Ya'know, this ain't me first time working with machines. Been ‘round the block for a minute but thanks for the heads up, anyways.”

Consumer wrote:Parking approximately a quarter of a mile from the town's fortified walls, the team is approached by a pair of men wearing piece-mail body armor on horses. "You approach the town of Ash, what is your business here outsiders?"


When the pair on men on horseback come strolling up on the convoy, Dexter remains calm. He slowly moves his hand over his rifle, getting ready if things turn south quickly. He also remains silent, waiting for their leader or one of the more established member to speak up first.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Jason Long » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 86 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 70

Skills Used:
((Land Navigation--79% / 1d100 = 94% ))
((Computer Operation--99% / 1d100 = 85 ))
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100 = 80 )) Going for trust, not intimidate
((Recognize Weapon Quality--77% / 1d100 = 8 ))

On the trip to Ash, Jason has a nagging thought, a memory. He digs into Bonaparte's navigation system, bringing up the maps of his Earth. Where is it...Ash...Ash.....Asheville!! Charlie said it was a small place in the mountains, so it escaped the worst of the rain of death. The place with great beer! Jason compares the maps in the database with the maps provided by the professor. He sees that Ash and Asheville must be the same place. I wonder if that part is the same...

Jason brings the revelation up to the Professor on the trip.

Consumer wrote:The trip into the mountains takes a few hours, but luckily the paths carved by the old American empire proved useful in leading the convoy right to it's intended destination, Ash. Parking approximately a quarter of a mile from the town's fortified walls, the team is approached by a pair of men wearing piece-mail body armor on horses.


Seeing the men approaching, Jason asks the Professor to go with him to meet and greet the pair. Jason goes down with his helmet off. He professionally considers the pair's gear as the approach.

Consumer wrote: "You approach the town of Ash, what is your business here outsiders?"


Jason smiles at the pair, waiting for the Professor, as leader of the expedition to speak first.

If the Professor hesitates or seems uncertain, Jason will take the lead. "Good day to you. I am Jason Long of the Templar. This is Professor Bharb of the famous Lazlo University and leader of our group. We are on a research expedition through the Carolinas and the southlands. We have come through Ash on our journey. We would like to enter your town to gather information on the immediate area and what we may find further on. Also to spend the night in a secure area. We had some trouble with Simvan previously and could use a rest. " Jason pauses a moment to gauges their reactions. "For myself, I heard rumors that Ash used to have some of the best breweries in the world. Is that true?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 40

Rufus spends the day pretty much the same as before -- meditating, researching databases, standing watch, and working with the Carny AI -- but will help out anyone who needs it. When they start getting close to Ash he takes up a lookout position on the Behemoth's roof. Not a bandits nest, but a mountain town. Wonder if they're like the Colorado Baronies? Would have been nice to visit some when we went to Denver.

When the horsemen stop the caravan, he smiles and waves from the roof and keeps his other hand away from his pistol. Cute and cuddly, Rufus. Cute and cuddly.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:21 am

Perception : 1d100 = 4 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 31

After the caravan stops just short of the town, Two Claws steps out to stretch her legs and get a bit of fresh air. Her hair stands up as the the two men on horseback approach. Being caught off guard once has made her a bit jumpy. Two Claws Immediately pull out her obsidian knife as by some natural instinct. She slowly move to the outside of the group, trying not to draw too much attention to herself or even spooking the horses. She uses her limited psionic powers by using Telepathy (4) and get a feel for the two on horseback.

Prowl 49% - 1d100 = 60 / not to spook the horses and get a better defensive position
Tailing 52% - 1d100 = 72 / not to draw attention from the two men
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:04 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: 1/4 mile East of Ash (North Carolina): March 13, 111 PA 10:02 AM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


As the group slowly and partially gathers, to talk with the horsemen, Two Claws slowly makes a circuitous route wich doesn't seem to go unnoticed, but then again the two men also never seem to mention it. When Jason explains the situation to the two men one nods to the other in some manner of unheard communication.

Professor Bharb speaks up. "Our intentions are ones of commerce, we're looking to top off some supplies and maybe get some information on the road ahead." The professor says calmly. It's obvious to those watching the men on horseback that they're standoffish by nature, not uncommon in rural communities that have to deal with raiders and outsiders on a regular.

One of the men looks to Jason. "Friend I think you're information is more than a little out of date. In our ancient past maybe, but since the calamity all that time ago Ash hasn't been known for anything. We do have some local brewers, but I wouldn't know if they're famous or not as we don't do a lot of traveling from our little town." The man says with a strange look that Jason is unable to register an emotion/feeling to correspond with.

"Well Professor, we are a simple community. That being said their is a toll to enter town, and the price is three ounces of gold, in any form is acceptable, or double that weight in silver. You will not be allowed to bring vehicles or heavy weapons into the village. If these two things can be done then welcome to Ash, if not, please be on your way." The man says with a tired look.

Professor Bharb nods, before pulling a pouch from his belt. opening the pouch he counts ten gold coins from the pile available. "Do I pay here or at the gate?" The professor asks.

"At the gate so they can weigh the gold, please follow me and welcome to Ash." The Horseman says before turning his horse around and slowly making his way back towards their town.

Professor Bharb looks to his group. "Reep and Kevin you'll be coming with us." The professor says before looking to Jason. "Bob will watch the vehicles with the others, so feel free to bring the Templar in whole if you'd like."



The village of Ash is built on the ruins of Ashville. It's clear that it once was a sizeable city, but the coming of the apocalypse leveled a great deal of the old buildings. That being said it does seem that the people living here have done a fine job of clearing rubble and retrofitting what remains to be used for new purposes, plus a few dozen newer wooden buildings exist scattered among the old. The technology level of the town seems to be similar to the ancient 18-19 century, with very little modern accoutrements.

At the gate professor Bharb pays the toll for the group. "We'll stay here for the day, and leave in the morning. Try not to rile up the locals is all I ask. We'll be looking into information on the road ahead. Enjoy." The professor says before heading into the village.

The village of Ash has most of the normal things you'd find in a town, so let me know in your post what you're looking to do and I will flesh out the details for you to interact with. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Perception:  1d20 = 2
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 111d100 = 62
APM: 5
Initiative:  1d20+2 = 4

Watching from the deck of the behemoth, Dhaltuun sends out a thought. ”Marcella? Could you please fly around these two so I can see them better on my screen? That’s my girl. Oh, and try to stay close enough for the mic to hear them” As he does this, he activates his gauntlet screen. ”Now to get my butt in gear.” He returns to his room to gather some gear, then off to the galley for some jerky, and finally to his buggy. ”I wonder what they have here?? I can look for new recipes, as well as maybe refilling the Templar’s pantry. Need to find something for Marcella and Jessie as well.”

Keeping one eye and ear on his camera, Dhaltuun hears mention of a brewer. He hits his radio ”Brewery?? That I would love to go visit.” ”Maybe i can learn that skill, then I can make brews as well. Hmm? Yeah, I like it.” he continues to listen in and gather his stuff. As he starts to load his buggy, he hears the part of no vehicles in town. ”What?? Damn, now I need to lighten my gear. Okay..recipe notes, jerky, rifle, cutlass, basic gear, and cooking bag. Anything else? That may be good enough.”

As the group readies to enter the to the town, Dhaltuun calls down Marcella. As she lands on his arm, Dhaltuun gives her a piece of jerky, before enjoying some himself. Absently scratching her, he looks around at the structures with the expert eye of a carpenter. ((Carpentry 84% / 1d100 = 42 / General Maintenance 64% / 1d100 = 11 / Salvage 69% / 1d100 = 61))

While in town, Dhaltuun will look for recipes, offer to assist with repairs of wooden items, as well as use magic to assist if needed. The main thing he is after is info on learning the brewing skill.


[hr]
Perception:  1d20 = 15
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 21d100 = 13
APM: 5
Initiative:  1d20+2 = 15

Jessie gathers her belongings and heads out to stand with the others. As she waits, she looks at the two guys on horseback in an attempt to gauge their horseflesh. All the while, she watches for trouble.
[/hr]
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:05 am

Perception: 1d100 = 94 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 48

After all the pleasantries are exchanged, Dexter parks and secures his ATV. Stowing his rifle and grabbing his pistol and top hat, he heads off with the group as they enter the town. Once the gatekeeper has been paid, Dexter decides to head off in his own direction. ”Going to take a quit look around town and end up a tavern at some point. Anybody wann'a take along, is more than welcomed.” Dexter waits for a minute or two to see if there are any takers. If there is anyone or not he will take a quick glance around to sees this town's technological advancements. Upon see that they're are not so advanced and not see too many thing that peeks his interests, he makes his way to the busiest pub for a drink or two. Once there he will try and gather intel from the locals and regulars
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:20 am

Perception : 1d100 = 9 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 25

Professor Bhar wrote:"Bob will watch the vehicles with the others, so feel free to bring the Templar in whole if you'd like."


"If no one needs my protection or objects then I think that I will stay her with Bob and watch over the vehicles. I never really cared to stay in town."

Two Claws states, half in question and half as a statement. She will remain with the other members and help with any preparations need to secure the vehicles. After seeing them off, she hangs around the mini camp for a few hours before wandering a short distance around the camp. Two Claws searches for a couple of thing. First thing is to make sure the simvan are not around. Second she will do some hunting. Third thing is she will look for a stream or pond with potable water to collect and also to get clean. She searches in a weaving pattern, doubling back a couple of time on the camp to make sure things are still good.


Detect Ambush 52% / 1d100 = 77 - to make sure the simvan have not followed and want revenge
Track & Trap Animals 47%/57% / 1d100 = 90 - to hut for some meat for the whole group (nothing smaller than a wolf )
Lore: Cattle & Animals 57% / 1d100 = 55 - to help with tracking and hunting of animals
Prowl 49% / 1d100 = 2 - used for hunting pouropse
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides 47% / 1d100 = 66 -if she finds anything worth skinning
Dowsing 22% / 1d100 = 84 - to find a source of water to gather and wash up in
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 90

Rufus makes his way down to the ground and accompanies Dhaltuun, Dexter and anyone else who venture into town. He won't try to bring too much attention to himself, but he'll meet any glances his way with a charming smile and a nod... and hoping he'll get a little bit warmer reception than a certain sheriff he once heard about.

Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 90/40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 58/25%

Like Dhaltuun, he'll offer magical assistance if needed... but he's really more into looking around the shops for old maps/books/etc. regarding the region -- its features, its flora/fauna, its history, its beliefs/myths, etc.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:26 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: 1/4 mile East of Ash (North Carolina): March 13, 111 PA 12:02 AM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Dhaltuun & Jessie



Dhaltuun makes the trip into the small town of Ash. He begins looking around for things to do, hoping to make himself either useful or at the very least to learn the art of brewing. Dhaltuun is rather unimpressed by the buildings as they are made of a majority of stone and repurposed rubble, this isn't to say there isn't wood buildings, it's more that they're the uncommon item. Dhaltuun finds to places that he could ply his trade as a woodworker, one is a furniture maker and the other is a small lumber mill.

Approaching either gets similar results. The humans working at these locations are quiet and taciturn, only answering questions with the shortest answers possible, and continually reiterating if Dhaltuun is buying anything. Neither seem interested in his help.

Once Dhaltuun has left Jessie makes a quiet observation to the dwarf. "These people are isolationist and likely are bothered by our very presence. Though luckily they don't seem overtly hostile. I have a feeling you're not going to find much love from these people." Jessie says while walking next to Dhaltuun.

Dhaltuun looks for these brewers, but doesn't see any of the tell tale distillery buildings, which leaves him to the only logical conclusion, they're likely small batch basement brews, and they're most likely made at the two taverns in town. Which brings Dhaltuun to the Black Dog Tavern on the western edge of the town.

Dexter



Dexter has a idea of what he's interested in, and that's what he goes to check on. Dexter walk about town tells him a few things about the people in the town of Ash; They live at a much lower level of technological advancement then MercTown, roughly the equivalent of the mid 1800's of the old world. Electricity is only in a few of the buildings, one of the taverns, a mechanics shop, and a large manor looking building that Dexter surmises is where the mayor of the town lives. There are very few vehicles in town, a few rebuilt jeeps and SUVs, and more than a few horse drawn wagons and carts.

Taking a little bit of a closer look at the mechanic shop, shows that the proprietor is likely a jack of all trades craftsman, versus a particular specialty. Dexter can see what he thinks is a small coal forge for metal work and a definite collection of wood working tools.

Dexter makes his way to the busiest tavern in town, which he finds on the western edge. The Black Dog Tavern, is a surprisingly sturdy looking building, with a pre-rifts building as the core of it, and renovations of wood and stone filling out the necessary other parts. The inside is relatively well lit with electrical lights that remind Dexter of some images he's seen in old history books. A dark copper topped bar dominates the rear wall of the tavern with a dozen or so stools along it's length. Another dozen wooden tables with a mixture of chairs and stools are scattered about the taproom, while a small stage takes up the one corner of the room. Dexter notes that the taproom has a few ancient but working ceiling fans, slowly stirring the cool air.

Inside the tavern are approximately a dozen people, including the burly lumberjack of a bartender and the one single bar maid wandering around wiping off tables. The patrons all look to Dexter as he enters, but quickly look back to their drinks.

Two Claws



Two Claws, not much for civilization decides to stay behind. Bob, Sarah, and Michelle have set up camp and are sitting quietly chatting among themselves, though Two Claws can see that Bob's attention is more on the surrounding area than on the conversation. Two Claws begins to range around the area looking for trouble and hunting opportunities. Two Claws figures out the following things in her trek; The Simvan have not been around here, and they don't seem to have followed the group in any way shape or form. Two Claws manages to catch a rabbit in her trek, though bungles a salvageable hide from it (The meat is still fine though).

Two Claws finds a small pond and stream to take care of her water and cleansing needs. When Two Claws comes back to the vehicles, the trio wave her over. The blonde woman who was introduced as Sarah looks to Two Claws. "Would you like to have lunch with us? Michelle made a bit of stew." Sarah says almost nodding towards the cast iron pot hanging over a small fire.

Rufus



Rufus much like Dhaltuun finds the people of Ash are a bit anti-social. SO as to not cause incidents, he doesn't bother people too much. Though it does leave him time to explore the few shops in town. There is your atypical General Store selling all manner of sundries, a Grocer selling more varieties of foodstuffs, a barber, and a very strange looking shop.

The shop is built into what may have once been a old post office. The sign above the door says that its known as Greenbriars. but it doesn't hint to what it may have inside. Rufus being the curious sort decides to head in and check it out. The interior is cramped and clutterd, but Rufus can't deny what his senses are telling him. Greenbriar's is likely a magic shop. Books and mundane sundries are intermingled with a few fantastical and macabre items. in the back behind a small counter is a large shelving unit covered in hundreds of jars of reagents and ingredients, potion bottles and elixirs. Also behind the desk is a old human woman, wearing a simple grey robe. "An outsider and a mage has entered my humble little shop. How may I help you young Kankoran?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 29

Dexter walks into the Black Dog Tavern, looks around and noticed the other patrons avoidance of any prolonged acknowledgement. He stills tips his hat in a sign of greeting. Walking over near the barmaid and sitting a seat at a table next to where she is cleaning. ”Morn'n ma'am. Could I bother you for a mug of strongest stout?” Dexter asks. Giving her a smile and a nod when she acknowledges him. After which he takes out a cigar and lights it up. When the barmaid returns with his drink, Dexter stops her to ask a few questions ”Mind if ask you a few questions?” He pauses for her to answer. ”Me and my companions are on our way to Char and was wondering if there is some particular danger we should look out for? Also, do you know if there is any landmarks around that might be interesting to take a peek at?” Dexter says with a wink. Leaning in a bit, he turn his head slightly, as if what she about to tell him is a secret. He takes a couple of long pulls from his beer. After she makes a response, Dexter will ask for another drink, weither he finished with his current one or not.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 66 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 65

Sarah wrote:"Would you like to have lunch with us? Michelle made a bit of stew."


Two Claws walks up to the trio, huddled around a cooking pot and fire. Taking a deep breath, she tries to deduce what type of stew it is. She allows the smells to permeate her nostrils as her mouth salivates on anticipation of food. Giving the group a hearty smile as she responds to the offering of lunch.

"That smells pretty good. I would love to join you for some lunch. I caught a rabbit if you want it for dinner tonight, tho I mangled the pelt."

Two Claws holds up her kill, as a few drops of blood fall gently on the ground. She glance over at the carcass, as to admire her handy work for a second or two. She then finds a place to ste the rabbit down while she collects some flatware to serve herself some lunch. Sitting down next to the trio, Two Claws begins to eat her stew. After she eats a few filling bites, she pauses and turns to group.

"This is fairly good. My thanks to the ones who prepared it. Whoever made this should get together with Dhaltuun. He's a good cook as well. Maune you guys could exchange some recipes or something. So, do you mind if I ask some personal questions?"

Two Claws will wait for the ok before proceeding to ask her questions. If they reject her offer, then she will finish her meal and quietly depart and go for a walk.

"How do any of you know the professor? Have you worked with him in the past? Do you know anything about the place we are headed?"

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 20% / 1d100 = 94 - to help income some trust and gather some privy info
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:16 am

Perception:  1d100 = 91
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 121d100 = 15
APM: 5
Initiative:  1d20+2 = 17

As Dhaltuun walks around, he grows more and more annoyed at the treatment of himself and his valkyrie companion. ”This is getting old real fuckin’ old, fast!!” Even though he is unhappy about this fact, he does his best to hide it. After the one more attempt, Dhaltuun politely smiles and leaves.

Once Dhaltuun has left Jessie makes a quiet observation to the dwarf. "These people are isolationist and likely are bothered by our very presence. Though luckily they don't seem overtly hostile. I have a feeling you're not going to find much love from these people." Jessie says while walking next to Dhaltuun.


”Thanks, Jesse. I appreciate that. Lets get a drink.” He looks around and sees Dexter heading into a building, that looksto be a tavern. He looks at Jesse with a raised eyebrow ”What about that place?? I think I saw Dex head in there.”

The Black Dog Tavern, is a surprisingly sturdy looking building, with a pre-rifts building as the core of it, and renovations of wood and stone filling out the necessary other parts. The inside is relatively well lit with electrical lights that remind Dexter of some images he's seen in old history books. A dark copper topped bar dominates the rear wall of the tavern with a dozen or so stools along it's length. Another dozen wooden tables with a mixture of chairs and stools are scattered about the taproom, while a small stage takes up the one corner of the room. Dexter notes that the taproom has a few ancient but working ceiling fans, slowly stirring the cool air.

Inside the tavern are approximately a dozen people, including the burly lumberjack of a bartender and the one single bar maid wandering around wiping off tables.


Dhaltuun enters the Black dog. Looking around, he notices the interior before the people. As his eyes wander, he lets out a low whistle. ”This is nice. Oh, there is Dex.” he walks to dex’s table, along the way he lets his hand glide down the edge of the bar. Once he reaches the barkeep, He nods in greeting. ”Good day. Can I get a nice, earthy lager? Do you have food service as well? If so, I would like a red meat and potato platter.”

With his order made, he looks at jesse. ”Want anything? I am gonna go sit with dex, if I can. Come with or not, your choice.” He approaches Dex. Seeing him talking he quietly stands a moment. Once he makes eye contact with Dex, he motions to the other seats with a raised eyebrow then to himself and Jesse , if she followed.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 33

Consumer wrote:
Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: 1/4 mile East of Ash (North Carolina): March 13, 111 PA 12:02 AM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Rufus much like Dhaltuun finds the people of Ash are a bit anti-social. SO as to not cause incidents, he doesn't bother people too much. Though it does leave him time to explore the few shops in town. There is your atypical General Store selling all manner of sundries, a Grocer selling more varieties of foodstuffs, a barber, and a very strange looking shop.

The shop is built into what may have once been a old post office. The sign above the door says that its known as Greenbriars. but it doesn't hint to what it may have inside. Rufus being the curious sort decides to head in and check it out. The interior is cramped and clutterd, but Rufus can't deny what his senses are telling him. Greenbriar's is likely a magic shop. Books and mundane sundries are intermingled with a few fantastical and macabre items. in the back behind a small counter is a large shelving unit covered in hundreds of jars of reagents and ingredients, potion bottles and elixirs. Also behind the desk is a old human woman, wearing a simple grey robe. "An outsider and a mage has entered my humble little shop. How may I help you young Kankoran?"



Well, they can't look down on the mystic arts too much if there's a magic shop here in town... Rufus thinks to himself as he steps in and gets his first glance as the establishment's wares. He takes a few investigative sniffs of the air inside as he scans the items on the shelves, trying to ascertain if the shop caters to one type of magic in particular. It'd be my luck, I've just stumbled into a Necromancers-R-Us...

- 1d100 = 43/67% to recognize common/known smells
- Lore: Magic -- General Knowledge: 1d100 = 74/67%
- Lore: Magic -- Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 1d100 = 39/57%
- Lore: Magic -- Recognize Enchantment 1d100 = 8/50%

When the proprietor (he assumes, anyway) speaks to him he flashes his best smile and bows slightly in greeting. "Zdravo, milady. I'm Rufus, with the Templar of MercTown. Always a pleasure to meet a kindred spirit." He raises his gaze back to her and tries to pick up any stray emanations of mystic energy coming from her. "My companions and I are here for the day and would like to learn as much as we could about the area -- its history, flora, fauna, areas of interest, areas to avoid, that sort of thing. I was hoping you might have something that might help."

- Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 8/40%
- Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 35/25%
- Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ (152.4 m) away.
- See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Jason Long » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 41 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 89

Jason puts his helmet and a dozen cigars in his backpack before leaving the Behemoth. He stops and spends some time at the gate trying to speak with the guards. Remembering his time as an MP, Jason knows that guard duty was one of the most boring and thankless of jobs. But, guards see and hear more than most people realize. Jason introduces himself to them as one guardian to another. If they are amenable, Jason will sit and have a cigar, chatting with them about dangers in the area. If they seem interested, Jason offers them each a cigar. If he gains their acceptance, Jason will ask more about the dangers in the area. He tells them of the encounter with the Simvan, without going into detail of Bonaparte's firepower. Jason just says that they were able to drive them off.

If it appears that Jason has gained their trust, Jason asks where the best place in town is for him to get a beer and some food. Before leaving them, Jason thanks the guards. "As one guardian to another, thank you for keeping your people safe." If they were interested in the cigars, Jason will leave them a few more. He will then head for the place they recommend, if any. On the way, Jason keeps an eye our for any obvious signs of deficiencies or surpluses in the town, items that would make for decent trade goods in case the Templar came this way again.

Jason also keeps a careful eye out to see if he is being followed.

((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100 = 93 ))
((Intelligence--83% / 1d100 = 99 ))
((Interrogation--87% / 1d100 = 19 ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: 1/4 mile East of Ash (North Carolina): March 13, 111 PA 1:02 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Dhaltuun & Jessie

Dhaltuun enter the Black Dog Tavern with Jessie in tow, only to find that Dexter is already there. Dhaltuun moves to join Dexter, and his request for a Lager and a meat and potato platter get a quizzical look from the waitress. "A Lager I can do, as for a meat and potato platter, not so much." She says, before handing Dhaltuun a menu. a quick look shows that they have the most basic of bar foods. Burgers, chicken of a few varieties, and french fires. Jessie looks to the waitress. "Do you take credits for services?" The woman smiles. "We do." The waitress answers. "Oh good. I know some of the towns out this way don't and only work in barter or precious metals. I'll have a cheeseburger and fires, and a pint of the house special." The Valkyrie asks with a smile.



Dexter

Dexter Portlywright wrote:”Morn'n ma'am. Could I bother you for a mug of strongest stout?”


The waitress nods. "Right away good sir." Before she moves off to the bar to grab Dexter his mug of Stout. She returns with a chipped glass mug with a viciously dark beer with a thick amber foam. "Your Stout sir."

Dexter Portlywright wrote:”Mind if ask you a few questions?” He pauses for her to answer. ”Me and my companions are on our way to Char and was wondering if there is some particular danger we should look out for? Also, do you know if there is any landmarks around that might be interesting to take a peek at?”


She nods. "I suppose there isn't much harm in a few questions." She says quietly, before listening to what Dex has to say.

"I can't say I rightly know much about the goings on between here and Char. I know that the Dinosaurs get a bit more frequent down that way, and that I've heard rumors of undead of various sorts that way as well. As for landmarks, I'm sorry to say I haven;t left our peaceful town in all the years I've lived here." She says with a smile, it's the first warm smile Dex has seen in this town.



Two Claws

Two Claws wrote:"That smells pretty good. I would love to join you for some lunch. I caught a rabbit if you want it for dinner tonight, tho I mangled the pelt."


The group shifts slightly to make room for Two Claws to join. They nod in approval of the rabbit, and chuckle lightly at the mention of mangled pelt. Sarah speaks up about it. "You probably did a better job of it than any of us could do. Maybe you can salvage the fur and make gloves or something." Sarah says cheerfully.

Two Claws wrote:"This is fairly good. My thanks to the ones who prepared it. Whoever made this should get together with Dhaltuun. He's a good cook as well. Maune you guys could exchange some recipes or something. So, do you mind if I ask some personal questions?"


Michelle smiles at the compliment. "It's nothing special really, I just followed the recipe in the book." The exotic looking medic says with a shrug.

When Two Claws asks if she can ask them questions, they all seem agreeable, though it's hard to tell with Bob as he has a generally stern looking face at the best of times.

Two Claws wrote:"How do any of you know the professor? Have you worked with him in the past? Do you know anything about the place we are headed?"


Michelle speaks up first. "I've only recently met him, he was planning this expedition, and put a call out for a medical professional. So after some finagling between the university and the Lazlo medical center, I was given the go ahead to join."

Sarah the blonde woman of the group speaks up next. "Yeah much the same as Michelle, I saw an add while doing Bio-Chem at the medical center. Though apparently, they figured if sending one of us was good, that two of us was better." Sarah says with a smile.

Bob grunts. "I've known the professor for a few months, I've accompanied him and Kevin on a smaller two week trip to the magic zone. University is cautious about sending PHd's into dangerous areas without protection." Bob finishes with a snort.

Michelle speaks up once more. "As for where we're going. We three are likely not the best ones to ask, Kevin and the Professor know more about where we're going than anyone else. I am curious about some of the local fauna and it's medical properties, and will likely be examining stuff like that while we're down here. Hopefully with Sarah's help."

Bob butts in. "Char's a shithole of a town, that resembles the burbs of Coalition cities. They're lawless and dirty and dangerous. But that being said we'll be fine I think, as we're a large enough group that will keep most of the gangs in check."



Rufus

Skill Check
Rufus smells a combination of an herbalist shop and a few other strange but not unpleasant.
Rufus is unsure what manner of magic user she may be.
Rufus notices a few runes about the shop, but they seem benign in nature.
Rudus does not suspect any manner of enchantment in his view of the shop.
Rufus' Magic senses can tell that several items in the shop are magical in nature.


The old woman nods at the greeting, and when Rufus puts forth his question, she nods once more. 'I have a few journals from adventurers who explored the area, some of these journals have maps in them. As for the accuracy of the works." She smiles and shrugs. "People experience things in different ways. Though from what I've read of them, they seem pretty accurate."




Jason Long

Jason take time to chat with the guards, who though a bit standoffish, are willing to talk. Question as to local threats, comes up with bandits and dinosaurs. When Jason mentions the SImvan, the guards nod. "An occasional nuisance to be sure, but they tend not to come this far east." The two guards are more than happy to take a cigar from Jason and even wish him well while he is in town.

Jason walks the roads of the town and much like the rest of the team finds ash to be a small ramshackle village with little to no overt technology. The people of Ash seem to be an industrious people who have made due with the little bit that they have. If Jason were to guess any type of trade goods that they would be interested in, would likely be luxury items and sturdy technological items.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 95

After the barmaid has answered Dexter's questions with a smile, he returns the smile before she walks away. ”Thank you ma'am, your most kind.” Dexter looks around at the other patrons as she walks away. Noticing some of the other members of the Templars, he waves them over to take a seat with him at his table. ”Cuz! Over here. Me already got a table.” he makes his movements a bit exaggerated, trying to see if anyone has any interest in them. Dexter takes a few more draws from his cigar as the two make their way over to him, if they so chooses

If the two decides to join Dexter, then he will wait until they have seated before commencing with the slew of questions. ”Have you gained in useful bits of information in your venture around town? Do you want another round? I couldn't get much, other than the fact that there isn't too much around here and their more backwater folk than me tech savvy towns I'm used to. You got more sight seei'n to do? Do you think anybody notices or cares were here? Sorry, I'm rambling. Ya’ can't get a word in edgewise.”
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:16 am

Perception:  25% / 1d100 = 85
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 21d100 = 15
APM: 5
Initiative:  1d20+2 = 10

Skills -
Cooking [dice]59%[/dice] / (professional)
sense dimension magic in use [dice]49%[/dice] - cost 1 action per round / can alter destination if successful / roll D20 high roll wins, I need to spend the same ppe to take control of spell

Noticing some of the other members of the Templars, he waves them over to take a seat with him at his table. ”Cuz! Over here. Me already got a table.” 


Dhaltuun sits and accepts the menu with a small bow of his head. ”Thank ye. I will have a hamburger with all the fixin’ with a side of fries.” He continues to peruse the menu while he waits for his order. ”Let see…anyhing I can take with me. I need ideas. I will see how the food is, then I will try to talk to the chef, and brewmaster, if I can.” As he looks, he uses one hand to pull out his ever ready notebook and pen. With a distracted air about him, Dhaltuun starts making notes. ”This menu seems lacking in serious variety. All I see are generic things for a bar.I wonder if I can get salsa on a burger or a philly cheesesteak sandwich? Those are drinking foods…big meals means more drinking.”

As his mind wanders to food, as usual, Dhaltuun opens his senses to his environment. ((Cooking / sense dimension magic in use)) With a content sigh, Dhaltuun sends thoughts. ”Marcella, my girl. Keep an eye out for trouble. Otherwise, just have fun. I will call if I need you. Even my girl needs to relax.” with a blink, he brings his attention back to the hear and now, just in time to hear Dexter’s questions.

If the two decides to join Dexter, then he will wait until they have seated before commencing with the slew of questions. ”Have you gained in useful bits of information in your venture around town? Do you want another round? I couldn't get much, other than the fact that there isn't too much around here and their more backwater folk than me tech savvy towns I'm used to. You got more sight seei'n to do? Do you think anybody notices or cares were here? Sorry, I'm rambling. Ya’ can't get a word in edgewise.”


With a small wave of his hand and a chuckle ”Whoa, cousin! Slow down. No, I didn’t really gather any info..not my strong area of skill. I did go see a few shops, but noone wanted to talk, just sell their wares. There is a strong feeling of xenophobia here. I mean, a strong dislike for outsiders. Maybe we can learn something in this place.’ as he finishes he waves his hand around to indicate the bar.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 2 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 13

Sarah wrote:"You probably did a better job of it than any of us could do. Maybe you can salvage the fur and make gloves or something."


Two Claws smiles as Sarah as she makes her suggestion. Thinking about the possibilities of what Two Claws could make, she looks back at the rabbit carcass. She picks it up and stretches it out in front of her. She also shifts it around to look at it in different angles.

"You know, I'm not sure about a pair of gloves but a decent set of ear muffs could possibly work. "

Michelle wrote:"As for where we're going. We three are likely not the best ones to ask, Kevin and the Professor know more about where we're going than anyone else. I am curious about some of the local fauna and it's medical properties, and will likely be examining stuff like that while we're down here. Hopefully with Sarah's help."


Two Claws seems to be caught off guard a bit when Michelle mentions examining the fauna.

Local fauna? Maybe this is truly a scientific expedition. I haven't meet too many white men who pursue knowledge over power and wealth. Still better keep at least one eye turned toward their direction.

"Flowers!? I know a little about that subject. Though my extensive knowledge is a bit more northwest then here, I should be able to help identify some plants for you, if you like?."

Bob wrote:"Char's a shithole of a town, that resembles the burbs of Coalition cities. They're lawless and dirty and dangerous. But that being said we'll be fine I think, as we're a large enough group that will keep most of the gangs in check."


Burbs of Coalition cities?! That's good to know. Many chances to test my limits but I shouldn't let.my guard down. Better warn the rest of the group.

Two Claws lets Bob interject to state his opinion. She remains stoic through his rant and several moments after. Relaxing her guard for brief moment before standing up and excusing herself.

"I’m going to make a few circles around.the perimeter of the camp. Anybody need me to bring them back anything?"


Two Claws waits for the trio to respond to her question. She will then make a few passes around the camp, gathering up any request the trio may have for her.

Detect Ambush 52% - 1d100 = 80 can never be too paranoid in this day nd age
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:38 pm

(( Rolls Carried Over ))
Dhaltuun wrote: Whoa, cousin! Slow down. No, I didn’t really gather any info..not my strong area of skill. I did go see a few shops, but noone wanted to talk, just sell their wares. There is a strong feeling of xenophobia here. I mean, a strong dislike for outsiders. Maybe we can learn something in this place.’[/b]


”Well, all I got from this place is just the obvious. Other than that their stout is not too bad. Ya’ know for a place like this. Maybe if we buy enough they might like us a wee bit better. We should at least get one more round. Then say if we had our fill go back to camp for then and get a move on with the job.” Dexter waits for the barmaid to order another round, seeing that Dhaltuun is trying to get her attention as well.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 77/69% (increases when on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 13

Consumer wrote:
Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: 1/4 mile East of Ash (North Carolina): March 13, 111 PA 1:02 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Skill Check
Rufus smells a combination of an herbalist shop and a few other strange but not unpleasant.
Rufus is unsure what manner of magic user she may be.
Rufus notices a few runes about the shop, but they seem benign in nature.
Rudus does not suspect any manner of enchantment in his view of the shop.
Rufus' Magic senses can tell that several items in the shop are magical in nature.


The old woman nods at the greeting, and when Rufus puts forth his question, she nods once more. 'I have a few journals from adventurers who explored the area, some of these journals have maps in them. As for the accuracy of the works." She smiles and shrugs. "People experience things in different ways. Though from what I've read of them, they seem pretty accurate."


"Reminds me of an old poem I read once about a group of blind men trying to figure out what an elephant looks like by touching it..." Rufus chuckles. "Problem is, each one of them only felt one part of the elephant and so everyone got a different idea and wound up fighting each other over whose idea was the 'right' one." That was one of Uncle Cato's favorites, he added to himself. He used it in his lectures as an example of how people have a tendency to claim absolute truth based on their limited, subjective experience as they ignore others' limited, subjective experiences which may be equally true. "May I see them?"

He leafed through some, looking to see which ones had the most maps and details on flora/fauna. Once he's picked out 2 or 3 that look like they'd be of the most use to him and the scholars he's traveling with, he slides them towards the lady. "I'd be interested in these, prosim. While I'm here I might also be interested in items that could be useful out in the wilds if you've got any. I'm told there aren't many pockets of civilization out in the Dino Swamp."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:27 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: 1/4 mile East of Ash (North Carolina): March 13, 111 PA 3:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Dexter, Dhaltuun & Jessie

A brief fifteen minute wait, greets the trio with a few more brews and two plates of food. The burgers are cooked well with a modicum of spices on fresh baked rolls. The relatively standard fixings of lettuce, tomato, and onion are provided as well as a caddy with some sauces on it. The fries are not to shabby, but it's awfully hard to mess up a french fry. Dhaltuun senses something that may be a dimensional anomaly, but cannot pinpoint it no matter how hard he concentrates. As for his cooking sense, it's hard to make any decisions on the cook other than he hasn't messed up the simple burger.



Two Claws

The conversation between Two Claws and the trio at camp is pleasant, when Two Claws offers her expertise on plants, she receives a
genuine smile and a nod. "I would like that." Michelle says pleasantly.

Two Claws spends the next while roaming in ever growing circles around the camp, until she gets close to the town in one of her passes. She finds nothing amiss, and still rather placid.

When Two Claws decides to make another round of patrols, the others bid her farewell. Bob nods approving in his own way. Though no one seems need anything. "We'll start with dinner here in an hour or so... and given the size of the rabbit, a few hours to cook."



Rufus

Rufus finds two of the journals are from naturalists, and seem to have a good amount of information that would be helpful on the journey. Sliding those to the old woman, she smiles. "Good choices." When Rufus asks about things useful to the expedition, she shrugs. "A lot of items in my shop would be useful, I would need more to go on than that. As I do not know the make up of your group or the supplies which you carry." She says in a relatively neutral but helpful tone.

"As for the books, I can sell them to you for one hundred credits total."




Jason Long

Nothing to see here, move along.

2 hours have passed by the end of this post, if you have nothing further to do in town, please make your way back to camp and we can move on to the next leg of the journey.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Perception:  25% / 1d100 = 44
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 141d100 = 41
APM: 5
Initiative:  1d20+2 = 14

Skills -
Cooking [dice]59%[/dice] / (professional)
sense dimension magic in use [dice]49%[/dice]
OOC Comments
cost 1 action per round / can alter destination if successful / roll D20 high roll wins, I need to spend the same ppe to take control of spell

Lore: Magic -
• **General Knowledge: 59% - 1d100 = 7
• **Recognize. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 49% - 1d100 = 33
• **Recognize Enchantment 46% - 1d100 = 60


With a small wave of his hand and a chuckle ”Whoa, cousin! Slow down. No, I didn’t really gather any info..not my strong area of skill. I did go see a few shops, but noone wanted to talk, just sell their wares. There is a strong feeling of xenophobia here. I mean, a strong dislike for outsiders. Maybe we can learn something in this place.’ as he finishes he waves his hand around to indicate the bar.

[quote=Dexter]”Well, all I got from this place is just the obvious. Other than that their stout is not too bad. Ya’ know for a place like this. Maybe if we buy enough they might like us a wee bit better. We should at least get one more round. Then say if we had our fill go back to camp for then and get a move on with the job.” Dexter waits for the barmaid to order another round, seeing that Dhaltuun is trying to get her attention as well.[/quote]

Dhaltuun nods his head with a small smile ”I like the way you think. Lets start with food and beer. Definitely beer.” He listens to the general chatter of the tavern as he soaks up the atmosphere. ”Basic construction. Sturdy, but functional. Not professional, but definitely a talented amateur. I like it.” dhaltuun then makes more notes in his notebook. ”Carved archways above door, hand carved benches and tables. The bar is a work of art.”


Once the food arrives, Dhaltuun savors the food for a minute with his eyes as he inhales the smell. ”thank ye, miss. From one chef to another, please tell the cook, it looks and smells great. As for the taste, I will let you know.” He says the last part with a friendly smile before digging in to his meal. As he enjoy his food, he uses his cooking “senses” to identify the food stuffs. ”Beef…what is that? 80/20…not bad. Some salt…pepper, and…garlic! Nice! This is a well made burger. "With burger in one hand, with grease running down his wrist, Dhaltuun adds this in his notes. He looks up after writing ”This is a good burger. Maybe we should see about picking up some fresh stuff while we are here. Some one want to call Jason? I am gonna kill this burger.’ once done speaking, he dives back back into his food.

Part way thru a bite, dhaltuun stops and looks around with squinty eyes. ”I felt a dimensional disturbance.” with a quick motion, he finishes his burge and then takes a gulp of beer. Wiping his mouth, he says ”I am gonna see if me girl, Marcella and I can track it. If I find anything, I will radio. Take care of this?” He motions at the table, then with a nod towards the waitress, he turns and heads for the door. He turns back after a couple steps. ”Jessie. Stay or come? Up to you.”

Whether or not she follows. Dhaltuun heads out. ”Marcella. I sensed rift magic nearby. We is gonna try to find it. Open your eyes, my girl. It is time to work.” with that, he turns on his wrist gauntlet screen and then turns slowly till he can fiqure out with way to start. After a few seconds, he deides he needs help. With anquickprayer to Njord, and a couple words, dhaltuun boosts his senses with magic. ((Cast sense magic and sense evil)) Once the magic takes hold, he starts walking around town trying to track the “feeling’.


 



[hr]
Perception:  1d20 = 10
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 31d100 = 74
APM: 5
Initiative:  1d20+2 = 10

Trying her best to control herself, Jesse finally gives up the battle. Oh, well. Win some, lose some.” she also dives into her food. ”you were right these are good. Make sure you get the ingredients right. The others would likely enjoy these.’ She continues to eat while Dhaltuun does his thing.

When he announces he is leaving, she looks up from her food. With grease dripping off her chin, ”I am good here. I can help dex with anything he needs. You go, if you need me just holler.”

[/hr]
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Jason Long » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 77 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 23

After walking around town, Jason heads back to the Behemoth. He is a little let down after hearing the stories about Asheville back home. He dismisses the wave of homesickness and runs a systems check on Bonaparte. The routine work on his old friend helps center him back on the mission.

Jason then goes sits in his office in the Behemoth, smoking a cigar and going over the maps for the road ahead. He examines the route, looking for the best points for raiders to ambush the team, and planning responses and rest stops where Two Claws can scout ahead. He takes careful notes to go over with the team during breakfast in the morning.

If everyone gets back to camp before its too late, Jason will suggest that they all sit around the campfire and share what they found in town. If it is late when everyone gets back, he will hold that off until breakfast. Either way, before they start sharing, Jason asks if any of the team members would volunteer to document everything for team records.

Jason asks everyone to note shortages or needs the town has and anything that they noticed might be of value. Jason explains that the information would be valuable. If the team ever came this way again, they could bring items that Ashe could use as trade goods. Or they could sell the information to a trading outfit in MercTown. It seems to Jason that some type of trade could help a struggling town like Ashe.

((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 30 ))
((Intelligence--83% / 1d100 = 86 ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 65

Jesse wrote:”I am good here. I can help dex with anything he needs. You go, if you need me just holler.”


Dexter finishes his drink before he turns his attention to Jesse. ”Well las, reckon me ain't got much in the way of needing help but wouldn't mind a bit o’ conversation, tho. Let's get back to camp and see if any of others have found sum'tin more useful.” Dexter stands up from the table after squaring up with barmaid. Following Jesse, the two proceed to return to camp. He will try and have a light casual chit chat while he walks back.
Once he returns, Dexter will convey that fact that he had gathered nothing but a slight buzz while in town. He will make several checks on the vehicles before they move out on the morning. Ensuring that they are ready to continue the next leg of their journey.

Skill Rolls
Mechanical Engineer 60% / 1d100 = 57
Basic Mechanics 55% / 1d100 = 1
Automotive Mechanics 40% / 1d100 = 69
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 1 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 57

After make several round around the camp, Two Claws decides to head back. She will eat some supper and converse with the rest of the Templars when the return from town. Remaining late into the night around the campfire before she heads off to bed. In the morning Two Claws confers with the other as to which route they will taking. After making sure everything is secure she will scout ahead of the convoy.

Detect Ambush 52% - 1d100 = 19 - to be on the safe side
Land Navigation 61% - 1d100 = 25 - help scout a route for the convoy
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 44

Consumer wrote:
Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: 1/4 mile East of Ash (North Carolina): March 13, 111 PA 3:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.



Rufus finds two of the journals are from naturalists, and seem to have a good amount of information that would be helpful on the journey. Sliding those to the old woman, she smiles. "Good choices." When Rufus asks about things useful to the expedition, she shrugs. "A lot of items in my shop would be useful, I would need more to go on than that. As I do not know the make up of your group or the supplies which you carry." She says in a relatively neutral but helpful tone.

"As for the books, I can sell them to you for one hundred credits total."


Rufus scratches his chin. "It appears I'd need more to go on than that as well -- I can't think of anything at the moment." Swamp exploration wasn't anything they covered at university. "That's the problem, isn't it? You only know you need something when you need it -- but of course when you need it, it's not around," He chuckles. "Oh well, these journals should be a great benefit in and of themselves. Hvala vam for your help." He gives her the 100 credits along with a tip of another 100 credits. "It was a pleasure meeting you. Farewell!"

He exits the store and makes his way back to the group's camp outside the city. Once he arrives he looks up Jason in his office. "Back, chief! Found a funky magic shop with a slightly odd vibe. Did find these two journals though -- could help give us an idea of what kinds of flora and fauna we'll see on the way. Think Bhab's bunch might want a look-see as well?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:03 pm

((ROLLS HELD))

After a couple hours of aimless wandering, Dhaltuun sighs ”Okay, I think I am wasting our time. Come, Marcella, lets head back.” holding up his arm for her to land on, he hits the radio ”Dhaltuun here. Sensed what I thought was a rift of some kind, but I cant find anything. Me and Marcella girl are heading back.’

As he walks, he strokes Marcella’s feathers gently. ”so, my girl? What shall we do? We need to plan for our future. Of course, we have Jessie with us now. Plans must include her. I need to work on my summons. There must be a way to speed it up, for use in combat….there must be a way for me to become better at magic while honoring Njord.” With that, he lets his mind wander about SN helpers, and magic, and as always, Food. ”So much to do. Learn better magic, improve my cooking, need some more combat skills, and of course learn as much as I can about the SN.’

He will let pleasant thought intrude his thinking as he returns to camp. Once back, he will help with food prep then help with clean up before retiring.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:36 am

((rolls held over))

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Dhaltuun here. Sensed what I thought was a rift of some kind, but I cant find anything. Me and Marcella girl are heading back.’


Rufus' ears prick up at the mention of a rift. Hmph. I didn't think we were all that close to a ley line. I should have sensed it the moment it happened -- maybe he can sense them from further away because he's more sensitive to them? He is a shifter, after all. He keys his comlink. "Dhal? It's Rufus. You thought you felt a rift open up? When? Can you remember what general direction?"

Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 62/72%

While he waits for an answer, he reaches out with his own mystic senses trying to locate any rifts or ley lines. I really should do this every day. Not all ley lines are mapped, and I want to know if we're getting close to any.

Sense Ley Line: 50 miles (80.47 km). Can follow the feeling to the location of the ley line. -- 1d100 = 4/57%
Sense a Rift: Automatically feel the sensation of a rift opening/closing anywhere within 90 miles (144.8 km) of him.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: 1/4 mile East of Ash (North Carolina): March 13, 111 PA 4:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Skills and Such
Rufus: There are at least two notable Ley Lines within 50 miles of your location. Though you did not sense a rift opening in the possible 90 mile radius.
Dhaltuun: You do not sense any Dimensional magic in use, nor any regular magic for that matter. You do still sense a constant Dimensional Anomaly (not a rift) surrounding you.


The group is gathered.

The group has gathered back at camp, Michelle and Sarah are putting the final touches on bbq pulled meat sandwiches with potato chips and macaroni salad. The food is pretty good and definitely filling. Jason's request of what others learned in town gets a response from Professor Bharb. "So from what I've learned in town, bandits are apparently agitated at the moment, some sort of power struggle is the best they can come up with. Supposedly the path to Char should be relatively clear, which is nice. I also got a few leads on things to investigate, but I need to mull them over first." Bharb says, before adding. "What about you guys?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 50 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 47

Professor Bharb wrote:"What about you guys?"


Dexter mulls over the question in his head a few times. His deducting skills hamper by his full belly. After a few minutes he finally has enough energy to come up with an answer. ”Ya' know, other than need'n sum more modern advancements, me don’t thinks me can add any more value to the table.” he adds he two cents to the conversation. Looking around to see if anyone else has anything to add. Me feel like a drunken goat stumbling in with nothing to give and then trashing the place. Hopefully someone else can speak up.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 am

Perception : 1d100 = 85 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 96

Finishing up supper, Two Claws accompanied the rest of the Templars as they gather for some information sharing. She remains her quiet self as they discuss their findings. Her curiosity is peaked when the professor mentions things to investigates but not divulging what they are.

Why is he so secretive? What is he trying to hide? Should we be on alert? Or do I have to keep a closer eye on these guys?

Two Claws waits around to hear the rest of the Templars. After which she will make a few rounds around the perimeter of camp before call it a night.
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:58 am

Perception:  25% / 1d100 = 67
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 71d100 = 100
APM: 5
Initiative:  1d20+2 = 9

Skills -
Cooking 59% 1d100 = 92 / (professional)
sense dimension magic in use 49% 1d100 = 37
OOC Comments
cost 1 action per round / can alter destination if successful / roll D20 high roll wins, Winner needs to spend the same ppe to take control of spell

Lore: Magic -
• **General Knowledge: 59% - 1d100 = 11
• **Recognize. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 49% - 1d100 = 2
• **Recognize Enchantment 46% - 1d100 = 66

After a couple hours of aimless wandering, Dhaltuun sighs ”Okay, I think I am wasting our time. Come, Marcella, lets head back.” holding up his arm for her to land on, he hits the radio ”Dhaltuun here. Sensed what I thought was a rift of some kind, but I cant find anything. Me and Marcella girl are heading back.’

As he walks, he strokes Marcella’s feathers gently. ”so, my girl? What shall we do? We need to plan for our future. Of course, we have Jessie with us now. Plans must include her. I need to work on my summons. There must be a way to speed it up, for use in combat….there must be a way for me to become better at magic while honoring Njord.” With that, he lets his mind wander about SN helpers, and magic, and as always, Food. ”So much to do. Learn better magic, improve my cooking, need some more combat skills, and of course learn as much as I can about the SN.’

He will let pleasant thought intrude his thinking as he returns to camp. Once back, he will help with food prep then help with clean up before retiring.
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 61


Consumer wrote:
Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: 1/4 mile East of Ash (North Carolina): March 13, 111 PA 4:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Rufus: There are at least two notable Ley Lines within 50 miles of your location. Though you did not sense a rift opening in the possible 90 mile radius.


Rufus opens his eyes. "There are at least two good ley lines within 50 miles of here, but nothing really close..." he glances at Jason. "I can't pick up the dimensional anomaly Dhal's sensing, either -- and that means it's gotta be further away than the ley lines. If you don't want a look at these I'll go see if Bhab wants a peek." and notes his best guess at the locations of the ley lines in his notebook. He looks up those areas on the nearest maps he can find (and in his computer database as well). Too bad they're not closer. Oh well, surely we'll cross one sooner or later. It'll feel nice to be on one again.

Consumer wrote:The group has gathered back at camp, Michelle and Sarah are putting the final touches on bbq pulled meat sandwiches with potato chips and macaroni salad. The food is pretty good and definitely filling. Jason's request of what others learned in town gets a response from Professor Bharb. "So from what I've learned in town, bandits are apparently agitated at the moment, some sort of power struggle is the best they can come up with. Supposedly the path to Char should be relatively clear, which is nice. I also got a few leads on things to investigate, but I need to mull them over first." Bharb says, before adding. "What about you guys?"


Rufus listens as the others chime in with what they've found and holds up the journals when it's his turn. "I came across a magic shop. General wares, old lady with a slightly weird vibe, and a few journals from area explorers. These two belonged to naturalists -- kinda dry reading but they seem pretty relevant." He gestures to Bhab. "Wanna try a little 'light reading' Prof?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Jason Long » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 15

Jason sits back, smoking a cigar and listening to the other's reports.

Consumer wrote: "So from what I've learned in town, bandits are apparently agitated at the moment, some sort of power struggle is the best they can come up with. Supposedly the path to Char should be relatively clear, which is nice. I also got a few leads on things to investigate, but I need to mull them over first."


hmmm..A possible power struggle between bandit factions. Bandits on each side with us in the middle, if I start hearing Sergio Leone movie music, we are SO out of here. Jason does find it interesting that the professor is holding something back.

Jason explains calmly his concerns to the professor. "Professor, I can respect your desire to want to think things over before discussing them, but it is the Templar's duty to ensure the safety of your expedition. If you learned something that could pose a risk to the expedition we really need to know. I am sure, as a researcher, you can understand how frustrating it would be if a member of your team told you that they found something interesting related to your project, but then told you that they would have to think about it before they explained. "

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Dhaltuun here. Sensed what I thought was a rift of some kind, but I cant find anything. Me and Marcella girl are heading back.’


Jason considers for a moment. "Dhaltuun, could you get an idea for how far away that anomaly was or at least it's general direction." Jason pulls out his copy of the maps and tries to determine if the anomaly is in their path or not. "Could it have been someone making a communication rift? I don't know enough about your abilities. Do they have energy signatures? I mean, if you detected it again, could you tell for certain if it was the same one. Or if it was a man made , could you tell if it was the same person, being, or device that opened it? Either way, when we move tomorrow, if you detect it again, let me know. We will stop long enough for you to nail down a bearing. By comparing the angles, we should be able to get an approximate location. "

Rufus wrote:Rufus opens his eyes. "There are at least two good ley lines within 50 miles of here, but nothing really close..." he glances at Jason. "I can't pick up the dimensional anomaly Dhal's sensing, either -- and that means it's gotta be further away than the ley lines. If you don't want a look at these I'll go see if Bhab wants a peek." and notes his best guess at the locations of the ley lines in his notebook.


" Thanks Rufus. Please see to getting all of the vehicle maps updated with the locations of the ley lines. You are better with this world's computers than I am. If Dhaltuun detects it again, would you work with him to try to nail down a location and possibly what kind? " Jason takes a quick look at the books, skimming them to see if there is anything on the area ahead or other points of interest. "Interesting. Naturalist books are a little outside my area of expertise. I'm not sure I could make sense of them. Although, I would like to look them over, once you and the Professor have examined the information."

Jason turns to Two Claws, smiling. "[b]You are being awfully quiet. Please, feel free to join in the discussion. I'm sure you got the lay of the land in your rounds. Did you notice anything that you found interesting? Or do you have any questions or insight about anything that the rest of us discovered? You may see things from a completely different point of view and notice something that the rest of us have missed."

As no one else volunteered, Jason starts writing up a log of what has occurred. Before they break up for the night, Jason sets the watch schedule and then tracks down Rufus. He will ask about the name and location of the shop where he purchased the books. He will get up with the others for the names and locations of the bars. He makes a maps of the town to include in the journal, highlighting the information the others found. He also records the names of anyone they met, with their jobs and a brief description. He falls back on his experience in writing detailed scouting and police reports to make it accurate and as precise as possible.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:32 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: 1/4 mile East of Ash (North Carolina): March 13, 111 PA 8:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 52°F Low: 33°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Dexter mentions that the town likely could do with some more modern amenities, while Two Claws contemplates the professors words before going on another circuit of the camp. Dhaltuun doesn't add anything of interest to the conversation and helps clean the dishes. Rufus talks about visiting the curios shop, and the journals he purchased. The professor does seem interested in the books, taking one and skimming it. "Hmmm, John Hawthorn. A naturalist who went missing about ten years ago. Mind if I borrow this for the night?"

Jason begins with a conversation towards the Professor, who shakes his head at the end. "I think you misunderstand what I am saying. The locations I have leads on are Indian burial mounds and old battle sites, the reason I'm mulling them over is to decide which one to tackle first. As for the Bandit issue, I have given you all the information I know, because these people don't know much about the news of their southern neighbors. So yes I am going to mull over some of the finer details of the expedition and I'll let you know as soon as I've decided what place I'd like to investigate first." The Professor says relatively calmly, though perceptive individuals would like sense the hint of annoyance of having to explain himself more than once.

Jason's question to Dhaltuun gets a response from one of Professor Bharb's people, his assistant Kevin McNamara. "Oh it wasn't a rift, the town's a Fade town, though a particularly stable one from all accounts. I'm not surprised your Shifter sensed it."

On one of her frequent stops back in camp Jason talks to Two Claws.


So these next posts will cover what happens over the night, and my GM Update will start with the group leaving Ash to make the final leg of journey to Char.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:14 am

Perception:  25% / 1d100 = 74
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 21d100 = 66
APM: 5
Initiative:  1d20+2 = 21

Skills -
Lore: Magic -
• **General Knowledge: 59% - 1d100 = 91
• **Recognize. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 49% - 1d100 = 8
• **Recognize Enchantment 46% - 1d100 = 55

Jason considers for a moment. "Dhaltuun, could you get an idea for how far away that anomaly was or at least it's general direction." Jason pulls out his copy of the maps and tries to determine if the anomaly is in their path or not. "Could it have been someone making a communication rift? I don't know enough about your abilities. Do they have energy signatures? I mean, if you detected it again, could you tell for certain if it was the same one. Or if it was a man made , could you tell if it was the same person, being, or device that opened it? Either way, when we move tomorrow, if you detect it again, let me know. We will stop long enough for you to nail down a bearing. By comparing the angles, we should be able to get an approximate location. "


Dhaltuun’s mind reels as Jason centers him out. ”What the?? First time I have been asked anything about my skills. Taking a breathe to center himself, he looks at Jason. ”Njord, give me strength, my father.” Just as he is about to answer, he is beat to the punch by the Prof’s assistant.

Jason's question to Dhaltuun gets a response from one of Professor Bharb's people, his assistant Kevin McNamara. "Oh it wasn't a rift, the town's a Fade town, though a particularly stable one from all accounts. I'm not surprised your Shifter sensed it."


He sits there listening. ”Fade Town?? I haven't heard of those. Well, I have heard rumors and myths, but no real information. What can you tell me about them?’ As he awaits an answer, Dhaltuun pulls out his notebook and pen. Flipping his notebook open, he holds his pen in hopes of learning something. While inwardly beaming at the off handed compliment.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Rufus » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 53

Jason Long wrote:" Thanks Rufus. Please see to getting all of the vehicle maps updated with the locations of the ley lines. You are better with this world's computers than I am. If Dhaltuun detects it again, would you work with him to try to nail down a location and possibly what kind? " Jason takes a quick look at the books, skimming them to see if there is anything on the area ahead or other points of interest. "Interesting. Naturalist books are a little outside my area of expertise. I'm not sure I could make sense of them. Although, I would like to look them over, once you and the Professor have examined the information."


"Already on it," Rufus nods as he takes the journals. "I'll talk to him after dinner and we'll work up a plan for going forward." He goes straight to his room to start updating the maps before everyone else gets back and the group gets settled in for the evening.

Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 46/77%

Consumer wrote:The professor does seem interested in the books, taking one and skimming it. "Hmmm, John Hawthorn. A naturalist who went missing about ten years ago. Mind if I borrow this for the night?"


Rufus nods. "Sure thing. Did you know this Hawthorn guy? If so, I'm sorry if this is a sore subject."

Consumer wrote:Jason's question to Dhaltuun gets a response from one of Professor Bharb's people, his assistant Kevin McNamara. "Oh it wasn't a rift, the town's a Fade town, though a particularly stable one from all accounts. I'm not surprised your Shifter sensed it."

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:He sits there listening. ”Fade Town?? I haven't heard of those. Well, I have heard rumors and myths, but no real information. What can you tell me about them?’ As he awaits an answer, Dhaltuun pulls out his notebook and pen. Flipping his notebook open, he holds his pen in hopes of learning something. While inwardly beaming at the off handed compliment.


Lore: Magic | General Knowledge -- 1d100 = 22/67%

He looks at Kevin, then to Dhaltuun. "A Fade Town, you say? That explains why you were able to sense it and I wasn't. I just figured it was too far away for me to tell." He grins as he looks back towards Kevin. "I've heard of Fade Towns, but only in stories and lectures. Never actually been to one before. Guess now we have. Good thing it didn't fade on us before happy hour, eh?" He chuckles. "So, gospod McNamara -- I take it this isn't your first visit to a Fade Town. How many have you visited? Are there many more around here? Do you know what happens to anyone still in town when it fades?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 24 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 60

Fade towns? What in a blazen forge is that? Me reckon me don't now that term. Cuz seem to know a little maybe should ask him. Dexter's brain comes alive with his vision of a fade town. Ideas and gadgets begin to formulate in his head. Almost being distracted he focuses back on conversation at hand. ”Sorry me can't be much help on the subject but fade towns aren't really in my wheelhouse. Me would love to learn more about them if you got some time to spare. Disappearing with us in it? That sounds a bit ominous. Glad we won't find out the hard way. Well if no one needs me, me will be retiring to me bed and squeeze in some research before me sleeps.” Dexter gathers his belongings and heads off to bed. Before he retires, he hoos on his computer to do some research about fade towns and any related information. (Computer Operation 60% / 1d100 = 58)
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Two Claws » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 45 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 9

Jason wrote:"You are being awfully quiet. Please, feel free to join in the discussion. I'm sure you got the lay of the land in your rounds. Did you notice anything that you found interesting? Or do you have any questions or insight about anything that the rest of us discovered? You may see things from a completely different point of view and notice somaething that the rest of us have missed."


"I haven't found anything that might be interesting. Just the usual creatures of the land. If I do, I'll make sure that you are the first to know. I'm quiet because I have no value to add and I don't want to distract anybody with any unjustified information.

Professor Bharb wrote:"I think you misunderstand what I am saying. The locations I have leads on are Indian burial mounds and old battle sites, the reason I'm mulling them over is to decide which one to tackle first. As for the Bandit issue, I have given you all the information I know, because these people don't know much about the news of their southern neighbors. So yes I am going to mull over some of the finer details of the expedition and I'll let you know as soon as I've decided what place I'd like to investigate first."[/b]


Burial sites?! They aren't my people but I better make sure they don't desecrate it. I ain't going to allow that to happen. I still feel like he's hiding something.

"Burial sites, you say? We had better tread lightly, then. These are not my people and I am unfamiliar with their customs. There are some similarities but I also know some big differences, too. I'll do my best to help guide you. Be warned, though, I won't let you desecrate it, either."

Two Claws offers to take up watch for the night, after she gets a few hours of rest. She’ll make a couple of rounds around camp. Checking for the usual intruders. She will take a few moments where she can and try to look for some uncommon plants for the professor and his students.

Detect Ambush 52% - 1d100 = 50
Identify Plants & Fruit 22% - 1d100 = 41
Land Navigation 61% - 1d100 = 23
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:56 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Outskirts of Char: March 14, 111 PA 3:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 53°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Skills
Dhaltuun: He has zero clue about anything related to Fade Towns.
Rufus: Maps updated as best they can be.
Fade towns are not particularly common, but the info given is both correct and relatively all there is to know about them.
Dexter: Your computer doesn't have much info on the subject, maybe a future purchase of databases to add that inf to your computer.
Two Claws: You do find several likely ambush spots, but upon investigation you see they are clear of issues. You find no fruits or plants of worth.


Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:He sits there listening. ”Fade Town?? I haven't heard of those. Well, I have heard rumors and myths, but no real information. What can you tell me about them?’ As he awaits an answer, Dhaltuun pulls out his notebook and pen. Flipping his notebook open, he holds his pen in hopes of learning something. While inwardly beaming at the off handed compliment.


Kevin shrugs. "Not much to them, they tend to sit in dimensionally unstable areas. Every so often they vanish from the world only to reappear some time later. Doesn't seem to be rime or reason to it, likely someone else would know more than me as it's not my usual area of expertise."

Rufus wrote:Rufus nods. "Sure thing. Did you know this Hawthorn guy? If so, I'm sorry if this is a sore subject."


Professor Bharb looks to Rufus. "I didn't know him personally, but I have read several of his other works. A lone journal doesn't mean he's dead, though it does put a few questions out there now."

Rufus wrote:He looks at Kevin, then to Dhaltuun. "A Fade Town, you say? That explains why you were able to sense it and I wasn't. I just figured it was too far away for me to tell." He grins as he looks back towards Kevin. "I've heard of Fade Towns, but only in stories and lectures. Never actually been to one before. Guess now we have. Good thing it didn't fade on us before happy hour, eh?" He chuckles. "So, gospod McNamara -- I take it this isn't your first visit to a Fade Town. How many have you visited? Are there many more around here? Do you know what happens to anyone still in town when it fades?"


Kevin shakes his head. "Nope, it was in a chapter of my studies in magical theory at the university. As for what happens, rumor has it that time doesn't pass for the victims, and many don't even know they've faded."

Dexter Portlywright wrote:”Sorry me can't be much help on the subject but fade towns aren't really in my wheelhouse. Me would love to learn more about them if you got some time to spare. Disappearing with us in it? That sounds a bit ominous. Glad we won't find out the hard way. Well if no one needs me, me will be retiring to me bed and squeeze in some research before me sleeps.”


Kevin nods. "If I knew much more I would love to teach all of you about it."

Two Claws wrote:"Burial sites, you say? We had better tread lightly, then. These are not my people and I am unfamiliar with their customs. There are some similarities but I also know some big differences, too. I'll do my best to help guide you. Be warned, though, I won't let you desecrate it, either."


Professor Bharb nods. "Of course, I wouldn't want to anger the tribes the mounds are attributed to either, quick way to end up deceased. No we will do it both respectfully and hopefully with assistance from said tribes."



The next morning after a quick breakfast of oatmeal and dried fruits, the group continues on it's way to Char. The trip is peaceful and the weather seems to warm a little as you move further south. After several hours the group comes across the ruins of what was once the major city of Charlotte North Carolina, now known to the locals as Char.

Professor Bharb radio's the team. "We should look for a building on the outskirts to use as a base of operations. Somewhere to park the Cargonauts and set up camp."

I would like each player to post about what they are looking for in a base camp and any relevant skill checks. After that I will advance the game forward once more to bring certain things in line.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Journey Begins

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 90 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 8

Pulling up just outside of the ruins, Dexter stops his ATV and parks it near the other vehicles. He grabs his binoculars before proceeding to the highest vantage and begins to scan the horizon. Never have been been down in this region before, he takes in the sights for a moment before returning to the task at hand. His next task is scan around for base of operations. Dexter looks for a place with adequate coverage but yet have multiple escape routes. Damn me short legs. If only me was taller, then see farther. Should put that into me notes and build sumtin for either. Now for a base to call home for a bit. Enough coverage yet still escapeable. Should see if any of the others got sumtin in mind.

”Hey, anybody got any suggestions for a place to call camp? Do we want to into the ruins to make it or stick to the out skirts? Dun'no but maybe simone with taller legs should come up here and take a look.” Dexter puts his binoculars down at his side be for pointing to the ruins and waving to come closer.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest