Char: A City of Conundrums.

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:56 am

Char
Estimated Population: 8.450 permanent residents.
Racial Breakdown:
48% Human (Non-Mutant Barbarians)
25% Mutants/Barbarians.
18% D-Bees.
5% Mutant Animals.
4% Other.
Average Transient Population: 1,900, mostly explorers, hunters, wilderness scouts, and native tribal barbarians.
Tech Level: Low to non-existent on average, however some individuals range up to High-Tech/Modern and Magic.
Surrounding Communities (100 mile radius): 2,000, and that number may be an exaggeration. Exact numbers are hard to come by, and many are migratory. 65% human, mutants and barbarians with low-tech, natural weapons.

Notable Places & Features
Information will be added as the players discover these locations.
Roma's A permanent fixture in the city and the go to watering hole.
Lukais Cybernetics
Pieces & Parts Augmentation
Skullbald's Prosthetic
The Greater Heart Clinic
Stamm Medical Center
Wayside Inn
Night's Rest Inn
Bearcat's Stable
Chamberland's Arms and Armor
Viggo's Firearms
The Guild Temple
Scraptown Salvage
Paradigm's Techno-Wizardry
Stump's SteelTree Forge and Wares
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:19 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 1:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Roma's

Situated in what was once a large, two-tier pedestrian square, it has a lower sunken level with a fountain, and an upper level where there used to be benches and other seating places. Despite being a semi-permenant establishment, Roma's is just as much of a slum as the streets surrounding it. The large canvas roof is held up by salvaged railroad ties driven into the brick paved plaza, and anchored with steel cables tied to stakes in the ground. The roof itself is a patchwork of various types of material, not just canvas, including clothes, blankets, sheets, and in some places what looks like tanned skins, Skins of what is an entirely different matter altogether. There is no security to speak of, and in winter large barrels filled with burning trash are stationed outside, away from the flammable roof. Roma's is open 24 hours a day, so there is a small often repaired and jury-rigged solar generator that powers the floodlights that provide illumination during the night, and the few electrical devices at the bar and grill. Most of the food that is prepared is done over an open flame, although there is an optional electric grill as well.

The bar cooking surfaces are situated inside the old public fountain at the center of the plaza, one of the few remaining structures capable of actually producing running water. Granted the water is clouded with dirt and other particulate matter, and is likely polluted, but it is still running water, and can be purified by the staff at the bar at the customer's request. The menu doesn't offer a lot of variety in terms of names, with things such as Meat plate, Plant Stew, and Chance Encounter as the most common items available. Exactly what the meat is can vary daily, but it is always fresh and the plant can mean anything from herbs to tree bark, and no one ever askswhat or who exactly is taking the chance in the Chance Encounter plate. However it is food, and the largest local place to get food that the characters haven't had to kill and prepare for themselves.

Roma's does carry a wide selection of drinks, ranging from purified water to stronger spirits. Roma brews most of it herself, but some of the more common alcoholic drinks found in the Coalition Territories do show up through trade, The house brew is known as "The Eye of the Hurricane" or often just "The Eye", and is a powerful ale brewed from the mash of an alien plant, It is quite strong going down, but pleasant tasting afterwards. Prices for items on the menu can vary but most plates of food are a scant 5 credits per person, and drinks run anywhere from a credit a glass to as much as 20 credits a glass for the rare imports. Hard currency or trade is accepted but Universal Credits aren't worth the card they're stored on.




Salomón

The last two days have been a strange series of events. You had newly arrived to MercTown in search of work and some supplies, even going so far as to join the local Mages Guild. The Guild being the reason why you are currently in the sweaty armpit of a town in the bug and dinosaur infested swamps of the Old American south east. A guild captain saw you coming in and offered you a lucrative deal, go to the Dinosaur swamp and find him a Witches Eye, a supposedly super rare alchemical ingredient that he know's grows in the swamps there, and he will set you up with a payment of fifty-thousand credits and the choice of learning two spells from his personal collection. The offer was two good to pass up, so Salomón was quickly ushered through a portal and deposited in Char, a ruined city with a unscrupulous population. The few locals that Salomón has been able to talk to have pointed the Amaki to Roma's the largest watering hole in town.

At the current moment it seems to be lunch time and approximately fifty people are under the big tent eating and drinking wit ten more employees wandering around, most of the people present are humans, or close enough to human (likely mutants), with a few d-bees, and a few mutant animals. The creature that stands out is the bright green-eyed cyclops woman towering over clientele and employees alike, her blotchy sandpaper like grey skin a stark contrast to the semi-white color of her apron. She has a lard grey-tone spoon in her hand, large enough to be used as a weapon if need be.

What are your Intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Perception Roll (40%, or 55% when recognizing the arcane): Rolling --> 1d100 = 43
JIC rolls: Rolling --> 1d20 = 6 and Rolling --> 1d100 = 43

Note: Salomón is wearing his High Magus armor, minus the helmet, and has his other gear with him - but his weapons are holstered/put away, or slung over his back/shoulder as is appropriate, presuming they are allowed within the town limits.

Salomón looks around at what passes for a drinking establishment here, taking in a view of the area and its inhabitants - having never seen some of their kind before.

Interesting variety of folks in this place. Someone probably has an idea about where to find this "Witches Eye"... but where to begin?

While cracking his knuckles, he casually glances at the various humans, mutant humans, D-bees, and mutant animals, being careful to nod slightly when any return his gaze, but not lingering or making any more than the briefest eye contact. Then, he notices the solar generator...

What a piece of work that thing is. Looking up at the patchwork roof and "supports" (read: cables) holding it in place, he ponders how safe it is. One wonders if that roof is flammable, and if that generator is more risk than it's worth, given its condition.

He cracks his neck, and then stands and approaches the green-eyed cyclops, keeping what he judges to be a safe distance (out of arm/spoon reach) and inquires (in American), "Excuse me, ma'am." When acknowledged, Salomón continues, "I couldn't help but notice your solar generator over there has... seen better days. Mind if I take a look? I happen to know a thing or two about electrical devices..." As he trails off, he smiles while anticipating the Cyclopian amazon's response.

Skill roll: Anthropology (to avoid approaching in the wrong way, or violating a cultural taboo/code of behavior -- 42%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 10
Invoke Trust (65%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 69
Charm/Impress (30%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 72

Contingencies
If the giantess responds positively, Salomón takes out his portable computer and examines the solar generator as follows:
Skill Roll: Computer Operation (to find data on solar generators, preferably the model in use -- 62%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 8
Skill Roll: Literacy (for data on the computer relating to the above -- 62%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 60
Skill Roll: Basic Mechanics (if applicable, -- 52%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 97 and/or Skill Roll: Mechanical Engineer (if applicable, -- 42%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 98
Skill Roll: Electrical Engineer (-- 47%): Rolling --> 1d100 = 52

If the titanic gal is unreceptive and responds negatively to his offer, Salomón replies, "No problem, just trying to be helpful."

No matter which way the hulking grey-skinned "cook" replies to his offer, Salomón activates his Telepathy to pick up her surface thoughts and follows up with, in a voice loud enough for those around to hear, "As you can probably tell already, I'm not from around these parts. I'm trying to find a rare species of plant that is rumored to grow around here, and was wondering if you know about that sort of thing, or if you can point me in the direction of someone who does?" He then awaits her reply while examining the solar generator (if she had a positive response to his offer) or standing there awkwardly (if she declines his assistance).
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:11 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 1:10 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


The Cyclops grunts as Salomón approaches. "What Roma get for you?" The female Cyclops asks before Salomón goes into his spiel. "Seems to be working fine enough, the Guild overhauled it a few months ago. But you know what, sure go ahead and take a look at it... though I warn you, if you break it..." She leaves the silent threat unsaid.

Salomón walks over and takes a look at the Solar Generator. He can tell that it has received may repairs in its lifetime. Not having any schematics to look at, Salomón stares at the device and comes to the following conclusion. He doesn't have the necessary skills to effect any repairs. So rather than break it, he leaves it well enough alone.

Salomón's Telepathy comes up with the following train of thought. Need to get another side of meat cooking for the meat platter. The vegetable stew needs stirring. I should get Marco to check the mash. Her thoughts continue on with much the same vain, involving her job and the multitude of tasks involved in it.

Salomón wrote:"As you can probably tell already, I'm not from around these parts. I'm trying to find a rare species of plant that is rumored to grow around here, and was wondering if you know about that sort of thing, or if you can point me in the direction of someone who does?"


Roma grunts again. "You don't say." No one is from around here. "Really depends on the plant in question." Uggh, another vague request. "So unless you want to skirt around your question, what are you looking for? I am a busy woman."
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Perception Roll (42%, or 57% when recognizing the arcane): Rolling 1d100 = 14-->
JIC rolls: Rolling 1d20 = 4--> and Rolling 1d100 = 61 -->
No change in gear placement.

Consumer wrote:The Cyclops grunts as Salomón approaches. "What Roma get for you?" The female Cyclops asks before Salomón goes into his spiel. "Seems to be working fine enough, the Guild overhauled it a few months ago. But you know what, sure go ahead and take a look at it... though I warn you, if you break it..." She leaves the silent threat unsaid.


So that's Roma... I probably could have guessed, but didn't want to assume too much... thinks Salomón, as he listens to the giantess and nods at her approval, acknowledging the veiled threat with an ever-so-slight smile.

She'll probably make good on that too... He shudders on the inside for a moment, glancing over at the cooking pot and swallowing hard, wondering if some poor soul who crossed Roma's path might be an ingredient in what looks to be a vegetable stew... ... but one never knows...

Consumer wrote:Salomón walks over and takes a look at the Solar Generator. He can tell that it has received may repairs in its lifetime. Not having any schematics to look at, Salomón stares at the device and comes to the following conclusion. He doesn't have the necessary skills to effect any repairs. So rather than break it, he leaves it well enough alone.


Salomón flips through the schematics brought up on his computer, shaking his head and sighing in frustration. Useless, I can't find anything on this model. Remembering the veiled threat of his Cyclopean amazon friend, he decides that, rather than bravely venture into the device and risk her wrath, he had best leave it alone. Discretion is the better part of valor, sometimes... that's what Coran always said. "Looks like the Guild did a competent job, I'm not seeing anything I can add to the generator right now," he says, covering his embarrassing lack of information about the model. "Besides, if it's not broken, why fix it, right?" he says with a grin, and returns over to Roma.

Consumer wrote:Roma grunts again. "You don't say." No one is from around here. "Really depends on the plant in question." Uggh, another vague request. "So unless you want to skirt around your question, what are you looking for? I am a busy woman."


Smiling briefly in amusement at Roma's sarcastic jab, Salomón nods in acknowledgement at the vocalized value of her time. Try the direct approach, Salomón - I'm sure she's got better things to do than chit-chat with a complete stranger...

"Understood, I'll make it brief," he intones, continuing with, "The plant I am seeking is known colloquially as "Witches Eye"... it is rumored to grow in the swamp area here, and I'm willing to make it worth your while if you were to help me in finding it, or pointing me toward someone who can..." he trails off with a slight twinkle in his eye. If anyone knows of rumors or other folks in town, it's usually the regulars at the local watering hole, and an owner/cook is as regular as one can get he thinks to himself, paying special attention to Roma's train of surface thoughts as he mentions the reason he's bothering her in the first place.

Suddenly recognizing that he doesn't have acceptable "funds" with which to pay even if she does have the information he seeks, he quickly follows up with, "Oh, I should probably mention that the funds I have available to me don't seem to be well-received here. Do you barter for goods or services in exchange for food and drink? I understand that you've got a rather tasty brew known as 'The Eye of the Hurricane' and I'd like to give it a try," he says, before following up with, "not to mention, that meat plate sounds mighty tasty right about now..." before mustering his most friendly smile.

Invoke Trust (65%): Rolling 1d100 = 10--> success!
Charm/Impress (30%): Rolling 1d100 = 77--> failure

Presuming Roma responds in the affirmative about his offer to exchange goods and/or services for her food and drink, he makes an opening offer. "Great! I'll tell you what I can do. How much do you pay for, say, a gallon of wine?"

Skill Roll: Appraise Goods (to see if Roma is paying too much, and what the wine is actually worth): rolling 1d100 = 20/52% --> success!
Skill Roll: Barter (to figure out an advantageous starting point for a value to trade my Water to Wine spell services for food/drink/supplies and info leading to Witches Eye): rolling 1d100 = 44/46% --> success!
Skill Roll: Basic Math (to supplement the above two rolls, basic arithmetic calculations): rolling 1d100 = 72/77% --> success!
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:10 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 1:20 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Salomón wrote:"Looks like the Guild did a competent job, I'm not seeing anything I can add to the generator right now," he says, covering his embarrassing lack of information about the model. "Besides, if it's not broken, why fix it, right?" he says with a grin, and returns over to Roma.


Roma shrugs at the commentary about the generator.

Salomón wrote:"Understood, I'll make it brief," he intones, continuing with, "The plant I am seeking is known colloquially as "Witches Eye"... it is rumored to grow in the swamp area here, and I'm willing to make it worth your while if you were to help me in finding it, or pointing me toward someone who can..."


"There are likely several people who could help you for a price. I personally don't know of the plant, though now I wonder if it has any food qualities." Roma says.

Salomón wrote:"Oh, I should probably mention that the funds I have available to me don't seem to be well-received here. Do you barter for goods or services in exchange for food and drink? I understand that you've got a rather tasty brew known as 'The Eye of the Hurricane' and I'd like to give it a try," he says, before following up with, "not to mention, that meat plate sounds mighty tasty right about now..." before mustering his most friendly smile.


"We'll Barter is the most common form of payment here, what do you have in return for the food and drink?" Roma asks, seemingly nonsurprised by the place the conversation is going.

Salomón wrote:"Great! I'll tell you what I can do. How much do you pay for, say, a gallon of wine?"


Roma laughs. "Basically nothing, It gets bartered to me for things I already have. A gallon of whine might get you a meat plate and a shot of whiskey." Roma says, still smiling. "Two gallons of whine would get you and Eye of the Hurricane." She says matter of factly.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Perception Roll (42%, or 57% when recognizing the arcane): Rolling 1d100 = 92-->
JIC rolls: Rolling 1d100 = 16--> and Rolling 1d20 = 14 -->
No change in gear placement.

Consumer wrote:"There are likely several people who could help you for a price. I personally don't know of the plant, though now I wonder if it has any food qualities." Roma says.


The Amaki Stone-Man nods while smiling. Aha! Now, to negotiate her terms...

Consumer wrote:"We'll Barter is the most common form of payment here, what do you have in return for the food and drink?" Roma asks, seemingly nonsurprised by the place the conversation is going.


Barter, hmm? I seem to know a thing or two about this...

Skill Roll: Barter (to try and get even more of a deal from his next offer) 50% --> rolling 1d100 = 73 fail

Consumer wrote:Roma laughs. "Basically nothing, It gets bartered to me for things I already have. A gallon of whine might get you a meat plate and a shot of whiskey." Roma says, still smiling. "Two gallons of whine would get you and Eye of the Hurricane." She says matter of factly.


"I'll give you ten. TEN gallons of wine. In exchange for a good meal, an Eye of the Hurricane..." He leans in with a twinkle in his eye, "...and the location where I can find the Witches Eye plant." Salomón resists the urge to crack his neck and stares at the Cyclops, trying to read her reaction and gauge the right way to approach the giantess for a bargain.

Skill Roll: Anthropology (to avoid offending, and couch the bargain in the right terms for a favorable outcome) 46% --> rolling 1d100 = 11 success!

Contingencies:
If the Cyclopian chef takes him up on the offer, Salomón says, "I will require 10 gallons of purified, clean water and a few minutes of time." He looks expectantly at Roma to guide him to the water. If she shows him where he can get 10 gallons of fresh water, Salomón will walk over to within 10' of the water and cast Water to Wine, changing the 10 gallons of water to wine on the spot.

If Roma doesn't like the offer, we can negotiate some more.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:45 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 1:30 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Salomón wrote:"I'll give you ten. TEN gallons of wine. In exchange for a good meal, an Eye of the Hurricane..." He leans in with a twinkle in his eye, "...and the location where I can find the Witches Eye plant." Salomón resists the urge to crack his neck and stares at the Cyclops, trying to read her reaction and gauge the right way to approach the giantess for a bargain.

If the Cyclopian chef takes him up on the offer, Salomón says, "I will require 10 gallons of purified, clean water and a few minutes of time." He looks expectantly at Roma to guide him to the water. If she shows him where he can get 10 gallons of fresh water, Salomón will walk over to within 10' of the water and cast Water to Wine, changing the 10 gallons of water to wine on the spot.


Roma grins. "Ten gallons... That seems acceptable. Though I can only point you to someone who might know where to find it." When Salomón says he needs ten gallons of fresh water to get her the wine, she raises her bushy eyebrow. Motioning towards one of her employees. "Ten gallons of purified water in jugs, bring them here." The employee, a troll by best guess heads off to another part of the tent to get what was asked. Three minutes later ten jugs of water in various containers has been procured and set before Salomón. "Okay, get to it."

The irony of Salomón using magic to make the wine is not lost on Roma, but she seems not the least bit impressed either. Once the water has been turned to wine, she grabs up one of the jugs and takes a long draw from it. Smacking her thick lips after tasting it. "It's passable, more than sufficient for this lot." She says with a sweeping gesture, indicating the watering hole in general. "Get this man a Meat Plate and an Eye of the Huricane. As for a guide, you'll want Garfield, he's a local hunter. He's here about once a week... so I estimate he'll be here in three days or so." Roma says, one of her human cooks gathering the requested items to give to Salomón. "I'll point him out to you as soon as I see him."
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Perception Roll (46%, or 61% when recognizing the arcane): Rolling -->1d100 = 67
JIC rolls: Rolling --> 1d20 = 12 and Rolling --> 1d100 = 48
No change in gear placement.


Consumer wrote:Roma grins. "Ten gallons... That seems acceptable. Though I can only point you to someone who might know where to find it." When Salomón says he needs ten gallons of fresh water to get her the wine, she raises her bushy eyebrow. Motioning towards one of her employees. "Ten gallons of purified water in jugs, bring them here." The employee, a troll by best guess heads off to another part of the tent to get what was asked. Three minutes later ten jugs of water in various containers has been procured and set before Salomón. "Okay, get to it."


Salomón nods, but frowns on the inside. Not the deal I offered... I said location of the plant, not name of a guide... still, best not press my luck, being a 'stranger in a strange land' as it were...

He does his best to ignore the grossly unfair transaction for the moment, preferring to stay on Roma's good side. If she thinks me easily taken advantage of, maybe I can turn that to my favor he thoughtfully muses.

"A deal, then. Now, to uphold my end of the bargain..." he says, as he weaves his spell over the containers of purified water.

Consumer wrote:The irony of Salomón using magic to make the wine is not lost on Roma, but she seems not the least bit impressed either. Once the water has been turned to wine, she grabs up one of the jugs and takes a long draw from it. Smacking her thick lips after tasting it. "It's passable, more than sufficient for this lot." She says with a sweeping gesture, indicating the watering hole in general. "Get this man a Meat Plate and an Eye of the Huricane. As for a guide, you'll want Garfield, he's a local hunter. He's here about once a week... so I estimate he'll be here in three days or so." Roma says, one of her human cooks gathering the requested items to give to Salomón. "I'll point him out to you as soon as I see him."


Interesting. She doesn't seem the slightest bit impressed. Maybe this is par for the course out here... but I kind of doubt it, given the company present he thinks as he looks around at the motley crowd.

He nods graciously at the mention of the food, drink, and name of the guide who can lead him to his prize.

"Excellent. I'll be sure to be around here when this 'Garfield' person arrives - in about three days' time, you say? I'm also hoping you can point me to where I can earn some usable funds, either by barter or services rendered..." he intones, while gesturing to the freshly created wine and following up with, "... though it's doubtful everyone in this town will be as accommodating with this wine as you have been. I prefer services where possible... and have many mechanical, electrical, computer, weapons repair, vehicular armoring, building and construction, and other useful talents that I’m positive will be in high demand, including literacy and fluency in several languages."

He patiently waits for his food and drink, and gazes around the room again, taking in any sights that have changed since the last time he looked around.

When the food and drink arrives, he scarfs down the meat plate hungrily and washes it down with the Eye of the Hurricane, seeing if it really is as good as the hype.

Contingencies:
If Roma's guidance in regards to how to earn some "trading" currency sounds promising, Salomón will thank her for the food and drink, and leave to pursue that lead.
If Roma doesn't provide advice on how to earn his keep or trade for hard currency, Salomón will finish his meal and drink, thank her for her help, and go to Chamberland's Arms and Armor next.

Whatever the direction, he will keep an eye out for construction opportunities and things in obvious need of repair along the way.
Skill Roll: Basic Mechanics -- Rolling 1d100 = 70/56% Fail
Skill Roll: Masonry -- Rolling 1d100 = 48/46% Fail
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:11 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 2:30 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Salomón wrote:"Excellent. I'll be sure to be around here when this 'Garfield' person arrives - in about three days' time, you say? I'm also hoping you can point me to where I can earn some usable funds, either by barter or services rendered..." he intones, while gesturing to the freshly created wine and following up with, "... though it's doubtful everyone in this town will be as accommodating with this wine as you have been. I prefer services where possible... and have many mechanical, electrical, computer, weapons repair, vehicular armoring, building and construction, and other useful talents that I’m positive will be in high demand, including literacy and fluency in several languages."


Roma cocks her head to the side. Salvage is always one way to go. The Guild is always looking for more parts it seems. In town there isn't a great deal of ways to make funds. I suppose some of the other businesses could be looking for help. City credits aren't entirely worthless here, but most will only take hard script (Cash and Coins; not Card). Services are definitely an option as well. Though if you tread into the realm of the Operator's Guild you may anger them, and that is inadvisable." Roma replies.

A few minutes later, Salomón's food and drink are brought to him. The waitress that brings it to him is humanoid, but likely a mutant of some sort. "She must like you, she rarely talks to anyone that long." The waitress says before making her way to another customer. Salomón finds the food to be palatable if a bit under seasoned. As for what manner of meat it is, he is quite uncertain,it is definitely filling though. The drink on the other hand is more than palatable, Salomón finds it to be a unique combination of flavors that individually likely wouldn't have worked, and it's potency is nothing to scoff at.

Once Salomón is finished, finding no other reason not to makes his way out into Char and eventually Chamberland's Arms and Armor.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:16 am

Chamberland's Arms and Armor

Chamberland's Arms and Armor is a partially restored department store just on the outskirts of the Heart. He has invested quite a bit of money into the building, going so far as to include a solar generator of lights, E-clip recharging, and a modest security system. Aside from Roma's, his store is the most high-tech and advanced structure for hundreds of miles. Inside his guarded double doors are a wide variety of arms, armor, and small repair facilities. There are three assistants on staff, mostly for customer support and handling the orders for repairs.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 2:30 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Salomón is greeted by a green skinned D-bee of unknown origin. "Greetings sir, how can we at Chamberland's Arms and Armor be of assistance?" The D-bee says cheerfully.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Perception Roll (46%, or 61% when recognizing the arcane): Rolling -->1d100 = 94
JIC rolls: Rolling d100 --> 1d100 = 78 and Rolling d20 --> 1d20 = 6
No change in gear placement.

Consumer wrote:Salomón is greeted by a green skinned D-bee of unknown origin. "Greetings sir, how can we at Chamberland's Arms and Armor be of assistance?" The D-bee says cheerfully.


Salomón nods courteously at the D-bee and replies, "Thank you, and a greeting to you as well..." He trails off and then looks around the store, taking in the sights and looking for anything uncommon that catches his eye.
Player OOC note
Salomón is really looking for an Amaki Blast-Sword. He knows the chances are slim-to-none of a podunk town having one, but hey - one never knows what one can find in these places.

You never know what gems lay around these kinds of places. Dad used to find some of his favorite gear in remote shops.

Skill Roll: Weapons Engineer (looking for anything that appears to be a Blast-Sword, or any TW weapons; also, approximating general weapon quality and repairs, if visible) -- 46%: Rolling --> 1d100 = 43 Success!

He then looks at the D-bee: "So, I'm looking for something.. exotic. Something hard to find. Something you may not have even heard of..." he leans in toward the store clerk with his 6'6" frame and says, "You see, I'm from another part of Rifts Earth, and where I come from, swordplay is all the rage." Salomón continues, "Only, in addition to these-" he pauses to tap the hilt of his Dwarven longsword - "we have developed a unique form of sword that doubles as a personal weapon of sorts. It's called an Amaki Blast Sword" he says with a smile, pulling out his pocket computer and punching up the specs.

Skill Roll: Computer Operation -- 66%: Rolling --> 1d100 = 8 Success!

With the image on screen, he turns it so that the clerk can see and awaits a reply.

Please say you have one... please say you have one... please say you have one...

Contingencies

If the clerk, on some off-chance, actually has a Blast-Sword, once Salomón picks up his jaw off the floor ( :lol: ) he will try to see what the store wants for it, and if it's a good deal.
If the clerk does not have an Amaki Blast-Sword, Salomón will sigh and peruse the store, checking prices and seeing if they generally seem like a fairly priced, overpriced, or even underpriced store, given the quality checks he did previously. He will also check the quality of any repairs if he sees them either done or in progress.

Skill Roll: Appraise Goods -- 56% --> Rolling 1d100 = 17 Success!
Skill Roll: Barter -- 50% --> Rolling 1d100 = 38 Success!
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:43 am

Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 2:40 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


Salomón wrote:"Thank you, and a greeting to you as well..." He trails off and then looks around the store, taking in the sights and looking for anything uncommon that catches his eye. "So, I'm looking for something.. exotic. Something hard to find. Something you may not have even heard of..." he leans in toward the store clerk with his 6'6" frame and says, "You see, I'm from another part of Rifts Earth, and where I come from, swordplay is all the rage." Salomón continues, "Only, in addition to these-" he pauses to tap the hilt of his Dwarven longsword - "we have developed a unique form of sword that doubles as a personal weapon of sorts. It's called an Amaki Blast Sword" he says with a smile, pulling out his pocket computer and punching up the specs.


The salesperson smiles. "Aren't we all really, though no I can't say I've seen such a weapon in our stores. Though I will check with the boss to see if he's ever seen one." The salesperson says before excuse themselves and walking off into the back of the store.

A few minutes pass before they return. During this time, Salomón wanders the aisles of products. Unlike some of the stores he's been to, the collection here is a little more eclectic and not in display cases. Open crates and cases are arrayed to show the goods. Northern Gun, Coalition, Wilk's, Wellington, and a few Triax weapons are arrayed. The weapons look serviceable to new.

The Salesperson makes a return. "Mr. Chamberlain says he's never heard of the weapon, though he will keep an eye out for one."

Salomón finds that the prices here are above what he knows as the norm, but considering the location, that is unsurprising.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Perception: rolling 1d100 = 59 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC: rolling d20 1d20 = 2
JIC: rolling d100 1d100 = 33
No change in gear placement

Consumer wrote:
Date & Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 11, 111 PA 2:40 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 62°F Low: 43°F
Light Wind: A gentle breeze, having little or no game effect.


The salesperson smiles. "Aren't we all really, though no I can't say I've seen such a weapon in our stores. Though I will check with the boss to see if he's ever seen one." The salesperson says before excuse themselves and walking off into the back of the store.

A few minutes pass before they return. During this time, Salomón wanders the aisles of products. Unlike some of the stores he's been to, the collection here is a little more eclectic and not in display cases. Open crates and cases are arrayed to show the goods. Northern Gun, Coalition, Wilk's, Wellington, and a few Triax weapons are arrayed. The weapons look serviceable to new.


Not a bad selection for such a remote location. Looks like they're fairly well maintained too. This shop should do well, if it can keep the money flowing.

Consumer wrote:The Salesperson makes a return. "Mr. Chamberlain says he's never heard of the weapon, though he will keep an eye out for one."

Salomón finds that the prices here are above what he knows as the norm, but considering the location, that is unsurprising.


"Much appreciated, sir" replies the Amaki Stone-Man. Continuing: "You have a fairly good selection for such a remote location. The pieces I've seen are in good repair as well," he says to the D-bee.

Salomón hesitates a moment, unsure how to proceed.

skill roll --> anthropology 46% (to avoid offending the sales clerk, and ask in an agreeable manner): rolling 1d100 = 71 fail

Sometimes, just coming out and saying it is the best move.

"As you can probably tell, I'm not from around these parts," he says with a smile, hoping the salesperson is receptive to what he is about to ask. "I've discovered - rather embarassingly - that my credits," - here he points to his black card - "... are not considered valid tender by many of the establishments around here. Do you happen to have any suggestions on how a person can earn some useful cash around here? I'm extensively trained in several languages - including literacy - and have an assortment of technical skills to boot, including mechanical and electrical, weapons, computer skills, and even locksmithing and vehicular armoring. Do you or does anyone you know need help in these areas? It would be much appreciated, and I always remember those who are helpful to me and return to do business with them" he says, hoping the sales clerk catches the hint (as any salesperson worth their salt would).

Maybe I should invest in some barter items to use in these backwater villages...

Invoke Trust 65% --> rolling 1d100 = 52 SUCCESS
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:32 pm

The clerk nods at Salomón. "I will be right back, I need to talk to the boss real quick." Says the clerk before heading off into the back again. Several long moments pass before the clerk comes back. "Mr Chamberland says we can help you. He is willing to give you hard currency for you black card. He says it will only cost you ten percent for the service. Is this acceptable?" The clerk says with a mild smile.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 20
JIC (100): 1d100 = 20
No change in gear.

Consumer wrote:The clerk nods at Salomón. "I will be right back, I need to talk to the boss real quick." Says the clerk before heading off into the back again. Several long moments pass before the clerk comes back. "Mr Chamberland says we can help you. He is willing to give you hard currency for you black card. He says it will only cost you ten percent for the service. Is this acceptable?" The clerk says with a mild smile.


Finally!

Salomón smiles and nods at the clerk. "Thank you very much, kind sir. If you have silver bullets for .45 ACP caliber, I'll take those as well - 40 of them. Just let me know the total, and we can add the extra 300 credits and 10% surcharge on top of it," he says, holding out his Black Card. "So, that should be 330 credits, plus the cost of the bullets, if my math serves me. Does that sound right to you?" he asks the clerk.

Skill roll: Barter (get a good deal on bullets)--> 50% vs 1d100 = 17 Success!
Skill roll: Math, Basic --> 81% vs 1d100 = 100 Critical fail!

OOC Comments
That should prove interesting... I got a good deal on bullets but my basic arithmetic skills seem to have escaped me... would I even know a good deal when I saw one?


Presuming the clerk agrees and the transaction is complete, Salomón will thank him and move on to the Wayside Inn and Night's Rest Inn, sizing each of them up in terms of comfort and security (whatever can be determined with a brief visit to each).

Well, I've got a few days to kill while waiting on this guide... may as well study up and replenish that spent magical energy...

Depending on which facility seems the better of the two, Salomón will decide where to hang his hat for the next few evenings while he waits for Garfield to arrive. Once he secures a room, he will head back to Roma's to let her know where he will be staying in case Garfield arrives early.

Skill roll: Barter (good deal on a room at one of the Inns) --> 50% vs 1d100 = 3 Critical success!
Last edited by Salomón on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:25 am

JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 66
Init: 1d20 = 4
Perc: 1d100 = 82

Skills -
Carpentry 84% / 1d100 = 83
General Maintenance 64% / 1d100 = 22
Leather working 69% / 1d100 = 76
Rope works 64% / 1d100 = 59
Salvage 69% / 1d100 = 26
Create Wood (10-20) as needed

Dhaltuun hands out what remains of his keg. ”I am so sorry. I got distracted while spicing. I will pay more attention in the future.” He hangs his head as he speaks. ”By Njord. What happened?? That was so nasty. I need to fix this. I know, i will go get some fresh meat and then cook an amazing meal.” He heads to the kitchen, with thoughts of hunting dinosaurs in his head.

As he passes the lounge, he looks out the window and sees the pack milling around. ”Damn, i forgot. I need to make sure they have their orders.” He changes direction and heads out to the dogs. Approaching the pack, dhaltuun kneels down and holds out his hand. ’hello, my friends. The mighty njord has blessed me with your help. Please take a moment and sniff around, these folk here *motions to the camp* be are our friends. We need to explore around here. Can ye match yerselves up with people and assist with exploring?” With a quick pat on each dog, Dhaltuun gets up and cleans the ritual area. As he does, he notices Dexter taking notes ”Hello Cousin, anything you want to know? I am here.” He will patiently wait a few moments for a response.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 62

Dhaltunn wrote:”Hello Cousin, anything you want to know? I am here.”


”Nah Cruz, nuttin’ specific that me needs to know right now. Just like to know stuff. Also seeing if any of it might be useful in me work.” Dexter replies with a bit of confidence. A slight smile on his face slowly fades behind his beard. His attention apparently being taken by something in his thoughts.If me only had sum more moneys. Maybe after we do sum artifact hunting and manage some loot along the ways, me should be able to get sum on the way back home. Pick up sum spare parts for me work. Dexter stays at camp until the group is ready for the first real assignment for the job. In between meals and anything the group might need some help with, he makes a list of possible parts and materials he could use. At one point when everyone has been gathered, Dexter speaks up and asks a few questions.

”So has anyone come up with our first destination yet? Or when do we leave? Me can say am ready to go whenever. Does anyone need help with anything before we start?” Dexter lights up a cigar just before he starts to talk. He takes a few long draws to allow others to respond.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:45 am

Perception : 1d100 = 26 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 47

Dexter wrote:”So has anyone come up with our first destination yet? Or when do we leave? Me can say am ready to go whenever. Does anyone need help with anything before we start?”


"No, I do have anything that may help. Nor, do I have any destination in mind. I'm just ready for some more action. All this sitting and thinking makes me anxious. Either let's start looking or go kill something. I'm ready now." Two Claws reluctantly speaks with hints of anger in the corners of her mouth. Yet her face show no sign of any emotions, just a blank look. She remains silent for several minutes afterwards with her arms folded in front.

Can we go already. They should have been thinking about what to do on the way here. Now we got to think some more. Gash. This is so aggravating. I just want to be doing something.

After about twenty minutes or so if no one has any response or need of Two Claws, she will then return to her routinely pass of the perimeter. Always check any signs of danger or an ambush.

Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 5 - 52%
Track & Trap Animals: 1d100 = 61 - 47%/57%
Tracking: People: 1d100 = 29 - 47%
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Rufus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 80

Rufus divides his time on the way into Char standing watch, running perimeter sweeps in his hovercycle, and working on Carny. Poor guy -- or bot, or whatever -- he's been through a lot, I'm surprised he can make basic computations at this point. I want to make sure he's right as rain before I patch him into any of the Behemoth's locomotion or sensory systems... let alone the weapons. He gives a nervous chuckle to himself as he ponders that last bit.

Skill rolls during the trip
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 47/92%
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 40/92%
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 93/92%

Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 54/77%
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 18/77%
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 77/77%

Computer Programming -- 1d100 = 84/57%
Computer Programming -- 1d100 = 8/57%
Computer Programming -- 1d100 = 91/57%

Artificial Intelligence -- 1d100 = 94/48%
Artificial Intelligence -- 1d100 = 35/48%
Artificial Intelligence -- 1d100 = 98/48%


Once they reach the outskirts he hops on his hovercycle and helps scout out a location, then helps secure the ruined building. If the need calls for it, he'll cast flight and strength spells on himself to maneuver heavy objects to barricade the doorways. When he spots Dhaltuun casting his wood creation spells he chuckles. "Now that's a handy spell. Would have loved to have known that one all those times I had to gather firewood as a pup." Once everything is set up he reaches out and tries to sense the location of any ley lines/nexus points/active rifts in the area.

Sensing Rolls
Sense Ley Line: 50 miles (80.47 km). Can follow the feeling to the location of the ley line. -- 1d100 = 35/57%
Sense Ley Line Nexus: Can follow ley line to as many nexus points as it may have. -- 1d100 = 55/67%
Sense a Rift: Anywhere within 90 miles (144.8 km) of him.
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ (152.4 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)


Jason Long wrote:
Consumer wrote:the Professor approaches Jason. "So here we are in Char. I would like to take a day or two to get our bearings here before looking into the first of our locations. Bob and my people will keep the camp covered if you and your people want to take a look around town."


"Thank you, Professor. While we are out and about, is there anything that we can be on the look-out for to help your research? If so, please brief us. "

After the Professor's briefing, Jason will set check in times for the rest of the team. After everyone splits up, Jason will take Bonaparte into town. As at Ash, Jason will stop to speak with the town guardians, greeting them as one soldier to another and chatting with them to get the lay of the land.


He rubs his chin. "I don't know, boss. I've got a bad feeling about this ubožna. It's not like when we were in Ashe -- I think the proper term is 'wretched hive of scum and villany.' If we go exploring I'd recommend we buddy up so that nobody gets caught out there alone."

If Jason goes out, he'll tag along as backup and will keep an eye out while Jason does all the talking. Humans do usually warm up to other humans moreso than other races. If addressed or someone makes eye contact, however, he'll put his best paw forward and act as politely/friendly as he deems appropriate.

Skill checks wandering around town
Charm/Impress: -- 1d100 = 53/40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: -- 1d100 = 32/25%
Intelligence -- 1d100 = 51/61%
Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100 = 10/62% (to spot any particular demographic trends)
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 27/72% (to identify anything mentioned in overheard conversations)
Lore: Psychics & Psionics -- 1d100 = 99/62% (to identify anything mentioned in overheard conversations)
Lore: Magic -- General Knowledge -- 1d100 = 57/67% (to identify anything mentioned in overheard conversations)
Lore: Magic -- Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc. -- 1d100 = 64/57% (to identify anything he might see in graffiti, signage, etc.)
Lore: Magic -- Recognize Enchantment -- 1d100 = 55/50% (to identify anything he might see as they wander around)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Jason Long » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 14

Skills used:
((Computer Operation--99% / 1d100 = 63 ))
((Pilot: Ground Veritechs (all)--106% / 1d100 = 30 ))
((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 94 ))
((Tracking (People)--92% / 1d100 = 89 ))

Jason agrees with Rufus and takes him along to recon the town.

"Rufus, my plan for this morning is to essentially map the town. I don't plan on stopping anywhere until lunch, unless there is something you are particularly interested in. Once we have the town mapped, we can go back and check the highlights. We will have a couple days, so my thought is to find out where everything is first. We can also figure out if there are areas of town that we should only go in force. We may attract some attention this way, so keep an eye out for anyone following us. "
I the plan is agreed on, Jason programs Bonaparte's nav system to record their route and makes a deliberate attempt to map the town. He makes notes of locations of businesses and other locations in the system, including the name and type of business. Jason is particularly interested in any schools, libraries, or guild halls, as those may be sources of information for the Professor.

Jason makes the periodic check ins with the rest of the Templar and logs their locations on the growing map.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 am

Salomón
"Well with a box of forty-eight silver, forty-five caliber rounds our transaction will run you five hundred and thirty credits. Is this acceptable?" The D-bee sales person asks.

Shopping
The rounds come in boxes of 48, 200 credits a box, plus the 300 credits exchanged with the 10% surcharge. 530 credits total.


Once Salomón has come to an agreement, and bids the salesperson a good day, he makes his way back into the "City" of Char.

Inns at first glance
Wayside Inn: Private rooms and reasonably priced. 20 credits/night.
Night's Rest: Only a Common area, really cheap. 5 credits/night.



Everyone else
The camp is as established as it can be, without shipping modern materials into area. Jason takes Bonaparte into town and makes a rudimentary map, it brings the group back to camp where Professor Bharb gathers the group.

"I would like to thank you all for your efforts so far, I think a meal in town is in order. I would like us all to go to Roma's in the city center." The Professor says with a beaming smile.

Assuming no one says no, the group minus Bob, heads into town.

At Roma's

The Templar enter the ramshackle area that is Roma's. It certainly is a sight. Within moments Professor Bharb has food and drinks ordered, and the group seated at a table.

Off in one of the corners of the sitting area Salomón, notices a large and diverse looking group of mercenaries enter.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 42 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 37

Consumer wrote:The Templar enter the ramshackle area that is Roma's. It certainly is a sight. Within moments Professor Bharb has food and drinks ordered, and the group seated at a table.


Dexter finds himself a seat at the table as he notices the professor as he orders food and drinks. He takes his top hat off and places it on the table in front of him. Doing his best to straighten up his hair and look halfway presentable. Dexter paws at his beard before looking around to see if drinks have arrived yet. If drinks have arrived then he will take several long gulps to celebrate their arrival into Char. If not then he will do nothing. Both actions are followed by Dexter breaking the perceived silence. ”So Professor, where we goin’ to first? Any bit o’ knowledge as to what we'll be lookn’ fer? And by the way, tis’ this meal be on you, tonight?” Charm/Impress: 30% / 1d100 = 20, Wardrobe & Grooming 58% / 1d100 = 43

Dexter tries to put some sarcasm into his tone of voice. Trying to keep the mood in more if an upbeat tone. Pushing a smile out from being the spark of a flame before fading behind a stream of smoke. Followed by a red glow from the cherry of his cigar. He leans back into his seat and makes himself comfortable.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/46% (61% when recognizing arcane)
JIC 20: 1d20 = 17
JIC 100: 1d100 = 97

Consumer wrote:Salomón
"Well with a box of forty-eight silver, forty-five caliber rounds our transaction will run you five hundred and thirty credits. Is this acceptable?" The D-bee sales person asks.

Shopping
The rounds come in boxes of 48, 200 credits a box, plus the 300 credits exchanged with the 10% surcharge. 530 credits total.



Salomón agrees with the D-bee and is on his way.

Consumer wrote:
Inns at first glance
Wayside Inn: Private rooms and reasonably priced. 20 credits/night.
Night's Rest: Only a Common area, really cheap. 5 credits/night.



Salomón pays the 20 credits to rent a room at the Wayside Inn.

This will be sufficient for my evening meditation later.

He then makes his way to Roma's to let her know where he can be found and get some food and drink with his shiny new currency.

Consumer wrote:Off in one of the corners of the sitting area Salomón, notices a large and diverse looking group of mercenaries enter.


Salomón looks the group over. Interesting demographics on that one... two dwarves? One wonders if they're related...

He approaches Roma and orders another Eye.

"Greetings, friend. Another of those delicious concoctions you brewed up for me last time, and another meat plate, if you please," he says warmly, glancing at the group of mercenaries and nodding if any of them catch his eye.

"I'll be at the Wayside while I'm in town. I'd appreciate if you let me know when your friend arrives."

Salomón casually glances over at the mercenary group that caught his eye once more, whereupon when he notices that Rufus has on ley-line walker style robes, he approaches. "Greetings, fellow arcanist. What brings you to these parts?" he asks inquisitively to the Kankoran mage in American.

Interesting looking creature. Reminds me of some of the mutant animals back home. Hopefully, he or she speaks American...?
Last edited by Salomón on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 47 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 11

Jason takes a seat at the table, selecting a seat, that as much as possible, has his back to a wall and view of the doorways.

Dexter Portlywright wrote: ”So Professor, where we goin’ to first? Any bit o’ knowledge as to what we'll be lookn’ fer? And by the way, tis’ this meal be on you, tonight?”


Jason smiles at Dexter's comment, sipping his own beer as he waits for the Professor's response. Jason watches as the stranger walks up to the table to address Rufus.

Salomón wrote: "Greetings, fellow arcanist. What brings you to these parts?" he asks inquisitively to the Kankoran mage in American.


Arcanist? Jason takes a long hard look at the newcomer, trying to determine how much of a threat he could be. Jason is careful to keep a pleasant look on his face, but he remembers the words of one of his Military Police trainers, "Be polite, be respectful, and have a plan to kill every person you meet." Hardly PC, but it keeps you alive
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Rufus » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 53

Jason Long wrote:"Rufus, my plan for this morning is to essentially map the town. I don't plan on stopping anywhere until lunch, unless there is something you are particularly interested in. Once we have the town mapped, we can go back and check the highlights. We will have a couple days, so my thought is to find out where everything is first. We can also figure out if there are areas of town that we should only go in force. We may attract some attention this way, so keep an eye out for anyone following us. "


Rufus nods as he hops onto what looks to be a good sitting spot on the tank. "I'm hip, boss. Let's ride." The wondrous transforming tank. Too bad the techs that designed it didn't include a back seat or something -- maybe they didn't think the pilots needed co-pilots, he shrugs to himself as Jason heads out into town.

Consumer wrote:The camp is as established as it can be, without shipping modern materials into area. Jason takes Bonaparte into town and makes a rudimentary map, it brings the group back to camp where Professor Bharb gathers the group.

"I would like to thank you all for your efforts so far, I think a meal in town is in order. I would like us all to go to Roma's in the city center." The Professor says with a beaming smile.

At Roma's

The Templar enter the ramshackle area that is Roma's. It certainly is a sight. Within moments Professor Bharb has food and drinks ordered, and the group seated at a table.


When the group enters Roma's, Rufus raises an eyebrow as he surveys the place. This is no restaurant, he thinks to himself, this is a slapped-together circus tent that's seen three circuses too many. But he has to admit, given what he's seen of the rest of the city it... well, it fits. As Char goes, it's probably as close to a high-rent district as it's going to get. When in Rome -- or in this case, Roma's... he shrugs as he takes a few good sniffs of the air.

Sampling the Smells of the Place
1d100 = 8/52% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
1d100 = 48/67% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 74/42% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away


Dexter Portlywright wrote:”So Professor, where we goin’ to first? Any bit o’ knowledge as to what we'll be lookn’ fer? And by the way, tis’ this meal be on you, tonight?”


"Judging by the looks of the kitchen, Dex, I'm hoping our first destination isn't the latrine..." Rufus chuckles as he takes a swig from his drink... and as he does, he notices out of the corner of his eye what appears to be a marble statue walking towards the table.

Salomón wrote:"Greetings, fellow arcanist. What brings you to these parts?" he asks inquisitively to the Kankoran mage in American.


Rufus blinks. This isn't a robot. Animated statue, maybe? Or some sort of golem? Interesting... He bows his head slightly.

"Pozdravljam vas, stranger..." He says with a smile. "My companions and I have been drawn to Char by the promises of discovery, adventure, and a hefty payday -- though not necessarily in that order..." he chuckles. "Probably the same case with many others here tonight, I would think. And you?"

While he waits for a reply, he looks over the stone-skinned stranger trying to ascertain whether or not he's truly a 'fellow arcanist' as well as trying to identify either what kind of D-bee he may be or what kind of magic may be animating him.

Assessments of Salomón & Stuff
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 50/40% (for obvious reasons)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 31/25% (for obvious reasons)
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ (152.4 m) away. (to see if he has any magic currently in use on him/animating him)
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m) (to see if there is any magic radiating from him)
Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100 = 93/62% (to see if he's ever heard of the Amaki race)
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 28/72% (to see if he's ever heard of any monsters/demons matching his description)
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100 = 93/62% (to see if he's ever heard of any creatures of magic matching his description)
Lore: Magic | General Knowledge -- 1d100 = 88/67% (to see if he's knowledgeable of what types of magic could animate a marble statue)
Lore: Magic | Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc -- 1d100 = 94/57% (to see if he spots any runes/circles/incantations chiseled on his skin that would act as activation)
Lore: Magic | Recognize Enchantment -- 1d100 = 32/50% (to see if he's animated through some sort of enchantment)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:46 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 56
Init: 1d20 = 15
Perc: 1d100 = 23
Conditions: N/A

Skills -
Lore: Demon 69% / 1d100 = 8 - to id stranger
Lore: Faerie 54% / 1d100 = 46 - to id stranger
Lore: Magic **General Knowledge: 59% / 1d100 = 34- to id stranger
Lore: Dimension Lore 59% ((places visited 3+ times are +15%)) / 1d100 = 73
Carpentry 84% / 1d100 = 90 - to notice detail of work
General Maintenance 64% / 1d100 = 69 - notice detail of work
Rope works 64% / 1d100 = 54 - notice detail of work
Salvage 69% / 1d100 = 41 - notice detail of work

As the group heads off, Dhaltuun calls for Marcella. ”Okay, my girl. I am gonna go with the team to check out the town, can you stay here and act as relay for me? You know, keep an eye on the place.’ He looks over at Bob as he speaks. ”I think he likes you. You should help him keep watch, he is a good guy.” Walking over to Bob. ”Hi bob. I was wondering if it would be cool if i let marcella *nods at bird* with you. She is my familiar, and is better than a radio if you need us.”

If Yes - He will let bob hold the bird on his arm as they get to know each other. With a wave and a chuckle, Dhaltuun heads to his buggy. ”Have fun you two.Jessie!! Lets ride.” Still chuckling, he follows the others into Char.

AT ROMA’S -
Dhaltuun enters the place and as he finds his seat, looks around with the eye of an expert in woodworking. ”This is not bad. A little rustic, even for me….but cozy and warm. All in all, i like.” There is an approving smile on his face as he looks around some more from his chair. As the others order, Dhaltuun lets his mind work. Once the waitress arrives he orders.
”Hmm...What to order? I am thinking some venison in a black mushroom sauce, with a nice dark ale to wash it done. Oh!! And some potatoes and buns. With garlic butter. Yeah that should do it.”

When the stranger approaches, he looks at Jessie with a look of “get ready!”. Hearing his introduction, Dhaltuun snickers. ”I, too, am magi. My powers are blessed to me by Njord, the ocean father. My name is Dhaltunn.” Taking a good look at the newcomer, Dhaltuun’s mind races as he tries to figure what he/it is. While trying to be stealthy, he casts Sense Magic (4) / Tongues (12) / Sense evil (2) at the same time, tries to remember anything from his teachings that may explain this being.
1d20 = 16
1d100 = 38
1d20 = 11
1d100 = 28
1d100 = 37
1d100 = 83
1d100 = 74
1d100 = 17
1d100 = 83
1d100 = 24
1d100 = 81
1d100 = 54
1d100 = 94
1d100 = 60
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:39 pm

Roma nods at Salomón. I'll make sure to tell him, and let you know as soon as I notice him.




When the waiter starts bringing platters of food, Dhaltuun's request invokes a hearty laugh. "Venison and black mushroom sauce, Here are the four meat plates, three vegetable platters, and on mystery special." Invoking a cringe from the man. "And a round of hurricanes for the table." The waiter says as the last of the platters on the table.

A round of conversations happen between Salomón and the magic using members of the Templar.

Dex asks the professor the question of the day.

"Well I have actually. There is an ancient battlefield about fifty miles from here that I would like to investigate. The only threats I can think of are likely Fauna, such as dinosaurs. We'll spend a few days there and come back to Char to regroup and analyze some data."


Skills
Rufus
To track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away- There's blood in the air, from behind the counter.
To recognize common/known smells- Mostly a variety of animal blood, maybe a smattering of human, but it's lost in the mix.
To recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away- Grandma?
Sense Magic in Use- None save the spells Dhaltuun begns casting in full view of everyone.
See Magic Energy- None active
Lore: D-Bee -No Idea what species he is.
Lore: Demons & Monsters -Not any Demon you've ever read about.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic - Uncle Barry?
Lore: Magic | General Knowledge - Globe of Daylight?
Lore: Magic | Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc - Is that a rune for power, or just a wrinkle?
Lore: Magic | Recognize Enchantment - If he is, it's amazing.

Dhaltuun
Lore: Demon- Not a demon that you've ever heard of.
Lore: Faerie- Not a Faerie that you've ever heard of.
Lore: Magic **General Knowledge- Some manner of spell caster, likely a Magus of some variety.
Lore: Dimension Lore- You have no clue, maybe Karl Prosek's Bedroom.
Carpentry- Looks Shoddy, but serviceable.
General Maintenance- Looks Shoddy, but serviceable.
Rope works- Looks Shoddy, but serviceable.
Salvage- Looks Shoddy, but serviceable.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:13 am

Perception : 1d100 = 99 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 32

"Well I have actually. There is an ancient battlefield about fifty miles from here that I would like to investigate. The only threats I can think of are likely Fauna, such as dinosaurs. We'll spend a few days there and come back to Char to regroup and analyze some data."


Fauna? What is that some fancy word for animals? I'm just glad that we're starting to get somewhere and do something. I got all this energy and nothing to do with it. Besides, with all these magi type people, they're going to need someone with a strong arm and a stout back.

Two Claws watches as the stranger approaches. Her senses trying pick up anything out of the ordinary, either from him or anyone else in the building. She gives everyone several moments to have any further discussions about the subject at hand. Slowly standing from her chair, Two Claws gives a slight nod before excusing herself from the table.

"Pardon my interruption but if I am need any further here, I will take my leave and return to camp to make preparations for the next part of our journey. I'll leave the academic stuff to higher educated ones. See you all back at camp."


With the last of her words, Two Claws takes her leave and returns to camp. She decides to take the long way back to take in a few more sites of the city. Trying hard to shake the frustration off. Frustration of all the things not in harmony with nature or its surroundings. Two Claws does her best to avoid the main roads or at least the ones that crowded or busy.

Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 95 - 52% never be to carefull
Tailing 1d100 = 74 - 52% to make sure no one is following her
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 5
JIC (100): 1d100 = 31

**no change in gear other than the addition of the ammo purchased**

Consumer wrote:Roma nods at Salomón. I'll make sure to tell him, and let you know as soon as I notice him.


"Much appreciated, friend" says the Amaki before making his way to the table with the group.

Consumer wrote:Dex asks the professor the question of the day.

"Well I have actually. There is an ancient battlefield about fifty miles from here that I would like to investigate. The only threats I can think of are likely Fauna, such as dinosaurs. We'll spend a few days there and come back to Char to regroup and analyze some data."


Salomón's ears perk at mention of "fauna" - but in a most unusual context. What does he mean, "Fauna, such as dinosaurs"? Fauna is a word for plants! Unless... hmm, maybe there's one I haven't heard of?

He asks the professor: "Excuse me for interrupting - what sort of things are you investigating?" he asks, obviously interested.

Rufus wrote:Rufus blinks. This isn't a robot. Animated statue, maybe? Or some sort of golem? Interesting... He bows his head slightly.

"Pozdravljam vas, stranger..." He says with a smile. "My companions and I have been drawn to Char by the promises of discovery, adventure, and a hefty payday -- though not necessarily in that order..." he chuckles. "Probably the same case with many others here tonight, I would think. And you?"

While he waits for a reply, he looks over the stone-skinned stranger trying to ascertain whether or not he's truly a 'fellow arcanist' as well as trying to identify either what kind of D-bee he may be or what kind of magic may be animating him.


What a curious language! Perhaps it is customary for - (him, her, it?) to greet others in a foreign tongue? I shall return the favor!" thinks the Stone-Man.

"Hajimemashite!" he says to Rufus with a smile and a slight Japanese-style bow. "I am also here for the promise of greater opportunity. And this..." - he looks around at Roma's - "is the local watering hole, so presumably opportunities abound!" he says with a grin. He leans in a bit, conscious that he very well may be towering over the Kankoran and intimidating. To these folk, I probably look like a talking sculpture.

"Heard of any good ones?" he asks Rufus with a twinkle in his eye.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:When the stranger approaches, he looks at Jessie with a look of “get ready!”. Hearing his introduction, Dhaltuun snickers. ”I, too, am magi. My powers are blessed to me by Njord, the ocean father. My name is Dhaltunn.” Taking a good look at the newcomer, Dhaltuun’s mind races as he tries to figure what he/it is. While trying to be stealthy, he casts Sense Magic (4) / Tongues (12) / Sense evil (2) at the same time, tries to remember anything from his teachings that may explain this being.


The High Magus turns his attention to the Shifter and raises an eyebrow at his words. "Magi? You don't look like any I've seen at the Academies. Granted, we High Magi are few and far between, but we try to make it a point to meet all the other brothers..." he trails off before his eyes widen. "Or... perhaps you mean "magi" in the colloquial sense instead of the literal sense?" he says, momentarily thinking out loud. Quickly, he follows up with, "Forgive me - I am not minding my manners."

He then addresses the group: "I am Salomón, High Magus of Dweomer City. I am here on a Sojourn - to find my way in the world."

He then waits expectantly for the others to reply.
Last edited by Salomón on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 53

Salomon wrote:"I am Salomón, High Magus of Dweomer City. I am here on a Sojourn - to find my way in the world."


”How old, be you boy? Finding your way?! I thought all you high lords be certain on what your doing? Finally decided to get off your high horse and see what all us com'on folk be like? Yet, you may be usefully for me work.” Dexter takes another pull of his cigar and judges the newcomers reaction. His face covered with a bit of disdain. He makes a couple of sideways glances in Jason's way, to make sure he isn't overstepping his bounds. As he waits, Dexter fixes himself up a plate of food and begins to eat. After several bits at a time, he washes it down with drinks. When Two Claws excuses herself from the table he nods in acknowledgment and gives her a half smile. I wonder why the little lass doesn't like people much. She is always going off alone. Does she need any friends? Me know me a bit ruff around the edges but am still kind to friends. Once they get to know me.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 19
JIC (100): 1d100 = 27
No change in gear.

Dexter Portlywright wrote:”How old, be you boy? Finding your way?! I thought all you high lords be certain on what your doing? Finally decided to get off your high horse and see what all us com'on folk be like? Yet, you may be usefully for me work.” Dexter takes another pull of his cigar and judges the newcomers reaction. His face covered with a bit of disdain. He makes a couple of sideways glances in Jason's way, to make sure he isn't overstepping his bounds. As he waits, Dexter fixes himself up a plate of food and begins to eat. After several bits at a time, he washes it down with drinks.


Ahh, the other dwarf speaks up... thinks the High Magus to himself, though he is uncertain how to take the words spoken. High horse? Common folk? Perhaps this is customary for their culture?
Skill Roll: Anthropology (to ascertain if he offended anyone, or if dwarves are just gruff and "rough around the edges" in general) 1d100 = 27 / 46%

Upon determining that dwarves can just be a bit gruff and "rough around the edges", he smiles and replies to Dexter: "High Lord? High Horse? I believe you misunderstand. We do not think we are better than anyone else. The word 'high' only refers to the difficulty of the magic we specialize in. I, like all High Magi, specialize in rituals and magic that requires immense focus, concentration, and effort. As to your other question: I've been on this floating mudball for only 36 short years, sir. And yourself?"
Last edited by Salomón on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:32 am

->Rolls Carried Over <-

Salomon wrote:"High Lord? High Horse? I believe you misunderstand. We do not think we are better than anyone else. The word 'high' only refers to the difficulty of the magic we specialize in. I, like all High Magi, specialize in rituals and magic that requires immense focus, concentration, and effort. As to your other question: I've been on this floating mudball for only 36 short years, sir. And yourself?"


”Sorry lad meant no offense. Me was thinking you be a bit younger, your skin throws me off. Sum times me mouth works faster than me brain. As for me, am about 50. That kind'a makes us bout the same. Rituals and such?! That sounds a little dull. I don't think me ever incorporated them into me work.” Dexter responds to Salomon with some apologetic tones fading away to tones of curiosity. He pulls out his pocket computer and takes a few notes about incorporating rituals into TW devices. Once he is finished, he puts it back onto his pocket and continues the conversation.

”So, do you specialize in any one particular area? Like offensive, defensive, summoning or sum other field? If you haven't figured out yet, me be a Techno-wizard. When we get back to the templar HQ, me can make you sum thing if you need. The name is Dexter Portlywright, by the way. Nice to meet ya’.” Dexter offers a nod of acknowledgment before returning back to meal and drink.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:59 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 49
Init: 1d20 = 4
Perc: 1d100 = 82
Conditions: Sense evil (90 ft area / Dur: 23/24 rds) Sense Magic (120 ft area / Dur: 23/24 rds) Tongues (self / dur: 47/48 rds)

Skills -
Cooking 59% (professional) / 1d100 = 98

Dhaltuun gives the man a small shrug and a smile ”My apologies. I am a chef at heart. Thank you for the food.” He adds a small bow of his head when finished speaking. Once the man leaves, dhaltuun reaches into his bag and pulls out his Spice Array and adds a sprinkle of montreal steak spice to his meat plate and a little pepper to the veggies. With a ”Oh Yeah!”, he mixes some garlic into the butter. Once done, he looks up at the others ”Anyone else?”

Dhaltuun watches Two claws get up and leave. ”I wonder what is wrong? Should i go after her?” He looks at Jason with a concerned look followed by dhaltuun’s gaze following Two claws. His wondering is cut short by dexter and the new guy’s banter.

Dhaltuun chucklesat the remark about looking like a mage. ”No, my golemisque friend, i am a shifter. My power comes my lord. I am but a conduit for Njord’s might. “ He is about to speak further when the newcomer decides to introduce himself. As the new guy speaks, Dhaltuun motions to jessie the hand signal for “All good. Standdown.” He listens to the others as he tries to do the gesture on the sly.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65 / 46% (bonuses listed on character sheet and sig)
JIC: d20 1d20 = 14
JIC: d100 1d100 = 99
no changes in gear

Dexter Portlywright wrote:”Sorry lad meant no offense. Me was thinking you be a bit younger, your skin throws me off. Sum times me mouth works faster than me brain. As for me, am about 50. That kind'a makes us bout the same. Rituals and such?! That sounds a little dull. I don't think me ever incorporated them into me work.” Dexter responds to Salomon with some apologetic tones fading away to tones of curiosity.

He pulls out his pocket computer and takes a few notes about incorporating rituals into TW devices. Once he is finished, he puts it back onto his pocket and continues the conversation.

”So, do you specialize in any one particular area? Like offensive, defensive, summoning or sum other field? If you haven't figured out yet, me be a Techno-wizard. When we get back to the templar HQ, me can make you sum thing if you need. The name is Dexter Portlywright, by the way. Nice to meet ya’.” Dexter offers a nod of acknowledgment before returning back to meal and drink.


"No offense taken, master dwarf," replies the Amaki with a smile. "I am an Amaki Stone-Man - we live about 300 years, so I am on the younger side for my race. As to rituals - what is it that you think you do when you create a techno-wizard item? We have many techno-wizards in New Babylon, where I'm originally from. They are respected and valued and I learned a bit of magic item work myself as part of my training - though it's much more 'wizard' than 'techno' in my case."

Salomón watches Dexter work on his computer. This is one to watch- I wonder when we can collaborate on some projects together?

He responds to the Techno-Wizard/s questions: "My specialty is spells and rituals that are more... complex and taxing than some of the simpler spells. Those spells have their uses, of course, and there are several indispensable ones among them. But in terms of magical focus, I lean toward the higher level spells. Within that specialty, everything is studied - offense, defense, summoning, you name it. We High Magi are also trained builders and creators, and eventually learn how to create some magic items - some of them well-known in the Magic Zone.

A pleasure meeting you likewise, master dwarf"
he says and turns his attention to Dhaltuun.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun chucklesat the remark about looking like a mage. ”No, my golemisque friend, i am a shifter. My power comes my lord. I am but a conduit for Njord’s might. “ He is about to speak further when the newcomer decides to introduce himself. As the new guy speaks, Dhaltuun motions to jessie the hand signal for “All good. Standdown.” He listens to the others as he tries to do the gesture on the sly.

Shifter, hmm? As Dhaltuun looks and motions at Jessie, Salomón thinks That must be one of his minions - or perhaps a hired hand? Either way, she seems tied to him. Wait a minute...

Skill Roll: Lore: Creature of Magic/Faerie (info on Jessie) 1d100 = 47 / 56 success
Skill Roll: Lore: Demon/Monster (info on Jessie) 1d100 = 69 / 61%fail
Skill Roll: Anthropology (don't offend)1d100 = 76 / 46% fail
Skill Roll: Mythology (info on Jessie and Njord)1d100 = 1 CRITICAL SUCCESS

A Valkyrie! The High Magus' eyes widen as he realizes what Jessie is.

"It would seem that you're on your Njord's good side." he says to Dhaltuun while nodding toward Jessie.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:36 am

((ROLLS HELD))

Dhaltuun watches solomon as he starts to connect the dots about Jessie. ”It isnt hard to see what he is thinking.” He takes a long sip of his beer as he watches over the stein with a smirk. ’wait!! I see realization….in 3….2….1!”
[quote=Salomon]The High Magus' eyes widen as he realizes what Jessie is.

"It would seem that you're on your Njord's good side." he says to Dhaltuun while nodding toward Jessie.[/quote]

With a small bow of his head and a raised stein, dhaltuun says ”thank ye. I do my best to honor the father and he has blessed me with a great companion.’ He motions towards jessie ”This is my friend and teammate, Jessie. A noble and trusted warrior of Asgard.’

Turning to look at Dexter, ’If you require help with projects, Kusine, just ask and i will assist. Rituals are my cup of tea. I am looking to expand and share knowledge, including recipes.” the last part is added with a wink.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Jason Long » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:11 am

Perception: [dice1d100[/dice] / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 42

Consumer wrote:"Well I have actually. There is an ancient battlefield about fifty miles from here that I would like to investigate. The only threats I can think of are likely Fauna, such as dinosaurs. We'll spend a few days there and come back to Char to regroup and analyze some data."


Jason nods as he thinks about the plan. "That sounds simple enough. Have you spoken with anyone in town who was able to provide any more details about the area? 50 miles is a bit far for hunters to travel, but a battlefield would attract scavengers who would come to the closest major town to sell salvaged items. Dealers in the market may know of people who have been there and can give us an idea of what to expect. Or would you prefer not to let out where we are going. Personally, I can see arguments both ways. Simply put, more information allows us to be better prepared. One the other hand, if no one knows where our small team is going, then being ambushed is less likely. This is your expedition, how would you like to play it?"

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:With a ”Oh Yeah!”, he mixes some garlic into the butter. Once done, he looks up at the others ”Anyone else?”


Jason gladly accepts some of the garlic butter for the bread and rest of the dish. "Wonderful idea, Dhaltuun. Thank you."

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun watches Two claws get up and leave. ”I wonder what is wrong? Should i go after her?” He looks at Jason with a concerned look followed by dhaltuun’s gaze following Two claws.


Jason's eyes also follow Two Claws briefly as she leaves, but he quickly shifts his attention back to the newcomer. Enough time for that later.

Jason watches the newcomer as he interrupts the teams meal and meeting. He notices that his initial irritation and suspicion are not shard by the rest of the team, so he merely sits back to see what the newcomer wants.

"
Salomón wrote:"I am Salomón, High Magus of Dweomer City. I am here on a Sojourn - to find my way in the world."
Salomón wrote: "My specialty is spells and rituals that are more... complex and taxing than some of the simpler spells. Those spells have their uses, of course, and there are several indispensable ones among them. But in terms of magical focus, I lean toward the higher level spells. Within that specialty, everything is studied - offense, defense, summoning, you name it. We High Magi are also trained builders and creators, and eventually learn how to create some magic items - some of them well-known in the Magic Zone.


"Well, Salomon. I am Jason Long, leader of the Templar, which is the name of our organization. I am a tanker by trade and completely without magic, unlike most of my compatriots. Do you know anything about the area surrounding Char?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Roma's

Skills
Salomón: Anthropology (to ascertain if he offended anyone, or if dwarves are just gruff and "rough around the edges" in general) Dwarves run the gamut of personality types, though they do seem to be stereotyped as gruff or taciturn.
Lore: Creature of Magic/Faerie (info on Jessie) Hard to tell, but she may be one of the legendary Valkyrie.
Lore: Demon/Monster (info on Jessie) She doesn't look like a monster/demon.
Anthropology (don't offend) Offenses abound.
Mythology (info on Jessie and Njord) Valkyrie are the choosers of the slain in Nordic mythology and are on the level of warrior goddesses. Njord is a almost jovial god of the sea in Nordic mythology. (Feel free to look at Conversion book 2)

Dhaltuun: Cooking (professional) Your attempt to spruce up your food has inadvertently made it inedible, roll a save vs Non-Lethal poison (16+), failure indicates vomiting.

Conversations happen as stated, though Jessie looks more than a little annoyed.

Salomón wrote:"Excuse me for interrupting - what sort of things are you investigating?" he asks, obviously interested.



The professor looks at Salomón briefly. "History for the most part. Can't move into the future without knowing where we came from." The dusky skinned Professor says.

Jason Long wrote:Jason nods as he thinks about the plan. "That sounds simple enough. Have you spoken with anyone in town who was able to provide any more details about the area? 50 miles is a bit far for hunters to travel, but a battlefield would attract scavengers who would come to the closest major town to sell salvaged items. Dealers in the market may know of people who have been there and can give us an idea of what to expect. Or would you prefer not to let out where we are going. Personally, I can see arguments both ways. Simply put, more information allows us to be better prepared. One the other hand, if no one knows where our small team is going, then being ambushed is less likely. This is your expedition, how would you like to play it?"


Professor Bharb smiles warmly. "I have, but no one knows much about the area save it likely has some nearby animals. As for scavenged items, I find it unlikely. I think you misunderstand what I mean by old battlefield. This battlefield was old when this country was still young. If I'm lucky I may find a few rusted remnants of that era, nothing would be of value to scavengers as far as I can tell. I have notes and relatively detailed maps, we should be fine. Asking around too much will bring unwanted attention down on us, and I would like to avoid that if possible." The Professor says before taking a sip of his drink.

Two Claws

The trip back to the camp is uneventful and rather boring, no one seems to be following Two Claws and the route she takes is seemingly free of potential ambushes. Once back at camp, Bob looks up.

"Back already, is everything okay?"


GM Note:
Due to a misunderstanding, I will explain it here. The food brought to the table is super simple. Meat plate is a literal plate of grilled meats, with minimal sauce or seasoning. The vegetable plate is much the same a plate of various grilled or boiled vegetables and ground tubers with minimal seasoning and sauce. The mystery plate is some type of meat and a very alien looking vegetable likely boiled to a near mush like consistency. There is no butter to be had and the only seasonings on the table are salt, pepper, and mustard (tastes just like yellow mustard with out all the dye.)
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 97 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 66

Bob wrote:"Back already, is everything okay?"


Two Claws takes a moment to look up as the dog boy speaks up. Not expecting anyone to notice her return, she has a surprise look on her face when she answers him.

"Oh yes, everything is alright. I just can't stand being in a typical city for too long. I prefer a people or the wilderness. Less, complications that way. Plus, I was hoping for a little excitement of the way back. How about you? Anything happen while we were gone? I believe we a going to be heading out soon, is there any preparations that you need help with?"

Two Claws asks her questions with a smile. She even makes her way over to Bob and sits down next to him. After a few moments, she begins to draw in the dirt at her feet.
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:30 pm

((ROLLS HELD))

I navnet Njord! = In the name of Njord!

Dhaltuun is distracted by the talk of plans, so he doesn't pay enough attention to his condiments or to his manners. He sets his spice array down on the table beside him and sniffs. ’Smells okay.” Heraises his head and looks at the ceiling. ”I navnet Njord!” He takes a bite and….. ((ST vs. Non-lethal poison1d20+4 = 6 = fail)) immediately turns a funny green color. There is a look of panic as Dhaltuun's hands shoot to his face in an attempt to not hurl chunks all over his team, only to fail by mere nanoseconds. He bends violently at the waist as he spews on the floor at his feet. There is a look of shame on his face as he sits back up.’OMG!!!! What in the name of njord did i do?? Need to fix this…...how?? Dhaltuun takes a breathe in thru his nose and, with hands on table, slowly lets it out. At the last bit of air leaves, he casts light healing ((PPE 6)). There is a second of pause then Dhaltuun takes a deep breathe as the sensation passes. He waves his hand in a motion to continue with the talking. Dhaltuun then gets up and moves over to the bar. "I am so sorry. If ye let me, i will clean it up and pay for damages. *deep breathe* It was my fault that happened, i wasnt watching what i was doing while talking." He waits for the cleaning supplies, while checking his credits. Once he has them, he proceeds tpo clean up his mess.

After a moment to regain his senses, Dhaltuun contacts Marcella ”My girl. Two Claws is heading back to camp. Keep an eye on her me, wont you, my sweet?” He sends feelings of love and gratitude as he closes the connection. Dhaltuun then looks around the table with a ashamed grin on his face.

Seeing Jessie looking annoyed, Dhaltuun leans over and whispers. ”Are you okay, Milady? I am sorry if i offended. I am new to this, remember? ((he offers a disarming smile)) I know i am lacking in social akills, maybe you can help?” ((Charm/Impress 1d100 = 81)) He ignores the rest of the meeting while he tries to fix things with his favorite valkyrie.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 37

”Excuse me ignorance but if there is nothing to scavenge and it's truly been that long ago, then what exactly do plan on findn’ or needn’ there? Especially since you want to do it on the sly but then again this is your expedition after all, me am just tryn’ to connect some of de dots together me’self.” Dexter blurts out some objections before he has time to think about what he is saying. He glances back over at Jason to gauge his reaction as well as the professor.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 5
JIC (100): 1d100 = 46
No change in gear.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:With a small bow of his head and a raised stein, dhaltuun says ”thank ye. I do my best to honor the father and he has blessed me with a great companion.’ He motions towards jessie ”This is my friend and teammate, Jessie. A noble and trusted warrior of Asgard.’


The High Magus turns to the Asgardian warrior and bows his head. "An honor to be in the presence of a legendary Valkyrie, Jessie" he says stoically.

Jason Long wrote:"Well, Salomon. I am Jason Long, leader of the Templar, which is the name of our organization. I am a tanker by trade and completely without magic, unlike most of my compatriots. Do you know anything about the area surrounding Char?"


"Well met, Mr. Long," says the Amaki with a slight bow. "I would like to know more about these 'Templar' of which you speak. What sort of organization do you lead? Are there other organization members present here as well?" he asks Jason.

"As to your question - I know precious little about Char, as I have only been here a day. There is a weapons shop not far from here - Chamberland's Arms and Armor - and I am staying at the Wayside Inn until such time as a guide arrives within the next day or two. Roma tells me he's the one to hire in order to find this exotic plant I am searching for here. Unless you know a better guide...?" he trails off inquisitively at Jason.

Consumer wrote:The professor looks at Salomón briefly. "History for the most part. Can't move into the future without knowing where we came from." The dusky skinned Professor says.


"I could not agree with you more, sir!" he says with a smile while fondly remembering his history lessons in school as a young boy. He listens to Jason and the Professor speak more:

Jason Long wrote:Jason nods as he thinks about the plan. "That sounds simple enough. Have you spoken with anyone in town who was able to provide any more details about the area? 50 miles is a bit far for hunters to travel, but a battlefield would attract scavengers who would come to the closest major town to sell salvaged items. Dealers in the market may know of people who have been there and can give us an idea of what to expect. Or would you prefer not to let out where we are going. Personally, I can see arguments both ways. Simply put, more information allows us to be better prepared. One the other hand, if no one knows where our small team is going, then being ambushed is less likely. This is your expedition, how would you like to play it?"

Professor Bharb smiles warmly. "I have, but no one knows much about the area save it likely has some nearby animals. As for scavenged items, I find it unlikely. I think you misunderstand what I mean by old battlefield. This battlefield was old when this country was still young. If I'm lucky I may find a few rusted remnants of that era, nothing would be of value to scavengers as far as I can tell. I have notes and relatively detailed maps, we should be fine. Asking around too much will bring unwanted attention down on us, and I would like to avoid that if possible." The Professor says before taking a sip of his drink.


"If I may..." says Salomón before following up with, "As I mentioned previously, I am looking to hire a guide and Roma - our Cyclopean friend and proprietor of this fine establishment - says the one arriving in a day or two is the best one around. Perhaps this guide could assist you in your activities as well?" he mentions, thinking it might be wise to team up in such a savage land.

I am not as well-suited to these wilderness environments as I would like he thinks, pondering his relatively cerebral and highly technical skillset.
Last edited by Salomón on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Rufus » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 91

Rufus breathes deep to get a nose full of the aromas from his meat platter. "Ahhhhhhhhh, tako kot doma..." he sighs. "Just like home. This is pretty close to standard fare back in Houndstooth; Kankoran and Wolfen, we both prefer to keep the spice use down to a minimum so the natural flavors come through. That's not to say that we're not good at it though -- the chief's cook could knock out a venison roast that'd make a vegetarian drool like you wouldn't believe..."

Salomón wrote:"Hajimemashite!" he says to Rufus with a smile and a slight Japanese-style bow. "I am also here for the promise of greater opportunity. And this..." - he looks around at Roma's - "is the local watering hole, so presumably opportunities abound! Heard of any good ones?" he asks Rufus with a twinkle in his eye.


"And here I was hoping to ask you the same thing..." Rufus chuckles. "We've only just arrived today, so we're still in the 'learn about the city' phase. This seemed like the perfect touristy place to get some dinner and some... 'local atmosphere' if you know what I mean..."

Salomón wrote:He then addresses the group: "I am Salomón, High Magus of Dweomer City. I am here on a Sojourn - to find my way in the world."


Rufus gives Dex a side-eye glance -- Well, score one more for the stereotypical grumpiness of dwarves I guess... he thinks to himself -- but nods as Salomón lets his gruffness roll off like raindrops on a granite statue. "The famous 'hidden city' in the Magic Zone, eh? Heard about it but can't say as I remember meeting anyone from there. Pleased to meet you, Gospod Salomón," he adds with a slight bow of his own. "I'm Rufus, formerly of the University of Lazlo. I'm more the 'vanilla' type mage though, as ley lines are my area of arcane specialty."

His train of thought is derailed however as Dhaltuun goes into a technicolor yodel. "Uhm... Dhal? Kolega? You going to be okay?" He glances at him and Jessie to make sure he's going to be alright before glancing back over to Dex. "My 'latrine' comment was supposed to be a joke..." he adds with a grimace.

Once he's certain that the resident short shifter isn't having a medical emergency, Rufus gives Dhal a nod and returns to the main conversation. Okay, the professor has my curiosity. If the battle's from as long ago as he says, and there isn't anything there of scavenging value, what could he possibly hope to learn at this point? He shrugs. Though he's right about unwanted attention being unhealthy. Guess that's a question for later when we're not in earshot of the public.

In between bites/sips he gestures to Salomón to have a seat (if he hasn't taken one already). "So, my stone-skinned sojourner... what twisted road led you here to Char? And I've never seen or heard of someone of your description before in my travels. I'd love to hear more about your people and where they call home."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 17
JIC (100): 1d100 = 75
No change in gear.

Rufus wrote:
Salomón wrote:"Hajimemashite!" he says to Rufus with a smile and a slight Japanese-style bow. "I am also here for the promise of greater opportunity. And this..." - he looks around at Roma's - "is the local watering hole, so presumably opportunities abound! Heard of any good ones?" he asks Rufus with a twinkle in his eye.


"And here I was hoping to ask you the same thing..." Rufus chuckles. "We've only just arrived today, so we're still in the 'learn about the city' phase. This seemed like the perfect touristy place to get some dinner and some... 'local atmosphere' if you know what I mean..."


Salomón grins at the canine humanoid. "Indeed I do! It seems we are of similar mind, friend."

Salomón wrote:He then addresses the group: "I am Salomón, High Magus of Dweomer City. I am here on a Sojourn - to find my way in the world."


Rufus wrote:Rufus gives Dex a side-eye glance -- Well, score one more for the stereotypical grumpiness of dwarves I guess... he thinks to himself -- but nods as Salomón lets his gruffness roll off like raindrops on a granite statue. "The famous 'hidden city' in the Magic Zone, eh? Heard about it but can't say as I remember meeting anyone from there.


"The same! Dweomer is a real place - I can attest to that. However, given that there are.. certain parties that would love nothing more than to cause trouble if they knew where it were precisely located, we take significantly involved measures to keep that location secret. Perhaps..." - Here he trails off thoughtfully for a moment before continuing - "Perhaps someday, you will get to behold its glory and splendor. It is a place full of wonders for students and practitioners of magic!" he says enthusiastically.

Rufus wrote:Pleased to meet you, Gospod Salomón," he adds with a slight bow of his own. "I'm Rufus, formerly of the University of Lazlo. I'm more the 'vanilla' type mage though, as ley lines are my area of arcane specialty."


Salomón nods in polite recognition at the Kankoran mage. "Lazlo, hmm? I have indeed heard of this place, and would like to visit there someday. Ley lines are a fascinating topic indeed!"

Then, looking puzzled, he says to Rufus: "We at Dweomer evade all sorts of patrols and scouts from various parties that do not mean well, and I have seen others similar to yourself searching for Dweomer among the troops of the Coalition States. Now, I don't mean to pry, but ... I was told that persons of your.. unique heritage... are unusually sensitive to magic and psychic energies, which is one reason the CS employs you. In fact, rumor has it that some even get headaches when around strong manifestations of it. How is it that you are able to study and practice magic, much less bask in all the energy of the ley lines, and yet have no negative side effects?"

Skill Roll: Anthropology (trying not to be offensive to Rufus or anyone else): 1d100 = 31/46% Success!

OOC Comments
In case it isn't clear, Salomón thinks Rufus is some sort of Dog Boy variant, having not heard of Kankoran


Rufus wrote:In between bites/sips he gestures to Salomón to have a seat (if he hasn't taken one already). "So, my stone-skinned sojourner... what twisted road led you here to Char? And I've never seen or heard of someone of your description before in my travels. I'd love to hear more about your people and where they call home."


Salomón takes the offered seat after carefully adjusting his gear and harness so that they don't pose any discomfort whilst sitting down, and gently leans his rifle against it.

"Thank you, my gracious friend. I set out initially to a place known as 'Merctown' - perhaps you have heard of it? It was rumored to be a good place where one could get a start in the world - a place generally accepting of nonhumans and many types. Dweomer is like this as well - we are tolerant, except of intolerance. So, Merctown seemed a good place to begin my journey to discover my place in the world. While there, I of course had to visit their magic quarter, which is fairly impressive for a town that size. Have you seen it? They even have a pyramid!"[b] Salomón's eyes light up at the mention of the Stone Pyramid in Merctown. [b]"I have always been fascinated with the Stone Magic of the Atlanteans. We have had some visit my homeland. Maybe some day I will get to know more about it," he muses with a dreamy look in his eyes.

Snapping back to the present, he continues: "I am an Amaki - we are also called Stone-Men. Fitting name, yes?" he says with a smile while looking at his own marbled skin. "My people actually come from another world, but have settled in what used to be known as South America here on Earth. A place far south from here... we have named our country New Babylon, and I am from the capital city - also aptly named New Babylon. We settled in an area around 150 years ago, in the Silver River Republics - have you heard of it?" he asks inquisitively.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:45 am

Two Claws

Two Claws wrote:"Oh yes, everything is alright. I just can't stand being in a typical city for too long. I prefer a people or the wilderness. Less, complications that way. Plus, I was hoping for a little excitement of the way back. How about you? Anything happen while we were gone? I believe we a going to be heading out soon, is there any preparations that you need help with?"



Bob shakes his head. "Nope, quiet night it seems. As for preparations, unlikely. The Professor, hasn't really unpacked in the first place. I assume he'll head out with only part of the crew and leave some of us here." The Rottweiler shaped dogboy says matter of factly.

"He tell you where you guys were heading. He usually tells me last it seems." The dog boy says with a dry chuckle.

At Roma's

Conversation is going fine, until Dhaltuun turns a shade of white and violently vomits towards his feet, managing to not get it on anyone else, but still gets quite a bit on himself. Once the expulsion is finished, Dhaltuun casts a healing spell, which really does nothing for his upset stomach, it does clear up the burning sensation in his throat and the pain in his abdomen from the violent retching.


Dhaltuun wrote:"I am so sorry. If ye let me, i will clean it up and pay for damages. *deep breathe* It was my fault that happened, i wasnt watching what i was doing while talking."



The man behind the counter shakes his head. "I'll have someone over there to clean up in a minute."

Dhaltuun wrote:”Are you okay, Milady? I am sorry if i offended. I am new to this, remember? ((he offers a disarming smile)) I know i am lacking in social akills, maybe you can help?”



Jessie looks almost shocked and horrified at the vomit covered Dhaltuun taking time to even talk to her. "You should go and clean up. You're a mess." Jessie says with a hint of revulsion.

At about this point, an employee arrives with a mop and a bucket, and makes short work of the mess.

Salomón wrote:"An honor to be in the presence of a legendary Valkyrie, Jessie"


Jessie tries to smile, but it's clear she's annoyed. As to why is anyone's guess.

The rest of the conversation continues as normal between Rufus and Salomón. The Professor seems to have taken the last few minutes in stride. One of the other people at the table a blonde human woman speaks up. "What manner of exotic plant are you searching for?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44/46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 4
JIC (100): 1d100 = 76

Rifle is leaning against the chair he sits in.

Consumer wrote:One of the other people at the table a blonde human woman speaks up. "What manner of exotic plant are you searching for?"


Salomón turns to get a better look at the woman and replies, "It is a reportedly rare plant known by the name of 'Witches Eye' - I need it for research into its properties and it is rumored to grow in the Dinosaur Swamp area. Do you know of it?"

I wonder who else here might have heard of it..? he thinks to himself.

Then, realizing something profoundly obvious but having somehow missed it entirely until this point, he has an epiphany, pulls out his computer, and starts trying to find as much information about "Witches Eye" as he can.

Skill Roll- Computer Operation - 1d100 = 39/66% Success!
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:18 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 43
Init: 1d20 = 7
Perc: 1d100 = 60
Conditions: Sense evil (90 ft area / Dur: 23/24 rds) Sense Magic (120 ft area / Dur: 23/24 rds) Tongues (self / dur: 47/48 rds)

Dhaltuun realizes as soon as he sees Jessie’s face that he messed up. ’Fuck...Why didn’t i go clean up first?? I feel like a tool.” He looks at the floor in shame and as he face turns red, he makes a undignified exit. He turns, grabs his gear, and walks quickly out to his buggy. Once there, ”Njord, please allow my friends to forgive me.” With that, he jumps in his buggy and drives off into the wild.

After about 10 mins of driving, Dhaltuun stops and gets out. He strips off his harness, coat and shirt. He grabs his cutlass and breechlock then moves away to a spot about 10 ft away from the buggy. ”I need to try to relax. Maybe if i talk to Njord. I need guidance and help in learning some skills with which to better help my team and further his mighty name.” Dhaltuun kneels and starts to breathe slowly, but deeply. ”I need to clear my mind. Marcella can help with that.’ He focuses on his familiar and friend. In a low voice, ”Marcella, me girl. I need your eyes. Let me join you while you fly. It is peaceful and i need to calm meself.” After a moment, his eyes glaze over and a slight smile appears on his face.

As the connection finishes, Dhaltuun senses realize he is flying slowly on the breeze. Focusing, he sees that Marcella is flying in a lazy circle with his body on the ground, as the center of it. ”For the next few minutes, Marcelle. Just be you, i am just here for the ride.” He then, mentally, sits back and enjoys the ride.

There is a flush of emotion from Marcella to Dhaltuun. A combo of love, gratitude, and excitement, As Marcella spots a small critter on the ground. With a screech, She goes into a dive. Dhaltuun is exalted. ”The wind flowing over her feathers. The feeling of the hunt, the freedom. This is amazing. Thank ye, Marcella for letting me share this moment. Thank ye Njord for finding the better half of my soul.”

There is a flash of darkness, as Dhlatuun opens his eyes. Realizing he is back in his own body, he relaxes. With a release of his held breath, he rises and returns to his vehicle. ”i need lunch and a shower. First a shower *Seeing a stream* Well maybe a bath.” He grabs his shaving/grooming kit and makes his way to the stream. Stripping down to his underwear, he enters the stream and scrubs himself clean. After quite a few minutes getting clean, Dhaltuun returns to his buggy. Putting his shaving kit on the hood, he uses the drivers side mirror to shave himself to at least a respectable dwarf beard. ”First i trim to scragglies. Then the stubble, finally a good brushing then bind it and i should be good to go."

After his bath, and calming flight, Dhaltuun feels ready for lunch. Munching on jerky and beer, Dhaltuun thinks ”Now that i am calmer, i need to meditate. Maybe use the time to find another helper….maybe someone not so rigid and combative...more like an assistant. Yes, that be the best plan.” He assumes the kneeling position and as he sits back on his heels, he opens up his senses to maybe find a new friend.
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Rufus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 28

Salomón wrote:"The same! Dweomer is a real place - I can attest to that. However, given that there are.. certain parties that would love nothing more than to cause trouble if they knew where it were precisely located, we take significantly involved measures to keep that location secret. Perhaps..." - Here he trails off thoughtfully for a moment before continuing - "Perhaps someday, you will get to behold its glory and splendor. It is a place full of wonders for students and practitioners of magic!" he says enthusiastically.

Salomón nods in polite recognition at the Kankoran mage. "Lazlo, hmm? I have indeed heard of this place, and would like to visit there someday. Ley lines are a fascinating topic indeed!"

Then, looking puzzled, he says to Rufus: "We at Dweomer evade all sorts of patrols and scouts from various parties that do not mean well, and I have seen others similar to yourself searching for Dweomer among the troops of the Coalition States. Now, I don't mean to pry, but ... I was told that persons of your.. unique heritage... are unusually sensitive to magic and psychic energies, which is one reason the CS employs you. In fact, rumor has it that some even get headaches when around strong manifestations of it. How is it that you are able to study and practice magic, much less bask in all the energy of the ley lines, and yet have no negative side effects?"


Rufus looks puzzled for a few moments. "Employs us? I have no idea what you..." suddenly it clicks, sending Rufus into a fit of laughter. "Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Now I get it!" He takes a moment to calm and collect himself. "I'm afraid you've got me mistaken for someone else, Sal. You're thinking of the Coalition's Dog Boys -- they're genetically-engineered dogs bred and raised to hunt down mages like us. My people are called the Kankoran. We're not from around here originally, but my parents came through a rift right before I was born."


Salomón wrote:"Thank you, my gracious friend. I set out initially to a place known as 'Merctown' - perhaps you have heard of it? It was rumored to be a good place where one could get a start in the world - a place generally accepting of nonhumans and many types. Dweomer is like this as well - we are tolerant, except of intolerance. So, Merctown seemed a good place to begin my journey to discover my place in the world. While there, I of course had to visit their magic quarter, which is fairly impressive for a town that size. Have you seen it? They even have a pyramid!"[b] Salomón's eyes light up at the mention of the Stone Pyramid in Merctown. [b]"I have always been fascinated with the Stone Magic of the Atlanteans. We have had some visit my homeland. Maybe some day I will get to know more about it," he muses with a dreamy look in his eyes.

Snapping back to the present, he continues: "I am an Amaki - we are also called Stone-Men. Fitting name, yes?" he says with a smile while looking at his own marbled skin. "My people actually come from another world, but have settled in what used to be known as South America here on Earth. A place far south from here... we have named our country New Babylon, and I am from the capital city - also aptly named New Babylon. We settled in an area around 150 years ago, in the Silver River Republics - have you heard of it?" he asks inquisitively.


Rufus grins. "I"m afraid I've never heard of the Silver River Republics, and I wish I could say I've been down to South America, but I can at least say I've seen the Merctown pyramid. I went there for similar reasons and wound up becoming a member of the Mages' Guild there -- not to mention becoming a member of the Templar here."

The sounds of Dhaltuun yodeling in technicolor turn Rufus' attention just in time to see the embarrassed dwarf making a hasty exit. "Hey Dhal... wait... I can... oh well..." he calls after him but too late. He looks over at Jessie. "Poor guy. I guess Southern barbecue doesn't sit well with him?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 50 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 10

Consumer wrote:The rest of the conversation continues as normal between Rufus and Salomón. The Professor seems to have taken the last few minutes in stride. One of the other people at the table a blonde human woman speaks up. "What manner of exotic plant are you searching for?"



Dexter gives the woman a wary eye as she bluntly interjects herself into the conversation. He takes a puff off of his cigar and lets out an audible grunt of disapproval. Doing the best a grumpy dwarf could do, he turns back to rest of the group but pays as much attention as he can to the woman and Salomon. Dexter gets the attention of the waitress or the barkeep and orders another round.

Rufus wrote:"Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Now I get it!" He takes a moment to calm and collect himself. "I'm afraid you've got me mistaken for someone else, Sal. You're thinking of the Coalition's Dog Boys -- they're genetically-engineered dogs bred and raised to hunt down mages like us. My people are called the Kankoran. We're not from around here originally, but my parents came through a rift right before I was born."


Dexter lets out a jovial laugh along with Rufus, at the notion of a mage in the CS. He almost spits his drink out in the process. He wipes away his mouth with the back of his hand before smiling. Wanting to see what caught Rufus’ attention, Dexter matches his gaze with Rufus just in time to see his fellow dwarf is exiting the establishment. Hump. I wonder what his problem is. Sometimes I miss so much being stuck in me head. Now what a this? Witches Eye?! Can't recall if me ever heard of it. He turns to Salomom, almost ignoring the woman. ”You know, one of the professor’s assistant has a fancy for plants and such. You could even talk with our little kitten.” Dexter looks around to make sure Two Claws had not returned without him knowing. ”She seems like she likes nature and might have some ideas. Me have little information regarding such things but if you give me sum'tin mechanical then me can tell you all about it.” He trails off as he starts to think about something mechanical.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Next

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest