Char: A City of Conundrums.

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Jason Long » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 34

Salomón wrote:Well met, Mr. Long," says the Amaki with a slight bow. "I would like to know more about these 'Templar' of which you speak. What sort of organization do you lead? Are there other organization members present here as well?" he asks Jason.
[/i]

Jason returns the bow. "The Templar is an independent mercenary team based in MercTown. Our membership is fairly fluid, which allows us to handle a variety of jobs; from combating supernatural evils to high risk recovery missions to security missions like our current one. Personally, I am a Veritech Hover Tank pilot. I provide heavy fire support with Bonaparte, my VHT. You see most of the current membership; Rufus, Dexter, Dhaltuun, and Jessie. Two Claws is the member that you may have seen leaving. " He pauses to consider how much to tell this stranger about their current mission.

Salomón wrote:"If I may..." says Salomón before following up with, "As I mentioned previously, I am looking to hire a guide and Roma - our Cyclopean friend and proprietor of this fine establishment - says the one arriving in a day or two is the best one around. Perhaps this guide could assist you in your activities as well?" he mentions, thinking it might be wise to team up in such a savage land.


Jason looks to the Professor. "This is your show. Having a guide familiar with the territory would be an asset. If our new friend here hires him, there would be no tie to us until after we return. So there is no real risk from a security point of view. Would delaying a day or so put a burden on your schedule?"

As Dhaltuun's eruption disrupts the evening, Jason can't help but think that The Templar's luck is running true to form. This is worse than the Chinese buffet. At least he didn't get any on the Prof.

As the conversation moves on to Salomon's plant, Jason leans back to listen. It quickly gets out of the range of his knowledge and experience. He does take note of the woman who speaks up. He thinks to himself, Who are you and what is your interest...
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:02 am

Perception : 1d100 = 12 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 91

Bob wrote: Bob shakes his head. "Nope, quiet night it seems. As for preparations, unlikely. The Professor, hasn't really unpacked in the first place. I assume he'll head out with only part of the crew and leave some of us here." The Rottweiler shaped dogboy says matter of factly.

"He tell you where you guys were heading. He usually tells me last it seems." The dog boy says with a dry[/b]


"Yeah he did. Some type of ancient battlefield or something. Nothing that holds too much of my interests. He probably figures that it doesn't really matter that much on where you guys are going. He goes off tromping and you keep him alive. After that, I assume you think everything is trying to hurt him, right? Well if you don't need any help, then I am going to take a few laps and make sure we're not being watched or anything. "

If Bob has no requests to make then Two Claws will circle the parameter of the camp and sweep for any potential ambushes. She keeps a watchful eye out for any type of game that might provide amply food for the group.

Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 28 - 52% never be to carefull
Tailing 1d100 = 88 - 52% to make sure no one is following her
Track & Trap Animals: 1d100 = 78 - 47%/57% - look for big game
Tracking: People: 1d100 = 75 - 47% - to make sure they are not being stalked
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65/ 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC 20: 1d20 = 2
JIC 100: 1d100 = 1
No other changes.

Rufus wrote:Rufus looks puzzled for a few moments. "Employs us? I have no idea what you..." suddenly it clicks, sending Rufus into a fit of laughter. "Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Now I get it!" He takes a moment to calm and collect himself. "I'm afraid you've got me mistaken for someone else, Sal. You're thinking of the Coalition's Dog Boys -- they're genetically-engineered dogs bred and raised to hunt down mages like us. My people are called the Kankoran. We're not from around here originally, but my parents came through a rift right before I was born."


Salomón lets out a hearty laugh along with the others at his error. Good temperament on this one. I like him! he thinks to himself while smiling at his newfound furry friend.

"How fascinating! And yes - I hope you'll forgive my error. As you heard, I am not originally from around here. We have many mutant animals in South America, yet there are always new and exciting races, cultures, and individuals to meet and learn about. Maybe someday, I will study the D-bees of this land more closely..." he thinks to himself, and ponders doing just that.

Salomón wrote:Rufus grins. "I"m afraid I've never heard of the Silver River Republics, and I wish I could say I've been down to South America, but I can at least say I've seen the Merctown pyramid. I went there for similar reasons and wound up becoming a member of the Mages' Guild there -- not to mention becoming a member of the Templar here."


Nodding at the Kankoran, Salomón acknowledges his membership in the Guild too. "I also joined the Guild," he says, before leaning in a bit and lowering his voice so that the surrounding tables cannot hear. "It's actually what brought me to this town - the plant I am searching for is at the behest of one of the Guild Captains. You know how it is... have to pay your dues and earn a name for yourself, yes?" he winks at Rufus.

Dexter Portlywright wrote:He turns to Salomom, almost ignoring the woman. ”You know, one of the professor’s assistant has a fancy for plants and such. You could even talk with our little kitten.” Dexter looks around to make sure Two Claws had not returned without him knowing. ”She seems like she likes nature and might have some ideas. Me have little information regarding such things but if you give me sum'tin mechanical then me can tell you all about it.” He trails off as he starts to think about something mechanical.


"Thank you, master dwarf." Salomón looks around as well. "Tell me - where might this assistant you are referring to be found? And who is this 'kitten' you mentioned?" he asks curiously.

Jason Long wrote:Jason returns the bow. "The Templar is an independent mercenary team based in MercTown. Our membership is fairly fluid, which allows us to handle a variety of jobs; from combating supernatural evils to high risk recovery missions to security missions like our current one. Personally, I am a Veritech Hover Tank pilot. I provide heavy fire support with Bonaparte, my VHT. You see most of the current membership; Rufus, Dexter, Dhaltuun, and Jessie. Two Claws is the member that you may have seen leaving. " He pauses to consider how much to tell this stranger about their current mission.


Security mission? thinks the High Magus and, though his curiosity is sparked, he senses Jason's hesitation and decides against pressing the topic. "Veritech Hover Tank, you say... hmm..." says Salomón, concentrating for a moment to see if he's familiar with what Jason is referring to.

SKILL ROLLS : All of these rolls are to see if Jason's description match anything Salomón may have heard of or is familiar with.
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100 = 48 | 51% Success
Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100 = 82 | 46% Fail
Weapons Engineer -- 1d100 = 40 | 46% Success
Vehicle Armorer -- 1d100 = 1 | 46% CRITICAL SUCCESS

"It sounds as if your team is an honorable and adventurous one indeed! And..." he adds somberly, "There is plenty of supernatural evil to fight. If you are ever in need of another... I will be more than happy to lend my talents to your Templar" offers the Stone-Man. Not to mention, this 'assistant' might be able to point me in the right direction for the Witches Eye, and my furry friend here and I already seem to have plenty in common. And, it goes without saying that there is strength in numbers.

After thinking for a moment, and being unable to recall anything in his considerable knowledge of machines, the High Magus is curious. "Mr. Long, I'm afraid that, although I do have training in mechanical and electrical areas and even vehicular armoring, I haven't the foggiest idea what you're referring to when you say 'Veritech' or what a Bonaparte is. Though, by the name 'hover tank', I presume it's some sort of hover tank I'm unfamiliar with?"

Jason Long wrote:Jason looks to the Professor. "This is your show. Having a guide familiar with the territory would be an asset. If our new friend here hires him, there would be no tie to us until after we return. So there is no real risk from a security point of view. Would delaying a day or so put a burden on your schedule?"


Salomón looks to the Professor to study his reaction.

Contingencies
If the Professor recommends Salomón join the group for the trip, he will graciously accept.
If Jason responds favorably to Salomón's offer to join the Templar, he will graciously thank them all.

Either way, if he is able to join the group (whether as a full member or just temporarily for now, he offers to buy the Templar (and Professor, and whomever else is with them) a round of Eyes from Roma to celebrate their newfound companionship.
Last edited by Salomón on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
Armor: High Magus armor: 50/50 M.D.C., with spine helmet (45 M.D.C and has 9 spikes, insect-like eyes, and beaded mouthpiece), non-environmental
P.P.E.: 128/168
I.S.P.: 43/47

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 am

At Camp
Two Claws

Two Claws wrote:"Yeah he did. Some type of ancient battlefield or something. Nothing that holds too much of my interests. He probably figures that it doesn't really matter that much on where you guys are going. He goes off tromping and you keep him alive. After that, I assume you think everything is trying to hurt him, right? Well if you don't need any help, then I am going to take a few laps and make sure we're not being watched or anything. "

If Bob has no requests to make then Two Claws will circle the parameter of the camp and sweep for any potential ambushes. She keeps a watchful eye out for any type of game that might provide amply food for the group.


Bob nods. "It's really my job, so I'm not too surprised. It's not that everyone is trying to hurt him, it's more when he's nose down in his work he isn't very observant. Buggy Blinders, is the term I think. Other than that, it's been a quiet night. Have fun on patrol, holler if you find anything." Bob says cheerfully.

From Two Claws' conversation with Bob she comes to a conclusion, he is basically Professor Bharb's Bodyguard and Babysitter, which likely means that the Templar were more or less hired to keep the rest of the team alive versus just the professor. Two Claws begins her patrol and notices a few things. There have been people and animals in the area, though it does seem to her trained eye, that they were
dissuaded from coming too close by the presence of the groups vehicles. In a bit of fortune, Two Claws sees a deer and is able to take it down with her bow.

When Two Claws is on her way back to camp she sees Dhaltuun's battered off-road buggy pull up and he steps out covered in what would seem to be vomit.

Dhaltuun
Dhaltuun pulls up to the camp and walks off into the underbrush so to speak, calling his bird to him. (Familiar Link is 600' for future reference) After stripping down to mostly his small clothes, Dhaltuun spends some time meditating, though it seems Njord doesn't deem it necessary to give the shifter any answers. After a while, Dhaltuun makes his way to the bathrooms and cleans up.

If you'r looking to summon another minion, please make the necessary P.P.E. expenditure, and note intent. (Though you may need to find at least a ley line to do this at so you can afford it.)

Roma's

Dhaltuun rushes off, as the Roma's staff cleans up the mess. The group continues to converse about a plethora of topics, but in the end it boils down to a few key points.

The blonde woman looks up at Salomón. "I know of it, and likely could identify it if it was handed to me. It's a weed really, but it seems to be popular among spell casting types for some type of magic property. As for it growing in the Dinosaur Swamp, that seems pretty viable as it's a swamp plant." She says with a smile, before continuing to work on her drink.

The conversation continues between Salomón and the Templar, culminating in Salomón offering his services to the team.

What are your intentions?




Salomón
Computer ops: Your computers limited database, does not have any information on Witches Eye.
About Veritech Tanks: Salomón has not the foggiest clue as to what the hell Jason is talking about.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:04 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 57
Init: 1d20 = 13
Perc: 1d100 = 66
Conditions:

Skills -


Dhaltuun heads to his room. There he drops his gear. ” I need a shower. I will drop this mess at the laundry area on my way. Then i need to think.” he heads to the wash machine and drops his vomit coated gear. Then he returns to his room and grabs his grooming kit and finally, to his long awaited shower.

After spending awhile in the shower, Dhaltuun returns to his room. ”What a day! I am gonna clean up, get my stuff, and go spend the night in the woods. *concentrates for a moment* Marcella, you up for that/” After finishing his laundry, Dhaltuun rechecks his gear, and lays his weapons out on his bed.

Opening his window, Dhaltuun moves back over to his bed, stopping for his weapon care kit. As he prepares to start caring for his weapons, Marcella lands on the window sill. ”Oh. Hey my girl. Was just getting ready ta clean my gear. You ok? *pauses* you want to play?? Sure, once i am done here, i am yours. Please be patient.” With a wave of love and trust, Dhaltuun relaxes and takes a moment.

First he takes a few minutes and gives his hair a brush then braides it in a tail , with that, he does same to his impressive beard. He places one hand on his chest and uses the other to grasp his necklace. With a deep breathe, ”Njord.. Might father. It is i, dhaltuun, Your loyal servant. I am lost and need your guidance. I am thankful for your trust in sending Jesse to me. I am just not strong in my ability to be the kind of leader she needs. I am trying my best, but there is doubt. *Looks at Marcella* Everytime i see my girl, i remember the love from her and you. Thank ye father for Blessing me with your attention. I vow to be a better messenger for you.” With another deep breathe, He once again gets to his feet and moves to the window and his best friend.


Dhaltuun gives Marcella some scratches and pets. ”All right my girl. I am all yours. What say we haed out and play for a bit then i will look for some help. Jesse is amazing, in a fight. I need help with other stuff...healing, cooking, etc..” He turns back and gathers up his day bag. Throwing it on the bed, he decides to put on some clothes. He puts on his jeans and a tank top, over this he throws on his favorite jacket. He places his jewelry back on his person, and finally replaces his weapons and tac vest.
Looking over at Marcella, ”Ready, my girl? I will meet you at the buggy.” He heads for the garage. Using the radio as he moves, ”Gang. I need to think. I am heading out to the woods for the night. Jesse, stay and help watch the others.’
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 20
JIC (100): 1d100 = 17

Damn. No info on the Witches Eye thinks Salomón to himself after striking out at the computer search.

Then,

Consumer wrote:Roma's

The blonde woman looks up at Salomón. "I know of it, and likely could identify it if it was handed to me. It's a weed really, but it seems to be popular among spell casting types for some type of magic property. As for it growing in the Dinosaur Swamp, that seems pretty viable as it's a swamp plant." She says with a smile, before continuing to work on her drink.


The High Magus' eyes brighten and he starts to say something, but then suddenly stops himself and turns to Jason and the rest of the group.

"What do you think?" he says expectantly to them.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
Armor: High Magus armor: 50/50 M.D.C., with spine helmet (45 M.D.C and has 9 spikes, insect-like eyes, and beaded mouthpiece), non-environmental
P.P.E.: 128/168
I.S.P.: 43/47

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest