A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Consumer » Mon May 06, 2019 1:19 pm

Locals, who needs them?

Skill Rolls
Dexter:Perception: Doesn't notice the Dinosaur.
Basic Mechanics: Vehicles seem fine, likely will need a thorough scrubbing once the group is out of the swamp.
Salomón: Perception: Doesn't notice the Dinosaur.
Electrical Engineer: Has an understanding.
Jason: Perception: Doesn't notice the Dinosaur.
Radio: Basic: No one in the immediate area seems to be using radios. Though Jason does pick up chatter that he guesses is more than 50 miles away.
Sensory Equipment: All seems clear.
Two Claws: Perception: Dosen't notice the Dinosaur.
Track & Trap Animals: None seems to be present.
Tracking: People: None seems to be present.
Detect Ambush: Definite ambush site where the group is.
Dhaltuun: Notices the dinosaur.
Cooking: Burns dinner.
Cooking: Cooks wild greens
Cooking Meal looks like garbage.
Holistic Medicine: Find edible greens (Bit of a stretch for the skill, ID Plants & Fruits is more appropriate).
Dimension sense: None sensed.


The day goes relatively peaceful, with the science types shuffling around their various spots while the Templar keep a watch on the area. It's nearing five in the afternoon when Bob notices something about the same time Dhaltuun does. There is a Dinosaur watching the group from the trees nearby. It is a bulky or chubby Raptor like dinosaur with scaly skin in light green tones with a tan throat and under body. It's arms and legs are heavier with short claws. What seems unusual about this particular dinosaur is the fact that it seems to be wearing jewelry and has a bag strapped across it's back. At the current moment the dinosaur doesn't seem to have noticed that it's been spotted.

What are your intentions?

Image
Notes: Each square is 10 ft sq.

Jason is actual off the map by approximately 50 feet in Bonaparte, his icon is just to indicate general direction.

By the end of this post, all are made aware of the voyeuristic dinosaur.


Butcher's Bill
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Jason Long » Tue May 07, 2019 6:26 am

Perception:1d100 = 50 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 5

Jason feels the comforting surge of adrenaline when the report of the observing dinosaur is made. He brings all of Bonaparte's sensors to bear, except the gun cameras. Jason is careful to keep his weapons from pointing at the dino.

He radios the team, "Ok, people. I want no hostile moves. Our friend here is wearing ornamentation and a backpack, so this may be a sentient being, not a dumb animal. It also is watching us, not attacking. Two Claws, if it simply runs off, I would like you to start tracking it. Not a pursuit, but to find out where it came from.

Jason runs sensors over the dino, looking with radar for metal returns that could indicate weapons or heat sources that could indicate active power packs. If an ything obvioius comes up, Jason will report it to the others.

Does anyone have any idea what our friend is or how to communicate with it? I am not in a good position to attempt contact.

((Radio:Basic--92% / 1d100 = 46% )) communicating with team
((Sensory Equipment—67% / 1d100 = 33% )) using radar to check for metal returns
((Sensory Equipment—67% / 1d100 = 97% )) using thermal to look for heat sources
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Salomón » Tue May 07, 2019 10:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96/46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC(20): 1d20 = 1
JIC(100): 1d100 = 36

Salomón has his MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle rifle in his hands as he watches over the area.




Consumer wrote:The day goes relatively peaceful, with the science types shuffling around their various spots while the Templar keep a watch on the area. It's nearing five in the afternoon when Bob notices something about the same time Dhaltuun does. There is a Dinosaur watching the group from the trees nearby. It is a bulky or chubby Raptor like dinosaur with scaly skin in light green tones with a tan throat and under body. It's arms and legs are heavier with short claws. What seems unusual about this particular dinosaur is the fact that it seems to be wearing jewelry and has a bag strapped across it's back. At the current moment the dinosaur doesn't seem to have noticed that it's been spotted.

By the end of this post, all are made aware of the voyeuristic dinosaur.

What are your intentions?


Salomón notices they are being watched, and begins to instinctively reach for his camera, but decides against it and does not make any sudden moves so as not to startle or provoke a bad reaction from the creature.

My Sixth Sense does not seem to be reacting, so I must not be in immediate danger... he thinks to himself.

He holds steady and looks over toward Jason to see if the leader says or does anything. Not seeing or hearing anything from the leader, Salomón decides to stay at the ready and within arm's reach of his charge in case she needs protection.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue May 07, 2019 1:39 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 3
Init: 1d20 = 13
Perc: 1d100 = 92
Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / PPE: 97 / 115 at end of post

Skills - N/A
Lore: Demon 69% / 1d100 = 33- try to id creature
Lore: Faerie 54% / 1d100 = 42- try to id creature

Lore: Magic - **General Knowledge: 59% / 1d100 = 95 - try to id creature
Paramedic 54% / 1d100 = 60 - quick lookover for obvious injuries


The day goes relatively peaceful, with the science types shuffling around their various spots while the Templar keep a watch on the area. It's nearing five in the afternoon when Bob notices something about the same time Dhaltuun does. There is a Dinosaur watching the group from the trees nearby. It is a bulky or chubby Raptor like dinosaur with scaly skin in light green tones with a tan throat and underbody. It's arms and legs are heavier with short claws. What seems unusual about this particular dinosaur is the fact that it seems to be wearing jewelry and has a bag strapped across it's back. At the current moment, the dinosaur doesn't seem to have noticed that it's been spotted.

Pulling his [ouch of jerky, Dhaltuun looks the creature over. ” Don't know what you are, but I hope you are friendly.” After casting tongues, Dhaltuun pulls out a piece of jerky and makes a show of eating it. ’ And who would you be? I be Dhaltuun. No harm from us. Here. *Throw some jerky* Go ahead.” He steps back to show that he is not a threat. As he does so, he casts sense evil and sense magic. ” Marcella, come see this. We have a visitor.”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed May 08, 2019 4:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 29

Dexter is unsure of what actions he should be taking. His first nbn instincts is to shoot first but then the jewelry and what appears to be a backpack. What is everyone else doing? Is dat typical of the thunderlizards? Me would think not. Well cuz doesn't seem to all dat afraid as he’s, what? Feeding him?! He sure is an oddball. Dexter shakes his head as he notices Dhaltunn offering some jerky to the dinosaur.he makes sure his rifle’s safety is off and readies himself to draw a bead on the creature, if the need arises. Other than the movement to check his rifle and a slight shifting of his stance, Dexter tries his best to stay still.


Jason wrote:Does anyone have any idea what our friend is or how to communicate with it? I am not in a good position to attempt contact


”Roger, boss. Dhaltunn is seeing if it's hungry and me will see if Tee-See has any insights. Over. Dexter chirps back at Jason. He takes a couple of slow steps, at leats slow for Dexter, towards Two Claws. ”Hey Tee-See, what da ya’ tink about it? Know anyting? Ya’ think ya’ can talk to it?” Dexter speaks in a soft tone, as to not startle the dinosaur.

OOC Comments
  • Radio: Basic 70% / 1d100 = 39 to talk with Jason
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Two Claws » Thu May 09, 2019 3:22 am

Perception : 1d100 = 65 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 23

Two Claws stops dead in her tracks, along with everyone else, as she catches sight of the dinosaur. Pausing for a moment to see if she can figure what type if creature it is. After a moment she notices the fine jewelry and scratches across it's back. Two Claws slowly moves her hand over her obsidian blade, ready for use, as she starts to walk forward towards its direction. Stopping again, she looks over as Dhaltunn moves forward and offers it some food. She takes the opportunity to move closer if she can. Preparing herself to act as bait of the need should arise.

Dexter wrote:”Hey Tee-See, what da ya’ tink about it? Know anyting? Ya’ think ya’ can talk to it?”


Two Claws nods, gives a thumbs up and gestures to remain quiet. Not wanting to further startle the beast, she gives Dexter a smile and mouths the words “I am on it.”.

Wait, why would this creature be wearing those things if its wild. Is it some type of new D-Bee? It doesn't look to be too dangerous but then just like me looks can be deceiving. Maybe I can get partly inside his mind.

Two Claws uses Telepathy (4) to try and see if she can judge emotional state. Creeping forward a step or two just in case. She then pauses to gauge how it's going to react to Dhaltunn’s offering and get a reading from her telepathy.

Lore: Cattle & Animals - 1d100 = 53 - 62% / to see if she can I'd what type of creature it it
Lore: Demons & Monsters - 1d100 = 8 -62% / to see if she can I'd what type of creature it it
Prowl - 1d100 = 75 - 54% / to try and move closer s few steps without being noticed
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Salomón » Fri May 10, 2019 7:45 am

**ROLLS HELD**




The High Magus watches as the group partially reacts, with Dexter reaching to his helmet and talking to someone on it, while Dhaltuun pulls out some food and Two Claws begins to move toward the dinosaur.

He protectively stays within a few feet of Sarah, unsure if she can handle herself if things go wrong and mindful of his charge to guard and protect her.

"Do you know anything about that species?" he says to Sarah in a low voice.

I hope we know what we're doing here. There could be more around.

He looks around warily, aware that having everyone's attention focused in one area is a prime setup for an ambush.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Rufus » Mon May 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 37

Conditions:
- Lifeward cast on armor

Consumer wrote:The day goes relatively peaceful, with the science types shuffling around their various spots while the Templar keep a watch on the area. It's nearing five in the afternoon when Bob notices something about the same time Dhaltuun does. There is a Dinosaur watching the group from the trees nearby. It is a bulky or chubby Raptor like dinosaur with scaly skin in light green tones with a tan throat and under body. It's arms and legs are heavier with short claws. What seems unusual about this particular dinosaur is the fact that it seems to be wearing jewelry and has a bag strapped across it's back. At the current moment the dinosaur doesn't seem to have noticed that it's been spotted.


Rufus raises an eyebrow as he’s alerted to the presence of a newcomer. Hmph. Didn’t hear it or smell it. Either I’m going soft or our new friend’s just that good. Could be bad news either way. His ears swivel around, trying to get a more definitive fix on the dinosaur’s location, while he sniffs the wind to pick up its scent. He also brings his more arcane senses to bear to see if the newcomer seems to emanate any magical energies.

Attempts to zero in on dino's location and ascertain magical levels if any
1d100 = 4/67% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 3/42% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ (152.4 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)


Jason Long wrote:”Ok, people. I want no hostile moves. Our friend here is wearing ornamentation and a backpack, so this may be a sentient being, not a dumb animal. It also is watching us, not attacking. Two Claws, if it simply runs off, I would like you to start tracking it. Not a pursuit, but to find out where it came from. Does anyone have any idea what our friend is or how to communicate with it? I am not in a good position to attempt contact.”


A dinosaur with bling? Not something you see every day… he muses as he thumbs his radio. “Roger that. Working on the first part. Give me a second and I can take care of the other.”

He runs the known possibilities through his head -- monsters, demons, D-bees, magical creatures, psychics, everything he can think of. If he comes up with any ideas he'll radio them to the group.

Attempts to ID what the dinosaur may be and communicate any findings
Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100 = 50/62%
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 7/72%
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100 = 33/62%
Lore: Psychics & Psionics -- 1d100 = 53/62%
Mythology -- 1d100 = 57/52%
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 12/72%


He touches his ear and jaw as he softly chants an incantation. মুখের মধ্যে কথা বলতে.” As an added measure, he touches his eyebrow and softly chants another. আত্মা দেখুন.”

Spells Cast
Casting Tongues spell -- 12 PPE
Casting See Aura spell -- 6 PPE


Dexter Portlywright wrote:”Roger, boss. Dhaltunn is seeing if it's hungry and me will see if Tee-See has any insights. Over.


As he waits to see if Dhaltuun’s attempts are successful, he looks around the area (with his eyes/nose/ears) to make sure there aren’t more. If one managed to slip up on us, others could have too.

Searching for other dinosaurs
1d100 = 59/67% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 99/42% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ (152.4 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed May 15, 2019 4:45 am

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

Dexter is standing there waiting for the next big move to happen. His throat dry and scratchy and his anxiety is ping ponging. Even his stomach is joining in on the fun by bobbing up and down like chicken pack at the ground. With his anxiety and surges of adrenaline, the excitement feels like when he turns a project on for the first time. Dexter manages to swallow. Seeing Two Claws taking s couple of steps forward, Dexter starts making movement but then catches himself right away. What is da little Las doing? Does she know she's doing? Me hope so. Hope Dhaltunn does, too. Lately his endeavors have resulted in less dan favorable outcomes but it does keep life Interesting. Me wish sumting would happen cuz all dis tension is thick as me beard. Me always hate dis waiting part. Dexter powers his rifle slightly, to help maybe ease some of the tension in the air. He also relaxes his stance just a bit.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Consumer » Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 am

Locals, who needs them?
Skills
Jason Long:
Radio:Basic (communicating with team): Works as intended.
Sensory Equipment (using radar to check for metal returns): The Templar show up, if the dinosaur has metal, he's not got enough of it to make a clear return.
Sensory Equipment (using thermal to look for heat sources): The Templars show up, hard to tell anything else, even the Dinosaur blends in with the background heat.
Dhaltuun:
Lore: Demon (try to id creature): A Raptor for sure, maybe a Raptor King, Could be a strange mutant even.
Lore: Faerie (try to id creature): Not a Faerie.
Lore: Magic - **General Knowledge: (try to id creature): Maybe a shape changed Dragon... Unlikely.
Paramedic (quick look over for obvious injuries): None seen. Though Dhaltuun isn't sure either way.
Dexter:
Radio: Basic (to talk with Jason): Works as intended.
Two Claws:
Lore: Cattle & Animals (to see if she can I'd what type of creature it is): Definitely a Raptor of some form.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (to see if she can I'd what type of creature it is): Raptor King, small details give it away. Human intelligence and usually mean. Scarier is their ability to control other Raptors.
Prowl (to try and move closer s few steps without being noticed): Thinks she's doing great.
Telepathy: Their armor will bring me a good price, but that Tank is a frightening concept. Wonder if I can get the pilot out of it?
Rufus:
Kankoran Natural Abilities: (To recognize common/known smells.): Rufus has found it hard to catch individual scents in this scent heavy environment, luck is with him as a breeze brings some smells that are out of place. Old Blood, reptiles (Which are very difficult to track by smell), and Ozone.
Kankoran Natural Abilities: (To recognize the scent of others up to 50’ away): Definitely recognizes the Templars, and the professor's crew. Could likely track the dinosaur if he had too.
Ley Line Walker Abilities: (Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ away.): None present.
Ley Line Walker Abilities: (See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000'): Raptor has a high P.P.E.
Lore: D-Bee (ID Creature): Not a D-Bee Rufus is aware of.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (ID Creature): Raptor King, coloration and scale patterns confirm it for Rufus. Very Dangerous creatures.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (ID Creature): Not a Faerie.
Lore: Psychics & Psionics (ID Creature): Minor Psychics save for their control over other Raptors.
Mythology (ID Creature): Not in that particular Wheelhouse.
Radio: Basic (Communicate with Team): Works as intended.
Casting Tongues spell -- 12 PPE (Works Fine)
Casting See Aura spell -- 6 PPE
• Estimate the general level of experience: Mid.
• The presence of magic (no indication of what type or the power level): Yes.
• The presence of psychic abilities (again though, not the type or power level): Yes.
• High or low base P.P.E: High.
• The presence of a Possessing Entity: None.
• The presence of an unusual human aberration and/or indicates a serious illness, insanity, or that the individual is not-human, could be mutant or supernatural, but does not specify which.: Doesn't show up as it's not human.



The group is confused about the voyeuristic dinosaur. Some people become defensive, while others try to see if they can identify it. Dhaltuun tries to see if it's hungry, by offering it jerky. As Two Clawas and Dhaltuun shift a little bit closer, the creature mover from one side of the tree and forward. "You can stop right their Dwarf... You too skinwalker." The creature says gesturing towards Two Claws.

"You're in my domain, and I demand payment. What will you offer me to not suffer my wrath?" The Raptor King asks with a smug sense of authority.

Image

What are your Intentions?

Still not in combat, but if you chose to fight post Combat stuff. Those of you with Sixth Sense will get the warning before it happens. ~Consumer

Butcher's Bill:
[color=red]Will be cumulative for the scene.
Rufus: -18 P.P.E.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Two Claws » Fri May 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 49 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 98

Raptor King wrote:"You can stop right their Dwarf... You too skinwalker." The creature says gesturing towards Two Claws.

"You're in my domain, and I demand payment. What will you offer me to not suffer my wrath?" The Raptor King asks with a smug sense of authority.


When the raptor speaks, Two Claws shows some signs of confusion. It takes her a moment to gather her composer. Her eyes focused on the raptor, making sure it doesn't make any sudden movements. Two Claws shifts her stance to a more aggressive one. She uses her Telepathy to inform the others of the Raptor king's intent.

Raptor King wrote:Their armor will bring me a good price, but that Tank is a frightening concept. Wonder if I can get the pilot out of it?


Well I don't think he's going to friendly. It's thinking about taking our armor and go sell it. That thing is not much of a threat on it's own so there must be others lurking about, watch out. The only way he is getting kind is prying it from my cold dead hands. Besides, I don't think the spirit wants it to have it anyways but one good thing is that it's afraid of Bonaparte. If you guys want, I could jump and attack it. Try and see if I can flush out any others that might be hiding. Just give the word and I'll pounce.

Two Claws keeps her distance while he communicates with the others. She keeps a sharp eye out for any possible surprise attacks. Remembering that the raptor had asked a question, she puffs her chest before replying to the raptor. Two Claws' voice shows no sign of fear or hesitation and her words are deliberate and precise.


"I'm sorry that we have intruded into your""Domain. We meant no harm or disrespect but demanding a payment from us is bit out of the question. The only payment I shall be making is with your life. By which, I mean if you leave us be, than I shall spare your life. You are clearly outnumber and out muscled. The choice is now yours to make. I hope you make the right one but then I do like scuffle every once in awhile. Either way I'll be happy."

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 35 - 57% - to see if there are any more raptors around ready to attack
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Salomón » Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16/46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC(100): 1d100 = 14
JIC(20): 1d20 = 1

Salomón has his MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle rifle in his hands as he watches over the area.

Skill Rolls
Lore: Demons & Monster (recognize the dinosaur) --> 1d100 = 60/66%
Lore: Magic & Geomancy -- Recognize Enchantment (see if Sarah is under the influence of an enchantment)--> 1d100 = 61/46%
Paramedic (see if Sarah is in shock or if there's another medical reason she's not responding to him) -- 1d100 = 92/56%




Salomón keeps the business end of his rifle pointed toward the side, and not in the direction of the raptor. He is curious about Sarah's lack of reply to his question, and walks over to look at her closely to see if something is wrong with her.

"Roger that, Group Leader. Looks like Two Claws is acting on the aggressive side. Please advise" he asks on the radio.

I find it difficult to believe that this thing is alone... he thinks while looking around the area again to see any clues that might indicate the presence of others.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon May 20, 2019 5:04 am

JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 72
Init: 1d20 = 4
Perc: 1d100 = 49
Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / PPE: 70 / 115 at end of post

Skills - N/A


Consumer wrote:The group is confused about the voyeuristic dinosaur. Some people become defensive, while others try to see if they can identify it. Dhaltuun tries to see if it's hungry, by offering it jerky. As Two Claws and Dhaltuun shift a little bit closer, the creature mover from one side of the tree and forward. "You can stop right their Dwarf... You too skinwalker." The creature says gesturing towards Two Claws.

"You're in my domain, and I demand payment. What will you offer me to not suffer my wrath?" The Raptor King asks with a smug sense of authority.


Dhaltuun stops dead in his tracks as the dino speaks. Seeing it gesture, He pulls his breechlock and holds down by his leg. ”What in Njords name? A talking dino? I have heard stories, never thought they were true. A Raptor King??!! Maybe.” He watches Two Claws out the corner of his eye. With a breathe, Dhaltuun says loudly,but not yelling. ”* Valkyrie !! Sirkle rundt bak. Pass på at det ikke er noen ubudne gjester!” With a smirk, he looks the Raptor King as Two Claws goes off on it. Noticing her change in stance, Dhaltuun shifts his own feet into a shooting poistion.
”Marcella, help Jessie look For others. We got this silly thing.”

Two Claws keeps her distance while he communicates with the others. She keeps a sharp eye out for any possible surprise attacks. Remembering that the raptor had asked a question, she puffs her chest before replying to the raptor. Two Claws' voice shows no sign of fear or hesitation and her words are deliberate and precise.


”Well. Damn, our kitten has some claws.” While keeping the barrel pointed down, Dhaltuun cocks his breechlock. He starts to think of a way to subdue the dino before anything lethal happens. He runs options thru his head as Two Claws steps up.

"I'm sorry that we have intruded into your" … "Domain. We meant no harm or disrespect but demanding a payment from us is bit out of the question. The only payment I shall be making is with your life. By which, I mean if you leave us be, than I shall spare your life. You are clearly outnumber and out muscled. The choice is now yours to make. I hope you make the right one but then I do like scuffle every once in awhile. Either way I'll be happy."


Without losing his smirk, Dhaltuun rattles off a word or two and snaps his fingers. ”** Njord, Vis ham Valhalla !!” ((Cast Trance)). Once the dino is dazed, Dhaltuun says ”*** Njord, Surround ham i din ære!” (( Cast Energy Field)). As soon as the bubble appears, dDhaltuun looks over his shoulder. ”We have a few minutes. Nothing in and nothing out till time runs out or it gets broken. Templars, what is the plan?” He Turns to face the others ”**** Njord, Hold beistene unna!” Then a wave of his hand, ”And that should keep away any of his friends.” ((Repel Animals))

Actions - edited
1 - pull breechlock & cock it if needed
2 - speak
3 - Cast Energy Field around the Raptor (10)
4 - approach within 12' of the Raptor & cast Trace on the Raptor (10)
5 - Contingency: If the Raptor seems affected by Trance, speak to team
If the Raptor seems unaffected by Trance, cast it again
6 - Cast Repel animals (7)
7 - use for dodge or parry as needed

Translations -
* Valkyrie!! Circle around behind. Make sure there are no uninvited guests!!
** Njord, Show him Valhalla!!
*** Njord, Surround him in your glory!!
**** Njord, Keep the beasts away!!
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed May 22, 2019 5:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 95

Consumer wrote:"You can stop right their Dwarf... You too skinwalker." The creature says gesturing towards Two Claws.

"You're in my domain, and I demand payment. What will you offer me to not suffer my wrath?"


Fucking pull me beard. What da we tell em. Dat look NOT like no aggression. Cats will be cats me guess. Dis ain't going to end well. Me just hope they ain't no more of them around. Wonder what boss man is gonna say 'bout dis. Dexter shakes his head when he hears Two Claws talks to dinosaur. He changes his stance to a purely defensive stance. Dexter scans the nearby bushes and other large derbies, in an attempt to see if he can see any more raptors. Damn me short legs. We dwarves not be suited well for this foresty stuff. Now what is me cuz doi'n. He ain't be help'n. Might as well just burn da forest down at this point. Might make more sense. Dexter slouches his shoulders in disappointment. He quickly looks over at Salomon when he hears his voice come over the comm system. Triggering the mic, he adds. "Yeah, me dont know if she is good a diplomacy or and skills fer dat matt'r." Dexter stands still and tries to judge the reaction of the raptor for deciding to take any further action, unless Jason suggest otherwise.

OOC Comments
  • Radio: Basic 70% / 1d100 = 46 to talk with Jason
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Jason Long » Wed May 22, 2019 10:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 66 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 26

Consumer wrote:"You're in my domain, and I demand payment. What will you offer me to not suffer my wrath?"


Well, at least communicating with it won't be an issue. Now if we can make peaceful contact.. Jason's train of thought is interrupted by Two Claws challenge:
Two Claws wrote:"I'm sorry that we have intruded into your" … "Domain. We meant no harm or disrespect but demanding a payment from us is bit out of the question. The only payment I shall be making is with your life. By which, I mean if you leave us be, than I shall spare your life. You are clearly outnumber and out muscled. The choice is now yours to make. I hope you make the right one but then I do like scuffle every once in awhile. Either way I'll be happy."


Jason cringes a bit as Two Claws chooses a more confrontational stance with the dinosaur. Note to self, Two Claws is not our best choice for first contact. Kinda reminds me of Kilo...

Two Claws wrote:Well I don't think he's going to friendly. It's thinking about taking our armor and go sell it. That thing is not much of a threat on it's own so there must be others lurking about, watch out. The only way he is getting kind is prying it from my cold dead hands. Besides, I don't think the spirit wants it to have it anyways but one good thing is that it's afraid of Bonaparte. If you guys want, I could jump and attack it. Try and see if I can flush out any others that might be hiding. Just give the word and I'll pounce.


Jason is shocked by the sudden mental communication. Not knowing if Two Claws can hear him, he thinks back, "Hold for now, lets see if he's alone."

Jason switches to Bonaparte's PA system. He adjusts the volume so that the Templar and the dinosaur can hear him easily without it being uncomfortable.

"Well, my reptilian friend, I am Jason Long of the Templar. I would suggest that if you wish something, you introduce yourself first. Making demands without doing so is simply poor manners. If you wish to speak with us peacefully, lay down your bag and come slowly into the open. As long as you remain peaceful, I, as leader of the Templar, guarantee your safe passage. If you do not wish to talk peacefully with us, then leave. Your other alternatives are not so palatable. Templar, stand ready. "

Jason then switches off the PA and over to radio: "Ok, those of you with radios on, don't get too fixated on this guy. Scan the perimeter to see if there are others. Professor, did you bring anything to trade with people whose lands you might be crossing?
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Rufus » Fri May 24, 2019 7:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 7
Initiative (if needed): 1d20+4 = 10
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 211/229 at start of post
- Tongues spell active: 11 melees remaining

Rufus facepalms as the encounter takes a decidedly undiplomatic turn. “Wolvenar’s whiskers,” he mutters under his breath. Our first encounter out here at the dig site, and we’re already picking a fight. He flicks his mic and says softly. “Raptor King. Odds are he’s not alone.”

He takes a step or two forward and clears his throat. “My apologies, kolega čarovnika*. Our scout here is a bit of an action junkie and has a tendency to react this way when she’s surprised. And Dhaltuun here didn’t realize we had the pleasure of meeting an actual Raptor King; otherwise he’d probably have just called out asking if you’d like some lunch.”

Jason Long wrote:"Well, my reptilian friend, I am Jason Long of the Templar. I would suggest that if you wish something, you introduce yourself first. Making demands without doing so is simply poor manners. If you wish to speak with us peacefully, lay down your bag and come slowly into the open. As long as you remain peaceful, I, as leader of the Templar, guarantee your safe passage. If you do not wish to talk peacefully with us, then leave. Your other alternatives are not so palatable. Templar, stand ready. "

Jason then switches off the PA and over to radio: "Ok, those of you with radios on, don't get too fixated on this guy. Scan the perimeter to see if there are others. Professor, did you bring anything to trade with people whose lands you might be crossing?


“See? We really prefer to deal with others peacefully and stuff...” He nods then gestures to the rest of the group. “We mean no harm to anyone. Our scholars are merely seeking to learn more about a battle that once took place here. If this is your domain, though, perhaps you might know something about this area? I’m sure they’d appreciate any insight you could give.” Using slow movements he opens up his backpack and pulls out a scroll. “Perhaps this could be worth your trouble? It was given to me by a rather powerful mage back in MercTown. I’m sure you can tell from here that it’s the genuine article. Could fetch a pretty decent price, you know.”

Attempts to persuade Raptor King
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 98/40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 48/25%


Rufus waits for the Raptor King to respond.

*fellow wizard

-------------------------------------------------

((CONTINGENCY IN CASE DHALTUUN’S ATTACKS GO OFF AND THE JURASSIC POOP HITS THE FAN))

However, when Dhal starts casting spells he just groans. “Well, so much for ‘peacefully and stuff’ I guess.” Here’s hoping our friend here doesn’t have any backup out in the bushes. He chants to himself “ সামান্য যাদু বর্ম” and activates his ring to vanish from sight before pulling out his pistol designed to counter supernatural beings like their new friend.

Actions (if needed):
  1. Cast Armor of Ithan on himself (-10 PPE)
  2. Activates Ring of Invisibility
  3. Re-slings backpack/draws TW Thundergun
  4. Shoot Raptor King. Strike: 1d20+3 = 21; Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 MDC if a supernatural being, otherwise 5d6 = 25 MD
  5. Shoot Raptor King. Strike: 1d20+3 = 11; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 MDC if a supernatural being, otherwise 5d6 = 20 MD
  6. Shoot Raptor King. Strike: 1d20+3 = 14; Damage: 1d6*10 = 50 MDC if a supernatural being, otherwise 5d6 = 21 MD
  7. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+7 = 14
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Consumer » Fri May 24, 2019 9:57 am

Locals, who needs them?
Skills
Jason Long:
None Used.
Dhaltuun:
None Used.
Dexter:
Radio: Basic (To talk with Jason.): Works as intended.
Two Claws:
Detect Ambush (To see if there are any more raptors around ready to attack.): While a bit moot at this point, yes there were more Raptors and then some.
Rufus:
Charm/Impress: Raptor King is not Impressed, but when you're a talking Dinosaur, would you find talking fox people impressive?
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: He finds you neither trust worthy or frightening, it's as if he knows Rufus is a cuddly puppy.
Salomón:
Lore: Demons & Monster (recognize the dinosaur): Some manner of Raptor, not normal as far as you can tell.
Lore: Magic & Geomancy (Recognize Enchantment (see if Sarah is under the influence of an enchantment)): Doesn't seem like it.
Paramedic (see if Sarah is in shock or if there's another medical reason she's not responding to him): Doesn't seem like it, humans are weird.


The situation is tense, a illogical Mexican stand-off where a single individual stands off against a fully armed group. Either the creature was insane or he knew something that no one else knew.

Two Claws wrote:"I'm sorry that we have intruded into your""Domain. We meant no harm or disrespect but demanding a payment from us is bit out of the question. The only payment I shall be making is with your life. By which, I mean if you leave us be, than I shall spare your life. You are clearly outnumber and out muscled. The choice is now yours to make. I hope you make the right one but then I do like scuffle every once in awhile. Either way I'll be happy."


Dhaltuun begins giving orders to his minion in Norwegian. While the Raptor King looks more than a little displeased at Two Claws.

Jason Long wrote:"Well, my reptilian friend, I am Jason Long of the Templar. I would suggest that if you wish something, you introduce yourself first. Making demands without doing so is simply poor manners. If you wish to speak with us peacefully, lay down your bag and come slowly into the open. As long as you remain peaceful, I, as leader of the Templar, guarantee your safe passage. If you do not wish to talk peacefully with us, then leave. Your other alternatives are not so palatable. Templar, stand ready. "


Jason's voice carries well over the fetid swamp air. The Raptor King looks towards the tank. "You don't seem to understand Tribute do you?" It says loud enough to be heard by all.

Rufus wrote:“See? We really prefer to deal with others peacefully and stuff...” He nods then gestures to the rest of the group. “We mean no harm to anyone. Our scholars are merely seeking to learn more about a battle that once took place here. If this is your domain, though, perhaps you might know something about this area? I’m sure they’d appreciate any insight you could give.” Using slow movements he opens up his backpack and pulls out a scroll. “Perhaps this could be worth your trouble? It was given to me by a rather powerful mage back in MercTown. I’m sure you can tell from here that it’s the genuine article. Could fetch a pretty decent price, you know.”


"while I am entertained by you're feeble attempts at diplomacy, and I'll be honest you may have swayed me if not for the fact that the rest of your number doesn't seem very good in the least. Now since you've decided not to pay tribute, I will now take all of your stuff and sell those of you who survive to slavery." The Raptor King says before making a sharp whistle. At this point all hell breaks loose.

From the east of Jason and Boneparte, he notices a large return. As a twenty foot tall raptor like dinosaur appears out of nowhere and charges towards Boneparte. The Professor proceeds to run north east, while the Raptor King mumbles the words to some manner of arcane spell, a shimmering field surrounds it for a moment. Sarah runs towards the north East in an attempt to get away from the incoming threat. Rufus does much the same as the Raptor King and casts a spell that surrounds him with a shimmering field while moving within reach of Dhaltuun. From the South West a pack of mixed Raptors begin charging forward through the swamp from behind bushes and trees. Bob moves to interpose himself between The incoming Raptors and his wards. Dhaltuun casts a spell that surrounds the Raptor king in a Dome of shimmering energy.

Rufus goes invisible, Dhaltuun casts another spell, and is unsure if it worked or not. The Raptor king quickly answers the question by laughing. The Allosaurus and the Raptors and Allosaurus continue moving forward, while Dhaltuun tries to entrance the Raptor King again. "Foolish dwarf you couldn't charm a beer." The Raptor King says before Dhaltuun casts another spell, though it seems to have no immediate effect as none of the Raptors are near enough. Rufus puts a trio of shots towards the Raptor King, and in the end the Energy Field collapses from the damage. The Raptor King laughs. "No coordination, how do you warm bloods even survive in the world?" It says mockingly.




Leo

Leo has been having a bad time the last few days. He has been running from his pursuers fro what seems like forever. Either with luck or not, Leo fell through a small rift, which dumped him into a hot and humid swamp. At the moment it seems that his pursuers have lost his trail. Leo was about to breathe a sigh of relief, when a massive creature roars and snatches him up by his backpack. a few jarring moments later as the creature shakes him about. Whether by luck or happenstance the creature shaking managed to throw him several hundred feet into a swampy bog. Bringing himself to his feet, Leo sees the creature charging after him, ahead, Leo sees people looking like they're about to get into a fight with smaller dinosaurs.




Everyone

From the south west a humanoid body flies through the and lands into the swamp behind the approaching Raptors. The roar of a much larger dinosaur seems to be following him.


Image

Combat Round 1


Butcher's Bill:
Will be cumulative for the scene.
Rufus: -28 P.P.E., Ring of Invisibilty Activated, -3 shots from Thunder Gun.
Dhaltuun: -37 P.P.E.
Leo: Backpack: -5 M.D.C.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Leo » Fri May 24, 2019 10:24 am

Perception: 31% 1d100 = 36 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 65

Leo lands with a SPLAT on the boggy ground.

It's hot and wet and gross. But at least no slavers... yet. Hopefully that rift threw them off my trail. I'd say I'm safe for now...

He sits up, and sees the large dinosaur bearing down on him.

...But I'm not.

Sighing deeply, he pulls himself to his feet, and unslings his giant hammer. He catches sight of the humans and assorted dbees - two dwarves, and a fox person of some sort - facing off against more dinosaurs.

Lore: D-Bee 35% 1d100 = 11 (identify the dbee races present - SUCCESS)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 85 (identify the monsters/dinosaurs present - FAIL)

He nods his head, resigned to fight. "I get it." He grips his battle-hammer with one hand. "It's showtime."

Leo will stand his ground where he is - if the big dino charges him, he will hit it with his hammer (the resulting gravity wave will catch any dinosaurs in it's 20' radius swath of destruction). He'll continue to hammer away at the big guy (or any of the little guys if they get too close) and trust the humans and assorted others not to come too close after the grav waves start.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21 (Nat. 20!)

APM: 6

Action 1: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 24; Damage 3d6+25 = 35 M.D.; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 40, 20' radius
Aciton 2: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 25; Damage 3d6+25 = 38 M.D.; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 40, 20' radius
Action 3: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 20; Damage 3d6+25 = 36 M.D.; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 10, 20' radius
Action 4: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 7 (Nat. 1!); Damage 3d6+25 = 39 M.D.; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 30, 20' radius
Action 5: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 26 (Nat. 20!); Damage 3d6+25 = 34 M.D. X 2 (Crit) = 43 MD + knockout; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 40 X 2 = 80, 20' radius
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge if autododge fails 1d20+8 = 14

Parries (with hammer): 1) 1d20+10 = 19, 2) 1d20+10 = 20, 3) 1d20+10 = 14, 4) 1d20+10 = 25, 5) 1d20+10 = 26, 6) 1d20+10 = 17

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+2 = 21, 2) 1d20+2 = 4, 3) 1d20+2 = 14, 4) 1d20+2 = 12, 5) 1d20+2 = 12, 6) 1d20+2 = 17
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Salomón » Fri May 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC(100): 1d100 = 49
JIC(20): 1d20+2 = 13

Conditions: Sixth Sense bonuses applicable to this first melee round: +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Initiative: 1d20 = 11 + 10 = 22
Number of attacks: 5




So much for diplomacy... thinks the High Magus as the fray begins.

Salomón sees Leo engaging with another dinosaur some 100' away. While he can't make out details, he can tell it's a humanoid and it's fighting the dinosaurs.

The enemy of mine enemy... he thinks briefly, and presumes Leo to be an ally - at least for now.

He notices the Professor and Sarah move toward the northeast direction to back away from the fight, and Bob follow. Salomón remembers his job is to protect Sarah, so he says to her, "Stay close."

He then turns to the Dog Boy and says, in a deadly serious tone, "Bob, if these lizards approach, I need you to keep them at bay for a few seconds while I work some magic to give us a pretty solid advantage..."

First, he casts Invincible Armor upon himself.

Invincible Armor
Range: Self or one other by touch.
Duration: Three minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Thirty
Although not quite as "invincible" as the name suggests, this impressive magical armor encases the wearer in a suit of shimmering,
translucent plate armor, complete with full helmet. The armor has 25 M.D.C. per level of the spell caster, and regenerates damage at the rate
of 1D6 M.D.C. per melee round. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases,
fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.
Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor! Should the armor be destroyed, it
absorbs all the extra damage and disappears in a flash of light. No damage is carried over to the wearer. Note: Magical armor can not be
placed on giant Automatons, power armor or robots.
Limitation: Cumbersome; the wearer is - 15% to prowl, climb, swim or perform other physical skills.


Then, as he looks around, Salomón takes a calculated risk and pours almost all of his remaining magical power into a mighty spell that could turn the fight in our favor: He casts Disharmonize

Disharmonize
Range: The spell can be cast up to 1,000 feet (305 m) away.
Radius of Affect: 50 feet (15.2m) per level of experience.
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: One Hundred Fifty
This spell is designed to disrupt and confuse organized units of the enemy (large groups of 20 or more people). Upon casting the spell, the
mage is surrounded by an aura of hazy light that expands in all directions.
Each enemy (known allies are unaffected) must save vs magic.
Success indicates that the spell has no effect. Failure means the mind of the enemy has been clouded by the spell. Those who fall to disharmony
will be unable to act quickly, make decisions or properly follow orders. They are also incapable of working in concert with their fellows. Essentially,
those affected cease to become a cohesive group and degrade into confused individuals. In addition, those affected lose half their attacks
per melee round, lose initiative, and perform skills at -20% (due to hesitation and uncertainty).


Important note
Salomón is presuming that, for now, Leo is an ally (and thus he should not be affected). Salomón has a 100' radius range (which should capture every dinosaur on the map), and a spell strength of 13, so that is the target to save. Recall that all animals have a -4 to save vs magic (RUE page 367)


Action 1: Speak to Sarah and Bob, begin casting Invincible Armor
Action 2: Finish casting Invincible Armor
Action 3: Begin casting Disharmonize
Action 4: Continue casting Disharmonize
Action 5: Finish casting Disharmonize

CONTINGENCIES
If Salomón's casting is interrupted, he will auto-parry as needed after the interruption (NOT during spellcasting!): 1d20 = 18+10=28, 1d20 = 19+10=29, 1d20 = 16+10=26,1d20 = 2+10=12, 1d20 = 6+10=16
He will also engage the attacker(s) with 3 shot bursts from his rifle, if his casting is interrupted, until the attacker either disengages or drops:
Fire at attacker 1d20+2 = 9, damage:(1d61d610)+6 = 6 M.D.
Fire at attacker 1d20+2 = 20, damage:(1d61d610)+6 = 6 M.D.
Fire at attacker 1d20+2 = 13, damage:(1d61d610)+6 = 6 M.D.
Fire at attacker 1d20+2 = 3, damage:(1d61d610)+6 = 6 M.D.
Fire at attacker 1d20 = 5+2=7, damage:(1d61d610)+6 = 6 M.D.

Damage Dice for shots above
Ok, sorry but somehow the damage dice got screwed up, so redoing those here:
(1d6*10)+6 = 16
(1d6*10)+6 = 66
(1d6*10)+6 = 66
(1d6*10)+6 = 16
(1d6*10)+6 = 16

1d20 = 20
Last edited by Salomón on Sat May 25, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 223/223
P.P.E.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 52/52

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (slung over left shoulder), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri May 24, 2019 2:25 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 54
Init: 1d20 = 8
Perc: 1d100 = 19
Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / PPE: 70 / 115 at end of post

Skills - N/A


[quote = “Consumer”] While the Raptor King looks more than a little displeased at Two Claws.[/quote]

Dhaltuun keeps watching the raptor king. ”What?? Resisted all my magic? Not forever, mother fucker!!” He listens to the others as he reviews his magic in his mind.

[quote = “Jason Long”] "Well, my reptilian friend, I am Jason Long of the Templar. I would suggest that if you wish something, you introduce yourself first. Making demands without doing so is simply poor manners. If you wish to speak with us peacefully, lay down your bag and come slowly into the open. As long as you remain peaceful, I, as leader of the Templar, guarantee your safe passage. If you do not wish to talk peacefully with us, then leave. Your other alternatives are not so palatable. Templar, stand ready. "[/quote]

As soon as Jason gives the order, Dhaltuun raises his Bigbore and goes into shooting position. He forces his breathing to calm, as he stares down the barrel at the mouthpiece of a walking purse. At the comment of tributes, Dhaltuun can't hold back. ” How do y’all like your dino done? Fried, or smashed?”

[quote = “Rufus”] “See? We really prefer to deal with others peacefully and stuff...” He nods then gestures to the rest of the group. “We mean no harm to anyone. Our scholars are merely seeking to learn more about a battle that once took place here. If this is your domain, though, perhaps you might know something about this area? I’m sure they’d appreciate any insight you could give.” Using slow movements he opens up his backpack and pulls out a scroll. “Perhaps this could be worth your trouble? It was given to me by a rather powerful mage back in MercTown. I’m sure you can tell from here that it’s the genuine article. Could fetch a pretty decent price, you know.”[/quote]

Dhaltuun raises an eyebrow as Rufus negotiates. ’Nice try, Rufus. But I think we be past parlay. All good, he gets rude or moves funny…. Me baby here will deal with him.” He brandishes his breechlock before settling back to aiming.

[quote = “Consumer”] "while I am entertained by you're feeble attempts at diplomacy, and I'll be honest you may have swayed me if not for the fact that the rest of your number doesn't seem very good in the least. Now since you've decided not to pay tribute, I will now take all of your stuff and sell those of you who survive to slavery." The Raptor King says before making a sharp whistle. At this point, all hell breaks loose [/quote]

At the word slavery, Dhaltuun snaps. With a loud WHAT??, he pulls the trigger to his |Bigbore breech lock, aimed for the king’s face. This is followed by Dhaltuun charging in with a ” BY TEMPLAR’S LIGHT!! You will pay For that!”. As he moves, he drops the gun and grabs his rune hook. Once within range, he hits the king’s left knee and as it starts to buckle, Dhaltuun grabs the king’s left ankle with the hook, and with a hard yank, attempts to take this fight to the ground.

Actions -
1 - “WHAT?” shoot breechlock strike: 1d20+1 = 16 / Damage: 1d6 = 6 + Bigbore knockdown effect
2 - drop pistol and grab hook ”BY TEMPLAR’S LIGHT!! You will pay For that!”.
3 - strike right knee with hook - 1d20+10 = 16 / Damage: 1d4 = 3 MD
4 - hook same leg with hook (body flip) - 1d20+11 = 22 / Damage: 1d6 = 2 MD
5 - use for parry +9 as needed

Roll P/F/I - +10, +10, +10, +10, +10
1d4 = 4
1d4 = 3
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario


Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest