Char: A City of Conundrums.

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:56 am

Char
Estimated Population: 8.450 permanent residents.
Racial Breakdown:
48% Human (Non-Mutant Barbarians)
25% Mutants/Barbarians.
18% D-Bees.
5% Mutant Animals.
4% Other.
Average Transient Population: 1,900, mostly explorers, hunters, wilderness scouts, and native tribal barbarians.
Tech Level: Low to non-existent on average, however some individuals range up to High-Tech/Modern and Magic.
Surrounding Communities (100 mile radius): 2,000, and that number may be an exaggeration. Exact numbers are hard to come by, and many are migratory. 65% human, mutants and barbarians with low-tech, natural weapons.

Notable Places & Features
Information will be added as the players discover these locations.
Roma's A permanent fixture in the city and the go to watering hole.
Lukais Cybernetics
Pieces & Parts Augmentation
Skullbald's Prosthetic
The Greater Heart Clinic
Stamm Medical Center
Wayside Inn
Night's Rest Inn
Bearcat's Stable
Chamberland's Arms and Armor
Viggo's Firearms
The Guild Temple
Scraptown Salvage
Paradigm's Techno-Wizardry
Stump's SteelTree Forge and Wares
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:19 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 1:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Roma's

Situated in what was once a large, two-tier pedestrian square, it has a lower sunken level with a fountain, and an upper level where there used to be benches and other seating places. Despite being a semi-permenant establishment, Roma's is just as much of a slum as the streets surrounding it. The large canvas roof is held up by salvaged railroad ties driven into the brick paved plaza, and anchored with steel cables tied to stakes in the ground. The roof itself is a patchwork of various types of material, not just canvas, including clothes, blankets, sheets, and in some places what looks like tanned skins, Skins of what is an entirely different matter altogether. There is no security to speak of, and in winter large barrels filled with burning trash are stationed outside, away from the flammable roof. Roma's is open 24 hours a day, so there is a small often repaired and jury-rigged solar generator that powers the floodlights that provide illumination during the night, and the few electrical devices at the bar and grill. Most of the food that is prepared is done over an open flame, although there is an optional electric grill as well.

The bar cooking surfaces are situated inside the old public fountain at the center of the plaza, one of the few remaining structures capable of actually producing running water. Granted the water is clouded with dirt and other particulate matter, and is likely polluted, but it is still running water, and can be purified by the staff at the bar at the customer's request. The menu doesn't offer a lot of variety in terms of names, with things such as Meat plate, Plant Stew, and Chance Encounter as the most common items available. Exactly what the meat is can vary daily, but it is always fresh and the plant can mean anything from herbs to tree bark, and no one ever askswhat or who exactly is taking the chance in the Chance Encounter plate. However it is food, and the largest local place to get food that the characters haven't had to kill and prepare for themselves.

Roma's does carry a wide selection of drinks, ranging from purified water to stronger spirits. Roma brews most of it herself, but some of the more common alcoholic drinks found in the Coalition Territories do show up through trade, The house brew is known as "The Eye of the Hurricane" or often just "The Eye", and is a powerful ale brewed from the mash of an alien plant, It is quite strong going down, but pleasant tasting afterwards. Prices for items on the menu can vary but most plates of food are a scant 5 credits per person, and drinks run anywhere from a credit a glass to as much as 20 credits a glass for the rare imports. Hard currency or trade is accepted but Universal Credits aren't worth the card they're stored on.




Salomón

The last two days have been a strange series of events. You had newly arrived to MercTown in search of work and some supplies, even going so far as to join the local Mages Guild. The Guild being the reason why you are currently in the sweaty armpit of a town in the bug and dinosaur infested swamps of the Old American south east. A guild captain saw you coming in and offered you a lucrative deal, go to the Dinosaur swamp and find him a Witches Eye, a supposedly super rare alchemical ingredient that he know's grows in the swamps there, and he will set you up with a payment of fifty-thousand credits and the choice of learning two spells from his personal collection. The offer was two good to pass up, so Salomón was quickly ushered through a portal and deposited in Char, a ruined city with a unscrupulous population. The few locals that Salomón has been able to talk to have pointed the Amaki to Roma's the largest watering hole in town.

At the current moment it seems to be lunch time and approximately fifty people are under the big tent eating and drinking wit ten more employees wandering around, most of the people present are humans, or close enough to human (likely mutants), with a few d-bees, and a few mutant animals. The creature that stands out is the bright green-eyed cyclops woman towering over clientele and employees alike, her blotchy sandpaper like grey skin a stark contrast to the semi-white color of her apron. She has a lard grey-tone spoon in her hand, large enough to be used as a weapon if need be.

What are your Intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Perception Roll (40%, or 55% when recognizing the arcane): Rolling --> 1d100 = 43
JIC rolls: Rolling --> 1d20 = 6 and Rolling --> 1d100 = 43

Note: Salomón is wearing his High Magus armor, minus the helmet, and has his other gear with him - but his weapons are holstered/put away, or slung over his back/shoulder as is appropriate, presuming they are allowed within the town limits.

Salomón looks around at what passes for a drinking establishment here, taking in a view of the area and its inhabitants - having never seen some of their kind before.

Interesting variety of folks in this place. Someone probably has an idea about where to find this "Witches Eye"... but where to begin?

While cracking his knuckles, he casually glances at the various humans, mutant humans, D-bees, and mutant animals, being careful to nod slightly when any return his gaze, but not lingering or making any more than the briefest eye contact. Then, he notices the solar generator...

What a piece of work that thing is. Looking up at the patchwork roof and "supports" (read: cables) holding it in place, he ponders how safe it is. One wonders if that roof is flammable, and if that generator is more risk than it's worth, given its condition.

He cracks his neck, and then stands and approaches the green-eyed cyclops, keeping what he judges to be a safe distance (out of arm/spoon reach) and inquires (in American), "Excuse me, ma'am." When acknowledged, Salomón continues, "I couldn't help but notice your solar generator over there has... seen better days. Mind if I take a look? I happen to know a thing or two about electrical devices..." As he trails off, he smiles while anticipating the Cyclopian amazon's response.

Skill roll: Anthropology (to avoid approaching in the wrong way, or violating a cultural taboo/code of behavior -- 42%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 10
Invoke Trust (65%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 69
Charm/Impress (30%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 72

Contingencies
If the giantess responds positively, Salomón takes out his portable computer and examines the solar generator as follows:
Skill Roll: Computer Operation (to find data on solar generators, preferably the model in use -- 62%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 8
Skill Roll: Literacy (for data on the computer relating to the above -- 62%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 60
Skill Roll: Basic Mechanics (if applicable, -- 52%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 97 and/or Skill Roll: Mechanical Engineer (if applicable, -- 42%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 98
Skill Roll: Electrical Engineer (-- 47%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 52

If the titanic gal is unreceptive and responds negatively to his offer, Salomón replies, "No problem, just trying to be helpful."

No matter which way the hulking grey-skinned "cook" replies to his offer, Salomón activates his Telepathy to pick up her surface thoughts and follows up with, in a voice loud enough for those around to hear, "As you can probably tell already, I'm not from around these parts. I'm trying to find a rare species of plant that is rumored to grow around here, and was wondering if you know about that sort of thing, or if you can point me in the direction of someone who does?" He then awaits her reply while examining the solar generator (if she had a positive response to his offer) or standing there awkwardly (if she declines his assistance).
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
Armor: High Magus armor: 50/50 M.D.C., with spine helmet (45 M.D.C and has 9 spikes, insect-like eyes, and beaded mouthpiece), non-environmental
P.P.E.: 128/168
I.S.P.: 43/47

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:11 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 1:10 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


The Cyclops grunts as Salomón approaches. "What Roma get for you?" The female Cyclops asks before Salomón goes into his spiel. "Seems to be working fine enough, the Guild overhauled it a few months ago. But you know what, sure go ahead and take a look at it... though I warn you, if you break it..." She leaves the silent threat unsaid.

Salomón walks over and takes a look at the Solar Generator. He can tell that it has received may repairs in its lifetime. Not having any schematics to look at, Salomón stares at the device and comes to the following conclusion. He doesn't have the necessary skills to effect any repairs. So rather than break it, he leaves it well enough alone.

Salomón's Telepathy comes up with the following train of thought. Need to get another side of meat cooking for the meat platter. The vegetable stew needs stirring. I should get Marco to check the mash. Her thoughts continue on with much the same vain, involving her job and the multitude of tasks involved in it.

Salomón wrote:"As you can probably tell already, I'm not from around these parts. I'm trying to find a rare species of plant that is rumored to grow around here, and was wondering if you know about that sort of thing, or if you can point me in the direction of someone who does?"


Roma grunts again. "You don't say." No one is from around here. "Really depends on the plant in question." Uggh, another vague request. "So unless you want to skirt around your question, what are you looking for? I am a busy woman."
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Perception Roll (42%, or 57% when recognizing the arcane): Rolling 1d100 = 14-->
JIC rolls: Rolling 1d20 = 4--> and Rolling 1d100 = 61 -->
No change in gear placement.

Consumer wrote:The Cyclops grunts as Salomón approaches. "What Roma get for you?" The female Cyclops asks before Salomón goes into his spiel. "Seems to be working fine enough, the Guild overhauled it a few months ago. But you know what, sure go ahead and take a look at it... though I warn you, if you break it..." She leaves the silent threat unsaid.


So that's Roma... I probably could have guessed, but didn't want to assume too much... thinks Salomón, as he listens to the giantess and nods at her approval, acknowledging the veiled threat with an ever-so-slight smile.

She'll probably make good on that too... He shudders on the inside for a moment, glancing over at the cooking pot and swallowing hard, wondering if some poor soul who crossed Roma's path might be an ingredient in what looks to be a vegetable stew... ... but one never knows...

Consumer wrote:Salomón walks over and takes a look at the Solar Generator. He can tell that it has received may repairs in its lifetime. Not having any schematics to look at, Salomón stares at the device and comes to the following conclusion. He doesn't have the necessary skills to effect any repairs. So rather than break it, he leaves it well enough alone.


Salomón flips through the schematics brought up on his computer, shaking his head and sighing in frustration. Useless, I can't find anything on this model. Remembering the veiled threat of his Cyclopean amazon friend, he decides that, rather than bravely venture into the device and risk her wrath, he had best leave it alone. Discretion is the better part of valor, sometimes... that's what Coran always said. "Looks like the Guild did a competent job, I'm not seeing anything I can add to the generator right now," he says, covering his embarrassing lack of information about the model. "Besides, if it's not broken, why fix it, right?" he says with a grin, and returns over to Roma.

Consumer wrote:Roma grunts again. "You don't say." No one is from around here. "Really depends on the plant in question." Uggh, another vague request. "So unless you want to skirt around your question, what are you looking for? I am a busy woman."


Smiling briefly in amusement at Roma's sarcastic jab, Salomón nods in acknowledgement at the vocalized value of her time. Try the direct approach, Salomón - I'm sure she's got better things to do than chit-chat with a complete stranger...

"Understood, I'll make it brief," he intones, continuing with, "The plant I am seeking is known colloquially as "Witches Eye"... it is rumored to grow in the swamp area here, and I'm willing to make it worth your while if you were to help me in finding it, or pointing me toward someone who can..." he trails off with a slight twinkle in his eye. If anyone knows of rumors or other folks in town, it's usually the regulars at the local watering hole, and an owner/cook is as regular as one can get he thinks to himself, paying special attention to Roma's train of surface thoughts as he mentions the reason he's bothering her in the first place.

Suddenly recognizing that he doesn't have acceptable "funds" with which to pay even if she does have the information he seeks, he quickly follows up with, "Oh, I should probably mention that the funds I have available to me don't seem to be well-received here. Do you barter for goods or services in exchange for food and drink? I understand that you've got a rather tasty brew known as 'The Eye of the Hurricane' and I'd like to give it a try," he says, before following up with, "not to mention, that meat plate sounds mighty tasty right about now..." before mustering his most friendly smile.

Invoke Trust (65%): Rolling 1d100 = 10--> success!
Charm/Impress (30%): Rolling 1d100 = 77--> failure

Presuming Roma responds in the affirmative about his offer to exchange goods and/or services for her food and drink, he makes an opening offer. "Great! I'll tell you what I can do. How much do you pay for, say, a gallon of wine?"

Skill Roll: Appraise Goods (to see if Roma is paying too much, and what the wine is actually worth): rolling 1d100 = 20/52% --> success!
Skill Roll: Barter (to figure out an advantageous starting point for a value to trade my Water to Wine spell services for food/drink/supplies and info leading to Witches Eye): rolling 1d100 = 44/46% --> success!
Skill Roll: Basic Math (to supplement the above two rolls, basic arithmetic calculations): rolling 1d100 = 72/77% --> success!
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
Armor: High Magus armor: 50/50 M.D.C., with spine helmet (45 M.D.C and has 9 spikes, insect-like eyes, and beaded mouthpiece), non-environmental
P.P.E.: 128/168
I.S.P.: 43/47

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:10 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 1:20 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Salomón wrote:"Looks like the Guild did a competent job, I'm not seeing anything I can add to the generator right now," he says, covering his embarrassing lack of information about the model. "Besides, if it's not broken, why fix it, right?" he says with a grin, and returns over to Roma.


Roma shrugs at the commentary about the generator.

Salomón wrote:"Understood, I'll make it brief," he intones, continuing with, "The plant I am seeking is known colloquially as "Witches Eye"... it is rumored to grow in the swamp area here, and I'm willing to make it worth your while if you were to help me in finding it, or pointing me toward someone who can..."


"There are likely several people who could help you for a price. I personally don't know of the plant, though now I wonder if it has any food qualities." Roma says.

Salomón wrote:"Oh, I should probably mention that the funds I have available to me don't seem to be well-received here. Do you barter for goods or services in exchange for food and drink? I understand that you've got a rather tasty brew known as 'The Eye of the Hurricane' and I'd like to give it a try," he says, before following up with, "not to mention, that meat plate sounds mighty tasty right about now..." before mustering his most friendly smile.


"We'll Barter is the most common form of payment here, what do you have in return for the food and drink?" Roma asks, seemingly nonsurprised by the place the conversation is going.

Salomón wrote:"Great! I'll tell you what I can do. How much do you pay for, say, a gallon of wine?"


Roma laughs. "Basically nothing, It gets bartered to me for things I already have. A gallon of whine might get you a meat plate and a shot of whiskey." Roma says, still smiling. "Two gallons of whine would get you and Eye of the Hurricane." She says matter of factly.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Perception Roll (42%, or 57% when recognizing the arcane): Rolling 1d100 = 92-->
JIC rolls: Rolling 1d100 = 16--> and Rolling 1d20 = 14 -->
No change in gear placement.

Consumer wrote:"There are likely several people who could help you for a price. I personally don't know of the plant, though now I wonder if it has any food qualities." Roma says.


The Amaki Stone-Man nods while smiling. Aha! Now, to negotiate her terms...

Consumer wrote:"We'll Barter is the most common form of payment here, what do you have in return for the food and drink?" Roma asks, seemingly nonsurprised by the place the conversation is going.


Barter, hmm? I seem to know a thing or two about this...

Skill Roll: Barter (to try and get even more of a deal from his next offer) 50% --> rolling 1d100 = 73 fail

Consumer wrote:Roma laughs. "Basically nothing, It gets bartered to me for things I already have. A gallon of whine might get you a meat plate and a shot of whiskey." Roma says, still smiling. "Two gallons of whine would get you and Eye of the Hurricane." She says matter of factly.


"I'll give you ten. TEN gallons of wine. In exchange for a good meal, an Eye of the Hurricane..." He leans in with a twinkle in his eye, "...and the location where I can find the Witches Eye plant." Salomón resists the urge to crack his neck and stares at the Cyclops, trying to read her reaction and gauge the right way to approach the giantess for a bargain.

Skill Roll: Anthropology (to avoid offending, and couch the bargain in the right terms for a favorable outcome) 46% --> rolling 1d100 = 11 success!

Contingencies:
If the Cyclopian chef takes him up on the offer, Salomón says, "I will require 10 gallons of purified, clean water and a few minutes of time." He looks expectantly at Roma to guide him to the water. If she shows him where he can get 10 gallons of fresh water, Salomón will walk over to within 10' of the water and cast Water to Wine, changing the 10 gallons of water to wine on the spot.

If Roma doesn't like the offer, we can negotiate some more.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
Armor: High Magus armor: 50/50 M.D.C., with spine helmet (45 M.D.C and has 9 spikes, insect-like eyes, and beaded mouthpiece), non-environmental
P.P.E.: 128/168
I.S.P.: 43/47

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:45 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 1:30 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Salomón wrote:"I'll give you ten. TEN gallons of wine. In exchange for a good meal, an Eye of the Hurricane..." He leans in with a twinkle in his eye, "...and the location where I can find the Witches Eye plant." Salomón resists the urge to crack his neck and stares at the Cyclops, trying to read her reaction and gauge the right way to approach the giantess for a bargain.

If the Cyclopian chef takes him up on the offer, Salomón says, "I will require 10 gallons of purified, clean water and a few minutes of time." He looks expectantly at Roma to guide him to the water. If she shows him where he can get 10 gallons of fresh water, Salomón will walk over to within 10' of the water and cast Water to Wine, changing the 10 gallons of water to wine on the spot.


Roma grins. "Ten gallons... That seems acceptable. Though I can only point you to someone who might know where to find it." When Salomón says he needs ten gallons of fresh water to get her the wine, she raises her bushy eyebrow. Motioning towards one of her employees. "Ten gallons of purified water in jugs, bring them here." The employee, a troll by best guess heads off to another part of the tent to get what was asked. Three minutes later ten jugs of water in various containers has been procured and set before Salomón. "Okay, get to it."

The irony of Salomón using magic to make the wine is not lost on Roma, but she seems not the least bit impressed either. Once the water has been turned to wine, she grabs up one of the jugs and takes a long draw from it. Smacking her thick lips after tasting it. "It's passable, more than sufficient for this lot." She says with a sweeping gesture, indicating the watering hole in general. "Get this man a Meat Plate and an Eye of the Huricane. As for a guide, you'll want Garfield, he's a local hunter. He's here about once a week... so I estimate he'll be here in three days or so." Roma says, one of her human cooks gathering the requested items to give to Salomón. "I'll point him out to you as soon as I see him."
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Perception Roll (46%, or 61% when recognizing the arcane): Rolling -->1d100 = 67
JIC rolls: Rolling --> 1d20 = 12 and Rolling --> 1d100 = 48
No change in gear placement.


Consumer wrote:Roma grins. "Ten gallons... That seems acceptable. Though I can only point you to someone who might know where to find it." When Salomón says he needs ten gallons of fresh water to get her the wine, she raises her bushy eyebrow. Motioning towards one of her employees. "Ten gallons of purified water in jugs, bring them here." The employee, a troll by best guess heads off to another part of the tent to get what was asked. Three minutes later ten jugs of water in various containers has been procured and set before Salomón. "Okay, get to it."


Salomón nods, but frowns on the inside. Not the deal I offered... I said location of the plant, not name of a guide... still, best not press my luck, being a 'stranger in a strange land' as it were...

He does his best to ignore the grossly unfair transaction for the moment, preferring to stay on Roma's good side. If she thinks me easily taken advantage of, maybe I can turn that to my favor he thoughtfully muses.

"A deal, then. Now, to uphold my end of the bargain..." he says, as he weaves his spell over the containers of purified water.

Consumer wrote:The irony of Salomón using magic to make the wine is not lost on Roma, but she seems not the least bit impressed either. Once the water has been turned to wine, she grabs up one of the jugs and takes a long draw from it. Smacking her thick lips after tasting it. "It's passable, more than sufficient for this lot." She says with a sweeping gesture, indicating the watering hole in general. "Get this man a Meat Plate and an Eye of the Huricane. As for a guide, you'll want Garfield, he's a local hunter. He's here about once a week... so I estimate he'll be here in three days or so." Roma says, one of her human cooks gathering the requested items to give to Salomón. "I'll point him out to you as soon as I see him."


Interesting. She doesn't seem the slightest bit impressed. Maybe this is par for the course out here... but I kind of doubt it, given the company present he thinks as he looks around at the motley crowd.

He nods graciously at the mention of the food, drink, and name of the guide who can lead him to his prize.

"Excellent. I'll be sure to be around here when this 'Garfield' person arrives - in about three days' time, you say? I'm also hoping you can point me to where I can earn some usable funds, either by barter or services rendered..." he intones, while gesturing to the freshly created wine and following up with, "... though it's doubtful everyone in this town will be as accommodating with this wine as you have been. I prefer services where possible... and have many mechanical, electrical, computer, weapons repair, vehicular armoring, building and construction, and other useful talents that I’m positive will be in high demand, including literacy and fluency in several languages."

He patiently waits for his food and drink, and gazes around the room again, taking in any sights that have changed since the last time he looked around.

When the food and drink arrives, he scarfs down the meat plate hungrily and washes it down with the Eye of the Hurricane, seeing if it really is as good as the hype.

Contingencies:
If Roma's guidance in regards to how to earn some "trading" currency sounds promising, Salomón will thank her for the food and drink, and leave to pursue that lead.
If Roma doesn't provide advice on how to earn his keep or trade for hard currency, Salomón will finish his meal and drink, thank her for her help, and go to Chamberland's Arms and Armor next.

Whatever the direction, he will keep an eye out for construction opportunities and things in obvious need of repair along the way.
Skill Roll: Basic Mechanics -- Rolling 1d100 = 70/56% Fail
Skill Roll: Masonry -- Rolling 1d100 = 48/46% Fail
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
Armor: High Magus armor: 50/50 M.D.C., with spine helmet (45 M.D.C and has 9 spikes, insect-like eyes, and beaded mouthpiece), non-environmental
P.P.E.: 128/168
I.S.P.: 43/47

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:11 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 2:30 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Salomón wrote:"Excellent. I'll be sure to be around here when this 'Garfield' person arrives - in about three days' time, you say? I'm also hoping you can point me to where I can earn some usable funds, either by barter or services rendered..." he intones, while gesturing to the freshly created wine and following up with, "... though it's doubtful everyone in this town will be as accommodating with this wine as you have been. I prefer services where possible... and have many mechanical, electrical, computer, weapons repair, vehicular armoring, building and construction, and other useful talents that I’m positive will be in high demand, including literacy and fluency in several languages."


Roma cocks her head to the side. Salvage is always one way to go. The Guild is always looking for more parts it seems. In town there isn't a great deal of ways to make funds. I suppose some of the other businesses could be looking for help. City credits aren't entirely worthless here, but most will only take hard script (Cash and Coins; not Card). Services are definitely an option as well. Though if you tread into the realm of the Operator's Guild you may anger them, and that is inadvisable." Roma replies.

A few minutes later, Salomón's food and drink are brought to him. The waitress that brings it to him is humanoid, but likely a mutant of some sort. "She must like you, she rarely talks to anyone that long." The waitress says before making her way to another customer. Salomón finds the food to be palatable if a bit under seasoned. As for what manner of meat it is, he is quite uncertain,it is definitely filling though. The drink on the other hand is more than palatable, Salomón finds it to be a unique combination of flavors that individually likely wouldn't have worked, and it's potency is nothing to scoff at.

Once Salomón is finished, finding no other reason not to makes his way out into Char and eventually Chamberland's Arms and Armor.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:16 am

Chamberland's Arms and Armor

Chamberland's Arms and Armor is a partially restored department store just on the outskirts of the Heart. He has invested quite a bit of money into the building, going so far as to include a solar generator of lights, E-clip recharging, and a modest security system. Aside from Roma's, his store is the most high-tech and advanced structure for hundreds of miles. Inside his guarded double doors are a wide variety of arms, armor, and small repair facilities. There are three assistants on staff, mostly for customer support and handling the orders for repairs.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 2:30 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Salomón is greeted by a green skinned D-bee of unknown origin. "Greetings sir, how can we at Chamberland's Arms and Armor be of assistance?" The D-bee says cheerfully.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Perception Roll (46%, or 61% when recognizing the arcane): Rolling -->1d100 = 94
JIC rolls: Rolling d100 --> 1d100 = 78 and Rolling d20 --> 1d20 = 6
No change in gear placement.

Consumer wrote:Salomón is greeted by a green skinned D-bee of unknown origin. "Greetings sir, how can we at Chamberland's Arms and Armor be of assistance?" The D-bee says cheerfully.


Salomón nods courteously at the D-bee and replies, "Thank you, and a greeting to you as well..." He trails off and then looks around the store, taking in the sights and looking for anything uncommon that catches his eye.
Player OOC note
Salomón is really looking for an Amaki Blast-Sword. He knows the chances are slim-to-none of a podunk town having one, but hey - one never knows what one can find in these places.

You never know what gems lay around these kinds of places. Dad used to find some of his favorite gear in remote shops.

Skill Roll: Weapons Engineer (looking for anything that appears to be a Blast-Sword, or any TW weapons; also, approximating general weapon quality and repairs, if visible) -- 46%: Rolling --> 1d100 = 43 Success!

He then looks at the D-bee: "So, I'm looking for something.. exotic. Something hard to find. Something you may not have even heard of..." he leans in toward the store clerk with his 6'6" frame and says, "You see, I'm from another part of Rifts Earth, and where I come from, swordplay is all the rage." Salomón continues, "Only, in addition to these-" he pauses to tap the hilt of his Dwarven longsword - "we have developed a unique form of sword that doubles as a personal weapon of sorts. It's called an Amaki Blast Sword" he says with a smile, pulling out his pocket computer and punching up the specs.

Skill Roll: Computer Operation -- 66%: Rolling --> 1d100 = 8 Success!

With the image on screen, he turns it so that the clerk can see and awaits a reply.

Please say you have one... please say you have one... please say you have one...

Contingencies

If the clerk, on some off-chance, actually has a Blast-Sword, once Salomón picks up his jaw off the floor ( :lol: ) he will try to see what the store wants for it, and if it's a good deal.
If the clerk does not have an Amaki Blast-Sword, Salomón will sigh and peruse the store, checking prices and seeing if they generally seem like a fairly priced, overpriced, or even underpriced store, given the quality checks he did previously. He will also check the quality of any repairs if he sees them either done or in progress.

Skill Roll: Appraise Goods -- 56% --> Rolling 1d100 = 17 Success!
Skill Roll: Barter -- 50% --> Rolling 1d100 = 38 Success!
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
Armor: High Magus armor: 50/50 M.D.C., with spine helmet (45 M.D.C and has 9 spikes, insect-like eyes, and beaded mouthpiece), non-environmental
P.P.E.: 128/168
I.S.P.: 43/47

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:43 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 2:40 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Salomón wrote:"Thank you, and a greeting to you as well..." He trails off and then looks around the store, taking in the sights and looking for anything uncommon that catches his eye. "So, I'm looking for something.. exotic. Something hard to find. Something you may not have even heard of..." he leans in toward the store clerk with his 6'6" frame and says, "You see, I'm from another part of Rifts Earth, and where I come from, swordplay is all the rage." Salomón continues, "Only, in addition to these-" he pauses to tap the hilt of his Dwarven longsword - "we have developed a unique form of sword that doubles as a personal weapon of sorts. It's called an Amaki Blast Sword" he says with a smile, pulling out his pocket computer and punching up the specs.


The salesperson smiles. "Aren't we all really, though no I can't say I've seen such a weapon in our stores. Though I will check with the boss to see if he's ever seen one." The salesperson says before excuse themselves and walking off into the back of the store.

A few minutes pass before they return. During this time, Salomón wanders the aisles of products. Unlike some of the stores he's been to, the collection here is a little more eclectic and not in display cases. Open crates and cases are arrayed to show the goods. Northern Gun, Coalition, Wilk's, Wellington, and a few Triax weapons are arrayed. The weapons look serviceable to new.

The Salesperson makes a return. "Mr. Chamberlain says he's never heard of the weapon, though he will keep an eye out for one."

Salomón finds that the prices here are above what he knows as the norm, but considering the location, that is unsurprising.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Perception: rolling 1d100 = 59 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC: rolling d20 1d20 = 2
JIC: rolling d100 1d100 = 33
No change in gear placement

Consumer wrote:
Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 2:40 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


The salesperson smiles. "Aren't we all really, though no I can't say I've seen such a weapon in our stores. Though I will check with the boss to see if he's ever seen one." The salesperson says before excuse themselves and walking off into the back of the store.

A few minutes pass before they return. During this time, Salomón wanders the aisles of products. Unlike some of the stores he's been to, the collection here is a little more eclectic and not in display cases. Open crates and cases are arrayed to show the goods. Northern Gun, Coalition, Wilk's, Wellington, and a few Triax weapons are arrayed. The weapons look serviceable to new.


Not a bad selection for such a remote location. Looks like they're fairly well maintained too. This shop should do well, if it can keep the money flowing.

Consumer wrote:The Salesperson makes a return. "Mr. Chamberlain says he's never heard of the weapon, though he will keep an eye out for one."

Salomón finds that the prices here are above what he knows as the norm, but considering the location, that is unsurprising.


"Much appreciated, sir" replies the Amaki Stone-Man. Continuing: "You have a fairly good selection for such a remote location. The pieces I've seen are in good repair as well," he says to the D-bee.

Salomón hesitates a moment, unsure how to proceed.

skill roll --> anthropology 46% (to avoid offending the sales clerk, and ask in an agreeable manner): rolling 1d100 = 71 fail

Sometimes, just coming out and saying it is the best move.

"As you can probably tell, I'm not from around these parts," he says with a smile, hoping the salesperson is receptive to what he is about to ask. "I've discovered - rather embarassingly - that my credits," - here he points to his black card - "... are not considered valid tender by many of the establishments around here. Do you happen to have any suggestions on how a person can earn some useful cash around here? I'm extensively trained in several languages - including literacy - and have an assortment of technical skills to boot, including mechanical and electrical, weapons, computer skills, and even locksmithing and vehicular armoring. Do you or does anyone you know need help in these areas? It would be much appreciated, and I always remember those who are helpful to me and return to do business with them" he says, hoping the sales clerk catches the hint (as any salesperson worth their salt would).

Maybe I should invest in some barter items to use in these backwater villages...

Invoke Trust 65% --> rolling 1d100 = 52 SUCCESS
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
Armor: High Magus armor: 50/50 M.D.C., with spine helmet (45 M.D.C and has 9 spikes, insect-like eyes, and beaded mouthpiece), non-environmental
P.P.E.: 128/168
I.S.P.: 43/47

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:32 pm

The clerk nods at Salomón. "I will be right back, I need to talk to the boss real quick." Says the clerk before heading off into the back again. Several long moments pass before the clerk comes back. "Mr Chamberland says we can help you. He is willing to give you hard currency for you black card. He says it will only cost you ten percent for the service. Is this acceptable?" The clerk says with a mild smile.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:22 pm

**Rolls held**

Consumer wrote:The clerk nods at Salomón. "I will be right back, I need to talk to the boss real quick." Says the clerk before heading off into the back again. Several long moments pass before the clerk comes back. "Mr Chamberland says we can help you. He is willing to give you hard currency for you black card. He says it will only cost you ten percent for the service. Is this acceptable?" The clerk says with a mild smile.


Finally!

Salomón smiles and nods at the clerk. "Thank you very much, kind sir. If you have silver bullets for .45 ACP caliber, I'll take those as well - 40 of them. Just let me know the total, and we can add the extra 300 credits and 10% surcharge on top of it," he says, holding out his Black Card. "So, that should be 330 credits, plus the cost of the bullets, if my math serves me. Does that sound right to you?" he asks the clerk.

Skill roll: Barter (get a good deal on bullets)--> 50% vs 1d100 = 17 Success!
Skill roll: Math, Basic --> 81% vs 1d100 = 100 Critical fail!

OOC Comments
That should prove interesting... I got a good deal on bullets but my basic arithmetic skills seem to have escaped me... would I even know a good deal when I saw one?


Presuming the clerk agrees and the transaction is complete, Salomón will thank him and move on to the Wayside Inn and Night's Rest Inn, sizing each of them up in terms of comfort and security (whatever can be determined with a brief visit to each).

Well, I've got a few days to kill while waiting on this guide... may as well study up and replenish that spent magical energy...

Depending on which facility seems the better of the two, Salomón will decide where to hang his hat for the next few evenings while he waits for Garfield to arrive. Once he secures a room, he will head back to Roma's to let her know where he will be staying in case Garfield arrives early.

Skill roll: Barter (good deal on a room at one of the Inns) --> 50% vs 1d100 = 3 Critical success!
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
Armor: High Magus armor: 50/50 M.D.C., with spine helmet (45 M.D.C and has 9 spikes, insect-like eyes, and beaded mouthpiece), non-environmental
P.P.E.: 128/168
I.S.P.: 43/47

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:25 am

JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 66
Init: 1d20 = 4
Perc: 1d100 = 82

Skills -
Carpentry 84% / 1d100 = 83
General Maintenance 64% / 1d100 = 22
Leather working 69% / 1d100 = 76
Rope works 64% / 1d100 = 59
Salvage 69% / 1d100 = 26
Create Wood (10-20) as needed

Dhaltuun hands out what remains of his keg. ”I am so sorry. I got distracted while spicing. I will pay more attention in the future.” He hangs his head as he speaks. ”By Njord. What happened?? That was so nasty. I need to fix this. I know, i will go get some fresh meat and then cook an amazing meal.” He heads to the kitchen, with thoughts of hunting dinosaurs in his head.

As he passes the lounge, he looks out the window and sees the pack milling around. ”Damn, i forgot. I need to make sure they have their orders.” He changes direction and heads out to the dogs. Approaching the pack, dhaltuun kneels down and holds out his hand. ’hello, my friends. The mighty njord has blessed me with your help. Please take a moment and sniff around, these folk here *motions to the camp* be are our friends. We need to explore around here. Can ye match yerselves up with people and assist with exploring?” With a quick pat on each dog, Dhaltuun gets up and cleans the ritual area. As he does, he notices Dexter taking notes ”Hello Cousin, anything you want to know? I am here.” He will patiently wait a few moments for a response.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 62

Dhaltunn wrote:”Hello Cousin, anything you want to know? I am here.”


”Nah Cruz, nuttin’ specific that me needs to know right now. Just like to know stuff. Also seeing if any of it might be useful in me work.” Dexter replies with a bit of confidence. A slight smile on his face slowly fades behind his beard. His attention apparently being taken by something in his thoughts.If me only had sum more moneys. Maybe after we do sum artifact hunting and manage some loot along the ways, me should be able to get sum on the way back home. Pick up sum spare parts for me work. Dexter stays at camp until the group is ready for the first real assignment for the job. In between meals and anything the group might need some help with, he makes a list of possible parts and materials he could use. At one point when everyone has been gathered, Dexter speaks up and asks a few questions.

”So has anyone come up with our first destination yet? Or when do we leave? Me can say am ready to go whenever. Does anyone need help with anything before we start?” Dexter lights up a cigar just before he starts to talk. He takes a few long draws to allow others to respond.
P.P.E. - 87/87
I.S.P. - 30/30

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 23/23
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:45 am

Perception : 1d100 = 26 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 47

Dexter wrote:”So has anyone come up with our first destination yet? Or when do we leave? Me can say am ready to go whenever. Does anyone need help with anything before we start?”


"No, I do have anything that may help. Nor, do I have any destination in mind. I'm just ready for some more action. All this sitting and thinking makes me anxious. Either let's start looking or go kill something. I'm ready now." Two Claws reluctantly speaks with hints of anger in the corners of her mouth. Yet her face show no sign of any emotions, just a blank look. She remains silent for several minutes afterwards with her arms folded in front.

Can we go already. They should have been thinking about what to do on the way here. Now we got to think some more. Gash. This is so aggravating. I just want to be doing something.

After about twenty minutes or so if no one has any response or need of Two Claws, she will then return to her routinely pass of the perimeter. Always check any signs of danger or an ambush.

Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 5 - 52%
Track & Trap Animals: 1d100 = 61 - 47%/57%
Tracking: People: 1d100 = 29 - 47%
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Rufus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 80

Rufus divides his time on the way into Char standing watch, running perimeter sweeps in his hovercycle, and working on Carny. Poor guy -- or bot, or whatever -- he's been through a lot, I'm surprised he can make basic computations at this point. I want to make sure he's right as rain before I patch him into any of the Behemoth's locomotion or sensory systems... let alone the weapons. He gives a nervous chuckle to himself as he ponders that last bit.

Skill rolls during the trip
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 47/92%
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 40/92%
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 93/92%

Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 54/77%
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 18/77%
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 77/77%

Computer Programming -- 1d100 = 84/57%
Computer Programming -- 1d100 = 8/57%
Computer Programming -- 1d100 = 91/57%

Artificial Intelligence -- 1d100 = 94/48%
Artificial Intelligence -- 1d100 = 35/48%
Artificial Intelligence -- 1d100 = 98/48%


Once they reach the outskirts he hops on his hovercycle and helps scout out a location, then helps secure the ruined building. If the need calls for it, he'll cast flight and strength spells on himself to maneuver heavy objects to barricade the doorways. When he spots Dhaltuun casting his wood creation spells he chuckles. "Now that's a handy spell. Would have loved to have known that one all those times I had to gather firewood as a pup." Once everything is set up he reaches out and tries to sense the location of any ley lines/nexus points/active rifts in the area.

Sensing Rolls
Sense Ley Line: 50 miles (80.47 km). Can follow the feeling to the location of the ley line. -- 1d100 = 35/57%
Sense Ley Line Nexus: Can follow ley line to as many nexus points as it may have. -- 1d100 = 55/67%
Sense a Rift: Anywhere within 90 miles (144.8 km) of him.
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ (152.4 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)


Jason Long wrote:
Consumer wrote:the Professor approaches Jason. "So here we are in Char. I would like to take a day or two to get our bearings here before looking into the first of our locations. Bob and my people will keep the camp covered if you and your people want to take a look around town."


"Thank you, Professor. While we are out and about, is there anything that we can be on the look-out for to help your research? If so, please brief us. "

After the Professor's briefing, Jason will set check in times for the rest of the team. After everyone splits up, Jason will take Bonaparte into town. As at Ash, Jason will stop to speak with the town guardians, greeting them as one soldier to another and chatting with them to get the lay of the land.


He rubs his chin. "I don't know, boss. I've got a bad feeling about this ubožna. It's not like when we were in Ashe -- I think the proper term is 'wretched hive of scum and villany.' If we go exploring I'd recommend we buddy up so that nobody gets caught out there alone."

If Jason goes out, he'll tag along as backup and will keep an eye out while Jason does all the talking. Humans do usually warm up to other humans moreso than other races. If addressed or someone makes eye contact, however, he'll put his best paw forward and act as politely/friendly as he deems appropriate.

Skill checks wandering around town
Charm/Impress: -- 1d100 = 53/40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: -- 1d100 = 32/25%
Intelligence -- 1d100 = 51/61%
Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100 = 10/62% (to spot any particular demographic trends)
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 27/72% (to identify anything mentioned in overheard conversations)
Lore: Psychics & Psionics -- 1d100 = 99/62% (to identify anything mentioned in overheard conversations)
Lore: Magic -- General Knowledge -- 1d100 = 57/67% (to identify anything mentioned in overheard conversations)
Lore: Magic -- Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc. -- 1d100 = 64/57% (to identify anything he might see in graffiti, signage, etc.)
Lore: Magic -- Recognize Enchantment -- 1d100 = 55/50% (to identify anything he might see as they wander around)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Jason Long » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 14

Skills used:
((Computer Operation--99% / 1d100 = 63 ))
((Pilot: Ground Veritechs (all)--106% / 1d100 = 30 ))
((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 94 ))
((Tracking (People)--92% / 1d100 = 89 ))

Jason agrees with Rufus and takes him along to recon the town.

"Rufus, my plan for this morning is to essentially map the town. I don't plan on stopping anywhere until lunch, unless there is something you are particularly interested in. Once we have the town mapped, we can go back and check the highlights. We will have a couple days, so my thought is to find out where everything is first. We can also figure out if there are areas of town that we should only go in force. We may attract some attention this way, so keep an eye out for anyone following us. "
I the plan is agreed on, Jason programs Bonaparte's nav system to record their route and makes a deliberate attempt to map the town. He makes notes of locations of businesses and other locations in the system, including the name and type of business. Jason is particularly interested in any schools, libraries, or guild halls, as those may be sources of information for the Professor.

Jason makes the periodic check ins with the rest of the Templar and logs their locations on the growing map.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 am

Salomón
"Well with a box of forty-eight silver, forty-five caliber rounds our transaction will run you five hundred and thirty credits. Is this acceptable?" The D-bee sales person asks.

Shopping
The rounds come in boxes of 48, 200 credits a box, plus the 300 credits exchanged with the 10% surcharge. 530 credits total.


Once Salomón has come to an agreement, and bids the salesperson a good day, he makes his way back into the "City" of Char.

Inns at first glance
Wayside Inn: Private rooms and reasonably priced. 20 credits/night.
Night's Rest: Only a Common area, really cheap. 5 credits/night.



Everyone else
The camp is as established as it can be, without shipping modern materials into area. Jason takes Bonaparte into town and makes a rudimentary map, it brings the group back to camp where Professor Bharb gathers the group.

"I would like to thank you all for your efforts so far, I think a meal in town is in order. I would like us all to go to Roma's in the city center." The Professor says with a beaming smile.

Assuming no one says no, the group minus Bob, heads into town.

At Roma's

The Templar enter the ramshackle area that is Roma's. It certainly is a sight. Within moments Professor Bharb has food and drinks ordered, and the group seated at a table.

Off in one of the corners of the sitting area Salomón, notices a large and diverse looking group of mercenaries enter.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)


Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest