A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 12:40 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.

Out on the Town, Bar Crawl Two: Electric Boogaloo
Two Claws, Jason, Rufus, Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

The trio talks with the Caslow brothers. When Leo asks about music, Micah laughs. "They're likely to have entertainment later tonight when the dinner crowds arrive." He says before taking another pull from his cup of beer. When Dexter asks about Jazz, the trio look a bit confused. "Nope can't say we've heard of that one. Mostly folk music and what some people call swamp rock around here." Micah says while slapping Mitch in the arm, who in turn slaps George, who gets up to get more beer.

Shortly afterwards the group is joined by Two Claws and three more men, dressed in a similar manner as Micah, Mitch, and George. (Descriptions below) They are shortly joined by Jason, Rufus and Matthew. The six brother quickly converse in a mishmash language known locally as Creole, only every eighth word is understood as English of some sort. Soon enough Matthew quiets them down.

"So Phil, who'd you find? and Micah, who are these guys?" He asks in a manner that reminds some of a military commander.

The six men quickly disseminate information to their boss, who turns to the Templar. "Small world I guess." He says with a chuckle.

"Well if you're interested, we were hired by a coalition of locals to deal with some manner of threat. It appears to be canine, but certainly doesn't act like one. It tends to attack loners and very small groups, ripping them to shreds with claws and teeth before eating the victims hearts." Matthew says firmly.

"The Caslow's have come up with some theories as to what it is, but until we catch the beast in the act, we'll not know." He concludes.

"I think it might be more than one, but I can only base it on how quickly a few of the attacks happened and the distance need to be covered. So either their is more than one or it's wicked fast." Scott Caslow says looking at the contents of his cup that George hands over.

"The pay isn't too great, a small collection of items and a waiver with the local Operators Guild. But the credit from the locals does go a bit farther than exposure, as some would say up north. You were saying you're working with that professor right? I'm sure if you guys help us bag this critter, the locals may be able to point your Professor in the right direction of something worth looking at." Matthew says looking at Jason.

Phil speaks up. "We could hook you up with some custom rifles and ammo for helping."

Caslow Brothers and Matthew Rogal
Matthew Rogal:Average height and build, with short white hair. A bionic left arm and a few scars on his face. Seems overly serious.
Scott Caslow: Tall, rail thin with short greying brown hair and a scraggly goatee. Quiet for the most part and always looking about, likely the oldest of the brothers.
Phil Caslow: Tall, overweight with a short blonde mohawk and a long goatee and wire framed glasses. Always seems to be chuckling at some joke that no one knows.
Micah Caslow: Tall, overweight with short brown mohawk and a muttonstache and wire framed glasses. Always smiling, likely half drunk as well.
Andrew Caslow: Short, with long blonde hair and a short full beard and wire framed glasses. Seems to always be paying attention to something else.
Mitchel Caslow: Average height, overweight mixed black male with a mess of curly hair and a scraggly beard with thick framed glasses. Tends to be quietly talking to George about all manner of weird things.
George Caslow: Tall, average build Arab male with short black hair and thick framed glasses. Tends to look like he's not paying a lick of attention, also seems like the youngest of the six.

Skills
All info is based off of what is told during this post:
Rufus:Lore: D-Bee (in case the perp is a D-bee): Possibility is there, but not unless they were considerably deranged.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (in case the perp is a demon or monster): Several come to mind, but two stand out, Alu Demon Hound and Werewolves.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (in case the perp is either one of those): Anything is possible if you believe enough.
Mythology (in case there are any myths/legends that talk about something doggy-esque that rips people open): Rufus is sure he either skipped that day at school or was to busy reading comic books.
Zoology (in case the perp is a critter): Rufus supposes it could be a very angry wolf.
Two Claws: Lore: Cattle & Animals (to determine what kind of animal they are describing): Nothing comes to mind, doesn't even sound like a wolf really.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (to determine what kind of creature they are describing): Two Claws remembers two legends from her people, ones of a man turned monster, after consuming the flesh of a human, Wendigo. The other is a dark legend of skinwalking men who take on the aspects of animals.

Out on the town, Window Shopping (Viggo's Firearms)
Sarik

Sarik makes his way to the other shops, starting with Stumps. There he finds a set up that reminds him of a blacksmith's shop, but he doesn't see any metal anywhere. just a bunch of wood items shaped to look like metal tools and weapons. When he talks to the proprietor of the shop, a mountain of a man barely wearing any clothes in the sweltering heat of the forge, he gets a chuckle. "Blacksmith tools... I have some things that would do the job, but I don't carry anvils."

Stumps
Steel tree Blacksmithing Tools: 500 credits

His trip to the scrapyard, introduces Sarik to a mutant goat named Lamont. He says that silver is hard to come by in Char and that it's unlikely if he didn't find it at Chamberland's his last resort might be Paradigm's Techno-Wizardry.

At Paradigms, Sarik meets a woman, who is most definitely selling her self made wares. If asked about silver she says she has a small amount and could sell a portion of it for the right price.

Paradigm's
.25 lb of silver: 4,000 credits
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Jason Long » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 54

Consumer wrote:"Well business calls it seems, if you'd like to join in the hunt, please feel free to join me at Roma's. Apparently one of my local hunters met someone who can help." Matthew says before heading out.

Jason starts to follow Matthew out of the store. "Sounds interesting. I think I'll tag along." He pauses for a moment and makes note to return to the shop later.

As Jason walks in to Roma's with Matthew, he smiles as he sees Two Claws, the "someone who can help" that Matthew's associates must have mentioned. "Two Claws, funny meeting you here. "

Jason sits down with the others while Matthew briefs them on what little he knows. He weighs the options and tentatively agrees. Jason then turns to Rufus and Two Claws. "What do you think? Does this sound like any creature you've ever heard of? That fact that it appears to primarily eat the hearts would, to my way of thinking, exclude a simple animal. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Leo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:28 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 69 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 6

Dexter wrote:"Ya know, me always had a thing fer sumting called jazz. Ever heard of it? Me preallying like da swing style. It dont mean a ding if ain't got dat swing. Du wap, du wap, du wap."

Leo listens as Dexter... 'sings'.

"You know, I never heard that song." He grins. "I guess I still haven't." He elbows Dex gently.

Micah wrote:"They're likely to have entertainment later tonight when the dinner crowds arrive."

As they talk about music, Leo watches as Two Claws, Jason, and Rufus arrive with other strangers. He shouts "NOW it's a party! Come sit over here!" and moves to get chairs for them.

Matthew wrote:"Well if you're interested, we were hired by a coalition of locals to deal with some manner of threat.... I'm sure if you guys help us bag this critter, the locals may be able to point your Professor in the right direction of something worth looking at."

Leo looks to Jason to gauge his response. If there's some kind of thing out there puttin' the hurt on folks, we should stop it if we can. I know we have another job at the moment, but... let's see what Jason thinks.

As Jason asks Rufus and Two Claws for their opinions, he thinks to himself if the details match any legends he's heard of.

Lore: D-Bee 35% 1d100 = 12 (SUCCESS)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 77 (FAIL)
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
Leo

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23 /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 56
Initiative: 1d20 = 3
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post

Skills -
Lore: Demon 74% / 1d100 = 6 - try to id beast
Lore: Faerie 54% / 1d100 = 94 - try to id beast
Lore: Magic - **General Knowledge: 64% / 1d100 = 29 - try to id beast

Dhaltuun puts away his notebook and finally gets into the party. ”Hi all. Sorry about that. I have a passion for cooking. My name is Dhaltuun Onyxforge. Glad to know you.” He nods hid head in greeting and takes a swig of beer. Hearing the talk of music, Dhaltuun perks up. ”I al;ways liked me a good fiddle. Most be the southerner in me. Swamp Rock? That is new to me, but knida want to hear it now.”

Seeing Two Claws accompanied by some men, Dhaltuun stands and raises an eyebrow in question “You okay?”. Aftering seeing she is okay, he motions to an empty chair at the table for her to join. ”Hi Two Claws. Who are your friends?” As the new ones gather and start jabbering on, Dhaltuun gets a shocked look on his face. ’Holy Crapcakes… They are speaking Creole!! My pappy spoke that. I could never pick it up, but I recognize it anywhere.”[i] He raises his glass to the new group as they return to the table. ”Been a long time since i heard anyone speak creole. Nice to hear.” [i]”Brings back fond memories of home.”

Dhaltuun leans in as he grabs his notebook. He jots down notes as the others describe this thing they are hunting. Dhaltuun tries to figure out what it may be based on what he knows. ”Appears canine, but doesnt act like one? Tough enough to attack a small group. Uses teeth and claw to kill. Eats heart of victim. Multiple or very fast baddie.’ He focuses on the convo just as the pay part is mentioned. ”I am sure that is fine. I am not the leader of this little crew, but i like the sound of that.’ He looks around at the other Templars. ”A little local favor isn't a bad thing.”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sarik » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 45
JIC: 1d100 = 62 [dice]1d0[/dice]

To try and find items/tools:
Barter 36% 1d100 = 31
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 23
Invoke Trust: 30% 1d100 = 26

At the TW shop Sarik would pay for the silver but also start nosing around to see what kind of TW toys and inventions that the shop keeper had made. While Sarik couldn't actually cast any kind of magic, he -could- use TW items, and was pretty good at it for what ever reason. He had a high potential but no real skill. TW items though let him get around that, while having the added benefit of letting him turn the tables on less ethical magic users with their own tools and spells, to an extent at least. Of course the downside was most TW items were quiet expensive and those he knew of and was interested were mostly well out of his financial range right now.

"Do you have any useful gadgets by chance that aren't too expensive?" He'd inquire of the woman "I've heard of some climbing claws that use magic to power them, or magic powered translators" (TW Climbing Claws (P81 Arzno), TW Language Translator (P84 Arzno)) "Or anything roughly in that kind of price range or less? Some TW grenades that are reusable perhaps? I've heard some are useful against vampires and similar creatures."
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess

Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.

Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None

Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half

Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage

Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 83

"Do me need to sing louder, than? Huh?" Dexter grins after Leo elbows him. Dexter than watches as the others continue to gather. He ties his hat as he makes eye contact for the first time. After everyone has had a chance to settle, he will of a round of drinks for the family large group that has now accumulated. Leo should be accustomed to dis. Large family like atmosphere. We got six brothers here now, wow. That grocery bill musta been big. Dexter's attention picks when a reward with he operators guild is mentioned and when Phil's speaks of custom weapons. He remains silent, though.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rufus » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56/72%
JIC: 1d100 = 82/1d20 = 4

Conditions:
- PPE: 230/242 at the end of this post
- Active spell: Tongues -- 18 minutes remaining

Rufus lets out a soft chuckle when they arrive at Roma's and find the other members of the group already there. I guess it's true that all roads lead to Roma's, he muses. Even Dhal, looks like. I wasn't sure he was ever going to come back in here after what happened during our last meal. Good for him.

He tries to listen along as Matthew and the Caslow brothers get caught up, but is quickly frustrated at how little he can make out of their Creole patois. I hate it when I don't speak the language. Fortunately for me... He quickly walks over to Leo, Dex and Dhal. "Zdravo, friends! Good to see everyone in such fine spirits -- literally!" he pats the dwarves on the shoulder (mainly because he couldn't easily reach up to Leo's) and whispers almost under his breath "মুখের মধ্যে কথা বলতে." ((OOC: Casting the Tongues spell -- 12 PPE)) "I'd share that we've made a new friend but it looks like you have too..." he half turns back to the group, and while he does interact with his fellow Templars he mainly is trying to get a better listen with his superior hearing. He also tries to get a few sniffs in to tag scents of their new acquaintances if possible.

Hopefully the Nose Knows...
1d100 = 88/57% Prowl (to cast the spell and take sniffs without being conspicuous)
1d100 = 91/57% Prowl attempt #2
1d100 = 83/57% Prowl attempt #3 (well, crap in a monkey-fightin' hat...)
1d100 = 76/56% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
1d100 = 84/70% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 34/46% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away

Once everyone's brought back up to speed he takes a seat along with everyone else and listens to Matthew's casual briefing. He turns to Jason, who's clearly of a like mind.

Jason Long wrote:Jason sits down with the others while Matthew briefs them on what little he knows. He weighs the options and tentatively agrees. Jason then turns to Rufus and Two Claws. "What do you think? Does this sound like any creature you've ever heard of? That fact that it appears to primarily eat the hearts would, to my way of thinking, exclude a simple animal. "

"Agreed," Rufus nods. "Živali that hunt for sustenance eat as much of their kill as they can. Eating only the heart of a corpse suggests a luxury, a trophy even. I'd almost go so far as to say this thing's doing this more for sport than anything else." He sits back. "As far as what this thing may be... my early guess could be an Alu Demon Hound, or even your garden-variety werewolf." He turns to Two Claws. "What about you? A heart-eating canine ring any bells on your end?"

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”A little local favor isn't a bad thing.”

Rufus nods again. "Indeed. Friendly locals might remember things of interest to the Professor that they might not otherwise." He looks back at Jason. "Speaking of, we really should check with him to make sure he's not going to need us while we go help track down this pošast. After all, he IS our primary employer." And we need to warn him about the possibility of someone trying to steal our vehicles. For all we know, this offer could be just a ruse to get us away from the campsite... but that could just be me being paranoid.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Two Claws » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 80 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 46

Two Claws follows the three brothers back into town. Entering an establishment, known as Roma's, Two Claws is presently surprised to see her fellow members enjoying themselves. She also notices a few of the locals enjoying the time with them. The warm and friendly atmosphere reminds her of home.

Father and brother, where are you? Maher the spirit guide you back home. Can I even go home now? Maybe this could be my new family? Ha! That would be funny.

Two Claws takes a seat as the others make room and large group. She is sitting there quietly, when Jason speaks up followed by Rufus.

Jason wrote:"What do you think? Does this sound like any creature you've ever heard of? That fact that it appears to primarily eat the hearts would, to my way of thinking, exclude a simple animal. "

Rufus wrote:
"Agreed,"
Rufus nods. "Živali that hunt for sustenance eat as much of their kill as they can. Eating only the heart of a corpse suggests a luxury, a trophy even. I'd almost go so far as to say this thing's doing this more for sport than anything else." He sits back. "As far as what this thing may be... my early guess could be an Alu Demon Hound, or even your garden-variety werewolf." He turns to Two Claws. "What about you? A heart-eating canine ring any bells on your end?"

"Well, heart eating canines are not anything that my people encounter. Now if it was a giant cannibal eating bird of the north than I would know for sure. Most of the things I encounter most, if not all of the body. There is much left. Now I have heard stories and rumors of creature that resembles these traits, I just don't have first hand experience. I believe what they called it was a Wendigo."

Two Claws pauses for a moment.

"You know, there might another creature or should I say man. The skinwalking men take on the aspects of other animals. Though there even less info on them than the Wendigo."
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:09 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 12:50 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.

Hunting Council
Two Claws, Jason, Rufus, Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

Skills
Leo:
Lore: D-Bee: Not too many D-bees come to mind, maybe the rare Zenith Moon Warper, or a particularly savage goblinoid.
Lore: Demons & Monsters: Nothing comes to mind. (In the future please make note of what the skill is for next to the skill. ~Consumer)
Dhaltuun:
Lore: Demon (try to id beast): Maybe a Werewolf, or an actual demon like an Alu.
Lore: Faerie (try to id beast): Nothing comes to mind.
Lore: Magic (try to id beast): Not really an applicable skill.
Rufus:
Prowl (to cast the spell and take sniffs without being conspicuous): Rufus thinks he's being sneaky, and no one immediately acts like they're paying attention to him.
Scent (To track blood scent up to 1,000’ away): Tons of blood on the wind, but it doesn't help being in the equivalent of a restaurant/bar.
Scent (To recognize common/known smells): Meat, blood, gun powder, a few acrid chemicals used for keeping bugs away.
Scent (To recognize the scent of others up to 50’ away): You're not entirely sure you could track the Caslow Brothers. They're particularly scent neutral. Matthew Rogal may be more easily tracked as he doesn't seem to have the same skill set as the Brothers.

As the group discusses what the creature could or could not be. A bearded man in a cowboy hat takes up a corner of Roma's with his guitar and begins to play. Matthew looks to the group and nods. "Seems like we have an accord then. The beast only seems to attack at night. So we've been limiting out hunting to night time. Thus far unsuccessfully. I'm hoping with the addition of your team we can cover more ground and catch the beast."

Phil Caslow sets his beer down and speaks. "Worst case scenario, the beast kills again. With the added help we may be able to track it back to it's lair."

Out on the town, Window Shopping (Viggo's Firearms)
Sarik

Sarik wrote:"Do you have any useful gadgets by chance that aren't too expensive?" He'd inquire of the woman "I've heard of some climbing claws that use magic to power them, or magic powered translators" (TW Climbing Claws (P81 Arzno), TW Language Translator (P84 Arzno)) "Or anything roughly in that kind of price range or less? Some TW grenades that are reusable perhaps? I've heard some are useful against vampires and similar creatures."

Paradigm nods at Sarik's questions. "I have both actually, but they are not cheap. The CLimbing Claws run thirty thousand, and the Translator is sixty-five thousand. As for grenades, I don't really have a customer base for them, and Vampires are all but unheard of in this wet environment."

So next post I will be moving the group forward to the evening and beginning the hunt. Please post your preparations in your next post. ~Consumer

What are your Intentions?

Caslow Brothers and Matthew Rogal
Matthew Rogal:Average height and build, with short white hair. A bionic left arm and a few scars on his face. Seems overly serious.
Scott Caslow: Tall, rail thin with short greying brown hair and a scraggly goatee. Quiet for the most part and always looking about, likely the oldest of the brothers.
Phil Caslow: Tall, overweight with a short blonde mohawk and a long goatee and wire framed glasses. Always seems to be chuckling at some joke that no one knows.
Micah Caslow: Tall, overweight with short brown mohawk and a muttonstache and wire framed glasses. Always smiling, likely half drunk as well.
Andrew Caslow: Short, with long blonde hair and a short full beard and wire framed glasses. Seems to always be paying attention to something else.
Mitchel Caslow: Average height, overweight mixed black male with a mess of curly hair and a scraggly beard with thick framed glasses. Tends to be quietly talking to George about all manner of weird things.
George Caslow: Tall, average build Arab male with short black hair and thick framed glasses. Tends to look like he's not paying a lick of attention, also seems like the youngest of the six.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Leo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:44 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 82

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 6

Leo racks his memories to try to think of any dbee, demon, or monster that takes hearts, but he's unsatisfied with the few dbees he can think of. This... isn't just some insane dbee, from the sounds of it. This is... something supernatural, or some... god knows what. But it's beyond my paygrade, whatever it is.

Dexter wrote:"Do me need to sing louder, than? Huh?"

Leo is about to reply when the bearded man begins to play guitar. He listens to the tune, enraptured, though he doesn't recognize it. I haven't heard music in... god... a year? Year and a half? He listens in silence until the end of the song.

He shakes his head. "Good music. Good food. Good liquor. Good friends. I... missed so much."

He sighs deeply and refocuses on the discussion at hand.

As Two Claws sits, he slides a drink wordlessly over to her.

Rufus wrote:"Speaking of, we really should check with him to make sure he's not going to need us while we go help track down this pošast. After all, he IS our primary employer."

Leo nods. "True - Though he said we'd have a day or two to ourselves, so if we can track him down quickly it shouldn't put the good doctor out much."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
Leo

Postby Sarik » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:01 pm

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 86
JIC: 1d100 = 82 1d20 = 20

Sarik would nod to the woman, taking a few moments to decide which was more important to him, given that he didn't have enough credits to buy both after his other purchases, and he wanted to be sure he had at least -some- local currency left. While he technically had a good amount of credits still available, they weren't exactly from Earth, which made them effectively worthless at the moment. "Will take translator please." he'd respond "And silver."

That all tabulated and paid for, he'd stash things away in his kit and then return to the rest of the party to get ready for, well, what ever would come next. At least now he had a few really handy tools, and more importantly, spare ammunition for his thunderguns. Not much perhaps, but enough for a short fight or two at the very least.

OOC Comments
All purchases so far:
75 rounds of .45 Long Colt (Standard)
35 .45 Long Colt (Silver)
20 Arrows (Standard)
2 Arrows (Explosive)
Ammo Reloading Kit (Portable)
Ammo Reloading supplies (good for 100 Standard bullets)
Steel tree Blacksmithing Tools
TW Translator (P84 Arzno)
Total Cost: 77375
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess

Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.

Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None

Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half

Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage

Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 6

Dexter listens the musician play the guitar before returning back to the group. Sounds good bit a little slow for me taste. His voice kinda reminds me of a friend me once had. Now what was his name? Dexter's thoughts are cut short when hears Leo's voice.

Leo wrote:"True - Though he said we'd have a day or two to ourselves, so if we can track him down quickly it shouldn't put the good doctor out much."

Dexter stokes his bead and tilts his head. Leaning back in his chair, he gives the room a quick glance around. Than turning back to Leo. "Yes, da professor did say we had a day or so. And by da looks of da new group, it shouldn't take all dat long. Me think we got everyting covered. Da professor probably be back at camp wit his nose in da books or maps or someting. Me say it ain't goin to be me, dough."
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum