A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Consumer » Mon May 06, 2019 1:19 pm

Locals, who needs them?

Skill Rolls
Dexter:Perception: Doesn't notice the Dinosaur.
Basic Mechanics: Vehicles seem fine, likely will need a thorough scrubbing once the group is out of the swamp.
Salomón: Perception: Doesn't notice the Dinosaur.
Electrical Engineer: Has an understanding.
Jason: Perception: Doesn't notice the Dinosaur.
Radio: Basic: No one in the immediate area seems to be using radios. Though Jason does pick up chatter that he guesses is more than 50 miles away.
Sensory Equipment: All seems clear.
Two Claws: Perception: Dosen't notice the Dinosaur.
Track & Trap Animals: None seems to be present.
Tracking: People: None seems to be present.
Detect Ambush: Definite ambush site where the group is.
Dhaltuun: Notices the dinosaur.
Cooking: Burns dinner.
Cooking: Cooks wild greens
Cooking Meal looks like garbage.
Holistic Medicine: Find edible greens (Bit of a stretch for the skill, ID Plants & Fruits is more appropriate).
Dimension sense: None sensed.


The day goes relatively peaceful, with the science types shuffling around their various spots while the Templar keep a watch on the area. It's nearing five in the afternoon when Bob notices something about the same time Dhaltuun does. There is a Dinosaur watching the group from the trees nearby. It is a bulky or chubby Raptor like dinosaur with scaly skin in light green tones with a tan throat and under body. It's arms and legs are heavier with short claws. What seems unusual about this particular dinosaur is the fact that it seems to be wearing jewelry and has a bag strapped across it's back. At the current moment the dinosaur doesn't seem to have noticed that it's been spotted.

What are your intentions?

Image
Notes: Each square is 10 ft sq.

Jason is actual off the map by approximately 50 feet in Bonaparte, his icon is just to indicate general direction.

By the end of this post, all are made aware of the voyeuristic dinosaur.


Butcher's Bill
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Jason Long » Tue May 07, 2019 6:26 am

Perception:1d100 = 50 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 5

Jason feels the comforting surge of adrenaline when the report of the observing dinosaur is made. He brings all of Bonaparte's sensors to bear, except the gun cameras. Jason is careful to keep his weapons from pointing at the dino.

He radios the team, "Ok, people. I want no hostile moves. Our friend here is wearing ornamentation and a backpack, so this may be a sentient being, not a dumb animal. It also is watching us, not attacking. Two Claws, if it simply runs off, I would like you to start tracking it. Not a pursuit, but to find out where it came from.

Jason runs sensors over the dino, looking with radar for metal returns that could indicate weapons or heat sources that could indicate active power packs. If an ything obvioius comes up, Jason will report it to the others.

Does anyone have any idea what our friend is or how to communicate with it? I am not in a good position to attempt contact.

((Radio:Basic--92% / 1d100 = 46% )) communicating with team
((Sensory Equipment—67% / 1d100 = 33% )) using radar to check for metal returns
((Sensory Equipment—67% / 1d100 = 97% )) using thermal to look for heat sources
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Salomón » Tue May 07, 2019 10:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96/46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC(20): 1d20 = 1
JIC(100): 1d100 = 36

Salomón has his MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle rifle in his hands as he watches over the area.




Consumer wrote:The day goes relatively peaceful, with the science types shuffling around their various spots while the Templar keep a watch on the area. It's nearing five in the afternoon when Bob notices something about the same time Dhaltuun does. There is a Dinosaur watching the group from the trees nearby. It is a bulky or chubby Raptor like dinosaur with scaly skin in light green tones with a tan throat and under body. It's arms and legs are heavier with short claws. What seems unusual about this particular dinosaur is the fact that it seems to be wearing jewelry and has a bag strapped across it's back. At the current moment the dinosaur doesn't seem to have noticed that it's been spotted.

By the end of this post, all are made aware of the voyeuristic dinosaur.

What are your intentions?


Salomón notices they are being watched, and begins to instinctively reach for his camera, but decides against it and does not make any sudden moves so as not to startle or provoke a bad reaction from the creature.

My Sixth Sense does not seem to be reacting, so I must not be in immediate danger... he thinks to himself.

He holds steady and looks over toward Jason to see if the leader says or does anything. Not seeing or hearing anything from the leader, Salomón decides to stay at the ready and within arm's reach of his charge in case she needs protection.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue May 07, 2019 1:39 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 3
Init: 1d20 = 13
Perc: 1d100 = 92
Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / PPE: 97 / 115 at end of post

Skills - N/A
Lore: Demon 69% / 1d100 = 33- try to id creature
Lore: Faerie 54% / 1d100 = 42- try to id creature

Lore: Magic - **General Knowledge: 59% / 1d100 = 95 - try to id creature
Paramedic 54% / 1d100 = 60 - quick lookover for obvious injuries


The day goes relatively peaceful, with the science types shuffling around their various spots while the Templar keep a watch on the area. It's nearing five in the afternoon when Bob notices something about the same time Dhaltuun does. There is a Dinosaur watching the group from the trees nearby. It is a bulky or chubby Raptor like dinosaur with scaly skin in light green tones with a tan throat and underbody. It's arms and legs are heavier with short claws. What seems unusual about this particular dinosaur is the fact that it seems to be wearing jewelry and has a bag strapped across it's back. At the current moment, the dinosaur doesn't seem to have noticed that it's been spotted.

Pulling his [ouch of jerky, Dhaltuun looks the creature over. ” Don't know what you are, but I hope you are friendly.” After casting tongues, Dhaltuun pulls out a piece of jerky and makes a show of eating it. ’ And who would you be? I be Dhaltuun. No harm from us. Here. *Throw some jerky* Go ahead.” He steps back to show that he is not a threat. As he does so, he casts sense evil and sense magic. ” Marcella, come see this. We have a visitor.”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed May 08, 2019 4:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 29

Dexter is unsure of what actions he should be taking. His first nbn instincts is to shoot first but then the jewelry and what appears to be a backpack. What is everyone else doing? Is dat typical of the thunderlizards? Me would think not. Well cuz doesn't seem to all dat afraid as he’s, what? Feeding him?! He sure is an oddball. Dexter shakes his head as he notices Dhaltunn offering some jerky to the dinosaur.he makes sure his rifle’s safety is off and readies himself to draw a bead on the creature, if the need arises. Other than the movement to check his rifle and a slight shifting of his stance, Dexter tries his best to stay still.


Jason wrote:Does anyone have any idea what our friend is or how to communicate with it? I am not in a good position to attempt contact


”Roger, boss. Dhaltunn is seeing if it's hungry and me will see if Tee-See has any insights. Over. Dexter chirps back at Jason. He takes a couple of slow steps, at leats slow for Dexter, towards Two Claws. ”Hey Tee-See, what da ya’ tink about it? Know anyting? Ya’ think ya’ can talk to it?” Dexter speaks in a soft tone, as to not startle the dinosaur.

OOC Comments
  • Radio: Basic 70% / 1d100 = 39 to talk with Jason
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Two Claws » Thu May 09, 2019 3:22 am

Perception : 1d100 = 65 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 23

Two Claws stops dead in her tracks, along with everyone else, as she catches sight of the dinosaur. Pausing for a moment to see if she can figure what type if creature it is. After a moment she notices the fine jewelry and scratches across it's back. Two Claws slowly moves her hand over her obsidian blade, ready for use, as she starts to walk forward towards its direction. Stopping again, she looks over as Dhaltunn moves forward and offers it some food. She takes the opportunity to move closer if she can. Preparing herself to act as bait of the need should arise.

Dexter wrote:”Hey Tee-See, what da ya’ tink about it? Know anyting? Ya’ think ya’ can talk to it?”


Two Claws nods, gives a thumbs up and gestures to remain quiet. Not wanting to further startle the beast, she gives Dexter a smile and mouths the words “I am on it.”.

Wait, why would this creature be wearing those things if its wild. Is it some type of new D-Bee? It doesn't look to be too dangerous but then just like me looks can be deceiving. Maybe I can get partly inside his mind.

Two Claws uses Telepathy (4) to try and see if she can judge emotional state. Creeping forward a step or two just in case. She then pauses to gauge how it's going to react to Dhaltunn’s offering and get a reading from her telepathy.

Lore: Cattle & Animals - 1d100 = 53 - 62% / to see if she can I'd what type of creature it it
Lore: Demons & Monsters - 1d100 = 8 -62% / to see if she can I'd what type of creature it it
Prowl - 1d100 = 75 - 54% / to try and move closer s few steps without being noticed
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Salomón » Fri May 10, 2019 7:45 am

**ROLLS HELD**




The High Magus watches as the group partially reacts, with Dexter reaching to his helmet and talking to someone on it, while Dhaltuun pulls out some food and Two Claws begins to move toward the dinosaur.

He protectively stays within a few feet of Sarah, unsure if she can handle herself if things go wrong and mindful of his charge to guard and protect her.

"Do you know anything about that species?" he says to Sarah in a low voice.

I hope we know what we're doing here. There could be more around.

He looks around warily, aware that having everyone's attention focused in one area is a prime setup for an ambush.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Rufus » Mon May 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 37

Conditions:
- Lifeward cast on armor

Consumer wrote:The day goes relatively peaceful, with the science types shuffling around their various spots while the Templar keep a watch on the area. It's nearing five in the afternoon when Bob notices something about the same time Dhaltuun does. There is a Dinosaur watching the group from the trees nearby. It is a bulky or chubby Raptor like dinosaur with scaly skin in light green tones with a tan throat and under body. It's arms and legs are heavier with short claws. What seems unusual about this particular dinosaur is the fact that it seems to be wearing jewelry and has a bag strapped across it's back. At the current moment the dinosaur doesn't seem to have noticed that it's been spotted.


Rufus raises an eyebrow as he’s alerted to the presence of a newcomer. Hmph. Didn’t hear it or smell it. Either I’m going soft or our new friend’s just that good. Could be bad news either way. His ears swivel around, trying to get a more definitive fix on the dinosaur’s location, while he sniffs the wind to pick up its scent. He also brings his more arcane senses to bear to see if the newcomer seems to emanate any magical energies.

Attempts to zero in on dino's location and ascertain magical levels if any
1d100 = 4/67% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 3/42% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ (152.4 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)


Jason Long wrote:”Ok, people. I want no hostile moves. Our friend here is wearing ornamentation and a backpack, so this may be a sentient being, not a dumb animal. It also is watching us, not attacking. Two Claws, if it simply runs off, I would like you to start tracking it. Not a pursuit, but to find out where it came from. Does anyone have any idea what our friend is or how to communicate with it? I am not in a good position to attempt contact.”


A dinosaur with bling? Not something you see every day… he muses as he thumbs his radio. “Roger that. Working on the first part. Give me a second and I can take care of the other.”

He runs the known possibilities through his head -- monsters, demons, D-bees, magical creatures, psychics, everything he can think of. If he comes up with any ideas he'll radio them to the group.

Attempts to ID what the dinosaur may be and communicate any findings
Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100 = 50/62%
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 7/72%
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100 = 33/62%
Lore: Psychics & Psionics -- 1d100 = 53/62%
Mythology -- 1d100 = 57/52%
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 12/72%


He touches his ear and jaw as he softly chants an incantation. মুখের মধ্যে কথা বলতে.” As an added measure, he touches his eyebrow and softly chants another. আত্মা দেখুন.”

Spells Cast
Casting Tongues spell -- 12 PPE
Casting See Aura spell -- 6 PPE


Dexter Portlywright wrote:”Roger, boss. Dhaltunn is seeing if it's hungry and me will see if Tee-See has any insights. Over.


As he waits to see if Dhaltuun’s attempts are successful, he looks around the area (with his eyes/nose/ears) to make sure there aren’t more. If one managed to slip up on us, others could have too.

Searching for other dinosaurs
1d100 = 59/67% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 99/42% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ (152.4 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed May 15, 2019 4:45 am

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

Dexter is standing there waiting for the next big move to happen. His throat dry and scratchy and his anxiety is ping ponging. Even his stomach is joining in on the fun by bobbing up and down like chicken pack at the ground. With his anxiety and surges of adrenaline, the excitement feels like when he turns a project on for the first time. Dexter manages to swallow. Seeing Two Claws taking s couple of steps forward, Dexter starts making movement but then catches himself right away. What is da little Las doing? Does she know she's doing? Me hope so. Hope Dhaltunn does, too. Lately his endeavors have resulted in less dan favorable outcomes but it does keep life Interesting. Me wish sumting would happen cuz all dis tension is thick as me beard. Me always hate dis waiting part. Dexter powers his rifle slightly, to help maybe ease some of the tension in the air. He also relaxes his stance just a bit.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Consumer » Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 am

Locals, who needs them?
Skills
Jason Long:
Radio:Basic (communicating with team): Works as intended.
Sensory Equipment (using radar to check for metal returns): The Templar show up, if the dinosaur has metal, he's not got enough of it to make a clear return.
Sensory Equipment (using thermal to look for heat sources): The Templars show up, hard to tell anything else, even the Dinosaur blends in with the background heat.
Dhaltuun:
Lore: Demon (try to id creature): A Raptor for sure, maybe a Raptor King, Could be a strange mutant even.
Lore: Faerie (try to id creature): Not a Faerie.
Lore: Magic - **General Knowledge: (try to id creature): Maybe a shape changed Dragon... Unlikely.
Paramedic (quick look over for obvious injuries): None seen. Though Dhaltuun isn't sure either way.
Dexter:
Radio: Basic (to talk with Jason): Works as intended.
Two Claws:
Lore: Cattle & Animals (to see if she can I'd what type of creature it is): Definitely a Raptor of some form.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (to see if she can I'd what type of creature it is): Raptor King, small details give it away. Human intelligence and usually mean. Scarier is their ability to control other Raptors.
Prowl (to try and move closer s few steps without being noticed): Thinks she's doing great.
Telepathy: Their armor will bring me a good price, but that Tank is a frightening concept. Wonder if I can get the pilot out of it?
Rufus:
Kankoran Natural Abilities: (To recognize common/known smells.): Rufus has found it hard to catch individual scents in this scent heavy environment, luck is with him as a breeze brings some smells that are out of place. Old Blood, reptiles (Which are very difficult to track by smell), and Ozone.
Kankoran Natural Abilities: (To recognize the scent of others up to 50’ away): Definitely recognizes the Templars, and the professor's crew. Could likely track the dinosaur if he had too.
Ley Line Walker Abilities: (Sense Magic in Use: Up to 500’ away.): None present.
Ley Line Walker Abilities: (See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000'): Raptor has a high P.P.E.
Lore: D-Bee (ID Creature): Not a D-Bee Rufus is aware of.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (ID Creature): Raptor King, coloration and scale patterns confirm it for Rufus. Very Dangerous creatures.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (ID Creature): Not a Faerie.
Lore: Psychics & Psionics (ID Creature): Minor Psychics save for their control over other Raptors.
Mythology (ID Creature): Not in that particular Wheelhouse.
Radio: Basic (Communicate with Team): Works as intended.
Casting Tongues spell -- 12 PPE (Works Fine)
Casting See Aura spell -- 6 PPE
• Estimate the general level of experience: Mid.
• The presence of magic (no indication of what type or the power level): Yes.
• The presence of psychic abilities (again though, not the type or power level): Yes.
• High or low base P.P.E: High.
• The presence of a Possessing Entity: None.
• The presence of an unusual human aberration and/or indicates a serious illness, insanity, or that the individual is not-human, could be mutant or supernatural, but does not specify which.: Doesn't show up as it's not human.



The group is confused about the voyeuristic dinosaur. Some people become defensive, while others try to see if they can identify it. Dhaltuun tries to see if it's hungry, by offering it jerky. As Two Clawas and Dhaltuun shift a little bit closer, the creature mover from one side of the tree and forward. "You can stop right their Dwarf... You too skinwalker." The creature says gesturing towards Two Claws.

"You're in my domain, and I demand payment. What will you offer me to not suffer my wrath?" The Raptor King asks with a smug sense of authority.

Image

What are your Intentions?

Still not in combat, but if you chose to fight post Combat stuff. Those of you with Sixth Sense will get the warning before it happens. ~Consumer

Butcher's Bill:
[color=red]Will be cumulative for the scene.
Rufus: -18 P.P.E.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Two Claws » Fri May 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 49 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 98

Raptor King wrote:"You can stop right their Dwarf... You too skinwalker." The creature says gesturing towards Two Claws.

"You're in my domain, and I demand payment. What will you offer me to not suffer my wrath?" The Raptor King asks with a smug sense of authority.


When the raptor speaks, Two Claws shows some signs of confusion. It takes her a moment to gather her composer. Her eyes focused on the raptor, making sure it doesn't make any sudden movements. Two Claws shifts her stance to a more aggressive one. She uses her Telepathy to inform the others of the Raptor king's intent.

Raptor King wrote:Their armor will bring me a good price, but that Tank is a frightening concept. Wonder if I can get the pilot out of it?


Well I don't think he's going to friendly. It's thinking about taking our armor and go sell it. That thing is not much of a threat on it's own so there must be others lurking about, watch out. The only way he is getting kind is prying it from my cold dead hands. Besides, I don't think the spirit wants it to have it anyways but one good thing is that it's afraid of Bonaparte. If you guys want, I could jump and attack it. Try and see if I can flush out any others that might be hiding. Just give the word and I'll pounce.

Two Claws keeps her distance while he communicates with the others. She keeps a sharp eye out for any possible surprise attacks. Remembering that the raptor had asked a question, she puffs her chest before replying to the raptor. Two Claws' voice shows no sign of fear or hesitation and her words are deliberate and precise.


"I'm sorry that we have intruded into your""Domain. We meant no harm or disrespect but demanding a payment from us is bit out of the question. The only payment I shall be making is with your life. By which, I mean if you leave us be, than I shall spare your life. You are clearly outnumber and out muscled. The choice is now yours to make. I hope you make the right one but then I do like scuffle every once in awhile. Either way I'll be happy."

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 35 - 57% - to see if there are any more raptors around ready to attack
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Salomón » Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16/46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC(100): 1d100 = 14
JIC(20): 1d20 = 1

Salomón has his MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle rifle in his hands as he watches over the area.

Skill Rolls
Lore: Demons & Monster (recognize the dinosaur) --> 1d100 = 60/66%
Lore: Magic & Geomancy -- Recognize Enchantment (see if Sarah is under the influence of an enchantment)--> 1d100 = 61/46%
Paramedic (see if Sarah is in shock or if there's another medical reason she's not responding to him) -- 1d100 = 92/56%




Salomón keeps the business end of his rifle pointed toward the side, and not in the direction of the raptor. He is curious about Sarah's lack of reply to his question, and walks over to look at her closely to see if something is wrong with her.

"Roger that, Group Leader. Looks like Two Claws is acting on the aggressive side. Please advise" he asks on the radio.

I find it difficult to believe that this thing is alone... he thinks while looking around the area again to see any clues that might indicate the presence of others.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon May 20, 2019 5:04 am

JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 72
Init: 1d20 = 4
Perc: 1d100 = 49
Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / PPE: 70 / 115 at end of post

Skills - N/A


Consumer wrote:The group is confused about the voyeuristic dinosaur. Some people become defensive, while others try to see if they can identify it. Dhaltuun tries to see if it's hungry, by offering it jerky. As Two Claws and Dhaltuun shift a little bit closer, the creature mover from one side of the tree and forward. "You can stop right their Dwarf... You too skinwalker." The creature says gesturing towards Two Claws.

"You're in my domain, and I demand payment. What will you offer me to not suffer my wrath?" The Raptor King asks with a smug sense of authority.


Dhaltuun stops dead in his tracks as the dino speaks. Seeing it gesture, He pulls his breechlock and holds down by his leg. ”What in Njords name? A talking dino? I have heard stories, never thought they were true. A Raptor King??!! Maybe.” He watches Two Claws out the corner of his eye. With a breathe, Dhaltuun says loudly,but not yelling. ”* Valkyrie !! Sirkle rundt bak. Pass på at det ikke er noen ubudne gjester!” With a smirk, he looks the Raptor King as Two Claws goes off on it. Noticing her change in stance, Dhaltuun shifts his own feet into a shooting poistion.
”Marcella, help Jessie look For others. We got this silly thing.”

Two Claws keeps her distance while he communicates with the others. She keeps a sharp eye out for any possible surprise attacks. Remembering that the raptor had asked a question, she puffs her chest before replying to the raptor. Two Claws' voice shows no sign of fear or hesitation and her words are deliberate and precise.


”Well. Damn, our kitten has some claws.” While keeping the barrel pointed down, Dhaltuun cocks his breechlock. He starts to think of a way to subdue the dino before anything lethal happens. He runs options thru his head as Two Claws steps up.

"I'm sorry that we have intruded into your" … "Domain. We meant no harm or disrespect but demanding a payment from us is bit out of the question. The only payment I shall be making is with your life. By which, I mean if you leave us be, than I shall spare your life. You are clearly outnumber and out muscled. The choice is now yours to make. I hope you make the right one but then I do like scuffle every once in awhile. Either way I'll be happy."


Without losing his smirk, Dhaltuun rattles off a word or two and snaps his fingers. ”** Njord, Vis ham Valhalla !!” ((Cast Trance)). Once the dino is dazed, Dhaltuun says ”*** Njord, Surround ham i din ære!” (( Cast Energy Field)). As soon as the bubble appears, dDhaltuun looks over his shoulder. ”We have a few minutes. Nothing in and nothing out till time runs out or it gets broken. Templars, what is the plan?” He Turns to face the others ”**** Njord, Hold beistene unna!” Then a wave of his hand, ”And that should keep away any of his friends.” ((Repel Animals))

Actions - edited
1 - pull breechlock & cock it if needed
2 - speak
3 - Cast Energy Field around the Raptor (10)
4 - approach within 12' of the Raptor & cast Trace on the Raptor (10)
5 - Contingency: If the Raptor seems affected by Trance, speak to team
If the Raptor seems unaffected by Trance, cast it again
6 - Cast Repel animals (7)
7 - use for dodge or parry as needed

Translations -
* Valkyrie!! Circle around behind. Make sure there are no uninvited guests!!
** Njord, Show him Valhalla!!
*** Njord, Surround him in your glory!!
**** Njord, Keep the beasts away!!
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed May 22, 2019 5:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 95

Consumer wrote:"You can stop right their Dwarf... You too skinwalker." The creature says gesturing towards Two Claws.

"You're in my domain, and I demand payment. What will you offer me to not suffer my wrath?"


Fucking pull me beard. What da we tell em. Dat look NOT like no aggression. Cats will be cats me guess. Dis ain't going to end well. Me just hope they ain't no more of them around. Wonder what boss man is gonna say 'bout dis. Dexter shakes his head when he hears Two Claws talks to dinosaur. He changes his stance to a purely defensive stance. Dexter scans the nearby bushes and other large derbies, in an attempt to see if he can see any more raptors. Damn me short legs. We dwarves not be suited well for this foresty stuff. Now what is me cuz doi'n. He ain't be help'n. Might as well just burn da forest down at this point. Might make more sense. Dexter slouches his shoulders in disappointment. He quickly looks over at Salomon when he hears his voice come over the comm system. Triggering the mic, he adds. "Yeah, me dont know if she is good a diplomacy or and skills fer dat matt'r." Dexter stands still and tries to judge the reaction of the raptor for deciding to take any further action, unless Jason suggest otherwise.

OOC Comments
  • Radio: Basic 70% / 1d100 = 46 to talk with Jason
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Jason Long » Wed May 22, 2019 10:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 66 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 26

Consumer wrote:"You're in my domain, and I demand payment. What will you offer me to not suffer my wrath?"


Well, at least communicating with it won't be an issue. Now if we can make peaceful contact.. Jason's train of thought is interrupted by Two Claws challenge:
Two Claws wrote:"I'm sorry that we have intruded into your" … "Domain. We meant no harm or disrespect but demanding a payment from us is bit out of the question. The only payment I shall be making is with your life. By which, I mean if you leave us be, than I shall spare your life. You are clearly outnumber and out muscled. The choice is now yours to make. I hope you make the right one but then I do like scuffle every once in awhile. Either way I'll be happy."


Jason cringes a bit as Two Claws chooses a more confrontational stance with the dinosaur. Note to self, Two Claws is not our best choice for first contact. Kinda reminds me of Kilo...

Two Claws wrote:Well I don't think he's going to friendly. It's thinking about taking our armor and go sell it. That thing is not much of a threat on it's own so there must be others lurking about, watch out. The only way he is getting kind is prying it from my cold dead hands. Besides, I don't think the spirit wants it to have it anyways but one good thing is that it's afraid of Bonaparte. If you guys want, I could jump and attack it. Try and see if I can flush out any others that might be hiding. Just give the word and I'll pounce.


Jason is shocked by the sudden mental communication. Not knowing if Two Claws can hear him, he thinks back, "Hold for now, lets see if he's alone."

Jason switches to Bonaparte's PA system. He adjusts the volume so that the Templar and the dinosaur can hear him easily without it being uncomfortable.

"Well, my reptilian friend, I am Jason Long of the Templar. I would suggest that if you wish something, you introduce yourself first. Making demands without doing so is simply poor manners. If you wish to speak with us peacefully, lay down your bag and come slowly into the open. As long as you remain peaceful, I, as leader of the Templar, guarantee your safe passage. If you do not wish to talk peacefully with us, then leave. Your other alternatives are not so palatable. Templar, stand ready. "

Jason then switches off the PA and over to radio: "Ok, those of you with radios on, don't get too fixated on this guy. Scan the perimeter to see if there are others. Professor, did you bring anything to trade with people whose lands you might be crossing?
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Rufus » Fri May 24, 2019 7:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 7
Initiative (if needed): 1d20+4 = 10
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 211/229 at start of post
- Tongues spell active: 11 melees remaining

Rufus facepalms as the encounter takes a decidedly undiplomatic turn. “Wolvenar’s whiskers,” he mutters under his breath. Our first encounter out here at the dig site, and we’re already picking a fight. He flicks his mic and says softly. “Raptor King. Odds are he’s not alone.”

He takes a step or two forward and clears his throat. “My apologies, kolega čarovnika*. Our scout here is a bit of an action junkie and has a tendency to react this way when she’s surprised. And Dhaltuun here didn’t realize we had the pleasure of meeting an actual Raptor King; otherwise he’d probably have just called out asking if you’d like some lunch.”

Jason Long wrote:"Well, my reptilian friend, I am Jason Long of the Templar. I would suggest that if you wish something, you introduce yourself first. Making demands without doing so is simply poor manners. If you wish to speak with us peacefully, lay down your bag and come slowly into the open. As long as you remain peaceful, I, as leader of the Templar, guarantee your safe passage. If you do not wish to talk peacefully with us, then leave. Your other alternatives are not so palatable. Templar, stand ready. "

Jason then switches off the PA and over to radio: "Ok, those of you with radios on, don't get too fixated on this guy. Scan the perimeter to see if there are others. Professor, did you bring anything to trade with people whose lands you might be crossing?


“See? We really prefer to deal with others peacefully and stuff...” He nods then gestures to the rest of the group. “We mean no harm to anyone. Our scholars are merely seeking to learn more about a battle that once took place here. If this is your domain, though, perhaps you might know something about this area? I’m sure they’d appreciate any insight you could give.” Using slow movements he opens up his backpack and pulls out a scroll. “Perhaps this could be worth your trouble? It was given to me by a rather powerful mage back in MercTown. I’m sure you can tell from here that it’s the genuine article. Could fetch a pretty decent price, you know.”

Attempts to persuade Raptor King
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 98/40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 48/25%


Rufus waits for the Raptor King to respond.

*fellow wizard

-------------------------------------------------

((CONTINGENCY IN CASE DHALTUUN’S ATTACKS GO OFF AND THE JURASSIC POOP HITS THE FAN))

However, when Dhal starts casting spells he just groans. “Well, so much for ‘peacefully and stuff’ I guess.” Here’s hoping our friend here doesn’t have any backup out in the bushes. He chants to himself “ সামান্য যাদু বর্ম” and activates his ring to vanish from sight before pulling out his pistol designed to counter supernatural beings like their new friend.

Actions (if needed):
  1. Cast Armor of Ithan on himself (-10 PPE)
  2. Activates Ring of Invisibility
  3. Re-slings backpack/draws TW Thundergun
  4. Shoot Raptor King. Strike: 1d20+3 = 21; Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 MDC if a supernatural being, otherwise 5d6 = 25 MD
  5. Shoot Raptor King. Strike: 1d20+3 = 11; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 MDC if a supernatural being, otherwise 5d6 = 20 MD
  6. Shoot Raptor King. Strike: 1d20+3 = 14; Damage: 1d6*10 = 50 MDC if a supernatural being, otherwise 5d6 = 21 MD
  7. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+7 = 14
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Consumer » Fri May 24, 2019 9:57 am

Locals, who needs them?
Skills
Jason Long:
None Used.
Dhaltuun:
None Used.
Dexter:
Radio: Basic (To talk with Jason.): Works as intended.
Two Claws:
Detect Ambush (To see if there are any more raptors around ready to attack.): While a bit moot at this point, yes there were more Raptors and then some.
Rufus:
Charm/Impress: Raptor King is not Impressed, but when you're a talking Dinosaur, would you find talking fox people impressive?
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: He finds you neither trust worthy or frightening, it's as if he knows Rufus is a cuddly puppy.
Salomón:
Lore: Demons & Monster (recognize the dinosaur): Some manner of Raptor, not normal as far as you can tell.
Lore: Magic & Geomancy (Recognize Enchantment (see if Sarah is under the influence of an enchantment)): Doesn't seem like it.
Paramedic (see if Sarah is in shock or if there's another medical reason she's not responding to him): Doesn't seem like it, humans are weird.


The situation is tense, a illogical Mexican stand-off where a single individual stands off against a fully armed group. Either the creature was insane or he knew something that no one else knew.

Two Claws wrote:"I'm sorry that we have intruded into your""Domain. We meant no harm or disrespect but demanding a payment from us is bit out of the question. The only payment I shall be making is with your life. By which, I mean if you leave us be, than I shall spare your life. You are clearly outnumber and out muscled. The choice is now yours to make. I hope you make the right one but then I do like scuffle every once in awhile. Either way I'll be happy."


Dhaltuun begins giving orders to his minion in Norwegian. While the Raptor King looks more than a little displeased at Two Claws.

Jason Long wrote:"Well, my reptilian friend, I am Jason Long of the Templar. I would suggest that if you wish something, you introduce yourself first. Making demands without doing so is simply poor manners. If you wish to speak with us peacefully, lay down your bag and come slowly into the open. As long as you remain peaceful, I, as leader of the Templar, guarantee your safe passage. If you do not wish to talk peacefully with us, then leave. Your other alternatives are not so palatable. Templar, stand ready. "


Jason's voice carries well over the fetid swamp air. The Raptor King looks towards the tank. "You don't seem to understand Tribute do you?" It says loud enough to be heard by all.

Rufus wrote:“See? We really prefer to deal with others peacefully and stuff...” He nods then gestures to the rest of the group. “We mean no harm to anyone. Our scholars are merely seeking to learn more about a battle that once took place here. If this is your domain, though, perhaps you might know something about this area? I’m sure they’d appreciate any insight you could give.” Using slow movements he opens up his backpack and pulls out a scroll. “Perhaps this could be worth your trouble? It was given to me by a rather powerful mage back in MercTown. I’m sure you can tell from here that it’s the genuine article. Could fetch a pretty decent price, you know.”


"while I am entertained by you're feeble attempts at diplomacy, and I'll be honest you may have swayed me if not for the fact that the rest of your number doesn't seem very good in the least. Now since you've decided not to pay tribute, I will now take all of your stuff and sell those of you who survive to slavery." The Raptor King says before making a sharp whistle. At this point all hell breaks loose.

From the east of Jason and Boneparte, he notices a large return. As a twenty foot tall raptor like dinosaur appears out of nowhere and charges towards Boneparte. The Professor proceeds to run north east, while the Raptor King mumbles the words to some manner of arcane spell, a shimmering field surrounds it for a moment. Sarah runs towards the north East in an attempt to get away from the incoming threat. Rufus does much the same as the Raptor King and casts a spell that surrounds him with a shimmering field while moving within reach of Dhaltuun. From the South West a pack of mixed Raptors begin charging forward through the swamp from behind bushes and trees. Bob moves to interpose himself between The incoming Raptors and his wards. Dhaltuun casts a spell that surrounds the Raptor king in a Dome of shimmering energy.

Rufus goes invisible, Dhaltuun casts another spell, and is unsure if it worked or not. The Raptor king quickly answers the question by laughing. The Allosaurus and the Raptors and Allosaurus continue moving forward, while Dhaltuun tries to entrance the Raptor King again. "Foolish dwarf you couldn't charm a beer." The Raptor King says before Dhaltuun casts another spell, though it seems to have no immediate effect as none of the Raptors are near enough. Rufus puts a trio of shots towards the Raptor King, and in the end the Energy Field collapses from the damage. The Raptor King laughs. "No coordination, how do you warm bloods even survive in the world?" It says mockingly.




Leo

Leo has been having a bad time the last few days. He has been running from his pursuers fro what seems like forever. Either with luck or not, Leo fell through a small rift, which dumped him into a hot and humid swamp. At the moment it seems that his pursuers have lost his trail. Leo was about to breathe a sigh of relief, when a massive creature roars and snatches him up by his backpack. a few jarring moments later as the creature shakes him about. Whether by luck or happenstance the creature shaking managed to throw him several hundred feet into a swampy bog. Bringing himself to his feet, Leo sees the creature charging after him, ahead, Leo sees people looking like they're about to get into a fight with smaller dinosaurs.




Everyone

From the south west a humanoid body flies through the and lands into the swamp behind the approaching Raptors. The roar of a much larger dinosaur seems to be following him.


Image

Combat Round 1


Butcher's Bill:
Will be cumulative for the scene.
Rufus: -28 P.P.E., Ring of Invisibilty Activated, -3 shots from Thunder Gun.
Dhaltuun: -37 P.P.E.
Leo: Backpack: -5 M.D.C.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Leo » Fri May 24, 2019 10:24 am

Perception: 31% 1d100 = 36 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 65

Leo lands with a SPLAT on the boggy ground.

It's hot and wet and gross. But at least no slavers... yet. Hopefully that rift threw them off my trail. I'd say I'm safe for now...

He sits up, and sees the large dinosaur bearing down on him.

...But I'm not.

Sighing deeply, he pulls himself to his feet, and unslings his giant hammer. He catches sight of the humans and assorted dbees - two dwarves, and a fox person of some sort - facing off against more dinosaurs.

Lore: D-Bee 35% 1d100 = 11 (identify the dbee races present - SUCCESS)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 85 (identify the monsters/dinosaurs present - FAIL)

He nods his head, resigned to fight. "I get it." He grips his battle-hammer with one hand. "It's showtime."

Leo will stand his ground where he is - if the big dino charges him, he will hit it with his hammer (the resulting gravity wave will catch any dinosaurs in it's 20' radius swath of destruction). He'll continue to hammer away at the big guy (or any of the little guys if they get too close) and trust the humans and assorted others not to come too close after the grav waves start.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21 (Nat. 20!)

APM: 6

Action 1: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 24; Damage 3d6+25 = 35 M.D.; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 40, 20' radius
Aciton 2: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 25; Damage 3d6+25 = 38 M.D.; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 40, 20' radius
Action 3: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 20; Damage 3d6+25 = 36 M.D.; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 10, 20' radius
Action 4: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 7 (Nat. 1!); Damage 3d6+25 = 39 M.D.; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 30, 20' radius
Action 5: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 26 (Nat. 20!); Damage 3d6+25 = 34 M.D. X 2 (Crit) = 43 MD + knockout; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 40 X 2 = 80, 20' radius
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge if autododge fails 1d20+8 = 14

Parries (with hammer): 1) 1d20+10 = 19, 2) 1d20+10 = 20, 3) 1d20+10 = 14, 4) 1d20+10 = 25, 5) 1d20+10 = 26, 6) 1d20+10 = 17

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+2 = 21, 2) 1d20+2 = 4, 3) 1d20+2 = 14, 4) 1d20+2 = 12, 5) 1d20+2 = 12, 6) 1d20+2 = 17
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Salomón » Fri May 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC(100): 1d100 = 49
JIC(20): 1d20+2 = 13

Conditions: Sixth Sense bonuses applicable to this first melee round: +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Initiative: 1d20 = 11 + 10 = 22
Number of attacks: 5




So much for diplomacy... thinks the High Magus as the fray begins.

Salomón sees Leo engaging with another dinosaur some 100' away. While he can't make out details, he can tell it's a humanoid and it's fighting the dinosaurs.

The enemy of mine enemy... he thinks briefly, and presumes Leo to be an ally - at least for now.

He notices the Professor and Sarah move toward the northeast direction to back away from the fight, and Bob follow. Salomón remembers his job is to protect Sarah, so he says to her, "Stay close."

He then turns to the Dog Boy and says, in a deadly serious tone, "Bob, if these lizards approach, I need you to keep them at bay for a few seconds while I work some magic to give us a pretty solid advantage..."

First, he casts Invincible Armor upon himself.

Invincible Armor
Range: Self or one other by touch.
Duration: Three minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Thirty
Although not quite as "invincible" as the name suggests, this impressive magical armor encases the wearer in a suit of shimmering,
translucent plate armor, complete with full helmet. The armor has 25 M.D.C. per level of the spell caster, and regenerates damage at the rate
of 1D6 M.D.C. per melee round. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases,
fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.
Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor! Should the armor be destroyed, it
absorbs all the extra damage and disappears in a flash of light. No damage is carried over to the wearer. Note: Magical armor can not be
placed on giant Automatons, power armor or robots.
Limitation: Cumbersome; the wearer is - 15% to prowl, climb, swim or perform other physical skills.


Then, as he looks around, Salomón takes a calculated risk and pours almost all of his remaining magical power into a mighty spell that could turn the fight in our favor: He casts Disharmonize

Disharmonize
Range: The spell can be cast up to 1,000 feet (305 m) away.
Radius of Affect: 50 feet (15.2m) per level of experience.
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: One Hundred Fifty
This spell is designed to disrupt and confuse organized units of the enemy (large groups of 20 or more people). Upon casting the spell, the
mage is surrounded by an aura of hazy light that expands in all directions.
Each enemy (known allies are unaffected) must save vs magic.
Success indicates that the spell has no effect. Failure means the mind of the enemy has been clouded by the spell. Those who fall to disharmony
will be unable to act quickly, make decisions or properly follow orders. They are also incapable of working in concert with their fellows. Essentially,
those affected cease to become a cohesive group and degrade into confused individuals. In addition, those affected lose half their attacks
per melee round, lose initiative, and perform skills at -20% (due to hesitation and uncertainty).


Important note
Salomón is presuming that, for now, Leo is an ally (and thus he should not be affected). Salomón has a 100' radius range (which should capture every dinosaur on the map), and a spell strength of 13, so that is the target to save. Recall that all animals have a -4 to save vs magic (RUE page 367)


Action 1: Speak to Sarah and Bob, begin casting Invincible Armor
Action 2: Finish casting Invincible Armor
Action 3: Begin casting Disharmonize
Action 4: Continue casting Disharmonize
Action 5: Finish casting Disharmonize

CONTINGENCIES
If Salomón's casting is interrupted, he will auto-parry as needed after the interruption (NOT during spellcasting!): 1d20 = 18+10=28, 1d20 = 19+10=29, 1d20 = 16+10=26,1d20 = 2+10=12, 1d20 = 6+10=16
He will also engage the attacker(s) with 3 shot bursts from his rifle, if his casting is interrupted, until the attacker either disengages or drops:
Fire at attacker 1d20+2 = 9, damage:(1d61d610)+6 = 6 M.D.
Fire at attacker 1d20+2 = 20, damage:(1d61d610)+6 = 6 M.D.
Fire at attacker 1d20+2 = 13, damage:(1d61d610)+6 = 6 M.D.
Fire at attacker 1d20+2 = 3, damage:(1d61d610)+6 = 6 M.D.
Fire at attacker 1d20 = 5+2=7, damage:(1d61d610)+6 = 6 M.D.

Damage Dice for shots above
Ok, sorry but somehow the damage dice got screwed up, so redoing those here:
(1d6*10)+6 = 16
(1d6*10)+6 = 66
(1d6*10)+6 = 66
(1d6*10)+6 = 16
(1d6*10)+6 = 16

1d20 = 20
Last edited by Salomón on Sat May 25, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri May 24, 2019 2:25 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 54
Init: 1d20 = 8
Perc: 1d100 = 19

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear /
PPE: 70 / 115 at end of post

Skills - N/A


Consumer wrote: While the Raptor King looks more than a little displeased at Two Claws.


Dhaltuun keeps watching the raptor king. ”What?? Resisted all my magic? Not forever, mother fucker!!” He listens to the others as he reviews his magic in his mind.

Jason Long wrote: "Well, my reptilian friend, I am Jason Long of the Templar. I would suggest that if you wish something, you introduce yourself first. Making demands without doing so is simply poor manners. If you wish to speak with us peacefully, lay down your bag and come slowly into the open. As long as you remain peaceful, I, as leader of the Templar, guarantee your safe passage. If you do not wish to talk peacefully with us, then leave. Your other alternatives are not so palatable. Templar, stand ready. "


As soon as Jason gives the order, Dhaltuun raises his Bigbore and goes into shooting position. He forces his breathing to calm, as he stares down the barrel at the mouthpiece of a walking purse. At the comment of tributes, Dhaltuun can't hold back. ” How do y’all like your dino done? Fried, or smashed?”

Rufus wrote: “See? We really prefer to deal with others peacefully and stuff...” He nods then gestures to the rest of the group. “We mean no harm to anyone. Our scholars are merely seeking to learn more about a battle that once took place here. If this is your domain, though, perhaps you might know something about this area? I’m sure they’d appreciate any insight you could give.” Using slow movements he opens up his backpack and pulls out a scroll. “Perhaps this could be worth your trouble? It was given to me by a rather powerful mage back in MercTown. I’m sure you can tell from here that it’s the genuine article. Could fetch a pretty decent price, you know.”


Dhaltuun raises an eyebrow as Rufus negotiates. ’Nice try, Rufus. But I think we be past parlay. All good, he gets rude or moves funny…. Me baby here will deal with him.” He brandishes his breechlock before settling back to aiming.

Consumer wrote: "while I am entertained by you're feeble attempts at diplomacy, and I'll be honest you may have swayed me if not for the fact that the rest of your number doesn't seem very good in the least. Now since you've decided not to pay tribute, I will now take all of your stuff and sell those of you who survive to slavery." The Raptor King says before making a sharp whistle. At this point, all hell breaks loose


At the word slavery, Dhaltuun snaps. With a loud WHAT??, he pulls the trigger to his |Bigbore breech lock, aimed for the king’s face. This is followed by Dhaltuun charging in with a ” BY TEMPLAR’S LIGHT!! You will pay For that!”. As he moves, he drops the gun and grabs his rune hook. Once within range, he hits the king’s left knee and as it starts to buckle, Dhaltuun grabs the king’s left ankle with the hook, and with a hard yank, attempts to take this fight to the ground.

Actions -
1 - “WHAT?” shoot breechlock strike: 1d20+1 = 21 / Damage: 1d6 = 4 + Bigbore knockdown effect
2 - drop pistol and grab hook ”BY TEMPLAR’S LIGHT!! You will pay For that!”.
3 - strike right knee with hook - 1d20+10 = 24 / Damage: 1d4 = 4 MD
4 - hook same leg with hook (body flip) - 1d20+11 = 29 / Damage: 1d6 = 1 MD
5 - use for parry 5d20+9 = 49:
11, 3, 6, 1, 19
as needed

Roll with impact - 5d20+10 = 86:
6, 18, 19, 18, 15



[HR] Jessie [/HR}

Perception: 1d100 = 78 = /23%
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 88
Initiative: 1d20 = 19
APM: 5

Jessie is flying recon when she hears the encounter. ”What has he done now?” With a smile, she flies back, knowing Dhaltuun is in need of her once again. As she approaches she hears the threat and response. She pauses for a moment, then once the shit has hit the fan, she joins the fray. ”In The name of all that is holy!! Dhaltuun is in melee with a dino? For the sake of odin.” She places her shield in front of her and pours on the speed, aiming for the back of the Raptor king’s head as Dhaltuun goes under it. Whether successful or not, she lands and draws her sword. ”Need a hand, Boss?” Without awaiting on answer, she positions herself to be his shield while he fights. She will focus on trying to work with dhaltunn, and attack when there is an opening. ”We can do this. When he goes low, i will attack high”

Combat -
1 & 2 = Flying slam with shield into back of King’s head - Strike: 1d20+2 = 7 / Damage: Bash 2d6 = 6MD
3 = Land and draw sword
4 = Slash with sword Strike: 1d20+3 = 18 / Damage: 4d6 = 9MD
5 = Slash with sword Strike: 1d20+3 = 4 / Damage: 4d6 = 11MD

Parries: With shield - 5d20+2 = 51:
17, 16, 4, 9, 3

1d20+1 = 16
1d6 = 6
1d20+10 = 16
1d4 = 3
1d4 = 4
1d20+11 = 22
1d6 = 2
1d4 = 3
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Wed May 29, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed May 29, 2019 3:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 31 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 50

Dexter jumps into action as he see other member of the Templars already in action. His heart pounding in his throat. The sound almost deafening. Managing to hear the Raptor King's mocking comment. Take dis ya' mug bastard. He raises his rifle and aims it at the Raptor King. Dexter speaks an incantation and pours some of his energy out and erects an Energy Field (10) in front the non combants, in between them and the raptors. He plants his feet and squires up his shoulders as he begins another incantation. This time focusing his energy through his armor to cast Armor of Ithan (10). After Dexter expends some of magical energy he takes another look to see if the Raptor King has been snared or if he still has a clear shot, he pulls the trigger of Mage Fire Rifle and fired a single shot.

If he still has a clean shot he will fire a couple of more time at the Raptor King. A single shot each time. If his shot is obscured, he will focus on the next nearest raptor and fire his rifle at it. Dexter prepares himself to dodge the attacks from any raptor, should they get close enough.

Dexter notices another humanoid figure go flying through the air. He flinches as a much larger dinosaur's roar echoes through the swamp. Holy hammer, what dis that and who? Me dont like the sounds of it, dat fer sure. At least we got sum heavy hitt'n firepower. Let's just hope da human is friendly. It still be a lil' ways off. Just focus on these smaller ones first. "Take out dees'e smaller ones. Then we focus on da bigger one. Try and draw their attention away from Sarah and da utter non combatants."

Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 6
APM: 5

Action 1: Cast Energy Field (10) in ftont if the orhers and in between the raptors

Action 2: Cast Armor of Ithan (10) on self using his armor as focal point

Action 3: Shoot Raptor King with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle or nearest raptor if shot is unclear Attack: +2 1d20+2 = 17 Damage: 5d6+3 = 19

Action 4: Shoot Raptor King with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle or nearest raptor if shot is unclear Attack: +2 1d20+2 = 18 Damage: 5d6+3 = 23

Action 5: Shoot Raptor King with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle or nearest raptor if shot is unclear Attack: +2 1d20+2 = 21 Damage: 5d6+3 = 14

Parry: 5d20:
3, 7, 16, 10, 17
+2
Dodge (only if dinosaurs get close): 5d20:
7, 4, 3, 2, 13
+2
Last edited by Dexter Portlywright on Wed May 29, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Two Claws » Wed May 29, 2019 4:16 am

Perception : 1d100 = 82 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 33

Raptor King wrote:"No coordination, how do you warm bloods even survive in the world?"


Two Claws smiles and lets out a joyful laugh. Throwing her head back as she does so. Looking back at the Raptor King, Two Claws stares at him as she transforms herself into her giant mountain lion (cougar) form (10). She notices two things. First thing she notices is how all the other Templars are all aiming for the Raptor King. Second thing the giant dinosaur chasing another human, as far as she can tell.

Well, things just got more interesting. At least I got what I asked for. I should the the others take care otherwise leader. I'll take out the samplers ones and make my way toward the larger one coming from the south. That should prove more of a challenge.

Two Claws leaps toward the other dinosaurs to her south, letting a deep growl as she flies through the air. As she lands she starts to slash with he claws at any of the dinosaurs within her reach.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 12
Actions per melee: 6 (8 when in giant animal form)

Action 1: change into giant animal form (10) Action 2: leap at the raptor to the south of Two Claws and attack. - attack: 1d20+2 = 14 damage: 6d6+14 = 36
Action 4: swiping attack at the raptor attack: 1d20+2 = 3 damage: 6d6+14 = 43
Action 5 and 6: simultaneously attack Raptor and Allosaurus with a claws, as per W.P. Paired Weapons . attack Raptor: 1d20+2 = 13 damage: 6d6+14 = 33 attack Allosaurus: 1d20+2 = 12 damage: 6d6+14 = 33
Action 7: swiping attack at the raptor or allosurus if raptor is dead. attack: 1d20+2 = 18 damage: 6d6+14 = 37
Action 8: swiping attack at the raptor or allosurus if raptor is dead. attack: 1d20+2 = 5 damage: 6d6+14 = 32



Parry rolls +10 : 8d20:
2, 18, 19, 13, 6, 1, 16, 20
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Rufus » Wed May 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 75
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 23
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 201/229 at start of post
- Tongues spell active: 10 melees remaining
- 3/6 shots remaining in the Thundergun
- Armor of Ithan active: 50/50 MDC, 19 melees remaining
- Invisibility active: 9.75 minutes/39 melees remaining


Consumer wrote:A lot of Jurassic Poop hits the fan...


Annnnnnnd this is why we can't have nice things... Rufus grimaces to himself as the reinforcements he had suspected were nearby finally make their appearance. Sneering back at the Raptor King (not that it could see him) he responds with "Fine, have it your way -- we'll make a hood ornament out of your head and a suitcase out of your arse!"

Looks like Sal's got the civvies, and the dwarf brothers are taking on the Raptor King. TC's like a kid in a candy store. Wait, who's the new guy? As long as he's fighting dinos and not us, he's all right by me... he thinks as he keys his radio. "I'm going to try and buy us some time. Watch your step, everyone -- if this works it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel." IF it works...

He starts casting spells directly in front of the charging dinosaurs (longways in their running direction) where there's enough space between them and his companions, starting with the closest ones to the researchers, hoping to snare them like magical strips of flypaper.

(NOTE #1 -- The dinosaurs, of course, not the researchers)
(NOTE #2 -- Rufus won't be trying to cast CoA on the Raptor King because it's already in close combat with Dhal)

Combat Actions
  1. Cast Carpet of Adhesion in front of a charging dinosaur (-10 PPE)
  2. Cast Carpet of Adhesion in front of a charging dinosaur (-10 PPE)
  3. Cast Carpet of Adhesion in front of a charging dinosaur (-10 PPE)
  4. Cast Carpet of Adhesion in front of a charging dinosaur (-10 PPE)
  5. Cast Carpet of Adhesion in front of a charging dinosaur (-10 PPE)
  6. Switch from Thundergun to NG-45LP
  7. Reserved for dodging if need be. Dodge: 1d20+7 = 11
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Jason Long » Thu May 30, 2019 6:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 3

"Well, that went to shit in a hurry". Jason thinks to himself as he locks on to the dinosaur charging him. "Too fast for typical leap and fire, lets do this" Jason fires a burst from Bonaparte's MIW-20 tri-barrel into the charging dinosaur, then leaps 100' away, transforming to Battloid mid leap. Anyone looking his way may be shocked as more than 26 tons of mech flies through the air, twisting and reforming to land, gracefully, facing his opponent. Jason draws the EU-11 gun pod and begins firing bursts at the allosaur. He keeps Bonaparte partially side on to it, ready to use Bonaparte's arm shileds to parry attacks. He also stays ready to dodge if the dinosaur tries to charge and knock him over.

((Pilot: Ground Veritechs (all)--106%/ 1d100 = 9% )) leap and landing

Actions: 8
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 19
Action 1: Fire tri-barrel at Allosaur- 1d20+8 = 21 to hit, 1d6*10 = 40MD
Action 2: Leap away
Action 3: Draw EU-11
Action 4: Fire at Allosaur - 1d20+9 = 15 to hit, 1d4*10 = 10MD
Action 5: Fire at Allosaur - 1d20+9 = 27 to hit, 1d4*10 = 10MD
Action 6: Fire at Allosaur - 1d20+9 = 15 to hit, 1d4*10 = 10MD
Action 7: Fire at Allosaur - 1d20+9 = 14 to hit, 1d4*10 = 10MD
Action 8: reserved for dodge 1d20+9 = 19
Parry rolls: 1d20+10 = 28,1d20+10 = 30,1d20+10 = 20,1d20+10 = 25,1d20+10 = 21,1d20+10 = 15,1d20+10 = 29,1d20+10 = 18
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Consumer » Fri May 31, 2019 9:21 am

Locals, who needs them?

Initiatives:
Rufus: 23
Salomón: 22
Leo: 21
Allosaurus #1: 21
Jason Long: 19
Jessie 19
Bob: 16
Professor Bharb: 14
Two Claws: 12
Tiger Claw Raptors: 9
Titan Raptors 9
Dhaltuun: 8
Allosaurus #2: 8
Dexter: 6
Raptor King: 5
Sarah B: 1


With an uncanny speed Rufus reacts first, quickly speaking a short stanza and gesturing a sticky film of a carpet begins to appear beneath the feet of one of the charging Titan Raptor, but it manages to leap out of the path. (Nat 20 yo!). Salomón reacts almost as quickly, talking to people before starting to cast a lengthy spell. Leo decides to stand his ground against the much taller dinosaur and waits for it to charge him. The Allosaurus nearest to Bonepart charges and tries to take a bite out of the Hovertank. To which Jason manages to move the tank just out of the way barely. Jason retaliates by firing on the Allosaurus, scoring a hit on it's scaly flank. Jessie tries to slam the Raptor King in the back, but finds her blow parried. Bob fires his Laser SMG at a Titan Raptor, scoring a trio of hits on its leathery hide. Professor Bharb follows Sarah northward, looking for some manner of cover. Two claws begins to change shape into a large mountain cat. The Tiger Claw Raptors charge forward, one going for Dexter, Bob and Two Claws, hitting Dexter and Two Claws with bites. The Titan Raptors move in to attack going for Jessie and towards Salomón, though Jessie manages to parry with her shield. Dhaltuun shoots the Raptor King and knocks him down. The Allosaurus near Leo, true to concept charges the Titan Juicer, but the large man is too swift for the creature. Dexter casts Energy Field between himself and a raptor. The Raptor king chuckles and gets back up. "This'll be fun!" Sarah continues to move north.

Rufus tries to ensnare one of the Titan Raptors, and is surprised to see it clear the field of adhesion. Salomón finishes the difficult incantation of his Invincible armor spell. Leo swings on the Allosaurus in his face, hitting it solidly and creating a sonic backwash that doesn't seem to affect anything save the grass. The Allosaurus going after Boneparte takes a crunching bite on it's hull. Jason Performs a bit of ariel acrobatics leaping away from the Allosaurus while transforming his Hovertank in to a humanoid fighter. Jessie lands on the ground and takes precious moments to draw her sword. Bob fires another burst at the Titan Raptor, Scoring another hit. Professor Bharb continues to follow Sarah north and east. Two claws in her new mountain lion form begins to claw at the Tiger Claw Raptor that decided to charge her, putting a sizable series of gouges into it's leathery flank. The three Tiger Claw Raptors attack their perspective targets, one tries to hit Two claws and is parried with a batting paw, the one attacking Bob, miss judges it's leap and comes up short, while the one attacking Dexter scores a powerful blow. The Titan Raptor move in an begin attacking both Salomón and Jessie. Jessie is hit, while Salomón parries the blow beautifully. Dhaltuun drops his pistol in the muck and draws a rune covered grappling hook. The Allosaurus squaring off with Leo goes for a bite, but Leo manages to parry the attack with his hammer. Dexter wisely brings up some magical protection, channeling Armor of Ithan through the wiring of his armor. The Raptor King cocks his head to the side and smiles, well people think it's a smile. A quick phrase in a serpent tongue, and a flick of his fingers at Dhaltuun. Whatever spell was cast, Dhaltuun doesn't seem affected. Sarah runs further north and hides behind a tree.

Rufus whirls around hoping to help one of his friends, and tosses a Carpet of Adhesion at the Tiger Claw Raptor attacking Dexter. Though like the rest of them, it nimbly dodges the trap. Salomón seeing the option of casting being unlikely with a Titan Raptor in his face, fires his rifle at near point blank, scoring a minor wound on the creature. Leo winds up his hammer once more and swings for the fences, The Allosaurus rocks back a bit from the second blow. The Allosaurus fighting Boneparte charges after the and misses an attempt to slam it's head into the robot. jason, his hands dancing over the controls of his Hover Tank, has the machine draw out it's gun. Jessie being assaulted by her own Titan Raptor, swings her sword at that, dealing a shallow wound. Bob opens up on the Tiger Claw Raptor in front of him, only winging the creature. Professor Bharb joins Sarah behind the tree. Two Claws swipes at the Tiger Claw Rapor near her, but fails to damage the creature. The Tiger Claw Raptors attack with a animalistic fury, Bob and Dexter are hit, while the one attacking Two Claws makes a equally clumsy swipe at her. The Titan Raptors attack Salomón and Jessie, but both attacks are parried by their respective intended victims. Dhaltuun moves forward and strikes at the Raptor King, going for it's leg, but misses the target as it moves it's leg last second. (Called Melee Shots are without the benefit of bonuses. ~Consumer) The Allosaurus squaring off with Leo, turns tail and runs. Dexter fires on the Raptor King, catching it in it's Armor of Ithan protection. The Raptor king hisses and rushes another incantation, though what t did is unknown, as it has no visible effect.

Rufus tries once again to snag a dinosaur in his sticky trap, the same one as before even, and watches in amazement as it is dodged once more. Rufus feels like he should write a paper on the extrasensory perception of Raptors. Salomón now surrounded by Raptors fires again at the Tiger Claw Raptor in front of him, dealing an gruesome amount of damage, and killing the creature. Leo having no immediate targets moves to find himself another one. The Allosaurus fighting Boneparte tries to headbutt the robot, Which Jason somehow parries with his trusty robot companion. Jason returns the favor firing at the creature with his EU-11 scoring some minor wounds. Jessie tries to attack the Titan Raptor again, but misses with her strike. Bob fires another short burst into the Tiger Claw Raptor, wounding it further. Two Claws savages the Tiger Claw Raptor, dealing an appreciable amount of damage to it, and for several seconds it looks like it's going to continue fighting, but finally just slumps down dead of it's bleeding wounds. The remaining Tiger Claw Raptors Attack, Dexter parries the bite from his, while Bob fails to defend himself, taking a light amount of damage. The remaining Titan Raptor tries to attack Jessie, and misses the Valkyrie. Dhaltuun continues his assault towards the Raptor king, Hitting the creature and flipping him onto it's back. Dexter fires on the Raptor King and scores another hit. The Raptor King from his place on the ground mutters a simple phrase and a cloud of billowing smoke appears concealing him and small radius around him.

Rufus tries to snag himself at least one dinosaur as to not turn this into a fake fishing story, but the creature dives into the smoke cloud. (I am in shock a little that every dodge roll was 18+ naturally. ~Consumer) Salomón having no beasties around him, begins casting a powerful spell (Given the massive reduction of creatures on the field, next round if you want you may pick a different spell, at no penalty. ~Consumer) Leo, not wanting to be out of action for too long runs and leaps behind the Tiger Claw Raptor attacking Bob, swinging a fist the size of a large ham at the creature, dealing a mighty blow, leaving the creature on what appears to be it's last legs. Boneparte fires once more onto the Allosaurus, leaving superficial wounds. Bob takes advantage of the Titan Juicer's arrival and puts the Tiger Claw Raptor down. Two Claws knows there are more targets inn the smole so she stalks in and blindly swipes, but comes up with nothing but air. Dexter fires into the smoke, but seemingly hits nothing. Those in the smoke can hear the Raptor King mutter another arcane phrase.

Two Claws stalks further in and swipes, her claws barely skitter across somethings scaly hide. Boneparte keeps hammering on the Allosaurus, who is inequiped to defend itself against a tank.


Image

Combat Round 2

Notes on Cloud of Smoke: From the outside one is unable to see in, On the inside one can only see blurry shapes (*5 to strike, Parry, Dodge, Disarm, and Entangle. ~Consumer

Butcher's Bill:
Will be cumulative for the scene.
Jason Long: Boneparte (Main Body): -10 M.D.C., -20 EU-11 rounds
Rufus: -58 P.P.E., Ring of Invisibilty Activated, -3 shots from Thunder Gun.
Dhaltuun: -37 P.P.E., -1 Shot from Breechlock
Dexter: Armor of Ithan: -8 M.D.C., Body Armor (Main Body): -23 M.D.C., -20 P.P.E.
Two Claws: -6 M.D.C., -10 P.P.E.
Salomón: -2 I.S.P., -30 P.P.E.
Leo: Backpack: -5 M.D.C.
Jessie Armor (Main Body): -20 M.D.C.
Bob: Armor (Main Body): -6 M.D.C., -15 Ammo.
Professor Bharb:
Sarah B:
Raptor King: Armor of Ithan: -39 M.D.C., Main Body: -4 M.D.C., -30 P.P.E.
Allosaurus #1: Main Body: -60/200 M.D.C.,
Allosaurus #2: Main Body: -86/100 M.D.C.
Titan Raptor #1: Main Body: -9 M.D.C.
Titan Raptor #2: Dead!
Tiger Raptor #1:
Tiger Raptor #2: Dead!
Tiger Raptor #3: Dead![/color]
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Salomón » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10/46% (+15% when recognizing the arcane)
JIC(100): 1d100 = 13
JIC(20): 1d20 = 11

Conditions: Invincible Armor (50 MDC, 5.75 min remaining)
Initiative: 1d20 = 18 +4 = 22
Number of attacks: 5




Irritated that he was unable to complete the spell he wanted to, but encouraged by the fact that the group appears to be making short work of the raptor attackers, Salomón focuses his efforts on his magical foe.

No, I don't think we'll be dealing with your smoke screen today, my scaly friend... he thinks as he begins the incantation for Negate Magic.

Negate Magic
Negate Magic
Range: Touch or 60 feet (18.3m).
Duration: Instant.
Saving Throw: Special (Ritual magic has a greater chance of success).
P.P.E.: Thirty
This incantation will instantly cancel the effects or influence of most magic. To determine whether the negation is successful or not roll
a saving throw. If the roll is a successful save against the magic in place, its influence is immediately destroyed, negated, canceled. 12, 13,
14, or 15 is needed for spell magic depending on the experience level of the mage (usually 12 or 13 is needed), meanwhile 16 or higher to
save vs ritual magic. A failed save means the negation attempt did not work. Try again if sufficient P.P.E. is available.
Negation will not work against possession, Exorcism, Constrain Being, Banishment, Talisman, Amulet, Enchanted objects, Symbols/Circles
of protection (or magically drawn circles of any kind), wards, summoning magic, Zombies, Golems, Restoration, magical healings or
cures. Negation can be attempted to cancel a spell curse, but only has a 01-25% possibility of succeeding. Of course, it has no effect against
psychic abilities or Techno-Wizard or Bio-Wizard/rune devices.


Save roll to negate Raptor King spell: 1d20 = 14 (+5 save vs. magic if applicable)

Once the cloud of smoke (or whatever the spell is) is negated and dissipates, Salomón will shout, "Press the attack, my friends!", and will target the closest dinosaur that he has a clear shot at with a burst from his rifle, and once it falls, will target the next one in line, etc.

Action 1: begin cast Negate Magic spell
Action 2: finish Negate Magic spell
Action 3: fire at closest dino --> 1d20 = 18 +2 = 20 ; damage: (1d6*10)+6 = 56
Action 4: fire at closest dino --> 1d20 = 17 +2 = 19 ; damage: (1d6*10)+6 = 66
Action 5: fire at closest dino --> 1d20 = 11 +2 = 13 ; damage: (1d6*10)+6 = 46

Parries as needed:
Parry 1: 1d20 = 10 +10
Parry 2: 1d20 = 15 +10
Parry 3: 1d20 = 1
Parry 4: 1d20 = 2 +10
Parry 5: 1d20 = 1

Contingency
If the High Magus is attacked during casting, he will not defend himself unless he is interrupted. If interrupted, he will defend himself with the above attacks until he is free of the immediate threat, and then resume casting.
Salomón
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 223/223
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor Worn: High Magus armor note: currently has Lifeward active
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle (in hands), MP-6 Firebolt Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), silver-plated Dwarven Longsword (strapped to back in a scabbard), GAW Colt 1911 .45ACP (cocked and locked on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)

"Always on": Sixth Sense, Sense Evil

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing (heal damage five times as fast as humans).
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Leo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:40 am

Perception: 31% 1d100 = 80

JIC: 1d20 = 1 (Nat. 1!)
1d100 = 19

Leo re-slings his hammer on his back as the Allosaurus runs away, and laughs. "Ha hah ha ha! I just kicked a dinosaur's ass! Now let's find me another one..." He moves off to find another target. He slings a fist at another dino which the dogboy then fishes off with a coup-de-grace. Leo smiles at the dog boy. "That's what we call a Lonestar Lullaby."

Looking at the dino's corpse, he says "Nighty night."

He then turns his attention to the billowing cloud of smoke to his immediate west. Lots of folks in there... and a couple dinos, unless I miss my guess. But I can't see fer nothin'. Turning around, he sees the other Allosaurus attacking the Bonaparte. He shrugs, and runs in that direction. Maybe I can get a few hits in before that big ol' mech finishes the beast.

Leo charges the second Allosaur, skids to a wet halt in the mud under its flank, and unleashes a series of punishing blows to its gut.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 10

APM: 6

Action 1: Strike 1d20+4 = 20; Damage 6d6 = 19 M.D.
Aciton 2: Strike 1d20+4 = 15; Damage 6d6 = 22 M.D.
Action 3: Strike 1d20+4 = 21; Damage 6d6 = 23 M.D.
Action 4: Strike 1d20+4 = 11; Damage 6d6 = 25 M.D.
Action 5: Strike 1d20+4 = 19; Damage 6d6 = 15 M.D.
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge if autododge fails 1d20+8 = 17

Parries: 1) 1d20+8 = 24, 2) 1d20+8 = 12; 3) 1d20+8 = 15; 4) 1d20+8 = 18; 5) 1d20+8 = 16; 6) 1d20+8 = 12

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+2 = 3 (Nat. 1!), 2) 1d20+2 = 16, 3) 1d20+2 = 21, 4) 1d20+2 = 3 (Nat. 1!), 5) 1d20+2 = 10, 6) 1d20+2 = 4
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:53 pm

erception: 1d100 = 26 = /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 28
Initiative: 1d20 = 8
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 50 /115 at end of post


Skills - N/A



Dhaltuun stands his ground, as the raptor kings taunts him. With an evil grin, Dhaltuun nods and replies ” Aye!” Seeing his teammates handle the others, and someone backing him up, Dhaltuun decides ” Fuck it. It’s go time.” As the smoke billows, dhaltuun tries to cheer himself up with a memory. “All those hours spent getting grabbed and twisted by the teacher should have paid off. Let's find out.” As he thinks this, he moves toward the downed dino. With a breath and a quick word ” Styrke!” Dhaltuun casts Superhuman Strength. Adding a roar for effect, He drops an elbow on the king, then while remaining in contact, rolls towards its head area. As he does, he adds a quick casting of Armor of Ithan. Finally, Dhaltuun goes for a choke with grapple hook. Using the chain of the hook, Dhaltuun loops it around the king’s neck, and placing his knee between the king’s shoulder blades, Dhaltuun pulls on the chain ends, choking his victim.

Actions -
1 - Cast superhuman PS (10) -
OOC Comments
Supernatural P.S. 26 to 30: Inflicts SD6 S.D.C. on a restrained
punch, 3D6 M.D. on a full strength punch, or 6D6 M.D. on a power punch (counts as two melee attacks). P.S. bonuses are added to S.D.C. attacks

2 - Drop Elbow - Strike 1d20+3 = 4 (( includes penalty for in smoke cloud)) / Damage: 3d6 = 12
3 - Cast Armor of Ithan as I roll towards head (10)
4 - Loop chain - entangle 1d20+4 = 21 / Neck hold (pin?)
5 - squeeze - choke damage

Roll with impact - 5d20+10 = 61:
20, 5, 12, 9, 5

Parries = 5d20+3 = 74:
15, 15, 8, 13, 20
((includes penalty for smoke cloud))

[HR] Jessie [/HR]

Perception: 1d100 = 32 = /23%
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 66
Initiative: 1d20 = 12
APM: 5

Jessie stands her ground as well. Seeing Dhaltuun charge the king, she thinks ’ What is he doing? Oh well. At least he isn't a coward.” she clinches her shield and steadies herself as she prepares to defend her Jarl form anyone who would interfere. ” Jarl Dhaltuun, Show him the power of Njord’s love!” She will hold and respond to attacks rather than seek them out in the cloud.

Combat -
1 = IF something comes close, Slash with sword Strike: 1d20+3 = 5 / Damage: 4d6 = 12MD
2 = IF something comes close, Slash with sword Strike: 1d20+3 = 9 / Damage: 4d6 = 10MD
3 = IF something comes close, Slash with sword Strike: 1d20+3 = 5 / Damage: 4d6 = 13MD
4 = Use for dodge if need
5 = Use for dodge if need

Roll with impact = 5d20+3 = 57:
19, 12, 20, 2, 1

Parries = 1d20+7 = 9:
2
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Rufus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22/69%
JIC: 1d100 = 44/1d20 = 6
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 12
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 161/229 at start of post
- Tongues spell active: 9 melees remaining
- 3/6 shots remaining in the Thundergun
- Armor of Ithan active: 50/50 MDC, 18 melees remaining
- Invisibility active: 9.5 minutes/38 melees remaining


"Eksplozivna driska slona..." * Rufus growls under his breath as not a single one of his magical traps are able to snag a raptor. So much for 'Plan A...' he thinks as he draws a bead on one of the raptors with his NG-45LP. Unfortunately, the Raptor King's cloud of smoke fouls his aim -- and further fouls his mood as well. Well, at least we've managed to whittle them down in spite of everything. He wheels around invisibly, looking for targets of opportunity. He doesn't want to shoot into the smoke cloud or into the close combat between Bonaparte and the Allosaurus (blasting your teammates is a practice generally frowned upon and rightly so), and he doesn't really want to waste a shot on the fleeing Allosaurus either. He chuckles in spite of his fouled mood at the sight of the large Titan Juicer who's clearly enjoying being outnumbered by large predatory dinosaurs. He's like a not-so-ugly Kilo. They'd probably hit it off if he was here.

He hears the Raptor King muttering something -- and since it doesn't sound much like an apology, he assumes it's not good news for them. He backs out of the smoke cloud and scans the surrounding area as he keys his radio. "Eyes up, everyone. Lenny the Lizard may be calling in reinforcements. Those glowing areas are super-sticky; try to knock 'em down on them." He turns to shout a warning to the newcomer juicer, but he's already dove into close combat as well. Looks like lookout's my job; time for a new perspective. He mutters a new incantation "ইগল হিসাবে উড়ে আসা" and floats up into the air, where he keeps an eye out for new dinosaurs or a shot of opportunity on the Raptor King.

*Don't ask. You really don't want to know.

Combat Actions
  1. Start casting Fly as the Eagle (-25 PPE)
  2. Finish casting Fly as the Eagle
  3. Shoot Raptor King or any other reptilian target of opportunity. Strike: 1d20+3 = 22; Damage: 5d6 = 19 MD
  4. Shoot Raptor King or any other reptilian target of opportunity. Strike: 1d20+3 = 15; Damage: 5d6 = 14 MD
  5. Shoot Raptor King or any other reptilian target of opportunity. Strike: 1d20+3 = 19; Damage: 5d6 = 19 MD
  6. Shoot Raptor King or any other reptilian target of opportunity. Strike: 1d20+3 = 9; Damage: 5d6 = 15 MD
  7. Reserved for dodging if need be. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 29 CRITICAL DODGE!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 71

Damn dis smoke. I can't see nunti'n through dat. Don't want to hit any of me friends. Dexter grunts with a sign of frustration. He shifts his weight back and forth between one side to the other. Raising his rifle up to his shoulder, he tries to discern anything through the smoke. "life dem to me voice and me will take em out." Not having a clear target and not wanting to hit any of his companions, Dexter decides to take up a more defensive approach to the situation. He glances about to look for any targets to attack.

Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 10
APM: 5

Action 1: Dodge 1d20+2 = 17 or shot any fleeing or charging dinosaurs Attack: 1d20+2 = 5 Damage: 5d6+3 = 23

Action 2, 3 and 4: Aimed Called Shot to the Head at any dinosaur that becomes visible with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle Attack: 1d20+5 = 25 (Nat 20!) Damage: 5d6+3 = 24

Action 5: Shoot Raptor King with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle or nearest raptor if shot is unclear Attack: +2 1d20+2 = 16 Damage: 5d6+3 = 16

Parry: 5d20:
6, 18, 4, 8, 12
+2
Dodge (only if dinosaurs get close): 5d20:
7, 2, 3, 14, 20
+2
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Two Claws » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:40 am

Perception : 1d100 = 91 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 89

Two Claws tries to find a target in all of the smoke. Using her keen hearing and the pungent smell of a reptile to find the nearest enemy. Being careful not to strike at any of her teammates.

Damn this smoke I can't see anything. Maybe if I can smell the ugly things.

She quickly thinks to herself. Two Claws swipes again once she is fairly certain of her target. Since she can’t roar, she lets out deep growling sound as she stalks and swings at the raptor. Two Claws will continue to swipez at the raptor until its dead and then attack the other raptor if able to get a clear shot in. Once or if the smoke has cler will she attack the Raptor kiong first, unless she has no clear shot. Then Two Claws will just attack the nearest threat.

Track by smell - 1d100 = 27 - 55% - to help find a target

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 18
Actions per melee: 6 (8 when in giant animal form)

Action 1:Track by smell and search for a target
Action 2: attack anything that isn't a Templar or the Raptor King if she can see him - attack: 1d20-3 = 0 damage: 6d6+14 = 41
Action 4: attack anything that isn't a Templar or the Raptor King if she can see him - attack: 1d20-3 = 15 damage: 6d6+14 = 38
Action 5: attack anything that isn't a Templar or the Raptor King if she can see him - attack: 1d20-3 = 5 damage: 6d6+14 = 40
Action 6: attack anything that isn't a Templar or the Raptor King if she can see him - attack: 1d20-3 = 9 damage: 6d6+14 = 33
Action 7: attack anything that isn't a Templar or the Raptor King if she can see him - attack: 1d20-3 = 1 damage: 6d6+14 = 37
Action 8: attack anything that isn't a Templar or the Raptor King if she can see him - attack: 1d20-3 = 2 damage: 6d6+14 = 35



Parry rolls +5 (smoke subtracted from bonus): 8d20:
5, 5, 18, 14, 4, 10, 14, 13
Dodge if need +5 (smoke subtracted from bonus): 8d20:
5, 18, 14, 4, 14, 15, 16, 18
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Jason Long » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:25 am

Perception: 1d20 = 14 / 62%
JIC: / 1d100 = 52

Jason bounces Bonaparte away from the allosaur, taking time while out of reach to quickly scan his surroundings. He is careful not to jump onto the melee the rest of the team is involved in. Ok, no one sneaking up behind me. Are there any reinforcements coming? Jason then returns his concentration to the attacking allosaur.

Now then, lets see how much it takes to fry you. Jason continues firing bursts from the EU-11. He remains ready to sidestep any charges from the beast and uses Bonaparte's heavy shields to parry attacks that do hit.

((Pilot: Ground Veritechs (all)--106% / 1d100 = 80 )) jumping out of reach for sensor sweep
((Sensory Equipment—67% / 1d100 = 86 ))scanning for reinforcements


Initiative: 1d20+6 = 22

Actions: 8
1: Leap out of reach
2: Sensor sweep
3: Fire EU-11 at Allosaur - 1d20+9 = 19 to hit, 1d4*10 = 20MD
4: Fire EU-11 at Allosaur - 1d20+9 = 19 to hit, 1d4*10 = 10MD
5: Fire EU-11 at Allosaur - 1d20+9 = 21 to hit, 1d4*10 = 10MD
6: Fire EU-11 at Allosaur - 1d20+9 = 18 to hit, 1d4*10 = 30MD
Actions 7 and 8 reserved for dodge: 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 18
Parries: 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 11,1d20+10 = 29,1d20+10 = 26,1d20+10 = 18,1d20+10 = 23,
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Consumer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Locals, who needs them?

Jason in Bonaparte leaps away from the Allosaurus, While Salomón begins to cast a spell. Two Claws tries to track her quarry by smell, but finds it stymied by the smoke cloud. Sarah tries to crouch even smaller behind the tree as the giant fighting robot bounces about. Jessie gets bit by the Titan Raptor in the smoke cloud, but manages to lessen the damage by rolling. Professor Bharb joins Sarah in the sentiment of being a smaller target is the best idea. The Tiger Claw Raptor tries to bite Dhaltuun, but he manages to parry it with his wild flailing. Rufus joins Salomón in the idea of casting moderately powerful spells, While Jessie can be heard saying "Screw this." and her form rockets out of the cloud and hovers above it. The Allosaurus seems to question whether it wants to continue it's fight with Bonaparte, and seems to decide against it running off back the way if came from. Leo starts chasing after it, but realizes he'll never catch up to it on foot. Dexter takes a pop shot at it, but only manages to vaporize a tree for it's trouble. Dhaltuun performs an elbow drop but only connects with mud, and is prone on the ground. Bob holds his ground waiting to see what comes out of the Cloud of Smoke.

Jason begins running a scan, and sees that there are no other sources of danger nearby. Salomón's spell goes off, and the cloud of smoke vanishes leaving a Tiger Claw Raptor and a Titan Raptor very visible. The next few moments are a flurry of gunshots and the two Raptors lay dead. Several long moments pass before anyone speaks. "That was different. I've never seen that particular type of diplomacy before." Jessie says from her spot thirty feet above the group. Professor Bharb and Sarah move back to Bob and join the others.


Notes: Rufus you can have casted Fly as an Eagle or not, just adjust your P.P.E. accordingly. The Allosaurus ran for an action and then faded into the brush, some manner of natural camouflage. The whereabouts of the Raptor King are a definite mystery. ~Consumer

What are your Intentions?

Butcher's Bill:
Will be cumulative for the scene.
Jason Long: Bonaparte (Main Body): -10 M.D.C., -20 EU-11 rounds
Rufus: -58 P.P.E., Ring of Invisibility Activated, -3 shots from Thunder Gun.
Dhaltuun: -37 P.P.E., -1 Shot from Breechlock
Dexter: Armor of Ithan: -8 M.D.C., Body Armor (Main Body): -23 M.D.C., -20 P.P.E., -4 shots from Mage Fire Rifle.
Two Claws: -6 M.D.C., -10 P.P.E.
Salomón: -2 I.S.P., -60 P.P.E.
Leo: Backpack: -5 M.D.C.
Jessie Armor (Main Body): -22 M.D.C.
Bob: Armor (Main Body): -6 M.D.C., -18 Ammo.
Professor Bharb:
Sarah B:
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 59%

Jason initially starts after the fleeing allosaur, but decides against it. He calls out to the team by PA, "Templar, regroup! Anyone injured?" He walks Bonaparte over to the others, racking the EU-11 to recharge it.

As he notices Leo, Jason calls out to him, "Thank you for the assist. I'm Jason, nice entrance by the way. " Jason transforms Bonaparte to Guardian mode, grabs his ATA-10 shotgun and dismounts. He slings the shotgun, opens his visor and lights a cigar. "You've got good moves, any chance you're looking for a job?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Leo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:03 am

Perception: 31% 1d100 = 62

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 23

Leo chuckles as the second Allosaur flees. He smirks, "That's right. Go and tell your friends to steer clear." He wipes a bit of mud off his shoulder. "There's bad hombres in the swamp."

He turns in time to see the smoke clear and the assorted humans and dbees vaporize the two remaining 'raptors. All right... now, let's see where we are and what we're about. He removes his helmet as Jason's PA approaches. His white hair stands as a stark contrast to the mud on his armor and the scar on his face.

Jason wrote:"Thank you for the assist. I'm Jason, nice entrance by the way."


The big man chuckles. "Oh that? That wasn't by choice. I was minding my own business tryin' to figure which world I'm on when that big stomper come up on me, took hold of my backpack, and threw me away like so much garbage. Now I figure since you good folks're speaking American, that I'm on Earth, and in America. That right?"

He sets his helmet down on a stump and begins wiping extraneous mud off his armor, as Jason transforms his mech and dismounts. Now that's a fine piece of machinery. He thinks, only briefly, about his father's old mech - but quickly stamps those thoughts out in order to focus on the task at hand. That way lies darkness.

Jason wrote:"You've got good moves, any chance you're looking for a job?"


"Well, you all ain't so bad yourselves. Yeah, a job would be welcome - as long as you all are on the up-and-up. I ain't looking to sign on with a bunch o' cutthroats."

He gets a far-off look in his eye, briefly, before adding, "I've seen enough o' that."

He approaches Jason, and extends his hand to shake.

"Name's Leonid Milton. Friends call me Leo. I hail from around Los Alamo originally."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 32

Dexter checks to see if his armor and other heath has faired well through the scuffle. At some point he notices Jessie hovering in the air above his head. He also makes it a point to check on the professor and his associates.

Jessie wrote:"That was different. I've never seen that particular type of diplomacy before. "


Well dat's certainly was a different approach to diplomacy. Not da way me would have done it but at least it got da job dun. Maybe next time not let TC do the talking, cuz look what happen'd. Dexter Raines his hand give a thumbs up, in response to Jason's inquiry. Looking around for the professor, he walks over to him. Dexter give a short wave and smiles as he approaches. "How did you fair? Everyone in one piece, I hope. A little excitement da get da blood flow'n. Well at least we're awake now, if we weren't before." Dexter chuckles. "Well dis calls fer a cigar. Now were de me put them?" Dexter pats himself down, checking his pockets and such. He check them a couple of times. "Damn. Me must have left dem on da Behemoth." His facial expressions showing some disappointment.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54 = /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 14
Initiative: 1d20 = 20
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 35 /115 at end of post


Skills -
Leather working 74% /1d100 = 80 - to not damage skin to badly
Cooking 64% / 1d100 = 6 - know how to butcher
Paramedic 59% / 1d100 = 7 - make clean cuts
Preserve food 59% / 1d100 = 67 - how to keep it usable till it gets to freezer




Dhaltuun hauls himself up out of the mud. ”Great job, buddy.” He wipes as much of the muck off himself as he can while he looks around. ’everyone okay? Speak up now if you have any complaints. In this enviromemt, a small scratch can lead to death.’ He rummages aroud for his dropped pistol. ’Marcella!! I am okay, but the bad dino got away.See anything?” Finding his fallen item, Dhaltuun gives it a couple swings to clear the muck and then puts it back on his baldric. With a chuckle, ’we got some work on gear upkeep tonight, eh gang?’

He walks among the others, using magic and skills as needed to help out. As he works, he thinks upon his actions in the battle. ’That didnt not go as well as planned. We had it under control till the walking purse said slavery. Then my ass lost it. I need to learn more weapon and combat skills. That was sloppy. As a representive of Njord, i should do much better.”

Dhaltuun hears the others and moves to join them. Seeing the boss sling his weapon and light up, dhal decides that the threat is definitly over. As he approaches, he thinks ”I need more muscle. Jessie is great but i dont know enought tactical knowledge to lead her proper. If i could how t lead better, things would improve.” He listens as Jason talks to the new guy.

Dhaltuun takes a step back to take in as much of the new guy as he can, when he hears the question about locatio. ’Yes this is America. Florida Georgia line actually. Place named Dino Swamp. *chuckle* I guess you know why.” While he talks and listens, Dhaltuun casts sense magic and sense evil on thier new friend. ((Sense Magic (4) / Sense evil (2) )) Deticting nothing, he looks at jason ’Magically, i detect nothing. Njord finds no bad juju cast upon him or any evil in his soul. “ with that, he nods and turns to move off. ’So y’all know. I am gonna start skinning and cutting up those dinos. There are some recipes i want to try.” as he heads to the first carcass, dhal grabs his kitchen bag.

Passing any of the others gets them invited to the butchering. With or without assisstance, Dhal skins and butchers as many of the dinos as he can. [i]”Hmmm. Maybe i should rift to the behemoth and collect Vladamir for this? I think i will.”[/] Before he begins, he takes a moment to collect his thoughts. As soon as he is ready, he cast Calling. ’Vladamir. My loyal associate. I need ypiu. Ee killed dinos. Need to skin and butcher.” Dhaltuun then stands and looks around. With or without help, he begins the grisly job.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Leo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:51 am

(Rolls carried over)

Dhaltuun wrote:’everyone okay? Speak up now if you have any complaints. In this enviromemt, a small scratch can lead to death.’


Wilderness Survival 45% 1d100 = 39 (identify swamp hazards - SUCCESS)

Brushing more mud off his armor, Leo replies. "Nothin' scratched but my gear. Oh, uh... Any o' you all who got in the water might wanna check yourselves for leeches. They stop your blood from clotting, and you can get a nasty infection. Or worse. If you got 'em, holler out - takes skill to remove 'em right." He doesn't bother to check himself - confident that his Titan Plate EBA has kept him safe and dry.

Dhaltuun wrote:’Yes this is America. Florida Georgia line actually. Place named Dino Swamp. *chuckle* I guess you know why.”


Leo nods thoughtfully. "Dino swamp. Heard of it. I'm a fair piece from home, but at least I'm on the right continent. Thank you for letting me know."

Hopefully the sploogs don't track me here - but buddied up with these mercs - if they hire me - I'll be a good bit better able to handle them if they come calling.

He watches as the dwarf casts a spell and then turns to the apparent group leader.

Dhaltuun wrote:’Magically, i detect nothing. Njord finds no bad juju cast upon him or any evil in his soul. “


He turns back to Jason Long, smiling. "Well, that's good to hear. So, if you got any more questions I'll be happy to answer. Or if you got work to do, happy to lend a hand. Just point me where you need me."

It's obvious the big man prefers to have something to do rather than not, as he clips his helm to his belt and looks around the area for jobs needing doing.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Rufus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 53

Conditions:
- PPE: 136/229 at start of post
- Tongues spell active: 8 melees remaining
- Ring of Invisibility: 2 of 3 uses remaining for the next 24 hours
- 3/6 shots remaining in the Thundergun
- Fly as the Eagle: 99.75 minutes remaining

"Typical 'king' -- bugs out the moment things start going badly..." Rufus growls as he reappears in mid-air by dispelling both his invisibility and armor spells. "Guess your oh-so-coordinated plan didn't work out like you planned, did it?" Not that he was wrong, he adds to himself with a scowl. We had too many folks spoiling for a fight. Even worse, any bad guy that gets away lives to make our lives hell another day.

His first thought is to check on the scholars and he floats over in their direction. "Bob? Professor? Sarah? Everyone okay?" Once he's satisfied that they're okay he turns his attention back to the others. "Everyone here in one piece?" he looks especially at Two Claws & Dhaltuun. "Wolvenar's Whiskers, you two -- I know guard duty is boring, but I don't know too many who'd willingly get into a fistfight with a spell-casting dinosaur..." he adds with a chuckle. "Chief Optimus would probably be proud of you two if he were here." He then notices the magical carpets with which he tried to snare some of the dinosaurs. Tried and failed miserably. With a sigh and a wave he dispells them all and turns his attention back to the group.

Consumer wrote:"That was different. I've never seen that particular type of diplomacy before." Jessie says from her spot thirty feet above the group.


"Yeah, I've seen it in Golden Age vids before. I think they call it 'aggressive negotiations' or something like that." Rufus quips as he looks around for any more dinosaurs that may be lurking about, waiting for an opportunity to pounce while the group's guard is down.

When Jason and the newcomer strike an employment deal and Leo introduces himself, Rufus floats down to the juicer's eye level. "Name's Rufus. Resident fur-bearing eye candy and the one in charge of token attempts at diplomacy before everything goes sideways anyway." He grins and holds out his hand. "Dobrodošli v družini, Leo. You got a radio in that armor of yours? Be sure to get our team frequency from Fearless Leader here if you haven't already got it." He nods in Jason's general direction.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:’So y’all know. I am gonna start skinning and cutting up those dinos. There are some recipes i want to try.” as he heads to the first carcass, dhal grabs his kitchen bag.


Rufus shakes his head with a soft chuckle. Here's hoping that goes better than at Roma's... or at breakfast... "I'll pass. I enjoy flying too much to waste the spell, so I'm going to keep an eye out up top. Knock yourself out though -- but not literally, okay?" And with that, he flies back up to treetop level and circles around looking for any additional dangers.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Jason Long » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 95

Leo wrote:
"Well, you all ain't so bad yourselves. Yeah, a job would be welcome - as long as you all are on the up-and-up. I ain't looking to sign on with a bunch o' cutthroats."

He gets a far-off look in his eye, briefly, before adding, "I've seen enough o' that."

He approaches Jason, and extends his hand to shake.

"Name's Leonid Milton. Friends call me Leo. I hail from around Los Alamo originally."


Jason takes Leo's hand with a smile. "Well, Leo, you be the judge. We are the Templar. A mercenary group out of MercTown that specializes in, among other things, fighting supernatural evil. Our current contract is more mundane; escorting the professor over there while he does some field work. I am team leader and Bonaparte here," Jason points his cigar at the VHT, " is our heavy fire support."

Jason watches as Dhaltuun walks over and cast some sort of spell, Don't think I'll ever get used to magic

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Deticting nothing, he looks at jason ’Magically, i detect nothing. Njord finds no bad juju cast upon him or any evil in his soul. “ with that, he nods and turns to move off. ’So y’all know. I am gonna start skinning and cutting up those dinos. There are some recipes i want to try.” as he heads to the first carcass, dhal grabs his kitchen bag.


"Thanks Dhaltuun. " Jason says as the dwarf heads off.

He turns back to Jason Long, smiling. "Well, that's good to hear. So, if you got any more questions I'll be happy to answer. Or if you got work to do, happy to lend a hand. Just point me where you need me."[/quote]

"Thanks, for now I'll introduce you to the others and let you give Dhaltuun some help with some of the carcasses. I need to check with the professor. We can talk more over dinner. By the way, here are the frequencies that the Templar use. Please monitor the main one. " Jason gives Leo the frequencies and quickly walks around the group, introducing Leo to them. He then head over to speak with the professor.

"Well, that could have gone better. A bit of planning that slipped through the cracks. Do you or your assitants have any training or experience in negotiating? Also, did you bring any trade items in case we need to barter for access with locals?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Leo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:01 am

(rolls carried over)

Rufus wrote:"Name's Rufus. Resident fur-bearing eye candy and the one in charge of token attempts at diplomacy before everything goes sideways anyway. Dobrodošli v družini, Leo. You got a radio in that armor of yours? Be sure to get our team frequency from Fearless Leader here if you haven't already got it."


Leo shakes Rufus' hand. "Good to meet ya. And hey, diplomacy should always be at least attempted before it's disregarded." he winks.

Jason wrote: "Well, Leo, you be the judge. We are the Templar. A mercenary group out of MercTown that specializes in, among other things, fighting supernatural evil. Our current contract is more mundane; escorting the professor over there while he does some field work. I am team leader and Bonaparte here is our heavy fire support."


Leo nods and smiles, shaking the man's hand. "'Fightin' supernatural evil' sounds right up my alley, boss."

Jason wrote:"Thanks, for now I'll introduce you to the others and let you give Dhaltuun some help with some of the carcasses. I need to check with the professor. We can talk more over dinner. By the way, here are the frequencies that the Templar use. Please monitor the main one. "


Leo enters the Templar frequency into his radio, and follows Jason around, meeting any he's not yet met before eventually coming to help Dhal skin some dinos.


To Dexter

"Now that, sir Dwarf," he smiles broadly, "Is a right fine hat. Never hurt to bring some swagger with ya into the wilds, did it? Good to meet ya. Name's Leo."

To Two Claws
(Assuming she's back in human form)

Leo smiles and reaches out to shake hands. "Now, miss... weren't you just a big ol' cat? Or did my eyes lie on me? I'm named for a cat myself, I guess. I'm Leo."

To Salomon (if he is still present?)

Leo will shake the man's stone-like hand. "All right? I don't think I ever met the likes o' you before. Where ya hail from, chief?"

OOC Comments
I know Salomon left the group - but if he's there, Leo will acknowledge him. He's nothing if not personable. If he's wandered off or something let me know.


To any of the others, Professor Bharb or Bob the dogboy or whomever else he may meet, Leo shakes their hands carefully but enthusiastically, and introduces himself.

Circling back around to Dhaltuun, he stands at the ready as the dwarf works to skin the dinos. "Now I know I'm a big ol' farmboy, but dad always left the butcherin' to my elder brother. But let me know what I can do to help - if you need me to heave, lift, pull, or twist anything on these stompers just call out, and I'll get on it."

Leo will assist however he is directed.

"So... you cook dino's often? I've not had dino before. How's the taste? I reckon you have to marinate this meat? Or no? Sometimes predator-meat gets gamey, and you gotta brine it, or so I heard, to cut that gameyness."

He chuckles. "Look at me blatherin' away. I'm no cook. But... I do like a well-crafted meal." He pats his stomach with earnest satisfaction.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Consumer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:13 pm

Mini-GM Update
Sarik's Introduction.

Sarik's body aches the past few days have been insane to say the least. Sarik rests in a small shelter under an uprooted tree, likely knocked down by one of the enormous bipedal herbivore lizards that roam the land. By Sarik's reckoning it's been three days since he appeared in this jungle/swamp landscape. He's survived by being craftier than the local Fauna. Last thing Sarik remembers from before this jungle trip is going into the supposedly safe Phase Transporter on Center.

Sarik's reverie is shattered when he hears the sounds of combat, at first he's unsure if it's just the local creatures killing each other, until he hears the distinctive sound of a firearm going off, followed by several others and a few what he thinks are sonic booms. Curiosity getting the better of him, Sarik makes his way in the direction of the combat, best case, someone can tell him where he's at and point him on his way home, or he could find some loot from the dead, or a fight... These are gambles mercenaries make.

As he nears where he thinks the fight is happening, it dies down and grows real quiet. He thinks he's lost his target, but then hears faint talking, someone speaking normally at a far distance. Using that as a beacon Sarik gets ever closer.

In a relatively clear, but swampy area, Sarik see's a menagerie of humanoids, a pair of dwarves, a man-mountain of a human, a stony alien looking man, a humanoid fox, a flying human female, a Dog boy standing next to a trio of humans, and a large robot. littered on the ground around them are the remains of several dinosaurs, likely raptors of various species. They do not seem to have noticed Sarik's presence.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:43 am

**ROLLS HELD**
Rufus - Once he's satisfied that they're okay he turns his attention back to the others. "Everyone here in one piece?" he looks especially at Two Claws & Dhaltuun. "Wolvenar's Whiskers, you two -- I know guard duty is boring, but I don't know too many who'd willingly get into a fistfight with a spell-casting dinosaur..." he adds with a chuckle. "Chief Optimus would probably be proud of you two if he were here."


Dhaltuun looks at the ground for a second. ”that was all on me. The walking purse said shit about selling us into slavery, and i lost it.” He takes a breathe, and with a smile, nods his head and continues on. ”I botched that. We could have handled that better.’

As he moves off, hehears Rufus’ comment about flying around. Dhaltuun stops and looks up at his furry friend, ”Take Marcella with you. She has good eyes.” "Marcella. Watch over Rufus. He may need your eyes.” He waves his hand in acknowledgement of Jason’s comment.

Dhaltuun looks around at the remaining members during his walk to the carcasses. ”Okay, i see everyone is doing good. No major injuries reported.” He stopps dead in his tracks. Looking around, he asks ”Where is Salomon?” ”Where did he disappear to?” He stops and looks at Leo when he hears the big man speak.

[quote= “Keo”] Circling back around to Dhaltuun, he stands at the ready as the dwarf works to skin the dinos. "Now I know I'm a big ol' farmboy, but dad always left the butcherin' to my elder brother. But let me know what I can do to help - if you need me to heave, lift, pull, or twist anything on these stompers just call out, and I'll get on it." [/quote]

”Sounds good. We are just waitng for our native princess to assisst with the skinning. I am a ;leatherworker, not a sakinner. I can do it, but she would do a better job. I will assist her and you can hold it for us? But lets see what she says.” He waits for Two-Claws to get closer. ”Heya. We are the help. Tell us what you need.’ Dhaltuun takes off his jacket and rolls up his sleeves. ”Lets do this!” This is something dhaltuun enjoys doing.

[quote=”Leo”] "So... you cook dino's often? I've not had dino before. How's the taste? I reckon you have to marinate this meat? Or no? Sometimes predator-meat gets gamey, and you gotta brine it, or so I heard, to cut that gameyness."

He chuckles. "Look at me blatherin' away. I'm no cook. But... I do like a well-crafted meal." He pats his stomach with earnest satisfaction. [/quote]

Dhaltuun stops what he is doing for a second. ”Nope. Never cooked dino, but am gonna try. Dont worry about about being a cook, i am a chef. There may be a few rough meals, but i am gonna learn to cook dino. I am always open to ideas or new ways of cooking.”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Sarik » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:25 am

JIC: 1d100 = 17 1d20 = 2
Perception: 40%: 1d100 = 1
Language: English 82% 1d100 = 85
PPE: 120

What is it with me and winding up in swamps full of hostiles? First the ship crash after being shot down by slavers, and playing cat and mouse with them for weeks. Now this... Sarik had thought to himself during his time. On the upside, swamps meant plenty of water and plenty of food for those who knew how to live off the land. So that had been a bonus to say the least. And this time there weren't a bunch of Splurgoth Slaver parties after him either! The occasionally hostile wildlife he could at least easily cope with. The sounds of fighting however, had certainly drawn his attention. Gunfire meant people, of some sort. The only question was if they were friendly or hostile. Deciding to be on the safe side was best, Sarik would at least empower his armour (-12 PPE, 6hr duration) and go looking. He'd have sat back and watched for a little bit, studying those present and their interactions. The first part that was good news, was that he could apparently understand what they were saying. So, I'm either somewhere in the Three Galaxies still, or... based on the accents, possibly back on Earth, the only question is where....

After listening and watching a little while longer, Sarik decided it was safe enough to reveal himself, slowly walking forward, keeping his weapons stowed "I might be able to help you with that." he would say, speaking up and trying to keep his use of the local language simple. He had a decent understanding of English, but he wasn't an expert, much less a native speaker. "I would however, in exchange, request some assistance in returning to some place a little more civilized such as a proper city or village."
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Two Claws » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:59 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 27 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 63

Sensing that the danger has passed, Two Claws changes herself back into her human form. Standing around and looking at the fallen carcasses. Two Claws glances towards Jason as his voice comes over the PA. Shrugging her shoulders, Two Claws has a confused look, when she turns to Rufus.


Rufus wrote:"Wolvenar's Whiskers, you two -- I know guard duty is boring, but I don't know too many who'd willingly get into a fistfight with a spell-casting dinosaur..." he adds with a chuckle. "Chief Optimus would probably be proud of you two if he were here."


Spell casting dinosaur?! How was I supposed to know that. It is my first time down I this area. besides, if all he does is throw some as round, I'm not very impressed.

Who? Me? Well I didn't do it out of boredom. My negotiation skills have been geared more to dealing with the Xicitix. Their tactics are similar but with a lot less talking involved. I'm just doing what I know how to do best. On another note, it wouldn't have mattered much if had known he was a spell caster beforehand. Probably would have done a little less talking. Next time I'll make sure someone will do the talking.

Two Claws words are followed up by a quick laugh. When Dhaltunn starts to prepare the carcasses, Two Claws will join and help him.

Skin & Prepare Animal Hides - 1d100 = 46 - 52% - to save the skin and prepare the meat for future meals
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides - 1d100 = 29 - 52% - to save the skin and prepare the meat for future meals
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides - 1d100 = 38 - 52% - to save the skin and prepare the meat for future meals
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides - 1d100 = 26 - 52% - to save the skin and prepare the meat for future meals
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides - 1d100 = 76 - 52% - to save the skin and prepare the meat for future meals
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides - 1d100 = 87 - 52% - to save the skin and prepare the meat for future meals
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides - 1d100 = 85 - 52% - to save the skin and prepare the meat for future meals
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Consumer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:53 am

Locals, who needs them?

Skills
Jason Long:
No Skills Used.
Rufus:
No Skills Used.
Dhaltuun:
Leather working (to not damage skin to badly): A group Effort will go into this.
Cooking (know how to butcher): Just like butchering a chicken, if it was five feet tall and made of M.D.C. materials.
Paramedic (make clean cuts): Not the particular wheelhouse of the skill.
Preserve food (how to keep it usable till it gets to freezer): Dhaltuun racks his brain, but does not remember a proper preservation technique for M.D. creatures.
Two Claws:
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides - 1d100 = 46 [Make removable] - 52% - to save the skin and prepare the meat for future meals): Between Two Claws and Dhaltuun, five of the seven hides are usable, though only four of them are in what Two Claws would call good shape, the fifth has more holes then is liked in salable hides.
Leo:
Wilderness Survival (identify swamp hazards): Leo is pretty sure he knows what dangers can happen in the swamp, in this particular case since no one looks particularly wounded, it's more an issue of the swamp getting into their equipment and mucking it up. The immediate area seems safe enough with no bog area being deeper than three feet.
Sarik:
No Skills Used.
Dexter:
No Skills Used.


The next two hours or so are a series of strange events. While Leo gets to know the group, Salomon seems to get irritated by something. "I have to go, a family issue." He says before quickly disappearing into the swamp. Dhaltuun and Two Claws work the skins off the Dinosaurs, followed by Dhaltuun butchering them down into usable quarters. Dhaltuun racks his brain as to what to do with them before getting them back to the Behemoths substantial cooler space. Professor Bharb speaks up when he notices Dhaltuun's frustration. "It's tough meat, just find a suitable pool of water and submerge them. It'll keep them for a time, at least long enough for your purposes."

Sarik from his spot can see the group has seen some combat, but not anything that would be considered life threatening, though from the Raptor's they're skinning he can guess they're competent enough. His approach at first is only noticed by one member of the group, a young woman (Two Claws).

The Templar sees a tall lean humanoid with what is likely a feline tail. He speaks well enough for someone who likely doesn't speak american as their primary language.

Sarik wrote:"I might be able to help you with that." he would say, speaking up and trying to keep his use of the local language simple. He had a decent understanding of English, but he wasn't an expert, much less a native speaker. "I would however, in exchange, request some assistance in returning to some place a little more civilized such as a proper city or village."


What are your Intentions?


GM Notes: I'm going to give you guys this week to play meet and greet, and then we'll move onto the next part of the adventure. ~Consumer.

Butcher's Bill:
Will be cumulative for the scene.
Jason Long: Bonaparte (Main Body): -10 M.D.C., -20 EU-11 rounds
Rufus: -58 P.P.E., Ring of Invisibility Activated, -3 shots from Thunder Gun.
Dhaltuun: -37 P.P.E., -1 Shot from Breechlock
Dexter: Armor of Ithan: -8 M.D.C., Body Armor (Main Body): -23 M.D.C., -20 P.P.E., -4 shots from Mage Fire Rifle.
Two Claws: -6 M.D.C., -10 P.P.E.
Salomón: -2 I.S.P., -60 P.P.E.
Leo: Backpack: -5 M.D.C.
Jessie Armor (Main Body): -22 M.D.C.
Bob: Armor (Main Body): -6 M.D.C., -18 Ammo.
Professor Bharb:
Sarah B:
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Leo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:55 am

Perception: 31% 1d100 = 61

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 96

Salomon wrote:"I have to go, a family issue."


Leo shakes the man's hand again as he leves. "Farewell, friend. Maybe we'll see each other around."

Leo helps as requested, moving the dino bodies and resulting large slabs of meat wherever he's instructed to. He works efficiently and without complaint, no stranger to hard labor, and, inasmuch as possible, he works with a smile on his face.

Movin' meat's a lot easier work than mining and movin' rocks, and Dhaltunn there's a much better taskmaster. Ain't much matter what work they have me doing... 'cause I'm free.

Sarik wrote:"I might be able to help you with that. I would however, in exchange, request some assistance in returning to some place a little more civilized such as a proper city or village."


Leo nearly jumps out of his skin when the newcomer speaks. "HOLY HELL." he looks the newcomer over, trying to figure out what he is, and, more importantly, if his kind are in league with Splugorth.

Lore: D-Bee 35% 1d100 = 35 (SUCCESSish)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 97 (FAIL)

Whover he is, seems friendly enough. Let's see where this goes.

Leo approaches sSarik warily. "You move awful quiet - you got me fit to jump outta my skin. Name's Leo - These kind folks found me here also." He points to Jason Long.

"That there's Jason, he's the leader. Group's called the Templar. I don't think I know everyone well enough to make introductions - met 'em only a couple hours ago."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1 = /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 47
Initiative: 1d20 = 3
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 35 /115 at end of post


Skills -
Preserve food 59% / 1d100 = 35 - prep for transport
Cooking 64% / 1d100 = 3 - flovaor with marinade and spices
Leather working 74% / 1d100 = 61
Leather working 74% / 1d100 = 2
Leather working 74% / 1d100 = 22
Leather working 74% / 1d100 = 7
Leather working 74% / 1d100 = 79

Dhaltuun looks up from his work as he hears Salomon’s voice. ”Huh? What? Need a rift?” He lets the last part fade out ashe sees sal disappear into the swamp. With a shrug and a confused look, Dhaltuun says ”I guess not. Hmmm. Must be important. I hope all is well.” He gets back to his job of cutting and organizing. As he looks at the pile, wondering what to do, Dhaltuun hears the profs words.

Professor Bharb wrote: Professor Bharb speaks up when he notices Dhaltuun's frustration. "It's tough meat, just find a suitable pool of water and submerge them. It'll keep them for a time, at least long enough for your purposes."


Dhaltuun stands straight and beams a smile. ’I got it. I will rift home, the behemoth, store the meat with Vladimar’s help and return.” He starts to use the skins to make manageable packages of meat to carry back to behemoth. Once he has all the meat gathered, He pokes thru his kitchen bag for a minute before pulling out his spice array and some fresh garlic bulbs. As he piles the pieces, He takes some cloves and crushes them on each one, then adds a twist or 2 of cajun spices, finally adding a few drops of his special BBQ sauce to the meat, dhaltuun wraps each pile in skin to preserve it for transport. Before he completely ties the packages off, he looks around. ”Anyone know anything of plants?? Can we find some greens or something to add to this for seasoning.”

As the newcomer speaks, Dhaltuun drops to one knee and pulls his firebolt flintlock ’Whoa!! Not safe to be sneaking up on strangers.”




Jessie

Perception: 1d100 = 45 = /23%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 96
Initiative: 1d20 = 7
APM: 5

Jessie drops from the sky and assumes a defensive stance behind hershiled, watching over Dhaltunn while he is crouched. Holding her sword at the ready, she watches the newcomer.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Sarik » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:50 am

Perception (40%): 1d100 = 14
JIC:1d20 = 18 1d100 = 75

Leo wrote:Leo nearly jumps out of his skin when the newcomer speaks. "HOLY HELL." he looks the newcomer over, trying to figure out what he is, and, more importantly, if his kind are in league with Splugorth.

Leo approaches sSarik warily. "You move awful quiet - you got me fit to jump outta my skin. Name's Leo - These kind folks found me here also." He points to Jason Long.

"That there's Jason, he's the leader. Group's called the Templar. I don't think I know everyone well enough to make introductions - met 'em only a couple hours ago."


Sarik would dip his head to Leo "Well met Leo. I am Sarik Osefice Rasharr." Leo's ability to tell just what sort of creature he was dealing with was perhaps, slightly complicated by the similarities Sarik shared with any number of feline like races. Most would probably presume he was some kind of CS Battle Cat, but the shape wasn't quite right, and more importantly, the D-bee's eyes were... white. Entirely white, or, wait no... not -quite-. There was the the very faint, hard to see milky blue outline of an iris. The fur, where visible, was also an unusual black hue and the shape was slightly off. Couple that with the armour and some of the weapons being of decidedly alien origin, along with the speech pattern, tone and so on, he'd no doubt be quite certain he was dealing with a D-Bee of some sort.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:As the newcomer speaks, Dhaltuun drops to one knee and pulls his firebolt flintlock ’Whoa!! Not safe to be sneaking up on strangers.”


Sarik's attention of course was drawn towards Dhaltuun, the Pantheran quietly assessing the Dwarf and his reactions. A slight tilt of his head to one side. Not an entirely unreasonable response I suppose. Some kind of magic user... one to watch carefully, that is for certain. "Less safe to be bumbling around these parts like a defenseless babe in the woods. The last time I found myself in an environment like this, I spent several weeks fighting and avoiding Splurgoth Slavers." he would stay silent a moment before deciding to ask "What planet is this? Is it Earth?"
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Local Problem, Dinosaur Swamp

Postby Leo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:19 am

(rolls carried over)

Sarik wrote:"Less safe to be bumbling around these parts like a defenseless babe in the woods. The last time I found myself in an environment like this, I spent several weeks fighting and avoiding Splurgoth Slavers. What planet is this? Is it Earth?"


Leo nods, "This is Earth. Heh - I had that same question." He looks the dbee over. He ain't a sploog, or one o' them blind women. He ain't a bio-freak, and I never seen a cat-like T-man.
Odds are he's tellin' the truth, the way I see it.
Then, in a moment of magnanimity, he scoops up the smaller man in a brotherly hug.

He lets him go and steps back. "Good to meet you - I been on the run from the Sploogs myself. They had me for three years." A haunted look crosses his face. And they'll never get me again. Death first.

"Any enemy o' the Sploogs is a brother of mine. Come into camp, I'll show ya around." Leo will introduce Sarik around as needed.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Next

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest