A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:51 pm

The morning is relatively peaceful, although it's approximately eighty-five degrees with seventy to eighty percent humidity. Most of the team isn't what one could call hungry, which opens up a lot of second helpings of breakfast for Leo. Professor Bharb has a quick meeting with his team and they go off to clean, analyze, and notate the findings from the dig. Once he has them moving, he approaches the Templar and has what can only be described as a informal meeting, near the fire pit.

"Well the last few days were interesting, and I did gather some artifacts from the site. So that's good. I think You and yours should be able to roam the town for a day or two and maybe we can scrounge up another location that's within our capabilities." Professor Bharb says with a smile. (Those who passed their Perception Checks, can tell Professor Bharb is a bit shakenfrom the last few days and is mulling over his plans. ~Consumer)

Dhaltuun
Dhaltuun talks with his newest minion who's kept himself busy for the past few days, cleaning the Behemoth.

Dhaltuun wrote:"You my friend. You have been here in the region for awhile. Any idea on how to cook dino meat?"


Vladamir nods slowly. "I know how to, but I can tell you that this mobile kitchen isn't set up to do it without some major changes. Unless you want to brine the meat for the next week and a half or so, to break down the proteins in the meat a bit. Because the other methods require a lot of heat or cooking it buried in the ground for three to four days." Vladamir says with a strange inflection to his voice.


So the group has two days to do as they please, I suggest it involves visiting locations in Char or its surrounding environs.

Char in a Nutshell
Char
Estimated Population: 8.450 permanent residents.
Racial Breakdown:
48% Human (Non-Mutant Barbarians)
25% Mutants/Barbarians.
18% D-Bees.
5% Mutant Animals.
4% Other.
Average Transient Population: 1,900, mostly explorers, hunters, wilderness scouts, and native tribal barbarians.
Tech Level: Low to non-existent on average, however some individuals range up to High-Tech/Modern and Magic.
Surrounding Communities (100 mile radius): 2,000, and that number may be an exaggeration. Exact numbers are hard to come by, and many are migratory. 65% human, mutants and barbarians with low-tech, natural weapons.

Notable Places & Features
Information will be added as the players discover these locations.
Roma's A permanent fixture in the city and the go to watering hole.
Lukais Cybernetics
Pieces & Parts Augmentation
Skullbald's Prosthetic
The Greater Heart Clinic
Stamm Medical Center
Wayside Inn
Night's Rest Inn
Bearcat's Stable
Chamberland's Arms and Armor
Viggo's Firearms
The Guild Temple
Scraptown Salvage
Paradigm's Techno-Wizardry
Stump's SteelTree Forge and Wares
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:46 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 44

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 10

Leo spent the night largely pacing the grounds and looking for trouble, though he did manage to get an hour or two of sleep. Come breakfast time, however, he is thoroughly rested, and he manages to put away enough food for any three people. As the group eats, he'll tell any who finish before he does to leave their dishes and he'll manage them.

After dinner, he cleans each dish thoroughly and puts them away, before deciding to visit the town of Char.

This town is a lot like home - small towns bear a lot in common, whether they're on the plains or in a swamp. You get a few people together and suddenly they become like family. Too many, and they become strangers.

To the group, he announces, "I'm gonna go have a stroll through town, maybe end up at a bar, if anyone's interested. Or if y'all got business and need a pack animal, I... I'm your huckleberry." He chuckles, adding to Sarik, "You and me are the new strangers in town... I know I can be a bit much for some folk but if you want, we can watch each other's backs."

He'll hang around a few minutes to see if anyone wants to join him or use his strong hands to carry purchases. If not, he'll wander off on his own.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 1

Leo wrote:"I'm gonna go have a stroll through town, maybe end up at a bar, if anyone's interested. Or if y'all got business and need a pack animal, I... I'm your huckleberry." He chuckles, adding to Sarik, "You and me are the new strangers in town... I know I can be a bit much for some folk but if you want, we can watch each other's backs."


Dexter raises an eyebrow when Leo mentions ending up at a bar. He takes a few pulls from his cigar and looks up at the muscle clad man. "If ya be goin' to a bar, den ya' can count me in. Me be always in da mood to wet me whistle. Beside not much tinkering me can do wit out a prop'er shop. Ya' never know, maybe me will find sum ding useful in town." Dexter gives a hearty laugh. "If ye give me a few minutes, me would have ike to clean up a bit, before heading off." He waits to see if anyone else would like to join to extreme duo. Before heading into town, Dexter will attempt to clear himself up proper, as best as he can. He puts back on his armor but attaches his helmet to his belt and adorns himself with his top hat. Looking at himself in the mirror, he smiles to himself. "Maybe it be time fer a new hat. Get me a fancy one but no feat'ters. Don't want to be look'n too fancy and all." Dexter says to himself before walking out and meeting up with Leo and any others that want to join in going into town.

Skill Rolls
Wardrobe & Grooming 62% / 1d100 = 92 - to make himself look more pleasing to the eye and not look like a mercenary
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:15 am

(Rolls carried over)

Dexter Portlywright wrote:"If ya be goin' to a bar, den ya' can count me in. Me be always in da mood to wet me whistle. Beside not much tinkering me can do wit out a prop'er shop. Ya' never know, maybe me will find sum ding useful in town. If ye give me a few minutes, me would have like to clean up a bit, before heading off."


Leo grins widely. "Excellent. I hate to drink alone. I mean... I will drink alone, mind you, but I prefer not to." He winks at the Dwarf, and turns to the others. "Any other takers? Sarik? Rufus? Dhal? Jessie? ...Two Claws? ... Jason? Let's make a party of it."

Leo will brush up his armor, scraping the now-dried mud off and giving it a quick polish as he waits for the others to get ready.

Dex wrote:"Maybe it be time fer a new hat. Get me a fancy one but no feat'ters. Don't want to be look'n too fancy and all."


Leo smiles. "SAME. Unfortunately, I dunno if this little hamlet has a Big and Tall shop. Or a... like... Mountainous and Vast shop. But if they do, I could use some new duds. I'm thinking... Jeans and a floral print shirt? Yeah?"
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:07 am

Perception: [dice]1d100[/dice /25%
JIC: [dice]1d20[/dice] / 1d100 = 74
Initiative: 1d20 = 12
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post

Dhaltuun looks at his friend in astonishment. ”You mean, you actually know what to do? Great!! What do I need to do?” He will then spend the early evening talking with Vladimir, handy journal in hand. ”This is great stuff. Recipe ideas, and new ways to work with meat. He is a font of knowledge.” dhaltuun looks at Vladimir fondly, as if seeing a long lost friend for the first time after long apart. ”I am very glad I made your acquaintance, my new friend. We will do great things, I am sure of it.” ’Blessed be is Njord to have sent a great friend and teacher.” Dhaltuun then closes his eyes for a moment, and bows his head in thanks. ”Thank ye lord for sending Jessie to protect and teach my physical self. Thank ye lord for sending Vladimir to protect and teach my mental self. Now please bless me again with a loyal mount and protector. My buggy can't go everywhere.” He raises his head and opens his eyes. With a nod, Dhaltuun look towards the dinner waiting with a raised eyebrow. As if to say “shall we?”. He heads over and sits at the table. Dhaltuun enjoys his helping as does Jessie and Vladimir. Dhaltuun just sits and eats. [i]’This is nice. I miss this. This was a typical weekend for me and mine. We would gather for a meal and some drinks, just to enjoy the company of friends and teammates. He makes a decision. He bangs the tasble and stands up holding his beer stein aloft. ”TOAST!!” a slight cleasring of the throat. ’My friends, This has been quite the day, no? *Smile* But we prevailed and returned the victors. To the victors go the spoils!! Even if it is just dinner.. Hehe. Seriously, it may have been uncoordinated, but you all did a great job out there. I am honored to be called a TEMPLAR!! Hear, Hear. And thanks to the prof for all his help and skill in this endeavor. Drink up!! Eat Up!! We are just getting started!!” with a big gulp of his beer, he riases the mug again and sits down.


Seeing the new guy, Leo, doing the dishes, Dhaltuun heads over and with a ’Need a hand?” he grabs a towel to dry. He will stand there quietly enjoying the camaraderie of the group.





So the group has two days to do as they please, I suggest it involves visiting locations in Char or its surrounding environs.

At the announcement of the bar hopping trip, Dhaltuun raises his hand. ”I will go. I need to ask some stuff and find ingredients.” He looks around the group ”Cuz someone wanted Dino burgers.” At that moment, Jessie says ’I will accompany you all as well. I too shall see this Char.” Vladimir just adds ”Count me in.” With that, Vladimir turns into a house cat and jumps up on Dhaltuun’s shoulders. ”Looks like team Dhaltuun is ready to hit the town.” He waits for the others, before putting his overcoat on atop his harness and baldric. ”May I suggest no big guns or weapons?” With that he unclips his smg and puts it away in his room.

Dhaltuun would like to few things while here in Char
OOC Comments
1: Find someone to show him how to cook dino meat
2: look for ways to enhance Marcella (sdc osprey)
3: SHOP (water, ocean/sea, pirate themed stuff.) definitely is looking for unique or exotic.
4: Learn about ironwood and the use of it
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:59 am

(Rolls carried over)

Dinner

Dhaltuun wrote:”TOAST!! My friends, This has been quite the day, no? But we prevailed and returned the victors. To the victors go the spoils!! Even if it is just dinner.. Hehe. Seriously, it may have been uncoordinated, but you all did a great job out there. I am honored to be called a TEMPLAR!! Hear, Hear. And thanks to the prof for all his help and skill in this endeavor. Drink up!! Eat Up!! We are just getting started!!”


Leo raises his stein and drains it. I like this guy... these people, all of 'em really. They... fight for what's right, and they take time to appreciate the good things.

Leo stands and refills his stein. "I got one too."

He looks at Sarik, and then at each of the people at the table in turn. He raises his stein. "To new friends. To fighting the good fight. And to living the good life. Bottom's up." He again drains his stein.

Later, he quietly washes the dishes, a smile on his face, thinking about the day he's had and the new friends he's found. Sure as hell beats flying solo, running for my life from the Sploog. Gonna ride this train to the last stop.

Dhal wrote:"Need a hand?”


He smiles at his companion. "Momma always said only fools turn down help with the dishes. An' my momma didn't raise no fools. I'll wash, you dry?"

As they work, he tries to get to know Dhaltuun a bit better. "So, Dhaltuun... I didn't quite see everything during that big dino fight - what's your game? You a man-at-arms? A line walker, maybe? I mean... it's pretty obvious what I am, right? I ain't gotta spell it out for no one." He gestures at his bio-comp and juicer harness.

"But I like to know what folks can do... in case I need to run hide behind someone, y'know?" He chuckles at his own jest.




Later

As Leo waits for others to speak up on who will be joining the First Annual Char Pub Crawl, Dhaltuun speaks up.

Dhal wrote:”I will go. I need to ask some stuff and find ingredients. Cuz someone wanted Dino burgers.”


Leo offers a little celebration, in the form of a sedate fist-pump. "Yes!" His smile widens as Jessie and Vladamir both agree to join.

Dhal wrote:”Looks like team Dhaltuun is ready to hit the town.”


Leo nods appreciatively. "NOW it's a party. Hells yeah, let's get this road on the show."

Dhal wrote:”May I suggest no big guns or weapons?”


Leo unslings his hammer and leaves it behind. "Best I can do, boss. 'Cept stay home, but I ain't doing that." He winks and smiles. "Saddle up, gang. This town ain't never seen the likes o' carousers and scoundrels like us," he says, obviously joking. "Let's make sure they remember it."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Perception:1d100 = 54 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 43

Once they're back and settled back in after dinner, he looks for Jason. "So, boss, don't know if you heard the Raptor King but he was calling us out for being so uncoordinated. Granted, he was smug about it because his idea of 'coordination' was controlling other dinosaurs, but he did kinda have a point. We don't really have much in the way of a battle plan aside from 'everyone out for themselves.' Got any ideas as to how we could... I don't know... I think you humans call it, 'getting our act together?'"


Jason sits down with Rufus to talk about the incident.

"You're right. That was, what we in the military call, a cluster fuck. I'm to blame as much as anyone. It also didn't impress the professor. I don't know if he was shaken up by the violence itself, or the fact that we didn't even try to negotiate. If the latter, I hope that this doesn't cost us our contract." Jason leans back and lights a cigar, taking the time getting it going to arrange his thoughts. " Looking at the incident objectively, we seriously jumped the gun. He was not an overt threat yet. He was insulting, but I threw it right back in his face. We are in uncharted territory here. We may run into someone or other's territory. It is not unheard of for groups to ask for payment for crossing or using their land. From the raptor king's point of view, we probably acted like bandits. That is not who we are."

Jason looks out at the other Templar getting ready to bed down, trying to decide how best to address the issue. He sighs and turns back to Rufus. "Well old buddy, we have got to get these people on the same page. It's an inglorious job, but I'm appointing you my second in command. I'll have some kind of badge made up for you. We have a couple days before we head out again, so I'll need your help coming up with a plan. One of the first things I would like to do is get earpieces made for everyone who does not wear a helmet with built in speakers. When I was an MP, we had earpieces which were lightweight gel. They wouldn't fall out in a hurricane and still let you hear everything around you. That way we can share information easier without necessarily alerting anyone around us. We should also have a protocol for dealing with locals. "

Jason looks again to his team, feeling that he let them down. "Since some of them seem to want to blow off steam tomorrow. We will hold off on the team meeting until afterwards. I'll check places in town for the earpieces." He looks at Rufus's ears and smiles. "Yours will have to be custom made." Jason turns serious again. "Do you think we should try to track down that raptor king? If he does have control over a territory, we may have just made a serious enemy. If it is big enough, we could have created a problem for Char. While you are out and about tomorrow, I'd like you to ask around if anyone knows anything about him. I'll do the same. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:19 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 11:00 AM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


Skill Rolls
Dex: Wardrobe & Grooming (To make himself look more pleasing to the eye and not look like a mercenary): Dex's idea of not a mercenary and everyone else's idea of what is a mercenary are seemingly one in the same, along with a side of bad hair day and likely the wrinkliest clothes ever worn. (This includes ruffled crushed velvet.)


Out on the town, Bar Crawl two: electric boogaloo
Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

Leo and his short obvious bodyguards make their way into the ruins that once was the metropolis of Charlotte, North Carolina. While the outskirts, where the group has made their camp are slowly being eaten by old mother nature, the central heart of downtown and it's immediate surroundings show signs of life. People living in retrofitted buildings, boarded up with local materials, shops based out of the shells of even older shops, the occasional vehicle driving past. While the population of char is far lower than some of her northern or western counterparts, she is likely the largest city in the dinosaur Swamp.

Dexter and Dhaltuun know of the biggest watering hole in town, so the group initially gravitates towards it. Roma's is a chaotic mess of an outdoor bar. It's major works based out of the ruins of an old fountain that still produces water. All of this is covered by a large cnopy made of old canvas, and animal hides. Surrounding the "bar" are a few dozen mismatched tables with a larger amount of mismatched chairs. At the current time the bar is moderately busy with what looks like a midday meal crowd. There being anywhere between twenty and fifty people present at the moment.

In the center directing her small army of staff is the cyclops woman known as Roma. She directs them with a strange efficiency, that those outside of the food industry would little understand. A large slate chalkboard lists the menu.

Menu Board wrote:Meat Plate 5 credits
Veggie Plate 5 credits
Mystery Plate 7 credits
Eye of the Hurricane 6 Credits
Whiskey 10 Credits
Wine 7 Credits
Rum 5 Credits
Vodka 15 Credits
Gin 9 Credits
Beer 5 credits


Notes specifically for Dhaltuun
Vladamir doesn't want to go into a town, he will stay at the Behemoth. Hearth Spirits are not known for liking travel. Little lists at the bottom of your post mean nothing, post in character actions to do any of those things. There is a literal list of what is available in Char in the initial GM post. ~Consumer


At the Camp.
Everyone but Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

Camp is relatively quiet. With Jessie, Bob, and the drones walking security on the perimeter, no one or thing seems to want to pester the Templar/University of Lazlo expedition. Reep is busy maintaining the expedition vehicles, while Professor Bharb and his "Students" look over their trinkets and other data points.

This leaves the remainder of the Templar with not only free time, but some relative peace, save that it's hot and muggy in a way that only the south can be.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:14 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 70

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 17

Leo marches into town with his new friends, checking out the environs as they go. Char's certainly an interesting place - built on the ruins of something else. These people are definitely survivors.

"I like this town. It's like desert scrub - determined to live where it is, damn the inhospitable conditions. Reminds me o' home, in a way."

As they enter Roma's he looks around, taking in the view. When he sees Roma, he thinks DAMN. That's a lot of woman. Could be fun...

Leo scrutinizes the chairs as they enter Roma's. Instead of trusting his mass to a rickety wooden chair, he grabs the sturdiest chair he can find and gently lowers himself into it, hoping it holds.

As a waiter or waitress approaches, Leo smiles. "Nice place. Three meat plates and three beers to start." He looks at his two companions. "What're you guys having?"

Charm: 10% 1d100 = 30 (LOL)
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76 /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 97
Initiative: 1d20 = 18
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post


Skills -



POST
Dhaltuun carries Vladamir back into the behemoth. ”Okay you stay here. Jessie will stay as well if i know her.” Dhaltuun sets his new friend down and asks him to prepare a package to take to Roma as an apology. ”What do you think, vladamir?? 50 lbs a good start?” With a chuckle, he heads off to his quarters to finish packing his daybag. ”Okay. Lets see. Spice array…check. Knives ...check. Notepad and recorder ...check and check… everything else looks good.” he grabs his baldric and coat along with the pack and heads back to the galley. Grabbing the meatpack, he puts in his pack, on the top, before closing the pack securely. He then, as a final thought, calls Marcella to his shoulder.

Dhaltuun just enjoys the company of his teammates as they head into town. ”This is great. Hanging out with me team. Travelling, exploring. I pray our endeavors do Njord honour.” He returns to the here and now as Leo’s voice booms out. As he walks, he absentmindedly rubs and scratches his best bird.

[quote=”Leo”]"I like this town. It's like desert scrub - determined to live where it is, damn the inhospitable conditions. Reminds me o' home, in a way."[/quote]

”I know what you mean. These are a sturdy peoples. We can learn much here.” Dhaltuun will then walk and window shop as he heads for Roma’s. There is so much to look at, it is hard for him to NOT look like a tourist. ’I need,more than a day here. So much to do.” He stops for a moment. Pulling out his notepad, Dhaltuun looks at his friends. ”I will catch up. I want to see a couple of things before Roma’s.”

He lets the other two move off before he looks around, trying to decide where to go first. After a moment, he shakes his head in defeat and heads to Roma’s. ”what am I thinking? I'm broke right now. Need to make some creds before I head for shops.” He walks into Roma’s.

As soon as he enters, Dhaltuun looks around for Roma. Seeing her, he heads over. ”Excuse me. Hello again, I am Dhaltuun. I made a mess last time i was here. I would like to give you this dino meat as a small token of how sorry I am. This is just a start. I am hoping to find someone to teach me how to prepare dino meat.” He will then give a small bow and wait for a response.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:39 am

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 39
JIC: 1d100 = 4 1d20 = 17

OOC Comments
Skill Rolls to see if he can find anything useful for parts etc to make and sell or keep and use, or even ply said skills in trade for materials or other things of interest:
Botany 37% 1d100 = 70
Art (Professional): 72% 1d100 = 27

Lore: Magic and Ley Lines:
General Knowledge: 67% 1d100 = 87
Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 57% 1d100 = 57
Recognize Enchantment 47% 1d100 = 11

Field Armourer & Munitions Expert 72% 1d100 = 19
Basic Mechanics 57% 1d100 = 50
Wilderness Survival 62% 1d100 = 21

Leather Working 82% 1d100 = 92
Whittling & Sculpting: 57% 1d100 = 64

Sewing: 67% 1d100 = 19
Wardrobe & Grooming: 70% 1d100 = 3

Skin & Prepare Animal Hides: 47% 1d100 = 88
Blacksmith 52% 1d100 = 37

To try and negotiate prices for goods or services:
Barter 36% 1d100 = 52
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 41

Invoke Trust: 30% 1d100 = 10



Sarik would mostly keep to himself for a time, though he was social enough to gather with the others at meal time and otherwise give a hand if someone looked like they needed it. Outside of that, he was mostly keeping his nose buried in a journal and would be writing away as well as drawing sketches to get the whole thing caught up on all his adventures. This was the first time in a good while he'd had not only time to sit down and do so, but also do so safely.

When the mention of going into town came up, Sarik decided he would at least go along. He didn't have much money or items to trade, but he was confident he could find some way to work something out.

Leo wrote:He chuckles, adding to Sarik, "You and me are the new strangers in town... I know I can be a bit much for some folk but if you want, we can watch each other's backs."


Leo wrote:Leo grins widely. "Excellent. I hate to drink alone. I mean... I will drink alone, mind you, but I prefer not to." He winks at the Dwarf, and turns to the others. "Any other takers? Sarik? Rufus? Dhal? Jessie? ...Two Claws? ... Jason? Let's make a party of it."


"Certainly, if you wish." Sarik would somewhat quietly respond to Leo, not quite sure what to make of the huge, apparently gregarious man. Then again, when you're powerful enough, I suppose you can afford to treat everyone like a friend... "Though, I'm not much of one for drink right now. More than anything, I need supplies and I'm rather short on, well, everything."

Later, at the dinner he'd once more remain quiet and observant of the others. He didn't interact much, but he was paying attention all the same, in much the manner one might expect of say... a house cat. Keeping to himself, watching the others going about their lives. Studying them with a kind of introverted curiosity.

Leo wrote:He looks at Sarik, and then at each of the people at the table in turn. He raises his stein. "To new friends. To fighting the good fight. And to living the good life. Bottom's up." He again drains his stein.


"Ahh... yes. Of course."
Sarik would respond, not quite sure how to take that declaration so soon, he didn't really know... anyone here but, he didn't want to seem unfriendly or ungrateful! He just didn't really know how to act at the moment. He had a lot on his mind, and still needed time to really get to know everyone before he'd feel comfortable. Especially with all these mages...

When it came time to check out the town, Sarik would focus mostly on wanting to check out a number of businesses, specifically Chamberland's Arms and Armor, Viggo's Firearms, Stump's SteelTree Forge and Wares, Scraptown Salvage and Paradigm's Techno-Wizardry more or less in that order. Mostly he was interested in seeing what wares there were, and in the case of the scrap yard, what potential scrap there was that he could use to fabricate things for himself to use, or perhaps to barter for things he'd need. He had a lot of assorted skills to put to use after all, and perhaps he'd even be able to work a trade at one or more of the businesses given his knowledge of blacksmithing, leatherworking and other desirable skill sets.

Primarily, above all for now, he was keeping an eye out for silver, or better yet, silver bullets that would fit with his Thundergun. Secondly, ammunition for the gun in general since it could use silver rounds or regular ammunition. Failing that, perhaps he could find a few more books, pads of paper, drawing paper, art supplies, paints and so on and so forth. The technowiard shop he'd poke his nose into more out of curiosity than anything else, fairly convinced he'd not be able to find anything he could afford even remotely given his current finances, but it never hurt to look! Besides, he might find something as nifty as the TW pen he'd been gifted....
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 87

After finishing up with Rufus, Jason heads into town to catch up with the others. His late start means that he doesn't see where the drinkers head. Jason will, instead, start checking the shops. He has a list of items in mind, starting with 2 spare radios and ear pieces that are compatible with the team radios. In his wanderings, if he chances upon Sarik, he will suggest that they check the shops together.

Jason takes interest in Sarik's Thunderguns. "You are only the second person I've seen carrying these." Jason indicates his own Thundergun. "May I see one of yours?" If Sarik consents, Jason looks it over to see if there are any differences to his own. He wonders if they are all handmade, custom guns, or if they are part of a production run somewhere. "Just about all my weapon experience has been with mass produces factory guns. It is interesting to me to see different builders' takes on the same weapon. " Jason also is on the hunt for more ammunition for the big revolver; silver, SDC, 45 ramjet rounds, etc.

((Recognize Weapon Quality--77% / 1d100 = 74 examining Sarik's Thunderguns, if allowed)
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 53

"You're right. That was, what we in the military call, a cluster fuck. I'm to blame as much as anyone. It also didn't impress the professor. I don't know if he was shaken up by the violence itself, or the fact that we didn't even try to negotiate. If the latter, I hope that this doesn't cost us our contract." Jason leans back and lights a cigar, taking the time getting it going to arrange his thoughts. " Looking at the incident objectively, we seriously jumped the gun. He was not an overt threat yet. He was insulting, but I threw it right back in his face. We are in uncharted territory here. We may run into someone or other's territory. It is not unheard of for groups to ask for payment for crossing or using their land. From the raptor king's point of view, we probably acted like bandits. That is not who we are."


Rufus nods. “If I were the Professor, I’d probably have a few second thoughts at the time as well. But I like to think that the more he thinks about with a cool head it he’ll realize we’re not bandit thugs.” I certainly hope so, anyway… he adds to himself. At least that’s the impression that I got from Aletuilatl back at the temple. I’ve traveled with worse on the way to MercTown, but I wouldn’t want us to be that way full time.

He wrinkles his nose at Jason’s cigar smoke and fans away the occasional whiff that gets too close. “My folk like to say lepa beseda lepo mesto najde -- ‘politeness costs little and yields much.’ I think we all could have benefited from that, including Lizard-Lips himself. I don’t know that in the long run it would have gone down any other way than it did since it seemed like he was spoiling for a fight from the start, but from where I stand it’s always worth trying to talk our way out of a situation first. If nothing else it may reduce our chances of having to repair our gear or replace ammo.” He rubs his chin. “Of course, that could possibly mean our budget for bribes and baubles having to increase. Those scrolls from Nakamura aren’t exactly ones you can buy in bulk.”

Jason looks out at the other Templar getting ready to bed down, trying to decide how best to address the issue. He sighs and turns back to Rufus. "Well old buddy, we have got to get these people on the same page. It's an inglorious job, but I'm appointing you my second in command. I'll have some kind of badge made up for you. We have a couple days before we head out again, so I'll need your help coming up with a plan. One of the first things I would like to do is get earpieces made for everyone who does not wear a helmet with built in speakers. When I was an MP, we had earpieces which were lightweight gel. They wouldn't fall out in a hurricane and still let you hear everything around you. That way we can share information easier without necessarily alerting anyone around us. We should also have a protocol for dealing with locals. "

Jason looks again to his team, feeling that he let them down. "Since some of them seem to want to blow off steam tomorrow. We will hold off on the team meeting until afterwards. I'll check places in town for the earpieces." He looks at Rufus's ears and smiles. "Yours will have to be custom made."


Rufus chuckles as he manages a salute. “Aye aye, chief… but what’s that phrase you humans like to use? ‘Wee don’ neeed no steeenkeeng badges?’” he laughs. “I’ll be honest, I don’t think I’d mind a bit of steam-blowing as well as I haven’t done much of it since leaving Lazlo. But some might tell you I did enough of it there to last me quite a while yet. But we should probably use this downtime to prep for the next trip out into the field…” he thinks for a moment. “Probably should start by taking inventory of who has radios already and who don’t.” He pulls the walkie talkie style radio from his belt. “I borrowed this from the stash on board the Behemoth; there looked to be enough to go around but it’d be better if we all had our own units -- and possibly a bit higher quality ones at that. Once we have a wish list we can head out shopping; I don’t get the idea that this burg has many options for electronics so we may have to just take what we can get.” He sighs. “A pity… I’d like to look into some options for a personal robot we could use to house Carny’s A.I. instead of hard-wiring him into the Behemoth outright…” His voice trails off and he’s quiet for a moment before suddenly shaking the cobwebs out of his head. “We’d also need to know which ones already know how to operate them and who would need to be taught. It won’t do much good to give someone a radio if they don’t know what buttons to push.”

He cocks his head and looks up at Jason. “What are the comms capabilities of your tank? We could probably use it as a hub while out in the field if they’re good enough or could be upgraded for it. It’d make sense tactically as well as you’d need to know what we’re all doing anyway.”

Jason turns serious again. "Do you think we should try to track down that raptor king? If he does have control over a territory, we may have just made a serious enemy. If it is big enough, we could have created a problem for Char. While you are out and about tomorrow, I'd like you to ask around if anyone knows anything about him. I'll do the same. "


Rufus nods slowly. “Yep, we may have bought a cat in a sack with that one. Raptor Kings aren’t the humblest of creatures so it’s unlikely he’ll forgive us anytime soon… and it’s also unrealistic to believe we won’t have another run-in with him as long as we’re in this general area. As for it being ‘his’ territory, well… they’re pretty nomadic so it may just be a case of ‘wherever I am is my territory’ kind of thinking. They’re loners for the most part so I don’t think the city’s in too much danger but it’d probably be a good idea for us to be extra cautious. I doubt he’ll announce his presence so brazenly next time -- if there IS a next time, that is.”

The next morning after breakfast he tags along with Jason investigating the shops with an eye on more technological items. Not looking for anything in particular, of course, unless there happens to be any robots suitable for Carny…
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:50 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 11:20 AM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


Out on the town, Bar Crawl two: electric boogaloo
Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

Leo discovers there isn't so much a wait staff as, that patrons order at the "bar" and someone brings the stuff out to them. In any case, The trio of cooks look at the big man and nod. "Thirty Credits." One of them says. Once paid the trio go about fulfilling the order.

Dhaltuun approaches Roma and makes an offering in hopes of learning how to cook dinosaur. The Cyclopean woman seems confused and tilts her head to the side. "Dinosaur is easy, cook for a long time and it's done, or have very tough teeth." She says with a chuckle. "What else can I tell you small man?" Roma says obviously towering over Dhaltuun.

Dexter is quiet for the most part.

Out on the town, Window Shopping
Jason, Sarik, Rufus

The group makes their way out into the town, not having a particular agenda, the group seems to follow Sarik's lead. Sarik leads the group from camp and almost directly to Chamberlands Arms And Armor. A shop built into the remains of a pre-rifts department store. It has been reinforced and there is obvios defenses in place. The interior is unlike th shops in MercTown, but only by a little bit. There are shelves and racks with assorted items on display, as well as open crates with wares available to browse. The only things that do not seem to be on open display is ammunition, that all seems to be stored behind a counter where a relatively ancient looking old man putters about cleaning while smoking a hand-rolled cigarette. When the group enters, he looks up. "Welcome to Chamberland's Arms and Armor, how may we help you?" The old man says with a polite sales voice.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:54 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 79

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 10

Cook wrote:"Thirty Credits."


Leo slides his cred card over. "A bargain at any price. Start a tab for me, will ya?"

OOC Comments
Credits deducted already from equipment sheet


As he pays, Dhal walks up with his offering of meats.

Dhal wrote:"Excuse me. Hello again, I am Dhaltuun. I made a mess last time i was here. I would like to give you this dino meat as a small token of how sorry I am. This is just a start."


A mess? What... kind of mess?

Leo returns to the table and awaits delivery of the food while Dhal talks to the staff. When he returns, he asks, "So... y'all been here before? And... made some kinda mess?" He chuckles.

"Can't have been that bad: you're still welcome, it looks like."

When the food arrives, Leo tucks in, eating the meat with the zeal of one who's been living on scraps for too long. He eats quickly and quietly, listening to the other's conversations. These folk seem a bit reserved... Might be I'm too much for 'em, with my simple country ways. Still... you don't make no friends unless you're friendly. But I've been told before I come on too strong.

"So... what's it like, bein' in the Templars? I get the 'fighting the good fight' vibe, and that's... honestly that's awesome. I love that. Ain't too many out looking to do more than find the upper hand and make some quick credits, no matter who it hurts, so it's refreshing."

"But... What's it like... being a Templar? Is this a... professional-relationship-only kind of group - everyone maintains their own lives and only interact on the job? Or is this... a paramilitary unit where you all bunker down together and are brothers... or is it a family vibe?"


He eats another bite of mystery meat, and chews thoughtfully before adding. "Reason I ask is that I been told I come on too strong, and I don't wanna misread a situation, y'know? I'm... more of a family man, myself. I like having... strong friendships. A professional group is good... but... if people are only watching your back because they're paid to... well, there's a trust issue there. So... I prefer family. I like making strong friendships so people know where I stand. That if you're out there in the world and you're trying to hurt my brother, you're gonna have me to deal with."

"But I don't wanna step on any toes. So if that's not your vibe, please... let me know. I don't do well on non-verbal signals." He chuckles a bit before downing a bottle of beer and moving on to the next meat plate.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 23

Dexter chuckles when Leo inquires about Dhaltunn's mess. He pulls out a cigar and begins to light it. "Aye, there not be much da tell about that night. Me will let da man of da hour tell his tale." Dexter rolls his cigar as Leo shows his heart on his sleeve. He adjusts his hat. "Well big man, from da short time me have been wit dem it be more of a comb'nation of a para military and and family feel. Bein'g too strong aging gonn'a and bother me one bit. Trust should be da foundation of all relations. Ya' always can use sum one when things get hairy. Come let me buy us all a round of sum rum." Dexter walks over to the bar and orders a round for the trio. After he gathers the shots, he walks back over and hands them out. "Cheers." Raising his shot glass as high as he can, so that Leo doesn't have to bend over as much.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68 /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 30
Initiative: 1d20 = 11
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post


Skills -
N/A


POST
Consumer wrote:The Cyclopean woman seems confused and tilts her head to the side. "Dinosaur is easy, cook for a long time and it's done, or have very tough teeth."She says with a chuckle. "What else can I tell you small man?" Roma says obviously towering over Dhaltuun.


Dhaltuun’s shoulders slump at the response. Taking a deep breathe, He raises his eyes and shoulders to look her in the eye,so to speak. ”is there someone here in town who can teach me how to cook it for a long time?” ”I keep hearing that, but no exact times or at what heat. This is the information I need.” Seeing Leo out of the corner of his eye, Dhaltuun nods at him in greeting.

Once he gets a response, good or bad, he heads to the table with the others. ”Hello Again my friends.” He motions with his hand and a raised eyebrow, at an empty chair. ”I amempty of pocket but would enjoy the company.”

Once seated, Dhaltuun looks at Leo. ”Hehe. The first time we were here,we were prepping for the foray. The team and i came into char for a meal. I tried to spice mine a little but overdid it and heaved all over the floor. I haven’t been back since.”

Dhaltuun sits back and ponders Leo’s comments. ”I like this guy. He seems to have a good heart, and strong values. He will make a good addition to the team.” He slaps the table lightly, ”That is my kind of thinking. I like the family aspect as well. We all help each other, we all succeed.” He sits back in his seat and relaxes as the convo continues.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:06 am

(Rolls carried over)

Dhaltuun wrote:”Hehe. The first time we were here,we were prepping for the foray. The team and i came into char for a meal. I tried to spice mine a little but overdid it and heaved all over the floor. I haven’t been back since.”


Leo smiles. That all? That's no big deal. Happens to everyone. And I get a feeling that an outdoor place like this just hoses the floor down at night."

Dhaltuun wrote:”I am empty of pocket but would enjoy the company.”


Leo gestures to a chair, his mouth full.

Dexter wrote: "Well big man, from da short time me have been wit dem it be more of a comb'nation of a para military and and family feel. Bein'g too strong aging gonn'a and bother me one bit. Trust should be da foundation of all relations. Ya' always can use sum one when things get hairy. Come let me buy us all a round of sum rum."


Leo nods emphatically, chewing on a hunk of cooked flesh. "My thoughts exactly." He turns to Dhaltuun - next round's on me - what's your poison?"[/b]

Dhaltuun wrote:”That is my kind of thinking. I like the family aspect as well. We all help each other, we all succeed.”


Leo smiles. "I'm glad to hear it. Sometimes I misread a situation, but it's good to know that, even if I had, I'm not being, you know, WAY out of line. I come from a big family, so that kind of thing is second nature to me. You know, even with my brothers, no matter what we had going on, how mad we were at each other, we had each other's backs when it came down to it. And when you face down death with people - even if you don't know each other all that well, in my mind that makes you family, as sure as blood."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 80

Consumer wrote:
Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 11:20 AM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


The group makes their way out into the town, not having a particular agenda, the group seems to follow Sarik's lead. Sarik leads the group from camp and almost directly to Chamberlands Arms And Armor. A shop built into the remains of a pre-rifts department store. It has been reinforced and there is obvios defenses in place. The interior is unlike th shops in MercTown, but only by a little bit. There are shelves and racks with assorted items on display, as well as open crates with wares available to browse. The only things that do not seem to be on open display is ammunition, that all seems to be stored behind a counter where a relatively ancient looking old man putters about cleaning while smoking a hand-rolled cigarette.


Rufus follows along, making small talk chit-chat along the way as he takes in the sights/sounds/smells. This probably qualifies as one of those 'nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there' kind of towns. Then again, the folks that actually do live here would probably say it's much nicer than living out in the Dinosaur Swamp -- and they'd quite likely be right.

When they approach the store he stares at the building. "Moji prijatelji, I think we've arrived Char's high-rent district." Normally he wouldn't expect much of anything of worth to be on sale inside a building like this -- and he still isn't expecting a whole lot here, to be sure -- but given the surroundings it's probably their best shopping option by a long shot. Rufus simply shrugs slightly and follows Sarik inside. As he enters the building he takes a few inquisitive sniffs of the area to see what his nose can tell about the locale and swivels his ears around to pick up any stray sounds of interest. He also keeps his more arcane senses peeled for any tell-tale sparkles of magic activity in the air or on the store's guards/staff/patrons/inventory.

Sensing Stuff
- 1d100 = 58/56% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
- 1d100 = 61/70% to recognize common/known smells
- 1d100 = 41/46% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away
- Can hear into a higher range of sound and can register sounds of 35,000 vibrations per second compared to 20,000 in humans and 25,000 in cats. His large ears work like external sound receivers that can pick up and swivel to focus in on the sound of the noise.
- Sense Magic in Use: Up to 600’ (182.9 m) away
- See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)
- Sense a Rift: Anywhere within 100 miles (160.9 km) of him
- NOTE: If there are any ley lines or nexus points within his sensing range (60 miles) he'd probably already have sensed them.


Consumer wrote:"Welcome to Chamberland's Arms and Armor, how may we help you?" The old man says with a polite sales voice.


Rufus responds with a smile and a bow. "Dobro jutro -- good morning to you, good sir. We're in need of some personal radio equipment, and we're hoping you could help us out. Any decent maps of the area would be handy as well." He scratches his ear, as if unsure he wants to continue. "And I don't suppose you'd have any human-sized robots on clearance, would you?" He says with a half smirk. "It's for a... well, it's more a research experiment than anything else at this point."

First Impressions
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 28/40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 99/25%


Availability Rolls for Radio Equipment
Barter: 1d100 = 40/52%
Radio: Basic: 1d100 = 94/ 77% (to communicate what he's looking for as well as evaluate what's available)
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 87/40% ("C'mon, sell me stuff! I'm cute!")
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 63/25%


Availability Rolls for Maps
Barter: 1d100 = 83/52%
Land Navigation: 1d100 = 30/ 66% (to communicate what he's looking for as well as evaluate what's available)
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 59/40% ("C'mon, sell me stuff! I'm cute!")
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 14/25% ("C'mon, sell me stuff! You can trust me!")


Availability Rolls for Robot
Barter: 1d100 = 19/52%
Basic Electronics: 1d100 = 53/42% (to communicate what he's looking for as well as evaluate what's available)
Basic Mechanics: 1d100 = 32/42% (to communicate what he's looking for as well as evaluate what's available)
Electrical Engineer: 1d100 = 85/42% (to communicate what he's looking for as well as evaluate what's available)
Robot Electronics: 1d100 = 39/42% (to communicate what he's looking for as well as evaluate what's available)
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 44/40% ("C'mon, sell me stuff! I'm cute!")
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 76/25% ("C'mon, sell me stuff! You can trust me!")
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 21

Consumer wrote: When the group enters, he looks up. "Welcome to Chamberland's Arms and Armor, how may we help you?" The old man says with a polite sales voice.


Rufus wrote:Rufus responds with a smile and a bow. "Dobro jutro -- good morning to you, good sir. We're in need of some personal radio equipment, and we're hoping you could help us out. Any decent maps of the area would be handy as well." He scratches his ear, as if unsure he wants to continue. "And I don't suppose you'd have any human-sized robots on clearance, would you?" He says with a half smirk. "It's for a... well, it's more a research experiment than anything else at this point."


Jason also greets the merchant, "Good morning, sir. With respect to the radio equipment, we are looking for secure radios compatible with these." Jason hands him one of the other team radios. "The radios should also have ear pieces and separate boom or throat microphones." Once the merchant has time to consider their requests, Jason asks about ammunition. "In addition, I am looking for 45LC ammunition, particularly silver and ramjet rounds."
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:41 am

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 65
JIC: 1d100 = 47 1d20 = 16

Sarik continued to study the interior of the store and check out the wares as the others stepped up to put in their requests. Though at Jason mentioning the ammunition he'd pipe up "I'd like some of that same ammunition as well please. Though, no ramjets. Just silver and some standard rounds or, well what ever other ammunition you have that might be suitable. I was also wondering if you happened to have any arrows? Standard hunting arrows, explosive heads, gas heads, anything like that?" he'd ask somewhat hopefully "Or perhaps some ammunition that's like this?" he'd ask pulling out a magazine from his Stomper Machine Pistol. That one he rather doubted would be available in a place like this, but it never hurt to check! I really should see about some bullet making supplies, I could make this stuff myself, if I just had the tools and raw materials...

Availability Rolls:

(For .45 standard ammo)
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 25
Barter 36% 1d100 = 3

(For .45 silver ammo)
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 98
Barter 36% 1d100 = 95

(For Arrows)
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 87
Barter 36% 1d100 = 79

(For Stomper ammo)
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 95
Barter 36% 1d100 = 47
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Two Claws » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:50 am

Perception : 1d100 = 20 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 3

Two Claws elects to remain st camp while the others head off into town for some R n' R. Remaking at the camp, she decides to do some thorough searching of the surrounding area. She extends her search area farther than what she normally searches. Two Claws even looks for some plant based food, to help off set all the meat they just acquired. She stops by the camp a couple of times to check in and make sure nothing has changed.

Land Navigation 1d100 = 82 - 65% / to not get lost
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 41 - 62% / to help identify edible plants
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 47 - 57% / to not get caught off guard
Identify Plants & Fruit 1d100 = 28 - 27% / to find something edible
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:07 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 11:40 AM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


Out on the town, Bar Crawl two: electric boogaloo
Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

The worker takes Leo's card and puts it into what is likely the most kit-bashed computerized device Leo has ever seen. Several long minutes pass, before it beeps, and the man pulls the card out and hands it back to Leo. The group sits at one of the tables to enjoy food and beer in the drowning humid heat. Dexter tells the story of Dhaltuun's mess and some laughs are had.

Dhaltuun looking like a sad puppy asks Roma a question. She shakes her head and chuckles a soft base chuckle. "Oh you want recipes... not how to cook it. That is very different. I can teach you a recipe or two, especially since you donated a decent amount of meat." Roma says going so far as to gesture to another table, this one has a bench that is likely sturdy enough to hold the giantess' weight. Over the next several minutes, Dhaltuun is explained a pair of recipes specifically for dinosaur meat. One is a sausage dish that would likely take him weeks to make, but will also likely be very delicious. The other is a recipe or a more traditional smoked and bbq'd dinosaur dish.

While Dhaltuun talks with Roma, a trio of men walk into the tented area. They have the look of locals, one is an obese white man with a short blonde mowhawk and goatee, one is an obese light skinned black man with a messy afro and a short goatee, while the third is an average build man of arabic descent and short hair and patchy facial hair. They are all wearing camouflaged patterned clothing with a motley collection of armor pieced together from both modern materials and dinosaur hides. All of them are packing sidearms and several knives. The Mohawked man walks to the bar and loudly orders a round of drinks for the house, before making his way back with a trio of mismatched glasses. Some one can be heard yelling "Thank you Micah!"

Out on the town, Window Shopping (Chamberland Arms)
Jason, Sarik, Rufus

The group mentions their wants and the old man nods. "I do have some of those items in stock. Though not likely in the volumes you're hoping for." He says before moving off to gather several items. On the counter he places a few boxes of ammo, a bundle of arrows, and a battered milk crate with what can only be assumed to be radio accessories. "This is what I have."

On the Table/Prices
75 rounds of .45 ammo (Standard) 15 Credits per 3 rounds
30 rounds of .45 ammo (Silver) 30 Credits per 3 rounds
20 Arrows (Standard) 10 Credits each
2 Arrows (Explosive) 800 Credits each
2 refurbished Walkie-Talkies 1,500 credits each


"As for robots or that particularly odd ammo, I do not have any available. The Operator's guild buys any robots I get as soon as they become available." The old man says quietly. Rufus is sure that there is something more to it, but the man is obviously not telling. "As for the special ammo, you may try Viggo, he might be able to custom make you some."

While the group decides on their purchases another person enters the Chamberland's Arms. He is a tall fit individual wearing conventional armor with a camouflaged cloak over it. He is older with short white hair and a glorious muttonstache. He approaches the counter and sets a obviously mechanical hand gently on the glass. "You have any rail gun casings?" The asks with a deep baritone voice.

The old man nods. 'Got some in the other day, kids found a pile of them. I think I have about two hundred casings... so lets call it one hundred then."

The newcomer nods. "Seems reasonable. I'll take them." He says before really looking at the group.

"New to town?" He asks in a polite tone.

Near Camp
Two Claws

Two Claws not much for civilization, even one as small as Char, makes her rounds looking for any troubles. Her circuits getting wider and wider till she's covering almost an entire mile radius around the base camp. She is able to spot many interesting things. People living in the ruins, quietly eking out a living. She spots several groups of animals, both mammalian and dinosaurs (Scampers, they're tiny relatively harmless scavengers). She even finds several edible plants, which she harvests and places in her bags. (Feel free to add, fresh Veggies and herbs to your equipment)

During one of her circuits she spots something out of the ordinary near the camp. A trio of humans seem to be at the very least casually observing the camp. One is an tall obese white man with a long blonde hair under a billed cap and a long goatee, One is a tall rail thin white man with a stocking cap and a scraggly brown chin beard, while the third is a short white male with long blonde hair and short full beard. They are all wearing camouflaged patterned clothing with a motley collection of armor pieced together from both modern materials and dinosaur hides. All of them are packing rifles, sidearms and several knives.

Two Claws observes them for several long moments and has the following conclusion. They're locals, and they're curious about the camp. They don't seem malicious at the very least.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 9 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 3

Dexter looks up his new muscle clad friend. Scratching his beard, he then adjusts his hat. He gives his lips a quick swipe of his tongue. "A big fam, huh. Can't say me knows what dat feels like. Me is an only child. That gives me a bit of a solidarity complex. Could be part of reason me when into techo-wizardy." Dexter piles some food onto a smaller plate. Taking a few bites in between taking sips of his drink. "So, Leo, what do you do in your down time? What do you like to do for fun?" does he do anything other swing his hammer. If he doesn't, that's cool. Just not very dynamic but then I just build things. That's not exciting either.

Dexter's head turns when the one of the locks orders a round of drinks for the house. He swathes them as they take the drink to their seats. Ordering his drink before he turns back to Leo. "Me always like drinks when dey free. Me guess we should at least go say thanks." Dexter waits to receive his drink. He walks casually over to the trio of men. Raising his glass slightly, as to say look what I have. "Thanks, gents. It's much appreciated. Ya' guys celebrating anything special?" Dexter moves his glass in closer. He waits to see if anyone else will toast with him. Either way, afterwards he offers a quick "Cheers!". He pounds down his drink, taking it all at once.

Skill Rolls
Charm/Impress: 30% / 1d100 = 71 to come across as friendly and unthreatening
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 98 /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 35
Initiative: 1d20 = 14
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post


Skills -
Carpentry 89% / 1d100 = 23
Literacy: American 89% / 1d100 = 86
Cooking 64% / 1d100 = 5

POST
Dhaltuun looking like a sad puppy asks Roma a question. She shakes her head and chuckles a soft base chuckle. "Oh you want recipes... not how to cook it. That is very different. I can teach you a recipe or two, especially since you donated a decent amount of meat." Roma says going so far as to gesture to another table, this one has a bench that is likely sturdy enough to hold the giantess' weight.


Dhaltuun stands straight and beams as Roma says she will teach him a couple recipes. ”Wow!. Thank ye.” He moves to the indicated table and sits. As he waits for Roma to join him, he gently rubs the wood. ”Hmm. What are you? Pretty and able to hold her? This is new to me. I must know what you are..” ((Carpentry ))

As Roma sits, Dhaltuun stands for a moment. With a small bow of his head, he sits once she has, rolling up his sleeves as he does so. ”Thank ye, again. I am always interested in learning recipes.” He takes a moment and roots thru his vest’s pockets. Retrieving his notebook, he slides it across the table. With a wince, he looks at Roma, then at the notebook, and back at Roma. ”What am i thinking? A giant eye and my tiny notebook?” With a sheepish smile, dhaltuun puts his notebook on the table near him, then reaches don and pulls out his laptop. Opening it, he activates the holo viewer and, then opens a file of his recipes from home, spins the computer to face Roma. ”Sorry about that. I wasn’t thinking. Kinda got caught up in the moment.” His eyes flick to his laptop. ”Please take a look. I can make a copy of any you see that you may like. Us chefs got to stick together, yeah?” He adds with a heartfelt smile, and a playful glint. Not flirting, just respect for an equal.

Over the next several minutes, Dhaltuun is explained a pair of recipes specifically for dinosaur meat. One is a sausage dish that would likely take him weeks to make, but will also likely be very delicious. The other is a recipe or a more traditional smoked and bbq'd dinosaur dish.


As they talk, Dhaltuun enjoys his time talking about his passion with another who shares it. The more Roma tells him, the more questions arise. Every now and then, he holds up a finger, the universal “One minute please” gesture, as he writes in his notebook. ((Literacy: American)) ”Hold up please? How hot?? Does the type of wood matter? Can other spices or veggies be substituted?? Does it cook like chicken or more beef like?” He takes a breathe to let her respond, pen poised. ((Cooking))

Dhaltuun notices the men out of the corner of his eye. ”Hmmm. They seem to know what's up round here. I wonder if Jason will show before they leave as they may have info we can use.” With that, he goes back to listening to Roma. when the drinks are offered, he requests a flagon of beer, the biggest they got. He continues to listen, and write while sipping his beer.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:36 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 73

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 98


Dex wrote:"A big fam, huh. Can't say me knows what dat feels like. Me is an only child. That gives me a bit of a solidarity complex. Could be part of reason me when into techo-wizardy. So, Leo, what do you do in your down time? What do you like to do for fun?"


Leo polishes off his last beer. "Big family is nice to a point. Privacy is an issue with a family the size of mine. In that there isn't any. But loneliness is never an issue." He stacks his empty meat platters and moves his empty beer mugs aside, then puts his elbows on the table and folds his hands.

"As a kid, I followed Juicer sports. Loved watchin' em. Played a bit of backyard-rules murderball." He chuckles. "That's, 'hits are legal, but if anyone gets badly hurt the game's over.' And everyone has to lie about how it happened."

"Anyhow, after my dad died... I... I thought that'd be a good road for me. Went down to Los Alamo, got the whole Juicer package, and I was gonna go train for juicer football. Haven't had any real 'down time' since then, but... yeah. I'd like to catch up on the JFL, see how the teams're doing."

"My playin' days are done, though, I think. I got this hitch in my get-along," He reaches down and slaps his left thigh, "that slows me up some. Not real noticeable around regular folk, but on a gridiron it's a liability."

As the trio of newcomers enter, Leo notices them, but when one orders a round for the house, he smiles in appreciation. He stands and approaches them with Dexter, towering over the dwarf but walking well behind him. He smiles at the men. "Gentlemen. Thank you for your generosity!"

Dex wrote:"Cheers!"


Leo raises his glass at the toast, and drains it in a gulp.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Two Claws » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 61 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 62

What do we got here? Three of them? They kind of look like locals. There as armed by it I don't think their hostile. I just have to make sure this doesn't end up like with those damn dinos. I have no backup, this time. Calm and peaceful. Their most likely just curious and want a closer look.

Two Claws watches the trio a but longer before she starts to approach. Moving slowly and quietly as she notched an arrow but doesn't draw. Once she moves in closer, she begins to speak. Two Claws manages to produce a smile

"Good day to you. What brings you three out here? You look like you can survive out here. Do you have suggestions on what to avoid, other than the things with claws and teeth?"

There, now that didn't seem too threatening. I even gave them a smile. Now we wait and see what they do.

Two Claws uses Telepathy (4) to see if she can catch the one speaking in a lie

Invoke Trust/Intimidate 1d100 = 12 - 20% / to invoke trust
Prowl 1d100 = 82 - 54% / to approach quietly and not threatening
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 69 - 57% / can't be too cautious, it might be a trap.
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 16 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 47

Consumer wrote:The group mentions their wants and the old man nods. "I do have some of those items in stock. Though not likely in the volumes you're hoping for." He says before moving off to gather several items. On the counter he places a few boxes of ammo, a bundle of arrows, and a battered milk crate with what can only be assumed to be radio accessories. "This is what I have."


Jason gives Sarik first access to the ammo while he looks at the two radios. hmm..not exactly what I need, oh well, there are other shops. "Thank you, sir, but unfortunately the radios won't satisfy our requirements. " Jason casually looks around the rest of the shop while Rufus and Sarik complete their business.

Jason looks on with interest as the newcomer enters and speaks with the old man.

Consumer wrote:The old man nods. 'Got some in the other day, kids found a pile of them. I think I have about two hundred casings... so lets call it one hundred then."


Kids found a pile of 200 shell casings? That must have been an extended fight. It might be worth checking up on.

Consumer wrote:"New to town?" He asks in a polite tone.


Jason approaches the newcomer. "Relatively, we are doing some exploring in the area. I'm Jason Long. Have you lived in the area for a while?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:32 pm

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 63
JIC: 1d100 = 40 1d20 = 3

Sarik would glance to Jason as he gets somewhat distracted by the recent arrival, before turning his attention back to the shop keep "Ah yes, will talk to that one then perhaps about tools." He'd respond "Have you raw silver? Bars? Coin? Cross? Other thing of silver? I can melt, make more bullets." he'd try to explain "Also will take all these." he'd add, motioning to the ammunition and the arrows. Once paid for, he'd divvy up the silver ammunition in half, offering15 of the silver rounds to Jason. "Gift. For the help." he'd try to explain. Being at least somewhat insistent that Jason take at least -some- of the silver ammo. Turning his attention back to the shop keep "Oh, could also use primers, casings, powder if you have them. If not, that is okay. I will check the other shops." Well, some ammunition is better than none at all, and those explosive arrows can come in handy too. Besides, I still have the swords at least...

Availability Rolls:
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 88
Barter 36% 1d100 = 33

Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 52
Barter 36% 1d100 = 55
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 12:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


Out on the Town, Bar Crawl Two: Electric Boogaloo
Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

Dexter Portlywright wrote:"Me always like drinks when dey free. Me guess we should at least go say thanks." Dexter waits to receive his drink. He walks casually over to the trio of men. Raising his glass slightly, as to say look what I have. "Thanks, gents. It's much appreciated. Ya' guys celebrating anything special?" Dexter moves his glass in closer. He waits to see if anyone else will toast with him. Either way, afterwards he offers a quick "Cheers!". He pounds down his drink, taking it all at once.


Leo wrote:As the trio of newcomers enter, Leo notices them, but when one orders a round for the house, he smiles in appreciation. He stands and approaches them with Dexter, towering over the dwarf but walking well behind him. He smiles at the men. "Gentlemen. Thank you for your generosity!"


The large man nods. before walking over to the groups table. "Howdy folks. You look like some right scrappers. Not like these other mud farmers." The man says waving a hand at the other folk under the canopy. "What are ya'll down here doing? You're definitely not locals... Oh I'm Micah Caslow, those two over there are Mitch Caslow, and George Caslow." Micah says with a smile. "Mind if we join you?" Micah asks while motioning with his beer.

Out on the town, Bar Crawl two: electric boogaloo

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Hold up please? How hot?? Does the type of wood matter? Can other spices or veggies be substituted?? Does it cook like chicken or more beef like?” He takes a breathe to let her respond, pen poised.


Roma looks at Dhaltuun, he's unsure if she's smiling or thinking about eating him. "Use Hardwood, and burn it hot. Needs to be able to burn for days." She answers Dhaltuun about heat and wood, before continuing. "If you want, this is how I make it. Cooking isn't magic, it can be loose and messy." Roma says before drinking deeply from a jug of burgundy liquid. "It tastes like dinosaur! Have you ever had to cook a chicken for three days?" Roma says with a bit of an annoyed look. "Do you need more, or can I get back to work?" Roma asks.

Out on the town, Window Shopping (Chamberland Arms)
Jason, Sarik, Rufus

Jason Long wrote:"Thank you, sir, but unfortunately the radios won't satisfy our requirements. "


Old man Chamberland shrugs. "No worries sir." He says is a wizened voice.

Sarik wrote:"Ah yes, will talk to that one then perhaps about tools." He'd respond "Have you raw silver? Bars? Coin? Cross? Other thing of silver? I can melt, make more bullets." he'd try to explain "Also will take all these." he'd add, motioning to the ammunition and the arrows.


Old man Chamberland nods. "I do not actually. This is the extent of my silver good sir. Very good on your purchase." He says with a smile.

Sarik wrote:"Gift. For the help." he'd try to explain. Being at least somewhat insistent that Jason take at least -some- of the silver ammo. Turning his attention back to the shop keep "Oh, could also use primers, casings, powder if you have them. If not, that is okay. I will check the other shops."


Old man Chamberland shakes his head. "I actually don't have them. I was cleared out recently. Sorry about that." He says with a frown.

Jason Long wrote:"Relatively, we are doing some exploring in the area. I'm Jason Long. Have you lived in the area for a while?"


"Matthew Rogal." The man says offering his hand. "I've been here for a few months, I'm originally from Mechanicsburg. I'm currently doing a job for the locals here, though between you and I, I would have done this one for much less than what they offered." Matthew says conspiratorially. "Just you three or are you part of an outfit?"

Near Camp
Two Claws

Skills
Prowl (To approach quietly and not threatening.): Two Claws thinks she's doing just what she planned.
Detect Ambush (Can't be too cautious, it might be a trap.): Could be, but it is a very strange trap if it is.


Two Claws tries to walk in such a way to remain quiet, and non-threatening, the trio watch her approach and start chuckling among themselves. Two Claws hears the large man say. "Standing up in a canoe" Which causes another round of laughter.

Two Claws wrote:"Good day to you. What brings you three out here? You look like you can survive out here. Do you have suggestions on what to avoid, other than the things with claws and teeth?"


The large man smiles broadly. "We're cool, just looking at the big ass robot that rolled into town. Seems to happen once in a while, at least nowadays." The man says before continuing.

"Yeah, we can survive out here. That's about the gist of it, the critters are the second biggest threat out there. The first if the people, gotta keep yourself on a swivel most days." The man says.

"Sorry, I'm Phil, these are my brothers Drew and Scott, You are?" Phil says to Two Claws.

Telepathy
Two Claws telepathy picks up the following thoughts. Hmmm... I wonder what tribe she is? Not local, maybe Cherokee or Chocktaw... Definitely not Apache. Is one of the initial thoughts he has. She isn't good with people, reminds me of Scott. Pretty sure they'll get along. He thinks while listening to Two Claws talk.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 52 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 64

Micah wrote:"What are ya'll down here doing? You're definitely not locals... Oh I'm Micah Caslow, those two over there are Mitch Caslow, and George Caslow." Micah says with a smile. "Mind if we join you?" Micah asks while motioning with his beer.


"Oh, us? We be just escort'n some professor and an archaeological expedition. Now we be have'n a little fun in between sites. Ah, you be family? Nice ta meet ya. Me don't mind if ya join." Dexter turns and looks up a Leo. You don't mind, do ya buddy?" He waits for Leo to respond. He dosent seem like a guy who would turn down some company. Beside maybe we can get a little info out of 'em. Jus get their pallets wet and most people start talking. Just got to keep it friendly. "Me name is Dexter and me friend is Leo and the one talking to the cook is Dhaltunn. So what's the special occasion?" Dexter will try and keep up the conversation and see if that have any information that might be helpful. "What do you folks do fer a liv'in? Any particular place we should avoid in these parts? Any place we should go and see?" Dexter will order another round of drinks when everyone's glass get close to empty.

Skill Rolls
Charm/Impress: 30% / 1d100 = 62 to come across as friendly and try to get some information
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 10 /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 96
Initiative: 1d20 = 13
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post


Skills -


POST
consumer wrote:Roma looks at Dhaltuun, he's unsure if she's smiling or thinking about eating him. "Use Hardwood, and burn it hot. Needs to be able to burn for days." She answers Dhaltuun about heat and wood, before continuing. "If you want, this is how I make it. Cooking isn't magic, it can be loose and messy." Roma says before drinking deeply from a jug of burgundy liquid. "It tastes like dinosaur! Have you ever had to cook a chicken for three days?" Roma says with a bit of an annoyed look. "Do you need more, or can I get back to work?" Roma asks.


Dhaltuun looks up from his notes. ”Oh!! Yeah, sorry. Please?” he stands and and waves his hand in the motion of “Go ahead”. ’i thank ye for yer time, lass. I will remember you every time I cook these. I am honored by your sharing of your knowledge.” ((Charm 0%))

He puts his stuff away, except for his notebook. He keeps looking at it as he returns to the table. ”Hey guys.’ That is when he notices the newcomers at the table. ”Hi, Me name be dhaltuun. Welcome to our table. Who ye be?” He takes a sip of his beer as he awaits and answer. Otherwise, he just listens to the convo.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 90

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 61

Micah Caslow wrote:"Howdy folks. You look like some right scrappers. Not like these other mud farmers. What are ya'll down here doing? You're definitely not locals... Oh I'm Micah Caslow, those two over there are Mitch Caslow, and George Caslow. Mind if we join you?"


Leo notes that the three men of differing ethnicities share a common last name, but remains untroubled. Folks find family where they will.

Dhal wrote:"Oh, us? We be just escort'n some professor and an archaeological expedition. Now we be have'n a little fun in between sites. Ah, you be family? Nice ta meet ya. Me don't mind if ya join. You don't mind, do ya buddy?"


Leo smiles. "The more, the merrier." He takes a seat with the group, settling slowly into the chair as it creaks.

Dhal wrote:"What do you folks do fer a liv'in? Any particular place we should avoid in these parts? Any place we should go and see?"


Leo listens earnestly to their answers. They seem a cordial bunch. Good to see a family, even out here. They don't have the look of hardened soldiers... patchwork gear says 'survival' to me. Add to that the dino-hide they're wearing and it says they're locals, to me.

At a convenient lull in the conversation, Leo pipes up. "Hey... if you're locals... what can you tell me about the big woman?" He cuts his eyes toward Roma. "Is she single? Up for a good time?"
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:24 am

Perception: 1d100 = 6 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 60

Consumer wrote:"Matthew Rogal." The man says offering his hand. "I've been here for a few months, I'm originally from Mechanicsburg. I'm currently doing a job for the locals here, though between you and I, I would have done this one for much less than what they offered." Matthew says conspiratorially. "Just you three or are you part of an outfit?"


Jason takes the proffered hand. "We're with the Templar, out of MercTown. " Jason nods to the bag of shell casings "It looks like you've seen some action with your job with the locals. Is it anything that we should know about? We are going to be doing research in the wilderness in various places outside of town. If there is a threat out there, I'd like to know about it. "

When Jason takes Rogal's hand, he looks Rogal in the eye. While they are chatting, Jason makes cautious glances at Rogal's gear and equipment. He looks to see if it is well used and cared for, the way a professional would keep it, or more carelessly treated.

((Recognize Weapon Quality--77% / 1d100 = 68 checking over Rogal's equipment))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Two Claws » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:34 am

Perception : 1d100 = 82 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 52


Consumer wrote:"Yeah, we can survive out here. That's about the gist of it, the critters are the second biggest threat out there. The first if the people, gotta keep yourself on a swivel most days." The man says.

"Sorry, I'm Phil, these are my brothers Drew and Scott, You are?" Phil says to Two Claws.


Two Claws give the trio a long hard stare. She eventually eases and produces a smile.

"Hmmm. Well, my name is Two Claws. It's always nice to see family together. So big robots have shown up before. Do you know any of the reasons why they were out here? I mean, if not, I could understand. If they were out here for the same reason, then there might not be a point for us to be here. Say are you guys huntsman or are you guys on patrol? Maybe something else entirely?"

Two Claws with an eye of curiosity. Waiting patiently for several long moments. She stands like a stone. Only her eyes moving with a slight head twist, here and there.

At least they seem friendly enough. For now that is. Most of them are two-faced. I'll play nice for now but if they get too frisky then the claws are coming out.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate 1d100 = 16 - 20% / to invoke trust
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 82 - 57% / can't be too cautious.
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:22 am

( Rolls Carried Over )
Leo wrote:"Hey... if you're locals... what can you tell me about the big woman?" He cuts his eyes toward Roma. "Is she single? Up for a good time?"

Dexter spins around to take a look in the direction of where Leo is eyeing. Turning back around he has a big grin. "Well me lad, got her eye on sumting dat sparkles, huh? Me say go for it. You only live once, right? One bit o' advice, just be yer'self. Dont fake it. It look like you might have an in with Dhaltunn over dare. He looks a bit chummy with her." Dexter gives Leo a nudge of his head towards where Dhaltun is trying to learn how to cook the local cuisine.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:40 am

(Rolls carried over)

Dexter wrote:"Well me lad, got her eye on sumting dat sparkles, huh? Me say go for it. You only live once, right? One bit o' advice, just be yer'self. Dont fake it. It look like you might have an in with Dhaltunn over dare. He looks a bit chummy with her."


Leo smiles, a bit of twinkle in his eyes. He looks over at Roma, explaining her dino-meat cooking techniques to the Templar's chef. Not put off in the least by her cyclopean nature. She's large, to be sure... and that's a good thing. I'm worried what I might do to an ordinary gal at my size. And if she's up for a good time, then that'd be fine.

His face reddens as he realizes he's not had that kind of companionship since before becoming a juicer, nor during any of his tenure as a sploog slave.

Might be a bit rusty.

He looks back at Dex. "I might give it a bit... don't wanna interrupt Dhal's cooking lesson."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 88 1d20 = 2

Consumer wrote:Old man Chamberland shakes his head. "I actually don't have them. I was cleared out recently. Sorry about that." He says with a frown.


"Unfortunate. But thank you none the less." Sarik would cordially respond to the man before deciding to go check out Viggo's Firearms next. He was looking for ammunition or things to make ammunition with, so a firearms shop seemed a likely next candidate. The Pantheran would explain to the others where he was going next since Jason and the others seemed interested in talking to the other individual who had come to do a bit of shopping. Sarik wasn't really up to date on enough to really add anything meaningful to that particular conversation. So off he went in search of ammo or things to make his own! I really need to find some basic reloading gear... Once in the next shop he'd start by browsing around, seeing if he couldn't find any more .45 ammo that would fit his revolver, brass casings and primers of appropriate size along with gun powder, and basic reloading tools such as bullet molds or the like. He'd keep an eye out for potential blacksmithing tools as well, since worst case, he could just fabricate some of the basic tools required for the task. Not that he expected to find anything for blacksmithing in a gun store, but who knows?

Availability Rolls:
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 65
Barter 36% 1d100 = 1

Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 42
Barter 36% 1d100 = 57
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:39 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 12:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


Out on the Town, Bar Crawl Two: Electric Boogaloo
Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

A friendly conversation ensues, between the group and the Caslow brothers. When asked about places to avoid they almost unanimously say Skinwalker's territory. If/when pressed about it, George speaks up. "He's a monster and a necromancer who rules a small kingdom of the dead south of here. He doesn't go bothering folks unless they go into his kingdom. Easy to spot too, you'll see all kind of markers surrounding his territory." The trio seems hard pressed to give an answer as to places people should go.

When Leo asks about Roma, Micah laughs. "That's one dog that won't hunt friend. She'd sooner eat you than sleep with you. So the rumors go."

Out on the town, Window Shopping (Chamberland Arms)
Jason and Rufus

While Rufus quietly peruses the shelves and boxes, Sarik excuses himself to go to the next shop. Jason and Matthew continue to converse.

Jason Long wrote:"We're with the Templar, out of MercTown. " Jason nods to the bag of shell casings "It looks like you've seen some action with your job with the locals. Is it anything that we should know about? We are going to be doing research in the wilderness in various places outside of town. If there is a threat out there, I'd like to know about it. "


Matthew Rogal nods. "Lived in Merctown for a spell, but too much city for my liking. [b]"As for action, not so much at the moment." Matthew says as he hoists the bag of shell casings up a little. "These are for the Caslow brothers, they pack their own special kind of rail gun round. something about secret dino killing formula or some such nonsense. I personally think they're just being cheap about it."

Matthew looks to Jason. "Seems to be the trend as of late, a year back apparently a big expedition made it's way through here heading to the southern coast. As for threats, it's a wild land man, all manner of things can go wrong. It would take me a week to barely scratch the surface. Though I suppose I could ask if you've come across any mutilated bodies as of late? Seems there is some manner of beast out their killing the townsfolk." Matthew says a kind of serious look in his eye.

Appraisal of Matthew Rogal's Gear
At the moment he is lightly armed and armored, with a suit of modified plastic-man and a NG-super holstered on his hip. All of his equipment seems well maintained and clean of the grime that tends to build up in the dinosaur swamp.


Out on the town, Window Shopping (Viggo's Firearms)
Sarik

Sarik approaches Viggo's Firearms and is surprised to see a small antiquated building with a rustic charm about it. A wooden placard that reads Viggo's Firearms rests above a worn wooden door. Entering the building is like traveling back in time, glass and wood display cases hold a assorted collection of pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns. Shelves behind the counter hold boxes of ammunition, and other gun care accessories. A middle aged man with a widow peak of dark thinning hair sits at a table behind the counter a few tools in hand working on some manner of revolver. Sarik's arrival causes him to pause and look up. "Ah a customer."

Sarik makes known what he is looking for and Viggo nods. "I think I have most of that. Is that forty-five long colt or forty-five acp? I do have both in stock, all hand loaded by myself or one of my apprentices."

Sarik's eye for the artistic sees wondrous carvings and filigree on a great deal of the firearms in the room.

OOC Comments
How much ammo are you looking for, and he can set you up with basic reloading tools and supplies, I just need a concept of how much your looking to spend.


Near Camp
Two Claws

Two Claws wrote:"Hmmm. Well, my name is Two Claws. It's always nice to see family together. So big robots have shown up before. Do you know any of the reasons why they were out here? I mean, if not, I could understand. If they were out here for the same reason, then there might not be a point for us to be here. Say are you guys huntsman or are you guys on patrol? Maybe something else entirely?"


Phil shrugs. "No secret about it, they said they were some expedition from Lazlo, heading down south. That was about a year ago or so I guess." Phil says with a look of concentration as if he's trying real hard to remember correctly.

The trio chuckle at the second question. "Yeah we're hunters. Mostly Dinosaurs, but occasionally other stuff. Right now we're looking to see if there are any disturbances around here, some critter has been killing folk in the night last few weeks. The council has finally decided to hire us to look into it. You notice anything strange as of late?" Phil asks.

Scott and Drew seem content to keeping quiet, but watchful eyes on the surroundings.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:10 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 9

JIC: 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 94


Leo pays attention when the locals start talking about the Skinwalker.

George wrote:"He's a monster and a necromancer who rules a small kingdom of the dead south of here. He doesn't go bothering folks unless they go into his kingdom. Easy to spot too, you'll see all kind of markers surrounding his territory."


He looks meaningfully at Dex and Dhaltuun. That's... very good information to have. Thank you." We should share this with Jason. I know the Templar already have a mission, but it's good information to have, at a minimum.

Micah wrote:"That's one dog that won't hunt friend. She'd sooner eat you than sleep with you. So the rumors go."


Leo looks a bit disappointed. Well... if she don't wanna be bothered, then I shouldn't bother her... but I should at least hear it from her, rather than the rumor mill.

He raises his glass in thanks. "Also good information to have."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:08 am

Consumer wrote:Out on the town, Window Shopping (Viggo's Firearms)
Sarik

Sarik approaches Viggo's Firearms and is surprised to see a small antiquated building with a rustic charm about it. A wooden placard that reads Viggo's Firearms rests above a worn wooden door. Entering the building is like traveling back in time, glass and wood display cases hold a assorted collection of pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns. Shelves behind the counter hold boxes of ammunition, and other gun care accessories. A middle aged man with a widow peak of dark thinning hair sits at a table behind the counter a few tools in hand working on some manner of revolver. Sarik's arrival causes him to pause and look up. "Ah a customer."

Sarik makes known what he is looking for and Viggo nods. "I think I have most of that. Is that forty-five long colt or forty-five acp? I do have both in stock, all hand loaded by myself or one of my apprentices."

Sarik's eye for the artistic sees wondrous carvings and filigree on a great deal of the firearms in the room.

OOC Comments
How much ammo are you looking for, and he can set you up with basic reloading tools and supplies, I just need a concept of how much your looking to spend.



Perception 40%: 1d100 = 57
JIC: 1d100 = 44 1d20 = 2

To barter for pricing:
Barter 36% 1d100 = 4
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 92

To assess items and converse knowledgeably with the shop keeper on a variety of subjects related to the items being sold as well as to assess the amount of work and care put into each item or generally just get some ideas for future projects or improvements he can make to his own designs.
Blacksmith 52% 1d100 = 76
Whittling & Sculpting: 57% 1d100 = 72
Calligraphy: 72% 1d100 = 67
Art (Professional): 72% 1d100 = 36
Leather Working 82% 1d100 = 69
Field Armourer & Munitions Expert 72% 1d100 = 60

"Oh, uh, I believe it's called long colt?" He'd ask a little questioningly, pulling out one of the specific rounds for the TW revolvers to show the man, though it was clear at this point much of his focus was on the carvings and filigree more so than the firearms themselves as he'd peer at each in turn, admiring the craftsmanship. "I"m mostly looking for silver rounds if you have them, or even raw silver." he'd continue by way of explanation as he looked. "I'm hoping to perhaps get some bullet molds and relevant reloading supplies as well if possible. Of course I need things that are relatively portable, but it would be useful to be able to reload my own shells. I tend to specialize in dealing with supernatural threats, so sometimes one needs specialized munitions for such tasks." a pause as he'd point to one particular piece that caught his eye "This is some fantastic work you have here." he'd note. "You and your apprentices do all the work?" he'd curiously inquire, deciding to spend a bit of time picking over the man's brain as it were. After all, he was an artist and crafter himself. It was a passion of his really. The rest was just... necessity. While he was at it, he'd also see if perhaps he could either get ammo suitable for the stomper machine pistol, or suitable supplies to make some of his own ammunition for it as well.

Overall, the Pantheran would assign up to 90,000 credits towards purchases in this shop since it appeared to have many of the kinds of things he was interested in and likely had good quality tools. Past that he'd keep an eye out for anything that might especially stand out among the wares present.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 76

Consumer wrote:Matthew looks to Jason. "Seems to be the trend as of late, a year back apparently a big expedition made it's way through here heading to the southern coast. As for threats, it's a wild land man, all manner of things can go wrong. It would take me a week to barely scratch the surface. Though I suppose I could ask if you've come across any mutilated bodies as of late? Seems there is some manner of beast out their killing the townsfolk." Matthew says a kind of serious look in his eye.


Jason thinks for a moment before replying. "I don't know about a specific beast. We ran into a Raptor King who claimed the territory was his. He demanded tribute and then commanded a group of raptors and allosaurs to attack us when we refused. I don't know exactly the boundaries of his 'territory'. We never got around to discussing it. " Jason pulls out a map and shows Matthew where they ran into the Raptor King. "This is where we encountered him. Have the people been getting killed on that side?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Two Claws » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:39 am

Perception : 1d100 = 99 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 36


Phil wrote:"Yeah we're hunters. Mostly Dinosaurs, but occasionally other stuff. Right now we're looking to see if there are any disturbances around here, some critter has been killing folk in the night last few weeks. The council has finally decided to hire us to look into it. You notice anything strange as of late?"


Two Claws remains silent and stoic. Her expressions unchanging as she speaks.

"Something beens killing the locals? That dose not sound good at all. How are these people been dying? Any identifiable Mark's on the bodies?"

Two Claws waits for a response from any of the men. She will listen to their answer. If they describe anything with sharp teeth or claw Mark's she will inform them of the encounter with the Raptor King and other dinosaurs. She will freely give them any information, about the Raptor King, they want but keep anything about the two newcomers a secret. If what they describe is something else, than she will add.

Well, look like you have a bit of a problem on your hands then. Sounds like a decent challenge. You guys need a little help in track the critter down? I can even help you take it down, too."

Two Claws skiles st the trio as she waits for an answer.
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 36

Dexter frowns when he hears the words of a necromancer. Making it clear for his disdain for likes body defiliers. "Yeah, me plan on staying away from him and his place, then. Sounds like me should avoid her, too, but she gives me drinks. Thanks fer da bit o' info, should come in handy." A necromancer huh. Normally me would steer clear of them but maybe he's got sum gems me could alleviate from him. Plus we would be doing the local area a favor. Might want to run it by da boss, see what he thinks.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 12:20 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


Out on the Town, Bar Crawl Two: Electric Boogaloo
Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

The trio continues talking and drinking with the Caslow brothers. Drinks are bought in rounds and a good time is had by all.


Out on the town, Window Shopping (Chamberland Arms)
Jason and Rufus

Jason Long wrote:"I don't know about a specific beast. We ran into a Raptor King who claimed the territory was his. He demanded tribute and then commanded a group of raptors and allosaurs to attack us when we refused. I don't know exactly the boundaries of his 'territory'. We never got around to discussing it."


Matthew laughs a little bit. "Sounds like a battle hard fought. Raptor Kings are thankfully rare around here. His territory is likely a patch of land two to three miles in diameter, or just wherever he happens to be at the moment." Matthew says jovially.


Jason Long wrote:"This is where we encountered him. Have the people been getting killed on that side?"


Matthew looks at the map and nods. "That's about fifty or so miles away, likely not the thing we're looking for. The creature we're hunting seems to be more canine than dinosaur." He says, not even looking at Rufus. Matthew looks like he's going to say something else when he pauses and hold up a finger. "Excuse me one moment."

Matthew steps away about ten feet and likely triggers a radio implant. "Sounds good, lets meet up with your brothers at Roma's to discuss." Matthew says before walking back to Jason and Rufus.

"Well business calls it seems, if you'd like to join in the hunt, please feel free to join me at Roma's. Apparently one of my local hunters met someone who can help." Matthew says before heading out.

Out on the town, Window Shopping (Viggo's Firearms)
Sarik

Skill Note
Sarik is certain this guy is on a level he wishes to be at. While he's uncertain of how he designs his guns, he does get a good feel for how he decorates them.


Sarik wrote:"Oh, uh, I believe it's called long colt?" He'd ask a little questioningly, pulling out one of the specific rounds for the TW revolvers to show the man, though it was clear at this point much of his focus was on the carvings and filigree more so than the firearms themselves as he'd peer at each in turn, admiring the craftsmanship. "I"m mostly looking for silver rounds if you have them, or even raw silver."


Viggo takes the pistol and looks it over. "Yes forty-five long colt. almost a rifle round, was found to be a rather infeasible ammo after a while." Viggo says as he hands the gun back to Sarik. "I have some silver ammo, in forty-five long colt. A box of twenty. I do not have any silver to spare though, what I have is for orders already paid for." Viggo says.

Sarik wrote:"I'm hoping to perhaps get some bullet molds and relevant reloading supplies as well if possible. Of course I need things that are relatively portable, but it would be useful to be able to reload my own shells. I tend to specialize in dealing with supernatural threats, so sometimes one needs specialized munitions for such tasks." a pause as he'd point to one particular piece that caught his eye "This is some fantastic work you have here."


Viggo cocks his head to the side and smirks. "Normally I wouldn't sell off tools, but I do happen to have a spare set that I could be convinced to sell. It's primitive as some would say, really only good for soft lead and silver rounds, as for portable... It's mostly portable, I would guess the whole kit weighs twenty or so pounds." The man says as he looks to where Sarik is looking.

Sarik wrote:"You and your apprentices do all the work?"


Viggo shakes his head. "I do most of the actual gunsmithing while they do they do the engravings and load ammo." Viggo says.

Shop Costs
Box of 20 .45 Long Colt (silver) 300 credits.
Ammo Reloading Kit (Portable) 5,000 credits.
Ammo Reloading supplies (good for 100 Standard bullets): 100 credits.


Near Camp
Two Claws

Two Claws wrote:"Something beens killing the locals? That dose not sound good at all. How are these people been dying? Any identifiable Mark's on the bodies?"


Phil stokes his goatee as he tries to remember the detail, when Drew speaks up. "Claw and bite marks, hearts eaten from the chests, usually singular individuals, but ocasionaly groups of lesser armed folk." Drew says and Phil nods.

"Leaves canine tracks, but I think it's bipedal, only going to fours to pounce." Says the gangly looking man named Scott.

Two Claws wrote:Well, look like you have a bit of a problem on your hands then. Sounds like a decent challenge. You guys need a little help in track the critter down? I can even help you take it down, too."


"That would be up to the boss man, we're just hired muscle really. I personally don't see an issue with it, more the merrier and all that." Phil says as Scott uses a radio strapped to his gear. "Rogal, we've got someone who may be able to help."

Scott nods before looking to Two Claws. "If you want I guess we're having a meeting at Roma's."
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:13 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 52

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 14

Leo continues carousing, eating and drinking prodigiously as he, Dex, and Dhal talk with their new friends.

His eyes stray over to Roma from time to time, but he maintains his composure and good behavior. Maybe another time. Maybe... another woman.

He tries not to think of the three years he spent as a slave. Some slaves were assigned as breeding stock - due to impressive genetics or some other inheritable trait, and were forced to provide children to their masters. Some slaves were marked as not genetically viable - like a juicer such as himself - his offspring would be perfectly ordinary, and therefore, of little value to the sploog. Some slaves were marked for sterilization - too dangerous to be allowed to breed. Some slaves were bought and sold only for sexual purposes, which Leo shuddered to consider. Leo was not sure which was worse. He would not have enjoyed being forced to breed for a slavemaster, or to try to pleasure one. Nor did he enjoy the enforced chastity. He did find himself thankful they did not sterilize him.

Now that he is free, however, the three long years of loneliness are taking their toll.

Having been alone in his head for too long, Leo again turns to his refuge - other people. "So... what passes for music in this town? I haven't heard an honest-to-god SONG in forever!"
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8/72%
JIC: 1d100 = 47/1d20 = 8

Consumer wrote:"As for robots or that particularly odd ammo, I do not have any available. The Operator's guild buys any robots I get as soon as they become available." The old man says quietly. Rufus is sure that there is something more to it, but the man is obviously not telling.

Jason Long wrote:"Thank you, sir, but unfortunately the radios won't satisfy our requirements."


Old man Chamberland shrugs. "No worries sir." He says is a wizened voice.


Rufus nods with a grin. "Hvala vam, sir. I figured it was a long shot at best, but asking never hurts. Thanks for the info though." Note to self -- talk to Bharb and Bob about upping security. Suddenly I have this sneaking suspicion that someone's already got designs on our bots 'becoming available' in the near future.

Rufus listens to Matthew's description as he peruses the shelves and boxes (such as it is) regarding what's been killing people. "Canine, eh?" he rubs his chin. "Sounds vaguely like Uncle Cato's 'fleas-for-brains' cousin Nero. But last we heard, he had been chewed up by a dragon after having been exiled. So it's most likely not him." He thinks back over his studies, trying to identify what kinds of creatures their quarry might could be.

Skill Checks
Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100 = 37/67% (in case the perp is a D-bee)
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 72/77% (in case the perp is a demon or monster)
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100 = 83/67% (in case the perp is either one of those)
Mythology -- 1d100 = 81/57% (in case there are any myths/legends that talk about something doggy-esque that rips people open)
Zoology -- 1d100 = 29/72% (in case the perp is a critter)


When Matthew turns away and taps his obvious implant, Rufus nudges Jason. "Ever thought about that? We mages can't get 'em -- they scramble our magic -- but that shouldn't be an issue with you."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 50

Leo wrote:"So... what passes for music in this town? I haven't heard an honest-to-god SONG in forever!"


Mw would have never taken him for the music love'n type. Got sa'prizes round every corner, this one does. Unpredictability. Me like it. Dexter takes off his hat and scratches his head. Putting it back on, he takes a moment to adjust and make it comfortable. Dexter waits for any of the locals to answer, then he will ad a few cents to the pile. "Ya know, me always had a thing fer sumting called jazz. Ever heard of it? Me preallying like da swing style." Dexter starts bobbing his head, as if he hears mucus in the background. He then starts to snap his fingers. "It dont mean a ding if ain't got dat swing. Du wap, du wap, du wap." It dont mean a ding if ain't got dat swing. Du wap, du wap, du wap.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d100 = 1 1d20 = 5

To try and find items/tools:
Barter 36% 1d100 = 45
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 24
Invoke Trust: 30% 1d100 = 60

Sarik would spend a little more time just chatting with the shop keep since he'd found a sort of kindred interest. However, once that was done and the shopkeep was paid for the wares, he'd head on off to Stump's SteelTree Forge and Wares with plans to continue on after that to Scraptown Salvage and Paradigm's Techno-Wizardry. Once at the Stump's Forge, he'd poke his nose about for wares to try and see if he can't find any raw silver, and then inquire about purchasing spare blacksmiths tools that the smith or apprentices might be interested in parting with, and that could reasonably be transported by the party to Merctown. Beyond that he'd see if there was anything else of interest, uncertain of what exactly he would find here.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Two Claws » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 63 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 87

Scott wrote:"Leaves canine tracks, but I think it's bipedal, only going to fours to pounce."


Canine?! Definitely not the Raptor King and his ilk. Good thing it's a canine and not a feline. Else they might think it's me, if they knew I could change.Wonder what then. Is it local? Of this world? Sounds like a good challenge.

Two Claws tilts her head as she listens to the trio's recount of the beast. Her curiosity pips when its hunting habits are mentioned.

"Canine tracks, huh? Definitely not what I was expecting. From my experience, it's usually a lone wolf type, cuz most canines only attack humans if threatened or defending. Then again, it might only have feet with a different torso."

Scott wrote:"If you want I guess we're having a meeting at Roma's."


Great. Back into town. I thought they were looking for an animal. It sure ain't going to be back there.

"Sure, whatever you guys need to do first. Just lead the way. Might give me a chance to let my friends know where I'm headed."

Lore: Cattle & Animals 1d100 = 87 - 62% / to determine what kind of animal they are describing
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 7 - 62% / to determine what kind of creature they are describing
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Next

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron