A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:51 pm

The morning is relatively peaceful, although it's approximately eighty-five degrees with seventy to eighty percent humidity. Most of the team isn't what one could call hungry, which opens up a lot of second helpings of breakfast for Leo. Professor Bharb has a quick meeting with his team and they go off to clean, analyze, and notate the findings from the dig. Once he has them moving, he approaches the Templar and has what can only be described as a informal meeting, near the fire pit.

"Well the last few days were interesting, and I did gather some artifacts from the site. So that's good. I think You and yours should be able to roam the town for a day or two and maybe we can scrounge up another location that's within our capabilities." Professor Bharb says with a smile. (Those who passed their Perception Checks, can tell Professor Bharb is a bit shakenfrom the last few days and is mulling over his plans. ~Consumer)

Dhaltuun
Dhaltuun talks with his newest minion who's kept himself busy for the past few days, cleaning the Behemoth.

Dhaltuun wrote:"You my friend. You have been here in the region for awhile. Any idea on how to cook dino meat?"

Vladamir nods slowly. "I know how to, but I can tell you that this mobile kitchen isn't set up to do it without some major changes. Unless you want to brine the meat for the next week and a half or so, to break down the proteins in the meat a bit. Because the other methods require a lot of heat or cooking it buried in the ground for three to four days." Vladamir says with a strange inflection to his voice.

So the group has two days to do as they please, I suggest it involves visiting locations in Char or its surrounding environs.

Char in a Nutshell
Char
Estimated Population: 8.450 permanent residents.
Racial Breakdown:
48% Human (Non-Mutant Barbarians)
25% Mutants/Barbarians.
18% D-Bees.
5% Mutant Animals.
4% Other.
Average Transient Population: 1,900, mostly explorers, hunters, wilderness scouts, and native tribal barbarians.
Tech Level: Low to non-existent on average, however some individuals range up to High-Tech/Modern and Magic.
Surrounding Communities (100 mile radius): 2,000, and that number may be an exaggeration. Exact numbers are hard to come by, and many are migratory. 65% human, mutants and barbarians with low-tech, natural weapons.

Notable Places & Features
Information will be added as the players discover these locations.
Roma's A permanent fixture in the city and the go to watering hole.
Lukais Cybernetics
Pieces & Parts Augmentation
Skullbald's Prosthetic
The Greater Heart Clinic
Stamm Medical Center
Wayside Inn
Night's Rest Inn
Bearcat's Stable
Chamberland's Arms and Armor
Viggo's Firearms
The Guild Temple
Scraptown Salvage
Paradigm's Techno-Wizardry
Stump's SteelTree Forge and Wares
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:46 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 44

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 10

Leo spent the night largely pacing the grounds and looking for trouble, though he did manage to get an hour or two of sleep. Come breakfast time, however, he is thoroughly rested, and he manages to put away enough food for any three people. As the group eats, he'll tell any who finish before he does to leave their dishes and he'll manage them.

After dinner, he cleans each dish thoroughly and puts them away, before deciding to visit the town of Char.

This town is a lot like home - small towns bear a lot in common, whether they're on the plains or in a swamp. You get a few people together and suddenly they become like family. Too many, and they become strangers.

To the group, he announces, "I'm gonna go have a stroll through town, maybe end up at a bar, if anyone's interested. Or if y'all got business and need a pack animal, I... I'm your huckleberry." He chuckles, adding to Sarik, "You and me are the new strangers in town... I know I can be a bit much for some folk but if you want, we can watch each other's backs."

He'll hang around a few minutes to see if anyone wants to join him or use his strong hands to carry purchases. If not, he'll wander off on his own.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
Leo

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 1

Leo wrote:"I'm gonna go have a stroll through town, maybe end up at a bar, if anyone's interested. Or if y'all got business and need a pack animal, I... I'm your huckleberry." He chuckles, adding to Sarik, "You and me are the new strangers in town... I know I can be a bit much for some folk but if you want, we can watch each other's backs."

Dexter raises an eyebrow when Leo mentions ending up at a bar. He takes a few pulls from his cigar and looks up at the muscle clad man. "If ya be goin' to a bar, den ya' can count me in. Me be always in da mood to wet me whistle. Beside not much tinkering me can do wit out a prop'er shop. Ya' never know, maybe me will find sum ding useful in town." Dexter gives a hearty laugh. "If ye give me a few minutes, me would have ike to clean up a bit, before heading off." He waits to see if anyone else would like to join to extreme duo. Before heading into town, Dexter will attempt to clear himself up proper, as best as he can. He puts back on his armor but attaches his helmet to his belt and adorns himself with his top hat. Looking at himself in the mirror, he smiles to himself. "Maybe it be time fer a new hat. Get me a fancy one but no feat'ters. Don't want to be look'n too fancy and all." Dexter says to himself before walking out and meeting up with Leo and any others that want to join in going into town.

Skill Rolls
Wardrobe & Grooming 62% / 1d100 = 92 - to make himself look more pleasing to the eye and not look like a mercenary
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Leo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:15 am

(Rolls carried over)

Dexter Portlywright wrote:"If ya be goin' to a bar, den ya' can count me in. Me be always in da mood to wet me whistle. Beside not much tinkering me can do wit out a prop'er shop. Ya' never know, maybe me will find sum ding useful in town. If ye give me a few minutes, me would have like to clean up a bit, before heading off."

Leo grins widely. "Excellent. I hate to drink alone. I mean... I will drink alone, mind you, but I prefer not to." He winks at the Dwarf, and turns to the others. "Any other takers? Sarik? Rufus? Dhal? Jessie? ...Two Claws? ... Jason? Let's make a party of it."

Leo will brush up his armor, scraping the now-dried mud off and giving it a quick polish as he waits for the others to get ready.

Dex wrote:"Maybe it be time fer a new hat. Get me a fancy one but no feat'ters. Don't want to be look'n too fancy and all."

Leo smiles. "SAME. Unfortunately, I dunno if this little hamlet has a Big and Tall shop. Or a... like... Mountainous and Vast shop. But if they do, I could use some new duds. I'm thinking... Jeans and a floral print shirt? Yeah?"
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
-5% to Prowl
Leo

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:07 am

Perception: [dice]1d100[/dice /25%
JIC: [dice]1d20[/dice] / 1d100 = 74
Initiative: 1d20 = 12
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post

Dhaltuun looks at his friend in astonishment. ”You mean, you actually know what to do? Great!! What do I need to do?” He will then spend the early evening talking with Vladimir, handy journal in hand. ”This is great stuff. Recipe ideas, and new ways to work with meat. He is a font of knowledge.” dhaltuun looks at Vladimir fondly, as if seeing a long lost friend for the first time after long apart. ”I am very glad I made your acquaintance, my new friend. We will do great things, I am sure of it.” ’Blessed be is Njord to have sent a great friend and teacher.” Dhaltuun then closes his eyes for a moment, and bows his head in thanks. ”Thank ye lord for sending Jessie to protect and teach my physical self. Thank ye lord for sending Vladimir to protect and teach my mental self. Now please bless me again with a loyal mount and protector. My buggy can't go everywhere.” He raises his head and opens his eyes. With a nod, Dhaltuun look towards the dinner waiting with a raised eyebrow. As if to say “shall we?”. He heads over and sits at the table. Dhaltuun enjoys his helping as does Jessie and Vladimir. Dhaltuun just sits and eats. [i]’This is nice. I miss this. This was a typical weekend for me and mine. We would gather for a meal and some drinks, just to enjoy the company of friends and teammates. He makes a decision. He bangs the tasble and stands up holding his beer stein aloft. ”TOAST!!” a slight cleasring of the throat. ’My friends, This has been quite the day, no? *Smile* But we prevailed and returned the victors. To the victors go the spoils!! Even if it is just dinner.. Hehe. Seriously, it may have been uncoordinated, but you all did a great job out there. I am honored to be called a TEMPLAR!! Hear, Hear. And thanks to the prof for all his help and skill in this endeavor. Drink up!! Eat Up!! We are just getting started!!” with a big gulp of his beer, he riases the mug again and sits down.

Seeing the new guy, Leo, doing the dishes, Dhaltuun heads over and with a ’Need a hand?” he grabs a towel to dry. He will stand there quietly enjoying the camaraderie of the group.

So the group has two days to do as they please, I suggest it involves visiting locations in Char or its surrounding environs.

At the announcement of the bar hopping trip, Dhaltuun raises his hand. ”I will go. I need to ask some stuff and find ingredients.” He looks around the group ”Cuz someone wanted Dino burgers.” At that moment, Jessie says ’I will accompany you all as well. I too shall see this Char.” Vladimir just adds ”Count me in.” With that, Vladimir turns into a house cat and jumps up on Dhaltuun’s shoulders. ”Looks like team Dhaltuun is ready to hit the town.” He waits for the others, before putting his overcoat on atop his harness and baldric. ”May I suggest no big guns or weapons?” With that he unclips his smg and puts it away in his room.

Dhaltuun would like to few things while here in Char
OOC Comments
1: Find someone to show him how to cook dino meat
2: look for ways to enhance Marcella (sdc osprey)
3: SHOP (water, ocean/sea, pirate themed stuff.) definitely is looking for unique or exotic.
4: Learn about ironwood and the use of it
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Leo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:59 am

(Rolls carried over)

Dinner

Dhaltuun wrote:”TOAST!! My friends, This has been quite the day, no? But we prevailed and returned the victors. To the victors go the spoils!! Even if it is just dinner.. Hehe. Seriously, it may have been uncoordinated, but you all did a great job out there. I am honored to be called a TEMPLAR!! Hear, Hear. And thanks to the prof for all his help and skill in this endeavor. Drink up!! Eat Up!! We are just getting started!!”

Leo raises his stein and drains it. I like this guy... these people, all of 'em really. They... fight for what's right, and they take time to appreciate the good things.

Leo stands and refills his stein. "I got one too."

He looks at Sarik, and then at each of the people at the table in turn. He raises his stein. "To new friends. To fighting the good fight. And to living the good life. Bottom's up." He again drains his stein.

Later, he quietly washes the dishes, a smile on his face, thinking about the day he's had and the new friends he's found. Sure as hell beats flying solo, running for my life from the Sploog. Gonna ride this train to the last stop.

Dhal wrote:"Need a hand?”

He smiles at his companion. "Momma always said only fools turn down help with the dishes. An' my momma didn't raise no fools. I'll wash, you dry?"

As they work, he tries to get to know Dhaltuun a bit better. "So, Dhaltuun... I didn't quite see everything during that big dino fight - what's your game? You a man-at-arms? A line walker, maybe? I mean... it's pretty obvious what I am, right? I ain't gotta spell it out for no one." He gestures at his bio-comp and juicer harness.

"But I like to know what folks can do... in case I need to run hide behind someone, y'know?" He chuckles at his own jest.

Later

As Leo waits for others to speak up on who will be joining the First Annual Char Pub Crawl, Dhaltuun speaks up.

Dhal wrote:”I will go. I need to ask some stuff and find ingredients. Cuz someone wanted Dino burgers.”

Leo offers a little celebration, in the form of a sedate fist-pump. "Yes!" His smile widens as Jessie and Vladamir both agree to join.

Dhal wrote:”Looks like team Dhaltuun is ready to hit the town.”

Leo nods appreciatively. "NOW it's a party. Hells yeah, let's get this road on the show."

Dhal wrote:”May I suggest no big guns or weapons?”

Leo unslings his hammer and leaves it behind. "Best I can do, boss. 'Cept stay home, but I ain't doing that." He winks and smiles. "Saddle up, gang. This town ain't never seen the likes o' carousers and scoundrels like us," he says, obviously joking. "Let's make sure they remember it."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
-5% to Prowl
Leo

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Perception:1d100 = 54 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 43

Once they're back and settled back in after dinner, he looks for Jason. "So, boss, don't know if you heard the Raptor King but he was calling us out for being so uncoordinated. Granted, he was smug about it because his idea of 'coordination' was controlling other dinosaurs, but he did kinda have a point. We don't really have much in the way of a battle plan aside from 'everyone out for themselves.' Got any ideas as to how we could... I don't know... I think you humans call it, 'getting our act together?'"

Jason sits down with Rufus to talk about the incident.

"You're right. That was, what we in the military call, a cluster fuck. I'm to blame as much as anyone. It also didn't impress the professor. I don't know if he was shaken up by the violence itself, or the fact that we didn't even try to negotiate. If the latter, I hope that this doesn't cost us our contract." Jason leans back and lights a cigar, taking the time getting it going to arrange his thoughts. " Looking at the incident objectively, we seriously jumped the gun. He was not an overt threat yet. He was insulting, but I threw it right back in his face. We are in uncharted territory here. We may run into someone or other's territory. It is not unheard of for groups to ask for payment for crossing or using their land. From the raptor king's point of view, we probably acted like bandits. That is not who we are."

Jason looks out at the other Templar getting ready to bed down, trying to decide how best to address the issue. He sighs and turns back to Rufus. "Well old buddy, we have got to get these people on the same page. It's an inglorious job, but I'm appointing you my second in command. I'll have some kind of badge made up for you. We have a couple days before we head out again, so I'll need your help coming up with a plan. One of the first things I would like to do is get earpieces made for everyone who does not wear a helmet with built in speakers. When I was an MP, we had earpieces which were lightweight gel. They wouldn't fall out in a hurricane and still let you hear everything around you. That way we can share information easier without necessarily alerting anyone around us. We should also have a protocol for dealing with locals. "

Jason looks again to his team, feeling that he let them down. "Since some of them seem to want to blow off steam tomorrow. We will hold off on the team meeting until afterwards. I'll check places in town for the earpieces." He looks at Rufus's ears and smiles. "Yours will have to be custom made." Jason turns serious again. "Do you think we should try to track down that raptor king? If he does have control over a territory, we may have just made a serious enemy. If it is big enough, we could have created a problem for Char. While you are out and about tomorrow, I'd like you to ask around if anyone knows anything about him. I'll do the same. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:19 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 11:00 AM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.

Skill Rolls
Dex: Wardrobe & Grooming (To make himself look more pleasing to the eye and not look like a mercenary): Dex's idea of not a mercenary and everyone else's idea of what is a mercenary are seemingly one in the same, along with a side of bad hair day and likely the wrinkliest clothes ever worn. (This includes ruffled crushed velvet.)

Out on the town, Bar Crawl two: electric boogaloo
Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

Leo and his short obvious bodyguards make their way into the ruins that once was the metropolis of Charlotte, North Carolina. While the outskirts, where the group has made their camp are slowly being eaten by old mother nature, the central heart of downtown and it's immediate surroundings show signs of life. People living in retrofitted buildings, boarded up with local materials, shops based out of the shells of even older shops, the occasional vehicle driving past. While the population of char is far lower than some of her northern or western counterparts, she is likely the largest city in the dinosaur Swamp.

Dexter and Dhaltuun know of the biggest watering hole in town, so the group initially gravitates towards it. Roma's is a chaotic mess of an outdoor bar. It's major works based out of the ruins of an old fountain that still produces water. All of this is covered by a large cnopy made of old canvas, and animal hides. Surrounding the "bar" are a few dozen mismatched tables with a larger amount of mismatched chairs. At the current time the bar is moderately busy with what looks like a midday meal crowd. There being anywhere between twenty and fifty people present at the moment.

In the center directing her small army of staff is the cyclops woman known as Roma. She directs them with a strange efficiency, that those outside of the food industry would little understand. A large slate chalkboard lists the menu.

Menu Board wrote:Meat Plate 5 credits
Veggie Plate 5 credits
Mystery Plate 7 credits
Eye of the Hurricane 6 Credits
Whiskey 10 Credits
Wine 7 Credits
Rum 5 Credits
Vodka 15 Credits
Gin 9 Credits
Beer 5 credits

Notes specifically for Dhaltuun
Vladamir doesn't want to go into a town, he will stay at the Behemoth. Hearth Spirits are not known for liking travel. Little lists at the bottom of your post mean nothing, post in character actions to do any of those things. There is a literal list of what is available in Char in the initial GM post. ~Consumer

At the Camp.
Everyone but Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

Camp is relatively quiet. With Jessie, Bob, and the drones walking security on the perimeter, no one or thing seems to want to pester the Templar/University of Lazlo expedition. Reep is busy maintaining the expedition vehicles, while Professor Bharb and his "Students" look over their trinkets and other data points.

This leaves the remainder of the Templar with not only free time, but some relative peace, save that it's hot and muggy in a way that only the south can be.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Leo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:14 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 70

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 17

Leo marches into town with his new friends, checking out the environs as they go. Char's certainly an interesting place - built on the ruins of something else. These people are definitely survivors.

"I like this town. It's like desert scrub - determined to live where it is, damn the inhospitable conditions. Reminds me o' home, in a way."

As they enter Roma's he looks around, taking in the view. When he sees Roma, he thinks DAMN. That's a lot of woman. Could be fun...

Leo scrutinizes the chairs as they enter Roma's. Instead of trusting his mass to a rickety wooden chair, he grabs the sturdiest chair he can find and gently lowers himself into it, hoping it holds.

As a waiter or waitress approaches, Leo smiles. "Nice place. Three meat plates and three beers to start." He looks at his two companions. "What're you guys having?"

Charm: 10% 1d100 = 30 (LOL)
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
-5% to Prowl
Leo

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76 /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 97
Initiative: 1d20 = 18
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post

Skills -

Dhaltuun carries Vladamir back into the behemoth. ”Okay you stay here. Jessie will stay as well if i know her.” Dhaltuun sets his new friend down and asks him to prepare a package to take to Roma as an apology. ”What do you think, vladamir?? 50 lbs a good start?” With a chuckle, he heads off to his quarters to finish packing his daybag. ”Okay. Lets see. Spice array…check. Knives ...check. Notepad and recorder ...check and check… everything else looks good.” he grabs his baldric and coat along with the pack and heads back to the galley. Grabbing the meatpack, he puts in his pack, on the top, before closing the pack securely. He then, as a final thought, calls Marcella to his shoulder.

Dhaltuun just enjoys the company of his teammates as they head into town. ”This is great. Hanging out with me team. Travelling, exploring. I pray our endeavors do Njord honour.” He returns to the here and now as Leo’s voice booms out. As he walks, he absentmindedly rubs and scratches his best bird.

[quote=”Leo”]"I like this town. It's like desert scrub - determined to live where it is, damn the inhospitable conditions. Reminds me o' home, in a way."[/quote]

”I know what you mean. These are a sturdy peoples. We can learn much here.” Dhaltuun will then walk and window shop as he heads for Roma’s. There is so much to look at, it is hard for him to NOT look like a tourist. ’I need,more than a day here. So much to do.” He stops for a moment. Pulling out his notepad, Dhaltuun looks at his friends. ”I will catch up. I want to see a couple of things before Roma’s.”

He lets the other two move off before he looks around, trying to decide where to go first. After a moment, he shakes his head in defeat and heads to Roma’s. ”what am I thinking? I'm broke right now. Need to make some creds before I head for shops.” He walks into Roma’s.

As soon as he enters, Dhaltuun looks around for Roma. Seeing her, he heads over. ”Excuse me. Hello again, I am Dhaltuun. I made a mess last time i was here. I would like to give you this dino meat as a small token of how sorry I am. This is just a start. I am hoping to find someone to teach me how to prepare dino meat.” He will then give a small bow and wait for a response.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sarik » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:39 am

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 39
JIC: 1d100 = 4 1d20 = 17

OOC Comments
Skill Rolls to see if he can find anything useful for parts etc to make and sell or keep and use, or even ply said skills in trade for materials or other things of interest:
Botany 37% 1d100 = 70
Art (Professional): 72% 1d100 = 27

Lore: Magic and Ley Lines:
General Knowledge: 67% 1d100 = 87
Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 57% 1d100 = 57
Recognize Enchantment 47% 1d100 = 11

Field Armourer & Munitions Expert 72% 1d100 = 19
Basic Mechanics 57% 1d100 = 50
Wilderness Survival 62% 1d100 = 21

Leather Working 82% 1d100 = 92
Whittling & Sculpting: 57% 1d100 = 64

Sewing: 67% 1d100 = 19
Wardrobe & Grooming: 70% 1d100 = 3

Skin & Prepare Animal Hides: 47% 1d100 = 88
Blacksmith 52% 1d100 = 37

To try and negotiate prices for goods or services:
Barter 36% 1d100 = 52
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 41

Invoke Trust: 30% 1d100 = 10

Sarik would mostly keep to himself for a time, though he was social enough to gather with the others at meal time and otherwise give a hand if someone looked like they needed it. Outside of that, he was mostly keeping his nose buried in a journal and would be writing away as well as drawing sketches to get the whole thing caught up on all his adventures. This was the first time in a good while he'd had not only time to sit down and do so, but also do so safely.

When the mention of going into town came up, Sarik decided he would at least go along. He didn't have much money or items to trade, but he was confident he could find some way to work something out.

Leo wrote:He chuckles, adding to Sarik, "You and me are the new strangers in town... I know I can be a bit much for some folk but if you want, we can watch each other's backs."

Leo wrote:Leo grins widely. "Excellent. I hate to drink alone. I mean... I will drink alone, mind you, but I prefer not to." He winks at the Dwarf, and turns to the others. "Any other takers? Sarik? Rufus? Dhal? Jessie? ...Two Claws? ... Jason? Let's make a party of it."

"Certainly, if you wish." Sarik would somewhat quietly respond to Leo, not quite sure what to make of the huge, apparently gregarious man. Then again, when you're powerful enough, I suppose you can afford to treat everyone like a friend... "Though, I'm not much of one for drink right now. More than anything, I need supplies and I'm rather short on, well, everything."

Later, at the dinner he'd once more remain quiet and observant of the others. He didn't interact much, but he was paying attention all the same, in much the manner one might expect of say... a house cat. Keeping to himself, watching the others going about their lives. Studying them with a kind of introverted curiosity.

Leo wrote:He looks at Sarik, and then at each of the people at the table in turn. He raises his stein. "To new friends. To fighting the good fight. And to living the good life. Bottom's up." He again drains his stein.

"Ahh... yes. Of course."
Sarik would respond, not quite sure how to take that declaration so soon, he didn't really know... anyone here but, he didn't want to seem unfriendly or ungrateful! He just didn't really know how to act at the moment. He had a lot on his mind, and still needed time to really get to know everyone before he'd feel comfortable. Especially with all these mages...

When it came time to check out the town, Sarik would focus mostly on wanting to check out a number of businesses, specifically Chamberland's Arms and Armor, Viggo's Firearms, Stump's SteelTree Forge and Wares, Scraptown Salvage and Paradigm's Techno-Wizardry more or less in that order. Mostly he was interested in seeing what wares there were, and in the case of the scrap yard, what potential scrap there was that he could use to fabricate things for himself to use, or perhaps to barter for things he'd need. He had a lot of assorted skills to put to use after all, and perhaps he'd even be able to work a trade at one or more of the businesses given his knowledge of blacksmithing, leatherworking and other desirable skill sets.

Primarily, above all for now, he was keeping an eye out for silver, or better yet, silver bullets that would fit with his Thundergun. Secondly, ammunition for the gun in general since it could use silver rounds or regular ammunition. Failing that, perhaps he could find a few more books, pads of paper, drawing paper, art supplies, paints and so on and so forth. The technowiard shop he'd poke his nose into more out of curiosity than anything else, fairly convinced he'd not be able to find anything he could afford even remotely given his current finances, but it never hurt to look! Besides, he might find something as nifty as the TW pen he'd been gifted....
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess

Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.

Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None

Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half

Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage

Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 87

After finishing up with Rufus, Jason heads into town to catch up with the others. His late start means that he doesn't see where the drinkers head. Jason will, instead, start checking the shops. He has a list of items in mind, starting with 2 spare radios and ear pieces that are compatible with the team radios. In his wanderings, if he chances upon Sarik, he will suggest that they check the shops together.

Jason takes interest in Sarik's Thunderguns. "You are only the second person I've seen carrying these." Jason indicates his own Thundergun. "May I see one of yours?" If Sarik consents, Jason looks it over to see if there are any differences to his own. He wonders if they are all handmade, custom guns, or if they are part of a production run somewhere. "Just about all my weapon experience has been with mass produces factory guns. It is interesting to me to see different builders' takes on the same weapon. " Jason also is on the hunt for more ammunition for the big revolver; silver, SDC, 45 ramjet rounds, etc.

((Recognize Weapon Quality--77% / 1d100 = 74 examining Sarik's Thunderguns, if allowed)
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rufus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/69%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 53

"You're right. That was, what we in the military call, a cluster fuck. I'm to blame as much as anyone. It also didn't impress the professor. I don't know if he was shaken up by the violence itself, or the fact that we didn't even try to negotiate. If the latter, I hope that this doesn't cost us our contract." Jason leans back and lights a cigar, taking the time getting it going to arrange his thoughts. " Looking at the incident objectively, we seriously jumped the gun. He was not an overt threat yet. He was insulting, but I threw it right back in his face. We are in uncharted territory here. We may run into someone or other's territory. It is not unheard of for groups to ask for payment for crossing or using their land. From the raptor king's point of view, we probably acted like bandits. That is not who we are."

Rufus nods. “If I were the Professor, I’d probably have a few second thoughts at the time as well. But I like to think that the more he thinks about with a cool head it he’ll realize we’re not bandit thugs.” I certainly hope so, anyway… he adds to himself. At least that’s the impression that I got from Aletuilatl back at the temple. I’ve traveled with worse on the way to MercTown, but I wouldn’t want us to be that way full time.

He wrinkles his nose at Jason’s cigar smoke and fans away the occasional whiff that gets too close. “My folk like to say lepa beseda lepo mesto najde -- ‘politeness costs little and yields much.’ I think we all could have benefited from that, including Lizard-Lips himself. I don’t know that in the long run it would have gone down any other way than it did since it seemed like he was spoiling for a fight from the start, but from where I stand it’s always worth trying to talk our way out of a situation first. If nothing else it may reduce our chances of having to repair our gear or replace ammo.” He rubs his chin. “Of course, that could possibly mean our budget for bribes and baubles having to increase. Those scrolls from Nakamura aren’t exactly ones you can buy in bulk.”

Jason looks out at the other Templar getting ready to bed down, trying to decide how best to address the issue. He sighs and turns back to Rufus. "Well old buddy, we have got to get these people on the same page. It's an inglorious job, but I'm appointing you my second in command. I'll have some kind of badge made up for you. We have a couple days before we head out again, so I'll need your help coming up with a plan. One of the first things I would like to do is get earpieces made for everyone who does not wear a helmet with built in speakers. When I was an MP, we had earpieces which were lightweight gel. They wouldn't fall out in a hurricane and still let you hear everything around you. That way we can share information easier without necessarily alerting anyone around us. We should also have a protocol for dealing with locals. "

Jason looks again to his team, feeling that he let them down. "Since some of them seem to want to blow off steam tomorrow. We will hold off on the team meeting until afterwards. I'll check places in town for the earpieces." He looks at Rufus's ears and smiles. "Yours will have to be custom made."

Rufus chuckles as he manages a salute. “Aye aye, chief… but what’s that phrase you humans like to use? ‘Wee don’ neeed no steeenkeeng badges?’” he laughs. “I’ll be honest, I don’t think I’d mind a bit of steam-blowing as well as I haven’t done much of it since leaving Lazlo. But some might tell you I did enough of it there to last me quite a while yet. But we should probably use this downtime to prep for the next trip out into the field…” he thinks for a moment. “Probably should start by taking inventory of who has radios already and who don’t.” He pulls the walkie talkie style radio from his belt. “I borrowed this from the stash on board the Behemoth; there looked to be enough to go around but it’d be better if we all had our own units -- and possibly a bit higher quality ones at that. Once we have a wish list we can head out shopping; I don’t get the idea that this burg has many options for electronics so we may have to just take what we can get.” He sighs. “A pity… I’d like to look into some options for a personal robot we could use to house Carny’s A.I. instead of hard-wiring him into the Behemoth outright…” His voice trails off and he’s quiet for a moment before suddenly shaking the cobwebs out of his head. “We’d also need to know which ones already know how to operate them and who would need to be taught. It won’t do much good to give someone a radio if they don’t know what buttons to push.”

He cocks his head and looks up at Jason. “What are the comms capabilities of your tank? We could probably use it as a hub while out in the field if they’re good enough or could be upgraded for it. It’d make sense tactically as well as you’d need to know what we’re all doing anyway.”

Jason turns serious again. "Do you think we should try to track down that raptor king? If he does have control over a territory, we may have just made a serious enemy. If it is big enough, we could have created a problem for Char. While you are out and about tomorrow, I'd like you to ask around if anyone knows anything about him. I'll do the same. "

Rufus nods slowly. “Yep, we may have bought a cat in a sack with that one. Raptor Kings aren’t the humblest of creatures so it’s unlikely he’ll forgive us anytime soon… and it’s also unrealistic to believe we won’t have another run-in with him as long as we’re in this general area. As for it being ‘his’ territory, well… they’re pretty nomadic so it may just be a case of ‘wherever I am is my territory’ kind of thinking. They’re loners for the most part so I don’t think the city’s in too much danger but it’d probably be a good idea for us to be extra cautious. I doubt he’ll announce his presence so brazenly next time -- if there IS a next time, that is.”

The next morning after breakfast he tags along with Jason investigating the shops with an eye on more technological items. Not looking for anything in particular, of course, unless there happens to be any robots suitable for Carny…
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:50 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 11:20 AM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.

Out on the town, Bar Crawl two: electric boogaloo
Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

Leo discovers there isn't so much a wait staff as, that patrons order at the "bar" and someone brings the stuff out to them. In any case, The trio of cooks look at the big man and nod. "Thirty Credits." One of them says. Once paid the trio go about fulfilling the order.

Dhaltuun approaches Roma and makes an offering in hopes of learning how to cook dinosaur. The Cyclopean woman seems confused and tilts her head to the side. "Dinosaur is easy, cook for a long time and it's done, or have very tough teeth." She says with a chuckle. "What else can I tell you small man?" Roma says obviously towering over Dhaltuun.

Dexter is quiet for the most part.

Out on the town, Window Shopping
Jason, Sarik, Rufus

The group makes their way out into the town, not having a particular agenda, the group seems to follow Sarik's lead. Sarik leads the group from camp and almost directly to Chamberlands Arms And Armor. A shop built into the remains of a pre-rifts department store. It has been reinforced and there is obvios defenses in place. The interior is unlike th shops in MercTown, but only by a little bit. There are shelves and racks with assorted items on display, as well as open crates with wares available to browse. The only things that do not seem to be on open display is ammunition, that all seems to be stored behind a counter where a relatively ancient looking old man putters about cleaning while smoking a hand-rolled cigarette. When the group enters, he looks up. "Welcome to Chamberland's Arms and Armor, how may we help you?" The old man says with a polite sales voice.

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Return to Templar Adventure Forum