Char: A City of Conundrums.

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Jason Long » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 34

Salomón wrote:Well met, Mr. Long," says the Amaki with a slight bow. "I would like to know more about these 'Templar' of which you speak. What sort of organization do you lead? Are there other organization members present here as well?" he asks Jason.
[/i]

Jason returns the bow. "The Templar is an independent mercenary team based in MercTown. Our membership is fairly fluid, which allows us to handle a variety of jobs; from combating supernatural evils to high risk recovery missions to security missions like our current one. Personally, I am a Veritech Hover Tank pilot. I provide heavy fire support with Bonaparte, my VHT. You see most of the current membership; Rufus, Dexter, Dhaltuun, and Jessie. Two Claws is the member that you may have seen leaving. " He pauses to consider how much to tell this stranger about their current mission.

Salomón wrote:"If I may..." says Salomón before following up with, "As I mentioned previously, I am looking to hire a guide and Roma - our Cyclopean friend and proprietor of this fine establishment - says the one arriving in a day or two is the best one around. Perhaps this guide could assist you in your activities as well?" he mentions, thinking it might be wise to team up in such a savage land.


Jason looks to the Professor. "This is your show. Having a guide familiar with the territory would be an asset. If our new friend here hires him, there would be no tie to us until after we return. So there is no real risk from a security point of view. Would delaying a day or so put a burden on your schedule?"

As Dhaltuun's eruption disrupts the evening, Jason can't help but think that The Templar's luck is running true to form. This is worse than the Chinese buffet. At least he didn't get any on the Prof.

As the conversation moves on to Salomon's plant, Jason leans back to listen. It quickly gets out of the range of his knowledge and experience. He does take note of the woman who speaks up. He thinks to himself, Who are you and what is your interest...
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:02 am

Perception : 1d100 = 12 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 91

Bob wrote: Bob shakes his head. "Nope, quiet night it seems. As for preparations, unlikely. The Professor, hasn't really unpacked in the first place. I assume he'll head out with only part of the crew and leave some of us here." The Rottweiler shaped dogboy says matter of factly.

"He tell you where you guys were heading. He usually tells me last it seems." The dog boy says with a dry[/b]


"Yeah he did. Some type of ancient battlefield or something. Nothing that holds too much of my interests. He probably figures that it doesn't really matter that much on where you guys are going. He goes off tromping and you keep him alive. After that, I assume you think everything is trying to hurt him, right? Well if you don't need any help, then I am going to take a few laps and make sure we're not being watched or anything. "

If Bob has no requests to make then Two Claws will circle the parameter of the camp and sweep for any potential ambushes. She keeps a watchful eye out for any type of game that might provide amply food for the group.

Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 28 - 52% never be to carefull
Tailing 1d100 = 88 - 52% to make sure no one is following her
Track & Trap Animals: 1d100 = 78 - 47%/57% - look for big game
Tracking: People: 1d100 = 75 - 47% - to make sure they are not being stalked
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65/ 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC 20: 1d20 = 2
JIC 100: 1d100 = 1
No other changes.

Rufus wrote:Rufus looks puzzled for a few moments. "Employs us? I have no idea what you..." suddenly it clicks, sending Rufus into a fit of laughter. "Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Now I get it!" He takes a moment to calm and collect himself. "I'm afraid you've got me mistaken for someone else, Sal. You're thinking of the Coalition's Dog Boys -- they're genetically-engineered dogs bred and raised to hunt down mages like us. My people are called the Kankoran. We're not from around here originally, but my parents came through a rift right before I was born."


Salomón lets out a hearty laugh along with the others at his error. Good temperament on this one. I like him! he thinks to himself while smiling at his newfound furry friend.

"How fascinating! And yes - I hope you'll forgive my error. As you heard, I am not originally from around here. We have many mutant animals in South America, yet there are always new and exciting races, cultures, and individuals to meet and learn about. Maybe someday, I will study the D-bees of this land more closely..." he thinks to himself, and ponders doing just that.

Salomón wrote:Rufus grins. "I"m afraid I've never heard of the Silver River Republics, and I wish I could say I've been down to South America, but I can at least say I've seen the Merctown pyramid. I went there for similar reasons and wound up becoming a member of the Mages' Guild there -- not to mention becoming a member of the Templar here."


Nodding at the Kankoran, Salomón acknowledges his membership in the Guild too. "I also joined the Guild," he says, before leaning in a bit and lowering his voice so that the surrounding tables cannot hear. "It's actually what brought me to this town - the plant I am searching for is at the behest of one of the Guild Captains. You know how it is... have to pay your dues and earn a name for yourself, yes?" he winks at Rufus.

Dexter Portlywright wrote:He turns to Salomom, almost ignoring the woman. ”You know, one of the professor’s assistant has a fancy for plants and such. You could even talk with our little kitten.” Dexter looks around to make sure Two Claws had not returned without him knowing. ”She seems like she likes nature and might have some ideas. Me have little information regarding such things but if you give me sum'tin mechanical then me can tell you all about it.” He trails off as he starts to think about something mechanical.


"Thank you, master dwarf." Salomón looks around as well. "Tell me - where might this assistant you are referring to be found? And who is this 'kitten' you mentioned?" he asks curiously.

Jason Long wrote:Jason returns the bow. "The Templar is an independent mercenary team based in MercTown. Our membership is fairly fluid, which allows us to handle a variety of jobs; from combating supernatural evils to high risk recovery missions to security missions like our current one. Personally, I am a Veritech Hover Tank pilot. I provide heavy fire support with Bonaparte, my VHT. You see most of the current membership; Rufus, Dexter, Dhaltuun, and Jessie. Two Claws is the member that you may have seen leaving. " He pauses to consider how much to tell this stranger about their current mission.


Security mission? thinks the High Magus and, though his curiosity is sparked, he senses Jason's hesitation and decides against pressing the topic. "Veritech Hover Tank, you say... hmm..." says Salomón, concentrating for a moment to see if he's familiar with what Jason is referring to.

SKILL ROLLS : All of these rolls are to see if Jason's description match anything Salomón may have heard of or is familiar with.
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100 = 48 | 51% Success
Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100 = 82 | 46% Fail
Weapons Engineer -- 1d100 = 40 | 46% Success
Vehicle Armorer -- 1d100 = 1 | 46% CRITICAL SUCCESS

"It sounds as if your team is an honorable and adventurous one indeed! And..." he adds somberly, "There is plenty of supernatural evil to fight. If you are ever in need of another... I will be more than happy to lend my talents to your Templar" offers the Stone-Man. Not to mention, this 'assistant' might be able to point me in the right direction for the Witches Eye, and my furry friend here and I already seem to have plenty in common. And, it goes without saying that there is strength in numbers.

After thinking for a moment, and being unable to recall anything in his considerable knowledge of machines, the High Magus is curious. "Mr. Long, I'm afraid that, although I do have training in mechanical and electrical areas and even vehicular armoring, I haven't the foggiest idea what you're referring to when you say 'Veritech' or what a Bonaparte is. Though, by the name 'hover tank', I presume it's some sort of hover tank I'm unfamiliar with?"

Jason Long wrote:Jason looks to the Professor. "This is your show. Having a guide familiar with the territory would be an asset. If our new friend here hires him, there would be no tie to us until after we return. So there is no real risk from a security point of view. Would delaying a day or so put a burden on your schedule?"


Salomón looks to the Professor to study his reaction.

Contingencies
If the Professor recommends Salomón join the group for the trip, he will graciously accept.
If Jason responds favorably to Salomón's offer to join the Templar, he will graciously thank them all.

Either way, if he is able to join the group (whether as a full member or just temporarily for now, he offers to buy the Templar (and Professor, and whomever else is with them) a round of Eyes from Roma to celebrate their newfound companionship.
Last edited by Salomón on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 am

At Camp
Two Claws

Two Claws wrote:"Yeah he did. Some type of ancient battlefield or something. Nothing that holds too much of my interests. He probably figures that it doesn't really matter that much on where you guys are going. He goes off tromping and you keep him alive. After that, I assume you think everything is trying to hurt him, right? Well if you don't need any help, then I am going to take a few laps and make sure we're not being watched or anything. "

If Bob has no requests to make then Two Claws will circle the parameter of the camp and sweep for any potential ambushes. She keeps a watchful eye out for any type of game that might provide amply food for the group.


Bob nods. "It's really my job, so I'm not too surprised. It's not that everyone is trying to hurt him, it's more when he's nose down in his work he isn't very observant. Buggy Blinders, is the term I think. Other than that, it's been a quiet night. Have fun on patrol, holler if you find anything." Bob says cheerfully.

From Two Claws' conversation with Bob she comes to a conclusion, he is basically Professor Bharb's Bodyguard and Babysitter, which likely means that the Templar were more or less hired to keep the rest of the team alive versus just the professor. Two Claws begins her patrol and notices a few things. There have been people and animals in the area, though it does seem to her trained eye, that they were
dissuaded from coming too close by the presence of the groups vehicles. In a bit of fortune, Two Claws sees a deer and is able to take it down with her bow.

When Two Claws is on her way back to camp she sees Dhaltuun's battered off-road buggy pull up and he steps out covered in what would seem to be vomit.

Dhaltuun
Dhaltuun pulls up to the camp and walks off into the underbrush so to speak, calling his bird to him. (Familiar Link is 600' for future reference) After stripping down to mostly his small clothes, Dhaltuun spends some time meditating, though it seems Njord doesn't deem it necessary to give the shifter any answers. After a while, Dhaltuun makes his way to the bathrooms and cleans up.

If you'r looking to summon another minion, please make the necessary P.P.E. expenditure, and note intent. (Though you may need to find at least a ley line to do this at so you can afford it.)

Roma's

Dhaltuun rushes off, as the Roma's staff cleans up the mess. The group continues to converse about a plethora of topics, but in the end it boils down to a few key points.

The blonde woman looks up at Salomón. "I know of it, and likely could identify it if it was handed to me. It's a weed really, but it seems to be popular among spell casting types for some type of magic property. As for it growing in the Dinosaur Swamp, that seems pretty viable as it's a swamp plant." She says with a smile, before continuing to work on her drink.

The conversation continues between Salomón and the Templar, culminating in Salomón offering his services to the team.

What are your intentions?




Salomón
Computer ops: Your computers limited database, does not have any information on Witches Eye.
About Veritech Tanks: Salomón has not the foggiest clue as to what the hell Jason is talking about.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:04 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 57
Init: 1d20 = 13
Perc: 1d100 = 66
Conditions:

Skills -


Dhaltuun heads to his room. There he drops his gear. ” I need a shower. I will drop this mess at the laundry area on my way. Then i need to think.” he heads to the wash machine and drops his vomit coated gear. Then he returns to his room and grabs his grooming kit and finally, to his long awaited shower.

After spending awhile in the shower, Dhaltuun returns to his room. ”What a day! I am gonna clean up, get my stuff, and go spend the night in the woods. *concentrates for a moment* Marcella, you up for that/” After finishing his laundry, Dhaltuun rechecks his gear, and lays his weapons out on his bed.

Opening his window, Dhaltuun moves back over to his bed, stopping for his weapon care kit. As he prepares to start caring for his weapons, Marcella lands on the window sill. ”Oh. Hey my girl. Was just getting ready ta clean my gear. You ok? *pauses* you want to play?? Sure, once i am done here, i am yours. Please be patient.” With a wave of love and trust, Dhaltuun relaxes and takes a moment.

First he takes a few minutes and gives his hair a brush then braides it in a tail , with that, he does same to his impressive beard. He places one hand on his chest and uses the other to grasp his necklace. With a deep breathe, ”Njord.. Might father. It is i, dhaltuun, Your loyal servant. I am lost and need your guidance. I am thankful for your trust in sending Jesse to me. I am just not strong in my ability to be the kind of leader she needs. I am trying my best, but there is doubt. *Looks at Marcella* Everytime i see my girl, i remember the love from her and you. Thank ye father for Blessing me with your attention. I vow to be a better messenger for you.” With another deep breathe, He once again gets to his feet and moves to the window and his best friend.


Dhaltuun gives Marcella some scratches and pets. ”All right my girl. I am all yours. What say we haed out and play for a bit then i will look for some help. Jesse is amazing, in a fight. I need help with other stuff...healing, cooking, etc..” He turns back and gathers up his day bag. Throwing it on the bed, he decides to put on some clothes. He puts on his jeans and a tank top, over this he throws on his favorite jacket. He places his jewelry back on his person, and finally replaces his weapons and tac vest.
Looking over at Marcella, ”Ready, my girl? I will meet you at the buggy.” He heads for the garage. Using the radio as he moves, ”Gang. I need to think. I am heading out to the woods for the night. Jesse, stay and help watch the others.’
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 20
JIC (100): 1d100 = 17

Damn. No info on the Witches Eye thinks Salomón to himself after striking out at the computer search.

Then,

Consumer wrote:Roma's

The blonde woman looks up at Salomón. "I know of it, and likely could identify it if it was handed to me. It's a weed really, but it seems to be popular among spell casting types for some type of magic property. As for it growing in the Dinosaur Swamp, that seems pretty viable as it's a swamp plant." She says with a smile, before continuing to work on her drink.


The High Magus' eyes brighten and he starts to say something, but then suddenly stops himself and turns to Jason and the rest of the group.

"What do you think?" he says expectantly to them.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 87 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 58

Consumer wrote:"I know of it, and likely could identify it if it was handed to me. It's a weed really, but it seems to be popular among spell casting types for some type of magic property. As for it growing in the Dinosaur Swamp, that seems pretty viable as it's a swamp plant."

Salomon wrote:"What do you think?"



Great, that was a big help. Whatever, just sum stupid plant. Me can't use it in me work. So, dis fell'a wants to join? Me wonder if Mr. Jason is going to take him up on the offer. He might prove useful, tho. ”Me got no problems wit ya’ joining but it not up to me. Ya’ got'ta get the ok from Jason, here.” Dexter sits back in chair, still smoking on one of his cigars. He gives a glance over to Jason and give a smiling nod of approval. Jerking back around to Salomon in a quick but not so fluid motion. ”Sorry, me got lost in me own mind. The assistant should be back at our camp. As for the kitten, she a native American and a member of the Templars, who’s a bit elusive. She also doesn't like being called that. So, me make sure she don't hear it.”
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:09 am

**rolls held**

Dexter Portlywright wrote:”Me got no problems wit ya’ joining but it not up to me. Ya’ got'ta get the ok from Jason, here.” Dexter sits back in chair, still smoking on one of his cigars. He gives a glance over to Jason and give a smiling nod of approval.


Salomón nods at the dwarf with a smile, grateful for the support.

Dexter Portlywright wrote:Jerking back around to Salomon in a quick but not so fluid motion. ”Sorry, me got lost in me own mind. The assistant should be back at our camp. As for the kitten, she a native American and a member of the Templars, who’s a bit elusive. She also doesn't like being called that. So, me make sure she don't hear it.”


Doesn't like to be called....what, precisely? Kitten? Native American? Member of the Templar? Elusive? he thinks to himself, trying to ascertain what Dexter is warning him about in advance.

SKILL ROLL -- Anthropology (try to ascertain and avoid what a Native American might find offensive): 1d100 = 32/46% SUCCESS!


"Pardon me, master dwarf, but I am unclear on what you said about..." Here he pauses for a moment, unsure of what to refer to, as he isn't certain which term is problematic. "Two Claws, the Templar member you speak of... what does she not like being called, precisely? Kitten? Native American? Elusive? It is not clear to me, and I'd rather not inadvertently offend any of my new friends."
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Rufus » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 16

Salomón wrote:"How fascinating! And yes - I hope you'll forgive my error. As you heard, I am not originally from around here. We have many mutant animals in South America, yet there are always new and exciting races, cultures, and individuals to meet and learn about. Maybe someday, I will study the D-bees of this land more closely..." he thinks to himself, and ponders doing just that.


Rufus waves him off. “Don’t worry about it, gospod. We Kanks aren’t very common in this neck of the Megaverse by any stretch of the imagination by what I’ve been told… and since we’re not as large as Wolfen you’re likely not the first one to assume that. Probably won’t be the last, either…” he chuckles as he takes a sip of his drink.

However, Salomon’s case of mistaken identity does make him wonder about the Dog Boy that’s part of the professor’s team. I wonder what he thinks about traveling with a canine mage? He’s not been anything but professional to me so far… his mind continues to wander a bit until Salomon’s voice snaps him back to the here and now.

Salomón wrote:Nodding at the Kankoran, Salomón acknowledges his membership in the Guild too. "I also joined the Guild," he says, before leaning in a bit and lowering his voice so that the surrounding tables cannot hear. "It's actually what brought me to this town - the plant I am searching for is at the behest of one of the Guild Captains. You know how it is... have to pay your dues and earn a name for yourself, yes?" he winks at Rufus.


Rufus snorts. “Tell me about it. My first instance of ‘paying my dues’ was to be a show-and-tell prop for a professor’s class about lesser-known D-bees. For a moment there I was afraid I was gonna have to strip down to my underwears and dance on a table.” He shakes his head as if to clear away some bad mental images.

Consumer wrote:The blonde woman looks up at Salomón. "I know of it, and likely could identify it if it was handed to me. It's a weed really, but it seems to be popular among spell casting types for some type of magic property. As for it growing in the Dinosaur Swamp, that seems pretty viable as it's a swamp plant." She says with a smile, before continuing to work on her drink.


Rufus’ ears swivel around to the woman, and after taking a bite from his plate the rest of his head follows suit. He’s no alchemist -- in fact he barely passed Basic Potions 103 -- but the mention of magical properties intrigues him. He searches his memory to see if he can recall any mention of the plant.

Lore: Magic | General Knowledge -- 1d100 = 55/67%
Lore: Magic | Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc -- 1d100 = 74/57%

When Salomon offers his services to the team, he looks over at Jason and tries to read the human’s expression. We’ve already got pretty good magic coverage, but from what little I know about high mages he might be a pretty good addition. And seems pleasant enough so far. Why not?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:03 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 55 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 60

Returning to camp with her spoils of victory, Two Claws stops and watches Dhaltunn’s return. She notices, watching him scamper from his buggy, the vomit covering his front side like fancy suit. She looks away fairly quickly, once she realizes it's vomit, as to not cause him any more embarrassment. Two Claws takes the deer carcass and begins to prepare it for skinning and take all available meat. Once she is finished, she will clean up the mess and herself. Then she will return to where Bob was when she had left to await for the return of everyone else. "Hey Bob, how does it go? Busy?" Two Claws laughs a little before continuing. "So, when your not with the professor, what do you like to do for leisure? "

Skin & Prepare Animal Hides 1d100 = 50 - 47%
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Roma's

Skills
Salomón: Anthropology: Two-Claws would likely be annoyed by Dexter's pet nickname, It certainly seems only someone very familiar with someone may say.
Rufus: Lore: Magic (General Knowledge): It's a semi-rare plant that has uses in several magical things, potions and certain rituals.
Lore: Magic (Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc): You don't recall it being used in any of these kinds of applications.


As before the conversation continues, between the magically inclined individuals. After a a while, Professor Bharb speaks up. "I think it may be time for us to head back to camp. Mr. Salomón if you would care to join us, you likely can continue to chat with the Templar back at our camp." With that declaration the group finishes up and leaves.



Camp

Skills
Two-Claws: Skin & Prepare Animal Hides: Two Claws adequately skins the deer and enough of the hide is serviceable for some future project.


Two Claws wrote:"Hey Bob, how does it go? Busy?" Two Claws laughs a little before continuing. "So, when your not with the professor, what do you like to do for leisure? "


Bob shakes his head as he finishes fussing with one of the Drones that pilot the Cargonaughts. "Nope, not really busy at all. This early into an expedition usually is the easiest. Especially with our basing out of a city." Bob says before hearing Two Claws' second question. "Well I guess that depends on where I am at. On the job, like this I tend to just watch stuff, nature... people. It is usually entertaining enough. Back home, I paint." Bob says with a grin only a Rottweiler could muster. "If I were to guess, you're new to the group and are still trying to find your niche in it. Which I can understand, we've all been there." Bob says sagely, revealing that he is more observant than someone may think.

"If you need help with that deer, I could help. The Drone's will keep and eye on things for a while." Bob ask.



Dhaltuun's Quest

Dhaltuun's trip finds him in a unused section of the ruins of Char. likely was a residential area the old world called suburbs. All in all the area he picks is relatively peaceful, a ley line softly glows blue several hundred feet away. Finding a spot to kneel, Dhaltuun begins his communion to seek out another minion. Unlike most shifters Dhaltuuns predisposition to trusting Njord to provide, means he blindly casts his net and hopes for a response.

An hour or so passes quietly before Dhaltuun hears a soft clearing of a throat. "You called Shifter?" A soft base voice asks.

Opening his eyes Dhaltuun sees a short hairy individual sitting on what may have been the stairs of a front porch, forty or so feet away from him.




Camp Part 2

Eventually the group arrives to camp. Salomón can see that the Templar have taken up a partially standing ruin that was big enough to shelter a Behemoth Explorer and several other vehicles. Bob the Rottweiler Dogboy, Reep the Ratling, and Two Claws are sitting near the fire. A pair of Northern Gun drones slowly patrol the building. Bob looks up from the fire at the groups approach. "Welcome back."

I'm going to give the group one more post cycle to talk, before the next day and leaving for the old battlefield.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 5
JIC (100): 1d100 = 72

Rufus wrote:Rufus waves him off. “Don’t worry about it, gospod. We Kanks aren’t very common in this neck of the Megaverse by any stretch of the imagination by what I’ve been told… and since we’re not as large as Wolfen you’re likely not the first one to assume that. Probably won’t be the last, either…” he chuckles as he takes a sip of his drink.


He certainly is a likeable little fellow thinks the High Magus to himself as he smiles at Rufus.

Rufus wrote:Rufus snorts. “Tell me about it. My first instance of ‘paying my dues’ was to be a show-and-tell prop for a professor’s class about lesser-known D-bees. For a moment there I was afraid I was gonna have to strip down to my underwears and dance on a table.” He shakes his head as if to clear away some bad mental images.


The Amaki race's nickname of "Stone-Man" becomes readily apparent as Salomón just stares, expressionless, at the Kankoran for an uncomfortable few moments. Then...

He bursts out with a hearty laugh, slapping his thigh at Rufus' description. "Well, I can't say that anyone asked me to gyrate on a table, my friend, but - that being said, I might have better luck doing that than retrieving this plant I know nothing about. At least I know a bit about dancing!" he says, and then briefly gets up and dances a little jig to drive the point home.

Skill Roll : Dance --> 1d100 = 30 / 51%

Consumer wrote:Roma's

As before the conversation continues, between the magically inclined individuals. After a a while, Professor Bharb speaks up. "I think it may be time for us to head back to camp. Mr. Salomón if you would care to join us, you likely can continue to chat with the Templar back at our camp." With that declaration the group finishes up and leaves.


"Thank you, Professor. I would be happy to do so," replies the Amaki.
OOC Comments
Presumably, no one objects if Salomón goes back to the inn, cancels his reservation, and grabs his gear to come to the camp - if so, please let me know otherwise.


Salomón makes sure to let Roma know he will not be staying at the inn, but will check in with her daily until the guide arrives.

Consumer wrote:Camp Part 2

Eventually the group arrives to camp. Salomón can see that the Templar have taken up a partially standing ruin that was big enough to shelter a Behemoth Explorer and several other vehicles. Bob the Rottweiler Dogboy, Reep the Ratling, and Two Claws are sitting near the fire. A pair of Northern Gun drones slowly patrol the building. Bob looks up from the fire at the groups approach. "Welcome back."


Salomón looks around at the camp as they arrive.

It looks like this groups is ready to explore around with the vehicles and supplies they keep.

The High Magus waits for him to be introduced to the others at the camp whom he has not met yet.
Last edited by Salomón on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:58 am

JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 46
Init: 1d20 = 4
Perc: 1d100 = 53
Conditions:

Skills -
Lore: Demon 69% / 1d100 = 73
Lore: Faerie 54% / 1d100 = 76
Language: American 108% / 1d100 = 100
Language - Demogagion 80% / 1d100 = 76
Language - Faerie Speak 80% / 1d100 = 28
Charm/Impress 40% / 1d100 = 74

Dhaltuun's trip finds him in a unused section of the ruins of Char. likely was a residential area the old world called suburbs. All in all the area he picks is relatively peaceful, a ley line softly glows blue several hundred feet away. Finding a spot to kneel, Dhaltuun begins his communion to seek out another minion. Unlike most shifters Dhaltuuns predisposition to trusting Njord to provide, means he blindly casts his net and hopes for a response.


Dhaltuun spends the last few minutes of his wait, ending to his makeshift camp site. ”I wonder what my lord has blessed me with? It should be interesting. Njord knows my heart and needs. I will have faith he will send what is needed.” He proceeds to put out some jerky and his last bit of beer. ”Darn! Almost gone. Need to get more or at least learn to make some.” With a chuckle, he puts on his tank top and baldric, leaving his utility harness on a rock nearby.

Taking a final look, Dhaltuun smiles and gives a small nod. ”Marcella, i am hoping to find a new friend to join us. Please hang nearby in case i need you. I trust your instincts.” He sits cross legged and pours himself a mug of beer and grabs a small handful of jerky. He sits here snacking, throwing the occasional piece of jerky in the air for his girl, while waiting to see who or what shows itself.


An hour or so passes quietly before Dhaltuun hears a soft clearing of a throat. "You called Shifter?" A soft base voice asks.

Opening his eyes Dhaltuun sees a short hairy individual sitting on what may have been the stairs of a front porch, forty or so feet away from him.


Dhaltuun turns his head to look as he hears the words. ”Marcella, do a fly by. I will use the camera.” He turns his head back and uses the gauntlet screen to see what is there. Watching the screen as he stands, he turns when he gets a shot of his visitor. As he waits, ”Hello, stranger. Friend or foe? I am not much on pretty words but if ye be a friend, then please join me. Iffn ye be a foe, give me a moment to turn around, yea?”{
1d100 = 38
1d100 = 8
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 93

As Dexter and the others arrive back a camp, he stops short in the trio around the campfire. He motions for Salomon to move in closer. Dexter tries to extend himself as he leans over. When Salomon is close enough, that Dexter feels comfortable, he whispers. ”Well me lad, the lass over there by de fire, she be Two Claws. Once again, make sure you don't call her kitten.” Dexter returns to the flats of his fleets. His voice returns to normal but still stays close, so he doesn't have to raise his voice to loudly. ” De “dog boy” next to her is Bob. Dhat leaves de last one. Whom me believe is called Reep. If me memory still serves me correct. Dare should be two more member lurking around here, somewhere. Probably off doing sum research. Well, let's go meet ‘em, shall we?”

Dexter waits for Salomon before moving close to the fire. He tips his hat as he approaches. A half smile can be seen behind his beard. He pulls up a seat to join the others sitting around the fire. He gestures for Salomon to join them. ”Evenin leads and lass. Camp life been quiet? He waits for an answer before continuing. ”As you can plainly see, we got us a new member. His name be Salomon. He be help'n us wit our exploration. Did Dhaltunn ever return? Me wonder if he's alright.”
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:07 am

**rolls held**

Dexter Portlywright wrote:As Dexter and the others arrive back a camp, he stops short in the trio around the campfire. He motions for Salomon to move in closer. Dexter tries to extend himself as he leans over. When Salomon is close enough, that Dexter feels comfortable, he whispers. ”Well me lad, the lass over there by de fire, she be Two Claws. Once again, make sure you don't call her kitten.”


Salomón moves closer to the diminutive Techno-Wizard when motioned. When it becomes apparent that Dexter wants him to lean in even more closely, Salomón realizes that the desired effect would be both humorous to observers and rather impractical, given the dwarf is about half his height - and decides to take a knee instead.

Once the whisper is heard, Salomón glances over at Two Claws and, suddenly aware that his looking at her might give away the fact that she's being discussed, quickly glances in other directions while nodding his head, hoping not to make her or any other observers self-conscious about what's being whispered.

He whispers back, "Thank you, master dwarf. I will be sure not to call her that name, as I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with my new teammates."

She is an interesting one... not dressed like, and does not carry herself like, the others.. I wonder what her background and role in the group is? he thinks curiously as he looks back at Two Claws again.

Skill Roll - Anthropology (figure out Two Claws' background, given her unique style of dress and mannerisms) --> 1d100 = 26 / 46%

Dexter Portlywright wrote:Dexter returns to the flats of his fleets. His voice returns to normal but still stays close, so he doesn't have to raise his voice to loudly. ” De “dog boy” next to her is Bob. Dhat leaves de last one. Whom me believe is called Reep. If me memory still serves me correct. Dare should be two more member lurking around here, somewhere. Probably off doing sum research. Well, let's go meet ‘em, shall we?”


The Amaki nods and looks at the two members Dexter mentioned, carefully associating names with faces for future reference. Again, something gnaws at him in his mind, and he decides to bring it up with the dwarf.

"The Dog Boy - Bob, you said? I was told - apparently incorrectly- that Dog Boys work for the Coalition States and are used primarily to hunt down magic-users. Yet, this group has several practitioners of the mystic arts present, and 'Bob' does not seem to be disturbed nor 'on the hunt' as it were. I am wondering if, perhaps, you can correct my apparent misunderstandings about Dog Boys?" he asks hopefully.

Dexter Portlywright wrote:Dexter waits for Salomon before moving close to the fire. He tips his hat as he approaches. A half smile can be seen behind his beard. He pulls up a seat to join the others sitting around the fire. He gestures for Salomon to join them. ”Evenin leads and lass. Camp life been quiet? He waits for an answer before continuing. ”As you can plainly see, we got us a new member. His name be Salomon. He be help'n us wit our exploration. Did Dhaltunn ever return? Me wonder if he's alright.”


Salomón politely bows and introduces himself to the others, paying attention to each of them in turn and listening carefully.

Dhaltuun... I believe that was the one who had a Valkyrie with him... where did he disappear to? thinks the High Magus as he looks around the camp to see if Jessie is also missing.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:55 am

( Rolls Carried Over )

Salomon wrote:The Dog Boy - Bob, you said? I was told - apparently incorrectly- that Dog Boys work for the Coalition States and are used primarily to hunt down magic-users. Yet, this group has several practitioners of the mystic arts present, and 'Bob' does not seem to be disturbed nor 'on the hunt' as it were. I am wondering if, perhaps, you can correct my apparent misunderstandings about Dog Boys?"


Dexter takes off his hat and scratches the top his head. He pauses for a moment as a look of bewilderment creeps across his face. Returning his hat back on his head, he adjusts it a few times until it's in its usual place. Finally speaking up with a hint of confusion. ” Umm, well, me not really sure. Ain't no expert on de matter but me know there is sum that work for the collation and sum dat don't. Sorry me can't be of much use. If ya don't want to ask Bob, den maybe the professor might make sum insight.”
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Jason Long » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 87

Once back at the camp and Dexter has completed Salomon's introductions, Jason approaches Salomon. "I appreciate your desire to join us. Why don't you come with us for the next stage of our mission. That way you can decide if this is where you want to be. It will also give us a chance to evaluate you and see if you will be an asset to the Templar. In the end, if either of us decides it isn't working out, then no hard feelings. Although I will expect, if you leave, that you not discuss any of the Professor's findings until he releases his report. If you can agree to that, Welcome to The Templar! The Behemoth is a team vehicle. We will assign you quarters on board. You have full access to the labs, except I would ask that you check with others before moving anything in a lab. You never know what project might be in progress"

Jason has a momentary flash of an experiment with Carny being disrupted resulting in blood and ice cream everywhere. Do stonemen bleed?

Jason will lead Salomon on a tour of the Behemoth, showing him the labs and other facilities.
"Salomon, do you have any skills with mech piloting, operating sensors or communication gear, or other technical skills? How about weapons, armor, or medical skills? Being a small unit, we all need to contribute any way we can."

Jason will provides Salomon with copies of the maps that the team has been using, asking Salomon to look them over and see if his personal experience shows where the maps need update. Jason also gives him the radio frequencies that the team uses.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:11 pm

**ROLLS CARRIED**

Dexter Portlywright wrote:Dexter takes off his hat and scratches the top his head. He pauses for a moment as a look of bewilderment creeps across his face. Returning his hat back on his head, he adjusts it a few times until it's in its usual place. Finally speaking up with a hint of confusion. ” Umm, well, me not really sure. Ain't no expert on de matter but me know there is sum that work for the collation and sum dat don't. Sorry me can't be of much use. If ya don't want to ask Bob, den maybe the professor might make sum insight.”


Salomón nods and files the mental note away.

Stands to reason, I suppose... some would produce offspring outside of the CS or who run away, don't belong, etc... he muses.

Jason Long wrote:Once back at the camp and Dexter has completed Salomon's introductions, Jason approaches Salomon. "I appreciate your desire to join us. Why don't you come with us for the next stage of our mission. That way you can decide if this is where you want to be. It will also give us a chance to evaluate you and see if you will be an asset to the Templar. In the end, if either of us decides it isn't working out, then no hard feelings. Although I will expect, if you leave, that you not discuss any of the Professor's findings until he releases his report. If you can agree to that, Welcome to The Templar! The Behemoth is a team vehicle. We will assign you quarters on board. You have full access to the labs, except I would ask that you check with others before moving anything in a lab. You never know what project might be in progress"


Salomon' bows again. "Dōmo arigatōgozaimashita!" says the Amaki in fluent Japanese. "Thank you very much, Mr. Long. I agree to your terms, and eagerly anticipate the adventure that lies before us!" follows a moment later with a big smile.

This will give us both a chance to find out if I am a good fit.

Jason Long wrote:Jason will lead Salomon on a tour of the Behemoth, showing him the labs and other facilities.
"Salomon, do you have any skills with mech piloting, operating sensors or communication gear, or other technical skills? How about weapons, armor, or medical skills? Being a small unit, we all need to contribute any way we can."


The High Magus grins wide from ear to ear. "Time to earn my keep, yes?" he says with a twinkle in his eye.

"All High Magi are trained in various engineering disciplines. We are, after all, builders and healers in addition to masters of high sorcery and ritual." he says seriously - but not in a condescending or arrogant way; rather, he has the tone of one who teaches others.

"To that end, I am trained in various branches of lore, am literate and fluent in several languages, schooled in advanced mathematics as well as electrical, mechanical, and weapons engineering, familiar with all aspects of computing - including repair, programming, general operation and hacking, trained in vehicular armoring and military fortifications, am familiar with multiple weapons, and a fair estimator of the worth of things - especially if they are related to magic. I also have some skill in masonry, anthropology, astronomy and navigation, I know how to use a radio effectively, and I throw a mean right hook!" he says before stepping back and doing some brief shadow boxing as if to drive the point home with his fists.

The Stone-Man shifts his stance back to a neutral one and continues: "Yet, we must temper our capacity to harm with our capacity to heal, so I am somewhat learned in the medical arts - roughly equivalent to a combat medic, and I also fancy myself a bit of a cultural observer," he says.

That may be a bit more than he had asked for, but I'm confident they'll find uses for me.

After a brief pause to let all of that sink in, he gestures to the vehicles and says, "I don't know how to operate or pilot- well, anything, really. I'm afraid my expertise with vehicles or sensors only goes as far as understanding how they work and how to modify them, to some degree. But I have no practical training in vehicular mechanics or piloting, per se - other than my engineering knowledge and expertise in weaponry and armoring, that is."

"Finally, I should also let you know in the interests of full disclosure - I possess some psychic abilities, focusing mostly on sensory enhancement and knowledge. I literally feel supernatural evil emanating from its source, for example, and I'm difficult to sneak up on due to a heightened sort of 'danger sense'." he says.

Best to not reveal some of the more intrusive powers yet until we know we can trust each other.

Jason Long wrote:Jason will provides Salomon with copies of the maps that the team has been using, asking Salomon to look them over and see if his personal experience shows where the maps need update. Jason also gives him the radio frequencies that the team uses.

Salomón thanks Jason and looks at the maps.
OOC Comments
Which maps are you referring to, specifically? Maps for this adventure, or other maps?


Then, looking slightly embarrassed, Salomón says to Jason, "I'm afraid I don't have a radio with me at the moment. Do you have some the team uses, or may I borrow one until I can obtain my own?" he asks the team leader.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:53 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 87 / 51%
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 83

"Nope, not really busy at all. This early into an expedition usually is the easiest. Especially with our basing out of a city." Bob says before hearing Two Claws' second question. "Well I guess that depends on where I am at. On the job, like this I tend to just watch stuff, nature... people. It is usually entertaining enough. Back home, I paint." Bob says with a grin only a Rottweiler could muster. "If I were to guess, you're new to the group and are still trying to find your niche in it. Which I can understand, we've all been there." Bob says sagely, revealing that he is more observant than someone may think.

"If you need help with that deer, I could help. The Drone's will keep and eye on things for a while."


"If you really want to help then I am not going to stop you but you really don't have to. I don't mind doing it myself. You know, I would have never taken you for the painting type. I guess we all have to have that one thing that surprises people. Looks like everyone is returning from town. Wonder what kind of news they got."

Two Claws turns and watches as the other members start to trickle in. She chuckles quietly to herself as Dex and the newest companion try to converse with each other. With her keen sense of hearing, she can pick up most of the conversation. Doing her best to hide her irritation, when Dex mentions the name kitten. Two Claws exchanges pleasantries with Salomon as he introduces himself.

"Well met friend. The name is Two Claws. If you need someone to be tracked or something hunted down, then I'm your girl. Most of the time I am out scouting the area, watching for attacks or possibly gathering food supplies."
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Dhaltuun

The creature looks at Dhaltuun's ham fisted attempts to communicate with a raised eyebrow. "You're a strange one Shifter. though from your stance I am having a hard time telling if you're gonna fight or piss yourself." The creature says with a chuckle. "You aren't from around here are you?" The creature continues. "Most civilized folk start with a hello, or how are you. Though I suppose it's been several hundred years since I've dealt with civilized folk. Not since the world went all topsy turvy and most of the was area reduced rubble." The creature says with a sigh, its short harry arms waving about in what Dhaltuun can only guess is exacerbation. "I'm Vladamir, you're currently camping in what used to be my kitchen." Vladamir says. Dhaltuun taking a brief look around is surprised to notice that he is indeed camping in what looks to be the foundation of a long gone house. "So what can I do for you Shifter? Here to command me to do your bidding?" Vladamir asks with a very sarcastic tone.

Man you failed every roll including the ability to speak English. That has to be a record. ~Consumer

Base Camp
Bob & Two Claws

Two Claws wrote:"If you really want to help then I am not going to stop you but you really don't have to. I don't mind doing it myself. You know, I would have never taken you for the painting type. I guess we all have to have that one thing that surprises people. Looks like everyone is returning from town. Wonder what kind of news they got."


"Likely something that will make my day harder." Bob says with a nod as he helps Two Claws dress the deer. She finds that the generally taciturn and larconic bodyguard is good with his hands. With Bob's help, Two Claws gets the deer dressed in what seems record time. Bob also helps move the meat to storage, reducing the number of trips Two Claws would have to make.

The rest of Camp
The rest of the group continues to converse, though the Professor and a majority of his crew head off to bed. Leaving only Reep and Bob. Reep seemingly bored wanders to one of the Cargonaughts and begins to do some manner of maintenance under it's large engine cowling. Bob when he finishes helping Two Claws takes up his usual position on the rail of the Pathfinder. Jessie the Valkyrie seems listless and takes to the mostly inaccessible roof of the building the Templar are camped under.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:16 am

Perception: 1d100 = 89 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 17
JIC (100): 1d100 = 98

Two Claws wrote:Two Claws exchanges pleasantries with Salomon as he introduces himself.

"Well met friend. The name is Two Claws. If you need someone to be tracked or something hunted down, then I'm your girl. Most of the time I am out scouting the area, watching for attacks or possibly gathering food supplies."


"It is my pleasure to meet you, Two Claws." says the Amaki as he smiles and slightly bows. "Those are undoubtedly important and crucial roles to play - especially in a group of this size!" he remarks. "I have studied military fortifications and know how to set up some defenses, though most of what I would do, with some exception, would take time and advance preparation. What is your assessment of the threat risk to the camp, currently?" he says with a sincere and interested look.

OOC Comments
Salomón is being sincere in everything he says. He is doing his best not to come across as patronizing to Two Claws - it is almost as if he is "walking on eggshells" to ensure he does not offend her.


Perhaps we could coordinate our skills sometime - if she finds evidence of threats or a high risk, I could set up some defensive structures around the perimeter, given time and materials, of course.

Salomón also takes the opportunity to politely introduce himself to any and all remaining folk at the camp and learns about them and their roles. He discusses what their current mission is, after agreeing to confidentiality, of course. He then takes out his computer and begins looking up specs and information on all the vehicles and supplies that the Templar appear to have on hand - or, at least, those that are currently visible to him without too much prying or being nosy.

Skill Roll: Computer Operation (gather high-level information and overview of the Templar's visible vehicles and equipment) --> 1d100 = 5/66% Critical Success!

If I'm going to be part of this group, I should know what we're working with.

Finally, he excuses himself and, when alone in his assigned quarters, he unpacks his gear.

As he does so, he comes across his photographs of home and family. Smiling and feeling nostalgic, he decides to "drop in" and see how they are doing. He activates his psychic power of Remote Viewing and begins with focusing on his sister, followed by his parents.

The last I heard, she was well on her way to becoming a swordswoman - and a fine one at that! he thinks fondly. He closes his eyes and focuses on her image, trying to ascertain what she is currently doing.

After his psychic visions wear off, Salomón lays out his High Magus armor and proceeds to cast Lifeward on it while painting the requisite symbols on his chest and armor.

He then sings a Japanese folk song that his mother used to sing to him while preparing for his meditation, meditates until all his I.S.P. and P.P.E. are fully restored, and retires for the evening.

Skill Roll: Sing (Japanese folk song) --> 1d100 = 36/51%
Last edited by Salomón on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Rufus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 15/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 4

Rufus accompanies the group back to camp, making sure to thank Professor Bharb for treating them to dinner, where something catches his nose.

    1d100 = 75/52% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
    1d100 = 8/67% to recognize common/known smells
    1d100 = 91/42% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away

Smells like... venison. Yes, definitely venison. Someone's been hunting. He then looks for Bob. "Hey, did you score some fresh meat for the road? You missed out on some good dinner this evening -- though I don't think Dhaltuun would agree. You should definitely be glad you missed out on seeing that. By the way, have you seen him? He left the restaurant in a hurry after he got sick. Just wanting to make sure he hasn't been spewing green goo and his head's spinning around or anything like that."

Rufus also follows Jason around as he gives Salomon the grand tour of the Behemoth. His ears prick up when the high magus starts talking about his talents.

Salomón wrote:"To that end, I am trained in various branches of lore, am literate and fluent in several languages, schooled in advanced mathematics as well as electrical, mechanical, and weapons engineering, familiar with all aspects of computing - including repair, programming, general operation and hacking, trained in vehicular armoring and military fortifications, am familiar with multiple weapons, and a fair estimator of the worth of things - especially if they are related to magic. I also have some skill in masonry, anthropology, astronomy and navigation, I know how to use a radio effectively, and I throw a mean right hook!" he says before stepping back and doing some brief shadow boxing as if to drive the point home with his fists.


He makes dodging motions with a chuckle. "Careful, Sal, you'll put someone's eye out that way..." once the moment has passed though, he clears his throat. "You say you're skilled with computers and with engineering, eh? I've been working on integrating an A.I. unit into the Behemoth's systems to act as a sounding board and an emergency pilot -- could really use your help if you'd be interested. Get settled in tonight and we can confab in the morning."

After leaving Salomon to get settled in he goes back outside to get in some meditation before turning in, when he sees Jessie heading off by herself. She's seemed a bit off since Dhal left the restaurant... wonder what's up. He ducks back inside to rummage a couple of beers/ales/whatever might be cold and in the fridge and follows her up to the roof (flying if he has to).

"The stars seem bright tonight, gospod..." he says as he comes up behind her so as not to startle. "My mother and father would tell me our people's stories about the constellations up there when I was a pup, and then my uncle taught me some things about their more scientific side. I'm told the humans were able to travel up there before the Cataclysm -- I wonder if any of them are still out there..." He hands her a drink. "Sorry if I'm intruding, I just saw you heading off thought the time might be good to talk without worrying about if Dhal needed you." He opens his and takes a sip. "Magic may be my number one obsession, sure, but I also like learning about other peoples and their cultures among other things. I've heard a few things about the Norse during my studies but I'd love to know more. If you don't mind the company, that is."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:30 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 58
Init: 1d20 = 15
Perc: 1d100 = 99
Conditions:

Skills -
Lore: Demon/Monster 69% / 1d100 = 62 - to id Vlad
Lore: Faerie 54% / 1d100 = 14 - to id Vlad

Language: American 108% / 1d100 = 83
Language - Demogagion 80% / 1d100 = 5

Language - Faerie Speak 80% / 1d100 = 90
Charm/Impress 40% / 1d100 = 99

Salvage 69% / 1d100 = 67 - to find a piece of workable wood
Carpentry 84% / 1d100 = 99 - to carve a bear from found salvage


Consumer wrote: The creature looks at Dhaltuun's ham fisted attempts to communicate with a raised eyebrow. "You're a strange one Shifter. though from your stance I am having a hard time telling if you're gonna fight or piss yourself." The creature says with a chuckle. "You aren't from around here are you?" The creature continues. "Most civilized folk start with a hello, or how are you. Though I suppose it's been several hundred years since I've dealt with civilized folk. Not since the world went all topsy turvy and most of the was area reduced rubble." The creature says with a sigh, its short harry arms waving about in what Dhaltuun can only guess is exacerbation.


Dhaltuun chuckles as the creature speaks. As he stands he turns to face his visitor. With a small bow of his head, states in a confident voice ”Me name be Dhaltuun Onxyforge. Loyal follower of Njord, the sea father. No, i am not from around here. I am with the group known as The Templars, out of merctown.” Looking up, he motions to the small camp he has set up. ”If you would join me, i will attempt to make up for my lack of etiquette.” He turns back and pours a mug of beer and puts a handful of jerky in a handkerchief. He hands them out to his visitor.

Consumer wrote: "I'm Vladamir, you're currently camping in what used to be my kitchen." Vladamir says.


As the small creature comes over, it takes the snacks with a small head bow. With a quick intro, vladamir sits on a rock and enjoys the treats. This is when dhaltuun looks around. ”This was your home? Must have been nice.” He takes a moment to look around with the eyes of a skilled woodworker. ”If this was your house, why are ye still here? If ye don’t mind my asking.” He picks up a piece of wood and starts to whittle it. ”as this was his house, i will make him something to remember it from its bones, so to say.” He continues to work as he speaks.

Pausing for a bite of jerky and a sip of beer, Dhaltuun looks at Vladamir. ”I asked my lord to send me some assistance, not a slave to do my bidding.” He closes his eyes and takes a deep breathe ”That topic always gets me worked up.” With a small bow of his head, ”Sorry. Touchy subject. slavery.” He takes another sip of beer ’Where was i? Oh yes. I am young in the service of my lord. I am looking for a helper in all duties, as well as may be a confident. The sous chef to my master chef.” Another [pause for beer ”There is another already in my service. Her name is Jessie and she is a valkyrie. My travel companion and sworn protector. So thoughts?”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:01 pm

Mini-GM Update
Skills
Lore: Demon/Monster (To Identify Vladamir): He is a Domovoi, a house spirit or goblin, Dhaltuun can't remember which.
Lore: Faerie (To Identify Vlad): Not a Faerie you're sure of.
Salvage (To find a piece of workable wood): Dhaltuun finds a fallen branch, not a worked piece of wood can be seen.
Carpentry (To carve a bear from found salvage): Take 1 damage, as you cut your thumb with your knife.


Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Me name be Dhaltuun Onxyforge. Loyal follower of Njord, the sea father. No, i am not from around here. I am with the group known as The Templars, out of merctown.” Looking up, he motions to the small camp he has set up. ”If you would join me, i will attempt to make up for my lack of etiquette.” He turns back and pours a mug of beer and puts a handful of jerky in a handkerchief. He hands them out to his visitor.


The Domovoi named Vladamir shrugs and makes his way near Dhaltuun. "Well food and drink are a start." The Domovoi says as he plops down and takes the beer and a few pieces of jerky.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”This was your home? Must have been nice.” He takes a moment to look around with the eyes of a skilled woodworker. ”If this was your house, why are ye still here? If ye don’t mind my asking.”


Vladamir nods. "Was a two bedroom one bath colonial style, built in the fifties. Got destroyed in the calamity, and I just stayed where I was because I had nowhere else to go. There's enough food and drink around here to survive easily, especially for someone like myself." Vladamir says with a smirk and a chuckle.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”I asked my lord to send me some assistance, not a slave to do my bidding.” He closes his eyes and takes a deep breathe. With a small bow of his head, ”Sorry. Touchy subject. slavery.” He takes another sip of beer ’Where was i? Oh yes. I am young in the service of my lord. I am looking for a helper in all duties, as well as may be a confident. The sous chef to my master chef.”



"Sounds fun, but what's in it for your Sous Chef?" Vladamir says questioningly.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”There is another already in my service. Her name is Jessie and she is a valkyrie. My travel companion and sworn protector. So thoughts?”


Vladamir shrugs. "Depends on what your offering. I am looking to find somewhere else to go, but I'm not going to just go for nothing." The Domovoi says expectantly.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:15 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 87
Init: 1d20 = 19
Perc: 1d100 = 17
Conditions:

Skills - N/A

Consumer wrote: The Domovoi named Vladamir shrugs and makes his way near Dhaltuun. "Well food and drink are a start." The Domovoi says as he plops down and takes the beer and a few pieces of jerky.


Dhaltuun absently chews on jerky while he watches the little guy. ”Correct me if i am wrong, but are you a domovoi? I have read about you guys in my learnings but never had the honor to meet one.” He takes a sip of beer.

Consumer wrote: Vladamir nods. "Was a two bedroom one bath colonial style, built in the fifties. Got destroyed in the calamity, and I just stayed where I was because I had nowhere else to go. There's enough food and drink around here to survive easily, especially for someone like myself." Vladamir says with a smirk and a chuckle.


Dhaltuun’s eyebrows rise at the mention of the house. ”Wow!! Old colonial?? Must have been beautiful. As a woodworker *looks at finger*, usually not bloody. HeHe, i like the old style of buildings. Stone and wood. Better than plastic and steel anyday.” He takes another sip of beer.

Dhaltuun listens to the quick story told by the domovoi. When asked about compensation, Dhaltuun raises one eyebrow and looks right in the little guy’s eys. ”what’n ye be after? I can offer a home, good companions, and …..??”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 54

Dexter walks up to where everyone has gather around the campfire. Touching his index finger and thumb to the brim of his hat, as he stops walking. He makes a loud gruff and clear his throat. ”Even’in.” Dexter the finds his way over to an open seat and sits down. ”All quiet on the western front, me hopes. Wouldn't want no giant beetles come popin’ round. Now would we?” Dexter watches Salomon and the others perform their introductions.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 80 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 86

Consumer wrote:"Likely something that will make my day harder."


Two Claws laughs as Bob makes his comment.

"Sorry, don't mean to laugh but I find it a bit ironic. No, no. People don't make lives easier. If the professor went around making your life easier then I'd assume you'd get bored pretty quick but then again you'd have more time for painting. It's a trade off I guess."

Two Claws show a heart warming smile in Bob's direction. She then looks down at the fire before stoking it. Watching intently as the sparks and flying embers are mixed among the swirling smoke rising to the stars. Getting lost in her own thoughts, only broken up by the arrival of the group.

Salomon wrote:"Those are undoubtedly important and crucial roles to play - especially in a group of this size!" he remarks. "I have studied military fortifications and know how to set up some defenses, though most of what I would do, with some exception, would take time and advance preparation. What is your assessment of the threat risk to the camp, currently?"


"Well, as for fortifications and defenses, I'm not to well versed but what what I do know is that most of the wildlife steer clear of the camp. That doesn't mean we won't get any visitors, tho. I've seen no other signs of anything else that might be threatening. Do, I'd say our threat level is on the low side but I'd still keep a sharp eye out though. In the meantime, if you ever want a sparring partner, I'd be glad to show you a few thing."

Dexter wrote:”All quiet on the western front, me hopes. Wouldn't want no giant beetles come popin’ round. Now would we?”


"No giant beetles? Awe, that doesn't sound like any fun at all. Where's your sense of excitement. I think that beetle should have stuck around a bit longer. I never had furry beetle before. Anyone knows what it tastes like? May Dhaltunn know, since her is our residential chef, so to speak. Anyone seen where he scampered off to?"

Two Claws has a sarcastic smile when she makes a jab a Dexter. Giving him a wink if he should look at her. When she starts to ask about Dhaltunn, she stands up and looks around to find him.
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:07 pm

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )
Two Claws wrote:"No giant beetles? Awe, that doesn't sound like any fun at all. Where's your sense of excitement. I think that beetle should have stuck around a bit longer. I never had furry beetle before. Anyone knows what it tastes like? May Dhaltunn know, since her is our residential chef, so to speak. Anyone seen where he scampered off to?"

”Excitement?! No, lass, bugs be not me kind of fun. Not even itty bitty ones. Now get me in a workshop and me be happy as a fly on shift. Fixing or buildin’ sumtin’ gets me blood moving. Me cuz’? No haven't seen him since he left. Me thought he came back already. Hey?! Aren't you a tracker? And you lost someone? Tis be funny.” Dexter finishes with a chuckle. He pulls out another cigar and light it up. Taking a few drags and savoring the taste. The smell of cigar and campfire fill his nostrils. This reminds me of summers wit me pa’. Wonder if any of DeSean gets know any scary stories.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:32 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

Rufus wrote:Rufus also follows Jason around as he gives Salomon the grand tour of the Behemoth. His ears prick up when the high magus starts talking about his talents.

He makes dodging motions with a chuckle. "Careful, Sal, you'll put someone's eye out that way..."


Salomón grins at the Kankoran, flicking out a few loose jabs to play along with the dodging motions.

Stick and move, stick and move....

Rufus wrote:Once the moment has passed though, he clears his throat. "You say you're skilled with computers and with engineering, eh? I've been working on integrating an A.I. unit into the Behemoth's systems to act as a sounding board and an emergency pilot -- could really use your help if you'd be interested. Get settled in tonight and we can confab in the morning."


At Rufus' question, he replies, "That sounds interesting! AI, you say? Hmm..." Salomón thoughtfully strokes his chin. "I confess that Artificial Intelligence is one area I don't have a lot of expertise in, but if you do, sure - I will help as much as I can. Maybe I'll learn some things along the way about AI too, yes?" he says cheerfully to his newfound teammate and friend.

Two Claws wrote:"Well, as for fortifications and defenses, I'm not to well versed but what what I do know is that most of the wildlife steer clear of the camp. That doesn't mean we won't get any visitors, tho. I've seen no other signs of anything else that might be threatening. Do, I'd say our threat level is on the low side but I'd still keep a sharp eye out though. In the meantime, if you ever want a sparring partner, I'd be glad to show you a few thing."


Salomón nods solemnly and replies to Two Claws' threat assessment, "A competent assessment. I confess, I don't know as much about life in the wilderness as I'd like. Maybe I can learn some things from you. I will keep my senses sharp!".

To her suggestion that they spar, the Amaki replies, "Sure - maybe you can show me a thing or two! I am always willing to learn valuable things from others. That is kind of you to offer- thank you, Two Claws" he says with a friendly smile and bow.
Last edited by Salomón on Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Jason Long » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 20 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 63

Salomón wrote:At Rufus' question, he replies, "That sounds interesting! AI, you say? Hmm..." Salomón thoughtfully strokes his chin. "I confess that Artificial Intelligence is one area I don't have a lot of expertise in, but if you do, sure - I will help as much as I can. Maybe I'll learn some things along the way about AI too, yes?" he says cheerfully to his newfound teammate and friend.


As Jason hears this, he grins and adds, "Just be careful, the A.I. in question has had psychotic breaks before. 50-50 chance it will try to kill you and serve you as ice cream or just serve you ice cream. You mentioned engineering. Do you have any experience with complex, multi-purpose machines? A previous team member and I had been working on upgrades to Bonaparte, but he left before we got much into the design phase. " Jason realizes that he hasn't introduced Salomon to Bonaparte yet. "Sorry, Bonaparte is my partner. A VHT-1 Spartas Veritech Hover Tank. He is probably the last surviving VHT that was not upgraded to at least -1A specifications. I can show you in the morning. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Jason Long wrote:
Salomón wrote:At Rufus' question, he replies, "That sounds interesting! AI, you say? Hmm..." Salomón thoughtfully strokes his chin. "I confess that Artificial Intelligence is one area I don't have a lot of expertise in, but if you do, sure - I will help as much as I can. Maybe I'll learn some things along the way about AI too, yes?" he says cheerfully to his newfound teammate and friend.


As Jason hears this, he grins and adds, "Just be careful, the A.I. in question has had psychotic breaks before. 50-50 chance it will try to kill you and serve you as ice cream or just serve you ice cream. You mentioned engineering. Do you have any experience with complex, multi-purpose machines? A previous team member and I had been working on upgrades to Bonaparte, but he left before we got much into the design phase. " Jason realizes that he hasn't introduced Salomon to Bonaparte yet. "Sorry, Bonaparte is my partner. A VHT-1 Spartas Veritech Hover Tank. He is probably the last surviving VHT that was not upgraded to at least -1A specifications. I can show you in the morning. "


Salomón nods to Jason and replies, "Your warning about the A.I. will be heeded. Thank you for that." I can't tell if he's serious, or....?

When Jason asks his engineering question, Salomón's brow furrows for a moment. "I can't say I've heard of this vehicle you refer to... but, most vehicles follow certain common principles, so I will do my best to figure it out. What sort of power source does it have, and where is it from? Morning sounds good, I look forward to seeing it!" he says to Jason, interested in learning about the vehicle the Templar team leader seems so fond of, yet the Amaki knows nothing about.

I wonder if Leizak has heard of this 'VHT-1 Spartas Veritch Hover Tank' of which Jason speaks? he muses, as he makes a mental note to send a message to the High Lord Creator of Dweomer later.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Dhaltuun and Vladamir

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun absently chews on jerky while he watches the little guy. ”Correct me if i am wrong, but are you a domovoi? I have read about you guys in my learnings but never had the honor to meet one.” He takes a sip of beer.


The creture named Vladamir nods. "We'll you're more knowledgeable than you look Dwarf. We're not very common here, more so in the distant snowy lands of Russia. " Vladamir says before eating a handful of jerky.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun’s eyebrows rise at the mention of the house. ”Wow!! Old colonial?? Must have been beautiful. As a woodworker *looks at finger*, usually not bloody. HeHe, i like the old style of buildings. Stone and wood. Better than plastic and steel anyday.” He takes another sip of beer.


"It looked like every other house on the street really, I think you're confusing Colonial-style house with Colonial house. In either case, it was a nice house." The Domovoi says drinking half of the beer he was given.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun listens to the quick story told by the domovoi. When asked about compensation, Dhaltuun raises one eyebrow and looks right in the little guy’s eys. ”what’n ye be after? I can offer a home, good companions, and …..??”


"You don't do this too often do you?" Vladmir says with a smirk. The Domovoi thinks for a moment, his finger stroking his hairy chin. "You will owe me a favor, I will ask something of you and you will do what I ask. Failure will be treated harshly." Vladamir says, though his words seem like a threat they come out in a friendly tone. Dhaltuun remembers a particular piece of information from his past education, Domovoi can be very vindictive.



The Camp

The group continues to talk. Two Claws looks about but is unsure where the Dwarf Shifter has gone off to. The night grows late and most of the crew has gone to bed. Given that the Professor says the group will be leaving in the morning, it makes getting some rest a good idea.



The next day at camp.

Dhaltuun arrives relatively early in the morning, he still looks a mess, but now he has a white and black tiger striped cat (Normal Cat size) with him. The camp makes breakfast and the Professor coordinates his people. He is leaving behind his assistant Kevin, Reep the Ratling, and Dr. Nguyen. They offer to take the group in their Pathmaker, to keep the number of vehicles to a minimum.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 5 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 11

Dexter wakes in the morning, rather somewhat refreshed. He performs his morning routine before head off the gather up with the other Templars. He offers a small nod and a gruff ”Morning.”, as he sees everyone for the first time today. Heading of to the kitchen area and grabs a cup of coffee, Dexter notices Dhaltunn arrives into camp, including his new found friend. Oh grate, now we got two kittens. Ain't gett'n in de middle of dhat fight. Dhats fur sure. Now all we need is sum horses and we could have ourselves a zoo. Da Traveling Templar Troupe. Da triple T. Dexter chuckles as he thinks of the weird ideas of the Templars as a circus or traveling show.

Dexter responds when the professor offers to take the entire group in group in his pathfinder. ”Well dat does sound like a good ideer but me thinks if we have one or two small vehicles as well, than we can be better prepared for any situation. Am all fur savi'n resources and less attention but as da sayi'n goes “Dont put all your eggs in one basket, or sum’ding like dat. Me have me ATV. What else do’we have fur smaller vehicles?”
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 64 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 5
JIC (100): 1d100 = 26


Consumer wrote:The next day at camp.

Dhaltuun arrives relatively early in the morning, he still looks a mess, but now he has a white and black tiger striped cat (Normal Cat size) with him. The camp makes breakfast and the Professor coordinates his people. He is leaving behind his assistant Kevin, Reep the Ratling, and Dr. Nguyen. They offer to take the group in their Pathmaker, to keep the number of vehicles to a minimum.


Salomón is up at the crack of dawn and, after some calisthenics and his morning rituals (colloquial meaning, not literal "magic" rituals), puts on his newly empowered armor and heads outside to meet with the rest of the group.

He looks around for Jason, wondering where the vehicle is that the leader had mentioned last night.

I am eager to learn about this 'Veritech' vehicle. He even has a name for it - Bonaparte as I recall. It must mean a great deal to him.

Salomón greets any remaining group members he sees and listens to the Professor and others discuss the day's business, going over in his mind what sorts of spells might be helpful for their plans.

When he sees Dhaltuun return, he is reminded of what the Shifter said previously.

Njord, I believe, was the name... hmm thinks the High Magus as he tries to recall any information about the god that Dhaltuun mentioned he serves.

Skill Roll
Mythology (Njord) --> 1d100 = 59 / 36%
Last edited by Salomón on Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 am

JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 35
Init: 1d20 = 11
Perc: 1d100 = 64
Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills - N/A

With a small bow of his head and a raised mug, Dhaltuun acknowledges the compliment. As his hand lowers, he snaps his head up and looks at Vlad with wide eyes. ”Russia? Your journey must be a tale to hear.” He watches as his little friend continues speaking. Absentmindedly munching on jerky as they talk.

Consumer wrote:"It looked like every other house on the street really, I think you're confusing Colonial-style house with Colonial house. In either case, it was a nice house." The Domovoi says drinking half of the beer he was given.


”My apologizes. Something else i can learn from you.” He offers to refill Vlad’s mug. ”I am certain you can teach me a few things.” He adds with a playful smirk.

Consumer wrote:"You don't do this too often do you?" Vladmir says with a smirk.


With a mild blush, Dhaltuun takes a deep breathe, sets his mug down. He lets out a small breathe and settles in his spot. It is apparent that he is nervous. ”Swift Dhal. You are supposed to be representing your lord. Not a school girl on her first date. Take a breathe and get it together.” He raises his eyes to the sky for a moment before settling them on Vlad. ”Ye be correct. I am just a lad, new to the service of my lord. He helped my friend, Marcella, and i offered my loyalty in return. I have no teacher, just experiences. All i know is Njord will let me know his feelings. One way or another. *sip of beer* So i am winging it.”

Consumer wrote: The Domovoi thinks for a moment, his finger stroking his hairy chin. "You will owe me a favor, I will ask something of you and you will do what I ask. Failure will be treated harshly." Vladamir says, though his words seem like a threat they come out in a friendly tone. Dhaltuun remembers a particular piece of information from his past education, Domovoi can be very vindictive.


Dhaltuun stops and thinks on this. ”that is a strange request. That is squirrely but Njord wouldn't send me someone that do me harm. My lord is better than that. So i will agree. If this is a trick, the Templars can help.” he looks straight into Vlad’s eyes ”i agree, but so is betrayal.” with a grin, Dhaltuun stands and brushes his pants off. While putting on the rest of his gear, Dhaltuun looks over at Vlad. ”so do we have an accord?” Once they are in agreement, they head back to camp.



The next day at camp.

Consumer wrote:Dhaltuun arrives relatively early in the morning, he still looks a mess, but now he has a white and black tiger striped cat (Normal Cat size) with him.


As they walk, Dhaltuun asks ”I trust the Templars with my life, but your life is not mine. Do you want me to tell them about you or are you just another *air quotes* animal? Until you decide, be a small animal.” He walks a bit farther ”They know i am a shifter in Njord’s service. They also know i ask my lord for assistance and he often sends it. So i dont think they will be a threat to you in any way. And if they do, you are with me… i will defend me and mine.” As Dhaltuun enters the camp, he notices breakfast.

He heads off to find Jason. ”Capt. I am so sorry. I messed up the sices and made an embarring mess, then i ran out. This is something i feel shame for and would like to fix. Please let me know what i can do.” it shuld be apparent that this is tough for the proud dwarf. As soon as he finishes speaking, Dhalltuun lets out a breathe and squares his shoulders.

”Once i left the tavern, i felt shamed. I went to commune with my lord. This helped, and my lord also sent me some more help. This is Vladimar. He is here to help with no combat stuff around here, and hopefully help me with my shifter stuff.” He steps back and motions to the cat. ”what is that smell?” Dhaltuun takes a sniff, and realizes how hungry he is. ”Pardon me sir. That smells good and i am hungry.” With a small nervous bow of his head and shoulders, and he heads off to breakfast. ’Come Vlad.”

Consumer wrote: The camp makes breakfast and the Professor coordinates his people.


Dexter wrote: Dexter wakes in the morning, rather somewhat refreshed. He performs his morning routine before head off the gather up with the other Templars. He offers a small nod and a gruff ”Morning.”, as he sees everyone for the first time today. Heading of to the kitchen area and grabs a cup of coffee, Dexter notices Dhaltunn arrives into camp, including his new found friend.


Dhaltuun follows his trained nose over to the kitchen area. As he goes, he see Dexter. With a wave, he says ”Morgenfetter.” He follows the other dwarf, also getting coffee. ”Fetter. This is my new friend Vlad. He is joining my little team.” looking around, he asks ”Have you seen Jessie? I feel bad and want to apologize.” He turns and looks straight at Dexter. ”Fetter, i must apologize for my actions of late. I never meant to show insult of dishonour our heritage. I promise to make amends.” With another small bow of his head, ”please excuse me.” he moves off to find the others. ”*mental shiver* that makes me feel weak, but i know it is something i need to do. Holding in bad feelings makes for stupid problems.” There is feeling of relief as he finishes the thought. ’thank ye father.”

Finally letting his nose guide him back to breakfast, grabs a plate and sits down, Dhaltuun listens the prof talk about his plans. Hearing that some are staying behind, Dhal looks down at Vlad. ”What do you think? Mind staying at home *points at Behemoth* and keep an eye on things around here for me?” As he listens to Dexter and the prof, he offers up his buggy. ”She aint much, but she gets me where i need to go. Yours if you need it.” He finishes his food and excuses himself, then he goes to find Jessie. Moving off he offers a wave and a ”morning to any others he sees. ”I need to find Jessie. I must have really hurt her yesterday. I am an ass.” He keeps looking.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Jason Long » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 74

Jaon wakes up in the mornings and goes for a quick run to loosen up and wake up. He gets back to camp and checks in with Dhaltuun on he way to see what's for breakfast.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: ”Capt. I am so sorry. I messed up the sices and made an embarring mess, then i ran out. This is something i feel shame for and would like to fix. Please let me know what i can do.” it shuld be apparent that this is tough for the proud dwarf. As soon as he finishes speaking, Dhalltuun lets out a breathe and squares his shoulders.

”Once i left the tavern, i felt shamed. I went to commune with my lord. This helped, and my lord also sent me some more help. This is Vladimar. He is here to help with no combat stuff around here, and hopefully help me with my shifter stuff.” He steps back and motions to the cat. ”what is that smell?”[/b] Dhaltuun takes a sniff, and realizes how hungry he is. ”Pardon me sir. That smells good and i am hungry.” With a small nervous bow of his head and shoulders, and he heads off to breakfast. ’Come Vlad.”


" Don't worry about it. The Templar have survived worse. Rufus can explain in detail of another incident in front of a client involving a loaded buffet. " Looking to the cat, Jason remembers that Dhaltuun's helpers are more than they seem. He bows to the cat, "Vladimar, welcome. I hope you can aid us in our endeavors. Now if you two will excuse me. I need to wash up and run a systems check on Bonaparte while breakfast is prepared."

Taking his leave. Jason heads into the Behemoth to quickly shower. He powers up Bonaparte and calls Salomon over. "This, Salomon, is Bonaparte. My oldest friend and partner. " Jason does a systems check including cycling through the three modes. He gives Salomon a quick run down on Bonaparte's capabilities. Jason's devotion to the old tank is obvious and serious, but not quite to the point of being disturbing. "A prior team mate was working with me to make some upgrades. If that is something you might be able to assist with, I would be grateful." Jason answers any questions Salomon has until breakfast is ready.

Once the team eats and loads up to move out, Jason explains that he will bring Bonaparte for security and any heavy lifting that may be required.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:13 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 48 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 11

Two Claws wakes with the cresting of the sun above the horizon. With the birds singing, she takes a stroll around camp. As the rest of the camp begins to stir, she watches quietly. As Dhaltunn returns to camp, she notices a new friend in tow.

That's where he must have went off to. He must feel inadequate to acquire so many companions. Maybe it's some part of his dwarven culture. I would think he would try and summon greater servants if it was his magick. That's weird, Tony is talking to it. Hmmm. Maybe it's a shapechanger. That would be interesting in deed.

Two Claws eats breakfast with the rest of the Templars, in silence. She helps load up the gear in whatever vehicles the group decides to bring along. Making sure she grabs her bow and arrows before they head out.
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:12 am

( rolls carried over )
Dhaltunn wrote:”Morgenfetter.” He follows the other dwarf, also getting coffee. ”Fetter. This is my new friend Vlad. He is joining my little team.” looking around, he asks ”Have you seen Jessie? I feel bad and want to apologize.” He turns and looks straight at Dexter. ”Fetter, i must apologize for my actions of late. I never meant to show insult of dishonour our heritage. I promise to make amends.” With another small bow of his head, ”please excuse me.”


”Pleasure to meet ya, Vlad.” Dexter bends down to pet the cat on the top of the head. “We always doin’ sum tin’, so at le'st it won't be bor'n. No I have seen Jesse dis mornin. Dishonor? Nah, not acordi'n to me book. If that's the worst ya do, then we'll be all good. Wonder what type of creature Vlad be.”

if he thinks that's bad then he should see me when I get shit faced. Me got no filter from me brain to me mouth. Hopefully we don't get to see that side of me. Would it be rude to ask? Maybe later.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:47 am

**ROLLS CARRIED**

Skill Rolls
All of these rolls are to determine Bonaparte's capabilities and specifications, as well as supplement any information that Jason provides about it.
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100 = 38 / 51%
Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100 = 50 / 46%
Weapons Engineer -- 1d100 = 13 / 46%
Vehicle Armorer -- 1d100 = 19 / 46%
Basic Mechanics -- 1d100 = 6 / 56%


Jason Long wrote:He powers up Bonaparte and calls Salomon over. "This, Salomon, is Bonaparte. My oldest friend and partner. " Jason does a systems check including cycling through the three modes. He gives Salomon a quick run down on Bonaparte's capabilities. Jason's devotion to the old tank is obvious and serious, but not quite to the point of being disturbing. "A prior team mate was working with me to make some upgrades. If that is something you might be able to assist with, I would be grateful." Jason answers any questions Salomon has until breakfast is ready.


The High Magus looks over the unique vehicle methodically and carefully.

Fascinating. This appears to be more versatile and advanced than anything I've seen - at least, technologically. The three modes in particular are interesting. I can't wait to get into its "guts" and learn more.

"A most impressive machine, sir." says the Amaki to Jason. "I will be more than happy to assist in any way I can, including upgrades and repairing the damaged areas here," he says, pointing at Bonaparte's damaged Arm Shields.

"But first, some questions, if I may..." says Salomón, and he then proceeds to ask some:

Questions to Jason about Bonaparte
  • Where did you get this technology from?
  • What fuel and energy source does it use?
  • What are the weapons systems, and what are their ranges, accuracy, and destructive capacities? Does this change depending upon the mode?
  • If it uses projectile ammunition, what kind(s) and where do you acquire the ammunition?
  • What sort of sensory and communications suites does Bonaparte possess?
  • What is Bonaparte's cruising speed? Top speed? Do they differ in each mode?
  • Is there any sort of AI or advanced intelligence built in?
  • Is everything on Bonaparte working properly?
  • Do you have blueprints, schematics, a field/service manual, or any documentation - or do you know where I can find some?
  • Is there any other pertinent information you need me to know about in regards to Bonaparte?


Jason Long wrote:Once the team eats and loads up to move out, Jason explains that he will bring Bonaparte for security and any heavy lifting that may be required.


Salomón nods to the group leader.

A wise choice. One wonders if we are expecting trouble?
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Jason Long » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 15


Jason lights up a cigar and takes some time answering Salomon's questions.

"Bonaparte and I are from a different dimension. In our world, VHT's are the elite heavy ground mechs of the Southern Cross military; the Alpha Tactical Armored Corp. He was issued to me prior to the second robotech war. The history of my world is probably left for another discussion since it is so different from this world's. Bonaparte is an early model of the VHT, which stands for Veritech Hover Tank. I've been told that veritech was a term coined in the early days of robotechnology that referred to the ability of a mech to change forms. Therefor variable-technology. He is powered by a miniaturized New Macross fusion turbine engine with an output of about 2500 horsepower. " Jason deploys Bonaparte's mounted weapons. "Hi primary weapons are the 105mm MCR-68A1 cannon. The range and destructive potential varies greatly, depending on the shell, with Armor Piercing-Fin Stabilized-Discarding Sabot having the longest range of about 6.4km. He can also fire plasma shells, High Explosive Anti Tank, Multi-Purpose Anti Tank, Cannister, and smoke rounds. I have sources back in Merc-Town that custom make ammunition. " Jason slides over to the ion-pulse cannon. "This little beauty is the MIW-20 triple barrel ion pulse cannon. It is a rapid fire energy weapon, primarily designed for close in defense and anti-infantry roles. Its range is shorter, about 550 meters, but it being a directed energy weapon tied in to the reactor, it has no ammo concerns. The third standard weapon is the EU-11 gun pod. Bonaparte uses it as a forward mounted weapon in transport mode and as a rifle in battloid mode. It is a 30mm, select fire, laser rifle. It has a range of about 1200meters and is highly accurate. It is powered by a capacitor that is good for 140 single shots or 28 bursts. It recharges constantly while in its rack. The mace is something I added when I came to this world and we started fighting supernatural beings. Bonaparte really does more damage with his fists, but the mace gives reach and electric shock ability. " Jason retracts all of the weapons and shows Salomon around the cockpit. "Bonaparte mounts a phased array radar, passive night vision. infared senosrs, a thermal imager, tactical cameras, and a motion sensor. His comm suite is limited to a military band radio which is capable of encryption, wide area and directional broadcasts. He doesn't have an A.I., just a basic combat computer. And, no, he does not have any cup holders, which is a major design flaw." Jason smiles at repeating the old joke from the VHT basic school. "I also don't have any blue-prints or design specs. I only have the basic service manual that was issued with the tank"

Jason takes a quick look around to make sure the rest of the team aren't waiting on them, then continues into Bonaparte's movement abilities in each mode. His pride in Bonaparte is even more obvious the longer he talks. He finishes his briefing with, "Right now, everything is functioning on Bonaparte. There are several upgrades and modifications that I would like to make or have made. Some should be simple programming changes while others are more drastic. Bonaparte was designed with the ion cannon as being only available in guardian mode. There is a lock-out which prevents it from being deployed in Battloid mode. I would like to have that changed. Also. later marks had an armored canopy with full environmental sealing installed. There were issues with the VR systems on the prototypes, so it wasn't included in the first generation. I would like to have a basic A.I. installed that can handle simple functions, like coming when called, sentry duty, those kinds of things. Finally, force field technology was no really available back home. But I've seen forcefields on body armor here. Adding that to Bonaparte's defenses would help keep my old friend in the fight longer. "

After that run down Jason realizes that he needs a fresh cigar and some coffee. "We can talk more later on."
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:42 am

Rolls Held

Thanking the Templars for their forgiveness as he speaks to each member, Dhaltuun continues his search for his favorite valkyrie. ”I need to clean up. I still feel gross.” He looks down at Vlad ”Alright. I am gonna find Jessie and apologize then grab a shower. Follow or wander up to you.” He looks around for Jessie. As he pans his head, he notices Two Claws helping out. ”I should talk to Dex about making her some arrows or even a bow.”


Finding Jessie, dhaltuun rubs his head in a nervous way, then slowly approaches her. ”excuse me, M’lady. May I get a moment? I humbly ask your forgiveness at my embarrassing action at the tavern. My shame led me to run like a coward.’ He hangs his head as he continues. ”I went and found a quiet spot to meditate. So I did, and ended up communing with my lord *small hand sign* who has sent another to help me .” He takes a step back and motions down. ”Let me introduce Vlad. As you were both sent by Njord *small hand sign* I will tell you this. He is a Domovoi.” He looks down ”Vlad. This is my second, Jessie. A noble and mighty Valkryie. She is my right hand and my protector. But mainly my friend and advisor, as I hope you will be.”

With a small head bow, Dhaltuun looks back and forth between them. ”I am heading in the Behemoth to clean up and check the kitchen. My galley has been alone too long *chuckle*.” With that, he moves off to clean up and continue getting ready for the next leg.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Rufus » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 3



Salomón wrote:At Rufus' question, he replies, "That sounds interesting! AI, you say? Hmm..." Salomón thoughtfully strokes his chin. "I confess that Artificial Intelligence is one area I don't have a lot of expertise in, but if you do, sure - I will help as much as I can. Maybe I'll learn some things along the way about AI too, yes?" he says cheerfully to his newfound teammate and friend.


Jason Long wrote:As Jason hears this, he grins and adds, "Just be careful, the A.I. in question has had psychotic breaks before. 50-50 chance it will try to kill you and serve you as ice cream or just serve you ice cream. You mentioned engineering. Do you have any experience with complex, multi-purpose machines? A previous team member and I had been working on upgrades to Bonaparte, but he left before we got much into the design phase. " Jason realizes that he hasn't introduced Salomon to Bonaparte yet. "Sorry, Bonaparte is my partner. A VHT-1 Spartas Veritech Hover Tank. He is probably the last surviving VHT that was not upgraded to at least -1A specifications. I can show you in the morning. "


Rufus puts on his best 'hurt face' as Jason chimes in. "Tristo kosmatih medvedov!* I'll have you know I ran a level one diagnostic, completely flushed his cache and reset his personality defaults -- he should be as harmless as the lady behind the counter at the Job Market Cafe. You know, the one with the piled-high hairdo and that always calls overyone 'honey...'" Watch, now that I've said that she'll be some grizzled ex-merc who's killed a couple hundred soldiers in their sleep or something.

He looks back at Sal. "Yeah, about that... when we came across him in one of Captain Nemo's old bases he was... 'malfunctioning.' Comes from going too long without a reboot. Anyway, some hijinks ensued before we were able to get him to stand down. Had thoughts about opening an ice cream venture on the side but apparently the support staff didn't like him being around so they shut him completely down while we were out in the field." He rubs his chin. "Come to think about it though, maybe it's not the best idea to wire him into the Behemoth. At least to start with. You don't know of any old Skelebot or labor bot chassis available for cheap, do you?"

He continues to think on this as he heads outside.

--------------------------------

Rufus awakens the next morning and reflects on his conversation with the valkyrie the night before while he goes through his morning routine. It's all well and good to study mythology in the classroom, but hearing it straight from the horse's mouth? That puts the old lectures to shame... he thinks to himself. Though Professor Veh likely wouldn't appreciate me saying that. Probably don't need to say that where Jessie can hear either... he adds with a chuckle.

OOC Comments
I'm going to assume they talked at length about Asgard/Norse mythology -- for lack of a better term -- in the absence of results being mentioned in the GM post. Nothing too specific, but my intent here was to provide an IC start to his desire to visit and ask for the Gift of Yggdrasil. May never happen of course but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. :)


As he heads outside for breakfast, his nose catches some familiar scents (and one not-so-familiar one). Once his eyes settle on a particular bedraggled dwarf he can't help but laugh. Looks like Dhal took the phrase literally...** "Well, look what the cat dragged in. Literally, apparently..." He chuckles as he walks up to the dwarf and claps him on the shoulder. "Dobro jutro, prijatelj*** -- we were starting to get a bit worried. I almost asked Jason if I could have your cabin if you didn't get back..." he chuckles before a second whiff makes him visibly cringe. "Okay, first things first... you smell like you've been rolling around in a dumpster bin outside a Chinese restaurant. Hold still." He holds onto Dhal's shoulder and mutters "ধোয়া..." as a wave of magical energy flows over the dwarf and magically removes dirt, grime, stains, etc., leaving him spotless with his hair and body looking as if he came right out of the shower and his clothes looking like they just came back from the cleaners. "There, that's better..." he dusts his hands off. "Learned that one from a tailor named Elim on Lazlo's Upper East Side. It was his specialty: while-you-wait dry cleaning."

Glancing down at the feline companion he adds. "Now, who's this? Another friend of yours?" Assuming Dhal introduces him he gives a slight bow. "Any prijatelj of Dhaltuun's is a prijatelj of mine. Welcome!" While he takes visual stock of the new arrival he thinks about what Dhal might have brought back with him. Not that he doesn't trust the dwarf (no more or less than anyone else as a matter of general principle), but shifters are known for having 'friends' that are often more than what they seem.

Skill Checks to Identify Who/What Vlad may be
Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100 = 4/62%
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 91/72%
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100 = 4/62%


Consumer wrote:Dhaltuun arrives relatively early in the morning, he still looks a mess, but now he has a white and black tiger striped cat (Normal Cat size) with him. The camp makes breakfast and the Professor coordinates his people. He is leaving behind his assistant Kevin, Reep the Ratling, and Dr. Nguyen. They offer to take the group in their Pathmaker, to keep the number of vehicles to a minimum.


Rufus shrugs. "I'm game. I could also take my hover bike in case we need some scouting done while we're out." If the professor agrees, he'll get it fired up and will travel alongside the Pathmaker.


Translations
*A Slovenian won’t say “Bloody Hell!”… They’ll say, “Three hundred hairy bears!” (Tristo kosmatih medvedov).
**Slovenians don’t get a hangover… They “have a cat” (Imam mačka).
***According to Google Translate this is "Good morning, friend."
Source -- this page. Dunno if it's accurate or not but it's entertaining.

For those who don't know I'm basing the Wolfen language on real-life Slovenian
.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Consumer » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Getting onto the Job

Skills
Salomón: Mythology: Not a clue, doesn't ring any bells.
Rufus: Lore: D-Bee: No D-Bee here, maybe just a cat.
Lore: Demons & Monsters: Possibly a Balor, though the lack of fire and wings makes you unsure.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic: A Russian Fae house creature. They can be a boon to those that treat them right, or a nightmare to those who don't.

Because I missed it from last GM post: Salomón's look into his family finds them all fine and in good health doing things that they would normally be doing.


The group is gathered and they discuss the marching order. The Professor having made the idea of taking one vehicle. This brings a series of Templar saying that they want to take their vehicles. The professor puts a hand to his face and shakes his head. "I now know that none of you have ever been involved in a archeological expedition. The idea is to not make a mess of the area before we can make our investigations. Now I can see the use of Mr. Long bringing his hover tank, it is a hover vehicle so it's less likely to turn up the earth of the site. As for ATVs and Dunebuggies, I'm not sold on the idea of bringing them. The Pathmaker is designed for this kind of terrain, and will unlikely get stuck, I can't say the same for the other vehicles. If you have a better argument for it, I'm willing to listen." The professor says to the assembled group.

Dhaltuun introduces his newest companion, complete with getting his name wrong. The Siberian tiger colored house cat shakes its head several times before just speaking. "It's Vladamir, not Vlad. I'm not a house pet." The cat says before shifting back to it's natural form of a short fur covered humanoid. When Dhaltuun points out the Behemoth as his home. "That's not a home. I don't know what it is, but a home it is not." Vladamir says before shrugging and walking over to the Behemoth and entering it.

Dhaltuun finds Jessie helping Bob load a few items onto their Pathmaker. "Feeling better?" Jessie says. When the dwarf begins his apologies, she stops him. "It's fine, but you are to giving with information. Not everyone needs to know every aspect of your companions. Keep that in mind." Jessie says before patting Dhaltuun on the head.

Approximately twenty minutes later the group is almost ready to go. Bob is piloting the Northern Gun Tank/APC with plenty of room for the rest of the team. Jessie flies outside the vehicle acting as a mobile scout with Jason piloting Bonaparte behind the large tank/APC.

Vladamir stays behind to get a feel for his temporary home.

NG Pathmaker
NG-EV-011 Pathmaker
Model Type: EPC – Exploration Personnel Carrier.
Crew: Two: pilot and co-pilot or communications engineer.
Capacity: Eight passengers in addition to the crew, but another dozen (three dozen if standing) could fit in the cargo area and other rooms, as well as on the exterior for short trips.
Cargo: Various storage spaces and areas inside the housing area, plus an 8x12x9 foot cargo bay.
M.D.C. by Location:
* Searchlights (6) – 18 each
* Winch & Crane (1; rear) – 120
* Forward Headlights (4) – 5 each
* Railings (2; rear) – 12 each
Airlock Hatches (2) – 135 each
* Small Hatches (2; top) – 75 each
* Armored Window Shutter/Gun Port (1; top, forward) – 70
Treads (4) – 120 each
Main Weapon (1; middle of upper turret) – 150
Upper Turret Housing (1) – 250
Reinforced Crew Compartment – 80
Light Rail Gun - 30
** Main Body – 390
* Every item marked by a single asterisk is small and/or difficult to strike. An attacker must make a Called Shot to hit and even then he is -3 to strike.
** Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will immobilize the EPC, but the upper turret with the spotlights, main gun and crane remains operational and can rotate 360 degrees. Depleting the M.D.C. of the Upper Turret Housing knocks out all sensors, optics and communications and shuts the vehicle down completely, rendering it useless. To hit the upper turret an attacker must make a Called Shot (without penalties), otherwise it is presumed all damage goes to the main body. The same is true of the treads and other large, external target areas.lled shot" to hit at -3 to strike.

Statistical Data
Speed: Ground: 75 mph maximum on paved streets and most surfaces; 45 mph on sandy deserts, broken pavement, debris covered paths, and very, very difficult terrain. Woodland environments with their many trees and narrow mountain trails are likely to be the only locations impassable by this vehicle unless there is a wide, well-traveled path to take; maximum speed is likely to be less than 20 mph (32 km) if passable at all.
Water: Fully submersible, the Pathmaker can travel across the lake bed or sea floor at 30 mph.
Maximum depth: 1,000 feet.
Penalties: None in most terrains; -10% to piloting skill on sandy deserts and ice, or through thick fields of underbrush, mud or snow. It is -20% to travel over mountainous regions and areas with large boulders, crater strewn fields or debris fields. The Pathmaker can travel through snow as deep as eight feet and mud as deep as five feet. It has no problems riding across packed snow.

Size:
Height: 19'7", Width: 20', Length: 26'8".
Weight: 28.7 tons fully loaded.
Power System: Nuclear, average 10 years life.
Range: Nuclear: Unlimited.
Skill & Location: Pilot: Tanks & APCs.

Weapon Systems
Main Weapon (1):
Forward facing with a 45 degree up and down arc of fire, but to fire at targets to its sides or rear, the entire upper turret must rotate into position, using up two melee attacks. May be a multi-missile launcher (60%) or laser cannon (40%), pick one.
• Damage: As per missile type.
• Range: As per missile type.
• Rate of Fire: Short- and medium-range missiles can be fired one at a time or in volleys of 2. Mini-missiles can be fired one at a time or in volleys of 2 or 4.
• Payload: Short-Range: 3, Medium-Range: 6 (three missiles in two different firing tubes), and Mini-Missiles: 64. An additional payload of all missiles can be kept in the cargo bay.
Laser Cannon:
• Damage: 1D4x10+6 M.D. per dual blast.
• Range: 4,000'.
• Rate of Fire: Each blast counts as one of the pilot’s or co-pilot’s melee attacks.
• Payload: Effectively unlimited.
Repositionable Searchlights (6):
A bank of three searchlights is located on either side of the upper turret housing. The three can be trained on the same area or target, or aimed separately and pointed at three (six total) different targets or areas. The searchlights can be positioned to light up a large area.
Double-Barreled Light Vehicular Laser:
• Damage: 2D6 M.D. per single shot, 4D6 M.D. per simultaneous dual shot
• Range: 2,000'.
• Payload: Unlimited because the weapon is tied to the power supply.
Light Rail Gun:
The rail gun has 30 M.D.C. and is fixed forward or man operated, requiring a gunner (the latter can rotate 180 degrees).
• Damage: 6D6 M.D. per burst of 20 rounds.
• Range: 3,000'.
• Payload: 2,400 rounds (120 bursts).
Sensor Systems and Features of Note:
Same as those of robot vehicles. A fully, enclosed environmental vehicle.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:27 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 32
Init: 1d20 = 9
Perc: 1d100 = 92
Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills - N/A

"Well, look what the cat dragged in. Literally, apparently..." He chuckles as he walks up to the dwarf and claps him on the shoulder."Dobro jutro, prijatelj*** -- we were starting to get a bit worried. I almost asked Jason if I could have your cabin if you didn't get back..." he chuckles before a second whiff makes him visibly cringe. "Okay, first things first... you smell like you've been rolling around in a dumpster bin outside a Chinese restaurant. Hold still."


Dhaltuun does his rounds of apologizes. When he gets to Rufus, He draws in some air, opens his mouth to speak, but Rufus speaks. Before dhaltuun can get a word in, Rufus casts his spell.

He holds onto Dhal's shoulder and mutters "ধোয়া..." as a wave of magical energy flows over the dwarf and magically removes dirt, grime, stains, etc., leaving him spotless with his hair and body looking as if he came right out of the shower and his clothes look like they just came back from the cleaners. "There, that's better..." he dusts his hands off. "Learned that one from a tailor named Elim on Lazlo's Upper East Side. It was his specialty: while-you-wait dry cleaning."


Once the spell has done it’s thing, dhaltuun looks at down and whistles. ”Thank Elim. That is a useful bit of magic, right there. “ He keeps checking his gear. Noticing how clean it all is, ”I need to learn that?” With a small gulp, ”How do I learn that? Do they teach it at the Collegiate?” He will continue to talk shop with Rufus till The Prof. gathers everyone.

As he listens, he nods in agreement. He raises his hand ”I was only offering the buggy. I see your point and withdraw the said offer. Not useful at this time.” He looks around sheepishly as he lowers his hand. Once the meeting has concluded, dhaltuun continues on his completing of his own “to-do” list.

Dhaltuun introduces his newest companion, complete with getting his name wrong. The Siberian tiger colored housecat shakes its head several times before just speaking. "It's Vladamir, not Vlad. I'm not a house pet." The cat says before shifting back to its natural form of a short fur-covered humanoid. When Dhaltuun points out the Behemoth as his home. "That's not a home. I don't know what it is, but a home it is not." Vladamir says before shrugging and walking over to the Behemoth and entering it.


”I have a bad habit of using short forms of names, I am sorry. Won't happen again. As for the Behemoth, it is our home while in the field, as they say. I will be there in a bit. I will see you then.“ He gives Vladamir a nod and continues on looking for Jessie.

Dhaltuun finds Jessie helping Bob load a few items onto their Pathmaker. "Feeling better?" Jessie says. When the dwarf begins his apologies, she stops him. "It's fine, but you are to giving with information. Not everyone needs to know every aspect of your companions. Keep that in mind." Jessie says before patting Dhaltuun on the head.


”Really? A pat on the head?’ ”Ummm. Thanks but don't pat me. There is a line.” He gives a stern look. He takes a deep breathe ”I may be new to this, but it is I who you work for. I am not a child for you to condescend. I may be inexperienced, so advice. Don't patronize.” He turns to leave. After one step, he turns back ”I do appreciate the advice. I will listen and learn.” Realizing he had time free, due to Rufus, Dhaltuun heads to the Behemoth to load for the trip.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4 / 46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC (20): 1d20 = 16
JIC (100): 1d100 = 71
Rufus wrote:Rufus puts on his best 'hurt face' as Jason chimes in. "Tristo kosmatih medvedov!* I'll have you know I ran a level one diagnostic, completely flushed his cache and reset his personality defaults -- he should be as harmless as the lady behind the counter at the Job Market Cafe. You know, the one with the piled-high hairdo and that always calls overyone 'honey...'"


Salomón smiles at the Kankoran's pretense of being pained by Jason's ribbing.

It is good to see they feel comfortable with each other enough to poke fun at each other. So far, these "Templar" seem to be a group with whom I would feel comfortable. he thinks.

Rufus wrote:He looks back at Sal. "Yeah, about that... when we came across him in one of Captain Nemo's old bases he was... 'malfunctioning.' Comes from going too long without a reboot. Anyway, some hijinks ensued before we were able to get him to stand down. Had thoughts about opening an ice cream venture on the side but apparently the support staff didn't like him being around so they shut him completely down while we were out in the field." He rubs his chin. "Come to think about it though, maybe it's not the best idea to wire him into the Behemoth. At least to start with. You don't know of any old Skelebot or labor bot chassis available for cheap, do you?"


"Unfortunately, Rufus, I do not. Though I am well-versed in most kinds of technology, we Magi prefer the use of magic to power our machines." He leans in toward Rufus in a conspiratorial tone: "There are even rumors of great magical constructs - as great as, or even greater, than, any that fought the Coalition States in the tragic saga of Tolkeen, even. Of course, I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of such Automatons, nor would I have the faintest idea who might know how to create one" he says to Rufus with a peculiar and sly twinkle in his eye.

There is something about this one... I feel as if he can be trusted. I hope I am correct in this assessment.




The next morning...

Jason Long wrote:Jason lights up a cigar and takes some time answering Salomon's questions.

"Bonaparte and I are from a different dimension. In our world, VHT's are the elite heavy ground mechs of the Southern Cross military; the Alpha Tactical Armored Corp. He was issued to me prior to the second robotech war. The history of my world is probably left for another discussion since it is so different from this world's. Bonaparte is an early model of the VHT, which stands for Veritech Hover Tank. I've been told that veritech was a term coined in the early days of robotechnology that referred to the ability of a mech to change forms. Therefor variable-technology. He is powered by a miniaturized New Macross fusion turbine engine with an output of about 2500 horsepower. " Jason deploys Bonaparte's mounted weapons. "Hi primary weapons are the 105mm MCR-68A1 cannon. The range and destructive potential varies greatly, depending on the shell, with Armor Piercing-Fin Stabilized-Discarding Sabot having the longest range of about 6.4km. He can also fire plasma shells, High Explosive Anti Tank, Multi-Purpose Anti Tank, Cannister, and smoke rounds. I have sources back in Merc-Town that custom make ammunition. " Jason slides over to the ion-pulse cannon. "This little beauty is the MIW-20 triple barrel ion pulse cannon. It is a rapid fire energy weapon, primarily designed for close in defense and anti-infantry roles. Its range is shorter, about 550 meters, but it being a directed energy weapon tied in to the reactor, it has no ammo concerns. The third standard weapon is the EU-11 gun pod. Bonaparte uses it as a forward mounted weapon in transport mode and as a rifle in battloid mode. It is a 30mm, select fire, laser rifle. It has a range of about 1200meters and is highly accurate. It is powered by a capacitor that is good for 140 single shots or 28 bursts. It recharges constantly while in its rack. The mace is something I added when I came to this world and we started fighting supernatural beings. Bonaparte really does more damage with his fists, but the mace gives reach and electric shock ability. " Jason retracts all of the weapons and shows Salomon around the cockpit. "Bonaparte mounts a phased array radar, passive night vision. infared senosrs, a thermal imager, tactical cameras, and a motion sensor. His comm suite is limited to a military band radio which is capable of encryption, wide area and directional broadcasts. He doesn't have an A.I., just a basic combat computer. And, no, he does not have any cup holders, which is a major design flaw." Jason smiles at repeating the old joke from the VHT basic school. "I also don't have any blue-prints or design specs. I only have the basic service manual that was issued with the tank"

Jason takes a quick look around to make sure the rest of the team aren't waiting on them, then continues into Bonaparte's movement abilities in each mode. His pride in Bonaparte is even more obvious the longer he talks. He finishes his briefing with, "Right now, everything is functioning on Bonaparte. There are several upgrades and modifications that I would like to make or have made. Some should be simple programming changes while others are more drastic. Bonaparte was designed with the ion cannon as being only available in guardian mode. There is a lock-out which prevents it from being deployed in Battloid mode. I would like to have that changed. Also. later marks had an armored canopy with full environmental sealing installed. There were issues with the VR systems on the prototypes, so it wasn't included in the first generation. I would like to have a basic A.I. installed that can handle simple functions, like coming when called, sentry duty, those kinds of things. Finally, force field technology was no really available back home. But I've seen forcefields on body armor here. Adding that to Bonaparte's defenses would help keep my old friend in the fight longer. "

After that run down Jason realizes that he needs a fresh cigar and some coffee. "We can talk more later on."

Salomón takes out his GAW Refurbished Military Camera and begins recording, listening attentively to everything Jason says. He also takes photographs and videos as Jason gives the rundown and cycles through the different modes of Bonaparte, paying special attention to the components he is unfamiliar with (which, unusually for him, is most of the machine).

I knew this camera would come in handy he thinks to himself. He asks Jason to see the service manual that came with it.

Contingency
If Jason shows Salomón the manual, he will take photographs of the entire thing from cover to cover for future reference and study.


When Jason is finished, Salomón says, "An impressive machine, this Bonaparte. I can see it means a great deal to you."

Then, putting his computer and camera away safely, he says to Jason, "I will condense the recording later into useful notes, and have taken photos and video footage of Bonaparte for reference. It is quite unusual - a style of technology I am unfamiliar with. When you described and showed the engine to me, I could not comprehend how it even functions. My teacher, however - in Dweomer - might know of this kind of technology. I would like to contact him at a later time and see what assistance and advice can be obtained. With your consent, of course."

Leizak will be intrigued, at the very least. The Lords of Magic know almost everything there is to know about magic across the entire Megaverse - and the High Lord Creator has impressive knowledge of many kinds of technology. If anyone would know of this, he would.

Salomón then takes his leave of Jason and moves to interact with the rest of the group before they pack their gear and head out.

Rufus wrote:As he heads outside for breakfast, his nose catches some familiar scents (and one not-so-familiar one). Once his eyes settle on a particular bedraggled dwarf he can't help but laugh. Looks like Dhal took the phrase literally...** "Well, look what the cat dragged in. Literally, apparently..." He chuckles as he walks up to the dwarf and claps him on the shoulder. "Dobro jutro, prijatelj*** -- we were starting to get a bit worried. I almost asked Jason if I could have your cabin if you didn't get back..." he chuckles before a second whiff makes him visibly cringe. "Okay, first things first... you smell like you've been rolling around in a dumpster bin outside a Chinese restaurant. Hold still." He holds onto Dhal's shoulder and mutters "ধোয়া..." as a wave of magical energy flows over the dwarf and magically removes dirt, grime, stains, etc., leaving him spotless with his hair and body looking as if he came right out of the shower and his clothes looking like they just came back from the cleaners. "There, that's better..." he dusts his hands off. "Learned that one from a tailor named Elim on Lazlo's Upper East Side. It was his specialty: while-you-wait dry cleaning."


Salomón sees Dhaltuun and walks over to see what happened with him last night.

Is this the one that disappeared after his unfortunate digestive mishap? The one with the Valkyrie? Yes, I believe that's him... he thinks as he moves closer to the pair and catches the tail end of Rufus' greeting to the Shifter, and then the subsequent spellcasting.

"Ahh, yes, the ever-useful Cleanse incantation." He nods approvingly at Rufus and Dhaltuun while passing by. "I, too, have found it quite helpful at times. You have excellent taste, my furry friend!" he says as he nods politely at Dhaltuun and walks toward the Behemoth Explorer to pack his gear and prepare for the journey. He observes the cat, but decides to address it later, as he doesn't want to make the group late.

The Amaki enters the Behemoth vehicle and puts on his newly enchanted High Magus armor while checking his weapons.

Don't want to get caught with a malfunctioning weapon out there. he thinks to himself.

Skill Roll
Weapons Engineer (once-over on his weapons to ensure functionality and fitness)-- 1d100 = 34/46%


He then heads outside with all his equipment and hops into whatever vehicle he is asked to ride in.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 65

Professor wrote:"I now know that none of you have ever been involved in a archeological expedition. The idea is to not make a mess of the area before we can make our investigations. Now I can see the use of Mr. Long bringing his hover tank, it is a hover vehicle so it's less likely to turn up the earth of the site. As for ATVs and Dunebuggies, I'm not sold on the idea of bringing them. The Pathmaker is designed for this kind of terrain, and will unlikely get stuck, I can't say the same for the other vehicles. If you have a better argument for it, I'm willing to listen."


Dex starts to make a rebuttal. He stands and gets half a sound out before he pauses and sits back down. Hanging his head in disappointment. Nah, the ‘fessor’s right. Me would just tear shit up out there. Now there's less of a chance to break me ride. Still don't mean me have to like it. As Dexter lights up a cigar and walks over to where Rufus and Salomon are talking. ”You know, that's sun'tin me was thinking bout learn'n, is sum more robotics and AI. Like their electrical, cuz damn be if it's the same as a computer. Me mean electricity is electricity. Maybe we can add sum magic component to it but that be when we get back. Automatons, huh? Like giant golems? Sounds like you might know a thing or two about them or at least about the rumors.” After his conversations, Dexter get himself ready to go exploring. Puts his armor on and gives all his equipment a once over before piling himself into the pathfinder. ”Ready to roll out. Da sooner we start, da more time we have to look around.”

OOC Comments
  • Lore: Magic
    --General Knowledge: 25% / 1d100 = 25 - To see if he knows anything about Automatons.
  • Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 50% / 1d100 = 63 - To load his weapons and check his equipment for any problems.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Two Claws » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:51 am

Perception : 1d100 = 29 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 65

"You know hover vehicles cause less damage than your tracked and wheeled ones. If we all ahead horses, that would even be less damage. But then again that's just me talking and I do thank you for trying to minimize the foot traffic, if you will. I hope the spirits favor your expedition today. Shall we start."

As the other members gather a talk about robots and their vehicles, Two Claws can't but seem irritated. She lets out a puff before she mutters to herself loud enough for anyone in earshot to hear. "Boys and their toys. That's all they think about." Two Claws trails off as she helps loading of the vehicles. After all the loading is complete, she will begrudgingly board whichever vehicle has the most personal space available
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Rufus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55/69%
JIC: 1d100 = 7/1d20 = 14

Salomón wrote:"Unfortunately, Rufus, I do not. Though I am well-versed in most kinds of technology, we Magi prefer the use of magic to power our machines." He leans in toward Rufus in a conspiratorial tone: "There are even rumors of great magical constructs - as great as, or even greater, than, any that fought the Coalition States in the tragic saga of Tolkeen, even. Of course, I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of such Automatons, nor would I have the faintest idea who might know how to create one" he says to Rufus with a peculiar and sly twinkle in his eye.


A sly smile spreads across the kankoran's muzzle. "Ahhhhh yes... I've heard rumors of such constructs. It's a pity you don't know anything about them though; I might have liked to talk shop about them sometime. How unfortunate." He shrugs as he sniffs a familiar scent and turns around to see Dex with a lit cigarette.

Dexter Portlywright wrote:”You know, that's sun'tin me was thinking bout learn'n, is sum more robotics and AI. Like their electrical, cuz damn be if it's the same as a computer. Me mean electricity is electricity. Maybe we can add sum magic component to it but that be when we get back. Automatons, huh? Like giant golems? Sounds like you might know a thing or two about them or at least about the rumors.”


Rufus nods. "I've loved tech as far back as I can remember, and I've loved magic since I first realized I had some ability. I actually wanted to study Techno-Wizardry while at Lazlo..." the grin turns to a slight frown as he pauses. "But Uncle Cato talked me into studying ley line magic instead as it's a more 'established' discipline." He rolls his eyes. "So I've kinda fallen into looking at ways I can use the two simultaneously. Not blended together, but used in parallel. Kinda like using oars and sails to propel a ship -- they don't interact with each other but they both work towards the same thing." He shakes his head. "I don't know if that makes any sense to you. I'm not even sure that it totally makes sense to me. But I can indulge in both my obsessions at the same time that way, so I'm pretty happy."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day...

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Once the spell has done it’s thing, dhaltuun looks at down and whistles. "Thank Elim. That is a useful bit of magic, right there." He keeps checking his gear. Noticing how clean it all is, ”I need to learn that?” With a small gulp, ”How do I learn that? Do they teach it at the Collegiate?” He will continue to talk shop with Rufus till The Prof. gathers everyone.


Rufus chuckles. "I'll be sure to thank him for you the next time I'm back there. Who knows? Maybe we'll be there together and you can thank him yourself." He rubs his chin. "I'm sure the Collegiate teaches it, it's a simple spell and not a very zapleten postopek... Tell you what, when we head back out into the bush from Char and we have some downtime during the day, I'll teach it to you myself."

Salomón wrote:"Ahh, yes, the ever-useful Cleanse incantation." He nods approvingly at Rufus and Dhaltuun while passing by. "I, too, have found it quite helpful at times. You have excellent taste, my furry friend!"


"To say it's 'useful' is a bit of an understatement, prijatelj..." Rufus quips. "It went past being 'useful' the first time I arrived home after an all-night binge just in time to get to classes. No time to take a shower? Simple!" He snaps his fingers.


Consumer wrote:
The Dice Gods wrote:Lore: D-Bee: No D-Bee here, maybe just a cat.
Lore: Demons & Monsters: Possibly a Balor, though the lack of fire and wings makes you unsure.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic: A Russian Fae house creature. They can be a boon to those that treat them right, or a nightmare to those who don't.


The professor puts a hand to his face and shakes his head. "I now know that none of you have ever been involved in a archeological expedition. The idea is to not make a mess of the area before we can make our investigations. Now I can see the use of Mr. Long bringing his hover tank, it is a hover vehicle so it's less likely to turn up the earth of the site. As for ATVs and Dunebuggies, I'm not sold on the idea of bringing them. The Pathmaker is designed for this kind of terrain, and will unlikely get stuck, I can't say the same for the other vehicles. If you have a better argument for it, I'm willing to listen." The professor says to the assembled group.

Approximately twenty minutes later the group is almost ready to go. Bob is piloting the Northern Gun Tank/APC with plenty of room for the rest of the team. Jessie flies outside the vehicle acting as a mobile scout with Jason piloting Bonaparte behind the large tank/APC.


Rufus nods. "That's understandable. My Speedster's a hover cycle but I get where you're coming from. I can use a flight spell if we need any aerial recon anyway." He grabs his gear and hops on board.

Two Claws wrote:"Boys and their toys. That's all they think about."


Rufus' ears flicker in Two Claws' general direction. Well, she's not wrong... he muses to himself. "There's also good food, good times, and good company..." he mutters out loud for no one in particular to hear. "Those are pretty good to think about too."

If the weather's good he'll ride on the top of the Pathmaker; as much as he likes technology there's just something about riding along with the wind in your fur that can't be beat. Honestly, it's why he prefers hovercycles to anything else. He'll also keep his senses peeled for any ley lines/rifts/large expenditures of magical energy in the immediate area.

Super Mage Sensor Powers, ACTIVATE!
Sense Ley Line: 50 miles (80.47 km). Can follow the feeling to the location of the ley line. 1d100 = 36/57%
Sense Ley Line Nexus: Can follow ley line to as many nexus points as it may have. 1d100 = 39/67%
Sense a Rift: Anywhere within 90 miles (144.8 km) of him.
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ (152.4 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:23 pm

Dhaltuun walks back to the Behemoth. As he walks he starts to calm down. ”That damn….valky… what am I doing? I may have overreacted.” He enters the bot and heads for his quarters. ”I will get my gear set up and then go say sorry.” He heads to his bink. Grabbing his pack, he begins to feel bad for his treatment of Jessie. ”By Njord, I am an ass. She was trying to pick up me spirits. I thought she was being condescending. Njord, protect me from my attitude.”

-------------- Next Morning -------------

Dhaltuun looks around the room. "Alright. I got me pack, me daybag, me sword, and baldric. We can't hurt the area we be going to, so hammer stays here. Guess it is my backup.’ He looks at his rifle ’C’Mere me beauty.” He picks it and checks it before grabbing his pack and heading out. With pack help by a strap over a shoulder, Dhaltuun looks for Jessie.

IF he finds her --- He approaches her. "Jessie, may I have a word? I must apologize for my attitude earlier. I mistook your actions and I am sorry.” He does a deep formal bow. ”You have been sent by our Lord to help me, not serve me. I humbly apologize. By Njord, it won't happen again.” He then stands tall and moves off towards the Pathfinder. after a few steps, he turns back. ”Will you join me?” He sticks out his elbow for her in a friendly way. On Dhaltuun’s face is a grin and a twinkle of mischief in his eye.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Char: A City of Conundrums.

Postby Salomón » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:30 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Rufus wrote:
Salomón wrote:"Unfortunately, Rufus, I do not. Though I am well-versed in most kinds of technology, we Magi prefer the use of magic to power our machines." He leans in toward Rufus in a conspiratorial tone: "There are even rumors of great magical constructs - as great as, or even greater, than, any that fought the Coalition States in the tragic saga of Tolkeen, even. Of course, I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of such Automatons, nor would I have the faintest idea who might know how to create one" he says to Rufus with a peculiar and sly twinkle in his eye.


A sly smile spreads across the kankoran's muzzle. "Ahhhhh yes... I've heard rumors of such constructs. It's a pity you don't know anything about them though; I might have liked to talk shop about them sometime. How unfortunate." He shrugs as he sniffs a familiar scent and turns around to see Dex with a lit cigarette.


Salomón grins and nods knowingly toward his diminutive friend.

Will need to coordinate some time with this one.

Just then, Rufus turns to face Dexter.

Dexter Portlywright wrote:”You know, that's sun'tin me was thinking bout learn'n, is sum more robotics and AI. Like their electrical, cuz damn be if it's the same as a computer. Me mean electricity is electricity. Maybe we can add sum magic component to it but that be when we get back. Automatons, huh? Like giant golems? Sounds like you might know a thing or two about them or at least about the rumors.”


"Yes, something like that. More like giant magical constructs, almost robots, but powered by magic instead of electricity. They aren't Techno-Wizard constructs." He says, stroking his chin thoughtfully,"Perhaps some day, we can visit Dweomer and learn more. I would like to visit with my master to ask about Jason's vehicle as well."
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest